US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

angelop16

I've only had the movie stop maybe once or twice on me after commercials. (in 72 reviews)

wickedt

Sure, there are a couple quick 30 second commercial breaks, but the commercials are often for other shows on Crackle. (in 43 reviews)

marilynt6

If people are going to complain because of ads, then go pay Netflix, Amazon, etc. (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

traciek2
2/1/16

I binged watch a truly good show that was a crackle show "Chosen" until the last season of episode 6 and they cut it off half way through. That's BS! I understand this is free but WTF! Its' not the commercials that I mind so much, but when I have invested my day off to watch one of their shows and I "get fuc**d in the drive thru" that I object to. I'm going back to Hulu.

dank61
1/31/16

I sat through 3/4 of Untraceable and all the commercials just to have the movie suddenly stop streaming and tell me the movie "could not be watched at this time" or something. I would have to start it over. NEVER AGAIN !

trisho5
1/31/16

Why does Roku even offer this substandard channel? I've been trying to watch Comedians in Cars and it constantly pauses to buffer, or just completely dumps me out of the channel back to the Roku menu. No such problems with Netflix or Amazon. And I hate the way it immediately launches into some stupid show 2 seconds after you click on the channel so you have to quickly find what you're trying to watch. The overall interface on this channel is ridiculous. Jerry Seinfeld, please switch to Netflix!

johna458
1/30/16

My first review was a 2 because of really poor download. It seems in the evenings download speeds are much better. Mind you my wifi DL is 6 or better. Anyway, did a marathon of Chosen (wow) 10 episodes and only a couple of 60 second stalls. HD was not great, OK, but not really HD.

contessaj
1/27/16

I used to love crackle, because I could always go back and watch reruns of what I grew up with in an urban neighborhood. Our shows were Sanford and Son, Good Times, and The Jefferson's along with a few others. Since these shows are no longer available I do not watch crackle anymore. Just about everything other than All In The Family is for 80s generation and up. What about us older ones who enjoyed our childhood shows?

daved52
1/25/16

Twice now I am stuck in a commercial loop at the end of a movie. The movie starts at the beginning.Then when I try to find wherever the hell the movie stopped it gets stuck showing commercials over and over. It will show a couple of seconds of the movie then two or three commercials.

I get it, they need to show commercials, but this loop crap is bull$#*!. Fix it Crackle, because right now, you SUCK!

patrickh73
1/4/16

My anti-malware comes down like a falling piano on this site every time a javascript tries to run. This leads me to believe this site is a steaming pile and should be avoided at all cost. I'm going to amazon or netflix.

jennyb34
1/3/16

Why is there 7 adds in a half hour show also why is dool cutting out all the time please get rid of adds

donalda29
1/3/16

Not a good chanel movies only play partial of the movies then reset to the beginning so you have to fast foward to where it cut you off to finish watching the movie

goopg
1/2/16

This viewer is impossible. Every command - move forward, move back, full-screne, pause....all cause the player to restart the clip. It's very frustrating. How to avoid?

endymionn
12/30/15

Aside from numerous, repetitive, and loud commercials, the programming is sub-par, but the real fail and sin is the Roku channel. Some geniuses at Roku decided that rather than providing you content from which to choose, the first thing you should encounter is video, chosen for you, which begins playing immediately. Worse than that is that it plays in the background while you're browsing and can't easily be stopped. Easily the worst interface created for a content channel. Thanks for choosing for me, Crackle. I really don't like to choose for myself.

Tip for consumers: Keep your volume low. Commercials will blow you away.

pamelat10
12/28/15

Able to download one night and watch a tv program but the nexy night was able to download but the program would not play Same with all the movies and other programs.

bingb9
12/28/15

Way too much buffering.
This slow buffering makes trying to watch a movie on crackle a nearly impossible endeavor.
le task
I am uninstalling crackle

molliea
12/18/15

I watch old sitcoms because they have good entertainment value and humor without the raunchy stuff. If crackle could pick up on what we watch and advertise shows that we may actually watch it would be less offensive to us viewers and more effective in accomplishing their marketing goals. One commercial for a crackle series said "I want to f#@! your face." I may be frugal, but I will not tolerate such blatant disregard for decency.

rodneyd13
12/16/15

If you don't like the commercials then go somewhere and pay.

byronv2
12/14/15

I love the Larry Sanders Show, a TV program (originally aired on HBO) about a late night TV program. The episode I just watched starts with 90 seconds of ads, the most annoying being a Red Cross ad, which is too bad because the ad starts to make the RC seem annoying. The ad is just too long. Then it repeats a number of times throughout the episode. Also, ads are not placed in a logical manner. If ads were spaced as they are on most broadcast TV shows then Crackle would be fine. But they are not. They intrude and turn a viewer against the product being advertised. Do advertisers know this? I can't watch Crackle because of this. Too bad.

jona1547
12/2/15

The content is good but the commercials are so intrusive, badly timed and relentlessly repetitive that the viewing experience is a mind numbing experience. Frequently there is 6-7 minutes of content followed by almost 4 minutes of commercials repeating the same commercial back to back and over and over and over again the same commercials.
They should follow the Plex or Playon models. This is not a viable broadcast in its current format.

patr2343
11/22/15

is microsoft paying you for the positioning of your thumb???

crackles
11/15/15

Ok. At first, I thought my Verizon FiOS 50/50 was jacking with me. But then, Task Manager showed my Network utilization was 0%, and Crackle was just showing the Crackle Wheel Of Death circle. Come One! I don't mind the ads. But at least step up on your end and deliver the content!

tonyd55
11/9/15

Download it just for it to say server error then next day it works but movies are choppy like its a early 1930's film then freezes after 5 mins. Wasted my time downloading and apparently they haven't/won't fix it. Funny part is the advertisement at the beginning was crystal clear

jasond76
11/4/15

Freezes, & auto plays crap on roku. On playstation it works well. I assume since its owned by sony this is done on purpose.

stephanec1
10/26/15

first time I ever watched a movie on Crackle.
the videos are choppy...
within half hour my IE11 stopped working and closed because of a malicious add on being detected.
I have been a Hulu user for 5 years and all these has never happened not even once.
I just hope I can finish watching the movie district 9 for it is not half that bad.
after that I am done with Crackle...

theresab9
10/26/15

Needs new shows. And it freezes up badly.

ianh57
10/25/15

It interrupts your movie with too many long tv commercials...this is horrible...!
I do not recommend it at all,

jamesb268
10/17/15

This website sucks so bad, it makes my beer taste bad! It's not the commercials though like everyone says. It's the constant freezing and crashing and it sucks because i just want to watch one of my favorite shows, Cleaners, and Crackle is one of the only places I can watch it for free.

robertf101
10/8/15

Crackle sucks so bad it defies belief.
Endless and frequent commercial breaks make it impossible to watch anything.
I was watching a 3 Stooges short and every 3 or 4 minutes it was interrupted by a commercial, the last one lasting several minutes.
At least I think it was the last one because I gave up in disgust and uninstalled this crappy app.
I would be willing to put up with a commercial or two at the beginning or end but the only purpose of this app is seemingly to show commercials ad nauseum.
There are much better apps to see your favorite shows and movies, so don't waste your time with this piece of crap.

travisd16
10/8/15

The commercials breaks are extremely irritating, there like every 5/10 mins of the movie it may be free but not at the expense of nonstop interruptions no way... im going back to watching movies on youtube. disappointed.....smh

chellih
10/4/15

I used to love Crackle. Now on my Roku, it's terrible. Started playing some weird show I didn't even choose and then wouldn't respond to pause, back or even exit altogether. Attempted to navigate the menu, but it wouldn't respond, except to play that animated show again. Channel removed.

lawrencec26
9/27/15

I see every buddy complains about the commercials its the commercial that pays for us to watch for free duhhhh but yes moveis needs to be update like new moveis

irisj3
9/17/15

crackle does suck and I'm not using roku. Using both chromecast and fire stick and they both freeze up and have to restart. Good original movie but episodes were repeating over and over and suppose to be different episodes.

sheilad7
9/17/15

I love Crackle. It's free, there will be commercials. I wish they would switch out the TV does more often though.

nota13
9/16/15

First complain to roku, because crackle is working great on its intended devices. Then sell your roku because it is a feeble attempt to get into the streaming market trend. You can buy a new xbox or ps3 for the same price, which both have no issues playing any old or new streaming channels. If they do find even the smallest glitches they are fixed within days or less. Just because something is a new trend, or in some people's cases because it seems cheaper than cable at first, does not mean its going to be amazing or frugal. I'm sure the designer of roku is laughing at anyone who was suckered into buying it while counting your money at the same time. If you're not tech savvy then ask advice from somebody who knows about current technology BEFORE wasting your money on it. If you think you're tech savvy and own a roku, then you are a walking contradiction!

johnw326
9/7/15

There is a commercial every 7 to 10 minutes during movies, is that even conceivable? HEY CRACKLE WTF!?
Make us watch 10 commercials before the film and we have to click next to prove we watched it but to interrupt a film every 10 minutes is idiotic.

lauras102
8/30/15

This will be the first and last time we watch anything on crackle. At least if you VCR something on TV you can fast forward through the commercials and there are HALF as many. Took 3 hours to watch a 90 minutes movie. I'd rather pay $7 per month with Netflix or rent the movie on Amazon for $3.

karenb139
8/29/15

I am addicted. I cannot watch one episode. I have to watch at a minimum three at a time my laughter is so loud it sounds insane. The comics are great at improvisation and we get a glimpse of them as real people. I am just over chemotherapy treatments and this is the best recovery medicine in the world - for whatever "ails" you! Oh yea, the cars are super sexy.

dj-femmiej
8/24/15

THIS IS A MOVIE site that needs to upgrade everything about it they do not have the best of great movies, the reviews of a movie are not there you are interrupted every 15 minutes with a boring commercial movie sites need to concentrate on the best films even if there is a subsciption attached we would rather pay for quality at a low monthly price then get it for free and have to sit through boring commercials, boring ads this site needs an immediate upgrade.

richards153
8/10/15

Guess I agree with another reviewer, the site does fine with no delays or breakup. It's not Netflix but very good for a free service. I'm going direct, from computer to Internet without any Roku, Chromecast or special apps. I miss a full screen, but smaller works fine on a large monitor. I have a slow Internet, about 15mb download. Since I like action movies, this will last for some time. Looked at some of the TV and they worked fine also. Crackle seems like a good site with many fun entertainment options.

peterm136
7/30/15

This service proves the old adage that you get what you pay for it is true to the fullest extent. This is by far the worst piece of crap I have ever gotten for free. They should be put out of their misery. It is garbage.

wayned19
7/29/15

Crackles navigation is horrible on the Roku 3. Before I can look over shows to watch, a movie starts playing & the navigation freezes up. It renders the channel useless to me.

anitah13
7/25/15

After the recent update of crackle on my roku 3 I am so frustrated. It worked fine before this update. I will be Uninstalling if it isn't fixed soon! Update I have uninstalled crackle. Really don't need the headache anymore. Too many other options to choose from that work just fine without the hassle.

adamc63
7/20/15

I've been using Crackle quite extensively this past week, and must say, I've had quite a good overall experience and am surprised and dismayed at all these horrible reviews. Is it a perfect 5 star service? No. There's definitely room for improvement in the interface, streaming and commercial algorithm, but it works reliably enough to be quite enjoyable and what you get in trade for simply watching a few short adverts every 7-10 mins is more than worth it. In honesty, my real rating would be a solid "3 stars", but I gave it a five to slightly offset a couple of these ridiculous, 1 star reviews from apparently self-entitled, everything-for-nothing, out of touch with reality, whiney-ass babys.

So here's the straight up 411 from my recent experience with Crackle:

- the content selection is of a smallish size, but is about what I would expect from this sort of service. Crackle can only provide a licenced selection relative to the advertising revenue they make on the service. So unless the service just explodes in popularity and they sell a great deal more advertising, the selection will remain smallish.
- that being said, however, the selection that IS provided is quite varied, with something for pretty much anyone's tastes, from a few newer, big named movies and tv shows, to a variety of others throughout recent years. I do wish there was more "sci-fi", but hey you can't always have everything, I'll just hope some comes in when things switch up.
- Crackle's original content is actually suprisingly good! There are more than a few really cool shows and movies here, starring great talent and recognizable stars, that are Crackle exclusives, and you WILL NOT SEE ANYWHERE ELSE. Great stuff!
- over an hour's time watching, I will see an average of LESS THAN 5 MIN of adverts. What I usually find is that every 7-10 mins, I watch ONE 10 sec commercial, and then it's right back to my show, big whoop! Sometimes they will show 2 or 3 ads, but the total is still less than a minute each time, even with the rare showing of all 3 ads. This is SOOOO much less than you would have to endure while watching ANYTHING, at ANY TIME, on network television. I've even watched a couple movies with just one short ad at the beginning of the movie and no further interruptions for the rest of the show! Totally acceptable, and barely even bothersome once you make your peace with it.
- the ads that are shown ARE repetative. Right now, it's apparent that Crackle only has 3 different ads running in my region, so of course, you will see the same ads over and over, but Crackle can only show what they've been paid to show by the advertisers buying time with them. This will fluctuate over time and between regions, but so what? Take a breath, have a sip of your beverage or close your eyes for a few short seconds. Before you know it, you're back to watching your show AT NO COST TO YOU!
- over about 18-20 hours of use, I have lost the stream about 4 times, and my Xbox froze twice, requiring that I either back out and restart the stream, app or system, depending on the situation, and then resume the show. Now, of course, this is not optimal, but nor is it the end of the world or a reason to write off the service. If you've ever played "Skyrim", or "Fallout: New Vegas", you'll know what I mean when I say, "Ha! That's nothing!" An annoyance, certainly, but one easily dealt with.
- streaming quality is more than acceptable. I've found it to be clear and consistent. Maybe not super extreme HD, but totally watchable and hey, slightly lower resolution will help keep your bandwidth bill down! Look at the bright side! Lol

So that's my Crackle review. Thanks Crackle for all the free entertainment. Much appreciated! Recommended to anyone who like free stuff, enjoys movies and TV shows, and doesn't have unrealistic expectations!

anthonyr52
7/19/15

I love crackle...it crashes every show, every movie, just once tho...still a great app....plz plz make more chosen episodes, I was hooked instantly, watched all three seasons in one day....I need more episodes before I pull my hair out....I'm a 32 yr old crippled man, chosen was all that kept me going last two days....but all jokes aside, plz release a new season soon

brettm27
7/19/15

With your "revised" crackle channel, i have removed it from my roku line up. It is a terrible interface. You give me information I DONT want, and dont provide me with what I need to make my decisions.

You once had a chance, that was removed with new ridiculous new interface

annh42
7/13/15

I go to the channel on my Roku and it shows an AD screen for a tv show and just closes and goes back to the main Roku screen!! Very disappointing!!! Hope it gets fixed soon or I'm going to delete the channel!!

mels115
7/12/15

managed to watch season 1 of Justified now the whole tv show is gone. WTF. How often are they going to do this ?

brandonm54
7/11/15

Every time I try to watch a show on crackle I can only watch about 30 minutes and then it quits. The message I get is the data you've requested requested is unavailable please try again later

douglas
7/5/15

Since they changed the format
the. Channel sucks

rosalinds1
7/4/15

Why is it that when you want to watch - MALL COP 2 - IT COMES ON AS "EASY RIDER"?????????????????????????????????????

ds110
6/25/15

After every commercial break it says "an error has occurred..." and boots me out. EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK...and there are plenty. I agree with others that even at free, it is way too expensive.

dans107
6/25/15

Can you go back to when Crackle actually worked because this update is really screwed. OR hire somebody that knows how to do their job. Crackle has become the worst channel on my ROKU. Maybe ask HULU how to do it since they have real IT people their.

28 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Crackle?