US Government's NSF

eddiel

48 Reviews for Doostang.com

▼ Sort by: recent

3/31/14

I can summarize with one word... WOW!

It has been a long time since I have recieved such wonderful and prompt service. I was on a deadline and my writer, Joe, really came through for me. Even over the weekend, when I would expect any other service provider to not even respond until working hours. I had my draft within a day and my revisions addresses withing hours. Absolutely wonderful work too!

3/29/14

Doostang is the best resume creation site there is! I was fortunate to work with Laura who was not only gave my resume (that wasn't updated in eons) a much needed makeover in a matter of few days but was also kind enough to incorporate my feedback into the final version. Laura also had an eye for resume usability and readability that resulted in a final version of the resume that exceeded my expectations! I would not hesitate to recommend Doostang to others - my experience with this company has been outstanding. Thanks to Laura and Seb!

3/29/14

I had an excellent experience with my doostang team. I was under a time constraint and they delivered as promised. My reasons for the re-write of my own attempt (at resume writing) was that the information (resume) needed to immediately convey my skills and accomplishments before the reader decided that I was "too old" . They did that in an effective/efficient way and I feel that I will get at least a "look see" before the reader considers the delete button. Would have been five stars had the price been better.

3/19/14

The Doostang Team were very one on one with me. I felt as if I were their only client - feeling like a priority all the time. It was very personal and the experience and process was not tedious at all. My questions were answered reasonably quickly and everything made clear to me. My resulting resume was flawless!!

3/18/14

I decided to change career paths but really had no idea how to transfer my past experience into a relevant presentation for the change I desired. The folks at Doostang helped so much! I was amazed at how wonderful I sounded on paper. I landed an interview for the exact position I want within the first week of submitting my new resume. Working with Doostang was an invaluable investment and I would recommend them to anyone!

3/8/14

I Was looking for I-Banking, Corporate Finance/Strategy, and other related opportunities in the Seattle area. Was concerned the Seattle area may not offer many such opportunities, but luckily found one on Doostang. Was invited to interview and eventually was offered the job. I am looking forward to the new career opportunity.

Only reason I give it 4 instead of 5 stars is because I don't want the whole world to know just yet...once 'everyone knows', then it won't be as 'easy' to use Doostang to find the next good job...

2/23/14

doostang.com has been very helpful in me updating my resume. Sabastian King answered all my questions very professional which helped me move forward with Doostang.com assistance. I was assigned Jerry and he too was very professional and helpful. I was given recommendations/suggestions to improve my resume. The follow up from Jerry and Sabastian was prompt and very understanding of the importance for having the most accurate and detailed resume to help in getting employment. I would recommend doostang.com, Sebastian and Jerry to any one that wants to improve their chances of finding the right job for them. Thank you.

2/19/14

I am an experienced executive who needed a little help with my cv. The complimentary review of my cv was comprehensive enough to give me confidence in their ability to re-write. The questionnaire I needed to fill out gave them the needed insight to customize my cv. I was very impressed with the first draft and had very little to revise. And it was all completed within one week. I highly recommend this service.

2/18/14

I could not have asked for more from Doostang. Natalie was a great help in helping rewrite my resume. She was personable, helpful and available. I felt like it was a very open dialogue between the two of us, which made everything that much easier. She was very professional. I would highly recommend the Doostang writing service for anyone.

2/18/14

The resume writer assigned to me was personable and professional. She did a nice job taking my information and formatting it into a clean, well-thought-out document. After we'd concluded our time together, I was not completely happy with some of the verb tenses used under my current position but decided I could adjust those myself. A couple days later the resume writer contacted me unsolicited and told me she was unhappy about those same verb tenses. She'd made some excellent changes and emailed them to me. I was very pleased with her thoroughness and commitment to providing me with the best possible outcome.

2/18/14

I am very pleased with the quality of Doostang's resume writing service. The resume writer assigned to me was a good fit. My newly updated resume is professional, well written and reflects my skills and qualifications. My new resume will be the key to connecting positively with a potential employer, and making the difference in getting me selected for a job interview. I highly recommend Doostang's resume service.

My newly updated resume presents me in the best possible way.

2/12/14

Great value! I could not be more pleased. My new resume is more focused and does a great job of highlighting some key qualities that were hidden in prior versions. The writer was fantastic and went through several rounds of revisions to make sure I was satisfied. I highly recommend.

2/11/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM!!! Obviously, someone is being paid to give false positive reviews. Stay away at all costs. You should never be charged to apply for a job.

2/7/14

A fantastic value! I utilized their resume and cover letter writing services. They delivered exactly as advertised. Not only was the work completed on time, but the quality was impressive. In addition to enhancing the overall look, feel and presentation of my resume, they were able to format the content in a manner that allows me to quickly and easily customize for any potential job application. Lastly, they made several insightful and meaningful revision suggestions that were overlooked by my previous resume writing service. Highly recommend!

2/3/14

I'm a mid-career professional with solid credentials and a resume that didn't pass the 30 second test. I really got a lot out of the review and critique. The reviewer was honest and his observations relevant. My old resume was crowded, task oriented and unfocused. I only needed one edit, and was pleased to talk my writer through the changes. My new resume is shorter, succinct, and worded in a way that translates the tasks to relevant accomplishments. Very good investment.

2/3/14

To all the writers who may have contributed on my resume..., Thank all of ya,ll.
I have been very busy and haven,t had a chance thank all the fine personnel at Doostang resumes. I know you didn,t have a lot to work with but your writing team came through with a resume I could only dream to have. Once again, thanks to all of the entire writing staff for a job very well done. BTW, I have had several compliments already on my resume.
Sincerely,
Martin Odom ROLL TIDE ROLL

2/2/14

I was very happy with the resume and the cover letter the folks at doostang.com prepared for me. The career questionnaire they provided helped me think about my experience and give meaningful answers, but they used that information to make a resume that packs much more of a punch than the one I had been using. My follow up questions were also quickly and thoughtfully answered and helped me understand why certain changes were made to my resume. These guys do a great job!

2/2/14

I was very impressed by the resume and the cover letter that was written for me. All I had to do was give some back ground information about my work experience and they did the rest for me. My resume and cover letter was complete before the deadline and I did not have to make any changes!

2/2/14

Very pleased with the attention to detail and upgrades to my original resume. The feedback process and revisions back and forth between the teams dramatically improved how my career and skill sets were highlighted. Very pleased with this company services and would recommend starting here. I have received several calls from recruiters and direct hire companies for face to face interviews.

2/1/14

Thrilled comes to mind. The resume I received was perfect and ironically, I've had three interviews SO FAR after sending my new resume. Previously, I had sent over 100 resumes with virtually no response. The ONLY thing that's changed is the way my new resume is worded and how it's laid out. For fun, I sent it to another company for evaluation -- they couldn't find anything to do to improve it! LOL! Highly recommended.

1/31/14

Very pleased with the attention to detail and upgrades to my original resume. The feedback process and revisions back and forth between the teams dramatically improved how my career and skillsets were highlighted. Very pleased with this company services and would recommend starting here.

1/31/14

I paid for a resume review and revision with Doostang. I received a team of professionals who gave me input, worked with me directly until I was happy (3 revisions) and the day I decided to test drive my new resume I got a direct call back from a recruiter. I've leveraged this resume 10 times, and received 6 direct, in-person interviews that have led to 2 job offers and I'm still waiting for another one, based upon the verbal the hiring manager just gave me. Great job on my professional presentation, Doostang Resume Service! Thank you!

1/31/14

I bought Doostang's resume review and have been recommending it to all of my friends. Applying for jobs online is like fishing - you're only going to catch something if you have good bait. Doostang gives you that bait. I also had 3 re-write opportunities with the resume writer. If I wanted something re-worked or written differently, the resume writer catered to my specific request. Worth every penny.

1/28/14

Believe me it won't help. I used Doostang when I graduated from college. I paid $40.00 per month as a member but no matter how many resumes I sent, I never heard back. After the membership expired, it still charged me every month. I did not know that until looked my credit card statement. I had been charged every month for almost one year!!!

1/14/14

They keep charging my credit card and are not authorized to do so. I only wanted to sign up for 3 months. Then they started charging me for additional months. It was not worth it. No one replies to my requests for a refund.

1/14/14

this website is a fraud, most jobs listed do not match the listings and then they illegally go in and start charging you $30 / month. I had to shut down my whole checking account to get rid of them. AND they have a non-working phone #, a fake New York address with a California zip code.

1/4/14

A nightmare and a FRAUD.
They're not legit, complete scam: they charge you forever- impound you account
$40 each month - you can't get out, and they won't refund.
Get them out of business guys - DOONSTANG is awful.

12/13/13

I signed up for the 2 day trial. After the 2 day trial they automatically signed me up for the $40 monthly subscription. What was worse, after explaining the situation they refused a refund! Very poor customer service. Personally, I question whether many of the jobs are even real.

11/12/13

Slime balls. I applied for one job through then and suddenly was getting emails trying to get me to sign up for their 40 dollars per month service. Why would I pay you when I can get better jobs for free elsewhere. Furthermore they sent me a pretty scathing review of my resume which I almost took to heart until I saw they wanted me to pay $300 to write another one. Don't pay for this site, go with a legitimate job search site! These guys are crooks. Here's hoping they go under.

10/13/13

Best selection of jobs, a lot of finance opportunities. I landed a couple of interviews through the site but ended up finding my job through my network

10/3/13

Doostang has stale job postings majority of the time. Even if the job posting is current, it is available elsewhere as well (on indeed, simplyhired, monster etc.)

I think Doostang and The Ladders are scam and should be avoided - all they want is your money and not deliver anything of value.

9/30/13

I wish I would have checked for reviews before I paid my money. This is only my second time using a resume writing service, and I would have done better sticking to the resume that I have and hoping for the best. Talk about poor writing skills! It is false that they employ highly skilled/certified resume writers. Stay away!!! Stay away!!!! Stay away!!!!!

9/18/13

They charged my credit card without my authorization. I had signed up for the 2 day trial for $9.99 and they immediately charged my credit card another $29.99 for a full month subscription which I did not want nor authorize. I contacted them and they told me that it was all written in the "small print". I was not refunded my money so I basically paid $40 for my "trial". Worst of all, the number of jobs that you cannot find on other search engines is basically zero.

8/20/13

Resume writing service was VERY disappointing. I found spelling and grammatical errors, there was another woman's name on my resume, and a date was wrong. Formatting stunk too - I was unable to print. Feeling duped for paying $300 for this service. If you're thinking of getting your resume reviewed and written, try someplace else.

8/6/13

Been a member for a month and got an interview. Very wall st. oriented site.

7/17/13

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. DONT EVEN ATTEMPT OF GETTING HELP FROM THEM FOR RESUME, COVER LETTER OR EVEN JOB SEARCHES. BEST AY TO APPLY FOR JOBS IS THROUGH THE COMPANIES MAIN SITES OR FREE JOB ENGINES. RIGHT NOW EVERYONE ARE FOR THEMSELVES TRYING TO MAKE QUICK MONEY.

Doostang.com BLOCK IT FROM YOUR INTERNET BROWSER.

7/11/13

Applied to many jobs on this website and it seemed my resume went into the same internet black hole as other free sites.....but they seem to make a lot of $$ from anyone willing to sign up based on the monthly fees charged!!

1/7/13

Really cheap trick. They get you to sign up for 2 days .. so you can apply to a few places. If you forget to cancel subscription .. you're screwed. You get charged 40 dollars.. for a services you most likely won't even use for the next month. At least give people back their money.

12/25/11

Money stealers. Totally useless

9/7/11

Now this is a site that is lost up their own arse! I don't think they even know what they do for a living. The way they acquire members is dubious enough and then all jobs you see are entry level. Might work for some people not for me.

8/12/11

The site's contents are ok for finance. I got a couple call-backs, though none worked out for me.

I will not sign up for them in the future because they charged me under an auto-renewal plan, didn't immediately refund the full amount, then agreed (I believe per state law) to refund the full amount, and now they have started billing me again ... it has been a ridiculous effort to try to get the site to come clean and refund my money.

They apparently have a microscopic customer service staff that, while they have been responsive (fast to respond), have not really been helpful (I am still working 6 weeks later and multiple emails later and after diligently looking at my bank statements to get a full refund and not be magically added back to some sort of service involving a recurring subscription fee).

My advice: sign up and IMMEDIATELY take yourself off the recurring billing option, and get a record of email(s) to customer service having them assure you that you have been removed from all recurring subscriptions / fees for life. Then when they sign you up for a recurring subscription you didn't ask for (to meet payroll???), complain to the BBB and everywhere else you can.

12/8/10

This company is a scam, they force you to send invites to 20 of your colleagues and then you can't cancel your subscription. They expand their network of contacts by forcing you to 'pimp' their business. It's like a used car dealership...if you start work there, they pump you for family and friends who might buy a car there.

Avoid at all costs.

Apprentice Reviewer
8/18/10

John - you can cancel your membership is by going into your account
settings (assuming nothing changed since I've done it). If you look
around there is something about canceling your subscription, you just
check that box. If that doesn't work then try emailing them -
contact@doostang.com. Hope that helps.

I've heard mixed things, but personally I've had a pretty good
experience with the site. I was looking for an analyst position at an
investment bank and they had some great leads. I think they have
companies posting on there directly, a lot of the finance positions I
was applying to I haven't seen anywhere else. Not sure how good they
are about other industries. The response rate isn't that great, but
it's probably no worse than other places given the economy. I used the
site for 3 or 4 months during which I've applied to probably over 100
jobs, got 4 or 5 interviews and two solid offers. It helps if you look
at the post date for all the jobs and only apply to the recent ones. I
don't think I got any responses from the older job postings.

6/24/10

I made the mistake of signing up for a membership with doostang thinking that it will yield good job leads. It did NOT. Moreover, I have been trying for 4 months to cancel my membership and have sent the company emails, regular mails, called and no one has answered anything. I think it is some sort of scam company because a real and serious company would not treat their customers like this. If anyone has had any success cancelling a member with them, pls post on the site, so I can try again!

3/23/10

Useless. To get company info you need to join. Most of the jobs I've tried to apply for have already been filled. Doostang gets its leads late ... or just doesn't take them down on a timely basis. I waste time on this site. I have chosen to "opt-out" of this site, and I still get their daily alerts.

1/27/10

One of the lower level scams. Keep paying or they will cancel what little progress has been made. Hide company names, secret information and an immediate desire for credit card numbers. If you will notice most all of the "management team" are essentially promoters. Run.......

8/21/09

great site for job seekers seeking mid to high level opportunities that aren't found on more general job boards.

EXPERT
4/28/08

Good job site for 20-35 yr olds looking for finance, marketing jobs - The Doostand job board is a great place for 20 and 30 somethings looking for high-end positions in private equity, hedge funds, i-banking, consulting, or marketing.

About Doostang