US Government's NSF
geraldr

8 Reviews for Gamehouse.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/3/13

Gamehouse is the worse gaming site on the internet, it doesn't give you the points you earn then if it does it takes them away for no reason. I ve contacted theor customer support department many times always get the same form letter but nothing is ever done.........STAY AWAY FROM GAMEHOUSE A TOTAL RIPOFF

6/13/13

I subscribed to them, but cancelled a few days later because I could not log in to the site. Their "frequently asked questions" explain it was because of a recent customer database update and all I had to do was re-register. Well, I didn't, because who's to say that it would work that time, and then they can double-charge you. Plus, how many websites do you hear having trouble allowing people to log-in? So I cancelled. Well, I got charged $21, even though I had a cancellation confirmation. I called them again, and they told me it was never cancelled. I looked at the Better Business Bureau and they have numerous complaints filed against them, including a lawsuit with Washington State's attorney general's office!!! They are fraud!

3/14/13

I was a member of Real Arcade which then became Gamehouse. I'm still a member and it's been 8 years since I joined Real Arcade. I have honestly never had any problem with their site or their games. I download a minimum of 2 games a month. A handful of times I've had issues with games not opening or closing early - but it's always ended up being another program interfering and not a Gamehouse problem. I have never had a problem using my tickets for free games, and you earn additional coins just by playing that you can use to buy additional free games! I orginally joined to casually game - in in the last few years my son has become an active player of their games. And he loves the variety of the games and it have become an activity we enjoy doing together. I would highly recommend the site to people looking for a place to get an amazing spectrum of games.

9/26/12

I purchased a game that won't open. After trying all the suggestions on the Help page to no avail, I emailed my issue. I received a pat/scripted response sending me to the Help page (I mentioned in my email that I already tried everything). In addition, the suggestions were for Windows and I indicated in my email that I have a Mac. They also suggested calling or using live chat without providing a telephone number or where to find live chat, however, nowhere on the webpage can I find either. VERY poor customer service.

6/27/12

they are a rip off,
then when you have a problem, it wont get solved.

Beware.

7/1/11

Over the years I have bought 50-100 games off them and have only come across a few problems, namely downloading or missing DLLs (could be due to my virus protection doing overtime, who knows), though at the time I really didn't need more games. Other than that all my games have run smoothly.

EXPERT
9/18/10

Gamehouse is the gaming arm of RealNetworks, which is itself one of the oldest web multimedia icons and developer of RealAudio and RealVideo formats and the RealPlayer media player.

Four days ago, at the time of writing, Gamehouse acquired a "social gaming" company which has been behind many successful games at some place called Facebook, whatever that is. RealNetworks has been uncomfortable that it's not into social gaming that much yet, and ought to be, because that's where the future of online gaming lies. Perhaps.

Gamehouse itself is a long-established family venue featuring downloadable and online games, of a casual nature, and today especially those hidden object games which are so popular with the makers of spectacles and magnifying glasses.

RealNetworks has previously indicated that it has plans to spin off the gaming aspect of its business, so it may be that this acquisition is an attempt to convert Gamehouse into a more social, more Web 2.0 affair. After all, there has been very little development in sites like this for many years. Not that it's a bad thing, but there's a limit to how many hidden object games there can be in the world. Come to think of it, maybe not. But you know what I mean. Social gaming opens up vast new (and hopefully profitable) horizons with the potential of engaging thousands of players at once, while the current games are largely if not entirely one-player affairs.

Meanwhile,Gamehouse is a good place to go for casual gaming and as far as I know, a safe and reliable one. I can't comment on memberships or subscriptions or clubs or anything like that, but as a venue for casual amusement this is up there amongst the leaders still.

4/25/09

Beware of Gamehouse - This Website will automatically start deductions to your credit card for fun tickets and then refuse to let you redeem them. The tickets are supposed to be good for life, but when I tried to redeem two tickets they had charged to my credit card they would not honor them. I called and got the usual BS run-around and was even offered the phone number for their legal department, but I don't speak Begali. All I wanted to do was redeem the two tickets they charged to my credit card without my permission. I was told that was impossibile. What a website. BEWARE!

About Gamehouse