US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 46 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 260 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 174 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

chrisf64
3/2/15

y is no longer what EBay used to be.
All the "mambo jambo"...rules only protect EBay....and the sellers that only advertise brand new items.....you are way better off dealing with Amazon or other internet based site.
It is no longer fun....the buyers can blackmail you after receiving an item, asking for a "partial refund", and if you not agree...he/she can leave a negative feeback, and you have no say.....
An if you call EBay, the answer is....nothing we can do, just try to work it out with the buyer.....ridiculous just ridiculous.

maryannc5
2/23/15

This is the 1st time I have ever used ebay. Was Very Happy to find the exact cannister I had just broken. I purchased it from mcclamrock417. Everything went through smoothly, was notified it had been shipped later that afternoon. I just received it thru the mail and am more than satisfied. It arrived well packaged and sooner than I expected.
Thank You for a Pleasant experience. Not sure if this is where I am to leave comments for the individual seller but as I said am new to all of this, so hopefully this gets back to them.

victorc36
2/23/15

EBAY MAKES IT AS HARD AS POSSIBLE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. JUST SPENT AN HOUR AND COULD NOT CONTACT THEM. I ASKED THEM TO CLOSE MY ACCOUNT 4 MONTHS AGO AND JUST NOW DISCOVERED IT IS STILL OPEN. TALKED TO A REP. AND WAS TOLD THEY JUST REFUSE TO CLOSE ANYONES ACCOUNT FOR 180 DAY JUST BECAUSE THEY HOPE YOU WILL CHANGE YOUR MIND, ON TOP OF THAT THERE REP ALSO INFORMED ME EVEN AFTER 180 DAYS YOU HAVE TO CALL THEM BACK AND REMIND THEM BEFORE THEY WILL CLOSE IT. EVEN WITH NO TRANSACTIONS PENDING. I GUESS WHEN YOU CUSTOMER SERVICE SUCKS THAT BAD THATS THE ONLY WAY THEY CAN KEEP PEOPLE FROM LEAVING

Tip for consumers: JUST HOPE YOU DONT HAVE TO CONTACT CUSTOMER SERVICE. AND IF YOU WANT TO CLOSE YOUR ACCOUNT IT TAKES 6 MONTHS

danj16
2/23/15

They have a strangle hold on the market, or they would be gone. Their business model is terrible. The are way too aloof and disconnected to actually deal with. If you use eBay often and depend on it, eBay will eventually burn you. My entire family is now off of eBay for good, and none of us want anything to do with PayPal. I often wondered how they got away with the way they disregard the consumer protection laws. I have not used eBay in more than a year now, and I will not go back. I would love to see Jeff Bezos (Amazon) take them on, and it seems as though a bit at a time he is doing exactly that, and in fact eBay is losing market share annually, as various entities take over what used to be entirely their's alone. After all the hassles I have had over the years, I would love to see eBay replaced by a consumer friendly entity, though from what I hear from the vendors, they are not any happier about dealing with them. I also question their insistence on you using only PayPal...as it has created a market monopoly and is essentially double dipping.

Tip for consumers: Do not ever trust eBay, and beware allowing PayPal into your banking account. I had PayPal arbitrarily empty my entire account, and it took months for them to even approach trying to fix it. I was eventually forced to close my eBay account and my bank account, and start all over. Caveat Emptor.

ashles
2/18/15

Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in the mail, and it didn’t work. I called Ebay right away explaining to them my situation and how I needed my money back. They said I had to wait 5 days and if I don’t hear from the merchant, they will refund my money to my paypal account and tell me what I need to do as far as sending it back. I wasn’t fond of having to wait. I figured I should be able to send this broken phone back right away since it didn’t work, but I waited because I had to. So I call ebay back after the 5 days for my refund, they tell me I wont be getting a refund until the merchant has received the phone back. I explained to them the situation with the cell phone company being bought out and im on a huge time crunch now because I was sent a damaged phone. They didn’t care at all. They still refuse to refund my money until I go to kinkos, print out the label they sent me, return the phone and then wait for it to reach the merchant. I will NOT have my money refunded back to me before Cricket makes the change to only GSM capable phones. This means im not only out hundreds of dollars (not only for the phone itself but the accessories for the phone as well as the cost to turn the phone on and the first months payment, as I switched to a new carrier, and none or this is refundable). Ebay and Paypal together have seriously screwed me. Neither of them will refund my money in time to buy a new phone. I will absolutely NEVER buy from ebay again ever and I advise anyone else to stay clear of ebay aswell. They not only lie to you but they are completely unwilling to work with you which should be their priority when being sent damaged items. Their money back guarantee is only if you’re willing to go completely out of your way to do things they way they say to do them. I shouldn’t have had to wait at all to send the phone back. I should have my money back by now.

Tip for consumers: Please don’t anyone EVER buy from ebay. The one and only time I ever bought anything from their site was for a $300 cell phone. I’m a single mother so I worked my butt off and saved up just enough for this phone. With Cricket being bought out by AT&T, phones that are not GSM capable will not be able to be used for the Cricket service. This change happens in just a matter of days. I saved up and bought this phone well before the change happened so I wouldn’t be without a phone. I got the phone in

barbarar39
2/16/15

I ordered a juicer for my son and within an hour he told me it was the wrong item. I immediately contacted them to cancel the order to be told (after three cancellation requests) it had already gone out. No company works that fast! He received the juicer and returned it the same day. To date, I have received no refund for this juicer and not even a response to my inquiry as to the reason....this is unacceptable. There is so much competition now we don't have to put up with poor service!

laceyb1
2/12/15

I've been selling on ebay for 10 years. It is straight up AWFUL to their sellers. Good for buyers, bad for sellers. Buyers can literally make up lies about something you sold, and force a return through ebay and ebay takes the money directly out of your account, whether the buyer returns it or not. The buyer can send back a empty box, but if they get a tracking number, they automatically get a refund and ebay does not care to listen to your side of the story or what you have to say. The buyer is right every time. End of story. You can't email them, and if you try to contact customer service someone in India answers the phone and can NEVER understand the problem or offer any real solution. So tired of getting scammed by ebay because they're too scared of having a disappointed buyer, even if that buyer is a scammer.

Tip for consumers: Good for buyers - bad for sellers.

lindac81
2/12/15

ebay ROCKS!!! i've bought books, cds, beads, yarn, beauty supplies, dog coats....i love the *auction* thing!!

theob26
2/12/15

Selling on ebay the fees somehow seemed to turn out higher than they advertise. Also seller protection is faulty. All someone has to do is say the item they received was damaged and they will take the money out of your account and you have to pay more if you want the damaged item sent back. I had a buyer post pics of a damaged item that wasn't even the same color or pattern jacket i shipped as their 'proof' of damage. Because i shipped priority mail they gave the buyer the money back and pawned me off on the post office for insurance. I got only half my money back and lost $50 on just one sale. Spoke to several ebay representatives who were all useless. If i had known it was that easy for buyers to scam sellers i would have charged the buyer for the extra insurance. Sellers beware.

abdulhadia
2/11/15

I love eBay and do most of my shopping there. As long as one checks the reviews and the country the product is in its all fine. I have never had a bad experience with them apart from some secondhand book dealer in the UK who abused me, but hey, we all know what 2nd hand book dealers can be like.

Tip for consumers: Carefully check the sellers ratings and then decide.

waltb2
2/8/15

Have you ever figured out what eBay charges sellers???? IT IS OVER 11% !!!!! Then PayPal (owned by the same people) charged me an additional 4% for the service of transferring the money, which there is NO OTHER WAY !! YES, a minimum of 15% of my sale comes right of the top - THAT IS USERY !!! I am doing my selling through Amazon (moderately better) and I suggest you do the same. If I deduct 15% of my sales to eBay, I would be better off selling to a pawn shop. THINK ABOUT IT.

Tip for consumers: Buying might be a deal now, but selling is nearly prohibitive - what do you think buying will become? There are many other sites to sell on, if you look, that do not take total advantage of you.

bd27
2/7/15

On 20 January 2015, I purchased a Macbook Pro laptop on eBay for $791. The seller listed it in working order and having been inspected by Apple. The seller had excellent feedback, excellent communication, and it arrived promptly on 23 January.

Just over a week later, the logic board failed, and the seller refused to accept a return, a partial refund for the estimated cost of repairs (an additional $425), or provide documentation that it had been inspected by Apple. The repair shop where I had it inspected confirmed that the logic board was faulty, and that the failure was not caused by user error.

I opened a case with eBay on 3 February stating that the item was not as described (since the seller had no proof that it had been inspected by Apple), and it had failed within the time frame of their 30-day Buyer Protection clause. Ebay closed the case on 5 February in favour of the seller stating that because I had owned it for a week before contacting the seller for a return, it had been altered and was no longer returnable. My purchase should be covered under eBay's 30-day protection, but they have instead sided with a seller who lied about the condition of the computer.

I have spoken directly with the case manager at eBay, but she was not helpful. I have contacted the seller once again requesting a partial refund for cost of repairs or a full refund for a return.

I have filed official complaints about eBay's customer service with the Better Business Bureau and IC3; but I am still out $791 for a computer shaped brick, and an additional $425 if I want it repaired. I cannot contest the charge through PayPal, because the case has been closed, and I cannot contest the charge with my bank, because the seller refuses to authorise a return for the computer.

The customer service team is unhelpful, rude, and hung up on me twice after I respectfully requested to appeal the case. I have been an eBay customer since 2006, and I have had excellent dealings with eBay up until now. But I can honestly say that I have never been made to feel so helpless and insulted by a company that I once trusted. Don't expect anything from the eBay customer service team, specifically the high value items division of the Appeals Department.

dalec21
2/5/15

I bid on an auction on Jan. 19th before the auction had ended. Ebay sent me a notice that "auction ended" and "you are the high bidder" with a 10:00 pm time stamp on it. I took a screenshot of it and waited to be able to pay. It came to pass that ebay had let two other bidders into the auction after I had won the auction. The first two reps that I spoke with (a clerk and a so called manager) were very off putting and kept telling me that I should contact the seller. What a joke. Does John Donahoe even know how his customers are treated? The integrity that ebay has known is apparently not a part of its present day form. I believe I was lied to (repeatedly after I was cheated and complained ... and I believe that I was cheated. And after ebay sent me a notice that said "auction ended" and "you are the highest bidder" the passing off and the canned speaches started. I was then told by a mgr on January 19th ... the day ebay took my auction win from me ... not to call in or open any more resolutions as this will delay the process and slow things down. Then she told me that this should be resolved in 3-5 days. Today is February the 5th and I just spent over an hour and 39 minutes being passed around and treated like I should be sorry that I was a good customer of the once proud and honest ebay.

billw67
2/3/15

Ebay is a great site. Their basic search engine on the home page and options to view various different categories is easy to use.

Members can sell or buy by make bids for items and the site is constantly updated with new prices and new auctions...I am sure as most of you know.

Great concept which does not get old.

Tip for consumers: Don't go anywhere else...

peterl78
2/2/15

have had more trouble than its worth. not happy, mess around wait to long for responces and overall not in to this. i hope there on there way out. save people.

Tip for consumers: test buy, small.

broch
2/1/15

I have had 3 buys in 2years on ebay, one purchase in 2013 for a tool seller sent sex book and ripped of many other buyers , next one was month ago for tool battery which nothing came but they took funds, and now waiting on return of funds on defective materials sent to me last week. Ebay has become a den of thieves, and ebay allows them to operate since ebay gets money from their wares. Save yourself heartache, phone calls, and your valuable time, do not do business with ebay!!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Ebay is a den of thieves with ebay condoning their activities and dragging out the investigation process hoping all will go away and they in turn get to keep funds.

veenav
1/29/15

Ordered Nutribullet on ebay. Having paid a whole 15 k for the product,ebay doesnt mail me the delivery or even tracking details. After one week I had to call up ebay i numerable number of times to ask what exactly is the status of my delivery. Finally when the product did arrive the user manual was missing. Again more time had to be put in in making calls. As for the customer care,I would give it a negative marking. They seem to have no patience,cut us short,and downright rude. Go for flipkart instead. I had no choice since the product was not on flipkart. Flipkart pampers their customers with regular mails regarding their delivery,polite customer care and instant resolutions.

rosat2
1/28/15

Thanks to ebay I can purchase items that do not sell in my country. It has a buyer protection system which gives me confidence for the return of my money. Iam buyer since 3 years"

kennethc30
1/27/15

"I will never use eBay again. I suggest you don't either. I ordered 3 things from 3 different resellers and none of them ever arrived even though their tracking states it was delivered. eBay then advised that I was not entitled to a refund. This is the worst customer experience of any kind that I have ever had to deal with. I feel like I have been stolen from and there nothing I can do about it. "

kevinm107
1/26/15

i still enjoy buying the odd bargain on ebay, but the days of the casual seller are long gone. unless you operate as a large business seller, then ebay will come down on you like a ton of bricks. the customer service feels like it's practically run by computer programs. trying to speak to a human, never mind the same human twice is virtually impossible by phone or email.

carlb39
1/22/15

This review is about Ebay and their total lack of professionalism .
i have been buying items on ebay for several years with no problems , then i decided to sell an item ,what a mistake !!!!!!
i sold an item for £830 ,the buyer made a complaint that it was not as described and opened a case against me . I HAVE NO PROBLEM WITH THAT !
I agreed to send the refund in full once a had checked that the item had not been damaged in transit or by the buyer . The buyer posted the item but as i was away for a couple of days , the delivery was not made ,and parcel force made a mistake on the their records ,saying I had refused delivery .I WAS NOT HERE TO REFUSE WHICH I CAN PROVE
parcel force then returned the item to the buyer the next working day who keeps it and does not inform ebay or myself , i tell ebay i have not got the item but as parcel force records show it was refused ebay pays the buyer a refund , ebay then closes the case in the buyers favor and my ebay account is closed and ebay issues me with a collection notice for £830 .I have spoken to costumer service at ebay many times and sent dozens of emails explaining the issue even made formal complaints and threaten court action against ebay without a proper response from ebay .
just email after email threatening action against me if i do not pay them

MY ADVICE DO NOT SELL ON EBAY !!!!!!

breanz
1/18/15

Have been shopping online here for years, have never had an issue, shipping is fast and customer service is great. Love the wide mix of items available and you can choose US only (some things I like to get from US only, don't mind buying out of country but love the option)

brianb73
1/18/15

Ebay is great except they don't have a product review, like amazon.com. All we can review is the store, so a store can get away with selling something bad. And really; allot of times I want to give a positive review for a item, maybe allot more than a bad review. I have items I have bought more than a year ago that I would still like to say it's a great produsct, like this heavy duty tarp, when I first bought it it was thin and I wasn't sure how good it was except the price, but it's great and lasting fine that I want to give it a 3 thumbs up review, but I can't.

Tip for consumers: It all depends on what you buy on quality, and watch for where the item is being shipped; from china you might have to wait awhile!

pattys13
1/17/15

An indeed great solution to shop at home. Hate being in offline shops.
Customer service is always looking forward to protect customers from scams

gladysr2
1/16/15

be_be store sells almost exclusively what it describes as "authentic" Tiffany jewelry. The jewelry I received was fraudulent. I believe this seller's very large inventory of Tiffany items is air mailed free from China (google "Tiffany China). Merchant turns very nasty when asked about her source of jewelry: I received emailed ill wishes and threats towards me personally and also my husband and daughter (their names presumably obtained from Google). I've learned my lesson: BUY TIFFANY FROM TIFFANY.

Tip for consumers: Please be aware that authentic Tiffany jewelry cannot likely be bought on eBay. There are many sellers like be_be store on eBay. Any seller who has has more than a few pieces of Tiffany jewelry for sale is very likely offering counterfeit items from China. Always check the return policy.

lc37
1/13/15

Received my second order from Odem_nowadays shop in Ebay and gave 2 positive, one neutral and one negative comment on the 4 items received. That was due to one item bent due to having been packed folded, not enough padding for the items, so the bag had torn, and slightly slow shipment. They kindly offered to refund the bent item, and I revised my rating for the item to positive. Otherwise the items were nice quality, just as promised, and the price was good.

Never received my fist order of 5 items, that had already shipped prior to me placing the second order. After 30+ days' wait and then a month of many emails nothing was done by them to correct the issue, but they kept hinting that they could not help because I had not given fully positive review to them, and as a small company they need and deserve perfect reviews. I could not change the review afterwards to an unrelated order and cannot see the relevance. They seemed to suggest that maybe both orders had been shipped together, but the shipping notice for the first order was prior to placing the second order. Gave me a promise a few times to reship the order and twice to refund within 48 hours, but nothing happened as time passed by. Got refund from Paypal.

They still bothered to send me a message to say that it is important not to leave any negative or neutral feedback/review for them for the order that I never received.

Free shipping does not really benefit either the customer or seller. The estimated cost must be added to item price for the business to survive, but not specifying the shipping cost as a part of the total cost makes the customs fees and duties higher for the buyer. As a buyer I would be encouraged to make only small orders, below the dutiable value, which causes added work and cost for the seller.

Well, on the other hand I would not place any large order to a seller that I have not found reliable. And sad to say, this shop was not reliable.

Lots of nonsense and trouble. No option for tracking number for shipment.

Ebay itself is a great concept. Customer service only reachable by phone, and resolutions only available via Paypal. All depends on if the seller is reliable.

Tip for consumers: Avoid: http://www.ebay.com/usr/odem_nowadays

Ebay itself is OK.

Would be good if Sitejabber could show the whole link provided for the review, as this review was not written about Ebay.com, but about a specific shop on Ebay platform.

dennisk22
1/13/15

I recently purchased fake Morgan silver dollars from a seller through eBay. When I returned the fakes, I did not get my refund. The eBay money back guarantee is worthless. Trying to contact the company is a joke. The responses are spindled through some kind of a knothole through their customer service and resolution center. The link to "call eBay" does not show up on their site. The seller was from China, so not even our police authorities were interested in pursuing this fraud. I would encourage sellers and buyers to be very aware of the lack of integrity of eBay. If you buy and sell long enough, you will learn this lesson the hard way.

maraschillod
1/13/15

Great ppl i had a guy rip me off and not send the product i had a lil bit of trouble at first but after 2hours we ot everything settled thank god ont give up on ebay

redpandam
1/12/15

EBAY IS AWESOMEEE
I just love it.
I usually buy phone cases, gadgets, swimsuits, techsuits (for you competitive swimmers out there)
There are always some bad customers though...
But I love the prices I can find. Things like an Iphone otterbox case, I got for $10!! It's originally at around what.. $50 in stores? So this was a great find. Everything I bought so far has come in great condition, just the way the sellers depict it. I've even found an arena techsuit at $70 which was awesome from the original of around $150.
love this site.

alayhama
1/12/15

they are always at the seller side no buyer protections as they are claiming , i have 4 bad experiences with them the seller selling fake not as described or counterfeited products .
the escalations tools they have not very limited and not giving the chance to give full feedback

Tip for consumers: ebay allowing seller to trade with counterfeited products and unauthorized items

mikem227
1/9/15

stay away if you're selling, the buyer protection program forces you to take returns, that's fine if there is a real issue. My buyer didn't like the item, sent it back with the critical parts missing so i opened a "case" with ebay to get my items back. ebay refunded the customer without getting my parts back, this left my item useless. i called customer service and the official ebay response was "lost or missing items from a return is considered a cost of doing business".i'm not a business but ebay dosent care. the fees are outrageous. no sellers no ebay...! Wait it gets better...so i get an email that my checking account is overdrawn. Ebay takes the refund directly from my checking account bypassing Paypal. My paypal account had the available funds i was anticipating the return. that was another 3 hours on the phone and no customer satisfaction again. i called my bank and turned them in for a fraudulent transaction. there was a time when i would have given ebay 5 stars, not anymore. ohhh....yeah and you cant give negative feedback about a buyer. i had a customer make an offer on an item i accepted the offer, he never paid so you have to work to get through the ebaysite to get seller fees refunded then when you go to relist your item ebay charges you again. not to mention the lost time or potential sale because of slow or uncertain buyer. ebay wont last long screwing the sellers...no sellers no ebay

Tip for consumers: there are alternative sites for selling, i wish i had the cash,i would open a new online web store.

whaledyo
1/8/15

I have great shopping experience on ebay, fast and quick delivery of service. I strongly recommend if you are buying from seller within THE UNITED STATES. You may experience delays in delivery buying from sellers outside the STATES.

keithh39
1/6/15

I started getting charged each month after buying something on ebay. Their communication is horrible and is a cheap way of making $$. They may be legit but they are using a backdoor approach to making their profit.

dianas32
1/5/15

"I spent 11,500 on ebay in less than 6 months and had an issue with a seller who requested I return an item. A treadmill that I no longer had the original packaging for so he suggested I buy a box. After spending an additional $36 on the box the seller did not respond to me or ebay when we asked for the return label. Ebay Kept me on the phone for 4 hours the 1st time I called and 2 hours the second time. They refused helping me due to the fact that it was past 60 days even though THEIR seller sent a written agreement which Ebay can access. They have terrible customer service and no policy or repercussion for sellers screw their customers. They will never see another dollar from me but will be meeting my attorney. Mammothtrading is not a company anyone should be doing business with. " EBAY WON'T LAST ALLOWING BUSINESS LIKE THIS

Tip for consumers: Us a more reputable sight. Ebay has the worst customer service and policies I have ever seen.

juliap12
1/1/15

I've been shopping on ebay for maybe 7 or 8 years, mostly for vintage/pre-owned clothing and shoes and bike parts. I've purchased a few other random things as well.

Overall, my transactions have been positive: I've only had a few items that were either in poor condition or not as described. For items where size and condition really matters, I ask sellers questions before making a purchase - generally, they are happy to respond and do so within a day or two.

For the most part, my purchases have arrived quickly - including a dress from the UK and some hardware from Canada! (I'm in the US.)

Tip for consumers: If in doubt, ask your sellers questions about the items you want!

joshc45
12/30/14

Ridiculous fees, poor customer sevice, takes forever for funds from selling to clear by Ebay's new "buyer protection" process, this site is clearly taking advantage of being the only viable to buy and sell. Please let there be a new site to put this horrible company back in their place. Megalomania in it's purest form!

rufust1
12/30/14

I quit buying from ebay. They have totally incompetent people who decide on your complaints. Bought a GPS and found defects the seller did not mention. GPS was totally useless and seller did not list that item was for parts or needed repair Ebay customer service tells you policy of buyer beware and says I have buyer's remorse. The idiot did not even look at what the seller listed and what I was complaining about. Totally INCOMPETENT!!! Damn right I have buyer's remorse after getting junk from a seller and not getting a refund from it. The GPS ended in the dump.

Tip for consumers: You wont get assistance from dumb people at ebay customer service. They are totally clueless on how to resolve issues and hide behind those fine lines in their terms of agreement. No chance of contesting a decision so you're screwed by ebay.

dannyk15
12/30/14

Horrible business. You get punished by not selling enough and the they put restrictions so you can't sell more or close your account.

Tip for consumers: Don't buy or sell on ebay you will get screwed.

connied21
12/30/14

I won a bid on e-bay and when they sent me the e-mail with the link to complete my purchase, the amount they were charging was double the amount of the purchase. The seller and I spent 8 hrs the next day trying to get e-bay or paypal to fix the problem. Paypal told me to have the seller send me their invoice instead of e-bays invoice. After searching the e-bay website for over 30 mins trying to find a phone number for them and eventually having to google it to find one, then sitting on hold for 40 mins waiting to speak to an e-bay rep who could barely speak English, I was told it was a "glitch" on their part and to have the seller send me the paypal invoice. When I pointed out to the e-bay rep that the only way the seller could send me the paypal invoice was for me to give him my e-mail address and exchanging e-mail addresses was prohibited under e-bay rules, the e-bay rep got silent for a few mins then told me e-bay would send me an e-mail. 24 hrs later, I still don't have this e-mail e-bay was SUPPOSE to send me. If a company can't fix their own screw up, they aren't a company I want to do business with! After this fiasco, I will no longer do business with e-bay or paypal. I highly doubt the seller will either since he shared some horror stories with me that he's had with both companies. Also, I ONLY gave e-bay 1 star since this site won't let you give zero!

nairak
12/18/14

I'm a eBay seller since 2009 and I was not protected by eBay protection as they say cheaters take a lot of money while selling on eBay but don't provide customer service at all horrible place to sell

Tip for consumers: DO NOT SELL ON EBAY

adfaff
12/18/14

I shop on Ebay for more than 10 years and i can hardly recall any cases when i was unsatisfied.
Quality of the sellers is high, there is a claim process in case of any problems and support team works quite fast.
But from my point of view - the prices are higher then on aliexpress or dealextreme.
Of course it's not right to simply compare those marketplaces, but 50% of ebay sellers sell the same things as on aliexpress. Or they just drop ship.
In order to pick the right product among hundreds of choices i used to read reviews on http://skuguru.com
There are sections related to ebay, aliexpress and other internet shops.

Tip for consumers: Read detailed product reviews on special web sites like http://skuguru.com

jamesd119
12/14/14

Tried to talk to eBay about linking my paypal account and I would have done better talking to my dog . I will never try to buy on eBay again

Tip for consumers: Find a better place to shop

millionaired
12/13/14

Great site, I can find almost everything on eBay! Lots of sellers arround the world and great price! Never had any issues but beware of taxes depends where you live!

I bought Rolex Deep Sea bezel, and damn the price of tax was 32% total of the price for shipping to EU. Not sellers fault but be sure to take a note on that!

Tip for consumers: Check your country tax before purchase!

markm155
12/12/14

I ordered an item from a seller and never received it. The seller wouldn't assist in resolving the issue with the shipping company even though they were a reputable seller. "eBay Buyer Protection" doesn't do anything for you. Here I am buying a TV from their site, never receiving a TV and they also, DO NOTHING TO HELP. All they say is that the case is resolved because the shipper shows that it was delivered. Well guess what.. it wasn't....

So I'm out the money I spent on the TV. All I can do is issue a bad review for the lack of customer service, and I get an email from eBay saying the review has been removed. So basically, you cant trust the reviews on ebay as they'll just remove it if it's bad.

Here's the text from the mail..

Recently, you opened an eBay Buyer Protection case for Changhong 40" 1080p LED HDTV - LED40YC1700UA. We also received the feedback you left for the transaction, but it's been removed from the seller's feedback profile because of a recent decision on the eBay Buyer Protection case.

Tip for consumers: Just go to amazon.... never any issues there.

fikretm1
12/11/14

dont use Ebay, i've got a lot of problems about buying staff and they just robb people as they work together with sellers! Ebay is useless is better go to the shop look buy and no headech!!! they r scams... everywhere!!!

mariem38
12/11/14

Dont bother using ebay if you haven't set up already. After 6 years of using ebay my account has been changed. I am no longer allowed to sell on ebay. I asked why and their reply was The concerns over your 'previous sale' are not the only reason of this restriction. ' Disgusting. They wont give me a reason

Tip for consumers: Tip - dont use it

dm118
12/8/14

have dealt with many different vendors. I check their user ratings and have not once had a problem, not once received an item not as described. a pleasure to do business with.

ms156
12/3/14

I have been selling on Ebay for several years now. When I First started out, buyers tried their best to take advantage of me as a new comer. When I showed them better than tell them, I was not that dumb, things changed. I had worked hard to be an honest seller and it seemed no matter what I did, it wasn't good enough. I endured enormous stress to start. After selling for over a year I have sold approx.. 6,000 maybe, and of that amount have lost well over $5000. I have given away most of my items, due to outrageous fees, shipping cost, and so forth. I wonder why I am still selling on Ebay.com. Well the truth is, so far Ebay.com is one of the top sites for sellers to unload their products, but many people are fed up, including local businesses who I have spoken to recently who said they are about to close their accounts because Ebay.com is out for themselves, gives the sellers who earn their money for them crap, no respect, no rights, and the buyers can walk all over the sellers as they choose. I give Ebay.com one star recently because they are making improvements it seems, I just wonder who is going to benefit from those improvements. Hum.

Tip for consumers: If you are seller, don't think you can make money selling low cost items. Your best bet is to market and sell high dollar items if you want to make any profit. Selling low cost items means you cover high cost shipping, not eBay's fault as that is on the post office, but you also pay ebay.com fees that are just outright enormous when you consider you are double charged by Ebay.com and Paypal.com, the two in cohoots working hard to make themselves millionaires or billionaires at customers expense.

edd667
12/3/14

received 2 vulcan rdas from ebay that were junk.could not remove bottom part to access wicks.JUNK.was told to contact seller but seller has no address or phone.called customer service and after an hour plus my time on the web i was told that the phone number cant be made public DAH? than how do you contact seller if they do not return email complaint.is this a store or a RIPOFF? i have heard ebay is trying to compete with amazon, go luck with that.should have read this site before going to ebay.

Tip for consumers: do not buy from ebay unless you like to gamble. customer service should be called customer brush off

vernah2
12/3/14

Ebay has ways of taking advantage of people by collecting extra fees. Their latest scan was to offer 2 free listings per item by checking a box on the listing. After a few months they announced they were going to start charging for the relistings. Even though I was assured the items would not be relisted the were and I was charged about $200. It has taken 8 phone calls and I am still not sure my money has been refunded. Then I had to spend about 8 hours going in and changing each listing individually to get the relistings removed.

Either their people do not know the answers or intentionally lie, because they tell you different things and never follow through. If they can't help you they just hang up.

Tip for consumers: Don't sell anything.that you aren't willing to overpay for fees, have to pay for if the post office doesn't deliver, or you are willing to receive negative feedback when the buyer can't read. Ebay conveniently lets buyers leave negative feedback for sellers, but sellers can only leave positive feedback for buyers. So unfair.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
A: i did one time there, not bad, i think i will buy more from ebay
11/16/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

3 Photos for eBay