US Government's NSF

71 Reviews for Fandango.com

▼ Sort by: recent

tomc66
9/13/14

I would NEVER put anyone I love through the pain of dealing with this B.S. scam! The one good thing is that I receive the gift cards as gifts and I've never spent my hard earned money on this and lost it. The convenience fee is a total crock of $#*! because you can't even use the card at the box office. Seriously? Umm, hint for the $#*!s at Fandango: When you are scamming people out of their hard earned money don't make it so obvious. The fact that you can't use at the concession stand is a joke and the fact that you can't access the left over money on the card...Seriously $#*!tiest gift cards I've ever dealt with.....

Tip for consumers: Tip: just give cash don't buy gift cards if avoidable

movieg1
9/12/14

This whole operation is bogus! I bought gift cards for my wife and some friends and I kept a few for myself. The first time we used my wife's card, it took quite a while, but I finally was able to redeem it. Of course, the tickets actually cost much more than the face value by the time we added the convenience fee. The next time that I tried to buy tickets, neither of my remaining cards would work. I finally decided to lick my wounds and sacrifice the cost of the cards. When I tried to do a review on Fandango.com, I found that their review system is a bit different. As soon as I selected the first star, all of them lit up and it registered as a high review! Once again....Bogus....stay clear!

samuelr20
9/2/14

WOW
I can barley afford to take my kids to the movies as is, but to have FanDANGo keep $33, was hard to take. They do not have a refund policy, except that you HAVE to purchase within Two weeks and then send an Email for them to Decide if you get your money back.
I allowed my 14 YO son to set us up for a Movie purchase thru FanDANGo and he mistakenly purchased tickets for a Theater with the correct name, but its in IL and we live in GA. We immediately contacted fanDANGo and found out we lost the money. I had to take the boys to the movie after telling them that we were going to SPLURGE and go to the movies. So the Night at the Movies cost me have my Electric Bill money. I will never do business with fanDANGo again and I wouldn't suggest trying it.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. You can use other sites or purchase at the kiosk and still not have to stand in line. We need to detour companies from stealing from customers.

catherinel17
9/1/14

Company charged my PayPal account and then couldn't deliver the tickets either by print or text. Said their system did not show the confirmation number they emailed me. Said they would forward to a refunds department that would respond in 7-10 days. Have heard nothing and this is day 10. No one there seems to have any authority to do anything other than "pass along."

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FANDANGO.

brianh88
8/21/14

FANDANGO puts the DANG into your online ticket buying experience. Terrible customer service. Hidden fee ($2.50), and no refunds!!!! The worst!

Tip for consumers: Avoid. Buy your tickets at the theatre since you have to stand in the same lines to pick up your Fandango tickets anyway.

kellyh56
8/18/14

My brother got me a gift card for my birthday, otherwise I never would have used it. Thought I could pay at the theatre, NOPE. I was annoyed, although admittedly it does say it on the fine print on the back of the card. Then, when I ordered tickets online, I was charged a "convenience" fee. Convenient for their bank accounts, I guess. Then, when I went to use the remainder on the gift card a few months later, the website couldn't process it at that time. Very disappointed, and it sucks that the fee they charge cuts into the gift, and now I don't even know if I'll be able to use the remainder of this gift card. I would have liked it if I could use it for concessions, too.
I will never order through Fandango again.

davidc161
8/16/14

Well, my first experience was not good with Fandango. I purchased a ticket online and then went to the theatre with my credit card as instructed. I thought I had the right machine but I ended up buying yet another ticket with the same credit card. Really, it should not be so easy to screw up. I might have to use this service again, but I really fear paying twice.

Tip for consumers: 1) Be absolutely sure you have the right theatre selected (it is there, but not as obvious as it should be). 2) Be absolutely sure you hand over the credit card to the right will call place when you get to the theatre.

nikib2
8/9/14

Absolute worst service ever. No refunds, no matter what. Completely f*'d up the opportunity for my boyfriend and me to see a movie even though I paid for it. Just because I accidentally ordered tickets to the wrong theater.

finam
8/8/14

Fandango Gift card disappointment-- "processing a fee"
"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. Majority retailors honor their gift cards as such! What a Rip-Off -- I will not recommend buying Fandango Gift cards.

nimeshk
8/6/14

This the worst website ever, please do not buy online ticket from this website. I bought it and they booked incorrect ticket and they are not refunding or changing the ticket

carissat
8/2/14

Horrible service, no refunds once so ever and my promo code said redeemed but it was not. I am so pissed at this service and I will never use them again. There is no going back once you buy a ticket for them. Just go to the theater

caroll15
7/9/14

I will never use Fandango again. I was not please that they charged me almost the price of a ticket just to process my order. That is ridiculous. I just made a purchase of several tickets for myself and several friends I wanted to treat.I assumed I could distribute the tickets to my friends individually, as we were all arriving at different times, from different parts of town.

When I went to print my tickets they were ALL on one sheet!! I contacted Fandango to see what I could do about it...NOTHING!!! We all had to arrive at one time and enter at one time in order to get in on this one ticket. What BS!

Seriously? Since when do numbers of professionals arrive anyplace at the same time? Get with the 21st century, Fandango. And for this you charged me almost the amount for another ticket?

What's the benefit?

As it turns out, we now have to miss the movie because one person was coming late.Since we ALL must wait for her, what's the use of having these tickets?

marias63
7/6/14

I tried to use previously purchased Groupons to buy tickets, but was not able to redeem them. Then I had to pay a service charge of $1.25 per ticket, so it cost me $7.50 for the inconvenience of buying tickets through this site. If I had not been given a couple of these giftcards, I never would have used this site. Also, I still need to go to the box office to get my tickets. Total waste of time.

dennisp29
6/2/14

I purchased two tickets to see a movie and Fandango did not send the tickets to my phone. We were unable to enter the theater and had to purchase a second set of tickets. I have contacted Fandango twice and they refuse to issue a refund for the tickets that they failed to deliver. Do not deal with this company, they refuse to refund money when they do not deliver the product purchased. I have filed a dispute with paypal and am awaiting the result.

joeb114
5/24/14

I used Fandango to purchase movie tickets ahead of traveling to the out of town theater thinking it would save me time avoiding the box office. Instead, I still had to visit the box office window and the ticket agent had to type in my code, wait for confirmation and print us tickets despite the printed form I presented. It would have been slightly faster to just pay at the box office and Fandango charged me a fee for their service. Complete waste of time and money!

ts77
5/24/14

I have used the Visa Signature 20% offer which saves a little bit of money. I have used the Fandango website more than a dozen times and I have never once had an uneventful transaction. The website either states that an unknown error has occurred or something else. Customer service is responsive but their website is really totally absolutely positively awful. I'd stay clear of it except to check movie times.

davidd93
5/21/14

I use this site to look up movie times ONLY. Purchased tickets once and was pretty surprised to see their service fee. Never again.

dabt
5/21/14

handy source of show times and info but don't buy tickets there. They charge a hefty convenience fee (buried in the fine print) and dealing with their customer service its obvious they are just trying to brush people off.

sharonr12
4/22/14

I paid $29 for 2 tickets to see "Noah" at the IMAX theater in Grand Blanc, MI. My companion came down with pneumonia and we were unable to go...I called the day before the showing. Fandango told me they would refund my money the next time I bought tickets from them (within a limited time)...I then spent another $19 for tickets to see 'Draft Day'. I called them about the refund. They then told me they were not going to refund my money, it was not their policy. This is the poorest and dishonest website I have ever dealt with. I am a big internet shopper, but this is the worst site I have ever heard of !! Customer beware! Warn you friends and organizations about this rip off.

gc15
3/31/14

Fandango reserved my tickets in the wrong state, so I didn't get to see the movie, and Fandango refused to in any way refund the service fee they charge for the tickets. The theater in the other state actually gave me my money for the movie I could not see, and they said they frequently get calls from people who gave Fandango money for a movie in the wrong state.

craigm45
3/20/14

They have the worst customer service ever. My daughter purchased tickets without my permission and then on the next day tore her ACL in a lacrosse game. I called twice, first on the unauthorized purchase, then on the torn acl, and they refused to refund the purchase. I contacted my credit card company and refused the authorization. Don't know the outcome, bur I can tell you theat Brandy..is terrible!
Dont ever use them...

danielp38
3/17/14

Worst customer service ever! I made a mistake buying tickets online. I contacted customer service through their costumer office website for a refund, I told them that I have to go with my wife to the hospital and will not be able to go to the move. They promised a response and a refund within 7 Day. Finlay I cold the office of customer service and I was told that will be no refund, the situation I have for not attending the move is not so problematic to request a refund.
Do not bay tickets from this side.

rachelc18
3/10/14

TERRIBLE customer service, do not waste your money.
My daughter got the book seriers Divergent, 2 of the books had peelable stickers to redeem for $8 toward a movie ticket. Once it was peeled the codes were not there, like they had been imbedded in the cover of the book. I contact their customer service and repeatedly send emails with 2 attached pictures of the coupons. everytime it sends back saying no attachments. I talked to a guy on the phone, he was NO help at all. I asked him to take my number and he said well I can't call you back. and their email is so poor that you have to fill out your reply in a specific part of the email or they will not get it. Epic fail.

jonm42
3/9/14

Worst website on the internet. Wants you to open your computer to ALL cookies, which causes a security breach, then won't let you login - even if you try 2 browsers. Had to drive 10 miles to the theater in St. Louis to buy tickets in advance. AMC is nuts for using Fandango. I'll never waste my time with Fandango again. They have no posted help line, but theater gave it to me: Fandango support number is 866-857-5191. But they are as useless to talk to as their website is to use. I probably have opened up my computer to all kinds of security breaches and still couldn't buy tickets. I've logged into 25 other websites for my work in the past 2 days and had problems with NONE of them. Fandango stinks.

daveg32
3/5/14

When someone buys a card, and gives as a gift, then we find that the number doesn't work 3 months later....and worst of all there is no place to fix this from FANDANGO website.

I would feel terrible going back to the gift'er..."hey your card doesn't work".

These electronic cards are useless...use cash, or take them out with you.

I just have to say it.....Fandango cards SUCK!

lisah71
3/2/14

Won a Fandango gift card at work - what a scam! You cannot use the gift card at the movie theater - tickets HAVE to be purchased online so there is no way to avoid the $1.25 INconvenience fee. Ridiculous! Plus I can only actually buy tkts through Fandango for one chain in my area - none of the others even accept them. The other theaters must already realize what a rip-off it is for their patrons. If I was planning to give a movie gift card I would buy one for the movie chain itself.

mistera
2/21/14

Worst customer service ever! My daughter made a mistake buying tickets online. I contacted customer service through their website. They promised a response within 24 hours. After getting no reply after 4 days, I sent another message. Again, not response, then they declared my problem "SOLVED" (yes, they wrote it in caps).

And, of course, they kept the money. They are horrible. Just horrible. I will never use Fandago again.

stevent29
2/14/14

I searched and booked a movie For Feb 14th. The Movie did not even open till the 14th. My tickets were made for the 13th. I tried to call them and was on hold for 2 hours then I was hung up on. I tried the live chat and after a 1.5 hour hold I was disconnected in 15 seconds. The website will not allow emailed questions and answers to go through. All in all this is the worst service provider I have ever used. about 4 hours of my time wasted trying to get the tickets straightened out and I was NEVER able to communicate with anyone!!!

The BBB should shut this servers provider down!!!!!

maddiem2
2/13/14

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. They actually tried to make me purchase more tickets in order to get a refund.

mikes205
2/10/14

DO NOT BUY TICKETS from these crooks. If you will not be able to go to the movie you will lose all your money. I bought 5 tickets for my kid and 4 other kids for a movie, and the date by mistake was chosen wrong. Right after the purchase, I chat with them and NO REFUND with this suckers. DO NOT BUY ONLINE> Just go to the theater bit early and by tickets there you'll save extra bucks that these crooks call "Convenience fee" or suckers fee. Save that and your peace of mind.

I gave one star because there is not MINUS (or negative) stars. YOU"LL lose your happy event in case of a situation like mine.

They are the worst ever crooks, suckers and ........s in the ticketing business. There is nothing for them to prevent making a refund for us. Tickets are cheaper at the theater (Less suckers fee). so go to the theater buy your tickets there whenever you are ready and have a HAPPY MOVIE.

I will post this message for all everywhere so others will save their bucks from these MFs.

markl78
2/9/14

I wish I had read the reviews for Fandango before buying the gift cards. What a mistake! Basically 25% of the value of my $25 gift card is eaten up by convenience fees. This is a huge rip off and the company should be ashamed of itself.

garyv11
2/2/14

Yes, I made the mistake of buying these $25.00 cards for xmas gifts thinking they were cards you could use at the theater. Not only are you going to pay a convenience fee but you'll be be paying allot more for the actual tickets. My senior parents usually pay $13.00 for two tickets. Fandago will charge 19.00 + the Fees ! And this is if they even offer tickets for the theater and movie you want to see. I really feel duped. Never Again!

gandmaraf
2/1/14

Same experience as others below. Fandango claimed that AMC Van Ness 14 had reserved seating, so I was willing to pay the extra convenience fee. Fandango's process very cleverly says "At the end of your purchase process for a reserved seat on Fandango, you will be provided with a specific seat number on your confirmation page that will be waiting for you when you get to the theater". Which of course turned out to be a lie, and since it's the END of the purchase process you have already paid for the ticket. Talk about "this way to the egress". Never booking again through these hucksters.

rayf14
1/26/14

DO NOT USE Fandango. We received a Fandango gift card as a gift, and tried to use at the theatre, but were informed that it could only be used online. When we used it online, they charged us $1.25 per ticket as a "convenience fee". This is a rip-off. The $25 gift card turned out only being worth $21.25 - the remaining $3.75 went to "convenience fees".

judiet
1/20/14

We received a Gift Card for Christmas but it is not a gift card but rip off. You must purchase tickets on line and pay a $2.50 convenience fee which makes to cost of using the card about twice what we normally pay at the first play of the day ($10.50) vs $19.50 for two tickets at the first play of the day. I don't feel this site deserves any rating at all but you cannot choose a "no rating"

sa8387
1/19/14

If you like getting completely $#*!ing ripped off and dealing with the most embarrassing excuse for "customer service" EVER, then Fandango is just for you!
I'd rather walk through every circle of hell getting raped by demons than deal with them again.
My entire family, friends, and facebook have all agreed to ban Fandango. There are so many other options available to the public there should be no excuse to use them.
Save yourselves.

johnh210
1/18/14

the worst experience ever. got a fandango gift card for xmas.tried to buy tickets for an amc theater,didn't know that you had to change the url from express to redvines but first had to call fandango to obtain these instructions. oh i forgot that you had to go to faq to learn the code for amc was 769. still couldn't buy tickets. called fandango and after a 25 minute wait i spoke with a very pleasant lady who told me that where the website asks for the card code you actually have to put the claim code.NEVER AGAIN. this movie better be good

michelel8
12/31/13

Avoid Fandango gift cards. Fandango gift cards can only be used at the few theaters which do online ticketing (and these are also the most expensive theaters). Can't get through to customer service without being on hold 20 minutes minimum. The website isn't user friendly, even the tickets couldn't print right. I had to drive 1/2 hour to use mine and when you factor in the convenience fees for each ticket and the higher ticket prices at participating theaters, I spent $29 ($7.25/tkt) to use my $15 gift card, only saved me $6 (compared to the $5/ticket at my local theater on discount Tuesday) and that $6 I saved barely paid for the gas to and from that far away theater. And I was lucky with that because all the other theaters 1/2 hr away didn't even have discount tuesday and tkts would have cost $9.25 each... so for those it would have cost more, than if I just threw away the gift card and went local.

lorie18
12/26/13

Never never never give anyone one of this cards! They will never be able to use all the money that's on the card unless they keep adding tickets and then have to pay for the rest. Can't use it to buy popcorn or anything else! Wish I would have know this before I got this card!!

stephens57
12/21/13

Fandango advertised 'seat selection when you complete your purchase' for opening day of Mandela at Loews Broadway. Upon completion of the $29 purchase, no seats were offered for selection. The theater confirmed that there was NO seat selection available for that movie, despite the fact that the Fandango website said there was. A remarkably dense customer service person at Fandango couldn't understand that this was a problem created by Fandango, not my change of mind about the movie, but a supervisor through her told me to expect at $29 refund in about a week. Instead, I received a form email saying there are no refunds, tough. I wrote back explaining this yet again, and received a 'we're going to close out your service request' email rather than either fixing their mistake or, at least, displaying an indication that they even understood it. I am stunned at how bad Fandango's customer service is, much less how unwilling they are to correct their error. Of course, we won't use them again. Is it fraud or just negligence plus stupidity? Who knows, but who cares. They stink.

dough20
12/9/13

They had "technical difficulties" that made them unable to actually deliver our tickets, but which still allowed them to take $66 from us. Not only did we get no tickets, but they double charged us. Then they won't give a refund, and say we have to go to the theater for the refund. But of course they keep the "service charge." I've contacted them twice, and that is the only answer I get. Goodbye money. Definitely going out of my way never to use Fandango again.

wendib
12/5/13

I purchased two tickets to 4-Star Cinema (two weeks ago) as a gift for my boyfriend on his birthday through Fandango. The day of, he realized that he would not be able to make the showing. I called 4-Star requesting a refund and was told that I would have to go through Fandango.
I went onto the Fandango website and was directed to "live chat." I waited over an hour and a half for a representative. Once the rep became available, she told me she would have to call 4-star. I waited an additional 20 minutes for her to do so. Once she returned, I was told that 4-star did not offer refunds, only credits, and that I would have to contact them about it directly.
Once the "live chat" ended I went back onto the 4-star site and filled out a digital form regarding the issue and asking for some sort of compensation or option. I even pasted the "live chat" conversation into the request.
4-Star never got back to me. We never made the showing and I was forced to eat the $18.

markc76
12/3/13

Fandango displays a ticket price and then changes it AFTER you've pressed the final 'purchase' button. They call the extra charge a 'convenience fee'. I might agree to pay the fee IF they told me about it before charging my CC. They are NOT TRUSTWORTHY. I won't do business with them again.

brookem4
11/30/13

I had a promotional code from groupon that was going to expire. I attempted to use it. It was applied but due to an error with my CC, when I reentered the information, it was removed. When I contacted customer service right after (Karen), they advised me to go to the theater for the refund. They didn't mention that the convenience fee would not be refunded. I got the refund from the movie theater but not the fee. When I contacted fandango about it, this time speaking to Brittany (must more intelligent), I was advised that what Karen told me was correct procedure since the theater does the refund and basically, it wasn't Karen's job to tell me that the convenience fee was not refundable since its in the purchasing policy. I then spoke to a supervisor who advised he couldn't refund. I don't know what supervisor doesn't have the ability to process a refund. I work for customer service and I know if a customer contacts you, you need to tell the customer everything, not leaving any important information (such as the fee won' t be refunded) out.

vickid4
11/23/13

I was not told about the $5 "convenience" charge until the order was already completed. There was no way to cancel it. Had I known about the charge, I would NOT have ordered the tickets online.

claralieneg
11/20/13

My niece purchased 5 tickets and was charged $1.25 each. The ticket office was closed because they were short staffed per the Theater Manager. She had to stand in the concession stand line and wait behind those purchasing tickets, popcorn, soda, candy. She was denied her request for a refund of $6.25 from Fandango for the inconvenience. They don't care about customer service

stephanies35
11/14/13

Not refunding back my money is considering stealing. First of all, I did not ask for a refund if you follow the conversation below. All I wanted was a simple switch from Danvers, MA to Revere, MA Since that's where I live I wanted to go see the movie in Revere just because I wanted to be on time picking up my kids after the movie because traffic would have been bad when it was time to go home. What ever you're company is doing is unfair to your customers. Why you want to make unsatisfied customers? why is my business good enough for you? Why you don't want to your customers to keep coming back. Rules are rules yes everything should have rules, but please tell me why instead of granting me the simplest request to go to a nearest theater but you rather keep my money for no service and that is STEALING FROM YOUR CUSTOMERS. How will your business grow when nobody has anything good and positive to say about you? I demand an answer back and a transfer to Revere theater.

lizp10
11/2/13

I was given a gift card and the only way to redeem it is through their website with a $1.25 "convenience" fee per ticket. Then, the so-called printable ticket at home (to supposedly avoid theater lines) is also plainly and simply, a lie. It's merely a printable scan bar and confirmation number that MUST be exchanged for an actual ticket printed by the theater itself which means, you guessed it, waiting in a line. There is nothing convenient about Fandango gift cards and besides, I'd like to know who they believe has done any work for that $1.25 to cover exactly? Then to be blatantly lied to about the ticket exchange process is unacceptable. If I ever owe someone I don't particularly like a gift, I'll be sure it's a Fandango gift card.

grahamb30
10/23/13

Fandango is great - until it is not. Then, their attitude is "we have your money, you are not getting it back and you are on your own." The Fandango web site clearly said that a movie had reserved seating and also said that the ability to choose seats would come at the end of the purchase process. The purchase process ended without an opportunity to chose seats - first Fandango claimed that their web site did not say that reserved seats were offered. They backed away from that when I sent them the link of the page that showed reserved seating. Next, they claimed that the theater was responsible, not Fandango, for Fandango's web site. Then, they simply said "We are sorry you are frustrated" and clicked off of the support chat link. No one should every use this company!!!

melanies16
10/20/13

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME OR MONEY !!!!!!!!!!
Attempted to redeem my gift card for 2 tickets. Trying to do this thru their website is a Nightmare ! I eventually called customer support which seems to enjoy making the customer believe it is their fault. I then spoke to a manager, more of a waste of time. I demanded a refund check ( not another card ) and informed him that if I did not receive this within a week I would report them to the Better Business Bureau.
I will NEVER use Fandango again and will discourage everyone else also.

Best Movie Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber