US Government's NSF

DateHookup reviews

29 Reviews for DateHookup

▼ Sort by: recent

7/7/14

Most men are attached to another woman already seeking pussy on the side or a penpal. If you are a BBW be careful because the men that talk to you online are most likely not attracted to you and just trying to take advantage of you so they can bust a nut. Sorry for being vulgar but its the truth. Don't fall for that "I love big women" crap. I want a man to like me for who I am not my big body. I'm not saying that ALL men aren't really attracted to big women BUT if they are not coming back for seconds, hanging out with you outdoors not indoors only..Sadly they just want to bust a nut with a fat chick and that is $#*!ed up and lets not let them. I just hate when they pretrend to be all into you, ask you all about your business but their main motive is to just bust a nut with a fat chick because they think it will be easier..ha! Yeah ok. I am a fat $#*! and I can have $#*! whenever I want..I just don't want no one using me for sex and I don't want to catch HIV.
The men and women on datehookup just bash each other anyway..total trash.
Good luck
PS..Skinny, average weight, thick (slightly fat) women ALSO are targets...So don't think you women got it easy on these sites and are going to be taken out and treated properly and not lied to and played. But the fatties such as myself are the ones who get hurt the most.

5/24/14

I joined this site in 2009 and it's like my second home..I met my boyfriend of three years on here and made some really good friends..

4/3/14

I thought this was a "free" dating site. If they are "free" then why do I have five "want to meets" and I have to pay to see them. Just another damned lie as far as I'm concerned and when I look at the experiences of people that have signed up it makes me shudder.

3/7/14

This site isn't worth the effort - even for free. I'm a 50-ish guy, and my experience with ladies in this age-range was that few were actually interesting in meeting anyone. So many were bitter and angry, with huge trust issues. You can get a good indication of this by looking at the discussion boards (but be ready for a lot of profanity, lewd comments and outright racism). Hey, most of the people on here aren't paying a fee, so you can't be too surprised with the negative results.

2/13/14

I signed up for six months for their so called VIP service, datehookup.com charged my credit card, and then deleted my profile a few hours later, even though I did nothing wrong! Stay away!

1/28/14

I wouldn't even rate this site - 3 out of 3 are scammers
neil.casey57@yahoo.com michaelwagner857@yahoo.com and David Frost

1/19/14

This site is a free for all. In the current events and politics forums .
There you will find no debates on the subjects of either ,threads turn into nothing but name calling along with racist remarks .This site condones free hate speech
if the users are white. Others will be deleted . Customer service is a farce along with the site moderators that do nothing to the worst users that constantly harass other users. User agreement and two sets of rules for posting in that area are not enforced . Users have had their full names address phone numbers place of employment all posted in the forums from this group. Not safe .
I would not recommend this site for any intelligent debate on issues concerning politics ,or everyday events. Racists and bigots rule the forums.

1/17/14

Just got on this site yesterday and had a couple of responses to emails I sent out. Two different men who responded USED THE SAME WORDS TO DESCRIBE ME---"enchanting" and "captivating". Now I have never heard any man use these same two words to describe a woman before, let alone two guys I'd never met before on the same day from the same dating site. It seems almost like someone was coaching these two on how to respond, or else they're the same person with different pictures and profiles. I will not email either one of them again. I'm afraid he/they are up to no good and I don't want to find out what it is.

11/8/13

site makes its money from ads, when in actuality most members do not even click the ads, nor are they there for dating, they are there for the forums. The forums have gone all to hell for the past year. The new owners have very little moderation, as a result malicious users are allowed to control the site, posting members full names and address, and nothing is actually done. if long time members complain, they are delted. site allows known criminals to be on the site. all they care about is money made from their ads. Stay away, it is a dangerous place.

11/1/13

people are very rude and nasty. and i cant create a new thread in forums for some reason... it wont let me

10/9/13

I weigh 180 and most if the women out weigh me. I have had a lot of trouble logging in and get no customer support.

10/8/13

i did meet 2 girls here, one girl here turned out to be a crazy jackle and hyde $#*!. but she was so freaking hot. the other one was normal good site

Apprentice Reviewer
9/11/13

This is not a bad casual dating site. But if you are looking for something more adult oriented that is free then DateorPlay.com is the way to go.

8/4/13

Met a guy I decided to investigate more about . When I told him I had told people about him--he didn't show to meet me. I found out his name was fake, profile was fake, he was a felon, and had stolen from women on datehookup , that he met and scammed. HE HAD BEEN ARRESTED FOR LARCENY, that involved, POF, DATEHOOKUP, and other sites. I know DH could not do anything about him. HOWEVER, THEY ALLOWED A FELON'S PROFILE TO REMAIN ON THE SITE EVEN AFTER ME LETTING THEM KNOW THE DETAILS AND TELLING THEM WHERE THEY COULD SEE THE RECORD OF THIS IDIOT.

7/16/13

I met the love of my life in this site. We were both casually on here and I took a chance and talked with him... turned into an amazing year and a half! Unfortunately we didn't work out, but It was so worth it. He was so worth it. There are a lot of creepers and crazy people on site, but they are in bars as well. You just never know what you'll find.

7/16/13

I met two guys on there one use to be a thrug and and drug dealer but he was rude and arrogant and insensative he was to quick to call a woman out of her name when he was mad at her he was crazy he went by the name james34 he had a lot friends I think he was a hoe He was very ignorant rude . He lives in Hyattsville, MD I am glad I got rid of that crazy fool. Another person I met was separate at the time he told me that He was also arrogrant and had too much going on in his life with his soon to be exwife full of drama had to get rid of him as well There are no good people on that site. If you are looking for someonw thats not the site to be.

7/15/13

I felt that not enough men were joining this site-ages 55-70. I chose to date younger men than I ...men-(79) I did statistics in 2 jobs, finding in Senior Cit. Ctrs. & Nursing homes, there are not enough men (when they get older0 to accommodate,. women. The site puts forth a few men that seem to dominate every aspect of an questions or activity that goes on, & one man`s picture is constantly put in front of everything.... he`s not an example. I find him boring & a needy person, that likes the attention anyone gives him....I don`t see that he is having any success in dating anyone. I browse, & keep seeing this one person, & it gets aggravating. Then I just go to another site, where there are more men.

7/11/13

Free' but have experience lots of racism, on site, the forums are filled with linch mob's Dustin, the administrator can and will delete' anything anyone anypost and pretty much let people behave like children on this site, try it and see,what happends to you.

5/12/13

it's so wonderful and most of all free :) but i have experianced some problem and can't access my account so please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

4/22/13

Cheesey but free

3/9/13

This website is nothing but a scam, I never saw a dating website with so many fake profiles, The regulars there when confronted their response was "It is easier to chat here then facebook" this website not only has the most fakes( one guy bragging of having over 200 profiles both male and female) They are the rudest that i have ever seen in my life, I would recommend not using this website

11/21/12

Too many fake profiles. Majority of people on the site to bash and belittle others.
Long timers on the site have no personality and just start arguments.

10/10/12

DH is the place to be. Free. Thousand's of people from across the globe and many in your area. If you have a sense of humor and don't take yourself all too serious, check out the forums for a good time! I can't say for sure you will find the love of your life, but the shlt is free and you will meet some cool like minded people if you explore the depths of the forums! Oh and it's FREE.

8/30/12

alot of fake profiles.... alot of people saying they are one thing and finding out they are not! One of them I found out is my boyfriend... he has himself portrayed as a guy looking for someone to share a no drama, friends, relationship,travel, etc. He is not who he says he is. hasn't been for a very long time.

6/17/12

Fake site from the start I only got short mails saying hi so I Paid then reply to those mails but the accounts were not active any more strange how did they mail me if they were not even on the site

4/17/12

All women out there if you belong to datehookup stay away from ronster50. He's nothing but a lair and will just hurt you in the end. He did that to my best friend and now she's in the hospital. He'll tell you that he loves you and then just ignore you. He's no good for any woman.

Apprentice Reviewer
11/9/11

There are a whole lot of problems with this dating site that needs to be outlined here that others have pointed out.

1. Failure to cancel subscription when one requests this (story from the complaints board)

Author: paul4ucols

Date: Posted: 2010-09-18

Topic: Won't allow me to unsubscribe, datehookup.com, Columbus, Ohio

"I suddenly could not access my account (think they blocked me for some foolish reason; I never used profanity nor did i insult anyone), nor could I then access the unsubscribe page. I gotta problem here. who is the government agency I complain to about this?"

2. Prejudice (story from the complaints board)

Author: Madwoman

Date: Posted: 2008-11-13

Topic: Racism, datehookup.com, California

"I too have seen the racism spread at DateHookup.com. I went in there for a dating experience and found the forums to be very hateful and race filled. I have personally witnessed members who try and combat this racism, but their threads get pulled right away while the racial threads last months. If you stand up to racism there you are shunned and harassed until you leave. It often makes you wonder why you are getting your account deleted or getting on suspension. Peace seems to be a crime to this dating site while racism runs rampant and is rewarded. Many of the good clientele get sick of it and leave from the harassment. I am just wondering why there hasn't been some kind of investigation to this dating site. There have even been people commenting on death to a certain race and their thread still did not get pulled. It makes you wonder if this is even a dating site at all."

3. Profiles that are False (story from the complaints board)

Author: P.J.

Date: Posted: 2009-02-28

Topic: Fake Profiles

"A VERY good percentage of female profiles on datehookup are "fake" and I'm very tired of it. I'm assuming that it's the site administrators who respond to most the messages. You'll also notice, that there are quite a few profiles who have a "decent" pic of themselves but in the self description box, it says, "(no description provided)". When you send these people a message, asking them some basic questions, most of the questions are "dodged" and the respond back is so vague and impersonal that one can only assume that it is being answered by a site administrator."

Even though I like free sites I do not like all especially those that may be fraudulent. Datehookup.com needs to be completely halted because it is seems to be more about being a hindrance to others rather than about actually "hooking up."

7/28/11

I recently became a member of DateHookup. My primary reason for joining was to participate in the forums and groups.I seriously doubt whether anyone actually gets a date on this site judging from the' 'Review my Profile' '
forum. Most of them begin with "What's wrong with me'" or "Why doesn't anyone respond to my emails",and so forth.Today I started a new thread titled Jehovah Witness or Mormon,which do you find more annoying?It was going quite nicely,I had received 10 replies within 15 minutes or less.I decided to check out some other forums and return later.When I went back to where I had posted it (in the general chat forum) I discovered that it had completely disappeared. I went to the Help department seeking an explanation and all that was there was an F.A.Q list.I tried Contact Us only to find another list of questions asking me to choose what my issue was.None of the listings were remotely close to my question so I went looking for a place to complain and here I am!DateHookup is a joke as far as dating goes but the forums and groups were interesting.

5/20/11

DateHookup.com is free but they haven't provided me with an address or a telephone number so I can contact them. I need to know if they can put my picture on-line for me.

The Best Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber