US Government's NSF

Beaverton, OR 97005

14 Reviews for Coinbase.com

▼ Sort by: recent

7/11/14

Absolutely no issues whatsoever. Make sure you're aware of your finances prior to joining. lol. Cheers!

5/27/14

They just stole my money too.
How do we stop them?

5/12/14

Unfortunately I have found Coinbase to be one big bad joke. It took me 3 weeks and endless emails to verify myself to the teeth, providing all my personal and financial information, just to have transactions cancelled and told I'm high risk. I'm extremely annoyed! And of course no advise or help on how to get this fixed. Not happy here! >:(

2/6/14

Quality services, very well documented and detailed API and a very nice interface.

2/4/14

They will urge you to setup and verify your account in order to avoid the lengthy five day wait for your transactions to complete, but even when it is verified you then have to wait another 24 days. All this time you are restricted as to how much you can buy on a given day. See message from Customer Support below. Bottom line, if you want to buy Bitcoin in a hurry, do not waste your time here.

" Tom, I see you have completed all the verification steps necessary for instant buy. Your current limit for instant buy is $100. This limit will increase in 24 days when your first successful purchase reaches its 30 day mark. Your limit will then increase to $1000 instant buy. Unfortunately, there is no way that we can expedite this process so I apologize for any inconvenience this may cause you. "

1/22/14

A decent bitcoin wallet service. It's a little preliminary to evaluate anything bitcoin-related, but as a tool it's ok.

12/25/13

Coinbase must be totally overwhelmed. Queries to the "support" service don't even get assigned to an agent after weeks.

The problem that I am having, is that when using their service to email some bitcoin to someone, if the recipient does not wish to receive them or does not see the incoming email, then Coinbase is not returning the bitcoin to the originating account.

I had seen originally, in their support forums, that they would automatically return the bitcoin to originating account after 30 days, but it looks like they don't have the staff to manage their customers problems, and they don't have the staff to automate their operations properly.

I recommend that anyone who is considering Coinbase to wait until they have fixed their problems and search the net until current customers have their concerns answered. It is very dangerous, in the times of Bitcoin volatility, to use Coinbase until they are able to train an expanded staff.

12/20/13

Coinbase accidentally deposited too much money into my account. They then transfered Bitcoins out of my account without notifying me (I suspect to cover their mistake). They transfered the coins out when Bitcoin was low and now they are taking money from my bank account systematically. All of this is happening without so much as a word from them. I've e-mailed them several times.

12/18/13

Coinbase is a fraud and I warn everyone not to trust them.

A couple of my friends started using Coinbase so I thought I would also give it a try. I purchased 3 bitcoins on a Saturday night. The website said that it would take 4 business days for me to receive my bitcoins so the bitcoins would be in my account by Friday. During that week the money was pulled out of my bank account for the bitcoins (a little over $2K). Friday came around and the transaction in my Bitcoin account said it was "complete" but there was not any bitcoins in my account.

I waited until Saturday to see if the bitcoins would appear in my account. Saturday morning at 8am there was still not any bitcoins in my account so I sent them a ticket to their support team about the issue. On Sunday I tweeted to them and my friend tweeted to them to see what was going on. On Monday I sent another ticket to their support team. Tuesday after noon rolls around and I still have not had any response to any of my tickets or tweets. During this time they have been tweeting so I know they are checking their account but ignoring my tweet.

So Tuesday night I wrote to them telling them that I was going to contact my bank that night to file a claim against them. They responded to that ticket within 9 minutes saying that they know that I paid for 3 bitcoins but there is a bug in their system and that is why I do not have my bitcoins.

It was obvious that they were checking the support emails but only responding when they are faced with a fraud claim to a bank.

Now they won't respond again and I still don't have any bitcoins. They have stolen over $2K from me and won't respond to me.

In response to Juan F. above, I completely agree with you. During this entire process Coinbase did not start responding to my support tickets until the price of BTC dropped below the price that I purchased the bitcoins for. When they weren't responding the bitcoins had gone up in price from what I purchased them for.

Do not trust this company!

12/13/13

I signed up in mid November and had my first transaction go through without a problem...

...but for over three weeks now I cannot get a transaction executed. At first it was a "High Risk" orders issue. - Oddly enough, they took the money from my checking account after cancelling my "High Risk" orders (they must have been a little short over there and needed me to float them a loan). I contacted them but never received a response. About a week later they redeposited the money into my checking account.

So after all that cleared up, I decided to try again... After waiting for 4 days for the order to execute, and then...IT WAS CANCELLED WITHOUT EXPLANATION! -WTF?

So, I have contacted them, again, to try to find out what the problem is but I don't expect to hear back. I now have the joy of waiting to see if they take the money out of my checking account, again!

All in all, it has been nearly a month since I created my account and I have had one small order execute and seven cancelled.

12/7/13

Much better than MTgox.com!

11/14/13

Coin base is a complete fraud

Well, it's not too hard to see how it works. I validate my bank account. I initiate transaction on my end, they buy bitcoins on their end and wait few days for my money to reach them. They tell you it has to take a week or longer and gives u specific date. Since bitcoin is so volatile, big changes can happen in a week.

IF bitcoin goes up, they cancel my transaction and say it is "high risk" and initiate a return of my money. IF bitcoin goes down they allow transaction to stay and they keep my money and give me the bitcoins.

It is common sense. Obviously they're not going to steal from every transaction, and they can pick and choose how much they make.

This blog post here is vague and a lie. He cites that it is because ppl try to scam them with fake bank account #s and such. That is such a lie, because you can never scam someone with fake bank account # if the purchase isn't instant. because transaction won't go thru, DUH. Same with fake credit card #s, it WONT GO THRU.

With the whole high risk transaction mechanism, coinbase can literally control exactly how much they can make off of the volatile market. I was one of the people that got hurt REALLY bad. some people might even benefit from a canceled order. but the point is, coinbase CONTROLS everything.

I want coinbase to SHOW PROOF that they have been ripped off because people used fake bank account #s. THEY CAN'T. Because you can't get ripped off from a fake account #. You cannot get ripped off if the purchase is not instant.

With the high risk transaction mechanism, Coinbase is GUARANTEED to make money. In a market that is growing, all they have to do is have the system set to flag xx% of transactions, and they are GUARANTEED to make money off this. A LOT of money based on how many transactions they process.

COINBASE, if you are reading this. Please respond and defend your case (i know, your answer would probably be "we can't disclose, blah blah blah.)

DeleteShare

Apprentice Reviewer
9/10/13

Coinbase provides a good quality service... I would recommend it.

5/28/13

Coinbase seems like a more trustworthy and stable alternative to MtGox if you are a business that wants to accept bitcoins or if you are an individual who wishes to purchase bitcoins. The downside of Coinbase appears to be that if you wish to remain anonymous I don't think Coinbase is going to do much to help.

The Best Bitcoin Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber