US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 53 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 304 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 204 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

justinh54
5/25/15

No matter what ingenious new tricks eBay comes up with to manipulate their users, the Internet giant, along with their wholly-owned subsidiary PayPal, just can't escape the increasing wrath of angry users' dissatisfaction. The site is now experiencing its lowest rating of trust since a series of aftershocks that continue to rock eBay ever since their disastrous facelift of 2008.

For years, they naively hoped the fallout from that self-inflicted gunshot would have blown east and been forgotten, but the hits from those catastrophic mistakes just keep on a-comin'.

This recent round of bad decisions began when they masked all users' ID's from the listings. After February, 2008, eBay buyers and sellers would only see scrambled anagrams where user's screen names used to be.

Then, they removed the bidder's search feature. That prevented the growing wave of users who were suspicious of fraudulent activity, from identifying illegal bidding. 'Shill' bidding is an age-old, unethical and highly illegal auction trick which eBay only flaccidly discouraged, but which is now aggressively promoted to inject revenue into sagging profits.

Next, they launched a nebulous program to phase out contact between buyers and sellers. The ''Ask a Question" button disappeared from the main body of the listing, and ended up buried toward the bottom of the page, among the fine print and legalese. Buyers can still make contact, but their inquiries (and sellers' replies) are audited and users' emails scrambled. And these bullies are dead serious: if a conversation goes past two emails, the buyer will usually get a threatening email warning from eBay, often followed by a telephone call with bullying and more threats. The poor buyer is then permanently drop-kicked from the site "for abusing" the 'Ask Seller a Question' feature.

Eventually the Item Number disappeared from plain view, and can only be found by using a magnifying glass.

Frustrated they could no longer make casual contact with sellers, buyers began relying more and more on the seller's feedback score rating, which included how often complaints are logged, dates of entries and how long the seller has been active. But now all those have been removed - either buried in more off-page 'drill-down' or eliminated altogether.

The result has been a whiplash effect: the loss of person-to-person communications has turned users into nameless, faceless robots who feel no obligation for truth, honesty or courtesy. And that isn't boding well for the Internet's "we're all family" themed website.

A long-time eBay employee, who spoke on condition of anonymity, said eBay's long-range goal is to remove all data about buyers and sellers, leaving only the item being sold and eBay's own profit-driven payment software.

That means no names, no locations, no questions, no complaint history, no dates, no feedback comments, no seller ratings. "The plan launched in 2008 was to implement these changes slowly, so as not to create a stampede from the site," the source said, drawing on the analogy of putting a frog into a pot of water and letting it come to a gradual boil. "It was implemented to be a ten-year plan, but it appears that may be extended," he said, declining to explain further.

When questioned about the increasing number of eBay sellers making conscious, deliberate misrepresentations on everything from toys, antiques, electronics and auto parts, to sellers mailing a paper picture of an expensive item the bidder believed he was actually buying, the source deflected the question saying only, "Buyers always have the option of returning something if they aren't happy." Predictably, eBay's own recent polls reflect the lowest level of seller trust in the site's twenty-year history.

He then made a reference to the eBay Buyer Protection Program. But hundreds of thousands of bidders aren't happy with that protection, citing fine print that excludes virtually everything, which fact only comes to light when there's a problem. If something ever does qualify, it's usually an inexpensive item, and then it's only covered under a narrowly defined, highly implausible set of circumstances.

As for eBay, it doesn't appear there's any turning back. Jiminy Cricket said it best: "You buttered your bread, now sleep in it," meaning, you've made your own mess, take care of it yourself.

NOTE: Ockie Ditchbank is eBay's Public Enemy # 1.

Tip for consumers: eBay's value as an easy, inexpensive, fun way to sell off items you no longer need, is ten years obsolete. They create increasingly complex new rules, only enforce them randomly, and never abide by their own rules.

As with all areas of an increasingly fraudulent Internet, eBay is on the cutting edge of innovative new ways to commit fraud, against both its buyers and sellers.

sg50
5/24/15

Good overall but disappointed by sellers' tendency to try to buy you off so you don't post the truth about a poor product.

dylanb37
5/24/15

I never really had to many bad transactions till lately. It seems like one after another. I did 3 charges in a week from being scammed

lesliel22
5/24/15

I'VE BEEN A SELLER FOR 17 YEARS WITH 100% FB AND HAVE SEEN THE SITE DETERIORATE SIGNIFICAN'TLY OVER THE YEARS. WHEN THEY STOPPED ALLOWING SELLERS TO GIVE NEG FEEDBACK FOR BAD BUYERS, THAT WAS THE BEGINNING OF THE END. NOW SELLERS HAVE NO IDEA WHAT KIND OF SLEEZY BUYERS ARE BIDDING ON THEIR ITEMS.

AS I SAID I'VE HAD 100% FB OVER THE YEARS. NOW I HAVE A SKANK BUYER WHO HAS BUYER'S REMORSE AND LIED ABOUT THE CONDITION OF THE ITEM SHE BOUGHT FROM ME AND REPORTED THE ITEM NOT AS DESCRIBED. HOWEVER I DESCRIBED EVERY ASPECT OF THE ITEM'S CONDITION WITH NUMEROUS PICS POSTED AS I ALWAYS DO. SHE DECIDED THAT SHE DIDN'T WANT IT AFTER ALL AND FILED A REQUEST TO RETURN WITH EBAY. SINCE EBAY "ENCOURAGED" ME TO REFUND HER $$ AND ALWAYS TAKES THE SIDE OF THE BUYER, I WAS AFRAID THAT THEY'D TAKE OVER AND REFUND HER $$ AND ALLOW HER TO KEEP THE $250 ITEM SO I WAS FORCED TO ACCEPT THE RETURN AND REFUND HER IN FULL WITH ORIGINAL AND RETURN SHIPPING COSTS.!!!! SHE ALSO POSTED NEG FB WHICH BRINGS MY 100% RATING TO 96%, THE LOWEST RATING I'VE EVER RECEIVED AND IT'S ALL FRAUD.

BUT I'VE DECIDED EBAY IS NOT WORTH LOSING SLEEP OVER SO I DON'T GIVE A RAT'S ASS WHAT RATING I GET. I WORKED DILIGENTLY TO DESCRIBE EVERY ITEM I'VE EVER LISTED COMPLETELY AND ACCURATELY AND MY SOLD ITEMS WERE SHIPPED SAME DAY OR NEXT.. AND THIS IS NOW WHAT I HAVE TO SHOW FOR IT. BUT NO MORE. I'LL NOT BE BUYING OR SELLING MUCH ANYMORE AND IF ANYTHING SELLS, I'LL MAIL THEM WHEN IT'S CONVENIENT FOR ME. THERE'S NO ADVANTAGE FOR SELLERS DOING EVERYTHING RIGHT ON THIS SITE.

danm97
5/23/15

The fees these guys apply are outrageous.
Great site where to buy but if you are a seller, there are way better sites and places where to sell your stuff.

melvinp7
5/21/15

I ordered a jacket from user xiaomei886809 . The user assured me the item will be delivered and seeing the positive reviews I waited. But after the 90 day period got over ebay doesn't allow me to send a feedback nor contact the user.

This is absurd and ebay is a very bad option to buy anything

erice23
5/20/15

I bought something years back and complained that I did not receive the item. EBay then closed my account for no reason. I tried to dispute but it fell on deaf ears. Ever since then (past 8 to 10 years) I have not used them and don't miss them. I would never recommend EBay to anyone.

jfm
5/17/15

I buy in ebay frecuently, the sellers are serious allways, and the has the best products, the auctions are very serious

mickeys14
5/16/15

Buy it now is fab! You can get some great deals, free shipping on some items...but I can almost always find anything.

beatm
5/15/15

SELLERS BEWARE!! as an Individual Seller, i just recently screwed by a buyer claimed that the item I sold is damage, thought its just a minor or a manufacturing defect that he stated but turns out when I got the return item back it was totally damaged! It was in brand new condition when I sent it. But ebay gave the favor and refund the guy without even investigating or what, didnt even gave me a chance to appeal they can not do anything they said. the first customer service said that I can appeal and there's a seller protection, and transfer to the guy incharge of appealing, then said they can not do anything I can not make an appeal. Bottom line is they don't care at all especially to the small time sellers!! there is no really cuctomer care support! and the buyer who tricked I hope he rot in hell you know who you are Egyptian guy who lives in California. SELLERS BEWARE!!

mcf6
5/13/15

Pathetic bad service....everything MUST BE AN ADVANTAGE for Ebay!
....I have over 500 positive feedbacks....one negative one from a doorknob that had no clue on what a feedback is or why is left...
Well....because of Ebay bull$#*! rules, my feedbacks are at 97.3%...really....
It is very clear that Ebay is no going to do anything about it....
Why..well...with their dumb rules I'll have to post and sale hundreds of items ( and pay Ebay)
to have my feedback rating go up....
Ebay is all about it self....nothing happens unless they make $$$.
Not what Ebay was....now the crooks are protected and the honest people Ebay members since 1997 are penalized!!!
Pathetic....

larryd32
5/11/15

I bought pants,NWT, and they had a hole in them.EBay seller refused refund.EBay supported him.I am stuck with pants I cant wear.Dont buy clothes on EBay

ff20
5/11/15

EBAY IS ABSOLUTELY UTTERLY CORRUPT. WHEN A SELLER ASKS TO REMOVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK EBAY REMOVES THE NEGATIVE FEEDBACK JUST BECAUSE SELLER ASK THEM. THEY NEVER LISTEN BUYER'S SIDE OF THE STORY.THEY NEVER INFORM BUYER BEFORE THEY REMOVE A NEGATIVE FEEDBACK.AND WHEN BUYER ASK HELP OR EXPLANATION EBAY SEND JUST NONSENSE EMAILS NEVER ADDRESS BUYERS CONCERN.EBAY NEVER HELPS BUYERS.IF YOU GET A FAULTY PRODUCT NEVER EXPECT YOU WILL GET A REFUND.WHATEVER SELLER ALLEGE THAT IS ACCEPTED BY EBAY INSTANTLY WITHOUT BUYER'S KNOWLEDGE.LEAVING NEGATIVE FEEDBACK IS A WASTE OF TIME BECAUSE WHEN A SELLER ASKS EBAY TO REMOVE IT, CONSIDER IT IS DONE,YES SIR. I WILL NEVER EVER BUY ANYTHING FROM EBAY AGAIN.CUSTOMER SERVICE IS A FAIRY TALE IF YOU NEED IT FROM EBAY.

corbins1
5/9/15

ok well It started from me selling a 500 dollar product then they wanted me to pay them for me selling my own product. I paid and then I wanted to delete my account, they charged my paypal 132.80 for NOTHING. I didn't authorize anything and now I cant get my money back because they finished the deletion process after they charged my account. I will never use this corrupt $#*! website again. ohh by the way ebay owns paypal, ebay charges you 10 percent as a seller and paypal charges you close to 6 percent from the money you receive. corrupt pieces of $#*!.

aparnab
5/9/15

I will never use ebay anymore.every time they cheated.I hate ebay . all guarantee in ebay was fraud.this is my first and last time.

paulusg
5/8/15

Pros
- Huge community to sell your products

Cons
- Overpriced services (10% + PayPal Fees)
- They take down your listings

nicolleb
5/6/15

Always a good service order from there all the time

morgans25
5/4/15

Ebay just updated their listing terms. Not only does it limit the number of free listings you get a month, but it offers little to absolutely no incentive for auction style listings whatsoever...unless, of course, you're willing to open an Ebay store at top dollar so you can get a $.05 discount per listing. I plan to keep using Ebay for purchases because I live in small town America, but as a independent seller it just isn't worth it anymore.

Tip for consumers: Great for purchases, but, with the latest policy update, it's officially not worth it to be an independent seller on the site.

dmp
5/4/15

First of all, if you didn't know it already - EBAY charges 10% commission when you sell something and that doesn't count the nickel and dimeng they do when they charge you just to list something! If you use any of their for-a-fee listing features like "make your listing stand out" etc. they will charge. You may end up paying up to $2 to list something if you use all their features and that is on top of the 10% commission once your item sells. This doesn't count the fee you will incur when using paypal to receive payment which is somewhere around 3% or more so anything you sell on there. If you sell something for $50 don't think that's what you're getting. You are getting about $35 in the end. Their fees used to be reasonable. Now they are highway robbery. They also have had you by the b**ls for a long time, forcing people to use PayPal as a payment source. You used to be able to receive money orders or use different payment options.

Even though Ebay is a household name now they have changed. It used to be a little fun, even a pleasure, to buy and sell on ebay. Now they have instituted a campaign to get rid of the small sellers that made them successful in the first place. They have instituted a strict, unfair ratings system for sellers. Buyers can buy an item and never pay for the item and STILL leave you negative feedback. If you sell to a deadbeat buyer you have no real recourse because sellers can no longer leave negative feedback for buyers but bad buyers can ruin your good reputation very easily, even get your account suspended for no reason just to be nasty. If a buyer wins your auction or buy it now they now have 2 days to pay. If they still don't pay you can open a case which takes another 3 or 4 days so your item is being held hostage by ebay all that time. They can bid $1 more than the last bidder and never pay so your item is held up. By the time you can offer the previous bidder a second chance offer they have moved on. There is too much negative info to post - it would take up numerous pages - but Ebay fails to recognize that over half of their sellers are still just regular people and not companies. All these new seller policies are designed to get rid of the small sellers whose livelihood may have previously depended on ebay. It seems like their goal is to attract large sellers, mostly from China, and be nothing more than a huge online Dollar Store with low quality products from China. Also, all these strict seller policies they have incorporated has done nothing to weed out bad sellers. They just make new accounts or have several different ones for backup. One seller I had a bad transaction with - they misrepresented what they were selling - on another site, decided to get revenge because I returned the item and reverse looked up my phone number and opened an account on ebay with it. I have called ebay at least 6 times, was promised that my # would be removed and, still, it has not. There is so much askew with this company that I'd advise you to delete your entire account with ebay, move on and never look back.

rajivm1
4/30/15

BAD IMEI REPAIR Note 2 i317 AT&T Samsung Galaxy MOTHERBOARD is fraud seller

Tip for consumers: fraud seller

racquelnn
4/30/15

It was my first time using Ebay and it is my LAST time using Ebay. I purchased an $85 product off a company called "southflspa" who never sent me my item and who would not respond to my emails or Ebay's emails. This company did not use tracking on the item they were "supposed" to have sent me which is highly suspicious. I truly think they are a scam. I have used Amazon for fifteen years and have NEVER had a problem, then to come to Ebay and use them once which results in a massive headache trying to contact Customer Service, file claims, call over and over for a resolution... who needs that!? No thanks. I will never use Ebay again.

udayj1
4/27/15

Think twice while shopping from ebay.in.
Once you bought the product they will not take it return back
They have falsely mentioned 100% ebay guarantee and excellent return policy.
Once you buy the product then they ll give you lame excused of their claim policy.
And they have such a complicated return policy unlike Jabong, Myntra, Yebhi, Freecultr, zovi, flipkart, amazon, snapdeal and new site like feero fashion.
I have faced this issue myself.
When I try to return my product under assumption that ebay has worldwide brand name.
And they will have transparent return policy but I was wrong.
So people please think twice before doing shopping with ebay.

laurae19
4/27/15

Bought my wedding dress on ebay from ebay seller couturemissbridal. I waited the length of the shipping period, my dress did not come. I waited 2 more days giving them the benefit of the doubt, no dress. I send several emails, no answer. I finally hunted down the business online to and got their phone number. Their answer? Sorry, we sold that dress to someone else......... That was going to be my wedding dress. Worst ebay experience.

judyb29
4/26/15

I have not had a bad purchase yet. My boyfriend has been a member for a long time and after we got married he showed me Ebay and how it works. Now I shop till my butt hurts, I don't have to drop! lol. Great deals and Paypal guarantees satisfaction. I only had one issue that the item did not come by due date and the seller sent extra items to make up the lateness.

lanip2
4/25/15

eBay stole my money!
I am livid I had placed an order for some Georgetown 11 Jordans. I place this order on April 15th I was told the package will take 5 to 10 business days my package supposably was delivered but once I got home from a hard days of work it was not there I contacted eBay they told me they would open a claim they did so and because their site shows it had been delivered I was denied my refund. I had only one mix up where somebody had stolen the previous package of mine that I had ordered from eBay after that they told me the post office would no longer be handling my deliveries I even had a post office lady show up to my house and say we will no longer be handling your deliveries and after that I had ordered two items off of ebay 1 pair of shoes and hair dye no problem before sign for and delivered after wasting my hundred and eighty dollars for a pair of shoes that I didn't receive I am out my money and I am out my shoes eBay customer service was rude I contact the seller rude as well I feel f***** over no one is helping me no one is even listening to what I have to say so I'm sitting here both items I don't bring my cash and shoes itself.

tinat18
4/24/15

Sometimes find bargains but a little hit and miss, prices sometimes cheap but postage really expensive

malb4
4/23/15

Ordered a reverse camera it arrived but was faulty, contacted enjoy24 and said they would replace it after 6 months and aprox 10 to 15 emails nothing, I paid 18 dollars for it and they offered 4 dollars back because they could not afford any more, they finally offered full refund if I sent item back as I did, it's been 2 months and now they say they did not receive it.l advise every body not to deal with them they are very untrustworthy and deceiving. The company sells on ebay as enjoy24hours
Mal

Tip for consumers: Don't use

heidiv6
4/23/15

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING YOU BUY ON EBAY OR TRUST EBAY TO HELP WITH YOUR RESOLUTION!!!! I bought a brought a product from ebay. The seller claimed it was new. When I got the product I found that it had been a used product. It then took me another almost three weeks to get a return label for ebay would email the seller and then I was not able to respond for three business days. Upon finally getting the return label apparently they only give you five days to mail it back. Unfortunately by the time the return label showed up I was on a trip and upon my return I mailed it back. They now have the product back and are refusing to refund my money because I didn't ship it back to them within five days!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!"

jerrys50
4/21/15

Twice I bought things thru them and I've had to return them both. No More.

wilmac1
4/17/15

Ebay cheats people out of money by saying thing are free to relist then when you relist they charge you for relisting. They also recomend that you do this or that so your item will sell better they charge for that and numerous other things they say are free they charge anyway. When you call them about it they say we don't do that give me an example of what you are talking about, so you give them the example and they still DOUBLE TALK and lie about it. They were a good place to buy and sell when they first starter the website but now they have gotten so greet you can not make any money on Ebay because they charge for thing they say are FREE

apostler
4/15/15

Ebay customer service is the worst ever!
it's been 3 whole months that a hold and restriction were supposed to be removed out of my account and up to this day they still have not removed it. they took my money 3 full months ago and my due balance to them is reported $0.00 and yet they refused to remove the hold. they keep tossing me from one department to the next, they keep telling me within 24 hours, within 3 days and nothing was done. yesterday i spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they said in 24 hours; well it's been over 28 hours and my privileges are still restricted. Ebay DOES NOT care about us, they will take your money in 2 seconds but will take months to do their end of the bargain. I will never recommend ebay to someone again and i will continue to speak about my total dissatisfaction with ebay. you all are a bunch of crooks.

stevec111
4/14/15

They treat sellers like dirt and let scammers get away with too much.

annaf23
4/13/15

I recently bought a few items on ebay. I shopped around and ultimately bought a beautiful Kate Spade dress. Payment and shipping was perfect. No bumps in the road.

sarahs145
4/13/15

Rarely is there an issue using eBay or gumtree. If there is ever an issue with a seller, they are so quick to help you fix the issues
Being an eBayer for some years and will continue to be for years to come.

miyac1
4/13/15

I have been buying a lot of stuff from ebay and it is very convenient to buy on ebay using Paypal and it is also very safe. The issue is you always have to find a good seller with great products, sometimes the purchase maybe not very satisfied and the return cost is very high especially for international sellers. Anyone, it is not bad!

gavinm17
4/11/15

I contacted a seller with a question more than a week ago, TWICE and they never responded. I thought perhaps for some reason they may not be getting my question so I contacted eBay with the concern and they said they would not send them an email notifying them of this. I realize an emergency might have kept them away but still, a notification of some type must be possible and if not eBay should make one easily incorporated as an auto response to question in such a case. So what if half the sellers on eBay decided to put their items on there then just sit back and ignore potential buyers, is that good business practice? Rather a turn off to me and I went elsewhere

heidif2
4/5/15

I am a frequent Ebayer! I have changed about 75% of my clothes shopping for this spring and summer! But you have to watch where it comes from. I found that if it comes from China or Hong Kong the sizing is way wrong and it takes forever to get! So I only shop the USA

jamesh159
4/4/15

Must have fixed the bugs, cos it does exactly what is needed, search, bid and check auctions. set up is a bit weird but Love it!

piob
4/3/15

Out of 10 orders in general I getting scammed twice. At least paypal return money after some time. Anything else is good, especially trusted sellers.

lonnieh22
4/2/15

Selling on Ebay is pretty easy to do. Buying is somewhat risky. I own a webstore, and ebay can be helpful to promote your website by leaving a link to your 'Terms' page on your website on a listing. I recommend if you can't find a specialist for what you seek, use Ebay.

derickf4
4/2/15

This is why I really dislike ebay: Literally no support as a seller and they fee you three separate times when selling. 1st when you post the item, 2nd when it sells, and 3rd when PayPal charges you after transferring the money. (PayPal is owned by ebay) - They know they have the largest amount of viewers looking to buy items, and that they're the largest online auctioning website. So they can get away with being tyrants, and feeing the crap out of hard working sales people. - Also their policies are terrible!! Heres an example of their return policy; Lets just say you sell an item for $500 that you've bought for $350. You've just instantly lost $50 off that from the "10% roughly" selling fee, and have also lost "lets just say $10" for the insertion fee. Then to add on top of that they'll take about 3% off the $500 for PayPal fees, thus making you lose a total of $75 (so even if there wasn't a customer return you'd only make $75 profit). Where I'm getting at with this is that if a customer decides to return that item for some reason, ebay will automatically give them a FULL refund of $500 out of YOUR pocket.. Thus making you lose $75 for no reason what so ever besides having that item listed and getting it back.. - In my opinion both ebay and Paypal should also give the seller their money back for all three fee's they've charged them. But why would they care when they already have your money in their pockets and there's nothing you can do about it because you've already agreed to the terms and conditions? Hmm...

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

kevinm114
4/2/15

I have bought 6 things on Ebay the past 2 months and 4 of them tried to scam me---Not good odds.

rts2
4/1/15

Non-genuine Ebay.in Service.!

I Ordered "Replacement Front Glass Digitizer Touch Screen for Lava Iris 501 - Black"(251800333165) on 08-Feb-15 . But I received Front Glass for Nokia Lumia @ 998. Now I need the product what I have ordered or refund my cash. I having bills & all details with me. My Order Details

Courier name: BLUE DART
Airway Bill Details: 59306904650
My Contact Number: 9092838494 Record no: 38061
Paisa pay ID 38551328150
ITEM NO : 251800333165

This is issue going on last 2 months. i'm pushing to one corner to another corner by ebay & seller. I dont know how to react for this issue. they're cheating me by telling lies. can I file a case in consumer court.? I have all bills & their mail responses with me now

Tip for consumers: Dont buy ebay Products. not a valuable Product they are issuing ..

refaelc
3/31/15

I put an IPhone 5 for sale. Time after time maybe 7 times people bought the IPhone and expect me to send it to them before they pay. It's give me the feeling that everybody in eBay are fraud

stefaniec5
3/30/15

Was an occasional buyer and seller on eBay for years, with 100% positive rating both ways. Will be canceling my account now because site no longer maintains customer service in any capacity (!!!) ("Customers" - what's that? Who needs it?) Not even some fake overseas call center, text line, chat... nothing. Site is full of lies about "contact" options and "satisfaction guarantees", but when tried, these links all go to useless Q&A pages while dishonest sellers defraud buyers, take the money and run. And there is no recourse against it. I lost way too much money to two dishonest sellers in a row and without any way to get a hold of eBay. My heartfelt advice is to STAY AWAY.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here! You will regret it!

darlac1
3/29/15

always buying for my grandkids

mikem243
3/27/15

I was a seller & buyer on eBay for years until one day a seller had produced an image of a product that I needed, but the description was wrong, so I never proceeded with the sale. Like any shop cart right? If you don't process payment, you don't get charged. Not on ebay! They try to force you to purchase the product, meanwhile charging your card every month a small amount, for Lord only knows why. So you can have the account for years, not sell or buy anything, and they charge you. They also refuse to credit your account when you have proof of trying to cancel the account months ago ... I would highly discourage ANYONE from this place. They use people that barely speak English, and essentially have made up their own rules that are not in the best interest of buyers. Run away from setting up an account. There are other places to get good deals on the net that don't pull unethical moves on you, trust me.

bandarus
3/26/15

They will not answer to any of your questions and also they want only money of they got once thats it they will not think of you again if u want acc to me flipkart is the best site

steveh107
3/26/15

I won an iPhone 6 for a great price only to find out that it had been stolen. I contacted the number that came up when i tried to activate it and it was the number of the original owner. We filed police reports and I tried to get the ok from ebay to get the rightful owner his phone but what was weird was that eBay requested that I return the phone to the seller, who I think stole the phone. Customer service initially told me to just file a dispute with the seller instead of contacting the police, which I thought was odd. It could have just been the customer service agent I spoke to as they later informed me to file a police report.
I'm supposed to get my money back soon which I am happy about. I wish that ebay would have worked more with law enforcement to get the original owner his phone.

Tip for consumers: Just because a product does not come up as stolen, it still could be stolen. But, verifying them covers you most of the time.

wrh
3/26/15

hey just a word of warning be careful of buying on eBay let me say some seller's have good reps there and stand behind what they sell ,, but eBay has been flood with bad sellers they list stuff as new and when you get it its used , they have got smart on the shipping charges and over charge you on the shipping and the it cost you more to ship stuff back than its worth to them ,the buyer protection is a joke, just don't take my word for it look at the new ebay Rules & policies just look at the sellers feedback before buying and make sure its a high number and its 97 or greater just a warning to all

Tip for consumers: LIKE I SAID LOOK AT THE SELLER'S FEEDBACK 97 OR GREATER AND LOOK AT THE NEW EBAY Rules & policies

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
Answer
danj16
A: I had three experiences...all were bad...so I would tread lightly there. Ebay certainly was no help when it did occur, and in one case denied the listing. I had taken a screen shot of it though and showed them...so they simply deleted my account. How was that for support....
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: What good is the review of a product I buy if only positive reviews are acceptable? I was contacted to change my negative review to a positive one. So am I supposed to lie?
1 week ago
Answer
stuarts1
A: You already know the answer and that is you do not change your negative to a positive. If you do not know right from wrong maybe you should not do reviews. But you already knew that. Answer to question: NO
6 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for eBay