US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

susanb43

Called customer service and was told I could keep it as a one time courtesy and they would just credit me. (in 29 reviews)

erikah19

or what ever, before ordering i decided to read these reviews, and almost didn't order, but decided to go for it. (in 69 reviews)

tamarag1

U can get at least 10% off each product, by saving that item into your "Favorites" list. (in 63 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

emilyb85
5/17/16

This was my first time ordering from this website and I wish I had read the reviews here first. I ordered a sunscreen that I had an immediate reaction to and followed their "Easy Return" policy steps to the letter. The returned package was received almost a month ago, after I paid for the shipping back to them, and I have still not received my refund. I have sent emails to their Customer Service address and have received zero responses back. Based on reviews here, it seems that calling the Customer Service number will be a negative experience, as well. I don't anticipate ever using this website again and will share my poor experience with others as a cautionary tale.

debbieg46
5/13/16

I recieved an email this morning for EltaMD products-buy 3 products and get 20% off. I tried to purchase 3 tubes of sunblock and when I entered the promo code it told me it was invalid.After trying this 3 times I called CS and was told this was an old promotion that ended 5-11-16. They sent me the email on 5-13-16. In small print it says it ends 5-11. I told the CS person that I recieved the email today and she argued that it was not possible. I told her I could send her a screen shot verifying this and then she hung up on me. Great CS skills wouldn't you say??

kortneym
5/10/16

I purchased some products from Dermstore on Cyber Monday, when I ordered the items it allowed the products to be discounted using the 30% off cyber Monday code dermstore provided. I ordered the items, gave my credit card and paid for them and even received order confirmation emails confirming my purchase with the discount. A day or so later when the products where shipped I received a new order confirmation email from dermstore, this confirmation had removed the discount and charged me the full amount, an un-agreed upon amount. I contacted Dermstore to make them aware of the mistake, and I was told numerous times by email and phone that I was wrong and that I could not get the discount and that I wouldn't get a refund for the difference, finally I provided them with pictures of the discount and order confirmation and they finally conceded and provided me with a refund of the difference. Then when my order finally arrived, upon opening up the package it was clear that the curling iron was a used/ returned product that I had been sold under the guise of it being new (the packaging on the iron was ripped and obviously had been opened before). As someone who works in the consumer products industry this is incredibly troubling, as we would never sell used/ returned product as new, we are upfront and honest when someone is buying used product and never pass it off as new. I contacted Dermstore and stated that I would like to make a return, as I had been incredibly unimpressed with the customer service I had received so far from Dermstore. That return took weeks and many emails back and forth from me and dermstore, with them trying everything from not acknowledging what I am asking for, refusing my return, to saying I can only have a store credit, quite frankly it was the worst customer service experience I had ever had.Do not believe their claims on their website about 'easy returns' returns if your not happy with the items, it's completely false. Finally I was sent a return-shipping label, I told them that I lived in Canada and that would not work, they stated that I would have to pay to ship their used product back to them if I wanted a return. Finally after calling the customer service line yet again, we came to an agreement that I would have someone drive to the border and drop the package in the mail and upon receipt I would be given a refund. Now months later I have decided to try again ordering as I really wanted the products and Dermstore is the only place you can purchase them, again I waited and used a discount code I was sent, in the checkout phase it allowed the products to be discounted again, but yet again when I received my invoice a day or so later it had removed the discount and charged my credit card an un-agreed upon amount, when I called customer service they're playing the same game of insisting that I was not allowed the discount. After checking online reviews this is very common with customers being offered coupon codes and then having them pulled away after their payment and purchase, specifically with the 'favourite item' sales. Again after checking online this is quite a common occurrence for Dermstore to send out product which has obviously been opened/ returned to customers, and making it incredibly difficult to return items. Dermstore's customer service and business practices are unethical, fraudulent and truly atrocious. I thought I would give them one more chance and yet again they blew it, I am telling everyone I know to stay away from Dermstore at all costs.

erikah19
5/5/16

Why so many bad reviews?! Ideally I would shop local.. but I recently moved and finding an office with all the products I use has been challenging, therefore I found dermstore thru the brands I use as an authentic dealer.. or what ever, before ordering i decided to read these reviews, and almost didn't order, but decided to go for it. Shipping was free, both times I ordered it got here fast and was well packaged and my products have been fresh. This is a real website, selling real products. I will order again.

jenniferr128
4/29/16

It is interesting to read all of the other negative reviews related to Dermstore shipping/delivery issues, considering what I have experienced myself. This is by far one of the worst online shipping experiences I have ever had. I never received any tracking or shipment carrier information when my order was confirmed. After calling twice just to get that basic information, I am now on day five of waiting for a "two day" USPS priority mail shipment. There is no current tracking information available, my order has not been delivered, and customer service has been rude and unhelpful. Why are they using USPS anyway for items that cost hundreds of dollars (and when they seem to have a long history here of complaints about unreceived shipments)?

angelam103
4/8/16

I have never purchased from them but somehow I am on their email list. When I click "unsubscribe" it takes me to a page that does not give me an option to "opt-out"! This is so frustrating!!

czarinab1
3/24/16

I remember reading the reviews before I made my purchase which scared me to order but something made me take a chance anyway. Maybe it was the free shipping or maybe it was the amazing deal of 20% off of Anastasia products. (Keep in mind ULTA excludes Anastasia products from coupons). I ordered on Monday and it already arrived and it's only Thursday, I don't even need the products until Sunday. And the products we're perfect! That's why I felt obligated to come back and give them a positive review that they deserve. It's definitely not a good idea to base your purchase solely on reviews because the reviews are not always representative of their services. I mean think about it, people are more inclined to post a bad review from a bad experience than a good one due to spite or anger. I'm glad that I took a chance otherwise I would've missed out on such a great deal. Thank you dermstore.com! I'll definitely be back for more :)

tomd90
3/21/16

Wrote review and immediately after wife went in hospital. Got reply from derm store and wasn't able to respond yet. No they write a self serving response insinuating I failed to respond. I will just be patient. It might take a week as I have other things to deal with right now.

mm206
3/12/16

Do not use this website for beauty purchases. Listen to the reviews that tell you they are scam artists. They shipped an expensive order and charged my credit card 10 hours after I cancelled the order and then told me I could request a return authorization after I received the package, obtain a label that would require that I pay for return shipping, and after they received the return, they would credit me for the purchase. Never again. Slimy sales maneuver based on the probability that I woill not return and they will make the sale.
Do not use them! Shop elsewhere. I wish I would have listened to the other reviews

christineh62
2/29/16

This store has every beauty product you could want. They have the best prices and shipping is lightening fast! Highly recommend!

jilliana5
2/27/16

They just allowed me to purchase a lip gloss that only notified me when they sent me my order confirmation that it was OUT OF STOCK!!!!!!! On top of that it said 1-2 weeks when I paid for 2 day shipping, NEVER EVER AGAIN, bunch of scam artists. I will be filing legal complaint should this not get rectified in a timely manner.

ursulao1
2/23/16

This entire process has been extremely frustrated. I *was* a first-time buyer with DermStore.com and I have notified Priori Skin Care about DERMSTORE.COM selling expired items. DO NOT BUY ANY CREAMS OR PRODUCTS HERE.
CUSTOMER SERVICE IS ALSO AWFUL.

SOMEONE AT DERMSTORE ATTEMPTED TO CONTACT PRIORI SKINCARE AND THEN LAST MINUTE STATED, "I AM SORRY, WE CANNOT CONTACT THEM."

ashleyc89
1/30/16

I bought the BeautyFix box. I actually liked the box but I won't be purchasing anymore. The reason is because I received a product from a brand that used to be at Sephora. The item I received had the label that the product was distributed by Sephora. This brand left Sephora 4 years ago. This product was expired and unusable. I contacted Dermstore and they sent a replacement. However, the replacement was expired and from when this Brand was at Sephora as well. Utterly disgusting and completely unprofessional. I don't understand how a brand can send out expired products.

monikaz2
12/17/15

I ordered the pur mineral 4 in1 pressed powder foundation in golden medium from this website because the product was slightly cheaper and the shipping was free. I received the product on time, but I noticed it was slightly different from the original pur mineral foundation in golden medium which I ALWAYS get. The texture is completely different and cheap and as I used the foundation it turned my face an orange color. I am very pissed.

morrigang1
12/9/15

Im surprised people have such a difficult time with this site. I buy my Juice Beauty, and 100% pure products on this site when they have their 30% off sales, and have never had a problem. Ive ordered 5 times in the past 2 years-ish. They always arrived within 3-4 days of purchase. No expired products etc. Organic products are way too expensive and this is the only place i have found that sells them with better discounts.

dr815
12/8/15

First time customer of Dermstore and they sent me a packaged that weighed .24 ils. To my surprise (joking) I opened to find an empty box...so much fir surprising my fiancee with some random "just because" gifts.

stephanies100
11/18/15

I bought a gift set for my sister it was supposed to be here in time for her birthday I only got partial of my order. When I called they said they forgot to put my Harry josh straightener in there. So I had no gift for my sisters birthday. Never doing business with them again. Beware!

elizabethr57
10/16/15

I bought lotion and face products and it’s great! I got lucky maybe? But the customer service was kind.

mandyb18
9/24/15

According to Elta MD Dermstore is not an authorized dealer and obtains their products illegally.

phoebef1
9/11/15

I placed an order from Dermstore which I never received (Post Office showed as delivered, so it may have been stolen & not Dermstore's fault).

In any event, I called to tell them and they kindly said they would re-ship the items. A few days later I got an email asking me to respond within 24 hrs to the email if I wanted the item reshipped and if they did not hear from me they would consider the case closed. I immediately responded asking them to please ship the item. They in turn responded and say they would reship on Sept 7. On 9/7/15 I wrote back to the customer service agent asking her to please send me the tracking info. NO RESPONSE. I waited a day and wrote her again. NO RESPONSE. I waited another day and called their customer service line and got a new agent who looked into the notes on my account and told me that the case was closed on Sept 4 because I had never responded!!! I told her I had the email trail that I would be happy to send her. She put me on hold, apparently talked to the other agent, and came back on telling me they would re-ship that day.

When I finally received the package one of the items had clearly been tampered with (package was damaged, seal was broken) and, THE PRODUCT WAS EXPIRED. I immediately called them to complain and they said they will re-ship the two items. Let's see...

The saga continues, but I will not order from Dermstore again and will warn friends against it too.

carid8
8/13/15

I was scared at first because of the reviews I read online but I must say, it has been the best online company I've ever ordered from. Lots of discounts and free shipping! I got my facial creams in the mail within 2 business days (free priority shipping)!! Amazing!! Can't wait to order again. They do prompt and ask if you want automatic renewal, make sure you read every check box before clicking submit!

chrisk99
8/11/15

I returned an order Aug 10 as instructed. Got a confirming email that USPS had accepted the package. I checked EASY RETURNS link today to check the status of my returned order. I saw that the order had been returned and it indicated that "NO ADJUSTMENT" was being made?? I had to call Customer Service again to get my credit!! I shouldn't have to call! It should be automatic!

reggier13
6/26/15

I placed an order on recommendation of a product from a friend. My credit card was charged two different amounts one of which was $137.00 over my order. When calling customer service they said that is so we can confirm funds....what? Customer service continued to interrupt me when I was explaining my concern, and the attitude from customer service was not appreciated. Then to top it off I received my order and one of the items was missing even though the 'total pieces' said 6.

kitg1
5/27/15

I have given this company 3 tries. I ordered a glytone kit, when I recieved it , the box was damaged and expired. They sent me another kit & pakage color was faded and expired. Upon ordering it is a 2 day shipping , but all my orders have taken 2-3 weeks, without notification. I have wasted time calling dermstore and placed on hold for 20-30 minutes. Beware buyer!! Find a retailer near you or another site like sephora that is legit to purchase your skincare.

kimiec
4/6/15

I have had great luck with Dermstore! I only buy face cleaning products, toner and lotion but it is easy to find coupons and who doesn't love free shipping?!

da15078
3/27/15

Really bad customer service. I placed an order for an item that was on backorder. The site let me know it would take 1-2 weeks until the item arrived at Dermstore. I was happy to wait because I had a coupon and got a good price on the item. A week later, I received an email saying Dermstore had canceled my order because it was still on backorder. I called and asked that they reinstate my order as I was fine waiting for the item. They said they wouldn't be able to do that as it was on backorder. I again said, that's ok, I'll wait. They said they couldn't reinstate the order until the item had a stock date. However, I could get back online and reorder the item (just couldn't use the same promo code as before, so not as good of a price). I asked if I reordered when the item was once again in stock, if they would honor the price/coupon I had used to place the original order. They said no. Really!? I don't think I've ever had a business say they wouldn't honor a price when the issue was on their end. Seems like a scam. If the price is too good, they conveniently find a way to not ship the order to you and cancel the order. Really terrible. I'll be taking my business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Take your money somewhere else where they care about your business and about treating you like an important customer.

katen8
3/14/15

I rarely ever write reviews but I was so disappointed with their customer service that I felt the need to warn prospective customers. I've been a long time Dermstore customer. They ship quickly and provide great promotional discounts from time to time. However, their 100% color match guarantee is useless. Their color match consultant told me to go to a department store to figure it out. DO NOT ever purchase concealors or foundations from Dermstore unless you know your exact color match. They do not provide exchanges. And if you return and repurchase a different color, they will NOT honor your original purchase price if you used a promotional code. The first customer representative I spoke to said she would note in my account to have the original purchase price with the promotional discount honored when I repurchased the concealor in a different color. When I called back to repurchase (had to wait for the return to be processed and the credit in the form of a virtual gift card emailed to me), I was told that it was never noted in my account and it's against their policy to honor the original promotional discount. If you don't know your exact color match, you are much better off purchasing at Sephora or other department stores that offer customer friendly exchange and return policies.

Tip for consumers: Read the fine print because their returns are NOT free unless you opt to receive a store credit. They don't offer an exchange policy. They will not honor the original purchase price if you purchased using a promotional discount and returned to repurchase in a different color because they offer a 100% color match guarantee. It's really a 100% color match guarantee at your own expense.

sandyk14
2/27/15

Recieved 2 free samples. Just arrived this afternoon so haven't had chance to try all they sent. Will find out soon enough...shipped day after I ordered and that was late evening. So far, so good.

jennifera56
2/3/15

WORST customer service experience of my life! An item that had been on back order, which I was patiently waiting for, was removed without me asking it to be. It was purchased on a gift card given to me by my mother. Did not get notified that I wouldn't be getting the item. When I called to inquire is when I found out. When I asked about the balance being put back on gift card I was told there was nothing that could be done because I no longer had the gift card with the pin #! This was over a month after initial purchase. Who keeps a gift card that they use the entire balance from?! Tried several times to get somewhere but nothing could be done. Oh, and the item that was removed was available when I spoke to them but they couldn't just send it because they had removed it (without my consent) and in order for them to actually send it, they'd need the gift card! Unacceptable and ridiculous!!!

Tip for consumers: Give a reputable company your business instead of this one. After all, they may end up keeping YOUR money while you get nothing!

maryc112
1/31/15

I have sensitive skin and only use mineral makeup because everything else makes me break out. I love the glominerals pressed base and use it every single day. Thanks to Dermstore.com for carrying the best brands.

roseannz
1/25/15

I wrote a previous good review (4 stars) about Dermstore earlier this year. I now give them only 3 stars, because I always enjoyed their Surprise Boxes of either hair care, makeup, skin care. Now those boxes are gone. I haven't purchased since I saw that. Otherwise, I've not had a problem that they hadn't fixed to my satisfaction.

Tip for consumers: Check Google or Yahoo for coupons for Dermstore for possible great discounts!

jackim
1/14/15

I have ordered several times from Dermstore and the service, quick delivery, products and prices are great. Also free shipping makes it a "10" in my book.

miraf2
1/6/15

Love this site! The products are awesome and the shipping is free ... always!!

Tip for consumers: Avene products are the best !!!

karinac7
1/6/15

NEVER order from this deceiving company. Please bring business to other companies whom deserve your money. The entire website is littered with advertisements of free returns; I am a pretty careful buyer and wouldn't have ordered something is there wasn't free returns. As I am trying to return my purchase, they informed me that if I wanted my money returned to me, I would have to pay for the return shipping. It says this is very small print in parenthesis on their return policy page. This is EXTREMELY SNEAKY AND DECEIVING THE CUSTOMER!!!! When I kindly explained the situation as asked if there was anything they could do for me since I spent over $300, all representatives were extremely rude and even threatening. STAY AWAY!

Tip for consumers: NEVER USE THIS SITE! Do yourself a favor!

sarahr63
12/29/14

The Derm Store has all of my favorite Farm to Face products. I especially love the Eminence Citrus and Kale Masque. It helps lighten my dark spots and made my skin feel smoother and less dull. I can't wait to try more!

susanp58
12/27/14

I have been seeing my doctor for years and buying everything from obagi to chemical peels and microderm. They sell all of those treatments here on dermstore. Even peels and microderm is sold on this site. Wish I had found this earlier

christophere11
12/18/14

Very bad customer service, let me purchase out of stock and gave me a 6 weeks delay. at the end 0% discount, no extra gift, and i had to put more products to replace the one that was out of stock. Just hate this

bridgetm5
12/10/14

If you want something to arrive as promised, then look elsewhere.

They tout 3-day shipping. I placed an order for a gift on the Thursday the 4th. I called to double-check the delivery window and was told I would have the order on the 9th. They did not ship the order until the 9th - then LIED on the phone when I called looking for the order saying it was in the mail stream - when the tracking showed it was NOT. When I email them to ask for answers they respond that it will take 24 hours for a response - and no response ever comes.

Tip for consumers: If you don't care when the order arrives then this site is for you!

lindas116
12/8/14

I went to the DermStore to order Kerique and then before I click the final button I went back to order the black Friday's price. They sent me both, one at the regular price and I at the discounted price. One did not have a gift in it and when I called back to tell them the girl on the line repeatedly argued with me telling me it was my fault. this is the worse service I have ever used. What happened to the customer is always right. Not here.

Tip for consumers: Worst service ever.

helenh31
12/7/14

Why visit my Dermatology office when I can get all of my Physician strength skin care products online? And for better prices sometimes too as well as free shipping! I love the Epionce and Glytone lines.

irisq
11/26/14

SUCK NET! WORST SERVICE EVER! I use online shopping everyday, this is the worst service i experienced! I placed an order of Clarisonic for ONE MONTH and called THREE times for the customer service. Every time they told me I would get it in next week! BUT they cancelled my order WITHOUT telling me after 40 DAYS! I waited it for ONE MONTH! Because of this I missed the better deal on other store and I haven't got it! NEVER BE BACK! SUGGESTION FOR OTHER CUSTOMERS! STAY AWAY FROM THIS STORE!

maggiek2
11/20/14

DermStore is a great online presence. It carries many products you can't find elsewhere. The service is quick and with each order you receive a free gift. Their promotions are very good, as well. Check out this site for yourself. You will become a fan as I have.

ameliacw
11/19/14

Bait & switch for the magazines/rebates. Never send magazines or honor rebate. Say it is the magazines issue and magazine company blames Dermstore. Total cheats and they do not care about losing customers over deceitful practices.

lindal85
11/19/14

I do the majority of my shopping online. This by far is the worst site I have ever used. I ordered a product and it was unsatisfactory. I sent it back and I had to call them a couple of times to get my refund and that was almost 4 weeks later. They only give a full refund if you use it as a credit. If you want it back as money they deduct shipping charges. Now I'm trying to order a product to use my credit and I can't get the site to work. It won't load and I have tried 3 computers. When I called to tell someone they said I had to send an email to tell them the problem. What how can I send them an email if I can't get to their site. Ridiculously horrible service!!!!! Don't fall for their sales gimmicks you pay for it in the end.

Tip for consumers: Do Not trust them!!!!

miyukisg
11/14/14

even though it offers 2 day shipping, they take forever to process orders, so you end up waiting to get your items for like 2 weeks to receive. (I live in NYC)
also they take FOREVER to process returns, mine hadn't processed after 3 weeks of
waiting and I had to call them to bug them.

acoa
11/14/14

Do not order from this website!!! I placed an order a month ago and still have not received my product nor have i received a response to multiple contacts i made to them. I did their UPS tracking and it showed that it was delievered...but obviously not to my door. I have ordered many products online from different websites and never had a problem. This is my first time ordering at Dermstore.com... what a scam! Wish i had read online reviews before ordering.

lindac74
11/14/14

lHorrible l- recived two empty tubes of laura Gellar concealer and could not get through to them by phone to discuss the problem. Now I'm waiting for them to respond to an Email. Hope it's soon

kas28
11/11/14

I ordered a product on phone on Friday. They were offering 2-day free shipping. I was told that the product should arrive by Wednesday next week. I waited past Thursday, but no package. I sent email on Friday evening requesting its status, since the office closes at 6:00 PM and the web site says that they check email 24/7 and reply within 12 hours. Waited until Sunday but no reply nor package and I sent another email. On Monday morning, I called the customer service. She told me that there was a problem and the product was not shipped until Wednesday. I asked why nobody called me nor emailed me with this problem or delay. She did not answer my question. But told me that I should receive the package by Tuesday. What happeded to 2 day shipping??? Wednesday morning I received email. It said "there was no delay" with shipping since they require 48 hours of work day to ship product. It took 11 days to receive the product and no explanation why and "What happened to 2-day shipping??? " Bad customer service. I will not shop at this website!!!

sharyns
11/10/14

Love on line service. Shipping is fast and easy. I always get Nailtiques products. No complaints. Only praise. Happy here. thanks!

susanm119
11/2/14

The Derm store has a great selection of natural products such as Burt Bee's, 100% Pure and Juice Beauty. Their prices are competitive and they are having an awesome sale right now - 30% off an order of $125 or more.

67 ratings were submitted through the SiteJabber Browser Extension

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DermStore staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
customerserviced1
A: Hello Marisa. To better assist you we would need to know what type of card you received. Please give us a call at 1.800.213.3376 or via email at service@dermstore.com and we'll be glad to help you place your order.
5 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
4/3/16
Answer
customerserviced1
A: DermStore is an authorized retailer for every one of the brands that we sell on our site. We get all of the products directly from the vendor/manufacturer. DermStore would never intentionally sell an expired product to our customers.
4/4/16