US Government's NSF

48 Reviews for Gamesbite.com

▼ Sort by: recent

bartonp6
11/14/13

Site is a fraud. Uses the website as a front to launder money from stolen credit cards.

daveh56
10/13/13

I have never used this website before or even looked at it. On October 10th 2013, this company somehow deducted $118.19 US from my bank account and another $1.19 for an international fee. From looking at all the other comments this site is a fraud. BEWARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

kellyh44
9/30/13

I have never had any dealing with this site but 38 payments of £9.99 were deducted fr my bank account without my knowledge. I know this may not be the fault of the site but I would be wary about dealing with them.

michaelm150
9/17/13

this site is a scam never used them then they took £9.99 individual transactions until bank was completely empty phoned bank they are refunding money and already investigating company for fraud

stirlingw
6/7/12

I never have done business with this company but to my surprise I got a call from VISA fraud prevention asking me if the transaction that came through this morning was valid. I hope Interpol is investigating them. I would be more than happy to assist them. Frigging theives!

davidg39
1/21/12

Not instant delivery of points at all. Last time it took 3 days and rude emails from "john" at Gamesbite before they bothered sending the points.
Just tried again, fool i am, and two hours later absolutely nothing. I dont think they are con artists but the custoner service stinks. Stay away from them

tinaw7
Apprentice Reviewer
10/7/11

Never ordered from their website but I have ordered from them twice via their eBay shop and never had any issues - Delivery was a little slow (about a week) hence the 4 stars but overall I haven't really had any issues.

flippyfloopf
7/27/11

Ordered ' instant MS points ' .
Still haven't arrived. Complete BS.
Don't go near this company they suck

bobg7
5/5/11

I ordered an Instant 3 month Xbox Live code but there wasn't much about it that was instant. After a 3 day wait (admittedly it was a bank holiday weekend, but what is the point of offering an "instant" code if you can't deliver instantly, I would have been better ordering a card from Amazon or popping into Game, at least they open on a bank holiday/weekend) there was still no sign of the code. When the office finally decided to open I enquired what had happened to my order, it turns out they had cancelled it, without even contacting me or giving me an explanation. It was only when I chased them that I found out I had failed a couple of the fraudulent checks. Even though my credit card was apparently "fraudulent" they still took the money, a refund was on it's way but that doesn't explain why my card was deemed "fraudulent", surely no money would have been attempted to be taken from a "fraudulent" card? One of the reasons I apparently failed their checks is that I didn't put my phone number in when ordering. There was no asterisk or other indicator near this input field showing that this information was required, something which most online retailers show, so I assumed they wanted this for marketing purposes or a problem with the order and didn't fill it in. They wouldn't tell me the other criteria when I failed, which I thought was a bit fishy. Overall I wouldn't use this site again. I got my code in the end but it wasn't without effort and time on my part. The customer service side of things needs to improve (as well as extending business hours) if I would ever consider ordering from these guys again.

jaredm
3/24/11

Horrible.. Complete garbage.. BE aware these ppl are thieves!!
Ordered 'instantly sent' codes which never appear,as previous reviewer stated. You've been well warned!

maka1
2/15/11

Bought a Tv ears had a technical problem with it sent back the item in perfect condition. Ask gamesbite a refund. They lie to me..and refuse.
Liers, with bad customers service (very rude people).
Stay away from this site. There are tons of good merchands out there...Gamesbite didn't deserve your business.

johnr18
11/19/10

terrible company. complete con artists, take your money and don't send goods. ordered ds game took money then heard nothing again. just got back money through paypal.they are also on ebay under the same name.soAVOID UNLESS YOU WANT TO BE RIPPED OFF>>

salm2
9/20/10

Bought a limited edition game from this site. Called prior to ordering to check it was instock and available at listed price and told yes it was still instock. Checking back several days later to see if it had been posted yet was informed I would be receiving a refund as they had listed it wrong. It is currently still instock but now listed £50 more than I paid. I feel this is unacceptable customer service especially considering I checked stock and price prior to ordering. Very disappointed with them as a company and was only when I chased was told I would get a refund though the price went up very soon after I purchased (I had told a friend who also wanted same game so know price changed soon after I bought it)

nickn
3/22/10

if there was a zero i'd have checked that ... my first ever bad review for a company. please do not risk dealing with them under any circumstances.

their customer service is completely inept, finally got some money back after 6 months

bobs5
1/29/10

think them people who are moaning about Customer service should email the right person as i got a response of the dispatch person on boxing day .

link to there website in the listing i bought from which give me the information that they were closed but i got a response from karl

rona6
1/17/10

CUSTOMER SERVICE AWFUL COMPLETE TIMEWASTERS!!
Ordered a game from Gamesbite 3 weeks emailed Customer service 5 email told me game is out of stock refunded than they opened unpaid item dispute against me .

bryanw1
1/16/10

Gamesbite is the worst company i ever had the misfortune of dealing with.
They also sell on eBay Customer service is awful and they take your money but do not deliver the goods (see all the negative feedback left eBay ).

johnm20
1/16/10

Do not use dreadful customer service impossible to get refund on faulty goods.Check their feedback on Ebay if further proof is needed

rebeccao1
1/9/10

the digital delivery code i got sent doesnt work. and no response from Gamesbite. I phoned microsoft and they said they DO NOT sell online codes. THIS IS A BREACH OF THEIR COPYWRITE LAWS!!!! They only come in seal packets as usual DO NOT USE THIS SITE OR AT LEAST THE DIGITAL ORDERING!!!!!!!1

edwardl
12/22/09

I bought the xbox 360 4200 points on a digital download, bought it in the afternoon, and received an email with the code in the evening. All good, will definately use again :)

andreac
12/7/09

STAY WELL AWAY! Ordered a rapid fire controller for my son for Xmas, site says they are new, opened, modded and repackaged. Sent with no packaging - looks v suspicious. When I raised it with them, I was basically told 'tough', it's as advertised - but it's not!!!!!!!. Worried not that it won't even work, and won't be able to get money back. I wish I had bought elsewhere

hugow
12/4/09

Very good, no complaints

omarb
12/3/09

This website has every thing that you need for you game no matter what kind of platform your on, very quick response, bought microsoft points got then digitally in less than an hour.

kellyw
11/24/09

This website is great. I was able to get my product within minutes. Keep it up. Thanks for the fantastic service.

miriamg
11/23/09

Very helpful, especially having the live chat so you can ask questions and get an answer really quickly.

ianh
11/19/09

Killed off my credit cards and could not buy my Xbox points via my xbox. Found Gamesbite and got my points by email this afternoon. I understand that if I had been in a hurry for them I could have got them via the live helpdesk first thing this morning rather than wait for the e-mail.
Great service, will be getting my future points from here.

stephenr4
11/17/09

Grand so. Quick, painless. Got my Xbox Live code pretty quickly, allowing me to go and get killed repeatedly online and thereby affirm my status as a techno-failure.

Don't know what those other whingers are on about. They must be fairly pointless characters. The site's grand.

shaunj
11/16/09

This website is amazing. Especially if you're an Xbox 360 owner, on Xbox live. They sell 12 month Xbox Live, for £10 cheaper than Microsoft themself. The points are quite cheaper too. They do e-mail delivery of points and membership. They even have online support in case you need their help. Fast delivery on everything I've bought from them. Would strongly recommend you check them out.

tobiasg
11/16/09

Prompt and easy to get 12 month Gold membership on Xbox

peterb1
11/7/09

This website is a total, I ordered my xbox live code , then 2 month later, i have been banned from xbox live for buying fake xbox live code. Beware buyers, you might get good service for 2 months, then after you will get banned ! This is disgusting, I can't play xbox live at all , I'm so upset, I have been a gamer for 6 years now, now this happens.

roym
11/6/09

great used it several times now especially for Microsoft points/xbox live membership. very good prices and fast electronic delivery.****

kitchl
11/5/09

Hi there I have purchased quite a few 1 month xbox live pre paid cards of you guys and your service is second to none. BIG WELL DONE!!!! 1st class service.....

danielg2
11/2/09

This Website Is Great. I've Ordered Several Things From Here. Turtle Beach X3's, Rapid Fire Controllers And XBL Gold :) Its Great And I'd Reccommend Everyone To Come Along. You Wont Be Dissapointed With The Final Results :)

ryans4
10/28/09

great seller super quick i was waitting in a queue and still only took a couple of minutes

jamesr3
10/27/09

the site was really easy to use, and very fast in delivering xbox gamer points. i can't really fault it and would recommend it to anyone who wants instant delivery of gamer points or to renew there xbox live subscriptions. plus it's cheaper than getting them direct from xbox

jonathonm
10/23/09

This site is absolutely fantastic.

Microsoft charge £39.99 for 1 year of xbox live gold membership, which is already a fantastic price... GamesBite, however, offer the exact same thing (scanned and emailed) for £10 less!

BARGAIN!

annetm
10/7/09

Nice website, easy payment, helpfull staff, real fast delivery.

Ordered a 3 month xbox live subscription, paid easily with paypal, contacted there support team for digital downloads and got a file photocopy of the code sent while in support chat immediately after request.

What more do you want cheapest around and faster than driving into town.

markg1
10/6/09

Excellent. No probs with getting digital delivery, and the code worked fine

ivanm
10/5/09

Its great

phillipr
10/4/09

Good fast service, even on a Sunday! Will definately be returning soon :)

jamesp2
9/30/09

Check this out! You leave feedback then they call you a liar!!!:

john g. wrote: -------------------------
Subject: your lie for feedback
at no point do we offer instant delivery what we do is state that if we are online on our chat we will deliver the code i was not online when you was transfered to me and when you came back half hour later your code was sent when your at work on your lucnh do you expect to be interupted

John,

You continue to prove my point about your appaling service..... It is totally irrelevant to me as a customer that i was passed to you by your colleague for INSTANT DELIVERY when you were on lunch. Ive never had worse service and the fact youve taken the time to call me a liar for stating a fact amazes me. By the way I am a retail manager and YES I do expect to have my lunch interrupted regularly. By the way in the time you spent ONLINE telling me your lunch was going cold you could have done your job instead. Your service is a joke

thomask
9/30/09

Rubbish

stevew2
8/19/09

Same experience as others on this page. They are complete fraudsters. Ordered 4200 xbox points from them - when the letter finally arrived with the code I found it had already been used. The email supposedly going to some "non - existent" address that "I" had supposedly given. Avoid at all costs!!!!

mikeb
8/16/09

How can microsoft continute to let these guys sell xbox live codes that are clearly used and old? I would think microsoft would stop these guys from selling used codes. Maybe if someone sends MS a link to these reviews they will look into it.

sik
8/13/09

Stay clear , look professional on web site but a complete joker. Ordered 'instantly sent' codes which never appear and ,as previous reviewer stated , there was no joy when phoning his help number. Three days later i raised a grievance with Pay Pal and voila , money was refunded. You've been well warned!

andyl1
7/17/09

We bought an xbox live subscription from these 'people'. When it arrived it did not work. We told them this immediately. They told us to log a support call with microsoft - checking with microsoft the subscription had already been activated by someone else. Gamesbite refuse to give us our money back, claiming that we had either 'had our email account hacked' (lol) or passed the code onto someone else and were trying to get another one free. These guys are not trading fairly. AVOID. AVOID. AVOID.

nathanr
5/24/09

They are liars and fraudsters. I bought an Xbox Live 2100 point code from them but when I received it and tried to use it it didn't work so I emailed them, they told me to get in touch with Microsoft. SO I did; MS said the code had already been used by someone else. SO I told Gamesbite this and they said they were not responsible. They are thieves.

DO NOT BUY FROM GAMESBITE LTD...YOU WILL BE ROBBED!

wayneb
12/3/08

bad traders, dodgy dealers do no USE - <p>i ordered 4200 xbox live points for my son and on the web site it says same day electronically delivered, that was yesterday and i am still waiting for my email and code for my points?</p>
<p>now the web page has 2 numbers great i'll call them---no answer---left messages and they</p>
<p>never respond at all,also left countless messages via email and still no response.</p>
<p>i think they are fraudelently trading and as such people should be aware of this and do not trade with this web site ever.</p>
<p>also a dispute has been filed with paypal via the dispute console and they have only replied to say they were out of the office and that they were not prepared todeal with me whilst a dispute was open.</p>
<p>very bad traders and should be shut down</p>

Best Online Electronics Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber