I've only had the movie stop maybe once or twice on me after commercials. (in 67 reviews)
▼ Sort by: recent
Ok. At first, I thought my Verizon FiOS 50/50 was jacking with me. But then, Task Manager showed my Network utilization was 0%, and Crackle was just showing the Crackle Wheel Of Death circle. Come One! I don't mind the ads. But at least step up on your end and deliver the content!
Download it just for it to say server error then next day it works but movies are choppy like its a early 1930's film then freezes after 5 mins. Wasted my time downloading and apparently they haven't/won't fix it. Funny part is the advertisement at the beginning was crystal clear
Freezes, & auto plays crap on roku. On playstation it works well. I assume since its owned by sony this is done on purpose.
first time I ever watched a movie on Crackle.
the videos are choppy...
within half hour my IE11 stopped working and closed because of a malicious add on being detected.
I have been a Hulu user for 5 years and all these has never happened not even once.
I just hope I can finish watching the movie district 9 for it is not half that bad.
after that I am done with Crackle...
This website sucks so bad, it makes my beer taste bad! It's not the commercials though like everyone says. It's the constant freezing and crashing and it sucks because i just want to watch one of my favorite shows, Cleaners, and Crackle is one of the only places I can watch it for free.
Crackle sucks so bad it defies belief.
Endless and frequent commercial breaks make it impossible to watch anything.
I was watching a 3 Stooges short and every 3 or 4 minutes it was interrupted by a commercial, the last one lasting several minutes.
At least I think it was the last one because I gave up in disgust and uninstalled this crappy app.
I would be willing to put up with a commercial or two at the beginning or end but the only purpose of this app is seemingly to show commercials ad nauseum.
There are much better apps to see your favorite shows and movies, so don't waste your time with this piece of crap.
I used to love Crackle. Now on my Roku, it's terrible. Started playing some weird show I didn't even choose and then wouldn't respond to pause, back or even exit altogether. Attempted to navigate the menu, but it wouldn't respond, except to play that animated show again. Channel removed.
First complain to roku, because crackle is working great on its intended devices. Then sell your roku because it is a feeble attempt to get into the streaming market trend. You can buy a new xbox or ps3 for the same price, which both have no issues playing any old or new streaming channels. If they do find even the smallest glitches they are fixed within days or less. Just because something is a new trend, or in some people's cases because it seems cheaper than cable at first, does not mean its going to be amazing or frugal. I'm sure the designer of roku is laughing at anyone who was suckered into buying it while counting your money at the same time. If you're not tech savvy then ask advice from somebody who knows about current technology BEFORE wasting your money on it. If you think you're tech savvy and own a roku, then you are a walking contradiction!
There is a commercial every 7 to 10 minutes during movies, is that even conceivable? HEY CRACKLE WTF!?
Make us watch 10 commercials before the film and we have to click next to prove we watched it but to interrupt a film every 10 minutes is idiotic.
This will be the first and last time we watch anything on crackle. At least if you VCR something on TV you can fast forward through the commercials and there are HALF as many. Took 3 hours to watch a 90 minutes movie. I'd rather pay $7 per month with Netflix or rent the movie on Amazon for $3.
I am addicted. I cannot watch one episode. I have to watch at a minimum three at a time my laughter is so loud it sounds insane. The comics are great at improvisation and we get a glimpse of them as real people. I am just over chemotherapy treatments and this is the best recovery medicine in the world - for whatever "ails" you! Oh yea, the cars are super sexy.
THIS IS A MOVIE site that needs to upgrade everything about it they do not have the best of great movies, the reviews of a movie are not there you are interrupted every 15 minutes with a boring commercial movie sites need to concentrate on the best films even if there is a subsciption attached we would rather pay for quality at a low monthly price then get it for free and have to sit through boring commercials, boring ads this site needs an immediate upgrade.
Guess I agree with another reviewer, the site does fine with no delays or breakup. It's not Netflix but very good for a free service. I'm going direct, from computer to Internet without any Roku, Chromecast or special apps. I miss a full screen, but smaller works fine on a large monitor. I have a slow Internet, about 15mb download. Since I like action movies, this will last for some time. Looked at some of the TV and they worked fine also. Crackle seems like a good site with many fun entertainment options.
After the recent update of crackle on my roku 3 I am so frustrated. It worked fine before this update. I will be Uninstalling if it isn't fixed soon! Update I have uninstalled crackle. Really don't need the headache anymore. Too many other options to choose from that work just fine without the hassle.
I've been using Crackle quite extensively this past week, and must say, I've had quite a good overall experience and am surprised and dismayed at all these horrible reviews. Is it a perfect 5 star service? No. There's definitely room for improvement in the interface, streaming and commercial algorithm, but it works reliably enough to be quite enjoyable and what you get in trade for simply watching a few short adverts every 7-10 mins is more than worth it. In honesty, my real rating would be a solid "3 stars", but I gave it a five to slightly offset a couple of these ridiculous, 1 star reviews from apparently self-entitled, everything-for-nothing, out of touch with reality, whiney-ass babys.
So here's the straight up 411 from my recent experience with Crackle:
- the content selection is of a smallish size, but is about what I would expect from this sort of service. Crackle can only provide a licenced selection relative to the advertising revenue they make on the service. So unless the service just explodes in popularity and they sell a great deal more advertising, the selection will remain smallish.
- that being said, however, the selection that IS provided is quite varied, with something for pretty much anyone's tastes, from a few newer, big named movies and tv shows, to a variety of others throughout recent years. I do wish there was more "sci-fi", but hey you can't always have everything, I'll just hope some comes in when things switch up.
- Crackle's original content is actually suprisingly good! There are more than a few really cool shows and movies here, starring great talent and recognizable stars, that are Crackle exclusives, and you WILL NOT SEE ANYWHERE ELSE. Great stuff!
- over an hour's time watching, I will see an average of LESS THAN 5 MIN of adverts. What I usually find is that every 7-10 mins, I watch ONE 10 sec commercial, and then it's right back to my show, big whoop! Sometimes they will show 2 or 3 ads, but the total is still less than a minute each time, even with the rare showing of all 3 ads. This is SOOOO much less than you would have to endure while watching ANYTHING, at ANY TIME, on network television. I've even watched a couple movies with just one short ad at the beginning of the movie and no further interruptions for the rest of the show! Totally acceptable, and barely even bothersome once you make your peace with it.
- the ads that are shown ARE repetative. Right now, it's apparent that Crackle only has 3 different ads running in my region, so of course, you will see the same ads over and over, but Crackle can only show what they've been paid to show by the advertisers buying time with them. This will fluctuate over time and between regions, but so what? Take a breath, have a sip of your beverage or close your eyes for a few short seconds. Before you know it, you're back to watching your show AT NO COST TO YOU!
- over about 18-20 hours of use, I have lost the stream about 4 times, and my Xbox froze twice, requiring that I either back out and restart the stream, app or system, depending on the situation, and then resume the show. Now, of course, this is not optimal, but nor is it the end of the world or a reason to write off the service. If you've ever played "Skyrim", or "Fallout: New Vegas", you'll know what I mean when I say, "Ha! That's nothing!" An annoyance, certainly, but one easily dealt with.
- streaming quality is more than acceptable. I've found it to be clear and consistent. Maybe not super extreme HD, but totally watchable and hey, slightly lower resolution will help keep your bandwidth bill down! Look at the bright side! Lol
So that's my Crackle review. Thanks Crackle for all the free entertainment. Much appreciated! Recommended to anyone who like free stuff, enjoys movies and TV shows, and doesn't have unrealistic expectations!
I love crackle...it crashes every show, every movie, just once tho...still a great app....plz plz make more chosen episodes, I was hooked instantly, watched all three seasons in one day....I need more episodes before I pull my hair out....I'm a 32 yr old crippled man, chosen was all that kept me going last two days....but all jokes aside, plz release a new season soon
With your "revised" crackle channel, i have removed it from my roku line up. It is a terrible interface. You give me information I DONT want, and dont provide me with what I need to make my decisions.
You once had a chance, that was removed with new ridiculous new interface
Why is it that when you want to watch - MALL COP 2 - IT COMES ON AS "EASY RIDER"?????????????????????????????????????
Can you go back to when Crackle actually worked because this update is really screwed. OR hire somebody that knows how to do their job. Crackle has become the worst channel on my ROKU. Maybe ask HULU how to do it since they have real IT people their.
used crackle for quite some time now enjoyed it, recent changes in your format and navigation options is horrendous males this program completely non user friendly tried for about 2 hrs to navigate remove titles from watch layer list read from of movie prior to selecting seems like your getting us to watch what you want not what the viewers want i have deactivated and removed from my roku list hope you fix this I'll miss the selections you had
It takes 3 hours to watch a 90 minute movie because not only are there so many commercials every 5 minutes, but the same 1 or 2 commercials keep repeating over and OVER! There wouldn't be even close to as many annoying advertisements if I watched these movies on TV.
If your goal as an advertiser is to make viewers despise you and your product, then by all means, spend some of your ad budget on Crackle air time. The movie I'm watching seems like it might be okay, but I can't bear to watch the same 2 internet.org ads TWO TIMES EACH during the numerous commercial breaks. I saw 5 minutes of movie between the last two sets of commercials. I turned it off at that point. I don't care how the movie ends. I also feel intense irritation at internet.org.
^^^^^. That's it.'it shows me 373738389293$382@3&383@3@&33$&38/@3$:838393 commercials but no show. The quintessential piece of $#*! app. Just stop. Go away. Shut it down. You obviously don't care and haven't tried to improve your app. So $#*! off. STOP RIDING SEINFELDS COAT TAILS. You aren't worthy. Quit your jobs.
I didn't have a problem with the commercials but once the movie came near the end it cuts off and no matter how many times i restart and fast forward and look at more commercials it won't continue in order to finish the movie...not worth it and that was one movie.
Crackle was really good a couple years ago when I first started watching. But in the last few months I have been unable to get past the first commercial before the movie or show just starts over. I just deleted it from all my devices. Do not waste your time downloading this app it will only enrage you when you get involved in the movie. And then they play the exact same commercials at every break
its okay about as good s Netflix hulu is the best and most current though
I really dislike Crackle. I tried it on three or four different occasions over the last several years . Except for a random movie here or there, there really isn't crap on there that I would actually want to watch. That's the problem. It's actually just a lot of crap.
crackle $#*!ing sucks so bad can barely watch anything at school thank god for putlocker.tn though i get all new movies on there.
Tip for consumers: never use this piece of $#*! websiteAsk joseph about Crackle
So there is some great programing, but the the interface and commercials suck! You can't rewind or fast forward without getting stuck in a FRIGIN!!! commercial. Too frustrating, I would rather pay for good programing, then suffer through this agony ever again . You can keep it. I won't be back!
crackle freeze frames about every 3 to 5 minutes when iam watching a movie.It takes about5 minutes for it to restart. every movie.takes all night to watch a movie. its free/it still sucks .
Tip for consumers: Good luck.Ask James about Crackle
You can waste your time here if you want, they have very limited selection, but what they do have is "free". If you want a better selection, commercial free, look up HD on you tube.
When crackle first came out it was decent. But now it's just terrible. It constantly freezes. The picture quality is not that great. There is a lack of movies to choose from. They play commercials every 5 minutes, and it's the same commercial over and over. I got the same commercial literally 3 times in a row last night(in a single break). It's really annoying.
18 Questions & Answers
Best Music, Media & Entertainment Sites – Consumers’ Choice
Business owners: What’s your side of the story?
Manage your business