US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marissaw

I had ordered a dress a few weeks ago and just recently read these reviews. (in 35 reviews)

justynar

I have ordered 5 dresses from Fashionland and I'm very happy with the products. (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sonnenj
10/28/14

I ordered two items from this website, the first was a ring-bearer pillow and the second was bridesmaid dress. I have yet to receive either. I ordered the dress to test the site's clothing quality before I asked my girls to spend their own money, and I'm glad I didn't let them waste their time and money like I wasted mine. As far as I know, the dress hasn't been completed and it's been a month since I ordered it. The ringbearer pillow should have been delivered (which took over a month), but I received an email from the website claiming that their delivery company was not able to deliver the package. I have not had any trouble receiving anything else I ordered online, so I don't know what the supposed problem is, other than that there delivery service is shady. They gave me tracking information and told me to contact the delivery company, but the tracking information and the delivery company websites are both dead ends, and there is not a phone number or email address available for me to contact anyone with the delivery company. I am left waiting to hear back from Fashionlande, but I'm not hopeful about getting these problems resolved. I will post an update if I ever hear back from them or receive what I paid for. My advice on this website: don't even look at it, it is not just a waste of money on cheap products, it is spending money on literally nothing.

davel62
10/21/14

ABSOLUTELY APPALLING
I would give this stupid shop a 0 if I could.
PLEASE LISTEN WHEN ME AND OTHER PEOPLE SAY THIS SITE IS A COMPLETE SCAM AND TOTAL WASTE OF TIME!
Absolute piece of rubbish
Do NOT order from this online shop. They're nothing but greedy and once they receive your money they don't care anymore. The dress you buy will be POORLY made with CHEAP fabric and look NOTHING like shown in the picture. If your items don't arrive, don't be surprised when they don't reply to your emails. So save your sweet time the trouble and DON'T BOTHER WITH THIS SHOP.
Also, despite their refund policy they will not allow you to return the dress unless they keep roughly 90% of the money you spent on it.
Nothing short of disgusting. Worst online shop EVER

sabdis
10/15/14

I have received my dress and it has not been made to the specifications given. It has been poorly sewn and the hemline is uneven. It is too small and now I do not have a dress to wear. After 45 days I sent them three emails to see what they had done with the order and eventually they replied that it would be sent soon. Then to find it is the wrong size and poorly made is SHOCKING!!! It took over 60 days to receive the dress and to late to make a dispute through Pay Pal.. I continue to email them but 3 weeks later am still waiting for a response. DON'T buy anything from this website you will not get what you want and there is no such thing as customer service or courtesy. Sandy

sarahj74
9/19/14

I will never buy again from this online shop..it takes more than 3 weeks to arrive, the size is totally wrong!!!!!!!! is a terrible shop.

candiceg2
9/12/14

ouch,why so many negative comments,really shake my online shopping mind.

Tip for consumers: up to you

gemzw
12/5/13

I am horrified with my dress :o( I received it so quickly and it was nothing like the picture. The picture had a beautiful delicate design that suits a wedding. This dress was a massive bubble of sequins and really nasty cheap material. The refunds and exchanges say that no sale items are refundable or exchangeable but everything on their site is discounted and 'on sale'. I am saddened that they are getting away with this! I have this stupid dress now and no refund and I wouldn't even wear it to a fancy dress party :(((((((( Thats what I get I suppose. Never buying online again.

nicolal
9/3/13

I ordered my wedding dress and it arrived within 2 weeks of ordering it... It is perfect. Communication with the site was fantastic, I sent an email and got one back the same day.. Cant fault this dress makers site...I got a custom made dress and when it arrived ,it fits like a glove, just perect, stunning.. Will definetly order from them again .I live in Australia

nancyw20
7/23/13

I ordered four bridesmaides dresses. The style of dress I ordered has a chiffon layer over satin. They arrived with bumps and bulges in the under layer that clearly showed under the chiffon due to poor construction. The seams in the bodice construction where unsightly and very unattractive. The entire top was different than what was depicted on the website, with the shoulder straps a full inch or more wider than what was shown, making the neckline totally different. If you sew, you know that these kinds of measurements can make drastic changes in the look of a bodice. I don't think it is possible that the pattern used (if one was used) to make this dress was even for the same dresses I ordered.
When I emailed for a full refund due to faulty construction and the fact that the dresses were not what I ordered not usable I was offered an 8% discount on my next order! (Like I would order anything from them again.) Every email I sent requesting a full refund was answered with an increase in the discount on my next order.
Their explaination for the dresses not being exactly as shown on the website was that "the dresses are handmade and not by the original designer". When I sent pictures of the faulty construction and that it was not what was ordered they answered with, "the dress looks lovely on you".
My advice is not to order anything from Fashionlande. What you see on the website is not what you get, and they are well aware that their products have faulty construction and not what is shown on their website and THEY DON'T CARE.

Only order products from this site if you like playing roulette.

karmak2
6/21/13

Ordered a wedding dress when it arrived it was 3 sizes to small at same time ordered a flowers girl dress when it arrived it was moldy was email working it out said they would give some money back but then stop replying to my emails so have gone to department of fair trading even looked it up for china and emailed them now just awaiting a response

main2
Expert Reviewer
6/20/13

Scrapping Website - Illegal, Stolen Trustmarks
- Site Using Fake or Fraudulent Trust Marks and Seals are key indicators of a Scam Site.
- Why trust a site that needs to Steal Trust Seals??? Where is the Trust coming from???
- Use these sites with caution, do not become their next victim.
- Fully read the "Warnings" and "Membership Terms and Conditions"

*=* Note: Major Security/Trust Seals/Icons commonly used by: BBB.org, McAfee, Thawte, TRUSTe, Trustwave, UpFront, VeriSign/Norton, and others should all have URL's linked to those Icon's. When clicked the URL should "Open" the "relevant sites Certificate or verification page"!!! If they don't, they are FAKE!!!

*-* Sites that do not subscribe to the Norton VeriSign, McAfee Secure, or other Trust/Secure services try to fool consumers/visitors by placing a stolen copy of the trustmark/seal on their website in order to give the appearance of "Trust" and "Security". This practice is called “Scrapping.”

*~* Why would you trust a site that needs to knowingly Steal Trust Seals? Which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business!

Illegal McAfee Secure Trustmark - Fake/Forged (site uses a JPG):
hxxp://www.fashionlande.com/includes/templates/template_australia/images/btn_mcafee.gif

claudiab6
5/20/13

I purchased a dress from this website some time ago and paid $150. The dress was the incorrect size when it finally arrived, and I was never able to return the dress or get my money back! It is a complete scam...DO NOT USE this WEBSITE. I have never received a response despite my 5 emails to them.

kimt12
4/25/13

I was looking up wedding dresses, and a website that showed up was weddingshopperth.com. I couldn't find any reviews for it, but I thought I would take the risk and buy two dresses from it (two because I loved both dresses and if one did not suit me, the other one might).
I then stumbled across fashionlande.com and realised it was the exact same website under a different name (weddingshopperth.com). I read the mixed reviews and resigned myself to hope for the best.
The first dress was a joke, it looked nothing like the photo. I wish they didn't bother making the dress, it is not designed to look good on any human being!
The second dress looked like the photo, but was still made so poorly, I don't think any amount of tailoring can make it look good.
The one positive is that it only took a month to arrive, so maybe I'll have time to find another wedding dress.
If anyone is curious, I can send photos (kimiatajoldini@hotmail.com)

kellyh35
1/3/13

This website is an absolute sham. They are criminals. I ordered my wedding shoes in August last year. It is now january and no shoes. I have asked for evidence that they sent the package and it was a dodgy number that I could not track. I have asked my money back since October and still have not received it after 4 emails. Save yourself the stress, so not buy from here, its like throwing your money out of the window. I was scammed $60 plus postage.

kiria
12/4/12

My dress was great! Nobody could believe it when I told them that I had ordered my dress online. Thank you so much for saving me money and helping me look beautiful on my wedding day.

kingm13
12/4/12

The gown was beautiful! It was received quicker than expected. Couldn't have asked for any better service! Would use them again.

maddens
12/4/12

I absolutely love and adore their dress! I just got my dress today and the way it fits me is unbelievable!!! I love love love your site

emmal5
4/20/12

I ordered 3 of these dresses and entered my own sizes. Yet when they arrived they were all the incorrect sizes and did not fit my bridesmaids. The sashes at the back were all out of place and not sitting as they do on the picture. I requested that my flower girl dresses match the colour of the bridesmaid dresses but they did not, when they arrived they were completely different colours. The company REFUSED to refund any money and did not want to help resolve the problem at all. I also ordered a Mother of the Bride outfit which was AWFUL. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY THEY WILL TAKE YOUR MONEY AND LEAVE YOU WITH POOR QUALITY DRESSES.

joeh23
Apprentice Reviewer
12/18/11

Where do I start with this site? Sadly, it's just another of these (hundreds) of Chinese "portal" type sites and many seem to be linked. Most have "addresses" in Beijing but that is thousands of miles away from where most of the factories are located. These sites facilitate hundreds of factories to sell their products outside China. The factories steal the images from designers and then make cheap inferior copies. I have pics of some of the "designer" dresses that have been bought by people on these sites. Most are not very good and many don't even look like the original.

I've work in this business for the last 15 years and have been in many Chinese factories so I've seen the good and the bad. As I said, there are HUNDREDS of similar "portal" sites (e.g. Tidebuy, Light in the Box, DinoDirect, Peridress, DHGate and many more) where factories (mostly small) sell their products online. Some of these factories are ok with reasonable quality but some are a disaster. I've seen factories set up in a dirty single room with about 3 - 5 workers. If you buy from one of these sites, you have no idea which factory you are buying from. So it is like a lottery.

If anybody wants a "heads up" on any site, feel free to contact me. No guarantee I can help but since I know this business, I should be able to point you in the right direction.

As pointed out by others, these sites even use fake VeriSign and AcAfee badges. This is just one small sign to watch out for. A reputable company should be contactable by phone, Skype or similar. And if you see the same images on site after site after site with a wide range of professional models and photographic styles, heads cut off or faces blurred, then it's time to get out of there. What you are looking at are stolen images and what you can expect is a cheap rip off!

brookem1
11/26/11

I got a dress through them and tho it was not exact it was perfect and will definately look to them for any other dresses I need. One of my friends also bought her dress online through this site and had no problems. email me bleedingxhuntress@hotmail.com and ill show you a pic.

tracym7
11/25/11

Do not order a dress from this company! The wedding dress we received was not the same as the picture they had on their site. The original dress had sleeves, ours did not. The boning at the front was causing unsightly bumps, and the lace-up at the back was causing bubbling. The width of the dress in the skirt was so narrow that it did not allow for any fullness when a hoop petticoat was worn. The shoulders of the dress were so big that they feel off the shoulder and down the arm, which was not a part of the design.

When we sent a letter of complaint and asked for a refund they said that because the measurements we sent them (bust, waist, and hips) were the same as the dress they sent that they could not give us a refund. Instead they offered us a 5% discount on our next purchase with them. This was laughable because there is no way I would ever purchase another dress from them. We have lost $250 of our hard earned money to these dishonest people.

alishas1
10/12/11

I have just got my dress from this website... VERY disappointed... I ordered a knee length dress yet I am standing on (it's longer than me), the colour is different, I also measured myself and made sure to order the right size yet it's too small. I have been back and forth with them and have got no where, all they say is I must have not measured myself right and I would not be getting a refund!!!! I also have friends that have ordered from this site they have also had a bad experience.I DO NOT RECOMEND THIS SITE TO ANYONE!!!!

nikkip1
8/7/11

I know there's a few differing opinions here, but i thought id add my experience too.

I ordered my dress on July 17, and opted to have it rush ordered, due to the reviews on this site. Exactly 11 working days later (the minimum tailoring time from processing) i got an email saying it was finished and being shipped that day. 2 working days later and it had arrived in Australia to my house.

the dress was a perfect fit, and exactly the colour i expected. the stitching quality was amazing, the beading exquisite. the fabric was as good a quality you can expect from the price your paying for it, seeing as its 30% of any retail prices here.

I'm terribly sorry for those that have had a bad experience with this website, but the dress i ordered was exactly as i expected and delivered in the minimum time stated on the website.

patb5
8/5/11

Ordered a ball gown on the 19th june 2011 and still no sight of it on the 7th august 2011, do i need to say more. I will never use these people again and will never recomend them either.

justynar
7/22/11

Hi
I have ordered 5 dresses from Fashionland and I'm very happy with the products. The dresses arrived on time, customer services was great. They always emailed me back the next day. The dresses looked a bit different from the pictures but you have to remember that they copy the dresses from designers and they never going to look exactly the same. Also the dresses are quite cheap so you get what you pay for. My dresses are beautiful and made from a very good quality material. I have ordered another 3 dresses and can't wait to see them. I'm definitely impressed with the company and their customer service. The sizes I ordered were also perfect. Will use them again and again in the future!!!

marissaw
6/20/11

I had ordered a dress a few weeks ago and just recently read these reviews. I was horrified; I was very close to stopping payment on my credit card. I ordered my dress on May 30th and received it (yes, it was rolled up in a ball) on June 20th. They were great with responding to my emails and my concerns. The dress is beautiful and looks just like the picture. It fits as if it were made to fit my figure, and that was without giving them my exact measurements. Overall, I was very happy with my experience using fashionlande.com.

erinr3
5/9/11

I too was freaking out after reading some terrible reviews on this site - but my gown turned up yesterday (in Australia) 4 days after they sent it! The dress is actually stunning, and very close to the original gown it's copied from. I tried on the original, couldn't afford it so decided to give Fashionlande a shot. It paid off! My gown seems very well made, and no one would know it's cheap - so I'm well pleased with my purchase.

Contact with Fashionlande was mostly good - sometimes they were a little slow to respond, but always did eventually - and apologised if there were any delays.
Definitely give yourself more time than needed to get the gown, mine was a few weeks later than the original anticipated timeframe - but they apologised and explained they'd been inundated etc, and even offered to refund me my money. My wedding isn't for another 9 months, I purposefully gave myself time to buy a replacement in the stores incase this didn't work out - so I didn't mind waiting an extra few weeks.

It seems like they're trying really hard to redeem themselves from some bad feedback - so I'm happy to say my experience has been a good one! If anyone wants pics, feel free to flic me an email: rowley.erin@gmail.com

myac
5/9/11

Okay, So I decided to do a test order and ordered the maid of honors dress. The communication with the company was not as good as I would had hoped at first but became much better upon ordering my second dress ( I thought what the hell might as well go big and order the actual wedding dress)

The only reason I went big on my second order is because the bridesmaids dress was absolutely perfect. I didn't see much of any stitching problem, and very much look like the picture. The color and material better than I expected as well. I tried on the dress myself and if I had my friends fuller figure I think would've looked perfect on me.

I will keep you posted on the other dresses I ordered. If my other dresses come out as great as this one, they really would have won a customer for life from me. The only reason I knocked off a star was for poor communication.

amandap6
5/7/11

We are 4 happy people for the 10 unhappy people, please keep them coming ladies. I know the girls that are happy hate that I cannot just leave it, but either can they so really? I was disappointed and I will continue to bash their customer service and lack of communication. Just like they were happy and will continue to applause their work. It allows a consumer to see both sides and proceed with caution. Since it is a gamble they should know what exactly they are gambling with.

minan
4/28/11

I ordered my wedding dress from fashionlande...it was $107.00 which once shipping was added came to about 132.00. anyway, I felt it was worth the risk due to the low cost of the dress...I haven't seen my dress anywhere for less than $900.00. I ordered my dress on February 12 and I received it mid April, I don't remember the exact date but I do know it was before April17. Anyway, the dress is BEAUTIFUL!!! It isn't exactly like the real deal but its so close it doesn't matter. Everyone who has seen my dress so far loves it. I am glad I took a chance on this site and would recommend it to others.

alysamy
4/27/11

Waited 8 weeks for my order of a green mother-of-bride dress to arrive. It came all tightly rolled and bundled up and wrapped in paper. What I got was absolutely disgusting - the stitching was amateurish, the sleeves were uneven, the embroidery and beading were a ghastly silver rather than green as advertised on their Website. Furthermore, they had not followed the measurements that I had given them.
I emailed Fashionlande.com immediately with supporting photos and a request for a Returns Authorisation and the returns address, but they never repsonded, even after 5 emails. Their 7-day return policy is bogus.
Feedback from other disappointed buyers seems to indicate that this is a shonky (dubious) business somewhere in China, hiding behind a glamourously-designed Website.

chriso1
EXPERT
4/18/11

When I saw the mass of comments about this one, I had to go read them and see what it was all about. I haven't used the site myself, wrong gender, horrified at the idea of marriage, and so forth, but I thought it might be helpful to sum up what we know about this one so far if you don't feel like reading all the past comment.

Well, we know it's a Chinese business, and since Chinese sites regard such things as normal practice, it has fake badges claiming that it's verified secure and all that. These are stolen and meaningless. It also uses images and probably text copied from other sites, to disguise the fact that what you see isn't what you get.

Delivery times are erratic and entirely unpredictable, so it's unwise to plan the wedding date before you get the dress.

This all tends to suggest we're looking at a very small business in China, hiding behind a fancy website which is largely made from other people's bits and pieces and topped off with a number of, how shall we say, false statements. For all I know it could be a family working from home. It certainly isn't one of the world's biggest bridal stores.

But, and surprisingly, they do seem to deliver. You don't get what you expected, but you do get something, and if you're lucky, it's a success and you look great in it. At worst, it doesn't fit and is nothing like the photo they used. In the vast majority of cases, it arrives up to many weeks beyond the predicted delivery time.

So you really need to look at this one with your eyes opened. It doesn't appear to be a scam, as such, which makes it better than most Chinese sites straight away. Occasionally, you get what you paid for first time around, if rather overdue. You must ask yourself, is this what you came to the site for? Is the value of what you really get, still going to be good enough despite any problems it might have? Knowing what you know, do you still want to stop here or shop around? Remember you're asking for something to be custom-made without the maker being able to try it on you or see you in it, or even show you how it's going along.

There are lots of great comments here and you'll find girls who have photos of themselves in the dresses they did get, and tales of the ones that didn't work out. Just don't forget the real nature of the business. An impressive website doesn't mean anything, especially in a country where the standards of manufacture aren't known to be impressive and it's good business to tell a few little tales, here and there.

margies1
4/18/11

i have sent them 6 emails asking for the status of my dress and they just don't reply. my son gets married in three weeks time and i have told them this in my emails but still no reply. they are a joke and not a very funny one. pay a bit extra and go elsewhere. margie.

chelseaw
4/14/11

I ordered my wedding dress on February 8th and after a long wait it arrived almost 8 weeks after I ordered it. None-the-less for the price it is wonderful :) It looks as close to the picture as I could have hoped for, the fabric is really wonderful quality, and I since I ordered it custom size I don't need any alterations. this is the dress I ordered http://www.fashionlande.com/bmz_cache/6/614dea6e2b43187e9d99fc7ef17993f4.image.340x500.jpg in white and seriously looks top notch! I would advise everyone to order well before you need your dress, my wedding is in November so I had plenty of time to spare. If you would like pictures please email me at glittergurl692 @ gmail.com (without the spaces in between, of course!) and I will be happy to email you pics. Good luck everyone!

jadeh1
3/29/11

Please could you email me the photos of your dresses girls i've just ordered 7 dresses from here and i'm starting to panic!!!!! jade.hamilton@btinternet.com

amandam9
3/28/11

I'm so dumb.. I wasn't happy with my dress at all. It looked nothing like the picture. The colour was different, it was way to big, the strap broke off, it was all round crap. But not learning from my mistake i bought a second dress. This time having the fit custom made. This made no difference. Doesn't look anything like the picture and even having it custom fit its to short and to big up the top. What a waste of $500

sarac6
3/28/11

just today I received my dress, it is not sewn wrong, I loved it

teresar2
3/16/11

I ordered a formal dress, arrived but oh goodness, 4cm too small, very uneven hemline, very poor quality material and marks over it , do not buy from here and now I am worried about my credit card too
Stick with a shop you can try the dress on and get service for returns. They do not honour there returns policy even though i took photos and did what they askked, I have now been ignored
Good luck to everyone

evelynw2
3/14/11

I purchased a wedding dress from fashionlande.com. Fortunately well in advance of my wedding. The dress arrived in a timely fashion but was made for a much larger woman and was a different design to the dress advertised. The material was also very poor quality. I have had a lengthy correspondence with them and even though they have agreed that they made a mistake they have not refunded my money. I would advise not to use this company, or to be honest any similar due to the poor product.

dianel3
3/5/11

Please don't order any dress for this site. Two months later, no dress no money no email telling me where my dress is. Don't waste your time and money like I did.

pennym2
3/2/11

I purchased a bridesmaid dress from Fashionlande and am absolutely disgusted by it, it's the most hideous dress I've ever seen (I'm not over-exaggerating). It's NOTHING like the photo on their website, it's blood red not burgundy, the stitching was puckered, the dress is longer at the back than the front, it is much larger than the measurements I gave them, and it has these horrible cardboard fake boob things in the chest. I followed their returns policy to the letter, providing photos and evidence that the measurements were wrong etc. They sent a reply saying that they were away for Chinese New Year until 10th Feb, but since then just don't reply to any of my emails. I'm SO glad the other bridesmaids didn't order their dresses until I received mine. Considering just how bad the dress is, I would have to assume that any positive review of Fashionlande that you see has to be written by one of their employees.

nikkid2
2/23/11

This is the worst dress I have ever seen the buttons are sewed backwards this people are beginers or the their children did this I paid $270.00 for a dress off this website luckly I paidto paypal and now Im disputing this claim through paypal to get my money back I will never ever advise anyone to use the site if you at all love your self stay away from fashionlande.com. VERY POORLY MADE DRESS.

samanthap3
2/20/11

this is the most horrible experience i have had with online shopping! SHOPPERS BEWARE!! they tell you they are professional but when you get the garment you won't be able to wear it.. the dresses look like they were made by someone learning to sew!! they tell you the dresses are customed made.. inddeed they are made by a 10 year old learning basic stiches.. i ordered 5 dresses and it seems like they got them from another company and then try to cut them down to the meet the measurements.one of the dresses is so big it can't fit the little girl

i tried emailing them after i got the dresses to let them know i want to return and no response to this day

sophien
EXPERT
1/30/11

This site is using fake Verisign AND McAfee badges. You know what they say, if one thing is fake, everything else probably is too. Buyer beware!

aprilr
1/26/11

I Can't find any reviews about this site. I don't know if it is a scam or not.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FashionLande staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: hi, i bought 3 bridemaids dresses bot 2weeks ago, got a email 2day stated that dey a delivered nd i wil receive dem within 5-10days. afta finding this site im soooo worried, due avin two children under d age of 2 and myslf/partner r unemployed we cant afford to spend money on wasteful stuff. im not getin married until oct nxt yr, bu i also found a wedding dress i really love bu im to nervous to chance it... if anybody ere av pictures of actual dresses dey recieved gud or bad, wud ye mind sending me a pic to my email. awynne67431@hotmail.com, plz and tnk u n advance!!!
10/14/11
heathers3
A: My friend got so burned by one of those bridal online places she didn't get her dresses in time for the wedding and they just kept her money. I would be very careful...if you do use them have a back up just in case.
7/13/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FashionLande staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?