US Government's NSF

Contact@doostang.com

55 Reviews for Doostang.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/7/14

It all started with a quick review of my résumé...the résumé critique was so on point it and honest it was like reading my mind of what I thought my résumé needed and that was some uniqueness and variety. Sebastian was of great help and convinced me that my résumé should stand out from the rest and get me the job I want and that's exactly what I wanted. I fell in love with my résumé and cover letter! My résumé writer Rita did an amazing job with my résumé. They allowed to make any corrections to make your résumé look exactly how u want it to look. Doostang staff were so professional and thorough and articulate! I don't think I could've done it all by myself. My money was well invested !!!

7/7/14

Pretty solid resume writing. I was very pleased with the final outcome of my resume and would actually recommend them outside. My rep was always on time with responding back.

6/26/14

This scam is good for a laugh at least. Submitted my resume for free review, and has been said before, it's an automated sales-pitch generator, that picks out key phrases. The sales pitch I received was sure to mention over an over again that they could get me a job that was listed on my resume as ongoing. I already have a job as that, and my resume clearly states I'm looking for a steady job in a different field, and continuing that one on the side. If it is reviewed by a live person, I certainly wouldn't pay them almost $200 to redo my resume, if they are that incapable of reading comprehension. They also urged me to list accomplishments on a resume full of temp jobs. Yeah. ok.

6/25/14

WELL WORTH THE MONEY.

Do yourself a favor and spend the money to have Doostang update/create your resume. The team at Doostang fairly assessed the weaknesses of my resume. Joe did a fantastic job taking my basic resume and creating one that stands out. I was pleasantly surprised at how well Joe could convey my technical accomplishments and skills in a manner that was professional and charismatic. I sincerely believe that the new resume gives me a significantly better chance of having my resume submitted to a hiring manager.

6/16/14

Working with Sebastian's team was a great experience.. quick responses and an overall incredible job with my resume. They were able to provide feedback on why the resume was redone as it was, what employers sought and omitted the items that were not really pertinent to the current market. They asked me what i liked about my resume and kept most of that while updating the important parts with previous job information that made the resume really communicate my capacities and successes.
thank you .. I strongly recommend this team for others

6/14/14

I was truly pleased with my resume and the level of service I received. I was by far not disappointed whatsoever. The turnaround and price was outstanding. True professionals. I would recommend Doostang resume to everyone that desires an outstanding resume with little price and a fast turnaround.

6/13/14

"My First reaction was WOW, when I read the "first draft!" I really wasn't sure they would be able to take what I sent them and craft it in such a way that it would be substantially different. My expectation was an incremental improvement over what I had, but they really took it to another level; I really am wow'd!" The service I received and response times were superb.

6/13/14

I had a wonderful experience with Doostang. I felt like they knew exactly how to elevate my resume and make the look and feel more professional, and I'm happy to present it to employers now! They were also very timely, and responded quickly after the suggestions and ideas I had.
I would definitely refer my friends to Doostang!

6/12/14

A scam, unfortunately.
I signed up for the linkedin profile re-write, expecting a standard CV/profile rewrite service.
What they did is, literally, copy-paste the resume that I provided them. in an email. Word for word, spelling mistakes included. And send this email back to me. They send me back my own resume.

As I asked for an immediate refund, the doorstang contact ('sebastian.king') was only able to automatically respond, over and over, that no refund is being made. As per the terms we signed up for.
Yes, this is truly a scam.

What to do now? Thank god the CEOs and execs profiles are on linkedin, so there is a way to reach out and complain. Such a waste of energy on top of money (99USD for a copy-paste, after their 'discount')

5/17/14

I am extremely pleased with my resume and cover letter now. they look professional, with a strong presence and power. Which was what I was missing all this time. I even received the second and basically final version, days before the committed deadline. Sebastian did a great job identifying Jerry, who is an excellent writer for me. I recommend them anytime. I say money well spent. If with this I can't nail an interview or a job, then the problem is ME :)
Good luck you all.

5/16/14

I was totally impressed with the service I received and outcome of my new resume. They zone in on what the key factors were and summarized better than I could have imagine. Wonderful Company and Excellent services. I highly recommend anyone who needs a revised resume to use this services.

5/15/14

Doogstang did a great job with my resume, I am so happy with the final result.
They incorporated all my commentaries and feedback, the language and the presentation was much better than my version of the resume.
I strongly recommend the service.

5/13/14

This is a scam. I'm not sure where they get their job postings, but my wife and I each applied for positions sponsored by Doostang that seemed exactly in line with our experience. After submitting an application we each got a message that the position was no longer open and then they tried selling us their professional resume writing package. They initially send a free critique along with the sales pitch. Both of our critiques were exactly the same with no specific information. They must use a scanner, word recognition then fill in a form letter with a job title that matches your resume. Neither of us bought the resume package, so I can't speak for how good of a job they may actually do, I just don't appreciate the bait and switch where they dangle the 'perfect job' in front of you that either doesn't exist or is no longer an active post just for a sales pitch.

5/10/14

Dealing with the staff at doostang was a pleasure, communication was precise, and punctual.
The resume was fantastic, I was so impressed I then had them write my cover letter, something I have always struggled with writing. The cover letter matched the resume in style and substance, it looked really great!
Sebastian, and Brooke really did an outstanding job.

5/9/14

I am mid-senior level marketing executive and am very pleased with the outcome of the process and development for the resume with Doostang.com

The layout was incredible with an impecable introduction paragraph that was concise however reflected all my years of work experience.

I would definitely recommend doostang.com to friends.

5/8/14

I tried revamping my resume on my own, but knew I needed professional help with it. I came across Doorstang looking for a job and when they sent me an email about their professional resume writing services and even had a discounted offer, I took advantage of it. I'm glad I did, as I have been getting some interviews now and so impressed with the outcome. They were so prompt and the final result exceeded my expectations. I would highly recommend them to anyone!

5/8/14

I wasn't looking for a resume-writing service when I stumbled onto Doostang. I was searching for jobs actually somehow through the web rabbit hole, I ended up looking at this site. I was on the fence about using a resume writing service, but decided to invest the money and see what they could do with mine.

The team was prompt at responding- I received a Thank you email immediately and was followed by an email letting me know someone would be assigned to look through my resume and get in touch. a day or two later, I heard from the person who would be writing for me. She completed my resume in a few days and had to me well within the first week in case I saw a need for any changes. The service was incredibly prompt and personal. I recommend them if you have a real need top freshen up your resume.

3/31/14

I can summarize with one word... WOW!

It has been a long time since I have recieved such wonderful and prompt service. I was on a deadline and my writer, Joe, really came through for me. Even over the weekend, when I would expect any other service provider to not even respond until working hours. I had my draft within a day and my revisions addresses withing hours. Absolutely wonderful work too!

3/29/14

Doostang is the best resume creation site there is! I was fortunate to work with Laura who was not only gave my resume (that wasn't updated in eons) a much needed makeover in a matter of few days but was also kind enough to incorporate my feedback into the final version. Laura also had an eye for resume usability and readability that resulted in a final version of the resume that exceeded my expectations! I would not hesitate to recommend Doostang to others - my experience with this company has been outstanding. Thanks to Laura and Seb!

3/29/14

I had an excellent experience with my doostang team. I was under a time constraint and they delivered as promised. My reasons for the re-write of my own attempt (at resume writing) was that the information (resume) needed to immediately convey my skills and accomplishments before the reader decided that I was "too old" . They did that in an effective/efficient way and I feel that I will get at least a "look see" before the reader considers the delete button. Would have been five stars had the price been better.

2/18/14

I could not have asked for more from Doostang. Natalie was a great help in helping rewrite my resume. She was personable, helpful and available. I felt like it was a very open dialogue between the two of us, which made everything that much easier. She was very professional. I would highly recommend the Doostang writing service for anyone.

2/18/14

The resume writer assigned to me was personable and professional. She did a nice job taking my information and formatting it into a clean, well-thought-out document. After we'd concluded our time together, I was not completely happy with some of the verb tenses used under my current position but decided I could adjust those myself. A couple days later the resume writer contacted me unsolicited and told me she was unhappy about those same verb tenses. She'd made some excellent changes and emailed them to me. I was very pleased with her thoroughness and commitment to providing me with the best possible outcome.

2/18/14

I am very pleased with the quality of Doostang's resume writing service. The resume writer assigned to me was a good fit. My newly updated resume is professional, well written and reflects my skills and qualifications. My new resume will be the key to connecting positively with a potential employer, and making the difference in getting me selected for a job interview. I highly recommend Doostang's resume service.

My newly updated resume presents me in the best possible way.

2/11/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Obviously, someone is being paid to give false positive reviews. Stay away at all costs. You should never be charged to apply for a job.

2/7/14

A fantastic value! I utilized their resume and cover letter writing services. They delivered exactly as advertised. Not only was the work completed on time, but the quality was impressive. In addition to enhancing the overall look, feel and presentation of my resume, they were able to format the content in a manner that allows me to quickly and easily customize for any potential job application. Lastly, they made several insightful and meaningful revision suggestions that were overlooked by my previous resume writing service. Highly recommend!

2/3/14

I'm a mid-career professional with solid credentials and a resume that didn't pass the 30 second test. I really got a lot out of the review and critique. The reviewer was honest and his observations relevant. My old resume was crowded, task oriented and unfocused. I only needed one edit, and was pleased to talk my writer through the changes. My new resume is shorter, succinct, and worded in a way that translates the tasks to relevant accomplishments. Very good investment.

2/2/14

I was very impressed by the resume and the cover letter that was written for me. All I had to do was give some back ground information about my work experience and they did the rest for me. My resume and cover letter was complete before the deadline and I did not have to make any changes!

2/2/14

Very pleased with the attention to detail and upgrades to my original resume. The feedback process and revisions back and forth between the teams dramatically improved how my career and skill sets were highlighted. Very pleased with this company services and would recommend starting here. I have received several calls from recruiters and direct hire companies for face to face interviews.

2/1/14

Thrilled comes to mind. The resume I received was perfect and ironically, I've had three interviews SO FAR after sending my new resume. Previously, I had sent over 100 resumes with virtually no response. The ONLY thing that's changed is the way my new resume is worded and how it's laid out. For fun, I sent it to another company for evaluation -- they couldn't find anything to do to improve it! LOL! Highly recommended.

1/31/14

I bought Doostang's resume review and have been recommending it to all of my friends. Applying for jobs online is like fishing - you're only going to catch something if you have good bait. Doostang gives you that bait. I also had 3 re-write opportunities with the resume writer. If I wanted something re-worked or written differently, the resume writer catered to my specific request. Worth every penny.

1/28/14

Believe me it won't help. I used Doostang when I graduated from college. I paid $40.00 per month as a member but no matter how many resumes I sent, I never heard back. After the membership expired, it still charged me every month. I did not know that until looked my credit card statement. I had been charged every month for almost one year!!!

1/14/14

They keep charging my credit card and are not authorized to do so. I only wanted to sign up for 3 months. Then they started charging me for additional months. It was not worth it. No one replies to my requests for a refund.

1/14/14

this website is a fraud, most jobs listed do not match the listings and then they illegally go in and start charging you $30 / month. I had to shut down my whole checking account to get rid of them. AND they have a non-working phone #, a fake New York address with a California zip code.

1/4/14

A nightmare and a FRAUD.
They're not legit, complete scam: they charge you forever- impound you account
$40 each month - you can't get out, and they won't refund.
Get them out of business guys - DOONSTANG is awful.

12/13/13

I signed up for the 2 day trial. After the 2 day trial they automatically signed me up for the $40 monthly subscription. What was worse, after explaining the situation they refused a refund! Very poor customer service. Personally, I question whether many of the jobs are even real.

11/12/13

Slime balls. I applied for one job through then and suddenly was getting emails trying to get me to sign up for their 40 dollars per month service. Why would I pay you when I can get better jobs for free elsewhere. Furthermore they sent me a pretty scathing review of my resume which I almost took to heart until I saw they wanted me to pay $300 to write another one. Don't pay for this site, go with a legitimate job search site! These guys are crooks. Here's hoping they go under.

10/13/13

Best selection of jobs, a lot of finance opportunities. I landed a couple of interviews through the site but ended up finding my job through my network

10/3/13

Doostang has stale job postings majority of the time. Even if the job posting is current, it is available elsewhere as well (on indeed, simplyhired, monster etc.)

I think Doostang and The Ladders are scam and should be avoided - all they want is your money and not deliver anything of value.

9/30/13

I wish I would have checked for reviews before I paid my money. This is only my second time using a resume writing service, and I would have done better sticking to the resume that I have and hoping for the best. Talk about poor writing skills! It is false that they employ highly skilled/certified resume writers. Stay away!!! Stay away!!!! Stay away!!!!!

9/18/13

They charged my credit card without my authorization. I had signed up for the 2 day trial for $9.99 and they immediately charged my credit card another $29.99 for a full month subscription which I did not want nor authorize. I contacted them and they told me that it was all written in the "small print". I was not refunded my money so I basically paid $40 for my "trial". Worst of all, the number of jobs that you cannot find on other search engines is basically zero.

8/20/13

Resume writing service was VERY disappointing. I found spelling and grammatical errors, there was another woman's name on my resume, and a date was wrong. Formatting stunk too - I was unable to print. Feeling duped for paying $300 for this service. If you're thinking of getting your resume reviewed and written, try someplace else.

8/6/13

Been a member for a month and got an interview. Very wall st. oriented site.

7/17/13

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. DONT EVEN ATTEMPT OF GETTING HELP FROM THEM FOR RESUME, COVER LETTER OR EVEN JOB SEARCHES. BEST AY TO APPLY FOR JOBS IS THROUGH THE COMPANIES MAIN SITES OR FREE JOB ENGINES. RIGHT NOW EVERYONE ARE FOR THEMSELVES TRYING TO MAKE QUICK MONEY.

Doostang.com BLOCK IT FROM YOUR INTERNET BROWSER.

7/11/13

Applied to many jobs on this website and it seemed my resume went into the same internet black hole as other free sites.....but they seem to make a lot of $$ from anyone willing to sign up based on the monthly fees charged!!

1/7/13

Really cheap trick. They get you to sign up for 2 days .. so you can apply to a few places. If you forget to cancel subscription .. you're screwed. You get charged 40 dollars.. for a services you most likely won't even use for the next month. At least give people back their money.

12/25/11

Money stealers. Totally useless

9/7/11

Now this is a site that is lost up their own arse! I don't think they even know what they do for a living. The way they acquire members is dubious enough and then all jobs you see are entry level. Might work for some people not for me.

8/12/11

The site's contents are ok for finance. I got a couple call-backs, though none worked out for me.

I will not sign up for them in the future because they charged me under an auto-renewal plan, didn't immediately refund the full amount, then agreed (I believe per state law) to refund the full amount, and now they have started billing me again ... it has been a ridiculous effort to try to get the site to come clean and refund my money.

They apparently have a microscopic customer service staff that, while they have been responsive (fast to respond), have not really been helpful (I am still working 6 weeks later and multiple emails later and after diligently looking at my bank statements to get a full refund and not be magically added back to some sort of service involving a recurring subscription fee).

My advice: sign up and IMMEDIATELY take yourself off the recurring billing option, and get a record of email(s) to customer service having them assure you that you have been removed from all recurring subscriptions / fees for life. Then when they sign you up for a recurring subscription you didn't ask for (to meet payroll???), complain to the BBB and everywhere else you can.

12/8/10

This company is a scam, they force you to send invites to 20 of your colleagues and then you can't cancel your subscription. They expand their network of contacts by forcing you to 'pimp' their business. It's like a used car dealership...if you start work there, they pump you for family and friends who might buy a car there.

Avoid at all costs.

Apprentice Reviewer
8/18/10

John - you can cancel your membership is by going into your account
settings (assuming nothing changed since I've done it). If you look
around there is something about canceling your subscription, you just
check that box. If that doesn't work then try emailing them -
contact@doostang.com. Hope that helps.

I've heard mixed things, but personally I've had a pretty good
experience with the site. I was looking for an analyst position at an
investment bank and they had some great leads. I think they have
companies posting on there directly, a lot of the finance positions I
was applying to I haven't seen anywhere else. Not sure how good they
are about other industries. The response rate isn't that great, but
it's probably no worse than other places given the economy. I used the
site for 3 or 4 months during which I've applied to probably over 100
jobs, got 4 or 5 interviews and two solid offers. It helps if you look
at the post date for all the jobs and only apply to the recent ones. I
don't think I got any responses from the older job postings.

The Best Job Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber