US Government's NSF

100 Roscommon Dr, Suite 302
Middletown, Connecticut 06457, USA
Tel: 1-800-515-9185
mprocaccini@freeshipping.com

People interested in FreeShipping are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

darleneb14

I started filling in the information and then it asked for my credit card number. (in 39 reviews)

kyles60

Pros: I called customer service and they credited my account and expedited the rebate. (in 11 reviews)

brittu

I cancelled my membership with them within the first month so I wasnt charged. (in 34 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amandam85
8/29/15

I almost signed up for the $10.00 rebate until my credit card information was requested, I then immediately went to research the site (which I normally do for anyone requesting credit card/bank information). In reading some of these reviews which is mostly negative (from what I have seen/read) this seems like an awful waste of time and aggravation just to get a rebate for a few bucks. I am not saying that this is a scam but definitely Not Worth It!!
--Amanda

beckae
8/26/15

I almost signed up until I saw there was a "membership" charge. And after reading these reviews, I will not be signing up.
PS customer service from free shipping please spare me and stop saying the same apology/excuse to everyone. A company should not have this much "confusion"

valeriee4
8/26/15

From the reviews I see here it sounds like a lot of people didn't realize what they were signing up for - the company needs to do a better job of ensuring people actually intend to purchase the product and know how to use what they have. I've had a membership for a LONG time (like maybe 10 years if I remember correctly) and I've received more in rebates than I paid in membership fees every year. (I pay annually, about $100, and usually get at least $300 back.) It works for me because I do a lot of shopping online, regularly shop at several stores that participate, am in the habit of clicking through the freeshipping.com site to shop, and have time to fool with the claims process.

jc155
8/18/15

I really had to fight to get my $15 rebate for the item I ordered from Walter Drake. The claim was categorically denied (although I only learned this when I called to see where the rebate was), and the woman with whom I spoke was trying to "explain" to me why it had been denied: she said that I had neglected to put a specific reference number on the claim (I'd filled out COMPLETELY the form that freeshipping.com generates online, and I'd received a confirmation that the claim had been successfully submitted). The funny thing was that I had never even been GIVEN this "reference number" until I'd called time to ask about the status of my claim! They are truly a bunch of thieves. In fact, I later called the Walter Drake and explained to them that this company is ripping off Walter Drake customers. The short review? STAY AWAY FROM THESE SCAMMERS! If you've already "signed up" for their services, report them to your state's Attorney General. UPDATE: The response from freeshipping is nothing more than smoke and mirrors The ONLY reason I got my $15 was that I had every intention of reporting them to New York State's Attorney General. I am an intelligent person, and there was NO "misunderstanding." All of the complaints you're reading about freeshipping aren't simply fabricated by people who have nothing better to do with their time!

earlenet1
8/10/15

This free shipping.com charge is on my mother's credit card and she only answered a phone call. Watch your personals.

rodneyb29
8/7/15

These guys are scams and crooks. I ordered a Television online from Walmart. I did this to hold the item in store. They must have been a pop up with misleading information. I don't know why I gave them my info, I must have thought it was to hold the TV. I never noticed I was getting charged $12.95 a month for over seven months. The charge is small so I over looked or thought it was another family member using the service. Never received any info electronically or by mail. I called rep today, said that I had not asked to cancel but would stop charging me. I may have to cancel card to prevent further charges.

melodym7
8/6/15

I joined freeshipping did what I was suppose to do and when it came time to reimburse me never received a dime ye every month they charged my credit card for payment

rubbys
8/4/15

it's a good way to lose you money. I bought online and the burlington Web page redirect me to FREESHIPPING.COM they said I will be rewarded to sign in. they didn't mention anything about a trial or membership. but I have a charge of 12 something and I didn't receive $10 reward back

tinar32
7/23/15

Wished I would have saw where this POS company was taking money out of my account since May. Just because I bought something from Parts Geek.com . I paid the shipping then. Don't know how this company got my debit card number. But I will never buy another thing from Parts Geek if they can't protect their customers better than that. Me and my son live on my disability check and we can not afford someone to do this. My bank sent a letter today saying they couldn't get back my money. I will be closing my accounts with them tomorrow. I already canceled my debit card and gotten a new one.

artf12
7/23/15

I became a member of this website because of the supposed 10% cashback.
It was all piling up nicely, until it came time to pay out.

They demanded that I show them transaction receipts, actually, here is the email...

"It has come to our attention while reviewing your purchasing history, that you may be using your freeshippingdotcom membership for business purposes.

freeshippingdotcom is intended for personal, noncommercial use, and to ensure that you are in compliance with these terms, we request that you provide the order confirmation for the purchases you placed during this quarter. Only purchases made for personal are eligible for any type of rebate or Cash Back promotion at Freeshipping.com

Additionally, if the backup documentation for the orders shows multiples of the same items, or are being shipped to multiple locations, a brief explanation will be required so we may determine if these purchases are eligible for the Cash Back program.

Until this matter is resolved your account has been locked from further use.

Thanks and have a great day!

Mike
FreeShipping.com
Customer Service Supervisor

They even stated they will need to contact my customers! What?

I use multiple other cashback sites with no problem at all, as a matter of fact, the more times I use their affiliate link and they are compensated, they are very happy about it.

freeshipping does receive compensation and this is their way of keeping the entire compensation received from the retailers and not paying you!

They even charged me for another month of membership on the same day that they "locked" my account from further use.

They did refund that, how nice of them after they made hundreds of dollars off of me!

Complete bull$#*! mike procaccini!

randyj14
7/22/15

Overall, I have found if you take the time to learn how to use it, you can save a lot of money. Best ongoing cash back out there, and rebates on your shipping charges if the store doesnt already have it and returns are free for everything you buy with fed ex.

francesb31
7/20/15

I can't imagine how I signed up for this service....representative says it was when I made a purchase on Walmart...this is odd as this was an item to which I was entitled to free shipping from Walmart. I only received a small credit when I cancelled this "subscription".
fbernaycohen@gmail.com

alexism32
7/19/15

I checked my card balance and saw that my card had been charged 12.97 from *iC FREESHIPPING.COM. I have no idea how they got my credit card info but I had to cancel my card and get a new one! I think this is a scam!

margaretp23
7/17/15

Today as I checked the internet for the most recent charges on my credit card account, I was surprised to see a charge from freeshipping.com. Don't remember ordering anything from them. So, I checked it out and found that un-beknown to me "Wind and Weather" had a free shipping offer button to click on when I ordered a lawn spinner. Little did I know when I "clicked" what irritating trouble it would bring. To make a long story short, I demanded freeshipping.com remove the fraudulent charge of $12 from my charge card account. I also communicated with "Wind and Weather", telling them to get freeshipping offers OFF their website because it was fraudulent and deceitful! I will not shop on any website/catalog that has freeshipping.com buttons!

Tip for consumers: NEVER click "freeshipping.com"

everettw6
7/10/15

I have never used free shiping nor have never called this site nor have I ever allowed this site to use my bank for monies to be with drawn from my account, looks like a case of fraud, my bank will be in contact.

maryl136
6/16/15

I have tried to connect to ic free shipping. but the phone I tried does not work. please reimburse my money to my account. I don,t want to take other measures. thank you (Ml).

myrnab1
6/13/15

Hi! This is Myrna B. I don't even know your company and did not even apply to become a member( as I've seen in your company profile) but I just saw that you'd charged me in my account in the amount of $12.97. How did you get my account number? If possible, please return this amount to my account before I report you as scammers. Thank you.

kyles60
6/10/15

Lets start with the cons on this service (bulk of it)
-Shipping rebates take FOREVER to process
-In order to qualify for the rebate you must click the link to the site of choice from THEIR website and complete the transaction, otherwise it doesn't show up in your purchase history.
-They MAIL you a check... yes you heard that right. MAIL, as in snail mail. I thought that stopped back in the 1900's??? They said it may to take up to 3 weeks after approval to receive the check in the mail... that is just ridiculous.
-Poor communication- absolutely no e-mail updates saying the rebate processed or that your bank account got charged for the monthly membership fee to remind you... it just kinda shows up so if you aren't paying attention then you are immediately screwed.
-Limited access of stores- there aren't many to choose from.

These are just the ones that I encountered, I am sure there are more...

Pros: I called customer service and they credited my account and expedited the rebate. Were very nice and willing to help. (I think even they realized it was kind of a scam)

Regardless, this is a poor business and not customer friendly, although I am sure somebody is getting rich off of it...

I do NOT recommend. STAY AWAY!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT! Just pay for the shipping. It is a waste of time and money.

cm83
6/3/15

Saw a recurring charge on my bank account, (never heard of this company and did NOT sign up for a monthly deduction for nothing in return). I called the number on the. bank transaction and they said this would be cancelled and my money refunded. I was told I would receive an email confirming this...... Still waiting

brittu
5/29/15

This site is way too expensive to use. Why pay to save money? YOURE NOT SAVING WITH THIS SITE IF YOURE SPENDING A FEE EVERY MONTH TO SAVE ON SHIPPING. Doesnt make sense. Its a way for them to get money. I cancelled my membership with them within the first month so I wasnt charged. I am now just waiting for my check to arrive in the mail (12.99) that was sent out on the 27th of May.. it is 2 days later and coming from CT to NH.. lets see how long it willl take!

jerryj21
5/28/15

it is not free ... you can't see how much it costs first ... so BEWARE !

laurap52
5/27/15

I ordered something online that had a really high shipping fee. I was asked if I wanted to try out FreeShipping.com in order to get the shipping fee refunded to me. Sure, why not? I was told the trial membership would only last for a certain amount of time (a month I believe) and if I did not cancel my trial account before then I would be charged. A month later I went to check up on the refund I had filed for and saw that it apparently takes 6-8 weeks to process! So that means that in order to get your refund you have to extend your trial period, and therefore get charged each month. So you're paying money each month to "save money" on each refund. I don't buy too much online so this really doesn't seem worth it to me at all.

kareng53
5/27/15

I received my offer to test the service, but I'm not loving it. The monthly fee is way too high and it takes too long to have the checks processed. I do a lot of online shopping and maybe i am a super shopper bc I always manage to receive shipping offers.

Giving it another wk or so to see if the fee out weighs the benefits.

katem46
5/25/15

I got a recurring charge in my bank. I DID NOT ORDER THIS SERVICE!!! I DO NOT KNOW WHO THIS IS!!!!!

I got the 855- number attached to the bank withdrawal and called the FreeShipping company. They assured me that they would take this off my account and cancel my account - AN ACCOUNT I NEVER SIGNED UP FOR NOR KNEW ABOUT!!!! They gave me a cancellation number and I shall wait to see if this comes off my account and does NOT recur.

laurih1
5/23/15

How can I "ASK" a question? It says Facebook is NOT required so how do I post a question?

cassiem5
5/19/15

I never sign up for stupid stuff like this but my husband can't stand to pass up a deal so he asked me to fill out the information. After a long and tedious process, we waited about a month before we ever received our refund. It is too complicated to use every time you make a purchase because you have to figure out which sites participate, have copies of invoices, provide information, and wait a ridiculous amount of time. I just cancelled my membership today (after waiting forever because I keep forgetting about it because it is useless, so I hate to see how much money I've wasted). Please don't waste your time and money.

Tip for consumers: Don't use this site.

jasminep5
5/16/15

I was directed to freeshipping.com from making a purchase on eyeslipsface.com with the offer to get a $10 rebate. On the page I was directed to there was no mention of a trial or membership but I realize now in fine print on the next page is where it mentions the 7 day free trial and the 12.97 member ship free, which is fine, totally my fault. The thing is, regardless of the membership free I never received my $10 rebate. So why would I want to be a member when I never got the original gift that was awarded to me!

jessiem40
5/14/15

Please for your sake... do NOT sign up for this service. It is completely a scam. It says that you have 7 days to cancel - I have tried to cancel online & through phone - They state they can't find my account (which I am giving them the Member ID# they sent me in an email) and that I'll have to call back another day - but don't worry i'm in a 7 day trial period. Even worse, it's a scam because the site isn't working. I can't even place in the rebate. Third when I was on the phone with the agent she placed me on mute instead of passing me to a supervisor and then, hung up on me after 15 minutes. I will be contact the Attorney General, BBB, MY CC Company, posting on Facebook and will hire a lawyer if that's what it takes.

carls44
5/13/15

how tl stop the monthly charges

kathyv7
5/13/15

I cancelled this service in 2014 and my charge card is still being charged to this day in May. I had to cancel my credit card to finally have them stop charging. It doesn't matter how many times you call them to get the problem fixed. I have complained the Attorney Generals Office here in Rochester, NY

judyk13
5/9/15

After reading about this site, I just wanted to say to all the disappointed "Members" that EBATES really IS for real, doesn't 'charge' ANY fee, and you DO get rebates in the mail a couple times a year! Ebates is Awesome.... Freeshipping.com, makes me nervous i started to sign up, but their fees scare me. OH, and if you DO decide to sign up for Ebates.com tell 'em ibjudy@me.com sent you!

rm60
5/7/15

While I was on Klohls.com's website purchasing a coffee pot only, "this steel your bank information, your mailing address company, "freeshiping.com" did this very thing to me without any knowledge of this happening until their charge of $12.97 showed up on my banking account some 4-5 days later. I have close that account, & was force to open a new account to be able to feel safe with my finances thanks this dirtbag company, CROOKS is all I know to call them. Kohls.com was suppose to contract me today regarding this matter, allowing me to better explain this scary situation. Kohls sent me an email 30 minutes after I canceled my Kohls account of many years last night, 5-6-2015. They refunded the Fedx shipping charges plus about an extra dollar & stated they hope this resolved the matter. Kohls did not call me today as I requested & I gave them all the information I had on the dritbag company. KOHLS CHARGE ACCOUNT HOLDERS BE WARE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

karenc56
4/25/15

I have had a membership with this company for a couple of years now and I can say this program has only gotten better since I joined. Basically, I pay a monthly fee of $12.95. This allows me to receive up to a $10 reimbursement for each completed transaction placed through Freeshipping.com as long as the vendor I shop with is a member of the program. This is true up to a maximum of $500 per year. Additionally, every quarter, I receive 10% cash back via a check. It also comes with a reimbursement on return shipments and Price Protection. I hope this helps because I am so glad that I joined!

samv13
4/23/15

Simply don't care that they are screwing you over. I called like 3-4 times and talked to them about how I could start earning cash-back and freeshipping rebates and they told by the end of the month. So I waited and at the beginning of the new month I went crazy and bought like a gazillion stuff from different merchants, couple of days later I see that they are all declined . I call them and they say they simply made a mistake it was not this month, it will be next month. OHH WHATTT? and there in nothing in the world that they can do about it?!! and let me tell you this was their supervisor... I just closed my account with them and will start looking for a company that cares...because sometimes its not about money but about honesty and the way they handle situations like this...

Tip for consumers: READ THE FINEPRINT

ryanb66
4/21/15

I think most people are complaining because they forgot to cancel before the trial ends. I did the free trial and here's what I got: $9.97 refund check for my first shipping purchase. A $10 Walmart giftcard as promised (for joining). And another small rebate check for $1.47. The only downside is it took nearly two months to see everything in the mail. It is a legitimate sight, you just have to justify if you spend this much on shipping to offset the monthly fee. Hope this helps!

patriciab56
4/16/15

I ordered a swing set from Walmart in December 2014 for my granddaughters and just noticed (because I hardly ever use this account) that my card has been charged $12.97 every month starting in December 2014. I would like my money back please. I am not aware of this company and have not used services with you. I called the phone number and was told maybe I could have $12 back. Come on. What a rip off. Do the right thing here. You have taken $64.85 from me between Dec 2014 and April 2015.

rn9
4/15/15

They billed me twice after I contacted them to refund the money. I have never ordered anything online in the prior 2 months since they started deducting money from my account. I do not know how they got hold of my credit card account. I have been fighting with them for 3 months and they refuse to refund the full amount they owe me. This is a big scam.
- RN

jennaf4
4/14/15

I went through the tedious process to get 15$ off shipping at Shari's Berries. First of all they make canceling confusing. Second, they take 3 MONTHS to send you the check so if you don't cancel before you receive your check you're screwed. (Cancel right away, you will forget.) THEN when I finally got my check they only sent me 10$. I emailed them and the guy said oh you must not have clicked the special box. We'll send you the extra 5$ though. Wtf? This company is so sketchy. I wonder how much money they have screwed people out of because by the time they send you the check a lot of people probably don't remember how much it was supposed to be for. Use this company to get free shipping free when you can, but be very very careful.

johnd355
3/27/15

If you buy a lot online and feel lucky, you may want to try them, otherwise stay away!!!!!!

caroh1
3/23/15

They have billed me for months and I have never used or registered for services and they refuse to stop billing me.
What a total scam

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

shirleys47
3/17/15

I wrote one of the most cutting reviews of freeshipping.com on this website, but promised to come back and correct it if I received a check and my credit card was not charged. I cancelled 5 days after joining, and my Discover card was NOT charged!! (I checked.) But the great thing is, today in my mailbox was a check from freeshipping.com for $30.00 - the original $20.00 to sign up (for buying a $17 hair dryer at Walmart) and a $10.00 shipping rebate from Amazon.com. (Now I wish I'd submitted the eBay shipping, too! :-))

I have to say, THEY ARE HONEST. My explanation of how they *could* scam us (because of the delay between canceling the membership and getting a check) was not the way they actually *do* it. My rebates were obviously processed and checks mailed after I had cancelled the membership and they had not charged me anything.

For anyone who averages more than $12.95 on online shipping normally (when you do not belong to a free-shipping club), this is a good deal and you will save. For anyone at all, you can get a trial membership, really get the $20 for signing up, and get your shipping back for a week - eventually You just have to remember to cancel your membership before the week is over to avoid being charged. You will not get your checks quickly, but you will get them.

I don't know how they manage to do it, but the fact is that they do. I have a $30 check in my purse to prove it.

Blessings!

Shirley

Tip for consumers: If you take a 7-day trial membership and don't want to pay, do not forget to cancel before the week is over! Keep the membership more than a week only if you already average more than $12.95 a month on online shipping. Be patient for your checks to arrive.

roxa91
3/14/15

Freeshipping.com is total BS, I'm tellin you.

Tip for consumers: Never use this site. Might as well pay shipping fees.

paulj64
3/7/15

I want to cancel my account # 24080764. thank you.

jenniferj47
2/25/15

I did not see anywhere on their website that they charge a monthly fee. I was surprised to see almost $13 charged to my account for something I used once to save $5 or $6 bucks on shipping. I never would have enrolled. I thought providing my card information was to receive rebates on shipping.

akilahm
2/23/15

So I was mentioned this website in my e.l.f confirmation email for my order. I knew this website was too good to be true so I read almost everything on the site even the terms and conditions and did not see any indication of a charge for this website. Well long story short I realized there was $12 (with change) missing from my bank account, I got notified it was this website and I called them up and they gave me my money back.

Piece of advice to freeshipping.com: There's no point adding a "clearly unwritten catch" if you're going to refund the money anyway. You're probably not even making any money. Just end this silly business of yours.

Tip for consumers: Just pay the shipping fee.

digesd
2/22/15

Tip for consumers: Don't use it, it is a scam! They will be charging you for $12/mo and you will have to wait more to get your rewards. Like in my case I have to wait 2 months and pay them $25 to get my $10

jamesg117
2/18/15

As I was sending flowers to mom and grandmother for Valentine's Day, I was offered free shipping by signing up for a freeshipping membership - and giving my credit card information. It was explained I would get my rebates after I signed up. I sent the orders in 2 weeks ago, and was billed for shipping, and still have not received a rebate. I wrote three unanswered e-mails to three different "freeshipping.com" addresses over the last week asking how and when I would get my rebates. I have heard nothing. My free membership becomes a paid membership on March 1. I will be cancelling my membership, and I hope I won't be scammed out of any more money.

kyles58
2/15/15

Worst service ever. Signed me up for "free" shipping for one package that I needed, but little did I know that I was not just eligible for free shipping for this one package, I had to now pay a monthly rate for absolutely nothing! What a deal!

Never sign up for this company. Never associate with them or do business with them. Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Save yourself before it's too late!

maeganm
2/14/15

OMG Biggest joke of a company ever! Probably the rudest costumer service I've ever dealt with. I've never received so much attitude from someone. Also what a scam!! Never ready anything about a monthly membership fee and why is it taking so long to get the rebate back. Will never use this site again and will never recommend it to anyone. Not only will I not recommend it, ill defer people away from it!

Tip for consumers: Don't!!

rutha15
2/6/15

Scammers what a horrible joke. Total rip off. They are nasty people to deal with BAD attitudes!
I have sent Alice a private message about the customer service reps. They really need to make some kind of contact with their customers as I never heard boo from them until I notice the charge, not one welcome, thank you, promotions zero email. There is something wrong when a service such as this doesn't't say Boo but want $$....with no services render!

Tip for consumers: Don't get caught up with this horrible company.

12 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: did anyone get your money back from this scam?
2/22/11
Answer
alicer12
A: Freeshipping.com strives to resolve any issues members have. Just contact us as customerservice@freeshipping.com.

KellyT
12/8/14
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Hi, If I did not purchase anything where I paid shipping then why I was charged 13.97 $.
How can I get my money, I do not wish to continue my membership. I do not want to form opinion without getting proper resolution to my problem.

Please help me
12/5/14
Answer
alicer12
A: Contact us at customerservice@freeshipping.com and we will be happy to resolve your issue.

KellyT
12/8/14
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FreeShipping staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
FreeShipping?