US Government's NSF

jennw

15 Reviews for FreeTaxUSA

▼ Sort by: recent

4/13/14

Ive used them for the last couple of years and have had no problems. Recieved my refunds direct deposit within 10 days that I filed. This year was only 7 days Ive even filed previous years and had to mail my paperwork in. Received those in less than 3 weeks and it says its usually 6 weeks!!

4/8/14

I used them for one return. They charged my card twice. I contacted them several times... via contact page. They dont have a contact phone number. Copy and pasted my card statement that showed I was charged twice. No definitive answer. Do not use them. Go Turbotax or H&R Block

4/4/14

Used yea last year without any issues. I completed everything including authorizing payment from my bank account for preparation of state tax. I was unable to complete final step, no PIN number. The site says just log out and complete later. What a sucker I am, my' user name. password or security answers' are being rejected. My taxes are sitting in LIMBO and my bank account is a little smaller. They send e-mail notices that I need to complete it, but they will not respond to my appeal for help. I will not use them again next year......

3/31/14

I have used FreeTaxUSA for federal taxes since 2008 and for federal and state taxes since 2009. Until the 2013 tax year, I absolutely LOVED it - so practical and easy for simple return! However, for 2013, I filed on 2/8/2014 and received their confirmation that the IRS had accepted my return. A confirmation number was provided. Later, I submitted a request to the IRS for a transcript of my 2013 taxes to use for my child's student financial aid, and after two requests, the IRS says it has never received my return.

I contacted FreeTaxUSA via their website and I received a timely response stating that I should not mail my tax return to the IRS because it would be rejected as duplicate, along with a comment as to how I can print a copy of my return. This was not helpful.

As I write this, I am on hold with the IRS Accounts department (1-800-892-1040). Hopefully, an IRS agent will help me resolve this mess.

Bottom line: FreeTaxUSA is great as long as you don't need support, so be aware.

3/17/14

I've used FreeTaxUSA for several years and have not had any problems. I used to file my state taxes separately to avoid paying for it but my state made their tax forms even more complicated. So, I gave up on that and pay the $10. My time is worth more than that.

In general, I've found it extremely easy to use! I also like that I can look at previous returns.

My only problems, which may actually be more of an inconsistent "division of taxation" problem, has to do with the W2 information not exactly matching the fill-in boxes.

3/10/14

LIARS!!!!!!! "Free" taxusa is of course, BS> They claim free federal Tax return a thousand times, and to there credit, It may be. But they then force you to file and pay for the state. There is no way to only turn in the federal forms, even though I have no need or desire to file state taxes. I hope this saves someone from getting trapped into a lie after spending an afternoon filling out the forms only to find out that without paying them, you have wasted your time. LIARS!!!!

3/5/14

I have no problem with the filing , however if you need to get back into your account nothing matches...username password sec questions.... I have contacted support a month ago & Im still waiting... would be better if there was a phone # for support or online chat help. I used this site for 2 years & probably wont use it again...

2/10/14

This is my first year filing. I absolutely loved it. I was apprehensive when the email support said 48 hours to respond, but they got back with me within 5-30 minutes each of the 5 times I contacted them. It was just as easy to navigate and go back and make changes as compared to H&R Block and TurboTax I paid extra for state filing, the Support option and the Audit because the costs were so cheap as compared to other sites. Will use it again. Make sure to get the coupon code online for a discount!!

2/3/14

We have used this site for approximately 8 years now. We found the site very user friendly, and the step by step instructions are easy to follow. Each year we file our federal and state taxes on this site, and we have never had a problem having our forms accepted or getting our refunds.

2/1/14

This is the 6th year I file thru Free Tax USA. No problems with them. Easy to use, and they provide a link to IRS instructions. I highly recommend this site

5/30/13

I e-filed my tax return on FreeTaxUSA. I filed before the deadline. i even paid their fee to have my state tax forms filed electronically. My Federal was rejected because I had "already used my ss# on my state return". Their web site indicated that my state form were accepted by the tax board, I also received an email stating that my state forms were accepted. As I had filed electronically with direct deposit I expected my refund within a month. 2 months passed still no refund. I contacted the state tax board to follow up. They informed me that they never received any tax forms from me, neither e-filed no other. Now I am going through the hassles of trying to get the money I paid to "free" tax usa. Of course I have yet to find a way to even contact them. Look look I'll need to call the BBB.

5/13/13

I filed my taxes 02/2013 and I have still not got a refund. First off while doing my taxes on this site the recommeded credit they were trying to force me to claim I wasn't even allowed to claim. So I got it send back saying I need to fix it. I fix it then it was sent back again!! This time the IRS says that they did the math wrong!!!.. WTF then when you try to call customer support for this site, all they have is email and says they cant get to you until 48 hours!!!.. I hope no one ever uses this site again.

2/8/13

I agree with Mallory Z. one hundred per cent ! Similarly, I have used FreeTaxUSA
for seven years and will confirm that it does perform perfectly. Given the common
sense way it is formatted, and the line by line tutorials and prompts, it is really
difficult to make a mistake. One example would be the W-2 entry where it displays
a blank W-2 form and all you do is enter the numbers from your W-2, starting with
box #1. If you cannot complete your taxes in one session, the info is saved and you
can return later to complete. H&R Block ? WHO ARE THEY ? ? ?

8/5/11

The creation of my return seemed to go very well. However, I outsmarted myself in the password department, and I accidentally threw the password away.

So fast forward to August. I'm trying to get prequalified to buy a home and I need my 2010 return. Forgotten password, no problem, use the forgotton password link. I opened the email they sent to me when I filed my return which has my username clearly listed. I enter my username as they provided it in the email. I entered my SSN. Bzzzzz. I get an error that they do not match. What?.? It IS my SSN and it IS the username they provided. I try several times and double check the username.

Customer service refuses to help. They continuously tell me I must have the username wrong. Will if I do, then its wrong because THEY told me the wrong one. After 4 exchanges of emails with them its clear that I'm baning my head against a brick wall. So I'll have to order a copy of my return from the IRS. That will take 7-10 weeks. So much for pre-qualification.

I guess you get what you pay for. Next time I'll use someone reputable like HRBlock or TurboTax.

3/15/11

I've used this site for my Federal taxes for the past 3 years and have been very happy with it. The accountant at my firm actually recommended this site to me. I highly recommend it! It saves your past tax information for you and it's quick and VERY easy to use!

About FreeTaxUSA