US Government's NSF

609 Mission Street
San Francisco, CA 94105, USA
Tel: 1-855-FAB-KIDS
customercare@fabkids.com

People interested in FabKids are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

melg9

I had an issue, with my first order and called customer service. (in 18 reviews)

alyssak1

The membership entails charging the credit card on account $29.95 in return for an outfit credit. (in 11 reviews)

jenniferm80

I too purchased items from FabKids not fully understanding the guidelines for VIP membership. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nancyb85
7/15/15

Selection kept declining. When I tried to cancel it took two hours of jumping through hoops. Finally I had to call my credit card company to decline the charge.

kayl297
7/13/15

I ordered two things off this website and then was automatically signed up for a membership I was unaware of upon checking out and now being charged for it!! They did mention the "skipping the month" button and was told that I wasn't going to be charged if I did so, but when I logged into my bank account today I have seen that I was charged and I just spoke with someone about this two days ago. If they are not willing to provide me with my refund I will contact my bank and have them do an investigations and get my money back because I have tried to deal with this matter in a calm and mature way and that obviously doesn't seem to work.

ilkam
7/13/15

I love the quality and the uniqueness of the clothing.... my son looks adorable... my only complaint is that I would like to see more boys styles

aaaa7
7/13/15

I ORDERED THE SHOES 2 FOR $9.95 AND AFTER THAT THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 39.95 THE FOLLOWING MONTH AFTER. I CALLED TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THEY STATED I HAD TO GO ONLINE AND SKIP A MONTH OR EVERY MONTH THEY WILL CHARGE ME. I HAVE DID SO AND CANCELED MY ACCOUNT AND THEY STILL CHARGE ME! I AM FED UP WITH THIS SITE AND CALLING TO COMPLAIN AND TRY AND GET MY MONEY BACK. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS SITE!!!

kathih4
7/10/15

Good grief! The clothes in general are of mid to marginal quality (a few cute outfits), very limited selection! When you do find something you like,,, NEVER FAILS, they are out of stock on the size I'm looking for! 3 times I've tried to cancel, each time I've been talked into staying on with bribes! I'm so sick of them charging my account after I've called to 'skip a month'! When I do remember to call I'm told to go to the website to skip a month, I tried this, apparently their site was down TWICE! When I called after the fact they refuse to refund me, talk me out if canceling, and told me that I should set an alarm on my phone to remind me to cancel by the 5th of each month! What good does it do when the site is not working, you think you've skipped it and it turns out it didn't go through. If my bank won't stop them from debuting my account I'm going to get a different account number!!! So done with this place!!!!

Tip for consumers: Very tricky!

kathyc52
7/8/15

Didn't know I was signing up for a monthly membership. They didn't make that clear. Terrible.

joyc316
6/30/15

Buying was not a problem. Products were good and fairly reasonable, although I thought their selection was limited. But this is what gripes me - they lead you into a "VIP Membership" for which they charge you $29.95/mo. to get emails and promos, and the only way you can get out of having that $29.95 charge, IS THAT YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THEM AHEAD OF TIME -- it's not mandatory that you get charged, but they will automatically charge you unless you take action first - Kind of like the old Columbia Music Club where they automatically shipped albums to you unless you sent in a card saying you didn't want the monthly selection. for three months straight my card has been charged even though I canceled my membership. However, my daughter also had an account and once used my charge to purchase an outfit for my granddaughter, so her account was also linked to my card. I called 10 days ago, and was told they would make sure both accounts were canceled and refund the $29.95 charge made this month. I called again today and was told the accounts were both closed, but the refund had not ever been processed, so it would be another 5-7 days to get the refund. I sent a message to Customer Service to let them know about the problems I have experienced, including a problem with their customer service reps being unable to transfer to into an automated system they need me to enter information into before they can help me, and the messages all came back with responses that clearly showed they didn't even read my messages -- they kept telling me to call so they could cancel the accounts and refund my money -- even though I told them in all messages going back and forth that I had taken care of all of that over the phone this morning. Very frustrating. Would never recommend this company again.

lesliew16
6/25/15

I signed up for this website from a promotional offer I received. I ordered a dress and leggings for my daughter. Dress lost its color faster than my other toddler clothes and the leggings had holes in them in under 3 months. Poor quality, not worth even their "VIP" price. I knew it was a monthly charge, but so annoying to skip every month. Canceling is a pain as well, they try to convince you stay and sounds like you're talking to their customer service reps in India. Wal-Mart and Target offer better quality and price than FabKids.

beckyw10
6/23/15

I did not know at firatabout the $29 monthly charge, after I found out I called to cancel the membership abut they talked me into staying by telling me about the skip option and gave me 500 points. I ordered my daughter an outfit and 2 pairs of sandals. The outfit was adorable as were the sandals. Bit the sandals literally lasted a month, if that. I forgot to someone month and I called them to cancel. Not Lily did they refund my $29 but they gave me another 500 points. Once you reach 1000 point to you get a free outfit. And I also have a member credit for that (which is good for a free outfit, if I can figure out how to redeem it). Just remember to skip every month or pick an outfit, not hard at all. And DON'T buy the sandals!!

emilym52
6/18/15

Look at their BBB.com rating. better business bureau have gave them a "F". They charge you a monthly fee without your knowledge. Because they have some where in small print saying you are singing up for a VIP member ship and charge you $29.95 every month. When you contact them, they wouldn't refund you back.

donp36
6/17/15

I have ordered a dress from this place. But without any of my knowledge, they somehow singed me up for a VIP membership that charge me $29.95 every month. I didn’t even know about this till I check my credit card statement. When I contacted customer service, they said “Unfortunately, we are unable to process you’re request”. This is bad business and they secretly signed you up for things you don’t even know about.

kristenm16
6/16/15

I agree that the quality of the clothes is sometimes less than I expect for the money, so I buy when they have sales - haven't been disappointed yet with buying clothes for my children from the comfort of my home.

Further, before you make your first purchase, IT SAYS THAT YOU AGREE TO BECOME A VIP unless you choose the other option that states you don't want to be a VIP. It also clearly states what goes into being a VIP, such as a monthly membership unless you cancel or skip month.

I just really don't get all these negative reviews. Do people not take the time to read the NOT fine print? Seriously, it was clear as day before I made the purchase. PLUS, they send a ton of emails reminding you to skip.

daniellem34
6/16/15

I became a member for 1 month to buy my daughter her birthday dress. Everything ordering went smoothly and then next month they charged me $29.95 because I forgot to skip. That was my bad. When I spoke to the lady on the phone to get my money refunded, I also asked her to cancel my membership. Apparently she never did, because not even a week later they charged me AGAIN. I called again and the lady said that I couldn't have my money back and that I never asked for a cancellation of my membership. She basically told me that I was lying. She then had the nerve to try to convince me to stay. So I lost 29.95 and there's a credit on my account I can't use because I cancelled my membership. That is bad business.

jessicah68
6/9/15

OMG !!! YES!! SARAH C. GIRL THEY ATTACKING ME WITH THAT NOW. NOT JUST ONE TIME... BUT TWICE. WHAT PART DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND! THEN I CAN'T GET MY MONEY BACK ON MY CARD TIL LIKE 2 TO 8 BUSINESS DAYS. BUT, IT TAKES YOU GUYS ONE SECOND TO PUT YAL GREEDY HANDS ON IT. I WILL JUST TELL PEOPLE IF YOU USE THAT CARD TO ORDER WITH THEM. GET A NEW CARD!!! (NEVER AGAIN!)

kerrym32
5/27/15

I purchased a couple of pairs of toddler shoes with a two for one promotion and $10 off "special". The shoes haven't arrived and I suspect they will be just fine when they do. However, because I happened to actually read one of the flurry of e-mails they sent after my order I noticed that I was now a VIP. VIP's get great prices, special discounts, yada, yada, yada. They also are enrolled in a program that bills them $26 dollars every month unless they order something or click a link to refuse. Forget to click and you pay $26 for nothing. I cannot imagine this is a legal business practice but it certainly is at least dishonest. I will research FabKids, their owners, corporate affiliations etc. and stop doing business with any of them.

harleym35
5/26/15

Is to shop and to buy stuff and get my stuff

angelicar1
5/26/15

I called to cancel my membership for the second time and they refused to give me my money back after they charged me in error. I managed to get the woman to give me $30 back. Then asked wasn't there 2 credits charged? She said yes but she could only give me back 1. So I put my husband on the phone who got the rest back-forcefully. What a pain! On top of that I've bought better quality at Walmart. They're so not worth the one time only $15 and especially not $30!

rochellec4
5/13/15

I ordered shoes from this site for my children, they were not true to size. I have been trying for 5 days to quit my membership and each time I call there is either a problem with the phone line or the wait time is over a hour long wait. This is horrible business! I would Not recommend this company to any one! if you do purchase from them DO NOT sign up for the fake VIP membership once on it they will continue to charge your account and not let you quit the membership!

lisethv
5/12/15

This company charge customer without permissions.

taniae
5/11/15

The times I have had to call for a problem or question they have answered it and have been very nice about it

emmar33
4/28/15

Cloth

sundaris
4/28/15

I bought my daughter the 2 for $20 shoe deal.1 pair of high top sneakers, and one pair of pink leopard print of ugg style boots.
the sneakers thing to be good quality, however even though they were the same size as the boots they were about a size too big. the boots seems nice but after wearing them for a month the whole sole of the shoe just began coming off. after one month of wearing the boots they were literally coming apart. I would not buy from this company and in again. horrible horrible quality especially for children's clothes

karlyg
4/23/15

Saw a great promotion and ordered a few things. When I received them I was totally disappointed in quality- just figured it was a small loss. Then I realized they were taking money out of my checking account every couple months without my knowledge!! Finally, spoke to a young customer service rep who spent a great deal of time trying to sell me on their VIP member ship. I got my bank involved and luckily got all my money back. Stay away!! Sneaky and unethical.

aracelym
4/20/15

so far i got my son an outfit an its good . wish they had smaller sizes

juliap20
4/17/15

This website is horrible!
I ordered my first outfit for my friends daughter and they automatically made me a VIP member. Now my account is being charged a $29 monthly fee that I was NOT aware of. Stay away from FabKids!!!!!!

melg9
4/8/15

Cute selection. Quickly shipped.

The ONLY thing I don't like is the genderized part. I created a profile for my girls as girls, and one profile for them as boys. They had dino shirts and such in the boys section only.

It is pretty obvious it is a club type of site, my cousin invited me and told me all about it. You get one outfit for $30 each month, you can opt out if you don't see something that you like. They give you 6 days to opt out, then they charge you.

I had an issue, with my first order and called customer service. I was helped right away and she solved my issue over the phone.

the clothes are of good quality. and my daughters LOVE them.

Tip for consumers: be sure to opt out of the monthly selection if you don't want to be charged.

nikkil13
3/26/15

I signed up for an account because I had a buy one get one sale and 10 dollars off. Their stuff is really cute but i couldn't find the size of shoe i needed which was a T5 according to their size chart. I called customer service to get a woman who barely spoke english and over and over she tried to sell me a T7 and all i wanted to know is if they carry T5 which apparently they do not. I finally got a manager on the phone to tell me if they carry the size i need, and thank heavens, she spoke fluent english. The manager was able to explain to me that they don't carry the size i need. I never bought anything because of all the trouble i had with the rep. I thought, good lord, if i can't get through and get an answer for this I wonder what it would be like to have a return. Their clothes look cute but I think I will stick with the ease of old navy.

clifflener
3/25/15

I purchase A VIP membership and received my items and the company made an error with the sizes for my son clothes and I called to get it fixed and they said they were going to mail it out to me right away a week later I called to find out on a status of my order and they have not even attempted to mail it out because I did not return the item. the customer service was telling me something different when I called to find out why they didn't send it out I was so frustrated that I asked for my membership to be cancelled. the customer service rep refused to cancel my membership. She kept trying to find ways for me to keep my membership without helping me. the worst customer service ever I will never use this service again.

lw22
3/21/15

Tried once, and billed 4 months the $29.95!!!! Lesson to check credit card statement each month. Customer Service is a joke! Sounded like the rep was 13 years old,,,Promised credit, we will see, but reported it to credit card company none the less.

christinam33
3/12/15

Worst company ever. Terrible customer service. Called to cancel and they say my account is canceled and my orders are canceled. All great news if they would have asked any information to be able to locate my account. So I ask can you please confirm with me what account you cancel and all the person on the phone could do was breath like they just ran a marathon. Not a single reply to me. After 5 minutes of me asking for a response or please transfer me to a supervisor the lady goes please call back between business hours. It's 11 am and I live 40 mins from there business address. How am I not calling during business hours. Now I have to wait out a few days and keep a serious eye on my bank account.

sherryf9
3/9/15

Watch out for the fine print. Make sure you read everything. I didn't and got burnt. 29.95 a month is terrible whether you buy something or not. You can skip a month if you remember to go in their site and hit skip or you will be charged. I will never buy from a site like that again.

adams129
3/8/15

I was charged $29.96 a month for 2 months before I caught it on my back statement. I was unaware that somehow I had become a member

brendaa15
2/10/15

I love fab kids. I have been a member for about 6 months we order once a month and it is a great surprise every month. they are not ripping you off you are just getting a credit . its a special thing my 4 year old looks forward to see come in the mail for her every month. and we have boots shoes and clothes and have never found them to be poor quality. so sorry for those of you who didn't read before getting your free item. live and learn

an13103
2/1/15

The clothes are good quality and the fashions are unique enough to keep me coming back. To all of the negative reviews about the monthly charges, membership, etc., none of that is a secret. I felt it was all quite clear when I was registering on the site. If you actually read the words on the screen you learn that this is a membership site, you will be changed monthly (UNLESS YOU SKIP THE MONTH WHICH YOU CAN DO, and I have done for multiple consecutive months when we didn't need/want clothes) and you also get reward points for your purchases that you can redeem for free items. Please don't slam this site for your lack of reading comprehension.

shelbyp9
1/13/15

This company is full of $#*! I ordered shoes for my daughter and it was a promotion deal so I got two pair at the promo price but that was back in November I see today that they have been Charging my card $29.95. So I called right away and they tried to tell me that when I took the deal I signed up for membership, I told him it never said that there was a "Monthly Fee" that your billed for the membership and how that's false advertisement. I spoke with a supervisor and he tried to tell me the same thing but once I informed him that I was on the site and it doesn't say monthly fee he was quick to refund my money to my account. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE CAUSE ITS A SCAM TO ROB YOU.

nicoler32
1/12/15

Horrible! You have to pay them $29.95 to be able to buy clothing from them OR you can pay ridiculous prices for their clothing. Lose lose. No thank you!

debbiet10
1/11/15

The clothes were of good quality, but "READ THE FINE PRINT" I was charged $29.96 a month for 3 months before I caught it on my back statement. I was unaware that somehow I had become a member and you evidently have to buy something each month for that charge or more. I had to research my back statement back to Oct and found 3 charges for Nov through Jan. They did agree to refund and close the membership and should be refunded by 5 to 7 business days back to my account. Hope I don't have to call back if they don't show.

nicolem36
12/17/14

Horrible. My Daughter picked out the outfit and ended up disliking it. She did not care for any of their fashions. So I cancelled. I was on the phone forever because they tried every way to get me to stay. Although the woman was nice, it was so disgusting the way they turned everything into a yes question to try and get you to say yes I will stay a customer. Forward two weeks, they charged my credit card 29.95. Why? Then when on the phone with them, they tried their horrible tactics to keep me on as a customer again. Thank you Fab Kids for the hassle and charging my CC the week before Christmas! Worst place ever and the clothes are poorly made.

jonic4
12/8/14

Not so fabulous! Worst online shopping experience ever. Purchased an outfit was automatically enrolled in there membership program. After being charged $120 over a few month period with no receipts indicating the charge, called customer service who had no option for refund. Eventually was given one of the payments back but needed to use the rest as credit on the website. Ordered a few outfits which had minimal options for sizes. Made the order and the shipping address was for a lady in Virginia and I live in Minnesota?? Made another call to customer service to fix the shipping address, while on hold they ran out of some of the leggings that I orders#fustrated

Tip for consumers: Avoid at all costs!!!

aliciak7
11/23/14

I had an awful experience with them. They sent me a skirt instead of the dress that I ordered. When I emailed them they told me I have to send it back to get my dress and they would charge me $5.95 to do the exchange even though it was their fault!!! Their customer service is awful, I couldn't get anything but canned responses. Too bad too because I love subscription services and I would have been a good customer. I had to call and cancel. Beware of this company!

tracyw35
11/11/14

Horrible customer service. I canceled my account after waiting over 45 minutes twice and they still charged my account. This place is a scam. STAY AWAY!!

kathyd14
11/10/14

I was aware of the membership, however, I had an option to opt out and once you're a member they won't let you cancel - they just keep charging your credit card.
NEVER deal with FabKids - anyone else would get jail time for what they are doing!

sherylr4
11/4/14

i hate this site i order one shoes for my daughter and i dont know that when you sign up its automatically your a VIP Custumer and when i did order one shoes i got the shoes so im so confident to order another maybe later, in 2 months i check my bank account i saw 3 charges from fabkids.com $29 dollars really? so now i check there website i saw that when you sign up your automatically VIP what ? what is VIP so i check and i found out if you dont order every month they will charge you $29.99 and they charge me twice coz i dont order there site in 2 months i was very upset i dont know that they do that i will cancel my account to them.

katerraj
11/2/14

This is the worse website ever.i ordered a month ago still didn't get my stuff or my money reimbursement.DONT ORDER FROM HERE PLEASE ITS A SCAM

sharong26
10/14/14

Fab Kids is TERRIBLE!!! I was just trying to look at their site but could not get past the part to where you have to enter a childs name and size!! What?? How dare they ask that information with all the stuff that happen today. What business it is of theirs to know the name of the child I'm shopping for? Also I have multiple children that I am shopping for not just ONE! HATE this site and will not ever go back as not worth it. Will tell everyone I know my opinion of this site as well. It's too bad as it looks like they actually have cute things that I would love to buy! SO long Fab Kids. You are TERRIBLE!!!!

tanyab6
10/11/14

Horrible!! My first order was to be $6.95! They charged my card over $70!!! I called they said they fixed it and my money would be back within 24-48 hours!! Then they charged another $6.95!!! Its been 4 days and my money is still not returned!!

annag37
10/9/14

Horrible company to try and cancel. I was on hold for at least 20 minutes. Then because I had a credit which they wouldn't refund, I still can't cancel the stupid account. I haven't been happy with the styles for a while. But I also don't want to lose $30-so I decided to order something, well I have to pay shipping. Worst company EVER!!

mikah10
10/2/14

The one outfit I ordered was nice, but in order to cancel the membership I was waiting for 35 minutes for a 2 minute conversation. They offered extra points and tried convincing me to keep the membership. It was a pointless & time consuming hassle.

lc38
10/1/14

I'm fully aware of the membership requirements as I subscribe to the other Fab stores as well. Why they can't combine them all, I don't know. I called to cancel my membership and was on the phone for 22 minutes between being left on hold and having to answer a series of questions and hear all about why I shouldn't cancel my membership. RIDICULOUS!!!!!

dianat9
9/13/14

I love the clothes and i actully did get my outfit free PEOPLE IT CLEARLY SAYS YOUR COULD SKIP UR MONTH AND IF NOT BE SMART PUT ANY EMPTY CARD AND REMOVE THE 1 YOU MADE THE PAYMENT WITH JUST IN CASE U FORGET.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FabKids staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: So if i sign up for the fabkids and my offer is $10 credit and sale price outfit for $14.95 it says my total is $4.95...will they also charge my card $29.95 then or is that my first months price and they start charging $29.95 the next month?
4/26/15
Answer
johnp181
A: If you don't want to get charge, you can always hit the skip this month and its available between first and the 5th of every month, and your good to go... there has never been an obligation to buy.... loving them so far. :)
5/1/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: how do i cancel my order
5/9/15
Answer
valerier7
A: You have to call them. Nothing else works!! And they WILL give you a hard time be prepared
5/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FabKids staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
FabKids?