US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Companies

39 Reviews for Download-zzz.com

Review Highlights

There was a three day trial for $1.95USD I selected that one.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

5/13/11

Awful!

6/26/10

A TOTAL scam!!! Like other reviewers, I only signed up for the trial membership for $1.95 and instead was charged $42. When I contacted customer service via email, I was sent a very STUPID response that said I "had signed up for the correct package". As an add-on, I disabled some of my anti-malware so I could download the supposed files (as it wasn't working otherwise) and ended up with a HORRIBLE virus/trojan on my home pc. Don't go near this site....a waste of time, money, energy!! And..dangerous to the security of your computer.

EXPERT
2/5/10

Check out my blog at http://filescams.blogspot.com/

There I explain how these scams work, what to watch out for, and how to get your money back if you already have been a victim.

This site, like many others of the same nature, is just a SCAM intended to get you to hand over your credit card details so they can charge you whatever they like. Do NOT be fooled - they don't actually have any content!

The BIGGEST sites that do this are:

latestdownloads.net
filefortune.com
filefixation.com
downloadnova.com
10xdownloads.com

Stay informed and let's all work together as a community to spread the word and put an end to this criminal activity once and for all. This has gone far enough, for far too long...

12/14/09

First i asked for 1.98$ and when i looked into my bank statement, they charged me 46$. And the most worst thing is every file link for download on this site is forwarded to rapidshare which is a free downloading website. Anyone can help me to get my money back.. please..

12/12/09

I wish I had read the reviews before paying in that site.. I got charged 41 for nothing.. and even worse, i registered just to download a book.. and what i got was a bit torrent link to nowhere!! I called the toll free number and the person said i will be refunded in 3 days.. now have no other option but to wait and watch..

12/12/09

The other comments were exactly right. Total SCAM. In my case instead the $1.80 or so fee I was charged $110!! I have immediately disputed it. Will let you know if it works.

12/11/09

I also went there and like every body else was frauded. The promotion of 1.95 and I got charged for $81. Please beware these people are crooks. You can contact download-zzz.com at

12/8/09

An absolute hoax
Misguiding charges, 1,5$ was 81$.
Does not have the files it promised
Only brings up torrents, not the files.

11/28/09

It is a big scam. I was searching for a service manual for a small kitchen appliance through a popular search engine. The search led me to www.pdfdowloads.com, listing the document I was looking for. Then this link led me to www.download-zzz and then it got worse.

To download the file, you have to register and pay a membership. I have no problem with that , as long as I get value for what I pay.

There was a three day trial for $1.95USD I selected that one. I happened to check my visa account 5 days later ans saw a charge of $82.00USD charged by Realgoldsoft, Baku AZ. ....a different name so you do not notice the charge by download-zzz. as quickly as you would like. I think it is by design!

On top of that the membership never worked, the file was not available, the customer service support person was totally helpless, sounded as if was also part of the scam. Big long period of silence, sounded totally spaced out, extremely poor comunicator and he hung up on me. Stay away from this site and pass the word around.

11/25/09

A scam site. I stupidly gave them my credit card details. I lost 106 dollars, after attempting to pay them 1.95! I got nothing from them, but received a registration to myfiles-express.com instead! That fairly clearly implicates myfiles-express.com, as they got the money.

11/23/09

This is a total scam. I foolishly bought the $1.95 trial package with my credit card number! Never activated the account because I was in the middle of having HP clean out my computer for an unknown virus that appeared on 11/21. Thought it was strange the next day when I saw that a internet security system by the name of RealGoldSoft (from Baku, Azerbajian) had fraudulently electronically debited my account for $110.00 at 5:41 AM while I was asleep. Naturally I reported this to my bank and fed. government agencies. All along after reading the RipOff Report.com on the company, I thought that RealGoldSoft had caused my virus and then by use of pop ups hacked into my bank account number. Naturally no one at the number given answers their telephone number nor at their so-called holding company Transcon Support Ltd (note the con in their name) which claims to be the leading online distributer of pharmecutical drugs! But then I happen to followup on why download-zzz.com never charged me the 1.95 because I wanted to cancel it anyway since HP had rid me of the virus, I could go to the web sites I am use to, and I got Norton Security to protect me from future virus. Low and behold I found this site with all the negative reviews and one in particular that broke down how zzz scams customers from 1.95 to 110.00 and now i am sure that this was the origin of my scam. Customers beware this company uses a lot of different names to do their scam. I have every intention of retrieving my money, but by filing reports I hope their offices in Baku Azerbajian or Belize or any number of god forsaken locations they work out of are being raided as we speak and the culprits arrested and shut down. Keep up the good work Jabber

11/22/09

Fraudulant!!!!! i got sucked into the scam and Like many others got done for $40 for nothing in return, i've appealed on the complaints section for a refund, but i'm not really expecting anything, my key concern is that i entered my Bank details, didn't receive any form of confirmation email !!!! does this website require me to cancel the account?? as i don't wanna end up having more money come out of my account?? has this happened to anyone else down the line???? many thanks

11/8/09

stay well away. i signed up for 1.95 package and got scanked 42.00 usd. they seen us coming!! to make matters even worse i only had 5 pounds in my account which was more than enough to cover their 1.95 fee, wrong.... a 35.00 bank charge too. they have said they will give me a full refund within 3 business days and i have demanded the bank charge but they have said it is my fault they have scanked me as it was me who didnt have enough in my account. mt message to all is STAY WELL AWAY PEOPLE.

11/7/09

No excuse for this site however the terms and conditions explain how the extra charges come about:

"The following options are added to the standard membership package by default:

1. 1 month membership plan (39.95 USD)
2. Advanced Search option that allows you to request necessary files from your personal search assistant. This option costs 0.11 USD a day and the user is subscribed to this option for one year (40.15 USD).
3. 1 month subscription to PriProtect.com - an additional service that ensures 100% privacy protection during any online activities (39.95 USD).

The total cost of this package is 120.05 USD. However, this package comes with 10.05 USD discount, so the final price charged for this package is 110 USD.

The user can change contents of this package and buy the following membership packages:

1. 3 day trial membership plan (1.95 USD)
2. 1 month membership plan (39.85 USD)
3. 3 day trial membership plan with additional options (42 USD or 82 USD depending on quantity of additional options and services). Note that in case if you buy this membership plan, your 3 days trial membership is automatically extended to 1 month membership plan for free.

You must make sure that you have selected the desired membership plan before submitting your credit card details"

Don't forget--Buyer beware

Thanks to all for your comments and advice--saved me a lot of heartache and money. EFG

10/27/09

I was taken in like a lot of others by signing up for a 3 day trial at $1.95 and getting charged $41 instead. I was greatly concerned that I would end up being billed monthly. So I demanded a refund via Customer Support and got no reply except a standard meaningless answer. So I sent a cancellation request and got exactly the same answer. I then sent a message via Customer Support BUT WITHOUT LOGGING ON! Surprise Surprise to my amazement got a real person with a real reply who promised me a refund in 3 days. Even greater surprise - got the refund in 2 days! Only problem is the refund was about a dollar less than I paid - ah well.
If you can't get any response from Support try the trick of not logging on and sending your message that way.
Paul

10/25/09

I just found out they gave me a refund.
I don't know why.
They said 'I' should have been careful not to pay for other things
when some items were checked at the right end that looks like an ad of some sort.

Support: Dear Sir/Madam, Thank you for contacting Download-zzz.com customer support. Your purchase will be refunded within 3 business days. We apologize for any inconveniences that you may have experienced while using our service. Next time could you please be more attentively and put off the whole chekboxes except you need at payment page. Kind regards, Download-zzz.com CS

10/25/09

i am glad to see all these comments about this site because i just signed up.I even put my visa card number in but for a reason thankfully my proceed order page just frozed.I was very upset about it freezing up on me but after i shut my computer off.I powered it back on looking for that same proceed order page and stumbled to this page of comments and coplaints.So thank u all for all complaints and comments because they almolst had me

10/12/09

It only cost me $81.00 - instead of the promotional $1.95.. Stay away! This is a RIP OFF!!!! If you are lucky you will get nothing for your money. Less lucky, You'll get a virus for your money. Save your time, take your $81.00, throw it out the window... at least it will make somebody else's day great!

10/10/09

I was thinking of using this site but read your reviews first. I did go back and typed in some strange names and items and put cd or dvd after them, and believe it or not, everyone of them came up as available. I'm definitely staying away from this. THANKS for the info and warnings.

10/8/09

Out and out thieves, cancel your card immediately if you have been taken in by these B******s. If anyone knows how to stop them or get at them then please post here

EXPERT
9/23/09

Just a quick note: if you install WOT - www.mywot.com, which I've reviewed elsewhere, this is one of the sites which WOT won't let you visit unless you're REALLY sure, as it's a known scam. Get some protection, people, before you end up like others here who've been scammed by sites like this. And help build a database of scammers, the more we do to protect ourselves the safer everyone will be.

9/23/09

I was told I was paying $1.95 and they charged my $70!!! They don't respond to emails. I'm now fighting this with my bank. Avoid these scamming motherf*ckers at all costs.

9/14/09

You can try via your bank - they are stuck within guidelines tho - they can't dispute the fact that there was a different amount charged, in my case 81.05 vs 1.95, but they can claw back the money, if they havent prvided the service that you have paid for. My bank were aware of this 'retailer', but claim to be powerless to do anything - they did give me a number for consumer direct on 0845 404 0506 - part of the office of fair trading in the UK....

9/9/09

THIS website is an absolute scam!!!! i thought i had to pay 1.95 membership fee, at the end i was charged 128dollars!! i have sent an email to them, if they are not returning my money i m gonna report to NSW police force!

9/6/09

this site is very funny, just go type any keyword which doesn't exist, they'll tell you all the different versions in their database. So yes, as others point out already, it's scam, not only that, all the other pirate search engine actually allow them to do that. So be aware.

9/4/09

To all you guys below...I think you guys should report it to the Cyber Crime authority...because this is a VERY BIG SCAM. They must have made millions already. If all of you one by one keep sending mails to the FBI Cyber Crime Dept, they'll surely work on it...some can even call them up...it's a shame that even after having successfully ripping off innocent people, the website is up and running. We consumers do nothing but end up writing reviews after being scammed. THIS WEBSITE NEEDS TO BE SCREWED.

8/25/09

PLEASE DON'T GO TO WWW.DOWNLOAD-ZZZ.COM

i am one of the world's fool IT GUY, who know about this kind of website. but still don't know what happened, i went ahead and paid them for $1.95 Promotional Membership. but didnot received any money receipt , which made me think., i called up banks they charge me £24.90 ( pound). after that i tried to contact with them they didn't reply. I tried to contact with them with another email address which they replied within 10 minutes for helping me toward buy the Promotional Offer!! as soon as i said " i just paid you from another account why are you not responding in their!!" they stopped respond!!
One more tricks is, if you don't register , In search bar what ever you will type they will show , its available !! as soon as you will pay them their searches get limited!! when you will type a product in search bar, you will see that's not available!!!! LOL , dirty programming . Anyway, I should of know all these from before because i advise people to check on goggle about a site before paying them!! and i did such a mistake

so bottom line is, Please stay away from this website.

8/22/09

Even don not think to touch it !!!!!!!!!!

8/22/09

I was had by this site. I canceled my debit card but of course get no response from the site about my refund. Can I dispute this charge at my bank with any luck? Has anyone ever tried to collect and possibly can share their experience?

8/20/09

Well in a search for Music Packs to work with my Fruity Loops program I ran across this site and fell for the $1.98 first month package basically to see if the packs I were interested in sounded like. After putting my credit card info in I found that none of the files even worked on my computer and further more the site charged $110.00 to my account rather than $1.98. I am going to my bank first thing in the money to get the charge reversed and I only hope I am not stuck paying an unbelievable and unauthorized charge for something site obviously never have to begin with.

8/19/09

total con. an absolute rip off. Its a scam, stay away, because of this i've had to cancel my bank card, i can't pay any bills until i get a new one, its more hassle than what its worth.

8/17/09

I have become a member to this website today. I chose 3 day membership for 0.65 dollars per day and somehow ended up being a 1-month user. They do not have any of the files that they claim to have! I cancelled my credit card to prevent them to charge me further at the end of the month. YOU SHOULD AVOID THIS WEBSITE!!!

8/15/09

This web site is a ripp-off. They're committing a fraulent act. If some you have visited this site please stay away. They operate in other country. Don't believe the sign up. It is a front to scam your money. The feed back there is no reply. If you notice the code for comfirmation is a fake. Be careful they're also in violations of a lot of copy right laws world wide. Don't believe them when they state that there is nothing that anyone can do about their site.

8/8/09

The site gives the impression that the file is about to start downloading when - boom - there is an "error", you are not registered - so you have to pay and give them the credit card number. Scam.

8/7/09

does anyone have any contact information for either this website of its payment system general-billing.com?

8/4/09

This site is a complete scam. Just a big rip off..stay well clear. They certainly like to take your money. They do not acknowledge your messages.Once bitten twice shy.

8/3/09

I must be lucky - Instead of having the files I wanted, I just got a bit-torrent file with no connection..... and it only cost me $42.00 - instead of the promotional $1.95.. Stay away! This is a RIP OFF!!!! If you are lucky you will get nothing for your money. Less lucky, You'll get a virus for your money. Save your time, take your $40.00 to $80.00, throw it out the window... at least it will make somebody else's day great! **time goes by** they actually refunded my money, I'm shocked and pleased. But I still don't think you will get what you want....

7/31/09

The worst. A total scam. They have a PROMOTIONAL MEMBERSHIP OFFER listed at $1.95 and when you sign up, they then charge you 15 times that amount. To make matters worse - if it was possible - the access code they sent me was a complete dud. Avoid at all costs.

7/6/09

I dropped by looking for some files and they offered three days use of their site for .99 a day. I tried downloading three files and all of them had viruses attached so I cancelled. They not only charged me .99 x 3 days but another charge of $82.00. When I called to complain they said it would take up to 10 business days to refund. Totally bogus, dishonest site. A total scam.

The Best Download Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber