US Government's NSF

Categories: Car Rental
Lielirbes Street 17a
Riga, Riga LV 1046, Latvia
support@bookinggroup.com

People interested in EconomyBookings are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 261 reviews)

annak58

This will give you some idea of how serious these guys are about customer service! (in 30 reviews)

willyg11

We have used Booking Group over 8 years now and have always had a 1st class service. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nopek
7/27/15

I booked a car withrough this group and pre booked my excess insurance but when i arrived at my pick up they would not accept my access insurance and i had to pay 18 euro a day on top of the £130 i had already paid to group booking. When I came home i sent an email to them and got a statement back not an answer but a staement quoting i could have cancelled this prepaid before i went How can you cancel something you have been sold that you may need without been aware that the car rental comapny do not accept their excess cover DO NOT USE THIS COMAPNY

nickg45
7/26/15

Firstly watch out for the extra button which you have to opt out rather than opt in.

Claimed that the car rental company was on site at the airport when actually we had to be transferred

Scheduled wrong time and when I called up I was blamed and told to phone the local company myself.

Staff member said " First of all you book the wrong time and then you don't want to listen to me" Very arrogant man called Martin

The local company did not know what i had to pay, when I called Ecomony Bookings to confirm there was a very unhelpful woman who clearly went to the same customer service course as Martin.

I will never use this company again. Very unprofessional

stephenr44
7/23/15

I placed my reservation months in advance, when I got to the airport I was told to call a number and someone would pick us up in 10/15 minutes. It took 25 minutes and the driver had not been told to pick us up, he was dropping people off. When we arrived at Economy Bookings location, which was a tacky hotel lobby, we were informed they had no car for our reservation, but they had mad a reservation at the airport counter of budget for us and they where covering the $223.24 difference, but we would have to take the bus back to the airport. Needless to say they did not cover the difference and the budget rep had no information on Economy Bookings or partial payment. I have since heard many horror stories of this company and I am still trying to recover the funds they charged my credit card as well as the difference I had to pay. You cannot talk with a person you have to contact them by email...Its all a very large disappointment and not an easy company to deal with. Do Not Rent from them! I had to give them 1 star to post this review but I would not even give them on star!

glorias16
7/23/15

First all many thanks for the service and help you gave me during my 2 month rental with Economybookings !!

crisc6
7/23/15

I went through the process of renting a car with them. Nevermore!
I authorised a transaction of 48.88£ and then I was charged for 50.51£.
I called them and they kept saying I was charged 48.88£ and I kept telling them I was charged 50.51£. They first tried to blame it on the extra voucher cost which were to be paid on collection and after a while they admitted that I was charged 50.51£ because the payment was in fact done in dollars as per their terms & conditions. I said that I didn't have anywhere during the booking process the double currency cost of the booking, the only currency ever shown to me being pounds. I told them I wasn't happy about that and that I wanted a refund. They said I needed to write an email asking for the refund, which I did immediately after speaking with them.

After not long I then received a confirmation email of the refund being accepted and processed but on the email there was no amount of the refund specified. Now being very wary I phoned them up again trying to understand what I should have expected.

They said that I was going to receive a full refund because I purchased the cancellation insurance policy. I said I was happy about that and that I wanted to be refunded for 50.51£ which is what I have paid with my cc.
At this point the person on the phone said that I would receive some 70 US Dollars which in pounds is around 36£ or something depending on the exchange rate.
I was by then raging! I do not care anymore about dollars, pounds or euros, especcially cause it is NOWHERE on my receipt the amount in dollars. I asked them to be refunded the exact amount paid by my which is 50.51£ no more and no less than that.
They kept saying that they charge in dollars as per T&C and so they will refund in dollars.

I have then asked to be put through a supervisor to discuss further and they did put me through to someone else that kept saying everything should be dealt with emails and not on the phone, and that they wanted proofs of my payment of 50.51£.
Even if them asking ME for proofs is very unprofessional and a very bad sign of customer service I did.

I didn't receive any reply to that. I would never use them again and I have already reviewed them on multiple website.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

valerieg14
7/22/15

So i book a hotel in France (Chambers de Hotes A Lecole Buissonniere Honfluer) We are late due to Eurotunnel delays and traffic we receive a phone call saying they had cancelled the room. Booking.com are aware the proprietor does this sort of thing frequently and are still promoting this business.. I cannot get a refund from the hotel or booking.com. We arrive in France with nowhere to sleep, fortunately were able to book another hotel at 10.00pm.

jcarlosr
7/21/15

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away! thief liers they said 20,000 locations around the world ...this is another web from UK...ONE MORE SCAM !!!!!!

johnb404
7/9/15

Car rental service was outstanding,car was cleaned properly and was good on gas.

cassandraj1
7/9/15

You guys were great! so much cheaper than everybody else!

sharonm87
7/9/15

Your cheap rates attracted me when I came in, and now that I have rented, I will be back for the cheap rates and the great service!

jamied39
7/9/15

Just to let you know, you guys are great,I love your service and your rates are amazing.

sudien
7/9/15

You guys took good care of me,and I will definitely do business with you again!

janetteb1
7/9/15

Thank you so much for working with me with the credit cards. I appreciate it more than you know.

donnag31

arthurg22
7/9/15

You have been a life saver. I have found a "new" but used car for myself.....but will use you guys in the future if ever I have any car rental needs. Thanks again for all your help

feliciag8
7/8/15

Highly recommend!! We rented one of their new Ford Transit vans and it was great. The reservation process was smooth and we were in and out of the off when we picked up the van.

lawrencep14
7/8/15

Great value for my rental. Great customer service.

samanthac34
7/8/15

I would advise against using a Car Hire broker in general and this company are the worst of the lot.

Firstly they made no indication that the transaction would be taken from my card in Euros. The quote was in GBP, everything on the site was I GBP and suddenly the transaction was in Euros landing me with a £7 fee from my card provider. If they'd been more transparent I could have used my foreign travel card and avoided this.

Second we paid €40 for out of hours pick up. The car was not there. 1am, 6 tired people and no car. We rang the car hire company (OK rent a car) who did not pick up so we called Economy Bookings emergency number. They refused to pay for a taxi to take us to our hotel or offer any reasonable advice so we were left €80 out of pocket for the whole experience.

All this company care about is taking your money - they don't care if it goes wrong afterwards. Do not use. Avoid at all costs.

larrya28
7/7/15

Just a quick note to say a very big THANK YOU to yourself and the driver for the very efficient service yesterday. Thank you very much for the good service and the friendly reception on our arrival.

allenew
7/7/15

Great family run business would highly recommend … exceptional service , very friendly & very very well priced. Thank you for making car rental affordable and straightforward by showing the total cost.

nathans40
7/7/15

Economybookings is a great option for last minute rentals as some major rental car companies funnel their deals thru the website and not their own website.

miriamv2
7/7/15

This was a pleasurable experience. It was wonderful to be able to reserve an automobile using a debit card without the problems of high deposits and credit checks. I have told family about my experience and they will also start renting from Alamo and use Economybookings

malcolmr16
7/7/15

Very prompt, knowledgeable, efficient, and courteous service. Thank you!

donm73
7/7/15

Everything worked like clockwork. I will definitely tell others and use Economybookings again. Great job, very pleased.

josephr59
7/7/15

car was nice…so friendly and quick and easy…I’m done on 10 minutes my deposit received on few days without any problems…Thanks

richardd79
7/7/15

Ease to book, timely follow up to confirm, pricing as advertised, clean well maintained vehicle. Will definitely repeat.

royr30
7/7/15

When I went there people at the desk were professional and they were also quick , I got a nice vehicle and I really enjoy the ride

juliac24
7/7/15

Rented a 12 passenger van. The vehicle was clean and updated. The staff was friendly, helpful and very professional. The prices were reasonably compared to others. We would definitely use again!

elenad14
7/2/15

Economy bookings are simply a reseller of car rental services who through their T&Cs have washed their hands clean if any discrepancies are there between what they've sold you and what you get from the actual car hire company. I hired a car in California which turned out I had to pay $140 on top as this wasn't included in the EconomyBookings sold price to me. After handling my complaint for 3 months they finally pointed to their messy T&Cs and said: deal with the car rental company! Terrible customer service based in Ukraine which only operates in EU business hours while selling services worldwide.

viviani1
6/30/15

So pleased that operations were all running smoothly, even though I rented on a holiday. Extremely impressed by the attentiveness and courtesy of the staff.

latoniab
6/30/15

You're my new best friend. Thank you for the tip and also for saving me over $175 on the Jeep Wrangler! I honestly don't travel much so I don't know all of the tips and tricks.
Can't thank you enough.

alberty4
6/30/15

You are my hero! I did call and they are actually crediting me about $22 for one day's rental. THANK YOU for suggesting that I call! I'm sure it saved me considerable hassle at the counter tomorrow. You get the gold star from me today.

wesleyg19
6/30/15

Thank you so much for going out of your way to help me. The Jeep will be less expensive and more fun.

johanw15
6/30/15

I have used Economybookings service several years now and in different countries and they have never let me down. Good cars best prices and the fact that you do not have to add any extra insurences is perfect for me.

jonasn4
6/30/15

I have used Economybookingsl service several years now and in different countries and they have never let me down. Good cars best prices and the fact that you do not have to add any extra insurences is perfect for me.

razvant2
6/26/15

They rented me a car in Valencia with drop-off in Barcelona, but when I got to the rental car they told me I must pay double because of different drop-off.

And then they told me that in their system (the rental company was GoldCard) I appear with some financial risk , yet they couldn't tell me what that is (perhaps a lower credit card limit or an unpaid traffic fine).

They charged me the entire amount , although they haven;t gave me any car.
Right now, after about 45 days, EconomyBookings responded to my complaint and told me that it is in their Terms & Conditions that they cannot refund me anything.

So I paid the full amount of the rental fee, although they refused to give me any car and that amount won't be refunded.

EconomyBookings are definitely the biggest scammers I have met to date.

bv16
6/22/15

I booked a car at Economybookings with a pick up and drop off on different locations. A total price was shown which was decent.
Afterwards the car rental company (Firefly) charged my credit card with a way larger amount than the price at EconomyBookings. They charged me extra because of the different pick up and drop off location. Economybookings says that is correct and is in the Terms and Conditions.
Economybookings already knew in advance that pick up and drop off were different, but they did not show that in their total price.
Conclusion: do not believe the total price they offer. Eventually the costs can be much higher.

lmacm
6/14/15

I booked to rent a car as the site guaranteed "cancel protection", which was specified as no charge for cancellation up until 48 hours of picking up the rental. I thought it was worth going through the trouble of booking as not to miss the low cost deal.
I looked for feedback online and found on 4 star reviews on Google. How wrong they were!
Two weeks before pickup I decided to cancel the booking. To begin with, it was really hard to find where to effectuate this process on their site. It says they only process cancellation when you write to reservations@bookinggroup.com.
They did reply fast, but that doesn't make them any less crooked! I demanded a full cancellation free of charge as was originally sold to me. They replied by sending me a policy different to the original which was on their site when I booked, specifically at the term that specifies how cancellation will or not be charged.
Here are the original terms on their site:

4.1.1. When canceling at least 48 hours in advance of your rental, EconomyBookings.com does not collect cancellation fee. Prepayment sum charged upon confirmation is refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.
4.1.2. When canceling less than 48 hours in advance of your rental, EconomyBookings.com charges 33 USD/37 CAD. The remaining amount is refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.

Here, the "revised" terms after I tried cancellation:

4.1.1. When canceling at least 48 hours in advance of your rental, administration charge of EUR 25/USD 33 is not refundable. If prepayment sum charged upon confirmation is greater than that, the rest balance will be refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.
4.1.2. When canceling less than 48 hours in advance of your rental, charge of the full prepayment amount is not refundable. The cost of Refundable Excess and Full Excess Protection extras will be refunded in full within 45 business days of the cancellation date.

Next, they (bookinggroup), replied saying they wouldn't charge me anything, but "economybookings" would charge me US$33.00 for cancelling (as if they weren't one and the same company). After I replied saying that I still demanded not to be charged because I had all the proofs that I was not due to pay any amount, they said I did not have the "cancel protection". Again, I have proof that I have cancel protection up until 48 hours of picking up the car - I have screen printed every page of the booking process showing this.
From that reply, I decided to block the payment in my credit card. I contacted my bank and to my horror I found out that I had already been charged US$176.51 from bookinggroup - US$9.42 dollars more than the full amount of the rental! Supposedly I had cancel protection up until 48 hours of pick up, so then surely this transaction was not to have taken place yet! I have obviously been a victim of an internet scam and I cannot believe that I had not read the full reviews. I would never have been in this position if I wasn't fooled by Google's "oracle" power of quickly showing me 4 star reviews for this scamming company, and I had actually opened up all the review sites and seen the real customers feedbacks.
I plead to everyone reading this DO NOT USE THIS SITE, avoid being a victim of these thieves!

shyamalendus
6/13/15

I reached Fox rental counter at Denver Airport on 14th May and they don't have any midsize suv. All jeep cherokee was recalled by company. So, I didn't take the car from Fox. Took a car from another rental company. Then I send 15 emails to support@bookinggroup.com asking for refund. After 2 weeks I get first reply that they are investigating. Another 2 weeks past. I am still sending email with the hope to get an answer and refund. Never experienced this kind of customer service. I am fully feed up. NEVER EVER BOOK A CAR FROM THEM. Refunds are so difficult to get. I still chasing the dream of getting back the refund. I feel that I am being cheated.

cm85
6/12/15

Sold me with the wrong information, very hard to get a response and would recommend to book directly with the main company you want to go with!! Worst I've came across yet!! Finally told me all the information I needed before booking on an email which said it wasnt refundable 3 weeks after I complained! AVOID!!!

alanm79
6/11/15

They managed to change my credit card for a different car, in a different country provided to some else. I also pointed out to them the faults on their website and offered to discuss this problem with them over the phone. Their reply was.............the booking left incomplete and we do not know anything about this try.... The sort of reply I would expect from a 3 year old! And they still have my money. BEWARE!!!

danielc95
6/10/15

Do not use them at all, they are outright scam. Booked a car on their website, paid a prepayment and on the day of collecting the rental car, I was being refused and had to be referred to another rental car company, I asked for refund from eoconomybookings.com and refused, stating reasons that I did not adhere to the rental company's terms and condition. I have never had any problems with Budget, Avis, Dollar. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT USE ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM

tomw74
6/10/15

I was charged Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of petrol and told to return the car empty. I do not like this in principle because one cannot return the car empty. It is a way to add a couple of Euro to the rental in free fuel for the Rental Agency. But Economybookings said that was the policy and the rental fee was attractive, so I agreed. So far so good, BUT:
• When I picked the vehicle up, it actually had less than 1/2 tank of fuel (about 7/16 in my case).
• From as empty a tank as I dared go I put in Euro 30 of fuel. This fills the tank to over 7/8 on the gauge,
When I pay for 1/2 tank of fuel, I expect to get 1/2 tank, not an excuse that "it is almost 1/2 full". When I pay Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of fuel I expect that is what 1/2 tank of fuel costs. In fact Euro 30 comes close to filling this car!
When I wrote to Economybookings about this, they did not even have the courtesy to respond. That is unacceptable.
In fact, the price was good, even with the overcharge on the fuel. But I would never rent with Economybooking again on principle. They simply do not have the courtesy to even respond to comments. This was also noted in some reviews I saw before renting from them, but I discounted them. I no longer do.
I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

billyb67

EXTEEM! SUCKAGE!

bettyc15
6/10/15

This was probably the most hassle-free car rental experience I have ever had, and I have had a lot over the years. The car I requested was available, and I was also given the chance to choose and alternative vehicle from another 3 which were available. I stuck with my original choice and the car was excellent. Can't honestly come up with any complaint whatsoever - a great all-round experience and will certainly be my company of choice for future car rental.

larryh53
6/10/15

Have used Economybookings previously so considered them again. The price they quoted was very good, and the communications (all on-line) were excellent. Everything went well at the subsequent rental, although US rental companies do need to sharpen up their customer service - not a reflection on Economybookings though.

markj105
6/10/15

The car was delivered to our hotel by a friendly and efficient man. We had no problem with the car and if we went to Greece again, we would not hesitate to use the same company.

frankr50
6/10/15

The reservation process was quick and easy and we were pleased with the result. There may be a slight margin in booking through this website rather than directly with the car company but there is far greater choice available and the certainty that there would be a suitable vehicle available.

jacqueliner14
6/10/15

Hired a Nissan Tiida off cutprice for my holiday last week. It was a great car, clean and tidy, ran well. Picked it up straight at the Orlando airport, didn't have to take a bus like the last company I used on the Orlando . Dropped it off back at the airport when I went home. All in all I'm very satisfied with Economybookings

evelynf2
6/10/15

I book a car from Economybookings in May this year. The staff were so nice and really helped out. I had some issues and we were able to move through with no problems or stress. I am very thankful to them for this. The car I hired was a Ford Mondeo and it was beautiful to drive.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi
I am in Italy and i want to rent a car for 9 days. I have a doubt because i'm 23 years old, and the others rent car companies requires a pay extra for the age. We must pay this money with you? thanks for all
4/15/13
Add your answer
Q: Does anyone think it reasonable for this company to delay paying a refund for up to 45 days and rely on the fact that they do not need to abide with regulation and code of conduct present in other EU states. To refer customers to their terms on conditions alone and offer nothing further is morally wrong and not good business, does anyone have a view on this?
4/24/15
Answer
garyg32
A: In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.
4/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
EconomyBookings?