US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

darleneb14

I started filling in the information and then it asked for my credit card number. (in 34 reviews)

kyles60

Pros: I called customer service and they credited my account and expedited the rebate. (in 9 reviews)

kobeb2

If you decide not to continue your FreeShipping.com membership, simply log on to cancel during your review. (in 30 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maryl136
6/16/15

I have tried to connect to ic free shipping. but the phone I tried does not work. please reimburse my money to my account. I don,t want to take other measures. thank you (Ml).

myrnab1
6/13/15

Hi! This is Myrna B. I don't even know your company and did not even apply to become a member( as I've seen in your company profile) but I just saw that you'd charged me in my account in the amount of $12.97. How did you get my account number? If possible, please return this amount to my account before I report you as scammers. Thank you.

kyles60
6/10/15

Lets start with the cons on this service (bulk of it)
-Shipping rebates take FOREVER to process
-In order to qualify for the rebate you must click the link to the site of choice from THEIR website and complete the transaction, otherwise it doesn't show up in your purchase history.
-They MAIL you a check... yes you heard that right. MAIL, as in snail mail. I thought that stopped back in the 1900's??? They said it may to take up to 3 weeks after approval to receive the check in the mail... that is just ridiculous.
-Poor communication- absolutely no e-mail updates saying the rebate processed or that your bank account got charged for the monthly membership fee to remind you... it just kinda shows up so if you aren't paying attention then you are immediately screwed.
-Limited access of stores- there aren't many to choose from.

These are just the ones that I encountered, I am sure there are more...

Pros: I called customer service and they credited my account and expedited the rebate. Were very nice and willing to help. (I think even they realized it was kind of a scam)

Regardless, this is a poor business and not customer friendly, although I am sure somebody is getting rich off of it...

I do NOT recommend. STAY AWAY!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT! Just pay for the shipping. It is a waste of time and money.

cm83
6/3/15

Saw a recurring charge on my bank account, (never heard of this company and did NOT sign up for a monthly deduction for nothing in return). I called the number on the. bank transaction and they said this would be cancelled and my money refunded. I was told I would receive an email confirming this...... Still waiting

brittu
5/29/15

This site is way too expensive to use. Why pay to save money? YOURE NOT SAVING WITH THIS SITE IF YOURE SPENDING A FEE EVERY MONTH TO SAVE ON SHIPPING. Doesnt make sense. Its a way for them to get money. I cancelled my membership with them within the first month so I wasnt charged. I am now just waiting for my check to arrive in the mail (12.99) that was sent out on the 27th of May.. it is 2 days later and coming from CT to NH.. lets see how long it willl take!

jerryj21
5/28/15

it is not free ... you can't see how much it costs first ... so BEWARE !

laurap52
5/27/15

I ordered something online that had a really high shipping fee. I was asked if I wanted to try out FreeShipping.com in order to get the shipping fee refunded to me. Sure, why not? I was told the trial membership would only last for a certain amount of time (a month I believe) and if I did not cancel my trial account before then I would be charged. A month later I went to check up on the refund I had filed for and saw that it apparently takes 6-8 weeks to process! So that means that in order to get your refund you have to extend your trial period, and therefore get charged each month. So you're paying money each month to "save money" on each refund. I don't buy too much online so this really doesn't seem worth it to me at all.

kareng53
5/27/15

I received my offer to test the service, but I'm not loving it. The monthly fee is way too high and it takes too long to have the checks processed. I do a lot of online shopping and maybe i am a super shopper bc I always manage to receive shipping offers.

Giving it another wk or so to see if the fee out weighs the benefits.

katem46
5/25/15

I got a recurring charge in my bank. I DID NOT ORDER THIS SERVICE!!! I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS IS!!!!!

I got the 855- number attached to the bank withdrawal and called the FreeShipping company. They assured me that they would take this off my account and cancel my account - AN ACCOUNT I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR NOR KNEW ABOUT!!!! They gave me a cancellation number and I shall wait to see if this comes off my account and does NOT recur.

laurih1
5/23/15

How can I "ASK" a question? It says Facebook is NOT required so how do I post a question?

cassiem5
5/19/15

I never sign up for stupid stuff like this but my husband can't stand to pass up a deal so he asked me to fill out the information. After a long and tedious process, we waited about a month before we ever received our refund. It is too complicated to use every time you make a purchase because you have to figure out which sites participate, have copies of invoices, provide information, and wait a ridiculous amount of time. I just cancelled my membership today (after waiting forever because I keep forgetting about it because it is useless, so I hate to see how much money I've wasted). Please don't waste your time and money.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

jasminep5
5/16/15

I was directed to freeshipping.com from making a purchase on eyeslipsface.com with the offer to get a $10 rebate. On the page I was directed to there was no mention of a trial or membership but I realize now in fine print on the next page is where it mentions the 7 day free trial and the 12.97 member ship free, which is fine, totally my fault. The thing is, regardless of the membership free I never received my $10 rebate. So why would I want to be a member when I never got the original gift that was awarded to me!

jessiem40
5/14/15

Please for your sake... do NOT sign up for this service. It is completely a scam. It says that you have 7 days to cancel - I have tried to cancel online & through phone - They state they can't find my account (which I am giving them the Member ID# they sent me in an email) and that I'll have to call back another day - but don't worry i'm in a 7 day trial period. Even worse, it's a scam because the site isn't working. I can't even place in the rebate. Third when I was on the phone with the agent she placed me on mute instead of passing me to a supervisor and then, hung up on me after 15 minutes. I will be contact the Attorney General, BBB, MY CC Company, posting on Facebook and will hire a lawyer if that's what it takes.

carls44
5/13/15

how tl stop the monthly charges

kathyv7
5/13/15

I cancelled this service in 2014 and my charge card is still being charged to this day in May. I had to cancel my credit card to finally have them stop charging. It doesn't matter how many times you call them to get the problem fixed. I have complained the Attorney Generals Office here in Rochester, NY

judyk13
5/9/15

After reading about this site, I just wanted to say to all the disappointed "Members" that EBATES really IS for real, doesn't 'charge' ANY fee, and you DO get rebates in the mail a couple times a year! Ebates is Awesome.... Freeshipping.com, makes me nervous i started to sign up, but their fees scare me. OH, and if you DO decide to sign up for Ebates.com tell 'em ibjudy@me.com sent you!

rm60
5/7/15

While I was on Klohls.com's website purchasing a coffee pot only, "this steel your bank information, your mailing address company, "freeshiping.com" did this very thing to me without any knowledge of this happening until their charge of $12.97 showed up on my banking account some 4-5 days later. I have close that account, & was force to open a new account to be able to feel safe with my finances thanks this dirtbag company, CROOKS is all I know to call them. Kohls.com was suppose to contract me today regarding this matter, allowing me to better explain this scary situation. Kohls sent me an email 30 minutes after I canceled my Kohls account of many years last night, 5-6-2015. They refunded the Fedx shipping charges plus about an extra dollar & stated they hope this resolved the matter. Kohls did not call me today as I requested & I gave them all the information I had on the dritbag company. KOHLS CHARGE ACCOUNT HOLDERS BE WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenc56
4/25/15

I have had a membership with this company for a couple of years now and I can say this program has only gotten better since I joined. Basically, I pay a monthly fee of $12.95. This allows me to receive up to a $10 reimbursement for each completed transaction placed through Freeshipping.com as long as the vendor I shop with is a member of the program. This is true up to a maximum of $500 per year. Additionally, every quarter, I receive 10% cash back via a check. It also comes with a reimbursement on return shipments and Price Protection. I hope this helps because I am so glad that I joined!

samv13
4/23/15

Simply don't care that they are screwing you over. I called like 3-4 times and talked to them about how I could start earning cash-back and freeshipping rebates and they told by the end of the month. So I waited and at the beginning of the new month I went crazy and bought like a gazillion stuff from different merchants, couple of days later I see that they are all declined . I call them and they say they simply made a mistake it was not this month, it will be next month. OHH WHATTT? and there in nothing in the world that they can do about it?!! and let me tell you this was their supervisor... I just closed my account with them and will start looking for a company that cares...because sometimes its not about money but about honesty and the way they handle situations like this...

Tip for consumers: READ THE FINEPRINT

ryanb66
4/21/15

I think most people are complaining because they forgot to cancel before the trial ends. I did the free trial and here's what I got: $9.97 refund check for my first shipping purchase. A $10 Walmart giftcard as promised (for joining). And another small rebate check for $1.47. The only downside is it took nearly two months to see everything in the mail. It is a legitimate sight, you just have to justify if you spend this much on shipping to offset the monthly fee. Hope this helps!

patriciab56
4/16/15

I ordered a swing set from Walmart in December 2014 for my granddaughters and just noticed (because I hardly ever use this account) that my card has been charged $12.97 every month starting in December 2014. I would like my money back please. I am not aware of this company and have not used services with you. I called the phone number and was told maybe I could have $12 back. Come on. What a rip off. Do the right thing here. You have taken $64.85 from me between Dec 2014 and April 2015.

rn9
4/15/15

They billed me twice after I contacted them to refund the money. I have never ordered anything online in the prior 2 months since they started deducting money from my account. I do not know how they got hold of my credit card account. I have been fighting with them for 3 months and they refuse to refund the full amount they owe me. This is a big scam.
- RN

jennaf4
4/14/15

I went through the tedious process to get 15$ off shipping at Shari's Berries. First of all they make canceling confusing. Second, they take 3 MONTHS to send you the check so if you don't cancel before you receive your check you're screwed. (Cancel right away, you will forget.) THEN when I finally got my check they only sent me 10$. I emailed them and the guy said oh you must not have clicked the special box. We'll send you the extra 5$ though. Wtf? This company is so sketchy. I wonder how much money they have screwed people out of because by the time they send you the check a lot of people probably don't remember how much it was supposed to be for. Use this company to get free shipping free when you can, but be very very careful.

johnd355
3/27/15

If you buy a lot online and feel lucky, you may want to try them, otherwise stay away!!!!!!

caroh1
3/23/15

They have billed me for months and I have never used or registered for services and they refuse to stop billing me.
What a total scam

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

shirleys47
3/17/15

I wrote one of the most cutting reviews of freeshipping.com on this website, but promised to come back and correct it if I received a check and my credit card was not charged. I cancelled 5 days after joining, and my Discover card was NOT charged!! (I checked.) But the great thing is, today in my mailbox was a check from freeshipping.com for $30.00 - the original $20.00 to sign up (for buying a $17 hair dryer at Walmart) and a $10.00 shipping rebate from Amazon.com. (Now I wish I'd submitted the eBay shipping, too! :-))

I have to say, THEY ARE HONEST. My explanation of how they *could* scam us (because of the delay between canceling the membership and getting a check) was not the way they actually *do* it. My rebates were obviously processed and checks mailed after I had cancelled the membership and they had not charged me anything.

For anyone who averages more than $12.95 on online shipping normally (when you do not belong to a free-shipping club), this is a good deal and you will save. For anyone at all, you can get a trial membership, really get the $20 for signing up, and get your shipping back for a week - eventually You just have to remember to cancel your membership before the week is over to avoid being charged. You will not get your checks quickly, but you will get them.

I don't know how they manage to do it, but the fact is that they do. I have a $30 check in my purse to prove it.

Blessings!

Shirley

Tip for consumers: If you take a 7-day trial membership and don't want to pay, do not forget to cancel before the week is over! Keep the membership more than a week only if you already average more than $12.95 a month on online shipping. Be patient for your checks to arrive.

roxa91
3/14/15

Freeshipping.com is total BS, I'm tellin you.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site. Might as well pay shipping fees.

paulj64
3/7/15

I want to cancel my account # 24080764. thank you.

jenniferj47
2/25/15

I did not see anywhere on their website that they charge a monthly fee. I was surprised to see almost $13 charged to my account for something I used once to save $5 or $6 bucks on shipping. I never would have enrolled. I thought providing my card information was to receive rebates on shipping.

akilahm
2/23/15

So I was mentioned this website in my e.l.f confirmation email for my order. I knew this website was too good to be true so I read almost everything on the site even the terms and conditions and did not see any indication of a charge for this website. Well long story short I realized there was $12 (with change) missing from my bank account, I got notified it was this website and I called them up and they gave me my money back.

Piece of advice to freeshipping.com: There's no point adding a "clearly unwritten catch" if you're going to refund the money anyway. You're probably not even making any money. Just end this silly business of yours.

Tip for consumers: Just pay the shipping fee.

digesd
2/22/15

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, it is a scam! They will be charging you for $12/mo and you will have to wait more to get your rewards. Like in my case I have to wait 2 months and pay them $25 to get my $10

jamesg117
2/18/15

As I was sending flowers to mom and grandmother for Valentine's Day, I was offered free shipping by signing up for a freeshipping membership - and giving my credit card information. It was explained I would get my rebates after I signed up. I sent the orders in 2 weeks ago, and was billed for shipping, and still have not received a rebate. I wrote three unanswered e-mails to three different "freeshipping.com" addresses over the last week asking how and when I would get my rebates. I have heard nothing. My free membership becomes a paid membership on March 1. I will be cancelling my membership, and I hope I won't be scammed out of any more money.

kyles58
2/15/15

Worst service ever. Signed me up for "free" shipping for one package that I needed, but little did I know that I was not just eligible for free shipping for this one package, I had to now pay a monthly rate for absolutely nothing! What a deal!

Never sign up for this company. Never associate with them or do business with them. Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Save yourself before it's too late!

maeganm
2/14/15

OMG Biggest joke of a company ever! Probably the rudest costumer service I've ever dealt with. I've never received so much attitude from someone. Also what a scam!! Never ready anything about a monthly membership fee and why is it taking so long to get the rebate back. Will never use this site again and will never recommend it to anyone. Not only will I not recommend it, ill defer people away from it!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!

rutha15
2/6/15

Scammers what a horrible joke. Total rip off. They are nasty people to deal with BAD attitudes!
I have sent Alice a private message about the customer service reps. They really need to make some kind of contact with their customers as I never heard boo from them until I notice the charge, not one welcome, thank you, promotions zero email. There is something wrong when a service such as this doesn't't say Boo but want $$....with no services render!

Tip for consumers: Don't get caught up with this horrible company.

wendells12
2/6/15

The monthly membership fee of $ 12.97 only is beneficial if your monthly purchases are greater than $ 129.70 since they base the discount on your total net purchases. In many cases the discount or "free shipping" directly from a retailer (which this site does not allow special retailer coupons) saves you a lot more than using this site. It's hardly "free shipping"which the retailers themselves lure you to go to this site.

Tip for consumers: For most consumers compute your actual savings against the membership fee to see if you are really saving any money at all.

toms141
2/4/15

I bought a Christmas gift from Wal Mart on line in Dec 2014. This outfit said I signed up for their service at the same time. That is a lie. This is a scam and rip off operation.

bobw63
2/2/15

We were getting charged $12.97 per month unknowingly until we closely checked our credit card statement. This charge was listed as "IC *FREESHIPPING.COM 855-266-7047 CT" We called our credit card company, Bank of America and they contacted the merchant. Come to find out, we had ordered Christmas cards from Current located in Colorado Springs CO 80941. Somehow during that transaction, "FREESHIPPING" was signed up as a monthly subscription. We ended up paying for two months and finally got it canceled. CAVEAT EMPTOR. (Let the buyer beware)

donnas58
2/1/15

I want to cancel my subscription. I did not
know I would be Charged monthly.

jml2
1/27/15

New Years day, freeshipping.com obtained enough information to cram their fee on my credit card. In NO WAY did I knowingly authorize this charge. Freeshipping.com represents an industry one step away from identity theft.

johnd328
1/20/15

I do not what gives this company the rite to go into my account and charge me $12.95 without my approval, I do not know who they are, People should be aware of FREESHIPPING.COM is stealing money from people I had contacted my bank and put stop on the charge and made a claim.
People need to be aware that FREESHIPPING.COM will go in your account and take money with out your approval how they got my info I do not know.
You should be ashamed of yourself FREESHIPPING.COM that you have to stoop that low and steal money, What are you people petty thief's Dope Fien Mentality/Move you that hard up for money? I will be contacting the Better Business Bureaus and making a complaint.(THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S THIEF'S)

disgusteda
1/10/15

Scam. Why would you need to pay for a service that you can get free online? Have you heard of ebates? It is legit and FREE. Alice please go get a legitimate line of work. Stop being swindlers who prey upon the innocent people. The company I made a purchase from will be hearing from me as well.

Tip for consumers: DONT DO IT.

bevf1
1/8/15

I want to cancel my 'subscription'. Didn't know they would start charging me monthly for something I won't use. My bad. But I want to cancel.

kentm15
1/6/15

Made a Sears Parts purchase and got the $10 Sears Card offer to sign up for FreeShipping.com. No membership fees were mentioned, even in the FAQ. There was one FAQ that mentioned what your billing statement would look like from the fee charged, but that was it. Glad I found this site because for $12.97 a month it's bogus, IMO.

suzannep10
12/29/14

A red flag went up when the information to sign up wanted my credit/debit card information without any mention of charges! Bad business practices. Needless to say I looked up reviews for this company before going any further. Will never give out my credit/debit card information without full disclosure first.

bbb6
12/23/14

SCAM!! They are a bunch of crooks that just hope to take your money and not have to refund you for any of your shipping charges. They cancelled my account because I had had another account about a year ago that I cancelled during the trial period. I also had an account open for about 7 months in 2013 when I paid monthly membership fees, and as allowed by freeshipping.com policy I did file for rebates. I recently was offered another membership so I signed up again because for me the membership fee was worth getting a rebate on shipping costs. Just yesterday they cancelled my account, so when I called they said I was "misusing" their services; Well, I suppose if they are not making money off of me, that would not make them happy and it would be to their advantage to cancel my account. Just remember that the premise of such businesses is that they will make money off of those who shop only infrequently; If you shop a lot and file for rebates, then your account will get cancelled eventually because they are losing money on you.

jodiv3
12/21/14

I don't think the problems you are all having has to do directly with FreeShipping, as much as it is the company that is referring you to them... I think the companies on contract with FS do a miserable job of selling FS, simply because they lead you to believe you will not be paying a dime for this service... If you found FreeShip on your own, I do not think most of you would be having these problems. I joined, and then cancelled simply because I do not need to think about getting my full value for my membership by spending more than I usually do... I need to think about how NOT to spend anymore! lol I have to start spending less this coming year, otherwise I would not have cancelled my membership. But, if you do alot of online purchasing, I do think this would be worth your while. I wish I had had this this whole past year!!! When I was overspending, I certainly wish I was signed up with this service! I also wish that eBay and Zulily were on their list, then I would DEFINITELY have kept my membership! Still, I think with a potential $2,500 in rebates (shipping incl), this is money well spent!!! Please give this a thorough look, as I was able to pay $12.97/mo, while getting free shipping and rebates... and, now, you can process everything online, as well as cancelling this membership! For me, this was a pleasant experience... as long as you know upfront what will be charged to you ~

Tip for consumers: Know in advance what you will be charged, and use their online service to process all of your rebates, etc.... Also, get to your store of choice through the link on this site! And, have fun!!!

curtism26
12/15/14

I was offered a free 30 day trial in August 2014. I used my membership for shipping rebates. I cancelled the trial membership and was not charged. A month later I was offered another trial membership after a Sears.com purchase. I accepted. Before submitting claims or making purchases, I emailed and phoned shipping.com to find out whether I was eligible for another 30 day trial membership. The person on the phone said that if I was offered the membership, I was entitled. It would be considered a new membership with 12 shipping rebate claims allowed per website regardless whether I made shipping claims under the previous membership. The shipping.com email also indicated that I was eligible for claims. I emailed a couple days ago to find out why I had not been paid my claims yet. They said I was not eligible. In no way in their correspondence have they been clear why. Nothing on the website or in the free trial offer indicates a person cannot cancel and sign up for a new membership. The only restrictions are per membership year. Their correspondence regarding the issue has been borderline nasty.

Tip for consumers: don't

toyaw
12/12/14

TOTAL SCAM!!! YOU SUBMIT ALL DOCUMENTS, THEY SERCRETLY CHARGE YOU MONTHLY AND NEVER RECEIVE A REBATE

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE TOTAL SCAM!!!!

scammerf
12/9/14

Hi. I was looking for a job earlier today when I stumbled across this listing in craiglist http://manila.craigslist.com.ph/csr/4792568276.html (I am in the Philippines looking for a home-based job)

I sent my resume and I immediately received a reply from a certain Paul Wexler asking for my skype details so we can discuss the job. Basically, I am a stay at home sales agent and my role is to have customers sign up for these 'gift cards' and other 'deals' by utilizing the scripts he sent to my email. I received the scripts and went through it and it all just sounds like a scam. It's basically a sales pitch and rebuttals and terms & conditions for different products like Energy Savings Solutions, Great Fun, Shoppers Advantage and Safe Data Trust & Stealth. I also saw FreeShipping somewhere in there. It is in PDF format but it has got to be the most notorious looking file I have received from a 'business company'. It's just a bunch of photocopied documents and it's obvious that these photocopies have been photocopied again and again because some pages are unreadable. Now, the part where my inner 'scam alarm' sounded was the part where I have to get a customer's credit card number, CVV and expiry date. I have worked for Bell Canada, AT&T and HP and I am not new to processing credit cards. Those 3 companies take care of your information! This one, I highly doubt it! These people are hiring people on the other side of the world and they expect them to collect credit card information! Stay away from Energy Savings Solutions, Great Fun, Shoppers Advantage and Safe Data Trust & Stealth and any other affiliated companies with them. I won't go into more details. I am going to provide a link of the PDF file this certain Paul Wexler from Texas sent me and you be the judge! http://www.filehosting.org/file/details/466249/scan0234.pdf

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: did anyone get your money back from this scam?
2/22/11
Answer
narendrac
A: Below is the reply I got from free shipping, looks like its not fraud at all.

As requested, we have processed the cancellation of your FreeShipping.com membership as of 12/6/2014. There will be no future charges to your account, but you still have access to your benefits until the end of your bill term.

Thanks for giving FreeShipping.com a try, and please let us know if we can be of service in the future. If you have any questions, please call us toll-free at 1-855-226-7047
12/8/14
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi, If I did not purchase anything where I paid shipping then why I was charged 13.97 $.
How can I get my money, I do not wish to continue my membership. I do not want to form opinion without getting proper resolution to my problem.

Please help me
12/5/14
Answer
jodiv3
A: I don't consider freeshipping.com a scam at all ~ I was able to cancel before I was even charged the first time, as I am trying NOT to buy as many things, which would not make this service worth my while.. I did get my WalMart $10 gift card, and I just noticed that it is being advertised on eBay, which may make me change my mind and sign up for keeps! I purchase quite a bit on eBay, which might make me decide to sign up again on freeshipping, and keep my membership.. All in all, a very pleasant experience for me!
3/17/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
FreeShipping?