US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

angelop16

I've only had the movie stop maybe once or twice on me after commercials. (in 60 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

lauras102
8/30/15

This will be the first and last time we watch anything on crackle. At least if you VCR something on TV you can fast forward through the commercials and there are HALF as many. Took 3 hours to watch a 90 minutes movie. I'd rather pay $7 per month with Netflix or rent the movie on Amazon for $3.

karenb139
8/29/15

I am addicted. I cannot watch one episode. I have to watch at a minimum three at a time my laughter is so loud it sounds insane. The comics are great at improvisation and we get a glimpse of them as real people. I am just over chemotherapy treatments and this is the best recovery medicine in the world - for whatever "ails" you! Oh yea, the cars are super sexy.

dj-femmiej
8/24/15

THIS IS A MOVIE site that needs to upgrade everything about it they do not have the best of great movies, the reviews of a movie are not there you are interrupted every 15 minutes with a boring commercial movie sites need to concentrate on the best films even if there is a subsciption attached we would rather pay for quality at a low monthly price then get it for free and have to sit through boring commercials, boring ads this site needs an immediate upgrade.

richards153
8/10/15

Guess I agree with another reviewer, the site does fine with no delays or breakup. It's not Netflix but very good for a free service. I'm going direct, from computer to Internet without any Roku, Chromecast or special apps. I miss a full screen, but smaller works fine on a large monitor. I have a slow Internet, about 15mb download. Since I like action movies, this will last for some time. Looked at some of the TV and they worked fine also. Crackle seems like a good site with many fun entertainment options.

peterm136
7/30/15

This service proves the old adage that you get what you pay for it is true to the fullest extent. This is by far the worst piece of crap I have ever gotten for free. They should be put out of their misery. It is garbage.

wayned19
7/29/15

Crackles navigation is horrible on the Roku 3. Before I can look over shows to watch, a movie starts playing & the navigation freezes up. It renders the channel useless to me.

anitah13
7/25/15

After the recent update of crackle on my roku 3 I am so frustrated. It worked fine before this update. I will be Uninstalling if it isn't fixed soon!

adamc63
7/20/15

I've been using Crackle quite extensively this past week, and must say, I've had quite a good overall experience and am surprised and dismayed at all these horrible reviews. Is it a perfect 5 star service? No. There's definitely room for improvement in the interface, streaming and commercial algorithm, but it works reliably enough to be quite enjoyable and what you get in trade for simply watching a few short adverts every 7-10 mins is more than worth it. In honesty, my real rating would be a solid "3 stars", but I gave it a five to slightly offset a couple of these ridiculous, 1 star reviews from apparently self-entitled, everything-for-nothing, out of touch with reality, whiney-ass babys.

So here's the straight up 411 from my recent experience with Crackle:

- the content selection is of a smallish size, but is about what I would expect from this sort of service. Crackle can only provide a licenced selection relative to the advertising revenue they make on the service. So unless the service just explodes in popularity and they sell a great deal more advertising, the selection will remain smallish.
- that being said, however, the selection that IS provided is quite varied, with something for pretty much anyone's tastes, from a few newer, big named movies and tv shows, to a variety of others throughout recent years. I do wish there was more "sci-fi", but hey you can't always have everything, I'll just hope some comes in when things switch up.
- Crackle's original content is actually suprisingly good! There are more than a few really cool shows and movies here, starring great talent and recognizable stars, that are Crackle exclusives, and you WILL NOT SEE ANYWHERE ELSE. Great stuff!
- over an hour's time watching, I will see an average of LESS THAN 5 MIN of adverts. What I usually find is that every 7-10 mins, I watch ONE 10 sec commercial, and then it's right back to my show, big whoop! Sometimes they will show 2 or 3 ads, but the total is still less than a minute each time, even with the rare showing of all 3 ads. This is SOOOO much less than you would have to endure while watching ANYTHING, at ANY TIME, on network television. I've even watched a couple movies with just one short ad at the beginning of the movie and no further interruptions for the rest of the show! Totally acceptable, and barely even bothersome once you make your peace with it.
- the ads that are shown ARE repetative. Right now, it's apparent that Crackle only has 3 different ads running in my region, so of course, you will see the same ads over and over, but Crackle can only show what they've been paid to show by the advertisers buying time with them. This will fluctuate over time and between regions, but so what? Take a breath, have a sip of your beverage or close your eyes for a few short seconds. Before you know it, you're back to watching your show AT NO COST TO YOU!
- over about 18-20 hours of use, I have lost the stream about 4 times, and my Xbox froze twice, requiring that I either back out and restart the stream, app or system, depending on the situation, and then resume the show. Now, of course, this is not optimal, but nor is it the end of the world or a reason to write off the service. If you've ever played "Skyrim", or "Fallout: New Vegas", you'll know what I mean when I say, "Ha! That's nothing!" An annoyance, certainly, but one easily dealt with.
- streaming quality is more than acceptable. I've found it to be clear and consistent. Maybe not super extreme HD, but totally watchable and hey, slightly lower resolution will help keep your bandwidth bill down! Look at the bright side! Lol

So that's my Crackle review. Thanks Crackle for all the free entertainment. Much appreciated! Recommended to anyone who like free stuff, enjoys movies and TV shows, and doesn't have unrealistic expectations!

anthonyr52
7/19/15

I love crackle...it crashes every show, every movie, just once tho...still a great app....plz plz make more chosen episodes, I was hooked instantly, watched all three seasons in one day....I need more episodes before I pull my hair out....I'm a 32 yr old crippled man, chosen was all that kept me going last two days....but all jokes aside, plz release a new season soon

brettm27
7/19/15

With your "revised" crackle channel, i have removed it from my roku line up. It is a terrible interface. You give me information I DONT want, and dont provide me with what I need to make my decisions.

You once had a chance, that was removed with new ridiculous new interface

annh42
7/13/15

I go to the channel on my Roku and it shows an AD screen for a tv show and just closes and goes back to the main Roku screen!! Very disappointing!!! Hope it gets fixed soon or I'm going to delete the channel!!

mels115
7/12/15

managed to watch season 1 of Justified now the whole tv show is gone. WTF. How often are they going to do this ?

brandonm54
7/11/15

Every time I try to watch a show on crackle I can only watch about 30 minutes and then it quits. The message I get is the data you've requested requested is unavailable please try again later

douglas
7/5/15

Since they changed the format
the. Channel sucks

rosalinds1
7/4/15

Why is it that when you want to watch - MALL COP 2 - IT COMES ON AS "EASY RIDER"?????????????????????????????????????

ds110
6/25/15

After every commercial break it says "an error has occurred..." and boots me out. EVERY SINGLE COMMERCIAL BREAK...and there are plenty. I agree with others that even at free, it is way too expensive.

dans107
6/25/15

Can you go back to when Crackle actually worked because this update is really screwed. OR hire somebody that knows how to do their job. Crackle has become the worst channel on my ROKU. Maybe ask HULU how to do it since they have real IT people their.

kenr27
6/14/15

used crackle for quite some time now enjoyed it, recent changes in your format and navigation options is horrendous males this program completely non user friendly tried for about 2 hrs to navigate remove titles from watch layer list read from of movie prior to selecting seems like your getting us to watch what you want not what the viewers want i have deactivated and removed from my roku list hope you fix this I'll miss the selections you had

kirkl9
5/20/15

It takes 3 hours to watch a 90 minute movie because not only are there so many commercials every 5 minutes, but the same 1 or 2 commercials keep repeating over and OVER! There wouldn't be even close to as many annoying advertisements if I watched these movies on TV.

kjn2
4/23/15

If your goal as an advertiser is to make viewers despise you and your product, then by all means, spend some of your ad budget on Crackle air time. The movie I'm watching seems like it might be okay, but I can't bear to watch the same 2 internet.org ads TWO TIMES EACH during the numerous commercial breaks. I saw 5 minutes of movie between the last two sets of commercials. I turned it off at that point. I don't care how the movie ends. I also feel intense irritation at internet.org.

marilynt6
3/22/15

Crackle is FREE. If people are going to complain because of ads, then go pay Netflix, Amazon, etc. Plus, you don't have to worry about a virus. Thanks Crackle.

gdannsed
3/22/15

^^^^^. That's it.'it shows me 373738389293$382@3&383@3@&33$&38/@3$:838393 commercials but no show. The quintessential piece of $#*! app. Just stop. Go away. Shut it down. You obviously don't care and haven't tried to improve your app. So $#*! off. STOP RIDING SEINFELDS COAT TAILS. You aren't worthy. Quit your jobs.

trayw
2/22/15

I didn't have a problem with the commercials but once the movie came near the end it cuts off and no matter how many times i restart and fast forward and look at more commercials it won't continue in order to finish the movie...not worth it and that was one movie.

ejg
2/19/15

Crackle was really good a couple years ago when I first started watching. But in the last few months I have been unable to get past the first commercial before the movie or show just starts over. I just deleted it from all my devices. Do not waste your time downloading this app it will only enrage you when you get involved in the movie. And then they play the exact same commercials at every break

katherineg6
2/16/15

its okay about as good s Netflix hulu is the best and most current though

cindyf16
2/16/15

There are too many ads. If you want to watch ads, you might as well get paid for it (www.swagbucks.com/cfrane)

sethd14
2/14/15

I really dislike Crackle. I tried it on three or four different occasions over the last several years . Except for a random movie here or there, there really isn't crap on there that I would actually want to watch. That's the problem. It's actually just a lot of crap.

josepht42
2/10/15

crackle $#*!ing sucks so bad can barely watch anything at school thank god for putlocker.tn though i get all new movies on there.

Tip for consumers: never use this piece of $#*! website

fum23
2/6/15

So there is some great programing, but the the interface and commercials suck! You can't rewind or fast forward without getting stuck in a FRIGIN!!! commercial. Too frustrating, I would rather pay for good programing, then suffer through this agony ever again . You can keep it. I won't be back!

johnm420
2/2/15

This app stinks. If you enjoy constant freezing, repeat ads over and over every 5min this is for you. Might as well watch CNN Discovery or Nat Geo. Business model is the same. Terrible!

Tip for consumers: Don't

jamesw152
1/29/15

crackle freeze frames about every 3 to 5 minutes when iam watching a movie.It takes about5 minutes for it to restart. every movie.takes all night to watch a movie. its free/it still sucks .

Tip for consumers: Good luck.

fredf26
1/27/15

You can waste your time here if you want, they have very limited selection, but what they do have is "free". If you want a better selection, commercial free, look up HD on you tube.

mandownj
1/10/15

When crackle first came out it was decent. But now it's just terrible. It constantly freezes. The picture quality is not that great. There is a lack of movies to choose from. They play commercials every 5 minutes, and it's the same commercial over and over. I got the same commercial literally 3 times in a row last night(in a single break). It's really annoying.

bigj1
1/10/15

Crackle ducks constant errors and buffering don't have time for that crap.

nytanao
12/27/14

Downloaded it on my xbox360. Can only watch 15min of movie, dont waste your time.

Tip for consumers: Dont use it

chrisb149
12/23/14

Just downloaded and i am unimpressed. Pressed the play on a movie. The commercial played fine but not the movie. After reading the negative comments I am removing it now.

Tip for consumers: Don't

rosarioc4
11/25/14

Same problem as numerous other reviews not only here but at multiple websites!!!!!!

The movie will never resume after first series of commercials that occur about 15 minutes into ever movie. Crackle will always hang after the commercials then go to the play/resume/watch more videos screen. If you select "resume," the same commercial will play again taking you right back to the play/resume/watch more videos screen. Never can you get past 15 minutes of the movie on Crackle.

I have read hundreds of complaints on many other websites about the same issue occurring to numerous other people. Other people have stated it occurs with their Roku's, Play Station, Sony Smart TV, etc.. Personally I a have been trying with two different Samsung Smart TV's a 32" and 48" H-5500 series, and NEVER have been able to watch a full movie because Crackle always hangs after the first series of commercials which occurs about 15 minutes into movies.

Considering I have read numerous reviews online at multiple websites that go all the way back to 2011 by many people having the same exact problem with diverse types of devices it appears Crackle could care less if they have customers or go bankrupt.

Tip for consumers: Appears Crackle could care less about having customers

joshd30
11/15/14

Just another commercial entity trying to trick everyone into buying their $#*!. Bad idea. Wrong platform. Change or die, $#*!.

Tip for consumers: The internet is endless. Find someone else.

jennyb18
10/28/14

I came across Crackle from my daughter who stated that Seinfeld had a show called Comedians in Cars Getting Coffee. I started watching and I can t get enough of it, Its the greatest idea ever, I laugh every night and his quest are awesome. Thank you Crackle for having this show on.

dk32
9/30/14

Crackle is by far the worst free movie service I have ever used on the PS3. Overlooking the constant repeating and annoying advertisements all together due to necessity for a free service.

The frequent random drops in quality are so sever that you can barely make out the faces, and the lack of setting means restarting the movie is the only way to get back to standard quality.

On top of that it tends to sign you out CONSTANTLY, in both the menus and during a movie (Causing it to exit to the menu) Forget this free app, they couldn't pay me to continue using it.

Tip for consumers: NEVER use this app!

carlosz4
9/28/14

worst movie site ever.the commercials stream better than the movies lmao.spend 7.99 get netflix!!!

Tip for consumers: waist of time trust me!!!!

non65
9/19/14

Some cool shows and it could be a really good app but the commercials make it impossible. Trying to watch a movie but when the commercial time came up it frozen on that area and would not move forward, just kept repeating. Either fix the app or you are gonna loss everyone and then there won't be need for commercials. Happens again I will kill the app and encourage everyone I know to as well.

fucky10
7/7/14

This is without a doubt the worst app I've ever used, it has a big "x" in the corner THAT DOESNT EVEN WORK, I set up my account and within 5 minutes of me making the account it said my email doesn't $#*!ing exsist which is 100% BS I truley hate this app I looked at one of there tv shows and it literally only had 10 episodes all from different seasons, this is without a doubt the saddest piece of $#*! excuse movie and tv show app I've ever used
$#*! CRACKLE

Ask $#*! about Crackle
janc31
6/12/14

OMG Unbelievable, so many identical, long, horrible commercials. Movie was ok but I went from Episode 1 to the last one because I couldn't stand so many interrupting commercials. No more Crackle for me.

jamess177
5/11/14

I have Crackle on my Samsung blueray player.
When I first tried it, the app worked okay. Not
Great, but OK. And commercials(of course!).
It's worked to varying degrees, but for the past
Several weeks The logo comes up, the screen goes
Blank and that's IT! NOTHING HAPPENS for a LONG
TIME. It seems not to matter how long I wait. And
I can't just back out of the app, I have to brute force it.

jma3
4/26/14

ads suck, movies suck, servers suck.

joef35
4/12/14

The worst in ads of all the movie apps. I already deleted it from my xbox and iphone. The same ads run for like 4 times and 3 different ads in a row. Worst of the worst. Stay away from Crackle. You are wasting your life from this movie app. Better pay fr Netflix or amazon prime

ph1169
2/25/14

Same loading stoppage issues with PS Vita version that came out today. They will never fix it.

pushbuttonp
2/23/14

Doesnt work on my Smart TV. Jams after adverts

stevenr54
2/18/14

It is the worst. The same ads run continuously. Sometimes the same ad 3 times in a row. They obviously have sold very little advertising. The content wasn't bad but who could stand the constant ads. I would gladly pay a few dollars a month for the service but won't watch it as seeing the same ad over and over and over again is just too frustrating. Would not recommend.

13 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Using a PS3 for Crackle. Trying to figure out what is going on as I go into my viewed history to see a movie I started to watch and didn't get through it all. My viewing history number changes constantly in my profile? I am just trying to get back to my history to figure out what movie it was I started watching?? Im stuck....anybody been here and figured this part out? Seems inconsistent!
5/8/13
Answer
garys22
A: Everytime I want to watch a movie the movie will not play. What am I doing wrong? Thanks, Gary
12/27/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: So the movies are cool and the commercials are not bad but I'm watching movies and after the third commercial break the movies restart from a previous point and when I try to get back to where it was it buffers forever, if I could fix this it would be a very great movie app, any suggestions?
5/7/15
Answer
fredf26
A: You turn it off, and you don't turn it on again. Don't listen to any of the positive reviews for this crap wagon of advertising nonsense. This site is the worst! It is not about providing content you can watch, it is about providing an advertisement so they can get paid. Hopefully you will sit through enough of them before you figure it out.
8/4/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Crackle staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Crackle?