US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

lei317

Customer service could not find the listing and said that I must have removed it myself. (in 65 reviews)

guns

Once I bought a computer, which the seller completely lied about the os that was installed, ram, etc. (in 333 reviews)

tn1

I'll admit it - I use Ebay to buy strawberry shortcake figurines, my collector's item of choice. (in 227 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

nestoe
9/2/15

Ebay is very bad. This site can be compare to sex predators. It will shave you all you got.This place is only for crooks who want some one else material for free and ebay will keep the seller fee. Do not buy ebay stock. Ebay is not the solid company like others. Sorry I cannot explain. Ebay is a fence company .. between .. legal and illegal. It is good for cheaters and who wants other property at no cost

christinep35
9/1/15

I have been an EBay purchaser for many years, but this relationship is now coming to an end. I have found that in the past year or so, EBay DOES NOT SUPPORT, the purchaser. They permit too many scammers and have created such a complicated, and cumbersome process to file a claim. Their complaint, resolution and refund process has become impossible to work with. Another problem is that sellers are often "Suspended" without prior notice to the purchaser, leaving a purchaser without any recourse for a refund. So far in 2015 I have lost sever hundreds of dollars due to EBay not supporting the purchaser.

EBay has become disreputable and a supporter of fraudulent Asian sellers. Shame on EBay!

niravk
9/1/15

Not happy at all,
after paying we didn't get product,
no contact guideline that how to get product.

mervw
8/31/15

I ordered a cat tower from one big outlet on eBay. When it came there was no hardware to put it together. I wanted to return it but was told no. Ebay was brought in and they ruled against me. Will never ever buy another thing from ebay!!!

pamelaf10
8/29/15

For years I have had a successful small business on eBay. (MyPinkPorch) . Over the last year and a half, my sales have plummeted and this year I am barely selling a thing. Something has changed in the way eBay is now conducting it's business. I am running my business as I always have so why the big drop off? I think maybe eBay prefers big corporate business that sell hundreds and thousands of items every month and is not so interested in "small independent sellers" such as I. Seems my items no longer get the exposure they used to and hence sales are very sporadic at best. Maybe it's time to consider another venue to sell my handcrafted products?

rainr1
8/28/15

Lenses, furniture, a bike. There's an endless amount of things to buy here. Only thing you have to know is how to distinguish a trustworthy seller from a crooked one.

dianeh41
8/27/15

i don't have an ebay account but my husband does. he sold my iPhone online. Not only do we keep having fraudulent buyers attempting to buy the phone without payment. But if you have paid a shipping company (a third party) and have receipts that you have paid for a product to be shipped to the confirmed address. And provide this as proof to ebay, this is not considered proof that you sent the produce if the buyer lied and said they didn't receive it. Even though the buyer has no proof and you do have proof of shipping it ebay's terrible customer service will HARASS you and make you pay for an item you no longer have and now must pay for. Or they want YOU AS THE SELLER to pay extra for tracking as proof because proof that paid for shipping to the confirmed address is not sufficient. eBay rep even said this is a terrible position they put sellers in!!

michaelj114
8/27/15

Ebay is simply a money grab, Has been since it's inception. Encourages and profits greatly from fraudulent practices especially in the selling of illegal counterfeit items and successfully hides behind it's "venue only status" and treats it's sellers with zero respect. Changes it's policies constantly to only advantage itself. Potential buyers and sellers seriously beware and understand the risk you assume on every transaction you engage in. Buyers especially should only fund their payments with major credit cards for the protections they afford against online fraud.

shaund21
8/26/15

eBay' is one site I look at every day for bargains

robinf14
8/26/15

EBAY has no way to distinguish the endless identical dealer ads from individual sellers when you are buying. It has become a giant reseller haven for junk. There is still the occasional individual selling a good deal, but you have to wade through piles of crap to find them. The site is intentionally complex. They must have run out of ideas for ways to charge fees. It is unfair to charge fees on items that do not sell. If their site does not generate income, what have you paid a fee for? To give Ebay your money? I ended up with a bill that didn't even cover what I sold. What a joke. Never again. Hello, Craigslist.

williamc101
8/20/15

When are all you people going to wake up stop depending on big Corporate company like Evil bay to run your business. its time to venture out on your own and make that website and use other payment platform not just paypal. there are others like stripe,WePay,Amazon payment,2checkout you can use on your own website. why jump through hoops for ebay and let them run your life on your own business. even the small seller are getting hit hard by buyers asking for refunds afther 3 month later. ebay is siding with dishonest buyer by refunding the buyer and they get to keep the item. dont get me wrong there are many good sellers and good honest buyers and items. Then there are many people that are doing smaller fibs—like telling white lies to ease a friend's distress or to business big or small shops.you can get away with it and its no big deal to them when they do it.The small fibs are so innocuous that they apparently trip off our tongue ... “To keep society running smoothly, we need to tell white lies.We don't know how many people are pathological liars, as few will admit to the condition if you go read all the blogs on ebay sellers and buyers complaints on all the search engine you will find many and still growing thses are power seller talking about there bad experince on selling it to bad buyers. yes there are bad sellers too we all should not depend on evilbay. you can defend it because you been shoppong and selling many years on ebay sooner or later it will reach you. you will be the lucky one if you dont get a bad seller selling you a bad item! or you as a sellers will get a bad buyer that will lie to get a free item. that what's trending around online and many are already using that tactic to use against the sellers. i been a ebay buer and a seller since 2002 and in 2010 i was a power seller and I got 2 Award Certificate for best seller! i close my account in 2011 for ebay hiring stupid customer service are terribly incompetent. why i left them and never again bought or sold ever again.thats another story. i was making 5k a month part time while i was still working full time.anyways i think ebay is being run my many small sellers and you have the big company like target china warehouse,bestbuy you will see outlet items from them.they are the one that are making it with no issue with ebay. if you notice its the smaller group seller that are having more issue with ebay the policy and rules and many dishonest buyers filing. buying or selling is like 50% you might get a bad seller or 50% of the time you might get a bad buyer. ebay is getting very sloppy on there policy. and now you see many seller leaving ebay and going to other website. evilbay is a mess. just watch this fall and see how bad it will get ebay will get many returns and many buyers filing a chargeback after knowingly receiving a refund. look at the stock market for evilbay going down! and many seller selling fake and stolen items on ebay. people wake up! there remains a renewed and growing conviction that the decline of eBay’s core operations is starting all over again. It’s not at all uncommon for Internet companies to see a meteoric rise and fall (it’s practically become the rule), but eBay seems to be charting a different narrative: The rise and fall. And rise. And fall.today 8/20/2015 EBay and PayPal face a federal racketeering lawsuit, which focuses on the sale of counterfeit products.
Irvine-based company, Wimo Labs, filed a federal racketeering lawsuit against eBay Thursday. ebay having another bad year.

jamilk
8/19/15

I sold an item. buyer took parts out from the item and sent it back to us, saying that item did not work, even warranty seals were broken. Ebay asked me to refund buyers money because it is ebay policy if buyer return any item as defective than seller has to return money including shipping cost. I explain ebay all the situation how this buyer is ripping me off but ebay has no way to find out who is wrong or right. Look like it is very tricky to do business on ebay. according to ebay recent policy you can easily ruin any seller or seller reputation, plus seller will also get discredit as reward. For me ebay is not good platform to do business.

michaelj109

NASDAQ: PYPL - Aug 14 4:09 PM EDT

1 year ago $36.71 Today $38.14

staceyh21
8/15/15

I'm both a buyer and a seller on Ebay. I completely support the concept of people being able to run a small internet based business to supplement their income. I salute those people.

What I do not appreciate is big businesses that offer horrible customer service and lack of business ethics ripping people like me off and Ebay simply allows it.

I recently made a large purchase that was listed as "free shipping" yet when it was delivered I had to pay shipping. I contacted the seller and they pretty much told me too bad, I wouldn't be reimbursed. I contacted ebay and they said they couldn't help me.

Ebay doesn't offer buyer protection, they offer protection to the sellers who sell thousands of items a day.

Shame on you Ebay!

nessaf1
8/13/15

you will either receive great fast service or buy off a scam seller read everything carefully before you buy. If a deal seems to good to be true...it probably is.

jefreec
8/11/15

I am an ebay junkie ... just love ebay. I probably buy something from ebay every day, and or bid on something. I maybe have 1/100 a problem situation...most transactions are excellent. Thank You Team Ebay !

angelap30
8/9/15

EBay says they have money back guarantee. EBay has horrible customer service and doesn't support buyers.

tamarank
8/7/15

I would not do any business with eBay if I were anyone. The sellers on there are allowed to harass buyers after the buyer has asked them to stop emailing them. There is no way to block them from contacting a person. I was called trailer trash, stupid, and lazy by a seller and eBay did nothing about it. That was it for me. I closed my eBay account. Go elsewhere if you want better value, customer service, and no harassment.

ronk34
8/4/15

Notice that a huge majority of the positive reviews about ebay are from buyers. Ebay is ok for buyers but absolutely awful for sellers. Between ebay & paypal sellers are looking at14% hit in fees. That's abismal - especially on large sells. Example a recent $2,500 sale cost me about $325 in fees. And, ebay did little to nothing to earn their fee. I will buy on ebay but I personally will never sell another item on that site.

cassidyc1
8/4/15

THIS IS A HORRIBLE WEBSITE. I ordered a waterproof case for my iPhone 6. I got in the pool today and wanted to take a underwater picture. NOPE THE CASE WAS FAULTY AND BROKE MY PHONE WITH WATER. They then told me that in order to get a refund I had to contact the seller. DO THEY HONESTLY THINK A SELLER WOULD WANT TO BUY ME A NEW PHONE? I dont think so. http://www.ebay.com/itm/For-iPhone-6-iphone-6-Plus-Waterproof-Case-Cover-Shockproof-Dirt-Snow-Proof-/221741227035?var=&hash=item33a0ce9c1b THAT LINK IS THE CASE DONT BUY IT. ITS FAKE.

bryanc34
8/3/15

A site with great customer service and support ,as well as,great customer satisfaction and poroducts.

siddharths2
8/3/15

The products are good but they should add on option to pre-ordering and have low prices

fatek12
8/1/15

Ebay is good because I get to post a lot of videos with Toys that we Purchase at Ebay. Subscribe to https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCXpQ17LY77usUULkdfEg0vg it's free to add to your playlist and the whole family can enjoy : )

kevino33
7/30/15

Anybody can get lucky every now and then, but if you do the work, it isn't luck anymore. I don't think I'll ever get rich making my item purchases on Ebay. I think, if you do the research before you make those purchases, you can save as much as your purchases, if you do the work needed. Do this work before you make the purchase, because the money is already gone, after the purchase is made.

abhij21
7/30/15

Hello,
I have a seller account on eBay.in which is restricted & suspended since over a month. I had already sent the documents asked 3-4 times but my account is not activated yet.
I am very exhausted of sending the query mail & chatting with customer support. They don't resolve my problem & transfer call from sales department to another to another.
My remittance is on hold. I need my money for item i sold.
I am very exhausted of eBay service & customer support. The worst service i had experienced. This my last formal mail please release me money otherwise i have to take some legal action.
Waiting for reply & call back.

Regards,
Abhishek Jain

lizzyp1
7/28/15

When selling on eBay, the fees tend to be a hassle and with so many competitive prices, you usually don't make much money but as a buyer, it's the best! You just need to know how to actually use it. If an item (for example jewelry) is way too cheap for the type of gem its claiming, its probably a scam and this is true for anywhere. Always make sure you look at the person you are buying from. Check their rating percentage and their reviews as sellers. Shipping is fast if I buy from my country or its slow but very, very cheap
I've been using eBay for years and have only had 1,bad experience which was my first purchase. It only happened because I didn't know how to use it and didn't check the seller. I reported to eBay and got my money back very quickly. Love this site

gayatrip
7/27/15

This online store is the worst among all online shopping sites! PLEASE NEVER BUY FROM THIS SITE! The items do not meet the description. Shipping duration is horrible, The items are all duplicate or cheap china made items but are priced as branded ones. Delivery is often not done on time and refund takes ages!

PLEASE BOYCOTT THIS WEBSITE! THEY NEED TO KNOW THE MARKET IS CUSTOMER MARKET AND YOU CANT CHEAT THE CUSTOMERS

anoopi
7/25/15

Worst Online store in India. Order a UK 8 Flip flop and looks like UK 10. And when I contacted ebay about this they rejected my request you replace it also. Never shop with these frauds.

aarons61
7/24/15

Vast variety of products to choose from. Prime choice to do online shopping. Great delivery process.

mt56
7/23/15

Feebay exploiting sellers too much, recently they started to charge fees on postage cost, means they doubled the profit without doing any extra benefit for sellers, it bunch of greedy ghosts !

brandonc32
7/22/15

EBAY SELLER PROTECTION IS GARBAGE!!
I sold a stone with a validated certificate stating about the stone as well as photos of the item. The buyer opened a claim saying its not as described and so I must issue a refund because ebay says in 'item not as described' cases they side with the buyer regardless of your documentation!
WHATEVER YOU DO, DO NOT SELL ON EBAY!!!!
IT WAS MY FIRST TIME AND 10000% MY LAST TIME.

bradh31
7/21/15

They are providing nice product quality. But, the delivery time can be improved. They are taking more time than other sites to deliver the products.

derrickb11
7/21/15

The fees have gotten out of hand. I only sell things when there's a promo which makes it worthwhile now.

lathakannana
7/20/15

Very very poor customer satisfaction.Ordered an LG G2 phone from ebay which is producing hell lot of heat so wanted to return them back but the response from ebay is not satisfactory

martinsa
7/19/15

EBay is nice but too secure / strict. You can't even learn from your mistakes @ eBay. Goosh I was expelled as a novice from eBay, I never knew my way around it, and I don't think I will have another opportunity to.

nexusm
7/17/15

PayPal and eBay are owned by the same greedy corporation. PayPal must spend a lot of money lobbying for a monopoly in online payments because they suck to hard to have earned this monopoly fairly.

eBay and PayPal both reserve the right to shut down your account without any reason or justification. I didn't realize why, until my accounts were shut down despite a 98% positive feedback score. Of course they kept all the money in my account.

I am boycotting eBay and PayPal as a result. Amazon is better than Google Shopping because eBay's search results come up in Google Shopping search results. Ebay results show up as $0.01 on every type of product you can think of. This makes the features that allow you to sort by price completely useless on Google Shopping.

I will stick to shopping on Amazon until Google Shopping adds a filter to remove ebay spam from my search results.

davidl198
7/16/15

EBAY SUCKS THAY CANT HELP ME GET MY ACCOUNT BACK THEY TOLD ME JUST OPEN A NEW ACCOUNT THEY GAVE ME A EMAIL I NEVER MADE

marcieg
7/15/15

I love shopping on Ebay! They have so many products my family can use or enjoy! I buy alot of vintage Gymboree on there. Sometimes games for my kids, toys or products for our home etc...Would recommend to anyone I know!

giovannym
7/13/15

usually technical support service works well is used, has a variety of items, constantly offering all kinds of items for sale, especially exotic items.

willieb21
7/13/15

There are way too many stories to explain them all!

dutchg
7/11/15

sometimes i could not find good prices

bv17
7/10/15

I like the buyer protection, but they usually side with the sellers. Also, I find it kind of lame that you cannot block certain sellers from contacting you. Ive had a few with bad attitudes get abusive when I said I no longer wanted their products. I got 10+ emails a day from one! I do not have a phone and that seems to be the only way to contact them, which is also stupid. At least you can chat/email amazon. Some things i've gotten very good deals on but others ive been ripped off with. I have to read feedback VERY carefully. Some sellers have multiple accounts which i am also weary of. There are various other improvements that need to be made, but the main thing making me consider leaving is the fact that sellers can harass you and you basically have to sit there and take it!

Tip for consumers: ALWAYS CHECK FEEDBACK BEFORE PURCHASING

shannonb38
7/10/15

Size has now been removed on the left hand toolbar when looking for clothing. I can't work out why. Size is the most important criteria for choosing clothing however to eBay that is obviously not a concern as it was removed over 2 months ago and despite repeated complaints it has not be reinstated.
Why would you remove a search feature from a search engine to make searching more difficult particularly when this feature has been present ever since using eBay in 2008. Will be shopping elsewhere in the future. Suspect some marketing ploy so people have look over many more items of clothing to find what they want thus possibly increasing sales. A big Turn off.

andrewb111
7/8/15

They still need to keep an eye on sellers products. I ordered earphone and it was marketed as original Apple Earphone. But it was not. :(

jagroopa
7/7/15

I like ebay. It can be hard to sift through the selection at times, and hard to postage rates to the UK sometimes, but I've not had a bad experience product wise.

jamesw189
7/7/15

Twice I have been scammed, E bay was very quick to solve the problem and refunded my
Money. I am very happy with e bay!!!!!!!!!!!

damany
7/5/15

Times past, eBay was the place to go to buy and sell things and make a little money at it-used to be fun-USED TO BE-not anymore
eBay has now become the faceless, money hungry and small business seller killer I was afraid it would become eventually-just like Verizon or AT&T Wireless-eBay has continued to swallow up the space until there was no one left to compete-all the while abandoning their base-the sellers who got them there in the first place-useless Q&A pages they send you to in the event of a dispute with no real customer service, fees that are snarky and hidden until you sell an item and find 50-75% of your profit has to pay eBay and PayPal (they are not any better) so you end up with a miniscule profit margin-
Also, eBay will give you inane suggestions for selling that don't tell you how to do it smart-just to basically give your items away after eBay and PayPal TAKES their cut-no wonder people are leaving eBay and trying to find an alternative-and not having much luck-at least where I'm standing-but someone could surprise me-
In closing-if you sell on eBay-stop now before you lose more money than you probably already have-I have sold several items and have gotten lucky walking away with a few bucks profit-but eBay will lose me too-if I wanted to sell online-I want to do it and make some money, not give most of it back to eBay to pay for their CEOs and their perks
And making a seller pay to have THEIR money transferred from eBay to PayPal? Are you kidding me? At least PayPal won't (not yet) charge for transfer from PayPal to your bank-but it takes 5 to 7 business days for your money to finally show up-ridiculous to say the least-GET OUT OF eBAY WHILE YOU CAN!!!

Tip for consumers: Check out webbid or estore-haven't checked them out personaly but google "online auctions" and see for yourself-eBay isn't the only game in town anymore-and at this rate-they won't last either, just from their antics alone BEWARE!

meretteb
7/4/15

Do not purchase anything from eBay unless you have the Shipping address posted at the time of the purchase on credit card. No one wants to update information of the shipping address even after leaving a msg. on the phone line recorded too. Ebay customer service could care less plus the Company where item was ordered.I left a phone msg, recorded @3pm on a Sat. I was told by my Credit Card Company to do that also gave me the phone number to call -nothing was done to correct the shipping address..Order place on a Friday, Called Sat. recorded @3pm to cancel.

gregl32
7/2/15

They sell your personal information track every thing about you. This is a horrible site to sell on and a great place for fraud from buyes. All you have to make up some story about your item and you have 99.99% of getting it for free. I have no idea why the govermentbdoesn't step up and shut them down for sharing privacy information and for allowing fraud an stealing money from sellers. There are so many other places to buy things so think of buying from them ratther than this company that forgot about all the small sellers that made them a famous big company.

andrewm137
7/2/15

Ebay is a good site (ofcourse), the only problem is that the sellers aren't honest. Just make sure you do a quick research before ordering something.

10 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the eBay staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Anyone used the app Ebay Same-Day shipping service? Any recommendations ?

12/5/12
Answer
dmp
A: I wouldn't depend on ebay for anything anymore. Their software is always messed up so I wouldn't trust any of their apps. Their SSL is outdated too which is a big no no. Go try to log in with https and see what I'm talking about. Ebay is on its way out the door.
5/26/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: What good is the review of a product I buy if only positive reviews are acceptable? I was contacted to change my negative review to a positive one. So am I supposed to lie?
5/13/15
Answer
bd27
A: You are not required to change a negative review if you had a negative experience with a seller. Sellers cannot leave negative reviews for buyers, but as buyers we do have the ability to warn other buyers when sellers don't practice good business. If, after a bad experience, the seller makes an effort to fix the problem, I would consider changing my review. If they don't, then they deserve it. I usually wait to leave feedback until I have received the product and can verify that it is as described before I leave feedback. Once left, feedback can be retracted, but it usually requires opening an eBay case to do so.
5/13/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the eBay staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

7 Photos for eBay