US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jacquelinet

their customer service is also horrible; i once asked a question and didnt get a reply until a week after. (in 29 reviews)

ephraimf5

Ordered a fashion watch - same as the one I ordered 2 hours prior to this second order. (in 96 reviews)

deel12

The first shipment arrives within a satisfactory time (within 2 weeks) BUT if you have further shipments ... (in 11 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kurtg3
6/9/15

I placed an order for some batteries in October of 2014 and they never arrived. In December I contacted them and they said that it was at the post office (it wasn't). After contacting them again they said they would re-ship my items with a tracking number this time. Still haven't received my items and there is no tracking number to speak of. Contacted them again and was told the "post office has it" (they don't). Contacted them again and they say that the items were delivered (how do they know there was no tracking info) the items haven't been delivered. I would be happy to pay 10 times the cost to buy from a reputable company/website then to buy from Deal Extreme. DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME AND MONEY WITH THIS COMPANY!! I Cannot emphasize this enough. STAY AWAY FROM Deal Extreme. TERIBBLE COMPANY, TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE. Can't say much for their products because I have never received mine.

sonnyz
5/31/15

I ordered/paid for extra cell phone batteries from DealExtreme (DX) on 27 April 2015. DX notified me of shipment on 5 May 2015. Took DX 1 week to fill my order, horrible service. With DX no service lesson learnt, I placed order battery from eBay market place ($5 more than DX). Within 5 days I received battery from eBay merchant. At end of May, my DX order is still not here. DX service is going down hill. There are much better options available on the internet. DX won't get my business. Good bye DX.

tonys85
5/12/15

Worst online experience ever.Ordered a battery replacement for Nintendo 3DX over 6 weeks ago. Still have not received Item. And they cant tell me when I will receive it...all they do is apologize for delay...useless customer service. Shopping elsewhere next time,anywhere else

billh81
5/4/15

I ordered a UV flashlight and submitted my address and credit card number.
A few days later DX sent an email asking for a copy of my credit card as well as my driver’s license.
I will never send a credit card number through unsecured email, but I did send my drivers license copy.
I have never had to send ID for an online order, so this made me suspectful of their company
They already had my credit card number, so why would they ask for a copy unless they are phishing.
Nevertheless, they canceled my order within hours.
I can only guess that all these negative reviews are absolutely true!

alans64
5/1/15

What a rip off company.First shipment was lost after 3 months waiting.Was told items were reshipped its been 2 more months nothing.They say check my local postage dept.They need shut down.

alasdairm1
4/14/15

I used to be a big fan of DX once, that was before I needed to resolve an issue. I had two orders arrive damaged and faulty, and then discovered that their advertised offers of warranty and support are in fact totally fake. They only offer a refund if I ship the items back to China, and despite the minimum three month wait, the cost works out way higher than the item value. I tested the ticket system several different times, in different ways, and proved without a doubt that it is automated, I did this by opening five tickets at once each with different details, with variations in relativity, one not even having legible words in it, just typo mess, and yes, all five got the exact same response, so sorry DX, you fail there too. The 'live chat is beyond useless, it is painfully slow, the agents have little to no comprehension of English, and I suspect they use digital language conversion, or just look for relevant numbers, then cut and paste responses. Needless to say, I will never use them again. Our relationship is OVER! One word of advice, I have found much better China resellers, the key being, look for Email or phone number contactability and try it before you buy, avoid the faceless facade of automated ticket response companies, when you need them they just aren't actually there.

paulm189
4/10/15

My first experience with DealExtreme was and remains very bad. First, it took 40 days for the product to arrive. Second, it arrived defective. Third, the response I got via their ticket system to resolve this issue was beyond belief. Here is what they suggested:

1. Would I be willing to try to repair the product myself?
2. If I get it to work, would I want to try to sell it to someone else?
3. They would give me $5 store credit for my trouble.

I'm speechless at such a response.

I gave DealExtreme two options of my own:
1. Immediately send a replacement that works along with a prepaid shipping box to return the defective item.
2. Refund all of my money immediately and I'll move on.

So far, this matter remains unresolved.

flm
4/2/15

I FINALLY got my last three items, but it took about or over a month. "SLOW boat from China"!
Value for my money, but if you need something quickly, search elsewhere....
And, I can't in any way vouch for their reliability in shipping all items or any, for that matter. From what I read here, people lose money, never get their items, get them late or the items are defective....
Purchase from them at your own risk...

iourik
3/3/15

“NOT AN HONEST COMPANY - UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

I paid for my order and never received it. After numerous emails back and forth this company did not help!

Ref: 2CE206C12D5C40D5B822C572283A0D4F
I placed an order for a camera battery & followed up with them approx 10 days later on delivery status (they said to keep waiting). I contacted their service department again some time later and was told again to keep waiting 8 more days to see it will arrive. After another considerable time waiting the company sends me an email stating that the file is closed.

I still have not received anything till this day and I feel cheated… The product I ordered is not expensive or anything like that… It’s just a matter of principal now. I now see that there are many bad reviews online and I now understand why. I do not recommend dealing with them.”

michaelc149
3/2/15

Box never came after 5 weeks when they quoted 5-10 business days at purchase. their customer service numbers are bogus and the chat agents take 20 minutes to answer and then say you must wait 1-2 weeks it was spring festival here, no packages shipped from country for 2 weeks.

Tip for consumers: DONT

kevinq5
2/19/15

I'm still waiting on 4 parcels from 3 months ago! I requested a refund which they agreed to give me but when the time came to pony up the conversation went dead!! I will not be dealing with dealextreme EVER again and I Recommend others source out another company cause this one sucks!!!

pk35
1/30/15

Ordered some flashlights and batteries with expedited shipping. After 10 days I was told (when i opened a ticket) that packages didnt pass the security check because of batteries and were on their way back to DX. DX promised to reship them using regular post (no refund for change of shipping method promised) once they returned to DX.
Guess when they reshipped my items? 5 days? NO. 10 days? NO. Maybe 20 days? NOOOO!! Attention please - it took DX.com 49 days to reship after their own mistake.
But you willl never believe me when i'll tell you that DX.com reshipped via expedited post AGAIN, which doesnt allow batteries (new order #150109001082291656). 15 days have passed and DX still "waits for items to return".
Summary of DX.com services and customer support - avoid at all costs.

andrewb106
1/29/15

I ordered two Huawei batteries in October 2014. They hadn't arrived by December and I asked dealextreme (via email) to send them again. Six weeks later (end of Jan 2015) I have still received nothing. My recommendation would be to avoid this site completely. I don't think I'll see my money or the batteries ever again.

Tip for consumers: Don't expect to receive anything you order.

howardc18
1/20/15

Ordered 2 lithium batteries, DSTE Olympus LI-40B/42B Replacement 3.7V 1400mAh, 28 Oct 2014, now 20 Jan 2015 and still no product. Avoid this site.

peterv28
1/10/15

Bought 4 of SKU: 901320694 ZHISHUNJIA E27 12W 1000lm 6000K 24 x SMD 5630 LED White Light Lamp Bulb - White + Golden (85~265V)

I measured power consumption which was supposed to be 12 Watt but it was only 3 light output was comparable to a 20 watt incandescent bulb not a 100 watt bulb it should be.
At these specs this bulb is a horrible deal. Returns are made so difficult it is not worth your effort.

Posting a negative review on the website was not possible.

I CAN NOT STATE THIS MORE CLEARLY
STAY AWAY AT ALL COST !!!

Tip for consumers: Do not buy LED bulbs here their specs are exaggerated to the extreme.

alanr31
1/8/15

2 orders with deal extreme. the first order the item was not received 6 weeks alter. The second order i followed up on after 2 weeks, and was told the item would not be available for dispatch for another 2 weeks.

Shocking Bad service!

Tip for consumers: avoid at all costs

robk23
1/3/15

If your item is not in stock or no longer available, expect you money to be gone for good.
I had other positive experiences (however slow delivery), but would not use them again. Refused any refund and the store credit can never be used.

vincentd17
12/15/14

I took a chance and spent $30 on something based on the pictures of the item on dx.com. The item that I received did not have any of the features (Night vision binocular, Range finder telescope) that were shown in the pictures and that were listed. I am surprised that it has such high reviews despite the pictures on the web page being obvious fakes once you see the actual product. I guess that the cheap price should tip you off that if it sounds too good to be true it probably is. I tried to write a negative review and explain the false advertising made on the web page but the site would not let me submit a negative review. I guess that it would hurt their sales if everyone found out the website is full of lies. Next, I tried to chat with someone at dx.com and they basically blew me off by saying that they will "pay more attention". I told him that I would be monitoring that page to see if it gets updated with the truth.

Tip for consumers: Buyer beware. Don't believe the advertisements.

kk63
12/15/14

As long as your merchandise works and is in order, DealExtreme is fine. But if you need to return a defective item, you must get their approval, print a code number and send it back after providing photographic proof of the stamped package. Up until now no problem. But then you will be issued a 100% bogus "STORE CREDIT", which you will not be able to redeem. In order to use this 'credit', Deal Extreme reps will suggest that you place another order, and pay for IT in full...and then, somehow--magically, maybe-- your credit will be applied. Buyer beware!

zorinkos
12/8/14

all is OK

sebasd
11/15/14

"I ordered a battery charger 6 weeks ago. Despite contacting them twice, I still have not received it. Below is their response. Note that they claim to have checked that my order is still in transit, which is impossible to check, as they have no tracking information. This must be a rogue company.

Dear Customer,

We feel extremely sorry for the long delay.
We have checked and confirmed your order is still on transit.
Delays are usually caused by a backlog of packages or delays in Customs. Please don't worry about your package!
Would you please wait patiently for another 10 days?
We will follow up the package and we can promise that your purchase with DX is safe. In the event of a lost package we will arrange a replacement.

Your patience is highly appreciated!

Yours Sincerely,
Customer Service

Tip for consumers: AVOID AVOID AVOID AVOID!

bobm117
11/14/14

DO NOT USE THIS COMPANY!!! Order an item which they say shipped 9/11/2014. It's now 11/14/2014 and I have not received it. Online chat is useless. Worst company I've ever dealt with.

Tip for consumers: AVOID AT ALL COSTS!!!

philp15
11/10/14

Took my money minutes after i submitted order.Now 7 weeks and haven't recieved item.Very hard to get in touch but when you do always an excuse.Don't buy from this business.

Tip for consumers: GO TO ANY OTHER SUPPLIER TO BUY THE ITEM YOU WANT.

janisz
11/6/14

The only thing extreme about this place is the frustration. I wish there were Black Holes instead of stars, they would get 5 of those. 4 weeks and still waiting. The shipment keeps getting resent over and over because it contains lithium batteries. I asked them just to cancel it but no way. English comprehension seems to be very poor. Also, items you order may be unavailable but nowhere is this indicated on the web site and they certainly take your money at the speed of light. Looks like I will have to launch a dispute claim through Paypal. This is one site to delete from your favourites in the browser.”

Tip for consumers: Avoid

johny55
10/20/14

I think molasses at the North Pole moves quicker than this company. I ordered a screen cover for a cell phone, tried contacting customer service with no response and ultimately filed a dispute with PayPal. After filing the PayPal dispute and indicating that I no longer wanted the product due to the lack of response from the company's customer service and failure to deliver the product, I received the screen cover. I will never purchase from this company again and will advise my friends to do the same. I always wonder how a company like this is able to stay in business.

adadasa
10/17/14

DX is pure sh*t! Some of the WORS support I have ever got. Still havent recieved my item after more than a month! When you chat with them they just repeat "please wait some more time".

They are nothing else but SCAMMERS! Be aware!

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip: Avoid the site at all costs.

rajasamir
10/17/14

Recall your special day and occasion with the attraction of delicious Cake and other amazing gifts. Send Cakes to Mumbai at affordable price through online and spread the aura of your emotion and indulgence. Dedicate your emotion with the marvelous yummy Cake in an occasion to see the smile of yourdear ones. In order to retain the long lasting memory of your loved ones you should do something unique and creative and romantic.Delight your loved ones with a wide range of remarkable Cakes.

muratm
10/17/14

At first i ordered sku# 270691 item at 06/25/2014 (order# 140625001055209930) but they send wrong item. I contacted customer services and they offered me a difficult return procedure. I didn't want mess with their hardly understood procedures and then i ordered this item again at 09/02/2014 (order# 140902001043829867) but warned them so many times before and after purchase. But this stupid DX has sent the wrong item second time. Their lack of seriousness caused me to lose $43,74. Now i want my money back but they always offered me their nonsensical procedures. Deal Extreme is a fraudulent company !

Tip for consumers: Stay away from DX !

ephraimf5
10/10/14

BS on customer service
Ordered a fashion watch - same as the one I ordered 2 hours prior to this second order. The first order came in after 2 weeks. the second watch NONE. after more than 45 days waiting they give you BS about waiting 2 more weeks.

===========================

I know I made this review a couple months ago when the problem was still fresh. Now that its been a couple of months, I am changing it to 2 stars instead. They did respond via email to my complaint, but I am still not recommending them. Other people may have had better experiences. I for one have ordered from them in the past and they have delivered, and its only this last one that really messed up so I guess the law of averages in terms of customer service caught up with them. So, the bottom line is, if you want to order from them, just learn to live with the RISK.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!

constantins
10/3/14

Good prices but thats about it with the positive points.

Shipping is slow and the tracking service they use is not clear at all
No answers on emailed questions/no cusomter support
Phone hotline never picks up

I do not recommend to buy products here. The product was about 8% cheaper than on amazon - i should have bought it there and saved my time getting angry about waiting for a product forever.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT expect your products to arriver in less than 2 weeks. You might as well just order it from a different continent and it will arrive faster.

paulh110
10/2/14

Never order here, ordered a led strip. Had to wait for months before I receive the items. After a few times contacting the "Customer Service" ( they tell you every time to wait ( and wait ))..... the finally reshipped the items. When I received the led strip a few leds were defect. Now contacting the "Customer Service" AGAIN ! and they tell you every time to wait ( and wait )....

Don't order at DX!

Tip for consumers: Do not order here!

danielef
9/30/14

I've ordered and received more than 30 items. You get what you pay for. Super cheap gadgets, free delivery. Of course can't be perfect. All who rated 1 star forget that. Try once and you'll understand that is a nice website for buying gifts. Take your time, sometimes i've waited 10 weeks for a delivery. It's also SUPERimportant to make one order for each item you want. If you make multiple orders, you will be surely disappointed. It will take a lot more. But i've always received everything. If you want a better service, pay it four-Times on amazon.

Tip for consumers: No multiple orders, don't expect fast service.

eo202
9/30/14

They steel your money for 5 months never got the items or the money back
DO NOT BUY FROM THEM unless you want your money stolen
I been asking for my money back since I never got my item
Horrible company!!!!

Tip for consumers: The steel your money!!!!
Do not my from them!!!

carlg14
9/28/14

They had good deals but if something goes wrong don't expect them to make it good They shipped my order for 4 AA batteries twice never got here but confirmed delivery the 2nd time BS slow run around and a website that can drive you nuts

Tip for consumers: Slow hit & miss stay away

marinod7
9/21/14

Horrible! False advertising, misleading order times etc, etc,.
The website is advertising a delivery time in 7-9 business days anyware in Europe, i have waited for 14 business days, and nothing. I have contacted them and i was told that it is gonna take a additional 2 weeks, so much for the 7-9 business days anyware in Europe...
I have contacted the "Service center" on this matter, and when i was told i need to wait an extra 2 weeks i asked for a refund coz i don't want to wait so long for my order. They gave me an email and Kick me out of the Chat.
I have contacted the email i was given to get a refund, that first email gave me another email address where i should get a refund, then that email gave me a third email well i would appranty 100% get my refund, now this third email address told me that they cannot help since "the Manager is out of Town."
Thank you DealExtreme AND NEVER AGAIN!

Tip for consumers: Don't order here!

jaisonl
9/1/14

This website is very inconsistent. I ordered three watches. Two watches worked but the third watch did not work at all. When I tried to return it they emailed me to mail it to a location in California. Then they never refunded me my money. Therefore, if you order something from this website you will most likely get ripped off and never get your money back. I have not anymoremthings from this website. I prefer to save my money. I recommend you NOT buy anything from this website. They will steal your money. NOT RECOMMENDED!!!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT order anything from this website as they will steal your money and send you broken items!!! NOT RECOMMENDED!!!!!

coolv
8/27/14

This company is a scam. stay away from this. The price is lucrative but you are not sure if you will get working merchandise. Ordered LED lights which I received defective. After I returned I was told that I will have to bear the shipping cost and on the top of it they will deduct $9. Not trustworthy at all.
Thanks

Tip for consumers: Their prices are lucrative but whether you will receive the goods in working order or not is not guaranteed. It is better to pay extra and get the peace of mind.

barryb28
8/21/14

Just ordered an item on the Australian Web after beng directed from world site and assumed order was in Australian dollars as price had Risen $6 . Ok difference in exchange rate was to be expected so went ahead with order via PayPal to find order was still in US dollars . Certainly feel ripped off,as the original site price included free delivery.

annas74
8/17/14

Never use this site for shopping. 15 days before I ordered mobile, they charged me immediately, but still my payment is not confirmed by them I see it in my account and then they stop even to reply me anymore I try to call them but their phone are always closed! So I'm sure I gonna never get my money or the item, please be aware!

nathanb57
8/14/14

I have used DealExtreme for over five years. I quickly adapted to the fact that their items can sometimes take eight or nine weeks to arrive, and simply made sure that I ordered items that were not urgent. From dozens of orders, the occasional one failed to show up within ten weeks, and their customer services immediately resent the same SKU as soon as I contacted them. All was well...

...until this year. For some reason they have started using "Malaysia Post" (DX are not in Malaysia; I am not in Malaysia). Using Malaysia Post (let's call them MalPost) seems to have the same effect as flinging the packages into a black hole. They've simply stopped arriving.

No problem. Ask for them to be resent, right?

Customer services this year has been brilliant. Absolutely incredible. As long as all you need is someone to respond in broken English "please wait some time" again and again and again, they are PERFECT. If, on the other hand, you actually need some, y'know, SERVICE, then you're out of luck.

Perhaps the DX.com forums can help? Nope. It seems that if you say anything bad about DX.com on the feedback forums, you are immediately trolled by a small (but overwhelmingly pathetic) mob of unemployed freaks, who depend on their six dollars of DX.com affiliate credit each month to such a great extent that they virtually live to ridicule anyone who suggests that DX.com could possibly bear responsibility for DX.com packages failing to arrive with their customers. It seems that the actual DealExtreme staff even encourage this incredibly offensive barrage of educationally-subnormal jibes and logic that would stump even The Riddler from the 1960s Batman TV show.

tl;dr - DX.com bad bad

Tip for consumers: Use another site.

jb99
8/1/14

Ordered 5 hygrometers from these folks - website I ordered from inferred that this was an onshore company - these folks are based in HK.

Shipping took forever.

Products were defective - return process is ridiculous - you can't contact them via email or phone but have to go online to open a "ticket" through their site. You then get an RMA but are required to photograph the package, shipping receipt etc.

Still have yet to get my refund, just contacted them again today. Nearly two months since original order.

Steer clear.

lanf2
7/30/14

Well, generally speaking, don't waste your time here.
I ordered an underwater camera in Feb for a trip in Apr. And the order hardly made it. It took more than a month!!
I've never experienced such a long delivery time.
OK, we board the cruise and found the underwater camera sold on the ship is even cheaper than this.
The "underwater" camera broke as soon as it got into water >.<
I came back and asked for refund. They asked for pics of the ruined product. WTH, who would take a black-water-dripping junk back home!? Well, they said there is nothing we can do then. Even no store credit offered. That's it.

wolfgangk
7/26/14

DX shipped only one item instead of two. When I complained, the customer service representative just repeated again and again that they had shipped everything. Eventually, I gave up and counted my losses. I paid for something I have never received.

vinces12
7/11/14

Ordered a bluetooth speaker. SKU 262756
Will not connect to Bluetooth. Blue LED only flashes 2 times instead of 6 as instructions say. Does not have a red or green LED as instructions say. Does not look like or have same controls as instructions show. Unable to get it to connect with bluetooth phone.

peterm96
7/9/14

I have been waiting nearly a month for my order, I have tried to contact dealextreme by phone (not answered), by email (returned undeliverable), and by "ticket" (they did not bother to respond), I have contacted Paypal and filed a dispute.
If I could give them 0 stars I would. DO NOT USE DEALEXTREME.

ryanb53
7/9/14

It's a typical company that wants to rip you off of your money, STAY AWAY from this company. I have been waiting 2 months for my package to arrive, and they will not refund me my money. Don't ever let prices fool you.

worse yet.

I contact DealExtreme regarding my package, and EVERYTIME they keep saying wait another week... Yanoe, how many weeks are they going to keep saying the same thing, resolving nothing. Just trust these reviews and stay away from this website.

philm21
7/8/14

I have a similar story to most other people on here but with a twist! I am complaining about DXListing which is part of Deal Extreme where they sell products for other sellers rather like Amazon Marketplace. You still deal, or try to, with Deal Extreme and receive the same dreadful non-service. I have had the usual "please be patient and wait" messages but when you are told that the original estimate of 7 - 21 days delivery should actually have read "2 - 6 weeks" you start to lose patience. Not only that but the 2 - 6 weeks are Chinese weeks as they do not include weekends and public holidays so, how long is a week? Is it 5 days or is it 7?

DX stopped responding to my messages when I asked for a refund so I have just filed a dispute with PayPal as it is 42 days since the original order was placed. We'll see what happens but, my advice is; DON'T BUY FROM DEAL EXTREME!

rogerion
6/18/14

I used to order items and receive in 1-2 months. It's been over three months and I haven't received any of my three packages allegedly underway, two of them I've been waiting for over six months. DealExtreme refuses to refund the orders. Apparently they've turned into a scam domain.

mrugeshp
6/15/14

I ordered a car stand for my phone and after waiting for 6 weeks they told me to wait for a couple more days. Two weeks later when i followed up about my shipment, they told me that the shipment has been delayed. at least they helped me get a refund don't know if i'll actually be refunded for the items purchased.

bobm104
6/11/14

DealExtreme is complete garbage. I waited 5 week as they recommended. Then they said to wait another week, which I did. Into the 7th week I made a so-called "ticket" to request reimbursement. They refused to respond to this. Then I posted a complaint with PayPal to request reimbursement. To date (June 11, 2014) I believe I have been robbed by DealExtreme and so far no help from PayPal. PayPal should avoid any connection with DealExtreme.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the DealeXtreme staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Dealextreme is legit website for products thing?
5/14/15
Answer
andrewb106
A: It does exist and products are sometimes delivered. But often nothing seems to arrive. I don't know why this is but suspect it is something to do with the way orders are processed and mailed. So you need to be prepared to lose your money.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the DealeXtreme staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

DealeXtreme?