US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

Convenience fee, but NO convenience...esp if I still have to wait in the same line to show confirmation...#foolishness. (in 60 reviews)

finam

Fandango Gift card disappointment-- "processing a fee"
(in 79 reviews)

farahs4

I contacted Fandango this morning about a refund and she says the time frame for refunds is 2 hours after purchasing. (in 42 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

evilh
4/25/16

Fandango is cool, but I still had to wait in line. not fandango's fault! AMC just needs to pair up with fandango better. overall a good company!

dpatb
4/16/16

The customer service is the worst I've experienced in years. I've used this website on many occasions without a hitch, but the FIRST TIME I ran into a problem I got zero cooperation from their online chat support (which I came to believe was a bot). Like so many others leaving poor reviews for this thieving website, I was unable to make it to a movie for which I had bought tickets and was told I could receive neither a refund nor a credit b/c of their idiotic 2-hour window for changes.

Do not use this website. It's just as easy to wait in line or stop by the theater the day before. And if you don't make it to the movie, they'll probably even help you exchange your tickets for another showing.

jimmyg28
4/13/16

I purchased three tickets, to a show 45 min before showtime, I was charged a fee to purchase online . The ticket office closed before I could notify them that I could not make the movie . I contacted customer service the next day and was told , because I purchased the tickets in the two hour window I could not get a refund or exchange the tickets for another show . The customer service person ended the chat while I was typing . I joined the VIP membership that is worthless and lost over 30 dollars .

stephenw73
4/13/16

Our son sent us two tickets by text but we were on a flight home. By the time I turned on my phone the movie had started. I contacted Fandango within an hour but since we had missed the two hour cancellation window we were told we were "out of luck." Will certainly never use this service!

johnd544
4/11/16

We could not use the card in person but then charge you a $2.70 convenience charge when we used it on line. The whole program seems illegal.

lorid34
4/8/16

Got a fandango movie card as a gift. Went to the movie theatre to use it and was told I had to go online and order the tickets. Decided to use it at a later date and paid. Fast forward . Went online to use my gift card. Purchased two tickets for 9.50 each and was charged 2.70 cents.
My balance said zero. Wouldn't print out the tickets kept getting error message . Had to call and listen for fifteen minutes to option after option until I finally was able to speak with a human. I had to start at the beginning and renter all of my info and was told they charge a fee for all transactions. So for a 25 gift card I get two movie tickets. Are you KIDDING me ?
I would just rather a movie card from the theatre that you can also use for snacks!
WHAT A RIP OFF.. HOW DO THEY GET AWAY WITH THIS AND WHY DO PEOPLE KEEP BUYING THEM FOR GIFTS.....

brandonk25
4/4/16

My girlfriend and I booked tickets to see a movie, and ended up not going because her father had a stroke. I contacted customer service the next day and although I couldn't get my cash back I was issued a Fandango credit which means the money we used for this movie can be used to see the next one. Very thankful to the staff.

ellenr21
4/2/16

They charged me for the tickets I requested and never bought the tickets from the theater, ended up paying twice, for something that was their fault, I think we should get together and start a class action suit against them!

evad19
4/2/16

Fandango's hard line posturing to their customers is outdated and wrong. If a customer makes a mistake - ok - but if the site makes the mistake they act like it is still the customers fault. Fandango site sent me to the Esquire theater to Eye in the Sky at 7 PM - the movie I was meeting my friends for. I paid a convenience fee for my convenience because it was sure not to sell out. Upon arriving Fandango booked my ticket for the Esquire in another city. Even though they request to turn location on when your use their site. Location show me in Denver. They would not refund me even though I had to buy another ticket when I got there. The worst was the way their customer service agents on chat acted - why even have a chat? They acted like cold heart-ed robots. They were helpful in closing my account I had for NINE years though (really weird) - Fandango is an outdated corporate culture this is vile to their customers. Yuck - I feel like I have cooties after trying to get this resolved - yuck- yuck - yuck!

kawsara1
3/29/16

I will never buy from Fandango Again. I wasted around $115. All you guys offered is a lousy sorry. I walked in the local theater bought tickets again and without convince fee. I know it was not within the time frame for refund and it was my mistake. I asked if I can maybe get half fandango credit or some sort compensation. Now I will never use Fandango again. Will try to keep my friends and family again and spread the message of your $#*!ty customer service on social media.

michelleb184
3/26/16

Like all others, due to error on their part, I am paying! Confirmation email not received so ordered tickets again. Of course, confirmation email arrives after 2nd purchase. The time, frustration and money trying to get my $72.50 back is inexcusable.

billj68
3/25/16

Absolutely no customer service / plus gift card charge a surcharge when buying tickets - 2.70 on a 17.50 purchase - 15% charge - plus it left a 4.80 balance which may have another surcharge if ever used again - probably won't use.

NEVER GIVE a FANDANGO GIFT CARD - they need to go under - terrible customer service phone service that keeps you on hold - and has annoyingly long explanations on areas that do not pertain to anything to get you to a person on line.

eronf
3/23/16

I purchased tickets to Batman V Superman for Wednesday the 23, VIP. I Get to the theater, and they said its cancelled. I took off work to see this movie and all they could say is sorry.

brandong23
3/21/16

Had a similar issue of multiple charges to my account. I panicked after reading reviews on this site and others about them refusing refunds. Especially since it was the next day.

I was on hold for an extremely long time- over an hour and a half. Within this time I explored disputing the charge with my bank and other options.

Got a hold of a customer rep- explained the situation to her and she got me a refund on all the duplicate orders without issue. Was shocked when the emails came through that they would be processing a full refund. So maybe I just got lucky?

tomm1060
3/20/16

I wish I read reviews before using fandango I would have saved a lot of aggravation. When ordering tix was told there was an error twice only to discover both purchases went through. Now after giving up trying to call them after a half hour on hold their website will not complete refund.I wish I could leave negative rating

darins16
3/20/16

Not sure if the $80 I lost was worse than the 30 minutes on hold while the wait music consisted of ONE SONG REPEATED. I'm sure the artist was a criminally insane drunk smashing his face into a piano.

mirandaw8
3/19/16

Bad customer service sat on hold for an 60 minutes when they answered they were rude and put me back on hold I wanted to talk to a supervisor after another 20 mi Utes I hung up

vaina
3/18/16

Went on the site ordered two tickets, site said "error" so I logged off the site. Hour later checked bank account they charged me the $26.00, call customer service got nobody! Thieves!

nellag
3/18/16

I tried purchasing tickets after each purchase it said error so I tried again and still said error found out it charge my credit card three times even though it kept saying error after I tried to purchase ...... You can refund on the website but they don't redund convince fees.... After calling customer service and speaking with a very rude woman I will no supposedly get my refund in 5 days ........ She said well I can redund your card or put it in a fandango gift card!!!?!??! Total scam to try to put money on their gift card ...... The lady also said maybe it was a glitch in the system and never happens but after reading other reviews it occurs All the time!!!! Never again

chadb22
3/15/16

As a first time user I will admit to purchasing the tickets for the wrong day. I tried to work with multiple different customer service agents and an alleged supervisor and they all hid behind policy. After verify the movie wasn't sold out (where the movie theater may have turned other paying customers away) they still were unwilling to accommodate an exchange for a later day (2 days later) where the seating was wide open. Will never use this site again.

davidc327
3/13/16

Purchasing a ticket and was charged $3.75 for convenience fee!

gaylae1
3/11/16

I have been purchasing tickets from this company for years and the one time I need some understanding they chose to hide behind policy. So I was on my way to pick up my son from school when my steering wheel locked up while driving several times pushing me into oncoming traffic.....so there was no way I was going to go to a movie with my kids in that car!!!!! I chose to take my car to Toyota to get it checked out for the safety of my children who I drive to school every day over a movie....wouldn't of even made to the movie. So I bought the tickets at 11:28 and movie was at 1:45 but because I didn't call 2 hours before which would have given me a whole 17 minutes after my purchase and while I was trying to keep my car from crashing into oncoming traffic ....but they didn't care. I WILL NEVER USE THEM AGAIn and I will relay this to everyone on FB so they know just how callous a company they are!

erint18
3/11/16

Used Fandango last night to buy tickets to a show 15 minutes later. When I clicked the purchase button it went to an error page. I woke up this morning and realized I got a confirmation number so I called customer service. I told them the purchase never went through from what I could see and if I could get a credit or refund. The request sounded simple enough but they said they would not give me a refund because it was not 2 hours before the show when I requested it. Horrible customer service , do not use them for your ticket purchases. The $12 was obviously too important for them to lose over a customer

miken81
3/10/16

The website is great. The customer service is terrible. I contacted them concerning a mistake made when ordering tickets, contacting them immediately, and because of the order being within the 2 hour window (because the date was entered in error) I was told there was nothing they could do. I did however receive a lecture about how I should TELL my wife how to check everything before clicking order. I found the support inadequate as well as insulting. I am referred to a policy that you have to drill into to find the thing they so prominently state (the 2 hour rule). How many people read the colored words in a policy? It is a shame that such a promising program can be ruined by crappy customer support.

heidit7
3/6/16

I purchased tickets through fandago, horrible experience. I will never use it again. The process on trying to get refunded for tickets is a joke and the representatives are not helpful. I noticed when I went to write a review that they are rated very lowits unfortunate that customer service has went out the door. I wish I would have looked at the reviews before I purchased. I will tell my friends and family to avoid using fandago so they don't have to go through trouble with this company.

jesw1
3/4/16

UPDATE:
CHECK WITH YOUR CREDIT CARD COMPANY, I just did, it turned out when it said an error accurred, Fandango charged me three times on my credit card for the convenience fee. The Fandango rep insist there's only two charges she sees and told me to wait 48hours for the system to update. I phoned my credit card company for a second time and confirm the number of charges and she sees three (3) $0.70 each. She suggest that I wait and see if Fandango will reverse them otherwise call my credit card company back and dispute the extra charges. The Fandango rep says if I dispute them, they will ban me from ever using their service again. OMG, WTFFFF this stupid Fandango is a nightmare.

Last night me and the husband decided to redeem the kohls movie cards from blackfriday. We clicked Friday March 4th, 2016 at 7:30pm, double checked the other information entered and clicked submit. Printed the movie ticket only to find it's for Saturday March 5th, 2016 at 7:30pm. Of course it was after their customer service hours and so had to wait until this morning to online chat with their rep. Wasted 25mins of my time online to chat with their rep, only to be told that they can't do anything for me. I just read everyone similar problems as mine on this website. It came to my realization that it's not a coincidence that everyone that chose a certain date and time somehow end up with a completely different date. I think this Fandango website does it on purpose because if your ticket is not scanned at the cinema, they get to keep your money. 100% pure profit for them knowing 99% of people that end up with wrong movie dates won't be able to make it on that time slot. Those bastards!!! I have two more kohls promo cards, I'm hesitant to redeem them. That convenience fee that they charged me for this free movie card it's BS, what convenience was it for any of us but only to themselves. I better call my credit card company and request a new card, don't trust this Fandango company even if they came notarized. HEED THE WARNING, AVOID THEM LIKE THE PLAQUE.

kevinj87
3/1/16

Sold me 3 erroneous tickets to Deadpool. Website changed the date in which I had selected . Got immediately in line with their only means of contact, online chat (which is ridiculous). Had to wait over an HOUR, which then conveniently put me within 2 hours of the erroneously sold show time. They told me "since you are within 2 hours of the movie, we won't refund you".

What a joke! Terrible customer service, terrible website, terrible convenience fees, overall TERRIBLE.

kaniauah
2/27/16

Don't ever order tickets from them!!! Policy sucks you have to call two hours ahead inorder to exchange or get a refund. What if u have an emergency that pops up after they two hour window???? These people can careless.

brendand13
2/27/16

Made a mistake on the night and didn't realize to the next morning. The tickets went unused. And they told me that I was out of luck.

They suck. From now on, I'll call the theater directly or drop by earlier. The convenience fee you pay isn't worth the service.

rosemaryp4
2/26/16

Wish I could give 0 stars.

It took quite a bit of hunting on their website to find a way to contact their customer service. After that, although I was told that the average wait to chat with a representative was 4:02 minutes, I actually waited 20 minutes. When I actually got contact, it felt like I was talking to a robot that merely repeated stock phrases. Not a good experience. It is not worth the convenience fee that is attached to the ticket price.

I do not recommend using this service. It is incredibly difficult if not impossible to get a refund or a credit. Very disappointing, and will be sure to discourage everyone I know that is thinking of using it.

vg16
2/26/16

I purchased tickets online and paid partially with a Fandango credit they gave me and mostly with my credit card. Turns out I could not make the show. I jumped back on line to get a refund and the first hurdle was that I could not get a refund is I used Fandango credit. How lousy is that? So, I start a chat and ask for a refund that way. The person on the other end says he sees the transaction and can refund the entire purchase price. That sounded great. So, he writes, "do you authorize me to credit the entire amount?" Of course, I authorized. One minute later, I have a huge Fandango credit in my Fandango account. WTF? Well, turns out that when they ask you if you want the entire price credited, they mean (BUT DON'T SAY) - credit to the Fandango account. You will never see that money again! You will HAVE TO use those funds on Fandango.com and put up with their sneaky service all over again. BEST BET - STAY away, they don't offer any real savings or promotions anyways. They do offer convenience fees and shady deals.

Tip for consumers: Don't use Fandango.com unless you are ready to give up your money if there are ANY hiccups.

mariom35
2/25/16

Very unprofessional service, terrible experience. I ordered and paid movie tickets that i never received, and when i complained by contacting them, Fandango never contacted me back offering a solution or solving the problem, i definetly dont recomend this service at all to anyone.

lisab211
2/23/16

This company does not know the value of customer service.... I will never buy another Fandango card again!! And highly discourage anyone else from doing so. Showed up at wrong movie theatre after being prompted to do so online, thinking I was buying the correct tickets only a half hour before show on VALENTINES DAY, for a movie that has been in theaters for 3 months.... Was on hold for over an hour on VD and sent to a supervisor who was suppose to get back to me in 24 hours. 5 days later get an email that nothing can be done. Total Robbery! Something needs to be done!!

billh108
2/20/16

I am writing to add to the HUNDREDS of bad reviews for Fandango. As a first (and last) time customer I used their sloppy, misleading online service to order my tickets. Ordered them for a day too early, they wouldn't cut me a break, just put me on hold for half an hour then blabbed bull$#*! about "policy from corporate" which we all know, they COULD have allowed an exchange if they wanted to. Put me on hold again when I asked to speak with a supervisor, then I was hung up on before I ever made it. Do you want to give your money to someone who won't give you the benefit of the doubt as a customer? Use a credit card, you won't be paying Fandango's extra "convenience" fees on top of everything else. DONT MAKE THE SAME MISTAKE I DID. BOYCOTT FANDANGO!

steves219
2/20/16

Ripoff Company. Buyer beware!!
Their customer service is probably the worst I've ever dealt with. Went to the movie,and arrived on time. The parking was so bad, we couldn't get in. Came home and tried to get the company to refund our money for the tickets. They have a 2 hour window policy in place to refund your tickets. I contacted them outside that window, and stated the reason. The Ass---- quoted policy to me, and refused to refund my money. Don't deal with these clowns.

nataliem40
2/20/16

0 stars for a zero of a company. Horrendous customer service, stealing money from their consumers. How is this company still legally operating???

senim1
2/20/16

Basically, they offer what they call "worry-free" tickets where hou can get a refund if you can't make the show or the website screwed up. This is a lie. They say if you are unable to change it yourself 2hrs prior the show time via their website to contact customer service. I was on their live chat and their phone support waiting for over an hour and a half. As I was writing an email to them about this abysmal wait time, a woman finally answered the phone, I was still #74 on live chat queue. She basically said the website won't let you change it yourself depending on what you used as payment. Nowhere did it say that on the website, nor the e-mail confirmation nor the automated loop during the hold which kept repeating about the "worry-free" tickets and to go to the website to change it. I explained the website error and she said she couldn't change it because by now the show time was happening, that I should have contacted support. At this point I have reiterated that I did try the website before the 2 hours and did try to contact through live chat and phone support before the hours but, they made me sit and wait for that length of time. She kept saying she "understands" and that I should have contacted them. At this point I'm wondering if she's just and automated message or if she doesn't understand simple concepts of time. Apparently fandango wants us to contact 4 hours prior the show time to factor in the 2 hour wait time. Thoigh they never say it and make everything as misleading as possible. After the phone call I finally hit send on that email after adding in the illogical phone call and at this time all I have received is an automated email back saying to try the website or contact support. It also says to expect a reply within 24 hrs. This was on Monday so...??? TLDR; Theyre scamming people out of their money, the line at the movies is 10x better to deal with than these jerks.

michelled74
2/20/16

We purchased tickets to dead pool and my husband picked Saturday the 13th. When we got to the movies there was no record of our purchase. We couldn't reach customer service until the next day and were told we purchased tickets for the Thursday before. This was not what we chose. We were told they could do nothing for us. Asked to speak to a supervisor and had to leave a message and never heard back. What a waste of $35. We used to use them all of the time. Never again!!! Awful customer service!!!

briant70
2/19/16

I purchased 2 ticket's for Deadpool and didn't realize until my phone told me 30 minutes prior to the movie that I had purchased them for that day instead of the next. I contacted support and after waiting in Queue for 10 minutes they told me they couldn't do anything for me. I even offered to purchase the correct tickets for the next nights show if they would give me a discount and they told me no. This will be the last time I ever use Fandango.

joem178
2/19/16

While purchasing tickets to a movie their website had an error. I ended up getting tickets for the wrong day and time. I contacted their customer service and was told to take a flying leap. Their policy states that if you call them less then 2 hours before the show. Well you lose your money. Oh well if their website was at fault. There is nothing they can do.
WARNING do not use them to buy tickets. This is the worst I have ever been treated. And they stole my money, $30 may not seem a lot but I guess that's what they mean by convienence fee. Horrible horrible company.

katieb50
2/15/16

I took my niece to see Kung Furniture Panda 3. The theater we went to was sold out of the show. So before we drove to another thesterling we used fandango to purchase the tickets to make sure we would be fine when we got there. I accidentally purchased tickets for a different movie (Using my phone). I realized as soon as I bought the tickets that it was the wrong the movie. I immediately went and bought the tickets for the correct movie. But when I called in to get refunded for the incorrect tickets they refused to refund me! They can see where I went and bought the correct tickets at the same theater at the same time as the incorrect tickets. And yet they just throw the policy of 2 hours in your face. I didn't purchase these tickets with any hour time frame in the first place! Worst service ever. They rob people who make mistakes through their apps or online! Will never use again!

zt4
2/15/16

I purchased tickets of Fandango and then realized I had gotten it for the wrong date and needed the date changed. To my surprise I was put on wait for 52 mins before an agent replied and then said they can no offer a refund or exchange as I had used a promo code. No where does it mention this and my promocode is valid till April. All that crap about VIP fandango exchange and refund is a lie, they can't change a date just imagine how much crap they must give to customer who want a refund!!!

stepheng51
2/15/16

Theaters should ban this service all together.

andream95
2/14/16

Can only purchase tickets from the site, a 1.35 PER TICKET "convenience fee" , cant use the card for food or drinks at the theater. DO NOT give this as a gift, just give cash or find out what theater they prefer and buy one for the theater. I am glad if was a gift because I will never use my money at this place when you can get them directly from the theater.

Tip for consumers: BUY directly from the theater!

lydiac23
2/14/16

I purchased two tickets an hour before the show.. On my way to the show I was in a car accident that killed my boyfriend. Fandango will not return my money because that's not a good enough reason to miss a movie

glennd22
2/14/16

Wouldn't touch this website again with someone else's credit card! I have an account on this BS website. When I looked for a movie, it pulls up a theatre 40 miles from my house- no other search has ever done this. It was an AMC. I thought I was buying tickets to the AMC 3 miles from my house.

When I tried to call for a refund, I GOT LEFT ON HOLD FOR 45 MINUTES AND HAD TO HANG UP.

Next day I log on to my account to ask for a refund. AFTER ANOTHER 45 MINUTES, THEY TELL ME THEY CAN'T GIVE ME A REFUND.

THEY DELAY ON PURPOSE, SO THEY CAN TELL YOU YOU'RE TOO LATE TO ASK FOR A REFUND.

DO NOT USE THIS SITE. BIGGEST RIPOFF AND WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE OF ANY COMPANY ON THE NET.

$#*! FANDANGO.

morganl9
2/13/16

After waiting an hour to talk to someone, I get told they cant do anything for me and that the tickets I bought for the wrong day couldnt be exchanged, then when replying back they totally cut me off and hung up. I waited an hour. To have someone not give a $#*! for one minute. WTF.

tiffanyt22
2/12/16

Fandango sucks, literally. I realized after I purchased 4 tickets ($50) that I clicked the wrong date. I tried calling/online chat for HOURS to get someone to just change the date. When I finally got someone on the phone they told me that you have to call at least 2 hours before the show. I told them I didn't want a refund, just a credit or for them to change the date. They refused to do either for me. They told me I should have called earlier. When I informed her I had been on hold for hours, she said well, we have been busy. WORST COSTUMER SERVICE EVER. DO NOT USE FANDANGO FOR ANY REASON!

kathleenm59
2/12/16

I can honestly say I will never use Fandango again in my life and will tell every single person I meet never to use their horrible services either. Because of dangerous road conditions due to snow and ice, we decided no to go see a movie. Called customer service to cancel the tickets and get a refund but was placed on hold for over 45 minutes and it apparently "took to long" to type out the problem and send it to customer service so we were disconnected. Because Fandango put us on hold for so long, it is now to close to the start time of the movie to get a refund.

rodneyc13
2/10/16

JUST TRIED THE SITE OUT FOR THE FIRST, I ATTEMPTED TO PURCHASE 2 TICKETS FOR TOMORROW @7:15PM GOT TO THE PAST AND IT STATED THEIR WAS AN ERROR WITH MY DEBIT CARD(WHICH IS A LIE). SOMETHING TOLD TO CHECK MY ACCOUNT, I WAS CHARGED FOR THE TWO TICKETS ANYWAY SO I CALL FANDANGO AND TOLD THE REP MY SITUATION, SHE STATED THE SAME THING THAT IT WAS AN ERROR ON CARD AND IT DIDNT CHARGE MY ACCOUNT...IM LOOKING AT MY ACCOUNT IT WAS CHARGED.. THEN SHE SAYS IT WILL BE A 3-5 DAY HOLD....LIKE REALLY"? WTF.......DONT NOT USE THIS FANDANGO TANGO BULLSH*T

25 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other customers.

Fandango?