US Government's NSF

3 Reviews for Doteasy.com

▼ Sort by: recent

kevinm19
6/28/13

Doteasy engages in illegal billing and business practices. They will charge your cancelled account without consent. They do not follow Icann policies be warned. I worked there, and I was Disgusted at how I had to lie to customers and basically make excuses on why we cannot transfer their domain name.

If a customer changes their contact information on the domain, they cannot transfer the domain away from Doteasy until after 60 days. So basically, you are Forced to renew with Doteasy. If you want to transfer your domain name before expiry, they will keep the ball rolling until it expires, and then tell you it has expired, so you can't transfer it and you are required to renew, which is a 60 day lock.

If you attempt to dispute charges via your bank. They Will charge you a hosting chargeback fee.

DO NOT HAVE ANY BUSINESS TO DO WITH DOTEASY. Oh and once your domain name is expired, if you are on their FREE plan after 40 days they will start to bill you $1.95 / month for webhosting without your permission.

They will judge you based on your level of English, the country you are from, and many more factors and your gender. They will put notes all over your account not to do business with you if you ask too many questions or ask for help at all. They will note you as a troublemaker and basically hang up the phone on your or ignore your emails for help.

There servers are not secure, like any "shared hosting" company, you cannot rely on them. You will get hacked into if one site gets compromised. Their managers and supervisors will laugh in your face and ignore your request to speak to them.

They also do not care about BBB ratings or ICANN, they are not scared of them. They will find any way to screw you over for your money and take away your business.

Dont even try to register a domain name that's even close to popular, you register your name, and happen to be a celebrity or a major corporation they will take your domain for you and take ownership on it and make you pay quite a large sum of money to get it back, basically kidnapping your domain and your business until you pay the ransom.

They also hide under different aliases of companies. Just do your research.

Also, if you purchase a domain name on a promotion, you are not entitled to transfer domain services. You have to pay a substantial cost to get your domain name away from them.

Trust it from an employee. Do NOT do business with them. Go to GoDaddy or HostGator who will treat you like royalty.

Read their terms and conditions word by word before you sign any contracts with them.

jeremyl2
7/5/11

I'm having issues with Doteasy refusing to release my domain name for transfer to another registrar and host. I logged in and got the authorization code & initiated a transfer of my domain before it expired. I got a notice from the new registrar that the transfer was successful, followed a few minutes later by a message saying the transfer failed due to a lock status. I messaged Doteasy about the domain lock, but they did not reply until after my domain expired. I clearly checked the lock status of my domain when I was getting the authorization code and it showed to be unlocked. After the transfer failed I checked again and it showed to be locked. Doteasy refuses to unlock it now unless I pay their "domain release fee" which is the same dollar amount as renewing and hosting for another year. I've already paid for another registrar & host and do not want to do business with Doteasy any longer. Repeated messages to support & a phone call have failed to resolve this issue.

mc32
6/21/11

Dot Easy again recently charged my credit-card when I am not longer the billing party for the domain.
Nice to stupid to review their own records . They want me to get a refund from the new domain owner. When they claim the website changed hands months ago. They charged my account Last week.
Thanks Richard from customer disservice/EasyBox
Affiliates
Support
Contact Us

NOTE: If you believe this Case has been completed, please consider to Close & Rate This Case

upcbelviderenj.org I am in need of cancelling the charge for renewl of the domain. The Church has indicated they were to remove my credit card info as of Last year. I am no longer afiliated with upcbelviderenj.org (7)Case #627761-981938060Domain Name: upcbelviderenj.org
expand allÞ

Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>Mar 07 09:27 AM (3 months)
DoteasyTo: Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>Mar 07 03:25 PM (3 months)
Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>Jun 18 07:30 PM (3 days)
DoteasyTo: Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>Jun 20 08:46 AM (1 day)
Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>Jun 20 03:20 PM (1 day)
William,
What information in addition to the date of the withdrawls by your company
do you seek?
My last email gave you the date and amount and the name the account was
under. Do you have more that is required? Since it is your company doing
the withdrawals WITHOUT permission"Should I need to forgo the contact
tomorrow for fraudulent and unauthorized use of my card?
I will do so with the bank and the FCC fraudulent web division as you seem
unwilling to look at the Doteasy transactions.
Let me know asap. I am leaving at 10am tomorrow for my new job and will
start the process with the bank and federal communications,at that time.
Please be aware any and all time and moneys incurred as a loss will also
be deemed as recoverable expenses.
Mark Cook
DoteasyTo: Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>10:18 AM (11 hours)
Hello Mark,

My name is Richard and I am the Doteasy Customer Support Supervisor.

Until April 19th, 2011, this account was under the name of Mark Cook. All payments were processed according to our "Service Terms & Conditions". For the US$45 hosting renewal fee, we have sent email notifications to your email address (cook.mark@comcast.net) in January and February. And for the US$25 domain renewal fee, you subscribed to domain auto-renew option in 2009 when you signed up for this account.

At the moment, Sarah Weisiger is the new owner and the credit card information was also updated. To resolve this billing issue, please contact her or the church to get reimbursement. We are unable to offer any refunds for these payments.

Regards,

Richard
Doteasy Customer Service
"Join the hosting revolution!"

Consolidated, centralized help 24/7. Doteasy Support Centre. Get hosting help now.

Mark Cook <wecookies@comcast.net>09:30 PM (0 min)
Richard;
Contact to the Federal Fraud division of the FCC has taken place. Tomorrow
I will be contacting my bank for charges against your web site for the
previous noted charges as of JUNE 17th. You have fraudulently charged my
account . NOT IN FEB but just last week. Can you not review your own
company records. Can there be no one with the authority and insight to
READ what has been documented to you?
Please refund the moneys or your new client will be also charged with
aiding in the unauthorized use of my funds.
Mark Cook