US Government's NSF
travism

61 Reviews for FactoryOutletStore

▼ Sort by: recent

4/16/14

Stay away from this company if you want to maintain your sanity. Horrible experience. Charged my credit card twice and then sent an email requesting a copy of a photo ID and the back of the credit card to authorize the order. They claimed they only charged it once and they need the authorization to release the order. Customer service appears to be overseas and is very rude and unhelpful. Ended up canceling the order.

4/14/14

you can only get store credit if you do not want the item ordered. the with in 3 days shipped is great. but the bad part is they use UPS M.I. we all know is the slowest mail delivery there is. i made the order on 05 APR 14 the delivery date was 14 APR 14 but it did not arrive on the date it was promise. will not buy from them again.

4/11/14

This company is bogus. Don't tie your money up because you will become very frustrated with the customer service. They don't care about you they only care about the cash flow that you can provide to them. Nothing ever gets delivered on time and they will promise you next day Saturday delivery and charge you more money but you never receive anything. They tell you they will call you back and no one ever calls you back. The manager gives you a phone number for their personal line and when you call that number back it doesn't exist. LIES, they will refund you eventually because there is another sucker that is tying up their cash flow trusting that this is a reputable site.

4/4/14

The site would not process for 20 minutes after we were doing ordering and had all the information filled out. While filling out the information it kept kicking me out of the form and I had to reenter the fomr.

4/4/14

Is there a zero-star option?

On March 21st, I placed an order for a replacement battery for my son's laptop as he had to have the laptop running for a science competition next week (April 7). I was led to believe that the part would be delivered in 4-5 business days. Well, on March 24th, I received an e-mail that the order had shipped and also got a tracking number with DHL. We were out of town for a few days with no internet access. Upon returning, I read the e-mail and attempted to track the package. No information was available on the DHL site. When I put in a CSR request, I was informed by DHL in an e-mail that no such package had been delivered to them. When I called Factor Outlet Store on March 30th, the rep was very understanding (as though this was the first time the issue had ever come up), but said it would definitely be here by April 1st, and if not, they would institute a research into it. I was really upset and told him why not send another battery and I would return the second one if I got two. He said that that would not be possible, but I could place another order. I almost agreed, but thankfully did not. Yet to receive the package (DHL does not show it either) and I am beyond calling Factory Outlet Store - instead, on April 1st, I called my credit card company and asked them to give me credit for the purchase and informed them that I never received the product.

4/1/14

STAY AWAY: THIS IS THE WORST BUSINESS I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH. THEY SEND OUT THE WRONG MERCHANDISE AND BLAME IT ON YOU. THEY CANNOT SPEAK ENGLISH SO YOU NEED TO BE FLUENT IN WHATEVER LANGUE THEY ARE SPEAKING TO UNDERSTAND THEIR LIES.

3/31/14

Ordered goggle lenses in January. Never said they were on back order. After calling they said they were on back order. They said they would have them in a week. Then after two weeks got an email asking if I still wanted order. I changed to lenses that were not on back order and they said they would ship that day. Never got confirmation then called a week later and everything was on back order again. Will never use this site again.

3/28/14

I wasn't asked for a discount code...I have an Elite Flip (2 years old) which won't hold a charge anymore(about 15 minutes of talk time!). I called the customer service number about possible battery replacement and was told that wasn't an option but was given a 10% discount code DANKET3N but wasn't able to use it with my purchase. Still a good buy with the sale but 10% more would be even better!!!

3/27/14

Ordered a replacement battery for a HTC phone, battery lasted less than 3 months. OEM that was on the way out continues to work better than there knock-off junk.
30 warranty is all they offer, customer care agent was bloody rude. If you want junk buy from them. I know I'm done!

3/24/14

I ordered the charging cable for Garmin 1350T from FactoryOutletStore because on the picture it looked exactly like my original charger. The thing that I received was not even close match to the picture. It was a cheap replacement with spiral cord, which you can actually buy for $5. I called the customer service and asked them to refund my money after I send this thing back. How much of a surprise it was when I got only $10 back instead of getting $16 plus shipping cost. This is unacceptable and this is not about the money. These guys need to learn how to respect the customer.

3/21/14

I have used your services before and never had any problems so here I am again please keep the good work going. Mr.Pujol

3/21/14

A simple order. The tracking information provided is not valid. Calling their 866 phone number provides the option to track the item yet there is no tracking information available. After speaking with a rep, I was told the order was shipped on 3/17/14 and it will arrived on 3/26/14. Even the USPS would get a mailing from NY to CT in less that 4 days, yet this company's shipment takes 10 days? Stay away from this company.

3/11/14

So be careful when ordering from the website. Even though it says it is in stock doesn't mean it is. I oredered a Jetboil and was everything I needed and when I ordered it the site said it was in stock. Come to find out after a few days, and no status on shipment when I called that it was on back order. When I called an found this out the customer service rep did nothing to help just said we will give your money back. So of course I won't ever buy something from this place again and went to REI.

3/10/14

Bought a refurbished Garmin GPS with lifetime maps and traffic. When I went to update the maps, I had issues. Garmin said it was never registered with them for lifetime maps. They exchanged (made me pay the shipping) it for me but the new one had exactly the same problem. I called them and they said they would let me exchange it for another model. I shipped it again. I gave them another model to exchange for. It has now been 5 weeks since they received the 2nd bad one and I still have nothing. I have called them 5 times in 5 weeks and they say that they are shipping this week (again). STAY AWAY!!!!

3/7/14

The purses on this site were not designer like promised and they were not even made well. Some of them were over &100.00 and they were made very cheap with stitching that was ready to fall out when they arrived. If you want a designer purse you will not get one on this site. Stay away from this site if you dont want to waste your money.

3/4/14

Very quick and easy to order. Wish they took PayPal as an option.

2/25/14

Should NOT be a google trusted site!!
I returned an item and hidden text is THEN they charge you for the "free" shipping for the original purchase PLUS a restocking fee.
Unethical site IMHO.

2/20/14

Extremely disappointing! I ordered 5 Panasonic phones for my office which were advertised as new and received 3 phones which are visibly used, with dirt marks all over them. I have spent hours waiting for customer service to pick up and never got to a live person.
Horrible return policy: they charge 15% for the return handling + deduct their shipping expenses + you ship the returns on your own. So now not only I received something that I didn't order, but I will lose tons of money returning it...
Will NEVER order from this site again!

2/14/14

I can't waste any more time describing how this Company wasted so much of my time. Suffice it please to say that their live agent service is disgraceful. I was unnecessarily transferred and excessively kept holding. When finally I was attended to the Agent could not have been less helpful unless she actually disconnected me.

2/11/14

When I palced an order on 2/7/14 I specifically asked if item was in-stock, they checked and said YES. I asked it item would ship today based on their web ad that says "Same day shipping" and was told yes! It was never shipped until 2/11/14. I do not like being lied too!!!! Spread the word NEVER do business with FactoryOutletStore.com
NEVER NEVER again!

2/11/14

The website promises same day shipping. I paid for two day delivery. Three business days later, UPS has not received the package and customer service ignores my inquiries.

2/3/14

What a scam. The items are damaged and broken and when you attempt to return them, you wait on hold forever, have someone who can barely speak English, are continuously placed back on hold...it is a nightmare. The first new item I ordered was damaged. I exchanged it but they returned it and only created part of the amount back due to restocking even though I asked for an exchanged. I had to order a new one outright and pay full costs. The next two items were damaged. I paid expedited shipping and return costs both times but they refuse to compensate even though they provide crappy items. STAY AWAY!!!

1/31/14

Website was great. Easy to find exactly what I needed, easy to place my order. Free shipping was a bonus!

1/31/14

At the end of my purchase, I was offered a $20:00 instant cash back now if I would call 1-877-846-1048. When I called, I was told that I could get another $20:00 cash back if I accepted a certain promotion. When I stated that I only wanted the $20:00 offer at the end of my purchase, I was told that both $20:00 offers we're linked together and one could not be given without the other. Of course I did not take the offer because I thought that this was a cheap ploy for me to buy something that I did not want. I think the $20:00 offer should be honored without any strings. I was very disappointed. That was not good at all. J

1/20/14

I purchased 2 portable phone batteries for my AT&T phone on Oct 25, 2013.
While the service was good, the batteries were TERRIBLE, lasting only about 6 weeks, whereas batteries I have purchased from other sites lasted about a year.
There's something wrong here.
DON'T buy portable phone batteries from factoryoutletstore.com, period!

12/20/13

Ordered a replacement battery for my Motorola Droid Bionic and it does not hold a charge any better than the original one, which has been in steady use for over a year. If it weren't for the countless horror stories about people trying to return stuff, I might actually bother, but I don't believe it's worth the $13 I paid. Lesson learned... avoid this retailer.

12/20/13

I ordered a Garmin watch over a week ago. I was told it would arrive 4 days ago on the website when I placed my order. Still have yet to receive tracking information. I've called twice and spoke to foreigners that I can't understand at all and they tell me that they have no idea whether my order has even shipped or not nor can they give me a refund!!!!!!! Ridiculous! I've learned my lesson...always used Amazon.com

12/17/13

The phone I ordered from FactoryOutletStore turned out being backstocked. When I called to ask for it to be cancelled I sat on hold for 45 min only to have them tell me to call back tomorrow. I just want to be refunded my money but no one will help me cancel my order. Very unhappy with my service I'm receiving. I have a feeling I won't get a refund or my order cancelled

12/9/13

bought a phone. didn't even remove it from the box. Shipped it back immediately and was refunded only partial. Cost me $9 to return it and they did not refund me $20 additional $s. Phone was $79.99. They refunded $59.99. Bottom line is, it cost me $30.00 to do business with this company and I didn't even buy anything. BUYER BEWARE. STAY AWAY!!!!!

11/4/13

Horrible company! Ordered item listed as Brand New and came Used. Takes forever to wait in queue for return authorization. i was told I'd get full refund and return shipping but was charged restocking fee. Another phone call. No refund for shipping the junk back to them. Avoid this company no matter what price or item they list. Fraudulent!

10/16/13

bought 2 batteries for 2 phones and they would not hold a charge for a couple hours, factory outlet did send 2 more batteries but they didn't last more then a couple weeks before they wouldn't hold a charge for half a day with no use, just stand by. I already wasted more time then it was worth. went to "Batteries Plus"

9/25/13

Bought a battery for a cordless phone I have. Battery lasted a total of 4 months. Very disappointed in the quality of their products !!!! Did not respond back when I sent them an email expressing my displeasure. Would not purchase from here !!!!

9/21/13

Bought a lifetime maps update for GPS, and lost the "key" which had been originally mailed to me. When I called to ask to recover the info, (and had my order number and everything), they said they had no way to do this and could not help me at all.I only used the updates twice, and feel really decieved. The customer service person did not speak clear English, either.

9/5/13

I placed an order for a phone on August 12th. It was supposed to be in stock and the site indicated that I should receive it in less than a week. It is now September 5th and, after one ignored email and two phone calls, I still do not have a phone. This company simply lies about products being in stock and provides fictitious ship dates.

7/31/13

Marketed as Plantronics charger cradle, but is actually spare part for a charging cradle? great ripoff! You'll never see me as a customer again, thanks for the good misleading screw-job, great way to ripoff customers!
If you want to be screwed blued and tattooed and pay for it twice buy from the store and get RIPPED OFF!!!!

7/29/13

Rip Off Store. They make their money charging a 15% restocking fee. They sent me a product that didn't work. I had to pay the return postage and they deducted a 15% restocking fee for the credit.

7/19/13

Unfortunately bought a Fish Finder from this rip off place, was fooled by the "Google Trusted Store" A Rating for both shipping and Service which as you can tell by the numerous complaints here are complete BS.
You have to pay for return shipping on a defective product, which is probably the only place on the planet that does that still. So I can spend another $20 shipping the product back then if I receive another dud I am stuck with sending it back again at my cost, so could be a never ending death loop.
Best thing to do is to completely avoid this trap and do NOT buy anything from this company.

6/25/13

Rip Off Store. They make their money charging a 15% restocking fee. Do not buy from these guys. returned a $400 GPS and they charged me $69. WTF!

6/18/13

Received wrong information from the telephone sales representative. He told me that the $179.00 headsets would plug into the telephone I have. When I received the headsets I found that the plug is not compatible with my phone.

I called them back and asked for a refund which they did offer but they expected me to pay for shipping. I feel that it's not only wrong but incredibly short-sited for this company to expect me pay anything at all for their mistake, after all, it was their sales rep that led me astray.

Talking to the customer service gal was like talking to a cork. I'm not sure she was even plugged in.

I'm rating all one star including the price because any price is too high for worthlessness.

I suggest that the owner of this company do a little shopping at Zappos to see what customer service is all about. here's a clue Mister... Lifetime customers VS never again in this life.

6/7/13

I ordered a graph for my Charter Fishing Business. After 11 days I contacted company to find out where the unit was. I was told the transducer was back ordered so it wasn't shipped, which wouldn't be a problem but they failed to notify me. So after I called them and found out info, I ordered another unit. I needed to pay $80 for over night shipping because it's become very urgent I get this boat up and running! Guess What??? It happened again. Called to find out where the unit was, oops it's back ordered, should be there in 10-12 days. Also no call from them. Unless you want to be frustrated do not use this company.

5/21/13

I am writing this review because I had a horrible customer experience with this company and their representatives. The demands, requirements, and continued incompetence and lack of regard to customer service has made my one and only interaction with FactoryOutletStore.com truly miserable. I will NEVER shop with this company again and will persuade all of my personal and professional contacts to NOT shop at their website due to the lack of care, consideration, and total lack of competence in their employees/representatives.

It is ridiculous and unacceptable to be called three times in regards to the SAME issue over a span of 48 hours. Not only this but to receive those multiple calls and for that issue to NOT be resolved during the first point of contact is beyond reproach. Additionally, forcing me to wait on the phone for their customer service agents to become available because the information required initially was not correctly/competently requested for during the first contact was a huge burden and inconvenience.

Suffice it to say, this experience was THE WORST online experience I have ever had in the history of my online purchasing experiences.

2/16/13

DO NOT ever buy from this company. I purchased a cordless phone from them. I opened the box, it appeared to have been just thrown in the box and sent out, no user manual or instructions and once I charged it, it was defective. I contacted the company to try and seek a resolution, but all they did was hang up on me, lie to me and when I called back and asked for a manager, they stated I had no reason to talk with a manger and then hung up again. Now they want me to pay to have it returned. I'm in the process of going through PAYPAL resolution in order to get my money refunded. DO WALK, BUT RUN FROM THIS COMPANY AS FAST AS YOU CAN!

1/23/13

WORST customer service I have ever received!!! The item I bought (a underground fence collar for a dog) was sent with the wrong battery (a 9-volt instead of the correct battery which would cost ~$20), which could have been easily fixed. After calling customer service they told me that I would have to send the item back at my cost to have the same item with the correct battery sent to me. After 2 lengthy conversations with customer service (rude and not knowledgable at all), I was told that I would get a $5 credit to my account to cover shipping. This never happened. Save yourself some time and money and order through a different site. Their customer service is ridiculous, and the prices are not that great. I will not be ordering from them again, even if I could save a few dollars by doing so.

12/14/12

sent wrong item, customer service cannot speak english well, tried to tell me that the item sent to me was ALMOST the same thing, wouldn't pay the postage to return. Stay away..

8/29/12

Ordered a Garmin Edge 500 Bundle with Heart Rate Monitor and Cadence. The heart rate monitor strap didn't work so I asked to return it for an exchange. I put a small x on the heart rate strap before I shipped it back (at my expense of course). They told me they exchanged it for a new one. I got it back today and it was the same one with the x that I sent back to them and it still didn't work. I called customer service, and I use that term loosely, and they told me to send the whole package back (at my expense) and they would send me a new one...like I believe that! I asked to return the whole thing for a refund and they told me that a 15% fee would be charged plus I have to pay return shipping. The 15% fee on $340.00 is a whopping $51.00 and the shipping is $10.00. I can buy a new heart rate monitor strap from a reputable business for less than $45.00...so that is what I did. I don't see how this company stays in business. I informed them that I was going to write a detailed review about the terrible service but that didn't seem to faze him. After reading all of the bad reviews about them I guess he figured one more wasn't going to make any difference. Stay away from this bunch.

8/28/12

Like other reviews their customer service is terrible to non-existent. Ordered a 4.3 GPS and clicked on accessories which brought up 6 or 8 other items. Ordered a dash mount and carrying case, assuming they were for this item, but both were for smaller units and unusable. When called and told them of their mistake the only recourse was to send it back and reorder, but no one knew what I was to reorder. Not only did they want me to pay shipping to return but a 15% restocking fee that was not even mentioned on their site say 30 days to return. Stay away from this vendor they are very misleading and unprofessional.

8/20/12

Tried to do an exchange, three weeks later and I'm still trying. NEVER AGAIN!!! STAY AWAY FROM THIS VENDOR!!!!

6/7/12

Never will order from this company again. Product deception. Refurbish product sold online as new. Upon receiving product box is marked as Refurbish. Call to complain and told it new it just was taken off of store shelf and sold. What a LIE. Only order from this company if you want to be rip off!

5/14/12

I ordered the Garmin FR60-Bundle-Women. It should have the watch
- with Wireless Heart Rate Monitor
- with USB ANT™ Stick
- with Wireless Foot Pod
The shipment came with the watch and heart rate monitor only, missing the USB ANT stil and the Wireless Foot Pod.
When I called customer service I was given two options: (1) I send them back the what I received and when they get it they will send me the right one; or (2) I place and pay for another order which they promise to send right away and they promise to send me a refund for my original order once they receive it back from me. In either case, I have to pay for shipping the original item back to them. When I told the customer service representative how it does not make sense for me to pay for shipping back the item when it is them who made the mistake, I was told that only a supervisor can make an exception. When I asked to speak to a supervisor I was told that supervisors are only available at specific times of day, and I have to call when they are available. This is the most horrible internet transaction experience I've ever had -- and I buy a lot of things online.

3/30/12

They are THIEVES! They charged $46 for an item, sent a defective product. I was never able to reach anyone to help with that. I sent the product back on the 2nd day and they told me they'd be taking 15% for processing. I was refunded $33, 12 days later. They answer the phone right away when you want to buy, they hung up on you when you have questions or complains. I read many positive reviews about this company on Google. I wonder how this is possible and I don't understand why it's so difficult to actually leave a comment about this deceitful company on Google.

About FactoryOutletStore