US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jamesb39

overall, everything ive bought from people has been a good experience,but i would be extra cautious! (in 24 reviews)

alext4

Couple of my friends found legitimate name jobs just because the company didn't know where to put job postings at. (in 3 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

mikel188
3/19/15

The rooms/shares in NYC are a joke. Some people have 8-12 ads for the same apt, -- look at the Galley and you see the same picture time after time on the same day. I just got prank emails for my new posting, and I got it removed apparently because some sensitive soul "flagged" me for wanting a certain gender (but my wife is not comfortable with a strange male). No explanation given. Just gone. This is not an apt rental -- it is an apt SHARE -- and by making me write a neutral ad all those males who think they have a chance end up wasting their time writing. I can discriminate all I want with respect to someone living with us and sharing our bath and kitchen, and the federal laws do not apply here. It would be only if I were renting the whole apt to someone that these issues are relevant. My guess, too, is that some advertisers flag others to reduce the competition for their own ads. CL simply sucks now.

peterm123
3/5/15

If I was writing this review a year ago I would be giving it ***** stars, but they changed the posting system, now I cant find my add on there. I see 5 star reviews and I guess they are the ones that are able to manipulate the system, I see multiple adds for the same thing, one add particular suck out, after seeing it a few times I decided to count them, 128 times, the posting title kept changing, but it was the same add. it was property for rent, I would be willing to bet they don't have 128 apartments for rent right now. My add ad is nowhere to be found

andyc53
3/4/15

Ocala Craigslist is having major issues. I am having trouble reposting the ads I posted in February because I cannot find them on my account page. Draft ads keep disappearing for my draft list after 24 hours and the date when some ads were posted keeps changing back and forth.

susane37
2/23/15

Craigslist is great in many ways but I posted my resume under resume. Biggest mistake. I had spam from all over. Craigslist needs to eliminate that column. One person called that was legit. Lesson learned.

susanc96
2/10/15

Craigslist has proven itself to be a huge danger to both humans and animals. It is loaded with liars, scammers, cheats, puppy mills and backyard breeders. This site has a list of what is prohibited BUT all posts are entered. There have been people murdered who have answered ads on this site. Anyone that purchases anything from Craigslist is taking a huge chance at being ripped off at the least.

teresat12
1/12/15

Because of Craigslist I have a decent ongoing business and making a good living. I've never had any complaints, no really! They aren't perfect- but what is? I wish they could enable hyperlinks to your business website, for instance.

Tip for consumers: Persevere with Craigslist- in the end it's worth it. You get what you put into the ads you post. Be as professional as you can be when you place your ads. And it make Kijiji look like a bunch of slow, deficient amateurs. Yeah, Craigs is the best. No pockets were lined for this good review!

brandonb45
12/31/14

I've had my ups and downs more of a mutual agreement on it. I've bought and sold cars and other equipment. Selling is a lot harder then it seems if you sell something that's lets say 50$ lower then retail people will still try to talk you down even if there getting it cheaper then any where else. You have to stand strong and firm on your price. I've had bad phone calls over cars for sell threatening and harmful ones not relating to your product not sure why. I've also had prank calls so its more of a anything can happen situation website.

Tip for consumers: Be firm about your price and be careful who you choose to sell for also meet at public places for safety.

gregp24
12/14/14

found this ad 504-435-8885 early on and them saw the same gal on BP so I decided she wasn't a cop and called her up and decided to go give her a try. I'm so glad I did. It was the most memorable night of my entire week got to say. her pics are spot on, she's even more pretty in real life. She put me at ease right from the start, we chit chatted for a bit then moved into foreplay. she carries herself very well, has a banging body, and it is very sure of what she's doing and does it well. you can tell she's one of those girls that enjoys what she does. She was had a smile on her face the entire time. needless to say I will be calling her again and again. I was very impressed. don't take my word for it though, give her a call yourself and see what I'm talking about. if you do call and mention that you read my ad Gman, so I get a discount next time I go see her for making the referral. aha.. her number again is 504-435-8885.

richards110
10/22/14

I used klemp construction and remolding. They advertise and I was told he had a crew of guys. He told me it would take two to three weeks. They where suppose to start the Monday after July forth 2014. They did not start until July 21 2014. They stated good then would not show up this went on for a while. I asked a few times when they would be finished I was always told 2 more weeks. It then got to the point that they would only come a couple days out of the week. By this time he was paid in full. They told me they would start priming the walls and ceiling,after priming was done the colors started to go on, then you could see all of the bad tape and mud job they did. At this point I called him up and told him we where finished and refund me some money. He called me back that night begging to let hm finish the job. He begged and gave a bunch of sob stories like he did to get all the money. He did show up the next day, only to take all of his tools and leave. This cost us appox $4,500.00.this was including the work he was paid for and did not do and to have ALL the mudding redone. I hope this does not happen to anyone else. I have typed Craig'slist a couple of times but his adds are still out there, so beware!

Tip for consumers: Do not use this company

pj55
10/19/14

Do not buy from IBUYKITCHENSTUFF.COM!!!!!
They advertise heavily on craigslist but their low ball items are not available!

We paid $1300.00 for a commercial freezer that NEVER worked from day 1! Yet they refused to give us a full refund! They deducted 25% , calling it a re stocking fee, for a BROKEN item!!!!!

Three weeks later the second item we had purchased, a sandwich prepfor $999.00 quit working, ruining $300.00 in milk!

They are RUDE and Unprofessional! Yelling and hanging up on me!

NOT a good company to buy from!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT BUY FROM I buy kitchen stuff.com, Jeff Lachter, at 9976-B Springfield Pike, Cincinnati, Ohio. Phone 513-515-5934!

abbiel2
10/7/14

DO NOT BUY FROM THIS WEBSITE. IT IS FULL OF SCAMMERS WHO ARE NICE AS ANYTHING TO YOU, THEN ONCE THEY'VE GOT YOUR MONEY WILL JUST COMPLETELY IGNORE YOU. THE WEBSITE HAS NOWHERE THAT YOU CAN REPORT ANY FRAUD, THIS IS THE WORST WEBSITE. FOR YOUR OWN SAKE PLEASE DONT USE IT. (DOESNT ACTUALLY DESERVE ONE STAR BUT I HAD TO POST THIS)

willamh20
9/29/14

I just sold my car took only 10 days I am very please and posting was real easy

Craigslist

Tip for consumers: very easy to use and a great way to sell

jasf
8/25/14

The worse way of trying to find anything. Been emailing numerous individuals for items they have posted and never get a response. Will never use again!

affordablea
8/14/14

Used to be Great, Now you can't even put one ad up because in less than 5 minutes, it is automatically deleted. It is absurd. I have sold things through CL in the past, and this week I put up some stuff to get some extra cash, and literally in less than 5 minutes, it is deleted. Oh, and there is no way of contacting CL directly, you have to go to the forum. Sucks!

saran17
8/7/14

I have listed several things on craigslist before, but now when I want to list my item on there it keeps getting flagged. The general consensus I get from the forum is that everyone thinks I am asking to much for it, so they flag it just because they don't like the price. I don't see how anyone can really have a say In how much I ask for my vehicle. If they don't want it no one is making them buy it. You can't get ahold of anyone at CL, they just tell you to go to the forum which is a good place to get verbally abused. I am very disappointed.

tannerp4
7/23/14

I have sold and "bought" a total of 4 items on craigslist. The first item I sold, the buyer bought "by mistake". When I wouldn't give him his money back, he threatened to find my house and forcefully take his money back. Strike one. The second I bought I drove 1 1/2 hours to pick up a "mint condition" piece of audio equipment. When I got their the item was anything BUT mint condition. Strike 2. The third item I almost sold the buyer tried to take my personal information. Strike 3. The fourth item i bought was a $400 once again "mint" condition audio unit. I recieved it, and it did not work. Tried to contact the seller, no response. Brought it to a repair shop and found out it would cost almost as much as i paid for the unit to fix it. WORST SITE IN THE HISTORY OF EVER. If you like being scammed, losing money, and having your life threatened by people your dont know, this is the site for you

ajk7
7/6/14

I would like to be able to give Craigslist a better rating, but it is too vulnerable and leaves it's customers (like myself today) scratching their heads too many times. This scam has been used and documented many times, but I would like to share the exchange with everyone anyway.

I posted an ad on my local craigslist page to sell some furniture. I'm moving soon and don't want to take some of it with me. I figured, I live in a college town and right near multiple bar districts and it's summer so there's bound to be some young college student looking to furnish there new apartment. Lot's of people browse craigslist to finds deals on stuff like that. I made one mistake and don't do this PLEASE.

I was looking to speed up the process and left my phone number for contact info. I already knew not to actually show your email address so they can't bypass having what they say going through craigslists system. Anyway a "man" texts me replying to the ad :

Scammer: "Am Mark i wanna know maybe is still available for sale? Living Room Furniture Sets (links to ad)

Me: "Hi mark yeah youre the first to respond to the ad, so yes everything is still available. Let me know if you have any questions or if you would like to take a look.

Scammer: Thanks for the prompt response. I'll like to know why you want to sell it. Hope it has no problem. and I will be happy if you can send me some close pics of it?

Note: Notice already the broken english and there were 6 pictures attached to the ad already so he didn't really need more, 2 early signs of the scam, but I'm really looking to move this stuff so I keep moving forward.

Me: "I'm moving because ill be moving out of town at month's end and will just buy new then. What pieces would you like more pics of? I'd be happy to send you some.

Scammer: Okay do you have a PayPal account?

Note: Not that Paypal is a bad thing, actually a great service and would've protected me greatly if he actually used it. But notice the fact that he completely ignored my question and jumped right to it. That's how you can get around these scams if you aren't totally sure. Just keep asking questions until you are 100% sure if it's legit and you can move forward with payment or if it's a scam and you report them to craigslist or whatever site you are using.

Me: No, I'd rather receive a cash payment when you pick up the furniture.

Scammer: It is easy and more faster to setup..Kindly sign up for a Paypal account. It's just a few steps away from signing up ok? I await to read from you soon...many thanks

Note: Again the broken english....and really you're going to have an attitude? In this situation the CUSTOMER IS NOT ALWAYS RIGHT!!! As a seller you have to protect yourself.

Me: I wait a few minutes to see if he persists and I can finally get one thing out of him that makes sense. He texts me 3 min after the last. "Hello!..." Really? an attitude and impatience?!? I'm pissed and now start to screw with the guy a little bit. I give him an old paypal account that he could hack and it wouldn't make a difference. And mind you the price we agreed on was $850 and I'm watching my email and the b.s. paypal acount side by side.

Scammer: "I will want to inform you that i have made the transfer and it has been deducted from my account...Kindly check your inbox and Spam folder for the email alert and also i will be needing a little help from you about the hauler.

Note: Why the hell would he tell me to check my emails spam folder. The only legitimate emails that end up in your spam folder are automated emails responses from new or less than highly reputable companies. Also WTF! you need help with the hauler? 1) who calls it a hauler and 2) my ad said specifically local pickup only!!!! So he continues...

Scammer: "I added an extra $650 which you are to transfer to the pickup agent address for the pickup to be made and i believe PayPal should have explained better about the procedure to complete the sale. I have also added an extra $100 for the western union charges so you got nothing to worry about, you can check your mail to read more about what it is to be done to complete the sale.

Me: (laughing hysterically....have not ever heard anything so absurd) "Sorry Mark, this is a scam you know it. I'm not getting involved with western union and you're not getting any of my own money. You're way of handling this and communicating was fishy to begin with. Please do not contact this number again or I will contact the authorities."
Then I received his "supposed" PayPal payment attempt emails which told me to go and pay the $650 out of pocket to his "pick up agents address" and then I would be reimbursed when the $1600 went through to my Paypal account, but there was no real payment from their end.

Just a fair warning to everyone out there, don't post your phone number on Craigslist. Just wait for emails through the system. Always protect yourself. If not you'll always have to stay on your toes like I did. Let's be honest they didn't do well at all to cover their intentions, but you never know, someone else might and they might cover it well. For now we can all laugh at how stupid "Mark" was.

jm103
6/22/14

craigslist is ONE OF THE WORST SITS ON THE INTERNET

EVEY ONE OF THE AD ON CRAIGSLIST IS A 100% SCAM

DO NOT EVEY UES CRAIGSLIST IT A TOTAL WASTE OF TIME & SHOULD BE

TAKE OF THE INTERNET FOR GOOD

vincek8
6/19/14

Just litterally so many issues.
I can't use the same phone number I had perviously used...
My ads keep getting automatically deleted.

This website is ruined. I remember when you didn't have to verify jack$#*! and it was amazing and simple to use.

jol80
6/15/14

I just went in to search for a rental house. OMG I am in San Diego county. Most of what came up is Riverside or LA counties. East county had NOTHING! Never ran into that before. It seems to be more problematic with each search layout change. I am going looking for somewhere else to search. Enough already.

missk2
6/12/14

I HATE CRAIGSLIST!!!!

STUPID $#*!ING COMPANY THAT ALLOWS A N Y O N E TO JUST COME ALONG AND "FLAG" YOUR POST?!?!? REALLY?!?! ARE YOU $#*!ING KIDDING ME?!?! THAT IS THE MOST RIDICULOUS, IDIOTIC.... YOU KNOW WHAT, THERE IS NO WORD THAT DESCRIBES HOW $#*!ING STUPID THAT IS...

EVERY POST SHOULD BE UP AND THERE SHOULD BE A TEAM THAT REVIEWS FLAGS BEFORE THE POST IS DELETED... THERE ARE PEOPLE SCROUNGING AROUND FOR EXTRA CASH MAKING POSTS AND SOME $#*! "POST COMPETITION" COMES ALONG AND FLAGS THE POST AND IT'S DELETED IMMEDIATELY?!?! NO QUESTIONS ASKED?!?!? SO STUPID!!!!!!!

F U C K Y O U C R A I G S L I S T !!!!!!!!

randyb29
6/4/14

A free site for you to buy and sell your products. There is a reason this is one of the oldest websites on the internet. Just a great platform.

ericar6
6/1/14

Where should I being? I have never reviewed a website before but I feel its necessary for craigslist. For off Craigslist should be completely moved or should have some type of way to warn its users of scam and or fraudulent things. I was looking for a job a few months back and my friend referred me to Craigslist and I didn't want to believe them because I had a feeling something wasn't right. I agreed to just go and search and found something that said personal assistant for "Andy Rouse" which is a famous photographer found that out after I did my research so I go and proceed with the job posting and the person (Andy Rouse) sends me a check I took it straight to the bank it turns out the check was fake and the job was a SCAM! A website like this shouldn't be up because its not right and people are actually do look for homes and or jobs and do not have time to be getting SCAMMED. The person over Craigslist can not even help its users and its not their faults because you want to believe everyone is going to be truthful but they are not

jenniferg35
5/29/14

Ive been using craigslist for years and for the most part successfully. However in the last year (2013-2014) it has been nothing but a nightmare. They delete my ads before they even get posted, over an over again, they will not let me run more than one ad. This is stupid. I contact them but as everyone knows there is no actual person only a computer, so that gets me nothing. Its like their computer is stuck on stupid and does not know what the goal of their site is. Yet, every day I see page after page of the same ad posted over and over again by the same person as if they're stuck on stupid. This makes no sense. May I suggest that someone come up with another site like Craigslist but without all the stupid problems. And just so you know, I would be more than happy to pay a small fee for each of my ads that I post. Please get rid of Craigslist. Apple, if you have 3Billion to buy Beats then why don't you invest in the public and create a site similar to Craigslist?

asiat
5/19/14

Some people may be scamming others on Craigslist, BUT I'm not. I'm am very serious about finding someone to take over my lease in Jacksonville. I've made other posts of my apartment for student housing being available. The rent is actually $460, but it's pet friendly so if you choose to have one, it will be $480. It's a 4 bedroom and 4 bathroom. Since its student housing, you will have 3 roommates or you can choose to move in with your friends. It's individually leased, so your rent is yours.

I will be more than willing to pay your 1st and 2nd half rent or give you the full $480 as promised in my other posts. It's really s win win because I'm asking you to take over my lease and I'm paying you for it. It's policy I pay 85% of the rent for breaking a lease, but I'm paying you 100%. It's fully furnished and electricity as well as water and cable are included. I'm steadily getting replies, but please don't reply if you aren't serious.

I have no problem meeting up and communicating over the phone. I no longer need this apartment because I've decided to remain in Orlando for my new job. The apartment is located at the District on Kernan in Jacksonville which is 5 mins away from unf and Fscj.

Feel free to Google the District on Kernan and call them directly 904-564-6400 and ask any questions.

Asia
407 8029446

paulk70
4/24/14

Don't use Craigslist for paid job postings. If anything happens, the customer service is non-existent. They pretty much stole $75 from me because the site said the credit card I was trying to pay with was invalid. I re-entered the information thinking I had not gotten the billing address right and even though it came up as invalid, I was charged each time anyways!

Update: After a few days, Craiglist responded with a message saying the payments were pending and if there was only one ad posted I would only be charged once. They said the pending payments would be cancelled within 10 days. We shall see... I changed this review to one star since it was not confirmed that they stole my money, however, if the payments are not cancelled, it will be changed back to one star.

stevew85
4/21/14

There is a character worthy of a movie, not to say he? it? is intelligent or admirable, more like unbelievable, unfathomable, I do not know actual sex so will call it IT.
IT is funny to watch if not involved or actually trying to assist others and take pride in being accurate and not leading others astray or even wore, into a potentially deadly situation, which is precisely what is happening, luckily nobody really uses it for any fixit forum advice apparently as my name adrss and phone # has been posted by this troll Kenzz since 2008 at least 100 times and I have never received a single phone call!!
But this Kenzz guy is also about 300 or more accounts and he uses them as his own gang and flags everybody off, which you could do too if anally retentive enough which sadly I admit I have been as I had to see if it works and sure enough I removed some of his accounts and he went beserk lol!

Look at Monterrey Rants n Raves section in craigslist, teenie is the string, aka Kenzzz and pretty much everybody Kenzz is around that is not trying to teach him or telling him off neither of which do a bit of good and he just is a Norman Bates kind of creepy and worse see for yourself, search Kenzz in the auto forum or fixit forum search bar and go nback in time every day for 6 years Kenzz is there every day and almost everyone else not him is gone leaving his stupid assertions archived but nobody who is really an expert is allowed to exist! I am on a Reward website that has over 750,000 expets and I am in their top 100!

Take a peek at the HH of the above noted troll Kenzz aka the string.
aka jburnsifipee, 315dude-10, fedguy, nightowl, electrickytech, restoman, fixitmike, tarragonman and many many more, they all are equally ignorant and not one is ever corecting what is clearly wrong ever rather they flag you for trying to be helpful or honest etc! the more sucesful or knowledgable you are the more you are targeted!

Sheila she be from down under,soon being deported
Sheila aka aussie, the $#*!ing idiot has no idea how many posts aren't Genuine Tee (The_String)
Sheila has no idea who is what around here. She points her fingers at everyone.
Meanwhile,spends her days trolling CL

NOW THIS GAL SHEILA IS VERY BRIGHT AND EDUCATED AND HAS BEEN RESPONDING TO TEEENIES ATTACKS FOR YEARS NOW!
SEE HER CLEVER RESPONSES BELOW,..
SHE ALWAYS POSTS HER AGE IN TITLE AS ASKED TO.

Hey teenie - 26 ( The gym)

age : 26
What's with your focus on fat? That's been a long time focus of yours. You must have collected thousands of pictures of obese women, and now an obese dog. Are you overweight? Was your Mom?Perhaps you or your folks come from the USA mid-west. You have several ongoing recurring themes to your posts.
That's how I know it's you. Some you are aware of, many you are not.
Over time I was amused to see just how many characters you were playing.
I guess that is what you mean that you were "playing you". Anyway what is your basis for the fat pictures? Do you just enjoy them? You know that in the past being fat was a sign of affluence and success. Only in the last couple hundred
years has it been perceived as a negative thing. I'm right in the middle of my BMI range. Where are you on the scale?

your daddy teenie - 26 (collecting)

age : 26
The really funny thing is that you are OLD enough to be my dad, perhaps my grandpa and you still behave like a 12 year old with poop pics, abused women pics, abuse pics of disabled people, real mature classy stuff. My family is SO much different. You had so many opportunities we all lacked and look how you have wasted them and what you do everyday and blame the result on everyone
but where it should be. So whilst we were getting degrees you were reveling in a stolen "flagbot",harassing people, lying about your socio-economic status 24/7 trying to "play" people in a clumsy obvious manner. You could have been on your way with that much effort but look where you are now. With the same 6 year effort I have an easy high paying job, a house, 2 cars, a motorcycle, a very cool boyfriend of 2 years, many friends, an incredibly intelligent pet, a Pop that races Miatas, a Mum that has a Harley and can cook, 2 little sisters on the fast track in OZ and a wild little brother living meters underground hunting rocks. You collect poop pictures,heh
I know that is a difficult concept for you. Had you stayed in high school you might have had a chance to learn rather than taking the path of a liar to attempt getting respect for doing nothing. Society has been cursed with lazy below average
people like you thinking they deserve something for nothing. The really funny thing is that you project all your own faults on to your victims and amazingly you are totally incapable of seeing that. It's a very lucky thing you had family to leech from or you'd be one of those poor homeless individuals that beg in parking lots.

TALKING IN 3RD PERSON
LOL LOL

question for teenie - 26 (right here)
age : 26
teenie, what does it feel like to be consumed with the level fear, hate, resentment ,lack of success etc.that you experience on a daily basis? Have you always had the hate and fear levels that plague you now or was it the result of a singular event or series of events that precipitated the state? Are you completely anhedonic or are there times when you have a sense of well being and strings of positive thoughts for any length of time? Are the hate and resentment thoughts somewhat continuous or do they just float to the surface and subside even if you don't act upon them? When you do act out, such as when you post your photo collection, does it help you out enough to have any long lasting positive effects, say an hour or more at a time? Has alcohol stopped providing relief as it has in the past? Were you bullied as a child, or did you do the bullying to others? How often did your parents use corporal punishment on you and by what age did it stop? I'm just doing a little study for my own edification.
I never got wrapped up in hate and such so it's often difficult for me to fully understand the feelings and behaviours that go along with those states of mind. Yes I can have temper tantrums and the like but they are over quickly with little lasting negative residual feelings. You seem to have negative effects lasting months at a time. Do you have the associated fear and hatred continuously during that time? That must be very painful.

You are all so Teenie obsessed - 40 (Peninsula)

age : 40
You understand that you have become Teenie Obsessed?
Not every post is from our little disturbed and dimented cl troll Teenie.
You understand that by responding to his weird and disgusting posts that
you are just adding fuel to his mentally distorted fire, right? I agree he
should be locked up someplace with no access to a computer or a smart
phone so we could put an end to his cl reign of primitive and tasteless
activities, but it is a free country.
Unfortunately he is one of the citizens who abuses his right to freedom of
speech or expression to its fullest extent. Maybe instead of responding to his
sick dribble and catering to his twisted ego, just ban together and flag everything
that spewes from his festering brain and maybe he will go somewhere else to
get the attention he so greatly needs.

cynthiam16
4/9/14

Here's the bottom line: Craigslist is free and the creator and the people who supposedly work there do NOT care about anything that goes on with the site. That is why they rely 100% on users to flag the ads. The individuals that flag the ads are mainly bitter and spiteful people. They do it because in their opinion they don't like it or you. I posted in the Flag Help Forum and every reason I received as to why my ad was flagged was nothing but a person's opinion. Not one person could tell me why according to the precious CL rules my ad was flagged and removed.
CL is a joke, but you get what you pay for.
It's obvious they don't care about the murders and rapes that have occurred as a result of their site, so why would they care if legitimate ads were deleted by users?
You can't reach them by any method invented. Don't expect anyone to call you back or to receive any other reply from an email except one that is canned and automatic.
Take your business elsewhere, is the best advice I can give you.

carriec16
3/23/14

Craigslist doesn't get any worse than this. I now have a Craigslist stocker (she) sent me an email saying she will flag and remove my ad's not Craigslist employees but my stocker will flag and remove my ad's. I also have gotten sexual phone calls multiple times. I have emailed Craigslist multiple times and no answer so I guess they don't care but stocking people to my knowledge is illegal and yet Craigslist doesn't care nor are they willing to do anything about there flag and remove system. Craigslist employees should be the only people to flag and remove anyone's post! ! Craigslist should be flagged and removed since they can't control the flag and remove game along with all the sexual phone calls and violence.

johnw189
3/2/14

I think the website is good its just some of the people you have to be cautious with ppl and there is a lot of scams on with money order that look real so I suggest that you deposit the money order first and make sure it clear do for you transfer any money Western Union to these people

rk34
2/27/14

This is one of the worse classifieds to post on. If you don't like your $ they simply flag your ad and its removed. The barter section is a complete job as well, you turn an offer down your ads removed. They take that click pay to the extreme and I'm done. There are plenty of other places to post. If your smart avoid craigslist.

carlas15
2/4/14

Use this site very often. The largest classifieds site out there with a lot of local ads posted from individuals. However, there are known cases of unfair people on the site so one needs to be vigilant and check the internet for reviews about the person offering services or products. I always check people on radaris, intelius or peoplefinders prior to reaching out to them.

mikee25
1/21/14

Craigs List just sucks. I have listed and bought stuff several times on this site but it just keeps getting worse. The person that gave the review about job postings is absolutely correct, but it is not just job listings. This whole site should be flagged and removed.

melaniec7
12/6/13

I Tried out the personals on this site about 6 times and every single time i was always flagged and removed. I was discriminated against because i am a attractive lady. I think the guys would complain about you if you ask for a picture. Who wants to meet someone who you don't even know what they look like. I think the girls on the site complain and flag & remove the pretty girls. Which is wrong. I know this because i got a rude email from a girl. And the men get pissed if you don't get back with them after you get their picture. What a joke.I also ran a ad and got rude prank calls because i wouldn't give them the deal they wanted on my weed eater. I would stand clear of this site. Just rude people on it.. the people that run it and the people that are on it. WHAT A WAST OF TIME REALLY.

janetc15
11/26/13

Craigslist.com DO NOT review ads by people properly. I have used them for years and I have applied to a lot of "seemingly" legitimate jobs and I did not get any replies. In fact, I felt raped and violated because I submit cover letter, resume and contact information as requested but got no response; not even a rejection. This made me feel extremely uncomfortable not knowing if this person just wants your personal information and not even a legit employer.

On top of that, Craigslist.com used to be full of spam, and I would get almost 4-5 emails a day with things like "is this still available?" when it's clearly a scam. If you reply to it, they will ask you to wire money or something. They also did not recognize my password even though it was correct and every two weeks, I had to change it because my password stopped working after two weeks. I have contacted them about this but got no reply.

Also, they should really fish out those ridiculously stupid ads that are not even serious or absolutely disgusting such as people who are hiring someone to "clean" their house but of course, asks you to send photos of yourself (in bathing suit or under garments) and state that you have to be "sexy", etc.. this is just nasty, IMO.

Lastly, the lowballers and other annoying people should be reported or scammers should also be able to be reported. They now make all email addresses anonymous for people who reply to my ad, but they should be hiding MY email address (during direct email contact) since all these people could be spamming me, not the other way around! It made absolutely no sense as I could not report these fake gmail accounts that kept spamming me. They should consider making a message box option so emailing wouldn't have to be an option. I have to make a separate email account just for Craigslist.

On a side note, it's kind of annoying to post all details and info about something in your ad, just to have people reply and ask repetitive questions like the price, condition, etc when it was already stated in the ad.

It's not a pain in the butt to post ads, they seemed to have did something about the annoying spam, and it's fairly easy and straight forward to use. However, there needs to be improvements.. and oh, be careful of people. The fact that this place is almost dead.. with obnoxious idiots on the forums, and constantly lowballers, scammers and spammers.. I am not recommending this.

wadem25
11/20/13

This site is the worst in the whole wide world. I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone. I have my own business in Amarillo, TX and its a Gift Shop (Online) its also Nation which means within the 48 state of the U.S. CL is a bunch of B.S. I have followed their TOS. When I post 3 or 4 ads in my state or a few different states I get flagged and/or get deleted. The problem now is they "Ghost" your ad which means they ghost your ad then they flag it and delete it before you able to see it. So if anyone owns a business like I do. I advise not to use Craigslist to do any Social Networking/Advertisments. I would look for something else that will let you do multiple Cities and States. Please stay away from Craigslist.

johnr129
11/16/13

Exceptional site, once you can wade through the BS and scammers on it

The good news is - They are easy to spot

johnr127
11/15/13

CRAIGLIST SUCKS.... in the personal section, there are a bunch of losers constantly flagging personals.... stop the flaggin bull$#*!

fu441
10/27/13

Pathetic !!! What Terrorist is running this website ! Probably some towel head from some other country.

Its run a lot like our US Government,....hmmm ????

irvl
9/16/13

Is anyone sick and tired of Craigslist? They no longer have any staff that actually answers questions, offers assistance if there is a problem and uses auto responders for everything now. They leave the entire website open to forums that are supposed to be there for other users to help with questions. Problem is, there are a bunch of extremely abusive idiots that hang out in forums 24/7. They run in packs, mock and abuse posters that ask questions. I have actually read on other sites about this vary thing. The CL staff actually thinks this is funny! I find it sick! I guess you get what you pay for...nothing! I'm going back to Ebay!

sarahm50
7/3/13

Great site... Had to speak on it since it helped me out a lot. I just moved out of my house and have a ton of things I don't want to bring with me. A friend of mine told me to post the items on craigslist so I did. I sold all my stuff within a week. It payed for the entire move. Love Love Love craigslist.com

stevenr38
5/28/13

don't know another service which automatically shows ads from local region...:) craiglist is simple and the best:)

danielp32
4/28/13

I just love craigslist, I have found a job here and great stuff for sale. If I need something craigslist has it.

anitae
4/20/13

I replied via email to an ad selling satin drapes stating I was very interested and were they still available. Received an email back stating yes and what area of town she lived in. Sent my home phone number asking her to call and let me know where and when because I wanted them. She sent a text to my home phone that I could not understand. (It's read to you by a machine) I replied and asked that she call me. She sent 2 more text. This went on for a while until I finally told her nothing was worth this aggravation. I also replied to another ad and item was still available; she had to talk to her mom and get back with me....never heard back. I did enjoy shopping on that site...not so much anymore.

ll336
4/4/13

You do have to be careful with who you deal with and Never pay in Western Union or wire transfer, but I have picked up several good deals here.

Both of my dogs came from CL posts, A pure bred Husky for 80 dollars and a Mini Pincher for free! Both excellent, well behaved dogs who I adore. I also managed to build up a good business using CL and no longer worry about being unable to pay my bills after two years of unemployment.

There are a lot of scammers on this site so you have to be careful about meeting strangers online, but if you're careful and trust your instincts you can get really good deals. Just be smart and careful and never met a stranger by yourself.

damonr9
1/17/13

Craigslist is a great place to sell or even find a job I use it for getting gigs, it has helped me a lot.

alexad
10/28/12

great website to find work, items your looking to buy, or other classifieds. this website I have used to sell items, give away items, or look for jobs and has worked for me in all three ways. the only issue with the site is that there are a lot of false postings and you need to be careful what you post, how much information you give, and really consider if you are making smart and safe decisions.

andrewk25
10/11/12

good site sold and bought 1000s of items even multiple vehicles on here over the years. Just be careful met up with someone at a local place and got robbed in broad day light at a mcdonalds

michelleg17
10/8/12

We attempted advertising services on Craigslist however it created nothing but spam. I don't even think we ever got any legit responses from it. We now have not advertised for probably almost 2 years and are still receiving emails that claim "your listing on craigslist". What a waste of time and energy..

juliannaw1
9/7/12

Be a smart craigslister - avoid scams and this site will help you find places to live, things to buy and people to whom to sell stuff.