US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 176 reviews)

debrae6

I have never found anywhere cheaper and the customer service is excellent. (in 20 reviews)

macekk

Shuttle picked us up within 10 minutes and took us to collect the car. (in 5 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

alvinb28
3/2/15

Thanks again for another great rental.
May I say that I was very impressed with the quality of the car that you hired me during Christmas / new year.

melvab1
3/2/15

Have to say we had a car from you last week and as usual your service was absolutely perfect. Many thanks for providing such a seamless service. I have wasted no time recommending you to all our friends.

frankj26
2/24/15

I will say that the staff at the return location were excellent, they did an excellent job and were very welcoming and friendly.

bryantm21
2/24/15

I have never been disappointed so far. I will only rent from Economy bookings. I will also refer my friends wishing to rent a vehicle.

blainek2
2/20/15

We have used Economy bookings for many years and would always recommend them for easy, hassle free car hire.

jodyf5
2/20/15

Have used Economy bookings's over 30 times during the last 6 years - never let us down, first class service with easy access to and from the Airport - keep it up!

richardf43
2/20/15

Over 15 hires now plus another 10 to guests staying at our villa without a single problem in collection or delivery. Simple process without all the usual airport hire desk hassle. A real pleasure to do business with!

jillm34
2/20/15

I am very pleased with Economy bookings's service and I found all its member staff very pleasant on each of my visits to their office.

keithb57
2/14/15

Booked car for two weeks in Colombo, Sri Lanka. Car reps show up 1 1/2 hours late for meet and greet at airport after multiple calls Takes us to dark parking lot to do paper work.Does not have office booth at airport. Credit card machine does not work and tries to get cash deposit. Car has 167000 K on it. Piece of junk. Car has almost totally empty gas tank. No maps no information. 1:30 AM we have to look for gas in Sri Lanka in the dark and our hotel. 2:30 in morning arrive at hotel.
DO NOT USE ECONOMY BOOKINGS. COM. THEY WORK WITH THIRD RATE VENDORS.
Economy bookings email site does not work either.
It is not worth the small savings advertised.

Tip for consumers: Realize if there is any savings that it will cost you more in the long run.

claudeh23
2/9/15

We rented prepaid small SUV for Cancun airport in December 2014 with this company. The booking voucher very clearly stated that third party liability insurance (mandatory in Mexico) was included in the prepaid rate, as were local taxes. When we arrived, at the desk of Fox Rentacar, they insisted that the rate we had paid did not include third party insurance, nor VAT nor airport taxes and charged us an extra $700 CDN. They said that Economy Bookings had misled us. When we complained to economy bookings, they contacted Fox, who told them that we were charged extra insurance to avoid leaving a US$100,000 deposit (yes, one hundred thousand US dollars) for our Hyundai I35 (hardly a luxury vehicle). Of course, Fox never asked for such a huge deposit, but the standard US$1200 deposit which was refunded at the end. We have rented cars several times in Mexico but never been ripped off so brazenly. First and last time we will rent with Economy Bookings.com.

Tip for consumers: Stay away from Economy bookings.com

guylainet
2/8/15

Worst experience ever. We prepaid a reservation at the end of September for a car rental on December 26, 2014 for LA Airport. The booking was with FligtCar. Once we got to the airport, there was no car available for us. They only said that they were sorry and that there was some overbooking. You heard me well! After 6 hours on the phone and trying to reserve with another company, we realized that there was no car available with any car rental for that evening. We decided to sleep close to LAX. The cost : $150 that we had to pay. Furthermore, when we were able to reserve with another company, it cost us $50 more than the car we had already prepaid. It has been over 6 weeks now that we wrote to ECONOMYBOOKING to get refunded but no one has even dare to get back to us as of today. We are still waiting for the prepaid cost at the amount of $231 besides the colateral costs (hotel and extra fees for the other car). We travel 5 week every year and let me tell you that we will NEVER RESERVE THROUGH ECONOMYBOOKING. How can they be associated with a company such as FlightCar????? Take my advise : next time you need a car reservation, reserve directly with the car rental company. You will be sure to have the best service.

markg99
2/8/15

I had instant service, providing me with a great and clean car, making my vacation transport easy, hassle free. Thank you for such a great service. If you plan to go with them, expect a very positive experience.

bricea5
2/6/15

What a great experience, best rate, great little car. Economybookings did all the work ... except do the driving!!!

joshuab67
2/6/15

Everything was easy, location, vehicle given, and the value for the money payed was superb!!! Will use this service again!!!

elizabethb63
2/6/15

We hired a Toyota Camry from Orlando in Miami. We called when our plane landed and within 10 minutes their pick up bus was there to get us. Paperwork process back at their depot was a breeze, and the helpful and friendly staff talked us through the best options for a toll pass.
Car was clean and ready to go ... it also great, and with no mechanical hassles!

michaeld115
2/6/15

This was an easy pleasant experience. The computer web site was easy to follow with no complications. The Economy bookings staff were fantastic and I would certainly use them again. Perhaps one criticism may be that the website doesn't seem to indicate the hire company until you accept the quote. I would like to use Economy bookings again in the future.

kathrync9
2/6/15

We had a good trip and much of it was due to our experience with a friendly staff and honest advise about the cars, the trip driving in a foreign country... Everything! We'll use Economybookingsevery time from now on.

tiffanys28

Rental in Spain
Picked up Nissan Qashqai at the airport of Alicante, the car was upgraded and even bigger than I expected. It was easy to drive and very comfortable. I was informed in advance by economy bookings.com staff on what to do on-site and warned that I need to return the car with a full tank but the nearest fuel station was situated rather far away from the drop off point. For the rest, I am quite satisfied with my renal in Spain.

rhondad2
2/4/15

Rented a car through economy bookings.com and had an issue with my refund so I actively communicated with their support team by email, I always got quick responses, they completely understood my request and did they best to fulfill it as soon as possible. As a result, I got my refund in full and I was very impressed by their quality of service. They will certainly get my recommendations.

albertm53
2/4/15

Booking the car was easy. Collection staff very helpful. Locating the car in the car park was even better.The Opel Astra was immaculate,comfortable and suited all our needs for a week-end in Essen. I would certainly use this company again.

irinip
1/29/15

The worst experience we have ever had. We booked though them because they were the only ones that gave us the option to pick up the car from the city centre ended up paying 70 euros to get to the airport and 60 euros at international calls to get a car 6 hours later. Ruined our plans. Sent an e-mail of complain asking for a compensation regarding the costs of taxi and calls for something that was totally their mistake(the office at the centre was closed on Sundays did not know it and kept insisting it was open!). Never got any reply re-sent the e-mail and never heard from them. Did not even apologise.

peedo
1/29/15

I have been scammed by www.economybookings.com as well, charged double the quoted price, unable after 3 months and counting to get my deposit back, a complete con, and my one regret is that I didn't read all the legitimate reviews on here first (i.e. every single one of you poor individuals like me that gave the one star). My one crumb of comfort is that the 5 star ratings on here are so obviously fraudulent it's actually quite amusing .. posts from standard English names within the UK but they write in broken English?!? www.economybookings.com can't even get a fake review right!

Tip for consumers: DONT USE WWW.ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM UNLESS YOU ENJOY PAYING MORE THAN YOU EXPECTED AND NEVER SEEING YOUR DEPOSIT AGAIN

angelaj13
1/28/15

rayp20
1/23/15

Do not go thru them unless you want to lose money. They charged me up front where other companies do not. I was charged a foreign exchange fee by my credit card company because their office is in Latvia, Europe. I had to cancel my car rental a month and a half before the rental date and they charged $35.00 for a cancellation fee. It also took them about 2 months to refund my payment. I will never deal with them ever again! Don't be foolish! Go thru Priceline, Expedia, Hotels.com or any of the other U.S. companies.

julianat1
1/19/15

This was the first time that I have used economybookings. The service was outstanding, as I booked my car hire at short notice, but everything was completed in good time and my car was waiting for me on arrival at the airport in the USA.
The affiliate staff in the USA were extremely polite, attentive and professional and took the time to explain things such as the Toll road system in Texas, and also the insurance and fuel policies
The real bonus was the price. Approximately half what I paid going direct to another car hire company.
I travel abroad very regularly, and now Atlaschoice will be my "go to" company for car hire

mazorx
1/10/15

HORRIBLE. CLICKED TO RENT AND PRICE WENT UP BY $200. WANTED CAR FOR NEXT DAY AND THEIR AUTO RESPONSE WAS WILL GET BACK TO YOU WITH CAR TYPE IN 2-10 DAYS. THEY FOUGHT ME TOOTH AND NAIL TO CANCEL, SO I CALLED MY CREDIT CARD COMPANY AND PUT A VENDOR LOCK ON THEM.

TOTAL CROOKS

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY. 5 STAR REVIEWS R FROM THEMSELVES.

danutas
1/8/15

the worst company I have ever rented a car,on the picture show much bigger car,then in Tampa they charge us extra for shuttle from airport to rental location $ 44,00 also they added some more charges in the and we have paid much more for rental from FOX then my son who rented the car from ALAMO -picked up from airport,got bigger car and no hidden fee,do not rent from FOX

Tip for consumers: do not rent from this side better use other like costco,better car no hidden charges and cheaper rental,Alamo give you same or better price and pick up from the airport ,

balazsf
1/7/15

WARNING: DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!

I had a horrible experience with this company in Dec 2011, I actually had to SUE them in Latvia (which is their home country) to get some compensation, which (even though I won the case in the end) did not even come close to the loss I had to sustain..
I am actually amazed that they are still in business.. but anyway, just know that if there is any problem, these guys will play every trick in the book, from not getting back to you at all after you make a complaint up to and including hiring lawyers to fight your completely legitimate claims in court..

AGAIN: STAY AWAY FROM THEM.

annabelb1
12/19/14

Worst booking site I've ever used - not even sure if this is a legitimate company. I rented a car through economy booking when I was on holidays in France and I ended up being charged hundreds of dollars extra for mileage for being a 'french resident' when they do not ask for an address - once something has gone wrong it is IMPOSSIBLE TO CONTACT THEM!!!! THEY ONLY ACCEPT CALLS FOR NEW RENTALS BUT REFUSE TO TAKE ANY CALLS FOR CUSTOMER SERVICE OR COMPLAINTS!!! Do not use this company they are a joke.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!

rodae
12/17/14

I have use Economybookings a couple of times and have always been very happy with the service. I am travelling to Upington again next October and will be using economybookings again. Thanks for a great service.

ud37
12/17/14

Worst car renting experience ever, they don't tell you until after the booking that it doesn't include all the taxes and fees in the quoted price, which you don't notice in the fine print below the big font quote "total price due" after they've nicked you for their share ($50 in my case), then the scam renter (in my case Fox Las Vegas) gives you a bill for more than twice the amount you think you're going to pay and double talks you into believing that ultimately you will pay the economybookings.com price, then after telling you they are going to put a "hold charge" in the amount of the economybookings price on you discover they actually process a transaction for that full amount that is over double the price you expected to pay, then you have to dispute the charge and spend time and effort explaining it, then the car is a piece of crap that breaks down on you and almost gets you killed on I-215, and I'm still fighting this, bottom line if you want piece of mind and a good renting experience and not risk your life DON'T USE THIS COMPANY!

barm
12/13/14

F**k you economybookings

A big thanks to all who have posted their 1 star comments on here thus allowing me to avoid a similar tragic experience. I'm sorry to all who who got ripped-off by these unscrupulous ba$tards.

Any review higher than 1 star was purchased - have you noticed that the stars are 1 or 5 and barely nothing in between?
***************************
Yesterday, December 12th, I booked with economybookings for a Ft. lauderdale car rental through a reputable carrier. Immediately an internet confirmation came thru for $568 and not the $324 I agreed to (called 'Refundable Excess'). Immediately I called their number, nearly 30 minutes on hold, to clear this up. They said they would take care of this, I commented on his good English and asked 'where are you located?', 'Latvia' was his response......I then requested that the send me a new confirmation before processing my charge - I was suspicious.
I immediately looked up this company on the internet and saw this and a couple of other sites all warning what a scam this booking service is. I then called MasterCard and the charge hadn't been processed yet - I told them to block it and MasterCard said that there is the possibility that they would sell my credit card info....BOOM! - cancelled the card right there.

An hour later I rcv'd this email from economybookings:

We’d like to inform you that we were unable to process payment via credit card number provided for your car reservation.
Possible reasons:
- Wrong credit card expiration date

You can change your payment information by entering your order number on Economybookings.com. Please select “MY ORDER” in the upper right corner.
Enter your reference number ********** and your e-mail address to login.

You may also provide the correct credit card details for your rental confirmation by contacting our call center or by e-mail reservations@bookinggroup.com
- Credit card blocked by Bank or customer
Please contact your bank, maybe your bank blocks transfers for some European countries.
************************************

josev17
12/13/14

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. I asked for clarifications to Economybookings Client Service, and they supported me very quickly.
Very good service, considering that it's a web company.

janiss
12/9/14

I forgot to take the copy of my subscription and they told me that it was not a problem, Very helpful team, they even gave us a bottle of water before departing. Everything went fast as natural. Many thanks to the nice staff ;)

matthewm64
12/7/14

I had very good service from www.economybookings.com when I invite my car. I talk with them by phone and they where helpful. Alamo upgraded my car. Very quick service when I left at the airport, the woman at alamo relaese me very quick.

cecilias4
12/6/14

gilberts14
12/5/14

The car was great. The service person is also great. And price was good me. Highly recommended to use this rental booking service

sureyyah
12/5/14

Unfortunately, there is no option to check 'no stars' when rating this company. This company is a rip off. They offer an insurance called "Refundable excess" to cover any damage upto a relatively small amount. When making a booking, I did not realized that this box was already checked, so I had to pay $97 extra for this insurance. The way it sounded (refundable) I thought it would be refunded after I completed my trip since I didn't do any damage to the rental car. Well, it is NOT refundable!! The wording on their site and documents need to be read very carefully. Because of this rip off alone, I will NEVER book any vehicles through this company. They can rip someone off only once!!

Additionally, I had to wait for more than one hour to pick up my car at my destination as there was only one agent helping and a long line of customers. This was excruciating after a very long trip. If I hadn't already paid for this reservation, I certainly would have gone to another car rental counter which would have been faster AND cheaper! NEVER do business with the Economy Bookings!

charlesc71
12/4/14

I made a reservation for a car for a trip in January 2015. I wondered why my credit card was charged a foreign transaction fee. The car is in the USA we were renting it in the USA . In the process of cancelling have stopped payment and are hoping for the best! Because they are located in LATVIA we are suppose to pay an exchange fee. GIVE ME A BREAK!!!!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: BEWARE

kylen5
12/3/14

HORRIBLE,GREEDY, MISLEADING CO. they take your booking, screw it up, and charge you full price. when i found they screwed up my location, i simply asked to switch and they said it would be over $100. so i cancelled and now they want FULL PAYMENT, when THEY screwed it up..horrible customer service,

mariar42
12/2/14

THEY DESERVE NO STARS!! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE PAID FOR MY CAR UP FRONT JUST TO FIND OUT THAT I COULD NOT RENT IT WHEN GETTING TO THE AIRPORT! DO NOT. I REPEAT DO NOT RENT FROM HERE! IT HAS BEEN OVER A WEEK AND NO ONE HAS CONTACTED ME BACK AND I LOST OUT ON $200!!!! RIDICULOUS DO NOT RENT I REGRET NOT READING REVIEWS BEFORE HAND!!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE THIS SITE!!!!!! TERRRIBLE! HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE!!!!!! >:-O

mercedesb1
11/26/14

Economy bookings are THIEVES. I cancelled a booking and despite doing it 72 hs in advance, they charged me 33 USD. I made a new booking (correct one this time), booked their insurance and when arrived to car rental had to pay insurance again as economybookings was not recognized. I STILL HAVENT RECEIVED THE REFUND.
SCAMMERS! CONMEN!

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS WEBSITE

isabels2
11/14/14

STAY AWAY form this company. It's a scam. I've cancelled my reservation two moths before the date of the reservation, and I never see my money back.

jacquesd8
11/9/14

EconomyBookings rental car is the worst company that I met for 45 years of car rental. Their objective is just to get their percentage on businesses they make with companies with which they subcontract the car rental. They don't care at all of their customers. My experience last September in UK with them : for a 15 days rental cost of £170, I was charged £622 for a damage evaluated to £100 by a UK garage. After 1 month of disputes by email, they were not able to provide me with an invoice of the repair. My advice : Avoid renting a car with this ExpensiveBookings company.

Jacques Deprez, Belgium

daniellem7
10/31/14

They added about $300 extra to my rental agreement when I went to pick up the car. The deal seems good until you have to pick up the car, then they tack on additional charges. Don't rent from here!! Go to Enterprise or Budget!!!!

Tip for consumers: Worst company ever. Their customer service leaves you on the phone for 30 mins and then hangs up on your call when you try to ask for a refund. Total scammers and thieves.

karenh54
10/14/14

Total Scammers!
We booked a car for pick-up at Boston airport. They tood a $188.92 deposit immediately upon reservation. When we arrived at the airport, I realized that no car rental agency had been specified on their reservation confirmation, which I had made 3 months earlier. We tried phoning their 24/7 line...my husbands' phone went dead waiting for an answer. We noticed that Budget and Alamo were listed at the bottom of the page and so started there. The fellow at Budget was very helpful and asked every single car rental agency in the airport; NOt ONE of them had our reservation. We then rented through Budget. I have been trying to get hold of there scammers, but they don't seem to answer their "help" lines. I will proceed to the Better Business Bureau if I get no satisfaction. DO NOT RENT FROM THESE PEOPLE!! THEY ARE SCAMMERS!!

Tip for consumers: RUN FROM THIS "COMPANY"!!

claudiab9
10/13/14

Horrible! I needed a car from the Fort Lauderdale AIRPORT location, where I could get there in a city bus @ 7pm. They gave me a Fort Lauderdale DOWNTOWN location where not only I could not get on a bus (would have to make two transfers in a not very nice part of town, leave my house at 4pm to be there at 7 and that was not what I wanted with a 7 year old child). They refuse to refund me because I did not want to use their services from the Downtown location. So I ended up paying and not BEING able to use the car because I did get another car where I could get there in the bus. Horrible service from their customer service. Horrible service from their email response where I have explained many times it is THEIR fault that they did not have a car in the airport location!!!!

Tip for consumers: Do not use it. I ended up paying for something I did not use!

pral
10/4/14

Tip for consumers: We hired for pickup and drop off at LAX. Didn't think about a GPS but received an offer for one before we picked the car up...... It was indispensable with the 1500 mile trip we had planned. Car was great, service was great. Glitch with billing was addressed quickly and to our complete satisfaction.

evangelosm
10/3/14

I arranged for a car rental through EconomyBookings.com in August specifying that our arrival at Heathrow airport would be just before midnight hence car collection would be at that time. All this was specified on the booking confirmation I received. No point in saying that we arrived at Thrifty Car Rentals near Heathrow Airport to find out that they were shut. I called EconomyBookings as well as emailed them the next day and was promised an investigation and a reply within 7-21 business days. That was in early September. They have not replied and have not received a refund either. I am totally dissapointed by their inefficiency and inability to behave professionally.

garyg32
10/2/14

Believe these negative reviews!! I'm very sorry I never saw them before I rented through economybookings.com. No need to go through all the detail. I had the same miserable experience as many others with excessive, unnecessary charges. Then they never did respond to any of my e-mails and they don't answer their customer service line. Next time I'll check the reviews first. And rent a car from a more reliable, reputable company.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi
I am in Italy and i want to rent a car for 9 days. I have a doubt because i'm 23 years old, and the others rent car companies requires a pay extra for the age. We must pay this money with you? thanks for all
4/15/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?