US Government's NSF

1st Review:
peterl8

103 Reviews for EconomyBookings

Review Highlights

I booked a car with them and everything seemed well at the moment.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

3/31/14

It seemed like a good deal until I received a confirmation email stating I would need to print and present vouchers to the car rental desk as proof of my purchase. (So I need to prove to the company that I reserved and paid for a car, it's not going to be in their computer?) This prompted me to do some digging on line and I didn't like what I was reading about being shuttled to an off airport location, prices changing at the counter, extra fees etc. You can see examples here on this site. I cancelled my reservation immediately, within hours of making it, only to notice later that there was a charge of $12.74 on my credit card. A call to customer service explained this was their cancellation protection policy fee. I was also told, if I didn't have that cancellation policy, I would have been charged $30 instead of $12!! WTF?? That's really funny since there was no prompt during the reservation process for me to accept or decline cancellation protection in the first place. Stay away from this place, they're in to gouging you at every turn. Hope my $12.74 was worth the crappy review it got you Economy Bookings.

3/29/14

The front desk employees were very friendly and helpful.
The setup is very easy to get to your car and to return car. I will be using Economybookings next June! Also the man that drove the shuttle bus to and from the car rental and terminal was very nice and helpful!

3/29/14

For the first time after renting from several car hire companies over a period of 30 years I drove the car I hired. Most times I get a car I did not hire or the firm has nothing left in the line of cars ordered.

3/29/14

I had a great experience with hiring a car for this trip. The counterman was courteous and experienced and answered all my questions. The car needed a windshield wiper which I bought at Petboys and they reimbursed me for it when I returned the car. I would definitely go with Dollar Rentacar again. They were wonderful. The car was good on gas and rode very smoothly. I will deal with Dollar Rent-a-car again. Was a very wonderful experience!!

3/26/14

Do not use a scam.
You get quoted one price only to reach your destination and get quote another price 3 times more.
Had a holiday to Jamaica got there the balance for the car hire was over £1000 even though I contacted Economy bookings who confirmed the balance and never once told me additional charges would be apply in JA. They told me to look at the small print and would not refund deposit. The website is very misleading to as your think all the insurance ect is included its not. Do not use.

3/23/14

The car was in excellent condition. Good and quick check in and check out.
Would go there the next time.

3/19/14

It was easy to rent the car from internet and suddenly we got much better car than I expected. The service was proffessional and fast and everything went smootly. There was transportation waiting for us in the airport when we arrived and we got a lift also for departure. Personnel was frienly and I felt myself safe with them. For sure I would and will use there services during my next journey.

3/19/14

Surfing over the web and looking for a favorable car rental in Florida from Fox for three weeks I finally found a good deal on economybookings.com No any other similar website could provide the better deal. Fox company service was impressive as well – we picked a low mileage car in a good condition up, quickly finished paperwork and used it with no trouble all through three weeks. Drop off procedure was also quick and hassle free. I'd recommend economybookings.com to anyone, I have no doubt about it.

3/16/14

I had a pretty flawless experience with Economybookings. The car was ready on-time, the tank full, got the 4-door I needed with an automatic transmission (a must for this American driving in Australia!). The only minor drawback was the GPS I rented. It was outdated and added an additional $11.50 per day to the rental. Otherwise, not a worry to be had.

3/16/14

It was so easy to organise the rental of my car online though Economybookings. The price was outstanding. The response to my questions online was so quick and all of my questions were answered thoroughly. Also the 24hour phone line was so convenient for us. Everything went smoothly from online rental, booking information via email and finally how easy it was to actually pick up the car. Will use again and have already referred to friends. Very happy cusotmer.

3/11/14

My wife booked a car through your site and was directed to Brisbane bargain rent a car. She booked an intermediate vw jetta or similar. She collected the car today in Queensland was given a Toyota Camry 2002 with 180000kms. This is a disgrace and deceptive advertising. The car image was a modern current car what was supplied certainly wasn't similar. A rip off and $90 dearer than dealing direct with car rental site given it's the equivalent of rent a bomb. Deceptive and very poor to deal with.

3/3/14

from internet, i was paying for 88 euros and while i was filling with my credit card details the price went up to 113 - while i was signining for the contract at the airport the price went up even more because the policy is that the client pays for a full tank at their price even though the person is sure that he is not going to use the full tank for the all period of rental. last trap i fell with the agent economybookings.com was that once driving the car i realized that the full tank i paid for was instead 7/8 of the tank so i had to go back to the airport, the operator at the airport parking said that the car i rented had an electrical problem which showed 7/8 of the full tank (a new car pegeout 208). once the rent contract ended, i wrote to them to ask for a refund of half tank (i left half tank of petrol in the car + 1/8 ), but they did not answred yet.

3/2/14

This is a real scam. Once and never again! We've been taken as hostage and racketed.
We booked a car in Miami for 6 weeks and prepaid the rental. We were sent to Fox USA rent a car. When we showed our voucher to Fox Rent a Car, we were told that no insurance whatsoever was included in the prepaid amount. Either we pay the insurance for $30/day or we can forget the car and the prepaid amount. We argued and argued. The insurance happens to be even more expensive than the rental itself. In total we had to pay twice what this rental would have cost us with another booking company. We registered a claim/complaint with economybookings.com but they don't even answer us

2/22/14

Do not use this service!!!! Reserved a car in Brussels, took the confirmed rental contract and voucher to the rental location and no car was available!!! Had to pay 3 times more than quoted and paid for in advance! I was assured the difference would be refunded to my Visa and still fighting with them 2 months later. I would NEVER use this service ever again. I travel all around the world for business and this is by far the worst travel experience I have bver had!

2/19/14

This is either the most unprofessional website in the world or just a big fraud. Several hours after booking, they will not confirm whether your booking is processed or not. Nor will they confirm what company you are renting from. They also add "airport pick up charges" to a rental in the center of town. All you get from their website is that your booking is "Pending". And this is after you have given credit card details and confirmed.
Do not ever give these people your credit card number!

2/14/14

Karen Stern IF YOU LIVE IN USA DO NOT RENT FROM THIS COMPANY! Their web page states that local taxes are included in the rental price! THEY ARE NOT! We were charged an additional $74.40 in taxes upon picking up our car. Of course we had to pay it or lose the prepaid rental charge! In addition a international service charge for this transaction was added to our credit card, to do business with this company. AND just try to even get in touch with them.....going on 45 minutes at two different numbers...NO ANSWER.

2/6/14

This is a scam, stay away!
After the price is quoted and the deposit charged they inform you that to get the car you booked you have to pay 30% more.

1/20/14

I have never rented before and this was very simple and good value. Only problems were getting fuel early in the morning, prior to return. Also pickup location was difficult to find as we needed to board a shuttle bus from the airport.

1/19/14

The car was in a good shape and the service was great. They also offered the best choice of car and could change the car during the rental time. It was a great service.

1/18/14

This was a totally enjoyable experience for my first visit to Germany and also my first use of rental cars. The service went above and beyond what I had expected, due to my flight being 5 hours delayed, and I was made very welcomed throughout the handover. The staff were very friendly, helpful and sympathetic to our lateness picking up the car as well which helped settle us for the rest of our evening. I would highly recommend them due to the high standard of vehicle which we received and the assistance we also received to find our way around the local highways. It was an absolute pleasure to be so well looked after and the car, a Seat Leon, was the drive i had experienced in a very long time.

1/17/14

I've used economy booking for my booking of a rental car in Bergamo, my confirmation from economy booking was 248euro, and I've been invoice and they ( SIXT ) take from my card 335euro. That's absolutely not honest. I will never use again this service

1/17/14

We had a good trip and much of it was due to our experience with a friendly staff and honest advise about the cars, the trip driving in a foreign country... Everything! We'll use Economybookingsevery time from now on.

1/17/14

Very good car and a very good service. The guy who handed over the car was very frindly and helped us with the directions to find hotel and supermarkets and the best beaches in the island. Good service.

1/12/14

This was by far the best rental value we have investigated and chosen. The car was a modern Dodge Caravan which was brilliant. Especially importatnt as we were on a road trip- and the service staff were always helpful and knowledgeable. The sat nav which was included in the price was a must for a trip to the States. Will have no hesitation in recommending 'rentalcars now' to any travellers.

1/12/14

First time user. User friendly site. This site gave us best price. No hidden fees. Local rental company gave us excellent service. Car renters were very nice and knowlageble. Highly reccomend this site to other users.

1/11/14

I was given a well kept and good conditioned car. It was very smooth and easy to handle once I get used to it though it would be good if the operator explained or show to me the basic operation of the car.

1/5/14

The only downside of my experience was the free bus transfer to and from the terminal which was a painfully long wait on both occasions.

12/31/13

I am an American living in Japan, and I paid for a rental car in the U.S. When I got the voucher, it said in small print that I couldn't use an American driver's license. I was never informed of this before payment. When I contacted the company, they told me to get an International driver's license, saying that it was easy to do. I do not have half a day and $30 to waste getting a license I wouldn't otherwise need, so I asked them to cancel the reservation. They insisted on charging me 34 dollars in spite of their negligence. I certainly would not recommend using this site.

12/12/13

Took 30 mins from walking through the door to driving off in the car, however the service was still great.

12/7/13

I have used Economybookings many times, when I have hired cars in many countries in Europe and have been always very satisfied . Last summer I caused accidentally a little damage to the hire car . I made and sent all necessary documents to Economybookings and after their processing they refunded to me the excess amount. The most important thing is, that you make a good damage report with attachments, they need to.

12/5/13

I usually use Dollar, but as this was just a short trip I chose the cheapest who happened to be Alamo. Nice guy on the desk - didn't try and sell us any 'extras' - got the necessary paperwork done in a couple of minutes. Also - and the main point coming off a 9 hour flight - no queues!!!
Good choice of cars - only complaint (which I think applies to ALL car rental companies) the windows were filthy - inside especially!

12/4/13

Whether you're dealing with these folks as Economybookings.com or Bookinggroup.com, do not hit 'enter', 'confirm', 'pay now', or anything remotely resmbling a commitment to give them ANY of your money.

I've been double-charged by them and Fox Rent a Car for a 4-day rental. I was initially quoted $18/day. It was indeed too good to be true. Almost $400 later in combined charges, most of which have been explained away as 'fees', I'm now stuck in the Customer Service abyss, with my inquiries ultimately just being ignored. I was charged 2 late fees, even though I returned the car an hour before my reserved return time. I've spoken and emailed with Fox at least 3 separate times each, and each time I'm deflected back to Economy bookings, saying the problem was my agreement with them. All Economy has done is forward the emails I've been sending their way on to Fox, and failing to respond directly.

I have been after them for over 2 months and 10 days now for a response, and I'm getting nothing. After taxes, my agreed total payment was just shy of $125. I've been overcharged by more than 100%.

12/1/13

The staff and service were first class, the vehicle was brand new and staff member took 5 minutes of their time to organise the sat navigation in the car. I would highly recommend the company.

12/1/13

From the time of booking to the pick up point was plain sailing.The website is easy to use and I liked the idea of just paying a deposit especially if you are ordering a car well in advance. The price was very competitive and an email was sent when the balance was due , didn`t even have to remember that.Would definitely use them again.

11/30/13

I made the booking with the understanding that all Insurance costs were paid, however I was told that I still had to pay an additional 11€ or have 1800€ blocked on my credit card.
I was advised by the desk staff not to purchase Insurance online with a third party broker and to wait until I arrived at the check out desk.
Next time I will try it.

11/25/13

Excellent vehicle at very reasonable cost. All was easy - from the first step of booking - till returning of the car.. Smooth... Thanks.

11/24/13

Economybookings had the best price. Booking was a breeze. And the car was provided by Dollar, as smooth as you would expect, excellent overall!

11/24/13

My experience was ok with this company. Value for money. Good car. Clean.
Can had 3 damages originally but they were not good market on the copy of the Check out/in statement.....This should be properly noted and market.
Felt not comfortable at drop off.
Also took long time (over 30 min) to do and also was not sure about the return of the 1500 euro deposit. Person at desk was friendly to me but for sure not in control. In about 30 min he would return the deposit to my creditcard, he said. Had to trust on this. Also he should charge extra 56 euro for the drop off at another airport as original but I did not get any receipt or prove of this.
Car and price good, service should improve!

11/21/13

Used the company for 2 periods while in South Africa - Arrangements made by telephone prior to travel while in the UK and the young man who dealt with hires made helpful suggestions and sought out the best deals which worked in our favour - Actual hires were with Hertz and went very smoothly with pick ups and drop offs being handled efficiently.

11/20/13

Generally Economybookings.com were the most competitive price and our rental at Stuttgart airport could not have been better. We were booked with Economybookings but they operate with SIXT (who would have been more expensive) and were given a free upgrade to a brand new Mercedes. But back to economybookings.com - I was making 2 bookings with economybookings.com and because German car rental operators do not allow rentals if the main driver does not have a credit card I had to change the bookings which meant cancelling them and remaking them. I had phoned customer services to do this who were extremely helpful picking up on date errors I had made when rebooking the car and providing email quotes for the second car with quick payment links. An error with rentalcars.com's system meant one of my original booking did not get cancelled properly so on arriving at Stuttgart airport SIXT cars were expecting us to take 2 cars. I was concerned that I would be charged a cancellation fee for this, but on contacting economybookings.com customer services they looked into this and assured me they would make sure a full refund would be given and have tracked the case to ensure this has been done without the need for me to chase them and they have provided me with updates on the refund process throughout. So although the cancellation process did not run quite smoothly I could not have asked for better customer service in sorting this out

11/18/13

Booking a car with this company is so easy and they do exactly what it says,quick efficient and pleasant,great company.

11/18/13

This was probably the most hassle-free car rental experiance I have ever had, and I have had a lot over the years. The car I requested was available, and I was also given the chance to chosse and alternative vehicle from another 3 which were available. I stuck with my original choice and the car was excellent. Can't honestly come up with any complaint whatsoever - a great all-round experiance and will certainly be my company of choice for future car rental.

11/7/13

I booked using economy bookings and when I booked a car, it clearly told that I need not pay anything at the time of pickup.
It again sent a confirmation mail which said the same thing - nothing to pay at pickup of the car.
And then when I went to pick up the car, I had to pay 40% more as taxes at pick up. I called up the customer service and they said that in the coupon voucher in a small section at the corner, it is written that you may have to pay taxes at pickup.
Dhhh... it looks like those * at the end of commercials which look too good to be true.
Do not book using these, if you do, read each and every line of the items that get sent to you.
BTW, they are probably based in Latvia, so if you want to dispute, good luck with that :-)

10/31/13

The car was delivered to our hotel by a friendly and efficient man. We had no problem with the car and if we went to Greece again, we would not hesitate to use the same company.

10/30/13

The reservation process was quick and easy and we were pleased with the result. There may be a slight margin in booking through this website rather than directly with the car company but there is far greater choice available and the certainty that there would be a suitable vehicle available.

10/7/13

It was a pleasure to deal with this company. From the moment of booking to pick up and drop off I was provided with excellent service. I booked the car a lot in advance, about half-year before going to California, and during this period I needed to ask economybookings.com questions regarding my booking and got answers within an hour after I sent them by email, which was surprisingly fast. As for the rental itself, I did not have to wait at the Alamo desk at the Los Angeles airport, because there was no queue and the staff was very helpful. The car was almost new – 7,000 mls mileage – clean and in great condition. I would recommend this company to anyone.

10/3/13

No service, no money refund!
Made a reservation for 2 months before, cars with automatic transmission was not there, the other cars were not able to provide, had to take the car from Europcar more than 2 times more expensive. Refused to return the advance payment. Strongly do not recommend!

Поделюсь печальным опытом бронирования через агрегаторах www.economybookings.com, также известного как http://www.eavtoprokat.ru

Сделал бронь на машину на двое суток, чтобы прокатиться семьей до Мон-Сен Мишеля. Заказал Ситроен Пикассо автомат за 225 евриков. В ваучере в качестве компании-партнера был указан National. Место пикапа - Вокзал Gare de Lyon. Сняли предоплату 35 евриков.

1. По приезду на вокзал оказалось что стойки конкретно National там нет. Есть куча других, но чтобы именно с таким названием увы нет. Адрес в ваучере указан общий и разобрать куда надо с ним соваться не понятно. Перебираясь от одного к другим (как оказалось большая часть представленных там стоек по совместительству обрабатывали заявки с National). Минут через 20 дошли до CITES или как то так.

2. Но!! Сорри, ваша модель не пришла. Есть меньшего формата (благо что брал с запасом, чтобы 4 взрослым было удобно проехать 800 км). В общем оформляют другую Пикассо С3. Холдят 1000 евриков на карте. Дают ключи.. Садимся в тачку, настроили руль, кресла... Опа! Машина оказывается на ручной коробке (бронь четко автомат и не в виде опции, а именно как изначальное условие). Вернулись назад, те пожимают плечами мол других нет и ничего сделать нельзя. Отказываюсь от брони, деньги они естественно расхолдить не могут. Качать права и требовать подгона авто с другой стоянки в тот момент не додумались - время поджимало.

3. Идем по соседям в поиске автомата на стоянке... благо в Europcar он оказывается... но не благо что эта единственная модель Мерседес за 500 евриков. Но у нас планы и время поджимает встречать родителей. Что делать - взяли его, злые на предыдущих и немного на EconomyBookings.com (aka Booking Group)

4. По возвращению в РФ пишу им письмо 14.08, так мол такая ситуация нехорошая вышла и прошу вернуть предоплату 35 евриков. Про разницу в которую мне засмеялось (почти 300 евро) указываю, но естественно ожидать по этому вопросу даже не думаю. В ответ через 2 дня - мол вопрос им надо решать с партнером, процесс не долгий 7-21 рабочий день.. Спустя 13 рабочих дней (02.09) просят прислать финальный инвойс от другой конторы где я в итоге взял машину. Спустя еще 15 рабочих дней (24.09) посылаю запрос какого собственно фига так долго не может быть решен указанный копеечный вопрос получаю ответ (спустя 6 дней 30.09).. мол партнер подтвердил им что машина не была предоставлена мне, но я должен был получить от них на месте некую писульку в свой ваучер что такое произошло!! то есть никто не отрицает факта что машина не была предоставлена по причине ее отсутствия, но вернуть мне бабки не могут, потому что нет этой справки..

Сухой остаток: минус предоплата 35 евриков + минус лишние 300 евро потому что пришлось брать тачку в другом месте + куча нервов на месте + 2-месячное разбирательство и нифига в итоге.

Резюме: будьте аккуратнее – не вляпайтесь.
И будьте наглее.. наверное подняв бучу в первом месте + включив мозги я мог бы перенести пик-ап машины непосредственно в Аэропорт. Где явно с автоматами попроще... А вдруг человек с никаким знанием английского и банально не может пояснить свою жесткую точку зрения...все, иди гуляй

9/25/13

Hired a Nissan Tiida off cutprice for my holiday last week. It was a great car, clean and tidy, ran well. Picked it up straight at the Orlando airport, didn't have to take a bus like the last company I used on the Orlando . Dropped it off back at the airport when I went home. All in all I'm very satisfied with Economybookings

9/23/13

Locauto in Fiumicino. Pretty difficult to find the shuttle service bus stop, but after a phone call to Booking Group a rapresentative of Locauto contacted me directly on the phone and they have collected me from the point where I was waiting. Thanks for assistance.

9/23/13

Scam. I booked a car from Gatwick airport. Here are the problems:

I was told to pay another GBP25 at the counter/partner, but was charged GBP60 instead. Morever, I was told by the person at the counter to take any dispute to economybookings.com

In addition to that, I prepaid for a VW Passat (or similar) but Easirent (the so called partner) gave me a Hyundai i30 instead, which is from a lower car group.

I say, stay away. Big fraud.

About EconomyBookings