US Government's NSF

Categories: Car Rental
Lielirbes Street 17a
Riga, Riga LV 1046, Latvia
support@bookinggroup.com

People interested in EconomyBookings are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 285 reviews)

williamf50

Good customer service, great price, definitely recommend to others keep up the good job guys. (in 34 reviews)

willyg11

We have used Booking Group over 8 years now and have always had a 1st class service. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

timj42
8/28/15

I paid to rent a car through economybookings.com last April 2015. The rental agency would not honor the paid voucher from economybookings.com. I had to rent a vehicle on the spot at a much higher rate. It took me two months to get a partial refund for my paid voucher and now (August 2015) they won't respond to why they won't give me a full refund.
Beware! They will gladly charge your credit card, but good luck if the rental agency they book through doesn't honor it. What seemed like a deal too good to be true...is.

cejanad
8/27/15

I used EconomyBookings to rent car with FlightCar in San Francisco, for 11 days in July 2015. Additionaly, I purchased and was charged right away on my credit card for the Full Excess Protection Insurance that EconomyBookings offers for $18/day. At the time of pick up, FlightCar refused to accept the insurance we had already purchased. I contacted EconomyBookings on the phone, to ask for a cancellation of the "insurance", and after waiting for 30 minutes to speak to a person, I was told that I had to email my problem to customer service, who would get back to me in 28 days. I had to option but to buy another insurance with FlightCar, otherwise they would not allow us to pick up their car. After 28 days, EconomyBookings answered my email. This is their response below, and as you can see they clearly state that Full Excess Protection Insurance is not insurance. Can someone explain how this company is still operating??? Please read their email below and help me understand how insurance is sold as insurance but it is not insurance??! Next step is to reverse credit card charges if possible.

"During the booking process, you have chosen an extra option from Booking Group company - the Full Excess protection insurance 134.20 USD

Booking Group Full Excess Protection is not insurance, it is a policy that protects you against excess charges applied by the car rental company. In case of an insurable event occurs during your rental period, Booking Group covers you excess up to the amount of 3000 EUR.​

Please note, that Full Excess Protection do not contradict or replace any insurances from the rental company. This is only company's Booking Group product and service.

PRIMARY DRIVER CREDIT CARD PREAUTHORIZATION
At time of pick up you will be required to leave a deposit to cover the value of the insurance excess. Usually it takes the form of an amount (minimum: excess+fuel+vat) being blocked on an international credit card in the name of the primary driver (cash deposits, maestro, switch visa electron and debit cards are not accepted).
The blocked amount will be returned in full at the end of the rental provided the vehicle is returned in the same condition as rented.
Security Deposit is 300.00 USD for domestic renters, and the 500.00 USD for international renters.
Excess (damage and theft) for car groups is: 2500.00 USD.
There is an opportunity to purchase a super insurance, to minimize the excess:
Insurance Plus: $9 per rental day. Reduces your liability for collision and comprehensive claims to a maximum of $2,500 – which means that the most you will pay out-of-pocket for any damage is $2,500 (in addition to any deductible with your own insurance, should you choose to use it as primary coverage). This package also covers all FlightCar authorized towing expenses related to a collision and comprehensive claim, as well as the use of a different vehicle (you must collect the alternate vehicle at your original pickup location).
Insurance Premium: $18 per rental day. Includes the benefits of the “Plus” package except your maximum liability is reduced to $500.

​According to the Booking Group company's policy,
11.2. Full Excess Protection has to be purchased prior to the start of the rental, the cover begins on the specified pick up date and ends when the rental car is returned. Please note that you can cancel Full Excess Protection no later than 48 hours before the start of your rental. If you cancel Full Excess Protection later than 48 hours before it starts or after the rental period has started, you won't get a refund.

​According to the terms & conditions of the rental company, stated in your voucher, it is mandatory to leave a security deposit upon arrival and cover the voucher price. Otherwise, you may cover a supplementary insurance, to reduce the amount of the excess.​

​Therefore, in line with the information mentioned above, in accordance to the terms & conditions and rental requirements of rental company and terms & conditions of Booking Group company, no refund can be applied.

With kind regards,

michaels301
8/26/15

In total, I can only recommend Economybookings car rental though. I would always use them as my first choice when coming to the island.

christopherj32
8/26/15

I booked the Economybookings and the car reached me the next day right on time. The car was well cleaned and exactly the way i expected it to be. highly recommend Economybookings for your car rental bookings.

michellep55
8/26/15

The car was cleaned and delivered on time at the agreed location! Will rent from Economybookings again at my next visit. Thanks again for everything!

alfredoh13
8/26/15

Best rental car experience yet. I've rented a car in Bari, Italy and Belfast, N. Ireland before both from big companies. Economybookings were amazing. Really friendly, helpful and flexible. I would definitely recommend them to family and friends.

dc95
8/22/15

When I rented a car with them the paper in bold letters said "Total to pay on arrival" and the amount. After I read this, I concluded that the figure was what I would have to pay when I picked up the car because all other rental companies give you the "Total" figure which includes the rental and the fees and taxes. When I went to the airport they charged me almost 50% more because the "Total to pay on arrival" was not the figure because EconomyBookings gave me the deceptive figure which did not cover taxes and fees. When they say "Total to pay on arrival" it should include the total charges which I would have to pay. Of course they have this deceptive practice because it makes their charges seem less than other competitions. Never use this booking site.

Tip for consumers: Read all the fine prints.

gaylel2
8/20/15

Yes!!! I have been asking for a refund for a month and have had NO response whatsoever!!! I am getting ready to up the pressure on you guys!! What the heck!!!!???? What kind of operation are you running?!?!?

desireec4
8/20/15

Keep up the good work & if i know of anyone wanting to hire a car i am going to recommend you to them.

lucillea1
8/20/15

This was the first time I used your services and I just want to say how pleased I was. The car was ready, the car was suitable, the pickup and return were easy and the price was unbelievable. I am passing your contact info to other friends who are traveling to Las Vegas.

patrickt37
8/20/15

I’m the type of person that asks 101 questions. They had 101 answers. Good enough for me.

whittakers
8/20/15

I was really impressed with both the cost of the vehicle and the efficency of the staff. I will certainly be using your services again next time I visit the Las Vegas!

leec44
8/17/15

I rented a car in St Marten with Economy Bookings. Big Mistake !! They slip in after the fact a $134.40 extra charge called REFUNDABLE EXCESS. You don't hear about it until you have made the booking. It leads you to believe that if there isn't any additional charges such as a traffic violation or some other late after the fact charge you will receive the money back. NOPE, NOT CORRECT !! It is a rip-off that they cover up with a lot of B.S. and refer it as being an insurance policy. Of course you don't know about that until you call and ask about your refund. It's then they tell you about this great insurance policy you purchased without your knowledge. TOO LATE YOU"RE SCREWED. NO REFUNDABLE EXCESS.

er4810
8/17/15

I booked a car through this site and received a voucher number, confirmation number ... the whole nine yards for a rental company in my destination city. However, upon arrival, the rental company told me there was NO RECORD of my reservation and that they had, in fact, stopped dealing with third-party bookers awhile ago. The rep was surprised they could even have made a reservation with them. Alas, there were no cars to be had. This was with FlightCar.

I called economybookings.com and they gave me and the rental car company (their rep called EB.com, too) the total runaround. When I said I wanted to be refunded their "deposit" of $38.00 because of their screw-up, they told me I would have to write a letter to the customer service center explaining the situation. The woman on the phone was THE WORST, MOST RUDE "customer service" individual I have EVER had the unfortunate displeasure to deal with.

Excuse me?! The reservation the company took via computer, along with this "deposit," couldn't be reversed and credited via computer? This company knows full well few people are going to take the time to follow through with such a RIDICULOUS and archaic refund procedure, and I bet this is how they make a good deal of money. I have since learned that other EcomonyBookings.com customers were booked with FlightCar and, upon arrival, there were no cars for them, either. The dealings between these two companies have left at least two people stranded in their destination cities who then have to pay at least twice the rate with another rental company. I would bet lots of cash that EB.com and FlightCar are in shady biz together.

EconomyBookings.com should be avoided at all costs. I'm irritated that I can't leave anything less than one star.

davidw251
8/16/15

Improve you cancellation policy!!
I made this reservation to drive to Nebraska for my daughter's funeral the day before I was going to leaving. Found out the day I would leave that the funeral arrangements had not been secured as I thought the day the reservation was made. When I called to cancel -the booking was cancelled but never told that I would still be charged the $158.00 that I had charged to my credit card. If nothing else I would have picked the car up and kept it for the time that it was rented if I had known that I was paying for it anyway. Dollar Rental Car is a partner in a scam. Remember you Reap what you Sow!!!

maureenf7
8/11/15

I used Economy Bookings to reserve a mini van for our family of six when visiting San Francisco. Because I had read a few negative reviews, I called them to make extra sure there would be a mini van available. I was told there definitely would be. Then, upon noticing that only 100 miles a day were allowed on the car, I called again to ask how much per mile it would be once the 100 miles is gone over (we traveled to yosemite and Sequois so I knew we would go over the amount allowed). I was told 14 cents per mile. Well when we got dropped off at the rental site, FLIGHTCAR, we were told that not only was there no mini van but they had no cars whatsoever to fit five people. And because there were no minivans available at any other rental companies, we were forced to squeeze into a five passenger vehicle. My kids were not happy to sit four across on one seat, with one not buckled because it was a seat meant for three. We got no discount for our inconvenience, and were charged 45 cents/mile over the allotted 100 miles per day. We will NEVER use economy bookings again. I'd advise anyone reading this to not trust them either. Unless you are just one or two people and will be happy with whatever car they have for you...if you have specific needs, do not trust them!

ashb10
8/9/15

When booked the car they said 'UNLIMITED mileage' everyday after I paid the money off and booked the car the email we received had some link to voucher that needed to be print off to get the car it said '150 miles per day for UK Citizens'. When I rang to enquire about this the customer service person said and I quote: 'Yes its right its 150 miles for UK citizens and he doesn't know why it does not say on website when you are booking the car'. Asked for what should I do as I have paid all the plans and booked hotels guess what he said? 'Cancel the booking if you dont want it but thats how it works'.

WORST CUSTOMER SERVICE EXPERIENCE EVER and WORST COMPANY. USE THEM ONLY IF YOU WANT TO RUIN YOUR PLANS

ljubisau
8/9/15

Avoid in any case economybooking for car renting. They are real cheaters - they are debiting ones credit card for something they call "paying in advance" what is not mentioned anywhere and not paying it back even at regular cancelling. Unashamed!
It is a pity that there is no option of selecting ZERO stars!

williamf50
8/6/15

I Had a great experience with Economybookings. Good customer service, great price, definitely recommend to others keep up the good job guys. God Bless

karenp56
8/6/15

We loved the service we got when renting our car. Great price! Friendly service! We will definitely rent from Economybookings again when we return to Jamaica!

sherylh5
8/6/15

Was fantastic. Well set out and very comfortable. The automatic transmission on the Nissan Blue Bird Petrol consumption on average to But overall a fun car to drive, Thank you very much !!

victoriaw20
8/6/15

Its a very good car rental service. The car I got was in very good condition and I would recommend this service to anyone local or abroad. Big Up Economybookings.

rebeccab51
8/6/15

Professional service like no other, that will propel you to be a cut above the rest!!! Wishing you success in your new venture.

edr32
8/4/15

I have nothing but good things to say about this rental company, and you will too! I just wish I didn't have to give the car back, it was a really nice car!!

osamab2
8/3/15

after cancelling my rental car, I am still waiting for my refund after 24 days. If you call them, they will say it takes 45 days, seems to be a shady outfit. Beware. they are based in Latvia, no US protections.

panamolism
7/30/15

I had booked my car through economycarrentals and found a really good deal when compared to other websites. I was worried when I read some negative reviews but apparently all went well when we went to take our car at San Frans downtown. I have further booked 2 vehicles for a day trip for my colleagues and all went well. Just a note that road side assistance is not covered for in the package and the car rental co will ask if you wish to add that in.

marci229
7/30/15

I used their service to rent a vehicle in SJC - San Jose, California USA airport location. I needed a minivan, and rates through EconomyBookings were significanlty less than anywhere else. I was a little wary of their voucher system, but everyting worked out great. I even used their phone support to get a question answered and make the reservation while I was at it - they were helpful as well. I am about to make another reservation - it appears that through EcononmyBookings the "out-the-door" cost will be only 42% of the cost of booking with the rental company directly - score!

pamelae10
7/30/15

Recommended - no hassle, good service. Got better car than expected. Payment easy. Will use this service next time when I need to rent a car

ab2783
7/29/15

For nearly 2 months I have been attempting to get a refund from this organisation. After booking a vehicle through them I checked with the rental company direct to confirm the price quoted. It was nearly twice as much because of unstated additional charges. The Economy booking website is misleading and downright deceptive when it comes to identifying and listing additional charges. I then cancelled but was advised of a cancellation fee of virtually all my deposit. I have complained about this because the actual car rental company does NOT charge cancellation fees so neither should Economy rentals. More importantly they DO NOT add any value to the booking process. I found by contacting a few rental companies direct and comparing rates I could get a vehicle cheaper by negotiating myself. Recommendation. Never ever use this expensive and rip-off company

velettam
7/29/15

I booked a vehicle through them, when I got to their office, was told they overbooked and had booked me with another company at DOUBLE THE PRICE, I was quoted with them. I was stuck in Boston, with no other choice...DO NOT DEAL WITH THESE PEOPLE, the guy at the office told me, there was nothing they could do, and stated, TAKE IT OR LEAVE IT....BIG RIP OFF...THEY HAD MY DEPOSIT (WHICH I AM DISPUTING) AND THEY COULD CARE LESS....

putneyp
7/29/15

On the face of it this online car hire company looks like great value. But beware, it really isn't. Recently booked a car to collect at Faro and drop off at Lisbon. Made the two destinations very clear and they offered me a complete price, with nothing to pay at the rental desk. Was very irritated on the way by having to opt out of extras - that's sharp practice. Got my voucher only to be told that I would have to pay up to €170 to the car company to cover costs of using two destinations - something that I had specifically covered in my application. This would have made the cost of the booking significantly more expensive than the competition, so no wonder they wait until you have confirmed with your credit card before they tell you!!!

The next day I sent an email asking to cancel the booking, only to be told that they will hang on to my money for 45 days.

Feeling really good about these guys......

nopek
7/27/15

I booked a car withrough this group and pre booked my excess insurance but when i arrived at my pick up they would not accept my access insurance and i had to pay 18 euro a day on top of the £130 i had already paid to group booking. When I came home i sent an email to them and got a statement back not an answer but a staement quoting i could have cancelled this prepaid before i went How can you cancel something you have been sold that you may need without been aware that the car rental comapny do not accept their excess cover DO NOT USE THIS COMAPNY

nickg45
7/26/15

Firstly watch out for the extra button which you have to opt out rather than opt in.

Claimed that the car rental company was on site at the airport when actually we had to be transferred

Scheduled wrong time and when I called up I was blamed and told to phone the local company myself.

Staff member said " First of all you book the wrong time and then you don't want to listen to me" Very arrogant man called Martin

The local company did not know what i had to pay, when I called Ecomony Bookings to confirm there was a very unhelpful woman who clearly went to the same customer service course as Martin.

I will never use this company again. Very unprofessional

stephenr44
7/23/15

I placed my reservation months in advance, when I got to the airport I was told to call a number and someone would pick us up in 10/15 minutes. It took 25 minutes and the driver had not been told to pick us up, he was dropping people off. When we arrived at Economy Bookings location, which was a tacky hotel lobby, we were informed they had no car for our reservation, but they had mad a reservation at the airport counter of budget for us and they where covering the $223.24 difference, but we would have to take the bus back to the airport. Needless to say they did not cover the difference and the budget rep had no information on Economy Bookings or partial payment. I have since heard many horror stories of this company and I am still trying to recover the funds they charged my credit card as well as the difference I had to pay. You cannot talk with a person you have to contact them by email...Its all a very large disappointment and not an easy company to deal with. Do Not Rent from them! I had to give them 1 star to post this review but I would not even give them on star!

glorias16
7/23/15

First all many thanks for the service and help you gave me during my 2 month rental with Economybookings !!

crisc6
7/23/15

I went through the process of renting a car with them. Nevermore!
I authorised a transaction of 48.88£ and then I was charged for 50.51£.
I called them and they kept saying I was charged 48.88£ and I kept telling them I was charged 50.51£. They first tried to blame it on the extra voucher cost which were to be paid on collection and after a while they admitted that I was charged 50.51£ because the payment was in fact done in dollars as per their terms & conditions. I said that I didn't have anywhere during the booking process the double currency cost of the booking, the only currency ever shown to me being pounds. I told them I wasn't happy about that and that I wanted a refund. They said I needed to write an email asking for the refund, which I did immediately after speaking with them.

After not long I then received a confirmation email of the refund being accepted and processed but on the email there was no amount of the refund specified. Now being very wary I phoned them up again trying to understand what I should have expected.

They said that I was going to receive a full refund because I purchased the cancellation insurance policy. I said I was happy about that and that I wanted to be refunded for 50.51£ which is what I have paid with my cc.
At this point the person on the phone said that I would receive some 70 US Dollars which in pounds is around 36£ or something depending on the exchange rate.
I was by then raging! I do not care anymore about dollars, pounds or euros, especcially cause it is NOWHERE on my receipt the amount in dollars. I asked them to be refunded the exact amount paid by my which is 50.51£ no more and no less than that.
They kept saying that they charge in dollars as per T&C and so they will refund in dollars.

I have then asked to be put through a supervisor to discuss further and they did put me through to someone else that kept saying everything should be dealt with emails and not on the phone, and that they wanted proofs of my payment of 50.51£.
Even if them asking ME for proofs is very unprofessional and a very bad sign of customer service I did.

I didn't receive any reply to that. I would never use them again and I have already reviewed them on multiple website.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!

valerieg14
7/22/15

So i book a hotel in France (Chambers de Hotes A Lecole Buissonniere Honfluer) We are late due to Eurotunnel delays and traffic we receive a phone call saying they had cancelled the room. Booking.com are aware the proprietor does this sort of thing frequently and are still promoting this business.. I cannot get a refund from the hotel or booking.com. We arrive in France with nowhere to sleep, fortunately were able to book another hotel at 10.00pm.

jcarlosr
7/21/15

Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away! thief liers they said 20,000 locations around the world ...this is another web from UK...ONE MORE SCAM !!!!!!

johnb404
7/9/15

Car rental service was outstanding,car was cleaned properly and was good on gas.

cassandraj1
7/9/15

You guys were great! so much cheaper than everybody else!

sharonm87
7/9/15

Your cheap rates attracted me when I came in, and now that I have rented, I will be back for the cheap rates and the great service!

jamied39
7/9/15

Just to let you know, you guys are great,I love your service and your rates are amazing.

sudien
7/9/15

You guys took good care of me,and I will definitely do business with you again!

janetteb1
7/9/15

Thank you so much for working with me with the credit cards. I appreciate it more than you know.

donnag31

arthurg22
7/9/15

You have been a life saver. I have found a "new" but used car for myself.....but will use you guys in the future if ever I have any car rental needs. Thanks again for all your help

feliciag8
7/8/15

Highly recommend!! We rented one of their new Ford Transit vans and it was great. The reservation process was smooth and we were in and out of the off when we picked up the van.

lawrencep14
7/8/15

Great value for my rental. Great customer service.

samanthac34
7/8/15

I would advise against using a Car Hire broker in general and this company are the worst of the lot.

Firstly they made no indication that the transaction would be taken from my card in Euros. The quote was in GBP, everything on the site was I GBP and suddenly the transaction was in Euros landing me with a £7 fee from my card provider. If they'd been more transparent I could have used my foreign travel card and avoided this.

Second we paid €40 for out of hours pick up. The car was not there. 1am, 6 tired people and no car. We rang the car hire company (OK rent a car) who did not pick up so we called Economy Bookings emergency number. They refused to pay for a taxi to take us to our hotel or offer any reasonable advice so we were left €80 out of pocket for the whole experience.

All this company care about is taking your money - they don't care if it goes wrong afterwards. Do not use. Avoid at all costs.

larrya28
7/7/15

Just a quick note to say a very big THANK YOU to yourself and the driver for the very efficient service yesterday. Thank you very much for the good service and the friendly reception on our arrival.

11 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi
I am in Italy and i want to rent a car for 9 days. I have a doubt because i'm 23 years old, and the others rent car companies requires a pay extra for the age. We must pay this money with you? thanks for all
4/15/13
Add your answer
Q: Does anyone think it reasonable for this company to delay paying a refund for up to 45 days and rely on the fact that they do not need to abide with regulation and code of conduct present in other EU states. To refer customers to their terms on conditions alone and offer nothing further is morally wrong and not good business, does anyone have a view on this?
4/24/15
Answer
garyg32
A: In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.
4/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
EconomyBookings?