US Government's NSF

21 Reviews for Fiddlerman.com

▼ Sort by: recent

billg27
8/13/14

Stumbled across SiteJabber and happened to find reviews of the Fiddlerman.com site. As it happens, I joined the FM site back in April this year (2014) as an adult learner of fiddle/violin - and 4-5 months on, I continue to be blown-away by the sheer amount of detail, learning videos, forum discussions, mini (and some not so mini) group projects. Submit your own audio or video practice, and get feedback on style and technique not just from other beginners, but also from experienced players, including Fiddlerman himself. There is absolutely no BS on the site and every genre is discussed, posted and played by members - from classical excerpts, to all styles of folk and fiddle, to electric rock - if you have the slightest desire to learn violin, or already play and enjoy helping others - visit the site and sign up (it's free!!!)

jackd49
12/18/13

As an adult beginner, I joined the forum to gather inspiration to continue to practice.
There are so many dishonest people on the internet. I am always skeptical of anything at first. Pierre seems to me to be quite unassuming, no bull, just "here's how you do it" videos that actually teach and you can learn, if you have a desire and put your own effort into it. Yes he sells products, such as violins, bows and all the accessories. To me he has a great internet business model, I did an almost day's worth of checking prices of comparable products and I can tell you, he's in line or better. None of the other guys offered me FREE violin lessons, especially of this caliber! The guy is smart, I sense that all the hard work of building such a vast website and to make it profitable, it will always remain vital to treat people fairly! That just me! Jakop

garys58
9/18/13

I started to learn the violin April 1, 2013 and have found the instructional videos to be extremely helpful. After viewing the series on blues improvisation and some practice following the video's advice I was happily playing along with songs like House of the Rising Sun and St James Infirmary Blues as if I knew what I was doing... having learned from the videos it turns out I did know what I was doing. The answers to questions and feedback in the forum also have proven to be quite helpful. Thumbs up!

naskaw
2/23/13

This site is most friendly and helpful that i've found! There are no questions, that one possibly could ask, that will be left without answers =) This site is for violinists and fiddlers of every genre. And whatever your playing level is - this place is interesting and helpful for everybody from beginners to professionals. Music library, international online projects, educating videos and GAMES which help with rhythm, intonation and fingerings, and of course the FORUM. Welcome! And Happy Fiddling! =)

raymondy1
2/21/13

I found fiddlerman.com and that's where I started learning to play the violin! Everyone is friendly and helpful. A professional fiddler actually views your video and offers advice on how to get better free. He has answered several question for me personally. I have leaned a lot from this site. GO see for yourself. We will happy to have another member.

tyb10
2/21/13

A wonderful environment to self study violin,viola, music. A ever growing user base of students at every level of play. Tutors, guidance and online self study make this a remarkable place to be part of. Its Free, Fun, and Fantastic. If you have a question or concern. People there will assist you. Its a very family friendly and safe community.

sureshr
2/21/13

If you are a beginning violinist, looking for free lessons, your search stops here. There is a friendly, international forum where you get expert advice on everything connected to the violin like playing, maintaining, constructing the violin etc. Group projects are being held periodically where you can jam with others

walterc14
2/20/13

I have thought about getting back into playing the violin and then I ran into this site and now I will be. Pierre is highly knowledgeable and makes me want to learn.I needed a violin, so I went to fiddlershop.com, listen and watched him play and discuss many violins and I even chatted with him through emails on what I was looking for and my price range.He was very helpful and not pushy in selling.
I wish he was in my area.I would love having him as my teacher but, thanks to his site,fiddlerman.com, he will be.

erick20
7/2/12

This site has been both help and inspiration with playing violin for the first time. The learning tools are easy and fun. And the people you meet on the forum are simply the best and are always willing to lend a hand!

michaelv14
7/1/12

I have wanted to learn to play the violin for many years. I found fiddlerman.com about a month ago. I am an adult beginner. The videos on the site are excellent. The people on the forum are very knowledgeable and supportive. Fiddlerman responds to the forum daily. He is an extremely great guy and teacher. This is the BEST violin site on the web!!

fredt2
7/1/12

I am a beginner violinist/fiddler and I was fortunate enough to stumble upon this site back in January 2012. It is the single best resource I have ever seen to help beginner/intermediate/and advanced players all over the world. Pierre (aka Fiddlerman) has devote himself to cramming this site with incredible resources, from hundreds of video tutorials, sheet music, audio tools, etc.. And in addition to all of these aides, Pierre is dedicated to helping players improve their skills and knowledge by watching and critiquing member videos and and answering hundreds of member questions.

And the members on this site are incredible! There are a lot of beginners, intermediates, and pros who all share their insight and help. There are more spectacular people on this site than I've found anywhere on the web. And we all have fun and share our passion for the violin/fiddle/viola. Members participate in the site at whatever their comfort level; everyone is respectful and caring of the other members; it's a VERY unique experience!

clintk
7/1/12

If you are wanting to learn to play the violin, look no further. I joined the site to learn and have found a community of like-minded individuals who are willing and eager to help teach me to learn the violin. Not to mention it has a sister site where you can order all your violin needs. Fiddlershop.com The entire site is made up of videos, tutorials, sheet music, chat room, forum section and much much more...all for FREE!! Try it out for FREE!!

scottp10
7/1/12

I was shopping for my first violin last summer on an online store and saw Pierre's video reviews of violins there and contacted him and learned about his website then. I was basically just blown away at how good he was and that's why I'm a member at his site still. I am learning a lot from him and many members there.

terryt6
6/30/12

I found this web-site about a week after I had started to pay for 1on1 lessons.

I love having a private teacher but having Fiddlerman available 24/7 is great.

There are lots of good quality instructional videos, plenty of sheet music for all calibre of players, Skype lessons for additional coaching and a great forum where you can get sensible critique from a complete range of new beginners to more experienced players.

Not to mention the international projects that Pierre Holstein organises so that you can here your music as an ensemble with other people.

In addition, there is Fiddlershop.com, which even though I have to pay for international shipping, most of the products are way below the expected GBP price in the UK, and shipping usually takes less than a week.

An all round great site for those who cannot find or afford a local teacher and/or others who want instruction available to match their own practice timeframes.

headc
6/30/12

I stumbled across Fiddlerman.com in October of 2011 while trying to find information about violas. While it's obviously an excellent site dedicated to helping people learn to play the violin/fiddle through its excellent tutorials, sheet music and video lessons, the fine folks at Fiddlerman.com have been instrumental (pun intended) in my journey with the viola.

dianep14
6/30/12

I have found fiddlerman.com to be extremely helpful in learning to play the violin. The site not only has lots of great resources in terms of the videos, sheet music and tips, but it's also helpful to share tips and experiences with other beginners (and more advanced players) in the forum and chat room.

tonig2
6/30/12

I began visiting Fiddlerman.com in December 2011 and started watching the videos. I am an adult beginner violinist. I was so impressed with the videos, that in January 2012 I joined the forums. Pierra aka Fiddlerman runs a very very nice site. It is my favorite site to visit. The members of the forum are outstanding and helpful as well. I have learned so much and I have made a lot of friends. The information is invaluable. From the site you can link to the Fiddlershop to buy quality products with great customer service. If you are looking to learn to play the violin/fiddle, or already play and want some great fellowship. Join the site and enjoy the fun. Be sure to check out the international YouTube projects as well.

barryn3
6/30/12

Fiddlerman is without a doubt the number 1# site for free lessons and advice. He is always there to offer advice . classical,blues,old time,etc...all genres are welcome there.

kevinh28
6/30/12

I had paid for lessons from a different site but learned more from fiddlerman.com and it is free. Any problem you have will be answered there either from the tutorial videos, friendly forum or the live chat. Great projects to join in no mater if you are new or experienced. Games to help you with your violin. A COMPLETE VIOLIN SITE.

pierreh1
6/29/12

Everything you need to know about learning to play violin and much much more.
Free sheet-music, etudes, tutorials, very active forum discussions, learning games, and even a live shoutbox.

michaelh38
6/29/12

Best site to learn how to play the violin for free!

Best Music Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber