US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

buyerg

I am amazed by the people who say they had any trouble at all with the customer service. (in 36 reviews)

deel12

The first shipment arrives within a satisfactory time (within 2 weeks) BUT if you have further shipments ... (in 12 reviews)

ephraimf5

Ordered a fashion watch - same as the one I ordered 2 hours prior to this second order. (in 107 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

stephenc79
5/13/16

One of the most unpleasant on line buying experiences ever. The high handed arrogance and rudeness of the So-called"support" staff was unbelievable including arguing with me on the definition of US$ (I have been an accountant (CPA) for over 40 years). Goods lost and told it was my fault- never again. If I could score lower I would

jp155
4/15/16

Bought some parts, correct descriptions, etc. Shipped the wrong items and refused to cover my loss due to their incompetence. For a small items is ok, but I lost almost $70 due to this and not for my fault. And they still dare to ask me to refund them some of the money. Good thing I escalated it to paypal and was awarded the $, my only regret is not asking more from paypal.
When they ask you to cancel your paypal dispute, don't!! they will try to scam you out of your hard earned money.

marya391
2/29/16

My order was sent with 1 out of 3 of the parts. After many, many comments to customer service, I was asked to be patient. The agent promised that she would contact the manufacturer.

Today--3 months later--my customer service ticket was automatically cancelled because I hadn't responded in those 3 months. I've never know a company to need constant harassment to get them on track--especially when they begged me to be patient.

So I got a "great deal" on the product, but can't use it. So the real cost is a replacement product, my time and my aggravation. Fail.

getl2
2/25/16

I have ordered quite a few things mainly LED lamps from DX and usually had proper service. I had a problem towards the end of last year when some of their lamps went faulty and I had quite a rigmarole to have them replaced. I had the same problem and tried to report it in Jan this year2016 and my complaint just went stagnant. I tried to talk to their stupid chat online which takes an age to connect with skivvie who then just signed off saying they were rushing my problem and to check my email the following day, nothing and the day after, nothing, I've seen nothing to want to interact with this part time company with a pretentious customer services again.

jaaps6
2/4/16

I ordered some items total worth of 22 euros or so. DX.com made a mistake of shipping it to the wrong address. How they managed to do that is still a mistery because my address in their system (website) is accurate (I put it there myself obviously) and the address on the invoice was correct as well.
After waiting very long I tracked the package myself (took some real effort, no help from DX) and found out that it had the wrong address. By that time our national postal service had returned the package because it was undeliverable.
DX denied everything, told me I had given the wrong address myself and basically told me to piss off. So that was my last order at DX. I cannot trust those guys. I cannot trust them copying an address from their system without mistakes and I cannot trust them in solving their own problems. They did this at my (the customer's) expense.

Tip for consumers: Only place orders of small value. If something goes wrong (and DX makes mistakes) it's you the customer who suffers the consequences.

titob1
12/17/15

I never had any shipping (Croatia) issues and I don't care about shipping duration, I am patient enough.

But, however, if you encounter ANY problem with your product, don't expect too much help.
Why did I mention 'false advertising'?
Well, for a test I bought a UV mosquito catcher. Of course it did not work. So I put out a review explaining that mosquitos completely ignored the device.
And the review got bounced :). (This is my second negative review that got denied, so 2/2 :) ).
I did not ask for a refund or anything, just wanted to warn other buyers that it's just a pretty glowing ball that doesn't do what it advertises.

Thus beware...

balanr
11/16/15

I'm not going to say anything about the main dx.com website, as I never used it.
I did get a pretty good sized order from the EU warehouse. I knew I was overpaying, I just wanted to get it fast, without waiting in customs or pay import fees.
It did get here fast, but it seems the warehouse is only physically based in Europe, and taxes are not paid. As such, I had to get a day off to get to customs and pay 18 USD to get my goods.
I gave them the befit of the doubt and sent them proof of payment so they can reinbourse my fee. No reply from support, after dozens of phonecalls and E-Mails someone finally answered telling me I could not be reinboursed because I "didn't buy customs insurance".
I'll give it two stars, as products were good quality and got here fast, but the prices were high, taxes were high, support was rare and rude and worst of all, they are scamming people....

paulj83
11/11/15

was told no import duty to thailand only half my order arrived was charged $35 import duty and i will proberly have to pay the same when the rest arrive customer service not intrested could not care less will never deal with them again

buyerg
10/20/15

If you're looking for some electronic gadget or adapter or anything else slightly "techie", DealeXtreme offer you a LOT of options and low prices. I'm pretty sure that many of the eBay sellers actually get their stuff from DealeXtreme with a quantity discount.

Most of it is made in China, and some of it is of dubious quality. But DealeXtreme posts honest customer reviews, and you can pick out the good from the bad. The selection is fantastic, and they phase out older stuff in favor of newer versions very quickly. Depending on the item, I don't even care if the plastic is cheesy - I just want an adapter that fits and if I can get it for $1 instead of $10 on Amazon or $20 in the local store, guess which one I'll choose? Many times, its the same exact item.

They give you options for shipping too. Not just the type of service, but how to bundle your order. I like that. Whatever you choose, its FAST. And they respond just as quickly to any problems you have.

All in all, a great experience. I am amazed by the people who say they had any trouble at all with the customer service. It is one of the best I have ever dealt with for online purchases - responsive and intelligent service - and I've been buying bits and pieces from DealeXtreme for many years.

sunt2
10/1/15

Got some free shipping cables, of course the delivery time takes rather long from China. It has very low prices compared and if you do not have a hurry, it's a fine place to get it from. It eventually comes to your post box if small enough.
I've never, or will never buy an expensive or important electronic from this site, it's only for small, unimportant things like usb cables that you want to pay a dime for a dozen.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect a fast delivery, nor order something you might regret. Remember it's all ''Made in China''.

johnm552
9/30/15

received my tablet from dealextream and i am happy with it except it did not come with a charger and i thought that was poor service....every other company that sells cube i10 gives a charger .now i have to buy one...........i actually paid more at dealextream....... it will stop me from buying from them again

Tip for consumers: cube i10 is a dual os tablet ..my tablet will not update windows because it has no hd space...the 32 gig sd card cannot be used as part of hard drive therefore making this tablet useless no charger means i have to find one with a least 2 amp rating battery has very short power time .....the biggest problem is the hard drive is far too small for win 10 and it cannot be updated

gl1508
9/15/15

DX.com which I have used many times always asks for a review when you purchase an item. I purchased a cell phone cable and it broke the first time I used it. The end tab just fell off. I went to post this result and this is the response I received back from DX.com. If you are purchasing on a site and all the review are positive. Don't believe them. Here is the response I received. Also when I go to "my account", "my review", nothing is there.

"Dear customer,
Sorry for casing inconvenience.
Your recent review title "Broke the first time I used it.",which contains SKU 285866 has been unapproved for some reasons. See my account ->my review" or contact us via Email for details.
Email address: review@mail.dx.com

Thank you very much!
Sincerely,
DX Product Review Team""

deev5
9/1/15

"Worst customer service ever. before i placed my order i reached out to DX to ask them if my product would arrive on time for my holiday as i needed it to take with me. Given their long processing times and shipment times i thought i would be safe to ask. they assured me it would be ready by that date. after 6 business days i checked in to see if my order had been shipped yet and i was told it would be in a few days. when i expressed my concern and asked them to put a rush on it they dismissed my concern. so i said that given they guaranteed me the product would arrive on time when i ordered it and now they weren't giving me an answer with an arrival ETA if the product didnt come on time i would dispute the charge on my credit card. so they cancelled my order and disconnected the chat. they are dodgy at best. i wouldnt recommend them at all "

sharonp23
8/17/15

I came across this site by accident and so glad that I did. They have a huge selection of items. I was after a large air pump for an aquarium and they had a lot to select from at very competitive prices. Having already done a fair bit of research I decided to buy a 4 outlet pump which was cheaper than what I had been paying for a double outlet. I ordered on the Tuesday afternoon and received it early Thursday morning, my normal mail isn't that fast! The pump is working on 2 large aquariums and going strong. Communication with them was fantastic also. I was very impressed with this company, good prices, great range of goods, very fast delivery so I'm going back for more.

victorl33
8/4/15

the worst seller I have ever met. My package does not arrive, and returned due to usps problem. DealExtreme charged me shipping fee and made a partial refund. This is the first time I met such conditions, every time, when there are shipping issue, all the seller except DealExtreme made full refund. I wait for over a month, and get this result.
If you want a good service, just go amazon, or a least ebay, which can provide a full protection.

davidf112
8/1/15

This company has nothing but shocking service. I placed about 8 orders within a period of 4 weeks, only 3 of the orders were ever send. The rest DX.COM sent me invalid tracking numbers. I complained to their customer service and they make up all sorts of excuses. They try not give your money back even though they did not send you anything. Luckily I paid using paypal so I go my money back but be very careful as they are dishonest and try and trick you our of your hard earned cash. I WOULD NEVER BUY FROM THEM AGAIN and if you do IT IS AT YOUR OWN RISK!!

kevino33
7/29/15

It is hard to believe that a company will actually search you out to straighten out problems with orders. It is really amazing, nowadays, that a company will take the time to follow up on claim tickets to make sure everything was straightened out and went well. And when I found out that I was the one that dropped the ball, they asked me if I would give them another chance to fix anything that went wrong. Customer service like that, reminds me of how businesses use to be run here in the USA. It is nice to see companies who actually care about their customers, and remember who pays their bills. I have not had any big problems with deal extreme. The problems I have had were primarily shipping problems, and this is primarily out of their hands. They are very thoughtful about customer service dealings, like when they run out of an item they actually contact you to see if you want to wait until the item comes back in stock, or change the order, or just drop it off your order. It is nice when a company actually steps up and does what is right and what they should do.

christyh22
7/24/15

Ordered 50 units of Jet 1300-C Butane Lighter from this site (great deals for this lighter), they even offer a cheaper price for me. It takes 20 days to arrive and I'm happy with everything.

deans53
7/18/15

Should have learned my lesson the first time when it took 40+ days for something to arrive. Unfortunately some 18 months later have purchased another item and almost 36 days so far and not received. Have asked for a refund but DX.Com just keep saying give it another 2 weeks. There won't be a third time!

kurtg3
6/9/15

I placed an order for some batteries in October of 2014 and they never arrived. In December I contacted them and they said that it was at the post office (it wasn't). After contacting them again they said they would re-ship my items with a tracking number this time. Still haven't received my items and there is no tracking number to speak of. Contacted them again and was told the "post office has it" (they don't). Contacted them again and they say that the items were delivered (how do they know there was no tracking info) the items haven't been delivered. I would be happy to pay 10 times the cost to buy from a reputable company/website then to buy from Deal Extreme. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!! I Cannot emphasize this enough. STAY AWAY FROM Deal Extreme. TERIBBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Can't say much for their products because I have never received mine.

sonnyz
5/31/15

I ordered/paid for extra cell phone batteries from DealExtreme (DX) on 27 April 2015. DX notified me of shipment on 5 May 2015. Took DX 1 week to fill my order, horrible service. With DX no service lesson learnt, I placed order battery from eBay market place ($5 more than DX). Within 5 days I received battery from eBay merchant. At end of May, my DX order is still not here. DX service is going down hill. There are much better options available on the internet. DX won't get my business. Good bye DX.

tonys85
5/12/15

Worst online experience ever.Ordered a battery replacement for Nintendo 3DX over 6 weeks ago. Still have not received Item. And they cant tell me when I will receive it...all they do is apologize for delay...useless customer service. Shopping elsewhere next time,anywhere else

billh81
5/4/15

I ordered a UV flashlight and submitted my address and credit card number.
A few days later DX sent an email asking for a copy of my credit card as well as my driver’s license.
I will never send a credit card number through unsecured email, but I did send my drivers license copy.
I have never had to send ID for an online order, so this made me suspectful of their company
They already had my credit card number, so why would they ask for a copy unless they are phishing.
Nevertheless, they canceled my order within hours.
I can only guess that all these negative reviews are absolutely true!

alans64
5/1/15

What a rip off company.First shipment was lost after 3 months waiting.Was told items were reshipped its been 2 more months nothing.They say check my local postage dept.They need shut down.

alasdairm1
4/14/15

I used to be a big fan of DX once, that was before I needed to resolve an issue. I had two orders arrive damaged and faulty, and then discovered that their advertised offers of warranty and support are in fact totally fake. They only offer a refund if I ship the items back to China, and despite the minimum three month wait, the cost works out way higher than the item value. I tested the ticket system several different times, in different ways, and proved without a doubt that it is automated, I did this by opening five tickets at once each with different details, with variations in relativity, one not even having legible words in it, just typo mess, and yes, all five got the exact same response, so sorry DX, you fail there too. The 'live chat is beyond useless, it is painfully slow, the agents have little to no comprehension of English, and I suspect they use digital language conversion, or just look for relevant numbers, then cut and paste responses. Needless to say, I will never use them again. Our relationship is OVER! One word of advice, I have found much better China resellers, the key being, look for Email or phone number contactability and try it before you buy, avoid the faceless facade of automated ticket response companies, when you need them they just aren't actually there.

paulm189
4/10/15

My first experience with DealExtreme was and remains very bad. First, it took 40 days for the product to arrive. Second, it arrived defective. Third, the response I got via their ticket system to resolve this issue was beyond belief. Here is what they suggested:

1. Would I be willing to try to repair the product myself?
2. If I get it to work, would I want to try to sell it to someone else?
3. They would give me $5 store credit for my trouble.

I'm speechless at such a response.

I gave DealExtreme two options of my own:
1. Immediately send a replacement that works along with a prepaid shipping box to return the defective item.
2. Refund all of my money immediately and I'll move on.

So far, this matter remains unresolved.

flm
4/2/15

I FINALLY got my last three items, but it took about or over a month. "SLOW boat from China"!
Value for my money, but if you need something quickly, search elsewhere....
And, I can't in any way vouch for their reliability in shipping all items or any, for that matter. From what I read here, people lose money, never get their items, get them late or the items are defective....
Purchase from them at your own risk...

iourik
3/3/15

“NOT AN HONEST COMPANY - UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

I paid for my order and never received it. After numerous emails back and forth this company did not help!

Ref: 2CE206C12D5C40D5B822C572283A0D4F
I placed an order for a camera battery & followed up with them approx 10 days later on delivery status (they said to keep waiting). I contacted their service department again some time later and was told again to keep waiting 8 more days to see it will arrive. After another considerable time waiting the company sends me an email stating that the file is closed.

I still have not received anything till this day and I feel cheated… The product I ordered is not expensive or anything like that… It’s just a matter of principal now. I now see that there are many bad reviews online and I now understand why. I do not recommend dealing with them.”

michaelc149
3/2/15

Box never came after 5 weeks when they quoted 5-10 business days at purchase. their customer service numbers are bogus and the chat agents take 20 minutes to answer and then say you must wait 1-2 weeks it was spring festival here, no packages shipped from country for 2 weeks.

Tip for consumers: DONT

kevinq5
2/19/15

I'm still waiting on 4 parcels from 3 months ago! I requested a refund which they agreed to give me but when the time came to pony up the conversation went dead!! I will not be dealing with dealextreme EVER again and I Recommend others source out another company cause this one sucks!!!

pk35
1/30/15

Ordered some flashlights and batteries with expedited shipping. After 10 days I was told (when i opened a ticket) that packages didnt pass the security check because of batteries and were on their way back to DX. DX promised to reship them using regular post (no refund for change of shipping method promised) once they returned to DX.
Guess when they reshipped my items? 5 days? NO. 10 days? NO. Maybe 20 days? NOOOO!! Attention please - it took DX.com 49 days to reship after their own mistake.
But you willl never believe me when i'll tell you that DX.com reshipped via expedited post AGAIN, which doesnt allow batteries (new order #150109001082291656). 15 days have passed and DX still "waits for items to return".
Summary of DX.com services and customer support - avoid at all costs.

andrewb106
1/29/15

I ordered two Huawei batteries in October 2014. They hadn't arrived by December and I asked dealextreme (via email) to send them again. Six weeks later (end of Jan 2015) I have still received nothing. My recommendation would be to avoid this site completely. I don't think I'll see my money or the batteries ever again.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect to receive anything you order.

howardc18
1/20/15

Ordered 2 lithium batteries, DSTE Olympus LI-40B/42B Replacement 3.7V 1400mAh, 28 Oct 2014, now 20 Jan 2015 and still no product. Avoid this site.

peterv28
1/10/15

Bought 4 of SKU: 901320694 ZHISHUNJIA E27 12W 1000lm 6000K 24 x SMD 5630 LED White Light Lamp Bulb - White + Golden (85~265V)

I measured power consumption which was supposed to be 12 Watt but it was only 3 light output was comparable to a 20 watt incandescent bulb not a 100 watt bulb it should be.
At these specs this bulb is a horrible deal. Returns are made so difficult it is not worth your effort.

Posting a negative review on the website was not possible.

I CAN NOT STATE THIS MORE CLEARLY
STAY AWAY AT ALL COST !!!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy LED bulbs here their specs are exaggerated to the extreme.

alanr31
1/8/15

2 orders with deal extreme. the first order the item was not received 6 weeks alter. The second order i followed up on after 2 weeks, and was told the item would not be available for dispatch for another 2 weeks.

Shocking Bad service!

Tip for consumers: avoid at all costs

robk23
1/3/15

If your item is not in stock or no longer available, expect you money to be gone for good.
I had other positive experiences (however slow delivery), but would not use them again. Refused any refund and the store credit can never be used.

vincentd17
12/15/14

I took a chance and spent $30 on something based on the pictures of the item on dx.com. The item that I received did not have any of the features (Night vision binocular, Range finder telescope) that were shown in the pictures and that were listed. I am surprised that it has such high reviews despite the pictures on the web page being obvious fakes once you see the actual product. I guess that the cheap price should tip you off that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I tried to write a negative review and explain the false advertising made on the web page but the site would not let me submit a negative review. I guess that it would hurt their sales if everyone found out the website is full of lies. Next, I tried to chat with someone at dx.com and they basically blew me off by saying that they will "pay more attention". I told him that I would be monitoring that page to see if it gets updated with the truth.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Don't believe the advertisements.

kk63
12/15/14

As long as your merchandise works and is in order, DealExtreme is fine. But if you need to return a defective item, you must get their approval, print a code number and send it back after providing photographic proof of the stamped package. Up until now no problem. But then you will be issued a 100% bogus "STORE CREDIT", which you will not be able to redeem. In order to use this 'credit', Deal Extreme reps will suggest that you place another order, and pay for IT in full...and then, somehow--magically, maybe-- your credit will be applied. Buyer beware!

zorinkos
12/8/14

all is OK

sebasd
11/15/14

"I ordered a battery charger 6 weeks ago. Despite contacting them twice, I still have not received it. Below is their response. Note that they claim to have checked that my order is still in transit, which is impossible to check, as they have no tracking information. This must be a rogue company.

Dear Customer,

We feel extremely sorry for the long delay.
We have checked and confirmed your order is still on transit.
Delays are usually caused by a backlog of packages or delays in Customs. Please don't worry about your package!
Would you please wait patiently for another 10 days?
We will follow up the package and we can promise that your purchase with DX is safe. In the event of a lost package we will arrange a replacement.

Your patience is highly appreciated!

Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service

Tip for consumers: AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!

bobm117
11/14/14

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Order an item which they say shipped 9/11/2014. It's now 11/14/2014 and I have not received it. Online chat is useless. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

philp15
11/10/14

Took my money minutes after i submitted order.Nothing was ever shipped to me.All phone calls and emails were unanswered.Thanks to paypal i got a refund.Don't buy from this business.

Tip for consumers: GO TO ANY OTHER SUPPLIER TO BUY THE ITEM YOU WANT.

janisz
11/6/14

The only thing extreme about this place is the frustration. I wish there were Black Holes instead of stars, they would get 5 of those. 4 weeks and still waiting. The shipment keeps getting resent over and over because it contains lithium batteries. I asked them just to cancel it but no way. English comprehension seems to be very poor. Also, items you order may be unavailable but nowhere is this indicated on the web site and they certainly take your money at the speed of light. Looks like I will have to launch a dispute claim through Paypal. This is one site to delete from your favourites in the browser.”

Tip for consumers: Avoid

johny55
10/20/14

I think molasses at the North Pole moves quicker than this company. I ordered a screen cover for a cell phone, tried contacting customer service with no response and ultimately filed a dispute with PayPal. After filing the PayPal dispute and indicating that I no longer wanted the product due to the lack of response from the company's customer service and failure to deliver the product, I received the screen cover. I will never purchase from this company again and will advise my friends to do the same. I always wonder how a company like this is able to stay in business.

adadasa
10/17/14

DX is pure sh*t! Some of the WORS support I have ever got. Still havent recieved my item after more than a month! When you chat with them they just repeat "please wait some more time".

They are nothing else but SCAMMERS! Be aware!

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip: Avoid the site at all costs.

rajasamir
10/17/14

Recall your special day and occasion with the attraction of delicious Cake and other amazing gifts. Send Cakes to Mumbai at affordable price through online and spread the aura of your emotion and indulgence. Dedicate your emotion with the marvelous yummy Cake in an occasion to see the smile of yourdear ones. In order to retain the long lasting memory of your loved ones you should do something unique and creative and romantic.Delight your loved ones with a wide range of remarkable Cakes.

muratm
10/17/14

At first i ordered sku# 270691 item at 06/25/2014 (order# 140625001055209930) but they send wrong item. I contacted customer services and they offered me a difficult return procedure. I didn't want mess with their hardly understood procedures and then i ordered this item again at 09/02/2014 (order# 140902001043829867) but warned them so many times before and after purchase. But this stupid DX has sent the wrong item second time. Their lack of seriousness caused me to lose $43,74. Now i want my money back but they always offered me their nonsensical procedures. Deal Extreme is a fraudulent company !

Tip for consumers: Stay away from DX !

ephraimf5
10/10/14

BS on customer service
Ordered a fashion watch - same as the one I ordered 2 hours prior to this second order. The first order came in after 2 weeks. the second watch NONE. after more than 45 days waiting they give you BS about waiting 2 more weeks.

===========================

I know I made this review a couple months ago when the problem was still fresh. Now that its been a couple of months, I am changing it to 2 stars instead. They did respond via email to my complaint, but I am still not recommending them. Other people may have had better experiences. I for one have ordered from them in the past and they have delivered, and its only this last one that really messed up so I guess the law of averages in terms of customer service caught up with them. So, the bottom line is, if you want to order from them, just learn to live with the RISK.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

constantins
10/3/14

Good prices but thats about it with the positive points.

Shipping is slow and the tracking service they use is not clear at all
No answers on emailed questions/no cusomter support
Phone hotline never picks up

I do not recommend to buy products here. The product was about 8% cheaper than on amazon - i should have bought it there and saved my time getting angry about waiting for a product forever.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT expect your products to arriver in less than 2 weeks. You might as well just order it from a different continent and it will arrive faster.

paulh110
10/2/14

Never order here, ordered a led strip. Had to wait for months before I receive the items. After a few times contacting the "Customer Service" ( they tell you every time to wait ( and wait ))..... the finally reshipped the items. When I received the led strip a few leds were defect. Now contacting the "Customer Service" AGAIN ! and they tell you every time to wait ( and wait )....

Don't order at DX!

Tip for consumers: Do not order here!

5 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DealeXtreme staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question