US Government's NSF

support@bookinggroup.com

175 Reviews for EconomyBookings

Review Highlights

viktork

I booked a car with them and everything seemed well at the moment.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

dazb
9/29/14

As a web-based business owner - Do Not Use These Scammers.

This is the kind of company you are dealing with:

I bought car hire from EconomyBookings.Com - aka bookinggroup.com. The policy I bought, stated online, it included damage collision waiver and personal insurance. AKA - it had green tick boxes stating insurance was included.

After buying, I queried the status with the underlying car hire company (economybooking.com just book with a local car hire company) - they stated there was a non-optional additional daily charge for insurance! This made the car hire substantially more expensive on the whole (50%).

As I wasn't made aware of this up-front, I asked for a refund. This all happened within 2 days of booking my car hire. ie. I booked, and asked for a refund, within 48 hours.

I was told the fee charged by economybookings.com would NOT be refunded. I thought, this is clearly a mistake, and queried. 10 emails later, and they still won't refund my initial charge.

This is not a company you want to deal with. They will incorrectly sell you car hire, then simply point to their terms and conditions. They operate outside the law, and will simply ignore all complaints - I am now taking this up with my credit card company and I urge all other customers to do the same.

Again, DO NOT USE this company!

Tip for consumers: AVOID them at all costs.

pimj4
9/22/14

Beware of extra costs, the voucher price is NOT the price you actually pay. Customer support is near to non existent. Mails get a reply but only in general terms. The terms you agree to when you book mean nothing when a dispute arises, suddenly only the general terms apply...

Would I use their services again? Big NO.

caroll25
9/20/14

We rented a car via Economy Booking, picked up last night from Zoom rental, which is an offsite car rental company in Toronto International airport.

This is the first time we rent through Economy Booking and with Zoom. The reason for choosing this offsite company is because of competitive rates quoted through Economy Booking, and the rate quoted is inclusive of basic collision damage waiver and theft insurance.

We were shocked and disappointed that when we picked up the car from Zoom's counter, we were told that no way the rates would include the insurance stated above, After referring to the booking confirmation from Economy Booking, I noticed that there was no mentioned of the insurance being inclusive in rental. It however states that "if you subscribe to an additional sUper CDW package, it will be at your own cost...".

I believe Economy Booking purposely and intentionally omit basic insurance being inclusive in the rental from the booking confirmation.

Since we arrived on a late evening flight, by the time we arrived at the rental site it was close to their end of business. Since they are located off site, there was no other car rental company in the vicinity which we can rent from. In the end, we were no choice but had to pay an additional CAD 16.99 +tax per day for basic insurance, which was more than the rental cost Economy Bookings quoted.

I will never rent from Economy Booking again, and will not recommend it to anyone else.

I should also state that the service provided by Zoom was fine. Our complain and dissatisfaction are towards Economy Bookings.

Sent from my iPad

renaton2
9/19/14

Economybookings.com's name is bookinggroup, my suggestion is to check if this is the company even if the name is different.
It is a big mess and a huge trap. Worst service of all. I paid the entire rental and later I had to add one more day. They would charge almost the price of a week to add one more day. I requested to leave that way. So they automatically charged more 77 usd (the original period, without the extra day). They explained me that those were taxes, not included before, but now included. They just decided to add the taxes. So I canceled the entire reservation, as I could cancel up to 72 hours in advance. They charged me more 33 dolars.
Some more facts about them: To receive an email reply from them you have to send more than 5 emails. To have the refund it takes 30 business days. Their prices are the highest in the market although they have good options at unknown rental companies that if you do a research are cheaper at their own website - besides these cheaper companies don't have airport counters.

Tip for consumers: Book at economycarhire.com and NEVER at bookinggroup.com

timurk1
9/1/14

I booked with these guys a car at August 2014. They took me 100% of rent cost as prepayment. When I tried to pickup the car at the airport there was no car at all. I reached their support guys by phone by they did not even say "Sorry" They did not care that took my money and did not provide any service they just did not even care. I had to spend several hours at the airport trying to find the car and finally payed 3 times more for the car than expected from at the local company. At the moment I'm still trying to receive my money back from them.

Tip for consumers: Do not deal with these guys. They will take your money for nothing.

cathyc28
8/28/14

After they asked for my drivers info 3 x and in the end could not verify for my state, I cancelled.
I have called 3x to ask for my refund and have not had a response. I will have to call the bank and have the charges reversed. Meanwhile I set up a car rental for approx the same price directly with a long time reputable rental service. Wish I had read the reviews first

Tip for consumers: Go directly to the car rental service and ask them to match the price.

evei
8/25/14

Avoid using Econonmy Bookings. It's just a directory.
We paid 40 euros online thinking we were securing a car with Budget.ie.Truth is, we paid a brocker that redirects your search of a rental towards the different companies offering their services. Next time I need a car, I'll go straight to the usual companies websites.
No problems with Budget.ie. Staff was helpul and professional.

Tip for consumers: Compare the vehicles and prices, but then book your car straight with the car rental Cie. Not via Economy Bookings.

johnl167
8/24/14

To everyone thinking of booking via EconomyBookings.com, I would advise you to read my story before sending money their way:

I first wrote to Kristina (support@bookinggroup.com) from Economybookings.com on 3 May 2014 after a trip to Italy. Today, the date is 25 August 2014. She has constantly told me that investigation is still pending, but 115 days later I am still in the dark as to what went wrong with my booking. To add insult to injury, I have been charged an extra EUR 137 from Europcar Roma.

--------

RE: Europcar reservation numbers #987175432 & #983674274

We would like to file a complaint and a refund request of EUR 114.00 – see below and attached:

WE DID NOT GET THE CARS WE ORDERED

On 15 April 2014, we reserved two Fiat 500L 1.3 (or similar) vehicles online (one for each reservation number), 5 days before our pick-up on 20 April 2014. We had initially reserved two Fiat Panda 1.2 (or similar) vehicles online on 23 February 2014 but subsequently amended both bookings to the Fiat 500L 1.3 (or similar) because the Fiat Panda was way too small for our requirements.

On 20 April 2014, upon arrival at Europcar Rome Termini Train Station at 12pm, your employee Mr Paolo told us that the system had completely disregarded our Fiat 500L 1.3 booking amendment. In addition, Paolo said that there were only Fiat Panda cars available at the carpark, and if we wanted a larger category, we would have to bear a materially increased cost.

This caused us immense inconvenience, as we had to squeeze SIX adults and SIX 100-Liter hardcase luggages in two tiny Fiat Panda cars for 3 days. This would not have happened if we had received two Fiat 500L as per our order.

WE WERE CHARGED TWO GPS SYSTEMS BUT ONLY RECEIVED ONE

Our bookings clearly included TWO GPS Navigational systems (one for each car), which we had prepaid online, but upon pick-up, Paolo told us that our bookings only entitled us to only one GPS and that if we were to request for a second GPS, it would cost an extra EUR 30.

Paolo coldly told us to make do with one GPS, as he assumed we were going to be travelling together, which was a wrong assumption. We frequently split routes and one car could only rely on Google Maps on iPad to navigate, which was ridiculous, as we had paid for a GPS. Again, this clearly would not have happened if we had received TWO GPS navigational systems as per our order.

WE WERE OVERCHARGED

We have been charged a total of EUR 210 per car for use of each Fiat Pandas. According to our rate details sheet, a car with GPS costs EUR 168.29.

As you can see, we were overcharged by EUR 42 per car (overcharged by 25%) excluding the GPS overcharge for 1 car.

We insist that we are refunded the following amounts to the respective credit cards:

Res No. 983674274: EUR 42 refund

Res No. 987175432: EUR 72 refund (including GPS which we did not receive but paid for)

It would be useful if you could reply a response to us by next week (9 May).

eevak
8/22/14

The worst experience ever at Toronto "airport". People, do no use this company!! We had to pay double the price we agreed on. The lady at the counter made all these unnessecery addons to our resevation and told us that she is not going to rent the car, if we do not pay for the extras. At that point we really needed the car and made a claim afterwards. Still no answer from the booking group. Then again, what can you expect, this company is based in Latvia..

Tip for consumers: Stay away from this company!!!

sams154
8/21/14

Don't use EconomyBookings!

Not honest, wicked business model, and not actually pay part of customer's deposit money to reserve your car from Rental Companies!!

I flew with my family from Asia to London, a few days then train Biarritz France. Booked my car in June for my family with kids arrival on 12 August at France. Everything confirmed, paid over 130 Euros as reservation for my car for five days.

Then I was scared reading many poor reviews about the company. I managed to call long distance to their England office phone no., and got the phone no. of Citer/Enterprise car rental company at Train Station at Biarritz France, and called. Both confirmed that I would get my car.

The overnight train through Paris to Biarritz was very late (recently many late trains in France partly due to people stealing cables). And due to my poor French and other reasons my family missed the station. We managed to go back to Biarritz train station Citer/Enterprise, more than three hours late than the appointed time. The lady in Citer/Enterprise told me that because I did not call them within two hours of the appointed time, the car was rented to others. And no more car available that day, even from airport.....so my whole family, without knowing French, was stuck there under much stress already and forthcoming, the first day of our planned pleasure trip in France!

Nothing was stated about "late hour MUST CALL or NO Car available" in the Terms nor on the most important Summary sent to me which I was told to bring along in my trip. Citer/Enterprise told me that EconomyBookings did not give them any penny for reserving cars and it is legitimate for them to rent it out!

Tip for consumers: Don't use EconomyBookings! Not honest, wicked busines model, and not actually pay part of customer's deposit money to reserve your car from Rental Companies!!

erikh18
7/13/14

Avoid this company!! They promised a rental car from a "top tier" rental firm at Heathrow, and when we received our booking confirmation, it was with a 2nd-rate company that was off-site and for which you have to pay for a bus to get there. When we immediately asked them to cancel, based on the false information provided, they canceled the reservation, but kept our £14 deposit. Don't ever use them!

roc414
6/24/14

absolutely not honest. I booked a car for 315 euros and they converted one day after, automatically, the price to 460 euros because they had not anymore my car, WHITHOUT SAY ME ANYTHING!! if I would not notice this operation (and I done this after read on various forum about this company..), I would had a worst surprise at desk rent car. First and last time I use your service, I will report this site on many trip forum's

randyb30
6/12/14

made a reservation, they listed several car companies and when they confirmed I had a reservation they did not even list the name of a car company to pick up the car at... that made me suspicious. Tried to call .... the phone number they list is unreachable. Tried to click on the cancel.. they say you can cancel but upon clicking on cancel nothing happened. this company is a big fraud. The company listed the price in Dollars but charged rate in Euros...

paulh94
6/4/14

Thieves. Not only do they not respond but they are liars, luckily my credit card took big steps and blocked the FIVE payments they were trying to withdraw . They ARE BASED IN LATVIA, The credit card company said they are suspicious and trying to build up and small reputation so as to trick others, but the main thing is they have YOUR credit card details in LATVIA. DO NOT USE. They quoted me $523 then tried to take another $2455 in "extras" .Srptick to the main companies in safe countries.

marilynm13
5/29/14

uitstekende service. Hebben gevonden de dienst gebruiksvriendelijk, en toen was er een fout van mijn kant ze aan mijn e-mail antwoordde telefonisch geruststellend me dat alles ok was en ze beantwoordde alle vragen die ik had in een zeer vriendelijke en satisfactoy manier. Gebruik gemaakt van deze dienst in het verleden en zal ze zeker gebruiken in de toekomst.

anthonyh41
5/28/14

J'étais un peu nerveux, parce que j'avais toujours traité seulement avec les marques nationales bien connues. Toutefois, l'écart de prix était telle que nous avons décidé de prendre le risque et faire un essai. Il s'est avéré être l'une des meilleures expériences de location que j'ai eu.

martinh50
5/28/14

Très bon service, réservé pour les trois dernières années et sans faille
Je recommande vivement Economybookings pour ceux qui réservent une location de voiture

leratow
5/27/14

BIGGEST FRAUDSTERS!!!. My car had gone in for repairs and I could not get a courtesy car from my insurance so I decided to rent a car for the 6 days that my car would be in for repairs. Literally minutes after transacting with economybookings.com, I got a call from my insurance to say they would offer me a rental for the time in which I did not have a car. I tried to cancel the transaction and to my horror I was being charged a ridiculous cancellation fee. Should there not be some rule that cancellations made on the same day as the reservation or within 48hrs should not be charged? I do wish I would have read the reviews before giving my credit card details away. My wish is to save someone else, DO NOT USE ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM. There is nothing economical about them

donnal32
5/27/14

very impressed!!! I'm a regular customer and have rented cars from various locations in Europe. I'm always happy with the service so always come back.

lisab89
5/26/14

Excellent service, Excelent service from all members of staff, and website easy to use. Vehicles are very clean and tidy.

denniss59

Very disappointing...
When I picked up the car at Seville Airport, I was confronted with another €40 for out of office hours payment and another €40 for return location (Malaga) being different then pick up.
Both these details (pickup time and return location) had been filled in at their site to get a qoute, but only after having made the payment in the confirmation details, somewhere between the lines they start to speak about these extra cost.

tomm829
5/26/14

quick, easy and always a good car. It is easy to rent a car. You can book online, you know immediately if the car of your choice is available. The price is right, no surprises, no extra’s if you don’t want or need them. No fuss at delivery nor at the returning of the car. Just good.

tammyt9
5/26/14

Bom serviço e conselhos para não hesitou em voltar! Recebi bons conselhos e dicas no momento da reserva, que eu não tinha tido no momento da reserva de aluguer de automóveis, no passado, de outras empresas. A pessoa com quem falei foi muito bom e eu não hesite em contactar novamente quando houver a necessidade de um carro de aluguer. Muito feliz com o serviço até agora - espero que tudo vai correr bem, no outro extremo, quando eu pegar o carro.

angelau1
5/25/14

Book Online for Fast Reliable car hire
Setup an online account to enable a quick and hassle free car pickup at your arrival airport or destination.

josephp33
5/23/14

Reliable and Good Communicators

Have been using them for years, good reliable service and excellent for calling back, also competitive

ashleym61
5/23/14

First Class service and very easy to book

This was the easiest car hire company that we have booked a car through the service first class 10 out of 10

bethb13
5/22/14

Great company, great car, great holiday!

Great experience, lovely car. Will definitely use this company again for future visits!

juanah
5/22/14

Back again for another car......

I've used this service before to hire a car, some of the best rates and very clear about what is included and what's not, which is not always the case on some sites. Very easy, quick and trouble free booking.

alexv13
5/21/14

I allways book with economybookings because when I collect I get no hassel because of the easy to use booking procedure I have everything that I want and need .
Also the price I pay cannot be beaten

leonardod8
5/18/14

****BE VERY VERY CAREFUL*** This company offered a very good and attractive rate, once I made the reservation they change the car model and size which I booked, because the vahicle was too small for my family group, they offered the original size of vehicle for a double of price, then I decided to cancel the booking and they charged me $34 as "cancellation fee". In no where they mentioned any cancellation fee, unless we read "terms" in the small letter contract. I rented many times vehicles whiout this kind of tricky ways.
***THEY ARE SCAMER***

kathleens7
5/17/14

Brilliant site for car hire. Been using it for many years and always gets me the best value for money hire cars around the World!
Highly recommended :)

joank10
5/17/14

davvero utile, Ho avuto un numero di query e sempre ricevuto una risposta rapida da un membro esperto e cordiale del personale - sempre entro un giorno

alisonb12
5/17/14

Réservation facile ... J'étais inquiet de la réservation en ligne, mais il était si facile que je chercherais à utiliser cette société la prochaine fois que nous voulons une voiture de location.

robertw93
5/16/14

Excellent every time, I've used this website lots of times and no matter wherever else I look for a better price economybookings always offers the best deal.

estherm19
5/16/14

Good company to deal with, I have used this company for the last few years and always find them to be very helpful

johnl152
5/16/14

A good service was offered which was speedy and efficient whilst friendly & professional, No complaints, everything was dealt with appropriately and the staff remained friendly and professional.

pamelas21
5/16/14

Trouble free car hire, Straightforward booking and good prices. All the main car hire desks at Heathrow together and good links to car hire depot . Everything entirely simple!

maryl91
5/16/14

Easy, well priced car hire.

I have used economybookings several times over the years, for car rental all over UK. I always get a great rate, having compared with the various companies and other car rental price comparison sites. I have never had any problems with car rental using economybookings and highly recommend them.

antonioc29
5/16/14

I used this company last year and everything was seamless.
When booking again for next year the help and advice I was given was excellent.

michellew37
5/15/14

I was a little skeptical the first time I booked via economybookings.com, but soon all my misgivings were cleared away with awesome service. My e-mails were replied with near "chat-like" speed, and received my reservation vouchers within 2 days of online booking. Simply an awesome service... they more than exceeded my expectations!

myrtleh15
5/15/14

Number one in current all over the world.

Nice site. Everything is very clear, good overview and Always assistance when you need some.
Very cheap pricing all over the globe.
If i ever need another car, this will be the first website to look for one.

debrae6
5/15/14

Easy, reliable and cost effective service.

Have used economy bookings on many previous trips. I have never found anywhere cheaper and the customer service is excellent. The website is well informed choices to ensure that you get exactly what you need.

joanh21

Awesome experience!

Economybookings.com has not yet let us down and we use them every time we travel. Great Value and no false promises! Definitely highly recommended.

louisec28
5/15/14

Easy and stress free - from start to finish

This is the second vehicle I've had on lease from this company. They are superb, very professional.
I told them my requirements and they sourced the best deal for me.
Highly recommended to anyone.

jeanj13
5/15/14

You always answer direct on e-mail.
The cars are always perfect.
There is only one word for your service EXCELLENT.

joannl3

Great help

Thanks for all the help along the way. Very informative and clear. Highly recommend this company to anyone who is interested in leasing a vehicle.

ellam26
5/15/14

Wish all car hire company's were like this!!!

The best hire car company I've ever used. Everything was so easy! I will definitely use them again!

patriciar28
5/14/14

Highly recommended

Great service provided, will go the extra mile to ensure the right car with the requested specifications is found.

reginar2
5/14/14

easy to use and see what extras are included.

We have used this site before and had excellent service both times. You can clearly see what is included and this is clearly down on the main page.

schadles
5/1/14

As the review title says. Easy to navigate web site, all info needed provided, got the airport, vehicle ready,spotless, no problems during the holiday, returned to the airport signed paperwork said thanks and left. No hassle.

Best Car Rental Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber