US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

I received a gift card and tried to purchase a movie online on my laptop. (in 56 reviews)

dabt

handy source of show times and info but don't buy tickets there. (in 115 reviews)

finam

"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. (in 16 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chadc23
7/3/15

Cool site for movie times. Customer service is horrible. They did not care that the theatre had no confirmation of my order even thought I brought the credit card and the printout. Fandango said basically "we have your money and you're not getting a refund OR an exchange"

samanthal33
7/2/15

I purchased tickets to take my son to a movie as a summer reading reward. As I was purchasing the tickets for Friday, the screen went back to the seating I had to choose. It didn't change so I moved forward without looking. While I understand it was my fault for not double checking AFTER their system sent me backwards, they wouldn't do anything for me. NO EXCHANGES OR REFUNDS within 2 hours of your movie...you should know before you use the company. They will STEAL your money.

rodh20
7/1/15

Long story short....gave blood and received two Fandango passes with a promo code. Went online to redeem my codes and schedule my movie. Due to having to work, had to cancel my tickets, which I did so well in advance of movie start time. Got an email after cancellation to choose either a refund or exchange, but could not submit either one, due to an "issue" with an order! Waited the 24 hours for a response, which never came. Finally contacted customer service who advised because they were "promo'' codes, I couldn't even get an exchange!! So after giving blood and receiving two passes, then having to cancel my movie due to having to work, I am penalized??? And when I informed the customer service person, Kimberly, that I would tell people about this Fandango practice, she acted like she could care less! Never will I ever buy a Fandango gift card for anyone as a gift ever again, nor will I ever utilize their service!

dani2387
7/1/15

Extra fees rude and if you complain locks you off site. Horrible. Stole 50 from account with invalid gift card. Was a gift to my daughter and they could not use it. DONT USE THEM

paulag17
7/1/15

attempted to buy tickets from your mobilesite, but I couldn't complete the transaction because my phine was stuck in the paypal, yes, I pressed the option of complete payment, but I was not able to see the confitmation page. So, I go to the ticket office and BUY ANOTHER 5 TICKETS. I called on saturday but there was very busy for you because no one could answer my call for a whole hour, I called today and the Lady that took my case told me that all the options I told her that I saw on my phone ( like if I had to memorize your site) " did not coincide with the regal page features" so I am liying I guess. Is not the fact that that there is a charge of 66.60 US$ in my paypal account, is the fact that this Lady told me that There is no soution to my problem. The confirmation page did not appear in my phone, period. I had to spend 59.95 more to get actal tickets to see the movie on time. Because I wanted to see the movie on saturday at 7:55 pm. Not whenever the confirmation page displayed on my phone ( which like I stated before, It didn't). The anwer I received is like I have to endure been charged twice and that is only my problem. In thend I am the only one with a problem right? The sad parti s that I love going to the movies and that I mostly use regal cinemas. This is a total loss. Is not the money, you are loosing clients with this kind of treatment.

johnj191
6/30/15

Has there been a more worthless company/site ever??
The site is so unuser friendly that it seems they intentionally made it that way.
Horrible options, seems to always have to refresh to get it working... and the fees??
Why is there a convenience fee???
Good god, I bought 4 tickets and the convenience fee was almost the price of one of the tickets. How is this convenient to purchase online, get NOTHING back from them. Have to take the credit card into the theatre and stand in line at the counter or kiosk.
What a joke, and the ONLY reason I was forced to use them was because someone thought a fandango gift card would be a good gift. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME!

amandad31
6/27/15

I have had the worst experience using this site. I tried to get tickets for a big movie and it turned into the biggest headache. I never got my tickets and they still have my money. They refuse to refund my money because when I initially tried to get tickets it printed for the wrong theater. I thought I could just exchange them for the right theater, but then all of a sudden the site wouldn't allow me to use my CC to pay the $0.50 balance. The same CC that they just used to buy the original tickets all of a sudden wouldn't work. I got onto their chat and was told that I couldn't get my money back. What a SCAM they have going. DO NOT USE THIS "SERVICE"

niting2
6/26/15

Since today morning, I have tried more than 10 times to book the movie ticket through Fandango Visa Signature offer however every time it was giving me error like "ERROR 500: UNABLE TO PROCESS YOUR REQUEST".

I have tried it multiple times in different times however it was not working at all. I even tried to use different Visa Signature Card I am having but all in vain.

Then I initiated the live chat on Fandango, I was surprised to know that my no. was 132 in the queue and it has taken more than an hour to get an associate and he/she was in too much hurry that he/she disconnected the chat in between.

In the mean time, I tried to call the customer service also. It has taken more than 30 minutes to speak to an associate.

Associate told me that there is a technical issue due to which we are getting error. If it's a known issue then Fandango should have put a disclaimer on the website to avoid user frustration.

kaylae2
6/26/15

I tried to get ahold of these people for 4 hours before the movie started so I could cancel and they wouldn't answer the phone, their "online service" wouldn't let me talk to anyone. I literally have pictures of them saying I was 2nd in queh then 1st then 2nd several times like I was stuck in an infinite loop and they were never really going to help me. Then I tried to make an online account and it literally wouldnt let me make one until and hour after the movie started!! Then when i finally got ahold to someone they REFUSED to help me! A complete scam!!!!

siun
6/25/15

As reviewed by hundreds of other users, fandango is a rip-off company out to steal your hard earned money. They didn't honor the deal I was supposed to get and would not issue a refund, and this is all happening 3 days in advance of the movie!!
Future customers be warned!!

augw
6/22/15

Do not purchase gift cards or tickets through/for fandango. It is an utter waste of hard earned money. I purchased gift cards for family and the theatre will not accept them directly, so you have to order them online and will be charged a convenience fee.

kennethh55
6/22/15

I admit I goofed and bought the tickets to the wrong theatre on the way to another theatre but when I called to get a refund their policy is only 2 hours prior to the showing can you receive a refund or Fandango credit.

Fandango should be able to see if the tickets were picked up or not. Needless to say I ended up donating $53 to the Fandango app. Once I hung up the phone with their customer service rep I immediatly deleted the app and downloaded the Cinemark app.

Terrible policy. Use your nearest theatre app instead. At least they can solve this similar issue face to face.

unsatisfiedc2
6/21/15

IT IS IMPOSSIBLE TO BUY THESE MOVIE TICKETS. IT TOOK ME 5 HOURS TO BUY 2 TICKETS!
I HATE FANDAGO

bethm34
6/13/15

This company STOLE $40 out of my checking account!!! I ordered my tickets and used 2 gift cards, first. Then I owed .05 (because of the convenience fees) so I had to put in my credit card account too. Their website was acting funny, kept saying error so I should have known better. Next day I was charged $40.05!!! They are refusing to do anything because we already saw the movie!! Their customer service reps are in Jamaica and repeat the same script! All I want is my $40 back and for them to use the Gift Cards!!!! I will NEVER use them again!!

**Update, we received a customer service email, but they are still refusing to help and even after I replied to the email, they stopped communication with me. So, I called the bank and put a stop payment on the funds. I explained the situation and told them we did not authorize the $40.05 so I felt this was fraud, especially after seeing all the negative comments and reviews. It seems that everyone is having a bad experience whenever it involved a gift card and/or credit card/bank account. Have your bank/credit card company investigate this as fraud!!!

williamw73
6/12/15

Bought tickets for jurassic world 3d. Accidentally purchased them for Friday and thought we purchased them for saturday. After waiting on the phone for over 20 mins, and speaking to an illiterate representative, this multi million dollar company can't even exchange our tickets. Not even looking for a refund, just want tickets. Asked to speak to a supervisor and got told what it looks like everyone was told.....supervisor unavailable. But hey, supposedly a supervisor will email me. They won't let you wait to talk to one. And I guarantee they will just spew the same crap. I urge EVERYONE to not purchase your tickets through them. They will never receive another single penny from me.

mariana36
6/12/15

OMG what a rip off. I had a coupon code and didn't place it. Well I can't cancel the purchase and re-do it. And because I use reward from theater, I can't rectify it and neither can the theater. How can I give zero stars? She actually suggested I use it on another ticket for the same movie. WTF... and just what, give to random person? You select seats. Come here random strange child and sit beside me????? Yep, complain on your social media. Fandango is crap!

christinam39
6/10/15

I HOPE THESE S.O.B.'S GO OUT OF BUSINESS ----**NOW**!

THESE PEOPLE ARE A COMPLETE RIP OFF!! THERE IS A REASON THAT COLLECTIVELY THEY HAVE 1 1/2 STARS!!

PURCHASED TICKETS FOR A MOVIE AN HOUR BEFORE THE MOVIE ONLINE. WHEN I GOT TO THE MOVIE THEATER, I HAD RECEIVED NO EMAIL CONFIRMATION.

THEY TOOK OUT THE MONEY BUT NO EMAIL. AMC SAID TO FOLLOW UP WITH THEM FOR REFUND OR CREDIT. SO I PURCHASED TWO MORE TIX CASH.

CALLED THEM TODAY AND APPARENTLY IT WAS A HUGE F^%& YOU... THEY COULDN'T REFUND ME BECAUSE, GET THIS.... I PUT .CIM INSTEAD OF .COM. ARE YOU F%^&ING KIDDING ME!!??? WHAT OPERATION DOESN'T CONFIRM AN EMAIL PRIOR TO TAKING OUT THE MONEY?

ANOTHER SUGGESTION WAS THAT I CALLED TWO HOURS AHEAD OF TIME TO MAKE A CHANGE.... I BOUGHT THE TIX ONE HOUR PRIOR, SO THEIR SUGGESTION WOULD REQUIRE TIME TRAVEL....

ALSO, THEY WOULD NOT ALLOW ME TO WAIT ONLINE SO I COULD TALK TO A SUPERVISOR. THE SUPERVISOR WAS UNAVAILABLE, PROBABLY HIDING IN A CLOSET SOMEWHERE AVOIDING CUSTOMERS, PICKING AT BLEEDING HANG NAILS HOPING THAT ALL OF HUMANITY WOULD LEAVE HIM ALONE.

HIS NAME IS APPARENTLY KURT. NO LAST NAME. IN ADDITION TO NOT ALLOWING ME TO WAIT ONLINE, THEY ALSO COULD NOT GIVE LAST NAMES. KURT, FIND A NEW JOB. THIS PLACE IS SINCERELY A CESSPOOL.

MAYA WAS THE TELEPHONE AGENT. MAYA: DITTO. YOU WORK IN A PILE OF SEWAGE.

as a final thought, fandango. in my calmest tone ever: don't you think giving me a $30 credit might have been GOOD for business? don't you think that little $30 gesture might solidify yourself in my mind as the Go To place for movie tickets? just a thought. i am no MBA, but it seems like common sense.

and finally, as i kiss my $30 good bye, my final thoughts are on another word that starts with F... but it doesn't rhyme with "Tango." i hope you go under very, very soon.

kenc36
6/9/15

Purchased 2 tickets for children & web site did not work properly. After taking my information 5 times the purchase finally went through at the wrong theater, During the reentering of information the address of the theater changed to one 125 miles away & the movie started in 20 minuets. I did not realize it until i received the conformation which was well in there 2 hour non refundable time. I contacted them immediately but the only thing I received is not refundable within 2 hours of movie & would not exchange them with the correct theater. Now I find out they keep your money when you can't make it so why can't they at least exchange the ticket, very poor business model.

kathys63
6/8/15

What a joke the fandango gift cards are. Every time you use it a " convenience fee" is added. I wanted to buy 5 tickets to a matinee and the were going to charge me over $6.00. What a rip off.

rosel70
6/7/15

They do not want to work with u under any circumstances. Do yourself s favor and DO NOT GET TICKETS THRU THEM!

ms192
6/5/15

Stole my money by charging service fee for no service. Still had to wait in line at ticket counter to pick up tickets. Why the hell is there a service charge for that?? Went through three avenues and stone walled at each one. Rude and condescending staff. Worse customer service experience ever.

jennifert53
6/1/15

I bought a movie with a free movie voucher on it. Set my date and paid the convenience fee. Then I find out I have a birthday dinner the same day. I asked customer service to change the date for me. They refunded my $2 and took my ticket. Thanks for ruining my birthday fandango!!!!

als57
5/26/15

The problem is the 2-hour window. if the confirmation number goes unused, Fandango did not send the money to the theater, they are keeping it as profit. We were unable to go, weren't able to log in prior to the 2-hour refund time frame...they are going to just keep the money. They will have to fight the credit card company where I put the charge, this one will be disputed.

shannond15
5/18/15

I purchased tickets for a movie for last Friday night. We went, it was a great movie! However today I discovered I was charged twice and there were 2 confirmation email sent. I contacted support and since I didn't discover it before the movie time there is nothing they will do about it. I will never use Fandango again!!

babettew
5/16/15

Our first let down was that fangango could not be used at the ticket window. You have to buy tickets online before the movie. So the next time I bought online before the movie my daughter forgot I had bought the tickets online and paid at the theater. I cannot get a credit because I didn't give 2 hours notice even though I paid only 15minutes before the movie started and could not possibly have canceled two hours before because I did not even purchase them 2hours before.

djf1
5/12/15

Honestly, I think Fandango is a great company. I am able to buy the tickets when I am at work on my mobile device (honestly, why would I use a work computer when I know there is a block in the system, like how stupid can you be?) I ALWAYS make sure to DOUBLE check my order before purchasing, I don't want to blame the company for a mistake I obliviously made. And If I have any issues, I always make sure that I am purchasing at least two hours before the showtime to be able to refund or exchange my order.
I have read through all of these reviews and it seems that most, if not all of you are blaming the company for your own stupid and obvious mistakes.
I get it, so a customer service rep is rude. Well how the heck did you start of the call? I bet ya'll were rude as hell. No one is gonna help you with that kind of attitude. I get it, it's their job to help us but that does not excuse your response or actions.
They are doing what their company is telling them to do and you are not the only one that is having a bad day when you purchase for the incorrect theater, date or movie.
Is is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are confirming that everything is correct before you complete your purchase. They just obviously can't say that over the phone.
If a gift card doesn't work for you, I bet you 95% of the problem is being caused by your sheer stupidity.If you do not know how to purchase online, just give the gift card to someone who does or ask for help nicely. If you are pissed you could not use it at the theater, then you are some new kind of stupid. You wouldn't take an AMC gift card to a Regal theater now would you?! Duhhh! you use it on Fandango.com to get your tickets. Mad about the fees? Well every god damn website you purchase from will charge you fees! You are using their service, they need to stay in bushiness. I bet you guys don't know that Fandango helps the theater sell their tickets, they do not get any part of the ticket price. So when the theater tells you it's a Fandango issue, they are lying because it is their tickets, they get the money. The theater just doesn't want to deal with you crazy mother$#*!ers. And I see why. You complain about every detail yet you should be the ones feeling stupid.
Check yourself before making a review. And treat customer service with the respect they deserve to put up with you, stupid $#*!s.

austinj8
5/12/15

Well, its safe to say Fandango has lost yet another customer. Apparently they dont understand the concept of making their customers happy so that they will come back again in the future. No, they are the dirty, low down car salesmen of the movie-going industry, only looking to wring all their customers dry. I guess they figure that they basically have a ticket selling monopoly going right now so why be a business that wants to help the small guy ? I bought multiple $21 IMAX tickets for the wrong theatre without realizing, so i showed up at the other theatre and had to buy new tickets there. As soon as i found out this happened, i contacted customer service thinking surely they could help refund my unused tickets right at the beginning of the screening time. But no, you have to call at least 2 hours before the screening to possibly get a refund. Now maybe i can understand the whole before the movie deal, but is two hours really necessary? I highly doubt it, every online interaction is almost instantaneous in this day and age and if its not for fandango, they need to step their game up. To me, it seems like the big wigs of fandango got together to try and come up with the most strict return policy they could without seeming too sleepy... so they thought "hey, the majority of movie goers probably dont even purchase tickets more than 2 hours before the movie, so just nullify their refund if its after that time period. Why? just because we can." I mean is it really that much of a burden to try and help out a new customer one time? If customer service isnt willing to help they could at least not disconnect on me mid conversation while i am typing. Unbelievable, DONT BUY FROM FANDANGO. I would love to see them go under and im glad to know im nowhere near the only one.

jd102
5/11/15

Fandango had me register for VIP membership, I bought three tickets totaling 51 bucks but I got held up at work and we couldn't make the showing. I did not know about their two hour hassle free cancellation policy. I didn't want a refund simply to be able to walk into any theater and be able to use the tickets I paid for. Customer service was the worst, I am not kidding. I was going to just let it go and let them keep the money but they were so rude. Filing a complaint. Please stay away it's better to just buy the tickets at the cinema and not through Fandango..it's not VIP if they haggle and take a hard stance regarding tickets.

jonathanh52
5/6/15

Successfully applied THREE $10 giftcards to a purchase of three tickets, checkout page showed ~$11 and some change to be charged to my VISA. Authorized the payment, and went to watch the movie with my roommates. Come back to a confirmation email that says I am charged ~$41 and their $#*!ty customer service representative denies that it was their fault, and cannot apply giftcards after the purchase. No $#*! you can't apply giftcards after purchase, they were applied beforehand and were verified during checkout. The scam of a company would not refund me or do anything to mitigate this situation, they don't give a $#*! about customer service and who they scam.

Now I have a debit of $41 dollars in my bank account, and all 3 of the giftcards were thrown away since they were assumed used.

This purchase was made with one of my roommates next to me who can confirm the final price of ~$11 during checkout, this was not my human error.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Fandango, they also charge you a stupid service fee, just buy your tickets at the theater.

pingl6
5/5/15

If you want to report an issue on their contact customer service web page, you spend time to fill out their poorly designed question form, then you will receive an email like this:
[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]
Discussion Thread
Auto-Response

.....

Then something copied from their Q&A webpage.

You spent another 10 minutes looking for their 866 phone number, spent another 10 minutes talking with an associates on the phone, hoping someone could be reached and discuss the issue. Then you hear the same info repeating on the web page.

It is a you play my way, or you go away company.

richarde17
5/4/15

For Seniors a movie is a treat. My wife and I decided to take our "young" 50+ year old friends to a movie. On the way going there one of our friends got sick, so we turned around and went home. Turns out you have to tell them in advance you won't be there. $45 to see nothing and no refund, no exchange. They even cut me off on live chat!

kelsiee
5/3/15

I accidentally purchased tickets for a city 8 hours away. While waiting for customer service, I kept being jumped around in the waiting queue. I would be #4 then pushed to #5...then #4 again and pushed to #5. Then I made it to #1 and was pushed to #2...then #1 and pushed to #2 again.
Finally, when I talked to someone, they couldn't even give credit so I could buy the ticket for the correct theater.

I have learned my lesson. If I want to ensure we have tickets for a movie, we will just go to the theater extra early or not see the movie at all.

richardp70
5/3/15

I purchased tickets recently for the age of Ultron showing of avengers 2. I tried a theater that only had reserved seating, so I would be guaranteed a seat. Well fandango oversold the show and we eneded up only being to see it in 2d. AMC compensated us so I have nothing bad to say about them but all Fandango did was make excuses. Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes. I will use fandango for movie times but I will purchase my tickets directly tru amc next time.

joes470
5/3/15

Fandango sucks, worst company ever. useless website and customer service. I have a $25 gift card that the system tells me has a balance of $25 but the system will not process it. what a joke. on hold for 35 minutes and nobody and when i finally get an operator they accuse me of trying to doctor their website to get free tickets.

shellil
5/2/15

Stupid Customer Service at Fandango. We live in Kansas City and accidentally purchased movie tickets to a theater in Pennsylvania. Called fandango immediately to try and correct the problem, but they held to their no refund policy within two hours of showtime. C'mon, really? $24 for tickets to a movie we obviously can't be at. NEVER TRUST THEM!

brendat13
5/2/15

Took my money but gave no tickets and no refund. purchased tickets using my phone. Never got the confirmation email. All I had was the Internet screen showing the scan code. When I pulled the screen up it logged me out before I could get it scanned. Was on hold for 35 min and then they told me I had to call 2 hours ahead. They are sorry for my frustration. But not sorry enough to keep a customer.

keithl29
5/2/15

Never received e-ticket and they said it was my fault. Then I was hung up on. Worst ever.

geoffg5
5/2/15

Purchased tickets to a 7:30 showing of avengers on May 2nd. This is the date that was shown on the confirmation screen when I submitted the purchase. Open email, and lo and behold, tickets are for May 1. Thanks to Fandango's ridiculous refund policy, I cannot get a refund because they sent me tickets to the incorrect day which is not 2 hours before showtime. Tried to get customer service to rectify this, apparently Fandango believes that I should be responsible for their %%^&&% web code that shows a confirmation screen for the wrong product. Hopefully the theater will help me out when I speak with them, or else its a chargeback for you Fandango, fix your $#*!ty web code so that the product on the confirmation screen is the same as what comes in the email.

johnj179
5/1/15

I tried to purchase tickets for a showing of The Avengers on my birthday to go with my wife and friends. I could have sworn I purchased them for the correct date (opening day), but ended up purchasing them for the night before instead. The purchase time ended up being 5 minutes before the showing*. I realized my mistake but Fandango's policy is to only refund tickets more than 2 hours before the showing so I never had an opportunity to fix it. I called customer service the following day (was closed at the time of purchase) to explain and they refused to do anything about it.

The theatre however was much more amicable to my situation, and honored the tickets anyway after I explained the situation. So kudos to them -- Fandango customer service sure could learn something from them.

* - I know I selected May 1 but I think I had done something in another tab which reset the time in the first one. I'm a senior web app developer and understand how this can happen... but I couldn't have done anything about it. Their web app also never sent me an email confirmation. I know that I checked the spam quarantine (paid spam filtering) and junk mail folder. It just never showed up.

lorid17
4/28/15

Fandango says they refund or exchange tickets if VIP. Not really, only under very limited circumstances and prior to the show. Waste of money and they won't exchange for same movie, same theatre. Lesson learned, don't Fandango!

vt4
4/25/15

We used a gift card for $25. After adding the price of two tickets and the "convenience fee", we actually had to add a credit card to cover the remainder for $.20!! What a scam!!! The price at the theater was $10.50 and the price on fandango was $11.25! So they up charge and then add their fee!! Never again!

danielj44
4/12/15

I never imagined this would be such a horrible experience.
No where did I see I was being charged ab additional $25 fee but there is on my banking statement.

armina1
4/10/15

I purchased two tickets on regal cinemas app, after confirming the purchase I saw my tickets for few seconds, then the app jumped back to home page. My tickets were gone, no email, no text nothing. My PayPal account was however charged. I contacted regal they said I should contact fandango. I called fandango and they said they can ONLY give refunds 2 HOURS prior to Showtime. I bought the tickets 30 min before Showtime and they just took the money and gone. Terrible customer service. Piece of crap app.

josephd51
4/7/15

I wanted to buy two tickets for a dollar theater, I clicked add two tickets at $1.00 each, the total said $2.00. I added my credit card information and then clicked submit order, scrolled down the page about an inch and saw that at the last second they tacked on a $2.70 service charge.... ON A $2 PURCHASE. Seriously worst company ever.

tammyb28
4/6/15

This is such a scam... you go to the Sandy Union Heights Theater on MSN Entertainment to buy your movie tickets, you select your movie and time you want to attend. You go to FANDANGO to purchase said tickets and it changes it from a Cinemark Theater in Sandy Union Heights to a Megaplex Theater in West Valley. You don't realize what they have done, until your at the wrong theater, (which should have been the right one). They refuse to give you a refund so you paid for a movie twice that you only saw once. Save yourself the hassle and buy your tickets at www.cinemark.com. Someone should get a hold of get Gebhardt on this one. Crappy Customer Services and Business Practices!!!

janiceo2
4/5/15

this is the worst website ever!and you thought pirchasin tickets online is convenient wromg!its my first time,the guy in amc said i got the wrong theater and can get a refund didnt say ya have to call two hours bfore the movie time.so disappointed it was an imax tickets for petesake not even a lil consideration for a first timer.so the ticket wasnt used,my money is just gone!dont use this website!

ashleyg43
4/4/15

Spoke to a "Tory" girl. She was to worst rep ever! She does not do anything to help out the costumber. Especially a first time costumber for this website. First and last time!! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!! I would rather go and wait in line to buy tickets. No supervisors available was her response when I asked to speak to one. The wait for a rep to even answer was up to an hour!! And for no help. How disappointing. I will call the bank to dispute the charge, since they weren't able to help for nothing! Horrible.

barrym22
3/28/15

You buy the tickets on their website. They say they will send a confirmation email. They don't. You contact their support chat and no one answers (20 minutes waiting so far).
So. Let's review. You paid them to get you a ticket. You now have to go to the box office at the theater and wait and line and straighten out their screwup.
How is this better than just going to the theater and buying the ticket??
Oh yeah, you can't get refunds either. It is the definition of less than worthless.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. Most theaters have their own ticketing site. It's less money, it's more reliable and the DO give refunds.

cm78
3/22/15

There was a problem at the theatre with the credit card reader and I had left my phone at home, so didn't have the confirmation number. Both the theatre and Fandango refused to refund the extra set of tickets. Not using Fandango again. Very unhelpful.

devinf12
3/13/15

I got a great gift from a family member, a movie gift card from Fandango! It didn't work. The movie theatre close by that was listed from Fandango as a participating theatre, Nordica Theatre (which is a fantastic theatre!!A++) didn't accept it. FANDANGO is a SCAM. How can this exist in 2015? Burn Fandango to the ground.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I got the tickets for the wrong theater what can I do
3 days ago
Answer
sjp
A: Shauna, try Ken's suggestion. After years as a loyal customer & "Fan" of Fandango, I had an issue that should have been easily resolved. When I finally spoke to a live CSR, the response & subsequent email were robotic & useless. I now buy gift cards from the theatres & save my $$ and time. Good luck to you, though!!
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Fandango?