US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jayl131

I received a gift card and tried to purchase a movie online on my laptop. (in 76 reviews)

farahs4

I contacted Fandango this morning about a refund and she says the time frame for refunds is 2 hours after purchasing. (in 35 reviews)

finam

"To purchase movie tickets" when one could easily use like a credit card. (in 28 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ginas33
2/9/16

Attempted to a make a purchase for movie tickets (many of the theater websites use this as their third party to sell tickets, so you're routed to them automatically. Joy,)
I was given the error 'the zip code you entered did not match the zip code on file with your bank'. I found this strange, as I have OCD when it comes to entering info for things such as this- I double check and triple check that things are correct. But, hey- we all make mistakes right? So I tried the transaction again and got the same answer. Now, one would think that this wouldn't even result in a hold of funds because the zip codes didn't match so obviously they can't communicate with my bank, right? Wrong. Funds were held and due to my bills being paid out of this account I have now accrued NSF fees for charges that are PENDING, not CLEARED. Okay, I know some of this is probably my bank's issue, and I'll be reviewing them next. (I NEVER leave reviews)
My complaint double sided. The above issue is one side. The other occurred when I tried to live chat with someone on the Fandango site. First of all, she kept threatening to end the session due to my non response, I am guessing she can't see that I am responding although on my end I could see when she was typing. Anyways- she confirmed that the transactions were technically voided but realistically the funds were held in my account. I asked her if it was possible to receive an email with their company letterhead/logo stating that these were voided and her response was: if they do not fall off in five days we can open an investigation to further review the issue.
Isn't that what she just did? In the meantime I am just supposed to accrue charge after charge and just hope my bank reverses them all? I'd rather drive to the farthest theater and purchase at a kiosk than attempt to purchase through this site again.
The end.

nirmals2
2/8/16

First time a website wanted me to charge for a wrong order, even when i called within 2-3 minutes. And there was no confirmation page either for a site with such strict refund policy. There should be class action lawsuit against for sure. And if you want to talk to a supervisor, you have to wait 24 hours. Which means it will be too late for them to cancel the ticket anyway. And i haven't heard from anyone after 48 hours. Now dealing though credit card dispute.

Here is the transcript for you to judge:
Taschine: Thank you for contacting Fandango Customer Support. My name is Taschine.
How may I assist you today?
NS: hi
NS: i just now made a reservation, but the show time was wrong.
Taschine: I’d be happy to advise you on this.
NS: Confirmation: 110743958
NS: I already went ahead and made the correct reservation with: 199359126
NS: can you please help void the first purchase
Taschine: Purchases made on Fandango.com are only eligible for a refund or an exchange
2 hours or more before show time. Once we are beyond that 2 hour window, we are unable to
process any kind of refund or exchange for Fandango credit.
NS: i made a mistake, its not even 5 minutes..
Taschine: I apologize for any frustration this causes you, but we cannot offer a refund or
Fandango credit less than 2 hours before the show time. If you would like to view our refund
policy in full, please visit the following page:
NS: dont you have a policy in case some one enter the wrong details?
Taschine: I do understand your concerns. However, despite the time in which the tickets
were purchased, refunds and exchanges can only be done 2 hours or more before the movie
starts.
NS: My concern is dont have a policy when someone makes a mistake and
asks to correct it
NS: all most all sites allow you to correct mistakes
NS: as i mentioned, its hardly 5 minutes since i booked
Taschine: Once it is less than 2 hours before the movie showtime, the purchase cannot be
cancelled.
NS: can i take to a manager or supervisor
NS: talk*
NS: this is the first time i am using the service and dont think this is resonable
Taschine: Sure. I can check to see if a supervisor is available to take this chat but please
be advised that the same information will be provided. Please give me 2 to 3 minutes to
investigate your request.
NS: that does not sound right
Taschine: I apologize that you feel that way. However, this is Fandango's refund policy.
NS: well it may be the first and last time i use it then
Taschine: Though I understand your position and I appreciate the effort you have put forth
NS: well i am sorry that i booked through the site..
Taschine: I have tried to locate a supervisor for you. However. one is currently not
available to take this chat. I have been advised to escalate the issue that you are
experiencing to their queue and you will be contacted as soon as one becomes available.
This contact usually takes place within 24 hours.

Tip for consumers: Not worth the convenience fee of 1.5$ per ticket. If anything, they should pay us to use the site

lorrieb1
2/4/16

I received two $25 Fandango gift cards for Christmas. I had no idea how they worked...went to their website and still could not figure it out. Found out at the theater that the cards are only good for movies (I assumed a gift card would cover both tickets and concessions). Was advised I had to enter the code on my phone and wait for a confirmation and then go to the counter and show the movie staff. The price at the theater for my 4 tickets would have been $5.75 each so I figured one gift card would cover that.....wrong!! I was charged a $5 service fee which made me have to use my other gift card. I have a balance on that one so I am guessing next time I go to use it, I will get charged another service fee. So basically, a $25 gift card is not really worth $25. And, I don't see the point when I can just go to the theater and purchase my tickets there for less. Will never recommend Fandango!!

francinel4
2/1/16

I tried to purchase tickets on Fandango when I could not get to the last page to get conf. no. or tell how to send them. I tried going back in and could not access site.. I checked my e-mail but nothing from Fandango. I went and purchased tickets at theatre. Much later I received an e-mail of confirmation after I returned from theatre. I asked for a refund and was refused them blaming my internet. I told them they had lost a customer which did not concern them. I wish I had looked at this site first.

chadd19
1/31/16

fandango states that I could use the card to purchase tickets but not in my state and when I stated it to their rep he said sorry but you might be able to use it when you go travelling.(really) why would they sell the cards in my state and not have the capabilities to honor those cards. that seems like selling gloves to a man with no hands. worthless company and no customer care poor business ethics and they make you put one star

williamr86
1/30/16

Dear Fandango:

You could really make a lot more money and provide much better customer service, if, when searching for a movie, it is not playing in your current city, you tell the user where the next nearest location is.

Sincerely, someone who just wants to know where he can see Deadpool on the 12th.

barbaran38
1/30/16

They must be owed by Ticketmaster.......why must I pay their fees instead of purchasing directly from a retailer? Let's keep screwing the consumer by taking away their options....and let the rich get richer. It's all about payoffs.

gregp38
1/28/16

They have the worst customer service ever all I asked for was 2 tickets to a movie I missed.after all the times I've used them the still said no.

donag1
1/28/16

No, I guess the gift giver should have looked at the reviews before purchasing this useless gift card. Shame on Fdamngone.

cb115
1/27/16

As with all other reviews I have read this one will be much the same. F-dango is hands down the WORST excuse for a company out there. The sight is NOT user friendly. It takes 48 hrs to get back to you and by that time the movie you "thought" you spent your money on is over. They write back and ask STUPID ?'s like "Is this your email address?" Duh....Then when you write back you Have to do it in a particular space then they write you back again saying they didn't get your email and will assume this means your problem has been resolved. Uhmm NOOO! This only creates yet another problem. So, basically anything to put you off until it is no longer worth your time or blood pressure rising. This is how F-dango makes their money. They are CROOKS and lets admit it smart ones because they are winning. The bad reviews don't matter they already have double the money. The money for the gift card someone gave you and then they re-cap the gift card. Hate them!

joelp24
1/23/16

Fandango is owned by NBCUniversal, in The United States. It was previously owned by Comcast, which merged the business with NBCUniversal.

I purchased tickets this week for a show but mistakenly chose a Dallas location instead of Houston, where I live. I tried to get a refund 1 about 1 hour before the show, but was told by the chat clerk that there were no refunds for tickets purchased within 2 hours before the show. I told them that there was NO OBVIOUS OR CONSPICUOUS NOTICE of this policy on their website - as required by the consumer protection laws - and that I thought that this was a violation of applicable consumer protection laws such as the Texas Deceptive Trade Practices Act (TDPA); I threatened to file a claim under TDPA and various other consumer protection laws. They still did not refund my money, probably because they thought that I would "let go" of the $17 charge.
I would like to got forward with my claim against them in Court and I would like to hear about your experience; maybe everyone can get a refund eventually.
Please email your description to me at joel.peralez@gmail.com.
Cordially, Joel Peralez

marisoll
1/23/16

I bought tickets and cancelled, never checked my email and never checked if I received a refund I tried to buy other tickets and didnt see my credit I contacted them and they said there is nothing and it's been passed 2 hrs!!! That is BS!!! Worst costumer service ever! I wish I would of read this!!! I have advice all my family and friends!!! Will never use again!!

roys57
1/21/16

Do not use Fandango. It.is a ripoff and you must cancel 2 hours prior to show time....if you purchase directly from the theatre you would not have this issue.

jorgec21
1/20/16

I purchased a ticket two hours before the Show because I am 10 minutes driving distance to the cinema That particular day the Police closed all the Entrance to Down Tine Disney due to a Bomb Threat , The access was Imposible I contacted Fandango waitaid for 1 hour they told me they review the case and 5 days later I received this stupid message,

And the question is why they allow you to purchase tickets with less than 2 Hrs to Movies?

I will never use their service again

Thank you for your previous contact and we apologize for any inconvenience you may have encountered.

Our Fandango VIP members are eligible for Worry-Free Ticketing, which allows you to return tickets at least 2 hours or more before the show time. After checking our records, we have confirmed that your tickets were purchased less than 2 hours before the show time, which means your order was already outside the allowable time for refunds and exchanges. We apologize for any disappointment this causes you, but even though you contacted us shortly after making your purchase, it was still too late for us to process a return. The timeframe of the return policy is not affected by the time at which you submit your order to us, so no exceptions can be made on this basis.

We appreciate your patience and understanding, and we hope you will continue to make Fandango your choice for online movie tickets.

Best regards,

Trudy-Ann
Fandango Customer Support

miket113
1/20/16

Their ticket sales app is fine. Not great but not terrible. I don't review things that work as they are supposed to.

However their reviews are just nonsense and seem very pumped up to sell more tickets no matter what piece of dross the movie happens to be. I give them 1 star only because 1/10th of a star is not available.

larryb96
1/18/16

What a disaster! We are stuck with two Fandango gift cards we got for Christmas, and neither of them can be used at the theater we normally attend. What a joke this company is! Also, their hidden "convenience fees" which they debit from the card for every ticket that is ordered amounts to hidden charges that the buyers don't know about in the first place. We will NEVER recommend or use Fandango for ordering tickets for any purpose or anyone, and we will make our bad experience known to anyone who will listen!!!!

terraa
1/18/16

I pretty much always buy my tickets on-line and have been doing so ever since you could. I have never had a worse experience then I have had with Fandango. I made a mistake, plain and simple, I clicked on the date I was purchasing the tickets and not on the date I needed. Unfortunately, the Movie was in 15 minutes of purchasing the tickets. Realizing my mistake, I immediately did an on-line chat and they gave me the standard canned response, it is within the two-hour cancellation window. Admitting to seeing that I just purchased the tickets 5 minutes ago, they still could do nothing, I asked for a supervisor and they said they would email me. Three days later I received the email with the same canned response. I have ordered tickets from Ticketmaster, items from individual stores, airline tickets, and groupon events and when they see it was a mistake they always are able to do something. We are human beings and mistakes are made, they should take that into account. After reading all the other reviews, just know they are not the only game in town, I ordered the tickets from AMC and the fee was half the price.

jessical113
1/18/16

Heres my copy and pasted experience with the online "customer service"

Disconnect
Status: Connected
Nubian (Listening)
Nubian: Thank you for contacting Fandango Customer Support. My name is Nubian. How may I assist you today?
Jessica L: 290703358

Hi:
My son is out of school today and I'm at work. A friend is taking him and her son to see ride along. I went on my app and purchased a ticket and sent her the QVR for his entrance so she didn't have to purchase one for him. They are at the theater now, and she texted me that she had to purchase a new ticket for him so they could all sit together and I'll need to reimburse her later tonight. Can I please get a refund on the unused ticket. I've never had it require me to pick a seat before and I'm not sure what happened, but non the less he was unable to use the ticket I bought.

Nubian: I am happy to advise you on this.

Nubian: After checking your order, I see that it is already after the show time. This means we are not able to offer a refund or exchange for your tickets. We can only offer refunds and exchanges 2 hours or more before show time.

Nubian: The ticket is no longer valid so we would not be able to refund or exchange it Jessica.

Jessica L: i know that, but I didn't know his ticket couldn’t be used until the mom texted me, and I've been on hold with this system ever since. (almost an hour)

Jessica L: please escalate my issue to a manager and have them call me please. There has to be an exception or I will discontinue all use of your service.

Jessica L: Im not scamming you or anything else. So i need someone live to call me and resolve this today.

Nubian: Though I understand your position and I appreciate the effort you have put forth to clarify for me, I am still unable to grant your request. Fandango endeavors to give our customers the best experience we can, but we are not always able to grant every request.

Nubian: A supervisor or a manager will not be able to provide you with an exception either as this is standard policy.

Jessica L: horrible

Nubian: You reserved seating at the theater and exchanges or refunds can only be processed 2 hours before the ShowTime Jessica. We do apologize for any inconvenience in which this may have caused.

Jessica L: horrible

nancyj50
1/17/16

Conf: 1929677596339
Since they did not answer the online service 2 hours before movie I did not get refunded or compensation so I had to pay 4 another 3 tickets. No live rep no emotion ... Fabulously awful experience ... Never again ... Go another route for sure

danielo29
1/16/16

I bought five tickets to a show and was charged an exorbitant $10 fee for this "convenience." When one of my friends became ill and had to miss the show, Fandango refused to refund for the one ticket, saying the only option was to cancel the entire order. Ripoff operation, time for a customer friendly competitor to take Fandango's place in the world of business.

Also, they don't send you printable tickets, another major Fandango Customer Inconvenience.

montezem
1/15/16

Horrible customer service, refund policy is a scam and overcharges for tickets then adds a fee!

karoler
1/15/16

Went to use a Fandango $25.00 Gift Card to purchase two movie tickets.
Scratched off the PIN # to activate, and it was BLANK!
Called CS, rep was very nice. (That earns you one star!) They will allegedly send me a PIN by the end of the day. Really of great use if I want to buy my tickets now.

How embarassing that would be if it was a gift from me to someone else. Would NEVER consider buying this as a gift for someone! So stick the convenience fee! Back to traditional gift cards!

jillp19
1/15/16

Stay away from Fandango! I've never had problems purchasing tickets online, but purchasing a gift card... whole other story! My friend never received the gift card they "sent in the mail". Spent several hours in live chats over SEVERAL ocassions and each time, someone told me something different! Originally, they offered to change my gift card into digital format so I could email. Then, they said that wasn't possible. Then they tell me they can refund me. And THEN, they turn around and say no! Certainly they can see that no money was used on this invisible gift card, cancel the card, and then send me a digital format. Totally distrust them and will not use in the future, even for movie tickets. Not to mention, their customer service reps were very rude. So unfortunate!

bobd90
1/14/16

First time using Fandango since I received a gift card for Christmas. Decided to order using my phone. Forgot to click the date, and bought tickets that were for a movie in 30 minutes. I couldn't even get there in time if I wanted to! Got my confirmation and realized. Got right back on and they wouldn't let me change it since it was within the 2 hour window. I said it was an honest mistake, and they said, "That's unfortunate." Never will ever use them again, plus they charge service fees, which are extremely unnecessary.

greggl11
1/11/16

Can someone explain to me why anyone needs Fandango to buy tickets for them and charge the consumer 13% to 18% for doing it? Have we as a society got to the point where we can't walk to a ticket counter and buy tickets? Fandango is the biggest ripoff company in business today and they should be investigated by the FTC and put out of business. They are parasites making money while doing nothing!!!!!!

nonnys
1/8/16

The Federal Government should be looking into the practices of Fandango! They present themselves as a convenient way to buy and give movie passes however when you try to actually use the gift cards you can never find them for the movies you actually want to see!
What a scam! I threw $45 worth of these useless tickets given to me by some very sweet children out the window of my car............probably should have been fined for littering ' cause these certainly are TRASH!!

teresac35
1/8/16

This company is horrible! DO NOT USE!!! They say "life happens", but it can't happen in less than 2 hours from the movie! Hope they enjoy my service fee because that is the last one they get. Wished I had read reviews before I purchased!

sashap8
1/7/16

Like the other reviewer, I was tricked into a movie last night when I was purchasing tickets for Saturday. I was given the same response and will be disputing it with my cc company too. Their customer service is the worst and I can't believe I wasted 40 minutes of my life that I can never get back holding and speaking to their worthless Customer Service. This company clearly has no concept of the word.

amyg61
1/5/16

Like others here, I fell victim to Fandango's horrible user interface. From their home page, I typed my zip code into the proper field; at the next page, I chose my date — the coming Friday, four days away — and noted that it was properly highlighted; then I selected my preferred theater from the pull down menu. When my theater displayed on the page, I immediately proceeded to scroll down, choose the movie we wanted, and purchase two tickets. I was chatting with my husband about our respective work days as I was doing this (seemingly) simple transaction, and it wasn't until I received the confirmation email from Fandango approximately a minute later that I saw the date on the tickets was THAT VERY NIGHT, about an hour and a half from that time. I did what everyone else did: I tried to call Fandango and change the date or return the tickets. HA! All I did was waste over an hour of my time, and raise my blood pressure, and ended up with the same party line as all the rest of you: the one about how it was less than two hours to showtime, so I was out of luck. Tried to reach a supervisor, got a voicemail, left an angry message. I'll be calling my credit card company today to cancel the ENTIRE payment, including their service charge, because I believe Fandango to be engaging in deceptive practices. The flaw in the ticket purchase flow is either deliberate, or passively malicious: to default back to the current date when a user has already chosen their desired date, without ANY alert that this has been done, is just bad, bad, bad, and sneaky. Once you've chosen your town, your date, and then your theater, if that theater has not yet scheduled showings for that date...the system should indicate that, with something like "There are no showings scheduled at this time," just like you see when you are just trying to find movies in any other context besides the ticket purchase process. The main takeaway from this horrible experience is that I will never, EVER purchase tickets from Fandango again, and I'll make sure to make my opinion heard very loudly on social media and among my own large group of friends. And I agree with the guy on the first page of reviews who thinks that a class-action suit against them is called for!

elaw
1/4/16

Wasted a total of 1.5 hours on chat with them trying to get a refund with all the usual 'oh, let me look into that' only to be given the same canned answer of 'no' over and over. Don't give them your business. Awful.

albertj23
1/4/16

They would not refund or try to make any type of accommodation when we could not make the show due to car problems. This, despite fact that we called them half hour before show started and explained the problem. We even asked if we could have a different show time, but they refused. It was like talking to robots. I cancelled the purchase through my bank

joannaj7
1/3/16

We purchased Star Wars tickets on fandango for our 4 boys & ourselves in our city's brand new 3D IMAX theater. It cost over $100 and was a splurge for them. We, like others, got to the theater to find that the tickets were for ANOTHER STATE. This was some sort of glitch, as we live in Montana & we're not going to be able to get to Texas by 3:40 that day...clearly! I immediately called Fandango & had the same experience as everyone else. Endless waiting, asking for supervisor, more waiting, then a message telling me a supervisor will call...and then no call. This happened multiple times. I'm never using Fandango again & writing to my theater's corporate office to ask them to quit using Fandango as well.

lizw28
1/3/16

I purchased tickets for one theatre and they issued it from another because the one I wanted was full. I asked for a refund within minutes and it said I would get a refund but they kept $2.70 as a fee even though i repurchased tickets from them immediately after as I had stated in my reeason. Don't use this service it is the worst!

loried
1/3/16

The only thing going for Fandango is the convenience of purchasing tickets ahead of time. Is that enough to continue using a service that has no regard for its customers? My experience with Fandango's customer service was so frustrating. Not only was the representative totally rude, but could offer no resolution. I was trying to place an order but the site kept freezing up, so I had to continually replace the order. Finally when I was successful, it had the wrong date. So I called customer service to see if I could cancel that order and replace it with the proper date. Unfortunately I was on hold for 45 minutes which dipped into the two hour window before the movie starts. Their policy is that you can't cancel if it's less than two hours before the movie starts. There was nothing they could do, and I had to eat the 30+ dollars. I asked for a supervisor and I was transferred and on hold for another 25 minutes. Finally I received a message saying that the supervisors were too busy and they would call me back. Here I am two days later and no call back. I also sent a message to their customer service online, no reply yet. I will not be wasting my time at this company again.

carolw68
1/3/16

Like quite a lot of people I purchased tickets 40 minutes before show time only to discover that the tickets were assigned to the wrong theater. Tough to say whose fault that was. I tried to fix this immediately but the "chat line" was a 28 hour hold and with more than 2 hours hold time it took me 3 days to get throgh on the phone. It took them a week to respond to my email. Of course, no refund or exchange. When a person goes online to buy movie tickets, Fandango will pop up first in a search. Don't be lured in as you are likely to lose your money and never see the movie. Theaters like AMC allow customers to purchase online. Why lose your movie ticket money to some shady middleman thief?

lexw3
1/2/16

1) still waiting (day 3) for a response from a customer service emailed question- they promise to get back to you within 24 hours.
2) signed up for vip specifically to be able to easier exchange/refund tickets- had to cancel 1 ticket, and was told that they could cancel the entire transaction, but not 1 ticket, an NO, i could not get a refund for the whole transaction, only a fandango credit. they said i could get a refund from the theater (hmm, my credit card was charged by fandango--why would a theater give me money back?)
3) the estimated 20 minute wait for CS chat, was closer to an hour, and while they show you what number in line you are, the number would sometime go UP! Going from 19th in line to 20th in line, then back and forth.
4) frustrated because i really don't want to do any more business with them, but and forced to hold a 'credit' that i'm afraid they won't honor.

ashleyy10
1/2/16

Purchased 3 tickets and never received confirmation of my purchase but you better believe they charged my card. When I called customer service they claimed that they don't have record of my purchase. I'm now being forced to purchase my tickets all over again and fight the charges through PayPal and my bank.

kathleenm13
1/2/16

The had a big giveaway that just ended. There were supposed to be free codes to enter. They never put any codes on the code site. I e-mailed customer service, and they were not helpful, did not give me a code, and the site was never fixed. They then actually e-mailed me after the giveaway was over to let me know I did no longer need a code. I would never do business with them because of how they behaved with this contest. Advertising that anyone can enter w/o a purchase but then not allowing it??? Fraudulent!

louriec
1/1/16

Rip off!!!!

annieb44
1/1/16

I bought 3 movie ticket $50 bucks, realized they were for the wrong theater and I had to re-buy the 3 tickets at a different theater right away for my friend. Literally right after I realized I bought the first 3 tickets at the wrong theater I tried to return and saw the return policy. However while I understand the 2 hour policy, I had JUST purchased the tickets, and purchased it 4 minutes after the 2 hour policy. Right away I tried calling customer service and waited for over 10 min. to try reaching a customer service operator and explained my situation there was nothing she could do. So I now spent $50 on nothing, not even a credit or exchange. It's like those commercial product scams that have in hidden somewhere in the terms& agreements hoping you won't see it so they can make money off of you.

seank27
12/31/15

Used Fandango for years with no issues- Today I bought 8 (for my extended family) tickets for a movie that started in 10 minutes but it was the wrong movie.. When contacted them I got disconnected after waiting for 15 minutes for a chat, then I called and after 45 Minutes was told the 2 hour policy .. called Supervisor line and after 10 more minutes got a "leave message" prompt. This customer service is a JOKE, They should not be able to sell tickets within 2 hours of a showtime if they can not do a refund within that time.. Class Action Lawsuit anyone?

sharona33
12/31/15

I purchased tickets to a movie on Fandango, but was stuck in terrible traffic on the way and would have been a half hour late so I called to see if I could get a refund. After 45 minutes on hold, a representative finally told me that they could not do anything because it was less than two hours before the movie. A supervisor also told me they could not issue a refund, even though the tickets were not used. Clearly they have the capacity to issue a refund in some cases, so what kind of company takes your money, but does not give a refund if the service is not used? This is unacceptable, bordering on fraud, & I will never use Fandango again.

stuartg16
12/31/15

I accidentally purchased tickets for the same day, instead of a future date. I called immediately after to try and change the tickets. But they refused to do anything because I did not call 2 hours prior to the start of the show, even though the could see I bought them 42 minutes prior to the show starting. I didn't even get the opportunity to call 2 hours prior, so they basically said tough luck. In essence they stole my 18 dollars, and now me and my daughter aren't going to the movies.

cb111
12/29/15

Fandango customer service is a joke. Not even remotely customer friendly. There is no reason this company should exist. Why a movie theater would essentially outsource their customer service function to Fandango when someone wants to purchase tickets online is a mystery.

anthonyd57
12/29/15

Pressed the wrong button for a showtime that was 15 minutes in the future, and that I could not possibly make. My error, no doubt. Waited on chat hold for 90 minutes to be told nothing they could do. So essentially its a one way pipe to feed the company money and no provisions for a mistake or error. Stay away. This reeks of unethical practices.

kimh112
12/29/15

I booked online 30 minutes before movie and the tickets printed for a location 1 hour from where we live. They would not refund due to not 2 hours before movie. They would not respond to emails and took several days to get them on the phone after holding forever just to be told no! They are scammers!

sanjd
12/29/15

I purchased the tickets for Houston theater and it sent me an email with tickets for San Antonio tickets. Called them, had to wait about an hour and reply was they cannot refund the purchase or exchange it. I don't understand why theaters do business with such a company.
Oh, just saw that the parent company is Comcast. What else can you expect...
Just stay away .. that is all I can say..

lindam217
12/29/15

I CAN'T GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYBODY BECAUSE THEY WANT TO "CHAT" ONLINE WITH OVER AN HOUR WAIT!!!!! THEN WHEN I FINALLY GOT SOMEONE, THEY DISCONNECTED ME WHILE I WAS TYPING MY QUESTION. THEY HAVE CHARGED ME FOR TICKETS I DID NOT BUY ON MY AMERICAN EXPRESS AND I CANNOT GET IN TOUCH WITH ANYONE ABOUT IT. THIS IS THE WORST WEBSITE I HAVE EVER ENCOUNTERED. IT IS DIFFICULT TO MANEUVER THROUGH IT. I HOPE TO HECK I GET MY REFUND.

troyh44
12/28/15

Purchased 4 tickets for showing at 1:30 PM for the following day. When fandango sent me email confirmation it showed for current day. I immediately made phone call notifying fandango of the mistake, simply asking them to please change the date. They referred me to their policy. I asked to speak with supervisor to discuss. They forwarded me to voicemail. They have yet to return my call. It's unacceptable customer service. Movie theaters, stop doing business with fandango!

melissag54
12/27/15

This lovely site neglects to mention that when one purchases tickets using a gift card from a movie theatre that one then cannot make changes to the order online. One has to call customer service. Good luck with that!! I was on hold a total of an hour and a half. After hanging up a few times my call was finally answered after 48 minutes only to speak with a representative that could not help me. I was told that I had to contact the movie theatre directly. I had already done that twice and was told that I had to contact Fandango. I even requested to speak with a supervisor at Fandango and was again on hold and eventually forwarded to a voicemail box. Pathetic! So after many hours and simply wanting to make a change to the movie time (not get a refund) I have been unsuccessful. I will never use this website again and will advise others not to.

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
12/26/15
Answer
suzanned15
A: Unless you're contacting Fandango within two hours of buying the tix, you're out of luck. Terrible exchange/return policy!
12/28/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Fandango staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Fandango?