US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 49 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 279 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 186 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

tinat18
4/24/15

Sometimes find bargains but a little hit and miss, prices sometimes cheap but postage really expensive

malb4
4/23/15

Orderd a reverse camera it arrived but was faulty, contacted enjoy24 and said they would replace it after 6 months and aprox 10 to 15 emails nothing, I paid 18 dollars for it and they offered 4 dollars back because they could not afford any more, they finally offered full refund if I sent item back as I did, it's been 2 months and now they say they did not receive it.l advise every body not to deal with them they are very untrustworthy and deceiving. The company sells on ebay as enjoy24hours
Mal

heidiv6
4/23/15

DO NOT TRUST ANYTHING YOU BUY ON EBAY OR TRUST EBAY TO HELP WITH YOUR RESOLUTION!!!! I bought a brought a product from ebay. The seller claimed it was new. When I got the product I found that it had been a used product. It then took me another almost three weeks to get a return label for ebay would email the seller and then I was not able to respond for three business days. Upon finally getting the return label apparently they only give you five days to mail it back. Unfortunately by the time the return label showed up I was on a trip and upon my return I mailed it back. They now have the product back and are refusing to refund my money because I didn't ship it back to them within five days!!! DO NOT TRUST THEM!!!!"

wilmac1
4/17/15

Ebay cheats people out of money by saying thing are free to relist then when you relist they charge you for relisting. They also recomend that you do this or that so your item will sell better they charge for that and numerous other things they say are free they charge anyway. When you call them about it they say we don't do that give me an example of what you are talking about, so you give them the example and they still DOUBLE TALK and lie about it. They were a good place to buy and sell when they first starter the website but now they have gotten so greet you can not make any money on Ebay because they charge for thing they say are FREE

apostler
4/15/15

Ebay customer service is the worst ever!
it's been 3 whole months that a hold and restriction were supposed to be removed out of my account and up to this day they still have not removed it. they took my money 3 full months ago and my due balance to them is reported $0.00 and yet they refused to remove the hold. they keep tossing me from one department to the next, they keep telling me within 24 hours, within 3 days and nothing was done. yesterday i spent over 2 hours on the phone with them and they said in 24 hours; well it's been over 28 hours and my privileges are still restricted. Ebay DOES NOT care about us, they will take your money in 2 seconds but will take months to do their end of the bargain. I will never recommend ebay to someone again and i will continue to speak about my total dissatisfaction with ebay. you all are a bunch of crooks.

annaf23
4/13/15

I recently bought a few items on ebay. I shopped around and ultimately bought a beautiful Kate Spade dress. Payment and shipping was perfect. No bumps in the road.

sarahs145
4/13/15

Rarely is there an issue using eBay or gumtree. If there is ever an issue with a seller, they are so quick to help you fix the issues
Being an eBayer for some years and will continue to be for years to come.

miyac1
4/13/15

I have been buying a lot of stuff from ebay and it is very convenient to buy on ebay using Paypal and it is also very safe. The issue is you always have to find a good seller with great products, sometimes the purchase maybe not very satisfied and the return cost is very high especially for international sellers. Anyone, it is not bad!

gavinm17
4/11/15

I contacted a seller with a question more than a week ago, TWICE and they never responded. I thought perhaps for some reason they may not be getting my question so I contacted eBay with the concern and they said they would not send them an email notifying them of this. I realize an emergency might have kept them away but still, a notification of some type must be possible and if not eBay should make one easily incorporated as an auto response to question in such a case. So what if half the sellers on eBay decided to put their items on there then just sit back and ignore potential buyers, is that good business practice? Rather a turn off to me and I went elsewhere

heidif2
4/5/15

I am a frequent Ebayer! I have changed about 75% of my clothes shopping for this spring and summer! But you have to watch where it comes from. I found that if it comes from China or Hong Kong the sizing is way wrong and it takes forever to get! So I only shop the USA

jamesh159
4/4/15

Must have fixed the bugs, cos it does exactly what is needed, search, bid and check auctions. set up is a bit weird but Love it!

piob
4/3/15

Out of 10 orders in general I getting scammed twice. At least paypal return money after some time. Anything else is good, especially trusted sellers.

lonnieh22
4/2/15

Selling on Ebay is pretty easy to do. Buying is somewhat risky. I own a webstore, and ebay can be helpful to promote your website by leaving a link to your 'Terms' page on your website on a listing. I recommend if you can't find a specialist for what you seek, use Ebay.

derickf4
4/2/15

This is why I really dislike ebay: Literally no support as a seller and they fee you three separate times when selling. 1st when you post the item, 2nd when it sells, and 3rd when PayPal charges you after transferring the money. (PayPal is owned by ebay) - They know they have the largest amount of viewers looking to buy items, and that they're the largest online auctioning website. So they can get away with being tyrants, and feeing the crap out of hard working sales people. - Also their policies are terrible!! Heres an example of their return policy; Lets just say you sell an item for $500 that you've bought for $350. You've just instantly lost $50 off that from the "10% roughly" selling fee, and have also lost "lets just say $10" for the insertion fee. Then to add on top of that they'll take about 3% off the $500 for PayPal fees, thus making you lose a total of $75 (so even if there wasn't a customer return you'd only make $75 profit). Where I'm getting at with this is that if a customer decides to return that item for some reason, ebay will automatically give them a FULL refund of $500 out of YOUR pocket.. Thus making you lose $75 for no reason what so ever besides having that item listed and getting it back.. - In my opinion both ebay and Paypal should also give the seller their money back for all three fee's they've charged them. But why would they care when they already have your money in their pockets and there's nothing you can do about it because you've already agreed to the terms and conditions? Hmm...

Tip for consumers: Don't do it!

rts2
4/1/15

Non-genuine Ebay.in Service.!

I Ordered "Replacement Front Glass Digitizer Touch Screen for Lava Iris 501 - Black"(251800333165) on 08-Feb-15 . But I received Front Glass for Nokia Lumia @ 998. Now I need the product what I have ordered or refund my cash. I having bills & all details with me. My Order Details

Courier name: BLUE DART
Airway Bill Details: 59306904650
My Contact Number: 9092838494 Record no: 38061
Paisa pay ID 38551328150
ITEM NO : 251800333165

This is issue going on last 2 months. i'm pushing to one corner to another corner by ebay & seller. I dont know how to react for this issue. they're cheating me by telling lies. can I file a case in consumer court.? I have all bills & their mail responses with me now

Tip for consumers: Dont buy ebay Products. not a valuable Product they are issuing ..

refaelc
3/31/15

I put an IPhone 5 for sale. Time after time maybe 7 times people bought the IPhone and expect me to send it to them before they pay. It's give me the feeling that everybody in eBay are fraud

stefaniec5
3/30/15

Was an occasional buyer and seller on eBay for years, with 100% positive rating both ways. Will be canceling my account now because site no longer maintains customer service in any capacity (!!!) ("Customers" - what's that? Who needs it?) Not even some fake overseas call center, text line, chat... nothing. Site is full of lies about "contact" options and "satisfaction guarantees", but when tried, these links all go to useless Q&A pages while dishonest sellers defraud buyers, take the money and run. And there is no recourse against it. I lost way too much money to two dishonest sellers in a row and without any way to get a hold of eBay. My heartfelt advice is to STAY AWAY.

Tip for consumers: Don't shop here! You will regret it!

mikem243
3/27/15

I was a seller & buyer on eBay for years until one day a seller had produced an image of a product that I needed, but the description was wrong, so I never proceeded with the sale. Like any shop cart right? If you don't process payment, you don't get charged. Not on ebay! They try to force you to purchase the product, meanwhile charging your card every month a small amount, for Lord only knows why. So you can have the account for years, not sell or buy anything, and they charge you. They also refuse to credit your account when you have proof of trying to cancel the account months ago ... I would highly discourage ANYONE from this place. They use people that barely speak English, and essentially have made up their own rules that are not in the best interest of buyers. Run away from setting up an account. There are other places to get good deals on the net that don't pull unethical moves on you, trust me.

bandarus
3/26/15

They will not answer to any of your questions and also they want only money of they got once thats it they will not think of you again if u want acc to me flipkart is the best site

steveh107
3/26/15

I won an iPhone 6 for a great price only to find out that it had been stolen. I contacted the number that came up when i tried to activate it and it was the number of the original owner. We filed police reports and I tried to get the ok from ebay to get the rightful owner his phone but what was weird was that eBay requested that I return the phone to the seller, who I think stole the phone. Customer service initially told me to just file a dispute with the seller instead of contacting the police, which I thought was odd. It could have just been the customer service agent I spoke to as they later informed me to file a police report.
I'm supposed to get my money back soon which I am happy about. I wish that ebay would have worked more with law enforcement to get the original owner his phone.

Tip for consumers: Just because a product does not come up as stolen, it still could be stolen. But, verifying them covers you most of the time.

wrh
3/26/15

hey just a word of warning be careful of buying on eBay let me say some seller's have good reps there and stand behind what they sell ,, but eBay has been flood with bad sellers they list stuff as new and when you get it its used , they have got smart on the shipping charges and over charge you on the shipping and the it cost you more to ship stuff back than its worth to them ,the buyer protection is a joke, just don't take my word for it look at the new ebay Rules & policies just look at the sellers feedback before buying and make sure its a high number and its 97 or greater just a warning to all

Tip for consumers: LIKE I SAID LOOK AT THE SELLER'S FEEDBACK 97 OR GREATER AND LOOK AT THE NEW EBAY Rules & policies

rditt
3/25/15

Ebay it's siding with seller's specially if they reap many thousand of dollar per month (these are the backbone of ebay) If you are a regular customer that buy from time to time you would get impaled. If you filled a complain with one big shots of eBay mostly you would lose, remember ebay would lose their fees if decide in your favor.

robint17
3/23/15

I love Ebay. The only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because you have to know what to watch out for - you can run into a bad apple once in awhile but Ebay has a pretty solid system if you know how to use it to protect yourself. Here are a few valuable tips.

As a buyer - check seller 'feedback', (top right hand corner next to the seller name, number next the stars). This is how many people have purchased items from them. You are usually safe if they have lots of feedback. But read the negative reviews if you are buying jewelry, expensive items. Only a few people are diligent enough to discover 'fakes' or "knock-offs'. Also check their seller history and past seller ID's. Sometimes it takes awhile for sellers to get caught selling fakes, etc. so they just change their seller name and start a whole NEW account until they get discovered again then start new again until caught again. But Ebay is usually pretty good about keeping history so unless they change banking info, etc. you will find them under 'seller history'.

You can usually get better deals if you buy from an individual rather than a full time seller so if little feedback, just make sure to stay on top of 'buyer protection' deadlines and policies so if you get burned, you can get your money back from Ebay.

Just because it's a local seller, don't be fooled. Sometimes they buy the fakes from the Chinese or international sellers and resell them under the guise of being local. Check the sellers buying history or feedback as a buyer. You can usually see where they buy from if you investigate their feedback carefully.

Read each sellers policy. Some won't pay for return shipping if they sell you a bad item so then make sure to open up a case with Ebay through the resolution center rather than just working with the seller because if it's fake or 'not as described', Ebay will make them pay for the shipping. I usually open a case if I'm returning to make sure they don't say "I never got it" if I send it back. With an open case, Ebay monitors the tracking number so they can't do that and monitor it and have control over the sellers banking and Ebay returns your money, not the seller.

If bidding, make sure to put your real top dollar price in at the end if the item is super low priced. Sometimes sellers have someone bid on it at the last minute if it is too low or a buyer is waiting on the sidelines to outbid you and you could miss out if you really want it.

Shipping is usually faster than promised. Always add insurance on valuables because sellers can say they sent it, send an empty box, etc. and you can open a case but it can be 'your word against theirs' if the seller has a tracking number. Established sellers won't usually do this but you never know if it's really valuable because one bad feedback won't hurt their score much.

You can get great deals on Ebay but if it's too good to be true, remember, you are dealing with the public.

Tip for consumers: Trust your gut

felixt11
3/21/15

I will never use eBay again, I needed their help against a fraud and they did not give a "thing" all the advertise with buyer protection is lies !

chrism170
3/21/15

"SELLER SENT ME BROKEN ITEM.
EBAY SAYS RETURN THE ITEM.
I DO RETURN AND OF COURSE PAY EXTRA TO RETURN ITEM .
I PROVIDE THE TRACKING DETAILS TO EBAY.
ITEM IS STILL ON TRANSIT AND EBAY CLOSES THE CASE SAYING I DIDNT PROVIDE TRACING DETAILS .

I GOT RIPPED OFF MY HARD EARNED MONEY.
RESOLUTION CENTER IS A JOKE !
CUSTOMER PROTECTION IS AN ILLUSION.

$#*! OFF EBAY !

Case opened: 05-Mar-15 01:20:43 GMT
Case closed: 21-Mar-15 01:53:53 GMT

jaiv2
3/21/15

Really extremely poor service i have bought 64gb pendrive and i have received only 4gb pendrive the seller is virala.in fake people and fake world of online shopping is ebay.in. Really i am tired to tell to the customer service and they responding that your order is not working and without any confirmation they closed my complaint application without resolving if you want to buy standard product you can go with other online shopping website but don't buy it from ebay the sellers are fake and other service representative of customer service are really poor they will not cordinate with you not service they are provide that we want. Unsatisfied with all the time that i have listen from my friends also. I have order first time order and i have received exactly diffrent item.

Tip for consumers: Really extremely poor service i have bought 64gb pendrive and i have received only 4gb pendrive the seller is virala.in fake people and fake world of online shopping is ebay.in. Really i am tired to tell to the customer service and they responding that your order is not working and without any confirmation they closed my complaint application without resolving if you want to buy standard product you can go with other online shopping website but don't buy it from ebay the sellers are fake and oth

lisam153
3/20/15

It was much cooler before, now it takes lots of time to find great quality on ebay. We need more new ebays with quality control.

kevb1
3/20/15

It has alienated all the small sellers who provided value and variety. It has turned into a glorified shopping mall with little of real interest and is full of chinese made junk.The best way any small seller can sell is to ignore ebay who will do it no favours and start their own site.
Ebay is now no longer the automatic site of choice for buyers.

andrewp53
3/17/15

To many people out there who seek to buy an item for a lesser price than average, there can only be two options: stealing, or the more legal approach, eBay.

I've been an eBay buyer and seller since 2009 and have always used it as my source of secondary income or to find items for considerably less. It's been a good run so far and the fact that my product is exposed to a worldwide audience is what captivates me about the power of the internet. I list an item, within a couple days it sells, I get paid, I ship the item out, I get reviewed, and I build up my reputation with my expertise in sales.

Now, why the 3 star review and not 5?

Although eBay is great for both the seller and buyer, it is tough to begin with. I'm not talking about listing the product and trying to get it out there, no. EBay has made it very easy for beginning sellers or buyers to buy/sell items all around with basic buttons and listing tools as well more advanced options for experienced sellers. I'm talking about their fees and their "protection" plans.

Ebay takes 10 percent of whatever value you sell your product for, up to a maximum of a $250 fee (ex. I sell a product for $100, eBay takes $10. I sell a product for $2500, eBay takes $250. I sell a product for $2501 or higher, eBay still takes $250). Not bad considering it's an auction site when most auctions charge upwards of 20-30 percent of your items final selling price.

Now, what bugged me were the hidden fees such as the 10 percent shipping fee or with eBay's choice of payment, PayPal, taking 3.9 percent of whatever the buyer pays.

To break it down for you, say I sell a product for $100 + $10 shipping. The buyer must pay $110 to me through PayPal in order for the transaction to go through and for me to ship the product out. Once paid, eBay will deduct $10 as a final value fee, $1 as a shipping fee, and PayPal will deduct $4.29 as a transaction fee. That leaves me with $94.71.

This can get confusing for some sellers, especially new sellers who may find it difficult to calculate the right price for their item without losing money on it.

Another problem mentioned was their "protection" or "eBay Money Back Guarantee/Buyer Protection/Seller Protection"

I understand eBay wants to help the buyer and seller as much as they can, acting as the police force for anything that may go wrong in a transaction, but it can be taken too far sometimes.

If a person were to sell a product to a buyer and it is not in the condition as described, the buyer may have the option to open a case against the seller to request money back from them due to false information. If the seller complies all is well. If the seller does not comply, big big uh-oh.

Say I sold a genuine Louis Vuitton purse, valued at $2500 over eBay. I explain in the listing it is a genuine product and provide proof of it being real as well as my policies. A person buys the purse, I get paid, I ship it to them, but the buyer isn't too sure of it being real when he/she receives it, so he/she wants to return it and opens a case against me. I have strict evidence proving the purse is in fact real and will not accept such a return for that reason provided. So in a moment like that, eBay will step in, deduct the money from me out of the blue and refund the buyer. A loss of a sale there, but I still get the purse back right? Wrong.

Ebay requires the buyer send the product to eBay for them to inspect and DESTROY. So not only do I lose the sale, but I lose the product too! All because a buyer may claim to be a Louis Vuitton purse professional and has suspicion it may be fake, even though everything checks out as real.

All this is from years of using eBay and having to learn the hard way how these inner fees and services actually work. If you are looking to buy an item for well below retail price or a crown jewel, eBay is your place to be. If you are looking to sell an item for profit, as a business strategy, or to just get rid of junk, eBay also serves as that haven, but do your research ahead of time and beware of fees and possible troubles you may run into with buyers.

To eBay directly, if you are reading this, please correct me in anything that may have possibly changed in your policies or operations. I am more than willing to listen and understand how these operations go and to ensure my experience goes smoothly the next time I sell as well as others experiences with your site as well.

Thank you!

shirleym32
3/15/15

Ebay used to be the best place to buy and sell on the internet. In the last few years it has gone downhill for both sellers and buyers as well.

Ebay's rules and philosophy that they can run the business better than the seller is causing good sellers to leave in droves. With their restrictions and high fees it is almost impossible to make a profit as a seller on Ebay anymore. They are kicking out all the small sellers with collectible and one of a kind items and promoting the large sellers specifically those from China with cheap imitation goods.

The buyers are having a hard time on Ebay as well as most of the older more experienced sellers are either moving on or diversifying and putting all their good items elsewhere. Ebay has become the yard sale place and the place of inferior quality cheap Chinese goods. Not only that but buyers have to contend with new sellers taking the place of the older experienced ones and they do not have the experience to run a great customer oriented business.

What used to be a great place to buy and sell is now a shell of it's former self and is losing ground everyday. It has become nothing but a yard sale.

Tip for consumers: I would find a better site

terryh60
3/12/15

bought 1000S OF DOOLLARS FROM EBAY OVERSEAS SELLERS ARE HIT OR MISS EBAY DOES NOT HELP AS MUCH AS STATED AND SINCE THEY ARE TIED IN TO PAYPAL PAY PAL HAS BECOME MORE DIFFICULT TO RESOLVE ISSUES STILL THE BEST PLACE TO SHOP BESIDES AMAZON

Tip for consumers: BE CAREFUL OF OVERSEAS SELLERS WHICH NOW CHOKE THIS SITE RETUNS OVERSEAS ARE NEARLY IMPOSSIBLE AND VERY EXPENSIVE ESPECIALLY WHEN ITEMS AR RECIVED DAMAGED OR BROKEN EBAY AND PAY PAL ARE NO HELP AT ALL

patriciaw43
3/10/15

this tale began on a snowy december 28,2014. I ordered shoes from e-fashion365 on ebay.com

when I ordered my lovely pink shoes with the equally lovely bow on the top I envisioned myself skipping down my street with the prettiest shoes ever. that is when my nightmare began. After waiting the allotted time for delivery, I started the daily where is my package waiting game. everyday I would wait in vain for my lovely shoes. but sadly they never appeared at my door. if you can imagine my teenage dreams going up in a hale of tears. fast forward to today I have no shoes and no refund that I requested. they lied and told me that they returned my money but they did not. so dear readers if you don't want to end up like me please do not order from these people or you too will have a twisted tale to tell.

Tip for consumers: please don't do it to yourself.

alessandrop8
3/9/15

That site let me choose the things all around the world and somethimes i can get them from close to me places.They have great rules too.

ervins14
3/7/15

I have been scammed and cheated. i have been charged twice for a return. They won't even let me see what the charges are. I am willing to pay the whole amount I owe, but want to see the list of what i am being charged for an d Ebay won't let me. Bummer!

Tip for consumers: Watch your back!

annisab
3/7/15

Not a big fan of this site but I've purchased a few things on ebay.com, I have had great experiences and have saved alot of money

stuarts1
3/5/15

I went looking on youtube for something that could take my pictures and games and videos and movies and put all this on my Samsung smart 55" tv. I went to Microsoft and they had a piece of electronics that plugged into the back of your tv, but it did not work because I had no software for this item. So, on youtube I saw video about this Ezcast that did the same thing that I wanted and sure enuff it gave me my movies and pics and videos and the rest and it only cost me $21.00 and change. It works on my laptop and my tablet and my cellphone and all the other devices I have in the house, it all works off of the wifi. It is so easy to setup and run really, you can not beat the price. I did not know the item was coming from China until after the fact but I received the item quickly and all is working just great. I love how I can put the movies from my items right onto the tv. Love it. try it. Let me know how you enjoy it.

Tip for consumers: All you need on the back of the TV is HDMI, USB. That's it.

chrisf64
3/2/15

y is no longer what EBay used to be.
All the "mambo jambo"...rules only protect EBay....and the sellers that only advertise brand new items.....you are way better off dealing with Amazon or other internet based site.
It is no longer fun....the buyers can blackmail you after receiving an item, asking for a "partial refund", and if you not agree...he/she can leave a negative feeback, and you have no say.....
An if you call EBay, the answer is....nothing we can do, just try to work it out with the buyer.....ridiculous just ridiculous.

maryannc5
2/23/15

This is the 1st time I have ever used ebay. Was Very Happy to find the exact cannister I had just broken. I purchased it from mcclamrock417. Everything went through smoothly, was notified it had been shipped later that afternoon. I just received it thru the mail and am more than satisfied. It arrived well packaged and sooner than I expected.
Thank You for a Pleasant experience. Not sure if this is where I am to leave comments for the individual seller but as I said am new to all of this, so hopefully this gets back to them.

victorc36
2/23/15

EBAY MAKES IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. JUST SPENT AN HOUR AND COULD NOT CONTACT THEM. I ASKED THEM TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT 4 MONTHS AGO AND JUST NOW DISCOVERED IT IS STILL OPEN. TALKED TO A REP. AND WAS TOLD THEY JUST REFUSE TO CLOSE ANYONES ACCOUNT FOR 180 DAY JUST BECAUSE THEY HOPE YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND, ON TOP OF THAT THERE REP ALSO INFORMED ME EVEN AFTER 180 DAYS YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM BACK AND REMIND THEM BEFORE THEY WILL CLOSE IT. EVEN WITH NO TRANSACTIONS PENDING. I GUESS WHEN YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS THAT BAD THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN KEEP PEOPLE FROM LEAVING

Tip for consumers: JUST HOPE YOU DONT HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND IF YOU WANT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IT TAKES 6 MONTHS

danj16
2/23/15

They have a strangle hold on the market, or they would be gone. Their business model is terrible. The are way too aloof and disconnected to actually deal with. If you use eBay often and depend on it, eBay will eventually burn you. My entire family is now off of eBay for good, and none of us want anything to do with PayPal. I often wondered how they got away with the way they disregard the consumer protection laws. I have not used eBay in more than a year now, and I will not go back. I would love to see Jeff Bezos (Amazon) take them on, and it seems as though a bit at a time he is doing exactly that, and in fact eBay is losing market share annually, as various entities take over what used to be entirely their's alone. After all the hassles I have had over the years, I would love to see eBay replaced by a consumer friendly entity, though from what I hear from the vendors, they are not any happier about dealing with them. I also question their insistence on you using only PayPal...as it has created a market monopoly and is essentially double dipping.

Tip for consumers: Do not ever trust eBay, and beware allowing PayPal into your banking account. I had PayPal arbitrarily empty my entire account, and it took months for them to even approach trying to fix it. I was eventually forced to close my eBay account and my bank account, and start all over. Caveat Emptor.

ashles
2/18/15

Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in the mail, and it didn’t work. I called Ebay right away explaining to them my situation and how I needed my money back. They said I had to wait 5 days and if I don’t hear from the merchant, they will refund my money to my paypal account and tell me what I need to do as far as sending it back. I wasn’t fond of having to wait. I figured I should be able to send this broken phone back right away since it didn’t work, but I waited because I had to. So I call ebay back after the 5 days for my refund, they tell me I wont be getting a refund until the merchant has received the phone back. I explained to them the situation with the cell phone company being bought out and im on a huge time crunch now because I was sent a damaged phone. They didn’t care at all. They still refuse to refund my money until I go to kinkos, print out the label they sent me, return the phone and then wait for it to reach the merchant. I will NOT have my money refunded back to me before Cricket makes the change to only GSM capable phones. This means im not only out hundreds of dollars (not only for the phone itself but the accessories for the phone as well as the cost to turn the phone on and the first months payment, as I switched to a new carrier, and none or this is refundable). Ebay and Paypal together have seriously screwed me. Neither of them will refund my money in time to buy a new phone. I will absolutely NEVER buy from ebay again ever and I advise anyone else to stay clear of ebay aswell. They not only lie to you but they are completely unwilling to work with you which should be their priority when being sent damaged items. Their money back guarantee is only if you’re willing to go completely out of your way to do things they way they say to do them. I shouldn’t have had to wait at all to send the phone back. I should have my money back by now.

Tip for consumers: Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in

barbarar39
2/16/15

I ordered a juicer for my son and within an hour he told me it was the wrong item. I immediately contacted them to cancel the order to be told (after three cancellation requests) it had already gone out. No company works that fast! He received the juicer and returned it the same day. To date, I have received no refund for this juicer and not even a response to my inquiry as to the reason....this is unacceptable. There is so much competition now we don't have to put up with poor service!

laceyb1
2/12/15

I've been selling on ebay for 10 years. It is straight up AWFUL to their sellers. Good for buyers, bad for sellers. Buyers can literally make up lies about something you sold, and force a return through ebay and ebay takes the money directly out of your account, whether the buyer returns it or not. The buyer can send back a empty box, but if they get a tracking number, they automatically get a refund and ebay does not care to listen to your side of the story or what you have to say. The buyer is right every time. End of story. You can't email them, and if you try to contact customer service someone in India answers the phone and can NEVER understand the problem or offer any real solution. So tired of getting scammed by ebay because they're too scared of having a disappointed buyer, even if that buyer is a scammer.

Tip for consumers: Good for buyers - bad for sellers.

lindac81
2/12/15

ebay ROCKS!!! i've bought books, cds, beads, yarn, beauty supplies, dog coats....i love the *auction* thing!!

theob26
2/12/15

Selling on ebay the fees somehow seemed to turn out higher than they advertise. Also seller protection is faulty. All someone has to do is say the item they received was damaged and they will take the money out of your account and you have to pay more if you want the damaged item sent back. I had a buyer post pics of a damaged item that wasn't even the same color or pattern jacket i shipped as their 'proof' of damage. Because i shipped priority mail they gave the buyer the money back and pawned me off on the post office for insurance. I got only half my money back and lost $50 on just one sale. Spoke to several ebay representatives who were all useless. If i had known it was that easy for buyers to scam sellers i would have charged the buyer for the extra insurance. Sellers beware.

abdulhadia
2/11/15

I love eBay and do most of my shopping there. As long as one checks the reviews and the country the product is in its all fine. I have never had a bad experience with them apart from some secondhand book dealer in the UK who abused me, but hey, we all know what 2nd hand book dealers can be like.

Tip for consumers: Carefully check the sellers ratings and then decide.

waltb2
2/8/15

Have you ever figured out what eBay charges sellers???? IT IS OVER 11% !!!!! Then PayPal (owned by the same people) charged me an additional 4% for the service of transferring the money, which there is NO OTHER WAY !! YES, a minimum of 15% of my sale comes right of the top - THAT IS USERY !!! I am doing my selling through Amazon (moderately better) and I suggest you do the same. If I deduct 15% of my sales to eBay, I would be better off selling to a pawn shop. THINK ABOUT IT.

Tip for consumers: Buying might be a deal now, but selling is nearly prohibitive - what do you think buying will become? There are many other sites to sell on, if you look, that do not take total advantage of you.

bd27
2/7/15

On 20 January 2015, I purchased a Macbook Pro laptop on eBay for $791. The seller listed it in working order and having been inspected by Apple. The seller had excellent feedback, excellent communication, and it arrived promptly on 23 January.

Just over a week later, the logic board failed, and the seller refused to accept a return, a partial refund for the estimated cost of repairs (an additional $425), or provide documentation that it had been inspected by Apple. The repair shop where I had it inspected confirmed that the logic board was faulty, and that the failure was not caused by user error.

I opened a case with eBay on 3 February stating that the item was not as described (since the seller had no proof that it had been inspected by Apple), and it had failed within the time frame of their 30-day Buyer Protection clause. Ebay closed the case on 5 February in favour of the seller stating that because I had owned it for a week before contacting the seller for a return, it had been altered and was no longer returnable. My purchase should be covered under eBay's 30-day protection, but they have instead sided with a seller who lied about the condition of the computer.

I have spoken directly with the case manager at eBay, but she was not helpful. I have contacted the seller once again requesting a partial refund for cost of repairs or a full refund for a return.

I have filed official complaints about eBay's customer service with the Better Business Bureau and IC3; but I am still out $791 for a computer shaped brick, and an additional $425 if I want it repaired. I cannot contest the charge through PayPal, because the case has been closed, and I cannot contest the charge with my bank, because the seller refuses to authorise a return for the computer.

The customer service team is unhelpful, rude, and hung up on me twice after I respectfully requested to appeal the case. I have been an eBay customer since 2006, and I have had excellent dealings with eBay up until now. But I can honestly say that I have never been made to feel so helpless and insulted by a company that I once trusted. Don't expect anything from the eBay customer service team, specifically the high value items division of the Appeals Department.

dalec21
2/5/15

I bid on an auction on Jan. 19th before the auction had ended. Ebay sent me a notice that "auction ended" and "you are the high bidder" with a 10:00 pm time stamp on it. I took a screenshot of it and waited to be able to pay. It came to pass that ebay had let two other bidders into the auction after I had won the auction. The first two reps that I spoke with (a clerk and a so called manager) were very off putting and kept telling me that I should contact the seller. What a joke. Does John Donahoe even know how his customers are treated? The integrity that ebay has known is apparently not a part of its present day form. I believe I was lied to (repeatedly after I was cheated and complained ... and I believe that I was cheated. And after ebay sent me a notice that said "auction ended" and "you are the highest bidder" the passing off and the canned speaches started. I was then told by a mgr on January 19th ... the day ebay took my auction win from me ... not to call in or open any more resolutions as this will delay the process and slow things down. Then she told me that this should be resolved in 3-5 days. Today is February the 5th and I just spent over an hour and 39 minutes being passed around and treated like I should be sorry that I was a good customer of the once proud and honest ebay.

billw67
2/3/15

Ebay is a great site. Their basic search engine on the home page and options to view various different categories is easy to use.

Members can sell or buy by make bids for items and the site is constantly updated with new prices and new auctions...I am sure as most of you know.

Great concept which does not get old.

Tip for consumers: Don't go anywhere else...

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
toddl
A: yeah, at least they have buyer protection through paypal!!
11/17/10
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for eBay

eBay?
Click here to post a review