US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 356 reviews)

williamf50

Good customer service, great price, definitely recommend to others keep up the good job guys. (in 46 reviews)

willyg11

We have used Booking Group over 8 years now and have always had a 1st class service. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

adamk72
2/7/16

I had good experience with economy bookings.I will use your friendly service again, and recommend it to others.

victorm62
2/6/16

The service I received from economybookings.com was fantastic. I urgently needed a car on several occasions and it was no trouble. Very friendly and helpful staff- I would definitely recommend this company!

alexanderi4
2/3/16

I booked a car in December from airport Vienna with Full Excess Protection. Everything was fine with the car, but unfortunately upon return a damage on the windscreen was identified by the rental company. The rental company charged me 814 EUR for this damage, therefore on 7.12.2015 I filed a reimbursement claim to support@bookinggroup.com in compliance with the General Terms.
The support at this stage was prompt, they requested some additional documents from me which I provided. Then with a slight delay on 7.01.2016 I received confirmation that the refund of 814 EUR is confirmed and the customer care specialist requested my credit card details for the refund.
I provided the credit card details as well as my bank account and since then I have not heard from EconomyBookings. I sent them multiple e-mails, all ignored. I tried to call the direct line of the customer support - the number is no longer valid. I tried to send mail via their web interface - an error with the server occurred. So I am not sure whether this company is still operating or is bankrupt or it is a scam and will try to charge my credit card. I am not sure whether to start legal proceedings against this ghost company. If someone has more information I will appreciate it.
Alexander Ivanov (booking No. B89603379)

olivero9
1/27/16

I had been booking a car with them in Tenerife. Almost all the booking fee had been debited instantly to the credit card. According to the cancellation policy the booking could be canceled until 48 hours before the rental date. The bad news are in the small print! I had to cancel the booking and I was informed that the amount (minus the cancellation insurance fee of EUR 13.99) WITHIN 45 BUSINESS DAYS!!! This is outrageous. They keep using our money and after 2 months no one will be able to complaint about the card transaction. Better to pay a few euros more and get your money back instantly if you have to cancel your booking.

rooniew
1/26/16

We were very pleased with the service. Your staff was very kind and the car that we bought from your company makes our life in Shanghai easier. Thank you

leroyp9
1/25/16

I was traveling to Denver, arriving at the airport. I found reasonably-priced rental cars, but was concerned about the pickup location. I used the website, but found a phone to call and confirm the pickup location was at the airport before booking.

I was assured it was at the airport, "...just exit the terminal and get on the shuttle for Enterprise...". WRONG! When I arrived at Enterprise using the shuttle, I was informed the car was from a Denver location. Worse, I could not just rent the car from the airport location because economy bookings was going to charge me for the unused rental and Enterprise could not transfer my reservation to the airport even if I paid the higher cost. Further, my plane arrived at 5 pm, and the rental location closed at 6 pm making it impossible to reach the proper location from the airport with normal traffic, even if I had realized my mistake.

When called, EB provided no help. I was asked for the name of the person with whom I had spoken. (Not sure how that would be remedy.) They would not release me from the car charges and repeatedly stated that they had provided the address for the pickup location in an email, which was true. Again, I am not sure how I was supposed to know the street address was not for the airport pickup location.

Enterprise was fantastic, though. They were able to transfer the booking to another Denver location that stayed open later, found an uber ride for me, etc. This cheap car rental ended up costing me more than if I had paid full price, though.

NEVER use these people unless you are familiar with the area, pickup locations, etc.

ronaldm70
1/25/16

Just a quick note to say thanks for the great service received, which helped to make our holiday special.Thanks!!

praveenv4
1/15/16

-They first take your money
-Then they send you confusing terms of service which are worded in such a way so as to -avoid any form of refund.
-their customer service is useless and overseas and will not help you except to tell you to write an email "I am not the person to help you" is their motto
-They didn't reply to emails at first and pretended they didn't get them
-they promised a partial refund in their terms of service and then kept the whole amount
-one weeks worth of car rental was stolen from us.
-this company is very successful in making 100% from 0% car rental.

Tip for consumers: Please avoid this unethical company at all costs unless you are 100% sure that you meet their terms of service to the very last dot. On second thoughts get a lawyer to check them over, you will need one.

albertoc24
1/5/16

I rented a paid for a car. They changed the price, told me they would refound the difference but they didn't. When I got to the car rental office they haven't transfered the money so I had to pay again. Customer service doesn't solve any problem.
I won't never use this company again!

Tip for consumers: Avoid this company!

jessicab119
1/5/16

No stars! Absolutely horrible!
Do not use EconomyBookings.com. The quote I received was incorrect by $180! The amount payable now (paid to Economy Booking when booking the car ($30)) was also not taken off the rental price at time of pick up. I contacted Economy Bookings; no available person or manager to talk with (any issues you have to send an e-mail – wait 7-10 days for a response). In the automatic reply (received when sending a complaint/issue), the e-mail gives a number to contact an agent ("We will contact you back within 7-10 business days for the future investigation. For more information you can contact our agents by phone: +371 66011133 (Mon-Fri, working hours: 9:00-18:00, EET)"). The number is not a working number. I contacted Economy Bookings for a correct/working number. I was told there was no number and that the e-mail I received did not give a number. The service representative was not at all helpful, hanging up the phone on me. Save yourself the headache, this company has extremely poor customer service. Adding to this is that what they quote you for a rental is not the price!!!! Buyer beware!!

lindad99
1/5/16

I rented a car thru economybookings.com. The total cost including fees and taxes was $213.00. When I printed out the voucher, it said that I owed $101.43 additional in taxes and fees. When I called customer service, some guy told me "you are American, pay your taxes"!! Really, I tried to explain that the taxes and fees were included in the price when I chose it on their website. He insisted that it didn't. I've since contacted Visa and they are helping me get this straightened out. DON'T USE THEM. They get $34 for each car rental you book on their website. Go to Dollar, Avis, etc.

megs14
1/3/16

Booked 3 months in advance; arrived at airport on Dec 24th to find the company they contracted did not have my car! No one had contacted me prior to my arrival to inform me of this and so I ended up having to pay more than three times what I contracted to get a car from another car rental. Their telephone support staff could do nothing other than offer I send an email to get a refund! They could not even refund my money! I can't say enough bad things about this company. DO NOT USE THEM!

francisl20
1/2/16

I was so pleased when I booked with a car with EconomyBookings for over $100 less than my existing car reservation with another company. However, upon picking up the vehicle I was charged over $150 more!!! I found out that the advertised price with EconomyBookings did not included local airport charges. I've learned my lesson to carefully read the details of what's included in the price before booking with price that looks too good to be true!!!

scotta39
12/17/15

I arrived at Newark airport and went to Dollar rental car to pick up my car, I had prepaid 252.06 a month earlier to Economyrental.com with a remaining balance of 39.00 to be paid upon arrival. I had used a debit card for the initial car reservation and economyrenntal had no problem with the debit card, withdrawing the 252.06 immediately . I was refused the car rental due to the fact that Dollar( just purchased from Hertz), has a new policy ( not listed yet), of no rentals without a major credit card! I offered to pay cash and or call a friend for his credit card but was not allowed. I was forced to rent a car from Alamo, at a much higher costs, Alamo accepts debit cards. I called economybookings.com the same evening, however the operator would not listen to my complaint, rather she told me to send the company an email, which I did, however I remain very concerned that economy bookings.com will not refund my monies even though I could not rent the car and they are holding the 252.02, Scott A.

bonnies53
12/15/15

Why would I have a question. You all could care less. Just getting reviews as my attorney requested. Car not available when I got to location and no refund from company, Only word that comes to mind is FRAUD! Should be no stars.

garyh92
12/12/15

Seriously avoid this company, no respect, rip off merchants, full of crap and will leave you stranded with kids. Gutted I had to put 1 star

alethiah
12/4/15

We are very please with your services and highly recommended your company with our relatives and friends.

sergiog13
12/3/15

The car rental service worked out great. Everything was all very easy and convenient all the way around. The staff was helpful. Next time I'm in LA, you'll be hearing from me.

georgeg74
12/3/15

I would like to say thank you for the great service we got from Economybookings. All of the people we dealt with were courteous, helpful and friendly. I will not hesitate to use Economybookings the next time we are in the US!

troym42
12/3/15

It was a wonderful experience. Thank you very much for the excellent service. I enjoyed every minute of the rental and I'm sure we will be in touch in the future.

lyndonw2
12/3/15

After a very bad experience with another car rental company last year, I just wanted to let you know how pleased we are with the car and also with your very helpful and polite service. I shall definitely recommend your company to all my friends & relatives.

rosad6
12/3/15

The car rental from you guys was awesome! Prompt service and delivery left me full filled and very happy, the convenient delivery service made it fantastic, I will most definitely be returning for all my car rental needs!

sanjuanitaj
12/3/15

Please be advised that I hired a car from Economybookings in July 2015 and was very impressed with both the quality of the car and service. Many thanks and regards!

curtiss22
12/2/15

Thank you so very much for the great service!! You did a great job and your prices were very good!

jaimek15
12/2/15

Hola!Just wanted to say "Gracias" for your good service.It was a pleasure to rent our car from you, and we will recommend you to our friends

lesliew22
12/2/15

If you want reliability, integrity and efficient service, there is only one person who comes to mind when it comes to hiring a car. I have been using Economybookings for approximately 2 years now and would have it no other way.

jerryh56
12/2/15

Perfekt service - I only can recommend you as reliable partner and friend since years !!

monicag16
12/2/15

Thank you very much for your excellent assistance, you guys truly went out of your way for me! Will always use Economybookings!

sharis16
11/30/15

It is so pleasant to work with a company, who has in place such a good follow-up program for its clients. I truly appreciate you friendly demeanor and continued email advice and update information.

davidp171
11/30/15

This was the second time I visited North Cyprus and the second time I did business with Economybookings. I am satisfied with the customer service given, as well as the overall pricing structure.

renatob3
11/30/15

Thanks for an efficient, courteous and fast service. Above all we need to say that service was good value for money. A friend of ours who had visited the island of North Cyprus recommended the company and now we know why.

laural72
11/26/15

Excellent service at Figueroa Enterprise in Downtown LA and also great service from economybookings staff. Thank you both!!

robind35
11/23/15

Easy to book, new car model, clean, fast service, value for money, friendly staff, punctuality delivery

marions27
11/23/15

This was first time we made reservation trough economybookings.com, and we are very satisfied because it is easy, safe and transparent.
At rent a car company we did not get the identical car that we booked, but we got a car in the same class and diesel which are normally charge extra. Car was new and tidy, we had no problems with it. The only thing I would mention as a remark is a long time need to pick up car, about one and half hour, the reservation and all the paperwork (credit card deposit, driver info,...) we done a few days earlier, so this was really a bit long. Returning car was quickly and easily process. Staff helpful and polite. On the end would recommend.

lewisd17
11/23/15

I'm a regular user of rental cars and i'd have to say that economybookings provide an excellent service. I couldn't recommend the service highly enough

caraw9
11/19/15

So dodgy. They charged me when a car wasn't available and they won't refund the money.

isabellec3
11/17/15

Cheap and fast service but be careful about existing scratches of the car. If you did not sign the existing scratches you need to pay them later as normal

tadw2
11/16/15

They said I'd pay $181.66, but charged $440.72, and have not responded to multiple attempts to resolve the issue.

marions26
11/15/15

I found the best price for the car i needed in my vacations in firefly.Easy to pickup the car,easy to drop down.Economic car in good condition.Generaly value for the money i pay

juliec66
11/15/15

This was one of the cheapest quotes yet included unlimited mileage and a low collision damage excess so already a winning combination.
On the day I arrived 2 hours earlier than booked but Dollar/Thrifty accommodated my request to change the pickup time (as long as I brought it back the same time on the return date).
I wasn't told that there are toll roads in Canada and these toll will incur an administrative overhead of $15 but if you pay online for them (within 1 week) and show Dollar/Thrifty the receipt you will not incur this admin charge
Also strange is that they charge you for a full tank of fuel (and you return it empty).... well I was charged $70 but actually it only costs 45 to fill from empty which was a bit of a cheek but overall it was still best value

josephh65
11/14/15

I changed my booking and was charged the full amount in advance despite not authorising this and being told it was pay on arrival. I had to change the booking again and instead of transferring the money already paid they said I would get a refund and pay on arrival. I'm still waiting for my refund over a month since being told I would get one and subsequent emails have been ignored! Awful customer service will raise an investigation with my bank against them to get my refund!

stanm24
11/13/15

prices are not real!! they charge more after you paid. if you want to cancel they take 33€ .
when you call them, they lie. take twice the price!

Tip for consumers: stay far away from them!!!!

carolinet12
11/9/15

I have been waiting for a refund since the end of my holiday 23/9/15. I have phoned, emailed many times and never get a response. After being cut off 3 times this morning waiting to speak to Alex, I finally got told that I won't be having my refund excess back because I didn't have an accident. I was told when I booked it that it was a refundable excess and that I would get the money back 87 euros. Alex just continued to say that I won't get it back and when I asked why he actually said he didn't know!! I would never use them again, I am absolutely fuming.

davidt144
11/8/15

I rented a car through Economy Booking and would never deal with this comoany again. When I arrived to pick up the car, the rental company advised that they accept only 'USA creidt cards' - mine is an international card accepted in every country in the world. When I contacted Economy Booking, I found their US telephone number had been cancelled, then realised the company is located in Latvia and has an office in Russia. It proved to be a bad combination for obtaining a reimbursement. There are too many good brokers and agencies that there is no reason to gamble on one such as this.

matthewb75
11/7/15

To Economybookings, Hi thank you for all your help with renting my car & making my trip wonderful. Thanks

josephf47
11/7/15

I am particularly grateful that the pricing includes everything, including the insurance, as unexpected prices can always be a difficult issue for non native speakers to comprehend. We look forward to a continuing relationship in the coming years.

cherryb10
11/7/15

Your firm and staff demonstrated patience, willingness to go out of their way to make things look easy and the promptness associated with their service is exemplary. It is really a pleasure to associate with such good people and I truly would recommend your firm to some of my business colleagues.

jamesr156
10/30/15

I would recommend Economybookings to anyone who would like to drive some of the finest cars out there along with great customer service.

rosieo1
10/30/15

Thank you for your help in scheduling – and re-scheduling. It is difficult for us to coordinate days off work and daycare, so your flexibility was much appreciated.

elishag12
10/29/15

I am disgusted by their practice. They will make you think you've got the best rate then after you've book it without the cancellation option, only will you see how much taxes and fees are on top of the rental. They will not tell you that the quoted price does not include taxes and fees. You will be better off going directly to the actual car rental's website and booking directly where you'll get a true total quote upfront. Will never use them again and never recommend.

23 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
6 days ago
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Answer
leroyp9
A: I am just sharing the terrible situation that I experienced using economybooking.com to rent a car.
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
EconomyBookings?