US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

gateb

My dress is beautiful and came way before I was expecting it. (in 45 reviews)

lorraines5

The customer service jerked me around and it was difficult to get a straight answer. (in 6 reviews)

zoemin

Will do business with Game Origin again.I will be sure to order prom dress prom dress from you too . (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ah440
10/26/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE unless you are willing to take whatever you get!!! They will not exchange dresses even though it clearly says they will on their website.

THEY FULLY COMMIT FRAUD in their color charts and when asking for an exchange - have been told that our dress (wrong color) "is beautiful and one of a kind passing inspection..." NOT A QUESTION OF IF THEY THINK IT IS BEAUTIFUL. Bottom line DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE unless you want to waste money and are okay with anything that shows up.

Also - all of the positive reviews on here are CLEARLY written by the company!!!

cathyl7
10/22/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! I ordered a $200 dress from this site. I chose the correct size, expecting there to be minor alterations needed if any at all. I tried he dress on when it finally arrived. Yes, it had the 32 band size (as ordered) but the bust area was large enough to fit a large C or small D cup woman!!! I am able to fit at least 2-3 fingers inbetween my skin and where the dress material comes out to in that area. It is common sense that the dress be made proportionately to the measurements given. I have been arguing with this company for months and they said a local tailor should be able to fix it. Well hey can't. In order to do that they'd have to take the dress apart, resize the areas, and put it back together. This would be just as expensive as the dress!!! This is carelessness on the seamstress' part and according to their policy is cause for refund. They will not cooperate and refund all or any of my money. I plan to return the dress to the shipping address with a complaint (again) and leave it at that. SCAMMERS!!!

olgai3
6/26/14

If I could give this company a negative star, I would. It was a total disaster and embarrassment. Prior to ordering, I chatted and exchanged emails with them various times. They reassured me that they do accept return. So, I ordered the dress and specifically noted "same as the picture" so that there would be no misunderstandings. When I received the dress, it was NOTHING like the picture. The pictured dress was light pink. The dress I received was beige and YELLOW with some pink. It was hideous. When I tried to return the dress, they said no returns because the shipping was more expensive than the actual dress. I paid $170.00. They first offered me $25.00. Then, $35.00. And, after two weeks they offered me $45.00. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS, SCAMMERS, ETC. I FEEL SO VIOLATED. BUY ONLY FROM USA. DO NOT BOTHER WITH CHINA, JAPAN, ETC. All they want is your money. The quality of the dress was a total joke.

araceliv
6/21/14

Everything on the website looks great but I either see excellent reviews or horrible reviews. I have 1 year to deal with minor issues if I decide to order my dress through this web site. Could someone please advise if this is truly a scam or not? I'll send my measurements a few inches bigger and with plenty of time... I just want to know the overall quality and the outcome of the product.

ls44
4/11/14

If I could give this company NEGATIVE STARS I would. I ordered a dress and sent in my measurements and told them to make it 3-4" longer than picture. It arrived as a short dress and was way too small. I have tried numerous times to send the dress back as this was all their error and they will not take the dress back OR do anything about this. They had the nerve to tell me to order another one and they would give me a discount. Really? I don't think so. DO NOT EVERY BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I seem to be out $160 and I am not happy. Please spread the word that this is a fraudulent company and do not do business with them unless you want to lose your money.

reneeb12
10/22/13

This place is a total scam. Ordered a dress for my daughter, never came within the two week, was delivered 15 days after event and to mail it back - it is costing me $30 dollars and a ton of paperwork to dispute the charge... DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!

julieb41
10/9/13

Ordered the wrong size dress. Wedding coming up soon! Takes 1 day response for EVERY email and reply. Canot have a converation. Phone number will not accept calls. Chat line continues to hang up on me. I have never had problems such as this. Its not like I want my money back, would just like to exhange. Dress came with NO TAGS OR RECEIPT. I am not sure what size it is. They told me to take it to a tailor and have the back laced up but the dress is waaay to small. Tailor said she cannot do anything. . It like they monitor your email address and wont take your concerns. TOTALLY TERRIBLE SITUATION! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

main2
Expert Reviewer
9/30/13

☠ Scraping Website - Illegal, Stolen Trustmarks
☛ Site Using Fake or Fraudulent Trust Marks and Seals are key indicators of a Scam Site.
☛ Why trust a site that needs to Steal Trust Seals??? Where is the Trust coming from???
☛ Use these sites with caution, do not become their next victim.
☛ Fully read the "Warnings" and "Membership Terms and Conditions"

✍ Note: Major Security/Trust Seals/Icons commonly used by: BBB .org, McAfee, Thawte, TRUSTe, Trustwave, UpFront, VeriSign/Norton, and others should all have URL's linked to those Icon's. When clicked the URL should "Open" the "relevant sites Certificate or verification page"!!! If they don't, they are FAKE!!!

✍ Sites that do not subscribe to the Norton VeriSign, McAfee Secure, or other Trust/Secure services try to fool consumers/visitors by placing a stolen copy of the trustmark/seal on their website in order to give the appearance of "Trust" and "Security". This practice is called "Scraping."

(•ิ_•ิ) Why would you trust a site that needs to knowingly Steal Trust Seals? Which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business!

(•ิ_•ิ) Always remember the basic rules about Scammers/Spammers:
❶ Scammers/Spammers always lie.
❷ If a Scammers/spammer says they aren't lying, see rule 1.

Illegal VeriSign Certificates - Fake/Forged (site uses a JPG):
☠ hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/ver.gif
☠ hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/ver2.gif
☠ hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/checkout-safe.gif

========================================
Cheap Made-In-China Dress/Clothing Copying Website
(•ิ_•ิ) These sites claim to be Tailors - which they are not.
☛ Cheap and Awful China Tailoring site "Coping Pictures" of clothing, Not Making Them!
☛ Maybe, You Will Get What You Paid For... Cheaply Made China Cloth Sewing, NOT Tailoring!
☛ These dress copying operations offer to sell Cheap cloth merchandise at prices that should indicate an obvious theft of funds.
☛ Sites often hosted in China are known for selling Copyright Infringing items and Counterfeit Goods.
☛ Payment is often through PayPal to an E-Mail Address, Western Union, Bank Transfer, or a third party payment processing site, with "No Money Back Guarantee".
☛ Use a credit card for protection and be ready to do a "charge-back" when using these sites.
☛ These scam sites are only after your money and make it hard to return/receive refunds.
☛ Usual contact information, if any, is to a free email account.
☛ Do not become their next victim. Fully read the site terms and policy's before using, if they have them.

(•ิ_•ิ) The cloth you purchase where you "think" it will look like the "professional designer pictures" on the website or that it will fit you is "No Way" close to what you "May" receive... as they just "copy" the designers picture.

(•ิ_•ิ) Do an internet search and read other reviews for cheap china dress site reviews:
(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cheap+china+dress+site+reviews)
Common reviews for these type of sites show that clothing/dresses received were - wrong sizes and styles delivered, cheap materials, shoddy workmanship, stains and dirt on material, terrible customer service and some dresses that reeked of fish!!

(•ิ_•ิ) The pictures on the site ARE legitimate designer/manufacturer photos of a dress/clothing. Those pictures were "stolen" from the official designers/manufacturer's website. If you receive anything at all, it will not resemble those pretty pictures at all. Ever notice you never see a photo of "THEIR" dress on the website!!!

(•ิ_•ิ) You will also need to pay customs import fees and local "tailoring fees" to have the dress fixed that you just purchased to make it wearable. As sending it back will cost more than just trying to fix it yourself (and they will also tell you that), As you will be paying return shipping and any custom fees associated with it.

(•ิ_•ิ) All of which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business.

(•ิ_•ิ) Always remember the basic rules about Scammers/Spammers:
❶ Scammers/Spammers always lie.
❷ If a Scammers/spammer says they aren't lying, see rule 1.
=================================================
*<=>* SiteJabber Blog - Wedding Dress Scams: Dream Dresses & Wedding Nightmares
*<->* 5 Ways to Spot a Pinterest Scam: Brides and Budget Shoppers, Beware
Read more: http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/blog/5-ways-to-spot-a-pinterest-scam/#ixzz2b4JkwDna
*<<>>* Scam Alert: Online Wedding Dress Ripoffs - CBS News
*<<>>* Buyer Beware of Replica Gowns
------------
Read this - Buying from China?
------------
Read this - Paying by Paypal or Electronic Transfer?
------------
Read this - Best indications of fraud is scammers wanting you to send money by services like Western Union and Moneygram.
=================================================

joans24
9/30/13

Ordered dress for my granddaughters homecoming dance - paid $50 to have the dress delivered within two weeks. Kept reminding them of the delivery date and they told me not to worry dress would be delivered. Dress was not delivered and the date came and went. Told them I wanted a refund - they offered 20% off and the expedite fee. I told them I wanted a complete refund and I did not want the dress because the occasion was over. They told me it would take six months to refund even the 20% off. I told them I was going to my bank to dispute the charge (stupid me used my debit instead of credit). Fifteen minutes later they shipped the dress!!!

nancya14
9/21/13

Tried to order a dress. Was told we got 70 percent off shipping, but they were still charging $30 for shipping. I got on the chatline and asked how they could deduct 70 percent and still end up with a $30 shipping fee. The person on the chatline refused to reply. This is highway robbery. I'm glad we didn't follow through on our order.

steveh58
9/11/13

This is a scam website; these people sell cheap Chinese made junk of poor quality and then they refuse to exchange or refund by return. Stay away from this site if you value your hard earned money. These people are crooks plain and simple and you will get ripped off. My wife was heartbroken that the dress she ordered came in 2 sizes too small and they refused to do anything about it.

adrianar3
8/20/13

My mom needed a dress for my niece's wedding in October. While my 72 year old mom was visiting me in Florida, we ordered a dress from the site. I measured my mother's body, ( I used to own a costume shop so I know how to measure a body ) and chose a dress according to her measurements. Needless to say, when she received the dress back home in NC, the dress did not fit. I went on their live chat and they told me it was impossible that the dress did not fit that my mother had to send pictures... Okay great, 72 year old mom, has no computer and a flip cell phone without a camera... now what? So they told me to email the seamstress.. I did . Of course they claim the "HAND MAKE" each dress to order... Ok, REALLY? This is a Chinese company. They mass produce everything. The company will not take back my mom's dress to exchange for one size bigger. This company, like the majority of Chinese companies, are a SCAM. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. THEIR SIZING IS ALL OFF- 2 inches too small. AND THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OR EXCHANGES LIKE THEIR WEBSITE CLAIMS. AT LEAST HERE IN THE USA "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"... LET'S STICK TO AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS. NEVER AGAIN!!!

sandran7
6/26/13

The dress arrived well within time and did look like the picture. I asked my daughter to try it on and it fitted ok, if the bodice was a little tight. She complained that the dress hurt under the arms. On closer inspection I found that the seams had not been trimmed and the binding was full of fabric. Being a sewer, I cut open the binding, cut the excess fabric and restitched the seams. Again, my daughter put the dress on (which we had purchased for her to wear at concerts when she plays the violin. I asked her to try playing wearing it and less than halfway through her piece she stopped and complained that it was hurting. She had rashes under each arm where there was a hard lump of fabric rubbing her skin. Back to the drawing board, I took the sleeves out and opened up the bodice to find that no excess fabric had been trimmed inside the bodice (I cut out heaps of excess) and at the top of the bodice, there was so much fabric in the underarm seam that it caused there to be a hard lump of fabric. I was unable to reattach the sleeves as there was insufficient fabric to make useable sleeves.
Once I had removed all excess fabric and restitched the bodice and lining, the dress fitted better in the bodice (because of how much fabric had been removed) and she now has a very pretty sleeveless concert dress. It was quite a lot of work to fix as a result of corner cutting in the dressmaking. Would I order from them again - I would be very hesitant.
The order process was very professional as was the tracking and delivery. Once pressed, the dress did look very like the picture.

dh61
4/19/13

HORRIBLE - DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. First of all, they charged my card more than I authorized. When I tried to cancel my order, they refused. They claim to have shipped the item - but I have never received it. Their customer service is a joke, this is a total scam!

mistim
4/16/13

AWFUL -- same as DREAMPROM.COM -- do not trust anything they say on their website. I am usually very compassionate and kind to businesses mistakes. This place falsely advertises and almost ruined my daughters prom. Nothing is as they promise and they will fight you tooth and nail for a refund. THEY WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND -- They offered to give me $30 to get the dress altered! It was a $300 dollar dress that probably cost $2 to make. TERRIBLE.

selenaw2
3/25/13

I have ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses and 2 different wedding dresses from here, I am a size 8-10 so I ordered just that, the 1st wedding dress was wayyyy too small, I couldn't even get it on. 1 of the bridesmaid dresses was a darker shade than the rest, mind you I ordered all of them in the same color. 2nd wedding dress I ordered, I spoke with the representative, I am pregnant and they assured me that they would make the slip with stretch material, the dress got here and it was not made how they promised, so that was a waste of more money, and when I spoke with them they basically told me "oh well", they would not accept responsibility for their own mistake and didn't want to work with me in any way to resolve an issue that was their own fault. DO NOT purchase from this site, if you do you will be VERY disappointed! Not to mention I ordered the 2nd wedding dress in a size 16 and that JUST fit and Lord knows if I bought a size 16 dress from any other store, I would basically be able to swim in it!

vickerssr
3/20/13

The dress looked exactly how it was shown in the picture, you have to buy a skirt to go under the dress but I thought it was beautiful without it as well. Because of custom measurements through Fishinthesky my dress fit perfectly and did not have to be tailored at all. The shipping was also fast and over all I was very satisfied with my dress.

katoftbb
2/27/13

This dress is so beautiful looks like it cost thousands of dollars. The fit was perfect even when I lost weight before wedding I was able to just pull lacing in. Everyone loved this dress. Thankyou for this wonderful dress. Had too show more pictures of this dress.

houchinor
2/27/13

Dress was beautiful! People thought I paid a lot of money for this dress. I had no problems getting the dress and shipping was fast!(4 weeks), although, I know my wedding was off season. (MARCH) Thanks Fishinthesky!

boulangerns
2/27/13

The dress really does exceed one's expectations. The fabric is of very good quality. I enjoyed a lot wearing it. Also, the customer support team was of great help with all my queries.

hitchcockn
2/27/13

I ordered this dress for my wedding and I absolutely loved it. I wished that I had just given my sizes to Fishinthesky as I made an incorrect choice for the size and had to get the dress altered. But I still loved it and was very happy, and people can't believe that I didn't pay thousands for this dress.

terrys32
12/21/12

The dress itself was not bad, but the sewing job was terrible. Nothing was straight. They DO NOT refund your money. They told us to take it to a tailor to fix the sew job. I don't think any professional seamstress would be able to fix the disaster they sent us.

alannahp
11/5/12

I try to stay positive with my online shopping experiences, but ordering through fishinthesky.com was a nightmarish endeavour. They clearly do not abide by their tailoring bills reimbursement policy.

I had ordered a custom-made graduation dress and paid extra money to have my measurements sent in. Once I received my dress, it wasn't even CLOSE to my measurements. My tailor concluded that 5 inches needed to be taken in from the sides. An $85CAN fee.

WTF! $85?! (after I already paid extra for custom-made; which they butchered)

After sending all of the necessary information to receive a reimbursement, they replied with "we can give you $15, ok?". They clearly do not have a customer service representative that speaks proper English as I have had to decode messages on many occasions. STILL haggling with them, I have not received a reimbursement on the tailoring bills almost 6 months after the purchase.

Long story short, this website has a supreme lack of customer service and poor, painful-to-read, policy-violating excuses as to why a customer is unable to receive a reimbursement.

I think a report to the Better Business Bureau is in order.

trotmanet
10/30/12

We received the Prom Dress that my daughter ordered. Wow, Fishinthesky did a fantastic job & we wanted to give a review, but don't know where to go on ifishinthesky's website to do that. We would highly recommend Fishinthesky to anyone! Job Well Done!

jennifera11
9/15/12

They do NOT take anything back. If you order it...you will never see any money returned for the crappy sewing job they do. NOT recommended. I wish I would have read reviews and saved my $150.

darylp
5/30/12

Disgusted with their service. We paid an extra $19.99 for a rush order to be delivered by a certain date. When it did not arrive on paid for date we sent email. They responded "it will ship when it's finished and you will love it". When we told them to cancel order they shipped it anyway 13 days after the prom and agreed receive by date. They are based in China and don't care about US customer service. Paypal is not getting anywhere with them either.

dedeb
5/30/12

Ordered a dress and recieved urinal timely manner only because I spent 50$ on shipping! There was a rip in the back, stains on the white dress, and the zipper was very hard to zip! When I tried contacting the company they do not provide a 1-800 # and they want you to send them pictures of the defects so they can conferm your accusations! Then they determine if you can send the dress back. Oh and the dress in the picture shows it landing above the knees and it went way below the knees. Their pictures of the dresses are deceiving and they don't really want satisfied costomers! They may take the dress back but I'm out the shipping cost! So overall I should have done some research because now after the fact I did and found some same experiences on the wedding bee!

rachell23
5/9/12

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!

I received my dress in the wrong size.. it was 3 inches smaller than specified in the bust and FIVE inches longer than I specified, the top of the dress was also damaged. They offered me a refund of $7.00. After going back and fourth with them in emails for a week now, I've actually had to threaten to take legal action if they don't refund me enough money to fix my dress. Also, the emails they send me are horribly unprofessional.. here's an example-
"Dear, we are just a young company . the full refund we are not able afford."
That is copied exactly. Like I said..do yourself a favor and do not be tempted by the "deals" on this website!

kristens3
5/3/12

My daughter ordered her prom dress a month ago, her senior prom is Saturday, May 5th. We have no dress, even paid expedited shipping fees to have it here no later than April 23rd. Zoe Lau is the idiot emailing me back, telling me the supplier is working on it, but despite the fact that I have canceled the order, they refuse to refund our money. They are in total breach of the sales contract. I have sent several emails, would live to put them out of business....any advice? She pretends that she doesn't understand and says the phones aren't working. Another reason to buy American.

lysag
4/27/12

This website is a SCAM do not buy from them. I read the reviews after I had already purchased my dress. When you email them it's usually 10 words or less with huge grammatical errors. The rush shipping is fake and claim they would refund me for that which they have not yet. I ordered my dress April 7th with a rush order to get it before April 28th they keep telling me 3 or 4 more days to ship it. The company is only open Mon-Friday.Do not buy from them, don't risk it they are in HONG KONG.

marisaa4
4/22/12

I have had a TERRIBLE experience with this website. I ordered a dress for my senior prom and initially it came out beautifully, I really liked it; however, this was not the problem. a couple days later on my way to get the dress tailored I noticed when i held the dress up into the sunlight that there were multiple glue stains and what seemed like burn marks. From there I followed the websites return policy and took pictures of the dress and sent them in explaining what had happened. So far i have received terrible costumer service. they first told me "I think the problem can be solve quickly. The dry cleaner friends will help you."
At that point I was annoyed by their lack of professionalism but i did what they said and took it to the dry cleaners. They said they could not remove the stains, they were embedded in the fabric. I wrote back to fishinthesky and told them this. They said "we will pay the dress wash fee." then I explained AGAIN that this was not the problem and they said "you can try to ambroidered a flower on the dress" yes they spelled embroidered wrong. Now my senior prom is in two weeks and I have no dress.

ellebellea
4/19/12

Please do not buy from this site, it is a total scam, i just got done for $257 AUD. I ordered a dress and paid, but got no dress and instead i got "one liners" with excuses and lies. One day they write that the dress is being made, however the day after they write that the dress is not made just yet. After many emails today they are offering me a 50% refund...lucky me if ever...
Please stay away i got ripped off my hard earned money.

gia23
4/10/12

Hi! I ordered a dress on january 10th, received a mess in March 2nd after having to pay 90 euros fee because fishinthesky declared tha value of the dress to be 40 USD (I paid 210)

you can see for yourself what sort of dress you will get in my pictures: http://www.keepandshare.com/photo/show.php?i=2029514&cat=1

christinac12
4/5/12

ZERO STARS! This place is a scam! We ordered a prom dress and paid extra for 3 to 5 day shipping. Over 30 days later there is no dress! We had to purchase another dress elsewhere and the will not refund our money. They say it's their policy. That is absurd!

nicoleb10
3/29/12

This website is a total scam. I ordered a light pink dress with pink and purple gems and sequins that were elegantly arranged. When it came in the mail i opened up the bag to find a bubble gum pink fabric...getting a little nervous i opened up the rest of the dress to find it decorated with yelowish and orang beading...not only did the colors completely clash but the design of them looked like it was done by a second grader. the cheap beads all looked like they were going to fall off. Plus there was a few sewing flaws. When i tried to return this dress they kept emailing me back with things like no this dress is great! how about a discount on your next purchase? we put in our hard work for this! In the end i could not return it and am now out of $175. DONT ORDER FROM THEM!!

janeta4
3/27/12

I just ordered a formal for my daughter's banquet within a 29 day timeframe. I paid extra to get it made within 29 days versus 30 days. My daughter's sizes are between a size 2 and 4 so I knew if I custom ordered it I would not have to get a dress altered if I purchased off the rack and what a great way to get a dress made to her specifications. Well - the top half of the dress looked perfect. It was made well but it looks like they gave scissors to a kindergarten child for the bottom. The hem was 19 inches on one side and 22 inches in the middle and 20 on the other side. They sewed the lining to the satin skirt and the lining was bigger than the skirt so it was bunched up and pinched in places. My daughter was devastated. Luckily, I have a mother-in-law who knows how to sew. I should have had her make the dress to begin with because she had to correct all their mistakes. It would have cost me $50 in additional alterations to correct all the mistakes they made. I honestly wonder if they have a child sweat shop. I feel sick just thinking of the working conditions that might be there. You can tell that there are parts of this dress that were made really well but it is not worth the money to correct all the mistakes and not worth the stress.

amyb8
3/23/12

I created a Facebook account because they keep deleting all their negative reviews. Any time anyone posts bad reviews on their fb page they delete it and block the person. Please "like" this page on Facebook and post your pictures and bad reviews. Help me spread the word. I had my 10 bridesmaids order the same exact dress from their site. When the dresses came, each dress was a different style and different shades of yellow. The dresses were damaged and very dirty. They refuse to refund any of us. Here is the link to the page...http://www.facebook.com/#!/fishyntheskycom

karenb35
3/22/12

Save your money and shop at a local store instead! I ordered a lined chiffon mother of the bride dress. The lining weighs about 7 pounds and is as heavy as draperies and makes the dress very bulky. I ordered a standard size dress, and ordered 1 size larger per their instructions so that there would be extra fabric if minor alterations were needed. The fit on the dress was very wrong and not true to THEIR measurements. The bust was 5" larger, and the dress was very snug over my waist and hips even though my waist measurement is 3-1/2" less and my hip measurement 2-1/2" less than their measurement. I tried to return the dress but they would not take it back and offered a 10% credit of purchase price. The cost to ship it back to China was $240 -- more than the dress cost. The fit is so wrong that a local tailor said it could not be corrected. I had a very bad experience and hope I can prevent others from wasting their money.

jeanieg
3/21/12

Had a horrible experience!!! They said they could make the dress we ordered long and it came in short like a $#*!tail dress. The fabric was cheap and nothing like the picture. Needless to say, we couldn't get a refund. They wouldn't respond to our emails. Awful. Do not order from this site!!!!

karlim
3/19/12

I ordered a dress from this page in January, on the 28th. A few weeks went by (more than 20 days) and so I started asking where it was. Well, they told me to wait 15 more days and so I did. I asked then where the hell it was and I was told to wait another 7 days. I was outraged being it was MARCH now! So, I tried and tried to get any information on this dress and they wouldn't give me a right answer. They told me it was on its way and that it was still being tailored. Then they also made the comment how it is SOOOO laborious. They also had terrible spelling and for a business you think it could have been better. They would say "pls u do not need, worry dress is on the way in your arms!" They were more then annying. I never did get my money back from them which was for 204.97 but the bank did - I had to file a claim and its been SUCH a hassel. So save yourself the trouble, and hair and DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!! Plus, the other reviews I have read are all terrible and the good ones are most likely written by them.

elaineh5
3/9/12

We always hear, "If you think it's too good to be true, it probably is." I've never purchased from this site before (www.fishintheskycom). The prices are ridiculously cheap in comparison to what it should be. The reviews with five stars seems to lack credibility. No photos examples of the physical dress received in comparison to the website shown. From www.fishinthesky.com website, there is a contact us information provided with the location of their physical address as:

Fishinthesky Holdings Limited
SN: 58936190-000-08-11-9
UNIT 04, 7/F, BRIGHT WAY TOWER,
NO.33 MONG KOK ROAD,
KOWLOON,HK.
Phone: 00852-2389-2981

Have you tried to Google the address? I did and apparently, that specific address is used for so many other vendors/entities and sites that sale items not related to formal dresses in which www.fishinthesky.com offer. To top it off, the phone number provided, when you Google the number, it indicates different businesses use it also. This to me, is very skeptical.
Here is the list of businesses that is associated with the address for www.fishinthesky.com:

1. Sun Shine Trade (HK) Company Limited - Hong Kong
(This company also use the same phone number as www.fishinthesky.com)

2. Chikit Automobile Technology Co

And there is more where that came from. If you Google just the phone number provided, additional listing of businesses are also provided. When you use Google map, you can even see the proximity of the physical building located.

ashleyg5
2/24/12

I ordered the dress that was supposed to be the Taylor swift dress during thr cma'd from fishinthesky and the dress looks NOTHING like the picture! While the fabric is ok the sewing and draping for the dress is AWEFUL! It looks like a CHEAP prom dress! Not at all what I wanted or needed for the event I am attending! Now I have a week to find a new amazing dress and I'm out the money since all the other reviews said they are aweful for refunds! I do not order from this site if you wanted anything that looked like a quality dress!

gateb
2/23/12

My dress is beautiful and came way before I was expecting it.
I forgot to take in account that I would be wearing heals with my dress so my dress is slightly too short. Just keep that in mind when ordering.

kf5
2/16/12

This is a direct chinese site that makes copies of dresses from stolen copyrighted pictures so buyer beware you won't be getting an original at the prices offered.

lorraines5
2/13/12

I ordered a dress from this site and overall it was not a great experience. The customer service jerked me around and it was difficult to get a straight answer. I was told my dress would be delivered before my event but it actually came the next day. If that was not enough the dress is unwearable because the straps are too short so the waist line hits where my breasts are. Other then that the dress looks great but is still completely unusable.

philips7
1/23/12

I ordered a prom dress for my daughter and received it in about 2 and a half weeks - oddly enough there was not progress or shipping info until we inquired - but it arrived safely and timely so no harm no foul. The dress was a disaster. The bodice and the drapery (forgive my ignorance of dress terminology, I'm winging it) were different color and were not supposed to be, the beadwork around the waist looked like a Kindergarten project. The drapery was not gathered at all like the picture showed and the panels in the back that meet at the zipper were not centered or the same height. It also smelled vaguely of smoke on opening... so needless to say it was useless. They responded instantly, tried to assuage with a percent rebate back to me, when I pushed for a full refund there was no argument and I had it within the day. SO, be careful with what you're ordering, order with plenty of time to deal with the unexpected and be polite and direct with their customer service. The latter seems to be their saving grace as I was genuinely worried that we were stuck with some oversees slapped together junk. I was pleased with the service.

kellyr6
1/4/12

Thank you thank you thank you fishinthesky! The dress was outstanding, my new husband was on the verge of tears when he first saw me in this beautiful dress when I walked down the aisle. I had so many compliments as well. The fit was perfect, the quality was excellent. Most of all your service was great, you met a very tight deadline and I can honestly say I felt like a princess when I put this dress on. I was overwhelmed with joy when I opened the package and this dress helped to make my wedding day one of the happiest days of my life. Thank you fishinthesky

teddyj
1/4/12

I recently purchased a dress for my Girl from fishinthesky and due to my ignorance of womens measurements the dress was tight at the waist, so I contacted fishinthesky about my problem and asked if they could help me. Not only did the bent backwards to help me they even momentarilly bent their polices to satisfy my needs, the refunded 25% of the purchase price so that I could have the dress altered and also provided a $20.00 credit to my next purchase. I look foward to doing business with fishinthesky in the near future and invite all and everyone to do the same, I guarantee that you will be 100% satisfied.

3 Photos for Fishinthesky