US Government's NSF

Categories: Freelancing, Job, Work At Home
US
Tel: 1-866-991-9222
feedback@flexjobs.com
Check out FlexJobs for yourself today!
View Now

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jesss25

I have a college degree and have used FlexJobs to search for management level, telecommuting jobs. (in 7 reviews)

saram53

It is a free (to employers), widely traveled job board that we are now using to find most of our employees. (in 4 reviews)

laura-anneq

I encourage anyone looking to work at home to start their job search on FlexJobs. (in 8 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

aprisac
3/28/15

I found its advanced search tool very useful and easy to use. I used it to scan available jobs before I decided to subscribe. The jobs varied, from HR to health, from writing to designing. After putting a lot of filters in its search tool, I decided to apply in 3 positions and got accepted in one of them, and decided to take the offer. All these only took me less than one month, then I unsubscribed from the service. So for me, it was worth every penny. I would recommend FlexJobs for anyone searching for telecommuting/flexible jobs.

marcr22
3/24/15

My FlexJobs membership was a worthwhile investment. They do an excellent of collating positions with flexibility of schedule, or remote employment opportunities. Within a few weeks of creating an account, and applying to jobs listed in the portal, I received contacts from multiple recruiters, which led to several interviews from top level employers. The FlexJobs portal made it easy to see what jobs I had applied, to, when, and to track next steps for each position. I received multiple offers from employers I found through FlexJobs, and found a great move for my career path. I have been very happy with this service, and certainly will be using it again the next time I am looking for a career change.

amandab70
3/13/15

I've used FlexJobs twice now. The first time, I found a full-time telecommute job in my field within a month. The job was amazing, but it was a temp position. When I came back to the site, it took about three months for me to once again find a great full-time telecommute job in my field; this time permanent. During my search, I simultaneously used all the major job sites; Indeed, Snagajob, Simply Hired, along with local resources (and Craigslist). When I wasn't hitting a dead end, I was getting spammed by illegitimate posts. Though you do have to pay for FJ, think of it as temporary until you find work. And at least for me, it's now twice been totally worth it in weeding out the garbage and dead ends, and most importantly, finding quality, flexible leads. I love working from home, and getting here would have been infinitely harder without their help.

saram53
3/7/15

Real jobs, real employers, no games. Now that I am the one doing the hiring I can also tell you that I love it as an employer, too. It is a free (to employers), widely traveled job board that we are now using to find most of our employees.

kirstye1
2/1/15

I found a great part-time job. I can work at little or as much as I want; and it works around my family's schedule. Just what I needed!

christinel25
1/31/15

Fantastic site and easy to navigate!

lindam128
12/30/14

I paid for a one-month subscription at Flexjobs.com at $14.95 and within a day or so received interest from a company that I am now freelancing for. I would recommend Flexjobs to anyone looking for part- or full-time work. I am delighted and comforted to know that Flexjobs is just a click away should I need their help in the future.

liliao
12/25/14

Great service! I was skeptical at first, but what you pay for FlexJobs.com is nothing compared to what you receive. I count myself as one of the success stories because thanks to this service I found a job that fits around my schedule. Thank you FlexJobs!

teresaj7
12/14/14

FlexJobs allowed me to find a job that fits my schedule. I now have a job that I do not have to fit my life around. The site is easy to navigate. What I like best is the jobs have all been vetted before being posted. In addition, the size of the companies represented on FlexJobs is very diverse in you will find smaller startup companies to major corporations with flexible and/or telecommuting jobs.

katherineb8
12/14/14

I found the most AWESOME job through FlexJobs within just a few months of joining. Absolutely fantastic service, I'd recommend to anyone looking for a telecommute or flex schedule job!

lanaea
12/13/14

I got a new job in less than a month, making 50% more than I was making before! I am extremely happy with the site, the level of service, and the results. My new job is fantastic!

aliciac12
12/11/14

I used to work for an employment newspaper and job board after graduating from college so I am very familiar with the job search process. I knew there had to be a job board for people exactly like me. After a few Google searches I found FlexJobs and knew it was exactly what I was looking for!

I have worked remotely for the past three years living in Hawaii and Japan and loved it. My husband and I wanted to travel before settling down and starting a family and we were both fortunate enough to work remotely. Now that we have settled down and started our family, I really love that I can be available to my family and still provide top quality work for my clients/employer. I started to feel like I was ready to make the next advancement career-wise but still wanted to work remotely. That is when I began my search.

The main selling point for me was that they vet all the jobs so you do not waste time with scams or positions that aren't what you want. As a qualified and serious job seeker, you don't want to waste your time going through hundreds of job listings unless they are what you are looking for.

If you are seeking a flexible work schedule where you can still advance in your career and achieve the goals you have set for yourself professionally, FlexJobs.com is the only site I have found so far that I feel gives quality positions with the schedule I work best with. It is well worth the monthly cost to use the site. It is an absolute no-brainer.

mirah1
11/28/14

In this job market, searching for flexible work was very difficult. FlexJobs made it much easier. After a year of searching, I finally found a fabulous flexible job!

andreab55
11/24/14

Great website!!! I found my dream job after 3 days of registering.

laura-anneq
11/21/14

I signed up to become a member of FlexJobs for one month. I applied to several jobs I was interested in and received 4 job offers. I took the job I was hoping I would get and I love it. I love having no commute time and having my own private office. The job I took has full benefits, they sent me a computer and headset and my checks are direct deposited. I encourage anyone looking to work at home to start their job search on FlexJobs.

pattyd7
11/5/14

I saw FlexJobs advertised and saw that it was featured on a number of national media outlets so I gave it a try. I am a long-time telecommuter and started telecommuting 20 years ago when my son was born. I knew that another flexible work arrangement was really what I wanted but I was open to any job that was a good fit even if I had to commute. One of the first jobs I saw that was a full-time telecommuting role was with a small company so I researched the company and felt it would be a good fit for me. I sent in my cover letter and resume and heard something back right away. Initially I didn't get the role so I continued to use FlexJobs weekly while looking and found many roles that I would not have found just looking in my local geographic area. I found the site great to use, simple to submit your information to different companies. I also used the search to see different companies that focused on flexible and telecommuting roles to expand my search across the country. I have recommended FlexJobs to my friends and Facebook network. In the end that first role I applied for came through. The person they hired didn't work out so I am now happily employed with a new company. Thank you FlexJobs!

wendyt14
11/5/14

The FlexJobs site consistently delivered great job matches to my profile, and I landed an excellent position with a Fortune 50 company. Full-time with benefits, all work from home and a flexible schedule. I couldn't be happier with my new position.

junew11
11/5/14

I subscribed to Flex Jobs for quite a while, and nothing panned out for a while, but I stayed because I knew all the jobs were legitimate. Soon, the perfect opportunity for me came about with a brand ambassador job with Trip Advisor. It is an independent contractor job, so no benefits and no tax withholding, but a perfect job for me in my situation. You can make it either full or part time by how many listings you sign. I think Flex Jobs is head and shoulders above many other sites.

carolineb14
11/4/14

Flexjobs.com offers so many different telecommuting opportunities. I love this site and highly recommend it! I really took advantage and applied for as many jobs as I was interested in. It took just a couple of weeks and I found an online teaching job with extremely flexible hours and opportunity for growth. I also found some flexible internet task jobs that are fun and provide extra cash-flow. Each day I was sent new jobs opportunities. They offer free skill tests as well. I really can't say enough good things about this site!

danilor
10/30/14

I was unhappy in my in office job and the horrible commute that came along with it. When I clicked through FlexJobs' site, I found a job that was a perfect fit for me within an hour. I applied for the job and then got hired! I liked that they have aptitude tests that you can take to test your skills. I didn't mind paying for the service because it's a huge timesaver rather than having to go through so many work from home job ads that turn out to be scams.

jennellh
10/15/14

I found a flexible, great-paying job on FlexJobs.com. It's a real, legitimate way to find work, especially if you want a remote/at-home position. I've been an at-home mom for 16 years, and the thought of going back to a traditional job was not something I wanted to do. Now, I work from my home, choose my own hours, and make good money all while still being able to pick up my kids from school, keep up on housework, and run errands when I need to. There's a money-back guarentee with FlexJobs, so just give it a try!

tabithar6
10/9/14

I signed up for FlexJobs after reading multiple reviews. I used a coupon code, which offset the subscription cost. On my first day using FlexJobs, I found a posting for a position that matched my experience & education level. I sent a resume that same night & was contacted by the company within 24 hours. I interviewed & was offered the position, which I accepted.

scottm88
10/8/14

I joined up one month ago. Within one week I was in a Skype interview with a big-name CEO in New York City. I wasn't offered the job as it turned out to be necessary to be in NYC for the one offered (not made clear in the application, but not Flexjobs' fault) but I definitely wouldn't have even talked with him without signing up for FlexJobs. I've got the one-year subscription so I'll keep checking in, but I'm satisfied with it for the one interview alone. It also is giving me a good idea how to build up my experience to be suited for high-paying telecommuting jobs rather than the 1 cent-a-word crappy jobs most often advertised elsewhere.

jillc10
9/22/14

FlexJobs has been a reliable source for job leads for me in the past few years and eventually lead to a change in my role to a new, more flexible and exciting position! Thank you, FlexJobs - you guys are the best!

tiffanyj12
9/20/14

My experience was really great. I was able to narrow my search for the type of job I was looking for using very specific options and it lead me to finding the right situation for me. I've recommend this site to my other stay at home mom friends to look into

shannaa
9/19/14

I completely credit FlexJobs with connecting me to my current job, which I LOVE.
It happened to be the first of 60+ I applied to through the site. I was in the interview process when other companies contacted me - so, it's nice to know I had options had this opportunity not worked out - but I'm so glad it did.

katherinec9
8/27/14

Flexjobs is excellent. I tell every job seeker I know about flexjobs.com - I received more interest, more feedback, and yes, a real job!

Their customer service was prompt and polite, too.

Great site!

ruthp10
7/15/14

Be careful on renewal date. They will renew your subscription even though it is not authorized. There is no way to get your credit card info off their site. Somehow they renewed it even though they didn't have updated card info (new billing address or expiration date). I was able to chat with someone who said they would refund my credit card in a few business days. Am waiting to see if that happens. They told me they supposedly send out renewal notices via e-mail 2 weeks in advance, and that my notice must've gone to spam. I did not receive any notification even though I checked my spam box.

juanp26
6/19/14

Got my current job from here and I'm satisfied with it by this point.The guy with the long review is right though - nobody should have to pay for a decent job.

jessyg9
4/30/14

I have subscribed to Flexjobs off and on for the last several years. I am now working in a full time salaried position that I would have never known about had it not been for Flexjobs. I even had a hard time letting go of my subscription after I started my job because I loved looking through all of the job opportunities out there, and knowing that they are all legitimate positions makes it all very exciting. I recommend this site to anyone who is thinking about telecommuting.

melissah22
4/18/14

I signed up with FlexJobs in April of 2013. I started my new, full time, work-from-home job in July 2013. I love working from home! When anyone asks me how I found a work-from-home job, I tell them about FlexJobs.com. The fees are very reasonable and FlexJobs took all the work out of researching work-from-home postings to make sure they are not scams. I highly recommend this web site!

staceyp4
4/17/14

I've spent countless hours on multiple job search engines looking for flexible jobs with the option to telecommute. I had to fish through so much scam garbage only to find 1 or 2 that were even legitimate. FlexJobs was just such a breath of fresh air, because they did all that filtering for me by only showing me jobs from REAL and legitimate companies. There are tons of resources on the site about job searching, how to pump up your resume, tests to show off your skills to employers, and way more. I was skeptical at first, so I loved the fact that I didn't have to commit to a 3 or 6 month deal having no idea what I was getting into. One month with FlexJobs didn't even cost me as much as a movie ticket, popcorn, and a drink! I put in less than 10 applications, yet had 2 job offers within 2 weeks. I love the job, I work when I want, and I'm soooo thankful I gave FlexJobs a shot. Go for it - it's way worth it!

caronr
4/13/14

This is what I had to say to FlexJobs this morning....

Well, I was unemployed for the past two years and looking for a job. Any job. Telecommuting jobs were always on my radar. I really believe that the workforce is going that way. Heck, take a look at the tech industry and how many telecommute. And it's not just those working on a help desk. However, most telecommute sites I came across are dedicated to the obvious scam.

Stumbled on FlexJobs quite by accident. A link to a Forbes article from LinkedIn, I think. And then references to AARP articles on jobs for seniors by the same writer. Well, more links to more press on FlexJobs so I surfed on over. Figured that if the Company is being mentioned by giants such as Forbes, WSJ, Inc, AARP, etc., you couldn't be a scam like the others.

Spent some time combing through the website and decided that for the price I had nothing to lose, especially since I was considering shelling out some very big bucks for a more professional resume. You know, it's that last ditch effort believing that not being able to find a job paying more than minimum wage and wanting 10-15 years of experience, must be because there's something wrong with me or what I'm doing.

I decided to sign up for a month and just see what I could find.

Honestly, I was hopeful from day 1.

After almost two years of searching...jumping through hoops...hours shuffling through a plethora of worthless job boards with old or nonexistent job postings (Indeed and my local State of Colorado unemployment job board/office are only 2 shining examples)...dealing with offers for insurance franchises (Monster)....and finally looking at or being sent ridiculously low paying jobs by the thousands from those "other" job boards looking to recruit me for education I don't need and don't want....I saw a ton of potential jobs on your site. Straightforward. No spam offers.

Unbelievable!

I think it took all of three weeks to find the job posting I wantedl. I kept my subscription going for an extra month, just in case it didn't pan out. I didn't need to, but I don't feel like the extra month was a waste of money.

What really bothers me is that after all this time working with the Colorado unemployment office, taking classes, building skills, attending special federally funded classes designed to help older workers get jobs, etc...not ONCE was telecommuting or Flexjobs (as a viable job board) ever mentioned. Not EVER. Shame on Colorado unemployment counselors....

Do I think anyone can magically be handed a job through Flexjobs? No. I still had to investigate each posting and each company. It just made the process a LOT easier for me.

Is Flexjobs only 100% telecommute jobs. No. But it doesn't advertise that either.

Are the search engines perfect? No. And neither are any of the others. Far from it.
But the search engines are pretty good, or were for me. Folks, you have to expend a little of your own effort and discretion here.

I LOVE what you are doing. Especially sweet that you are located in MY state, lol.

I don't know what to say except that I've been passing the word around.

FlexJobs isn't just for stay-at-home Moms, college students, or seniors.

It isn't a scam.

It isn't expensive. Heck, I spend more for two to eat fast food in one sitting than I did for a full month access on FlexJobs.

It saved me time. It saved me headaches.

Best of luck to you all and keep up the great work!!

Sign me: Found a great job and working entirely from home.

alexanderj11
3/28/14

I was able to find a second job flexible enough to work around my primary job's changing schedule. It was easy to search for jobs, and there were a lot of options.

It was also somewhat comforting to see in one place how many openings there were for part-time work, telecommuting, and independent contracting; it gave me some hope after months of fruitless searching. For me, it paid off in the end.

lovelyladys
3/12/14

Flexjobs changed my life! I will admit I was skeptical at first, but it truly was worth it. It opened so many doors for me. I had so many leads and offers that I had to turn offers down. I would highly recommend Flexjobs.com to anyone looking for flexible working arrangements.

meghans5
2/20/14

FlexJobs helped me to live the life I wanted to live! At one point, I had to put my job search on hold and they were very accommodating with my membership situation. After I restarted my search, I was able to find the job that works for me and fits perfectly into my life. Thank you, FlexJobs!!

susanw38
1/19/14

If you want an objective, accurate of this website and its content from a current subscriber (and an experienced recruiter) read on:

The primary reason for the two star rating is that although the user interface is good, the job assistant and personal assessment / skills tests are good and interesting, the website falls short of delivering quality, desirable, 100% telecommuting jobs. Rather, if you perform a job search that returns only 100% telecommuting jobs (which is the prime reason most of would likely join this website) it removes about 50% of the jobs database (at least last time I ran a check). Included in these results, mind you, are temporary, freelance,contracted, seasonal, short-term, etc. So if you subtract those along with "questionable" employers, you are really left with little to choose from. Now there are several legitimate employers and some fortune 500 & 100 companies on the website, but the type of jobs are limited to technology and medical administration. Part of this is, I'm sure, is that employers are not too employee-friendly right now and probably not offering many telecommuting positions. I will say the website appears as though it was developed to genuinely assist its users in finding jobs, it's just the quality of the jobs reduces the site's effectiveness and interest - at least from my point of view..

francesh25
1/6/14

I have signed up for one month
I login and see the jobs available
When I go to the job it asks me to login and pay
Have been trying this for 3 days now and have sent them a second email
So far no reply and no value for the one month subscription let alone apply for a job!!!!

georgial1
12/30/13

The site showed many promising telecommuting jobs. However, not telling visitor about the fee until they are hooked seems sneaky.

marcusc29
10/7/13

I specifically listed "Contract/1099" in my search criteria with "remote" work options, but flexjobs consistently listed W-2 jobs with travel required. I can find a M-th traveling W-2 job anywhere as I've got at least half a dozen recruiters calling me monthly. I didn't need to pay the fiftysomething dollar annual subscription for those listings. They are all over the place on monster.com, glassdoor, etc.

jesss25
9/24/13

For me, time is money. When I've conducted job searches in the past it has taken me hours a day to sift through all the junk jobs out there. With FlexJobs I end up paying the equivalent of someone else less than a $1/hour to do it for me. That's worth it to me. I have a college degree and have used FlexJobs to search for management level, telecommuting jobs. I was impressed that there were so many options and ones that would have taken me forever to research and find on my own. Most work from home job sites are free, but they listed a bunch of jobs that were menial or low-paying. Not a fit. I've also recommended this site to my family members (including a few recent grads) and friends and the feedback has always been positive.

mannyg1
9/23/13

I had a great experience as a FlexJobs user. It took a couple of months, but I used the service to find a really rewarding job working from home. In my experience, the fee was really worth it and they did what they promised -- weeded out all of the scams that are out there and provided legit, up-to-date jobs. I was especially happy that the jobs they matched me with met my education and experience levels. I would sign up again in a heartbeat if I was back in the job market.

jeffr352
7/9/13

I noticed that I was being contacted less from employers after applying than I was when using monster.com. I have health issues so I need to telecommute to stay afloat.

I received a message from an employer telling me that flexjobs posted a position that wasn't even open. Somehow flexjobs found an old page on this employers site listing a couple jobs they had open, but there was no way to even contact this employer in regards to the openings.

So, flexjobs wasted a TON of my time because this position was PERFECT for me and I wanted to make sure they knew I was here ready to start. I called them and left voice mails, and wrote them numerous emails, and finally they told me that flexjobs had no business posting a position that wasn't even open.

So how much time have I wasted applying for jobs on flexjobs? Who knows, all I know is I won't be renewing my subscription with them. Not all jobs are even telecommute anyway.

I am supposed to get a listing of job openings each day, this doesn't happen consistantly, and like I said, since I rarely hear back from any of the employers about my application, I have to think there is some foul play going on.

sybn
7/9/13

Signed up, and then cancelled within a few days. Site does not provide good leads for remote work despite its claims. This company continues to charge my credit card every 2 months for a three month subscription. Leaving messages on thier voicemail does not get a return call. Emailing using the cancellation system does not get a response. This is the third attempt at cancelling. Would NOT recommend this site to anyone looking for a remote position

lindas60
7/5/13

I regret signing up for FlexJobs. I believe that it is a scam free site but the job postings are too specific (not mainstream). Applying and sending my resume has been a big waste of time, nothing ever comes of it. Another thing, my login information stopped working so I couldn't get back on the site. Despite my persistence in contacting them, no one has gotten back to me. Don't waste your hard earned money on this...it's nonsense.

brendaj9
4/9/13

Flexjobs has a job board that it says is legitimate and I don't dispute that at all. I am an Admin professional at an intermediate level and I could find no jobs that I qualified for with Flexjobs. It seems that most of the jobs on this site is for educated professionals with degrees, I'd say about 98%. To say the least I am truly disappointed. I was so excited about a legitimate site with work at home jobs! I don't mind the fee at all if I could find just one job for which I qualified!

nrd
4/8/13

The search engine is fancy but not accurate. All Commute doesn't mean all commute because when you read the job descrip. says you have to live in that state or no further than 100 miles. When you click on a job title it takes you to the company site to complete a long application and take numerous tests. So basically you are paying monthly fees for a link to click on. Not effective. Waste of money.

laurl
4/6/13

I was really excited about this website because it finally seemed real after having been searching on so many scam websites but then I went to sign up and of course there is a fee like everything else. I do not think that this is a reason not to join, charging a fee for resources is precisely how our entire society functions so why should this be any different? That being said, you have to be wary of what resources you invest in - so do your research first! These website are kind of like the stock market, you never really know how it is going to end up but you have to be smart about it either way. I am not discouraged because I do think that this site has a wealth of resources for me that I would not be able to find on my own so I may be willing to give it a try in the future when money is not so scarce.

sadief
8/12/11

Great site, above and beyond the others out there in the telecommuting and flexible work markets. It's national (and I think even international), and has a really wide variety of career categories. Really great resource, so happy to have found it!

tracyh1
2/5/11

I like the layout of the site and the overall goal of finding a work at home job or telecommuting job is great. Flexjobs does charge a monthly fee for the potential workers or telecommuters to work from home and I am a little skeptical about that because that does not seem right to charge people looking for jobs so I cannot give it a full heart. Flexjobs does have a good mission and job search sites that are legit are pretty rare these days. I wonder why they cannot just charge the businesses instead though, they are the ones with the money.