US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

marlowv

Shipment was fast - customer service was wonderful!! (in 21 reviews)

bobbyk

I have never bought shoes online but the economy is falling apart and I am looking to save money where I can. (in 47 reviews)

piusl

Yes, DSW has a great return policy but it is a PITA to return shoes. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sonag
3/21/16

Horrible Horrible service. They lie about everything and also are extremely rude. The customer service representative hung up on me for telling him about my terrible experience at the store. I'm very disappointed.

denised48
2/23/16

I was at your Oak Brook store yesterday and was helped by Sandra M. with my return. She is a great asset to your company. She is kind, helpful and very professional. I thought I had both of my receipts and one was the wrong one. She took the time to call to get the information needed to process the return. DSW is fortunate to have Sandra on its team!

diundrah
2/10/16

THEY NEVER RETURNED MY MONEY! AFTER, BEING TOLD 2-3 TIMES THAT MY MONEY SHOULD BE PUT BACK INTO MY ACCOUNT IT NEVER WAS. I ORDERED A PAIR OF BOOTS, THEY NEVER TOLD ME THEY WERE OUT OF AND CONVERSE, THEY SENT THEM BACK BECAUSE I PUT MY P.O BOX ON MY ADDRESS, REALLY? DO NOT BUY NOR SHOP FROM HERE IF YOU WANT YOUR MONEY TAKEN AWAY FROM YOU AND NEVER RETURNED!!

melodyg2
2/3/16

It's better than any other online store I know because, I actually got what I ordered for with a better price.I just love how amazing it is for me,it's for sure a website that I will be using again with no problems.

nancyz13
1/16/16

I ordered a pair of boots online and recieved the wrong size, so I had to go to the store, according to the website, that had my size. They didn't have my size so I had to return the boots and make another order. I just received my correct size but the boots look awfully worn and my excitement for the shoes is just GONE. Now I'm not sure if it's even worth it to try and make an exchange since customer service is TERRIBLE.

srk
1/14/16

Recently I made a purchase thru customer service (via telephone) and as usual I was extremely satisfied with the professionalism of the staff plus their ability to help you out with your questions. In addition, when the shoes arrived in overnite method they were perfect too. My husband and I buy all our shoes at DSW and you must visit the San Francisco store. It is huge and wonderful with a great staff to help you.

amarih
1/7/16

I am so fed up with DSW! I ordered a pair of sneakers and some boots from online 12/18/15, it is now 1/7/16 a whole new year. My boots ended up getting cancelled, and my sneakers never arrived because of the P.O BOX BEING ON THE ADDRESS? REALLY? I already done called DSW twice and they were suppose to return my money. The man said they would return my money 3-5 days, its been six days. It does not take this long, and I will keep calling and calling until I get my money back.

steves207
1/2/16

Good variety but be prepared to wait. Waited over 30 minutes on a Saturday watching only TWO cashiers. Manager walked by and said "sorry I have to be on the floor" then walked back to his office. It was January 2. A slow shopping day. Not good!

maryp105
12/24/15

DSW has shoes, shoes and more shoes! All your favorite designer shoes in a variety of styles, colors and textures. Here's the great thing about DSW...the sales!!! Check out gorgeous well-made stilettos, wedges, or flats from 25 up to 75 percent off the regular prices!!! It pays to get on their mailing list as well for more reasons to shop DSW..especially if you are a shoe lover like me

evelync19
12/24/15

Ordered a pair of shoes online. Received a completely different shoe. Send back the wrong item after emailing someone from dsw customer care. Two weeks later, still no pair of shoe and no refund/exchange and no word from customer service. Credit card company give them two more weeks if not i will be completing a claim with my credit card company. DSW you have lost my business. Been a nightmare!

ashleyr56
12/22/15

I placed an order on December 14th, but never received a confirmation email about my purchase. Decided to give them a few days; maybe they were busy. Finally emailed customer service on December 19th; never got a response. Emailed another email I could find for them; no response. Got someone on chat tonight and it is honestly no help. They cannot give me a tracking number for my order because I had it shipped to the store. All they can tell me is that it will be there "soon" and the store will contact me in 48-72 hours. Fun fact DSW, it's Christmas and in 72 hours it will be too late. I can honestly say that I will not be ordering anything else from DSW online.

Lastly, I would have given them zero stars, but this site made me pick one.

Tip for consumers: Go buy in store; do not order online.

barbr23
12/18/15

I ordered a pair of B.O.C. shoes online for an excellent price. They were delivered on 12/14/15, but left on a back patio so I didn't find them for two days. The shoes are clearly worn, scratched up and stretched out. I have been trying to get thru to a CSR but after a half dozen attempts lasting over a half hour each, I've given up. I will have to fight crowds to return these crappy shoes to a store, and probably have to argue with what will surely be some underpaid sales clerk. I will never buy anything from this place again, either in the store or online. Worse customer service I have ever seen.

mercyb4
12/17/15

I got my order I placed online and realized the size was small. I picked a fon to call customer service just to ask if I can exchange in their store. I stayed on the fon first for 15 minutes, second for 35 minutes. After 35 minutes, I could not even hear the waiting song. I hanged up and called again. Stayed on for like 17 minutes, someone comes on the fon and I just complained about how long I have been on the line. This representative never said a word and stayed on the line till I said hello again and then she tells me '' I'm still here''. DSW needs to step up their customer service. You don't treat customers like you don't need them.

kesiar
12/15/15

I HAD THE GREAT MISFORTUNE OF ORDERING FROM DSW. NEVER GOT MY ORDER. CALLED CUSTOMER SERVICE 5 TIMES. THE FIRST 4 AFTER ABOUT 15-25 MINUTES I WAS DISCONNECTED. THE FIFTH TIME I WAITED OVER AN HOUR FOR SOMEONE TO PICK UP AFTER DEALING WITH THE COMPUTER. THE ANSWER I GOT FROM THE CUSTOMER SERVICE REP: KEEP ON WAITING. ITS BEEN TWO WEEKS. BUT KEEP WAITING. HOW LONG DO I HAVE TO WAIT? ANSWER: JUST TRY BACK IN A COUPLE DAYS TO SEE IF DSW WILL START AN INVESTIGATION. NOW I HAVE TO CONTACT GOD KNOWS WHO TO REPORT THEM FOR TAKING MY MONEY AND NEVER SENDING ME THE PRODUCT. WORST COMPANY I HAVE EVER DEALT WITH AND I DO MOST MY SHOPPING ONLINE. ITS DISGRACEFUL THAT PEOPLE RUN A COMPANY LIKE THIS. IF I WASNT SO MAD, I WOULD BE EMBARASSED FOR THEM.

tracil7
12/4/15

I just left DSW. I found a pair of boots for $199. There are price match signs everywhere and even announcements in the store. I looked online and found them on Amazon for $80! The exact same pair!! They refused to price match because they said Amazon is a "bidding" website!!! I walked out. My boots will be here in 2 days! No sales tax... No shipping.

mercym7
12/2/15

I tried to get some assistance thru the live chat numerous times,however it was never available. I called their customer service line was on hold for over 35 minutes, I tried at different times of day and I never got thru. HORRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE.

lilysl
12/1/15

I needed to make a simple change of address before my orders shipped. I waited 45 minutes for the first representative who (accidentally?) hung up on me. Then 1 hr and 5 minutes for the second rep to assist me...JUST to have the shoes shipped to my old address still! Omg, how can the service be so NON-EXISTENT? How do you run a company like that? What are there a million people calling support or you have literally just 5 people staffed to answer calls around the holiday season? Horrible shipping.

OH, and their email support format is broken. The page is a 404 not found. Like...really. You don't allow customers to email you? Jesus, and I haven't heard a peep back when I did find an alternate 3rd party DSW email.

coryk3
11/25/15

DSW is a very busy company. They do not make their own shoes they sell other companies. So when there is something wrong with a shoe that is the manufacturer. Dsw can in no way remake the shoe and sell it the same. They have to have there policies or they will lose a lot of money. I never have a problem with them.

rachell111
11/24/15

I love DSW, both online and the stores. Huge selection and the prices are definitely cheaper than other retail stores, even Amazon. I even purchase DSW gift cards for my mom and friends as birthday gifts. They're awesome.

beverlyl32
11/17/15

I purchased what I thought was the exact Easy Spirit shoes I have been wearing for years at a decent, but not bargain price. After wearing them frequently, I noticed that they were not as comfortable or durable as prior and newer pairs from a department store. On closer examination I discovered that the DSW shoes were not leather as others are. A friend of mine made the same observation with Sperry shoes purchased at DSW. You are not getting the shoes you are expecting. I would think that the manufacturers would not want their brand names compromised.

terryp40
11/6/15

Ripped Off at Store 13585 Tamiami Trail North, Naples FL.
Shoes priced online, available for store pick up, at $39.95. The shoes were priced in the store at $44.95. The shoes rung up at register at $49.95. The manager said she could not match the online price, even after checking Shoephoria and seeing the shoes are actually priced at $39.95, she said I could purchase the shoes, online, at $39.95 and come back in 4 hours and pick up the same pair of shoes I have in my hand! Are you for real?????? What kind of scam are you running? I ended up paying $44.95 tax (as marked on the shelf) but your polices (and/or your manager) are ridiculous! However, my DSW Order History shows I paid $34.95 and shows a pair of shoes I absolutely did not purchase. You all are totally screwed up!

jessicah81
10/14/15

I wish I could give DSW a negative star. The worst customer service and the worst online ordering system. They lost my business.

kd39
9/22/15

I ordered a pair of shoes on a Friday, needing them for a business trip the following wed. I paid $15 to have them sent two day Shipping. I received an email notification that the order had shipped on Sunday. End of day Tuesday and still no shoes. I called and was on hold and back and forth between rep and her supervisor for 30 mins. Was told that although I was notified they shipped on Sunday DSW would not consider that it shipped until Tuesday ? Makes no sense. I will not receive in time before I leave on my trip Wed and they refuse to refund my shipping. As a matter of principle that is wrong. I ordered. They confirmed(twice). They didn't deliver. And I pay?

I am not a novice online shopper and really disappointed that this is how they handled a lack of service. I won't be shopping at DSW again.

jazmineg
9/10/15

DSW IS A GREAT PLACE TO SHOP BUT THEY TREAT THEIR SALES ASSOCIATES LIKE $#*!. CUSTOMERS ARE ALLOWED TO STEP INTO THE WORKERS FACE AND YELL AT THEM BUT THE ASSOCIATE IS EXPECTED TO KEEP THEIR MOUTH SHUT. AGAIN GREAT PLACE TO SHOP BUT HORRIBLE PLACE TO WORK

trenecez
7/16/15

So I finally had a moment to purchase some shoes from DSW online and I have to say it was easy and what made it even better was I had coupons saved that I thought expired and I was able to use all of them. I've purchased shoes before and they did not fit so I brought them back to the actual store in NJ, Paramus and let me tell you the cashier was wonderful polite etc. I will continue to shop at both the store and online. Good work DSW !

cc125
6/13/15

I ordered the Deux lux Ariel clutch purse in green and was sent the Deux Lux Ariel Flap clutch purse instead. The two purses do not look alike. I called customer service to report the issues and have the correct item sent to me but was told there were out of that color. I then ordered the Deux Lux Ariel clutch purse in pink and received the Deux Lux Ariel flap purse instead, this time in pink. I called customer service again to report the issue and was told they would send the correct item, hand packed (the packer makes sure it is the correct item) with free 2 day shipping. That would have been great but they sent me the wrong purse AGAIN. They sent the Flap Clutch purse again. I returned the wrong items and spoke to customer service as it seemed to me there was a issue in the warehouse as the two items were one number apart. I was told they would investigate and create a new order for me, once they confirmed the item was actually in stock. and send email the new order info. That was three weeks ago and I have not heard back from them. The Deux Lux Ariel Clutch is still listed on the website as an in stock item. If you order this item don't expect to receive this bag.

michellel75
5/26/15

I love all the filters in DSW you can set to find exactly what you are looking for quickly. Great selection and easy return shipping if they don't fit.

alleyf
5/22/15

ordered flip flops and got some worn/ used ones. Customer service was rude and told me they are only 19 dollars. I don't gives crap how much they cost. The point is they sent me used ones and NO replacement. Worst customer service. Will NEVER buy from them again. Nor will I send friends to DSW. They don't care about satisfying their customer anyway.

ps76
3/5/15

I bought the cutest pair of boots and the cutest pair of heels for like $60 bucks. What a deal I thought. The boots had such a cheap material covering them that they got damaged the first week I wore them outside. The heels broke the second I put them on! So, cheap stuff that made me end up spending on gorilla glue and leather tint to fix them.

jenl28
3/5/15

You can find really cute shoes here. Sometimes

carolem7
1/23/15

Although their site says e-giftcards are delivered within 12 hours, it took 4 1/2 days for mine to be sent. My complaint received a "sincere apology" and the explanation that "Our system will hold gift card orders of $50 or more. Those orders will need additional verification to make sure everything is accurate on the order." That warning should be clearly provided to the customer prior to purchase. And 4 1/2 days seems way too long.

maryz8
12/19/14

RACIST DSW PASADENA staff TESSA and Mgr. NATE! HARASSMENT!!!
Check more Yelp RACISM complaints against DSW shoe store in Pasadena, CA! Cashier caucasian with red hair, TESSA ignores minority customers. Then, is very RUDE when cashiering for customers. FALSELY ACCUSED innocent customer and ensures minority customers have a BAD TIME in the store! Store Manager NATE is equally a bad, INdecent human who allows RACIST behavior since he is also guilty of HARASSMENT! Very mean and Unprofessional conduct!

billieh17
12/17/14

i know you get what you paid for,but these shoes are kinda lame.would you please tell me how to return it to you?

leahn3
12/15/14

They have my member account mixed up with someone else's account, which explains why my discounts never worked. Protect your identity people!! Their membership account management system needs a lot of improvements!! I will no longer shop here until their system glitches are resolved!!

janew44
12/1/14

I am writing regarding the outstanding customer service I received from Essence S. and Janun at the DSW Castleton Store, 4619 East 82nd St,Clearwater Village, Castleton, In.
They were very helpful and patient with me. I left with two pair of shoes that I just love, without their help I probably would have given up and left. Thank you.

reneed13
11/13/14

I order from these guys always never had a problem.... The shoes are great and the prices are as well... I was reading some of the reviews and I never had a problem with returning items,getting a refund or anything else...

dond34
11/3/14

I used to shop at DSW, because everything is displayed by style and size for easy selection. However, on at least 3 occasions the glue of the shoes I had bought dissolved and they fell apart. I would not be surprized if DSW -like so many other discount stores- buys rejects from the factory and then markets them at a healthy mark-up.

xl2
9/28/14

Love love love this company and user friendly website.

meganw14
7/25/14

Everything about DSW is fantastic. GREAT coupons with no minimum purchase amount, and you can combine them. Free shipping if they don't have your size, easy returns, friendly workers. I prefer shopping here and would even pay more to shop here because I've had nothing but great experiences. Fortunately, they have great prices too!

lisam100
6/25/14

I ordered a pair of shoes for my wedding but they were the wrong size. No big deal, so I exchanged them (that is, returned them and purchased the right size). I got the new shoes, they were exactly what I wanted and the correct size. However, the return I sent back was processed but my money was never refunded. I called them 2 separate times, even getting my credit card company involved, to no avail. 26 days later, I still don't have the refund and had to go through the claims/disputes division of my cc company. Hopefully they'll stick it to them. NEVER AGAIN DSW!!!!!

joshg23
6/20/14

This is the second go around buying 90 plus dollar dress shoes and again DSW fails miserably. I order a pair of Steve Madden dress shoes that cost me 95.35, these are not suppose to be a cheap pair of 40-50 dollar shoes and when I received the shoes they were scuffed up on the tops and there were two good size chunks taken out of the side of the rubber soles, unbelievable! I will absolutely not shop at DSW again and would recommend the same,if I can upload pictures to this post they will be there, I am extremely disappointed. DSW based on my experience should be a second hand or used shopping shoe store.

ritak8
6/19/14

I ordered a pair of Aerosole Black Material pumps. A week later I received the
right style but they were Black Leather instead. When I called they said the
Black Material was still available and would be sent out. My account was charged
the next day. I now have an e-mail from DSW that the shoes are no longer
available and the order is cancelled. I am very upset with this company. This is
not the way to do business and treat a customer.

valleriep
4/6/14

I ordered an eGift card for a birthday gift. On the website it says it will be delivered within 12 hours. 24 hours later I got a call verifying that I placed the order. Not only have they not sent it out but they said that if this gentleman hadn't gone into work (which he only does sometimes on the weekends)to verify the order this wouldn't have gotten sent out until MONDAY! As it was I had to go through TWO supervisors to get this Egift card sent out IMMEDIATELY. They kept assuring me it would be sent out within 12 hours of verification. THis is NOT what it says on the website. They do NOT get them out within 12 hours on the weekends. Keep this in mind when ordering. In fact, I suggest ordering from another site that actually DOES get them out in a timely fashion.

tammys14
4/2/14

OMG I love their shoes and their prices!!!

bernadetteh1
3/30/14

As in the prior review I ordered a pair of shoes. They arrived and were way too small. I returned the shoes and asked them to replace with the next size up. Waited three weeks and no shoes and no contact. Ordered the shoes on a Monday and because I needed the shoes by Saturday I paid $18.95 for two-day shipping. They didn't arrive by Thursday so I went on Chat. After speaking with Rashanda for over an hour, she promised that the shoes would be delivered Friday. Friday comes. No shoes. Back on Chat after waiting 17 minutes on the phone to talk to a real person. This person, Parris, guarantees me Saturday delivery before 3:00 and gives me a new reference number. Saturday, 2:30 -- no shoes and my daughter's Prom is in two hours. I called them again. He tells me. Sorry Mam, but these shoes are scheduled for delivery Monday. DO NOT BUY SHOES ONLINE WITH THIS COMPANY!

cristinab4
1/9/14

I ordered a pair of shoes and paid $15. for expedited delivery. When the shoes didn't arrive in 2 days, I spent a great deal of time trying to get through to a real person. I don't like their phone heaven. They said they couldn't track the package and referred me to Fed Ex. I called Fed Ex and they were unable to track my package. When my package arrived, the Fed Ex folks left a tag instead of the shoes saying they needed a signature to deliver. DSW denied that they require a signature to deliver, however, the only choice they gave me was to go and pick up the shoes at rush hour in downtown Miami. I am not sure who is responsible for this but they were less than helpful.

connieb35
1/6/14

If you struggle to find shoes in a wide width, this is the website to go to. They have a great selection and I have ordered three pairs of shoes that have been of great quality and perfect fit. I would highly recommend them.

lillyo1
1/4/14

This site has a lot of variety in shoes and quality, the prices are affordable and they also have discounts and clearance. For these times where the economy isn't great..I recommend this site. Just make sure you have the right measures and sizes before ordering to avoid any kind of situation with returns and/or refunds. Other than that, it is a pretty cool site to buy from...

amyl26
12/7/13

I love shopping at DSW they have little bit of everything there, however the prices are bit high though!

shanieg
11/12/13

My experience was wonderful! I got the shoes i wanted right color, right size absolutely amazing i love my shoes and i even got an awesome thankyou card and a brochure about my wishlist! Awesome thankyou dsw #shoelover

80 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DSW staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
11/1/15
Answer
reneed13
A: Call customer service ....
11/2/15