US Government's NSF

Riga, LV 1046
support@bookinggroup.com

122 Reviews for EconomyBookings

Review Highlights

I booked a car with them and everything seemed well at the moment.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/13/14

Avoid this company!! They promised a rental car from a "top tier" rental firm at Heathrow, and when we received our booking confirmation, it was with a 2nd-rate company that was off-site and for which you have to pay for a bus to get there. When we immediately asked them to cancel, based on the false information provided, they canceled the reservation, but kept our £14 deposit. Don't ever use them!

6/24/14

absolutely not honest. I booked a car for 315 euros and they converted one day after, automatically, the price to 460 euros because they had not anymore my car, WHITHOUT SAY ME ANYTHING!! if I would not notice this operation (and I done this after read on various forum about this company..), I would had a worst surprise at desk rent car. First and last time I use your service, I will report this site on many trip forum's

6/12/14

made a reservation, they listed several car companies and when they confirmed I had a reservation they did not even list the name of a car company to pick up the car at... that made me suspicious. Tried to call .... the phone number they list is unreachable. Tried to click on the cancel.. they say you can cancel but upon clicking on cancel nothing happened. this company is a big fraud. The company listed the price in Dollars but charged rate in Euros...

6/4/14

Thieves. Not only do they not respond but they are liars, luckily my credit card took big steps and blocked the FIVE payments they were trying to withdraw . They ARE BASED IN LATVIA, The credit card company said they are suspicious and trying to build up and small reputation so as to trick others, but the main thing is they have YOUR credit card details in LATVIA. DO NOT USE. They quoted me $523 then tried to take another $2455 in "extras" .Srptick to the main companies in safe countries.

5/28/14

Très bon service, réservé pour les trois dernières années et sans faille
Je recommande vivement Economybookings pour ceux qui réservent une location de voiture

5/27/14

BIGGEST FRAUDSTERS!!!. My car had gone in for repairs and I could not get a courtesy car from my insurance so I decided to rent a car for the 6 days that my car would be in for repairs. Literally minutes after transacting with economybookings.com, I got a call from my insurance to say they would offer me a rental for the time in which I did not have a car. I tried to cancel the transaction and to my horror I was being charged a ridiculous cancellation fee. Should there not be some rule that cancellations made on the same day as the reservation or within 48hrs should not be charged? I do wish I would have read the reviews before giving my credit card details away. My wish is to save someone else, DO NOT USE ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM. There is nothing economical about them

5/27/14

very impressed!!! I'm a regular customer and have rented cars from various locations in Europe. I'm always happy with the service so always come back.

5/26/14

Very disappointing...
When I picked up the car at Seville Airport, I was confronted with another €40 for out of office hours payment and another €40 for return location (Malaga) being different then pick up.
Both these details (pickup time and return location) had been filled in at their site to get a qoute, but only after having made the payment in the confirmation details, somewhere between the lines they start to speak about these extra cost.

5/23/14

Reliable and Good Communicators

Have been using them for years, good reliable service and excellent for calling back, also competitive

5/23/14

First Class service and very easy to book

This was the easiest car hire company that we have booked a car through the service first class 10 out of 10

5/22/14

Back again for another car......

I've used this service before to hire a car, some of the best rates and very clear about what is included and what's not, which is not always the case on some sites. Very easy, quick and trouble free booking.

5/21/14

I allways book with economybookings because when I collect I get no hassel because of the easy to use booking procedure I have everything that I want and need .
Also the price I pay cannot be beaten

5/18/14

****BE VERY VERY CAREFUL*** This company offered a very good and attractive rate, once I made the reservation they change the car model and size which I booked, because the vahicle was too small for my family group, they offered the original size of vehicle for a double of price, then I decided to cancel the booking and they charged me $34 as "cancellation fee". In no where they mentioned any cancellation fee, unless we read "terms" in the small letter contract. I rented many times vehicles whiout this kind of tricky ways.
***THEY ARE SCAMER***

5/17/14

Réservation facile ... J'étais inquiet de la réservation en ligne, mais il était si facile que je chercherais à utiliser cette société la prochaine fois que nous voulons une voiture de location.

5/16/14

Good company to deal with, I have used this company for the last few years and always find them to be very helpful

5/16/14

I used this company last year and everything was seamless.
When booking again for next year the help and advice I was given was excellent.

5/15/14

Easy, reliable and cost effective service.

Have used economy bookings on many previous trips. I have never found anywhere cheaper and the customer service is excellent. The website is well informed choices to ensure that you get exactly what you need.

5/15/14

Wish all car hire company's were like this!!!

The best hire car company I've ever used. Everything was so easy! I will definitely use them again!

4/27/14

Company are scammers. Booked a car as then received email to say that car wasn't available and it was another car and the price had increased. I didn't want the other car offered so declined it. Tried for 5 hours to reach them on the phone - no answer. They charged me a cancelation fee - which changed twice, for NO service at all. Terrible customer service. Only want money.

4/21/14

No hassles at all. Excellent price. Great vehicle. Would definitely use again. Got a corolla which was exactly what I wanted. Very easy process. Great car.

3/31/14

It seemed like a good deal until I received a confirmation email stating I would need to print and present vouchers to the car rental desk as proof of my purchase. (So I need to prove to the company that I reserved and paid for a car, it's not going to be in their computer?) This prompted me to do some digging on line and I didn't like what I was reading about being shuttled to an off airport location, prices changing at the counter, extra fees etc. You can see examples here on this site. I cancelled my reservation immediately, within hours of making it, only to notice later that there was a charge of $12.74 on my credit card. A call to customer service explained this was their cancellation protection policy fee. I was also told, if I didn't have that cancellation policy, I would have been charged $30 instead of $12!! WTF?? That's really funny since there was no prompt during the reservation process for me to accept or decline cancellation protection in the first place. Stay away from this place, they're in to gouging you at every turn. Hope my $12.74 was worth the crappy review it got you Economy Bookings.

3/29/14

The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful.
The setup is very easy to get to your car and to return car. I will be using Economybookings next June! Also the man that drove the shuttle bus to and from the car rental and terminal was very nice and helpful!

3/29/14

For the first time after renting from several car hire companies over a period of 30 years I drove the car I hired. Most times I get a car I did not hire or the firm has nothing left in the line of cars ordered.

3/29/14

I had a great experience with hiring a car for this trip. The counterman was courteous and experienced and answered all my questions. The car needed a windshield wiper which I bought at Petboys and they reimbursed me for it when I returned the car. I would definitely go with Dollar Rentacar again. They were wonderful. The car was good on gas and rode very smoothly. I will deal with Dollar Rent-a-car again. Was a very wonderful experience!!

3/26/14

Do not use a scam.
You get quoted one price only to reach your destination and get quote another price 3 times more.
Had a holiday to Jamaica got there the balance for the car hire was over £1000 even though I contacted Economy bookings who confirmed the balance and never once told me additional charges would be apply in JA. They told me to look at the small print and would not refund deposit. The website is very misleading to as your think all the insurance ect is included its not. Do not use.

3/23/14

The car was in excellent condition. Good and quick check in and check out.
Would go there the next time.

3/19/14

It was easy to rent the car from internet and suddenly we got much better car than I expected. The service was proffessional and fast and everything went smootly. There was transportation waiting for us in the airport when we arrived and we got a lift also for departure. Personnel was frienly and I felt myself safe with them. For sure I would and will use there services during my next journey.

3/19/14

Surfing over the web and looking for a favorable car rental in Florida from Fox for three weeks I finally found a good deal on economybookings.com No any other similar website could provide the better deal. Fox company service was impressive as well – we picked a low mileage car in a good condition up, quickly finished paperwork and used it with no trouble all through three weeks. Drop off procedure was also quick and hassle free. I'd recommend economybookings.com to anyone, I have no doubt about it.

3/16/14

I had a pretty flawless experience with Economybookings. The car was ready on-time, the tank full, got the 4-door I needed with an automatic transmission (a must for this American driving in Australia!). The only minor drawback was the GPS I rented. It was outdated and added an additional $11.50 per day to the rental. Otherwise, not a worry to be had.

3/16/14

It was so easy to organise the rental of my car online though Economybookings. The price was outstanding. The response to my questions online was so quick and all of my questions were answered thoroughly. Also the 24hour phone line was so convenient for us. Everything went smoothly from online rental, booking information via email and finally how easy it was to actually pick up the car. Will use again and have already referred to friends. Very happy cusotmer.

3/11/14

My wife booked a car through your site and was directed to Brisbane bargain rent a car. She booked an intermediate vw jetta or similar. She collected the car today in Queensland was given a Toyota Camry 2002 with 180000kms. This is a disgrace and deceptive advertising. The car image was a modern current car what was supplied certainly wasn't similar. A rip off and $90 dearer than dealing direct with car rental site given it's the equivalent of rent a bomb. Deceptive and very poor to deal with.

3/3/14

from internet, i was paying for 88 euros and while i was filling with my credit card details the price went up to 113 - while i was signining for the contract at the airport the price went up even more because the policy is that the client pays for a full tank at their price even though the person is sure that he is not going to use the full tank for the all period of rental. last trap i fell with the agent economybookings.com was that once driving the car i realized that the full tank i paid for was instead 7/8 of the tank so i had to go back to the airport, the operator at the airport parking said that the car i rented had an electrical problem which showed 7/8 of the full tank (a new car pegeout 208). once the rent contract ended, i wrote to them to ask for a refund of half tank (i left half tank of petrol in the car + 1/8 ), but they did not answred yet.

3/2/14

This is a real scam. Once and never again! We've been taken as hostage and racketed.
We booked a car in Miami for 6 weeks and prepaid the rental. We were sent to Fox USA rent a car. When we showed our voucher to Fox Rent a Car, we were told that no insurance whatsoever was included in the prepaid amount. Either we pay the insurance for $30/day or we can forget the car and the prepaid amount. We argued and argued. The insurance happens to be even more expensive than the rental itself. In total we had to pay twice what this rental would have cost us with another booking company. We registered a claim/complaint with economybookings.com but they don't even answer us

2/22/14

Do not use this service!!!! Reserved a car in Brussels, took the confirmed rental contract and voucher to the rental location and no car was available!!! Had to pay 3 times more than quoted and paid for in advance! I was assured the difference would be refunded to my Visa and still fighting with them 2 months later. I would NEVER use this service ever again. I travel all around the world for business and this is by far the worst travel experience I have bver had!

2/19/14

This is either the most unprofessional website in the world or just a big fraud. Several hours after booking, they will not confirm whether your booking is processed or not. Nor will they confirm what company you are renting from. They also add "airport pick up charges" to a rental in the center of town. All you get from their website is that your booking is "Pending". And this is after you have given credit card details and confirmed.
Do not ever give these people your credit card number!

2/14/14

Karen Stern IF YOU LIVE IN USA DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! Their web page states that local taxes are included in the rental price! THEY ARE NOT! We were charged an additional $74.40 in taxes upon picking up our car. Of course we had to pay it or lose the prepaid rental charge! In addition a international service charge for this transaction was added to our credit card, to do business with this company. AND just try to even get in touch with them.....going on 45 minutes at two different numbers...NO ANSWER.

2/6/14

This is a scam, stay away!
After the price is quoted and the deposit charged they inform you that to get the car you booked you have to pay 30% more.

1/20/14

I have never rented before and this was very simple and good value. Only problems were getting fuel early in the morning, prior to return. Also pickup location was difficult to find as we needed to board a shuttle bus from the airport.

1/19/14

The car was in a good shape and the service was great. They also offered the best choice of car and could change the car during the rental time. It was a great service.

1/18/14

This was a totally enjoyable experience for my first visit to Germany and also my first use of rental cars. The service went above and beyond what I had expected, due to my flight being 5 hours delayed, and I was made very welcomed throughout the handover. The staff were very friendly, helpful and sympathetic to our lateness picking up the car as well which helped settle us for the rest of our evening. I would highly recommend them due to the high standard of vehicle which we received and the assistance we also received to find our way around the local highways. It was an absolute pleasure to be so well looked after and the car, a Seat Leon, was the drive i had experienced in a very long time.

1/17/14

I've used economy booking for my booking of a rental car in Bergamo, my confirmation from economy booking was 248euro, and I've been invoice and they ( SIXT ) take from my card 335euro. That's absolutely not honest. I will never use again this service

1/17/14

We had a good trip and much of it was due to our experience with a friendly staff and honest advise about the cars, the trip driving in a foreign country... Everything! We'll use Economybookingsevery time from now on.

1/17/14

Very good car and a very good service. The guy who handed over the car was very frindly and helped us with the directions to find hotel and supermarkets and the best beaches in the island. Good service.

1/12/14

This was by far the best rental value we have investigated and chosen. The car was a modern Dodge Caravan which was brilliant. Especially importatnt as we were on a road trip- and the service staff were always helpful and knowledgeable. The sat nav which was included in the price was a must for a trip to the States. Will have no hesitation in recommending 'rentalcars now' to any travellers.

1/12/14

First time user. User friendly site. This site gave us best price. No hidden fees. Local rental company gave us excellent service. Car renters were very nice and knowlageble. Highly reccomend this site to other users.

1/11/14

I was given a well kept and good conditioned car. It was very smooth and easy to handle once I get used to it though it would be good if the operator explained or show to me the basic operation of the car.

1/5/14

The only downside of my experience was the free bus transfer to and from the terminal which was a painfully long wait on both occasions.

12/31/13

I am an American living in Japan, and I paid for a rental car in the U.S. When I got the voucher, it said in small print that I couldn't use an American driver's license. I was never informed of this before payment. When I contacted the company, they told me to get an International driver's license, saying that it was easy to do. I do not have half a day and $30 to waste getting a license I wouldn't otherwise need, so I asked them to cancel the reservation. They insisted on charging me 34 dollars in spite of their negligence. I certainly would not recommend using this site.

12/12/13

Took 30 mins from walking through the door to driving off in the car, however the service was still great.

12/7/13

I have used Economybookings many times, when I have hired cars in many countries in Europe and have been always very satisfied . Last summer I caused accidentally a little damage to the hire car . I made and sent all necessary documents to Economybookings and after their processing they refunded to me the excess amount. The most important thing is, that you make a good damage report with attachments, they need to.

The Best Car Rental Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber