US Government's NSF

1200 Worldwide Blvd
Hebron, KY 41048, USA
Tel: 1.800.213.3376
service@dermstore.com

People interested in DermStore are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

susanb43

Called customer service and was told I could keep it as a one time courtesy and they would just credit me. (in 23 reviews)

dorish2

I find the website confusing...especially when trying to place an order. (in 57 reviews)

tamarag1

U can get at least 10% off each product, by saving that item into your "Favorites" list. (in 52 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

reggier13
6/26/15

I placed an order on recommendation of a product from a friend. My credit card was charged two different amounts one of which was $137.00 over my order. When calling customer service they said that is so we can confirm funds....what? Customer service continued to interrupt me when I was explaining my concern, and the attitude from customer service was not appreciated. Then to top it off I received my order and one of the items was missing even though the 'total pieces' said 6.

kitg1
5/27/15

I have given this company 3 tries. I ordered a glytone kit, when I recieved it , the box was damaged and expired. They sent me another kit & pakage color was faded and expired. Upon ordering it is a 2 day shipping , but all my orders have taken 2-3 weeks, without notification. I have wasted time calling dermstore and placed on hold for 20-30 minutes. Beware buyer!! Find a retailer near you or another site like sephora that is legit to purchase your skincare.

kimiec
4/6/15

I have had great luck with Dermstore! I only buy face cleaning products, toner and lotion but it is easy to find coupons and who doesn't love free shipping?!

da15078
3/27/15

Really bad customer service. I placed an order for an item that was on backorder. The site let me know it would take 1-2 weeks until the item arrived at Dermstore. I was happy to wait because I had a coupon and got a good price on the item. A week later, I received an email saying Dermstore had canceled my order because it was still on backorder. I called and asked that they reinstate my order as I was fine waiting for the item. They said they wouldn't be able to do that as it was on backorder. I again said, that's ok, I'll wait. They said they couldn't reinstate the order until the item had a stock date. However, I could get back online and reorder the item (just couldn't use the same promo code as before, so not as good of a price). I asked if I reordered when the item was once again in stock, if they would honor the price/coupon I had used to place the original order. They said no. Really!? I don't think I've ever had a business say they wouldn't honor a price when the issue was on their end. Seems like a scam. If the price is too good, they conveniently find a way to not ship the order to you and cancel the order. Really terrible. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Take your money somewhere else where they care about your business and about treating you like an important customer.

katen8
3/14/15

I rarely ever write reviews but I was so disappointed with their customer service that I felt the need to warn prospective customers. I've been a long time Dermstore customer. They ship quickly and provide great promotional discounts from time to time. However, their 100% color match guarantee is useless. Their color match consultant told me to go to a department store to figure it out. DO NOT ever purchase concealors or foundations from Dermstore unless you know your exact color match. They do not provide exchanges. And if you return and repurchase a different color, they will NOT honor your original purchase price if you used a promotional code. The first customer representative I spoke to said she would note in my account to have the original purchase price with the promotional discount honored when I repurchased the concealor in a different color. When I called back to repurchase (had to wait for the return to be processed and the credit in the form of a virtual gift card emailed to me), I was told that it was never noted in my account and it's against their policy to honor the original promotional discount. If you don't know your exact color match, you are much better off purchasing at Sephora or other department stores that offer customer friendly exchange and return policies.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print because their returns are NOT free unless you opt to receive a store credit. They don't offer an exchange policy. They will not honor the original purchase price if you purchased using a promotional discount and returned to repurchase in a different color because they offer a 100% color match guarantee. It's really a 100% color match guarantee at your own expense.

sandyk14
2/27/15

Recieved 2 free samples. Just arrived this afternoon so haven't had chance to try all they sent. Will find out soon enough...shipped day after I ordered and that was late evening. So far, so good.

jennifera56
2/3/15

WORST customer service experience of my life! An item that had been on back order, which I was patiently waiting for, was removed without me asking it to be. It was purchased on a gift card given to me by my mother. Did not get notified that I wouldn't be getting the item. When I called to inquire is when I found out. When I asked about the balance being put back on gift card I was told there was nothing that could be done because I no longer had the gift card with the pin #! This was over a month after initial purchase. Who keeps a gift card that they use the entire balance from?! Tried several times to get somewhere but nothing could be done. Oh, and the item that was removed was available when I spoke to them but they couldn't just send it because they had removed it (without my consent) and in order for them to actually send it, they'd need the gift card! Unacceptable and ridiculous!!!

Tip for consumers: Give a reputable company your business instead of this one. After all, they may end up keeping YOUR money while you get nothing!

maryc112
1/31/15

I have sensitive skin and only use mineral makeup because everything else makes me break out. I love the glominerals pressed base and use it every single day. Thanks to Dermstore.com for carrying the best brands.

roseannz
1/25/15

Dermstore is a beauty, personal care site that has 3 branches with 1 checkout-Dermstore, Blush, and Hair Envy. They carry many brand name products. I've ordered from them way too often, per my husband! The delivery of orders is usually faster than stated. I had 3 bad products out of probably 150 I've ordered (see, hubby is right!). I had VERY good customer service after complaining by email alone about those products, with Dermstore crediting my CC without me having to ship the items back. (I took photos of the items). They have some good coupons, too, if you check for coupons before ordering (go to Dermstore coupons on google). They also send free samples. I recommend Dermstore.

Tip for consumers: Check Google or Yahoo for coupons for Dermstore for possible great discounts!

jackim
1/14/15

I have ordered several times from Dermstore and the service, quick delivery, products and prices are great. Also free shipping makes it a "10" in my book.

miraf2
1/6/15

Love this site! The products are awesome and the shipping is free ... always!!

Tip for consumers: Avene products are the best !!!

karinac7
1/6/15

NEVER order from this deceiving company. Please bring business to other companies whom deserve your money. The entire website is littered with advertisements of free returns; I am a pretty careful buyer and wouldn't have ordered something is there wasn't free returns. As I am trying to return my purchase, they informed me that if I wanted my money returned to me, I would have to pay for the return shipping. It says this is very small print in parenthesis on their return policy page. This is EXTREMELY SNEAKY AND DECEIVING THE CUSTOMER!!!! When I kindly explained the situation as asked if there was anything they could do for me since I spent over $300, all representatives were extremely rude and even threatening. STAY AWAY!

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE! Do yourself a favor!

sarahr63
12/29/14

The Derm Store has all of my favorite Farm to Face products. I especially love the Eminence Citrus and Kale Masque. It helps lighten my dark spots and made my skin feel smoother and less dull. I can't wait to try more!

susanp58
12/27/14

I have been seeing my doctor for years and buying everything from obagi to chemical peels and microderm. They sell all of those treatments here on dermstore. Even peels and microderm is sold on this site. Wish I had found this earlier

christophere11
12/18/14

Very bad customer service, let me purchase out of stock and gave me a 6 weeks delay. at the end 0% discount, no extra gift, and i had to put more products to replace the one that was out of stock. Just hate this

bridgetm5
12/10/14

If you want something to arrive as promised, then look elsewhere.

They tout 3-day shipping. I placed an order for a gift on the Thursday the 4th. I called to double-check the delivery window and was told I would have the order on the 9th. They did not ship the order until the 9th - then LIED on the phone when I called looking for the order saying it was in the mail stream - when the tracking showed it was NOT. When I email them to ask for answers they respond that it will take 24 hours for a response - and no response ever comes.

Tip for consumers: If you don't care when the order arrives then this site is for you!

lindas116
12/8/14

I went to the DermStore to order Kerique and then before I click the final button I went back to order the black Friday's price. They sent me both, one at the regular price and I at the discounted price. One did not have a gift in it and when I called back to tell them the girl on the line repeatedly argued with me telling me it was my fault. this is the worse service I have ever used. What happened to the customer is always right. Not here.

Tip for consumers: Worst service ever.

helenh31
12/7/14

Why visit my Dermatology office when I can get all of my Physician strength skin care products online? And for better prices sometimes too as well as free shipping! I love the Epionce and Glytone lines.

irisq
11/26/14

SUCK NET! WORST SERVICE EVER! I use online shopping everyday, this is the worst service i experienced! I placed an order of Clarisonic for ONE MONTH and called THREE times for the customer service. Every time they told me I would get it in next week! BUT they cancelled my order WITHOUT telling me after 40 DAYS! I waited it for ONE MONTH! Because of this I missed the better deal on other store and I haven't got it! NEVER BE BACK! SUGGESTION FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS! STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!

maggiek2
11/20/14

DermStore is a great online presence. It carries many products you can't find elsewhere. The service is quick and with each order you receive a free gift. Their promotions are very good, as well. Check out this site for yourself. You will become a fan as I have.

ameliacw
11/19/14

Bait & switch for the magazines/rebates. Never send magazines or honor rebate. Say it is the magazines issue and magazine company blames Dermstore. Total cheats and they do not care about losing customers over deceitful practices.

lindal85
11/19/14

I do the majority of my shopping online. This by far is the worst site I have ever used. I ordered a product and it was unsatisfactory. I sent it back and I had to call them a couple of times to get my refund and that was almost 4 weeks later. They only give a full refund if you use it as a credit. If you want it back as money they deduct shipping charges. Now I'm trying to order a product to use my credit and I can't get the site to work. It won't load and I have tried 3 computers. When I called to tell someone they said I had to send an email to tell them the problem. What how can I send them an email if I can't get to their site. Ridiculously horrible service!!!!! Don't fall for their sales gimmicks you pay for it in the end.

Tip for consumers: Do Not trust them!!!!

miyukisg
11/14/14

even though it offers 2 day shipping, they take forever to process orders, so you end up waiting to get your items for like 2 weeks to receive. (I live in NYC)
also they take FOREVER to process returns, mine hadn't processed after 3 weeks of
waiting and I had to call them to bug them.

acoa
11/14/14

Do not order from this website!!! I placed an order a month ago and still have not received my product nor have i received a response to multiple contacts i made to them. I did their UPS tracking and it showed that it was delievered...but obviously not to my door. I have ordered many products online from different websites and never had a problem. This is my first time ordering at Dermstore.com... what a scam! Wish i had read online reviews before ordering.

lindac74
11/14/14

lHorrible l- recived two empty tubes of laura Gellar concealer and could not get through to them by phone to discuss the problem. Now I'm waiting for them to respond to an Email. Hope it's soon

kas28
11/11/14

I ordered a product on phone on Friday. They were offering 2-day free shipping. I was told that the product should arrive by Wednesday next week. I waited past Thursday, but no package. I sent email on Friday evening requesting its status, since the office closes at 6:00 PM and the web site says that they check email 24/7 and reply within 12 hours. Waited until Sunday but no reply nor package and I sent another email. On Monday morning, I called the customer service. She told me that there was a problem and the product was not shipped until Wednesday. I asked why nobody called me nor emailed me with this problem or delay. She did not answer my question. But told me that I should receive the package by Tuesday. What happeded to 2 day shipping??? Wednesday morning I received email. It said "there was no delay" with shipping since they require 48 hours of work day to ship product. It took 11 days to receive the product and no explanation why and "What happened to 2-day shipping??? " Bad customer service. I will not shop at this website!!!

sharyns
11/10/14

Love on line service. Shipping is fast and easy. I always get Nailtiques products. No complaints. Only praise. Happy here. thanks!

susanm119
11/2/14

The Derm store has a great selection of natural products such as Burt Bee's, 100% Pure and Juice Beauty. Their prices are competitive and they are having an awesome sale right now - 30% off an order of $125 or more.

bobbiea2
10/12/14

Worst on-line shopping experience of my life! DO NOT order from this company. They do not provide 1-3 day shipping, I ordered a product on 9/25 and to date 10/12, I still have not received it. Several calls to customer service were very frustrating and the representatives are rude and will provide you with misinformation. Dermstore really needs to evaluate their company procedures and get honest with the unsuspecting customers that patronize them. Spend your money elsewhere with a reputable company!

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE

disappointedc3
10/7/14

I had a very poor experience with this site. Advertised offer included a 30 dollar rebate that they clearly had no intention of fulfilling. Don't believe the hype and save our money for a reputable site.

karene27
8/22/14

The Body Shaper lotions by BioElixia are on sale at the derm store. I love, love, love this product line as it really works! My cellulite has been reduced and is barely noticeable after 2 months of using the kit. Time to stock up!

lewieh
6/30/14

Not really happy with this store, same problems I have as the other people.

cindyb28
6/12/14

I am an aging woman that has thinning eyelashes. I have found that with SmartFX Smart Lash Enhancer I have regained some of the lash volume I used to have. Now I don't need to wear my false lashes as much.
I love the product!

mariam139
5/6/14

I couldn't believe it but they sell at home microdermabrsion devices that are less than going to my dermatologist. I tried it out and it feels like pretty much the exact same treatment I pay for. It isn't painful at all either. Great deal and it shipped in less than a week.

loriew2
3/31/14

Let me start by saying I am NOT an employee of the derm store. My very first purchase was for Avene thermal water. They were having a promo for an extra great gift so I thought i would give them a try. My order arrived in 3 days. My thermal water was sealed(which I love) and I received a lip gloss and a $27.00 bottle hair spray as a gift.How great is that! I checked my receipt to make sure I didnt pay for it. The thermal water was cheaper than the hair spray gift.
My second purchase with them I ordered 2 items. I paid for both items and 1 item was suppose to back ordered. But 3 days later both items showed up. I was suppose to receive an extra special gift again. This time I received another lip gloss and a few samples. No extra big bottle of hair spray this time :(... I assume the big bottle of hair spray was a way to hook me in. Since I was a first time customer. It worked! Overall my favorite store to order from is Nordstroms. But for products like Avene that nordys doesnt carry. I would repurchase again from Derm Store.

lisan28
3/11/14

If I could rate it less than 1 star I would. I wish I had read the reviews on this site before I decided to deal with them. I do ALL my shopping online and this has been the worst by far. I sent an email (polite) explaining the problem, got back the normal- Thank you for your email you will receive a response in 24 hours..... Well, it is now 2 weeks later and I do not have a response to my email. It just isn't worth it. I will let everyone I know to avoid this website like the plague.

tarar4
2/11/14

I buy only one thing from Dermstore (my face wash) but only when the prices get too high on Amazon. Two great things about DS. If you add the products you like to your Favorites, then you'll get 10% off during checkout. Shipment is always free with no minimums and very prompt. Besides that, Dermstore is a bit on the expensive side. And they have a nasty habit of discontinuing product lines.

juanm30
1/31/14

Bad costumer service, let me purchase out of stock and gave me a 4 weeks delay. at the end no discount, no extra gift, and i had to put more products to replace the one that was out of stock.

katb10
1/28/14

Dermstore doesn't generally have the best prices for products on the internet, but they have a wide variety so when I need more than one thing I go ahead and order. It is rare and now it won't be ever again. After I placed all of the items in my cart I noticed not 1, not 2, but THREE magazine subscriptions sitting there as well. Yes, they were "included," but NO I do not care for these even if they are free. I removed them or so I thought and then they were added back into my final order. So when I emailed to have them removed, Dermstore Customer Service replied that they couldn't remove it because it was already processed and I would have to call a separate number to cancel. Just another step in their ploy to hope I forget to make a call, which is something THEY should offer to do for me. Let alone the fact that they should stop this annoying inconvenience to their customers in the first place.I won't return to this website.

elenaz4
1/23/14

I like the way it is structured, I think I need to purchase something from this web site for sure

dorish2
1/10/14

I find the website confusing...especially when trying to place an order. Nothing is just straight forward you have to manuvere your way to find what you are looking for. I usually have to call to place my order.

susanb43
12/17/13

I just had an unexpectedly great experience with Dermstore! I ordered the Smartbrow product but found it would accidentally get rubbed off too easily from my oily skin so I wanted to return it. Called customer service and was told I could keep it as a one time courtesy and they would just credit me. Really? I was skeptical and figured I'd wait and see what happened and check in about a week to see if I really will get credited. Well, imagine my surprise when within 15 minutes I got emails from both Dermstore and Paypal saying that my credit has gone through! Wow, talk about great customer service! I am very happy with them and after reading all the negative reviews on here, had to take a few minutes to write this one. Who knows, maybe they're working to improve their customer service image! Good luck to everyone else...

fatimag1
11/20/13

Even after reading all negative reviews I still gave it a shot. I order my products without any trouble on the website got free gift plus free shipping. After I ordered my goods atleast for 2 hours you do see option next to your order where you can edit or cancel it. Once its in fulfilment you can't make any changes. Shipping was suppose to be 2-3 biz days I waited and after 4 biz days try to track my order it was still showing in transit I contacted USPS thinking its there fault but they were not able to help. Than I called customer service good thing there was hardly 5 mins hold and got live agent faster after explaining her situation she advise me to wait for 1 week and if I still didn't recieve it than they will re-ship it. Ofcourse I am not going to wait for so long so I just hung up and called next day and spoke to another agent and her answer was " oh, it seems the package has lost in our warehouse in transit so I will go ahead and re-order it with 2days shipping and will waive the charges. I accpeted the offer . Next day I got the products delivered but it was the original 1st shipment. Seriously they don't update there shipment status and they are not aware about it. I checked products they were in good condition nicely packed got some free gifts so I was happy about that. Now I have to call them again and cancel that 2nd order orelse I am sure they will charge me. Overall I was not satisfied rather I get it from websites who are responsible and they know what's going on with the shipments.

tanyay
11/8/13

They do not update their site if a product is out of stock, and once you add it to your cart and pay for it, and only later when get an email days later letting you know that it's OOS. Well, I went on their site and the same item is available for purchase with no info that it's actually not available until 2 weeks. Scam. Why don't they update their website with accurate stock info?

Also it took over 2 weeks for me to get any info on when the product will be available, so in grand total it will take over a month to get my order!

kikayk
9/24/13

Horrible indeed! This company does not deserve any star at all!! I placed an order late last night, clicked on complete an order and an offer popped up, I accidentally clicked on it and now that offer is part of my order. I emailed them right away to cancel that add on order but no response. So I decided to call them early this morning, I was told by 2 representatives that they cannot cancel that add on order as they have no control to modify an order. Either option given is only beneficial to them, not to the customer: if you do not want to pay for the shipping back, they will give you in store credit but if you want a full refund, you have to pay for the shipping back.

This statement on this website is not even true, I tried it but there wasn't any "Would you like to change this order?" link. and cancel link. How great is that??? This company is all about keeping their customer's money, once you order, there is no way out. It's a TRAP!!

How can I cancel my order?

If your order has not yet shipped, you may cancel your order by logging into your account.

Once you have logged in, go to "Order History" then click the "Would you like to change this order?" link. You'll be directed to a page that presents a summary of your order. Simply click the "cancel" link at the bottom of the page and your order will be immediately canceled. A refund is not necessary as DermStore does not charge your credit card until your order is actually shipped.

jaimes13
9/12/13

Yeah, pass on this place. You can tell from the "positive" reviews here that most of them were likely written by employees. I just ordered an item. Received a box. In it? Two samples and two other expensive items that I did not want nor did I order. When I called immediately, the customer service person 1) refused to expedite the re-order of the item I needed (so now I won't have it for the event I needed it for, thanks) BUT 2) wanted me to immediately help THEM out by taking the unwanted items to a shipping place. I live in the boonies, and don't have a working printer to print out a shipping label. I am happy to send the crap back if they mail me a label and arrange a pickup, but they couldn't be bothered to expedite MY order so I could have it when I needed it? Come on. The customer is clearly never right here, and I am now worried about rumors of them charging credit cards for "FREE SUBSCRIPTIONS" or what have you. UGH.

jessiem24
9/4/13

Ehhhh.... I am not really happy with this website. I have had better experience before from other websites

alexap2
8/20/13

This was my first time ordering from Dermstore and I was already a w bit worried with some of the negative reviews I had seen but I had also seen quite a few positive ones as well but I thought I'd take the chance cause I'm an international customer and these products weren't available from any of my trusted websites (Amazon, Ebay). Wrong choice. I ordered from here and my package was delivered but I was demanded to pay cash upon delivery which of course I refused, as I had paid online with my card. The transaction had been processed with the money being taken out of account. So currently I don't have the product or the cash with which I paid. I have emailed customer services but I'm not holding out hope for an answer or a solution. International customers definitely do not shop from here.

ellej1
8/12/13

Ordered from Dermstore quite a few times, but won't be buying from them anymore due to magazine scam. If part of your consideration when ordering from Dermstore is the free magazine offer or the rebate for the free magazines, I'd stay away.

The last two times I ordered and submitted for the magazine refund, both times Subco (the company that runs the actual subscription) has told me that they ran out of supply and I will not be getting the rebate. In fairness, the fine print does say, "while supplies last". However, I find it really dishonest that supplies ran out by the time I submitted for the rebate (weeks ago), but they are still offering the same magazine promotion (with the same magazines) today! Basically, they're promising you something that has run out weeks (and probably months) ago. Further, this has happened twice, so it seems like standard operation procedure to promote an offer that doesn't really exist at Dermstore.

To make matters worse, Dermstore has a super restrictive 14-day return policy, and it will take more than 14-days before Subco processes your magazine/magazine refund. So, if you purchased using the rebate as a price consideration, it's likely you won't be able to return your products after you find out you won't be getting the rebate.

Needless to say, I'm done with Dermstore.

suea7
7/31/13

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Has anyone forgotten to write down RMA on your return box?
I just dropped off my return package and realized that I forgot to put the number on the box.
I came back to usps and asked to find my package but they couldn't find mine.....
so According their web site , it says they can't accept without RMA.
I just am wondering if anyone had the same situation and please tell that if you had.
2/9/13
Add your answer
Q: Are the products sold on this site really from the company? My doctor said I should only buy obagi from him and that other websites are not selling the real products.
4/3/15
Answer
bobbiea2
A: I would not do business with this company again.
4/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

1 Coupon for DermStore

No coupon code needed
Shop now at DermStore to save!
Go to DermStore