US Government's NSF

New York, New York, USA

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

▼ Sort by: recent

So I am relatively new to the crowdtap community. Its only been a week since I became a tapper, but I am already loving it.

If you are someone who likes to try out products before you buy them then this is a site which you should check out. You have to fill out a few questions about yourself and you are ready to start tapping. Crowdtap alerts you about new campaigns run by brands.

You need to answer small survey questions by brands which are known as Quickhits. You might also be asked to take part in a text or photo challenge which earns you extra points. You may even share them on your social media profiles (I always opt out of it)

It has only been a week since I joined and they are already sending me two different samples to try out and review. I am waiting for my order to arrive. I will update this review as soon as I get it.

I have also heard people receiving Gift Cards at the end of the month if they have accumulated certain number of points. I will also update in case I receive any gift cards.

I love crowdtap. I love being able to share my input on brands and products, and even at times help create new ones. Each month you get multiple Quickhits which are basically just multiple choice questions about brands and products. Each brand has their own page, and with each Quickhit you answer you get 20 points on whatever brand page you answered it on. At the end of the month you are entered into gift card drawings for each group. (I've only not won one once, other than that I've won MANY 5 dollar Amazon gift cards). In addition based on some of your answers you may be offered a chance to sample, normally, a full size product. I just got a fill size bag of a new Splenda product in the mail. Previously I've gotten food, makeup, cat food, etc. Really a fun site.

I tried to join, but the confirmation of email is messing up. As it does for many. I see from my study of the tech behind their failure is they are tracking people. Using pixels from the time you confirm your email address, They have now linked tightly to Facebook (I am posting this in June 2015) and only want you to register if you visit your account often enough, and if you have a big enough friend list. To see this for yourself try registering with an email account not tied to Facebook, but one you used to initially register with them. The error message you get will list their criteria for your FB account to pass their approval process. Something you do not hear about when you register. You know darned good and well they are likely selling the info they can scoop off of your FB account.

From the reviews I see all over the internet they are not paying a lot of people. It is not uncommon for sites to set up CPA offers that pay THEM and hide it as jobs, micro tasks or surveys and some such. You do the inputs as you, and they take the pay. Many incentive ad networks have no problem with paying them for doing it. Getting your name and email and whatever you hand them that is as well. They get a few bucks and pay you a few cents. If that. Hundreds of sites are out there like that now. Scripts to set them up are very cheap. Please do not be stupid enough to give any of them your social security number or biz tax ID. Nobody needs that until your pay hits a certain amount, and I doubt from what I saw online if they ever pay anyone enough to need it.

I have already won 2 amazon gift cards totaling $10 during my 1st month of being a member

After months of being a Crowdtap member, and accumulating points, I tried to redeem them today. First, however, I had to "verify" my account. To do this, I needed a cell phone. I do not have, nor can I afford one. So, I am unable to redeem any points because this site discriminates against people who do not have cell phones!

I like sharing my opinions on products, websites, and services. I read about Crowd Tap online. They ask your opinion on products or services and occasionally have you try products in the form of a sample share or hosted party. They also are heavily involved in charity so I figured I'd give it try.

First when you sign up you get a $1 in your account. You also get points. Points are not the same as the money in your account. The more points you get the higher level you are. Once you get in a high level you eligible for the sample shares and hosted parties, which are pretty cool.

You need at least $10 to cash out. You don't get actual money, but Amazon gift certificates. They have you choose a charity from their list when you sign up. I chose Autism Speaks, since my nephew is Autistic and I work with special needs children I love this charity.

When you cash out they automatically give 5% of your earnings to your charity. Crowd Tap then matches the amount. I love this idea. You also get money occasionally for answering polls. It may only be a dollar here and there. They then make the same amount donation to your charity.

You have activities to complete. All that is answering a question on a forum about a product or your view on an idea. You get points for that.

After receiving so many points you get to a higher level. I joined about 6 months ago and am now on level 7. Level 4 and up are eligible for sample share and parties. My first one was for Old Navy. I received a coupon in the mail for a free pair of jean capris. I also got 3 free coupon for capris to hand out to my friends. We didnt' pay a dime. The people at the store was amazed we had the coupon. I then filled out a report that took about a minute about the capris and received $5 in my account and points.My next sample share was Old Navy again this time I got 1 free dress and 3 coupons for free dresses. Again I received $5 in my account. I then had a Playtex Sport Body Wipe Share. This time they sent me about 10 samples of the product. For some reason I only got $2 in account this time because they said my report was not good enough. I needed to go into my detail. My current sample share I got a box filled with Old Navy Accessories. I got in the mail a free purse, sunglasses, 2 pretty scarves, 5 free canvas reusable bags. I didn't fill out report yet. I'm suppose to have a party and give out gifts and keep one for myself. I am doing this next week.

My one friend got a sample share for free Hawaiin Tropic Suntan lotion and moisterizer. I know they had a diesel, msn and pepperidge farm shares to that I didn't qualify for.

The site is great, but still in Beta mode. So there are some kinks. For example you are suppose to get points for answering on the forums. I don't for my one sample share, I told them this and they said I do get it even though I do not. They do answer emails right away, but are not that helpful in the situation about my points. This only happen once though. They also give you 400 pts for answering thoughtfully. I take time to answer in detail, but don't always get points.

I did cash out for $107 in Amazon gcs. It took about 6 months.

All in all this is a cool site and when they get out of Beta mode I hope it's cooler. It defintely worth checking out.

Currently you can only join through invites so check it out below.