US Government's NSF

Hung Hom, Kowloon
Tel: (+86) 1353-0080-484

99 Reviews for DealeXtreme

Review Highlights

Do not order if you have to have this item in less that a couple of weeks.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

8/17/14

Never use this site for shopping. 15 days before I ordered mobile, they charged me immediately, but still my payment is not confirmed by them I see it in my account and then they stop even to reply me anymore I try to call them but their phone are always closed! So I'm sure I gonna never get my money or the item, please be aware!

8/14/14

I have used DealExtreme for over five years. I quickly adapted to the fact that their items can sometimes take eight or nine weeks to arrive, and simply made sure that I ordered items that were not urgent. From dozens of orders, the occasional one failed to show up within ten weeks, and their customer services immediately resent the same SKU as soon as I contacted them. All was well...

...until this year. For some reason they have started using "Malaysia Post" (DX are not in Malaysia; I am not in Malaysia). Using Malaysia Post (let's call them MalPost) seems to have the same effect as flinging the packages into a black hole. They've simply stopped arriving.

No problem. Ask for them to be resent, right?

Customer services this year has been brilliant. Absolutely incredible. As long as all you need is someone to respond in broken English "please wait some time" again and again and again, they are PERFECT. If, on the other hand, you actually need some, y'know, SERVICE, then you're out of luck.

Perhaps the DX.com forums can help? Nope. It seems that if you say anything bad about DX.com on the feedback forums, you are immediately trolled by a small (but overwhelmingly pathetic) mob of unemployed freaks, who depend on their six dollars of DX.com affiliate credit each month to such a great extent that they virtually live to ridicule anyone who suggests that DX.com could possibly bear responsibility for DX.com packages failing to arrive with their customers. It seems that the actual DealExtreme staff even encourage this incredibly offensive barrage of educationally-subnormal jibes and logic that would stump even The Riddler from the 1960s Batman TV show.

tl;dr - DX.com bad bad

Tip for consumers: Use another site.

8/1/14

Ordered 5 hygrometers from these folks - website I ordered from inferred that this was an onshore company - these folks are based in HK.

Shipping took forever.

Products were defective - return process is ridiculous - you can't contact them via email or phone but have to go online to open a "ticket" through their site. You then get an RMA but are required to photograph the package, shipping receipt etc.

Still have yet to get my refund, just contacted them again today. Nearly two months since original order.

Steer clear.

7/30/14

Well, generally speaking, don't waste your time here.
I ordered an underwater camera in Feb for a trip in Apr. And the order hardly made it. It took more than a month!!
I've never experienced such a long delivery time.
OK, we board the cruise and found the underwater camera sold on the ship is even cheaper than this.
The "underwater" camera broke as soon as it got into water >.<
I came back and asked for refund. They asked for pics of the ruined product. WTH, who would take a black-water-dripping junk back home!? Well, they said there is nothing we can do then. Even no store credit offered. That's it.

7/26/14

DX shipped only one item instead of two. When I complained, the customer service representative just repeated again and again that they had shipped everything. Eventually, I gave up and counted my losses. I paid for something I have never received.

7/11/14

Ordered a bluetooth speaker. SKU 262756
Will not connect to Bluetooth. Blue LED only flashes 2 times instead of 6 as instructions say. Does not have a red or green LED as instructions say. Does not look like or have same controls as instructions show. Unable to get it to connect with bluetooth phone.

7/9/14

I have been waiting nearly a month for my order, I have tried to contact dealextreme by phone (not answered), by email (returned undeliverable), and by "ticket" (they did not bother to respond), I have contacted Paypal and filed a dispute.
If I could give them 0 stars I would. DO NOT USE DEALEXTREME.

7/9/14

It's a typical company that wants to rip you off of your money, STAY AWAY from this company. I have been waiting 2 months for my package to arrive, and they will not refund me my money. Don't ever let prices fool you.

worse yet.

I contact DealExtreme regarding my package, and EVERYTIME they keep saying wait another week... Yanoe, how many weeks are they going to keep saying the same thing, resolving nothing. Just trust these reviews and stay away from this website.

7/8/14

I have a similar story to most other people on here but with a twist! I am complaining about DXListing which is part of Deal Extreme where they sell products for other sellers rather like Amazon Marketplace. You still deal, or try to, with Deal Extreme and receive the same dreadful non-service. I have had the usual "please be patient and wait" messages but when you are told that the original estimate of 7 - 21 days delivery should actually have read "2 - 6 weeks" you start to lose patience. Not only that but the 2 - 6 weeks are Chinese weeks as they do not include weekends and public holidays so, how long is a week? Is it 5 days or is it 7?

DX stopped responding to my messages when I asked for a refund so I have just filed a dispute with PayPal as it is 42 days since the original order was placed. We'll see what happens but, my advice is; DON'T BUY FROM DEAL EXTREME!

6/18/14

I used to order items and receive in 1-2 months. It's been over three months and I haven't received any of my three packages allegedly underway, two of them I've been waiting for over six months. DealExtreme refuses to refund the orders. Apparently they've turned into a scam domain.

6/15/14

I ordered a car stand for my phone and after waiting for 6 weeks they told me to wait for a couple more days. Two weeks later when i followed up about my shipment, they told me that the shipment has been delayed. at least they helped me get a refund don't know if i'll actually be refunded for the items purchased.

6/11/14

DealExtreme is complete garbage. I waited 5 week as they recommended. Then they said to wait another week, which I did. Into the 7th week I made a so-called "ticket" to request reimbursement. They refused to respond to this. Then I posted a complaint with PayPal to request reimbursement. To date (June 11, 2014) I believe I have been robbed by DealExtreme and so far no help from PayPal. PayPal should avoid any connection with DealExtreme.

5/12/14

I bought and paid for a product, they didn't deliver and continued to give excuses about refunds. It is $33 I won't get back. Save yourself the hassle and flush your money down the toilet, at least that way its gone without wasting weeks of your life

5/8/14

Never received what I ordered wish I would have checked here first. Finally filed a claim with PayPal and they refunded my money. Ordered from other site and had it in two days.

5/6/14

I have worst experience with dx.com,
I order 2 items wire tracker $40 and android smart tv both total $150, i paid additional $20 for expedite shipping.
First problem, i actually order 3 items, but 1 item not in stock so they refund to my paypal full amount and paypal cut the refund and i did not get full amount there was $16 cut from paypal. The problem was dx refund after i pay extra 20 usd for expedited shipment of 3 items and second problem they did not confirm me when they refund, i can buy something so they dont have to refund. Well for this matter i can forgive them.
Second problem was, they sent my 2 items into 2 package using dhl and ems and they stupidity declare 150 usd for each package, and the impact i must paid high taxes around 45 usd for 40 usd wire tracker amazing. When i paid extra 20 usd for expedited shiping they did not tell me that they want to sent into 2 packages.
And until i wrote this review my second package by ems is not arrived yet after 2 weeks from my last order again amazing.
Third problem was wire tracker i order http://dx.com/p/147377, is a piece of junk, the review for this item are fake, the tracker is not working properly, the tracker feature it has are useless and has low quality. So 40 usd item with 45 usd taxes are for nothing. I can t rma it, it will cause extra cost for shipping.
I try to wrote review regarding the product, but they delete my review, eventhough i legitimate buyer for the product.

I try to contact their cs with chat, they are not helping at all,
no win solution and always show me rule at wrote at their website.

Well dont waste your time and money to shop with dx.com
My experince with ebay are better then dx free shipping bull$#*!.

My order id 140419001025661563

5/4/14

DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME. If you plan on ordering from this site I can save you time. wait for a windy day, go outside and throw your money in the air. You'll get the same amount of product AND customer service doing that as buying from this website. Awful all around.

4/24/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. It's been close to 2 months since I placed a order with them and all I get as a response is that I should wait a little longer. They also don't adhere to their 'timely' refund policy either. Using the ticket service or online chat is absolutely hopeless as they just ask rhetorical questions and end with asking you to wait longer once again. China may be on the other side of the world but never in my experience has any product taken over 15 days tops to get to me. Buyers beware.

4/10/14

Very unsatisfied customer, no customer service at all.
I will never buy anything fro you again, placed my order and lost my monies, never received my order and cant get in touch with customer service

4/1/14

I ordered some lighters from this site for really cheap. Seemed like a wonderful deal. Little did I know that I would be waiting over a month and still not seeing any product. The shipment tracker for this site is atrocious and switches dates back and forth often. Not to mention the horrid customer service. While in an online chat for this site the rep continued sending me a link to another website shipment tracker (which should atone for how awful their own website' sis seeing as how they don't even use it) while I was trying to explain my worries and troubles. She then tried telling me that the shipment had "already reached my place" which I assured her it had not. In the midst of me trying to explain to her that I was told it could take 2-4 weeks for shipping, which I was not thrilled about but okay with seeing as how the price was so low, and had been waiting for over a month she left the chat after telling me I should check with my local post office first. Not that it really needs saying at this point but I am very unhappy with the entire experience and will not be shopping here again. Nor will I recommend this site to even my worst enemies.

3/31/14

Sorry site will not accept zero stars, so had to enter one star - still toooooo many!!!

I placed order in Sept 2013, took over 2 months to arrive, reported missing item which was sent without problem to their credit. However, returned one item faulty which they have lost.

Since been presented by stupid mindless automaton responses, claiming never received. BUT in Nov 2013 I was assured a replacement was sent!!

Ever since reporting thier error. They now claim do not have proof sent as instructed to THIER site 3 times yet still denie receipt.

DO NOT BE ENTICED BY THEIR ATTRACTIVE SITE & PRICES. BUYER BEWARE!!!!!

3/24/14

Thieves!

Do not order from them.
Ordered slim case for Nokia 1520 in December 2013 and emailed them after promised 20 day delivery time. Received response that it'd be there in just a few more days. Never arrived and they will not respond to any emails since. They seem to know the exact time limits for paypal recourse.

3/11/14

I placed one order for 3 2MP IP cameras with audio in and out. SKU: 193402 on the DX.com site.
what I received were 3 different shipments all containing a 1.3MP camera without audio connections.
To get the cameras in my home I paid 3 x $99,99 + 2 x 0,21 x $99,99 (import taxes for two boxes) + 2 x € 13,- (handling fee for two boxes) amounting to $377,85.

The cameras are not as described and I want a fair refund of my money or send the camreas back and get full reimbursement. What DX offers is a refund of 3 x $99,99 plus shipping costs and that's it.
To make matters worse, now they are selling the cameras for $72,-. The description is still wrong.

So if you like to order and wait a long time for wrong items to arrive, please do buy at DX.com.

3/9/14

dx is not the best place to be buying your stuff. For the items they sell I highly recommend ebay at least you get a guarantee through their feedback system and paypal.

3/9/14

Paid for a sim-free mobile phone and it took 4 weeks for it to arrive - not the 10-14 days quoted. Now the phone has broken within a few months and i has taken them a week to tell me how to return it. Their first response was 'can you find somewhere to get it repaired locally and we can give you $15 store credit?'. Pleasant enough customer service but very innefficient. Do not use if you want your item within a reasonable time and don't care if it breaks and you're without it for a month.

3/5/14

Fast to take away your money, goods never arrive.
Extremely rude and unresponsive support staff.
I'm not going to buy anything there anymore. Pure scam.

2/25/14

Used to be ok. (Had to order 2-3 things in order to receive 1 that does what it should), but lately they are unable to fullfill the orders. It has been 2 months since I ordered/payed and nothing received yet. I had to contact them in order to be onformed that item is out of stock. Partial shipment is still trying to reach me... Chose another site to place an order!

2/21/14

I have not received the items ordered on December 4.
I have open a ticket on February 3.
I have contacted the support chat several times but again - NO SOLUTION. They told me that the item is in transit. But the item stays for about two months in the Shanghai airport.

I will NEVER SHOP AGAIN FROM DX.COM

2/10/14

I waited 2 months for my item which did finally arrive but the box was ripped and missing multiple important parts. I opened a ticket with them and they gave me instructions to return the item for a full refund. The live chat is almost never available by the way. I followed instructions and sent it back and have never received the full refund. Paypal can't help me as it's been over 45 days (it took that long just for the item to arrive!) and now I've spent postage returning the item and can't even get my original money back. What a scam! I'm totally pissed!

2/10/14

I had shopped with DX many times with out issue, but when there was an issue there was no help from dx support. I have waited over two months for an item I ordered. Every time I contacted DX support I was told to wait another week. After a month and a half I got sick of it and submitted a ticket requesting a refund. The ticket went ignored for a week so I started the chat service, the support staff on there said the staffer handling my ticket was on vacation and would be back in a couple days, he wouldn't process my refund. 5 days later and there has still been no reply to my ticket or refund request.
The supports staff seems to only know how to tell you to wait longer for an item. I first requested a refund when the item still had not come one month after ordering. I asked the support staff if he thought it was right that I should wait a month and a half for an item I order from them and he said yes and did not apologize for the long delay.

2/7/14

I wish I had done my research and seen this feedback before ordering through dealextreme.
I have made an order for a number of items and paid for them at the same time, + delivery. DX has emailed me a number of times advising some items are on back order and asking if I want to change the order or delivery.
That would be great, but it is impossible to contact them to advise that is what I want. It looks like they are happy to take your money, but then do not want to hear from you and you have no idea if they are ever going to deliver the order you have already paid for.
I have just sent the same message to them on their feedback forum, but am not hopeful of any satisfactory response. I will advise.
Only other option may be to take the complaint to the Hong Kong Trade Development Council

2/5/14

Ordered on Jan 1 2014, was told my items were shipped on Jan 2 2014, now it's Feb 4, 2014, still haven't received my items, no tracking number was provided, contact them without any response. Will have to contact my credit company soon and will never buy from them even if the product is FREE, lousy customer service, the live chat is useless. STAY AWAY from this Deal Extreme.com, unreliable , fraudulent practice, cyber con artist !

2/3/14

Until you are lucky enough to get the good stuff in good condition, there's no fear to have. The problem starts if you get wrong or defective product.
In this order, I received a wrong product plus a defective watch. After long chats, they propose me to keep the wrong product and get a low discount as a store credit. I declined this offer so I had to return the item with a tracking number so I could get a refund. I did so but the shipping cost with the item was higher than the order cost. By Paypal, it could not be fully refund. The difference was supposed to be kept as a store credit. I'm still waiting for this.... The rest, I was refund by paypal since I had opened a case at the beginning. Asked me to CLOSE the case and that they would refund after.. Only robber asks this since a total refund as I asked would have closed the case automatically.
For the watch, they send me another one also defective after a few days. Told them but never had ANY answer.

Remember, cheap price means cheap products and service.
I will only buy from them if they are the only one selling the item I want.

2/3/14

Ordered LED lights which did arrive in 3 wks but the socket on the base of the bulb does not fit standard US outlet. Submitted complaint on web site and never had a reply now going on four months. They just blow you off!
Prices are good but it is a gamble to know if it is junk and is it going to function!
Beware

2/3/14

I purchased a laser acupuncture pen. Took 2 months to arrive, broken. I ''spoke'' to a Derek on live chat, he gave me an address to which to post the pen. I posted it. To date, 3 months later, nothing from them but garbage and excuses blaming ME for sending the pen to the address supplied by their chat ''person''. I was told that i should not have listened to him, but gone another route.?? via another consultant. They are a bunch of incompetent thieves.

2/3/14

Ordered some items 30 Dec 2013 and is still expecting them to arrive(3 Feb 2014).
Their LIVE CHATLINE comes and goes and you do not know when the line is LIVE. If you are lucky to chat, they promise to help but after waiting a few says to a week, nothing happens. Give them 1 more week and if I still do not receive my items, will ask PayPal that I am getting a refund from them. No more ordering from DX.Com anymore. Not worth the hassle of writing and calling them without positive results.

2/1/14

I've never seen a more stunning example of incompetence and bad service in my life.
I placed an order and PAYED for a microphone boom arm on October 24th 2013, it is now February 1st (over THREE MONTHS ago) and I have no idea where my order is or if will ever arrive.
I tried their live chat service. Most of the time it's "unavailable". When it is, all they do for me is paste an almost illegible line or text that supposedly shows my order being tracked. They can't speak proper english most of the time so all they do is copy and paste the EXACT same pre-planned responses to every question or comment. I tried using the ticket service which, according to them, will yield a response within 48 hours but I never got any response. I tried calling them (you HAVE to make an international call if you live in Canada and it's not a toll free number) but the number wasn't in service.
This company has taken my money and given me nothing in return; no product, no service, and no explanation. While I have read other reviews from satisfied people, I would STRONGLY advise people to use this site at the risk of being swindled out of their money.

1/23/14

Product quality varies significantly between items (some are very good, others are ridiculously bad) - while pricing remains very low on everything. Shipping time is pretty bad (expect at least a few weeks wait). Would only recommend buying items with reviews on other websites (reviews appear to be rigged). Free shipping is a plus but upgraded shipping seems to not help the shipping time at all. All tracking numbers I have received have never worked but the package seems to never fail to arrive (maybe I'm just lucky?). Overall, it's a decent place to spend a few bucks on and forget about (because the shipping times are so long).

1/22/14

Even though I only ordered for the first time a week ago, I went on the site to track my package...a phone...it will not accept email and password even though they sent an email to me that payment was successful AND they removed $ via Paypal.I thought I'd reset the password and it keeps saying it "timed out" (10x)..so..I went to live customer service...it says "sorry unavailable"... attempted to call "english" service and number is invalid..shoddy and so far unimpressed with the customer service. I will post if I actually do recieve my order, but at this point, I am skeptical by the way it has been going and will not be placing anymore orders with dealExtreme.com.

1/19/14

I have bought some goods, usually gadgets, cables, connectors, etc. I alwways got what I purchased, and I use to get good within 3-4 weeks, (to Spain).

It has nice prices and huge stock. Never had a problem with them.

1/15/14

In DX Iam buying goods for over a year and I can say that I am very pleased with price and speed of delivery. They are very professional and I think that one of the best shops on the Internet. So far I have not had a negative experience with defective goods so i dont know what they are in these situations. The only criticism that I sent to a very poor rewards to their customers in terms of buying discount.They have some kind of reward (redeem points) where they give some gifts but it is totally useless and unusable, almost all the other stores are giving many of discounts/ coupons and membership categories by buying from them, but that does not mean much to DX mangement.Despite all that still remain among the best to buy.

1/13/14

shipped 11/ 2013 , 70 days no package
tracking shows package in Chia

do not answer to my tickets , online help is telling me ... wait more ...
FRAUD ! SCAM ! !!!

1/11/14

I ordered a couple of laptop cooler pads; the order arrived in a couple of weeks, which was fine, but the box for the larger pad was completely trashed and the metal pad has a couple of dents in it. Not worth the hassle of trying to return it, but I won't be ordering from this site again...

1/10/14

Avoid this site completely. I ordered a cellular screen protector for a holiday gift and it has been 30 days and no product has been delivered. They keep saying tomorrow wait another week. Etc etc. The customer service representatives are clueless and are totally full of garbage. No resolution and nothing but excuses. I now have to dispute the charges with my credit card company. I also had to purchase the product from another merchant. What a total waste of time. Run from them!!!

1/8/14

I made a reservation a wifi adapter pays $ 25
I waited over a month and all transport came time I called they told me tomorrow tomorrow tomorrow.
Until it was shipping Thank God I open the package and begin to see ..
1 - Broken product that does not work any way.
2 - and the driver of his software and incomprehensible Chinese word does not work ! ! ! ! !
I called them Pancreatic my mind that I will fill out a form and send them .
Filled , sent and asked me to get a photo of the product and then waited to meet me and they asked me I would send them back the product only after that they will reimburse me financially.
I despair did not send them threw their product in the trash and never invited them.
Unfortunate experience . After that I ordered the same product for less money arrived within three days working properly and safe from another site .

12/15/13

"Hi there, I write this review just to warn everyone who considers to buy from DealExtreme, of course, their stuffs are cheap with free shipping but below was two of my order which never arrive after 3 months of shipping time. I really want to warn all of the world buyers to stay away from this site. They are world thievery!
Here is two of my order:
order number: 130923001023400079
order cost: $41.33
order tracking no:RR154039400MY (it's invalid, I can't track it)
order date: 9/25/2013 6:47:45 AM

order no: 130926001048839804
order cost: $29.40
tracking no: RQ204704204SG (it's invalid, I can't track it)
order date: 9/26/2013

After 3 months of shipping time I haven't received anything so I decide I write this review to remind anyone to keep away from these CHEATERS."

12/15/13

"Hi online buyers, read this review carefully before you'll place your order or before you'll drop your money away. If you don't be careful you were like me such as: Place order and never receive, no refund, no reply, no help at all. Don't waste your time on this site they are the world thief. OK, below is my order detail:

order no: 130926001048839804

order cost: $29.40

order tracking no: RQ204704204SG (invalid tracking no)

order date: 9/28/2013

Here is my another order
order number: 130923001023400079
order cost: $41.33
order tracking no: RR154039400MY ( it's invalid )
order date:9/25/2013 6:47:45 AM"

12/12/13

It used to be a good site, but not anymore.
They don’t ship, supply fake tracking numbers and don’t reply to customers letters.
On November 19 I bought a phone from them.
On November 24 they informed me that the phone was shipped and gave me a fake China Post tracking number for the shipment.
There was no information on that number on China Post site and I contacted DealExtreme twice through their ticket system asking them to check what is wrong with the shipment, but they did not reply.
16 days later, on December 9, without any notice, they changed the tracking number to another one. It took me time to find out that it should be Swedish Post number, but there is no any information on that number there too.
I contacted DealExtreme again through their ticket system asking them to give me an explanation on what is going on, but they ignored this letter too, so I opened a dispute with Paypal.
Would not buy from them again, and would not recommend them to anyone.

11/22/13

The worst store in the world, stay away from those cheaters - below was my issue

my patience reached the limitation line. I really disappoint, I used to trust your site and do my
best for your site such write a good review for your site, give your site 5 stars on rating and tried to be more patience but
you know my patience also has a limitation line. I tried my best to be your good customer. I've tried
as many ways as possible to contact your site operator to solve this issue but no service no reply and no help
finally all these things I've tried just waste my time, waste money and waste my patience. You didn't even know
what your customer want. I'd like to warn all of dealextreme's customers to becareful because dealextreme will only
good to you when you are new in their customer. when I was new to their site they have very good service and fast
shipping too, but now everything changed no service no reply no help at all I have no way to contact them for help. First, they'll trick you to trust their site then they'll cheat you! BECAREFUL!! NEVER TRUST THESE PEOPLE!!! THEY ARE FAKE!!!!
Here is my order detail:
order number:130923001023400079
order cost:$41.33
order tracking no:RQ200609715SG ( it's invalid, I can't track it )
order date:9/25/2013 6:47:45 AM

11/18/13

I'll agree that this site has a lot of cool an interesting things, especially if you are interested in arduino. It just would be equally cool if I ever received what I ordered. 2-1/2 months and still nothing. Orders from ebay are just as cheap, same free shipping, but take 1/4 of the time (even when coming from China). F this site and their bs shipping (worse than hoppyking and that is saying something). (1) star selection (-1) star for shipping...too bad I can't rate it a 0.

11/18/13

Deal extreme is the worst retail website i ever used. They didn't respect their commitment on deliveries date, they are incapable to give an estimation date. Worst they have an Expedited mode for an extra 20$ that is useless ! So useless the customer service admitted it during a chat session with them.
Their customer service is scornful and their only answer is "You have to wait." and "It will be there soon."
My advice never order on this website.

The Best Computer Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber