US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 58 reviews)

kb36

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. (in 20 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

michaelk70
10/22/14

SCAM SITE.. STAY AWAY.. SCAM SITE,.. STAY AWAY
I
can't even begin to express my level of anger and frustration with this company. I sent in 3 Shell Gas Cards (2 x $100, 1 x $25). I received an email stating that they could not verify the amount on my cards and therefore were sending them back to me. I received the cards back.. LESS THE $25.00 CARD !!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, all you have to do is go onto the website on the back of the gas card www.rpggiftcards.com/checkbalance .. and any idiot can see the current balance on the cards. I just did it for both of the cards returned to me and low and behold, both $100.00 cards show a $100.00 balance remaining.

Cardpool is a scam... they suck !!

It's not about the money... it's the principle.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY.. SCAM.. STAY AWAY !!!

alil14
10/21/14

I'm not sure why the reviews are so bad. I purchased gift cards from cardpool on 2 deferent occasions. Last year I purchased an Applebee's giftcard for a gift, it arrived within a week. Today I purchased New York & co electronic giftcard, which was emailed to me within 5 minutes from purchase. I had no issues at all using it. Will definitely use this website again!

donaldc24
10/16/14

Terrible customer service. Was contacted by customer service to confirm my order with some additional details. "No problem" I thought....except they never answer the phone! I finally got a hold of the one customer service rep (Amelia) and confirmed all my details only to receive an email that my order was cancelled,

Choose one of Cardpool's many competitors, you'll be glad you did.

colins34
10/7/14

Cardpool is terrible. I ordered a gift card and never got it. Tried 6 times now to get it, leaving vms, sending emails and talking in person with their reps.

satyav
10/3/14

cardpool customer service sucks. They don't show respect nor care for the customer. They have the worst customer service.....! When the order was placed, the e-gift was supposed to be delivered within one business day but after 2 days I got a call from customer service saying it's a verification call asking cross street #( some junk questions), etc...

My sincere advice to fellow customers, DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE.... stay away from cardpool.com

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from this site.

jayl123
9/3/14

Avoid this company like the plague. They have some of the worst business ethics and customer service of any new startup.

I placed an order on the 8/27/14, and they charged my credit card. I patiently waited for them to physically mail me a sheet of paper that had my gift card information (why they can't just send it electronically to save time is mind-boggling).

After about a week of waiting, I check my order history and find that nothing is there. Then, I received a refund on my credit card for the amount of the order. All of this without any notification or warning. Complete radio silence over the entire experience, leaving me waiting for over 2 weeks total for what I thought I had purchased.

This happened to me twice consecutively, and after this last time, I don't even want to waste anymore of my time or money on this company. Cardpool is a joke, go use Plastic Jungle or any other gift card exchange. It wouldn't take much for it to be an improvement over this establishment of neanderthals.

Tip for consumers: Use another gift card exchange, you'll save yourself time, money, and hassles.

ch9952
8/30/14

Sent proof to customer NO service of a referral who clicked and purchased but they refused to look into it and dismissed me entirely. Wrote to company and no response. Would not do business with again. Don't value customers.

janej32
8/30/14

SCAM ALERT!!! You call and it send you to voice mail. Really?? I was charged, and 3 days later, no info regarding shipment has been sent. The e-codes should have been sent within 1 day. I've received nothing. Emails are not answered either. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! Also, stay away from cardapex.com and giftcards.com!! Issues and sketchiness! I'm about to call my credit card company and report them.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

joea53
8/25/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM - Terrbile customer service, no phone number to contact and they never answer emails.

I repeat do not buy from here. They say one day - it takes about 5 days for a response and its automated. SCAMED ME OUT OF $400...

lc36
8/17/14

was leery due to neg reports but I sold three cards the first time and they were fast, efficient, and fair. They do ship bulk rate so check may take a few days, but not long. Was glad I didn't opt for the quicker papal pmt, where you get less for the cards. I sent three more after my first experience and had a very positive exp.

Tip for consumers: i had quick response to an email

joyb6
8/16/14

Never write reviews but this is a warning to stay away from this site!!! Bought an E-Card, they sent me the numbers and pin...did not work! They have no phone # so your at their mercy to write back. They insisted it was a good e-card and it worked for them...no. Warning do not use this site!!!

jasonp36
8/11/14

Was worried after reading the negitive reviews so I tried a small purchase of less than $20. Waited well over 24hours and NO EMAIL... NO CARD NUMBER... nothing! I even checked my spam filter and missed calls. I will not order anything from them again. Burned!

sandrac23
8/11/14

FRAUDULENT SITE. Promised delivery of my electronic gift cards within a day. Never got them and customer service hasn't responded in over a week!

dawnm27
8/7/14

Same issues as others and then some. Generally speaking, a first-time purchase is a bit of a hassle because there's a verification process. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem except that the verification questions (cross-streets, what year is my car, etc.) were COMPLETELY inaccurate with no way to select "none of these." There was no contact information in order to talk to someone on the phone, and that made me even more nervous. I asked them to cancel my order, which they did BUT WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE AFOREMENTIONED ISSUES. Won't use again. So far, I'm a fan of Raise.com.

stephaniew23
8/1/14

1 star = Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!
thought it was pretty simple... buy a couple electronic gift cards and within a day, I'd have them to use... WRONG. You have to go through so many steps. several hours after you buy, they call to confirm, ask you questions I've never had to answer before (cross street, 800#, etc).. they verified and said it would be sent via email shortly... NOPE- they then sent an email saying the card was unavailable... why wouldn't you just replace it with one that was the same amount??? there are plenty on the website equaling the same amount!! and now I can't use a promo code that I used with the order that is no longer available???? OH MY!!! this has been a HUGE hassle! Now I'm just trying to cancel all of my other orders because you've pissed me off and you're not letting me do that either....

jennieh5
7/30/14

The customer service is very rude. They had to verify my purchase. Asked for the phone number on my credit card and asked what's my nearest cross street. And the customer rep has the audacity to ask me "do you even live there???" The receive your gift card in one day is a total lie! Do not use this service!!! They are rude and liars! YOU WILL GET SCAMMED!!!!

jenniferx4
7/29/14

Card Pool allows you to sell your unused gift cards for cash! Up to 92% of the value to be exact. They also sell every gift card imaginable for a discounted price (up to 35% off) and honor free shipping and a 100 day purchase guarantee!

ashleyk17
7/29/14

was a little skeptical after reading the mixed reviews on here AFTER i sent out my gift card, so I was quite nervous that I had also been scammed like many others because of how long it had been taking to hear anything. I immediately sent out an email asking if they knew roughly how long it would take for them to "verify" my gift card. I received an email back the next day from a very polite customer service representative saying it should take 3-7 business days but could also take up to three weeks for them to receive it in the mail. She said they would be happy to help track it down if i had tracking information, which I didn't. I finally received an email yesterday stating that they received my gift card and would be sending out my check. crossing my fingers and hoping to receive it soon. I feel you should not trust selling or buying a gift card to/from them for more than $50-$75. Mine was a $30 Coach gift card.

troyt9
7/24/14

buyer beware!!! Cardpool is happy to take your money and not give you your purchase. I was promised my cards within one business day. I'm going on day 5 now, the funds (almost $400) have been withdrawn from my account and carpool will not email my cards. They don't answer their phone and only accept voice messages. I am only getting the runaround from them. I think this site is a scam. I would not recommend purchasing from them.

heleng19
7/16/14

I ordered JCPenney E-giftcard via Cardpool on 07/14/14. Right after I completed the order online, the confirmation email came in and stated the E-gift card will be emailed to me within 1 business day. However after 1 day there is nothing emailed me, so I sent an inquiry email. They respond back saying I should follow email direction to take action to verify the order. I forward them the order confirmation email I got which there in nothing there asking or directing for verify my order. Then they said they will let someone to call me to verify the order, but no one calls.
I sent complain email asking for get this resovled asap within 1 day, otherwise I have to call credit card report the fraud. Still no one contact me after my two emails inquiry. Today I will have to call credit card company reporting the fraud.

dd77
7/10/14

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! WHAT IS WORSE THAN MAKING A PURCHASE AND NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN BUT A CHARGE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD?!? THE "24 HOURS" ADVERTISED FOR RECEIVING ONLINE GIFT CARDS IS TOTALLY FRAUDULENT. THEIR AUTOMATED EMAILED RESPONSES ARE STALLING TACTICS. THERE IS NO CONTACT NUMBER TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE. I HAVE BEEN FRAUDED- AS IT SEEMS SO MANY OTHERS--AND SO WILL YOU...LET'S BLOG BLOG BLOG UNTIL THEY ARE JAILED.

markk43
7/7/14

I've bought electronic gift cards from Card Pool on two different occasions and have been completely satisfied. The first card I bought on a weekend and it arrived on the next Monday and the card that I bought today (Monday) was in my inbox in under 15 minutes. I haven't bought any physical gift cards or sold them any, but so far so good with the electronic gift cards.

terris9
7/6/14

O stars, there is no phone number to reach these people.... If you have a problem you are screwed. I've sent two emails with no response...scam!!!

jamesm182
7/2/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM. they stole my giftcards. got a phone call saying the received them. went on their website and logged in and still says they did not. no check nobody answering emails. total scam. stay away. i just want my check or my cards back.

christ2191
7/1/14

I was using the site to sell 3 gift cards. I input the required information and was given 2 options. The first provided a higher sell rate but sent a check by mail 10- 14 days. The second option provided instant access to funds but provided a slightly lower rate of return. I provided a credit card to receive payment. I double check everything and selected instant access. The system switched me the 1st and with lower return as if i had gotten instant access. There is no one call at the company. i would not recommend this site.

stevem128
6/29/14

The discounts are appropriate for the demand, i.e. higher demand cards like Lowes & Home Depot aren't discounted as much. But don't buy an electronic card if you need it the next day or two, especially for example ordering on a Thursday and expecting it Friday. Their "one business" day must be some Mars 48-64 hour business day. You won't catch that last minute sale over the weekend with their cards if you expect to use Cardpool. You would expect an online only company can process online only transaction in 24 hours regardless of day of the week. And yes, no phone support.

jessicam63
6/27/14

Bought a Home Depot E-Card - came 2 days later.. not a big deal but they do say it will be 1 business day. I received a call from them prior to getting my card in an email that really made me a little uncomfortable. They were calling to verify the purchase - they asked me the address used to purchase, what the 1-800 number was on the back of my card that was used and a major crossroad near my address. If I had committed fraud that is all information that I could of obtained - I didn't see the point of them asking any of that. The rep who I was speaking to was not very friendly but that's not really the point I guess - I'll just leave the review with everything worked out fine but It definitely made me uneasy.

aliviab
6/20/14

I could not be happier with the service and the price when selling my gift cards. I was kept up to date on every transaction every step of the way. I am thrilled that I could turn worthless (to me) cards into cash to spend anywhere I chose. I would and already have recommended Cardpool to the bank teller who cashed my checks and to my granddaughter who has some she doesn't use. When I recommend an entity to someone I love (the granddaughter) you know it's a great company!

bradm20
6/19/14

I sent them my cards which was delivered to them on wednesday, they sent me an e-mail the same day with my amazon.com gift card code the same day. Excellent service, problem free transaction.

loric34
6/18/14

Sold a couple of gift cards to cardpool.com. Got a phone call a few days letter asking where I had gotten the cards. Explained that I had won them and could provide documentation. They said that everything was fine. Then a week later I get an abrupt email that they were cancelling the transaction and were sending the cards back and that they were not going to disclose why. Made me feel like a criminal. I was honest and forthcoming and said that I could email them the letter that came with the cards and direct them to the website listing my name as the winner of the cards.

erict32
6/17/14

sold a gamestop giftcard to them, opted for an amazon giftcard as payment because it said code emailed within 1 business day. well it took almost a week, during that time i emailed the support department twice, no response. would not ever use again, heard of many people being scammed by them.

sierram2
6/12/14

Purchased an e gift card online, Cardpool said it would take 1 business day to send code to email, but I did not receive it until two and a half days later. Customer service reps are rude, very unfriendly and impersonal.

datrockerguyh
5/9/14

Sent in one of my gift cards to Cardpool via mail with their free shipping label on a Friday. Received my check by mail the following Friday. Overall easy and simple experience. I recommend selling your gift cards to them.

danielnjacquelined
4/23/14

We are giving them 5 stars because the site works just as promised. We had never sold a gift card online before so we were a little worried. We had a gift card for $400. We sold Cardpool our gift card, entered it electronically, received an email immediately with a promise to send the check after our card number was verified. Even though it was after 10 at night, we received a follow-up email 20 minutes later stating that our card had been verified and that our check was on the way. Email said that check would be sent in 5-7 business days. We received it in 5 days. Yay!

yaab
4/10/14

I ordered a card online and was promised a card within 24 hours. I never got the card or my almost $48 that I spent on the card.I called, emailed and everything in the book. Still no reply. My next step is to get a lawyer and put a stop to all this nonsense.

pauln33
4/10/14

They took my gift cards never received my money, it has been 2 months and no check, they will not even return emails, I was scammed.

seanm59
4/4/14

Cardpool is a JOKE!!!!! Check the BBB and they have TONS of complaints filed on them. They will fill orders here and there but have more complaints than positive for sure. I had to file a complaint with BBB and have my attorney send a letter just to get my e gift card from them. They run the business from a UPS Store rented mailbox, that should be the first clue!!!

Go elsewhere unless you like to gamble because the house always wins!!!

barrys21
3/27/14

Promised delivery of Wall Mart e-card in 24 hours. Seven days later no e-card and no response to my e-mails. Will charge back on my credit card!

judyb22
3/26/14

I have been buying gift cards from them for 3 years now and I can think of any bad deals with them. Yes, at times the mailing is slow but if you order e-card from
them I have gotten them the next day

monettec1
3/26/14

I SENT CARDPOOL $900 IN SAKS FIFTH AVENUE G/C. I WOKE UP AND HAD A WEIRD FEELING ABOUT THIS; WENT TO THIES SITE; EAD THE REVIEWS, CALLED SAKS AND CANCELED THEM RIGHT AWAY! THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS!

christiang21
3/24/14

I have only purchased gift cards and they are a little slow to ship BUT I've always gotten exactly what I ordered. The cards have been perfect as well. I've used cardpool repeatedly with no issues. The issues seem to be more with the selling aspect but I definitely recommend buying their discounted cards.

michikam
3/22/14

I purchased a $130 amount of Macy's e gift card.Their discount rate 10% was actually better than others. They informed that I would get an email had an e gift card number within 24 hours. This was my first experience to buy discounted cards. I noticed that a transaction was in pending on my bank account. My order was placed at 10 am, they gave me a call at 4:30 pm, that was to verify I am the account holder. Next day I tried to get them back, but my calls were forwarded to voice mails. I didn't hear them back, so I regretted and worried very much. I could finally reach to a customer service. She was very unfriendly, sounded like hating the job. She verified me with few questions. The transaction was cleared after the verification. Although I was impressed with that, they didn't prepared a decent customer support at all, super slow responses were so frustrating. I don't really think that I would be going back. I gave 2 stars, one was for the better discount rate and the other one was for the secured verification.

zachh6
3/21/14

I don't have experience with buying cards from this site. But I just electronically gave them my target gift cards for amazon.com gift cards and received the amazon gift card 12 hours later. My overall total card amount was only 50 dollars too. I know the reviews look bad but when electronically sending and receiving cards I had no problems.

lilya6
3/21/14

bunch of bull, DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM! It has been weeks and I havent not received the giftcard but my credit card has already been charged. No communication only a generic reply "due to back log from holiday season blah blah" STAY AWAY!

kinkink
3/19/14

Wish I have check the reviews before the purchase from card pool. However first time purchase was successful . Made the second purchase paid 172.00 for a 190.00 lowes card on 03/11/14. After 2 days no reply no nothing . Then I found out there's no number to call and it makes worry a bit. No choice so send them an e mail ,got a sample reply saying they are so busy due to post holidays sale. ( Holiday ) ? This is March what holiday , send them 2 more e mail and they told me that they have issue a refund on 04/14 but I check on line with my bank after 3 days . Still no show of my refund yet. At this point I wish myself good luck and keep waiting
My advise at least find a company that has a number to call or someone to talk
This company has no number and it makes you think what company has no phone for customer to call or simply they just don't want to talk to you !
Stay away from this.

davidj76
3/19/14

I send a card to them a week ago and they promised 24hr term around. A week later I contacted them and got a canned email that dispute their claims they were at least 2 weeks behind in opening mail because of "Christmas rush" hey guys it is the end of MARCH.
I think they are a scam and will be filing complaints with the BBB, California Attorney General's fraud office and the SF County Attorney's office. Beware!!!!

jeremyc28
3/19/14

ATTENTION: CARDPOOL IS A PO BOX FRONT FOR BLACKHAWK AND SAFEWAY. THATS WHO OWNS CARDPOOL SO COMPLAIN TO THEM. ITS A MADEUP SERVICE LIKE PAYPAL IS TO EBAY. BLACKHAWK MADE THE CARDS THAT SAFEWAY SHOVES IN YOUR FACE ETC. THEIR THE WORST BUSINESS IVE EVER DEALT WITH.

barbarab36
3/17/14

Since the beginning of 2014 I started to purchase giftcards from Cardpool. My purchases were under $30 per card and had no issues. In late Feb. had an incident that I received a gift card about two weeks after placing an order. Now, I ordered an Starbucks e-gift card which is a paper card. I received it in the proper amount of time but I got a piece of paper with a picture from starbucks but not numbers, no barcode, nothing. So how am I suppose to use this? The lack of a customer service number is just unacceptable. There are many other gift card retailers that provide better service, a delivery confirmation number and a customer service number. I won't be using Cardpool anymore, not worth the hassle.

soniar3
3/16/14

I have had nothing but a good experience with this company. Sold a few cards to them and have had no problems at all. I am surprised at some of the negative reviews because me personally had such nothing but a positive experience with them. I hope my review helps!!

kb36
3/16/14

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. Today I tried to use the gift code at the Amazon site and they did not recognize it. I typed it in using caps, no caps, dash, no dash--nothing worked. So lesson learned. * Update: I really need to apologize to Cardpool. I did not read the code correctly, mistaking an 8 for a B. When Cardpool replied to my email and explained my error I felt like an idiot. But most importantly, the new code worked just fine and I was able to make a purchase at Amazon.