US Government's NSF

Tel: +1.4083767400
hostmaster@ebay.com

362 Reviews for eBay

Review Highlights

been using it for almost 10 years now with absolutely no problems.

If they can find a way to charge you a fee for it, they will.

Ebay is by far the best auction site for many items on the web.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

7/23/14

I've just wasted my money on buying from ebay! This is my first time buying with ebay and experience a worst service! I purchased a seat cover and paid also for the delivery charges but I did not receive the item and my payment will not be refunded nor my item will not be delivered. As it is my first time buying from ebay, I had input all my details and address, I don't know that PO box is required coz normally if PO box is crucial information the details will not be saved unless you input something on the PO box. So, my order was completed without me entering PO box no. After more than a month, my order came but custom returned back without calling me because there is no PO BOX. I sent several mails to seller but no reply from the seller's side. I then escalated the case to customer support but got the worst support.Customer support said since I did not put PO box I will not get my payment and my order. Now I realized I've been fooled PAYING BOTH FOR ITEMS AND DELIVERY but got nothing!!!

7/22/14

eBay is the reason I learned to use a computer in the first place. I had no interest what so ever until I discovered their site and for that I should thank them. With that said....

I still buy / sell there but they aint what they used to be. Once they changed the feedback rules a few years ago (sellers cannot leave negative feedback for crappy, scamming buyers) it all went downhill from there. Customer service is non-existent for the seller and the fees have gone through the roof. Unless you are a drop shipper, wholesaler or live in China, it really isn't worth the effort anymore.

7/20/14

I have been a loyal Ebay Member and Shopper of Ebay.com since 10/15/12 and not once have I had a single problem there. I really love this site. All the purchases I have made there have been prompt, quick, speedy and fast for both me as a buyer and the sellers of the Ebay stores I shop at. I mainly collect Halloween Costumes, also I collect Antique, Gold, Silver and Bronze British and Irish Coins, Gold British Banknotes and Bars no matter what size and shape they are. I have already managed to buy a brand new addition for my beautiful growing coin collection and will continue collecting these beautiful items located on Ebay. Ebay is a very awesome site and I hope it stays up for a very long time :). Ebay and the Ebay Team you guys rock!

7/15/14

**PLEASE READ**
If you are a buyer, eBay.com is a wonderful, cheap site to do your shopping and is very reliable. It is filled with many distributors that sell their products much cheaper than what you would pay in a store. At least, depending who you're buying from. It's one of the few sites I'll purchase from online. And here's why:
I've purchased from eBay for years and all from different people and every time has been successful. The key to having a successful purchase is to read the ratings people have given the seller. This is shown beside the item's picture under the seller's name. If the seller is rated above 90% by many people (not just 1 or 2), you can assume it's safe to order from them.
I suggest you scroll down where there's a page full of detailed information about the product (usually in bold, colourful font). There you will see information regarding the size of the item, the materials it's made of, the average time it takes for the product to arrive in different countries, and how to contact them if there's an issue. A good seller will always encourage you to contact them if there's a problem and they will gladly fix it for you. But, you'll probably never need to contact them.
The item usually ships between 1-2 days business days after you pay for it. The seller will specify. It will take longer if you order an item that needs to be specially made. It took a little over a week for the seller to ship a costume she had designed for me. That's understandable. The item will usually arrive between the time frame the seller says. Note the "usually". It may take a few days more or a few days less. It is just an estimate. But it's usually pretty accurate. It has been for me anyways.
I hope this has been helpful for you. You can trust eBay if you buy from them.

7/6/14

I have been unble to reach anyone to help me resolve my account that I am unable to get into. You can't talk to anyone there for I am unable to buy anything and I have a perfect purchase record, so I am very very unhappy at this time!!!!!!

7/1/14

I joined EBay to sell an extra iPad I had. I listed my item and went to bed. I woke up to find out that my item had been removed and my account was permanently closed for apparent "suspicious behavior". I listed my item on amazon and sold it within a week. Thanks for nothing ebay.

7/1/14

This is a seller who claims that his item is covered to up to 1 Year from the time of purchasing it. This is a false statement from this seller after 60 days of purchase any item from him; you will be on your own. Please do not buy anything from this seller whose Id # legend973 in EBAY. He does not have any physical address he could be in NJ or China. He is running a big internet scam by selling to people broken and defective electronic equipments. DO NOT BUY FROM HIM AT ALL even he try to sell same item at a very cheap price.
In February 03, 2014 I bought "Full HD LED-86 1080P Projector 2800 Lumens Contrast 2000:1 Support 16:9 freely" from ebay - item# 400503212275 the price for this projector was $279.90. I paid trough Paypal $279.90 i paid for it at 13:53:54. I used my debit card at PAYPAL tracking number is 1ZRW54494397091711 to pay for it. The reason i decide to report that seller it is because the seller quotes ""1 year warranty from date of purchase record."" In the past several weeks i was trying to chat with the seller in a way that i get my broken projector fixed he/she was ignored me each time he wrote me he asked to go to a local shop for repair which i did and I repeated myself so many times by telling him no local shop had that cable. All the techs kept telling me this should go back to the manufacture or where it was purchased and i asked him can i have a physical address to send it back. Since June 14th 2014 i kept asking the seller for a replacement or my money back he just answered quoted "Sorry Which cable it is?" After that i called EBay and paypal they told me if the seller did not do anything after 3 days you should file an online complaint. Paypal and Ebay called the seller about the one year warranty promise. Also, they referred me to this website in order to file this complaint. At this time, Ebay and Paypal cannot do that much cause their policies are only covered an item in bet 45-90 days from the day of purchasing it. The main reason that i want report this seller he claimed that his item has covered for a period of 12 months and last time he wrote to me that after 60 days he cannot do anything for me. Now, I became a victim of the internet scam and i need my replacement and my money back from the seller. Please help me to get either the replacement or my full refund. You can also try this number as +86 13545133038. I did not stop to tell him that i am a teacher and i use this projector to teach he does seem to be cared at all. HELP HELP HELP PLEASE

Jean Midy

State: NJ
Country: US
Phone: 973 922 0576

6/22/14

Beware of the "item is not as described" scam as a seller. Just stay away, trust me. EBay and PayPal will favor the buyer, even if it's a scam.

6/21/14

Member since 1997. I was a buyer but needing money, I became a seller. So far so good but the fees are killing me! I've always had 100% feedback. I just got a handbag I wanted to replace my worn out one. It was a rare discontinued bag but I was patient & instead of paying $239, I got it for $60, used twice & I believe it because it looks brand new! So far no probs. selling!
I've had to call eBay for advice over the years & they're always friendly & helpful, of course I treat them with respect! Same thing with paypal!

6/21/14

This is a complaint regarding buyer #MOTOHK12345.

I sold a Toyo Field camera on June 12, 2013 to the above mentioned buyer. He has had the camera in his possession for an entire year. Now he wants his money back. This complaint is not against ebay, it is against the buyer.

6/18/14

Everytime I have posted an item for sale, I am usually contacted within hours It is a great way to get in contact with people who you can buy/sell

6/13/14

Not only are their products bad quailty and unprofessional, their seller is EXTREMELY rude to paying customers! I was told that I am 'small minded' and 'needed to get a life', this seller's products are meant to be helping people how have mental issues, so if this is how they deal with a complaint, it shows that they don't care about their paying customers or understand what they are selling.

I think Ebay itself lets people get away with too much!

6/13/14

Im and Ebay seller. And I absolutely love this site. Only thing I dont like about it is some sellers can be dishonest about a product there selling like fake phones trying to pass it off as a real one. Be careful when purchasing high priced items! And buyers can be just as bad... ebay is more on buyer side then seller side... a buyer can be greedy and want a refund for a merch they purchased which is in perfect condition and whats described and ruin a sellers rep at a drop of a hat. and ebay gives no f@#ks. I only sale new items and i check them before i ship out just to be sure.... I re-frame from selling used items and auction i tend to stay away from also. beeee careful when selling also.

6/9/14

I recently tried out AliExpress.com This site made me realize how great Ebay is. They protect the buyer and seller. Paypal is safe means of purchasing. Go here never try Ali

6/4/14

The problem with ebay is the 10% fee. Outside of that, it's a great platform. There is a reason they have been in business for 17 years.

5/31/14

ebay is good site for buyers, but very bad for the SELLERS. too many formalities and lots of unwanted restrictions. charges on the seller is VERY, VERY HIGH. i just migrated to Amazon.com. they look more transparent and reasonable. they give much freedom to the seller and also have very good reputation than ebay. Ebay looks as if it got sold out to paypal. both of them handle things and make a lot of money. PURELY BUSENESS, JUST LIKE A BUTCHER SHOP. NO MORAL VALUES. they restrict the seller, by giving "SELLING LIMITS/ PER MONTH". They ask sellers to call them and BEG them for INCREASING THE SELLING LIMITS. they think that they are next to the Great president "Barack Obama", hence they treat the sellers low. how ever amazon has on great drawback. it will not give an opportunity to display photos of the actual products, to attract the buyers. this restriction on amazon sucks the buyers. IF AMAZON ACCEPTS THE PUBLISHING OF PHOTOS ON THEIR WEB SIT, E-BAY WILL BE NO WHERE ON THE GLOBE.

5/22/14

I was a big fan of Ebay but they were hacked this week! So, I had to go and change all of my passwords. I am going to start using Amazon to buy my items until I know that the site is more secure.

5/21/14

If you're a small seller, you're going to have a TOUGH time here. With their new guidelines for small sellers, if you do not purchase a eBay store subscription, you can say good bye to your free Fixed Listings. Ebay claims that buyers are more likely to buy with auction style listing when that is not true at all. I'm a buyer and a seller, and as a buyer, I can tell you now that I would not wait 7 days going back and forth fighting someone for an item that I could've gotten immediately, just to save a few bucks. It's not worth it. Every time I bid on auctioned items, I never end up winning the item anyway.

As both a buyer and seller, I have had very little problems selling here. 98% of my transaction were smooth. I'm kind of disappointed in this website that is supposedly the master of selling, who is willing to toss the small seller aside. I can no longer list clothes without being charged 30 cents per listing which is outrageous. Their fees and Paypal fees estimate to about 15% of your earnings and that's not including shipping, packaging and time.

Like I said, if you're a small seller, you can forget selling here unless you like 50 free auction-style listings which are a complete waste of time and only benefits the buyer (item is cheaper).

Otherwise, as a buyer, take note of these things:
1) Always read feedback (neutral + negative)
2) Do not buy from people with a rating less than 97%
3) Never purchase DSLRs unless you want no help from Cannon. Most listed for very low prices are gray-marketed items.
4) Read descriptions and return policy carefully.
5) Read shipping policy carefully.
6) ALWAYS pay with Paypal.
7) Leave reasonable feedback as a courtesy. (optional)

Again, their fees are horribly high to the point where if you want to sell a decent condition shirt for a reasonable price ($8), you'd be getting like $4 for the shirt. Their customer service is also horrible. They don't know what they are talking about and they all tell you different things. EBay's website is also not clear on what your fees are based on (more likely to rip you off and you won't even know). Their website layout is completely CONFUSING. Their listing tool is laggy. If you have a case with a scammer, they close it and steal your final value fees and don't even look into your case. Frankly, I've had enough of this website.

Ebay also HIDES your listings. What are the odds of not getting a buying for three weeks and out of nowhere, 6 people buy from you all at once on the same day, minute after one another? It's too bad Etsy is for handmade and vintage only, otherwise they'd put eBay out of business. After my last batch of items, I am never selling here again.

5/21/14

They treat the sellers HORRIBLE and also I bought a necklace from them and the seller told me the it should be there within 3 weeks. So I waited and then I message him and they said it should be on its way please wait another week. So after that week past I opened up a case and Ebay said there is nothing you can do because You reached you time of limitations for them to refund you. But I never got my Necklace!!!!!! My money was stolen and they don't care. I am very upset and angry.

5/19/14

We all know ebay owns paypal, selling things on ebay now is just not worth it, 1st off all the fees are to much, 2nd if you sell anything and buyer states wrong item than you you lose the money ebay does not look in to cases its all automated,
paypal hold on to ur cash, Do not hold your breath when trying to contact them & when you do its the having a conversation with a gold fish

5/12/14

I love ebay. They are really good. I'm a member of ebay since November 2013. I buy a lot there, and every purchase is just how they describe, the shipping cost is very reasonable, but any way be carefull with bad sellers, some of them charge to much, the good thing is that you can find another seller with the same item, but with better price. Don't be afraid, try it. Good luck bidding!

4/20/14

I have well over 500 purchases on ebay and have sold 2 items. I have only had one or two purchases that weren't completely satisfactory - better odds than I get at the grocery store. I have purchased quite a few items from Hong Kong and China and have yet to be disappointed with those purchases - as long as I'm not in a hurry. They are a good bargain store most of the time. You have to know your prices and comparison shop.

4/13/14

Horrible Horrible. Wouldn't let me sell and never gave me a reason. Customer service is completely rude and interrupt you.

4/13/14

I have been receiving occasional invites to the fairly new Coach online store located inside the Ebay web site. You do have to have an invite to get on the website, which I can't figure out. But when I have shopped on there, I have gotten really good deals on all kinds of Coach purses, cosmetic bags, wallets, key rings, lanyards, etc. etc. And they are the real deal. Most of their bags, even when heavily discounted, run about $90 and up, unless you get a swingpack purse (little tiny purse). I have purchased probably 10 handbags on there, both for myself and gifts, and only had to return two, as one was too big and one was too small. No problem with the returns, either. The quality is there, and there is a multitude of choices from sunglasses to jewelry to clothes. I have to restrain myself every time I get one of these invitations because I love my Coach handbags so much - and I want MORE! Items are paid for securely, shipped promptly from Coach, and are packed carefully, complete with the Coach care cards and the little tags that set off the alarm systems in stores if you don't get all of them out of your new Coach item! I love Coach Outlet!

4/10/14

Fees are getting too high to keep trading, amazon seems to be a better option. Such a shame as it worked really well for me a few years ago.

4/9/14

Ebay is a smokin hot website. From clips to big ticket items, I can purchase anything. The search function is brilliant. The feedback structure made me as a buyer to be confident when buying and helps in avoiding scams. The layout format is what I am most comfortable about this online store, it's very easy on the eyes. The functions of the cart and exciting bidding process is amazing. I have won items that I wanted so much because of the fast bid function.

4/9/14

We've been with ebay for 15 years now, thru the growing pains and built a viable business that employees 5 people. If ebay is consistent with anything, it's disappointing sellers.
We are top rated, have been for years, yet every year ebay insists on adding another hoop we must jump thru to keep that status. This year it's the detailed ratings. Last year it was tracking uploads.
We lost our top rated seller status this month because we were closed (and so was our post office) for 2 days due to the ice storm that hit our southern state. Ebay said they would handle it, yet we lost our top rated by .01% (that was 2 tracking numbers).
Did you know if a buyer returns a brick to you instead of a pair of shoes, you will have to refund them for the brick? Yep, that's what a rep told me last week. We all know the buyer wins, but why bother with the reporting abuse of return feature if it doesn't really matter?
Ebay is a great place to buy, but I tell anyone who asks me about selling to go with Amazon.
We can deal with ebay being probuyer

4/5/14

I used to be a fan of ebay, but not anymore. They not only charge a % of the final value, they now charge a % of shipping. Not to mention that they are in kahoots with paypal. Ebay charges you, paypal charges for the same transaction & there is not even an option to pay by check or money order. They're customer service absolutely sucks, as well. I'll sell on Pennswoods from now on.

4/4/14

This places an important tool to market my products. I do not have a product, but I was able to market the products of my friends, to establish sillaturrahim with my friends, then everybody can be happy.

I have a friend who has a product but can not way to market, some are not but could have a product and are able to market it. Everything became mutually helping each other. This is what I love about my friends.

4/1/14

Rated OK, but going downhill as long as they have paypal hanging around its neck. I have been a ebay user over 12 years, 100% feedbck rating. Everything was ok untill my last purchase in March. Went through ebay checkout to pay with paypal (have bank account and two cedit cards on file,verified and in good standing) and my payment was declined,tried several times but no luck. Called paypal customer service it did not offer specific help and hard to understand(believed it is outsourced ,India?) Next I tried email them, got response pretty fast compared to the time it took to explain the problem to them. I was told they would fix it,tryed to use the checkout process again but was declined. Emailed again, same response or told to call giving me the same number i called before,just a big run around. I went through that several times, before i gave up. Their response was the same thing, it was automated web forms with a different name on it. I had to remove my bank account and my credit cards from paypal to keep them from getting ruined. Made payment for my purchase by good ole American Mother Lovin cashiers check. Now i have no confidence in their payment process or customer support, now will ask sellers if they will accept chashiers check or usps money order to pay for a purchase, if not I won't bid. I thought I might sell items myself , i would hate to be on sellers side that kind of problem. To this day was not told what went wrong or if really really fixed. Now just hanging out in space. I could tell everybody to be very carefull using ebay/paypal, but if you follow the guidelines and a good person you could end up like me.

3/31/14

I'm not a big fan of ebay anymore - they charge too many fees for the service they're providing. Additionally, I think there are too many cheap and bad quality products from professional sellers that just destroy the whole idea of ebay.

3/31/14

It's the best site for shopping online. the best customer service I ever know. I'm so happy with shopping online. Thanks ebay

3/31/14

I have had fun purchasing on eBay for the last 2 years and have sold 2 items successfully. I have recently listed an Hermes wallet only to have the listing pulled because they claim it is fake. I bought it on eBay and have since found a color I like better. I shop Hermes and I know it is authentic. I am redoing the sale site with better photos and am willing to pay to have it authenticated by a reputable online site. No problem. The problem I have is that there are several obviously fake wallets listed in my category and eBay will do nothing about them. Reporting the listing does no good. Even with the good experiences I have had I will sell this item and say farewell to eBay. Save some money!

3/31/14

Ebay is a good company but they need to be stricter with resellers. I bought a product on Ebay and what I got is an immitated product. Ebay should have kicked the seller out from selling stuff on Ebay but they did not

3/24/14

Its a really great site...

I always use this one for electronics items. Here easily find out many of deals on products and i which we can choose best offers.

3/20/14

Your ebay experience obviously depends on the seller. I've been using them for about 10 years, and this is the advice that I'd give:

Only buy from someone with 100% positive feedback. The best ones have between 50-1000 reviews, because they will bend over backwards to protect their rep. You may think your safe buying from someone with 99.8 positive feedback with 50,000 reviews, but your negative is just a drop in the bucket to them.
Use paypal, but also use a credit card with a customer friendly charge back policy. If something goes wrong, you have multiple options for disputing the charge.

3/17/14

E-bay and pay pal allow uninformed buyers to pay without being invoiced or billed for a product they can not possibly pick up or take possession of thus causing days and days of hassle. The pay pal foreign representatives do not always have the language skills to deal with hearing impaired people. Included in my torture was a foreign rep. that could not deal with an apple computer running safari. When told to respond by e-mail they just ignore me. I have had more satisfactory dealings than bad ones.

3/13/14

Can be useful, but they are tied to paypal which is sucky as a payment provider, and they keep changing the back end rules for sellers which makes it hard to run a store, i pulled my store off ebay and put it up on amazon which seems for now to be more fruitful

3/13/14

Used as a buyer for over 10 years with no problems. Started selling last year and had a customer decide not to pay for their item. eBay charged me the seller fees, over $10 and I had to jump brought a bunch of hoops before I could get the charges reversed and resist my item. Seller wouldn't respond or anything so I could relist. I had to wait until ebay said i could close the case. To top it off, eBay does not take action on the buyer and they don't allow sellers to provide negative feedback on buyers who don't pay. They should provide sellers with equal review ability and protections as buyers. I am sure that bad buyers lead to future bad sellers. Hopefully I will find a better auction site on sitejabber; I am no longer an eBay fan.

3/11/14

Very expensive to use. Fees altogether total more than 15% of sale price, this for the few pennies of support that they provide. Horrible. I am looking for an alternative.

3/10/14

MOST CORRUPT COMPANY IN THE WORLD !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
EBAY has been involed with crimes online, and it is on record, also ebay has lost multiple lawsuits ! !Now ebayi is spending money fake reviews against webstore, because they fear no fees, and they met their match, ebay is trying to quickly block new members from joining webstore with false acusations, all the things they are saying, are the things ebay themselves are responsible for, these bastards need to lose all business, please make you're own decision, watch this youtube video to understand ebay: Ebay The World's biggest online Crime Ring : By Bugsy Cline

3/9/14

This is the poorest excuse for a bit site on the plannet. Take my word for it i am a seller. Ebay is a great platform for people in other countries to rip you off. Ebay even rips off its own sellers wich blows me away considering the sellers are who pay ebay. Stay away from ebay save yourself the trouble.

3/6/14

Sold my college textbooks last semester in 5 days! Fst payment and no problem from provider. Woud sell again w them.

3/6/14

I ordered a new screen replacement(zebra patterned) for my iPhone 4, and they sent the wrong one, and when after I had installed it, I realized that the digitizer was slightly broken, and now there are dead zones on my phone, it's very difficult to use, and I can't press some letters while typing.

3/5/14

Gotta love eBay, but there's a bit of a learning curve. "Best Offers" can really pigeon hole buyers, since sellers have 48 hours before the offer expires. You can find some really, really cool stuff on eBay at a great price, though. A lot of great things you can't find elsewhere.

3/3/14

I love ebay I buy and sell on ebay all the time . I especially love the fact that if anything happends with a faulty buyer or seller ebay will handle the matter

3/3/14

- 1 star from me! Ever since John Donahoe joined eBay as their CEO and said "We had to create a vision of the future so people could let go of a very successful past." the site was doomed for the small, honest and exceptional seller. They now want to be Amazon, but the share price is evidence this will never happen.

3/1/14

of course it depends on the ebay seller, where you are buying from but ebay is doing a great job regarding customer support. the help quickly and are very efficient when you have a problem

2/28/14

I am giving it an OK. Why? Because eBay has been making it harder for sellers to even last on there, I am not sure how many times I have been suspended due to odd reasons. I sold a couple of dollar store type items and I get a message saying something about not liking my business practices? Like really? What does that mean?

So getting back on has been a pain, luckily I ran across a website that a friend referred to me called www.auctionessistance.com
Based off talking to one of their associates, they really know their stuff just off one conversation, so I have been working with them just recently which is helping me tremendously.

But as far as selling & all the fiasco that is going down, I give it a 3 star since they are the only game in town for bringing loads of traffic.

2/27/14

Thank you, eBay, for facilitating the damage of my property. For allowing a buyer to misuse the return policy. For allowing a buyer to file "item not as described" because they changed their mind. For ignoring the partial refund the buyer and I agreed to before the item was returned damaged which, in effect, means I paid shipping for someone to damage my property, and YOU facilitated that damage. Thank you for showing me what an irresponsible and buyer-centric company you have become. Thank you for not responding to the three claims I filed trying to get a response so a different refund amount could be decided, but instead forcing a refund. That is NOT seller protection. Your ever so helpful customer support informed me the protection I got was to issue the agreed upon refund so I didn't get a negative rating even though the buyer used and damaged the item before returning it. Why, if that is the case, does it state in the resolution center to not issue a refund until the item arrives and can be examined? Rest assured I will be posting this on every eBay forum I can find.

The Best Antiques Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber