US Government's NSF

4 Reviews for Frick.org

▼ Sort by: recent

New Reviewer
6/14/13

I always wanted to visit Frick museum since I was teenager. I just love painted art because it is so natural. And finally, my dream came true. I definitely suggest visiting Frick museum because every painting is worth it. Wonderful exhibition and wonderful museum

New Reviewer
5/31/13

One of the best museums in New York can now be experienced online. My favorites are Hoppner, Raeburn and Rembrandt. These painters could capture the true essence of a person hundreds of years before photography existed.

EXPERT
1/22/11

The 16 galleries at the Frick Collection in New York have a fabulous selection of Western European art covering from the Renaissance to the end of the 19th Century. If you can't make it to New York to see the original paintings, sculptures and objects, then this website is the best alternative. The close zoom options help you get close up to the detail. Sometimes the images take a little time to load. Have fun!

EXPERT
6/30/07

my favorite museum in new york - The Frick Collection is a special place. Built by the great industrialist (he was somehow connected to Andrew Carnegie) --the collection is amazingly wide-ranging but personal. From wall panels from Boucher to beautiful portraits by Ingre, the galley has a certain magic which is lost in the vastness of the Met and the Guggenheim. If you have not already, I impel you to visit. You will not regret it.

The Best Art Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber