US Government’s NSF

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

simons78
5/24/16

Booked flight in new zealand and they charged me in usa dollars BIG difference. nowhere was it mentioned until receipt came through and too late to change as late booking. never ever had this before and I travel extensively.

total <*&$ ers

klaudiak2
2/1/16

Never ever ever use this website! It's very inaccurate, basically a scam. Customer service is even worse.

johh4
12/30/15

I READ SO MANY BAD REVIEW, I RATHER PAY FEW EXTRA DOLLARS

zoiae
10/17/15

Spammers, Bombing with 2 emails a day.

stephans5
1/5/15

Worst customer service I have experienced in a long time- After being on hold for upwards of 40 minutes, I was disconnected in the midst of changing my flight and not called back. I proceeded to call back 4 more times and was disconnected every single time, and when I finally got in touch with a representative I was put on hold for an additional 20+ minutes after inquiring on a single question. I was told I would receive a call from the supervisor as well, which also did not happen. I will NEVER book with them in the future.

jackp10
7/8/13

most flights are not even valid just pushing to a website with more expensive tickets than they pretend to have. wasted my time.
should only search for flights that are valid. clearly using old data and not checking live prices. seems like a ploy to get you to use the site and then they get the benefit of bringing potential customers to a new website that clearly doesnt have the offer that farecompare.com pretends they do have.

awful site

boilingm
11/4/12

Like the rating says, "STAY AWAY" from Farecompare.com!
I made a reservation for a hotel stay and just after I hit the Reserve button, I realized I booked the wrong date. So I cancelled the reservation and REBOOKED the hotel for the correct date WTHIN 3 MINUTES of my first reservation. Well, Farecompare.com says I HAVE to pay the $25 cancellation fee, even though I rebooked it WITH THEM WITHIN MINUTES OF THE CANCELLATION! Its not like anyone else would have lost out on the booking at the time. I was booking a reservation to a hotel which had an over 50% vacancy rate! I called customer service and asked to speak with the manager who insisted that the $25 change has no exceptions! LAST TIME I am using Farecompare!!!! If you use them, DONT MAKE ANY MISTAKES! IT WILL COST YOU! And to TOP IT ALL OFF, the "deal" that they gave me was cheaper elsewhere! Farecompare.com is a "prey on the innocent people" website who MAKES MONEY on YOUR mistakes!

michaell
8/20/11

A sophisticated airfare comparison site which differentiates itself on the amount of data it searches and the speed at which it is able to process and present the results. It has the most airlines and search options of all the travel comparison sites I've seen and even pops up multiple windows to other meta-search engines so that you can compare the results. Another neat feature is the ability to sign up for real-time email alerts on price drops for preselected routes.

They are also known to mine the vast amounts of data to which they have access and perform advanced analytics to understand how and when prices fluctuate. The site publishes these findings in a series of very helpful travel advice articles, explaining to consumers not only the best days to travel, but also the best days to *purchase* tickets. It's definitely worth visiting this site even if just to gain greater insight into how the airline industry works.

michaelm27
3/14/11

Many routes show up on their page at prices "as low as", "from" or "starting at". Even clicking one of them leads you to input a search for route and travels dates, and requires you to select 3 services from 6 or more listed. These listed sights are - themselves - ALSO fare search services, some of which ALSO compare multiple search services. I have tried every selection option available and I can NEVER - as in NEVER EVER - find an actual opportunity to purchase the fares listed on FARECOMPARE's webpages. I find this to common of MANY sites of this nature. We called this "BAIT & SWITCH" in my day! Where is the FTC or the State Attorney when you need them.

jonc
11/11/07

fantastic site -- tracks fares over time - very cool site. i've never actually bought a ticket through them, but it's great for tracking airfares over time. there's also a cool feature where you can see the different airfares to an entire region.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FareCompare staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/8/15
Answer
joes563
A: I was quoted in $ by orbitz through farecompare when I saw my creditcard bill they overcharged me by $ 80 just a scam to get more money out of you
4/20/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
10/27/15
Answer
joes563
A: no they will charge you one price and when you pay by credit card they charge you more
4/20/16