12 Reviews for Cougarlife.com
▼ Sort by: recent
This site is a complete scam. DO NOT WASTE YOUR MONEY. its fake and has been set up to con. You get people messaging you saying they want to video chat and try and get you to sign up to porn sites. it really is awful and i'm annoyed with myself for getting duped by this rubbish...
I made a profile on cougarlife and i got soooo many flirt and messages, but as a free member i could not read the messages, i wanted to subscribe but i had to be sure if this website is fake or not. One day i got some messages from women i showed my interest and i saw that the messages are about 4 or five line for each, so i decided to subscribe to read the messages by curiosity, the surprise was, when i opened the messages there were almost nothing only tow words and a day after my subscription i've got no more flirt, no one has visited my profile, has send messages or even read or respond on my messages. I wrote 3 times to the administrator to ask him about that and why, but no answer. The stole my money and my profile is like doesn't exist anymore after i subscribed.
Yes there is fake profiles, don't be fooled by it a little bit of common sense goes a long way sometimes. And yes there is real women though on there. I met some women in person and had some fun so it can work. But due to their auto subscription that's what irritates me about the site and lack of customer service willing to work with you. Bottom line: it can work, but just not a good company to do business with!
it's a scam fake emails fake people only thing real is the troll web cam chicks that never stop spamming u save ur money and buy a couple porno movies ull get more action outta that to be honest
No review, really.....I just saw it advertised on TV so went on-line out of curiosity (I guess you'd call me "one of them cougars"). Didn't like the reviews I've seen so far. It's pathetic.....it's hard enough to meet someone the "old school" way, then folks rely on the information highway to help them along, and you run into sites like this one. If you want an absolutely FREE *the "no frills" version, of course - you can pay for the "premium" one, but why would you?) check out PlentyOfFish.com. It's not specifically for cougars, but it's a good site you can trust. Happy hunting!!!
Be careful fake profiles from the admins!!! Right after registration there are women that want to talk to you and are sooo interested in even though i havent ploaded a pic yet or wrote any info about me. Since i thought that was strange i googled and quickly heard that these women never reply once u have a paid account. So i guess most of the (at least pretty onces) profiles are fake profiles by the admins. hope that helps.
I got several e-mails in my GMail for this site. It's a scam. I've never even heard of this site (plus I'm married). Just like every other Nigerian or eastern European scam, they send mass e-mails and set up fake accounts for each of the SPAM e-mails.
Auto-renewal is a joke. And your ability to cancel is almost non existent. Their site is also full of trolls and scams ready to take your money for a "private" cam session.
I was on this site for over a year and no legit contacts made. I'm handsome 6'3" green eyed guy. And NO action over a year. SCAM!!
AVOID THIS SITE SAVE YOUR MONEY FOR MATCH.com
First of all, let me just say that I have no problem meeting women either online or in person. I have been on Match.com and met a ton of people and never had a complaint about it. I rarely complain about stuff, but I really felt like I have to make sure no one gets scammed if he or she is trying to make up his/her mind. This site a COMPLETE RIP OFF. So I created a profile and I started getting a lot of messages. After about 10 of them of so, I decided to purchased a membership for $40 (which by the way is more expensive than 90% of the websites out there). After opening up the messages, ALL the people who sent me messages had no narratives on their profiles. So obviously, they are not real folks. They might have real cougars on there, but I just did not encounter any.
I called customer service and this is where it gets better: they have a no refund policy and they even tell you that "It takes 2-3 months before you even meet one person." Now to me that sounds like you can HOPE to meet someone $120 later after investing 3 months of e-mailing fictitious ladies. The worst is customer service is so poor; you litteraly have to wait one hour before you can talk to someone. They told me to be patient as they were having difficulties with scammers on the site and the issue would be resolved soon. Well after minimal research, it turns out that today is 8/13/10 and they've been saying the same thing to other customers since last year. Those are facts, not opinions.
Do yourself a great favor, NEVER EVER sign up on this website. I would recommend it under no circumstances.
This website is not genuine and here is why:
1- half of the profiles, if not more, are fake. Most likely created by the website administrators themselves. They want to trick you into believing that many cougars are interested in you and you have to upgrade to respond. They didn't put that much effort in creating fake profiles either. Just one hazy picture with no profile description.
2. Both me and my friend signed up and we were getting the same emails with the same title from the same people at the same time! coincidence??
3. Membership rates are very high for such a small website, and guess what? No three-day trial either/ Probably because you will find out that it is all fake real quick.
The site charges the same price as premier dating site like Match.com and Jdate, but the quality is crap, and here's why:
1) Spam: There are probably more profiles that are porn spam than real people. There is a report button, and customer service told me they are actively monitoring, however, people I've reported over a week ago are still on.
2) Selection: There isn't a large selection to choose from. Most of the profiles of the women have only a picture and not a single sentence written by them. I suspect they are spam, but who knows.
3) No chat: Websites that charge $40/month have chat. This website does not. Chat worked well from me on other dating websites - In fact it works better than sending inbox messages.
4) False "Online" indicator: Every profile says the member is online. How can ALL members all be online ALL the time? This is probably done to give users the illusion that other users are active when in fact the website is doing very poorly. Customer service told me it's a glitch that they're trying to fix, but how long does it take to fix a small problem?
Many small business starting out on the web use fake profiles to get the website going. When I first joined I got a few messages from other "users" who were saying hello and asking me to tell them about myself saying if they like it they will respond. In other words, don't expect a response. It had all the markings of such in-house created profiles "welcoming" me to the site....
And now to the most outrageous one..
5) While on the phone with customer service discussing all the above, the rep said, "I'm looking through your inbox and it seems like you've been getting messages from real members". I was not asked for my permission to go through my e-mails. Clearly they don't respect their users' privacy.
Bottom line: Not worth the money. Not worth the time.