US Government's NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

lync18
11/1/14

Purchased 7/30 for $29.99 activation fee with NO MONTHLY charge. They shipped item to me on 8/15 - on 8/16 my computer went into shop to be fixed. It was still in shop on 9/2 when company took another 39.99 out of my bank account. I returned FreedomPop on 9/5 per their instructions (with RMA). Note: I never used it. On 11/1/2014 I still have not received my full refund.

paulc114
10/30/14

It has been 12 days since I ordered a phone and it is still being processed. I have found a lot of misleading information if not a lie. 1 The time of shipping is exactly what it says shipping only. There are 3 more steps before shipping can occur. like finding the phone, setting it to work with Freedompop and testing it. 2 The voice mail they put in the charges (2.49) is video voice mail not regular voice mail. 3 the money back policy could not be found on the website. 4 The unlimited service (10.99) is limited to 2500/5000 min/texts. This should have been very open and easy to find before purchasing. 5 The free month does not begin when clicking activate like site says but when the phone actually ships so you just lose shipping time. IF THE SERVICE WORKS THE PRICE WILL MAKE IT WORTH THE INCORRECT INFO OTHER WISE I WILL BE USING THE 30 DAY MONEY BACK OFFER.********6 It doesn't tell you until you nave activated that porting your number may not be possible but as a courtesy they will give it their best effort. So 7 becomes getting a new number that for me was very limited. 8 when signing up the show you all these nice services in a package for 9.99/ mth while the no thank you button/link is almost blended in to the background color. Once signed up you can cancel but do not expect a refund. BUYER EWAR FREE JUST ISNT FREE IF YOU DONN'T FIND THE SMALL PRINT, BUT EVEN IF YOU DO NOT FIND ALL OF THE SMALL TACK ON ITEMS THE FIRST MONTH YOU WILL STILL SAVE MONEY WITH THE 19.99 PLAN VS WHAT YOU WERE SPENDING ON YOUR CURRENT CARRIER. I will reserve final rating once I have received the phone and have used it awhile. Then I will edit the post and tell you what the service is really like

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. It it looks too good it probly is. f/or me it was worth the phone and services to try and know ai can get my money back by pqying return shipping.30-40$ is worth the ga ble to me

taniyah
10/26/14

I have called the company several times at different times of the day and have had to wait at least 45minutes to a 1hour on hold. I also had to wait 24-48hours to speak to someone for escalating my call for help. Which mint I had to call back & wait on hold again.
The service in the Seattle area barely works on a good day even though the "map" shows that it is. I purchased the Groupon offered by Freedompop to purchase a phone for their service. We tried it for 3 days the service doesn't work in our area. I requested my refund. Groupon said it comes from Freedompop. Freedompop refuses to give a refund & will just exchange the phone. That would be great if it worked in this area. The phone though a Sprint phone can be used by other carrier, but Freedompop will not Fully Release it allowing it to be reprogrammed/activated by another carrier.

lisad59
10/7/14

The network is good but many time we disappointed due to the weather. But overall you are providing good services.

dorisx
9/29/14

I got suck in on freedompop they charge me 118.00 dollors, they stole my money no services ,and have no one to get it back into my account? Watch out for scammers they are out there? Just got stck with the box. Doris

Tip for consumers: Watch out scammers?

ernestineb
9/11/14

The website FreedomPop is really useful for me in all aspects. It is well known to everyone that internet are one of the most important thing in day to day life, and so that from the website, they are generally providing all types of information in a greater aspect. So in general all these information is really useful.

jayd129
9/7/14

Freedompop sold me wireless service in Las Vegas that doesn't exist. I wasted money on the device. Don't join them. They hire orientals that don't understand English

sheenam6

Great service...

oscarj
EXPERT
8/27/14

The concept is great, just like back in the day when companies were giving out free dial up internet accounts just to introduce the service to you. But there is always a catch with free and here it is that they are trying to up sell on a wide variety of additional services. $10 automatic top-up after you sign up....meaning they will bill you monthly to get additional services. Still, it isn't that bad of a deal and there is no contract which is very nice.

raymonds22
8/24/14

This company is the WORST!

Tip for consumers: Recommend this to those you hate

bobg8
Veteran Reviewer
7/14/13

Really great CONCEPT, free internet. BUT, after seeing a report on the news this morning I decided to visit their website to have a look. Somehow I think they are doing a little data mining, because after browsing around and clicking off the site I noticed that my "junk folder" had messages by guess who???? Yep, freedompop!!! I didn't give out any info when I viewed the site, so just how did they get my email address??? NOT COOL.