US Government's NSF

DatingFactory.net reviews

10 Reviews for DatingFactory.net

▼ Sort by: recent

7/16/14

I have had problems with a recurring payment from a dating website called Single Artists Dating which comes under the Dating Factory umbrella whether that be.net or .com. I initially signed up for a special offer subscription when this ended instead of informing me they just started taking money from my account. For each payment they took from my credit card I received no notification or receipt and when I did notice the payment reference bore no relation to their trading name simply reading 'www.payref.info. Obviously I thought I had been defrauded and contacted the credit card company who arranged a chargeback and filed a report on Action Fraud. Then I received a notification from Single Artists Dating threatening me with debt collectors and demanding compensation for the chargeback claiming that I was libel for all fees even if my claim was warranted which was apparently what I signed up to when I joined the website! I can't believe the lack of transparency of this shady company it seems they can contact you when it suits them but not when they are removing money from your account under a different name.
This link pretty much describes the average Dating Factory experience

5/7/14

This site is a fraud, I subscribed for 3 days gold membership but it converted it to 3 months without informing, please never enter a site that automatically takes money from your card without informing you. Please help me to cancel this and I don't want to lose any of my money.

1/19/14

Don't sign up--they ignore cancelation notices-- just keep charging your account
Multiple attempts at contact--no satisfaction--will cancel card to avoid any more theft by this organization

1/2/14

This is like others have said... a scam. You get fake emails about fake profiles all the time, the support tickets do not get answered and when you try to stop the billing it does everything to make sure you can't. AVOID!

11/15/13

It's a white label built on the model of getting people into the site for free and then conning them into spending money to send emails, cards, and things. The program that runs the site can see where you are from and then tells you the fake profile lives near you.

Check out the other sites run on the same program to see the same profiles on the sites.

11/7/13

Joined one of their sites for a month and cancelled. Still charged me for two more months and ignored all of my e-mails to stop charging me. Went to the bank and did a 'stop payment' and disputed the two months and got my refund through the bank. Got a letter in the mail from a debt collector for $150.00, so now I have to try to get in touch with the debt collector.

10/10/13

BUNCH A SCAMMERS. STEER CLEAR. Don't trust the good reviewer, he must be an affiliate of those guys

9/3/13

Don't know what the first two reviewers problem is. Usually they charge when you SIGN UP AND BUY a premium membership...!!!

Whatever!!!

Basically, nice sites!

6/13/13

The same experience like the first reviewer...my debit card is registered in Germany, the payment is from june, 10th 2013. I cannot explain what is the payment about or how they get my card number.

7/2/12

I haven't subscribed to DatingFactory.net (or any other dating site for that matter) but I recently saw where DatingFactory.net has run a $14.95 temporary authorization against my debit card. A visit to that site looks very, very suspicious. Instead of a typical "front door" page that a reputable business website would have, the DatingFactory.net page has the title "Payment reference page" and looks like it was set up to answer the question, "Why was this charge on my credit card statement?" Here is a link to a screenshot hosted on my website:

bit.ly/N5047R

The site itself is pretty suspect. The phone numbers are international (I'm in the US). The email address for support is enquiries@payref.info. Any reputable site would set the support email up to be some kind of alias like "support" at their own domain name. Further research of DatingFactory.net and the "white label and affiliate network" reveals that it appears to be associated with an international internet dating network. There is no way I or my wife (of 8+ years) initiated any activity on an internet dating network.

I contacted my bank, alerted them of attempted fraud, and had my debit card deactivated. If the transaction successfully posts to the account, I will dispute it and report it immediately. I recommend you do the same!

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber