US Government's NSF

Dealathons reviews

Categories: Deal, Discount Shopping
1-530 Wilson Avenue
Toronto, Ontario M5H1Y9, Canada

People interested in Dealathons are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mariliac

I called and email their customer service line in vain several times! (in 33 reviews)

ekp

They were very apologetic about the experience even though it was not their fault - and offered me a refund. (in 56 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

evelynz
5/12/15

I purchased 2 iPad keyboards the beginning of this year to give as birthday gifts. Neither of the keyboards work and 'nCroiwd' -- which is associated with 'Dealathons' (both names appear when you order something on line) will do ABSOLUTELY NOTHING about either of them. They say that I only had 14 days to return them -- the one birthday doesn't even occur until June 16th! Their response to every e-mail has been the same -- they can do NOTHING for me -- not even a credit for a future purchase! I am an avid 'deal' purchaser for on-line purchases and have never seen such disregard for their customers. Over the years, I think once or twice I had issues with purchases from Groupon & they resolved them immediately -- to my satisfaction without any problem at all! I give these 2 companies a big THUMBS DOWN!!!!

andreass13
2/17/15

I bought a few coupons for painting by a local company a couple of years back and when that company refused to answer phonecalls or reply to emails I contacted dealathons who after three months finally gave me a $190 credit. I thought I'd get a furnace cleaning etc instead and eventually I got a deal for photo canvases. I had approximately $170 left in credit when nCrowd took over and my credit magically disappeared. According to nCrowd they never received documentation on the credit and said dealathons canceled them all before the take over.
I'm obviously fuming over losing my money and I hope justice takes care of the jerks who ran dealathons.
I will also file a complaint with the BBB but I don't think it will make any difference.

maureenm11
1/31/15

I had a coupon that I could not use through no fault of my own. They refused to give me a cash refund and instead promised a credit. When I went to use it, they told me the company changed hands and that they did not recognize old credits. The fact that they gave no notice of this and the fact that they still operate under the same name does not seem to make a difference to them. The best I can say about them is that they are dishonest and use any excuse not to honor their commitments. My advice, stay away from them. There are more reliable companies out there who offer better deals. I encourage everyone with a similar type of complaint to file it with the Ontario Better Business Bureau. The public I think needs to be aware of this type of activity.

karenp40
1/13/15

Hi, I bought a deal on this site which turned into a scam coupon when I tried to use it. I contacted Dealathons.com and sent them the prove that it was a scam and that I would like my $125 back to my credit card. They got back to me but they never refund the money. I will never recommend this company to anyone. It does not deserve a start rating.

Tip for consumers: Scam deals. Don't buy anything of this site.

rangolis
1/4/15

Horrible service...Very rude staff
Product still not received, order was placed on 1st Dec.'14. It was promised the product will reach in 10-12 days.
Have been calling them regularly but they are very rude and irresponsible.
The.y are running a fraud, as they promised an assured gift i.e TV, then they refused the same. I was still ok that I least I will get the products ordered, but that has also not reached me...I am feeling cheated and would advice all never to use this site.

Tip for consumers: Never ever use this site...Its all fraud

nikkir11
12/29/14

I ordered the Children's Learning Tablet for $18 and knew it wouldn't be the best quality but for a 3 year old it would be fine. First of all it states it takes 2-4 weeks for delivery, try 6-8 which means it missed Christmas! And NO ONE gets back to you at their useless help email.
Well when they got it - it wasn't even in a box (as the pic shows) and no screen and some cheap sticker (pretending to be a screen).
This company and product are an absolute joke and since no one wants to answer me in customer service I will write this review and be sure that everyone knows this is a crap company

shantells
12/14/14

Scam! Don't buy anything from dealathons! The business will not get paid and you will not get your product or service!

darlener3
12/4/14

Tip for consumers: WARNING. SPREAD THE WORD? DEALATHONS DEALS HAS GONE BANKRUPT. They are still ADVERTISING and TAKING YOUR MONEY, but NOT giving you the deal. They STOLE $79.00 from me in September and finally directed me to help@ncrowd.ca whom keep telling me DEALATHONS have gone BANKRUPT. PLEASE SPREAD the word, Twitter, what ever you have, so people stop getting ripped off. Thank you. Darlene Ross

jacka40
12/3/14

Unbelievably poor customer service from Dealathon. Purchased Panasonic phones on June 6th - did not perform as anticipated. Returned the phones within three weeks and was told would get a refund immediately. Did not receive refund. Contacted Amazon still no refund until I finally sent another request with copies of the return postage receipt and USPS tracking information over 5 months later. This generated a response and a refund was issued on December 2nd, 2014. Incredible that a company selling on Amazon would make a customer go through such a process. Additionally, they refunded almost $20 less than the amount paid plus I had to pay $12.35 to get the phones back to them, so I am out of pocket $31.81. Stay away from this company. Do not buy from them. A horrendous experience.

Tip for consumers: These creeps sell on Amazon - beware and stay away from them. Shame on Amazon.

sheminaj
11/26/14

Merchant not honoring voucher, tried to get refund. Dealathon taken over
by NCrowd. Not giving refund or credit. These guys are scam artists. Do not buy
from them.

Tip for consumers: Poor customer service.

ss116
11/21/14

They have no customer service skills whatsoever. They won't return phone calls or emails. I purchased MAC make up from them - total knock-off product! I called to return it. Dealathons said no problem - we will return it. Sent to product to them 3 times - and it kept getting returned. Finally the package got accepted - then came the return. Spoke with some clown named Alana - she said return would be processed - 3 months later nothing. Kept following up by phone and email. No one returned any emails or phones. Eventually some other clown Sabina said no return is possible because it's passed 30 days!
This company is a total scam. DO NOT BUY any products from them. They CHEAT AND LIE!!!!!!! Till this day no refund no replacement product and the 'credit' they promised disappeared. It's been almost 2 years.
I am beyond shocked that they are still in business.

Tip for consumers: TIP --> USE ANOTHER SITE - DON'T WASTE YOUR MONEY

garyl38
11/20/14

The website is totally a scam. Purchased an item in Sept 2014. After 4 weeks, didn't receive the item. Contacted Dealathons. No reply at all. Good thing I made the payment through PayPal. Filed a claim with PayPal. PayPal sent 3 warnings to Dealathons and they never replied. Don't know why the company is still in business. They are cheaters.

Tip for consumers: DON'T ever use it. It's a total scam.

jennyy6
11/15/14

I placed an order back in Aug/2014 and it's Nov. 2014 and still have not received it. Sent them an email in Oct. got a reply saying the issue is resolved! Still haven't got my order? Sent another email 2 weeks later but no reply. This website is a SCAM!!! STAY AWAY ...

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY ... IT'S A SCAM!!!

richardv19
11/7/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM SCAM

paulinat
11/4/14

WORST SERVICE EVER. DON'T ANSWER EMAILS OR PHONE CALLS.
NO ITEM STILL WAITING. COMPLETE SCAM.
I WILL GET A REFUND.

Tip for consumers: DO NOT GO TO THIS SITE.

jessied8
9/19/14

DON’T BUY FROM THEM…they are a complete scam, and I can’t believe they are still in business. I purchased something from them 2months ago, and though they took my money I never received the product. I emailed them a few times and after 3weeks got an automatic response saying they had issues with their mailing system, and if I hadn’t received my product to reply and they will look into it. I replied, and nothing. I tried to call their 1-855 #, waited on hold for over 10min, then got forced to leave a message. Called back and tried to get a hold of someone from “sales and marketing” and no answer their either.

Tip for consumers: DONT USE IT...THEY WILL STEAL YOUR MONEY

ritaa8
9/10/14

Purchased products from them July 1, 2014... paid thru paypal, thank goodness, they are trying to get my money back... It's September 10, 2014 have yet to receive product or get my refund... need I say more, except stay away from Dealathons.com. They are very difficult to get a response from as well. Telling me they shipped the product but couldn't come up with a tracking number. They won't be insulting my intelligence any longer...

Tip for consumers: Tip: Don't use this site... stay away!!!!

ij14
8/24/14

Ordered a Clarisonic on June 14, waited until August 21st, called my credit card and asked for my money back, got my refund today. This is after I sent at least 4 emails to Dealathons and left numerous messages, no reply. Very disappointed.

garthc4
8/21/14

Seems to be a bunch of thieves. Ordered June 15, today is August 21 and no product. Had a sarcastic email at 2 weeks telling me that the offer clearly states shipment could take two weeks. Now 10 weeks and they don't answer emails or phone messages. Their waiting musak makes a person contemplate suicide. Everything about this operation points to scam and theft.

Tip for consumers: Do not even consider using this bunch of bums.

sheetals1
8/20/14

Absolutely terrible! Total scam. Ordered over 7 items received two!!! I've called over 3 times, nothing they say they follow through with. Not sure why this company still exists. Really puts a damper on these kinds of companies. Stay away!

Tip for consumers: Don't throw your money away.

jeaniew1
7/31/14

I purchased a Clarisonic Mia on June 12, it's July 31 and I have received nothing. All my emails and calls go unanswered and after reading everyone else's reviews I am certain I got ripped off $90.00. If anyone has anyone suggestions on what to do to get my money back please let me know as this is a lot of money to be scammed out of for a shady site. Will Visa reimburse me??

bobb608
7/28/14

Dave M who reviews the dealathons favourably was the only one positive review . Could this be because the president's initials are D.M. Coincidence?
Anyhow this organization ripped me off and I had to fight back through Visa. They have had lots of complaints.
Bob Bolduc

ashl698
7/25/14

I ordered toothbrush refills back in March and I have yet to receive them. Customer service says it will not refund my money because once they "ship" an item no refund can be issued. On three separate occasions I have been told they will reship my order but I have yet to receive anything. Stay away!

twisteds
7/18/14

TERRIBLE CUSTOMER SERVICE! There is none. Emails and phone calls are not returned. Purchased items are not sent, or if sent are damaged. Why is this business still running. Currently pursuing legal actions and better business bureau.

robb457
7/8/14

I ordered a pen vaporizor from these guys (Click N' Vap). It was first shipped to a different city, then 3 months later when it was finally sorted out I received my package. When I opened it, it was not a pen vaporizer, but a cheap ass butane lighter that I could have bought at a gas station for $10. I've sent 3 emails with no response after 3 weeks so far. I would say one star is generous for these guys. I'll stay away.

vickieb7
6/14/14

i bought a coupon for a health treatment. the provider was concerned about my medical history and advised she would not recommend me having the treatment and that i should contact Dealathon and ask for a refund. i tried repeatedly to contact them by phone- left many messages asking for contact, as well as several emails. Never have heard from them. I want my $39 refunded, and they are impossible to reach. Don't deal with them. Their Customer Service is non-existant- it is a complete sham.

davidm192
5/23/14

I have purchased 4 different deals from this site . One had to be refunded which took some time to get but otherwise I have been quite satisfied with the level of service and quality of products.

jackl52
3/25/14

Dealathons sells counterfeit/ fake Clarisonic Mia 2 products on their website, according to the quality of the product, the cheap look of the product, the defective rotation, and the inability to register the serial number on Clarisonic's US website. The number just comes up INVALID. Please do not go to Canada's Clarisonic website, since you can type any serial number you want and it will register. I emailed Dealathons about the defective/ counterfeit product, and they told me that I can only get an exchange! I emailed them their own policy under the Clarisonic deal, which states that refunds are granted on defective products within 14 days, and now I'm just waiting on their reply. Unscrupulous websites will break their own policies to make a quick buck, and sometimes you have to remind them that there are people who won't be taken advantage of.

judyc17
3/21/14

The customer service at Dealathons.com is the worst I've ever encountered. I purchased a spa treatment (3) but the description on the sale was so wrong...I wouldn't have purchased it had I known...the merchant convinced me to take another treatment and I ended up with a sore back for two days...I complained to customer service and their response came off like they are just a bunch of low paid flunkies...lol...oh well guess I shouldn't have expected more than that!

samc51
3/10/14

I first encountered this website when I decided to order a Dr Dre portable Bluetooth speaker for my boyfriend for valentines day. About a week later the speaker arrived, and when I opened the package the box itself was in such bad shape, full of dents and ripped up. I wasn't going to test the speaker but out of curiosity i decided to and i am glad i did because it was defective and didn't emit any sound what so ever. I called Dealathon about 5 or 6 times, where i was constantly hung up on and was never able to reach anyone from their customer service department. I also emailed them 2 or 3 times and i was finally able to receive a response a week before valentines day. They told me that i was no longer able to receive a refund because the 14 day window had already passed, which would not have been the case if they had not taken weeks to reply to my messages. I settled for a 60 dollar credit and ordered another product where i ended up spending an additional $30 on top of what i had already paid for the defective speaker. It has now been about three weeks and the status of my order is still processing. I would not be surprised at all if i never receive my product or my order, i am honestly so annoyed and frustrated i wish i had stumbled upon this website sooner and never wasted my time or money.

PLEASE PLEASE do not order from this website!

cm27
2/26/14

I did not subscribe this site, yet I started getting emails directly in my emails account. The Unsubscribe Instantly link doesn't work at all and the Why Did I Get This link says you subscribed on our website. No, I didn't. I've unsubscribed using a 2nd link under the Why Did I Get This. I could swear I had already done this though and still continue to get them.

am2914
2/24/14

Was charged for a product I never received. did not get credit back. They charged me an "international fee" for an item they did not ship, NOR DID THEY EVER INTEND TI SHIP. I am currently suing this company because I found so many other s with the same problem. This is a scam and If you get anything at an affordable price I would question how the hell they got it. Probably connected to the mafia and receiving stolen goods. I have called several times for my money back, I haven't received it and they keep telling me that I will and send me a generic email with my order number. I know what the $#*! my order number is. I need my money back!!!!!!

ls42
2/24/14

This was THE WORST experience I have EVER had!!! I wish I found this site before I even considered purchasing from them! I'm STILL on hold to get my refund that a manager I finally got a hold of said I will get a refund! Service is horrible and I already lost money sending the product back that was basically crap! I'm SO surprised they are still in business and next time I will always google before ordering since if they close, I'm sure they'll open in another name. This is such a learning experience and will have to count my losses - horrible horrible horrible.......................

blackj
2/24/14

I have read all the previous reviews and I am stunned that this site continues to operate. I will heed your advice, even though I am still waiting for a product from early December 2013, and to never purchase anything again. I am also intending to call the Better Business Bureau, at least they will be on the 'don't do business with' list. I do have a suggestion, hopefully we can find where they advertise and flood these companies with emails….. just a thought.

pepperb
2/13/14

TERRIBLE, PATHETIC customer service, pretty much non-existent, and junk for products!!! DO NOT order from this site, they are a total rip-off!! I have spent hundreds of dollars ordering products and services since 2012 with satisfactory results but in the last year have experienced nothing but a headache in dealing with them! Products take forever to be received if at all and the ones received are of terrible quality!!

shaanl
2/13/14

Purchased an iPhone 5 charger, took forever to arrive and it was an iPhone 4 charger. Tried to email and call about returning it and never heard back. I also bought a furminator, never received it. Again tried calling and emailing never heard back.

The worst. I have shopped online plenty and this site is by far the worst one to purchase from.

charlesp27
2/6/14

Another unhappy customer. Bought an Iphone5 car adaptor last summer. Was charged twice - their error which they admitted to. Still have not received refund, and also no response to latest email. Also, the adaptor does not work.

jgff
2/3/14

I purchased a coupon for a garbage removal ($35 for 250lbs of junk removal. After several attempts to contact the company via phone (unanswered), email again unanswered, I went back to Dealathons to request a refund for the above reason. I sent them an email to request a refund back to the cc I originally used to purchase coupon and was told that it would not be a problem.

That was in Oct 2013, and after I heard back from them I got a lame ass excuse that they were having email problems (probably busy with all the complaints they get) hence the delay in the refund. it is now Feb 3 and low and behold still no credit back to my cc. After my latest email to them I was told it would be applied and would take 3-4 days but that was a week ago. So bottom line is if you want to kiss you $$ bye bye go ahead and deal with these snake oil sales people. Otherwise buyer beware, do research not only on the vendor that the coupon is for but the vendor selling them.

If the owner had any sense of customer service they would be dealing with this kind of crap immediately to help build the brand, not hide with their head up their arse hoping it will all go away, because it won't.

at329
2/1/14

Purchased item on Nov 19th. Never received it. Sent several emails - only 1 was returned saying that they were looking into it. Contacted them in January - told me that it had been shipped in December - NOPE. Contacted them again and they said they would reorder it and I would have it in 5 business days - NOPE. Now I'm calling Visa. Lousy company.

leslees
1/28/14

Ordered in November, and getting the runaround, they come up with all these excuses. Could someone give me their phone number please? I can't seem to find it....

melodeyr
1/27/14

My order was placed in November I did not receive any of it until Jan 18 and I am still missing a part of the order... no customer service. Keep your money!It is n't worth even one star but cant submit if I don't give it one star...

anastasiaa1
1/14/14

I did actually receive a couple of orders from them....that is after emailing and calling continuously. Then they offered bonus points for my difficulties. Which made me just order again. Big mistake. I have another order that was never received and they offered to give me a credit. The credit memo was issued but the money was never refunded. I am still waiting for two orders that were promised for Christmas delivery. Nothing was received yet. I have tried emailing them about 10 times and they are not responding anymore. They are not answering their phones either, the call goes straight to voice mail or just hangs up automatically. I am for sure done with them...I have lost enough money already. I will for sure keep trying to get in touch with them but I don`t think that will get me anywhere!!

lisah63
1/12/14

DEALATHONS IS NOTHING BUT A SCAM TO GET YOUR MONEY, and provide nothing but $#*!ty service! I would never give them another cent, and would highly avoid the company and the companies that are associated with them. The affiliated companies do not return your messages to book an appointment with your purchase. They close their doors when they work, as they work their own hours and do not the normal business hours. And when you contact Dealathons to complain, sure at first they seem helpful and state that they will refund your money, but of course they do not!!!! You try to contact Dealathons customer service members, and of course they do not get back to you. Now-a-days with all the scam artists and cons, you can be sure to add Dealthons company to your list! I have contacted and advised that I would be doing this, and of course they do not care. I have tried to contact them on endless occasions, and 4 months later the situation has not been rectified nor will be. It is so sad that it has to come to this, and feel like I have been so patient, but I share this everyone as I do not want anyone else to have this same headache as I have gone through.

I will be sure to advise all of my family, friends and affiliations to save their pennies and go elsewhere. Nobody wants a scam, and it is unfortunate that I have been apart of that, and even more unfortunate that this well known company does not stand behind their companies, their products and services... And especially their word!

Please share with all your friends and family, as I do not wish the headache upon anyone else. Save your money and Please pass this on!!

(Apparently and unfortunately I am not the only one... So sad!)

hazelh13
1/9/14

I have also been scammed by Dealathon. I placed an order on November 5th & the money was taken from my credit card that day. Needless to say, I still have not received the goods. I have, however, heard some very original reasons why the goods are not here yet, including the fact that they are held up in customs. I live in Alberta. I had not realized that inter-provincial trading necessitated customs now! With all the letters of complaint on here, surely there must be enough for some kind of action against this company? I only wish I knew how it could be done.

sandran10
1/8/14

I ordered some items early Nov 2013. It was 6 items and I was charged $30 for shipping. A bit much for shipping, and I would have thought it was going to be done through a courier at that price. I only got one item through regular post at $1.26 postage. Nothing from the others. I phoned Dec. 12 to inquire about the rest. I actually got a customer service person! One of the items was cancelled and I got the refund as loyalty points. Not to my liking. Was assured that the other 4 items are on the way and to check the status online. I got an email to confirm the shipment but no tracking number - just that it was to be shipped by ground. Well it is now Jan. 7 and I check online and see that the status claims it is completed and my loyalty points from my original order were revoked!! WTH!! I still have seen nothing shipped. I have been trying numerous times through calls to the 416 number / the toll free number / the calgary number and I only get the voice mail. I have left numerous messages. I have emailed several times and only got an automated response from the support email. Thankfully someone posted the CEO's personal email: davidmagazzinich@gmail.com. I sent him a message. Will he respond? Remains to be seen.

I had also purchased a voucher for a merchant in Calgary. SO far managed to book the appt. I have fingers crossed that I get the service otherwise I would be soaked for $399 for that too!

I will never order products from this business again. I only hope that someone files a class action against this business like what happened to Groupon.

joannag2
1/7/14

I ordered a product from them on December 7th 2013 and I still have not received it. They advised me on December 30th that I would have it in 2 days but nothing has arrived it. I can't even get a hold of anyone to get a refund. Any ideas on how to make this right?

laurencea11
1/7/14

bought 2 tablet computers in September . one absolutely not working, the other can seldom connect to the internet. Many phone calls and emails , even got a reply once but no response , no exchange or refund offered , unable even to leave messages some days as their mailboxes seem full. $240 for 2 paperweights

lisak37
1/4/14

merchant would not honour dealthons voucher and dealathons would not answer their customer support line. I'm taking this to visa to advise that no payment should be made to this company as it seems I'm not alone with my complaints. Will not purchase again from this site. I'm out $50 unless Visa honours my complaint.

mada21
1/2/14

placed and order and paid on my credit card in November - was promised delivery in two weeks -- here we are January 3rd and still no order -- dealathons biggest rip off scam ever!! do not purchase anything from them - I am still trying to get a refund -- i have also put in a complaint with better business bureau
TOTAL SCAM ARTISTS --BEWARE AND DO NOT PURCHASE ANYTHING FROM THEM

kimh60
12/15/13

They have owed me $72.00 since April. In September after 72 phone calls and emails they promised me a credit. This was never received. I wish I could give them a -5*

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Dealathons staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I purchased 2 vochures from Jessica Nails and Spa for $15 eascg, a $48 each value. I lost track of my vochures and only discovered them on Aug. 13, after the Juy 22 expiry date, I called to ask if they would still honour these vochures, and the lady asked when I wanted to use them. I said we would like to use them the Saturday of the labour day weekend, and she said yes, she would still honour it on that weekend. So, my 10 year old daughter and I showed up to ge our mani and pedi and were told that since they had changed ownership, they would no longer honour these vochures. I protested that I had spoken to Jess on August 13 , who said that she was the owner, and asked when I wanted to redeem them. I told her the Saturday of Labour Day weekend, so my daughter's nails would look nice for the first day of school. I asked if I should book an appointment, but she told me no, just to drop in whenever I wanted. I asked her if she was Jess of Jessica Nails and Spa, and she said she was. So, accordingly, I took my 10-yr.-old daughter with me at about 3;00PM on August 31st, to the address lisited on the vochue. When we approached the front desk, she said they would not be able to honour the vochures. I protested that I had spoken to the owner about 2 weeks previous, and she had told me they would honour it. She insisted they would not honour the vochure since it had expired, so I called the phone number that I had spoken to Jess at earlier and she answered, but after hearing why I was calling, she just said that Dealathons was no longer honouring the vochures, so she could not either and hung up., Calling her back got no answer, and the woman at the reception just kept repeating that they could not accept the vochures. My daughter was devasted, hoping for a flamboyant look for the first day of school. Could you please leat me know wahat can be done in this instance? Many thanks! Dorothy Hrischenko 416 696-8822
9/15/13
Answer
calgaryhomeownerh
A: I've contacted Dealathons on numerous occasions regarding the Clean Sweeps Company not fulfilling their voucher. I have been trying to use my voucher since I purchased back late last year and the Company has not been returning my calls. It took months to finally get an appointment through their website as they do not return phone calls or return emails. I finally got a booking but no one showed. Dealathons has still not return my calls or emails either. Will your Company rectify this situation, or will I have to address this issue further?

Thanks,

Hoping to finally get a response.
5/2/12
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Dealathons staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Dealathons?