US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

melg9

I had an issue, with my first order and called customer service. (in 25 reviews)

alyssak1

The membership entails charging the credit card on account $29.95 in return for an outfit credit. (in 17 reviews)

jenniferm80

I too purchased items from FabKids not fully understanding the guidelines for VIP membership. (in 6 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

angelar53
2/5/16

Yep, I love these clothes and shoes!
I received $120 in rewards and got free shipping! 4 full outfits because I shop every month.
When I wanna skip a month and not be charge the $, I just log onto my account and hit "skip this month" between the 1and 5th of the month. Never charged for that month.
I've been a loyal customer for a good 8 months. Quality of these clothes are amazing. Shoes too! Never any fading and shoes last a long time!

rosemarys8
2/1/16

I just received my statement and saw the charges from Justfab and Fabkids, and thought that's strange, paid that last month and haven't ordered anything else. My credit card company informed me of the reoccurring charges so I immediately called both Justfab and Fabkids and DEMANDED a refund! What a scam, I had no idea and obvioulsy many customers are unaware of automatically be made VIP members. I am getting my account credited. I was not nice about it and I told them I would report them to the Better Business Bureau. Call them and demand a refund for every month you have paid a reoccurring charge without ever knowingly signing up for VIP membership. This is so not right!!!

susiew11
1/6/16

I was put on FABKIDS VIP, without knowing it, I tooordered stuff for my grand daughters in Sept, I have tried to cancel the membership and they told me it was as of last month. Once again they took money off of my credit card this month, now I am replacing my credit card so they can no longer take money from me, and I have 120.00 on a account I will not use, this time I am furious, last time I was pleasant on the phone. Oh and by the way their phone number just gives you junk advertising now and no customer service! BUYER BEWARE

Tip for consumers: Their items are a cheap Walmart type quality that I would never purchase again!

timd44
1/5/16

We got an email out of the blue from these scam artists and decided to order a couple of outfits for our granddaughters. The transaction went fine, they were a little slow on shipping but the items got there correctly and the kids loved them. The problem is that you are automatically signed up for their "VIP" program without realizing it. I went to balance the checkbook at the end of the month and there is $29.95 missing. I saw who it was on the bank statement though so logged into their website to see what was going on. I start reading and find that somehow I have indeed enrolled in this program. I called and the person who answered at first said she could not refund my money. I asked to speak to a supervisor and was actually transferred to someone fairly quickly, probably within a minute. The supervisor who you could tell kept trying to read from a script tried initially to I think say that I had knowingly signed up for it. I stopped her and told her their process was deceptive and the ONLY thing I wanted was a refund and my account cancelled. She went back to her script and I had to stop and tell her this 3 times before she finally agreed. You have to be a little stern with them but she did refund my money. As I titled this, the way they do this has to be illegal or at the least unethical on some level. The clothing was liked by the kids (we are out of state so I haven't actually seen the items) this whole membership thing is very shady. I agree with others on staying away just because of their shady business practices.

melissam105
1/4/16

I want to cancel my membership but am being given the runaround. I have tried phoning (which is the only way they will accept cancellations) and get an error message that all circuits are busy. I have chatted with someone via their website and be assured I will get a call within the day but I am doubtful that that will happen.

Bottom line... Even if the company is reputable, the customer service is appalling.

natashac16
12/26/15

I have no problem with the skip a months. I've actually been able to skip two consecutive months so far without being charged. What I do have a problem with is when I order two pairs of shoes for my daughter, and this is seriously the thing she was most excited about for Christmas, and the first pair that are sent are the wrong size, and the second pair in the same order are two, yes two, right feet. Not a left and a right, two right. Thanks, Justfabkids, for pretty much ruining a seven year olds Christmas. And I'm not exchanging. You're damn right I'm getting my money back and never, ever purchasing from justfabkids again.

amandah63
12/10/15

I can't tell you how many times I've not received their "skip this month" email. Which of course ends with them getting $30 out of my bank account. I'm so sick of them making excuses and bribing me with gifts to keep me from unsubscribing to them. They used to get you until the 10th to cancel, now it's until the 5th apparently. I wasn't aware until today. I'm just SO DONE. Their clothes are crap, NOT WORTH $30 for a shirt and pants. You can get much nicer from other websites that don't require you to remember to click a button every month or you lose $30. Plus it's the same crap every month. Beware, do not buy into their crap!

cs114
11/30/15

And the clothes are poor quality. They keep charging you, even when you cancel and then when you do try and use your credits, they have such a limited size selection, it is ridiculous!
This is a difficult operation to work with, and once they have your credit card, they just keep charging!
Ridiculous!

samantham45
11/29/15

Today I noticed I've been getting charged $29.99 every month since August even though I canceled my account & was told I would no longer be charged. I have emailed them, posted on their Facebook and I am currently disputing the charges with my bank. When I called them today they said I do not have a current account so there is nothing for them to "cancel"

rebeccap48
11/21/15

I was just about to order 2 pairs of boots for my granddaughter, $29.00 monthly subscription pops up. I thought, well I could cancel... better check the reviews. Yep, definitely a scam or rip off at best. Thank you reviewers. You have swved me grief. I hope I have helped someone too!

marykec
11/21/15

No question just need to let everyone know not to order from them. They do not stand behind their product.

brianc96
11/16/15

This company sets the standard for incompetence. My card was fraudulently used here and when calling them to stop payments they told me I didn't have an account and basically didn't know what I was talking about. Changed cards and somehow still get charged still. They sell garbage at garbage prices and have customer service of the same level. Please do yourself a favor and avoid this company at all costs

holliem23
11/13/15

This company is a big scam. They charge your account every month. Please do not let your children or you order from this company. The customer service rep is very difficult to understand. They say it's in the fine print about the recurring charges. Beware of this terrible company. consumer alerts should be told about this horrible practice.

kathyv11
11/10/15

I have "SKIPPED" 3 months so far with out problems finding the skip button. My son and myself have really liked the purchases of long sleeved shirts for the winter for him. We have only had 1 issue with a shirt cut wrong in the arms I and not bothering to return. He will wear it until he can't. They have 1 strike out of 3 but honestly I am almost stocked for the winter months so I may quit them soon until spring or completely.

janetp27
11/10/15

I have been trying to order off the website for 2 days. I finally gave up today. It tells me that my billing address doesn't match my credit card. For 3 diifferent cards??? I order things off the internet a lot because it's more convenient for me, so I know these credit cards work for Amazon and various other websites. I even talked to a representative and she couldn't get it to work either.

joziem
11/9/15

Signed up at the beginning of October and bought a pair of adorable winter shoes for my daughter that were normally $34 for $10! (no shipping) I went with my instinct of what size I thought she would be since she's small for her age, and found i should have gone by their size chart. So I'm in the middle of that exchange with no hiccups so far.
She's been needing some leggings for gymnastics and they had a sale 3 for $20 and when i started adding them to the cart it said 3 for $15 so i was not going to complain. I also got an outfit (lavendar baby doll style lace dress with leggings) and was very impressed with the quality and it fit her rather well. All the leggings are great, a little loose at the knees, i may buy a size down next time to see if i just bought a size too big.
With this order as well i bought a pair of shoes that were on sale for $7 to put my order over $50 for free shipping. The first day she wore them they got scuffed up pretty good (black shoes with star cut outs with stretchy strap over them) she also complained about the strap a lot and when i took them off her they were digging into her skin pretty good. The 2nd time she wore them i tried stretching them out, but it was almost worse then before. I may just cut this off.
When November rolled around I was debating on buying an outfit but decided to skip a few hours before midnight on the 5th... My card never got charged.

elizabethn29
10/31/15

I had a coupon for a free outfit. I picked something but I believe I had to still enter my cc info (POSSIBLY for shipping but this was a while ago so can't be sure)
Got the outfit wasn't impressed but I didn't realize at the time I had signed up for the subscription I thought it was a one time thing because of this free trial coupon

Well anyways about 3 months after I realized I was getting $30 a month taken out of my account... I called customer service who were AWFUL

They said I had to use the credit (which I didn't want because the outfit was cheap) I told them I wanted my money back and how no where did the coupon say I would be billed monthly after getting my trial outfit.
They agreed to give me one month back and send one outfit (so I was still out an additional $30) ONLY of I kept up with the company

Ummm no...they continued to tell me I wouldn't get my money back unless I stayed with the company and pretty much tried to blackmail me with my money... I finally talked to a manager and was told I could get my money back($30) and one outfit regardless (but he was very rude about it) ...eventually I got the $30 back but never did receive the other outfit but after my awful customer service experience I wasn't going to bother

So I got one Walmart quality outfit for $60

briannac10
10/17/15

Called to get better clarification of what the sizes were and why there was no size 13 shoes. They said it goes by age which is understandable but please tell me what the measurements on the size that you suggest for my child's age. They could not offer me an answer and hung up on my face. I spoke to two different people and I believe it is a scam. I don't know if anyone has ever received any real shoes from here but I would not purchase any from this terrible company. It makes no sense how you do not have proper size information and that you decide to hang up when a person asks you hard questions.

mariec47
10/8/15

They charge your credit card monthly for 29.99 at the minute you buy on the website,
Stay away from them,I got refund call my credit card bank,block them with my bank help and change my credit card number too.
Never again,Zulily are way better and honest I buy from them about 6 years already but NO RETURN because come at super deal from different companies.
Make sure you order the right size or item otherwise it's great.

tamekam1
10/8/15

I purchased school shoes for my 8 year old in August and every month since my bank account has been charged without my knowledge. Well this month I received an overdraft fee. Long story short...After speaking with Lee the rep and Kevin the Mgr I was told to "TAKE IT UP WITH Your financial institution"

kimg37
10/6/15

You should be able to cancel , online. All now I'm trying to find the skip the month button. It's like one minute it's there and then it's not

eh50
10/1/15

They are not up front that you need to actually log into your account from the 1-5th each month in order to opt out if that months outfit or be charged $29.95. Who is going to automatically remember that!!?? Then you cant contact them via e-mail or web chat and have to call but get an automated attendant? They make cancelling next to impossible!! Stay away from this company! You can get cuter clothes for cheaper and without being scammed at Target!!

maryg95
9/13/15

I called to cancel for many reason, but main was, when is signed up it asked child shoe size I chose 6 but their sizes only go up to 5. My kids are in n uniforms so the clothes are worthless. Customer service tried to keep me by saying I could use it to get gifts. For 30 I could buy 2 or 3 kids a dress Oldnavy.
The rep hassled me for 5 minutes, talking over me, just badgering me keep on service. Cancelling with them is like it was in the 90s to cancel with AOL. WORST experience ever.
They also charged the wrong card. I bought first order with hm a Discover, realized monthly billing and changed to my Visa the i in do reaccuring bills on like Netflix and Hulu. They still charged my Discover. I changed it again after that, the next month same. They try and tell me my credit card gave updated info...yeah Visa gave Discovers number to bill me.
Someone higher up called and told me it is an somethibg she saw before, if something is not in the cart when you switch card number for billing then it won't change. She saw the other card in the system (which the only way they would have it is if I purchased with it, which i hadn't, or i switch the billing card).

They refuse to refund the card back that i clearly did not authorize to be charged, bexause of their system error, not mine. I honestly think that is bs and they know it, but TN they have to keep their job, i guess.

lauraj39
8/25/15

Before I purchase ANYTHING, especially when it seems to be good to he true I make sure I actually read what I'm signing up for! I understand they will he charging my account if I don't cancel between the 1-5 of the month. Any kind of reoccurring subscription will charge your account and I see so many complaints from people that purchased items with subscriptions and then complain that they couldn't read the print. I saw it and knew what I had to do of I didn't want to get charged! Stop blaming the company because your not reading the details (that aren't that small,)

lonih1
8/20/15

I only gave them 3 stars because I have not received my order yet for 2 pairs of shoes. I suppose the quality is expected to be poor because of how inexpensive it was, but that is there scam. Hidden monthly fee of 30 dollars! Are they high! I read through everything when I made my purchase, nevvvvver did I see this non sense. Luckily I caught it in the tiny fine print in a n email. Sneaky bastards. Thennnnnn. You have to call to cancel ur account. They couldn't make this easy. The representative that you will speak to will non stop kindly harass you till you agree to keep your vips account. Seriously. Took 20 mins of telling this women nooooo to finally get her to cancel it. Just found out my husband ordered something off of there with his email.... dreading that phone call process. What happened to no means no! Pushy pushy pushy. I'll never order from them again, which is their loss, because I have a disgusting addiction to buying my 6 kids clothing online.

laurac93
8/6/15

I ordered my son a couple pairs of shoes with the shoes being way to big not a normal size 3 and to top it off the VIP charge which I was unaware of ..ridiculous

melissaj25
8/6/15

THEY HAVE HIDDEN CHARGES OF 29.95 MONTHLY!!!!!!!!!!

DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

vickil7
8/5/15

My daughter got a gift card for Christmas for $89.95 - I have been trying for 8 months to use it. Finally they were able to locate it, when I went to purchase an item for my 10 year old who is on the taller side, nothing will fit her, not to mention these styles are for 5 years olds. Very babyish. The shoes stop at size 5 and even the leggings which she could wear are all out of her size. This site is a joke for older kids and very expensive if you don't become a VIP. Customer service is not very helpful.

nancyb85
7/15/15

Selection kept declining. When I tried to cancel it took two hours of jumping through hoops. Finally I had to call my credit card company to decline the charge.

kayl297
7/13/15

I ordered two things off this website and then was automatically signed up for a membership I was unaware of upon checking out and now being charged for it!! They did mention the "skipping the month" button and was told that I wasn't going to be charged if I did so, but when I logged into my bank account today I have seen that I was charged and I just spoke with someone about this two days ago. If they are not willing to provide me with my refund I will contact my bank and have them do an investigations and get my money back because I have tried to deal with this matter in a calm and mature way and that obviously doesn't seem to work.

ilkam
7/13/15

I love the quality and the uniqueness of the clothing.... my son looks adorable... my only complaint is that I would like to see more boys styles

aaaa7
7/13/15

I ORDERED THE SHOES 2 FOR $9.95 AND AFTER THAT THEY CHARGED MY ACCOUNT 39.95 THE FOLLOWING MONTH AFTER. I CALLED TO GET MY MONEY BACK AND THEY STATED I HAD TO GO ONLINE AND SKIP A MONTH OR EVERY MONTH THEY WILL CHARGE ME. I HAVE DID SO AND CANCELED MY ACCOUNT AND THEY STILL CHARGE ME! I AM FED UP WITH THIS SITE AND CALLING TO COMPLAIN AND TRY AND GET MY MONEY BACK. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR AND AVOID THIS SITE!!!

kathih4
7/10/15

Good grief! The clothes in general are of mid to marginal quality (a few cute outfits), very limited selection! When you do find something you like,,, NEVER FAILS, they are out of stock on the size I'm looking for! 3 times I've tried to cancel, each time I've been talked into staying on with bribes! I'm so sick of them charging my account after I've called to 'skip a month'! When I do remember to call I'm told to go to the website to skip a month, I tried this, apparently their site was down TWICE! When I called after the fact they refuse to refund me, talk me out if canceling, and told me that I should set an alarm on my phone to remind me to cancel by the 5th of each month! What good does it do when the site is not working, you think you've skipped it and it turns out it didn't go through. If my bank won't stop them from debuting my account I'm going to get a different account number!!! So done with this place!!!!

Tip for consumers: Very tricky!

kathyc52
7/8/15

Didn't know I was signing up for a monthly membership. They didn't make that clear. Terrible.

joyc316
6/30/15

Buying was not a problem. Products were good and fairly reasonable, although I thought their selection was limited. But this is what gripes me - they lead you into a "VIP Membership" for which they charge you $29.95/mo. to get emails and promos, and the only way you can get out of having that $29.95 charge, IS THAT YOU HAVE TO CONTACT THEM AHEAD OF TIME -- it's not mandatory that you get charged, but they will automatically charge you unless you take action first - Kind of like the old Columbia Music Club where they automatically shipped albums to you unless you sent in a card saying you didn't want the monthly selection. for three months straight my card has been charged even though I canceled my membership. However, my daughter also had an account and once used my charge to purchase an outfit for my granddaughter, so her account was also linked to my card. I called 10 days ago, and was told they would make sure both accounts were canceled and refund the $29.95 charge made this month. I called again today and was told the accounts were both closed, but the refund had not ever been processed, so it would be another 5-7 days to get the refund. I sent a message to Customer Service to let them know about the problems I have experienced, including a problem with their customer service reps being unable to transfer to into an automated system they need me to enter information into before they can help me, and the messages all came back with responses that clearly showed they didn't even read my messages -- they kept telling me to call so they could cancel the accounts and refund my money -- even though I told them in all messages going back and forth that I had taken care of all of that over the phone this morning. Very frustrating. Would never recommend this company again.

lesliew16
6/25/15

I signed up for this website from a promotional offer I received. I ordered a dress and leggings for my daughter. Dress lost its color faster than my other toddler clothes and the leggings had holes in them in under 3 months. Poor quality, not worth even their "VIP" price. I knew it was a monthly charge, but so annoying to skip every month. Canceling is a pain as well, they try to convince you stay and sounds like you're talking to their customer service reps in India. Wal-Mart and Target offer better quality and price than FabKids.

beckyw10
6/23/15

I did not know at firatabout the $29 monthly charge, after I found out I called to cancel the membership abut they talked me into staying by telling me about the skip option and gave me 500 points. I ordered my daughter an outfit and 2 pairs of sandals. The outfit was adorable as were the sandals. Bit the sandals literally lasted a month, if that. I forgot to someone month and I called them to cancel. Not Lily did they refund my $29 but they gave me another 500 points. Once you reach 1000 point to you get a free outfit. And I also have a member credit for that (which is good for a free outfit, if I can figure out how to redeem it). Just remember to skip every month or pick an outfit, not hard at all. And DON'T buy the sandals!!

emilym52
6/18/15

Look at their BBB.com rating. better business bureau have gave them a "F". They charge you a monthly fee without your knowledge. Because they have some where in small print saying you are singing up for a VIP member ship and charge you $29.95 every month. When you contact them, they wouldn't refund you back.

donp36
6/17/15

I have ordered a dress from this place. But without any of my knowledge, they somehow singed me up for a VIP membership that charge me $29.95 every month. I didn’t even know about this till I check my credit card statement. When I contacted customer service, they said “Unfortunately, we are unable to process you’re request”. This is bad business and they secretly signed you up for things you don’t even know about.

kristenm16
6/16/15

I agree that the quality of the clothes is sometimes less than I expect for the money, so I buy when they have sales - haven't been disappointed yet with buying clothes for my children from the comfort of my home.

Further, before you make your first purchase, IT SAYS THAT YOU AGREE TO BECOME A VIP unless you choose the other option that states you don't want to be a VIP. It also clearly states what goes into being a VIP, such as a monthly membership unless you cancel or skip month.

I just really don't get all these negative reviews. Do people not take the time to read the NOT fine print? Seriously, it was clear as day before I made the purchase. PLUS, they send a ton of emails reminding you to skip.

daniellem34
6/16/15

I became a member for 1 month to buy my daughter her birthday dress. Everything ordering went smoothly and then next month they charged me $29.95 because I forgot to skip. That was my bad. When I spoke to the lady on the phone to get my money refunded, I also asked her to cancel my membership. Apparently she never did, because not even a week later they charged me AGAIN. I called again and the lady said that I couldn't have my money back and that I never asked for a cancellation of my membership. She basically told me that I was lying. She then had the nerve to try to convince me to stay. So I lost 29.95 and there's a credit on my account I can't use because I cancelled my membership. That is bad business.

jessicah68
6/9/15

OMG !!! YES!! SARAH C. GIRL THEY ATTACKING ME WITH THAT NOW. NOT JUST ONE TIME... BUT TWICE. WHAT PART DO THEY NOT UNDERSTAND! THEN I CAN'T GET MY MONEY BACK ON MY CARD TIL LIKE 2 TO 8 BUSINESS DAYS. BUT, IT TAKES YOU GUYS ONE SECOND TO PUT YAL GREEDY HANDS ON IT. I WILL JUST TELL PEOPLE IF YOU USE THAT CARD TO ORDER WITH THEM. GET A NEW CARD!!! (NEVER AGAIN!)

kerrym32
5/27/15

I purchased a couple of pairs of toddler shoes with a two for one promotion and $10 off "special". The shoes haven't arrived and I suspect they will be just fine when they do. However, because I happened to actually read one of the flurry of e-mails they sent after my order I noticed that I was now a VIP. VIP's get great prices, special discounts, yada, yada, yada. They also are enrolled in a program that bills them $26 dollars every month unless they order something or click a link to refuse. Forget to click and you pay $26 for nothing. I cannot imagine this is a legal business practice but it certainly is at least dishonest. I will research FabKids, their owners, corporate affiliations etc. and stop doing business with any of them.

harleym35
5/26/15

Is to shop and to buy stuff and get my stuff

angelicar1
5/26/15

I called to cancel my membership for the second time and they refused to give me my money back after they charged me in error. I managed to get the woman to give me $30 back. Then asked wasn't there 2 credits charged? She said yes but she could only give me back 1. So I put my husband on the phone who got the rest back-forcefully. What a pain! On top of that I've bought better quality at Walmart. They're so not worth the one time only $15 and especially not $30!

rochellec4
5/13/15

I ordered shoes from this site for my children, they were not true to size. I have been trying for 5 days to quit my membership and each time I call there is either a problem with the phone line or the wait time is over a hour long wait. This is horrible business! I would Not recommend this company to any one! if you do purchase from them DO NOT sign up for the fake VIP membership once on it they will continue to charge your account and not let you quit the membership!

lisethv
5/12/15

This company charge customer without permissions.

taniae
5/11/15

The times I have had to call for a problem or question they have answered it and have been very nice about it

sundaris
4/28/15

I bought my daughter the 2 for $20 shoe deal.1 pair of high top sneakers, and one pair of pink leopard print of ugg style boots.
the sneakers thing to be good quality, however even though they were the same size as the boots they were about a size too big. the boots seems nice but after wearing them for a month the whole sole of the shoe just began coming off. after one month of wearing the boots they were literally coming apart. I would not buy from this company and in again. horrible horrible quality especially for children's clothes

karlyg
4/23/15

Saw a great promotion and ordered a few things. When I received them I was totally disappointed in quality- just figured it was a small loss. Then I realized they were taking money out of my checking account every couple months without my knowledge!! Finally, spoke to a young customer service rep who spent a great deal of time trying to sell me on their VIP member ship. I got my bank involved and luckily got all my money back. Stay away!! Sneaky and unethical.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FabKids staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
12/7/15
Answer
agents2
A: if you sign up for the vip membership, your cc will be charged $29.95 if you dont place an order between the 1st-5th or if you dont select the option to skip the month. that goes on everymonth until you cancel your membership. once you cancel, you wont be charged any further and there will be no need for you to skip but you also lose all of the discounts
2 days ago