US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 189 reviews)

debrae6

I have never found anywhere cheaper and the customer service is excellent. (in 21 reviews)

elizabethb63

We called when our plane landed and within 10 minutes their pick up bus was there to get us. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

maynardk12
4/24/15

This is the fourth time I have used auto Europe for my car rentals on England and I have never had any problems.

std
4/24/15

This company does not think about customer care or encouraging repeat business. I just wish I had taken he time to check out the reviews first. Avoid this company at all costs, always check out the company reviews and make sure they are registered in every country of operation. The one star reviews speak for themselves, not a company one would wish to deal with more than once.

natalier8
4/17/15

Awesome service! Painless! It was very fast and quick and the cheapest rate :-) Thank You! Will highly recommend to all friends and relatives!

kanej1
4/17/15

This company has no ethical business values. They full charged my debit card and not provided me rental car. I contacted them several times and they are refusing to give me a refund. They charged me for services they haven't provided, this company is total scam.

lynnk26
4/16/15

This website deliberately confuses the consumer with another site called economybooking.com. Note that I will never make the mistake again of mixing up these two businesses. Economy Bookings gives you a total cost for car rental, and then does not live up to that agreement. I called their customer service line and was told to look at the first page, not the second page, where the total cost was listed. Even if you read carefully you will not be able to figure out what the total cost will be, because total doesn't mean total. The fact that their name is one 's' different from a legitimate company only confirms in my mind their intent to deceive the consumer.

nassera2
4/13/15

6 hours after booking I received an e-mail from "confirmations@bookinggroup.com" notifying me that my reservation was cancelled, without stating a specific reason. When calling their office, they informed me that my reservation was cancelled because they ran out of cars at that location. However, they offered me for $20 MORE another car that is 4 classes LOWER than what I originally reserved! I sent an e-mail requesting them to find a solution since it is now one day later in California (apparently they're located in Latvia) and other rates have gone up already. I received this response "I see this booking is cancelled. Of course no charges for that." I received no further response to my subsequent e-mail.

rachele16
4/7/15

Thanks again folks. This is the 4th hire from Economybookings in Auckland and we will always keep selecting your company.

harrym55
4/3/15

I never received so much attention and was never attended so perfectly. Brand new cars very well maintained at prices much lower than I expected. For sure, Economybookings is several miles ahead in the rental market.

kerrym31
4/3/15

I have been a satisfied Economybookings customer for years and years. I have rented vans for vacations, little cars that are good on gas to go back and forth to work, and even a red convertible Mustang for a ride down the shore for my birthday. Alex has always been able to get me what I want at a price I can afford. Gregar and Alen always make it so easy and I am in and out of the dealership in minutes.

trishg1
4/2/15

I have rented a car in Orlando for 2 weeks in April with this company, which I find out after booking, is located in Europe. I was quoted in U.S. dollars and at no time was informed that there would be a Euro currency conversion fee charged to my credit card!! I even talked to someone on the phone to confirm the price quoted in U.S. funds before paying. When I contacted the company requesting a refund of the Euro currency conversion fee, they flatly refused. I would think that, if nothing else, a "good will" gesture to a customer would be worth $6.60. For me, it was not so much the amount of the fee as it was about the misleading information or lack of information that took place during my booking.

I would cancel my reservation; however, I suspect that there would be yet another Euro conversion fee to have my money refunded to my credit card!!

A Disappointed Canadian

antoinetten
3/28/15

About an hour after making an online booking for a vehicle with Economybookings, I tried to cancel the booking. I was alarmed when there was no cancellation option on the web page so I called the U.S. contact number. The agent "Carl" was very sarcastic and was somehow able to see from his computer that I had made another booking with another online company for a different car. This further alarmed me and I could only surmise that Economybookings either has spyware and Carl was able to remotely access my computer. I'm also fearful that I have set myself up for identity theft. Stay away from their "Best Prices" deals! It's not worth the anxiety!

Tip for consumers: Stay Away!

jenniferm110
3/27/15

Your web site and system is the best, it allows proper filtering, you pay only when you pick up the vehicle, and you send a confirmation from the company you rent from which I verified and made me confident that the reservation went through. Thank you, I will use your site again.

coreyt6
3/27/15

Economy was great.. You are shuttled back to airport in car renting.. Economybookings is my favorite place to rent from.

adamm81
3/19/15

We hired a car through yourselves at Easter this year for a couple of days. We thought that the service was excellent and car that we hired was in excellent condition.

kaylal5
3/17/15

I paid a $27 deposit. I called for pickup at the aiport and was told to take a bus to airport parking. I figured I was getting what I paid for. The driver who picked me up was very friendly. He took me to the nondescript building and a man met us outside and said they had rented all of their cars but he had made a reservation with Firefly for the same price. He was so friendly that I accepted it. I was dropped off at Firefly car rental and there was a reservation under my name, but it was about $100 more. Firefly said it happens all the time. I called EconomyBookings and they wouldn't answer. I disputed the $27 charge on my credit card and I will report this business. They're total scammers!!

monicam28
3/5/15

I will definitely return and will recommend your company to all my friends.Thank you so much for the excellent service!

sonjao1
3/4/15

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. I tried to ask for clarifications to Economybookings Client Service, but they do not answer calls at Saturdays. I took a contact later, and then everything went very slowly: 4 - 5 weeks waiting for answer from EconomyBooking, then they have to investigate the case, and new 6 weeks waiting. And the result - Company says that those extra costs are my additional options I have chosen myselv, and they have no response for it. They have never answered my later letters, where I sent proofs that that was hidden costs.

alvinb28
3/2/15

Thanks again for another great rental.
May I say that I was very impressed with the quality of the car that you hired me during Christmas / new year.

melvab1
3/2/15

Have to say we had a car from you last week and as usual your service was absolutely perfect. Many thanks for providing such a seamless service. I have wasted no time recommending you to all our friends.

frankj26
2/24/15

I will say that the staff at the return location were excellent, they did an excellent job and were very welcoming and friendly.

bryantm21
2/24/15

I have never been disappointed so far. I will only rent from Economy bookings. I will also refer my friends wishing to rent a vehicle.

blainek2
2/20/15

We have used Economy bookings for many years and would always recommend them for easy, hassle free car hire.

jodyf5
2/20/15

Have used Economy bookings's over 30 times during the last 6 years - never let us down, first class service with easy access to and from the Airport - keep it up!

richardf43
2/20/15

Over 15 hires now plus another 10 to guests staying at our villa without a single problem in collection or delivery. Simple process without all the usual airport hire desk hassle. A real pleasure to do business with!

jillm34
2/20/15

I am very pleased with Economy bookings's service and I found all its member staff very pleasant on each of my visits to their office.

keithb57
2/14/15

Booked car for two weeks in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Car reps show up 1 1/2 hours late for meet and greet at airport after multiple calls Takes us to dark parking lot to do paper work.Does not have office booth at airport. Credit card machine does not work and tries to get cash deposit. Car has 167000 K on it. Piece of junk. Car has almost totally empty gas tank. No maps no information. 1:30 AM we have to look for gas in Sri Lanka in the dark and our hotel. 2:30 in morning arrive at hotel.
DO NOT USE ECONOMY BOOKINGS. COM. THEY WORK WITH THIRD RATE VENDORS.
Economy bookings email site does not work either.
It is not worth the small savings advertised.

Tip for consumers: Realize if there is any savings that it will cost you more in the long run.

claudeh23
2/9/15

We rented prepaid small SUV for Cancun airport in December 2014 with this company. The booking voucher very clearly stated that third party liability insurance (mandatory in Mexico) was included in the prepaid rate, as were local taxes. When we arrived, at the desk of Fox Rentacar, they insisted that the rate we had paid did not include third party insurance, nor VAT nor airport taxes and charged us an extra $700 CDN. They said that Economy Bookings had misled us. When we complained to economy bookings, they contacted Fox, who told them that we were charged extra insurance to avoid leaving a US$100,000 deposit (yes, one hundred thousand US dollars) for our Hyundai I35 (hardly a luxury vehicle). Of course, Fox never asked for such a huge deposit, but the standard US$1200 deposit which was refunded at the end. We have rented cars several times in Mexico but never been ripped off so brazenly. First and last time we will rent with Economy Bookings.com.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Economy bookings.com

guylainet
2/8/15

Worst experience ever. We prepaid a reservation at the end of September for a car rental on December 26, 2014 for LA Airport. The booking was with FligtCar. Once we got to the airport, there was no car available for us. They only said that they were sorry and that there was some overbooking. You heard me well! After 6 hours on the phone and trying to reserve with another company, we realized that there was no car available with any car rental for that evening. We decided to sleep close to LAX. The cost : $150 that we had to pay. Furthermore, when we were able to reserve with another company, it cost us $50 more than the car we had already prepaid. It has been over 6 weeks now that we wrote to ECONOMYBOOKING to get refunded but no one has even dare to get back to us as of today. We are still waiting for the prepaid cost at the amount of $231 besides the colateral costs (hotel and extra fees for the other car). We travel 5 week every year and let me tell you that we will NEVER RESERVE THROUGH ECONOMYBOOKING. How can they be associated with a company such as FlightCar????? Take my advise : next time you need a car reservation, reserve directly with the car rental company. You will be sure to have the best service.

markg99
2/8/15

I had instant service, providing me with a great and clean car, making my vacation transport easy, hassle free. Thank you for such a great service. If you plan to go with them, expect a very positive experience.

bricea5
2/6/15

What a great experience, best rate, great little car. Economybookings did all the work ... except do the driving!!!

joshuab67
2/6/15

Everything was easy, location, vehicle given, and the value for the money payed was superb!!! Will use this service again!!!

elizabethb63
2/6/15

We hired a Toyota Camry from Orlando in Miami. We called when our plane landed and within 10 minutes their pick up bus was there to get us. Paperwork process back at their depot was a breeze, and the helpful and friendly staff talked us through the best options for a toll pass.
Car was clean and ready to go ... it also great, and with no mechanical hassles!

michaeld115
2/6/15

This was an easy pleasant experience. The computer web site was easy to follow with no complications. The Economy bookings staff were fantastic and I would certainly use them again. Perhaps one criticism may be that the website doesn't seem to indicate the hire company until you accept the quote. I would like to use Economy bookings again in the future.

kathrync9
2/6/15

We had a good trip and much of it was due to our experience with a friendly staff and honest advise about the cars, the trip driving in a foreign country... Everything! We'll use Economybookingsevery time from now on.

tiffanys28

Rental in Spain
Picked up Nissan Qashqai at the airport of Alicante, the car was upgraded and even bigger than I expected. It was easy to drive and very comfortable. I was informed in advance by economy bookings.com staff on what to do on-site and warned that I need to return the car with a full tank but the nearest fuel station was situated rather far away from the drop off point. For the rest, I am quite satisfied with my renal in Spain.

rhondad2
2/4/15

Rented a car through economy bookings.com and had an issue with my refund so I actively communicated with their support team by email, I always got quick responses, they completely understood my request and did they best to fulfill it as soon as possible. As a result, I got my refund in full and I was very impressed by their quality of service. They will certainly get my recommendations.

albertm53
2/4/15

Booking the car was easy. Collection staff very helpful. Locating the car in the car park was even better.The Opel Astra was immaculate,comfortable and suited all our needs for a week-end in Essen. I would certainly use this company again.

irinip
1/29/15

The worst experience we have ever had. We booked though them because they were the only ones that gave us the option to pick up the car from the city centre ended up paying 70 euros to get to the airport and 60 euros at international calls to get a car 6 hours later. Ruined our plans. Sent an e-mail of complain asking for a compensation regarding the costs of taxi and calls for something that was totally their mistake(the office at the centre was closed on Sundays did not know it and kept insisting it was open!). Never got any reply re-sent the e-mail and never heard from them. Did not even apologise.

peedo
1/29/15

I have been scammed by www.economybookings.com as well, charged double the quoted price, unable after 3 months and counting to get my deposit back, a complete con, and my one regret is that I didn't read all the legitimate reviews on here first (i.e. every single one of you poor individuals like me that gave the one star). My one crumb of comfort is that the 5 star ratings on here are so obviously fraudulent it's actually quite amusing .. posts from standard English names within the UK but they write in broken English?!? www.economybookings.com can't even get a fake review right!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE WWW.ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM UNLESS YOU ENJOY PAYING MORE THAN YOU EXPECTED AND NEVER SEEING YOUR DEPOSIT AGAIN

angelaj13
1/28/15

rayp20
1/23/15

Do not go thru them unless you want to lose money. They charged me up front where other companies do not. I was charged a foreign exchange fee by my credit card company because their office is in Latvia, Europe. I had to cancel my car rental a month and a half before the rental date and they charged $35.00 for a cancellation fee. It also took them about 2 months to refund my payment. I will never deal with them ever again! Don't be foolish! Go thru Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com or any of the other U.S. companies.

julianat1
1/19/15

This was the first time that I have used economybookings. The service was outstanding, as I booked my car hire at short notice, but everything was completed in good time and my car was waiting for me on arrival at the airport in the USA.
The affiliate staff in the USA were extremely polite, attentive and professional and took the time to explain things such as the Toll road system in Texas, and also the insurance and fuel policies
The real bonus was the price. Approximately half what I paid going direct to another car hire company.
I travel abroad very regularly, and now Atlaschoice will be my "go to" company for car hire

mazorx
1/10/15

HORRIBLE. CLICKED TO RENT AND PRICE WENT UP BY $200. WANTED CAR FOR NEXT DAY AND THEIR AUTO RESPONSE WAS WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH CAR TYPE IN 2-10 DAYS. THEY FOUGHT ME TOOTH AND NAIL TO CANCEL, SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND PUT A VENDOR LOCK ON THEM.

TOTAL CROOKS

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY. 5 STAR REVIEWS R FROM THEMSELVES.

danutas
1/8/15

the worst company I have ever rented a car,on the picture show much bigger car,then in Tampa they charge us extra for shuttle from airport to rental location $ 44,00 also they added some more charges in the and we have paid much more for rental from FOX then my son who rented the car from ALAMO -picked up from airport,got bigger car and no hidden fee,do not rent from FOX

Tip for consumers: do not rent from this side better use other like costco,better car no hidden charges and cheaper rental,Alamo give you same or better price and pick up from the airport ,

balazsf
1/7/15

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I had a horrible experience with this company in Dec 2011, I actually had to SUE them in Latvia (which is their home country) to get some compensation, which (even though I won the case in the end) did not even come close to the loss I had to sustain..
I am actually amazed that they are still in business.. but anyway, just know that if there is any problem, these guys will play every trick in the book, from not getting back to you at all after you make a complaint up to and including hiring lawyers to fight your completely legitimate claims in court..

AGAIN: STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

annabelb1
12/19/14

Worst booking site I've ever used - not even sure if this is a legitimate company. I rented a car through economy booking when I was on holidays in France and I ended up being charged hundreds of dollars extra for mileage for being a 'french resident' when they do not ask for an address - once something has gone wrong it is IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THEM!!!! THEY ONLY ACCEPT CALLS FOR NEW RENTALS BUT REFUSE TO TAKE ANY CALLS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPLAINTS!!! Do not use this company they are a joke.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!

rodae
12/17/14

I have use Economybookings a couple of times and have always been very happy with the service. I am travelling to Upington again next October and will be using economybookings again. Thanks for a great service.

ud37
12/17/14

Worst car renting experience ever, they don't tell you until after the booking that it doesn't include all the taxes and fees in the quoted price, which you don't notice in the fine print below the big font quote "total price due" after they've nicked you for their share ($50 in my case), then the scam renter (in my case Fox Las Vegas) gives you a bill for more than twice the amount you think you're going to pay and double talks you into believing that ultimately you will pay the economybookings.com price, then after telling you they are going to put a "hold charge" in the amount of the economybookings price on you discover they actually process a transaction for that full amount that is over double the price you expected to pay, then you have to dispute the charge and spend time and effort explaining it, then the car is a piece of crap that breaks down on you and almost gets you killed on I-215, and I'm still fighting this, bottom line if you want piece of mind and a good renting experience and not risk your life DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!

barm
12/13/14

F**k you economybookings

A big thanks to all who have posted their 1 star comments on here thus allowing me to avoid a similar tragic experience. I'm sorry to all who who got ripped-off by these unscrupulous ba$tards.

Any review higher than 1 star was purchased - have you noticed that the stars are 1 or 5 and barely nothing in between?
***************************
Yesterday, December 12th, I booked with economybookings for a Ft. lauderdale car rental through a reputable carrier. Immediately an internet confirmation came thru for $568 and not the $324 I agreed to (called 'Refundable Excess'). Immediately I called their number, nearly 30 minutes on hold, to clear this up. They said they would take care of this, I commented on his good English and asked 'where are you located?', 'Latvia' was his response......I then requested that the send me a new confirmation before processing my charge - I was suspicious.
I immediately looked up this company on the internet and saw this and a couple of other sites all warning what a scam this booking service is. I then called MasterCard and the charge hadn't been processed yet - I told them to block it and MasterCard said that there is the possibility that they would sell my credit card info....BOOM! - cancelled the card right there.

An hour later I rcv'd this email from economybookings:

We’d like to inform you that we were unable to process payment via credit card number provided for your car reservation.
Possible reasons:
- Wrong credit card expiration date

You can change your payment information by entering your order number on Economybookings.com. Please select “MY ORDER” in the upper right corner.
Enter your reference number ********** and your e-mail address to login.

You may also provide the correct credit card details for your rental confirmation by contacting our call center or by e-mail reservations@bookinggroup.com
- Credit card blocked by Bank or customer
Please contact your bank, maybe your bank blocks transfers for some European countries.
************************************

josev17
12/13/14

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. I asked for clarifications to Economybookings Client Service, and they supported me very quickly.
Very good service, considering that it's a web company.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi
I am in Italy and i want to rent a car for 9 days. I have a doubt because i'm 23 years old, and the others rent car companies requires a pay extra for the age. We must pay this money with you? thanks for all
4/15/13
Add your answer
Q: Does anyone think it reasonable for this company to delay paying a refund for up to 45 days and rely on the fact that they do not need to abide with regulation and code of conduct present in other EU states. To refer customers to their terms on conditions alone and offer nothing further is morally wrong and not good business, does anyone have a view on this?
2 days ago
garyg32
A: In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.
2 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
EconomyBookings?
Click here to post a review