US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

I received a gift card and tried to purchase a movie online on my laptop. (in 50 reviews)

dabt

handy source of show times and info but don't buy tickets there. (in 100 reviews)

finam

"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. (in 12 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

shannond15
5/18/15

I purchased tickets for a movie for last Friday night. We went, it was a great movie! However today I discovered I was charged twice and there were 2 confirmation email sent. I contacted support and since I didn't discover it before the movie time there is nothing they will do about it. I will never use Fandango again!!

babettew
5/16/15

Our first let down was that fangango could not be used at the ticket window. You have to buy tickets online before the movie. So the next time I bought online before the movie my daughter forgot I had bought the tickets online and paid at the theater. I cannot get a credit because I didn't give 2 hours notice even though I paid only 15minutes before the movie started and could not possibly have canceled two hours before because I did not even purchase them 2hours before.

djf1
5/12/15

Honestly, I think Fandango is a great company. I am able to buy the tickets when I am at work on my mobile device (honestly, why would I use a work computer when I know there is a block in the system, like how stupid can you be?) I ALWAYS make sure to DOUBLE check my order before purchasing, I don't want to blame the company for a mistake I obliviously made. And If I have any issues, I always make sure that I am purchasing at least two hours before the showtime to be able to refund or exchange my order.
I have read through all of these reviews and it seems that most, if not all of you are blaming the company for your own stupid and obvious mistakes.
I get it, so a customer service rep is rude. Well how the heck did you start of the call? I bet ya'll were rude as hell. No one is gonna help you with that kind of attitude. I get it, it's their job to help us but that does not excuse your response or actions.
They are doing what their company is telling them to do and you are not the only one that is having a bad day when you purchase for the incorrect theater, date or movie.
Is is YOUR responsibility to make sure you are confirming that everything is correct before you complete your purchase. They just obviously can't say that over the phone.
If a gift card doesn't work for you, I bet you 95% of the problem is being caused by your sheer stupidity.If you do not know how to purchase online, just give the gift card to someone who does or ask for help nicely. If you are pissed you could not use it at the theater, then you are some new kind of stupid. You wouldn't take an AMC gift card to a Regal theater now would you?! Duhhh! you use it on Fandango.com to get your tickets. Mad about the fees? Well every god damn website you purchase from will charge you fees! You are using their service, they need to stay in bushiness. I bet you guys don't know that Fandango helps the theater sell their tickets, they do not get any part of the ticket price. So when the theater tells you it's a Fandango issue, they are lying because it is their tickets, they get the money. The theater just doesn't want to deal with you crazy mother$#*!ers. And I see why. You complain about every detail yet you should be the ones feeling stupid.
Check yourself before making a review. And treat customer service with the respect they deserve to put up with you, stupid $#*!s.

austinj8
5/12/15

Well, its safe to say Fandango has lost yet another customer. Apparently they dont understand the concept of making their customers happy so that they will come back again in the future. No, they are the dirty, low down car salesmen of the movie-going industry, only looking to wring all their customers dry. I guess they figure that they basically have a ticket selling monopoly going right now so why be a business that wants to help the small guy ? I bought multiple $21 IMAX tickets for the wrong theatre without realizing, so i showed up at the other theatre and had to buy new tickets there. As soon as i found out this happened, i contacted customer service thinking surely they could help refund my unused tickets right at the beginning of the screening time. But no, you have to call at least 2 hours before the screening to possibly get a refund. Now maybe i can understand the whole before the movie deal, but is two hours really necessary? I highly doubt it, every online interaction is almost instantaneous in this day and age and if its not for fandango, they need to step their game up. To me, it seems like the big wigs of fandango got together to try and come up with the most strict return policy they could without seeming too sleepy... so they thought "hey, the majority of movie goers probably dont even purchase tickets more than 2 hours before the movie, so just nullify their refund if its after that time period. Why? just because we can." I mean is it really that much of a burden to try and help out a new customer one time? If customer service isnt willing to help they could at least not disconnect on me mid conversation while i am typing. Unbelievable, DONT BUY FROM FANDANGO. I would love to see them go under and im glad to know im nowhere near the only one.

jd102
5/11/15

Fandango had me register for VIP membership, I bought three tickets totaling 51 bucks but I got held up at work and we couldn't make the showing. I did not know about their two hour hassle free cancellation policy. I didn't want a refund simply to be able to walk into any theater and be able to use the tickets I paid for. Customer service was the worst, I am not kidding. I was going to just let it go and let them keep the money but they were so rude. Filing a complaint. Please stay away it's better to just buy the tickets at the cinema and not through Fandango..it's not VIP if they haggle and take a hard stance regarding tickets.

jonathanh52
5/6/15

Successfully applied THREE $10 giftcards to a purchase of three tickets, checkout page showed ~$11 and some change to be charged to my VISA. Authorized the payment, and went to watch the movie with my roommates. Come back to a confirmation email that says I am charged ~$41 and their $#*!ty customer service representative denies that it was their fault, and cannot apply giftcards after the purchase. No $#*! you can't apply giftcards after purchase, they were applied beforehand and were verified during checkout. The scam of a company would not refund me or do anything to mitigate this situation, they don't give a $#*! about customer service and who they scam.

Now I have a debit of $41 dollars in my bank account, and all 3 of the giftcards were thrown away since they were assumed used.

This purchase was made with one of my roommates next to me who can confirm the final price of ~$11 during checkout, this was not my human error.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Fandango, they also charge you a stupid service fee, just buy your tickets at the theater.

pingl6
5/5/15

If you want to report an issue on their contact customer service web page, you spend time to fill out their poorly designed question form, then you will receive an email like this:
[===> Please enter your reply below this line <===]
Discussion Thread
Auto-Response

.....

Then something copied from their Q&A webpage.

You spent another 10 minutes looking for their 866 phone number, spent another 10 minutes talking with an associates on the phone, hoping someone could be reached and discuss the issue. Then you hear the same info repeating on the web page.

It is a you play my way, or you go away company.

richarde17
5/4/15

For Seniors a movie is a treat. My wife and I decided to take our "young" 50+ year old friends to a movie. On the way going there one of our friends got sick, so we turned around and went home. Turns out you have to tell them in advance you won't be there. $45 to see nothing and no refund, no exchange. They even cut me off on live chat!

kelsiee
5/3/15

I accidentally purchased tickets for a city 8 hours away. While waiting for customer service, I kept being jumped around in the waiting queue. I would be #4 then pushed to #5...then #4 again and pushed to #5. Then I made it to #1 and was pushed to #2...then #1 and pushed to #2 again.
Finally, when I talked to someone, they couldn't even give credit so I could buy the ticket for the correct theater.

I have learned my lesson. If I want to ensure we have tickets for a movie, we will just go to the theater extra early or not see the movie at all.

richardp70
5/3/15

I purchased tickets recently for the age of Ultron showing of avengers 2. I tried a theater that only had reserved seating, so I would be guaranteed a seat. Well fandango oversold the show and we eneded up only being to see it in 2d. AMC compensated us so I have nothing bad to say about them but all Fandango did was make excuses. Man up and take responsibility for your mistakes. I will use fandango for movie times but I will purchase my tickets directly tru amc next time.

joes470
5/3/15

Fandango sucks, worst company ever. useless website and customer service. I have a $25 gift card that the system tells me has a balance of $25 but the system will not process it. what a joke. on hold for 35 minutes and nobody and when i finally get an operator they accuse me of trying to doctor their website to get free tickets.

shellil
5/2/15

Stupid Customer Service at Fandango. We live in Kansas City and accidentally purchased movie tickets to a theater in Pennsylvania. Called fandango immediately to try and correct the problem, but they held to their no refund policy within two hours of showtime. C'mon, really? $24 for tickets to a movie we obviously can't be at. NEVER TRUST THEM!

brendat13
5/2/15

Took my money but gave no tickets and no refund. purchased tickets using my phone. Never got the confirmation email. All I had was the Internet screen showing the scan code. When I pulled the screen up it logged me out before I could get it scanned. Was on hold for 35 min and then they told me I had to call 2 hours ahead. They are sorry for my frustration. But not sorry enough to keep a customer.

keithl29
5/2/15

Never received e-ticket and they said it was my fault. Then I was hung up on. Worst ever.

geoffg5
5/2/15

Purchased tickets to a 7:30 showing of avengers on May 2nd. This is the date that was shown on the confirmation screen when I submitted the purchase. Open email, and lo and behold, tickets are for May 1. Thanks to Fandango's ridiculous refund policy, I cannot get a refund because they sent me tickets to the incorrect day which is not 2 hours before showtime. Tried to get customer service to rectify this, apparently Fandango believes that I should be responsible for their %%^&&% web code that shows a confirmation screen for the wrong product. Hopefully the theater will help me out when I speak with them, or else its a chargeback for you Fandango, fix your $#*!ty web code so that the product on the confirmation screen is the same as what comes in the email.

johnj179
5/1/15

I tried to purchase tickets for a showing of The Avengers on my birthday to go with my wife and friends. I could have sworn I purchased them for the correct date (opening day), but ended up purchasing them for the night before instead. The purchase time ended up being 5 minutes before the showing*. I realized my mistake but Fandango's policy is to only refund tickets more than 2 hours before the showing so I never had an opportunity to fix it. I called customer service the following day (was closed at the time of purchase) to explain and they refused to do anything about it.

The theatre however was much more amicable to my situation, and honored the tickets anyway after I explained the situation. So kudos to them -- Fandango customer service sure could learn something from them.

* - I know I selected May 1 but I think I had done something in another tab which reset the time in the first one. I'm a senior web app developer and understand how this can happen... but I couldn't have done anything about it. Their web app also never sent me an email confirmation. I know that I checked the spam quarantine (paid spam filtering) and junk mail folder. It just never showed up.

lorid17
4/28/15

Fandango says they refund or exchange tickets if VIP. Not really, only under very limited circumstances and prior to the show. Waste of money and they won't exchange for same movie, same theatre. Lesson learned, don't Fandango!

vt4
4/25/15

We used a gift card for $25. After adding the price of two tickets and the "convenience fee", we actually had to add a credit card to cover the remainder for $.20!! What a scam!!! The price at the theater was $10.50 and the price on fandango was $11.25! So they up charge and then add their fee!! Never again!

danielj44
4/12/15

I never imagined this would be such a horrible experience.
No where did I see I was being charged ab additional $25 fee but there is on my banking statement.

armina1
4/10/15

I purchased two tickets on regal cinemas app, after confirming the purchase I saw my tickets for few seconds, then the app jumped back to home page. My tickets were gone, no email, no text nothing. My PayPal account was however charged. I contacted regal they said I should contact fandango. I called fandango and they said they can ONLY give refunds 2 HOURS prior to Showtime. I bought the tickets 30 min before Showtime and they just took the money and gone. Terrible customer service. Piece of crap app.

josephd51
4/7/15

I wanted to buy two tickets for a dollar theater, I clicked add two tickets at $1.00 each, the total said $2.00. I added my credit card information and then clicked submit order, scrolled down the page about an inch and saw that at the last second they tacked on a $2.70 service charge.... ON A $2 PURCHASE. Seriously worst company ever.

tammyb28
4/6/15

This is such a scam... you go to the Sandy Union Heights Theater on MSN Entertainment to buy your movie tickets, you select your movie and time you want to attend. You go to FANDANGO to purchase said tickets and it changes it from a Cinemark Theater in Sandy Union Heights to a Megaplex Theater in West Valley. You don't realize what they have done, until your at the wrong theater, (which should have been the right one). They refuse to give you a refund so you paid for a movie twice that you only saw once. Save yourself the hassle and buy your tickets at www.cinemark.com. Someone should get a hold of get Gebhardt on this one. Crappy Customer Services and Business Practices!!!

janiceo2
4/5/15

this is the worst website ever!and you thought pirchasin tickets online is convenient wromg!its my first time,the guy in amc said i got the wrong theater and can get a refund didnt say ya have to call two hours bfore the movie time.so disappointed it was an imax tickets for petesake not even a lil consideration for a first timer.so the ticket wasnt used,my money is just gone!dont use this website!

ashleyg43
4/4/15

Spoke to a "Tory" girl. She was to worst rep ever! She does not do anything to help out the costumber. Especially a first time costumber for this website. First and last time!! DO NOT USE THIS WEBSITE!! I would rather go and wait in line to buy tickets. No supervisors available was her response when I asked to speak to one. The wait for a rep to even answer was up to an hour!! And for no help. How disappointing. I will call the bank to dispute the charge, since they weren't able to help for nothing! Horrible.

barrym22
3/28/15

You buy the tickets on their website. They say they will send a confirmation email. They don't. You contact their support chat and no one answers (20 minutes waiting so far).
So. Let's review. You paid them to get you a ticket. You now have to go to the box office at the theater and wait and line and straighten out their screwup.
How is this better than just going to the theater and buying the ticket??
Oh yeah, you can't get refunds either. It is the definition of less than worthless.

Tip for consumers: Don't do it. Most theaters have their own ticketing site. It's less money, it's more reliable and the DO give refunds.

cm78
3/22/15

There was a problem at the theatre with the credit card reader and I had left my phone at home, so didn't have the confirmation number. Both the theatre and Fandango refused to refund the extra set of tickets. Not using Fandango again. Very unhelpful.

devinf12
3/13/15

I got a great gift from a family member, a movie gift card from Fandango! It didn't work. The movie theatre close by that was listed from Fandango as a participating theatre, Nordica Theatre (which is a fantastic theatre!!A++) didn't accept it. FANDANGO is a SCAM. How can this exist in 2015? Burn Fandango to the ground.

gailh39
3/1/15

I will never use Fandango again. We bought $70.00 worth of tickets and one of our party had to go to the emergency room with a serious medical problem. I called (after searching), listened to a long list of items and got a representative (who was fine--not great, not bad) who explained that they do not refund for any reason (ER?) but that if I buy the same number of tickets for another showing within 48 hours, they will credit me. I have a friend in the ER and some obligations there and I will not know within 48 hours when I can take 4 people to the movies. THERE IS NO ADVANTAGE TO BUYING WITH FANDANGO, unless one expects the film to be sold out and there is much to lose.

borisg10
3/1/15

Today I purchased 2 tickets (33$ total), but heavy snow started and no cleaning streets (yes I leave in NJ so it is normal here), and I was to drive 1 hour in such weather. I decided not to risk my and my daughter's life and was wonder if I can refund (2 hours left before movie). I called phone service and online chat and in both case I got the same - they don't refund even you refuse enough time before show time. What the point of their service then? They charging fee for beforehand purchase, but there is no problems now to buy any tickets in AMC (no movies like Harry Potter anywhere on horizon). Really scam - they asked me repurchase for any other day and time - pay my money again (!) and then they will probably refund my first tickets (but not for sure?). What the point of such online service - to feed unneeded customer service? Will never again use fandango.com, very frustrated to meet something like this in USA, used it for 10 years and paid their fees. but it is appeared for nothing.

henryf17
2/28/15

Wow, my tickets were $27.50 for 2 adult and 1 child ticket and just before I hit "purchase"" I saw $31.20? $3.70 convenience fee? More than 10% of the cost of my tickets? I use Fandango for "convenience" when looking up show times but I will NEVER buy tickets when their fees are passed to me! #hellonetflix

jayl131
2/28/15

I received a gift card and tried to purchase a movie online on my laptop. The giftcard kept reading invalid. I called and had horrible wait times and never got through. I decided to try it on my cell phone with the mobile app...it went right through. Don't know why/how...but for those who didn't try that. Try it and see if it works. Convenience fee, but NO convenience...esp if I still have to wait in the same line to show confirmation...#foolishness. Only beneficial if it's a movie that will be sold out because it guarantees your seat.

karap4
2/28/15

Because I used fandango I had to pay extra (service fees I didn't see until too late), lost my regal rewards coupons I always get when I buy tickets normally, and still had to wait in line to get 3D glasses. And they failed to respond in a timely fashion and then refused to refund my purchase. I will never ever ever use this "service" again.

Tip for consumers: Don't.

wliehq
2/22/15

poorly and stupidly designed website aimed at scamming consumers

Tip for consumers: DO NOT patronize.

lisap82
2/18/15

I bought 2 gift cards and NEITHER ONE worked! I called customer service because the cards were paid in full and should be able to be redeemed, but I swear they must have 3 customer service reps for the whole company. Waited an incredible amount of time to speak to a real human, and so far nothing. I just feel robbed. Money wasted.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY ON A GIFT CARD.

renod1
2/18/15

Received a $50, Fandango gift card. But it is worthless. Contacted the person that gave it to me. They say it is good. They are definitely not the kind of people to give bunk gifts. I have tried to phone Fandago but was on "hold for over 1 HOUR!" Then I gave up. The Fandango web site has a, "CONTACT US" feature. When I tried to use it it actually said I would have to wait 57 minutes before asking my question! This is the worst company I have ever dealt with. Once they get your money they don't want to honor their end of the bargain. SAVE YOURSELF THE MONEY, DONT BUY OR GIVE FANDANGO GIFT CARDS.

Tip for consumers: Don't purchase anything from FANDANGO. You are just buying into aggravation and frustration. Absolutely the worst customer service ever.

labio
2/17/15

I bought 2 ticket through fandango and wasn't able to make d show because of bad weather. Called customer service and was on d phone for 1hr 37mins without getting someone to speak to. I even sent an email, which the website mentioned a 24hr reply service. It's now 72hrs and still no reply. I have been calling the customer service # for 3 days now on an average of 1hr on d phone and still no one to speak to. I will NEVER purchase a ticket through them again. Ref#:10724377298581

vanessab17
2/15/15

Their website is great for if you want to buy tickets and there is no inclement weather or anything where you live. I had a great experience until there was a huge snowstorm making me unable to get to the theater I purchased tickets to. I called and tried to go on the live chat since Friday 2/13/15 and I waited and waited. On that Friday, I waited from being number 120 something online to being number 1 and they kicked me out of the chat. I called simultaneously while doing this and all the reps were busy. I called today (the day I was supposed to see it) and I waited AN HOUR AND TWENTY MINUTES on the phone until someone picked up. The sad part is while I was on the phone I had been waiting online for LONGER and I got my question answered twice and they both said the same thing. They said that in 3-5 days my request will be processed and I should hear back about getting a refund. I don't understand why they didn't just give it to me then but I'll make sure to write another review of how crappy their process is when it comes to refunding and how incredibly horrible the customer support wait is.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM THEM UNLESS YOU KNOW FOR SURE YOU DO NOT NEED A REFUND.

kenf3
2/15/15

I have a Fandango gift card. When I tried to use the card to pay for a a movie today, it told me the combination of Card# and Claim code isn't valid--I tried multiple variations of claim code and card# entries to no avail. None of the examples of gift cards on the website matched mine. When I checked the card on the website, it told me I have $25. Then when I tried to contact customer service number, it told me to call back later and hung up on me. When I tried to chat, I was told the wait time was 39 minutes...really!?! Since this is my first time using Fandango, the impression was not good and nothing that would make me want to use the website again.

Tip for consumers: Horrible first impression on all fronts. Avoid

jerrys45
2/15/15

2 hours on hold are they kidding! Never got help so my gift card is useless! What a scam!

clintj3
2/15/15

DO NOT PURCHASE GIFT CARDS FOR YOUR FRIENDS AND FAMILY IT WILL DISAPPOINT THEM.

Been on hold for 20 minutes so far with customer "bend over" service. The website says gift card invalid at checkout. So I rack my brain thinking of if i used it.... I didnt. I checked the balance on the website and it still has its original face value balance. Can't use it according to other reviews so that is it.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY GIFT CARDS UNLESS YOU WANT TO DISAPPOINT THE RECEIVER OF THE GIFT.

jm133
2/14/15

Tried using a gift card from Christmas and getting error message. Tried calling and now on hold for almost 30 minutes...still haven't gotten through. This is ridiculous. Terrible company to deal with- will never purchase from again. POOR customer service and website.

Tip for consumers: Plan on being on hold a LONG time.

kavitab1
2/14/15

Was trying to exchange tickets for earlier movie on same day. Waited on the phone for over an hour, and on-line for over 90 minutes without response. Fortunately, theater manager helped us make a trade. Will not use their service again.

toddh24
2/14/15

I got gift cards for Christmas... finally decided to use them today, got some error like bad code or expired then i check the balance using their site and the balance is the value on the front of the card. called customer service, been on hold for 1 hr exactly. I'm going to hang up and ask my brother to never waste his money on these gift cards . I'm going to grind these up and never look back. i might even look into shorting this company if its publically traded.

michellec69
2/13/15

I haven't even been able to get a hold of any customer support. I called last night and waited over 30 minutes before I gave up. Today I tried the live chat and was almost the 400th person in line, with an average wait time of over 30 minutes. What is up with this company? I will never use their site again. I only used it because I got a gift card and even with that I am reluctant. It's like they don't want to deal with anyone but will take your money,

Tip for consumers: Stay far, far away. Total hassle.

cindys48
2/12/15

Very disappointed. Service fee, hassle of requiring on line purchase only, will never go this route again. Only AMC from now on

skellyh
2/9/15

We ordered tickets through Fandango but when we got to the theater they would not honor them. I have made several attempts to get a refund but cannot get a person, the chat line is a 22 minute wait, and entering the question on the website multiple times over the past week has not resolved the issue.

Tip for consumers: Do not recommend. No customer service. No way to resolve issues such as theater not accepting tickets.

davek48
2/8/15

My father passed away and I wanted to take my mother out for a movie. After buying tickets through Fandango, I realized that the theater requires you to reserve your seat ahead of time. The few seats available were spread all throughout the theater. Fandango refused to change me to a later showtime, a different theater, or refund my money, even though I contacted them several hours before the showtime. Terrible, rude customer service, and a HORRIBLE exchange/return policy. Will NEVER give waste another penny of my money on them.

Tip for consumers: Stay away!

debb525
2/8/15

Ugh. Made a big mistake. With Fandango - you pay more and still have to wait in line. Never again. I regret giving gift cards to others - I hope they worked

dennisc32
2/5/15

SCAMDANGO!!!! Do not do business with this company. An error during booking and they will not make it right, stay away, stay far away!!!

Tip for consumers: Stay away, stay far away

johnm419
2/1/15

Paid for a babysitter, bought movie tickets, then when we got there they said the movie was sold out. They refunded our tickets but said it would take a week to get our money back.