US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

josev17

I've been charged of an extra cost from the company I rented the car from. (in 248 reviews)

annak58

This will give you some idea of how serious these guys are about customer service! (in 27 reviews)

willyg11

We have used Booking Group over 8 years now and have always had a 1st class service. (in 14 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elenad14
7/2/15

Economy bookings are simply a reseller of car rental services who through their T&Cs have washed their hands clean if any discrepancies are there between what they've sold you and what you get from the actual car hire company. I hired a car in California which turned out I had to pay $140 on top as this wasn't included in the EconomyBookings sold price to me. After handling my complaint for 3 months they finally pointed to their messy T&Cs and said: deal with the car rental company! Terrible customer service based in Ukraine which only operates in EU business hours while selling services worldwide.

viviani1
6/30/15

So pleased that operations were all running smoothly, even though I rented on a holiday. Extremely impressed by the attentiveness and courtesy of the staff.

latoniab
6/30/15

You're my new best friend. Thank you for the tip and also for saving me over $175 on the Jeep Wrangler! I honestly don't travel much so I don't know all of the tips and tricks.
Can't thank you enough.

alberty4
6/30/15

You are my hero! I did call and they are actually crediting me about $22 for one day's rental. THANK YOU for suggesting that I call! I'm sure it saved me considerable hassle at the counter tomorrow. You get the gold star from me today.

wesleyg19
6/30/15

Thank you so much for going out of your way to help me. The Jeep will be less expensive and more fun.

johanw15
6/30/15

I have used Economybookings service several years now and in different countries and they have never let me down. Good cars best prices and the fact that you do not have to add any extra insurences is perfect for me.

jonasn4
6/30/15

I have used Economybookingsl service several years now and in different countries and they have never let me down. Good cars best prices and the fact that you do not have to add any extra insurences is perfect for me.

razvant2
6/26/15

They rented me a car in Valencia with drop-off in Barcelona, but when I got to the rental car they told me I must pay double because of different drop-off.

And then they told me that in their system (the rental company was GoldCard) I appear with some financial risk , yet they couldn't tell me what that is (perhaps a lower credit card limit or an unpaid traffic fine).

They charged me the entire amount , although they haven;t gave me any car.
Right now, after about 45 days, EconomyBookings responded to my complaint and told me that it is in their Terms & Conditions that they cannot refund me anything.

So I paid the full amount of the rental fee, although they refused to give me any car and that amount won't be refunded.

EconomyBookings are definitely the biggest scammers I have met to date.

bv16
6/22/15

I booked a car at Economybookings with a pick up and drop off on different locations. A total price was shown which was decent.
Afterwards the car rental company (Firefly) charged my credit card with a way larger amount than the price at EconomyBookings. They charged me extra because of the different pick up and drop off location. Economybookings says that is correct and is in the Terms and Conditions.
Economybookings already knew in advance that pick up and drop off were different, but they did not show that in their total price.
Conclusion: do not believe the total price they offer. Eventually the costs can be much higher.

lmacm
6/14/15

I booked to rent a car as the site guaranteed "cancel protection", which was specified as no charge for cancellation up until 48 hours of picking up the rental. I thought it was worth going through the trouble of booking as not to miss the low cost deal.
I looked for feedback online and found on 4 star reviews on Google. How wrong they were!
Two weeks before pickup I decided to cancel the booking. To begin with, it was really hard to find where to effectuate this process on their site. It says they only process cancellation when you write to reservations@bookinggroup.com.
They did reply fast, but that doesn't make them any less crooked! I demanded a full cancellation free of charge as was originally sold to me. They replied by sending me a policy different to the original which was on their site when I booked, specifically at the term that specifies how cancellation will or not be charged.
Here are the original terms on their site:

4.1.1. When canceling at least 48 hours in advance of your rental, EconomyBookings.com does not collect cancellation fee. Prepayment sum charged upon confirmation is refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.
4.1.2. When canceling less than 48 hours in advance of your rental, EconomyBookings.com charges 33 USD/37 CAD. The remaining amount is refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.

Here, the "revised" terms after I tried cancellation:

4.1.1. When canceling at least 48 hours in advance of your rental, administration charge of EUR 25/USD 33 is not refundable. If prepayment sum charged upon confirmation is greater than that, the rest balance will be refunded within 45 business days of the cancellation date.
4.1.2. When canceling less than 48 hours in advance of your rental, charge of the full prepayment amount is not refundable. The cost of Refundable Excess and Full Excess Protection extras will be refunded in full within 45 business days of the cancellation date.

Next, they (bookinggroup), replied saying they wouldn't charge me anything, but "economybookings" would charge me US$33.00 for cancelling (as if they weren't one and the same company). After I replied saying that I still demanded not to be charged because I had all the proofs that I was not due to pay any amount, they said I did not have the "cancel protection". Again, I have proof that I have cancel protection up until 48 hours of picking up the car - I have screen printed every page of the booking process showing this.
From that reply, I decided to block the payment in my credit card. I contacted my bank and to my horror I found out that I had already been charged US$176.51 from bookinggroup - US$9.42 dollars more than the full amount of the rental! Supposedly I had cancel protection up until 48 hours of pick up, so then surely this transaction was not to have taken place yet! I have obviously been a victim of an internet scam and I cannot believe that I had not read the full reviews. I would never have been in this position if I wasn't fooled by Google's "oracle" power of quickly showing me 4 star reviews for this scamming company, and I had actually opened up all the review sites and seen the real customers feedbacks.
I plead to everyone reading this DO NOT USE THIS SITE, avoid being a victim of these thieves!

shyamalendus
6/13/15

I reached Fox rental counter at Denver Airport on 14th May and they don't have any midsize suv. All jeep cherokee was recalled by company. So, I didn't take the car from Fox. Took a car from another rental company. Then I send 15 emails to support@bookinggroup.com asking for refund. After 2 weeks I get first reply that they are investigating. Another 2 weeks past. I am still sending email with the hope to get an answer and refund. Never experienced this kind of customer service. I am fully feed up. NEVER EVER BOOK A CAR FROM THEM. Refunds are so difficult to get. I still chasing the dream of getting back the refund. I feel that I am being cheated.

cm85
6/12/15

Sold me with the wrong information, very hard to get a response and would recommend to book directly with the main company you want to go with!! Worst I've came across yet!! Finally told me all the information I needed before booking on an email which said it wasnt refundable 3 weeks after I complained! AVOID!!!

alanm79
6/11/15

They managed to change my credit card for a different car, in a different country provided to some else. I also pointed out to them the faults on their website and offered to discuss this problem with them over the phone. Their reply was.............the booking left incomplete and we do not know anything about this try.... The sort of reply I would expect from a 3 year old! And they still have my money. BEWARE!!!

danielc95
6/10/15

Do not use them at all, they are outright scam. Booked a car on their website, paid a prepayment and on the day of collecting the rental car, I was being refused and had to be referred to another rental car company, I asked for refund from eoconomybookings.com and refused, stating reasons that I did not adhere to the rental company's terms and condition. I have never had any problems with Budget, Avis, Dollar. PLEASE PEOPLE, DO NOT USE ECONOMYBOOKINGS.COM

tomw74
6/10/15

I was charged Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of petrol and told to return the car empty. I do not like this in principle because one cannot return the car empty. It is a way to add a couple of Euro to the rental in free fuel for the Rental Agency. But Economybookings said that was the policy and the rental fee was attractive, so I agreed. So far so good, BUT:
• When I picked the vehicle up, it actually had less than 1/2 tank of fuel (about 7/16 in my case).
• From as empty a tank as I dared go I put in Euro 30 of fuel. This fills the tank to over 7/8 on the gauge,
When I pay for 1/2 tank of fuel, I expect to get 1/2 tank, not an excuse that "it is almost 1/2 full". When I pay Euro 30 for 1/2 tank of fuel I expect that is what 1/2 tank of fuel costs. In fact Euro 30 comes close to filling this car!
When I wrote to Economybookings about this, they did not even have the courtesy to respond. That is unacceptable.
In fact, the price was good, even with the overcharge on the fuel. But I would never rent with Economybooking again on principle. They simply do not have the courtesy to even respond to comments. This was also noted in some reviews I saw before renting from them, but I discounted them. I no longer do.
I WILL NEVER USE THIS COMPANY AGAIN.

billyb67

EXTEEM! SUCKAGE!

bettyc15
6/10/15

This was probably the most hassle-free car rental experience I have ever had, and I have had a lot over the years. The car I requested was available, and I was also given the chance to choose and alternative vehicle from another 3 which were available. I stuck with my original choice and the car was excellent. Can't honestly come up with any complaint whatsoever - a great all-round experience and will certainly be my company of choice for future car rental.

larryh53
6/10/15

Have used Economybookings previously so considered them again. The price they quoted was very good, and the communications (all on-line) were excellent. Everything went well at the subsequent rental, although US rental companies do need to sharpen up their customer service - not a reflection on Economybookings though.

markj105
6/10/15

The car was delivered to our hotel by a friendly and efficient man. We had no problem with the car and if we went to Greece again, we would not hesitate to use the same company.

frankr50
6/10/15

The reservation process was quick and easy and we were pleased with the result. There may be a slight margin in booking through this website rather than directly with the car company but there is far greater choice available and the certainty that there would be a suitable vehicle available.

jacqueliner14
6/10/15

Hired a Nissan Tiida off cutprice for my holiday last week. It was a great car, clean and tidy, ran well. Picked it up straight at the Orlando airport, didn't have to take a bus like the last company I used on the Orlando . Dropped it off back at the airport when I went home. All in all I'm very satisfied with Economybookings

evelynf2
6/10/15

I book a car from Economybookings in May this year. The staff were so nice and really helped out. I had some issues and we were able to move through with no problems or stress. I am very thankful to them for this. The car I hired was a Ford Mondeo and it was beautiful to drive.

georges123
6/10/15

We rented a car with then and everything is fine. We had a great time at the beach sitting next to it and had a great time. We rented for about 3 days and I never thought of having it that day but the service is good than I thought. The booking is just clicks away to your dream vacation. The personnel is also great because they know work ethics. If anyone like me who need a car to travel and doesn't have one maybe try booking at this site and enjoy your vacation. Service that you guarantee that you never thought.

theodoreg16
6/4/15

Have used Booking Group over 30 times during the last 5 years - never let us down, first class service with easy access to and from the Airport - keep it up!

willyg11

heatherm58
6/4/15

Good price and a very good car, nice comfortable and clean. Just what I aspect from your care service. I had a good experience with Booking Group!

alicel24
6/4/15

I'm a repeat customer, I keep coming back because the service always was great, and this is now what I expect. Keep it up, and send my regards to Alex.

joanh31
6/4/15

Excellent service, Excelent service from all members of staff, and website easy to use. Vehicles are very clean and tidy.

jackieg20
6/4/15

Got my BMW Z4 in Berlin and was quite satisfied with service, and a car)) I don't really know why are you having problems with this company. Thanks!

reginac9
6/4/15

This was an easy pleasant experience. The computer web site was easy to follow with no complications. The Economybookings staff were fantastic and I would certainly use them again. Perhaps one criticism may be that the website doesn't seem to indicate the hire company until you accept the quote. I would like to use Economybookings again in the future.

kims97
6/4/15

Rented a car from Frankfurt to Munich and got a free upgrade. Wanted to extend the days once I was on the road and just called Frankfurtand they said its okay. They unfortunately charged me twice - In Frankfurt and in Munich and when I pointed this out, they promptly refunded my money. I felt they were very helpful every step of the way and I will NEVER hire a car from anyone else other that Economybookings

richardm107
6/4/15

10 minutes to pick up the car and 10 minutes to drop her off - I would not ask for anything else - keep up the good work guys!!

lesterm25
6/4/15

No probs booking, collecting or returning the car. Was upgraded, at my option, to a better car for a very reasonable charge. The washer liquid ran out after 1 day, which was not good, but I gave them that feedback. That aside, good experience.

celiab7
6/4/15

I wanna say thank you to this company! Without you my holidays wouldn't be so cool! Thanks for fast service, and great cars!!!

ericg45
6/4/15

During great week I've spent in Chicago and was renting a car. If you also have plans to visit this city I would recommend you Economy bookings services. This company offers to book cars of all classes worldwide and I can say for myself, that I had a great car, which I picked up and returned on time.

raymondr13
6/4/15

I rented a car in San Francisco through Economybookings.com for the second time and both times my journey went great. One time i have problem with insurance, but once i come back home, i send email to them and customer service of company was solved my situation. I'm completely satisfied with their services.

rudolft1
6/4/15

When I'm going to rent a car, I always go to this website, because I know that I will always find great deals there, as with major companies, as with local less-known companies. The car's condition depends on the supplier as well as how far the pick up location from the airport is. But that doesn't have much to do with the website, what matters with them is to give you a wide choice of cars and provide easy booking process and they deal with it very well.

jasonh88
6/4/15

Easy booking process. There was a wait at pick up but once seen the process was slick. Receptionist was very friendly and helpful .Vehicle was very clean and presentable. Would definitely use again.

helend22
6/4/15

Took 30 mins from walking through the door to driving off in the car, however the service was still great.

arthure6
6/4/15

I was given a well kept and good conditioned car. It was very smooth and easy to handle once I get used to it though it would be good if the operator explained or show to me the basic operation of the car.

victorj14
6/4/15

This was by far the best rental value we have investigated and chosen. The car was a modern Dodge Caravan which was brilliant. Especially important as we were on a road trip- and the service staff were always helpful and knowledgeable. The sat nav which was included in the price was a must for a trip to the States. Will have no hesitation in recommending 'rental cars now' to any travelers.

anthonyf33
6/4/15

We had a good trip and much of it was due to our experience with a friendly staff and honest advise about the cars, the trip driving in a foreign country... Everything! We'll use Economy booking severy time from now on.

mauricew4
6/4/15

First Class service and very easy to book
This was the easiest car hire company that we have booked a car through the service first class 10 out of 10

paolom9
5/26/15

Got to this broker through the sky scanner car rental app. They directed me to Gold car which was supposed to be in Fiumicino airport but it was really a small company 15 minutes out of the airport. As I arrived I was told that I could not use any of my cards including the Amex and VISA debit. Of course it is written at the end of the voucher and it is odd that I could reserve the car with EconomyBookings using the AMEX without problems. As I called them they refused to grant a refund even though I did not get a service and they wasted 2 hours of my time. I went back to the terminal and got a car from Sixth without a booking and for a reasonable price. STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY. SKY SCANNER DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY EVER AGAIN.

russellm34
5/26/15

Good booking experience, hopefully my rental is going to be good as well.

brandonp19
5/14/15

It was a real big deal! Car was good, and the price reasonably for this kind of car.

amyb56
5/8/15

I would like to thank you and your staff for the excellent service we received from you all.

bettyh22
5/8/15

Just thought I would drop you a line to thank you for the car we had on hire last week. Your man was waiting for us at the airport and the handover was very quick and clear. The car was excellent and the drop off on our return was easy.

davids322
5/8/15

Once again many thanks for the car hire, as usual the service was of the highest order.
We will back to your beautiful island during August this year and I will contact you nearer the time to arrange another hire.
Take care and don't work too hard.

eleanorb10
5/8/15

My previous reservation was in July and I wrote afterwards to thank you for the excellent service. You were therefore a natural choice this time. We look forward to seeing you.

8 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Hi
I am in Italy and i want to rent a car for 9 days. I have a doubt because i'm 23 years old, and the others rent car companies requires a pay extra for the age. We must pay this money with you? thanks for all
4/15/13
Add your answer
Q: Does anyone think it reasonable for this company to delay paying a refund for up to 45 days and rely on the fact that they do not need to abide with regulation and code of conduct present in other EU states. To refer customers to their terms on conditions alone and offer nothing further is morally wrong and not good business, does anyone have a view on this?
4/24/15
Answer
garyg32
A: In my experience, they'll never respond and hope that you'll just go away and forget about it. They ended up costing me more money that if I had just gone with my usual car rental company. Sorry to say, but there are many reviews that basically say the same thing. These guys don't deserve to be in business.
4/24/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the EconomyBookings staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
EconomyBookings?