US Government's NSF

Contact@doostang.com

59 Reviews for Doostang.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/30/14

Basically their "Free Resume Critique" tells you your resume is bad and preventing you from getting hired while being just vague enough to make you think they actually read your resume instead of putting it through a computer program. Now, with your confidence at a low point, they are nice enough to offer you a resume critique for the low, low price of $350! Or you could just Google sample resumes and write your own, since you know you better than they ever could ...

7/28/14

These guys might work for sales and marketing but Doostang doesn't have a clue how to write a resume for an engineer or professional. They have been a total disaster and I can't get anyone a Doostang to call me to discuss a refund. They are hiding behind private website addresses so you can't write and demand a refund.

They keep trying to fix this and it's getting worse and worse. I'm an electrical engineer and I have 30 patents in cell phone technology. I also did some work in broadband over electric technology. Somehow from that they put this line in my resume as my key skills:

"Advise media companies, law firms, and public agencies on the advantage of broadband over powerline technology,"

7/7/14

It all started with a quick review of my résumé...the résumé critique was so on point it and honest it was like reading my mind of what I thought my résumé needed and that was some uniqueness and variety. Sebastian was of great help and convinced me that my résumé should stand out from the rest and get me the job I want and that's exactly what I wanted. I fell in love with my résumé and cover letter! My résumé writer Rita did an amazing job with my résumé. They allowed to make any corrections to make your résumé look exactly how u want it to look. Doostang staff were so professional and thorough and articulate! I don't think I could've done it all by myself. My money was well invested !!!

7/7/14

Pretty solid resume writing. I was very pleased with the final outcome of my resume and would actually recommend them outside. My rep was always on time with responding back.

6/26/14

This scam is good for a laugh at least. Submitted my resume for free review, and has been said before, it's an automated sales-pitch generator, that picks out key phrases. The sales pitch I received was sure to mention over an over again that they could get me a job that was listed on my resume as ongoing. I already have a job as that, and my resume clearly states I'm looking for a steady job in a different field, and continuing that one on the side. If it is reviewed by a live person, I certainly wouldn't pay them almost $200 to redo my resume, if they are that incapable of reading comprehension. They also urged me to list accomplishments on a resume full of temp jobs. Yeah. ok.

6/25/14

WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Do yourself a favor and spend the money to have Doostang update/create your resume. The team at Doostang fairly assessed the weaknesses of my resume. Joe did a fantastic job taking my basic resume and creating one that stands out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Joe could convey my technical accomplishments and skills in a manner that was professional and charismatic. I sincerely believe that the new resume gives me a significantly better chance of having my resume submitted to a hiring manager.

6/23/14

SO worth it! I was torn about the price, but it is definitely worth it. The turnaround time was incredible, and I was shocked by the improvement in even the first draft, with minimal feedback from me. I couldn't believe that it was actually my resume. The effects will be long-lasting as well, as I will be able to keep up to date on my own for years to come. I'd highly recommend to anyone who is in any stage of a job search, or even just as general career fitness to have on file in case an opportunity arises.

6/16/14

Working with Sebastian's team was a great experience.. quick responses and an overall incredible job with my resume. They were able to provide feedback on why the resume was redone as it was, what employers sought and omitted the items that were not really pertinent to the current market. They asked me what i liked about my resume and kept most of that while updating the important parts with previous job information that made the resume really communicate my capacities and successes.
thank you .. I strongly recommend this team for others

6/14/14

I was truly pleased with my resume and the level of service I received. I was by far not disappointed whatsoever. The turnaround and price was outstanding. True professionals. I would recommend Doostang resume to everyone that desires an outstanding resume with little price and a fast turnaround.

6/13/14

"My First reaction was WOW, when I read the "first draft!" I really wasn't sure they would be able to take what I sent them and craft it in such a way that it would be substantially different. My expectation was an incremental improvement over what I had, but they really took it to another level; I really am wow'd!" The service I received and response times were superb.

6/13/14

I had a wonderful experience with Doostang. I felt like they knew exactly how to elevate my resume and make the look and feel more professional, and I'm happy to present it to employers now! They were also very timely, and responded quickly after the suggestions and ideas I had.
I would definitely refer my friends to Doostang!

A scam, unfortunately.
I signed up for the linkedin profile re-write, expecting a standard CV/profile rewrite service.
What they did is, literally, copy-paste the resume that I provided them. in an email. Word for word, spelling mistakes included. And send this email back to me. They send me back my own resume.

As I asked for an immediate refund, the doorstang contact ('sebastian.king') was only able to automatically respond, over and over, that no refund is being made. As per the terms we signed up for.
Yes, this is truly a scam.

What to do now? Thank god the CEOs and execs profiles are on linkedin, so there is a way to reach out and complain. Such a waste of energy on top of money (99USD for a copy-paste, after their 'discount')

6/12/14

Doostang was professional from the start. Providing me detailed feedback and suggestions to make my resume top notch. They did an amazing job with my resume and cover letter, they accomplished something that I could not do. Thank you so much and I am looking forward to putting my resume to work.

6/12/14

I found myself riffed after 30 years of service. I had put together what I thought was a good resume. I sent out about 30 resumes but had not received a single reply. Doostang offered a FREE evaluation of my resume. Their feedback was specific and were they correct. I decided to utilize their service for both my cover letter and resume. After only three days using their cover letter and resume I started receiving phone interviews. I have also received calls directly from hiring managers. They did a very professional job and I am already seeing the results. It has restored my confidence in my ability to find that new challenge that awaits. I know you won't be disappointed, I wasn't.

5/18/14

I was very impressed with my new CV that I got from Doostang. It looks more professional and is focused on specific achievements that I managed over my career so far. The cover letter is well formattede and is very well worded. I can recommend.

5/16/14

This was a great choice .... These folks are super professional and my résumé looks great. I have been putting off spending the money and looked at a lot of cosines. I am so glad I went with Doostang. I can't believe what a transformation. Great communication. My writer and account exec were great. Thank you

5/16/14
I made use of the Doostang professional resume rewriting service. It was truly exceptional! I sent them a lot of raw information and my current resume, and there were able to digest all the info and produce a beautiful, very professional resume. The writer was very responsive and incorporated my feedback and suggestions very quickly. I was very happy with the service. It's a very good value for the money, and an important investment for someone to make before they spend a lot of time applying for jobs. I highly recommend the service.

5/13/14

This is a scam. I'm not sure where they get their job postings, but my wife and I each applied for positions sponsored by Doostang that seemed exactly in line with our experience. After submitting an application we each got a message that the position was no longer open and then they tried selling us their professional resume writing package. They initially send a free critique along with the sales pitch. Both of our critiques were exactly the same with no specific information. They must use a scanner, word recognition then fill in a form letter with a job title that matches your resume. Neither of us bought the resume package, so I can't speak for how good of a job they may actually do, I just don't appreciate the bait and switch where they dangle the 'perfect job' in front of you that either doesn't exist or is no longer an active post just for a sales pitch.

5/10/14

Dealing with the staff at doostang was a pleasure, communication was precise, and punctual.
The resume was fantastic, I was so impressed I then had them write my cover letter, something I have always struggled with writing. The cover letter matched the resume in style and substance, it looked really great!
Sebastian, and Brooke really did an outstanding job.

5/9/14

"Action" is very important in presenting yourself to a potential employer through your resume. Unfortunately my old-school resume was very active in its own way...active at killing employment prospects!

The folks at Doostang reviewed my resume and suggested a change of attitude for it. After just one week I had a new attitude courtesy of my dedicated resume writer! And within the next two weeks, I received four invitations for interviews. I appreciate the direct approach they took with me and love the right sort of action they brought to my old clunker of a resume.

Thank you for a great jump start!

5/8/14

They are awesome. As a person who does resumes for other people, I was very happy with the recommendations I received and actually decided to purchase the re-write. It is so hard to critique your own resume. I am truly grateful to them, and so happy with my decision. The process is effortless, the staff is supportive, and the writers are experienced and talented.

5/8/14

I wasn't looking for a resume-writing service when I stumbled onto Doostang. I was searching for jobs actually somehow through the web rabbit hole, I ended up looking at this site. I was on the fence about using a resume writing service, but decided to invest the money and see what they could do with mine.

The team was prompt at responding- I received a Thank you email immediately and was followed by an email letting me know someone would be assigned to look through my resume and get in touch. a day or two later, I heard from the person who would be writing for me. She completed my resume in a few days and had to me well within the first week in case I saw a need for any changes. The service was incredibly prompt and personal. I recommend them if you have a real need top freshen up your resume.

3/29/14

Doostang is the best resume creation site there is! I was fortunate to work with Laura who was not only gave my resume (that wasn't updated in eons) a much needed makeover in a matter of few days but was also kind enough to incorporate my feedback into the final version. Laura also had an eye for resume usability and readability that resulted in a final version of the resume that exceeded my expectations! I would not hesitate to recommend Doostang to others - my experience with this company has been outstanding. Thanks to Laura and Seb!

3/29/14

I had an excellent experience with my doostang team. I was under a time constraint and they delivered as promised. My reasons for the re-write of my own attempt (at resume writing) was that the information (resume) needed to immediately convey my skills and accomplishments before the reader decided that I was "too old" . They did that in an effective/efficient way and I feel that I will get at least a "look see" before the reader considers the delete button. Would have been five stars had the price been better.

3/19/14

The Doostang Team were very one on one with me. I felt as if I were their only client - feeling like a priority all the time. It was very personal and the experience and process was not tedious at all. My questions were answered reasonably quickly and everything made clear to me. My resulting resume was flawless!!

3/8/14

I Was looking for I-Banking, Corporate Finance/Strategy, and other related opportunities in the Seattle area. Was concerned the Seattle area may not offer many such opportunities, but luckily found one on Doostang. Was invited to interview and eventually was offered the job. I am looking forward to the new career opportunity.

Only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because I don't want the whole world to know just yet...once 'everyone knows', then it won't be as 'easy' to use Doostang to find the next good job...

2/23/14

doostang.com has been very helpful in me updating my resume. Sabastian King answered all my questions very professional which helped me move forward with Doostang.com assistance. I was assigned Jerry and he too was very professional and helpful. I was given recommendations/suggestions to improve my resume. The follow up from Jerry and Sabastian was prompt and very understanding of the importance for having the most accurate and detailed resume to help in getting employment. I would recommend doostang.com, Sebastian and Jerry to any one that wants to improve their chances of finding the right job for them. Thank you.

2/18/14

The resume writer assigned to me was personable and professional. She did a nice job taking my information and formatting it into a clean, well-thought-out document. After we'd concluded our time together, I was not completely happy with some of the verb tenses used under my current position but decided I could adjust those myself. A couple days later the resume writer contacted me unsolicited and told me she was unhappy about those same verb tenses. She'd made some excellent changes and emailed them to me. I was very pleased with her thoroughness and commitment to providing me with the best possible outcome.

2/11/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Obviously, someone is being paid to give false positive reviews. Stay away at all costs. You should never be charged to apply for a job.

2/3/14

I'm a mid-career professional with solid credentials and a resume that didn't pass the 30 second test. I really got a lot out of the review and critique. The reviewer was honest and his observations relevant. My old resume was crowded, task oriented and unfocused. I only needed one edit, and was pleased to talk my writer through the changes. My new resume is shorter, succinct, and worded in a way that translates the tasks to relevant accomplishments. Very good investment.

2/2/14

I was very impressed by the resume and the cover letter that was written for me. All I had to do was give some back ground information about my work experience and they did the rest for me. My resume and cover letter was complete before the deadline and I did not have to make any changes!

2/2/14

Very pleased with the attention to detail and upgrades to my original resume. The feedback process and revisions back and forth between the teams dramatically improved how my career and skill sets were highlighted. Very pleased with this company services and would recommend starting here. I have received several calls from recruiters and direct hire companies for face to face interviews.

2/1/14

Thrilled comes to mind. The resume I received was perfect and ironically, I've had three interviews SO FAR after sending my new resume. Previously, I had sent over 100 resumes with virtually no response. The ONLY thing that's changed is the way my new resume is worded and how it's laid out. For fun, I sent it to another company for evaluation -- they couldn't find anything to do to improve it! LOL! Highly recommended.

1/31/14

I paid for a resume review and revision with Doostang. I received a team of professionals who gave me input, worked with me directly until I was happy (3 revisions) and the day I decided to test drive my new resume I got a direct call back from a recruiter. I've leveraged this resume 10 times, and received 6 direct, in-person interviews that have led to 2 job offers and I'm still waiting for another one, based upon the verbal the hiring manager just gave me. Great job on my professional presentation, Doostang Resume Service! Thank you!

1/31/14

I bought Doostang's resume review and have been recommending it to all of my friends. Applying for jobs online is like fishing - you're only going to catch something if you have good bait. Doostang gives you that bait. I also had 3 re-write opportunities with the resume writer. If I wanted something re-worked or written differently, the resume writer catered to my specific request. Worth every penny.

1/28/14

Believe me it won't help. I used Doostang when I graduated from college. I paid $40.00 per month as a member but no matter how many resumes I sent, I never heard back. After the membership expired, it still charged me every month. I did not know that until looked my credit card statement. I had been charged every month for almost one year!!!

1/14/14

They keep charging my credit card and are not authorized to do so. I only wanted to sign up for 3 months. Then they started charging me for additional months. It was not worth it. No one replies to my requests for a refund.

1/14/14

this website is a fraud, most jobs listed do not match the listings and then they illegally go in and start charging you $30 / month. I had to shut down my whole checking account to get rid of them. AND they have a non-working phone #, a fake New York address with a California zip code.

1/4/14

A nightmare and a FRAUD.
They're not legit, complete scam: they charge you forever- impound you account
$40 each month - you can't get out, and they won't refund.
Get them out of business guys - DOONSTANG is awful.

12/13/13

I signed up for the 2 day trial. After the 2 day trial they automatically signed me up for the $40 monthly subscription. What was worse, after explaining the situation they refused a refund! Very poor customer service. Personally, I question whether many of the jobs are even real.

11/12/13

Slime balls. I applied for one job through then and suddenly was getting emails trying to get me to sign up for their 40 dollars per month service. Why would I pay you when I can get better jobs for free elsewhere. Furthermore they sent me a pretty scathing review of my resume which I almost took to heart until I saw they wanted me to pay $300 to write another one. Don't pay for this site, go with a legitimate job search site! These guys are crooks. Here's hoping they go under.

10/13/13

Best selection of jobs, a lot of finance opportunities. I landed a couple of interviews through the site but ended up finding my job through my network

10/3/13

Doostang has stale job postings majority of the time. Even if the job posting is current, it is available elsewhere as well (on indeed, simplyhired, monster etc.)

I think Doostang and The Ladders are scam and should be avoided - all they want is your money and not deliver anything of value.

9/30/13

I wish I would have checked for reviews before I paid my money. This is only my second time using a resume writing service, and I would have done better sticking to the resume that I have and hoping for the best. Talk about poor writing skills! It is false that they employ highly skilled/certified resume writers. Stay away!!! Stay away!!!! Stay away!!!!!

9/18/13

They charged my credit card without my authorization. I had signed up for the 2 day trial for $9.99 and they immediately charged my credit card another $29.99 for a full month subscription which I did not want nor authorize. I contacted them and they told me that it was all written in the "small print". I was not refunded my money so I basically paid $40 for my "trial". Worst of all, the number of jobs that you cannot find on other search engines is basically zero.

8/20/13

Resume writing service was VERY disappointing. I found spelling and grammatical errors, there was another woman's name on my resume, and a date was wrong. Formatting stunk too - I was unable to print. Feeling duped for paying $300 for this service. If you're thinking of getting your resume reviewed and written, try someplace else.

7/17/13

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. DONT EVEN ATTEMPT OF GETTING HELP FROM THEM FOR RESUME, COVER LETTER OR EVEN JOB SEARCHES. BEST AY TO APPLY FOR JOBS IS THROUGH THE COMPANIES MAIN SITES OR FREE JOB ENGINES. RIGHT NOW EVERYONE ARE FOR THEMSELVES TRYING TO MAKE QUICK MONEY.

Doostang.com BLOCK IT FROM YOUR INTERNET BROWSER.

7/11/13

Applied to many jobs on this website and it seemed my resume went into the same internet black hole as other free sites.....but they seem to make a lot of $$ from anyone willing to sign up based on the monthly fees charged!!

1/7/13

Really cheap trick. They get you to sign up for 2 days .. so you can apply to a few places. If you forget to cancel subscription .. you're screwed. You get charged 40 dollars.. for a services you most likely won't even use for the next month. At least give people back their money.

12/25/11