US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

finam

Fandango Gift card disappointment-- "processing a fee"
(in 20 reviews)

mongseek

Using this website almost every week to check out show time, video clips and reviews. (in 24 reviews)

kelleyk

Once I bought a ticket for the wrong theater and they issued me a refund directly to my account. (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

amberf6
11/23/14

IF I COULD GIVE THIS 0 STARS I WOULD!! Fandango has the worst customer service! I order tickets and never got the confirmation email. They only have you enter your email once, so I wondered if maybe I missed a letter. Why would they only have you input your email once?! I then wanted to exchange for a later time so I called their service number. They have an option on the electronic prompt to choose someone to speak to regarding refunds. When I finally spoke with someone they told me that Fandango and Regal have a strict no refund policy! I asked why there was an option in the first place if they cant do it?! He then told me that they can't exchange either and that my best option is to buy the tickes for the time I want, call them back with the new order number and ask to refund the old ones where they will send to their investigations department that will contact me in 3-5 business days letting me know if they can refund me or not. THEY WANTED ME TO BUY TWO SETS OF TICKETS TO BE CONTACTED TO SEE IF THEY CAN REFUND ME! I asked to speak to a supervisor and he stated there was no one available. I asked to be placed on hold until one became available, he said "its not good customer service to have me wait on hold" Well its not good customerservice to tell me to buy my tickes a second time to only tell me that they may or may not reimburse me. I told him I wanted to be contacted by a supervisor as soon as one became available by phone and he told me their phones don't dial out! I work at a call center and I know that this is not the case. He then promised me that I will get an emial from a supervisor that night. This was on Wednesday, I didnt get an email until Saturday. WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EVER. I then called Regal and they told me I could exchange them at the theater.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FANDANGO! BUY FROM THE THEATER

kerryb20
11/21/14

God awful service, dysfunctional website, and a rip-off. I'd rather get a gift card for a walk on hot coals!

Tip for consumers: Don't!

matts72
11/20/14

I accidentally bought tickets to the wrong movie theater and Customer service gave me a refund right away even though it says they are not required to give you one! customer service was great.

monicab20
11/18/14

Fandango lies by telling people using their gift card is an easy and convenience process. Yet, it is a horrible process trying to get movie tickets. I HATE scamDANGO. I hope the company closes.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this evil company

davidb238
11/16/14

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away !!!

That sys it all

This site is designed to double charge credit cards and if you call to speak with a manager (for example Tony emp ID 136 in Denver Colorado he will advise you it is their policy to make you wait for 25 minutes to speak with him so he can advise you he is not allowed to fix Fandangos errors. AVOID USING THIS SITE AT ALL COSTS. I wish there was a lower rating. I feel bad bringing this up but its really obvious when someone begins to stutter nd stamer when they are a part of unethical business practices. Thanks Tony !!!

Tip for consumers: Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away

Enjoy Bankruptcy Fandango !!!

unhappyc21
11/10/14

BEWARE OF ILLEGITIMATE CHARGES!! was just charged a $4 "convenience fee" for buying two tickets!! WHAT A RIP OFF!! I saw nothing about any extra charges when purchasing the tickets...I only noticed it when I saw my email from them! AND YOU CAN'T GET A REFUND!! So I will stand in line for two minutes from now on and I will tell all my friends to NEVER USE FANDANGO!!

Tip for consumers: Don't use Fandango!

jackw65
11/7/14

This website is awful. After starting your order, it gives you 5 mins to complete. seems like plenty, but everytime you hit "continue" you get a "processing" message for at least 2 minutes, so it's impossible to finish within the 5 minutes. unbelievably frustrating!

yar30
11/6/14

Here is the deal, I messed up on the time when I purchased my tickets. When the confirmation message showed up on my phone I caught it right away. I then called up Edwards in Irving to see if they could help since it was there theater I was going to, "absolutely they said" just come down and we will take care of it for you when you get here, I thought, simple enough.
Well I went one step further and went online with Fandredo to see if they could just change the time of the movie, after 12 minutes in cue online it was a script reply company policy terminology 300 word essay the girl sent me, then she said just order more tickets then ask for a refund afterwards. Well after reading the comments below I am glad I did not go that route, thanks everyone!

gingern
11/5/14

Just purchased a ticket online for my husband who is a senior. Not obvious they charge a fee for online tickets until after the fact which brought my husband's ticket almost full price. Immediately got on a live chat to explain and ask for a refund. Nope, nada. NEVER dealt with a company that refused a refund within moments of purchase. Live and learn. You got me once, but never again.

Tip for consumers: Just buy your tickets at the theater and stay away from this rip-off company.

johng159
10/24/14

Well Well: I see that most of the reviews are negative. Actually that is usually the case of reviewers as we are too lazy to write if we liked the company.

However; I find Fandango's policies could only be made by some simple minded guy that actually has very litttle business sense and deserves a review.

While attempting to use a gift of fandango we looked for a movie in at the UTC in San Diego. Fandango said OK for our movie at UTC and promptly reported our tickets were ready.

Right. UTC Irvine. Wrong location. So we called and got the 10cent program that keeps you in a circle and long wait. No, sorry we cannot cancel the movie regardless of what we see on the site. However you can get a new movie when you cannot go in the next 4 days.

DO NOT WASTE MONEY GIVING GIFT CERTIFICATES. FANDANGO BORDERS ON FRAUDULENT AND WORSE REALLY STUPID!

Tip for consumers: Stay the F away -- you will get taken!

barbarab45
10/18/14

Friends gave me a gift card and I went to the website and created an account and logged in and enter the information for the card. Mistake. I went back 2 days later and nothing is there. I contacted the live chat to be informed you can't save gift card information in the site and without the card we can't help you. Explained the site did not say you can't save information but it did say redeem the card. Don't buy gift cards for fandango you will lose your money. I tried to swipe it Cinemark only to be told I had to go to the website of Fandango and redeem. Wrong. Just give your another gift card or money. Please don't waste your money on this gift card.

jeanetteh8
10/15/14

Made a simple mistake on a website purchase for a special attraction weeks into the future. Asked for an exchange less than 24 hours after purchase, for another special attraction, same theater, same price, different date. I did not want a refund, just an exchange. Fandango required me to purchase the correct tickets, then they would "review" my request for refund. They refused a simple exchange (said "we can't do that). Nor would they guarantee a refund if I gave them an additional $34.

Gratefully, the theater involved was more than happy to do the exchange. And told me that they sell the same special attraction tickets as Fandango WITHOUT the $2/ticket fee.

NEVER AGAIN FANDANGO. Terrible customer service policies.

Tip for consumers: Don't. Go to the theater directly for tickets.

debrap9
9/26/14

Ordered a gift card 9/12/14 with a promise of 5-7 business days and it's still not here. The customer support staff would only tell me it was shipped 9/16/14 and they didn't know where it was. Then suddenly they know it's at UPS...or maybe the post office. And I should keep waiting. They refused to give me a UPS tracking number so I could see if it was at UPS. Then representative hung up on me. They also told me the cards

Tip for consumers: Just don't use Fandango unless you like throwing your money away.

nicholer
9/23/14

Fandango is the worst website and customer service I have EVER dealt with. I ordered a gift card by email and never received the card after 1 hour. My credit card was charged but no gift card in my inbox. I figured it was because they had an invalid email. I called customer service and they did not have an information in their system about my transaction. They were unable to find my information out by my email, name or 16 digit card number. After the search I was told that there was a third party company that enters the information. I asked for the customer service telephone number but they were unable to give me this information. Now my personal information is with a company that I did not even know I was using. Note this is the WORST EXPERIENCE!

Tip for consumers: Never Use You Will Regret!

tomc66
9/13/14

I would NEVER put anyone I love through the pain of dealing with this B.S. scam! The one good thing is that I receive the gift cards as gifts and I've never spent my hard earned money on this and lost it. The convenience fee is a total crock of $#*! because you can't even use the card at the box office. Seriously? Umm, hint for the $#*!s at Fandango: When you are scamming people out of their hard earned money don't make it so obvious. The fact that you can't use at the concession stand is a joke and the fact that you can't access the left over money on the card...Seriously $#*!tiest gift cards I've ever dealt with.....

Tip for consumers: Tip: just give cash don't buy gift cards if avoidable

movieg1
9/12/14

This whole operation is bogus! I bought gift cards for my wife and some friends and I kept a few for myself. The first time we used my wife's card, it took quite a while, but I finally was able to redeem it. Of course, the tickets actually cost much more than the face value by the time we added the convenience fee. The next time that I tried to buy tickets, neither of my remaining cards would work. I finally decided to lick my wounds and sacrifice the cost of the cards. When I tried to do a review on Fandango.com, I found that their review system is a bit different. As soon as I selected the first star, all of them lit up and it registered as a high review! Once again....Bogus....stay clear!

samuelr20
9/2/14

WOW
I can barley afford to take my kids to the movies as is, but to have FanDANGo keep $33, was hard to take. They do not have a refund policy, except that you HAVE to purchase within Two weeks and then send an Email for them to Decide if you get your money back.
I allowed my 14 YO son to set us up for a Movie purchase thru FanDANGo and he mistakenly purchased tickets for a Theater with the correct name, but its in IL and we live in GA. We immediately contacted fanDANGo and found out we lost the money. I had to take the boys to the movie after telling them that we were going to SPLURGE and go to the movies. So the Night at the Movies cost me have my Electric Bill money. I will never do business with fanDANGo again and I wouldn't suggest trying it.

Tip for consumers: Just don't. You can use other sites or purchase at the kiosk and still not have to stand in line. We need to detour companies from stealing from customers.

catherinel17
9/1/14

Company charged my PayPal account and then couldn't deliver the tickets either by print or text. Said their system did not show the confirmation number they emailed me. Said they would forward to a refunds department that would respond in 7-10 days. Have heard nothing and this is day 10. No one there seems to have any authority to do anything other than "pass along."

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE FANDANGO.

brianh88
8/21/14

FANDANGO puts the DANG into your online ticket buying experience. Terrible customer service. Hidden fee ($2.50), and no refunds!!!! The worst!

Tip for consumers: Avoid. Buy your tickets at the theatre since you have to stand in the same lines to pick up your Fandango tickets anyway.

kellyh56
8/18/14

My brother got me a gift card for my birthday, otherwise I never would have used it. Thought I could pay at the theatre, NOPE. I was annoyed, although admittedly it does say it on the fine print on the back of the card. Then, when I ordered tickets online, I was charged a "convenience" fee. Convenient for their bank accounts, I guess. Then, when I went to use the remainder on the gift card a few months later, the website couldn't process it at that time. Very disappointed, and it sucks that the fee they charge cuts into the gift, and now I don't even know if I'll be able to use the remainder of this gift card. I would have liked it if I could use it for concessions, too.
I will never order through Fandango again.

davidc161
8/16/14

Well, my first experience was not good with Fandango. I purchased a ticket online and then went to the theatre with my credit card as instructed. I thought I had the right machine but I ended up buying yet another ticket with the same credit card. Really, it should not be so easy to screw up. I might have to use this service again, but I really fear paying twice.

Tip for consumers: 1) Be absolutely sure you have the right theatre selected (it is there, but not as obvious as it should be). 2) Be absolutely sure you hand over the credit card to the right will call place when you get to the theatre.

nikib2
8/9/14

Absolute worst service ever. No refunds, no matter what. Completely f*'d up the opportunity for my boyfriend and me to see a movie even though I paid for it. Just because I accidentally ordered tickets to the wrong theater.

finam
8/8/14

Fandango Gift card disappointment-- "processing a fee"
"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. Majority retailors honor their gift cards as such! What a Rip-Off -- I will not recommend buying Fandango Gift cards.

nimeshk
8/6/14

This the worst website ever, please do not buy online ticket from this website. I bought it and they booked incorrect ticket and they are not refunding or changing the ticket

carissat
8/2/14

Horrible service, no refunds once so ever and my promo code said redeemed but it was not. I am so pissed at this service and I will never use them again. There is no going back once you buy a ticket for them. Just go to the theater

caroll15
7/9/14

I will never use Fandango again. I was not please that they charged me almost the price of a ticket just to process my order. That is ridiculous. I just made a purchase of several tickets for myself and several friends I wanted to treat.I assumed I could distribute the tickets to my friends individually, as we were all arriving at different times, from different parts of town.

When I went to print my tickets they were ALL on one sheet!! I contacted Fandango to see what I could do about it...NOTHING!!! We all had to arrive at one time and enter at one time in order to get in on this one ticket. What BS!

Seriously? Since when do numbers of professionals arrive anyplace at the same time? Get with the 21st century, Fandango. And for this you charged me almost the amount for another ticket?

What's the benefit?

As it turns out, we now have to miss the movie because one person was coming late.Since we ALL must wait for her, what's the use of having these tickets?

marias63
7/6/14

I tried to use previously purchased Groupons to buy tickets, but was not able to redeem them. Then I had to pay a service charge of $1.25 per ticket, so it cost me $7.50 for the inconvenience of buying tickets through this site. If I had not been given a couple of these giftcards, I never would have used this site. Also, I still need to go to the box office to get my tickets. Total waste of time.

dennisp29
6/2/14

I purchased two tickets to see a movie and Fandango did not send the tickets to my phone. We were unable to enter the theater and had to purchase a second set of tickets. I have contacted Fandango twice and they refuse to issue a refund for the tickets that they failed to deliver. Do not deal with this company, they refuse to refund money when they do not deliver the product purchased. I have filed a dispute with paypal and am awaiting the result.

joeb114
5/24/14

I used Fandango to purchase movie tickets ahead of traveling to the out of town theater thinking it would save me time avoiding the box office. Instead, I still had to visit the box office window and the ticket agent had to type in my code, wait for confirmation and print us tickets despite the printed form I presented. It would have been slightly faster to just pay at the box office and Fandango charged me a fee for their service. Complete waste of time and money!

ts77
5/24/14

I have used the Visa Signature 20% offer which saves a little bit of money. I have used the Fandango website more than a dozen times and I have never once had an uneventful transaction. The website either states that an unknown error has occurred or something else. Customer service is responsive but their website is really totally absolutely positively awful. I'd stay clear of it except to check movie times.

davidd93
5/21/14

I use this site to look up movie times ONLY. Purchased tickets once and was pretty surprised to see their service fee. Never again.

dabt
5/21/14

handy source of show times and info but don't buy tickets there. They charge a hefty convenience fee (buried in the fine print) and dealing with their customer service its obvious they are just trying to brush people off.

sharonr12
4/22/14

I paid $29 for 2 tickets to see "Noah" at the IMAX theater in Grand Blanc, MI. My companion came down with pneumonia and we were unable to go...I called the day before the showing. Fandango told me they would refund my money the next time I bought tickets from them (within a limited time)...I then spent another $19 for tickets to see 'Draft Day'. I called them about the refund. They then told me they were not going to refund my money, it was not their policy. This is the poorest and dishonest website I have ever dealt with. I am a big internet shopper, but this is the worst site I have ever heard of !! Customer beware! Warn you friends and organizations about this rip off.

gc15
3/31/14

Fandango reserved my tickets in the wrong state, so I didn't get to see the movie, and Fandango refused to in any way refund the service fee they charge for the tickets. The theater in the other state actually gave me my money for the movie I could not see, and they said they frequently get calls from people who gave Fandango money for a movie in the wrong state.

craigm45
3/20/14

They have the worst customer service ever. My daughter purchased tickets without my permission and then on the next day tore her ACL in a lacrosse game. I called twice, first on the unauthorized purchase, then on the torn acl, and they refused to refund the purchase. I contacted my credit card company and refused the authorization. Don't know the outcome, bur I can tell you theat Brandy..is terrible!
Dont ever use them...

danielp38
3/17/14

Worst customer service ever! I made a mistake buying tickets online. I contacted customer service through their costumer office website for a refund, I told them that I have to go with my wife to the hospital and will not be able to go to the move. They promised a response and a refund within 7 Day. Finlay I cold the office of customer service and I was told that will be no refund, the situation I have for not attending the move is not so problematic to request a refund.
Do not bay tickets from this side.

rachelc18
3/10/14

TERRIBLE customer service, do not waste your money.
My daughter got the book seriers Divergent, 2 of the books had peelable stickers to redeem for $8 toward a movie ticket. Once it was peeled the codes were not there, like they had been imbedded in the cover of the book. I contact their customer service and repeatedly send emails with 2 attached pictures of the coupons. everytime it sends back saying no attachments. I talked to a guy on the phone, he was NO help at all. I asked him to take my number and he said well I can't call you back. and their email is so poor that you have to fill out your reply in a specific part of the email or they will not get it. Epic fail.

jonm42
3/9/14

Worst website on the internet. Wants you to open your computer to ALL cookies, which causes a security breach, then won't let you login - even if you try 2 browsers. Had to drive 10 miles to the theater in St. Louis to buy tickets in advance. AMC is nuts for using Fandango. I'll never waste my time with Fandango again. They have no posted help line, but theater gave it to me: Fandango support number is 866-857-5191. But they are as useless to talk to as their website is to use. I probably have opened up my computer to all kinds of security breaches and still couldn't buy tickets. I've logged into 25 other websites for my work in the past 2 days and had problems with NONE of them. Fandango stinks.

daveg32
3/5/14

When someone buys a card, and gives as a gift, then we find that the number doesn't work 3 months later....and worst of all there is no place to fix this from FANDANGO website.

I would feel terrible going back to the gift'er..."hey your card doesn't work".

These electronic cards are useless...use cash, or take them out with you.

I just have to say it.....Fandango cards SUCK!

lisah71
3/2/14

Won a Fandango gift card at work - what a scam! You cannot use the gift card at the movie theater - tickets HAVE to be purchased online so there is no way to avoid the $1.25 INconvenience fee. Ridiculous! Plus I can only actually buy tkts through Fandango for one chain in my area - none of the others even accept them. The other theaters must already realize what a rip-off it is for their patrons. If I was planning to give a movie gift card I would buy one for the movie chain itself.

mistera
2/21/14

Worst customer service ever! My daughter made a mistake buying tickets online. I contacted customer service through their website. They promised a response within 24 hours. After getting no reply after 4 days, I sent another message. Again, not response, then they declared my problem "SOLVED" (yes, they wrote it in caps).

And, of course, they kept the money. They are horrible. Just horrible. I will never use Fandago again.

stevent29
2/14/14

I searched and booked a movie For Feb 14th. The Movie did not even open till the 14th. My tickets were made for the 13th. I tried to call them and was on hold for 2 hours then I was hung up on. I tried the live chat and after a 1.5 hour hold I was disconnected in 15 seconds. The website will not allow emailed questions and answers to go through. All in all this is the worst service provider I have ever used. about 4 hours of my time wasted trying to get the tickets straightened out and I was NEVER able to communicate with anyone!!!

The BBB should shut this servers provider down!!!!!

maddiem2
2/13/14

If I could give them 0 stars, I would. They actually tried to make me purchase more tickets in order to get a refund.

mikes205
2/10/14

DO NOT BUY TICKETS from these crooks. If you will not be able to go to the movie you will lose all your money. I bought 5 tickets for my kid and 4 other kids for a movie, and the date by mistake was chosen wrong. Right after the purchase, I chat with them and NO REFUND with this suckers. DO NOT BUY ONLINE> Just go to the theater bit early and by tickets there you'll save extra bucks that these crooks call "Convenience fee" or suckers fee. Save that and your peace of mind.

I gave one star because there is not MINUS (or negative) stars. YOU"LL lose your happy event in case of a situation like mine.

They are the worst ever crooks, suckers and ........s in the ticketing business. There is nothing for them to prevent making a refund for us. Tickets are cheaper at the theater (Less suckers fee). so go to the theater buy your tickets there whenever you are ready and have a HAPPY MOVIE.

I will post this message for all everywhere so others will save their bucks from these MFs.

markl78
2/9/14

I wish I had read the reviews for Fandango before buying the gift cards. What a mistake! Basically 25% of the value of my $25 gift card is eaten up by convenience fees. This is a huge rip off and the company should be ashamed of itself.

garyv11
2/2/14

Yes, I made the mistake of buying these $25.00 cards for xmas gifts thinking they were cards you could use at the theater. Not only are you going to pay a convenience fee but you'll be be paying allot more for the actual tickets. My senior parents usually pay $13.00 for two tickets. Fandago will charge 19.00 + the Fees ! And this is if they even offer tickets for the theater and movie you want to see. I really feel duped. Never Again!

gandmaraf
2/1/14

Same experience as others below. Fandango claimed that AMC Van Ness 14 had reserved seating, so I was willing to pay the extra convenience fee. Fandango's process very cleverly says "At the end of your purchase process for a reserved seat on Fandango, you will be provided with a specific seat number on your confirmation page that will be waiting for you when you get to the theater". Which of course turned out to be a lie, and since it's the END of the purchase process you have already paid for the ticket. Talk about "this way to the egress". Never booking again through these hucksters.

rayf14
1/26/14

DO NOT USE Fandango. We received a Fandango gift card as a gift, and tried to use at the theatre, but were informed that it could only be used online. When we used it online, they charged us $1.25 per ticket as a "convenience fee". This is a rip-off. The $25 gift card turned out only being worth $21.25 - the remaining $3.75 went to "convenience fees".

judiet
1/20/14

We received a Gift Card for Christmas but it is not a gift card but rip off. You must purchase tickets on line and pay a $2.50 convenience fee which makes to cost of using the card about twice what we normally pay at the first play of the day ($10.50) vs $19.50 for two tickets at the first play of the day. I don't feel this site deserves any rating at all but you cannot choose a "no rating"

sa8387
1/19/14

If you like getting completely $#*!ing ripped off and dealing with the most embarrassing excuse for "customer service" EVER, then Fandango is just for you!
I'd rather walk through every circle of hell getting raped by demons than deal with them again.
My entire family, friends, and facebook have all agreed to ban Fandango. There are so many other options available to the public there should be no excuse to use them.
Save yourselves.