US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sams243

THeor customer service is bad, their site looks old fashioned. (in 92 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 434 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 289 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

ademonw
2/8/16

best shopping site for quality products

tamarc
2/8/16

I have been power shopping on eBay for a while... My very first purchase was a bust.. A bag from China that lasted me less than a week.. Full crap... And took months for it to get to my NY address.. But I have been learning and now eBay is my new best friend... It has loads of stuff and in great quality... Shipping is awesome (sometimes free) and total delivery time is 1-3 weeks.... I even have some friends that order through me... Will forever keep shopping at eBay...

tonier
2/8/16

Always finding good deals on ebay. Whether im searching for clothes, car parts, or electronics..ebay is always my 1st choice.

rickyl8
2/7/16

$#*!y company with terrible customer service.

sandrad49
2/6/16

I recently bought a Sholdit ( a infinity scarf with hidden zippers for carrying you phone and ID or something) from the store on ebay called Lot92. It was brand new, shipped fast and I loved it. They had some other neat things I am going to go back and buy. Fast shipping. You can find so many things on eBay!

billd61
2/5/16

I ordered Coq10 from nathansnutritionals off EBay's site. The powder in the capsules is brown. Coq10 is orange. I emailed the seller to have them picked up. I didn't have a printer to print a label, nor the time to go to the PO office. No response. I called Ebay several times and 1st argued they should insist he not inconvenience me anymore over his fraudulent products, but then argued they should get the pills to see that he is a defrauding people. They refused but these ideas but said I had 30 days to return it, and was protected by buyer protection. I was finally able to get to a printer when I find that the case was resolved in his favor. AND MY FEED BACK WARNING TO OTHERS WAS REMOVED. They lied to me about how many days I had to return it. People are relying on that Coq10 to replace what's lost due to aging and/or statin drugs. Ebay has chosen to help sellers defraud people. I've spent a hrs on this already and now have to go on to a credit card fight. Amazon has resolved issues in 1 short phone call. It might be best to see if their site has what you need 1st.

robbz
2/5/16

As a seller on eBay I jumped through hoops and was treated like a dog in order to become a power seller and keep my ratings in good standing. After dealing with many many unethical and dishonest people with no support from customer service I began to use my "Cancel Order" option to avoid being screwed since I knew eBay would not protect me. I had a 99.3% positive feedback rating with the only negative feedback coming from a dishonest customer who got his money back and kept my item which eBay refused to address. I gave away merchandise just to avoid any defects on my seller rating. Without a prior warning or email to let me know what was happening I received a below standard rating for having a 3.5% defect rate as a result of cancelled orders. Ebay reduced my account to ashes taking away my listings and moving my listings to very far down on the search listings. When I tried to cancel my account after 7 very frustrating phone calls I was told that I couldn't cancel my account while it was below standard. So now I have an eBay account which does not sell anything but still charges me all of the fees and I am helpless to do anything. There is absolutely no protection for sellers!!! I promise you, if you are a seller, eBay doesn't care anything about your business or your needs. They WILL screw you!!! No matter how hard you try to make all of the unreasonable customers happy, in the end, you mean nothing to eBay.

alexm114
2/4/16

So sins 2 Months im on EBAY too ! Were i try to bay an Handy on a good price ! Witch is not so easy like i was finking ! For information of differen Item Prices the Site is good ! but to get something in a cheap price witch cost normaly expensif thats not so easy to get it on Ebay like everybody is finking! i tried sins 4 Weeks to get a Samsung S4 for a good Price an i failed all the time . an i can not undersand Peoples on Ebay witch a abel to pay 100 Euro for a used an skratched phone witch i can get on Ebay for 180 Euro NEW !! an dont forget that this Model of Phone is alrady an old Modell because nouw you can get alrady the S6 an in a cupple of Months you get the S7 or S7 EDGE an so ! so thats a big concerne to me on EBAY . i have tryed different pourchased systhems but no luk to me !

sarmisthas
2/4/16

we can say just ok ok website.

aashir
2/4/16

I am using ebay for the past couple of months, I get each and every product that is not available on other shopping websites but it available in ebay. The point is that we can use ebay for buying as well as selling account.

shrutis6
2/4/16

a very nice website for electronic gadgets only..

sheenam18
2/4/16

Firstly I want to tell you guys that I love eBay for nail products. They wrap your product in such a way that theirs no way it can break or get damaged during the time of delivery.

I got my order of nail art striping tapes and dotting tools from eBay yesterday

I must say the quality of eBay products is excellent.

If you want to do nail shopping then go to ebay!:D

nehag6
2/4/16

ebay quality of products are just good in use. last month in january i had purchased a hand bag of elegance company worth rs. 1500/- it was so pretty much elegant as i have saw in their site. i was very much satisfied with the quality of product which generally other site do not provide.

deepikas2
2/4/16

Hi guys. I like this site very much as all the products are in very reasonable cost in this site. many many time this site launch coupons for new user as well as for old user . like last time I shop a hair dyer for it . its original price is in site is 250 and I buy it in 150 after coupon applied for new user. I love this site and its delivery time is also good. I am satisfy with this site.

vietn10
2/4/16

Don't do too much listing or you will be thrown out for "suspicious security activity". Pardon me, but I thought the purpose of ebay was to connect seller and buyer.

THEN THEY Don't CARE TO REPLY OR ANSWER ANY UNSOLVED ISSUE

James, USA

jackw93
2/4/16

I won a DSLR camera and went to pay immediately. PayPal declined both of my cards multiple times and I've never had problems with payment outside of PayPal. I even paid through the guest PayPal successfully a few times, having made another purchase on Ebay recently.

I called PayPal customer service to find out apparently I had an unverified account from when I boycotted them years ago for refusing to verify. I told them I had closed that SIX YEARS AGO and the one time I come back it's a problem.

They closed the account but I still had problems, so they recommended I request a PayPal invoice from the seller. The whole time this is happening I've been communicating with the seller and it's only been a few minutes. I request the invoice and tell them I have to go to a meeting and will be back within 4 hours. 4 hours later the first thing in my email box is a messaging asking if I was going to pay and threatening to repost.

I told them to have some patience and hold on a second, they need to respond to my communication and send the invoice I requested before they jump to abrupt conclusions. My further messages were ignored and they cancelled and reposted the listing within FIVE MINUTES, only FOUR HOURS after I won. If you don't even give a buyer 24 hours to purchase the item you're a TERRIBLE SELLER. A flake that didn't really want to sell it!

So I left a negative feedback, reported the relisting to Ebay for false listing (he would not sell it, it was a "fishhook" as they call it). Then I posted a warning in the Ebay community. Username is cudenver. He had the nerve to request me alter the Feedback without communicating to resolve the situation whatsoever.

Meanwhile, I'm looking at various community discussions and the top tags are "scam" and "seller", with buyers complaining about terrible things that happened to them and people in the community saying it's their fault! There was NO accountability and NO integrity in the group.

Then I get responses blaming me as well, and saying my post would be removed for "shaming and naming". Because warning people about a bad seller and giving them bad publicity as a consequence of their actions is not allowed. Within minutes of the discussion my voice in the conversation was cut off as the post was removed by a mod.

I responded to the mod about being done with Ebay and PayPal and that I had never had a worse experience in an internet community. 4Chan is better than these two.

Tip for consumers: Boycott Ebay and boycott PayPal. There's a reason Ebay solely uses paypal for payment. They are affiliate companies owned by the same people. PayPal has a monopolistic dictatorship and uses it to hurt people.

dorieh
2/3/16

I was informed each step of the way of the arrival of my package. It arrived in a few days. wonderful! I'll be back to see what else you have for sale.
dorie

abrarm1
2/3/16

it is nice ...

promilal1
2/2/16

Ebay connects ordinary people with customers all over world. I have purchased a watch from ebay for my friend. After receiving order i seen my product which is for my friend. Watch was awesome and nice. It quality also good and looking very nice. Very convenient store to buy anything...

smikshag
2/2/16

While I am looking for a mobile my brother suggested me that ebay is very nice site for buying cell phones.. after surfing this site i ordered a Samsung mobile which was very nice. Their function also good and all were perfect in quality. I am fully satisfied from this site..

lynnr44
2/1/16

After my parcel was sent to and signed for at the wrong address, my local Royal mail manager urged me to make a claim saying they took full responsibility. (Our road runs into another, and the parcel was sent to the same number but wrong road. It was signed 'williams' but we're Rogers. THEY are Williams but denied having it.).However, I needed a copy of the original Receipt and the seller ignored me with one message. You had the item and signed for it. Even though I explained I wasn't asking him for a refund.. he ignored me and what's much worse EBAY ignored my pleas for help too. It's been a lesson to me. Just because a parcel has been signed for doesn't mean the buyer has had it. Mistakes DO happen. I should have realised immediately as I often get their post but I drop it down to them. It makes me wonder how much other part they've had of mine...

mandyw11
2/1/16

Don't do too much shopping or you will be thrown out for "suspicious security activity". Pardon me, but I thought the purpose of ebay was to shop. They don't appear to like one bidding for multiple items.
I'm just not going to bother trying to be u suspended either. I don't see the point in running around photocopying driver's license and bank account to prove who I am. Funds were and are available, this proof of identity was not required prior to joining. The whole ridiculous rigmarole is pointedly absurd.
Anyone else been penalised for actually shopping, or I am just very unlucky??
Mandy W-B. Queensland, Australia.

sams243
1/30/16

eBay.com used to be a great site with a great concept. Today, they are only average. THeor customer service is bad, their site looks old fashioned.

hemanthr
1/30/16

I played order before 10days till now their is no response from seller or eBay.. Customers mer support worst... Shamefull to eBay.... Not gonna place any order on eBay...

selwynw
1/30/16

Been customer of eBay for years and even though I gave them proof of not receiving item they still sided with seller and did not get refund their money back refund is a farce complained about seller never replying to his emails and although the item was returned without me knowing he has still not gave refund i have closed my account give eBay and chinabuycheap 2 a wide berth

agronm1
1/29/16

Good reasonable offers with no lies about delivery, etc..

akashp1
1/29/16

I am giving single star because I am not able to give 0 star.
On item detail page ebay writes "Ebay Guarantee" with big font and make the customer fool like me.
I have purchase one 32 GB Samsung memory card from ebay. After purchase I found that it's not original card. Print made on card was removed by just touching with the finger.
So, I have raised the claim with id 1534590 to ebay on the next day of item received. First ebay reject the claim with the statement item was in manufacturer warranty, So I need to contact Samsung.
Then I go to Samsung service center they told me that it's not a Samsung card, so you need to contact merchant.
Then I contact seller by ebay email, I didn't get the reply for 5 days.
Then I called to ebay then have given me seller number and told me to try to contact seller for 5 days. Seller was not receiving the call but still I need to try for 5 days.
After 5 days I called to ebay then they told me that they will try to contact seller and will update the status with in 2 days.
After 2 days I didn't get the call, so I called to ebay and asking for the refund then they again tell me to wait 7 days.
After 7 days I called them and they told me to send the pictures of card on 'paisapaydocs@ebay.com'.
After sending the email I got the call from ebay and they executive told me that I will get the refund with in 7 days.
I didn't get the refund for 10 days, so I called them again then they told me that your claim was rejected because item was in manufacturer warranty.
Then after explaining whole case they told me that no one called from ebay and grant the refund. Due to call recorded previous call was recorded and I have start the recording during call the prove that I got the call from ebay executive. Then they told me to wait more 2 days.
After 2 days I called them again and again got the same answer, After listening the audio clip of call they told me to wait more 7 days.

I am so frustrated with this type of service. For every reader of this review I only suggest that never buy anything from ebay. Ebay guarantee is a big scam and never help out in trouble.

shanas
1/28/16

Trying to reset password but it makes me headache really headache. What more in ordering

marielw
1/28/16

It is disgusting how ebay is all about the buyer. I had a person personally attack me in the feedback, and ebay REFUSED to delete the comments. NONE of it was about the transaction. NOW I find out ebay takes a value added fee ON shipping charges. R U KIDDING ME!!! What for? Oh .. greedy revenue boosters. I am sick to death of the horrible service and 1 sided workings of ebay.

konchiwak
1/27/16

-1-1-1-1 so bad I can't even describe it.

whistlew
1/26/16

eBay specialist told me there is nothing that protects the seller. Now the buyer has my $165 and my jacket. Stay away the allure of perfect transactions is a huge lie. No safe place here. Sell your stuff at a garage sale this place is for "suckers".

gyanu
1/26/16

Ebay is not prompt to service still waiting for my refund and they are making conditions for return the money. Itemwas not good forquality then what is the fault of customer my claim was raised
Claim ID: 1605351
PaisaPay ID: 41367261651
Item number: 201432052127
Seller ID: onlinemegastore06
Date claim opened: 07-01-2016
Still Waiting for claim amount and further process. Totally fraud happening .Customer waiting in Blind faith . do needful,

till date didnt get refund while they promised onsame time it will refund within 20 days from claim raised date it was raised on 7th jan 2016 .

Tip for consumers: i will suggest do not purchase the items they are not supporting if they get money in advance . Already I am facing becoz i paid in advance

maryq6
1/25/16

So a woman sent me back her USED BRA instead of the American Girl Doll clothes that I sent to her. I got NO MONEY BACK, and cannot even leave her a bad review.
That is just ridiculous that ebay cannot even protect against faulty returns and I could not even make a case to be looked into because the case had been closed since Ebay's shipping labels must be used when making a return. Once it is returned it is not their problem anymore. People know how to work the system and get away with SCAMMING PEOPLE. The woman was not even penalized, all you can do is report her, but that will not stop her from being able to sell.

joannet12
1/25/16

My brother and I have been selling on ebay for over 10 years. During that time ebay has made a lot of changes that increasingly has made it harder on sellers. I love buying on ebay because anything you buy is guaranteed for 45 days when you pay with Paypal so it is hard to go wrong. At the same time you can imagine what sellers have to do with scamming buyers who know this and use the guarantee to their advantage. We have had buyers switch items, buyers who sent back empty boxes, etc. I was going to give ebay 3 stars but it is so great for buyers. So if you are a buyer...5 stars If you are a seller 2 Stars.

dmitriyd
1/24/16

Cool auctions and ebaysocial coupons

jimmyh38
1/24/16

Recently purchased a 10 set box Nickel Wound D'Addario XL Guitar Strings. String size 9-46 EXL125-10P. The seller was jcfi Wicked Strings. This is a very poor product. Playing guitar for forty years. Never broke so many strings in my life. Stay away from this product.

pavelm6
1/24/16

Very convenient store to buy different things from all countries. I bought as various fines and jacket for the autumn-winter. It's nice that there is a protection as paypal

joakimh
1/22/16

Bought a t-shirt from US to Sweden and it was delivered to my mailbox less than 2 weeks later with the cheapest option.

jimb192

4 orders 4 claims negative feedback eBay stinks

mohinil
1/20/16

I ordered argan oil and never received it i contacted the seller and he says its been dilevered to my home address by courrier but no one came or left a note to let me know they had come because every courrier company lets you know. ebay didn't even think to ask me anything they just decided they weren't gonna refund my money within few hours.

azhars
1/20/16

Ebay is a complete fraud , all thier policies are nothing but their cheap tricks on consumer who havent used their site,

I bought a phone a month ago,
i received a wrong product,
i raised for a claim,
have written more than 10 email,
the only action that was taken was :
i was called by ebay customer service who surely didnt know what he was doing , he connected my call to the retailer and retailer said that his boss was not here so he cannot do anything.
What am i suppose to do .
I never knew that ebay was such a big fraud.

And more over this isnt the first time,
Last time i had the same issue it was a refurbished product,
and i can assure you that refurbished goods on ebay are one of the biggest scam on the internet and they do it openly, if the phone you buy is faulty , they will literally disclose it to you that thier policies cover nothing for refurbished goods, they say go to manufacturer even if the issue is non -repairable .
Be warned EBAY guarantee is a name of a modern e-commerce trap.

chericeb1
1/19/16

According to the fine print, I was able to sell x amount of collectables for free. I posted items and did not use any of their services that indicated payment. I sold nothing. I removed all posts. Then they billed me 24.00 for the month, and then the next and the next and the next. I have not used or logged onto this site since trying to sell that one month. You cant respond to emails. There is no number that I can find for contact. I cant even find cancel service anywhere on their site. Stay away from them. Sneaky backsterds. And from what I've read, the seller has no protection against fraud. Seller be ware!!!!

chiragg1
1/18/16

Had ordered 2 iphone display..both wer damaged ones not working.atleast i would hav agreed if 1 was not working..hows tis possible.stop cheating customers.remember customers r kings fo u.

stevenm93
1/18/16

productsbyrus is an eBay seller who's breaking ebay rules by overcharging for shipping which is avoiding eBay fees by overcharging on shipping and charging for FREE USPS Priority Mail materials such as boxes, labels, and even padded envelopes all of which are FREE from the Post Office and the USPS will even deliver them in bulk for FREE to any seller's address be it home or business! Yet this seller feels the need to charge $4.50 per transaction to cover the eBay anbd PayPal fees!

Tip for consumers: Shop around on eBay and avoid anything from this seller.

miket113
1/18/16

Ebay in general is cheaper then amazon or other marketplaces, but for some reason on ebay there are also less qualitative seller active so I wouldn`t recommend ebay even for a toothbrush

el11397
1/18/16

Customers can lie and claim the item is not as listed and get a refund with no questions asked from the seller....even if you have a no refund policy. Please find another way to sell your merchandise. They are bullies to sellers.

saik18
1/18/16

Ebay is one of the worst website I ever seen in online shopping. I suggest everyone not to buy any product in ebay, no return policy and they will not return our money. They will provide you coupon code which is damn waste.

rhettd3
1/16/16

Bought a new Royce leather folder on eBay from 123 adam2007 and am extremely please with it, plus I received it within two days of my order.

rodgera4
1/16/16

Ebay really doesn't give a hoot about the consumer or the seller for that matter. Once they get your money they are done. And how about that money back guarantee, good luck in getting your money back in a timely manner. Once they have your money they put road blocks all along the way to stall you from getting your money back. I guess they are collecting as much interest as possible. Grant it one purchase that has gone wrong is not much but if, let’s say 1000 bad transactions occur daily then it starts to add up.
They just tell you have to wait another 4 days and then another 4 days, etc..

They also scam you on shipping and handling charges, they will charge you tax on the postage portion if your state mandates they collect state sales tax. However, states do not collect tax on postage; they will only collect tax on handling if the seller states there is a handling fee for the transaction. They are committing fraud flat out! I have been charged tax on several transactions that should never have been taxed on the postage part of the purchase. They are just taking these monies and putting it in their pockets.
And what does their CS say? I'm sorry but that's just how the system works.

rk66
1/15/16

If you are trying to buy a phone on ebay.. guys my best suggestion don't choose ebay tho the phone is 1000k more on other sites go it.. I'll share you my experience with ebay .. I bought Samsung s6 om eBay it said ebay lowest fare guaranteed .. later I purchased it said imported I have scrn shots to prove .. I received the product as I was scared about the site changing the title next day .. I took a video while opening the pack to my surprise the seal was broken n phone was on inside .. I have placed a return with ebay n they want me to prove them that it's not new one.. I was suprised to hear I have sent them the scrn shots the agent could understand what had happened .. nobody picked up .. after 9 days as I was getting no response I thought chalo use the phone may be imported buy this phone cannot be connected to PC no transfer data nothing it always says unauthorised chanfes afraid please restart I did it for 100 times still the same.. expecting no help from ebay I called Samsung direct they couldn't help on the issue .. I have told ebay about ppl there are such lite n no care for money .. after paying so much money I'm using a phone which always restarts n not able to connect to PC or hotspot nothing .. Indiana Is the seller if you call them he rudely ask you to contact ebay .. if he would in hyderabad I would have kicked his ass for being such rude... Ebay $#*! you I'm contacting my bank for money ..

22 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

15 Photos for eBay