US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 225 reviews)

elloita

The customer service was outstanding and positive improvements contiue to come. (in 27 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 147 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

riteshl1
10/21/14

The Worse Experience on online shopping in middle of Diwali Spree..!!!
I have purchased a LED TV on 20-Oct-2014 from ebay.in, while ordering the item, the estimated delivery time was shown as 25-Oct-2014. After looking for the delivery date only, I ordered the item. BUT after placing the order it became 01-NOV-2014 suddenly. I tried to reach the seller but his response is never supportive. The seller was Yogendra Sahoo. Even after that, I tried calling ebay customer care, and it was most irritating call of my life.. I was listening the music for 30 Mins and IVR was saying Your call is Important to us"and we will connect you ASAP. After 32 minutes the call was answered. And when I placed my query to the customer care representative, he said nothing can be done.. He was not ready to say anything to seller about this. Hi just said, the delivery will be done on 1-Nov-2014 only and if you dont want it, just return the item and nothing can be done for this. They are misguiding the users and putting the wrong information before order. And 0% co-operation for the queries you put. Worst.. More than Worst experience.

Tip for consumers: Do not believe on the estimated delivery date on eBay...!!! Beware about the wrong information provided.

kentm13
10/18/14

I have been selling on ebay for several years and have had an overall good experience. The one thing I do not like about ebay is how hard it is to talk to a real person. Also ebay is not very supportive of protecting the seller from irresponsible buyers who give negative feedback that is unsupported. The best thing about ebay is the international reach for sellers. Most people on ebay are good, responsible buyers and seller, but as has been pointed out watch for feedback ratings before doing business with sellers or buyers.

tracyh42
10/18/14

Ebay just posted quarterly profits of, I don't know, a couple BILLION dollars....and yet, here I am on Saturday waiting to speak to a customer representative and have waited over an hour so far. I'm sure their call center (filled with minimum wage workers) don't see any benefit of those profit levels and as a customer, I would expect they can hire more minimum wage workers to fulfill service demands. The only reason this isn't a one star is I'm expecting that once I get through (over an 1 hour? Come on!) that the call center worker will be very pleasant!

jessicar27
10/18/14

I have bought 19 items from eBay but today i decided to sell and there's a problem. I was blocked because a person in my family has a bad acount. Best part is they can't tell me who or how to fix it. I am being punished for someone else's problem.

Tip for consumers: Don't use someone else's computer because apparently they consider you quilt by association

rhondav4
10/16/14

Kids Jacket Monster High Fleece Lined Puffa Winter Anorak... (181538342282)

Member id loadsa-leggings | Feedback Score Of 3632 | 99.7%
wrong description but they will not take responsibility

Tip for consumers: I am waiting on one more item from loadsa-leggings after this experience with this seller I do not look forward to receiving it because if this description is wrong who knows what I will receive

alexr62
10/10/14

Pretty Cool

Had found hidden gems, but watch out for scams, even through one might have good feedback does not the mean the seller is great, watch out for time frames and feedback scores which can change overnight to many negatives. Overall a good experience

Tip for consumers: don't look for pure bargains, sometimes things may not be true but always watch out for great deals from good sellers and always ask questions if your in doubt.

mrm12
10/9/14

Even for a buyer ebay can be terrible, most sellers are great, but occasionally you get a greedy deceitful person, after dealing with a seller who agreed to combine the postage cost then after I won changed his mind! I spoke to ebay, their customer service is just horrible, they have wasted hours and hours transferring me from one clueless person to the next! I'm still waiting for an answer and it's already been about 3 hours, their answers are generic garbage like "we will not tolerate seller activity like this" then they do absolutely nothing! I've spoken to about 9 different clueless people and they keep transferring me to their "specialist team bla bla" yes very specialist indeed, one "specialist team" member transfers me to another "specialist", I guess they were not special enough, and instead of transferring me they disconnect me! Then I have to go through the whole story again with another person! Ridiculous, one person was so slow to respond I thought she was stoned, hours and hours wasted, if they cannot enforce agreements between buyers and sellers then what is their purpose, they should have a clear combined postage policy that seller's are forced to abide by there should a forced combined postage policy on the item description that would save both buyers and sellers so much hassle and headache. Update - after going in circles with ebay customer service chat for about 4 hours I just gave up, it seems that is their intention they are not the kind of company who wants to hear from their customers their entire website is designed to stop people from contacting them I couldn't even find a complaints department shocking for such a large company to not care about it's customers very sad :(

georgiar3
10/8/14

I have purchased a system. I rate them an A+. The transaction and product are exactly what the seller states. I am very much satisfied with this product.

rezah2
10/4/14

selling on e bay for more than a decade. It is getting worse and worse. Buyers take advantage of 14 days return policy. I DO NOT recommend e bay to anyone, high fees, bad and cheap buyers. when there is a case open against a seller, e bay always takes side of the buyer. If buyer says item defected, e bay accept it without hearing of the seller site and apply it to the seller performance rating. How someone with more than 200 positive feedback could be below standard? Because of buyers disputes, which never tell the truth, they just want to give an excuse to return the item. Etsy is my favorite place to sell.

Tip for consumers: Do Not sell on e bay because of number of returns

hoangh1
10/2/14

Ebay is so fix. The seller is the only good about because of slot of sellers. They do make it seem like they always back up the sellers , forcing buyers to leave positive feedback !!!

Tip for consumers: Go amazon

jjj10
10/2/14

Well I am very disappointed in eBay personally. Years back I was both a buyer on eBay and when I sold my one home sold hundreds of items on eBay because I collected certain things. I recently sold my other home and have a lot of items to sell. Out of hundreds I had two buyers who failed to read the ad on an item they bought and was not happy. When I pointed out the ad they both admitted their mistake. I would have been at 100% with A+ responses from hundreds of buyers. Now I go to my old account and I start selling items I no longer needed at my new home. Within 3 items I hit a limit. "A Limit"?? I never had a limit before. It looks like I have to earn the right to do business with eBay. Well it appears eBay puts a limit on sellers until they "prove themselves". I am a person of honor and proved myself past I feel. So here I set with hundreds of items and no place to sell them, and have to look elsewhere. So I guess eBay does not need my commissions. They lost my respect, and pretty much said my past performance means nothing to them. I will find other means to sell my antiques and collections. It is not as if their fees are cheap to begin with.

Tip for consumers: If you have over $1,500.00 worth of items to sell forget eBay and move on. They do not appreciate you as a customer. They want you to kiss their butt to do business with them.

adrianr11
10/1/14

Never again eBay! I was a faithful customer since 1999 but they have done their best to chase away good customers in favor of squeezing every last dime they can out of people. Good luck eBay your best days are behind you!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE!!!!

jays289
10/1/14

I am so happy with my experience on ebay, always able to find a great deal on items im looking for and have even been successful in selling some of my old stuff !! would highly recommend

janel69
9/30/14

i have been buying from companies in CHINA EASEYTRADER(2099)) ihave scammed by E-BAY PAID double for items PAYPAL SCAMMED by CHINESE business taking advatage of the elderly not sending items, telling the items are out of stock, wait 24 hours we will send it but it's going to take 20-30 days to get E-bay doesn't help it lets these CHINESE COMPANIES KEEP putting things on E-bay SCAMMED OUT OF $50.00 buy e-bay says it's to late for insurance to pay for it CAn i take this as a loss on my TAXES because my money is in CHINA IN plain words FFFFFFFFFFFF yyyyyyyy E_BAY PAYPAL and CHINESE COMPANIES

codswalloph
9/30/14

WE HAVE GIVEN UP ON EBAY.
APART FROM THE PROBLEMS THAT I CONTACTED YOU WITH, THERE IS A HUGE PROBLEM WITH THE EBAY PAYMENT SYSTEM
PAYPAL IS THE WORST CHARGING SYSTEM I HAVE EVER RUN ACROSS. TOTALLY INCOMPETENT. WE HAVE CLOSE OUR PAYPAL ACCOUNT AS A RESULT.
THEN THERE IS THE EXCESSIVELY LIMITED ACCESS TO CREDIT CARD PROCESSORS. WE DO NOT USE ANY OF THE 3 SYSTEMS THAT ARE LISTED, NOW WILL WE EVER USE ANY OF THEM.
GOODBYE EBAY.
IF YOU EVER GET YOUR ACT TOGETHER, LET ME KNOW

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE IT!

kentm12
9/30/14

I've bought a couple of hundred products on eBay in the last decade, including 2 cars. My most recent car purchase was problematic and eBay totally blew me off as far as backing me up. I chose to "make an offer" instead of bidding on the car and followed that with a $500 deposit through PayPal. The dealer requested a certified check upon delivery of the car and that, according to eBay, made it "an outside transaction" and a disqualification from any eBay protection. What?? I couldn't even leave a review because eBay "had no record" of the listing, bidding, or offer ( Again.... What??) and it did not appear on my Purchases. So much for my faith in the eBay Guarantee. (In addition, my letter to eBay headquarters went unanswered.)

Tip for consumers: Pay everything through PayPal, no certified checks! Cross your Ts and dot your Is. Don't assume that eBay is on your side, their guarantee is a maybe.

ashokl
9/30/14

do not buy from ebay.it is a fraud company with fake sellers.Buy on it and regret.The seller wont allow returns or exchange and they demand images and videosof the product.they are just trying to sell their goods.Quality is poor.and ebay also does not verify the sellers identity before making them elgible.Very poor service .Worst website .- Beware

amys60
9/30/14

rtr_promotionals sells altered NASCAR diecast car collectibles. Violates copyright, trademark, licensing. One car in particular is listed as 2008 Rookie #96 Logano DLP/HDTV raced at Kansas diecast which is purely fake & absolutely not worth anything. It is simply a J. J. Yeley diecast which had Yeley's name above the door removed & a Joey Logano water-transfer decal placed above. Yes, the seller lists it as a 'custom', but in reality, it is a very cheaply modified diecast and it was not authorized or licensed by Joey Logano, NASCAR, or Checkered Flag Sports. It is also NOT the version DLP car that was raced at Kansas. The #96 car that was raced in Kansas in 2008 (Race #29, September 28, 2008) was a DLP/HDTV/NEBRASKA FURNITURE sponsored car. The real car had NEBRASKA FURNITURE on the rear deck & rear quarters (anyone can do a search for 96 logano Kansas 2008 will see 'furniture mart' on the rear quarter). Attached is a communication from the manufacturer of the diecast regarding the authenticity of the diecast. Also attached is a photo of the cheap modification (water-transfer decal) which in reality violates copyright, trademark, licensing.

Tip for consumers: If you don't mind paying a lot of money for an item that is absolutely worthless in the collector's world, go ahead and buy things from rtr_promotionals.

dwightw9
9/29/14

" YES IT DOES NOT GET WORSE THAN THIS STAY AWAY" BEEN A SELLER ON EBAY FOR OVER A DECADE !!! CLOSED MY ACCOUNT DUE TO THE "BUYER PROTECTION" POLICY. Just like CSI (customer satisfaction index) in the automotive field the buyer now has the seller by the short hairs and knows it !!!

NO matter how honest & detailed your description is, volume of pictures showing defects with notes, and EVEN under grading your product.... YOU still get bashed with NO recourse !!! AND to make matter even MUCH worse this year I saw a trend. I received a problem with a slow buyer not paying and gave him some slack to pay, when he received the item and did not like it (I always offer a 100% Money back guarantee) he refused to return it, got his money back from EBAY and slammed ME. Soon after it was a domino effect on all my items, thus shut me down from selling.

Anyone out there who would like to refine Ebay's business model to conform to todays seller's market ??? Count ME in !!!

luisc18
9/26/14

I have been a buyer on e bay for many years with no problems, until now! on my last purchase the seller sent me the wrong item which they admit to it. I had to open a case with e bay! e bay told me that their decision was for me to send the item back, but that I had to pay for the shipping cost $80! I was shocked with that decision! I will avoid e bay as much as I can from now on!

daved39
9/23/14

Stay away for EBay as for they take your money for USPS problems and give the product and the refund to the costumer. over 5000 happy costumers but 3 bad reviews and they put you on a bad sellers list. Very unfair to the Seller. and no way to leave a negative for the customer,

joea55
9/22/14

You would think they are communists. Ebay is NOT seller friendly. You can make money on eBay to be sure, but the amount of stress they put on you with constant rule changes, and completely un-achievable requirements is ridiculous. I have 99.5% positive feedback on eBay and have paid over 1-million dollars in seller fees. Yet they still treat me like they could careless about my business. In fact, they routinely threaten to kick me off eBay altogether. The amount of stress they cause far exceeds the amount money you can make. When you try to explain what it is that they are doing to make your life a living hell, they could careless. It is like talking to a clerk at the DMV. They simply do not value their sellers and treat them like crap.

Tip for consumers: If somebody comes out with a seller friendly site that can actually deliver the volume of sales eBay does...I and their other sellers will jump ship in a heart beat. Any loyalty we had for them, they burned by abusing us.

chaon
9/18/14

I have dealt with ebay ony 3 times. The 1st time, I was not delivered an item on COD saying that my area doesnot fall under the COD whereas I received mails from ebay promoting COD. I almost forgot the issue but I had to forward the case to the ebay consumer court, which seemed to favor ebay.

The 2nd time, last month, I bought an Antivirus (Bitdefender) but the License key was already in use, which I confirmed from Bitdefender. I raised a Guarantee Claim and I agreed to accept EBay coupon like a FOOL.

Lastly, recently, I was surfing for some products and come across Night Vision Goggles. The Seller sent me an ordinary white goggles, worth 50-100 bucks in the local market. I had to raise Guarantee Claim again, which is being refunded no, ofcourse not in the form of ebay coupons.

Overall, my feedback is completely negative and my last transaction with ebay.

Tip for consumers: Be Careful in your online purchase.
Take time to acknowledge the receipt of the product.
Provide your feedback only after you are satisfied with your product.

candices6
9/18/14

Great site!

Will guarantee money back, but please watch out for sellers who evidently price something low, to run with your money, even through eBay had managed to get my money back, some of my friends weren't successful enough.

Tip for consumers: please review trusted sellers.

do not trust anyone even if they have great feedback, probably accumulated feedback by the owner itself, or by selling cheaper items.

renatas2
9/15/14

I used to sell and buy on ebay quite a bit and it was great, however, I've stopped selling due to the terminal fear of the monopoly the buyer now has on the seller, with the seller having no recourse since the time ebay stopped allowing buyers to leave negative reviews for sellers, I mean what's with that? As a buyer I then had a couple of experiences where I bought some items (usually the higher end stuff of course) that the seller would take forever to deliver. They were in fact stalling me till the time i could no longer lodge a dispute, I wised up to this pretty quickly, however, eBay just washed their hands as "it was out of the alloted time to lodge a dispute", yeah well no wonder you are making 10% on all purchases regardless of whether they get delivered or not.
So I washed my hands too, I now sell and buy on Quicksales and guess what? NO FEES!!! ta ta ebay.

shirliew
9/14/14

I love shopping on eBay. I have had a couple bad experiences from sellers but ebay quickly settled each case that I opened in my favor. I feel confident shopping on eBay because they have an awesome return policy and have handled every one of my disputes quickly and professionally.

debbied17
9/12/14

Ebay no longer wants small sellers. Ebay's new return policy requires sellers to pay for return shipping. This new policy has encouraged buyer scammers and small sellers can no longer make any money on Ebay. Ebays says the buyer is always right. In addition Ebay's traffic is very slow right now. Where can we go to make money? Who wants some really hard working sellers that just want to feed our kids?

Tip for consumers: Small sellers stay way from ebay unless you like to work for free.

joyl12
9/8/14

I have been a member since 1997 and had 596 transactions. Once I did not receive my purchase and this was in the days before the protections we now have. Quality has been an issue a few times, but to me it was just a case of "buyer beware" because I made assumptions. I have received many items from China. They offer free shipping and it costs $30 to ship from US. You do the math!
I never do my feedback until I receive the package . On the whole I am happy with eBay and hope to do transactions for another 17 years.

Tip for consumers: Read the description. Often what is not there is as important as what it there. Pet free means just that! Don't expect it to be smoke free unless it specifies.

abdullahm8
9/6/14

DO NOT USE EBAY IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY. EBAY IS FULL OF BULL$#*! PPL AND EBAY COSTUMER SERVICE SUCKS. THEY BLOCK YOUR ACCOUNT IF YOU ASK THEM GOOD QUESTION. THEY STOLE 200 $ FROM ME. EBAY SUCKS DO NOT USE IF YOU DON'T WANT TO LOSE MONEY.

gregr20
9/3/14

For what this site does it is probably as good as possible. It brings millions of sellers together with millions of buyers. This naturally creates a lot of potential problems and ebay handles this as good as I can imagine. The feedback on a seller/buyer is the key. For a seller with anything less than 100's of reviews or less than 98% positive feedback simply stay away.

Tip for consumers: Read the posting very carefully, there are unscrupulous looking to take advantage of the unwary. Ebay's feedback system and their user protections do a good job of screening the unethical, but nothing is perfect. Use care, intelligence and gut feelings and its a great place to shop.

beverlyr13
8/31/14

I CANT STAND EBAY THEY ARE RIGHT UP THERE WITH EXPEDIA MUST BE THE SAME INCOMPETE IDIOTS RUNNING THIS SITE THEY CHARGE YOU FEES EVEN AFTER BEING TOLD THERE WILL BE NO FEES. I PUT A RESERVE PRICE ON MY ITEM BUT THEY DID NOT HONOR THAT AND TOLD ME TO TAKE MY LISTING DOWN EVEN THOUGH BIDS WERE PLACED. I SAID THEN I WOULD LOOK LIKE A SCAM BUT THEY ARE THE SCAMMERS. SELL ANYWHERE BUT HERE...

Tip for consumers: RUN AWAY DONT USE THIS SITE

jackiej14
8/30/14

Ebay leaves customer support in the hands some some ignorant non-English speaking, rude females! I have had a complaint twice, yet I cannot explain a thing when I am speaking to these idiot women Ebay hires who barely understand English PLUS have little knowledge to understand much of anything going on at Ebay! They can only understand ONE concept at a time and hardly that little bit of information! I felt like I was talking to a foreigner who was 3-years old! I won't do business with Ebay again, either with buying OR selling!

Tip for consumers: Ask for someone who can speak English and who can understand more than one concept at a time.

colinf13
8/24/14

I won an item on ebay and the seller refused to send the item because she feels she did not get the price she wanted. Seller did not refund me and relisted the item. I called ebay, supervisor kristina, on the current relisted item that I already paid for, but ebay would not cancel the relisted active item even after the seller told ebay via email that she will not send because she feels the item was worth more. ebay said i have to contact paypal to get a refund myself... NICE

ebay sucks and worthless

Tip for consumers: Dont expect much if seller refuse to send the item and dont expect ebay to help you

kayh19
8/23/14

I am a seller & a buyer. Selling is terrible now with eBay's new policies that give you a defect that horribly and unfairly affects your status when the buyer has made the mistake or the shipper has made the mistake. No matter how blatantly clear the facts are that the seller did everything right eBay still blames the seller. It has made me go elsewhere to buy because the website has become completely rogue. I have over 1,000,000 items listed on eBay that will not be relisted when the present listing durations are up. Closing my store before 9/15/2014 when another rogue policy is set to begin. It's very sad that greedy eBay executives now favor fake fraudulent items from China to flood the site.

ianb55
8/23/14

Bought a road legal buggy of eBay had it transported it was not as described things were taken off it. started but did not run and allot more rust than stated so we contacted eBay and opened a dispute and eBay favoured the seller we were told to take them to small claims court eBay was not interested and to top the lot had to contact DVLA AS THE LOGBOOK DETAILS WAS ALSO INCORRECT
it seems as though they favour whoever brings in higher fees
Suzuki-power

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

tail8
8/20/14

DO NOT USE EBAY!!! I've recently tried selling a product over this site and my product ended up being sold to a fraudulent user. I payed for shipping and interception fees but when I called ebay for compensation they did nothing. Their site is nothing but a front for theft and fraud all while they do nothing to help you afterwards.

Tip for consumers: My tip? Don't use ebay as it's been the worst experience with customer support in a very long time.

alexism25
8/20/14

I've been buying on ebay for years now. There certainly have been a few bad experiences during that time, but ebay really does stand by their "buyer protection" policy. All in all, even with the bad experiences taken into account, I still love this site and shop here all the time. The amazing deals and items that I've found on here far out way the few bad transactions that I've had.

I love ebay!

thomasn22
8/19/14

Beware Ebay money back warranty program is a scam. The customer service department would render a decision on their favor or find excuses not to honor it.

staceyc22
8/19/14

DO NOT buy from Seller "qycharge". He did not send the item purchased (ladies blouse) and did not give me a refund. He emailed me apologizing and begging not to write a negative review until I was no longer able to write a review because of time restraints. Terrible seller, DO NOT TRUST!! Ebay also did not help me with the situation because it was apparently too late, and they said they cannot monitor all of their sellers.

Tip for consumers: This seller had a high rating and this still occurred. He tricked me into not writing a review until the time period expired to write a review. Buyers BEWARE!!

tuyenc
8/18/14

Beware purchase from dishonest seller from eBay, I mistakenly purchase a wrong item from eBay. I contacted the seller torokitchen request for a return and offers to pay for his shipping costs, twice, the seller never response my mail, I opened a case request a refund due to seller not respond. Ebay ask me to wait for 7 days, and they shall make a decision. After 7 days. They decided since I commit to the purchase, therefore, the case is close. They don't care if you make a wrong order or not, once you click. You have to commit to the purchase. I feel that was not a fair decision, so I wrote a negative reviews for the seller torokitchen, ebay delete my review and inform me the case was closed and a negative reviews is not accepted. That is violated freedom of speech. I had spent more than $10,000 on ebay purchase. Now I couldn't trust ebay no more. They can delete my review on their website, but can't delete my review beyond their website, and cannot stop me from speak up.

Tip for consumers: Read carefully what you click. Not easy to return

staceym22
8/18/14

I don't use eBay anymore koz paypal has made me mad. As paypal has a tendency to just freeze accounts and not return the customer money even though we demand it.

dennish33
8/14/14

Ebay will never favor sellers and it is not a very fair site to sell on.
Buyers can and so (I know) claim an item is not as advertised. If you offer full refund including return shipping and they say no and continue their claim to ebay they DO AND WILL get to keep the item and receive a full refund from ebay.
Ebay will tell the seller that the buyer is returning the item but that is an out right lie.

If you appeal ebay will do absolutely nothing.
This happened to me again last week and no response from ebay after reporting the buyer and trying to appeal his claim.
Ebay is not bad most of the time but is not seller friendly so BEWARE.

dwhall12

acem13
8/13/14

ebay allows suppliers to extort your money by making you first put in a positive feedback even when not receiving the product and having used the buyers money before agreeing to a refund that's why there system is broke, the feedback scale is skewed, slanted towards there partners in crime.
Destination on description are not real and products can be shipped from countries that have very poor customer service relation and know how to extort and get around ebay policies.

timb62
8/12/14

I have eagerly awaited my sons drum set, and it finally came today. Not at all what I expected, no where near the same set I ordered. They said it was for a junior and even adult, way off. My neighbors 5 year old towered over it. Supposed to be wood drum cylinders, but its all plastic. The company is called City Green and they sell tons of different products thru ebay and amazon, but I cant nail down a web site for them because they email me from all sorts of different email addresses. Saw some bad reviews on them claiming fraudulent practices. Someone from the company made a reply to the accusations by saying all the consumer issues were due to the race of the co. That seems ridiculous to me. Does anyone have any info on this merchandise co. called City Green? (not the landscape co) The few reviews I could find said they use alias names to sell on ebay and Amazon, so they are hard to nail down. Well, hope I don't get stuck with this toy. Just for the record, I read the specs like 5 times and emailed them to make sure of what I was getting. They assured med it was right for my 13 year old. The add for the drum set is still on ebay right now.

honaib
8/12/14

Be careful with eBay, most of the product are damaged or used otherwise you can get that stuff cheaper in other sites, also my credit card is hacked, eBay or seller are not responsible for your personal details.....

tomc63
8/12/14

Ebay listens to you and refunds with no hassle unlike Aliexpress (DONT BUY HERE AVOID THE FRUSTRATION)

shopl2
8/11/14

I feel stupid because I did not research the claim process long enough before buying with Ebay.

I bought a new soldering iron from South Korea and it worked for only two minutes and it blew up. Ebay is full of cheap from China stuff that don’t last.

Ebay offer no warranty against manufacture defect and no customer support. Don't buy anything that required electricity or is complex.

I opened a claims. Because I did not have a Paypal account at the time of the transaction I could not see the status of my claims on their resolution internet page. I have to do everything by phone and email with Paypal. Paypal send me an email demanding that I take some action with an internet link and no phone number or email address for support. Paypal does not want to talk to you and hear from you.

Be aware that if you buy as a guest and you have the make a claim against the seller, you are pretty much alone. Don't use buy as guest.

Eventually I found an email address to contact PayPal. I send to PayPal a copy of the email that I exchange with my Asian seller where he says that he will send me a new item because the one I have is defective. PayPal send me back a reply saying I have to send back the item and its original box and its in original condition. Obviously the item is not its original condition because I used it, this is how I know its defective. Then I call PayPal and explain to them that the seller has lied to me and I ask them if they read the email exchange between seller and buyer. PayPal told me that they don’t read the email exchange and they find it sad that seller lies but there is nothing they can do about seller not cooperating. Basically they don’t care if the seller lies. I ask to her, what happen if I ship the good and the seller says he have not received it. Read horror stories about people return good to China for a refund.

PayPal have very big security issues. PayPal want me to return the defective item to Korea. The only problem is that the returning address provide by PayPal did not have a postal code, and does not have the seller name. PayPal gives me a false return address. I am going to demand a credit card changer back. My case against Paypal will be easy to make because, first I have the email exchange that proves that the seller lied and second, the return postal address is incorrect. PayPal does not run any security check on their Asian seller. PayPal don’t check if is the postal code of Asian seller is accurate. Don't use PayPal and Ebay because they have big security problems There is no buyer protection on Ebay.

Google credit card charge back and kept email exchange with seller and PalPay. Raise a credit charge back right away. Paypal hate credit charge back because it is extra processing and because it given them a bad reputation with the credit card company. If your claims is valid and you can make valid
argument go with the credit card charge back. Credit charge back will probably kill PalPay. Before demanding a credit card charge back, make sure that you
close your PayPal account (if you have one) because PayPal will take money directly from you bank account to cover for the cost of credit card charge back.

My conclusion is that eBay has lost a lot of customer and seller because of bad practice. Now they have decide to scam people using Chinese seller. First they export all the job to China, now they are using the Chinese to scam us. So the buyer protection is really rigid and is made to protect Asia seller. This is why they remove negative feedback and they are closing US account. Nobody is going to sue a Chinese seller. Ebay is now a scam organization using Chinese seller. I think that there is no buyer protection program or seller protection program, except for big Chinese warehouse selling Chinese crap to defraud people. When you business model is based on fraud, it means that you are dying. If I were a seller or buyer, I will stop using Ebay at all, except for Chinese seller.

Shipping back defective item should be the responsibility of the seller. This way, it forces the seller to sell quality products (not cheap junk) and reduce the number of scammers.The return policy is designed so that you pay the shipping fee. Paying return shipping feed for a none expensive item don’t make sense. This is where eBay and the seller make money. By selling cheap china junk that don’t last and demanding that you pay shipping fees for the return of a defective item.

nancyb48
8/10/14

A great starting point for online shopping but just be aware of the dodgy sellers out there flogging fake merchandise. if its too good to be true - its a fake, no if's or but's.

lillyo1
8/10/14

Ebay isn't what it used to be. I was an Ebay lover...buying and selling all the time...now I prefer to buy only for a while..selling has turned out to be more paying, more charges...more invoices...and shipping costs that usually there is nothing left. I found this local site called Bookoo.com that is all over US...Im definitely checking it out.

lei317
8/7/14

I give ebay a 4 stars because I am primarily a buyer and about 95% of my purchases turned out to be suitable. IF they are not, I can usually work it out with the seller without filing a complaint. There was only one abusive seller who wrote abusive emails.
As a seller, ebay only gets two stars. I have very limited experience selling on line but my experience selling on ebay is only 50% good. And most of what I sell on ebay are itms I purchased on ebay.
The first time, ebay removed a product from the listing after only one bid and the product reappeared one hour before bidding was over. Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. Thankfully, the buyer understood.
A second time, ebay restricted my account so I could not access my account at all. When I reached customer service (2 days), I was told that there was no reason for it so they re-instituted it.
A third time, ebay removed one listing saying I violated MC999 policy after there were already bids on the item. However, I did not violate the policy. I was told that I would be provided information on how to provide proof by a lady named Gel but never got the info. I called 4 days later and finally received the info. It is terrible that a specialist can act first without giving the seller a chance to show that their suspicion was incorrect. What was worse was that there were at least 30 other similar items being sold on ebay and some of them were counterfeit.
Fourthly, if you are not a top rated seller, your listing appears at the very bottom of a long list. Sometimes, you cannot even find your listing at all. I have searched my listing using the lowest or highest price function. In both searches, my item appeared at the bottom of the list even though it was not the highest or the lowest priced. For some of what I offer, my items never appear on any searches. Therefore, I think ebay searches are somehow set up to favor their Top rate plus sellers, the ones who garner ebay the most money.
Lastly, a buyer filed a not as described complaint. I wss willing to give a full refund AFTER the buyer returned the product. Ebay provided a continue button for me to proceed with my response stating that the continue button signifies that I was willing to give a refund. However, ebay did not indicate that clicking the button meant instantaneous refund. So now I am out the money and restitution is dependent on the honesty of the buyer.
All of the above happened in my 4 month experience as a seller, I wrote the CEO, John Donahoe, who never responded. I guess the buck does not stop with ebay's CEO.
When I had problems with several online purchases at Home Depot and wrote the CEO, I got an email back within 12 hours. A specialist was assigned to help me and all my issues were resolved in one week. Home Depot's CEO does take full responsibility for that reason Home Depot will always get my business first as long as the value us there.

2 Photos for eBay