US Government's NSF

Contact@doostang.com

56 Reviews for Doostang.com

▼ Sort by: recent

8/8/14

I am really always clueless into making resumes and cover letters. I have no guide or no sure help into making them. I feel like I might be missing something that people are not noticing. When Doostang reviewed my resume for free, I feel like they confirmed my suspicion. So I decided to ask them to re-write my resume and I am very satisfied in the outcome. I feel like now I have a clue as to what do to, what to write etc.... Thank You Doostang! :)

8/8/14

Doostang re-wrote my resume and shortly after posting it online, the calls came pouring in. Recruiters noticed it more than they ever noticed my (what I assumed was well-written) existing resume. It's expensive, but the results were noticible.

8/8/14

I am very pleased with the final version of my resume and cover letter. The process was simple and easy. The team was very attentive and responsive. I would definitely recommend Doostang to my colleagues. If you don't have time to search google for sample resumes and rewrite the resume yourself, Doostang would be perfect for you. I was doubtful at first but I am extremely satisfied with my overall experience.

8/7/14

Doostang did an incredible job of taking my knowledge, experience and skills into a document of accomplishments! The questionnaire was an awesome tool to take my abilities and personalize them to me and my industry. Thanks a lot Doostang and Sebastian, love my resume and cover letter!

8/7/14

Total scam. Did anyone receive a glaring review about their resume? Of course not. My resume was put together by a professional and reviewed by my COO as it is sent to clients for consultant services. Still, they told me basically it was garbage and I'd have to start over. Funny enough, I'm not sure if it's because of my position but they are charging me $400... Ok???! No thanks. oh yeah, and their jobs... scam too.

8/6/14

Oh my God, was I pleased to read that everyone had the same experience as I did. I applied to a job utilizing their website and signed up for their "free" resume critique. I put "free" in quotes because it seems like nobody actually receives an outstanding review in which their resume is spectacular, at least from the reviews listed here. Mine, like others, were bland, robotic, and didn't really seem to understand the jobs I was applying for. They also said I should write more because my resume didn't have enough summaries on it but by adding more writing my resume would be easier to read? What? How does that make any sense? My resume has been reviewed by professionals in my field and I've gotten jobs because of it. So, this resume review isn't free because they tell you that your resume sucks and you would benefit from paying them $190 to upgrade your resume. Thanks but no thanks.

7/30/14

Basically their "Free Resume Critique" tells you your resume is bad and preventing you from getting hired while being just vague enough to make you think they actually read your resume instead of putting it through a computer program. Now, with your confidence at a low point, they are nice enough to offer you a resume critique for the low, low price of $350! Or you could just Google sample resumes and write your own, since you know you better than they ever could ...

7/28/14

These guys might work for sales and marketing but Doostang doesn't have a clue how to write a resume for an engineer or professional. They have been a total disaster and I can't get anyone a Doostang to call me to discuss a refund. They are hiding behind private website addresses so you can't write and demand a refund.

They keep trying to fix this and it's getting worse and worse. I'm an electrical engineer and I have 30 patents in cell phone technology. I also did some work in broadband over electric technology. Somehow from that they put this line in my resume as my key skills:

"Advise media companies, law firms, and public agencies on the advantage of broadband over powerline technology,"

7/7/14

It all started with a quick review of my résumé...the résumé critique was so on point it and honest it was like reading my mind of what I thought my résumé needed and that was some uniqueness and variety. Sebastian was of great help and convinced me that my résumé should stand out from the rest and get me the job I want and that's exactly what I wanted. I fell in love with my résumé and cover letter! My résumé writer Rita did an amazing job with my résumé. They allowed to make any corrections to make your résumé look exactly how u want it to look. Doostang staff were so professional and thorough and articulate! I don't think I could've done it all by myself. My money was well invested !!!

7/7/14

Pretty solid resume writing. I was very pleased with the final outcome of my resume and would actually recommend them outside. My rep was always on time with responding back.

6/26/14

This scam is good for a laugh at least. Submitted my resume for free review, and has been said before, it's an automated sales-pitch generator, that picks out key phrases. The sales pitch I received was sure to mention over an over again that they could get me a job that was listed on my resume as ongoing. I already have a job as that, and my resume clearly states I'm looking for a steady job in a different field, and continuing that one on the side. If it is reviewed by a live person, I certainly wouldn't pay them almost $200 to redo my resume, if they are that incapable of reading comprehension. They also urged me to list accomplishments on a resume full of temp jobs. Yeah. ok.

6/25/14

WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Do yourself a favor and spend the money to have Doostang update/create your resume. The team at Doostang fairly assessed the weaknesses of my resume. Joe did a fantastic job taking my basic resume and creating one that stands out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Joe could convey my technical accomplishments and skills in a manner that was professional and charismatic. I sincerely believe that the new resume gives me a significantly better chance of having my resume submitted to a hiring manager.

6/13/14

I had a wonderful experience with Doostang. I felt like they knew exactly how to elevate my resume and make the look and feel more professional, and I'm happy to present it to employers now! They were also very timely, and responded quickly after the suggestions and ideas I had.
I would definitely refer my friends to Doostang!

6/12/14

A scam, unfortunately.
I signed up for the linkedin profile re-write, expecting a standard CV/profile rewrite service.
What they did is, literally, copy-paste the resume that I provided them. in an email. Word for word, spelling mistakes included. And send this email back to me. They send me back my own resume.

As I asked for an immediate refund, the doorstang contact ('sebastian.king') was only able to automatically respond, over and over, that no refund is being made. As per the terms we signed up for.
Yes, this is truly a scam.

What to do now? Thank god the CEOs and execs profiles are on linkedin, so there is a way to reach out and complain. Such a waste of energy on top of money (99USD for a copy-paste, after their 'discount')

6/12/14

Doostang was professional from the start. Providing me detailed feedback and suggestions to make my resume top notch. They did an amazing job with my resume and cover letter, they accomplished something that I could not do. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to putting my resume to work.

5/20/14

Professional Resume Service personnel delivered what they said when they said. They transformed my resume from a task oriented structured resume into one that highlighted my strengths and achievements. Resume looks much more professional than ever before. Thanks!

5/18/14

I was very impressed with my new CV that I got from Doostang. It looks more professional and is focused on specific achievements that I managed over my career so far. The cover letter is well formattede and is very well worded. I can recommend.

5/17/14

I am extremely pleased with my resume and cover letter now. they look professional, with a strong presence and power. Which was what I was missing all this time. I even received the second and basically final version, days before the committed deadline. Sebastian did a great job identifying Jerry, who is an excellent writer for me. I recommend them anytime. I say money well spent. If with this I can't nail an interview or a job, then the problem is ME :)
Good luck you all.

5/16/14

I was totally impressed with the service I received and outcome of my new resume. They zone in on what the key factors were and summarized better than I could have imagine. Wonderful Company and Excellent services. I highly recommend anyone who needs a revised resume to use this services.

5/13/14

This is a scam. I'm not sure where they get their job postings, but my wife and I each applied for positions sponsored by Doostang that seemed exactly in line with our experience. After submitting an application we each got a message that the position was no longer open and then they tried selling us their professional resume writing package. They initially send a free critique along with the sales pitch. Both of our critiques were exactly the same with no specific information. They must use a scanner, word recognition then fill in a form letter with a job title that matches your resume. Neither of us bought the resume package, so I can't speak for how good of a job they may actually do, I just don't appreciate the bait and switch where they dangle the 'perfect job' in front of you that either doesn't exist or is no longer an active post just for a sales pitch.

5/9/14

I am mid-senior level marketing executive and am very pleased with the outcome of the process and development for the resume with Doostang.com

The layout was incredible with an impecable introduction paragraph that was concise however reflected all my years of work experience.

I would definitely recommend doostang.com to friends.

5/8/14

I am a college student. And since I switched my major, I had trouble to rewrite my resume. My friend suggested me the Doostang, and I started to contact to them. They firstly gave me some sample to let me see their master pieces. And then I decided to use their service. My assigned writer kept contacting me in order to better customize the resume and cover letter for me. ANC finally they sent me a qualified resume and cover letter to me on time.

5/8/14

I wasn't looking for a resume-writing service when I stumbled onto Doostang. I was searching for jobs actually somehow through the web rabbit hole, I ended up looking at this site. I was on the fence about using a resume writing service, but decided to invest the money and see what they could do with mine.

The team was prompt at responding- I received a Thank you email immediately and was followed by an email letting me know someone would be assigned to look through my resume and get in touch. a day or two later, I heard from the person who would be writing for me. She completed my resume in a few days and had to me well within the first week in case I saw a need for any changes. The service was incredibly prompt and personal. I recommend them if you have a real need top freshen up your resume.

3/29/14

I had an excellent experience with my doostang team. I was under a time constraint and they delivered as promised. My reasons for the re-write of my own attempt (at resume writing) was that the information (resume) needed to immediately convey my skills and accomplishments before the reader decided that I was "too old" . They did that in an effective/efficient way and I feel that I will get at least a "look see" before the reader considers the delete button. Would have been five stars had the price been better.

3/18/14

I decided to change career paths but really had no idea how to transfer my past experience into a relevant presentation for the change I desired. The folks at Doostang helped so much! I was amazed at how wonderful I sounded on paper. I landed an interview for the exact position I want within the first week of submitting my new resume. Working with Doostang was an invaluable investment and I would recommend them to anyone!

2/18/14

I could not have asked for more from Doostang. Natalie was a great help in helping rewrite my resume. She was personable, helpful and available. I felt like it was a very open dialogue between the two of us, which made everything that much easier. She was very professional. I would highly recommend the Doostang writing service for anyone.

2/12/14

Great value! I could not be more pleased. My new resume is more focused and does a great job of highlighting some key qualities that were hidden in prior versions. The writer was fantastic and went through several rounds of revisions to make sure I was satisfied. I highly recommend.

2/11/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Obviously, someone is being paid to give false positive reviews. Stay away at all costs. You should never be charged to apply for a job.

2/3/14

To all the writers who may have contributed on my resume..., Thank all of ya,ll.
I have been very busy and haven,t had a chance thank all the fine personnel at Doostang resumes. I know you didn,t have a lot to work with but your writing team came through with a resume I could only dream to have. Once again, thanks to all of the entire writing staff for a job very well done. BTW, I have had several compliments already on my resume.
Sincerely,
Martin Odom ROLL TIDE ROLL

2/2/14

I was very happy with the resume and the cover letter the folks at doostang.com prepared for me. The career questionnaire they provided helped me think about my experience and give meaningful answers, but they used that information to make a resume that packs much more of a punch than the one I had been using. My follow up questions were also quickly and thoughtfully answered and helped me understand why certain changes were made to my resume. These guys do a great job!

2/2/14

I was very impressed by the resume and the cover letter that was written for me. All I had to do was give some back ground information about my work experience and they did the rest for me. My resume and cover letter was complete before the deadline and I did not have to make any changes!

1/31/14

Very pleased with the attention to detail and upgrades to my original resume. The feedback process and revisions back and forth between the teams dramatically improved how my career and skillsets were highlighted. Very pleased with this company services and would recommend starting here.

1/31/14

I bought Doostang's resume review and have been recommending it to all of my friends. Applying for jobs online is like fishing - you're only going to catch something if you have good bait. Doostang gives you that bait. I also had 3 re-write opportunities with the resume writer. If I wanted something re-worked or written differently, the resume writer catered to my specific request. Worth every penny.

1/28/14

Believe me it won't help. I used Doostang when I graduated from college. I paid $40.00 per month as a member but no matter how many resumes I sent, I never heard back. After the membership expired, it still charged me every month. I did not know that until looked my credit card statement. I had been charged every month for almost one year!!!

1/14/14

They keep charging my credit card and are not authorized to do so. I only wanted to sign up for 3 months. Then they started charging me for additional months. It was not worth it. No one replies to my requests for a refund.

1/14/14

this website is a fraud, most jobs listed do not match the listings and then they illegally go in and start charging you $30 / month. I had to shut down my whole checking account to get rid of them. AND they have a non-working phone #, a fake New York address with a California zip code.

1/4/14

A nightmare and a FRAUD.
They're not legit, complete scam: they charge you forever- impound you account
$40 each month - you can't get out, and they won't refund.
Get them out of business guys - DOONSTANG is awful.

12/13/13

I signed up for the 2 day trial. After the 2 day trial they automatically signed me up for the $40 monthly subscription. What was worse, after explaining the situation they refused a refund! Very poor customer service. Personally, I question whether many of the jobs are even real.

11/12/13

Slime balls. I applied for one job through then and suddenly was getting emails trying to get me to sign up for their 40 dollars per month service. Why would I pay you when I can get better jobs for free elsewhere. Furthermore they sent me a pretty scathing review of my resume which I almost took to heart until I saw they wanted me to pay $300 to write another one. Don't pay for this site, go with a legitimate job search site! These guys are crooks. Here's hoping they go under.

10/13/13

Best selection of jobs, a lot of finance opportunities. I landed a couple of interviews through the site but ended up finding my job through my network

10/3/13

Doostang has stale job postings majority of the time. Even if the job posting is current, it is available elsewhere as well (on indeed, simplyhired, monster etc.)

I think Doostang and The Ladders are scam and should be avoided - all they want is your money and not deliver anything of value.

9/30/13

I wish I would have checked for reviews before I paid my money. This is only my second time using a resume writing service, and I would have done better sticking to the resume that I have and hoping for the best. Talk about poor writing skills! It is false that they employ highly skilled/certified resume writers. Stay away!!! Stay away!!!! Stay away!!!!!

9/18/13

They charged my credit card without my authorization. I had signed up for the 2 day trial for $9.99 and they immediately charged my credit card another $29.99 for a full month subscription which I did not want nor authorize. I contacted them and they told me that it was all written in the "small print". I was not refunded my money so I basically paid $40 for my "trial". Worst of all, the number of jobs that you cannot find on other search engines is basically zero.

8/20/13

Resume writing service was VERY disappointing. I found spelling and grammatical errors, there was another woman's name on my resume, and a date was wrong. Formatting stunk too - I was unable to print. Feeling duped for paying $300 for this service. If you're thinking of getting your resume reviewed and written, try someplace else.

7/17/13

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. DONT EVEN ATTEMPT OF GETTING HELP FROM THEM FOR RESUME, COVER LETTER OR EVEN JOB SEARCHES. BEST AY TO APPLY FOR JOBS IS THROUGH THE COMPANIES MAIN SITES OR FREE JOB ENGINES. RIGHT NOW EVERYONE ARE FOR THEMSELVES TRYING TO MAKE QUICK MONEY.

Doostang.com BLOCK IT FROM YOUR INTERNET BROWSER.

7/11/13

Applied to many jobs on this website and it seemed my resume went into the same internet black hole as other free sites.....but they seem to make a lot of $$ from anyone willing to sign up based on the monthly fees charged!!

1/7/13

Really cheap trick. They get you to sign up for 2 days .. so you can apply to a few places. If you forget to cancel subscription .. you're screwed. You get charged 40 dollars.. for a services you most likely won't even use for the next month. At least give people back their money.

9/7/11

Now this is a site that is lost up their own arse! I don't think they even know what they do for a living. The way they acquire members is dubious enough and then all jobs you see are entry level. Might work for some people not for me.

8/12/11

The site's contents are ok for finance. I got a couple call-backs, though none worked out for me.

I will not sign up for them in the future because they charged me under an auto-renewal plan, didn't immediately refund the full amount, then agreed (I believe per state law) to refund the full amount, and now they have started billing me again ... it has been a ridiculous effort to try to get the site to come clean and refund my money.

They apparently have a microscopic customer service staff that, while they have been responsive (fast to respond), have not really been helpful (I am still working 6 weeks later and multiple emails later and after diligently looking at my bank statements to get a full refund and not be magically added back to some sort of service involving a recurring subscription fee).

My advice: sign up and IMMEDIATELY take yourself off the recurring billing option, and get a record of email(s) to customer service having them assure you that you have been removed from all recurring subscriptions / fees for life. Then when they sign you up for a recurring subscription you didn't ask for (to meet payroll???), complain to the BBB and everywhere else you can.

12/8/10

This company is a scam, they force you to send invites to 20 of your colleagues and then you can't cancel your subscription. They expand their network of contacts by forcing you to 'pimp' their business. It's like a used car dealership...if you start work there, they pump you for family and friends who might buy a car there.

Avoid at all costs.