US Government's NSF

2065 Hamilton Ave
San Jose, CA 95125, USA
Tel: +1.4083767400
hostmaster@ebay.com

People interested in eBay are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 320 reviews)

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 60 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 218 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ronk34
8/4/15

Ebay is an exceptionally frustrating organization with which to do business and they are grossly over priced. If you have a problem you end being routed to the Phillipines where they are pretty much guaranteed to waste your time. I have personally vowed to never sell anything on ebay again in my lifetime - and I've been a member with a 100% feedback rating for over a decade. Why would anyone sell on Ebay for ridiculously expensive prices when you can sell on Craigs List for zero? I just sold a $2,500 item on ebay and the fees between ebay & paypal were $325+. If I add shipping & my personal work time I barely made a dime. I'm personally boycotting ebay and I sincerely hope more of you do as well. On my latest item I just listed on a dozen different Craigs List sites & sold the item within 24 hours = no fees = saved a boat load of money. It's a no brainer!

cassidyc1
8/4/15

THIS IS A HORRIBLE WEBSITE. I ordered a waterproof case for my iPhone 6. I got in the pool today and wanted to take a underwater picture. NOPE THE CASE WAS FAULTY AND BROKE MY PHONE WITH WATER. They then told me that in order to get a refund I had to contact the seller. DO THEY HONESTLY THINK A SELLER WOULD WANT TO BUY ME A NEW PHONE? I dont think so. http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-iPhone-6-iphone-6-Plus-Waterproof-Case-Cover-Shockproof-Dirt-Snow-Proof-/221741227035?var=&hash=item33a0ce9c1b THAT LINK IS THE CASE DONT BUY IT. ITS FAKE.

tims86
8/3/15

On ebay you can find everything your heart desires. Prices are negotiable, very often you stumble upon a great deal BUT also you can stumble upon a risky seller who is looking to tip you off. You have to be careful and do you research before you buy anything.

bryanc34
8/3/15

A site with great customer service and support ,as well as,great customer satisfaction and poroducts.

siddharths2
8/3/15

The products are good but they should add on option to pre-ordering and have low prices

fatek12
8/1/15

Ebay is good because I get to post a lot of videos with Toys that we Purchase at Ebay. Subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXpQ17LY77usUULkdfEg0vg it's free to add to your playlist and the whole family can enjoy : )

kevino33
7/30/15

Anybody can get lucky every now and then, nut if you do the work, it isn't luck anymore. I don't think I'll ever get rich making my item purchases on Ebay. I think, if you do the research before you make those purchases, you can save as much as your purchases, if you do the work needed. Do this work before you make the purchase, because the money is already gone, after the purchase is made.

abhij21
7/30/15

Hello,
I have a seller account on eBay.in which is restricted & suspended since over a month. I had already sent the documents asked 3-4 times but my account is not activated yet.
I am very exhausted of sending the query mail & chatting with customer support. They don't resolve my problem & transfer call from sales department to another to another.
My remittance is on hold. I need my money for item i sold.
I am very exhausted of eBay service & customer support. The worst service i had experienced. This my last formal mail please release me money otherwise i have to take some legal action.
Waiting for reply & call back.

Regards,
Abhishek Jain

lizzyp1
7/28/15

When selling on eBay, the fees tend to be a hassle and with so many competitive prices, you usually don't make much money but as a buyer, it's the best! You just need to know how to actually use it. If an item (for example jewelry) is way too cheap for the type of gem its claiming, its probably a scam and this is true for anywhere. Always make sure you look at the person you are buying from. Check their rating percentage and their reviews as sellers. Shipping is fast if I buy from my country or its slow but very, very cheap
I've been using eBay for years and have only had 1,bad experience which was my first purchase. It only happened because I didn't know how to use it and didn't check the seller. I reported to eBay and got my money back very quickly. Love this site

gayatrip
7/27/15

This online store is the worst among all online shopping sites! PLEASE NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE! The items do not meet the description. Shipping duration is horrible, The items are all duplicate or cheap china made items but are priced as branded ones. Delivery is often not done on time and refund takes ages!

PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS WEBSITE! THEY NEED TO KNOW THE MARKET IS CUSTOMER MARKET AND YOU CANT CHEAT THE CUSTOMERS

anoopi
7/25/15

Worst Online store in India. Order a UK 8 Flip flop and looks like UK 10. And when I contacted ebay about this they rejected my request you replace it also. Never shop with these frauds.

aarons61
7/24/15

Vast variety of products to choose from. Prime choice to do online shopping. Great delivery process.

mt56
7/23/15

Feebay exploiting sellers too much, recently they started to charge fees on postage cost, means they doubled the profit without doing any extra benefit for sellers, it bunch of greedy ghosts !

brandonc32
7/22/15

EBAY SELLER PROTECTION IS GARBAGE!!
I sold a stone with a validated certificate stating about the stone as well as photos of the item. The buyer opened a claim saying its not as described and so I must issue a refund because ebay says in 'item not as described' cases they side with the buyer regardless of your documentation!
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SELL ON EBAY!!!!
IT WAS MY FIRST TIME AND 10000% MY LAST TIME.

bradh31
7/21/15

They are providing nice product quality. But, the delivery time can be improved. They are taking more time than other sites to deliver the products.

derrickb11
7/21/15

The fees have gotten out of hand. I only sell things when there's a promo which makes it worthwhile now.

lathakannana
7/20/15

Very very poor customer satisfaction.Ordered an LG G2 phone from ebay which is producing hell lot of heat so wanted to return them back but the response from ebay is not satisfactory

martinsa
7/19/15

EBay is nice but too secure / strict. You can't even learn from your mistakes @ eBay. Goosh I was expelled as a novice from eBay, I never knew my way around it, and I don't think I will have another opportunity to.

nexusm
7/17/15

PayPal and eBay are owned by the same greedy corporation. PayPal must spend a lot of money lobbying for a monopoly in online payments because they suck to hard to have earned this monopoly fairly.

eBay and PayPal both reserve the right to shut down your account without any reason or justification. I didn't realize why, until my accounts were shut down despite a 98% positive feedback score. Of course they kept all the money in my account.

I am boycotting eBay and PayPal as a result. Amazon is better than Google Shopping because eBay's search results come up in Google Shopping search results. Ebay results show up as $0.01 on every type of product you can think of. This makes the features that allow you to sort by price completely useless on Google Shopping.

I will stick to shopping on Amazon until Google Shopping adds a filter to remove ebay spam from my search results.

davidl198
7/16/15

EBAY SUCKS THAY CANT HELP ME GET MY ACCOUNT BACK THEY TOLD ME JUST OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT THEY GAVE ME A EMAIL I NEVER MADE

marcieg
7/15/15

I love shopping on Ebay! They have so many products my family can use or enjoy! I buy alot of vintage Gymboree on there. Sometimes games for my kids, toys or products for our home etc...Would recommend to anyone I know!

giovannym
7/13/15

usually technical support service works well is used, has a variety of items, constantly offering all kinds of items for sale, especially exotic items.

willieb21
7/13/15

There are way too many stories to explain them all!

dutchg
7/11/15

sometimes i could not find good prices

bv17
7/10/15

I like the buyer protection, but they usually side with the sellers. Also, I find it kind of lame that you cannot block certain sellers from contacting you. Ive had a few with bad attitudes get abusive when I said I no longer wanted their products. I got 10+ emails a day from one! I do not have a phone and that seems to be the only way to contact them, which is also stupid. At least you can chat/email amazon. Some things i've gotten very good deals on but others ive been ripped off with. I have to read feedback VERY carefully. Some sellers have multiple accounts which i am also weary of. There are various other improvements that need to be made, but the main thing making me consider leaving is the fact that sellers can harass you and you basically have to sit there and take it!

Tip for consumers: ALWAYS CHECK FEEDBACK BEFORE PURCHASING

shannonb38
7/10/15

Size has now been removed on the left hand toolbar when looking for clothing. I can't work out why. Size is the most important criteria for choosing clothing however to eBay that is obviously not a concern as it was removed over 2 months ago and despite repeated complaints it has not be reinstated.
Why would you remove a search feature from a search engine to make searching more difficult particularly when this feature has been present ever since using eBay in 2008. Will be shopping elsewhere in the future. Suspect some marketing ploy so people have look over many more items of clothing to find what they want thus possibly increasing sales. A big Turn off.

andrewb111
7/8/15

They still need to keep an eye on sellers products. I ordered earphone and it was marketed as original Apple Earphone. But it was not. :(

jagroopa
7/7/15

I like ebay. It can be hard to sift through the selection at times, and hard to postage rates to the UK sometimes, but I've not had a bad experience product wise.

jamesw189
7/7/15

Twice I have been scammed, E bay was very quick to solve the problem and refunded my
Money. I am very happy with e bay!!!!!!!!!!!

damany
7/5/15

Times past, eBay was the place to go to buy and sell things and make a little money at it-used to be fun-USED TO BE-not anymore
eBay has now become the faceless, money hungry and small business seller killer I was afraid it would become eventually-just like Verizon or AT&T Wireless-eBay has continued to swallow up the space until there was no one left to compete-all the while abandoning their base-the sellers who got them there in the first place-useless Q&A pages they send you to in the event of a dispute with no real customer service, fees that are snarky and hidden until you sell an item and find 50-75% of your profit has to pay eBay and PayPal (they are not any better) so you end up with a miniscule profit margin-
Also, eBay will give you inane suggestions for selling that don't tell you how to do it smart-just to basically give your items away after eBay and PayPal TAKES their cut-no wonder people are leaving eBay and trying to find an alternative-and not having much luck-at least where I'm standing-but someone could surprise me-
In closing-if you sell on eBay-stop now before you lose more money than you probably already have-I have sold several items and have gotten lucky walking away with a few bucks profit-but eBay will lose me too-if I wanted to sell online-I want to do it and make some money, not give most of it back to eBay to pay for their CEOs and their perks
And making a seller pay to have THEIR money transferred from eBay to PayPal? Are you kidding me? At least PayPal won't (not yet) charge for transfer from PayPal to your bank-but it takes 5 to 7 business days for your money to finally show up-ridiculous to say the least-GET OUT OF eBAY WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Tip for consumers: Check out webbid or estore-haven't checked them out personaly but google "online auctions" and see for yourself-eBay isn't the only game in town anymore-and at this rate-they won't last either, just from their antics alone BEWARE!

meretteb
7/4/15

Do not purchase anything from eBay unless you have the Shipping address posted at the time of the purchase on credit card. No one wants to update information of the shipping address even after leaving a msg. on the phone line recorded too. Ebay customer service could care less plus the Company where item was ordered.I left a phone msg, recorded @3pm on a Sat. I was told by my Credit Card Company to do that also gave me the phone number to call -nothing was done to correct the shipping address..Order place on a Friday, Called Sat. recorded @3pm to cancel.

gregl32
7/2/15

They sell your personal information track every thing about you. This is a horrible site to sell on and a great place for fraud from buyes. All you have to make up some story about your item and you have 99.99% of getting it for free. I have no idea why the govermentbdoesn't step up and shut them down for sharing privacy information and for allowing fraud an stealing money from sellers. There are so many other places to buy things so think of buying from them ratther than this company that forgot about all the small sellers that made them a famous big company.

andrewm137
7/2/15

Ebay is a good site (ofcourse), the only problem is that the sellers aren't honest. Just make sure you do a quick research before ordering something.

kalinac
7/1/15

I mainly shop at ebay for anime stuff, electronics sometimes, and room décor. I can find anything I want for a low price! I am a serious collector and a lot of stuff you can't purchase in America so I satisfy my anime needs by going to ebay! Awesome website! ^.^

Tip for consumers: The review should give you a good idea!

christianp22
6/29/15

Great and prices I always shop there

garryt7
6/23/15

I think that the 10% that Ebay charges the average Joe for selling something is a bit too high compared to their competition, mostly 3%. To ad insult to injury they also take 10% of the shipping as well? We collect the shipping costs from the buyer and that money goes 100% to the cost of shipping. Where does Ebay think they have any right to take a percentage of our cost? It's a rip, theft and nothing but a display of raw greed, and I'm going to find another venue to sell my items from now on. Ebay just lost my business forever.

redxo
6/19/15

no place else has as many buyers, but I have hated selling on ebay and refuse to do it after 15 years. Rip off to seller, no protection against buyers that want things for free

markh156
6/18/15

I will be closing my Ebay account forever. Ebay just stole $227.00 from me basically! After being told I will get a refund for f150 seat covers, I just moved house and my printer is in storage so I have no way to print a shipping return label they, "Francisco" have closed my case leaving me with non fitting, poorly made junk! So much for "Money Back Guarantee"! I have pictures proving how bad these covers are, and will be exploring other options to recover my losses!

jrs3
6/18/15

Even if you have a high seller rating and your listing was 100% accurate, if the buyer claims it is not then eBay will favour the buyer and force you to pay for return shipping and refund. If you do not, then they take your money and refund it themselves and force you to pay a reimbursement, and you don't get the item back.

louiew19
6/17/15

I love using eBay way better than Amazon.

alank24
6/15/15

eBay sent 20% discount vouchers today valid until midnight. Voucher code did not work. Hidden in beaus complicated customer service pages is a note saying that they pulled discount due to high demand. Not on terms and conditions. What a con.

rahulm6
6/13/15

Ebay is the best service center and best shopping site

rajaa3
6/12/15

I ordered one dress for me the service is average delivery is not good.........

benjaminf14
6/12/15

I love eBay. Just about everything you would want is on here. I have only had to complain one time and they fixed it immediately.

teresas24
6/11/15

if you want to sell something on eBay be prepared to get royally screwed over! They take a HUGE portion in commission for themselves without doing a thing! I prefer to sell things on Craigslist and not get ripped off.

golshaha
6/10/15

I will not buy or sell on ebay . I am so angry. I would rate it zero, but it would not submit my review so I go for one star only.

terriw8
6/10/15

When I think back on beginning to sell on eBay it was so exciting.all my stuff out their to millions of shoppers.just the other days took a road I had not been on in years to realize all business had shut down,all the hype about selling online and making money what you do not know is how many business have closed down.i bet it's more than what is open for business,um.
Finally realizing it's a dog eat dog world out here.
I will post more later got to try to make a dime for now.

alameluv
6/10/15

eBay tells you your protected when purchasing but twice I have lost my money and both times eBay says there is nothing they can do. At least with AliExpress the merchant doesn't get their money until you confirm you have received the goods in working order. Which is why I now buy most things cheaper and safer on that site.
eBay seems to have forgotten about the customer. Well in this day and age that's a bad mistake.

moulieshj
6/8/15

Shopping in Ebay is too good .good products .but returning policy is bad and talking about shipping some of the breakable products are breaked.

Tip for consumers: Overall shopping experience in Ebay is not bad.

mariahh7
6/5/15

I've spent over 1500 dollars with eBay this past month & when a problem came up & I immediately contacted them, they had the worst customer service & where unhelpful to say the least. Long story short I never received an item that was nearly 300$ the site says they give 100% refund but that is not accurate. I'm out the whole 300$. I would have to agree with another reviewee that the IT group are very clever in making the site convoluted, confusing, circling, delaying and confusing. Which is probably why I had the issue to begin with. I would highly encourage buyers to stay away from eBay.

7 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
Answer
dmp
A: I wouldn't depend on ebay for anything anymore. Their software is always messed up so I wouldn't trust any of their apps. Their SSL is outdated too which is a big no no. Go try to log in with https and see what I'm talking about. Ebay is on its way out the door.
5/26/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: What good is the review of a product I buy if only positive reviews are acceptable? I was contacted to change my negative review to a positive one. So am I supposed to lie?
5/13/15
Answer
bd27
A: You are not required to change a negative review if you had a negative experience with a seller. Sellers cannot leave negative reviews for buyers, but as buyers we do have the ability to warn other buyers when sellers don't practice good business. If, after a bad experience, the seller makes an effort to fix the problem, I would consider changing my review. If they don't, then they deserve it. I usually wait to leave feedback until I have received the product and can verify that it is as described before I leave feedback. Once left, feedback can be retracted, but it usually requires opening an eBay case to do so.
5/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

7 Photos for eBay