US Government's NSF

22 Reviews for Change.org

▼ Sort by: recent

alessandros17
3/21/14

Financed by the same transnational elites that sponsor the civil unrest at Ukraine and Syria. Not a NGO at all, but merely a front for the furthering of the agendas of the western powers and it's backers.

ericg26
3/3/14

I am a bleeding-heart liberal (except I don't support legalization of cannabis), but this website is atrocious.

I am 6' 8" and created a petition one day for more leg room on coach flights. Without my permission, they gave my name to dozens and dozens of third parties.

The last thing they want to be is optimistic. I suffer from depression but they still make everything sound scary. I've been much happier now that I no longer receives these parties' emails. My experience led me to conclude that if the Civil Rights Movement had taken place today, Billie Holiday's "Strange Fruit" would have been its anthem instead of "We Shall Overcome."

Not only that but I, like other reviewers here, had no luck with my petitions. They are very much pick & choose about whose (and what) petitions they decide to support.

davidm173
2/26/14

THEY HAVE AN AGENDA AND ITS NOT POSITIVE!! This site is not Valid. It allows its results to be TAMPERED WITH AND MANIPULATED! They are a farse and should be held accountable for tampering with results! DO NOT SUPPORT THIS WEBSITE.

skyec2
2/24/14

Have been hacked twice recently, both times immediately after signing change.org petitions via Facebook even though I have virus protection. Co-incidence? I don't think so. Did you notice that an ad SUPPORTING Keystone XL as one of petitions they offer? Social change needed? Yes. Petitions a great way to make your voice heard? Yes! BUT NOT VIA CHANGE.ORG!!! Unfortunately they've sold out to the big corps. I'll sign petitions elsewhere and vote with my pocketbook, but not via 'Change'. )'(

reginac5
1/28/14

I have used the service for petitions and find the staff and support very helpful. I have also made some great connections with people who share similar views about important social issues.

bens61
11/26/13

Sorry there is no box for zero star - so selected the lowest
The intention is good, but exercution id pt-poor
It is nearly impossible to post a pertition.
It is nearly, no - impossible to get tech-assistant.
It is disigned to discurage people from submitting a pertion.
One can say that this site may be funded by the the fed to discourage people from speaking up / out.

lisab73
11/11/13

Great petitions. Real change.

paulc77
11/5/13

Good site with some flaws. One of the problems with this site is that the admins aren't willing to help without national media attention. Also it's very hard to share your petitions on Facebook. And it's very hard to get signatures. If you have something critical you want changed, create a petition here. That's about it.

bills79
9/17/13

Idiots complaining about Starbucks mostly. Occasional intelligent person makes a petition but any moron can also make a petition to make a Starbucks drink vegan. Yeah that's what its all about Gen Y/Z. ZERO social reform value

nickg23
8/31/13

whilst I have signed several petitions that are worthwhile causes I refused to sign one recently as I felt there was a hidden agenda and other implications which were not shared openly with us.I felt that the owner of the petition had their own personal agenda which they were not making clear to us deliberately. I would advise not To just blindly sign anything that appears a moral black-and-white but to be careful what you wish for as the saying goes. If the information is not explain clearly either on change.org or on a parent website then do not sign. this will lead to more transparency and help us make up our own minds. As I say I have signed many petitions which are worthwhile but beware of hidden agendas. As regards change.org themselves there is a web page that appears after you sign Asking if I you would like to spend a considerable sum to petition other persons who may or may not sign it. This is crass and exploitive marketeering and a charitable platform should not be used to make a profit. .reject it immediately. We are trying to help people not line their pockets. Good but be careful

chrisc94
7/16/13

over use. they send a petition for everything! I think people just sign anything and dont even check what it is.... they signatures should not be considered legit! this site will petition for anything.

nasreena
7/8/13

They use your causes as business. The same they support the rights of animals they give place to conservative groups to promote apartheid. And when you ask them why they are so "tolerant" they say they don't have an agenda. Yes... they have, those who don't have agenda don't have principles and.. what they do with your information? One must be stupid for not believe they sell it

juliam8
6/22/13

I just realized how dangerous, not just buggy, this site is, seeing today a case of a lynch mob victory. You can easily fire somebody from a job and destroy their life based on pure allegations you put on change.org, anonymously, just because media are going to spread it. What kind of "social change" is that? I wish there were negative stars here.

I also always google the case before signing any petitions. A number of times important facts in petitions on change.org are distorted or omitted. Anybody can post anything, manipulate people to sign, and manipulate media to spread rumors, no facts are verified. Those whose petitions are valid and scream for help don't benefit from it at all. The site should be renamed into "libel.org" or "lynchyourenemy.org".

jennyc15
4/4/13

Basically, anyone say whatever they like about whoever they like. They do not verify any of the information that people petition for! A site that allows themselves to be used this way, well, whats the difference in change.org & facebook????

aznau
3/11/13

change.org a "for profit organization" does violate invididual privacy. It became a cheap board publishing anonymous petitions, individuals vs individuals and does block you the get the chance to verify the petitioner or remove the petition if there is no proof of accusations. instead using the site for social change, anyone can blame you, publish and defame you, being anonymous. They will do nothing about because they are dedicated to get BILLIONS in sponsorship. GET CHANGE ORG REGULATED against privacy violation and monopoly.

christiner9
12/24/12

Never, ever, ever sign a change.org petition. The next thing you know, you're getting stacks of their spam, and there's no way to unsubscribe. The "unsubscribe" link only goes to a sign-up page, and there's no way to contact the organization. The "contact" link is also a dummy. All you get is a list of FAQ's that take you in a circle. In short, it's a swindle.

sind4
12/7/12

change.org allows registering minors under 12 to post anything about anyone violating the rights of others. This kind of sites should prohibit access to minors whose doesn’t know about law

kimb151
11/14/12

Have something that you believe so strongly in and want to change or start a petition about and need signatures. This site is absolutley wonderful if you have a heartfelt mission and want to share it with others and make a difference in your life or the life of others. Here you can start a petition about something you believe in and want to share with the world and get signatures in order to help to make a difference or sign others petitions from all over the world to help to create change and make a difference . Its a great place for people to help oneanother who have the same ideas and beliefs. It really feels like someplace where people come together help eachother and stand together as one.

mittt
8/27/12

I just found out this is a private "for profit" site. It appears that many of their so-called victims are professionals.
What brought this to my attention was a supposed victim of the actions of Wells Fargo here in Oakland. A quick online search showed the "victim" was a "professional" borrower and not a victim. That made me delve more deeply into this web site. Not sure where the site got my email.

omegar
Apprentice Reviewer
11/22/11

Excellent place to bring change to certain issues and certain situation that require the voice of more than one person.

Lives have been changed because of this site and will continue to change because of it.

I always support petitions there for change.

kimk8
7/20/11

Although Change.org purports to advocate positive change it should make an effort to at least get the facts straight when it posts a petition. They posted a petition about a mother being charged with vehicular homicide in the death of her child which occurred while she was crossing a dark road outside of the crosswalk with several children. A person hit them and kept going. The driver turned himself in a couple of days later and pled guilty to hit and run. The mother was charged with misdemeanor charges and prosecuted by the Solicitor General's Office. The petition named the District Attorney by name and his office instead of correctly identifying the prosecuting authority. We cannot get in touch or get a reply from anyone at Change.org to correct this and it has greatly impacted our ability to do business due to all the folks calling and emailing about a case that we had no authority over. If they will not correct this error then how many other errors are there in the "petitions" they are creating???

britth
EXPERT
4/7/10

This is a great place where you can make a difference, but don't have to leave the comfort of your own home, or if you don't have that much time.

"Change.org raises awareness about important causes and empowers people to take action." That's exactly it- they provide online petitions you can sign, thoughtful articles about social change issues (ie. social entrepreneurship, global poverty, healthcare, human rights, education, environment- just to name a few), and even have job listings.

Best Petition Online Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber