US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 88 reviews)

sterlingm24

But, they did acknowledge receipt, and the card was processed and I received Amazon credit within 24 hours of that. (in 25 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 46 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

johnd500
2/11/16

THIS IS A SCAM. Do not use this website. If you sell Cardpool a gift card they will steal your money so beware. When you sell them your gift card and after they received it, they will claim that there is no money left on the card and they will blame it on you!! If you buy a gift card from them it will only have a balance of $1.00 or less and since most people will not spend it immediately… when you go to use it Guess what! NO cash! Again they will blame it on you. Any positive reviews that you see online for this company is posted by themselves. Use this company and lose all your money. Don’t do it.

johnb537
2/2/16

Had a problem with a Lowes gift card I purchased for a Christmas gift. Lowes decided to stop accepting them. Took a little bit for card pool to get back to me, but they did and credited my account the full amount of of the balance. The only reason I did not give 5 stars was the time it took them to respond.

toms200
2/2/16

I do not submit reviews unless the service/product is exceptionally good or bad. Unfortunately, Cardpool's customer service is exceptionally bad. I received some bad gift cards from them and tried to reach them by phone and email. It was hard to find a working phone number for them but eventually I did, however, I never received a reply. I was able to reach them by email but I've sent a total of 5-6 emails to them the past three weeks and the only replies that I receive back are automated statements. I guess they are not concerned about people contacting BBB or social media sites to share their experience? FOR WHAT IT IS WORTH: I WOULD ADVISE OTHERS TO AVOID CARDPOOL!

fkcardpoolf
1/24/16

They stole my giftcard never contacted my i exchanged my giftcard for an amazon one and never saw any proggres so i contacted them but nothing. Now my account doesnt even exist. Dont trust this pleople.

leilaf
1/24/16

DO NOT USE CARDPOOL. I sent in about $135 in gift cards to be exchanged for an Amazon card. It took 12 days for my envelope to be received to their processing center in northern California and sent it from San Diego. That was when I was suspicious and emailed them. They said they had not received it. Then a few days later they emailed me saying thy received my cards and that they both had a balance of $0.00. This is impossible because I have receipts for the cards. I have reported this company to the Better Business Bureau and I will be also reporting them to San Diego News Channels so that they can broadcast a story on this scam company. Do not take the risk!

amberc25
1/9/16

After a 8 days I got email stating one of the cards I sent in had a zero balance and had no information or balance for the other card. My computer is secure and nobody else had the code but them. I checked the balances on giftcard's website and they were not at zero. Looks like I'm out of that money, thanks for the scam! Too good to be true, yes it was!

lsiap
1/7/16

Company takes all of your credit card info and says your order has been placed. Then says you have to be verified. They call you and ask questions say everything matches up and your item will ship out. After receiving nothing you decide to call only to be told you are a "risk" and they cancelled your order. They only send auto responses to your questions and all comments get deleted off of their facebook page. Meanwhile they have all of your credit card info. Stay away from this company!

marks318
1/7/16

Submitted Best Buy $50 card on Friday, got e card following thursday for $46.91 as promised. Perfect transaction. A+++++++++++

rachelk28
1/6/16

After reading other reviews, I was very nervous about using this service. I was anxious about mailing my gift card with no guarantee I would get it or my money back. I tracked my envelope and followed the process and everything worked out. Phew! The reason I am giving 4 stars and not 5 is that Cardpool gave me quotes on two gift cards and then wouldn't buy the 2nd one. I wasn't surprised because the 2nd one had an expiration date, but Cardpool did not ask or disclose this exception at the beginning of the process, which is one of the reasons I decided to use them. Cardpool was VERY good about communicating with me via email. Right away, I asked them not to send me both cards back. I asked them to buy the 1st card and mail back the unusable card. They did. I got my check a couple of days ago and all is well. I don't usually write reviews (maybe that's obvious from this one), but I wanted to reassure anyone else out there that Cardpool worked for me as advertised (minus the expiration date glitch).

chrisd151
1/6/16

“I give 1 star only because it is the lowest I can. I sold a 300 homedepot store credit to them after waiting their 30 day policy to receive my check they said they would reissue another check sorry for the delay. They used or resold my card on the 12th. I know this because I got the transaction history and it shows that the used it. Even with the proof in hand they will not respond to emails ,delete my question,comments on Facebook..No real phone number to call some shady voicemail picks up right away..this is their recurring process as I found 100s of similar comments,reviews, stating their same shady work happened to them. Not trustworthy at all definitely a scam site they will take your money and never respond to you

michaele75
1/3/16

I was hesitant after reading so many negative reviews. I noticed that ALL of the gift card buying sites had massive negative reviews from certain review sites. One review site other than this one rated Cardpool very high. I figured that a lot of the negative reviews must be from idiots. I decided to go for it.
I received a $100 Target gift card fro Christmas. I verified the amount on the Target site. Went to Cardpool and entered the numbers and pin code. Choose the Amazon gift card via email code. Submitted on Friday, New Years Day. Got the email code Saturday night. Just now redeemed it on my Amazon account. Worked perfectly!!!!

Tip for consumers: Verify your gift card balance beforehand for no problems.

paml24
12/31/15

After a few firm emails about reporting them to the Pennsylvania Attorney General's office, my redemption code magically appeared. I will still NOT use this site in the future for gift card redemption.

nicolew58
12/27/15

Three times I have tried to buy an American Airlines gift card. Twice it took a few days to recieve an email response that my order was cancelled because information about me could not be verified. I have emailed Cardpool and they said they are not at liberty to disclose why. But in between these transactions I have bought physical clothing store cards with no problem that arrived in a week. So if the AA gift cards aren't for sale why do they waste my time? I referred a friend who got their card in a week. Got a $5 discount for the referral and now I can't buy anything. My billing info is 100% correct.

mirandam8
11/28/15

Not sure why there are so many negative reviews about this company, I think that they are great.I ordered a $65 H&M card from them on Sunday,11/22 , I paid $45 for it(That is 30% off) and I received it today 11/27. I also called H&M to verify that the card was legit and it is. Happy shopping people

johnc417
11/24/15

These folks are a mess. I bought cards for Home Depot from them and they they didn't give me advertised discount, sent the wrong cards and we're practically impossible to contact to rectify their mistakes. The only people that you can talk to can only send emails to the "boss". They are not allowed to call on phone (nor is customer allowed). Customer "service" should be re named "I could care less and I can prove it"

tammiek2
11/24/15

I sent in $1,000 worth of gift cards 3 weeks ago and I still have not received a check from them. They said they have not received yet the cards yet. I have never heard of 3 weeks to deliver a envelope. I would never sell to them again and I am hoping I see my money soon. If you do choose to sell to them them, make sure you do not use there label, spend the extra money to track your package.

austinf16
11/19/15

Bought a gift card, and received email says it's delivered to my account. Logged in, nothing in my account, under "orders" nothing. Under "transactions" nothing. I contacted customer support, all I got is redundant emails, keep saying is delivered, I screenshot my Cardpool account to show them there is nothing in my account, then never get replied. I am calling my card company to report it as a fraud transaction. STAY AWAY from this website. All they do is collection your cc info. and your personal info.

herberta13
11/12/15

cardpool made good on their cards with me it took a long had to stop payment with the card company it took a few months

traceyt11
11/7/15

I love buying gift cards from card pool, save lots of $$$$. The only downside is the cards look used of course but if they are for you to save $$ definitely worth buys!!! Love it

ronl24
10/20/15

I ordered a $#*!s Sporting Goods online gift card. I got a little worried, because after I did so I saw all of these horrible reviews. I thought I am about to get scammed, but to my surprise I got the code the next day and used it the same day without any problems. I then checked my credit card to make sure it was only used once and everything was fine. I will use this site again, and continue to do so until I have a problem. I will keep you posted if anything changes with my service and or credit card.

gloriad12
10/12/15

I have used this company now for several months and have been very satisfied with the service. My physical cards come within 6 days of ordering and I verified the amounts. There has never been a problem using them. Saves a lot of money!

mikes323
9/30/15

I learned about gift card exchanges earlier this year, while I mostly use Raise and really like them for how fast, new and refined they are. For the more limited selection of common gift cards I use Cardpool since they normally offer bigger discounts.
After verifying my account with them, I've sold 1 gift card and bought 7 with no issues ever. I mostly do the electronic ones and they're delivered quickly, I'm really surprised by all these bad reviews I wonder if I've gotten lucky or if they're mostly good and these folks got unlucky.

mazieb
9/29/15

I purchased 2 cards from them and both cards came as invalid when I tried to check out online. The cards were supposed to have $215.00 dollars on them.When I sent an email explaining the situation, all I got was a generic email saying they got my email. After that nothing. First thing in the morning I will be calling my card company and reporting fraud. Update: They finally fixed my order. I had to go thru hell to get it done. I still stand by my earlier assessment. Steer clear!

krisp29
9/29/15

Ordered a $200 gift card. 3 days later it was cancelled. Email was very vague and poorly worded with no reason for the cancellation. I'm questioning the legitimacy of this site, that now has my credit card info!

rosaliez
9/13/15

Firstly, I have never given a product or a business such a low review before. I understand everyone has bad days or bad luck. One bad experience doesn't mean a company is terrible, but in this case I really feel like they did everything in their power to make my experience crappy.

I thought the idea of cardpool sounding good, so I gave them a try. My first order seemed to go through, but I never received my ecards. After nearly 3 days of waiting and an email to their customer service, I was informed my card didn't go through. I tried another order but then received an email to call them to verify my info. A bit of a pain, but whatever. I called and spoke to Mary. She was pretty rude so I just decided to cancel my order.

I emailed customer support and told them what happened. I felt like my email was done in a kindly matter, but the reply I received was a generic one and the subject line had been altered to read 'Order #Hell.' Wow! Very professional. Definitely not worth the trouble or being mistreated by customer service. Stay away!!

angelar40
9/5/15

bought my gas card for 7 dollars less and it arrived pretty quickly and works, feel great about the savings, was scared by the reviews but this transaction worked well

jasonb162
8/24/15

My wife has been buying discounted gift cards from Cardpool on and off for a few years now. I finally asked her to please stop! 5 over the last few years have arrived with either the wrong amount or unable to use at all. Dealing with their customer service is mind numbingly painful and never satisfying. It's too bad because the idea is a good one

wess110
8/21/15

You can't contact them by phone, they don't email e-gift cards in the promised time, or reply to customer service support emails within the promised time (or at all sometimes).

roberts282
8/20/15

I received a bunch of gift cards from work over the past few months and needed cash not gift cards. I found Cardpool and saw that they had the highest cash back %. Said hey screw it and gave them a try. I sold $750 in cards and got about $650 cash. Entire process took about a week. The called me to verify my identity, just mailing address and how I got the cards. If I get any more will definitely be using this service again.

kalyann
8/18/15

I sold two Starbucks giftcards to Cardpool in exchange for Amazon giftcards. I made the transaction on the 15th, and they promptly sent me the codes on the 18th. Super fast deliver (at least for ecodes) and responsive customer service. Would recommend to people. I have never bought from them, but I have been extremely pleased with my selling experience so far.

mikeb200
8/17/15

i ordered gift cards, they charged my credit card and were holding the e cards hostage until they spoke to me. Their call center doesn't answer with a live operator and you have to leave a message and wait for a call back. Also, why limit customer service hours to Pacific time. Most of the population of the country lives in other time zones.

brookec8
8/14/15

I tried to do some research before ordering a target gift card off this site. Of course, a lot of the reviews are terrible and I figured well maybe it won't happen to me...... I ordered a physical card bc I had seen so many reviews about the e cards not being activated and figured i would try a physical card first. Well after three days the card is still "processing". No money has been taken from my bank. I even called my bank to let them know I had made the purchase, just incase they had a hold on it or something. Everything was clear on the banks side. I sent 3 emails asking why it was still processing and NO answer, surprising right?! I finally gave up today and emailed them to tell them to cancel it and not even 2 hours later I receive an email saying they cancelled the order. Obviously they didn't want my business, so I took it to raise. I ordered my first gc on raise today and got it with two minutes of the purchase. Don't waste your time and money on card pool!!! I would give them zero stars if I could!

dwfd
8/13/15

I initially ordered a $300 gift card for Target from Card Pool from $279, but after hearing that they sometimes require verification (which can be a bit invasive), I decided to cancel my order. I e-mailed them and received a prompt reply that my order was cancelled and my card would not be charged.

So, imagine my surprise, when my card was then charged for the $279 a week later and I received an e-mail saying my card had shipped! I e-mailed them again (would have called, except they don't appear to have a phone number) and received an e-mail 2 days later that they would "refund the money" but that it could take "up to 10 days."

I would DEFINITELY STAY AWAY from this company - they charged my card without permission, have no telephone number, and STILL have not refunded my money.

janm47
8/11/15

ordered a gift card for online says they deliver within 24 hours. Well they did not had to verify me so they did and then sent a email with the code went online to place my order with lowes and guess what the code does not work. I have emailed, I have called I have gone on facebook and twitter and bbb still no response form them. Next I guess rip off report and then my cc company to get my money back. I am going to post anywhere I can find about these scammers. And I think I will do it daily until I have my money back. wish I had checked them out before buying or I would not be writing this as the reviews are all terrible I would have run so fast had I taken a few minutes to see what others were saying. But live and learn. to bad for them I have a lot of friends that buy cards so will not be recommending these rip offs"

vivianc26
8/7/15

bought 9 cards, 2 came invalid , emailed and two days later sent "corrected' code, still didn't work, this time they refused to refund! stay away, this must be a scam

theodorew10
8/5/15

a lot of crap, my first order went fine 3-4 cards about 600.00, it was down hill from there, my second order never received, contracted them few time no help, contracted visa or m/c to get monies back, my order are not filled, my wife first 2 or 3 orders went well, 10 day to received cards us mail general mail, questionable to have 6 bills floating in general mail for that long, but now her orders are getting 3rd degree, placed order with another site no problem, better rates, card less the 30 minutes

georgel56
8/5/15

I had to spend $1300 on LL Beans, so I bought 2 e-gift cards; 1 was $7xx, and 1 was $5xx. The $5xx one ended up having an issue, so I contacted Cardpool and the representative said the card has to be "phone order" only so they can offer a refund or have me sort out on my end. The sale on LL Bean's website was about to be over, so I placed the order with the $5xx charged to my credit card in hope of getting the gift card resolved before they ship (they charge after shipping). The item went out of stock, and I waited 3 weeks and received a call saying the $5xx gift card was too suspicious and they cannot apply it. Cardpool refunded my money and I was ok.

I placed another $3xx order and bought from Cardpool to save money. It worked without an issue.

Lastly I bought a $1xx REI gift card, also no issue.

I think people giving bad reviews need to realize that Cardpool is probably not a big e-commerce merchant with sophisticated systems to deliver e-gift cards immediately. I really think they have few people checking emails and sending out codes manually. It's not Amazon.com or PayPal.com, so people really need to give it some slack. Just know that:

1) Don't expect quick turnaround on weekends, but unfortunately that's when most sales are.
2) If there is an issue, don't expect instantaneous support.
3) Don't buy a gift card and just sit on it. Use it immediately.

Overall, I'd buy from Cardpool again.

chads16
8/3/15

I mainly buy ecodes from them and only when I am going to buy something. Sometimes you get the ecode almost instantly, sometimes you get them the next day. If they can work on that I'd be more content.

evgenyg1
8/3/15

be ready to wait a long time, realy bad service

scottr53
8/1/15

Ha e tried these guys twice and they take hours to send you your e gift cards. Gczen, raise and others always send them t me instantly.

tt61
7/31/15

My first purchase went fine, I had the code within 1 hour. My 2nd purchase was the opposite. I had to answer security questions, verify my identity and had to talk to them on the phone and still no gift card. They get a lot of complaints on the BBB. Anymore and I think they'll be getting a BBB Alert, which is rare.

georgiat1
7/28/15

I made an online purchase for a eGift card just as the clock hit 1:00AM on early Sunday morning.

It is now Tuesday and they just got around to calling me for credit card verification around 12:30 after lunch and then it'll require another business day to forward it to the business unit to issue me my card number and password.

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!! They are manually going through the steps that any average dot.com online competitive company shells out the bucks to have a SW or automated system do.

They asked me to:
1. Verify my address
2. Provide the number on the back of the card
3. Provide a cross street to my address

Meanwhile espousing that THIS is for your protection... Yeah because every time I make a purchase NO ONE has ever taken 3 days to process the order.

These guys are a dot.com shack, STAY AWAY.

NO STARS!!!!!!!

kiemh
7/27/15

Scam....scam....scam..... be aware.....Promised delivery within 3-7 business day, after more than 3 weeks, cards never arrived, never refunded.
On Jul 1st, 2015 paid $ 68.04 for cards, waited more than 3 weeks, never received them. Never get any refund. Emails 4 times, only to say wait.Finally get my credit card involved for help. Stay away from this company.

shannanb
7/23/15

I just bought 2 target gift cards and had them within 10 Minutes.no complaints here :)

robertg119
7/22/15

I've ordered about 1000$ worth off cards this year from them this year and not one problem. Longest it took was a day and the fastest was five minutes. Odd to see such bad reviews.

caseys27
7/19/15

The company ripped me off and told me to recheck my balance.

davidg167
7/17/15

Put my gift card number to check the balance
they stole my my gift card
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynettet2
7/14/15

This is the scam if a lifetime. These people have no phone number and dont answer emails. I purchased 2 cards from them and changed my mind about the purchase before it was shipped. Tried to get a refund, no response.

I suggest you contact them on FACEBOOK and tell the world about their scams on their page, like I did. Also, your bank should be able to help you get your money back.

jedj4
7/9/15

I have $300 worth of gift cards I was going to sell to Carpool until I did some research about their reviews and changed my mind. The 1st red flag was no phone number for contacting them, I NEVER do business with anyone unless there is an address and phone number. Second red flag, no charge for postage, that's key to luring their customers in, thinking their getting more for their money. It's a gimmick, a ruse, smoke and mirrors, wake up people, use ur noggon!!! So to all u people on here complaining, shame on you for being scammed, but it's ur own fault. Does anyone know of a card company that isn't a scam?

michaell133
7/4/15

this past june my mom asked me if i wanted to throw in on my stepfathers fathers day gift i said sure but i wanted to offer up a way for everyone involved with the gift to save so i referred her to cardpool at first she didnt like it because there was no phone number to call to speak with anyone so she found a differen giftcard company,come to find out she did end up using cardpool after all and she told me she had not received her $5 credit,i said wait if you get 5 im suppose to get 5,i said you did use my referral link right? she assured me she did,i emailed cardpool about the credit several times and the first response was like the lady was trying to play dumb about,the 2nd email i had to spell it out for her,etc etc,whatever,3rd i had to send info about my moms referal link info and etc,then the last was them saying basically my mother lied to me and im out of luck.
im pi*sed nowe i use to love this company genuinely but now i dont,im going to remove all of my referal links off my social media accounts post warnings about cardpool,then im going to request the FTC and BBB to investigate cardpool and then im going to close my account
cardpool you have messed with the wrong little guy and my mother is not a liar

Tip for consumers: beware!

20 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
tammiek2
A: Retailmenot.com looks like they have some codes for raise.com.

I would not deal with Cardpool.
2 weeks ago