US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

Cupid reviews

Categories: Dating
Glinki, 7, Business Center "Prizma"
Dnepropetrovsk, Dnipropetrovs'ka Oblast', UKR
Tel: +441312201313
belous@cupid.com

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

angelaf16

I signed up for free...immediately I got a few people who were "interested" even though I never even put a profile pic. (in 20 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

evaj2
11/18/14

I went in thinking i was paying 15.00 but in i2point 9Sec.they charged me 189.78 when i called them right after they said they would give me back 89.84 but that the 99.94 i would have to wait for 10 days so they can review it i was like whats to review you took something that i didn't agree to or even give you anyway no money yet they emailed me saying they woluld stop all process so i do have

maryannf2
5/29/14

I am new to Facebook. I noticed a few days ago an icon called Cupid on the left side of my FB page. WOW!!! I clicked and saw that they STOLE my pictures from my FB and also personal information and created a DATING profile for me...WITHOUT my permission. I tried to delete it, but there is no way! I just paid $12 thinking I could delete it if I was a 'member.' NOPE!!! j
I am deleting facebook, calling my bank, and an attorney.

Oh...Why did I come to this site? I should have known better. I see that there is ONE reviewer (Melinda) that has complaints about EVERYTHING, probably the water she drank today. That's too bad because it detracts from the legitimate complaints from people like me.

now iam holding with someone from the Ukraine! Before that it was the Phillipines..Yikes...this is crazy!!

davidb199
4/1/14

I've been in contac with several women on this site. Two of them asked , me for money for a plane ticket from somewhere in Africa. At first they befriend me and seem to be the best saleswomen on earth. The other women asked me to buy her an I phone, I barely know her! Should I say more?

gajendrar
3/19/14

I stumbled upon this website through facebook and i think its a pretty cool site where u definately meet real people offcourse for a small membership fee which is quite acceptable.the only thing u should be aware of is cam models who also create a fake profile and then will rip u off by asking ur card details on the links she sends so please avoid that people..the only drawback this site has is they have some sister companies like girlsdateforfree and adultfriendfinder and all whichh has almost the same members u have on cupid so doesnt make sense becoming a member on those site.

simonh47
2/27/14

Obvious scam, would give it zero stars, but you need to give at least one. Cannot find any decent international dating sites.....i.e. internationalcupid.com, columbiancupid.com, they are ALL scams.

johns646
2/2/14

The very worst web-site I have ever been on. I wouldn't suggest tothis site to anyone - trying to meet someone!!! Most are of low intelligence and very negative.

martins62
1/18/14

How can a Cupid tell lies? This site said I emailed someone. I've not even a member with e-mailing rights! So I could not have emailed anyone in Cupid.com

sophieb6
1/15/14

(1) There are thousands of complaints posted on the internet against the websites owned by Cupid plc, not just on sitejabber but on all complaints websites, just showing how hated the company is.
Customers from all over the world complain about the same recurring issues: recurrent billing, fake... profiles, deceptive emails and chats from Cupid's staff, rude or inexistent customer service, lack of refunds, abuse of personal data for commercial purposes, deception...

(2) The BBC and the Information Commissioner Officer (ICO) have received numerous complaints against Cupid from deceived customers.
BBC Panorama aired a documentary (Tainted Love: Secrets of the Dating Game) on 29 July 2013 largely targeting the commercial practices of the company and the ICO has launched a formal investigation against the company. The documentary is available on YouTube and stats show that hundreds of thousands of people have watched the video so far.
A reporter for the Kiev post under cover and applying for a job for Cupid in Kiev denounced as well how employees are hired to deceive customers.

(3) Cupid plc's share price (LSE Ticker: 4NJ498 / ISIN: GB00B4NJ4984) is currently at its lowest ever at 56.6p per share (26/11/2013). This is to be compared to its highest of 250p per share in September 2011.
This shows that investors have no confidence whatsoever in the company and are shorting the stock.
If you consider the proceeds that are coming in from the sale of the casual dating business in July 2013, it means that the company is valued at less than cash or cash equivalents. This effectively means that the continuing business has less than no value.

(4) Looking on a website such as Alexa providing free information about websites and showing internet traffic stats and metrics shows that cupid was ranked 5000 in the top visited websites early 2013. It is now ranked as low are 100 000 proving how customers have learnt to avoid the company's products.

THINGS HAPPEN FOR A REASON. It is hard to believe that this is all a pure coincidence or bad luck. The information provided above is all in the public domain and can easily be checked online.
If a business model is not sustainable, its commercial practices questionable and client consideration extremely poor, then the business is bound to die. This is rule number one and this is just fair.

nathanh32
1/11/14

This whole thing is a scam. I realized that within a few hours when it became clear the only live people on the whole site were trying to con me into signing up for other paying web-cam sites. I called in to cancel all subscriptions and memberships, and was told that the confirmation email would arrive in a few minutes. No confirmation email and several hours later still getting bogus "messages" and "flirts". Called back in, was told that my account hadn't been cancelled, but would be now. I insisted on waiting on the line until the confirmation emails arrived. They did. I was also assured that I wouldn't be receiving any more email from them, and I was warned not to sign back into my account because that would automatically re-activate my account. I still keep getting emails from them, even though I have put their domain on my "blocked" list. I can't believe the people who are running this show could be so pernicious. Stay away.

angelaf16
1/3/14

I signed up for free...immediately I got a few people who were "interested" even though I never even put a profile pic. The one response was obviously fake because it made a comment about a pic..I never posted. Then...the other lived on the opposite coast of me...when I went to reply..it said I had to upgrade my account to a paid one in order for her to see my email. I'm not saying the entire site is a sham...but if u r truly interested in meeting someone real without paying.. this is not the site.

markj56
9/5/13

I signed up on those Cupid plc websites in the past. It's a scam and let me explain their modus operandi. Most of the decent profiles are fake. They have profile images picked up from the Internet (and you can confirm this by reverse looking up the image on Google). It is definitely a fraud scheme. You will receive a lot of emails from many genuine-looking people till you sign up (all the content in the email will be hidden, the profile image of that person will be so tiny that you wont discern anything). Every day you will get an email you are popular and you should pay them money to contact people, all fake and obviously bots!

Once you sign up, these emails from seemingly real people stop coming. You can also notice that the profile images are photoshopped or fake (because they now let you see the bigger image). Most of the traffic that lands up in your inbox now is spam, sent by the website itself. They also automatically sign you up on their many sister websites (cupid.com, girlsdateforfree.com, datingforparents.com, speeddater.co.uk, uniformdating.com, loveagain.com, maturedatinguk.com etc…) and you start getting the same type of spam from them, all begging for you to sign up. Horrible extortion scheme. I am sure there are better ways of making money than playing with people’s emotions. The profiles of the people are not genuine at all; they are all fake people who have posted their profiles. Messages before you sign up are definitely fake and bot generated.

nicolasd7
8/31/13

I was introduced by a friend to single parties organized by Speed Dater, an online meeting website (owned by Cupid plc) that is also organizing single events in London venues.

One day I realised looking at my bank account statement that the website was charging me even though I have never been interested in online dating. It appeared that I had forgotten to uncheck a box that was giving me a free access to the web services for a month while booking for a single party event.

I called the company which initially refused to give any refund. I reiterated that I never intended to register as a paying online member. I had to exchange many emails to be granted a refund and I found the argument unpleasant. This is when speed dater’s staff really started to wind me up as I really dislike this kind of commercial attitude on the internet (you suddenly get charged for services you never willingly agreed to subscribe to because you missed a small asterisk somewhere).

Subsequently I registered for speed dating events and decided to use the guarantee given to clients to claim a free event if they chose not to tick anyone during the speed dating. I didn’t tick anyone and asked for a free entry to another speed dating event.

Speed dater company decided not to give me a free access to another event on the basis that I had contacted some attendees which suggested that I wanted to date them. In fact it was indeed written in their general conditions about activating the guarantee that “If you are seen to be handing out business cards, exchanging contact details or sending site messages to event members, this suggests you do wish to see members again. Such acts will forfeit an activated guarantee.” Who reads such TCs?
They spy over your shoulder and read the messages you may exchange with some attendees to withdraw their guarantee. You have been warned! I haven’t heard of any other speed dating company having this attitude.
This is where Denise comes into the picture. I will be charitable and call her Denise even though this is not her real name. Denise organizes events. Denise became upset because I had tried to use the guarantee to book a free event (for which I initially paid no less than 20 quids!).
Very recently I decided to join a friend into one of those single party events. Denise was there, at the entrance! Denise denied me access. She has also refused to give me any refund.
Denise also pathetically thought she had to tell me proudly that she “had shares in the company” before adding that she was not a director though!

More seriously I think this company is has-been. They didn’t manage to reinvent themselves. They treat clients poorly, enrol then through questionable commercial practices into paying sections of their website, claim they offer a guarantee but are keen to withdraw it at their discretion to cash in as much as they can.

Times have changed, new business models appeared. Many new comers on the lucrative single market industry offer FREE single parties. Their motto is exactly the opposite: they don’t ask for money or for you to be even registered (so no need for you to check that you credit card is charged after a while for unwanted subscriptions.)

chrisn14
8/26/13

i used to be a site moderator on this site,, would i recommend it, NO,, they have a free app to chatrooms which allows any douche bag to enter and abuse any member,, when i asked for these profiles to be removed, was told it cant be done as they have a cellular account, which they cant block the IP address,, surely the best thing would be as i suggested, block free access, then they would have genuine people instead of the foul mouthed morons that are on there now !!!

tt28
8/18/13

Cupid plc’s terms and conditions applying to their online dating services are extremely binding.
Anyone willing to subscribe to their Services may want to read carefully their terms and conditions.

We have found the below post on a consumer website (consumer a ffairs). Please note that at this stage we haven’t been able to confirm if the alleged facts are accurate and a true reflection of the situation although the complaint appears genuine, thorough and factual to us.

“Laura of Liverpool” has posted on 26 August 2012 on consumer a ffairs:

“I was absolutely horrified recently when both a customer along with friends and family informed me that they had seen dating agency advertising banners on YouTube and Facebook with my face. I was sent copies of these advertisements and was furious that Mature Dating UK was using a picture of me to advertise their company. I found out that this company is a subsidiary of Cupid PLC”.
[…]
“I received a non-apologetic email back explaining that I had joined an online dating agency back in 2011 and as part of their T&C's, they can use my images as they please. I was absolutely dismayed for several reasons. The first being that although I do recall joining an online dating agency at the beginning of 2011, I ended my membership shortly afterwards (mid 2011) and have been in a relationship with my current partner since. It is ludicrous that they can use my pictures when I'm not even an active member. Secondly, surely this is false advertising for Mature DatingUK, as I was only 28 years of age on the picture and I have never been a member of this particular website. Finally, had the T&C’s been clear that they can use my picture for advertising for whatever websites they please and whenever they like, I certainly would not have shared my pictures. I am horrified to think how many other people could have their reputations tarnished by this exploitation and wonder how many members Cupid PLC would actually have if it made it very clear of its unacceptable intentions.”
Laura adds:
“I have since received an email back from Cupid PLC detailing their T&C’s. […]
I have included what they sent me below and I continue to pursue them for an apology: "License to your posted content - By posting information or content to your profile pages or any public area of the site, you automatically grant, and you represent and warrant that you have the right to grant to Cupid an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide license to use, copy, publish, display, reformat, translate and distribute such information or content and to grant and authorize sub-licenses of the same. You further waive any moral rights you may have in any such information or content."”

We present below a review of the recent changes applied to the Cupid plc’s terms and conditions applying to their online dating services.

1. Data protection

In Cupid plc’s terms and conditions appearing online as of 02 August 2013 that we have recorded, it is stated indeed that “by posting information or content to your profile pages, […] [you] grant to Cupid an irrevocable, perpetual, non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, copy, publish, display, reformat, translate and distribute such information or content”.

It appears that the terms and conditions have now been amended as they state as of 14 August 2013, section 6 B, that “by posting information or content including but not limited to copyrighted content, name and likeness and photographs to your profile pages, […] [you] “grant to us, our Partner Sites and Group Companies, a non-exclusive, royalty free, worldwide licence to use, copy, publish, display, reformat, translate and distribute, and broadcast, such information or content.”

We do note that the terms “irrevocable” and “perpetual” have been removed and that the TCs now explicitly include all partner sites and group companies.

We note that this coincides with the official news statements from the British Information Commissioner’s Office (ICO) dated 29 July 2013 published on their official website.

The ICO news say:
“The letters follow a recent survey by the ICO of major UK dating websites, which identified areas where the Data Protection Act was not being followed. The ICO has now written to the four biggest UK-based providers of online dating services, highlighting the main areas of concern that the survey found. The companies are asked to respond with how they are meeting those concerns.
The areas of concern highlighted include:
• Poor visibility of the terms and conditions that give the website consent to use personal information in certain ways
• Those terms and conditions making reference to the dating company having “perpetual” or “irrevocable” licence to use members’ data
• Websites claiming to take no responsibility for the loss of or damage to personal information
• Users being expected to provide personal details before the terms and conditions are provided
The letters have been sent to eHarmony, match, Cupid, and Global Personals, as well as the industry trade body, the Association of British Introduction Agencies.
The work by the ICO’s enforcement team comes as BBC’s Panorama programme (“Tainted Love: Secrets of the Dating Game”.) reports on the scale of apparent unscrupulous practices being employed by some dating websites.”

Simon Entwisle, ICO’s Director of Operations, said:
“The evidence we’re being presented with by the media suggests quite concerning business practices by some dating websites, and there are particular questions around how people’s information is being used that need to be answered.
“It’s concerning to see that there appear to be sites which, as a matter of course, are falling far short of the legal standards for ensuring information is accurate and up to date.
“While media reports are painting a disturbing picture, the number of complaints we’re getting from the public is not very high. That could be because this is only an issue with a small minority of websites, or it could be because people are reluctant to come forward. The work we’re doing now will help us to better understand the scale of the issue.
“As part of that work, we’d urge anyone who believes a dating website has misused their data to get in touch with us.”

The latest version of Cupid plc’s terms and conditions explicitly indicate section 1 that you “authorise us to reproduce […] the information contained in your profile including your name, photograph, […] description etc. throughout all or part of our Partner Sites and our Group Companies for […] marketing and other purposes”.

We note that the term “other purposes” is intentionally sufficiently vague.

Section 6 B reaffirms that “we may use any of your content, including your photographs, for the purposes of advertising or publicity.”

If you combine this clause with the clause mentioned Section 5 B whereby (i) “you warrant that you will provide all the information required to complete the registration forms for our Services” and (ii) “ensure the information you provide is complete, accurate and up to date”, you fundamentally grant to Cupid plc the right to use your data for commercial purposes and you commit to provide accurate data about yourself.

In other terms, as soon as you agree with the terms and conditions, Cupid plc can use your personal data, including for “marketing and other purposes” as they see fit and they might force you to indemnify then if you breached their clauses:

Indeed section 9 D, “You agree to indemnify us […] for any claims, causes of action, debts, losses, costs, liabilities and expenses (including reasonable legal fees) relating to or arising […] out of: […] any content or information posted by you.”

2. Clas s action

An additional clause has been added section 10 C of the terms and conditions whereby Cupid plc’s clients are “giving up [their] rights to participate in a class a ction.” This additional clause is likely to have been introduced between 02 August 2013 and 14 August 2013 as there does not seem to be any mention of such a clause prior to 02 August 2013 in the TCs we have consulted online and recorded.

In la w, a class act ion is a form of lawsut in which a large group of people collectively bring a claim to court. They allow consumer organizations to bring claims on behalf of large groups of consumers.

We note that the timing of this clause being introduced does coincide with the recent BBC investigation program on dating websites aired on 29 July 2013 and the news statements from the ICO dated 29 July 2013.

This seems to imply that Cupid plc now considers that it might become the defendant in a cl ass action.

Note that common-law principles do not favour the retroactive effect of clauses in the majority of cases, and canons of legislative construction presume that legislation is not intended as retroactive unless its language expressly makes it retroactive.

joea35
7/31/13

some how my credit card started getting charges from this website. I never heard of them before that. had charges disputed last month, then they showed up again this month, blocked payment to the company and had a new care reissued. about the only way to stop them from getting any more money....

zz12
7/29/13

After watching an investigative journalism program on this site, I decided to create a couple of free profiles and see what happened. Sure enough, within minutes, in came the emails saying people wanted to meet/email.
Quite why anyone pays to use these sites when FREE alternatives exist bemuses me.
I guess people get what they deserve, not what they pay for.

anitak2
7/4/13

I signed up for a free trial membership. The email I received stated my membership would expire on 7/4. When I tried to cancel my membership on 7/4, I was told my membership expired at midnight UK time, not US time, and they charged my card for a month's membership. One of the customer service reps even went so far as state I was stupid and had no common sense.

leandroe4
4/25/13

I didn’t like it at all. Super boring website with strange people. This idea of single friends scares normal people away. Hahaha There are lots of better sites for meeting interesting and fun people. I had an account on AFF but changed it fast to www.globogirls.com Cool girls,very hot ones and funny . They are not shy to open cams guess this gives the idea about real people on the site.

thomasg19
4/14/13

After accepting the 3-day trial I found that there were NO profiles anywhere remotely close to my area. In fact, only "fake" profiles were found.
On the second day I cancelled the membership - 100% according to the rules of the site. This included "finding" the hidden link that turns off the auto-renewal. The auto-renewal engages after the end of each membership period and automatically charges your credit card.
The process included an automated message from the site with a code. The code is to be "used" in the site. When you cancel, you are provided the limited instructions:
"To complete your cancellation process, please log in to SilverCupid.com and enter the cancellation code when you're asked for it."
When you log back into the site there is NOTHING requesting that the code be entered somewhere.
Additionally, you will also find that after you have disabled the auto-renew, it has been "enabled" by the system.
In truth, the site will NOT allow you to disable the auto-renew.
The company states a great deal of information covering how they are allowed to do what they offer, but NOTHING states that the profiles are fake, although they clearly are fake.
Nothing states how to go through the cancellation process. In fact, trying to find out "how" to cancel is left up to the user to figure out.
IF you are able to figure out the process, you will be denied.
One step is left out, purposely, so that you are unable to cancel. You are sent a code that they mandate you log in to your profile and enter....but "where" is never disclosed.
If you go through the entire cancellation process again, you will confirm that there is nowhere throughout the process that the code is required. Yet, the company, if you can figure out "how" to communicate with them, will respond with the fact that you failed to enter the code.
Even after I showed them screenshots of the process, proof of the fact that I went through all the steps they mandate to cancel my profile, they told me that I failed to enter the code....even though I repeatedly told them there is NOTHING in their process allowing the code to be entered.
If you attempt to use the HELP page you are met with a form that has an empty dropdown list from which to select a subject. Of course, that dropdown is mandatory, so if you attempt to send your message without selecting a subject (which does not exist), your message will not be sent. Thus mandating you scour the site to find a method to contact the site administration.
After sending messages to them mandating they refund my entire illegally obtained membership fee, along with sending them screenshots to prove that their system does not work as they describe, it was only after I threatened them with my ability to shut down their site that they responded with, "...We issued a refund of 49,99 USd and you will get your money back within 10 business days...."
You see, I'm a Web developer by trade. I threatened them with having my bank reverse the charges, then have my bank file theft charges against their financial institution which would shut down their gateway (their process for accepting credit card payments), and then I would file complaints with Google to have the site removed from the search engine. And, finally, I threatened to create a Web site for the sole purpose of disclosing the illegal operations of SilverCupid by getting "my" Web site into the top of the search engines.
I have not received the refund yet, but this is only day 1 of their agreement to refund my membership fee they illegally obtained. I will update this post if I do not receive the refund.

richardh38
4/8/13

(ZERO STARS) Before I joined this site (3 day trial) I was getting 9 or 10 messages and about 5 chat requests a day, so I paid for the '3DT.' Only to find that not even one of these women(s) were returning my replies. Alarms started ringing in my head here, the site tries to reel you in like a fish by sending you bogus and completely FAKE messages and chat requests alike. But on one other occasion I was using the SMS chat service. (short story) I asked the girl to meet and she made up some $#*!&bull story about 'staying friends and that she felt safer texting me instead.' What a load of bull... What I'm more pissed off about now, is the fact that I was suckered into using this site not once , but twice! What a load of BS! Stay away! DON'T WASTE YOUR HARD EARNED CASH!

jenniferp20
4/6/13

This site is an escort service. When i figured this out less then 24 hours later I requested my money back and was denied! I did not get responses to my email either! There is not a phone number to talk to someone. Everyone who tried to get in touch with me were from other countries looking for business for their sites related to escort! I would rate ZERO stars. Please do dot get ripped off by this scam and report to the Better Business Bureau! The site states it is for dating but when your card is charged it comes up Pink Cupid Dating and ESCORT service!!!!!!!

lianam1
3/18/13

Wish I could give it a less than one star. This site is horrible! It's impossible to navigate and about 90% or more of the people viewing you/emailing you/whatever are from nowhere near where you are. It's more of a scam site than anything else!

jasminl2
3/12/13

This site sending members messages on behalf of each other...they want you think something going on and keep you busy. I recieved a few messages from scamers and all of them were living out of USA. When I signd up later found out I been cherged for VIP as well ..I message them that they should not charge me for VIP and I want my mony back,finelly they did. Also, my back changed my card witout charging me for it because I explain what happened. SCAM

roberts106
2/1/13

I agreed to pay £2.97 for 3 days. After 1 day I cancelled as I suspected the site could not do what it boasted. They took another £14.90 for 'VIP'? As I cancelled after a day I asked them for the exact time of my order for this VIP? No reply and not expecting one. This is a fraudulent outfit free to raid any account they have details for because the authorities are toothless despite years of complaints about this con company.

stevens42
1/26/13

One star only because there is no choice for ')' or 'minus' This site is a complete rip off. The woman start contacting you BEFORE you have a photo or description up. ok, so maybe that is a mass mailing.
BUT once you start talking to them, they all want to have cyber sex or take you to their site. BUT they are too shy to meet AND they don't really answer your replies, they just direct you to sex chat. ODDEST thing was , I had 3 of them in the same day use the very same very rare slang word!!!

Then when I said 'tell me your name and if you can meet me sometime or do you just want to cyber sex', they all had a very similiar 'got to go' standard response.

I have called my bank and had my debit card cancelled, before they do what i have read on the other reviews....OVER CHARGE.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE!!!

rayp10
1/18/13

ZERO STARS...I had to give them 1 star in order for the review box to allow me to write in it. DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SITE!! SAVE YOUR MONEY AND TIME!! Fake peole that do not exist!! OR SCAMMERS FROM GHANA OR NIGERIA!!! After you pay everything dries up and then they link you to their other sites to try to get you to pay again!!! I did use this site in early 2007 and found someone real... 5 year relationship.. still good friends. But it now seems to be total b.s. Call and theaten them they will offer you 40-60% off. Threaten enough to tell/blog/and review the truth and they will credit back to card or offer you free time. Again DO NOT DEAL WITH THIS SITE!! and TELL EVERYONE YOU KNOW THAT ARE LOOKING INTO DATING SITES TO STAY AWAY! EVENTUALLY THEIR REPUTATION WILL CATCH UP WITH THEM AND HURT THEIR BOTTOM LINE!!!Read all reviews the truth is quite apparent!!! . Best to goggle dating site reviews. Good ratings for Match.com / Ok cupid / Lavalife /.... be cautious and good luck!

cliveh4
1/11/13

Signed up for a 3 day trial and after getting a AUTO RESPONSE from a friend who had been inactive for 18months I googled the cause. I then found you have to cancel the auto billing and to my horror found that I had also been billed £16-99 for a months VIP services. To cancel auto billing, you need to call a 0844 number at £1-50 per minute. Total RIP OFF the only reason I signed for the trial is because the friend responded (AUTO)

jazminc
1/8/13

this site sucks,talking to bots and fake people in chat room. No quality people to be found on this site. This site will not get you a date/ relationship...period. Save your money. They will charge you way before your subscription ends.

bs30
1/6/13

I think all the other reviews are correct all email I get from cupid are bogus and they want me to pay hell no
The only sites I can recommend are match they are proactive in hunting down scammers and surprisingly pof which stands for plenty of fish & okcupid which are free they do get scammers but if you remember the golden rules never give money if they ask RUN wait 7 days before going to next stage and give any contact details out
And finnaly IF ITS TO GOOD TO BE TRUE IT PROBEBLY IS..

amyw30
1/3/13

This is a horrible site. The settings in which you can select what kind of person you are searching for is greatly lacking causing a response from individuals of no interest. Most of which are no where near my location or country for that matter. Also having a fee from their company for an international purchase after not making the consumer aware that purchasing a simple three day trial membership was indeed a purchase out of the United States is fraudulent. Of course they are denying this debit insisting it is my bank charging me this international purchase fee so now I am now having to close my bank account and reopen one to prevent them from hacking my account further. This is not a reputable company and is indeed looking to take advantage of people in many different ways. After reading many reviews on them now I am fearful of ever having my picture listed on my temporary profile with my location. And because they are located out of the US it makes it very hard to prosecute them for their wrong doings. This is not a site anyone will find and sort of happiness at all.

alann11
10/31/12

As a free member you WILL get lots of messages and chat requests. Its when you pay for a membership that everything dries up! Its all BS. As an experienced programmer in dating site scripts, I know they DO use bots to automatically scan for compatable suiters and initiate a message/chat. This only happens on non-paying members. There is a very easy way to check for bots. Register as a free member, fill out your profile as normal BUT in your description clearly put "I ONLY REPLY TO MESSAGES & CHAT REQUESTS THAT START WITH THE KEYWORD ABC123" see how many messages you receive will do this... none!

homebrewersr
10/30/12

Lot's of ladies contacted me saying they live in my city. We start to chat and them I ask them something like "what is your closest intersection, I want to make sure you're really from here". All the sudden the chat stops. Why, because it's them chating with you not the person represented.

johns223
6/9/12

Total waste of time. SAVE YOUR MONEY. Joined up for 1 month and within 1 hour of joining i was bombarded with mail, hugs, kisses and winks from supposedly genuine members.....every women has the same username - abbi or abbig seems to be the fav name on that site. Most of the other women are members of other sites linked to Cupid. They message you, you try to return message but as they are on a linked site......you are then expected to join that site also to reply...what a rip off !

marke19
6/7/12

I would not provide CUPID.COM with ANY stars. I thought things seemed too good to be true when I discovered my messages were not getting through, I received winks from people who had not winked at me, and to top it all, was defrauded out of £25 (25 GBP) by a scammer using their chat facility (on Wednesday 6 June 2012). Fortunately, I have managed to request a refund from the payment processor, however, IF ANY OF YOU ARE IN ANY DOUBT, steer clear of this and every other CUPID.COM associated website.

I have used many dating websites. This has to be the worst...

Cupid plc Management Team: Hope you or one of your researchers are reading this. You are a 100% disgrace.

wwe
6/2/12

I jointed with free member and I've received more than 10 mails every week, most of mails sent by the person I just tried to review their details. I believe those people did not real send me anything.

eamonnm
5/17/12

this site is a scam, I did sign up for a three day trail for 2.99,
some weeks later I get my CC statements back only to find I have been charged 24.99
twice, or two months ,
I delated my profile on cupid, only to get a e mail saying I had deleted my profile on girlsdateforfreedot com, these are two sites I would not give out my cc number again hope this helps some one in the future

reginaldf
4/11/12

Fake profiles, automatic emails from their server claiming people are interested in you when in fact, Cupid is trying to get you to contact that person! It's a scam! Do not register at this site! To cancel and remove your profile you have go through tons of hoops at the site and then you are directed to call a number?! Are you serious!? Do not waste your time!

tonyn5
1/27/12

Loads of 'auto messages' tries to milk you with UPGRADE to fart at this girl, etc. When you do get chatting to a girl she's in Ghana and has very bad English, even though her profile says she's in the US or Germany. Waste of money tbh.

johnf40
10/11/11

well i have bean on cupid for about 6 months or so and all the women over 23 are all in ghana or nigeria,and there profiles say they are in the united states. so what is really going on the sight?

caroled2
8/21/11

I found someone to talk to on this site and have been talking for a long time. He ask me for money in the amount of $400 USD and being stuipd I sent it to him. Then he said he loved me and after a while I said I love you to him too. Then he began asking me for larger amounts, and I sent more money. Now I know I was thinking with my heart not my head. I told him to leave me alone and now he is asking me for more money and I said NO MORE MONEY. I was so stuipd

maureenr1
8/7/11

Nothing but con men. The site puts your profile on all of their other sites without your permission. The site sends bogus messages to you as an auto reply from someone when in fact the person never contacted you. If you look in your sent mail, you will
find replies that you have never sent.

I hope that someone pays attention to this and has this site investigated.

heatherr11
8/4/11

I've been contacted by nothing but BS. I've had many men claiming to be military. They give their full names and all. As soon as I get a full name I check them out and know their full of crap. When talking with them if you ask them questions and they do not answer a RED FLAG should go up. NEVER tell anyone how much you make OR send them money. I even had 1 guy e-mail me on Cupid.com w/ a messenger name but when he actually started talking w/ me was on under a different name and then came on line as the other guy. Really??

als11
8/3/11

I'm trying to meet a nice lady on this site,and these text messages come up,saying that these women are all In Chicago,and yet when I ask them where they are,they ALL say GHANA!What's up with that??This is a real $#*!ED up
site..

fredf4
6/22/11

This company is trying to steal my trademark. They act like cow boys. The laws ? they don't know what it means. Their lawyer is informed about the facts, they do not reply us.

borisj
Apprentice Reviewer
6/9/11

Again, one of the many scammers out there. It's not nice to play with people's emotions like that. When I joined the site, I got 10 emails after 1 hour, and from women so far away from my country and interests, that it was obvious that these were site's bots, luring me to pay, if I wanted to view the messages from them. Come on, who falls for that?

niksb
5/27/11

till the time you are not the member weather gold or platinum u ll b getting lot of request 4m the member but the time ya become a member all dos request ll b stopped and the same pictures and the id ya can find on the different site gals date 4 free.com as dos id r fake to make members and take the membership amount..
ma suggestion 4 dis site. is ya are have a chance of 95% to b get cheated..so please don't log on 2 dis site.

jonb8
4/24/11

The site appears to be a blatent and extreme case of ripoff.
A search on

reveals EXACTLY the same list of people! So all these
sites are sharing the same little group of people.
Someone should kick some ass about this.

rosalindt
3/15/11

on this site i was continually inindated with letters from the immigration scammers but on one occasion i had a letter from a british man who i was wary thinking he was an immigration scammer but after 3 weeks of spending time everyday with him and giving him my email and eventually allowing him on my facebook page he started asking for money at first it was a donation for a widow of a man that was accidently killed at his industrial site which i sent 178.00 canadian for and then one week later he sent me a request for 85,000 dollars to pay his taxes so he could leave britain and come to canada. i refused and asked him to send me a copy of his passport so i knew his real identity and he sent me a forged copy of the passport the deges of the pic were visible and the writing was so blurry i couldn`t read it but when i zoomed in it wasn`t even ihis name on the thing. i wrote immediately to cupid on saturday and didn`t hear back wrote them again yesterday and they said nothing could be done so i threatened them with police action and finally they said they would investigate and remove his profile but it is still there as of now. my point is if he were on the street i could have him charged with fraud and attempting to extort money but being on the internet these crimes are going on all the time. is there any suggestions you could give me to prevent this the next time?

susans11
1/1/11

DO NOT GIVE THEM CREDIT CARD INFORMATION! If you sign up for the trial period and then cancel before the deadline, they will continue to charge your credit card a monthly fee. I am in a four month nightmare with my credit card company trying to get them to stop accepting the charge. My next recourse is to contact the Attorney General's Office and report internet fraud. If you research "Cupid.com scam", you will find others having the same issues when they try to cancel membership.

richardc6
10/3/10

signed up for 3 days at £2.97 was unable to cancel due to cancelation error on there site
then got charged £29.99 for a month ,it took 22 days to cancel subscription trying every day .sent them 9 emails which they never responded to. and never got hold of anybody on there complex phone system,
once you give your bank details ,you will be continually charged until you cancel.
but you can't cancel??
please people don't use this site
there are many better sites.
kind regards