US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 93 reviews)

sterlingm24

But, they did acknowledge receipt, and the card was processed and I received Amazon credit within 24 hours of that. (in 26 reviews)

jasonb162

Dealing with their customer service is mind numbingly painful and never satisfying. (in 48 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

meighanb
4/29/16

Sent a gift card in for 100.00 and now it only has 2.34 left. Seriously wth... Never been ripped off like that. What a sneaky little way to steal from people. Retailers aren't responsible for stolen cards so there is no way to redeem my stolen money

stelllab
4/27/16

Had $380 on a BR gift card I wasn't going to use. Selected the mail option to get more back. Mailed card to just get an email that there was now only $2 on my card. Called the BR store to see what was going on to be told that $377 had been spent at a store the day I entered my card info into Cardpool website. They won't tell me where yet and I've filed a police report. The card was still in my possession when it was supposedly spent at a store so only people to have access to my gift card # was Cardpool. I'm still fighting with them...please do not use this website!!! I'm still sick to my stomach over this!

janed150
4/26/16

Run from this company! My bank account was compromised after a gift card was purchased. Can not confirm if it was hacked or someone within the company violated me but I can say it is quite a coincident how the many transactions occurred within miles from the company address and from a single highway from there in California. The savings are not worth the headache I now have from this company. BEWARE.

johns1278
4/24/16

I placed an order for a $10 Starbucks gift card slightly discounted. It told me that it can take 24 hours to receive it (electronically), which is long compared to other GC resellers who do it instantly, but I was in no rush.

Upon check out, I was asked three personal questions about where I've lived. Intrusive and absurd for simply getting a dollar discount. I answered them and thought that was that. The very next morning I get an email saying they need for verification over the phone. I was not about to provide a shred of personal information to a cheap GC reseller, so I emailed them saying that the transaction is canceled. Not more than an hour later someone replies confirming the cancelation.

I barely give out my personal information to doctors and utility companies, why would I give it to some little online company just to save $1?

ericm117
4/22/16

We got a notice from cardpool saying "Our risk assessment team has determined that we aren't able to process your order at this time. We've gone ahead and cancelled order..."

We've purchased cards before without much hassle before. Getting a hold of a live person with the company is next to impossible. Anyway this all delayed our purchase and we decided to buy directly from the store and save the hassle dealing with cardpool. We wont be using cardpool.com ever again.

timb112
4/14/16

Cardpool is a complete waste of time. I "bought" $800 worth Apple electronic gift cards at 4% savings from them last Saturday, Monday they cancelled my order per their "risk assessment" team. So I on immediately bought $800 worth BestBuy electronic gift cards at 6% savings from them. 3 days later -Thursday- after 2 emails to them they finally cancelled again my order per their "risk assessment" team. I don´´t care about saving $1 on a $25 gift card. That costs me more time than it saves money.

johnnys38
4/7/16

I downloaded Cardpool's app and I searched for giftcards that would amount to $320, they found 2 cards one worth about $210 and the other $110 for $#*!'s Sporting Goods. I paid $265. I punched both gift cards into the $#*!'s website upon checkout ad encountered ZERO problems. Worked like a charm. Great way to have saved $50+ on a $#*!'s order. Happy with purchase.

tonif8
4/4/16

I put in a large order because we need to do a lot of home repairs prior to selling our house. They waited 2 days and cancelled for NO reason without even trying to contact me. Now it's too late to use another site.

michaels416
4/1/16

Purchased 10 HomeDepot cards equaling $1600. 9 of them worked fine, the last one had a balance of $0 on it. Contacted support via email, as they don't have a customer service phone number. Received a response that day asking if the problem was resolved since the card is showing no balance when they checked it. Duh that's what the problem is, and I felt I explained it pretty clearly. Didn't hear anything back for a week, despite emailing them every couple days asking for an update. I was just about to contact my credit card company to report fraud when they emailed me back apologizing for the mistake, and said they would be issuing me a refund for the bad card. Took another week to actually get the money. Overall I'm happy it turned out ok, but if you use them be prepared for slow customer service, and possible issues. I don't think they are a scam like over reviewers are saying, just a small company that needs to make some improvements. Would probably use them again, but for smaller purchases.

butyourebogusb
3/30/16

The business process at face is quite simple, as it should be. Verify balance of gift card via website, ship the gift card to CardPool, then wait for your monies.

And it would be this simple, if well, a couple things; CardPool hires idiots. Secondly, same or similar idiots built the processes and guiding rational for the core-business - eh hem, exchanging gift cards for cash.

Check out this play by play. Also, I saved the email chain because it was such an epic fail!

I followed the above listed steps - boom, easy.
(verify balance of $42, ship the card, wait)
CP is MIA for 3 weeks; I email them.
They respond with a "Hey, sorry, oops".
Two days later, they respond with a "Hey, we can't accept this card because the $ value exceeds the $50 limit." And "we'll ship the card back to you."
I email them with their own Verification Email with the $42 balance stated, and ask them to see into the balance again - because duh.
They refuse my request and shut me down with a "we don't divulge Risk practices".
GTFO (really)
So we email back and forth, back and forth..until finally someone with more brains gets on the sitch, and guiess what they did? Yes they called-in on the card which verified the $42 balance (<$50). Hooray right? No. They sent the card back to me (Oops).
Two weeks pass, the card comes back to me.
Being glutton for punishment, or just feeling that they now "got it" and I really did not want this $42 Dunkin Donuts card, I put that shiet back in the mail....and I waited.
The troglodytes at CardPool then hit me up, via email, stating they received the card and would issue me a fatty check of...wait for it...$27. Yes, indeed somehow the card balance vanished into the stomach of the univers in the interim, from $42 to $27.
mother of god.
So, we email. And email some more. These half-wits must be working their first customer service job or perhaps...well whatever I'm tired. It just went something like this - "Hey I haven't used this card at all, and Dunkin Donuts transaction system doesn't reflect any charges either, umm the balance is still $42.00". Then they, they $#*!ing, they $#*!ing I swear, "so, do you want the card back or the $27.00?"

I took the card back. Soon after, on my way to work one morning I stopped by the Dunkin Donuts, and gave it to the lady standing in-line waiting to purchase - not a word spoken between us.

Card Pool, $#*! you.

jeffs153
3/28/16

I attempted to purchase a card with a small balance ($69). It was an ecard, so I was expecting it to arrive by the next day. When it didnt, I sent a polite email asking for an ETA. I received back an email which stated, "Regrettably, our risk assessment team had determined that we are not able to process your order at this time . . . due to the nature of our business, we do not currently disclose the parameters of our risk assessment." No way to remedy whatever "risk" they perceived. (If the risk was with the ecard itself - which makes sense given that they are peddling with gift cards they acquire from other people - why not suggest my buying a different one?) My credit card is issued from a top provider, and though they didnt ask or get info to check my credit, my credit is impeccable. I suspect they didnt like my enquiry. Any company that is this arbitrary should not be trusted or patronized.

johnp357
3/23/16

Of course I did not read the reviews before I bought a Target card from them!!! Not only did they send a bad card electronically but they do not take phone calls.

What kind of company does not take customer's calls for issues? POOR ones that is who.

Before you send them your money, either light it on fire or send it to me...

katies58
3/16/16

They are happy to take my money but when I have an issue, they do not email back. It says they will respond in 1 day - well, 4 business days later and no response. DO NOT BUY FROM THEM!

henrys50
3/14/16

I just ordered $140.00 of Home Depot e-gift cards from Cardpool, but even though They took my credit card payment through their website and then I later verified my credit card HAS been charged, days later I still have not received my e-gift cards. There should have been no delay. I have excellent credit, and have placed countless purchases on line from sites such as Amazon. Their organization is notoriously slow and risky, and a Buyer MUST is very wary of them. Further there is no one to ask and present your concerns to. Proceed at your own risk.

talg1
3/3/16

I exchanged a gift card for an amazon card which actually went ok since it was a digital transaction. The problem came a couple weeks later when I discovered the credit card I put on file with them was stolen and used to go shopping a couple towns over. I'm not sure how they were able to do it but I know it happened through card pool because it's a brand new card and card pool was the ONLY time the info was given out. They make you out a card on file with them for "security" purposes... Don't trust them!

bills163
3/3/16

Did not deliver. Their verification system did not work (said it was unavailable). I tried again later and it told me I had already verified or had declined to verify and someone would be in touch (Yuck). A couple days later I got an email asking to call customer support - I did that and was then verified. I then tried to order two cards. Both orders were cancelled due to "Risk Assessment". I contacted support to ask what that meant - they told me me they could not disclose that to me, but i was welcome to "Try to resubmit the orders at a later date" . No thanks - My credit rating is A+ and there are a lot of companies happy to accept my money. I dont need to deal with these bozos

maxr38
2/27/16

We gave them multiple chances to get it right, but they have the strangest and paranoid business model on par with Cashstar.Verified a year ago, but their risk assessment dept. cancelled orders for a low denomination gift card after they sent a false link for verification. Shouldn't be this difficult to buy a low denomination gift card! It seems this is how they keep you from using the referral $5. Bait & switch. Will never waste my time with them again and will tell everyone I know to stay away.

travisj11
2/26/16

I sent a Macy's gift card worth 100 dollars and they said they would give me $80 I just put my card in an envelope with the card and my information on it and mailed it I was really skeptical about it and all the reviews I have read were very negative and bad but I sent the card in and didn't hear anything I emailed them a couple times and they said they have not received my card and that it may take some time depending on how it was mailed I honestly was not expecting to receive a check from them but to my surprise 2 months yes 2 months after I mailed the card I received a check in the mail from cardpool for $80 just as they said yes it took a long time but they did in fact mail me the check they promised so I dont know I probably wouldn't use them again but i did sell my card and did receive the $80 so I guess its up to you good luck

donaldr26
2/15/16

THEY ARE NOT STRAIGHT BUYER BEWARE.

troyp21
2/14/16

I purchased a set of Lowe's cards for $79.00. They arrived at my house and I checked with Lowe's. The cards are 0 value and I requested a refund but it has not arrived yet. Stay away from these people.

johnd500
2/11/16

THIS IS A SCAM. Do not use this website. If you sell Cardpool a gift card they will steal your money so beware. When you sell them your gift card and after they received it, they will claim that there is no money left on the card and they will blame it on you!! If you buy a gift card from them it will only have a balance of $1.00 or less and since most people will not spend it immediately… when you go to use it Guess what! NO cash! Again they will blame it on you. Any positive reviews that you see online for this company is posted by themselves. Use this company and lose all your money. Don’t do it.

johnb537
2/2/16

Had a problem with a Lowes gift card I purchased for a Christmas gift. Lowes decided to stop accepting them. Took a little bit for card pool to get back to me, but they did and credited my account the full amount of of the balance. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was the time it took them to respond.

toms200
2/2/16

I do not submit reviews unless the service/product is exceptionally good or bad. Unfortunately, Cardpool's customer service is exceptionally bad. I received some bad gift cards from them and tried to reach them by phone and email. It was hard to find a working phone number for them but eventually I did, however, I never received a reply. I was able to reach them by email but I've sent a total of 5-6 emails to them the past three weeks and the only replies that I receive back are automated statements. I guess they are not concerned about people contacting BBB or social media sites to share their experience? FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH: I WOULD ADVISE OTHERS TO AVOID CARDPOOL!

fkcardpoolf
1/24/16

They stole my giftcard never contacted my i exchanged my giftcard for an amazon one and never saw any proggres so i contacted them but nothing. Now my account doesnt even exist. Dont trust this pleople.

leilaf
1/24/16

DO NOT USE CARDPOOL. I sent in about $135 in gift cards to be exchanged for an Amazon card. It took 12 days for my envelope to be received to their processing center in northern California and sent it from San Diego. That was when I was suspicious and emailed them. They said they had not received it. Then a few days later they emailed me saying thy received my cards and that they both had a balance of $0.00. This is impossible because I have receipts for the cards. I have reported this company to the Better Business Bureau and I will be also reporting them to San Diego News Channels so that they can broadcast a story on this scam company. Do not take the risk!

amberc25
1/9/16

After a 8 days I got email stating one of the cards I sent in had a zero balance and had no information or balance for the other card. My computer is secure and nobody else had the code but them. I checked the balances on giftcard's website and they were not at zero. Looks like I'm out of that money, thanks for the scam! Too good to be true, yes it was!

lsiap
1/7/16

Company takes all of your credit card info and says your order has been placed. Then says you have to be verified. They call you and ask questions say everything matches up and your item will ship out. After receiving nothing you decide to call only to be told you are a "risk" and they cancelled your order. They only send auto responses to your questions and all comments get deleted off of their facebook page. Meanwhile they have all of your credit card info. Stay away from this company!

marks318
1/7/16

Submitted Best Buy $50 card on Friday, got e card following thursday for $46.91 as promised. Perfect transaction. A+++++++++++

rachelk28
1/6/16

After reading other reviews, I was very nervous about using this service. I was anxious about mailing my gift card with no guarantee I would get it or my money back. I tracked my envelope and followed the process and everything worked out. Phew! The reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 is that Cardpool gave me quotes on two gift cards and then wouldn't buy the 2nd one. I wasn't surprised because the 2nd one had an expiration date, but Cardpool did not ask or disclose this exception at the beginning of the process, which is one of the reasons I decided to use them. Cardpool was VERY good about communicating with me via email. Right away, I asked them not to send me both cards back. I asked them to buy the 1st card and mail back the unusable card. They did. I got my check a couple of days ago and all is well. I don't usually write reviews (maybe that's obvious from this one), but I wanted to reassure anyone else out there that Cardpool worked for me as advertised (minus the expiration date glitch).

chrisd151
1/6/16

“I give 1 star only because it is the lowest I can. I sold a 300 homedepot store credit to them after waiting their 30 day policy to receive my check they said they would reissue another check sorry for the delay. They used or resold my card on the 12th. I know this because I got the transaction history and it shows that the used it. Even with the proof in hand they will not respond to emails ,delete my question,comments on Facebook..No real phone number to call some shady voicemail picks up right away..this is their recurring process as I found 100s of similar comments,reviews, stating their same shady work happened to them. Not trustworthy at all definitely a scam site they will take your money and never respond to you

michaele75
1/3/16

I was hesitant after reading so many negative reviews. I noticed that ALL of the gift card buying sites had massive negative reviews from certain review sites. One review site other than this one rated Cardpool very high. I figured that a lot of the negative reviews must be from idiots. I decided to go for it.
I received a $100 Target gift card fro Christmas. I verified the amount on the Target site. Went to Cardpool and entered the numbers and pin code. Choose the Amazon gift card via email code. Submitted on Friday, New Years Day. Got the email code Saturday night. Just now redeemed it on my Amazon account. Worked perfectly!!!!

Tip for consumers: Verify your gift card balance beforehand for no problems.

paml24
12/31/15

After a few firm emails about reporting them to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, my redemption code magically appeared. I will still NOT use this site in the future for gift card redemption.

nicolew58
12/27/15

Three times I have tried to buy an American Airlines gift card. Twice it took a few days to recieve an email response that my order was cancelled because information about me could not be verified. I have emailed Cardpool and they said they are not at liberty to disclose why. But in between these transactions I have bought physical clothing store cards with no problem that arrived in a week. So if the AA gift cards aren't for sale why do they waste my time? I referred a friend who got their card in a week. Got a $5 discount for the referral and now I can't buy anything. My billing info is 100% correct.

mirandam8
11/28/15

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this company, I think that they are great.I ordered a $65 H&M card from them on Sunday,11/22 , I paid $45 for it(That is 30% off) and I received it today 11/27. I also called H&M to verify that the card was legit and it is. Happy shopping people

johnc417
11/24/15

These folks are a mess. I bought cards for Home Depot from them and they they didn't give me advertised discount, sent the wrong cards and we're practically impossible to contact to rectify their mistakes. The only people that you can talk to can only send emails to the "boss". They are not allowed to call on phone (nor is customer allowed). Customer "service" should be re named "I could care less and I can prove it"

tammiek2
11/24/15

I sent in $1,000 worth of gift cards 3 weeks ago and I still have not received a check from them. They said they have not received yet the cards yet. I have never heard of 3 weeks to deliver a envelope. I would never sell to them again and I am hoping I see my money soon. If you do choose to sell to them them, make sure you do not use there label, spend the extra money to track your package.

austinf16
11/19/15

Bought a gift card, and received email says it's delivered to my account. Logged in, nothing in my account, under "orders" nothing. Under "transactions" nothing. I contacted customer support, all I got is redundant emails, keep saying is delivered, I screenshot my Cardpool account to show them there is nothing in my account, then never get replied. I am calling my card company to report it as a fraud transaction. STAY AWAY from this website. All they do is collection your cc info. and your personal info.

herberta13
11/12/15

cardpool made good on their cards with me it took a long had to stop payment with the card company it took a few months

traceyt11
11/7/15

I love buying gift cards from card pool, save lots of $$$$. The only downside is the cards look used of course but if they are for you to save $$ definitely worth buys!!! Love it

ronl24
10/20/15

I ordered a $#*!s Sporting Goods online gift card. I got a little worried, because after I did so I saw all of these horrible reviews. I thought I am about to get scammed, but to my surprise I got the code the next day and used it the same day without any problems. I then checked my credit card to make sure it was only used once and everything was fine. I will use this site again, and continue to do so until I have a problem. I will keep you posted if anything changes with my service and or credit card.

gloriad12
10/12/15

I have used this company now for several months and have been very satisfied with the service. My physical cards come within 6 days of ordering and I verified the amounts. There has never been a problem using them. Saves a lot of money!

mikes323
9/30/15

I learned about gift card exchanges earlier this year, while I mostly use Raise and really like them for how fast, new and refined they are. For the more limited selection of common gift cards I use Cardpool since they normally offer bigger discounts.
After verifying my account with them, I've sold 1 gift card and bought 7 with no issues ever. I mostly do the electronic ones and they're delivered quickly, I'm really surprised by all these bad reviews I wonder if I've gotten lucky or if they're mostly good and these folks got unlucky.

mazieb
9/29/15

I purchased 2 cards from them and both cards came as invalid when I tried to check out online. The cards were supposed to have $215.00 dollars on them.When I sent an email explaining the situation, all I got was a generic email saying they got my email. After that nothing. First thing in the morning I will be calling my card company and reporting fraud. Update: They finally fixed my order. I had to go thru hell to get it done. I still stand by my earlier assessment. Steer clear!

krisp29
9/29/15

Ordered a $200 gift card. 3 days later it was cancelled. Email was very vague and poorly worded with no reason for the cancellation. I'm questioning the legitimacy of this site, that now has my credit card info!

rosaliez
9/13/15

Firstly, I have never given a product or a business such a low review before. I understand everyone has bad days or bad luck. One bad experience doesn't mean a company is terrible, but in this case I really feel like they did everything in their power to make my experience crappy.

I thought the idea of cardpool sounding good, so I gave them a try. My first order seemed to go through, but I never received my ecards. After nearly 3 days of waiting and an email to their customer service, I was informed my card didn't go through. I tried another order but then received an email to call them to verify my info. A bit of a pain, but whatever. I called and spoke to Mary. She was pretty rude so I just decided to cancel my order.

I emailed customer support and told them what happened. I felt like my email was done in a kindly matter, but the reply I received was a generic one and the subject line had been altered to read 'Order #Hell.' Wow! Very professional. Definitely not worth the trouble or being mistreated by customer service. Stay away!!

angelar40
9/5/15

bought my gas card for 7 dollars less and it arrived pretty quickly and works, feel great about the savings, was scared by the reviews but this transaction worked well

jasonb162
8/24/15

My wife has been buying discounted gift cards from Cardpool on and off for a few years now. I finally asked her to please stop! 5 over the last few years have arrived with either the wrong amount or unable to use at all. Dealing with their customer service is mind numbingly painful and never satisfying. It's too bad because the idea is a good one

wess110
8/21/15

You can't contact them by phone, they don't email e-gift cards in the promised time, or reply to customer service support emails within the promised time (or at all sometimes).

roberts282
8/20/15

I received a bunch of gift cards from work over the past few months and needed cash not gift cards. I found Cardpool and saw that they had the highest cash back %. Said hey screw it and gave them a try. I sold $750 in cards and got about $650 cash. Entire process took about a week. The called me to verify my identity, just mailing address and how I got the cards. If I get any more will definitely be using this service again.

kalyann
8/18/15

I sold two Starbucks giftcards to Cardpool in exchange for Amazon giftcards. I made the transaction on the 15th, and they promptly sent me the codes on the 18th. Super fast deliver (at least for ecodes) and responsive customer service. Would recommend to people. I have never bought from them, but I have been extremely pleased with my selling experience so far.

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
13 hours ago
Add your answer
1/26/16
Answer
tammiek2
A: Retailmenot.com looks like they have some codes for raise.com.

I would not deal with Cardpool.
1/26/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the Cardpool staff and other customers.
Cardpool?