US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 48 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 271 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 180 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mikem243
3/27/15

I was a seller & buyer on eBay for years until one day a seller had produced an image of a product that I needed, but the description was wrong, so I never proceeded with the sale. Like any shop cart right? If you don't process payment, you don't get charged. Not on ebay! They try to force you to purchase the product, meanwhile charging your card every month a small amount, for Lord only knows why. So you can have the account for years, not sell or buy anything, and they charge you. They also refuse to credit your account when you have proof of trying to cancel the account months ago ... I would highly discourage ANYONE from this place. They use people that barely speak English, and essentially have made up their own rules that are not in the best interest of buyers. Run away from setting up an account. There are other places to get good deals on the net that don't pull unethical moves on you, trust me.

bandarus
3/26/15

They will not answer to any of your questions and also they want only money of they got once thats it they will not think of you again if u want acc to me flipkart is the best site

steveh107
3/26/15

I won an iPhone 6 for a great price only to find out that it had been stolen. I contacted the number that came up when i tried to activate it and it was the number of the original owner. We filed police reports and I tried to get the ok from ebay to get the rightful owner his phone but what was weird was that eBay requested that I return the phone to the seller, who I think stole the phone. Customer service initially told me to just file a dispute with the seller instead of contacting the police, which I thought was odd. It could have just been the customer service agent I spoke to as they later informed me to file a police report.
I'm supposed to get my money back soon which I am happy about. I wish that ebay would have worked more with law enforcement to get the original owner his phone.

Tip for consumers: Just because a product does not come up as stolen, it still could be stolen. But, verifying them covers you most of the time.

wrh
3/26/15

hey just a word of warning be careful of buying on eBay let me say some seller's have good reps there and stand behind what they sell ,, but eBay has been flood with bad sellers they list stuff as new and when you get it its used , they have got smart on the shipping charges and over charge you on the shipping and the it cost you more to ship stuff back than its worth to them ,the buyer protection is a joke, just don't take my word for it look at the new ebay Rules & policies just look at the sellers feedback before buying and make sure its a high number and its 97 or greater just a warning to all

Tip for consumers: LIKE I SAID LOOK AT THE SELLER'S FEEDBACK 97 OR GREATER AND LOOK AT THE NEW EBAY Rules & policies

rditt
3/25/15

Ebay it's siding with seller's specially if they reap many thousand of dollar per month (these are the backbone of ebay) If you are a regular customer that buy from time to time you would get impaled. If you filled a complain with one big shots of eBay mostly you would lose, remember ebay would lose their fees if decide in your favor.

robint17
3/23/15

I love Ebay. The only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because you have to know what to watch out for - you can run into a bad apple once in awhile but Ebay has a pretty solid system if you know how to use it to protect yourself. Here are a few valuable tips.

As a buyer - check seller 'feedback', (top right hand corner next to the seller name, number next the stars). This is how many people have purchased items from them. You are usually safe if they have lots of feedback. But read the negative reviews if you are buying jewelry, expensive items. Only a few people are diligent enough to discover 'fakes' or "knock-offs'. Also check their seller history and past seller ID's. Sometimes it takes awhile for sellers to get caught selling fakes, etc. so they just change their seller name and start a whole NEW account until they get discovered again then start new again until caught again. But Ebay is usually pretty good about keeping history so unless they change banking info, etc. you will find them under 'seller history'.

You can usually get better deals if you buy from an individual rather than a full time seller so if little feedback, just make sure to stay on top of 'buyer protection' deadlines and policies so if you get burned, you can get your money back from Ebay.

Just because it's a local seller, don't be fooled. Sometimes they buy the fakes from the Chinese or international sellers and resell them under the guise of being local. Check the sellers buying history or feedback as a buyer. You can usually see where they buy from if you investigate their feedback carefully.

Read each sellers policy. Some won't pay for return shipping if they sell you a bad item so then make sure to open up a case with Ebay through the resolution center rather than just working with the seller because if it's fake or 'not as described', Ebay will make them pay for the shipping. I usually open a case if I'm returning to make sure they don't say "I never got it" if I send it back. With an open case, Ebay monitors the tracking number so they can't do that and monitor it and have control over the sellers banking and Ebay returns your money, not the seller.

If bidding, make sure to put your real top dollar price in at the end if the item is super low priced. Sometimes sellers have someone bid on it at the last minute if it is too low or a buyer is waiting on the sidelines to outbid you and you could miss out if you really want it.

Shipping is usually faster than promised. Always add insurance on valuables because sellers can say they sent it, send an empty box, etc. and you can open a case but it can be 'your word against theirs' if the seller has a tracking number. Established sellers won't usually do this but you never know if it's really valuable because one bad feedback won't hurt their score much.

You can get great deals on Ebay but if it's too good to be true, remember, you are dealing with the public.

Tip for consumers: Trust your gut

felixt11
3/21/15

I will never use eBay again, I needed their help against a fraud and they did not give a "thing" all the advertise with buyer protection is lies !

chrism170
3/21/15

"SELLER SENT ME BROKEN ITEM.
EBAY SAYS RETURN THE ITEM.
I DO RETURN AND OF COURSE PAY EXTRA TO RETURN ITEM .
I PROVIDE THE TRACKING DETAILS TO EBAY.
ITEM IS STILL ON TRANSIT AND EBAY CLOSES THE CASE SAYING I DIDNT PROVIDE TRACING DETAILS .

I GOT RIPPED OFF MY HARD EARNED MONEY.
RESOLUTION CENTER IS A JOKE !
CUSTOMER PROTECTION IS AN ILLUSION.

$#*! OFF EBAY !

Case opened: 05-Mar-15 01:20:43 GMT
Case closed: 21-Mar-15 01:53:53 GMT

jaiv2
3/21/15

Really extremely poor service i have bought 64gb pendrive and i have received only 4gb pendrive the seller is virala.in fake people and fake world of online shopping is ebay.in. Really i am tired to tell to the customer service and they responding that your order is not working and without any confirmation they closed my complaint application without resolving if you want to buy standard product you can go with other online shopping website but don't buy it from ebay the sellers are fake and other service representative of customer service are really poor they will not cordinate with you not service they are provide that we want. Unsatisfied with all the time that i have listen from my friends also. I have order first time order and i have received exactly diffrent item.

Tip for consumers: Really extremely poor service i have bought 64gb pendrive and i have received only 4gb pendrive the seller is virala.in fake people and fake world of online shopping is ebay.in. Really i am tired to tell to the customer service and they responding that your order is not working and without any confirmation they closed my complaint application without resolving if you want to buy standard product you can go with other online shopping website but don't buy it from ebay the sellers are fake and oth

lisam153
3/20/15

It was much cooler before, now it takes lots of time to find great quality on ebay. We need more new ebays with quality control.

kevb1
3/20/15

It has alienated all the small sellers who provided value and variety. It has turned into a glorified shopping mall with little of real interest and is full of chinese made junk.The best way any small seller can sell is to ignore ebay who will do it no favours and start their own site.
Ebay is now no longer the automatic site of choice for buyers.

andrewp53
3/17/15

To many people out there who seek to buy an item for a lesser price than average, there can only be two options: stealing, or the more legal approach, eBay.

I've been an eBay buyer and seller since 2009 and have always used it as my source of secondary income or to find items for considerably less. It's been a good run so far and the fact that my product is exposed to a worldwide audience is what captivates me about the power of the internet. I list an item, within a couple days it sells, I get paid, I ship the item out, I get reviewed, and I build up my reputation with my expertise in sales.

Now, why the 3 star review and not 5?

Although eBay is great for both the seller and buyer, it is tough to begin with. I'm not talking about listing the product and trying to get it out there, no. EBay has made it very easy for beginning sellers or buyers to buy/sell items all around with basic buttons and listing tools as well more advanced options for experienced sellers. I'm talking about their fees and their "protection" plans.

Ebay takes 10 percent of whatever value you sell your product for, up to a maximum of a $250 fee (ex. I sell a product for $100, eBay takes $10. I sell a product for $2500, eBay takes $250. I sell a product for $2501 or higher, eBay still takes $250). Not bad considering it's an auction site when most auctions charge upwards of 20-30 percent of your items final selling price.

Now, what bugged me were the hidden fees such as the 10 percent shipping fee or with eBay's choice of payment, PayPal, taking 3.9 percent of whatever the buyer pays.

To break it down for you, say I sell a product for $100 + $10 shipping. The buyer must pay $110 to me through PayPal in order for the transaction to go through and for me to ship the product out. Once paid, eBay will deduct $10 as a final value fee, $1 as a shipping fee, and PayPal will deduct $4.29 as a transaction fee. That leaves me with $94.71.

This can get confusing for some sellers, especially new sellers who may find it difficult to calculate the right price for their item without losing money on it.

Another problem mentioned was their "protection" or "eBay Money Back Guarantee/Buyer Protection/Seller Protection"

I understand eBay wants to help the buyer and seller as much as they can, acting as the police force for anything that may go wrong in a transaction, but it can be taken too far sometimes.

If a person were to sell a product to a buyer and it is not in the condition as described, the buyer may have the option to open a case against the seller to request money back from them due to false information. If the seller complies all is well. If the seller does not comply, big big uh-oh.

Say I sold a genuine Louis Vuitton purse, valued at $2500 over eBay. I explain in the listing it is a genuine product and provide proof of it being real as well as my policies. A person buys the purse, I get paid, I ship it to them, but the buyer isn't too sure of it being real when he/she receives it, so he/she wants to return it and opens a case against me. I have strict evidence proving the purse is in fact real and will not accept such a return for that reason provided. So in a moment like that, eBay will step in, deduct the money from me out of the blue and refund the buyer. A loss of a sale there, but I still get the purse back right? Wrong.

Ebay requires the buyer send the product to eBay for them to inspect and DESTROY. So not only do I lose the sale, but I lose the product too! All because a buyer may claim to be a Louis Vuitton purse professional and has suspicion it may be fake, even though everything checks out as real.

All this is from years of using eBay and having to learn the hard way how these inner fees and services actually work. If you are looking to buy an item for well below retail price or a crown jewel, eBay is your place to be. If you are looking to sell an item for profit, as a business strategy, or to just get rid of junk, eBay also serves as that haven, but do your research ahead of time and beware of fees and possible troubles you may run into with buyers.

To eBay directly, if you are reading this, please correct me in anything that may have possibly changed in your policies or operations. I am more than willing to listen and understand how these operations go and to ensure my experience goes smoothly the next time I sell as well as others experiences with your site as well.

Thank you!

shirleym32
3/15/15

Ebay used to be the best place to buy and sell on the internet. In the last few years it has gone downhill for both sellers and buyers as well.

Ebay's rules and philosophy that they can run the business better than the seller is causing good sellers to leave in droves. With their restrictions and high fees it is almost impossible to make a profit as a seller on Ebay anymore. They are kicking out all the small sellers with collectible and one of a kind items and promoting the large sellers specifically those from China with cheap imitation goods.

The buyers are having a hard time on Ebay as well as most of the older more experienced sellers are either moving on or diversifying and putting all their good items elsewhere. Ebay has become the yard sale place and the place of inferior quality cheap Chinese goods. Not only that but buyers have to contend with new sellers taking the place of the older experienced ones and they do not have the experience to run a great customer oriented business.

What used to be a great place to buy and sell is now a shell of it's former self and is losing ground everyday. It has become nothing but a yard sale.

Tip for consumers: I would find a better site

terryh60
3/12/15

bought 1000S OF DOOLLARS FROM EBAY OVERSEAS SELLERS ARE HIT OR MISS EBAY DOES NOT HELP AS MUCH AS STATED AND SINCE THEY ARE TIED IN TO PAYPAL PAY PAL HAS BECOME MORE DIFFICULT TO RESOLVE ISSUES STILL THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP BESIDES AMAZON

Tip for consumers: BE CAREFUL OF OVERSEAS SELLERS WHICH NOW CHOKE THIS SITE RETUNS OVERSEAS ARE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE AND VERY EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY WHEN ITEMS AR RECIVED DAMAGED OR BROKEN EBAY AND PAY PAL ARE NO HELP AT ALL

patriciaw43
3/10/15

this tale began on a snowy december 28,2014. I ordered shoes from e-fashion365 on ebay.com

when I ordered my lovely pink shoes with the equally lovely bow on the top I envisioned myself skipping down my street with the prettiest shoes ever. that is when my nightmare began. After waiting the allotted time for delivery, I started the daily where is my package waiting game. everyday I would wait in vain for my lovely shoes. but sadly they never appeared at my door. if you can imagine my teenage dreams going up in a hale of tears. fast forward to today I have no shoes and no refund that I requested. they lied and told me that they returned my money but they did not. so dear readers if you don't want to end up like me please do not order from these people or you too will have a twisted tale to tell.

Tip for consumers: please don't do it to yourself.

alessandrop8
3/9/15

That site let me choose the things all around the world and somethimes i can get them from close to me places.They have great rules too.

ervins14
3/7/15

I have been scammed and cheated. i have been charged twice for a return. They won't even let me see what the charges are. I am willing to pay the whole amount I owe, but want to see the list of what i am being charged for an d Ebay won't let me. Bummer!

Tip for consumers: Watch your back!

annisab
3/7/15

Not a big fan of this site but I've purchased a few things on ebay.com, I have had great experiences and have saved alot of money

stuarts1
3/5/15

I went looking on youtube for something that could take my pictures and games and videos and movies and put all this on my Samsung smart 55" tv. I went to Microsoft and they had a piece of electronics that plugged into the back of your tv, but it did not work because I had no software for this item. So, on youtube I saw video about this Ezcast that did the same thing that I wanted and sure enuff it gave me my movies and pics and videos and the rest and it only cost me $21.00 and change. It works on my laptop and my tablet and my cellphone and all the other devices I have in the house, it all works off of the wifi. It is so easy to setup and run really, you can not beat the price. I did not know the item was coming from China until after the fact but I received the item quickly and all is working just great. I love how I can put the movies from my items right onto the tv. Love it. try it. Let me know how you enjoy it.

Tip for consumers: All you need on the back of the TV is HDMI, USB. That's it.

chrisf64
3/2/15

y is no longer what EBay used to be.
All the "mambo jambo"...rules only protect EBay....and the sellers that only advertise brand new items.....you are way better off dealing with Amazon or other internet based site.
It is no longer fun....the buyers can blackmail you after receiving an item, asking for a "partial refund", and if you not agree...he/she can leave a negative feeback, and you have no say.....
An if you call EBay, the answer is....nothing we can do, just try to work it out with the buyer.....ridiculous just ridiculous.

maryannc5
2/23/15

This is the 1st time I have ever used ebay. Was Very Happy to find the exact cannister I had just broken. I purchased it from mcclamrock417. Everything went through smoothly, was notified it had been shipped later that afternoon. I just received it thru the mail and am more than satisfied. It arrived well packaged and sooner than I expected.
Thank You for a Pleasant experience. Not sure if this is where I am to leave comments for the individual seller but as I said am new to all of this, so hopefully this gets back to them.

victorc36
2/23/15

EBAY MAKES IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. JUST SPENT AN HOUR AND COULD NOT CONTACT THEM. I ASKED THEM TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT 4 MONTHS AGO AND JUST NOW DISCOVERED IT IS STILL OPEN. TALKED TO A REP. AND WAS TOLD THEY JUST REFUSE TO CLOSE ANYONES ACCOUNT FOR 180 DAY JUST BECAUSE THEY HOPE YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND, ON TOP OF THAT THERE REP ALSO INFORMED ME EVEN AFTER 180 DAYS YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM BACK AND REMIND THEM BEFORE THEY WILL CLOSE IT. EVEN WITH NO TRANSACTIONS PENDING. I GUESS WHEN YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS THAT BAD THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN KEEP PEOPLE FROM LEAVING

Tip for consumers: JUST HOPE YOU DONT HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND IF YOU WANT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IT TAKES 6 MONTHS

danj16
2/23/15

They have a strangle hold on the market, or they would be gone. Their business model is terrible. The are way too aloof and disconnected to actually deal with. If you use eBay often and depend on it, eBay will eventually burn you. My entire family is now off of eBay for good, and none of us want anything to do with PayPal. I often wondered how they got away with the way they disregard the consumer protection laws. I have not used eBay in more than a year now, and I will not go back. I would love to see Jeff Bezos (Amazon) take them on, and it seems as though a bit at a time he is doing exactly that, and in fact eBay is losing market share annually, as various entities take over what used to be entirely their's alone. After all the hassles I have had over the years, I would love to see eBay replaced by a consumer friendly entity, though from what I hear from the vendors, they are not any happier about dealing with them. I also question their insistence on you using only PayPal...as it has created a market monopoly and is essentially double dipping.

Tip for consumers: Do not ever trust eBay, and beware allowing PayPal into your banking account. I had PayPal arbitrarily empty my entire account, and it took months for them to even approach trying to fix it. I was eventually forced to close my eBay account and my bank account, and start all over. Caveat Emptor.

ashles
2/18/15

Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in the mail, and it didn’t work. I called Ebay right away explaining to them my situation and how I needed my money back. They said I had to wait 5 days and if I don’t hear from the merchant, they will refund my money to my paypal account and tell me what I need to do as far as sending it back. I wasn’t fond of having to wait. I figured I should be able to send this broken phone back right away since it didn’t work, but I waited because I had to. So I call ebay back after the 5 days for my refund, they tell me I wont be getting a refund until the merchant has received the phone back. I explained to them the situation with the cell phone company being bought out and im on a huge time crunch now because I was sent a damaged phone. They didn’t care at all. They still refuse to refund my money until I go to kinkos, print out the label they sent me, return the phone and then wait for it to reach the merchant. I will NOT have my money refunded back to me before Cricket makes the change to only GSM capable phones. This means im not only out hundreds of dollars (not only for the phone itself but the accessories for the phone as well as the cost to turn the phone on and the first months payment, as I switched to a new carrier, and none or this is refundable). Ebay and Paypal together have seriously screwed me. Neither of them will refund my money in time to buy a new phone. I will absolutely NEVER buy from ebay again ever and I advise anyone else to stay clear of ebay aswell. They not only lie to you but they are completely unwilling to work with you which should be their priority when being sent damaged items. Their money back guarantee is only if you’re willing to go completely out of your way to do things they way they say to do them. I shouldn’t have had to wait at all to send the phone back. I should have my money back by now.

Tip for consumers: Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in

barbarar39
2/16/15

I ordered a juicer for my son and within an hour he told me it was the wrong item. I immediately contacted them to cancel the order to be told (after three cancellation requests) it had already gone out. No company works that fast! He received the juicer and returned it the same day. To date, I have received no refund for this juicer and not even a response to my inquiry as to the reason....this is unacceptable. There is so much competition now we don't have to put up with poor service!

laceyb1
2/12/15

I've been selling on ebay for 10 years. It is straight up AWFUL to their sellers. Good for buyers, bad for sellers. Buyers can literally make up lies about something you sold, and force a return through ebay and ebay takes the money directly out of your account, whether the buyer returns it or not. The buyer can send back a empty box, but if they get a tracking number, they automatically get a refund and ebay does not care to listen to your side of the story or what you have to say. The buyer is right every time. End of story. You can't email them, and if you try to contact customer service someone in India answers the phone and can NEVER understand the problem or offer any real solution. So tired of getting scammed by ebay because they're too scared of having a disappointed buyer, even if that buyer is a scammer.

Tip for consumers: Good for buyers - bad for sellers.

lindac81
2/12/15

ebay ROCKS!!! i've bought books, cds, beads, yarn, beauty supplies, dog coats....i love the *auction* thing!!

theob26
2/12/15

Selling on ebay the fees somehow seemed to turn out higher than they advertise. Also seller protection is faulty. All someone has to do is say the item they received was damaged and they will take the money out of your account and you have to pay more if you want the damaged item sent back. I had a buyer post pics of a damaged item that wasn't even the same color or pattern jacket i shipped as their 'proof' of damage. Because i shipped priority mail they gave the buyer the money back and pawned me off on the post office for insurance. I got only half my money back and lost $50 on just one sale. Spoke to several ebay representatives who were all useless. If i had known it was that easy for buyers to scam sellers i would have charged the buyer for the extra insurance. Sellers beware.

abdulhadia
2/11/15

I love eBay and do most of my shopping there. As long as one checks the reviews and the country the product is in its all fine. I have never had a bad experience with them apart from some secondhand book dealer in the UK who abused me, but hey, we all know what 2nd hand book dealers can be like.

Tip for consumers: Carefully check the sellers ratings and then decide.

waltb2
2/8/15

Have you ever figured out what eBay charges sellers???? IT IS OVER 11% !!!!! Then PayPal (owned by the same people) charged me an additional 4% for the service of transferring the money, which there is NO OTHER WAY !! YES, a minimum of 15% of my sale comes right of the top - THAT IS USERY !!! I am doing my selling through Amazon (moderately better) and I suggest you do the same. If I deduct 15% of my sales to eBay, I would be better off selling to a pawn shop. THINK ABOUT IT.

Tip for consumers: Buying might be a deal now, but selling is nearly prohibitive - what do you think buying will become? There are many other sites to sell on, if you look, that do not take total advantage of you.

bd27
2/7/15

On 20 January 2015, I purchased a Macbook Pro laptop on eBay for $791. The seller listed it in working order and having been inspected by Apple. The seller had excellent feedback, excellent communication, and it arrived promptly on 23 January.

Just over a week later, the logic board failed, and the seller refused to accept a return, a partial refund for the estimated cost of repairs (an additional $425), or provide documentation that it had been inspected by Apple. The repair shop where I had it inspected confirmed that the logic board was faulty, and that the failure was not caused by user error.

I opened a case with eBay on 3 February stating that the item was not as described (since the seller had no proof that it had been inspected by Apple), and it had failed within the time frame of their 30-day Buyer Protection clause. Ebay closed the case on 5 February in favour of the seller stating that because I had owned it for a week before contacting the seller for a return, it had been altered and was no longer returnable. My purchase should be covered under eBay's 30-day protection, but they have instead sided with a seller who lied about the condition of the computer.

I have spoken directly with the case manager at eBay, but she was not helpful. I have contacted the seller once again requesting a partial refund for cost of repairs or a full refund for a return.

I have filed official complaints about eBay's customer service with the Better Business Bureau and IC3; but I am still out $791 for a computer shaped brick, and an additional $425 if I want it repaired. I cannot contest the charge through PayPal, because the case has been closed, and I cannot contest the charge with my bank, because the seller refuses to authorise a return for the computer.

The customer service team is unhelpful, rude, and hung up on me twice after I respectfully requested to appeal the case. I have been an eBay customer since 2006, and I have had excellent dealings with eBay up until now. But I can honestly say that I have never been made to feel so helpless and insulted by a company that I once trusted. Don't expect anything from the eBay customer service team, specifically the high value items division of the Appeals Department.

dalec21
2/5/15

I bid on an auction on Jan. 19th before the auction had ended. Ebay sent me a notice that "auction ended" and "you are the high bidder" with a 10:00 pm time stamp on it. I took a screenshot of it and waited to be able to pay. It came to pass that ebay had let two other bidders into the auction after I had won the auction. The first two reps that I spoke with (a clerk and a so called manager) were very off putting and kept telling me that I should contact the seller. What a joke. Does John Donahoe even know how his customers are treated? The integrity that ebay has known is apparently not a part of its present day form. I believe I was lied to (repeatedly after I was cheated and complained ... and I believe that I was cheated. And after ebay sent me a notice that said "auction ended" and "you are the highest bidder" the passing off and the canned speaches started. I was then told by a mgr on January 19th ... the day ebay took my auction win from me ... not to call in or open any more resolutions as this will delay the process and slow things down. Then she told me that this should be resolved in 3-5 days. Today is February the 5th and I just spent over an hour and 39 minutes being passed around and treated like I should be sorry that I was a good customer of the once proud and honest ebay.

billw67
2/3/15

Ebay is a great site. Their basic search engine on the home page and options to view various different categories is easy to use.

Members can sell or buy by make bids for items and the site is constantly updated with new prices and new auctions...I am sure as most of you know.

Great concept which does not get old.

Tip for consumers: Don't go anywhere else...

peterl78
2/2/15

have had more trouble than its worth. not happy, mess around wait to long for responces and overall not in to this. i hope there on there way out. save people.

Tip for consumers: test buy, small.

broch
2/1/15

I have had 3 buys in 2years on ebay, one purchase in 2013 for a tool seller sent sex book and ripped of many other buyers , next one was month ago for tool battery which nothing came but they took funds, and now waiting on return of funds on defective materials sent to me last week. Ebay has become a den of thieves, and ebay allows them to operate since ebay gets money from their wares. Save yourself heartache, phone calls, and your valuable time, do not do business with ebay!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Ebay is a den of thieves with ebay condoning their activities and dragging out the investigation process hoping all will go away and they in turn get to keep funds.

veenav
1/29/15

Ordered Nutribullet on ebay. Having paid a whole 15 k for the product,ebay doesnt mail me the delivery or even tracking details. After one week I had to call up ebay i numerable number of times to ask what exactly is the status of my delivery. Finally when the product did arrive the user manual was missing. Again more time had to be put in in making calls. As for the customer care,I would give it a negative marking. They seem to have no patience,cut us short,and downright rude. Go for flipkart instead. I had no choice since the product was not on flipkart. Flipkart pampers their customers with regular mails regarding their delivery,polite customer care and instant resolutions.

rosat2
1/28/15

Thanks to ebay I can purchase items that do not sell in my country. It has a buyer protection system which gives me confidence for the return of my money. Iam buyer since 3 years"

kennethc30
1/27/15

"I will never use eBay again. I suggest you don't either. I ordered 3 things from 3 different resellers and none of them ever arrived even though their tracking states it was delivered. eBay then advised that I was not entitled to a refund. This is the worst customer experience of any kind that I have ever had to deal with. I feel like I have been stolen from and there nothing I can do about it. "

kevinm107
1/26/15

i still enjoy buying the odd bargain on ebay, but the days of the casual seller are long gone. unless you operate as a large business seller, then ebay will come down on you like a ton of bricks. the customer service feels like it's practically run by computer programs. trying to speak to a human, never mind the same human twice is virtually impossible by phone or email.

carlb39
1/22/15

This review is about Ebay and their total lack of professionalism .
i have been buying items on ebay for several years with no problems , then i decided to sell an item ,what a mistake !!!!!!
i sold an item for £830 ,the buyer made a complaint that it was not as described and opened a case against me . I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT !
I agreed to send the refund in full once a had checked that the item had not been damaged in transit or by the buyer . The buyer posted the item but as i was away for a couple of days , the delivery was not made ,and parcel force made a mistake on the their records ,saying I had refused delivery .I WAS NOT HERE TO REFUSE WHICH I CAN PROVE
parcel force then returned the item to the buyer the next working day who keeps it and does not inform ebay or myself , i tell ebay i have not got the item but as parcel force records show it was refused ebay pays the buyer a refund , ebay then closes the case in the buyers favor and my ebay account is closed and ebay issues me with a collection notice for £830 .I have spoken to costumer service at ebay many times and sent dozens of emails explaining the issue even made formal complaints and threaten court action against ebay without a proper response from ebay .
just email after email threatening action against me if i do not pay them

MY ADVICE DO NOT SELL ON EBAY !!!!!!

breanz
1/18/15

Have been shopping online here for years, have never had an issue, shipping is fast and customer service is great. Love the wide mix of items available and you can choose US only (some things I like to get from US only, don't mind buying out of country but love the option)

brianb73
1/18/15

Ebay is great except they don't have a product review, like amazon.com. All we can review is the store, so a store can get away with selling something bad. And really; allot of times I want to give a positive review for a item, maybe allot more than a bad review. I have items I have bought more than a year ago that I would still like to say it's a great produsct, like this heavy duty tarp, when I first bought it it was thin and I wasn't sure how good it was except the price, but it's great and lasting fine that I want to give it a 3 thumbs up review, but I can't.

Tip for consumers: It all depends on what you buy on quality, and watch for where the item is being shipped; from china you might have to wait awhile!

pattys13
1/17/15

An indeed great solution to shop at home. Hate being in offline shops.
Customer service is always looking forward to protect customers from scams

gladysr2
1/16/15

be_be store sells almost exclusively what it describes as "authentic" Tiffany jewelry. The jewelry I received was fraudulent. I believe this seller's very large inventory of Tiffany items is air mailed free from China (google "Tiffany China). Merchant turns very nasty when asked about her source of jewelry: I received emailed ill wishes and threats towards me personally and also my husband and daughter (their names presumably obtained from Google). I've learned my lesson: BUY TIFFANY FROM TIFFANY.

Tip for consumers: Please be aware that authentic Tiffany jewelry cannot likely be bought on eBay. There are many sellers like be_be store on eBay. Any seller who has has more than a few pieces of Tiffany jewelry for sale is very likely offering counterfeit items from China. Always check the return policy.

lc37
1/13/15

Received my second order from Odem_nowadays shop in Ebay and gave 2 positive, one neutral and one negative comment on the 4 items received. That was due to one item bent due to having been packed folded, not enough padding for the items, so the bag had torn, and slightly slow shipment. They kindly offered to refund the bent item, and I revised my rating for the item to positive. Otherwise the items were nice quality, just as promised, and the price was good.

Never received my fist order of 5 items, that had already shipped prior to me placing the second order. After 30+ days' wait and then a month of many emails nothing was done by them to correct the issue, but they kept hinting that they could not help because I had not given fully positive review to them, and as a small company they need and deserve perfect reviews. I could not change the review afterwards to an unrelated order and cannot see the relevance. They seemed to suggest that maybe both orders had been shipped together, but the shipping notice for the first order was prior to placing the second order. Gave me a promise a few times to reship the order and twice to refund within 48 hours, but nothing happened as time passed by. Got refund from Paypal.

They still bothered to send me a message to say that it is important not to leave any negative or neutral feedback/review for them for the order that I never received.

Free shipping does not really benefit either the customer or seller. The estimated cost must be added to item price for the business to survive, but not specifying the shipping cost as a part of the total cost makes the customs fees and duties higher for the buyer. As a buyer I would be encouraged to make only small orders, below the dutiable value, which causes added work and cost for the seller.

Well, on the other hand I would not place any large order to a seller that I have not found reliable. And sad to say, this shop was not reliable.

Lots of nonsense and trouble. No option for tracking number for shipment.

Ebay itself is a great concept. Customer service only reachable by phone, and resolutions only available via Paypal. All depends on if the seller is reliable.

Tip for consumers: Avoid: http://www.ebay.com/usr/odem_nowadays

Ebay itself is OK.

Would be good if Sitejabber could show the whole link provided for the review, as this review was not written about Ebay.com, but about a specific shop on Ebay platform.

dennisk22
1/13/15

I recently purchased fake Morgan silver dollars from a seller through eBay. When I returned the fakes, I did not get my refund. The eBay money back guarantee is worthless. Trying to contact the company is a joke. The responses are spindled through some kind of a knothole through their customer service and resolution center. The link to "call eBay" does not show up on their site. The seller was from China, so not even our police authorities were interested in pursuing this fraud. I would encourage sellers and buyers to be very aware of the lack of integrity of eBay. If you buy and sell long enough, you will learn this lesson the hard way.

maraschillod
1/13/15

Great ppl i had a guy rip me off and not send the product i had a lil bit of trouble at first but after 2hours we ot everything settled thank god ont give up on ebay

redpandam
1/12/15

EBAY IS AWESOMEEE
I just love it.
I usually buy phone cases, gadgets, swimsuits, techsuits (for you competitive swimmers out there)
There are always some bad customers though...
But I love the prices I can find. Things like an Iphone otterbox case, I got for $10!! It's originally at around what.. $50 in stores? So this was a great find. Everything I bought so far has come in great condition, just the way the sellers depict it. I've even found an arena techsuit at $70 which was awesome from the original of around $150.
love this site.

alayhama
1/12/15

they are always at the seller side no buyer protections as they are claiming , i have 4 bad experiences with them the seller selling fake not as described or counterfeited products .
the escalations tools they have not very limited and not giving the chance to give full feedback

Tip for consumers: ebay allowing seller to trade with counterfeited products and unauthorized items

mikem227
1/9/15

stay away if you're selling, the buyer protection program forces you to take returns, that's fine if there is a real issue. My buyer didn't like the item, sent it back with the critical parts missing so i opened a "case" with ebay to get my items back. ebay refunded the customer without getting my parts back, this left my item useless. i called customer service and the official ebay response was "lost or missing items from a return is considered a cost of doing business".i'm not a business but ebay dosent care. the fees are outrageous. no sellers no ebay...! Wait it gets better...so i get an email that my checking account is overdrawn. Ebay takes the refund directly from my checking account bypassing Paypal. My paypal account had the available funds i was anticipating the return. that was another 3 hours on the phone and no customer satisfaction again. i called my bank and turned them in for a fraudulent transaction. there was a time when i would have given ebay 5 stars, not anymore. ohhh....yeah and you cant give negative feedback about a buyer. i had a customer make an offer on an item i accepted the offer, he never paid so you have to work to get through the ebaysite to get seller fees refunded then when you go to relist your item ebay charges you again. not to mention the lost time or potential sale because of slow or uncertain buyer. ebay wont last long screwing the sellers...no sellers no ebay

Tip for consumers: there are alternative sites for selling, i wish i had the cash,i would open a new online web store.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
A: i did one time there, not bad, i think i will buy more from ebay
11/16/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for eBay