US Government's NSF

12200 West Olympic Blvd, Suite 400
Los Angeles, CA 90064
Tel: 866-857-5191
unsubscribe@fandango.com

People interested in Fandango are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

I received a gift card and tried to purchase a movie online on my laptop. (in 58 reviews)

dabt

handy source of show times and info but don't buy tickets there. (in 124 reviews)

finam

"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. (in 18 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

marcb43
8/27/15

Fandango treats customers very poorly, and are very nasty people to talk with. In my case they said I had a credit card dispute with them and blocked my use of their website, including the use of pre-paid gift cards. It turns out that I never had made any purchases from Fandango at all, they just said my account would be re-activated, no reason, no apology.

yungd1
8/26/15

Beware of their "Website" Glitches which steals your money or selects the wrong show w/ no refunds or exchanges. This website is HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!!!!!! I placed a order for a bunch of tickets adding up to $90 on my Card and somehow their website says my "Zip Code" was invalid which caused the transaction to not go through "supposedly" but when I checked my bank statement, I Noticed that Fandango still took the $90 out of my account. I proceeded to call Fandango's Customer Service line where I was blamed for entering the wrong Zip Code when I am 100% sure that the Zip Code I entered was valid. Don't Loose Your Money to Fandango!!!!!!! They are a Legit.... Rip Off!

idenap
8/22/15

Very disappointed with their service. I purchased tickets for the wrong day and it was 1 hour and 45 minutes from the movie and they would not exchange my tickets. I wanted the tickets for the following day. I did not ask for a refund, just wanted to switch days and no one would help. The mistake was noticed literally as soon as I clicked purchase. I called, chatted on line and sent an email with no resolution. Well I hope there $22 response was worth it cause now they lost my business forever.

ac523
8/20/15

I must admit that Fandango as a company has it's faults, yes. However, SEVERAL of you here complain and complain about the company robbing you of money when the issue was yours to begin with! I don't know about the rest of you, but before I ever complete a purchase online, I review every single detail about my purchase as well as the policy. I don't see what is so hard for you people to simply just read. I am sure that is what you all went to school for. With that being said. In the future when you do happen to make a purchase on any web site. Please read all details before you go off on a tangent and rant about the 'company's mistake' when it was your own ignorance.

danielj48
8/20/15

I got a coupon for donating blood. I've had it for about a month and finally got time to go to the movies. I went to the site to redeem the coupon, put in my zip code, and instead of giving me a list of theaters to choose from or linking me to the theater which is LITERALLY a minute drive from my house, I was referred to a theater over twenty minutes away which doesn't have free parking. Naturally, I didn't know I got my ticket from the wrong theater until I got the text message on how to redeem my ticket.

After waiting over 20 minutes, I finally got ahold of someone at customer service and all they did was refund me the difference I paid for the ticket. Not only would they not just give me a ticket for the correct theater but I wasn't given a refund for the "convenience charge" so I'm worse off now than I was before! All because their website stupidly doesn't pick the closest theater and the location doesn't stand out. Thanks for nothing, Fandango!

yourm9
8/14/15

What a HORRID company with a terrible website! These people are the absolute worst, I will never order anything from them again. I ordered tickets for a Friday, and there website is so bad, it set the date for Thursday (the day I ordered). I called them to fix the issue and they were no help at all. The person I spoke with was obviously someone in India who I could barely understand, just great!! They would not switch the ticket dates or provide a refund. I even disputed my credit card transaction because, why should I pay when the goods/services were not received? They won. $#*!s!!! Burn in hell Fandango, your reviews SUCK, you should be shut down as a company and all your idiot employees should not even have jobs. Go suck it you incompetent pieces of $#*!!!!

hishamb1
8/13/15

Make sure you read their agreement that their lawyers wrote if you want to get your money back. Even if you accidentally purchased tickets at the wrong movie theater because their website made it very discrete that you were clicking on a theater they were promoting. Instead of selecting my movie theater and seats on the following screens, I got a purchase confirmation". When I canceled and requested a refund, I got my money back minus $2.70. When I called, they said it was a "convenience fee" and that I should have read the agreement. They conveniently stole my money.

zacharyh24
8/6/15

Missed my movie, my fiancee couldn't make it for the 7:30 show.......Fandango "WOULD NOT' give a credit for another shgow.............lost $25.00 dollars!!!!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

matto12
8/5/15

Purchased tickets online. Entered the gift card number and saw the discount! I then proceeded to pay for the balance. All was good until l checked my account later that day and saw that the gift card never applied! I called customer service and they said that there was nothing that they could do for me. They would not credit me the gift card because I already used the tickets. I guess shame on me for not checking my account before heading off to the movies, but shame on the Fandago system for not working.

andreww93
7/31/15

Got one of those stupid movie ticket coupons off a movie I bought from target. Decided I mine as well use it since I am seeing this movie anyway. After jumping through hoops for 10 min to activate the stupid code and then take a survey and then Input the real code, I realized the coupon saved me 5 bucks and the "convenience fee" was even more then that! What's the point of a coupon that only makes you pay more money! No thanks, I will buy my tickets at the theater

mayat6
7/31/15

Worst Customer Service, slow website, keeps giving me error message when I tried to purchase. When I asked to cancel my purchase and refund, they declined and when I told them I will dispute through my CC company, they said they will block me. Hah! Good riddance.

commons3
7/28/15

to all the peraons that say oh the website magically changed the performance of the movie, you are liars, fandango give you two chances to review your purchase details to see if that is exactly what you want. You people do not read, the Customer care reps have a strict policy which they must uphold if they wanna keep their jobs so stop being such idiots and read. Also the purchase and refund/exchange policies are there for you to read, the customer care reps can not change the policies neither can the manager, write to corporate if you have a big problem with it....

crystalo5
7/27/15

I used Fandango to purchase tickets to a movie 30 minutes prior to the movie started. Missed the movie. In most cases companies give your a refund with no problem or at the very least credit/voucher. They did not even respond to my email request for a refund until a weeks after I filed a report on the Better Business Bureau. Still no refund :(

shaynao1
7/20/15

Their website for purchasing is NOT very user friendly.
I purchased a ticket for the incorrect day, as I was expecting to be promted to chose a date.
I contacted Fandago via their website. NO response after 72+ hours. I "Live Chatted" with a "Representative" who claimed they could not credit my account because "The movie theater would be out the money." Uh, no they won't. They HAVE my money, I just paid for a movie TWICE!
After asking to speak with a "supervisor" I was turned away.

I went directly to the movie theater, explained my AWFUL experience with
Fan-dang-schmo, and they accomated me AND my family!

I will NEVER use Fandango again.

Go straight to the theater. Buy Local! Don't give these scammers anymore of your money or time.

marcusr29
7/17/15

I attempted to use a promo code. That failed. I attempted to chat on my phone with customer service for some hint as to what I was doing wrong. I was informed that I was 6th in line and average wait time was just over a minute. 20 minutes later I was bouncing between being #3 in line and #2 in line. I gave up and tried to chat using a desktop computer. I was 37th in line there and was told the average time was about 12 minutes. Another half hour later someone came online and pretended to help me. This person just parroted the same instructions that my promo code certificate had on the back. After all that time waiting for useless "help" I have to ask myself why we're paying a "Convenience Fee" to buy something that is so easily bought at the theater? If I buy it there I don't have to guess about what time I expect to actually arrive at the theater.

nancyr53
7/16/15

I was trying to purchase 10 movie tickets so I put in my Stubs number & credit card info when I discovered it would only let me buy 9 so I changed that number. I didn't realize that it kicked out my Stubs info so it charged me $11 service fee which is waived if you have a Stubs card. I immediately tried to contact them by phone and email but No response. One week later and still no response.Guess I'm out $11 bucks. I have also contacted AMC.

jameyd7
7/14/15

I purchased a movie with fandango money to see Minions. We live over 30 miles from the theater and decided to go see the movie today, however I couldn't get the promo code to work so I called customer service. After a 20 minute wait I was told the site is down and I wouldn't be able to use the code until tomorrow. I asked them to just put $7.50 on my account and deactivate the code, but apparently the customer service reps aren't allowed to do anything. I will try again another day to use my code since I bought the item for the code, but will never give fandango my money ever again!

dianer39
7/10/15

DO NOT USE THIS SERVICE. I purchased 2 tickets today so I could take my 8 year old niece to the movies tomorrow. After purchasing the tickets I glanced at the confirmation and realized I picked today's date - although I was pretty sure I had picked tomorrows movie. I made a very innocent and honest mistake. I finally found a phone number to call customer service and after waiting for about 30 minutes (no joke) I got a harsh and insensitive woman on the line. She had no problem telling me how sorry she was but that there wasn't anything she could do since the movie had just started at 2:30 and I wasn't within the two hour window. I asked to speak to a manager or someone higher than herself and she told me that there was no one that I could speak to at that time. I told her all I wanted to do was take my niece to the damn movie and didn't care about a refund and asked if she could change the date somehow on the tickets to be for tomorrow. Fandango obviously must be rolling in the dough and won't go bankrupt anytime soon since I'll bet this happens all the time.

pennys11
7/10/15

The value in pre-purchasing your seats for a movie is only an added benefit when you are guaranteed to get the seat of choice when you arrive at the movie. This is what Fandango offers. However, not only do they not guarantee you will get the seat, but they do not care when you finally get through to their understaffed customer chat line to report the issue. They charge a hefty convenience fee but don't ofter an ounce of customer service! Save your money, buy at the theatre box office!

ma33195
7/9/15

What a rip off site...you send a $25.00 gift card and it's really only $22.00. This company has some pair... Convenience Fee?... Convenient for who? This company deserves negative stars. can't wait to read about their bankruptcy. Never Ever Again!!!!

ruand
7/5/15

I got 3 reference numbers,you can not speak to a supervisor they always seems to be busy.I lost money and they will not even bother to work with me to resolve the issue.

chadc23
7/3/15

Cool site for movie times. Customer service is horrible. They did not care that the theatre had no confirmation of my order even thought I brought the credit card and the printout. Fandango said basically "we have your money and you're not getting a refund OR an exchange"

samanthal33
7/2/15

I purchased tickets to take my son to a movie as a summer reading reward. As I was purchasing the tickets for Friday, the screen went back to the seating I had to choose. It didn't change so I moved forward without looking. While I understand it was my fault for not double checking AFTER their system sent me backwards, they wouldn't do anything for me. NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS within 2 hours of your movie...you should know before you use the company. They will STEAL your money.

rodh20
7/1/15

Long story short....gave blood and received two Fandango passes with a promo code. Went online to redeem my codes and schedule my movie. Due to having to work, had to cancel my tickets, which I did so well in advance of movie start time. Got an email after cancellation to choose either a refund or exchange, but could not submit either one, due to an "issue" with an order! Waited the 24 hours for a response, which never came. Finally contacted customer service who advised because they were "promo'' codes, I couldn't even get an exchange!! So after giving blood and receiving two passes, then having to cancel my movie due to having to work, I am penalized??? And when I informed the customer service person, Kimberly, that I would tell people about this Fandango practice, she acted like she could care less! Never will I ever buy a Fandango gift card for anyone as a gift ever again, nor will I ever utilize their service!

dani2387
7/1/15

Extra fees rude and if you complain locks you off site. Horrible. Stole 50 from account with invalid gift card. Was a gift to my daughter and they could not use it. DONT USE THEM

paulag17
7/1/15

attempted to buy tickets from your mobilesite, but I couldn't complete the transaction because my phine was stuck in the paypal, yes, I pressed the option of complete payment, but I was not able to see the confitmation page. So, I go to the ticket office and BUY ANOTHER 5 TICKETS. I called on saturday but there was very busy for you because no one could answer my call for a whole hour, I called today and the Lady that took my case told me that all the options I told her that I saw on my phone ( like if I had to memorize your site) " did not coincide with the regal page features" so I am liying I guess. Is not the fact that that there is a charge of 66.60 US$ in my paypal account, is the fact that this Lady told me that There is no soution to my problem. The confirmation page did not appear in my phone, period. I had to spend 59.95 more to get actal tickets to see the movie on time. Because I wanted to see the movie on saturday at 7:55 pm. Not whenever the confirmation page displayed on my phone ( which like I stated before, It didn't). The anwer I received is like I have to endure been charged twice and that is only my problem. In thend I am the only one with a problem right? The sad parti s that I love going to the movies and that I mostly use regal cinemas. This is a total loss. Is not the money, you are loosing clients with this kind of treatment.

johnj191
6/30/15

Has there been a more worthless company/site ever??
The site is so unuser friendly that it seems they intentionally made it that way.
Horrible options, seems to always have to refresh to get it working... and the fees??
Why is there a convenience fee???
Good god, I bought 4 tickets and the convenience fee was almost the price of one of the tickets. How is this convenient to purchase online, get NOTHING back from them. Have to take the credit card into the theatre and stand in line at the counter or kiosk.
What a joke, and the ONLY reason I was forced to use them was because someone thought a fandango gift card would be a good gift. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

amandad31
6/27/15

I have had the worst experience using this site. I tried to get tickets for a big movie and it turned into the biggest headache. I never got my tickets and they still have my money. They refuse to refund my money because when I initially tried to get tickets it printed for the wrong theater. I thought I could just exchange them for the right theater, but then all of a sudden the site wouldn't allow me to use my CC to pay the $0.50 balance. The same CC that they just used to buy the original tickets all of a sudden wouldn't work. I got onto their chat and was told that I couldn't get my money back. What a SCAM they have going. DO NOT USE THIS "SERVICE"

niting2
6/26/15

Since today morning, I have tried more than 10 times to book the movie ticket through Fandango Visa Signature offer however every time it was giving me error like "ERROR 500: UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST".

I have tried it multiple times in different times however it was not working at all. I even tried to use different Visa Signature Card I am having but all in vain.

Then I initiated the live chat on Fandango, I was surprised to know that my no. was 132 in the queue and it has taken more than an hour to get an associate and he/she was in too much hurry that he/she disconnected the chat in between.

In the mean time, I tried to call the customer service also. It has taken more than 30 minutes to speak to an associate.

Associate told me that there is a technical issue due to which we are getting error. If it's a known issue then Fandango should have put a disclaimer on the website to avoid user frustration.

kaylae2
6/26/15

I tried to get ahold of these people for 4 hours before the movie started so I could cancel and they wouldn't answer the phone, their "online service" wouldn't let me talk to anyone. I literally have pictures of them saying I was 2nd in queh then 1st then 2nd several times like I was stuck in an infinite loop and they were never really going to help me. Then I tried to make an online account and it literally wouldnt let me make one until and hour after the movie started!! Then when i finally got ahold to someone they REFUSED to help me! A complete scam!!!!

siun
6/25/15

As reviewed by hundreds of other users, fandango is a rip-off company out to steal your hard earned money. They didn't honor the deal I was supposed to get and would not issue a refund, and this is all happening 3 days in advance of the movie!!
Future customers be warned!!

augw
6/22/15

Do not purchase gift cards or tickets through/for fandango. It is an utter waste of hard earned money. I purchased gift cards for family and the theatre will not accept them directly, so you have to order them online and will be charged a convenience fee.

kennethh55
6/22/15

I admit I goofed and bought the tickets to the wrong theatre on the way to another theatre but when I called to get a refund their policy is only 2 hours prior to the showing can you receive a refund or Fandango credit.

Fandango should be able to see if the tickets were picked up or not. Needless to say I ended up donating $53 to the Fandango app. Once I hung up the phone with their customer service rep I immediatly deleted the app and downloaded the Cinemark app.

Terrible policy. Use your nearest theatre app instead. At least they can solve this similar issue face to face.

unsatisfiedc2
6/21/15

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BUY THESE MOVIE TICKETS. IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO BUY 2 TICKETS!
I HATE FANDAGO

bethm34
6/13/15

This company STOLE $40 out of my checking account!!! I ordered my tickets and used 2 gift cards, first. Then I owed .05 (because of the convenience fees) so I had to put in my credit card account too. Their website was acting funny, kept saying error so I should have known better. Next day I was charged $40.05!!! They are refusing to do anything because we already saw the movie!! Their customer service reps are in Jamaica and repeat the same script! All I want is my $40 back and for them to use the Gift Cards!!!! I will NEVER use them again!!

**Update, we received a customer service email, but they are still refusing to help and even after I replied to the email, they stopped communication with me. So, I called the bank and put a stop payment on the funds. I explained the situation and told them we did not authorize the $40.05 so I felt this was fraud, especially after seeing all the negative comments and reviews. It seems that everyone is having a bad experience whenever it involved a gift card and/or credit card/bank account. Have your bank/credit card company investigate this as fraud!!!

williamw73
6/12/15

Bought tickets for jurassic world 3d. Accidentally purchased them for Friday and thought we purchased them for saturday. After waiting on the phone for over 20 mins, and speaking to an illiterate representative, this multi million dollar company can't even exchange our tickets. Not even looking for a refund, just want tickets. Asked to speak to a supervisor and got told what it looks like everyone was told.....supervisor unavailable. But hey, supposedly a supervisor will email me. They won't let you wait to talk to one. And I guarantee they will just spew the same crap. I urge EVERYONE to not purchase your tickets through them. They will never receive another single penny from me.

mariana36
6/12/15

OMG what a rip off. I had a coupon code and didn't place it. Well I can't cancel the purchase and re-do it. And because I use reward from theater, I can't rectify it and neither can the theater. How can I give zero stars? She actually suggested I use it on another ticket for the same movie. WTF... and just what, give to random person? You select seats. Come here random strange child and sit beside me????? Yep, complain on your social media. Fandango is crap!

christinam39
6/10/15

I HOPE THESE S.O.B.'S GO OUT OF BUSINESS ----**NOW**!

THESE PEOPLE ARE A COMPLETE RIP OFF!! THERE IS A REASON THAT COLLECTIVELY THEY HAVE 1 1/2 STARS!!

PURCHASED TICKETS FOR A MOVIE AN HOUR BEFORE THE MOVIE ONLINE. WHEN I GOT TO THE MOVIE THEATER, I HAD RECEIVED NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION.

THEY TOOK OUT THE MONEY BUT NO EMAIL. AMC SAID TO FOLLOW UP WITH THEM FOR REFUND OR CREDIT. SO I PURCHASED TWO MORE TIX CASH.

CALLED THEM TODAY AND APPARENTLY IT WAS A HUGE F^%& YOU... THEY COULDN'T REFUND ME BECAUSE, GET THIS.... I PUT .CIM INSTEAD OF .COM. ARE YOU F%^&ING KIDDING ME!!??? WHAT OPERATION DOESN'T CONFIRM AN EMAIL PRIOR TO TAKING OUT THE MONEY?

ANOTHER SUGGESTION WAS THAT I CALLED TWO HOURS AHEAD OF TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE.... I BOUGHT THE TIX ONE HOUR PRIOR, SO THEIR SUGGESTION WOULD REQUIRE TIME TRAVEL....

ALSO, THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO WAIT ONLINE SO I COULD TALK TO A SUPERVISOR. THE SUPERVISOR WAS UNAVAILABLE, PROBABLY HIDING IN A CLOSET SOMEWHERE AVOIDING CUSTOMERS, PICKING AT BLEEDING HANG NAILS HOPING THAT ALL OF HUMANITY WOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE.

HIS NAME IS APPARENTLY KURT. NO LAST NAME. IN ADDITION TO NOT ALLOWING ME TO WAIT ONLINE, THEY ALSO COULD NOT GIVE LAST NAMES. KURT, FIND A NEW JOB. THIS PLACE IS SINCERELY A CESSPOOL.

MAYA WAS THE TELEPHONE AGENT. MAYA: DITTO. YOU WORK IN A PILE OF SEWAGE.

as a final thought, fandango. in my calmest tone ever: don't you think giving me a $30 credit might have been GOOD for business? don't you think that little $30 gesture might solidify yourself in my mind as the Go To place for movie tickets? just a thought. i am no MBA, but it seems like common sense.

and finally, as i kiss my $30 good bye, my final thoughts are on another word that starts with F... but it doesn't rhyme with "Tango." i hope you go under very, very soon.

kenc36
6/9/15

Purchased 2 tickets for children & web site did not work properly. After taking my information 5 times the purchase finally went through at the wrong theater, During the reentering of information the address of the theater changed to one 125 miles away & the movie started in 20 minuets. I did not realize it until i received the conformation which was well in there 2 hour non refundable time. I contacted them immediately but the only thing I received is not refundable within 2 hours of movie & would not exchange them with the correct theater. Now I find out they keep your money when you can't make it so why can't they at least exchange the ticket, very poor business model.

kathys63
6/8/15

What a joke the fandango gift cards are. Every time you use it a " convenience fee" is added. I wanted to buy 5 tickets to a matinee and the were going to charge me over $6.00. What a rip off.

rosel70
6/7/15

They do not want to work with u under any circumstances. Do yourself s favor and DO NOT GET TICKETS THRU THEM!

ms192
6/5/15

Stole my money by charging service fee for no service. Still had to wait in line at ticket counter to pick up tickets. Why the hell is there a service charge for that?? Went through three avenues and stone walled at each one. Rude and condescending staff. Worse customer service experience ever.

jennifert53
6/1/15

I bought a movie with a free movie voucher on it. Set my date and paid the convenience fee. Then I find out I have a birthday dinner the same day. I asked customer service to change the date for me. They refunded my $2 and took my ticket. Thanks for ruining my birthday fandango!!!!

als57
5/26/15

The problem is the 2-hour window. if the confirmation number goes unused, Fandango did not send the money to the theater, they are keeping it as profit. We were unable to go, weren't able to log in prior to the 2-hour refund time frame...they are going to just keep the money. They will have to fight the credit card company where I put the charge, this one will be disputed.

shannond15
5/18/15

I purchased tickets for a movie for last Friday night. We went, it was a great movie! However today I discovered I was charged twice and there were 2 confirmation email sent. I contacted support and since I didn't discover it before the movie time there is nothing they will do about it. I will never use Fandango again!!

babettew
5/16/15

Our first let down was that fangango could not be used at the ticket window. You have to buy tickets online before the movie. So the next time I bought online before the movie my daughter forgot I had bought the tickets online and paid at the theater. I cannot get a credit because I didn't give 2 hours notice even though I paid only 15minutes before the movie started and could not possibly have canceled two hours before because I did not even purchase them 2hours before.

djf1
5/12/15

Honestly, I think Fandango is a great company. I am able to buy the tickets when I am at work on my mobile device (honestly, why would I use a work computer when I know there is a block in the system, like how stupid can you be?) I ALWAYS make sure to DOUBLE check my order before purchasing, I don't want to blame the company for a mistake I obliviously made. And If I have any issues, I always make sure that I am purchasing at least two hours before the showtime to be able to refund or exchange my order.
I have read through all of these reviews and it seems that most, if not all of you are blaming the company for your own stupid and obvious mistakes.
I get it, so a customer service rep is rude. Well how the heck did you start of the call? I bet ya'll were rude as hell. No one is gonna help you with that kind of attitude. I get it, it's their job to help us but that does not excuse your response or actions.
They are doing what their company is telling them to do and you are not the only one that is having a bad day when you purchase for the incorrect theater, date or movie.
Is is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are confirming that everything is correct before you complete your purchase. They just obviously can't say that over the phone.
If a gift card doesn't work for you, I bet you 95% of the problem is being caused by your sheer stupidity.If you do not know how to purchase online, just give the gift card to someone who does or ask for help nicely. If you are pissed you could not use it at the theater, then you are some new kind of stupid. You wouldn't take an AMC gift card to a Regal theater now would you?! Duhhh! you use it on Fandango.com to get your tickets. Mad about the fees? Well every god damn website you purchase from will charge you fees! You are using their service, they need to stay in bushiness. I bet you guys don't know that Fandango helps the theater sell their tickets, they do not get any part of the ticket price. So when the theater tells you it's a Fandango issue, they are lying because it is their tickets, they get the money. The theater just doesn't want to deal with you crazy mother$#*!ers. And I see why. You complain about every detail yet you should be the ones feeling stupid.
Check yourself before making a review. And treat customer service with the respect they deserve to put up with you, stupid $#*!s.

austinj8
5/12/15

Well, its safe to say Fandango has lost yet another customer. Apparently they dont understand the concept of making their customers happy so that they will come back again in the future. No, they are the dirty, low down car salesmen of the movie-going industry, only looking to wring all their customers dry. I guess they figure that they basically have a ticket selling monopoly going right now so why be a business that wants to help the small guy ? I bought multiple $21 IMAX tickets for the wrong theatre without realizing, so i showed up at the other theatre and had to buy new tickets there. As soon as i found out this happened, i contacted customer service thinking surely they could help refund my unused tickets right at the beginning of the screening time. But no, you have to call at least 2 hours before the screening to possibly get a refund. Now maybe i can understand the whole before the movie deal, but is two hours really necessary? I highly doubt it, every online interaction is almost instantaneous in this day and age and if its not for fandango, they need to step their game up. To me, it seems like the big wigs of fandango got together to try and come up with the most strict return policy they could without seeming too sleepy... so they thought "hey, the majority of movie goers probably dont even purchase tickets more than 2 hours before the movie, so just nullify their refund if its after that time period. Why? just because we can." I mean is it really that much of a burden to try and help out a new customer one time? If customer service isnt willing to help they could at least not disconnect on me mid conversation while i am typing. Unbelievable, DONT BUY FROM FANDANGO. I would love to see them go under and im glad to know im nowhere near the only one.

jd102
5/11/15

Fandango had me register for VIP membership, I bought three tickets totaling 51 bucks but I got held up at work and we couldn't make the showing. I did not know about their two hour hassle free cancellation policy. I didn't want a refund simply to be able to walk into any theater and be able to use the tickets I paid for. Customer service was the worst, I am not kidding. I was going to just let it go and let them keep the money but they were so rude. Filing a complaint. Please stay away it's better to just buy the tickets at the cinema and not through Fandango..it's not VIP if they haggle and take a hard stance regarding tickets.

jonathanh52
5/6/15

Successfully applied THREE $10 giftcards to a purchase of three tickets, checkout page showed ~$11 and some change to be charged to my VISA. Authorized the payment, and went to watch the movie with my roommates. Come back to a confirmation email that says I am charged ~$41 and their $#*!ty customer service representative denies that it was their fault, and cannot apply giftcards after the purchase. No $#*! you can't apply giftcards after purchase, they were applied beforehand and were verified during checkout. The scam of a company would not refund me or do anything to mitigate this situation, they don't give a $#*! about customer service and who they scam.

Now I have a debit of $41 dollars in my bank account, and all 3 of the giftcards were thrown away since they were assumed used.

This purchase was made with one of my roommates next to me who can confirm the final price of ~$11 during checkout, this was not my human error.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Fandango, they also charge you a stupid service fee, just buy your tickets at the theater.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I got the tickets for the wrong theater what can I do
6/30/15
Answer
sjp
A: Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: if i buy tickets for 4:15 but i am running late can i use it for the next showing on the same day.
3 weeks ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Fandango?