US Government's NSF

Categories: Business, Job, Recruiting
410 Cambridge Ave, 2nd Floor
new york, New York, United States
Contact@doostang.com

People interested in Doostang are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

kaseyp

don't think I got any responses from the older job postings. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jaredg
8/3/15

They had no premium jobs, even had less jobs than free sites like indeed or e-financial.

charlesr44
8/3/15

I had applied for a job through Doostang, and was somewhat irritated when the response I received was a critique of my resume. I came across these reviews, and see that many others have experienced the same thing. From my perspective, I would never do business with them on the basis of the false advertising (of "jobs") alone.

Having said that, I'll tell my story. I've just recently finished my Master of Accounting degree. I have been searching for jobs for about a year now, and have had my resume reviewed by several reputable service. These include the Career Services center of my university, representatives from the Georgia Society of CPA's, and even 2 retired partners from Big 4 accounting firms. Literally NONE of these reviews line up with the "review" that was sent to me by Doostang.

For anyone who may be considering this service, do yourself one favor. Take a phrase or two from the first paragraph. Copy and paste that into Google. When I did this, I found numerous "reviews" of resume where the 1st paragraph was a word for word duplication of what I had in the "critique" that Sebastian King sent to me.

Thanks, but no thanks.

lorealh
7/29/15

Nicole was assigned to be my writer and she was awesome. She really paid attention to my requests and needs for my resume. And the best part is she finished my resume before the expected date. The resume was so stinking good that I only wanted very minor changes. So I was able to start applying to jobs as soon as two days from the time I submitted my request. And within the same week I was called for 2 interviews. This company really delivers on what it promises.

ronm52
7/3/15

I went into this with hesitancy but kept hearing they do a nice job with high tuning of resumes. The site ensured one would increase job interview increases, but I saw no difference between my previous resume and Doostang resume.

rk48
3/6/15

They state that they have qualified writers from all industries and professions. If you are looking in a career for; Administration, office, HR, Accounting etc. then maybe. Any specialized career such as Bio, Medical, Health & Safety, transitioning from A distinguished Military career, Emergency Services, not so much. I tried to speak to my writer personally, verbally, to clarify technical terminology, procedures, policies and was sent an email that stated they do not do that. I had to correct fragmented statements, sentences that were confusing (most likely due to lack of experience in filed) and they encouraged me to feel free to overhaul their draft myself (thought that is why I pay them). Drafts of resume were not satisfactory and their response was that " these are the terms of your agreement". I saved all my email correspondence with them, knowing that I will probably need them in the future. Their last communication was to put resume out-there and see responses. Nothing as of yet. (I am a experienced and award winning professional with over 18 years within a specialized field, looking to transition). Was hoping for a professional service were I could polish up where need be within resume.

I am sure that their writers most likely work from home and so phone conversations are non-existent. Bottom line, if your new to the job market and need a formal resume, that looks good, and properly formatted, then go with the least expensive route. I would not use them again or refer them.

Tip for consumers: Be careful.

tonyab4
1/16/15

I was very excited when I received my new resume. The formatting was beautiful and the wording was professional and added a bit of flair to my resume. It was worth every penny that I spent. I am extremely happy with my finished product.

conniel26
12/31/14

I applied for a job that fits my resume. After applying, I recieved an email that said the job posting was closed. Flag 1, agencies and job posting sites do not do this. Posts expire when the employer or agency entering them post expiry dates to them, and posts are removed on that day. Flag 2, recieved email about free resume check without signing up and asking for it. Flag 3, Sebastian King replied with feedback on my resume about not passing 30 second reading rule. You can take the comments and adjust but it's not worth buying. This site is designed to sell this service and doesn't post real jobs. Scam. I've used the same resume to get the right jobs that fit what I'm looking for and was in co-op where they train you on writing resumes. The site lures you in with fake job postings. Red flag.

Tip for consumers: Scam. Easy to write your own resume.

susanm98
12/26/14

This company does not provide you the services they advertise for. I purchased the Resume Service and all they did was reformat my original one. When you try to reach out to someone for the "promised" CONVERSATION they only communicate by email. How can anyone really get to know you by email?? It was awful. I would not recommend this service to anyone. If the company would only refund me my money I would be happy!

irinac
10/28/14

Best Company to deal with ever!!!!!!!
100% satisfied and impressed! Absolutely wonderful jobs(3 projects: resume, cover letter and Linkedln profile)!!! Prompt responses, professional people, all 3 projects finished before the dead line!
Very,very impressed, HARDLY RECOMANDED!
I will never use anybody else than DOOSTANG!!!

joela16
10/14/14

I used the Doostang resume writing service after receiving a fairly good critique of my resume. For my $150, I received back... the same resume I sent in. Doostang's "professional resume writer" literally did not change a word of my resume. They added a summary paragraph that was so generic as to be useless, dropped it into a new template, and that was it. Not a word from the critique was actually taken into account. Worse, they simply deleted some of the important information on my resume. What I received back was useless. I am trying to get my money back.

aleksa140
9/26/14

Total crap, paid $400 and never got a resume.

steveng37
9/5/14

I find it interesting that people either love or hate this service. Perhaps it depends on the person who reviews your resume. I personally got awesome, detailed feedback which has not only improved my resume tenfold, it's changed the way I present myself overall.

maryr61
8/8/14

I am really always clueless into making resumes and cover letters. I have no guide or no sure help into making them. I feel like I might be missing something that people are not noticing. When Doostang reviewed my resume for free, I feel like they confirmed my suspicion. So I decided to ask them to re-write my resume and I am very satisfied in the outcome. I feel like now I have a clue as to what do to, what to write etc.... Thank You Doostang! :)

rodb15
8/8/14

Doostang re-wrote my resume and shortly after posting it online, the calls came pouring in. Recruiters noticed it more than they ever noticed my (what I assumed was well-written) existing resume. It's expensive, but the results were noticible.

nikkib15
8/8/14

I am very pleased with the final version of my resume and cover letter. The process was simple and easy. The team was very attentive and responsive. I would definitely recommend Doostang to my colleagues. If you don't have time to search google for sample resumes and rewrite the resume yourself, Doostang would be perfect for you. I was doubtful at first but I am extremely satisfied with my overall experience.

pattyn3
8/7/14

Doostang did an incredible job of taking my knowledge, experience and skills into a document of accomplishments! The questionnaire was an awesome tool to take my abilities and personalize them to me and my industry. Thanks a lot Doostang and Sebastian, love my resume and cover letter!

ch9782
8/7/14

Total scam. Did anyone receive a glaring review about their resume? Of course not. My resume was put together by a professional and reviewed by my COO as it is sent to clients for consultant services. Still, they told me basically it was garbage and I'd have to start over. Funny enough, I'm not sure if it's because of my position but they are charging me $400... Ok???! No thanks. oh yeah, and their jobs... scam too.

claytonm21
8/6/14

Oh my God, was I pleased to read that everyone had the same experience as I did. I applied to a job utilizing their website and signed up for their "free" resume critique. I put "free" in quotes because it seems like nobody actually receives an outstanding review in which their resume is spectacular, at least from the reviews listed here. Mine, like others, were bland, robotic, and didn't really seem to understand the jobs I was applying for. They also said I should write more because my resume didn't have enough summaries on it but by adding more writing my resume would be easier to read? What? How does that make any sense? My resume has been reviewed by professionals in my field and I've gotten jobs because of it. So, this resume review isn't free because they tell you that your resume sucks and you would benefit from paying them $190 to upgrade your resume. Thanks but no thanks.

barta13
7/30/14

Basically their "Free Resume Critique" tells you your resume is bad and preventing you from getting hired while being just vague enough to make you think they actually read your resume instead of putting it through a computer program. Now, with your confidence at a low point, they are nice enough to offer you a resume critique for the low, low price of $350! Or you could just Google sample resumes and write your own, since you know you better than they ever could ...

davew53
7/28/14

These guys might work for sales and marketing but Doostang doesn't have a clue how to write a resume for an engineer or professional. They have been a total disaster and I can't get anyone a Doostang to call me to discuss a refund. They are hiding behind private website addresses so you can't write and demand a refund.

They keep trying to fix this and it's getting worse and worse. I'm an electrical engineer and I have 30 patents in cell phone technology. I also did some work in broadband over electric technology. Somehow from that they put this line in my resume as my key skills:

"Advise media companies, law firms, and public agencies on the advantage of broadband over powerline technology,"

gisellel
7/7/14

It all started with a quick review of my résumé...the résumé critique was so on point it and honest it was like reading my mind of what I thought my résumé needed and that was some uniqueness and variety. Sebastian was of great help and convinced me that my résumé should stand out from the rest and get me the job I want and that's exactly what I wanted. I fell in love with my résumé and cover letter! My résumé writer Rita did an amazing job with my résumé. They allowed to make any corrections to make your résumé look exactly how u want it to look. Doostang staff were so professional and thorough and articulate! I don't think I could've done it all by myself. My money was well invested !!!

papayawb
7/7/14

Pretty solid resume writing. I was very pleased with the final outcome of my resume and would actually recommend them outside. My rep was always on time with responding back.

vanessac9
6/26/14

This scam is good for a laugh at least. Submitted my resume for free review, as has been said before, it's an automated sales-pitch generator, that picks out key phrases. The sales pitch I received was sure to mention over an over again that they could get me a job that was listed on my resume as ongoing. I already have a job as that, and my resume clearly states I'm looking for a steady job in a different field, and continuing that one on the side. If it is reviewed by a live person, I certainly wouldn't pay them almost $200 to redo my resume, if they are that incapable of reading comprehension. They also urged me to list accomplishments on a resume full of temp jobs. Yeah. ok.

Tip for consumers: If you have tons of disposable money to literally throw away, then go for it.

johnm323
6/25/14

WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Do yourself a favor and spend the money to have Doostang update/create your resume. The team at Doostang fairly assessed the weaknesses of my resume. Joe did a fantastic job taking my basic resume and creating one that stands out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Joe could convey my technical accomplishments and skills in a manner that was professional and charismatic. I sincerely believe that the new resume gives me a significantly better chance of having my resume submitted to a hiring manager.

megh53
6/23/14

SO worth it! I was torn about the price, but it is definitely worth it. The turnaround time was incredible, and I was shocked by the improvement in even the first draft, with minimal feedback from me. I couldn't believe that it was actually my resume. The effects will be long-lasting as well, as I will be able to keep up to date on my own for years to come. I'd highly recommend to anyone who is in any stage of a job search, or even just as general career fitness to have on file in case an opportunity arises.

johnb293
6/16/14

Working with Sebastian's team was a great experience.. quick responses and an overall incredible job with my resume. They were able to provide feedback on why the resume was redone as it was, what employers sought and omitted the items that were not really pertinent to the current market. They asked me what i liked about my resume and kept most of that while updating the important parts with previous job information that made the resume really communicate my capacities and successes.
thank you .. I strongly recommend this team for others

anthonys67
6/14/14

I was truly pleased with my resume and the level of service I received. I was by far not disappointed whatsoever. The turnaround and price was outstanding. True professionals. I would recommend Doostang resume to everyone that desires an outstanding resume with little price and a fast turnaround.

johny49
6/13/14

"My First reaction was WOW, when I read the "first draft!" I really wasn't sure they would be able to take what I sent them and craft it in such a way that it would be substantially different. My expectation was an incremental improvement over what I had, but they really took it to another level; I really am wow'd!" The service I received and response times were superb.

catc7
6/13/14

I had a wonderful experience with Doostang. I felt like they knew exactly how to elevate my resume and make the look and feel more professional, and I'm happy to present it to employers now! They were also very timely, and responded quickly after the suggestions and ideas I had.
I would definitely refer my friends to Doostang!

claireg10

A scam, unfortunately.
I signed up for the linkedin profile re-write, expecting a standard CV/profile rewrite service.
What they did is, literally, copy-paste the resume that I provided them. in an email. Word for word, spelling mistakes included. And send this email back to me. They send me back my own resume.

As I asked for an immediate refund, the doorstang contact ('sebastian.king') was only able to automatically respond, over and over, that no refund is being made. As per the terms we signed up for.
Yes, this is truly a scam.

What to do now? Thank god the CEOs and execs profiles are on linkedin, so there is a way to reach out and complain. Such a waste of energy on top of money (99USD for a copy-paste, after their 'discount')

kirkt10
6/12/14

Doostang was professional from the start. Providing me detailed feedback and suggestions to make my resume top notch. They did an amazing job with my resume and cover letter, they accomplished something that I could not do. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to putting my resume to work.

sandras46
6/12/14

I found myself riffed after 30 years of service. I had put together what I thought was a good resume. I sent out about 30 resumes but had not received a single reply. Doostang offered a FREE evaluation of my resume. Their feedback was specific and were they correct. I decided to utilize their service for both my cover letter and resume. After only three days using their cover letter and resume I started receiving phone interviews. I have also received calls directly from hiring managers. They did a very professional job and I am already seeing the results. It has restored my confidence in my ability to find that new challenge that awaits. I know you won't be disappointed, I wasn't.

jamesh119
5/20/14

Professional Resume Service personnel delivered what they said when they said. They transformed my resume from a task oriented structured resume into one that highlighted my strengths and achievements. Resume looks much more professional than ever before. Thanks!

renen3
5/18/14

I was very impressed with my new CV that I got from Doostang. It looks more professional and is focused on specific achievements that I managed over my career so far. The cover letter is well formattede and is very well worded. I can recommend.

jacquelinem5
5/17/14

I am extremely pleased with my resume and cover letter now. they look professional, with a strong presence and power. Which was what I was missing all this time. I even received the second and basically final version, days before the committed deadline. Sebastian did a great job identifying Jerry, who is an excellent writer for me. I recommend them anytime. I say money well spent. If with this I can't nail an interview or a job, then the problem is ME :)
Good luck you all.

fernandod6
5/16/14

This was a great choice .... These folks are super professional and my résumé looks great. I have been putting off spending the money and looked at a lot of cosines. I am so glad I went with Doostang. I can't believe what a transformation. Great communication. My writer and account exec were great. Thank you

josephp32

5/16/14
I made use of the Doostang professional resume rewriting service. It was truly exceptional! I sent them a lot of raw information and my current resume, and there were able to digest all the info and produce a beautiful, very professional resume. The writer was very responsive and incorporated my feedback and suggestions very quickly. I was very happy with the service. It's a very good value for the money, and an important investment for someone to make before they spend a lot of time applying for jobs. I highly recommend the service.

leon969
5/16/14

In one word: "transformative." I got an immediate lift in qualified contacts volume once I switched to the resume edited by Doostang. They seem to understand how recruiters search for resumes online (I suspect it's similar to SEO strategies). And perhaps the true value of this type of service is to have a qualified and unbiased editor to help you see your career with fresh eyes. Last, not least, Doostang has a very responsive support service. I absolutely recommend it.

denised20
5/16/14

I was totally impressed with the service I received and outcome of my new resume. They zone in on what the key factors were and summarized better than I could have imagine. Wonderful Company and Excellent services. I highly recommend anyone who needs a revised resume to use this services.

carlosp15
5/15/14

Doogstang did a great job with my resume, I am so happy with the final result.
They incorporated all my commentaries and feedback, the language and the presentation was much better than my version of the resume.
I strongly recommend the service.

scotts86
5/13/14

This is a scam. I'm not sure where they get their job postings, but my wife and I each applied for positions sponsored by Doostang that seemed exactly in line with our experience. After submitting an application we each got a message that the position was no longer open and then they tried selling us their professional resume writing package. They initially send a free critique along with the sales pitch. Both of our critiques were exactly the same with no specific information. They must use a scanner, word recognition then fill in a form letter with a job title that matches your resume. Neither of us bought the resume package, so I can't speak for how good of a job they may actually do, I just don't appreciate the bait and switch where they dangle the 'perfect job' in front of you that either doesn't exist or is no longer an active post just for a sales pitch.

svenf5
5/10/14

Dealing with the staff at doostang was a pleasure, communication was precise, and punctual.
The resume was fantastic, I was so impressed I then had them write my cover letter, something I have always struggled with writing. The cover letter matched the resume in style and substance, it looked really great!
Sebastian, and Brooke really did an outstanding job.

mayteo
5/9/14

I am mid-senior level marketing executive and am very pleased with the outcome of the process and development for the resume with Doostang.com

The layout was incredible with an impecable introduction paragraph that was concise however reflected all my years of work experience.

I would definitely recommend doostang.com to friends.

johnr154
5/9/14

"Action" is very important in presenting yourself to a potential employer through your resume. Unfortunately my old-school resume was very active in its own way...active at killing employment prospects!

The folks at Doostang reviewed my resume and suggested a change of attitude for it. After just one week I had a new attitude courtesy of my dedicated resume writer! And within the next two weeks, I received four invitations for interviews. I appreciate the direct approach they took with me and love the right sort of action they brought to my old clunker of a resume.

Thank you for a great jump start!

frankf20
5/8/14

I am a college student. And since I switched my major, I had trouble to rewrite my resume. My friend suggested me the Doostang, and I started to contact to them. They firstly gave me some sample to let me see their master pieces. And then I decided to use their service. My assigned writer kept contacting me in order to better customize the resume and cover letter for me. ANC finally they sent me a qualified resume and cover letter to me on time.

giovannil7
5/8/14

They are awesome. As a person who does resumes for other people, I was very happy with the recommendations I received and actually decided to purchase the re-write. It is so hard to critique your own resume. I am truly grateful to them, and so happy with my decision. The process is effortless, the staff is supportive, and the writers are experienced and talented.

rhondab16
5/8/14

I tried revamping my resume on my own, but knew I needed professional help with it. I came across Doorstang looking for a job and when they sent me an email about their professional resume writing services and even had a discounted offer, I took advantage of it. I'm glad I did, as I have been getting some interviews now and so impressed with the outcome. They were so prompt and the final result exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

annas66
5/8/14

Originally, I ended up on Doostang looking for jobs, not a resume rewrite. I had had a professional resume done about two years ago and had not been particularly impressed by it. I thought the rewrite ended up sounding very cheesy and contrived. However, when I signed up with doostang and received their free critique, I was tempted. The problems they pointed out were the same that I saw in the current draft. I took the chance and had the rewrite done. I'm very happy that I did. The resume I received has a really striking professional appearance. It's definitely eye catching. My resume writer was very prompt in getting back to me, and stuck with it until I was 100% happy with the results. The content change is the best part.I feel like in the rewrite, information is re-organized for the greI'm impact. The language is strong without sounding like a uses car salesman. Love it. Thanks Doostang.

emilyw23
5/8/14

I wasn't looking for a resume-writing service when I stumbled onto Doostang. I was searching for jobs actually somehow through the web rabbit hole, I ended up looking at this site. I was on the fence about using a resume writing service, but decided to invest the money and see what they could do with mine.

The team was prompt at responding- I received a Thank you email immediately and was followed by an email letting me know someone would be assigned to look through my resume and get in touch. a day or two later, I heard from the person who would be writing for me. She completed my resume in a few days and had to me well within the first week in case I saw a need for any changes. The service was incredibly prompt and personal. I recommend them if you have a real need top freshen up your resume.

cirrusc
3/31/14

I can summarize with one word... WOW!

It has been a long time since I have recieved such wonderful and prompt service. I was on a deadline and my writer, Joe, really came through for me. Even over the weekend, when I would expect any other service provider to not even respond until working hours. I had my draft within a day and my revisions addresses withing hours. Absolutely wonderful work too!