US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 68 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 39 reviews)

kb36

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. (in 22 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

terris9
7/6/14

O stars, there is no phone number to reach these people.... If you have a problem you are screwed. I've sent two emails with no response...scam!!!

jamesm182
7/2/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM. they stole my giftcards. got a phone call saying the received them. went on their website and logged in and still says they did not. no check nobody answering emails. total scam. stay away. i just want my check or my cards back.

christ2191
7/1/14

I was using the site to sell 3 gift cards. I input the required information and was given 2 options. The first provided a higher sell rate but sent a check by mail 10- 14 days. The second option provided instant access to funds but provided a slightly lower rate of return. I provided a credit card to receive payment. I double check everything and selected instant access. The system switched me the 1st and with lower return as if i had gotten instant access. There is no one call at the company. i would not recommend this site.

stevem128
6/29/14

The discounts are appropriate for the demand, i.e. higher demand cards like Lowes & Home Depot aren't discounted as much. But don't buy an electronic card if you need it the next day or two, especially for example ordering on a Thursday and expecting it Friday. Their "one business" day must be some Mars 48-64 hour business day. You won't catch that last minute sale over the weekend with their cards if you expect to use Cardpool. You would expect an online only company can process online only transaction in 24 hours regardless of day of the week. And yes, no phone support.

jessicam63
6/27/14

Bought a Home Depot E-Card - came 2 days later.. not a big deal but they do say it will be 1 business day. I received a call from them prior to getting my card in an email that really made me a little uncomfortable. They were calling to verify the purchase - they asked me the address used to purchase, what the 1-800 number was on the back of my card that was used and a major crossroad near my address. If I had committed fraud that is all information that I could of obtained - I didn't see the point of them asking any of that. The rep who I was speaking to was not very friendly but that's not really the point I guess - I'll just leave the review with everything worked out fine but It definitely made me uneasy.

aliviab
6/20/14

I could not be happier with the service and the price when selling my gift cards. I was kept up to date on every transaction every step of the way. I am thrilled that I could turn worthless (to me) cards into cash to spend anywhere I chose. I would and already have recommended Cardpool to the bank teller who cashed my checks and to my granddaughter who has some she doesn't use. When I recommend an entity to someone I love (the granddaughter) you know it's a great company!

bradm20
6/19/14

I sent them my cards which was delivered to them on wednesday, they sent me an e-mail the same day with my amazon.com gift card code the same day. Excellent service, problem free transaction.

loric34
6/18/14

Sold a couple of gift cards to cardpool.com. Got a phone call a few days letter asking where I had gotten the cards. Explained that I had won them and could provide documentation. They said that everything was fine. Then a week later I get an abrupt email that they were cancelling the transaction and were sending the cards back and that they were not going to disclose why. Made me feel like a criminal. I was honest and forthcoming and said that I could email them the letter that came with the cards and direct them to the website listing my name as the winner of the cards.

erict32
6/17/14

sold a gamestop giftcard to them, opted for an amazon giftcard as payment because it said code emailed within 1 business day. well it took almost a week, during that time i emailed the support department twice, no response. would not ever use again, heard of many people being scammed by them.

sierram2
6/12/14

Purchased an e gift card online, Cardpool said it would take 1 business day to send code to email, but I did not receive it until two and a half days later. Customer service reps are rude, very unfriendly and impersonal.

datrockerguyh
5/9/14

Sent in one of my gift cards to Cardpool via mail with their free shipping label on a Friday. Received my check by mail the following Friday. Overall easy and simple experience. I recommend selling your gift cards to them.

danielnjacquelined
4/23/14

We are giving them 5 stars because the site works just as promised. We had never sold a gift card online before so we were a little worried. We had a gift card for $400. We sold Cardpool our gift card, entered it electronically, received an email immediately with a promise to send the check after our card number was verified. Even though it was after 10 at night, we received a follow-up email 20 minutes later stating that our card had been verified and that our check was on the way. Email said that check would be sent in 5-7 business days. We received it in 5 days. Yay!

yaab
4/10/14

I ordered a card online and was promised a card within 24 hours. I never got the card or my almost $48 that I spent on the card.I called, emailed and everything in the book. Still no reply. My next step is to get a lawyer and put a stop to all this nonsense.

pauln33
4/10/14

They took my gift cards never received my money, it has been 2 months and no check, they will not even return emails, I was scammed.

seanm59
4/4/14

Cardpool is a JOKE!!!!! Check the BBB and they have TONS of complaints filed on them. They will fill orders here and there but have more complaints than positive for sure. I had to file a complaint with BBB and have my attorney send a letter just to get my e gift card from them. They run the business from a UPS Store rented mailbox, that should be the first clue!!!

Go elsewhere unless you like to gamble because the house always wins!!!

barrys21
3/27/14

Promised delivery of Wall Mart e-card in 24 hours. Seven days later no e-card and no response to my e-mails. Will charge back on my credit card!

judyb22
3/26/14

I have been buying gift cards from them for 3 years now and I can think of any bad deals with them. Yes, at times the mailing is slow but if you order e-card from
them I have gotten them the next day

monettec1
3/26/14

I SENT CARDPOOL $900 IN SAKS FIFTH AVENUE G/C. I WOKE UP AND HAD A WEIRD FEELING ABOUT THIS; WENT TO THIES SITE; EAD THE REVIEWS, CALLED SAKS AND CANCELED THEM RIGHT AWAY! THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS!

christiang21
3/24/14

I have only purchased gift cards and they are a little slow to ship BUT I've always gotten exactly what I ordered. The cards have been perfect as well. I've used cardpool repeatedly with no issues. The issues seem to be more with the selling aspect but I definitely recommend buying their discounted cards.

michikam
3/22/14

I purchased a $130 amount of Macy's e gift card.Their discount rate 10% was actually better than others. They informed that I would get an email had an e gift card number within 24 hours. This was my first experience to buy discounted cards. I noticed that a transaction was in pending on my bank account. My order was placed at 10 am, they gave me a call at 4:30 pm, that was to verify I am the account holder. Next day I tried to get them back, but my calls were forwarded to voice mails. I didn't hear them back, so I regretted and worried very much. I could finally reach to a customer service. She was very unfriendly, sounded like hating the job. She verified me with few questions. The transaction was cleared after the verification. Although I was impressed with that, they didn't prepared a decent customer support at all, super slow responses were so frustrating. I don't really think that I would be going back. I gave 2 stars, one was for the better discount rate and the other one was for the secured verification.

zachh6
3/21/14

I don't have experience with buying cards from this site. But I just electronically gave them my target gift cards for amazon.com gift cards and received the amazon gift card 12 hours later. My overall total card amount was only 50 dollars too. I know the reviews look bad but when electronically sending and receiving cards I had no problems.

lilya6
3/21/14

bunch of bull, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! It has been weeks and I havent not received the giftcard but my credit card has already been charged. No communication only a generic reply "due to back log from holiday season blah blah" STAY AWAY!

kinkink
3/19/14

Wish I have check the reviews before the purchase from card pool. However first time purchase was successful . Made the second purchase paid 172.00 for a 190.00 lowes card on 03/11/14. After 2 days no reply no nothing . Then I found out there's no number to call and it makes worry a bit. No choice so send them an e mail ,got a sample reply saying they are so busy due to post holidays sale. ( Holiday ) ? This is March what holiday , send them 2 more e mail and they told me that they have issue a refund on 04/14 but I check on line with my bank after 3 days . Still no show of my refund yet. At this point I wish myself good luck and keep waiting
My advise at least find a company that has a number to call or someone to talk
This company has no number and it makes you think what company has no phone for customer to call or simply they just don't want to talk to you !
Stay away from this.

davidj76
3/19/14

I send a card to them a week ago and they promised 24hr term around. A week later I contacted them and got a canned email that dispute their claims they were at least 2 weeks behind in opening mail because of "Christmas rush" hey guys it is the end of MARCH.
I think they are a scam and will be filing complaints with the BBB, California Attorney General's fraud office and the SF County Attorney's office. Beware!!!!

jeremyc28
3/19/14

ATTENTION: CARDPOOL IS A PO BOX FRONT FOR BLACKHAWK AND SAFEWAY. THATS WHO OWNS CARDPOOL SO COMPLAIN TO THEM. ITS A MADEUP SERVICE LIKE PAYPAL IS TO EBAY. BLACKHAWK MADE THE CARDS THAT SAFEWAY SHOVES IN YOUR FACE ETC. THEIR THE WORST BUSINESS IVE EVER DEALT WITH.

barbarab36
3/17/14

Since the beginning of 2014 I started to purchase giftcards from Cardpool. My purchases were under $30 per card and had no issues. In late Feb. had an incident that I received a gift card about two weeks after placing an order. Now, I ordered an Starbucks e-gift card which is a paper card. I received it in the proper amount of time but I got a piece of paper with a picture from starbucks but not numbers, no barcode, nothing. So how am I suppose to use this? The lack of a customer service number is just unacceptable. There are many other gift card retailers that provide better service, a delivery confirmation number and a customer service number. I won't be using Cardpool anymore, not worth the hassle.

soniar3
3/16/14

I have had nothing but a good experience with this company. Sold a few cards to them and have had no problems at all. I am surprised at some of the negative reviews because me personally had such nothing but a positive experience with them. I hope my review helps!!

kb36
3/16/14

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. Today I tried to use the gift code at the Amazon site and they did not recognize it. I typed it in using caps, no caps, dash, no dash--nothing worked. So lesson learned. * Update: I really need to apologize to Cardpool. I did not read the code correctly, mistaking an 8 for a B. When Cardpool replied to my email and explained my error I felt like an idiot. But most importantly, the new code worked just fine and I was able to make a purchase at Amazon.

skipw
3/2/14

I purchased an electronic gift card on a Friday. As per their site electronic gift cards are sent within 24-hours. Here it is Sunday afternoon and I have no gift card. They have no customer service phone number, only email.

aaal
2/28/14

I don't even want to give a star to Cardpool.com. Their service is sucks. Before I buy a bulk big gift card amount, I tried a small amount and make sure it's not scam first. First, the website doesn't show any customer service phone number which is weird to me. Then I send them an email to check my order status, no response at all. It has been a week and I am still waiting for my gift card. Hopefully, I didn't lose my money.

After this experience, I will never do business with Cardpool anymore. Raise.com is a good choice for me to go...

mikes207
2/24/14

I had a $250 Macy's Gift card that i wanted to sell and get some money for, so I saw that cardpool had the highest rating out of all the sites to sell gift cards on. They offered me $207.50 for it, which I was willing to take.

I printed out the prepaid label, shipped out the card, and then waited. And waited. And waited some more.

After a week in a half of hearing nothing at all, I was worrying that my card was lost. I emailed them and they said that it was due to "Heavy traffic" that they hadn't gotten to my gift card yet in terms of processing it.

And yet, I waited almost another 2 weeks...and then FINALLY, I got a confirmation that they were sending out my check. I got the check and cashed it with no issues.

So in the end, I didn't get ripped off, but I was definitely worried a good majority of the time while this whole thing took place. So in my opinion, Cardpool isn't bad (for me anyway), but after waiting as long as I did, I'm not sure I want to do business with them anymore.

briann62
2/22/14

Terrible, terrible. company. They say you get electronic cards within 24 hours. Still waiting over 2 days later. Nobody answers the phone. Emails just get answered with generic responses. The online verification didn't work and it took a while to talk to someone -- still hasn't helped. Have received several emails that need to verify. Utter disaster.

raulp4
2/22/14

I WAS WONDERING WHAT THIS GIFTCARD EXICETEMT WAS ALL ABOUT. I BOUGHT A WHOLE BUNCH OF GIT CARDS AND DECIDED TO SELL THEM TO SEE IF I COULD MAKE ANY MONEY. I DID NOT!!!!! I DECIDED TO TRY CARDOOL WHAT A MISTAKE. I SENT OUT THEM ON THE 6TH OF BEBRUARY. I'M SO AGREVETED BECUASE I HAVE TRIED TO GET IN HOLD WITH THEM AND THEY KEEP ON GIVING ME THE RUN AROUND.. NEXT STEP IS WITING THE BBS. I HAVE TRID SEVERAL GIFT CARD PLACES. ZEN, GIFT CARDS, THEY ARE RIGHT ON. THOSE CARDS BETTER APPEAR.

jenniev
2/20/14

AWFUL experience. AWFUL customer service. They promote and promise everywhere on their site that they deliver their electronic cards within 24 hours. NOT TRUE. I'm still waiting on mine, and it's been 2 days. I can't even get a hold of ANYONE to check the status. DO NOT DO BUSINESS WITH THESE SCUMBAGS.

penelopel3
2/20/14

I sent in $75 in gift cards over a month ago and today I got an email saying I that the check is in the mail. I hope it is, but honestly, I wouldn't be at all surprised if it never comes.

I was told it would take 3-5 days to receive email confirmation that they received my gift cards, but it has been 5 weeks and today's email regarding my check is the only communication I've received back. If I'd read all these reviews, I never would have sent my card in. My own fault for not doing research

flyfirew
2/20/14

SCAM. Send $100 gift card on Feb 2nd. It has been 3 weeks and I have sent several emails to them. But no response and no payment. Stay away from them!

bobbys34
2/18/14

Took a bit longer than expected for them to receive, but that was due to the Christmas rush. They responded very quickly to my status update inquiry, and check is in the mail now! Would highly recommend!

tiffanyb18
2/16/14

I sold a Tiffany and Co gift card (electronic so I did not have to mail the card in) on a Sunday and by Friday I had my check. Would most definetly recommend.

mikem161
2/8/14

SCAM… Sent them cards to sell. First they said they never received the cards. Then when i said i had tracking proof of delivery they said it was slow due to holidays. Then they said we had sold them too many cards. We never did get our check or the cards back. Total scam. Avoid. Do not send them cards for sale ever

samanthat6
2/6/14

gave them my $25 gift card for AMC. Its over a month later now. I emailed them and now they say I have to physically send my card in when I threw it away, now they wont send me any payment.

Step 1: Get Offers
Tell us which gift cards you'd like to sell for cash.
Step 2: Transfer Gift Cards
Sell your gift cards electronically - no mailing required, or mail your gift cards using our FREE SHIPPING LABEL.
Step 3: Get Paid
We'll send you a check within 24 hours of receiving your gift cards
!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!SCAM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mell122
2/5/14

Someone needs to sew. Sent in a card for $40.00. That was 3 weeks ago, still haven't got my check. SCAM

sams130
2/3/14

I had read all the negative reviews and was blindly hopeful... Well, looks like I just lost $250 on my Gamestop gift card return. Received e-mail 3 weeks later: "Upon processing, the merchant reported that the Game Stop gift card was invalid and not activated."

I verified the card before sending it to them. Go figure.

ernestr10
2/3/14

We set in a $400 ToysRUs card. They returned it without comment. Someone used the total card value two weeks later. Not us. Either Cardpool is a scam or they have an employee stealing card numbers. I would not use them.

luidg
2/2/14

DO NOT I REPEAT DO NOT SELL YOUR GIFT CARDS TO CARD POOL!!!! I sent them a $250 gift I had received as a gift. I'm in need of money so I sold it to them. It's been 3 weeks and no email no calls nothing. Now I'm out $250. PLEASE AVOID THIS SCAM SITE.

angelan10
1/27/14

I ordered a WalMart gift card. They charged my credit card and sent me confirmation with the correct shipping address. Later I got an email from them asking me to call back for some verification. I called back, left messages and emailed them- never heard back from them, and I never got my gift card.

deneens
1/26/14

Ordered a $90. Victoria Secrets gift card. Their e-mails said it could take up to 3 weeks, UPS first class. Not from San Francisco to Walnut Creek CA.. I had to wait 3 weeks then never received it. Their e-mails said I could get my money back. Now they just ignore me. Liars and scam artists.I can dispute the charge with my CC company but these poor people that have sent them their gift cards are out of luck.

pamalak
1/25/14

I’m here to counter all the negative reviews, and NO, I don’t work for cardpool or am associated with them in any way.

I use many card resellers and cardpool, along with one other, is my favorite for a variety of reasons. Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. Yep, via email, but absolutely great.

Look at the negative reviews. In every case, I see a customer who is being outrageously unrealistic and demanding. I’m half-way through the review and I think, “Jeez. What a douche.” Let’s go over the parameters and limitations of using a gift card reseller.

1. About 20% of the gift cards you buy are fraudulent. Someone uses a stolen credit card number (i.e., hacked from Target, sold openly online at sites that sell criminals stolen numbers; grafted onto a credit card) and buys a gift card. They then sell it to a reseller. The reseller sells it to you. It takes a while, but eventually the company whose gift card you bought gets stiffed by Visa or Mastercard and, identifying the gift card as having been a fraudulent purchase, zeroes out the card.

In the two years I’ve been buying gift cards, I’ve had 3 that were fraudulent. Both companies, cardpool and the other one I like, IMMEDIATELY refunded my money. I merely emailed cardpool with the information, they responded the next day, and my money was back in the bank within 3 days. IT’S THE COST OF DOING THIS KIND OF BUSINESS, so get real. You are saving quite a bit of money, and people stuck with gift cards they don’t want have a wonderful place to offload them without the hassle of ebay or Craigslist.

It is YOUR responsibility to use up the card during the guarantee period. It is YOUR responsibility to write the “expiration date,” if you will, on a calendar, so you know when the guarantee ends. Almost all the resellers are 60 days…but Cardpool is the only one I know of that is 100 days (for plastic cards. E-cards, which I’ve also bought, are less).

2. You are not going to get your e-card or plastic card in a hurry. Cardpool takes a little longer than others to get theirs to you by mail…but they tend to have better discounts on the cards I like. If you are buying an e-card or plastic gift card to purchase something that’s on sale RIGHT NOW, good luck. You need to be realistic and give yourself a MONTH’S leeway (you read that right: a MONTH)—from the moment you purchase the card to the moment you receive it. 99.999% of the time, the card arrives within a week (or the emailed e-card # in a FEW DAYS), but stuff happens, mail gets waylaid. And remember, 20% of the time, the cards are fraudulent.

So, you buy the card, you keep it in reserve for “the great sale.” But you must use it within the guarantee period.

Bearing these minor hardships in mind, as far as I’m concerned, it’s completely worth it for the money I’ve saved. I almost never make a purchase anymore—drugstore, department store—unless I’ve got a discounted gift card.

Framed as above, Cardpool is one of the very best.

Now, to those who have sold your card to Cardpool (or any other place). I’ve never sold a gift card to any reseller. But if I ever do, you can be sure I’ll spring 80 cents (or more, if the price goes up) for a TRACKING NUMBER. Duh! Unless you can PROVE your card was received, you are out of luck. In fact, I’d pay a few more pennies to get a signature, too! And if they paid you with an Amazon gift card, and you had trouble with that gift card…did you contact them (via email)? WHAT DID THEY SAY about your Amazon gift card? Unless you complete the story of your complaint, you have no valid complaint.

Again, I have no relationship with the company other than as customer. They’ve always done right by me and don’t deserve the mean-spirited reviews.

dannya9
1/22/14

I will save all the fine readers some time. If you are on this site, you are already having issues with Cardpool as I just did. Same as so many below- sold them a card, printed off their label, sent in my card and waited. Then the emails.... first from them.. "We haven't received your card yet." I immediately replied that I had sent it the next day after I used their web site, and advised them to please check their records, as it had been two weeks since being sent by me.

Seems they magically found it the next day, HOWEVER...sorry bad news, seems the USPS just delivered us our mailing label and SO SORRY no envelope nor card, bad luck for you, please try again later. Shocker.... the card had already been used.

So I send an email questioning their integrity and point out that they can open envelopes all day long and use our cards and then simply report them to use as LOST?

What I got back is a five paragraph email explain to me the finer points of how to pack a card in a better envelope, use better tape, insure the package and buy tracking and signature require services..... BECAUSE SENDER BEWARE.

Crooks... BBB call being made.

stefaniep1
1/20/14

Looks like I just lost $186. Mailed in my gift card as instructed with the shipping label they provide, but no amazon gift card mailed back. Emailed customer service and they say they haven't received anything. One week to mail a letter from Oakland to San Francisco? More likely card is lost or receipt never acknowledged by them. Nobody can prove it wasn't "lost in transit" which of course they aren't liable for. Like Jay said in his review, the shipping label has no tracking number so there's no way to see what actually happened. And according to a review on 1/12 the actual owners left the company so nobody there gives a crap about upholding any kind of standards. What's with the excellent review by the Better Business Bureau? What a joke.

kelliem1
1/12/14

Customer service condescending. Founders of company left it and went on to something else. Obviously they've given up on their great idea! Company run by desperate 20 somethings like most start-ups. No real adult would settle to work for this digital factory supervised by video cameras.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Clearly that review is written by the company itself. The only customer review I've found so far was extremely negative.... Has anyone had first hand experience dealing with this company?
6/25/10
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?