US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

wanettab

If this is customer service then I pray nothing happens to my purchase because I'll just be hung up on repeatedly. (in 43 reviews)

larryc34

They said that they would charge me a restocking fee. (in 22 reviews)

rickm72

Unfortunately I read posts after I placed the order for three genuine GE water filters as shown on the order page. (in 101 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

markg114
7/4/15

I ordered a three battery pack for my Canon (NB-6L) camera. My card was charged, yet nothing has been mailed. Each time that I call, I am always told that it's on back order. At the end of every call, I am told that I have qualified for a $25 Visa Gift Card. This smells like a scam to me... Everyone has an accent, and when I asked where the call center was, I am told Brooklyn. Me thinks it's Bangladesh. Time to cancel the order and let other potential customers know that this is unsavory at best...

sandras78
7/2/15

False Advertising:
I ordered a phone system and needed a cordless headset for it. Salesman sold me one that he said would work. When it was received, it was not compatible. I called to send back the headset and was told I could not get a refund without the box. Because I was assured the headset was compatible, and it says so on their site, I threw out my boxes. When I mentioned BBB, they all of a sudden will take it back but with a 10% no box fee (which I understand) plus a 15% restocking fee. I do not agree with the restocking fee since it was their mistake. After finally getting in touch with a "manager" today, she hung up on me when I said I should only have to pay the 10% fee. She said "I told you what you need to do" and hung up.
Stay away from this company. False advertising, extremely poor customer service, and a rip-off.

Tip for consumers: Save yourself aggravation, do not shop this site.

suzanp3
6/29/15

I ordered a replacement battery for ASUS U47A but received a battery for U46. Cost me $12 to ship this back. After 2 weeks of no word, no replacement battery and no refund I called and was told "my U47A" battery is actually on back order and will cost $73 instead of $43. After 40 minutes on the call I find out even the $73 is still the incorrect battery and all I will receive is a refund for the battery but not the shipping. So... one month later I have no battery and I am out $12.

tomw77
6/22/15

Have ordered a few things off of this website and have been satisfied with everything but the website itself. C'mom this is 2015 not 1995. Update your website!!!

keithg21
6/15/15

EASY TO LOCATE WHAT I WAS WANTING

rickm73
6/8/15

Desired product easy to locate. Sale pricing at a discount with additional coupon for additional saving easily applied.

marciat4
6/7/15

I ordered two Pet Safe collars, rec'd 2 which did not work Called them, returned for replacements. Rec'd one replacement, called again for the other replacement, they stated they only rec'd 1 collar. After arguing with them, they refunded for one collar. The replacement we rec'd??? Did not work after less than 2weeks. Called them to return, They reported that we were refunded for two. NO!!! Now they have to check and call me back. Let's see if they do. I contacted Pet Safe and they were not interested in intervening in this problem I figured since this company is representing the Pet Safe name they would have something to say about it.

rickm72
6/6/15

Unfortunately I read posts after I placed the order for three genuine GE water filters as shown on the order page. These CHEATERS sent filters identified as "WaterSentinel" not the genuine GE Filters which were advertised. If I wanted cheap crap filters I could have purchased them for $3.00 a piece instead this company has RIPPED me off at More than $20.00 each!
Shame on me this one and ONLY time. NEVER will I make a purchase from this deceitful company. I will return to making ALL purchases on Ebay, where vendors want and actually need a good rating to survive. This poor excuse for a company could NEVER get a good enough rating to ever get sell on Ebay.
PLEASE, Everyone who is reading these posts, DO NOT EVER DO BUSINESS WITH THIS "STORE".

douglasr14
6/5/15

The filters I received were nothing like the manufactures filter and would not fit in my unit even though their advertising claimed it to be an equal quality replacement. Returning their miss represented replacements cost me another $16.16 in UPS costs and a 15% restocking charge . They finally refunded about half the amount leaving me $40 poorer and no filter. Would not recommend this company to anyone. I plan to report them Interstate Commerce Commission

steven1047
6/4/15

Ordered a Garmin GPS. Got it quickly , went to use it and the power cord wouldn"t work. I emailed them and they emailed back, that they would get back in touch. They never have, even after two more attempts by email and phone.

michaels266
6/1/15

quit offering things i can't have, ie $40 visa

ikkeg
5/31/15

Ordered I believe were original Samsung water filters for my fridge. Turned out got knock-off brand WaterSentinel shipped. Website showed only Samsung logo and Samsung part numbers, no mentioning on the website and the order of the WaterSentinel brand name. Try to do a search of WaterSentinel WSS-1 (the actual filters I got shipped) on their web-site, it will show up "no results" however a search for Samsung water filters will show results. Furthermore Samsung water filter specs are being advertised on Factoryoutletstore's page, which I cannot get confirmed for the WaterSentinel WSS-1 filters I received. I thought I paid good price for some original Samsung water filters, ended up paying 50% more than for I knock-off as offered on other sites. Be aware !! you are not paying for an original Samsung water filter, you are paying for an overpriced knockoff, very deceiving!

brenth23
5/26/15

The most horrible experience ever!! I ordered some refrigerator filters. After a month of trying to get them delivered they tell me there is a factory backorder, witch I understand. I told them to cancel my order and refund my money. After 3 months I still have not received my refund!! STAY AWAY UNLESS YOU HAVE PLENTY OF DISPOSABLE INCOME!!

leer34
5/25/15

Easy to find and order additional items for our equipment to keep our dog safe,

annea16
5/21/15

Looks like employees of Factoryoutletstore.com were required to post false positive reviews as they all pretty much look and sound the same. Only way for them to attempt to boost such a dismal reputation.

keiths50
5/21/15

Ordered and received damaged w/ packaging torn apart. Called and emailed pictures. 1.5 months later and the issue has barely been addressed by the company. No resolution in sight.

thomasm99
5/18/15

First time user at this site. No problems so far.

loram3
5/18/15

Typed in the plug-in that I needed, then I had to chose the corresponding instrument it should fit, and the correct item popped up!!! I purchased it! Easy, peasy!

johnd367
5/18/15

Your web site was very easy to use and I found it very self explaining. It, to the best of my recollection, is the best on-line site I ever made a purchase from. Thank you for making the purchase process so simple. John F. Dziura

christinal37
5/11/15

I spent a lot of time looking for this kind of phone. Office stores didn't have it. Then I saw THIS one at Walmart but both stores in town were out of it & didn't know when/if they would get it in. My adult children told me that Amazon has EVERYTHING. So today I looked on Amazon & sure enough, I found it, exactly what I wanted & the price is right.

charlesg51
5/7/15

Bought a polycom conference phone and paid extra for the two year warranty. The phone failed just before 1 year. After shipping it back at my own expense and also providing a return shipping label. The Factory Outlet store informed me that it was not repairable and they would be sending me a settlement offer. The first offer was for $33.00 the second was for $299.99 and the third and final offer was for $349.99 and that was the best they could do. I paid $409.00+$50.00 for useless 2yr warranty. My company and or I will never do business with this Factory Outlet Store again.

dianap23
5/7/15

Oh how I wish I had read these reviews before I made a purchase from these people. My aerobed arrived DOA and when I called to arrange for a refund they would not talk to me. Instead they referred me to the manufacturer. The number they gave me for the manufacturer was one of those numbers where you cannot get a human on the line to save your soul.
If you buy something from this website you may save some money up front, but if the product is defective or not what you ordered you are pretty much SOL.

jimp57
4/18/15

WE ordered a Minn Kota Riptide trolling motor and foot pedal from this company with the guarantee of 30 day returns. Well it wasn't the correct items for our boat and we returned them at a cost of 82.00 for shipping. When they were returned we tried to get credit and was denied until they had time to examine unopened boxes? We disputed with our CC company and they held the charges until a credit was received. We didn't realize the credit was 185.58 short, until today. I called and the Indian woman said sorry too bad the 15% stocking fee is on the website and we recharge the shipping too? None of this adds up, I asked for the 82.00 we paid to return the items and she said contact your CC company. We ordered by phone and the Indian man said returns no problem, no mention of restocking or shipping charges being deducted. We reordered the correct items thru a local business and all is well. I say never use this company unless you are sure of what you want and the technical help and CS is Indian:( Please do not think I'm predigest, I have Indian friends, they do not have good customer service.

jesseg30
4/17/15

I ordered two wireless headsets with lifters for desk phones over 3 weeks ago. The headsets came in via FedEx within 4-5 days. The lifters were delivered to my town via UPS, then the USPS was in charge. The package never arrived and was shipped back to the senders address in NY. After arguing with someone in India, I was able to speak with someone in America. She said they would reship the item same day. 3 days later, I call back and someone in India offers me a refund... I finally get to a supervisor (same one who said it would be here today) and ask for next day shipping. She declines and advises the package will be here in 3-5 days via UPS. Unacceptable service. You didn't deliver on your promise and I have to keep waiting? Never again

Tip for consumers: Good luck

brads34
4/15/15

This place is nothing more than a company that is sells pure junk and then commits fraud. I ordered a cell phone battery from them. they first sent it over 3000 miles away from my location. They ship your order by way of DHL which is as bad as this place. DHL tenders your order to the next carrier so it gets lost. I called them and all you talk to is foreigner's that can not speak English, they talk as to if they don't want you to understand what they are saying so you hang up and give up. I am one state away from there location and it took 3 weeks to get my product. when I opened the bag the wrong battery was sent. The part was out of the wrapper, the wrapper had the correct part number on it but the part was wrong it looked like they just threw the wrapper in the bag and then put whatever they had in the bag. They sent my part in a plastic bag with no bubble packing whatsoever. Every time I called them they would give me the run around. Once they offered to give me a free 25.00 gift card for walmart, they transfer you to someone else and then they try to con you into paying 1.00 and scam you into signing up for something that will end up costing you. Stay as far away from this place as you can. They should be shut down permanently and sued.

barbarat25
4/13/15

Just ordered my first GPS. This product seems like a good value. The website was easy to use.

wanettab
4/6/15

I just ordered the Plantronics M70 bluetooth earpiece about 15 minutes ago. For 15 minutes I have been on hold (18882850376) waiting to speak to someone to claim my additional $25 Walmart or Home Depot Gift Card. Twice I have been hung up on after waiting on hold because the recording said"your call will be answered shortly". It never was. However, I was hung up on. If this is customer service then I pray nothing happens to my purchase because I'll just be hung up on repeatedly. Never shopping here again. I'd rather drive to the store.

They just lost a dedicated online shopper.

-------- #Ilive4convenience

Tip for consumers: Don't hold your breath for the Gift Card..........

raymondl27
4/4/15

I bought a replacement laptop computer battery Toshiba PA3534U. Factory Outlet Store website stated that the battery meets or exceeds original manufacturers specification. My original battery lasted 4 years. Their replacement worked for less than 90 days before it stopped taking a full charge even though I cycle charged by letting it drain all the way down. I called their customer service and was told that the battery only has a 30 day return policy. However, the website warranty page implies some manufacturers have a 90 day warranty; apparently this does not apply to their computer batteries, now I understand why. He told me that I should have purchase the 2 year warranty for an additional fee. I checkout a number of other websites that sell the same type of battery and they all offer a 1 year warranty at no additional charge. I mentioned this to their customer service representative and he must have gotten confused. He told me I should have purchased the battery from them. I was surprised by his answer and asked "so you are telling me to buy batteries from your competitor". He then stumbled on this words because the conversation was no longer going by the "script" in front of him. I do a lot of my shopping online with Amazon and have had great experiences. In hind sight, I should have stayed with them. Needless to say I am out a battery and will check out the competition for better product offerings, warranty, and customer service.

harveyw8
3/30/15

After a bad experience buying a replacement battery for my laptop locally..I went to HP. HP uses these idiots...I gave them the EXACT make model and serial number...I know how to read...they don't. The battery they sent me was NOT even close...and they are reading off of scripts since they do not understand what you are saying...do not waste your time and money with this place...WHY THE HELL does HP use them!!!????

Tip for consumers: NEVER use this site!!!!!

alp642
3/28/15

Completed Dissatisfied!
Do not buy products here!
I ordered and paid for a Garmin Product at the online Factory Outlet Store on 2/28/2015. They indicated product availability and offered a standard 2-5 day estimated delivery.
After the product did not arrive, and without any communication from the "store", I tried to track the shipment online but only received a confusing note that they were processing my request. I called and was advised that the product was back ordered and WOULD SHIP in three days. DId not receive the product. Called again and again advised that product WOULD SHIP to 2-4 days....didn't happen. Called again...same advice so I cancelled the order.
I strongly recommend that you do not buy from FactoryOutletStore because they don't communicate with the manufacturer nor with the customer. They don't provide any accurate information about the actual product availability or shipment.

Tip for consumers: They don't know the true availability of the products they sell.
They don't communicate the true status of the product availability nor shipping status.
Do use FactoryOutletStore

robertp95
3/25/15

I ordered thinking they were a Magellan dealer, that was only a bait and switch. I got the GPS and it locked on the start screen. The GPS looked like it was used for a hockey puck. I even get the joy of paying the return shipping. When the people you talk with don't even speak english, HANG UP!

They refunded my money, but shipping one way only

penc
3/23/15

I was looking for a specific phone system with certain capabilities. I didn't have a model#, but your site made it easy to find what I needed at a reasonable price and then added free shipping!
THANX.

mikeh148
3/19/15

This company is set up to take advantage and your money at every possible point. I mistakenly ordered the wrong product. The same day I received it, I followed their return policy to the letter. Returned the item for an exchange. What I got in return was a $60 charge after I paid $20 to return the item to them. So, I am out $80. Most companies would be happy to exchange for a more expensive item (the item I needed cost 100 bucks more!), but factoryoutletstore.com is just interested in taking your money. There customer service number just had a repeating recording that would not accept any input from the customer (said enter 2 for returns, but 2, or any other digit, did nothing). What a scam. I will never do business with this company. Save yourself the trouble!

kenh39
3/17/15

I went through Hewlett Packard's site to ordered a battery, and they redirected me to FactoryOutlet's site, then I ordered a battery for my HP Laptop. I was given a date of 2-5 business days for delivery. Upon checking through tracking the item, it has been sitting in Fayetteville NC for over a week, and I was told it could not be delivered to the Post Office in my area. The Post Office states they could delivery it but it is their call in Fayetteville. I have asked for a refund, but was told I had to wait another 10 days. I have not item, and have to jump through hoops to get my money....

Tip for consumers: if the message is good, then the site is good

alejandref
3/16/15

I ordered from this store but since my shipping address was different from my billing address, (coz I'm in another state for temporary work) they send me this form to fill up and asked me to provide credit card photo & ID photo copy as my authorization to identify that I'm the same person making the purchase. Which I did satisfactory. And I waited for a few hours for their respond. When I got a call they said they can't complete the transaction because the shipping and the billing address was different.

So why the hell they send me the authorization form?

I know they protect the customer like me but why waste my time to fill up the form if it is not possible.

stephenk40
3/16/15

They have a lot of equipment to select from and the prices are competitive as well. I will order from them again.

audreym11
3/14/15

I placed my order with someone who barely spoke English. The order never arrived, no email confirmation. When I called they had the wrong email addresss and credit card number. They wanted my credit card number again. ? I did not like the way the customer service agent was handling this call and after speaking with them my female intuition told me to cancel the order. There is something not so right about this company. When I ordered my Samsung battery from Samsung.com they told me they get complaints all the time from customers who never got the right stuff from this company and ordered from Samsung. Be careful--- and spend a few more bucks with a legitimate company for peace of mind.

Tip for consumers: Shop around be careful

andrep7
3/9/15

The "positive reviews" all basically say the same thing which leads me to believe they're fake. I wouldn't be surprised. I'm currently dealing with them now with my purchase of a watch (Suunto Ambit 2) and have been waiting the entire week for just a tracking number. They keep telling me it will be available in 24 hours. Well, a few days later and it's still not available. Called again today and they told me end of day now. I tried to cancel but it was "dispatched" already to the carrier and cannot be retrieved during this process. I intend to immediately re-send it back purely out of disgust for this company. It does say on the website there is a restocking fee and shipping costs will be charged (I see some reviews that state otherwise, so I'm sure the company wised up and made this more clear). Still sucks but I'd rather get this behind me and never do business with them. Also, my watch said it was "Brand New" on the website but see complaints of refurbished items. I'll be curious to see how mine arrives. I should have known things were fishy when they asked for me to fax them a verification form (signed) with a photo copy of my credit card because my shipping/billing addresses were different. I didn't do it. Never have been asked that and that just seemed arcane to me.

I already bought my Suunto Ambit 2 again from Amazon just today. It will even probably get here before the Factory Outlet Store's with just regular shipping used on Amazon. Don't stress about your item...just use the normal channels you are comfortable with. Price reduction is not worth the hassle.

Tip for consumers: Just cancel your order while you still have a chance!

williams313
3/6/15

Good sales, plenty of product to choose from, nice prices. Reliable company with I think have one of the best GPS units on the market.

janetd10
2/14/15

I will not be doing business with FactoryOutlet Store again. Bought a cell phone booster that did not work at our house. Was charged 15% restocking fee and $8.00 shipping when I returned the item. I was not informed of the restocking fee and postage fee when I purchased the item. Very deceptive marketing!
When the company saw this review, they contacted me by email to ask about my comment "very deceptive marketing". I replied citing the restocking fee and postage fee not being clear.
They did refund my money, however. So I am grateful. Just be aware of this if you order from them and be very sure you want the item!!!

joyc255
2/12/15

Wish I would have read the reviews before I placed an order! The website says all orders will be filled in 1-3 business days. Says I would get an email for tracking purposes, when the order had been shipped and if the product was on back order I would be notified. After nine days with no phone and no email from the company I had to borrow a phone to even call to Factory Outlet Store. The service rep was very hard to understand. I "think" he told me the battery was on back order. I canceled my order and needless to say, I won't be ordering from this place in the future. Now I'm waiting for an email with the cancellation info.

Tip for consumers: Hope you have better luck than I did!

augustineb12
2/9/15

convenient, easy and price competitive

thomasc71
2/3/15

They sell garbage! refrigerator filter I bought leaked all over the kitchen floor. DO NOT PURCHASE FROM THEM!!!!

donnal44
2/2/15

Looks like they do this on the regular....send a re fab unit on a gps,I bought what I thought was a new unit,waited forever to get it only to find it was a used rebuilt one! No where did it say this when I ordered it! I see several other people had the same issue!

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware!

nevera6
2/1/15

This is the most unprofessional, incompetent, and careless bustheir customer service is a joke.Their customer service is a joke. go online and look at the amount of complaints filed and the Better Business Bureau. Wish I had done that first. I looked on one website which graded them a 4.2. I looked on others which have 97 complaints with no resolution and many others with the same kind of response. Don't make the same mistake. Do not do business with these people.

mikea67
1/30/15

I placed an order at FactoryOutletStore.com on 1/21/15. 7 days later, I receive an email saying that I need to call them for verification - 7 days!!! The order say in their system for 7 days before any action was taken on it. I canceled the order and placed the order on amazon for less money.

Tip for consumers: Don't order from them if you want timely service.

elainec14
1/26/15

I have been shopping for several months for a five handset Vtech home phone system. They aren't available in stores. This system can be linked with my cell phone. It's exactly what I've been looking for.

sharonm67
1/22/15

I purchased a phone for $800. I sent it back for a full refund (is what I was told I would receive); that totaled $614. They said I put tape on the box and ruined it. I have been trying to get a refund every since the 15th of December. I did not need to tape the box, it was held at one end by the label that the company placed on it.

Tip for consumers: The language accent is so thick, I had to keep asking, "what did you say?" The price is probably too good to be true - I don't think it's worth the bother. You're on hold too long.

mark
1/19/15

Ordering the phone was easy and quick. It would have been 5 stars if I did not get abbushed by a falsely leading popup that offered a free $20 rebate if you click on it. Ended up being a sales pitch for a monthly discount service.

gk18
1/19/15

Bought a BackBeat go2 from this place. Brand New it said in their online store. I got it about a week later. The factory seal was broken. The box was tattered they way they are after everything is removed from them and then stuffed back in. Before I opened it I could clearly see through the plastic window on the box to the product inside and the tray holding it. The tray was all stained and though it was black in color the stain was gray. Like the tray had been outside the box for a long time before being replaced. It looked like it had been contaminated with something, but the outside of the box was not discolored at all. It is obvious this company is selling used and returned items as new. Caveat Emptor! Buyers beware! PS: When I called it was obviously a boiler room phone center over seas. The person was hard to understand and the phone connection was umbearable.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy new items on this site. They are not new at all. Caveat Emptor! Buyers beware!

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: what if I open and try my purchase and it is not satisfactory. How much money can I get back?
Answer
srinivasm1
A: I strongly recommend not to buy anything from this place.
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Are your Dell Laptop Batteries brand New and with satisfaction guarantee?
1 month ago
Answer
jl67
A: But these things locally. I don't trust this place. I bought phones which were refurbished but NEVER stated as such. One stopped working a month after receipt!!! Pay a few $& more and stay away from this place.
1 month ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FactoryOutletStore staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

6 Photos for FactoryOutletStore