US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.4083767400
hostmaster@ebay.com

384 Reviews for eBay

Review Highlights

been using it for almost 10 years now with absolutely no problems.

If they can find a way to charge you a fee for it, they will.

Ebay is by far the best auction site for many items on the web.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/31/14

I CANT STAND EBAY THEY ARE RIGHT UP THERE WITH EXPEDIA MUST BE THE SAME INCOMPETE IDIOTS RUNNING THIS SITE THEY CHARGE YOU FEES EVEN AFTER BEING TOLD THERE WILL BE NO FEES. I PUT A RESERVE PRICE ON MY ITEM BUT THEY DID NOT HONOR THAT AND TOLD ME TO TAKE MY LISTING DOWN EVEN THOUGH BIDS WERE PLACED. I SAID THEN I WOULD LOOK LIKE A SCAM BUT THEY ARE THE SCAMMERS. SELL ANYWHERE BUT HERE...

Tip for consumers: RUN AWAY DONT USE THIS SITE

8/30/14

Ebay leaves customer support in the hands some some ignorant non-English speaking, rude females! I have had a complaint twice, yet I cannot explain a thing when I am speaking to these idiot women Ebay hires who barely understand English PLUS have little knowledge to understand much of anything going on at Ebay! They can only understand ONE concept at a time and hardly that little bit of information! I felt like I was talking to a foreigner who was 3-years old! I won't do business with Ebay again, either with buying OR selling!

Tip for consumers: Ask for someone who can speak English and who can understand more than one concept at a time.

8/24/14

I won an item on ebay and the seller refused to send the item because she feels she did not get the price she wanted. Seller did not refund me and relisted the item. I called ebay, supervisor kristina, on the current relisted item that I already paid for, but ebay would not cancel the relisted active item even after the seller told ebay via email that she will not send because she feels the item was worth more. ebay said i have to contact paypal to get a refund myself... NICE

ebay sucks and worthless

Tip for consumers: Dont expect much if seller refuse to send the item and dont expect ebay to help you

8/23/14

I am a seller & a buyer. Selling is terrible now with eBay's new policies that give you a defect that horribly and unfairly affects your status when the buyer has made the mistake or the shipper has made the mistake. No matter how blatantly clear the facts are that the seller did everything right eBay still blames the seller. It has made me go elsewhere to buy because the website has become completely rogue. I have over 1,000,000 items listed on eBay that will not be relisted when the present listing durations are up. Closing my store before 9/15/2014 when another rogue policy is set to begin. It's very sad that greedy eBay executives now favor fake fraudulent items from China to flood the site.

8/23/14

Bought a road legal buggy of eBay had it transported it was not as described things were taken off it. started but did not run and allot more rust than stated so we contacted eBay and opened a dispute and eBay favoured the seller we were told to take them to small claims court eBay was not interested and to top the lot had to contact DVLA AS THE LOGBOOK DETAILS WAS ALSO INCORRECT
it seems as though they favour whoever brings in higher fees
Suzuki-power

Tip for consumers: DO NOT USE

8/20/14

DO NOT USE EBAY!!! I've recently tried selling a product over this site and my product ended up being sold to a fraudulent user. I payed for shipping and interception fees but when I called ebay for compensation they did nothing. Their site is nothing but a front for theft and fraud all while they do nothing to help you afterwards.

Tip for consumers: My tip? Don't use ebay as it's been the worst experience with customer support in a very long time.

8/20/14

I've been buying on ebay for years now. There certainly have been a few bad experiences during that time, but ebay really does stand by their "buyer protection" policy. All in all, even with the bad experiences taken into account, I still love this site and shop here all the time. The amazing deals and items that I've found on here far out way the few bad transactions that I've had.

I love ebay!

8/19/14

Beware Ebay money back warranty program is a scam. The customer service department would render a decision on their favor or find excuses not to honor it.

8/19/14

DO NOT buy from Seller "qycharge". He did not send the item purchased (ladies blouse) and did not give me a refund. He emailed me apologizing and begging not to write a negative review until I was no longer able to write a review because of time restraints. Terrible seller, DO NOT TRUST!! Ebay also did not help me with the situation because it was apparently too late, and they said they cannot monitor all of their sellers.

Tip for consumers: This seller had a high rating and this still occurred. He tricked me into not writing a review until the time period expired to write a review. Buyers BEWARE!!

8/18/14

Beware purchase from dishonest seller from eBay, I mistakenly purchase a wrong item from eBay. I contacted the seller torokitchen request for a return and offers to pay for his shipping costs, twice, the seller never response my mail, I opened a case request a refund due to seller not respond. Ebay ask me to wait for 7 days, and they shall make a decision. After 7 days. They decided since I commit to the purchase, therefore, the case is close. They don't care if you make a wrong order or not, once you click. You have to commit to the purchase. I feel that was not a fair decision, so I wrote a negative reviews for the seller torokitchen, ebay delete my review and inform me the case was closed and a negative reviews is not accepted. That is violated freedom of speech. I had spent more than $10,000 on ebay purchase. Now I couldn't trust ebay no more. They can delete my review on their website, but can't delete my review beyond their website, and cannot stop me from speak up.

Tip for consumers: Read carefully what you click. Not easy to return

8/18/14

I don't use eBay anymore koz paypal has made me mad. As paypal has a tendency to just freeze accounts and not return the customer money even though we demand it.

8/14/14

Ebay will never favor sellers and it is not a very fair site to sell on.
Buyers can and so (I know) claim an item is not as advertised. If you offer full refund including return shipping and they say no and continue their claim to ebay they DO AND WILL get to keep the item and receive a full refund from ebay.
Ebay will tell the seller that the buyer is returning the item but that is an out right lie.

If you appeal ebay will do absolutely nothing.
This happened to me again last week and no response from ebay after reporting the buyer and trying to appeal his claim.
Ebay is not bad most of the time but is not seller friendly so BEWARE.

dwhall12

8/13/14

ebay allows suppliers to extort your money by making you first put in a positive feedback even when not receiving the product and having used the buyers money before agreeing to a refund that's why there system is broke, the feedback scale is skewed, slanted towards there partners in crime.
Destination on description are not real and products can be shipped from countries that have very poor customer service relation and know how to extort and get around ebay policies.

8/12/14

I have eagerly awaited my sons drum set, and it finally came today. Not at all what I expected, no where near the same set I ordered. They said it was for a junior and even adult, way off. My neighbors 5 year old towered over it. Supposed to be wood drum cylinders, but its all plastic. The company is called City Green and they sell tons of different products thru ebay and amazon, but I cant nail down a web site for them because they email me from all sorts of different email addresses. Saw some bad reviews on them claiming fraudulent practices. Someone from the company made a reply to the accusations by saying all the consumer issues were due to the race of the co. That seems ridiculous to me. Does anyone have any info on this merchandise co. called City Green? (not the landscape co) The few reviews I could find said they use alias names to sell on ebay and Amazon, so they are hard to nail down. Well, hope I don't get stuck with this toy. Just for the record, I read the specs like 5 times and emailed them to make sure of what I was getting. They assured med it was right for my 13 year old. The add for the drum set is still on ebay right now.

8/12/14

Be careful with eBay, most of the product are damaged or used otherwise you can get that stuff cheaper in other sites, also my credit card is hacked, eBay or seller are not responsible for your personal details.....

8/12/14

Ebay listens to you and refunds with no hassle unlike Aliexpress (DONT BUY HERE AVOID THE FRUSTRATION)

8/11/14

I feel stupid because I did not research the claim process long enough before buying with Ebay.

I bought a new soldering iron from South Korea and it worked for only two minutes and it blew up. Ebay is full of cheap from China stuff that don’t last.

Ebay offer no warranty against manufacture defect and no customer support. Don't buy anything that required electricity or is complex.

I opened a claims. Because I did not have a Paypal account at the time of the transaction I could not see the status of my claims on their resolution internet page. I have to do everything by phone and email with Paypal. Paypal send me an email demanding that I take some action with an internet link and no phone number or email address for support. Paypal does not want to talk to you and hear from you.

Be aware that if you buy as a guest and you have the make a claim against the seller, you are pretty much alone. Don't use buy as guest.

Eventually I found an email address to contact PayPal. I send to PayPal a copy of the email that I exchange with my Asian seller where he says that he will send me a new item because the one I have is defective. PayPal send me back a reply saying I have to send back the item and its original box and its in original condition. Obviously the item is not its original condition because I used it, this is how I know its defective. Then I call PayPal and explain to them that the seller has lied to me and I ask them if they read the email exchange between seller and buyer. PayPal told me that they don’t read the email exchange and they find it sad that seller lies but there is nothing they can do about seller not cooperating. Basically they don’t care if the seller lies. I ask to her, what happen if I ship the good and the seller says he have not received it. Read horror stories about people return good to China for a refund.

PayPal have very big security issues. PayPal want me to return the defective item to Korea. The only problem is that the returning address provide by PayPal did not have a postal code, and does not have the seller name. PayPal gives me a false return address. I am going to demand a credit card changer back. My case against Paypal will be easy to make because, first I have the email exchange that proves that the seller lied and second, the return postal address is incorrect. PayPal does not run any security check on their Asian seller. PayPal don’t check if is the postal code of Asian seller is accurate. Don't use PayPal and Ebay because they have big security problems There is no buyer protection on Ebay.

Google credit card charge back and kept email exchange with seller and PalPay. Raise a credit charge back right away. Paypal hate credit charge back because it is extra processing and because it given them a bad reputation with the credit card company. If your claims is valid and you can make valid
argument go with the credit card charge back. Credit charge back will probably kill PalPay. Before demanding a credit card charge back, make sure that you
close your PayPal account (if you have one) because PayPal will take money directly from you bank account to cover for the cost of credit card charge back.

My conclusion is that eBay has lost a lot of customer and seller because of bad practice. Now they have decide to scam people using Chinese seller. First they export all the job to China, now they are using the Chinese to scam us. So the buyer protection is really rigid and is made to protect Asia seller. This is why they remove negative feedback and they are closing US account. Nobody is going to sue a Chinese seller. Ebay is now a scam organization using Chinese seller. I think that there is no buyer protection program or seller protection program, except for big Chinese warehouse selling Chinese crap to defraud people. When you business model is based on fraud, it means that you are dying. If I were a seller or buyer, I will stop using Ebay at all, except for Chinese seller.

Shipping back defective item should be the responsibility of the seller. This way, it forces the seller to sell quality products (not cheap junk) and reduce the number of scammers.The return policy is designed so that you pay the shipping fee. Paying return shipping feed for a none expensive item don’t make sense. This is where eBay and the seller make money. By selling cheap china junk that don’t last and demanding that you pay shipping fees for the return of a defective item.

8/10/14

A great starting point for online shopping but just be aware of the dodgy sellers out there flogging fake merchandise. if its too good to be true - its a fake, no if's or but's.

8/10/14

Ebay isn't what it used to be. I was an Ebay lover...buying and selling all the time...now I prefer to buy only for a while..selling has turned out to be more paying, more charges...more invoices...and shipping costs that usually there is nothing left. I found this local site called Bookoo.com that is all over US...Im definitely checking it out.

8/7/14

I give ebay a 4 stars because I am primarily a buyer and about 95% of my purchases turned out to be suitable. IF they are not, I can usually work it out with the seller without filing a complaint. There was only one abusive seller who wrote abusive emails.
As a seller, ebay only gets two stars. I have very limited experience selling on line but my experience selling on ebay is only 50% good. And most of what I sell on ebay are itms I purchased on ebay.
The first time, ebay removed a product from the listing after only one bid and the product reappeared one hour before bidding was over. Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. Thankfully, the buyer understood.
A second time, ebay restricted my account so I could not access my account at all. When I reached customer service (2 days), I was told that there was no reason for it so they re-instituted it.
A third time, ebay removed one listing saying I violated MC999 policy after there were already bids on the item. However, I did not violate the policy. I was told that I would be provided information on how to provide proof by a lady named Gel but never got the info. I called 4 days later and finally received the info. It is terrible that a specialist can act first without giving the seller a chance to show that their suspicion was incorrect. What was worse was that there were at least 30 other similar items being sold on ebay and some of them were counterfeit.
Fourthly, if you are not a top rated seller, your listing appears at the very bottom of a long list. Sometimes, you cannot even find your listing at all. I have searched my listing using the lowest or highest price function. In both searches, my item appeared at the bottom of the list even though it was not the highest or the lowest priced. For some of what I offer, my items never appear on any searches. Therefore, I think ebay searches are somehow set up to favor their Top rate plus sellers, the ones who garner ebay the most money.
Lastly, a buyer filed a not as described complaint. I wss willing to give a full refund AFTER the buyer returned the product. Ebay provided a continue button for me to proceed with my response stating that the continue button signifies that I was willing to give a refund. However, ebay did not indicate that clicking the button meant instantaneous refund. So now I am out the money and restitution is dependent on the honesty of the buyer.
All of the above happened in my 4 month experience as a seller, I wrote the CEO, John Donahoe, who never responded. I guess the buck does not stop with ebay's CEO.
When I had problems with several online purchases at Home Depot and wrote the CEO, I got an email back within 12 hours. A specialist was assigned to help me and all my issues were resolved in one week. Home Depot's CEO does take full responsibility for that reason Home Depot will always get my business first as long as the value us there.

8/6/14

Its horrible but if you know how it works it has some advantages. Actually one advantage and that is it gets traffic.
The reason i say its horrible is if your a seller. The way the feedback system works is unequal. So buyers can say lies or anything and your rating goes down and you cant sell as much. I had people leave feedback by mistake, and for goods they didn't even pay for. One girl blamed me in feedback for being too fat. Stupid silly feedback. But its real and it affects professional people trying to make a living. for buyers its great because they know they can leave sellers neg feedback and sellers cant leave them the same. so they try and extort it for all its worth. This is in my opinion. Im a top rated seller

8/5/14

Competitors will pay bidders to submit bad reviews to eliminate competition and restrict new sellers from obtaining a higher selling limit or worse ban from selling. Sellers that sale restricted items on a large scale does not have their items removed when reported, but the little guys will get their listings removed. Beware ebay will issue a refund customers without seller consent whenever they file a complaint even though the terms are clear stated that purchase is not refundable. J

7/30/14

This site has most of what Tophatter has, but with less fees. I am a buyer on the site. The customer service was outstanding and positive improvements contiue to come. Love the items, Love the prices, Love the experience!

7/29/14

In ebay, i have ordered Samsung galaxy S5 and other 4 addition accessories for Samsung galaxy S5. i have received the 4 accessories after some delay but important item Samsung galaxy S5 is not shipped. i have called the customer service and ask about the status. And their response was shipment is ready courier person should pickup the shipment. i wrote an email to seller in ebay, his responded was "you will receive the product with in ebay timeline". and meanwhile, ebay paisepay refund was intimated and waiting for approval. it was so confusing, what is happening with shipment and what will i do with accessorize with main item the smartphone. it is big new sense to order to ebay. Please be careful. Customer support is worst and they read out what is their on screen which is also available in ebay site (if you login). i checked where the seller is from. it was from chennai and i - the buyer is also from chennai. how much time frame is required to ship the item. i am not sure what amount will be credit to my account.

7/27/14

I have been selling successfully on Ebay for 17 months.

I achieved TOP seller status.

Several buyers put complaints to me for late shipping.

Several of these buyers paid late but Ebay stupidly put an underachievement rating on me

and prevented me from selling silver bullion, my main sales.

I have an achievement certificate from their CEO.

What kind of a company is Ebay? I have complained to them and they havent responded in

a sensible way.

7/23/14

I've just wasted my money on buying from ebay! This is my first time buying with ebay and experience a worst service! I purchased a seat cover and paid also for the delivery charges but I did not receive the item and my payment will not be refunded nor my item will not be delivered. As it is my first time buying from ebay, I had input all my details and address, I don't know that PO box is required coz normally if PO box is crucial information the details will not be saved unless you input something on the PO box. So, my order was completed without me entering PO box no. After more than a month, my order came but custom returned back without calling me because there is no PO BOX. I sent several mails to seller but no reply from the seller's side. I then escalated the case to customer support but got the worst support.Customer support said since I did not put PO box I will not get my payment and my order. Now I realized I've been fooled PAYING BOTH FOR ITEMS AND DELIVERY but got nothing!!!

7/22/14

eBay is the reason I learned to use a computer in the first place. I had no interest what so ever until I discovered their site and for that I should thank them. With that said....

I still buy / sell there but they aint what they used to be. Once they changed the feedback rules a few years ago (sellers cannot leave negative feedback for crappy, scamming buyers) it all went downhill from there. Customer service is non-existent for the seller and the fees have gone through the roof. Unless you are a drop shipper, wholesaler or live in China, it really isn't worth the effort anymore.

7/20/14

I have been a loyal Ebay Member and Shopper of Ebay.com since 10/15/12 and not once have I had a single problem there. I really love this site. All the purchases I have made there have been prompt, quick, speedy and fast for both me as a buyer and the sellers of the Ebay stores I shop at. I mainly collect Halloween Costumes, also I collect Antique, Gold, Silver and Bronze British and Irish Coins, Gold British Banknotes and Bars no matter what size and shape they are. I have already managed to buy a brand new addition for my beautiful growing coin collection and will continue collecting these beautiful items located on Ebay. Ebay is a very awesome site and I hope it stays up for a very long time :). Ebay and the Ebay Team you guys rock!

7/15/14

**PLEASE READ**
If you are a buyer, eBay.com is a wonderful, cheap site to do your shopping and is very reliable. It is filled with many distributors that sell their products much cheaper than what you would pay in a store. At least, depending who you're buying from. It's one of the few sites I'll purchase from online. And here's why:
I've purchased from eBay for years and all from different people and every time has been successful. The key to having a successful purchase is to read the ratings people have given the seller. This is shown beside the item's picture under the seller's name. If the seller is rated above 90% by many people (not just 1 or 2), you can assume it's safe to order from them.
I suggest you scroll down where there's a page full of detailed information about the product (usually in bold, colourful font). There you will see information regarding the size of the item, the materials it's made of, the average time it takes for the product to arrive in different countries, and how to contact them if there's an issue. A good seller will always encourage you to contact them if there's a problem and they will gladly fix it for you. But, you'll probably never need to contact them.
The item usually ships between 1-2 days business days after you pay for it. The seller will specify. It will take longer if you order an item that needs to be specially made. It took a little over a week for the seller to ship a costume she had designed for me. That's understandable. The item will usually arrive between the time frame the seller says. Note the "usually". It may take a few days more or a few days less. It is just an estimate. But it's usually pretty accurate. It has been for me anyways.
I hope this has been helpful for you. You can trust eBay if you buy from them.

7/6/14

I have been unble to reach anyone to help me resolve my account that I am unable to get into. You can't talk to anyone there for I am unable to buy anything and I have a perfect purchase record, so I am very very unhappy at this time!!!!!!

7/1/14

I joined EBay to sell an extra iPad I had. I listed my item and went to bed. I woke up to find out that my item had been removed and my account was permanently closed for apparent "suspicious behavior". I listed my item on amazon and sold it within a week. Thanks for nothing ebay.

7/1/14

This is a seller who claims that his item is covered to up to 1 Year from the time of purchasing it. This is a false statement from this seller after 60 days of purchase any item from him; you will be on your own. Please do not buy anything from this seller whose Id # legend973 in EBAY. He does not have any physical address he could be in NJ or China. He is running a big internet scam by selling to people broken and defective electronic equipments. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM AT ALL even he try to sell same item at a very cheap price.
In February 03, 2014 I bought "Full HD LED-86 1080P Projector 2800 Lumens Contrast 2000:1 Support 16:9 freely" from ebay - item# 400503212275 the price for this projector was $279.90. I paid trough Paypal $279.90 i paid for it at 13:53:54. I used my debit card at PAYPAL tracking number is 1ZRW54494397091711 to pay for it. The reason i decide to report that seller it is because the seller quotes ""1 year warranty from date of purchase record."" In the past several weeks i was trying to chat with the seller in a way that i get my broken projector fixed he/she was ignored me each time he wrote me he asked to go to a local shop for repair which i did and I repeated myself so many times by telling him no local shop had that cable. All the techs kept telling me this should go back to the manufacture or where it was purchased and i asked him can i have a physical address to send it back. Since June 14th 2014 i kept asking the seller for a replacement or my money back he just answered quoted "Sorry Which cable it is?" After that i called EBay and paypal they told me if the seller did not do anything after 3 days you should file an online complaint. Paypal and Ebay called the seller about the one year warranty promise. Also, they referred me to this website in order to file this complaint. At this time, Ebay and Paypal cannot do that much cause their policies are only covered an item in bet 45-90 days from the day of purchasing it. The main reason that i want report this seller he claimed that his item has covered for a period of 12 months and last time he wrote to me that after 60 days he cannot do anything for me. Now, I became a victim of the internet scam and i need my replacement and my money back from the seller. Please help me to get either the replacement or my full refund. You can also try this number as +86 13545133038. I did not stop to tell him that i am a teacher and i use this projector to teach he does seem to be cared at all. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

Jean Midy

State: NJ
Country: US
Phone: 973 922 0576

6/22/14

Beware of the "item is not as described" scam as a seller. Just stay away, trust me. EBay and PayPal will favor the buyer, even if it's a scam.

6/21/14

Member since 1997. I was a buyer but needing money, I became a seller. So far so good but the fees are killing me! I've always had 100% feedback. I just got a handbag I wanted to replace my worn out one. It was a rare discontinued bag but I was patient & instead of paying $239, I got it for $60, used twice & I believe it because it looks brand new! So far no probs. selling!
I've had to call eBay for advice over the years & they're always friendly & helpful, of course I treat them with respect! Same thing with paypal!

6/21/14

This is a complaint regarding buyer #MOTOHK12345.

I sold a Toyo Field camera on June 12, 2013 to the above mentioned buyer. He has had the camera in his possession for an entire year. Now he wants his money back. This complaint is not against ebay, it is against the buyer.

6/18/14

Everytime I have posted an item for sale, I am usually contacted within hours It is a great way to get in contact with people who you can buy/sell

6/13/14

Not only are their products bad quailty and unprofessional, their seller is EXTREMELY rude to paying customers! I was told that I am 'small minded' and 'needed to get a life', this seller's products are meant to be helping people how have mental issues, so if this is how they deal with a complaint, it shows that they don't care about their paying customers or understand what they are selling.

I think Ebay itself lets people get away with too much!

6/13/14

Im and Ebay seller. And I absolutely love this site. Only thing I dont like about it is some sellers can be dishonest about a product there selling like fake phones trying to pass it off as a real one. Be careful when purchasing high priced items! And buyers can be just as bad... ebay is more on buyer side then seller side... a buyer can be greedy and want a refund for a merch they purchased which is in perfect condition and whats described and ruin a sellers rep at a drop of a hat. and ebay gives no f@#ks. I only sale new items and i check them before i ship out just to be sure.... I re-frame from selling used items and auction i tend to stay away from also. beeee careful when selling also.

6/9/14

I recently tried out AliExpress.com This site made me realize how great Ebay is. They protect the buyer and seller. Paypal is safe means of purchasing. Go here never try Ali

6/4/14

The problem with ebay is the 10% fee. Outside of that, it's a great platform. There is a reason they have been in business for 17 years.

5/31/14

ebay is good site for buyers, but very bad for the SELLERS. too many formalities and lots of unwanted restrictions. charges on the seller is VERY, VERY HIGH. i just migrated to Amazon.com. they look more transparent and reasonable. they give much freedom to the seller and also have very good reputation than ebay. Ebay looks as if it got sold out to paypal. both of them handle things and make a lot of money. PURELY BUSENESS, JUST LIKE A BUTCHER SHOP. NO MORAL VALUES. they restrict the seller, by giving "SELLING LIMITS/ PER MONTH". They ask sellers to call them and BEG them for INCREASING THE SELLING LIMITS. they think that they are next to the Great president "Barack Obama", hence they treat the sellers low. how ever amazon has on great drawback. it will not give an opportunity to display photos of the actual products, to attract the buyers. this restriction on amazon sucks the buyers. IF AMAZON ACCEPTS THE PUBLISHING OF PHOTOS ON THEIR WEB SIT, E-BAY WILL BE NO WHERE ON THE GLOBE.

5/22/14

I was a big fan of Ebay but they were hacked this week! So, I had to go and change all of my passwords. I am going to start using Amazon to buy my items until I know that the site is more secure.

5/21/14

If you're a small seller, you're going to have a TOUGH time here. With their new guidelines for small sellers, if you do not purchase a eBay store subscription, you can say good bye to your free Fixed Listings. Ebay claims that buyers are more likely to buy with auction style listing when that is not true at all. I'm a buyer and a seller, and as a buyer, I can tell you now that I would not wait 7 days going back and forth fighting someone for an item that I could've gotten immediately, just to save a few bucks. It's not worth it. Every time I bid on auctioned items, I never end up winning the item anyway.

As both a buyer and seller, I have had very little problems selling here. 98% of my transaction were smooth. I'm kind of disappointed in this website that is supposedly the master of selling, who is willing to toss the small seller aside. I can no longer list clothes without being charged 30 cents per listing which is outrageous. Their fees and Paypal fees estimate to about 15% of your earnings and that's not including shipping, packaging and time.

Like I said, if you're a small seller, you can forget selling here unless you like 50 free auction-style listings which are a complete waste of time and only benefits the buyer (item is cheaper).

Otherwise, as a buyer, take note of these things:
1) Always read feedback (neutral + negative)
2) Do not buy from people with a rating less than 97%
3) Never purchase DSLRs unless you want no help from Cannon. Most listed for very low prices are gray-marketed items.
4) Read descriptions and return policy carefully.
5) Read shipping policy carefully.
6) ALWAYS pay with Paypal.
7) Leave reasonable feedback as a courtesy. (optional)

Again, their fees are horribly high to the point where if you want to sell a decent condition shirt for a reasonable price ($8), you'd be getting like $4 for the shirt. Their customer service is also horrible. They don't know what they are talking about and they all tell you different things. EBay's website is also not clear on what your fees are based on (more likely to rip you off and you won't even know). Their website layout is completely CONFUSING. Their listing tool is laggy. If you have a case with a scammer, they close it and steal your final value fees and don't even look into your case. Frankly, I've had enough of this website.

Ebay also HIDES your listings. What are the odds of not getting a buying for three weeks and out of nowhere, 6 people buy from you all at once on the same day, minute after one another? It's too bad Etsy is for handmade and vintage only, otherwise they'd put eBay out of business. After my last batch of items, I am never selling here again.

5/21/14

They treat the sellers HORRIBLE and also I bought a necklace from them and the seller told me the it should be there within 3 weeks. So I waited and then I message him and they said it should be on its way please wait another week. So after that week past I opened up a case and Ebay said there is nothing you can do because You reached you time of limitations for them to refund you. But I never got my Necklace!!!!!! My money was stolen and they don't care. I am very upset and angry.

5/19/14

We all know ebay owns paypal, selling things on ebay now is just not worth it, 1st off all the fees are to much, 2nd if you sell anything and buyer states wrong item than you you lose the money ebay does not look in to cases its all automated,
paypal hold on to ur cash, Do not hold your breath when trying to contact them & when you do its the having a conversation with a gold fish

5/12/14

I love ebay. They are really good. I'm a member of ebay since November 2013. I buy a lot there, and every purchase is just how they describe, the shipping cost is very reasonable, but any way be carefull with bad sellers, some of them charge to much, the good thing is that you can find another seller with the same item, but with better price. Don't be afraid, try it. Good luck bidding!

4/20/14

I have well over 500 purchases on ebay and have sold 2 items. I have only had one or two purchases that weren't completely satisfactory - better odds than I get at the grocery store. I have purchased quite a few items from Hong Kong and China and have yet to be disappointed with those purchases - as long as I'm not in a hurry. They are a good bargain store most of the time. You have to know your prices and comparison shop.

4/13/14

Horrible Horrible. Wouldn't let me sell and never gave me a reason. Customer service is completely rude and interrupt you.

4/13/14

I have been receiving occasional invites to the fairly new Coach online store located inside the Ebay web site. You do have to have an invite to get on the website, which I can't figure out. But when I have shopped on there, I have gotten really good deals on all kinds of Coach purses, cosmetic bags, wallets, key rings, lanyards, etc. etc. And they are the real deal. Most of their bags, even when heavily discounted, run about $90 and up, unless you get a swingpack purse (little tiny purse). I have purchased probably 10 handbags on there, both for myself and gifts, and only had to return two, as one was too big and one was too small. No problem with the returns, either. The quality is there, and there is a multitude of choices from sunglasses to jewelry to clothes. I have to restrain myself every time I get one of these invitations because I love my Coach handbags so much - and I want MORE! Items are paid for securely, shipped promptly from Coach, and are packed carefully, complete with the Coach care cards and the little tags that set off the alarm systems in stores if you don't get all of them out of your new Coach item! I love Coach Outlet!

4/10/14

Fees are getting too high to keep trading, amazon seems to be a better option. Such a shame as it worked really well for me a few years ago.

The Best Antiques Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber