US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 61 reviews)

kb36

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. (in 22 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 37 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

paulc117
11/23/14

Was doing great for a while ... then one order didn't come through ... Place several others that came through .. Now - Another order NOT coming through!!! Emailed CardPool ... automated message reply ... but NO help! Contacted BlackHawk Network ... The Parent company of CardPool at (925) 226-9990 they said they would Contact CardPool ans ask somebody to Fill these orders ... 3 days later ... Nothing so far and NO response from CardPool ... AVOID this Gift card Company!!!!

Tip for consumers: Contact BlackHawk Network ... The Parent company of CardPool at (925) 226-9990 ... If you have problems ... at least you can get a person to talk too!

cynthiar13
11/23/14

I am shocked at these bad reviews. I am a buyer, not a seller, so I can't comment on that part of the business. However, I have been buying gift cards from different discount places for years and Cardpool is by far the best. It is so good, it is the only place I buy from now. They give a 100 day guarantee on the cards and I have taken advantage of that only because I give them as gifts and sometimes I will get a card I can't send. I give them to my nephew and nieces and their mother knows I buy them on the 2nd market. If she ever had a problem using them, she would tell me. My credit card is credited immediately when I send one back. Whenever I have e-mailed them, they are prompt and cordial.

Tip for consumers: Just remember you have a 100 day guarantee when purchasing and check the balances when you get them.

hait6
11/22/14

I can't even give them any star. I believe this is how this company make money. They take your card sell them when a buyer bought your card. then they sent you a check. I have sent them my unwanted gift cards. Take them over two to process, but I get my gift card back in another two week later. Said they unable to process my order. Give me no other reason.

Tip for consumers: Go Raise.com List your card your self sell it, and they send you a check or deposit your money in 3 days.

sunnyg2
11/19/14

I ordered 8 cards and they arrived in 4 days.
I am very pleased and would recommend to everyone.
I don't agree with the negative reviews. My experience has been 5 star!!!

kendallk7
11/18/14

The positive reviews on here are from people who work there...NOT actual customers. That gives you even more insight to what a scam this company is.

This company is a joke and no one can figure out how they're still "in business." They will take your money then never deliver your gift card. If you email them, you get a standard reply saying they will get to you in 24 hours, but never do. if you report them to the BBB, they just say "This customer's account has been closed by our risk department, so were not able to accept these orders. Per our policy, our customer support team prioritizes only those requests from customers whose accounts remain in good standing."
or
"We understand the frustration of the customer about not receiving their intended order. According to our terms and conditions of our "Refer a Friend" program, the customer did not comply with everything that was listed."

It's shocking how not a single person gets what they ordered from them.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!! 100% COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT

tracien
11/17/14

If I could give a negative I would. Shame on me for not reading the reviews. Everything people talked about happened to me. They did not answer the phone call. No "verification" email came. No one called me like they promised but guess what there is more! The charged my account on 11/13 for the amount w/o verification. The verification is obviously a ruse to keep onto your money/gift card.

May you guys rot in hell. You guys picked the wrong person to do this to. Am disputing the charge.

11/13/2014 Thursday
Ordered discounted Pottery Barn E-Gift card at 6:39 Pacific Time. Was promised that the E-Gift card would arrive within 24 hours.
www.cardpool.com

11/13/2014 charge was assessed 669.79
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

AS of 11/17/2016 - No one has called to "verify" information and still no E-Gift card

11/14/29014
6:00am
I emailed the company (there is no phone number) wondering when the E-Gift email for Pottery Barn would arrive.

11:47am
I emailed the company again stating that I had not heard back and that my expectation is I would have received it by now. I also stated that I wanted to put in an order at Pottery Barn and did not want to miss the sale. And that I was not feeling warm and fuzzy about the transaction

12:03pm
I emailed the Parent company Blackhawk Network who owns cardpool after I had done some research. I also cc'd support@cardpool again.
12:12pm
Blackhawk returned the email stating that cardpool had 24 hours to email the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn. (Alexandria Rogers CR Blackhawk)
3:16pm
Received email from support@cardpool.com (Theana) that apologized for the delay in responding to the email. Through research on the Internet, this is a common ploy they used. They also stated the following:
"
We apologize for the delay in responding to your email as our support center has been handling a much higher volume of requests than normal. Our records show you should have received an e-mail shortly after placing your order with the subject "Verification Required For Your Cardpool Order."

In order to prevent identity and credit card theft, we sometimes require a one-time verification process for accounts. In that e-mail, there are instructions on how to verify the order.

If you do not believe you received the verification e-mail, please let us know and we can opt to have one of our verification specialists call to verify your order. "

T - I had not received any email from them asking for verification and I was receiving their canned response emails just fine.

3:51pm
I sent support@cardpool.com an email stating that I had not received no verification. I also gave my phone number to call and they did not.

3:56
Through research in viewing customers complaints on this company, I found a phone number 415-418-8787 and left a voice mail. No one called me back.

4:00pm
I sent another email giving another phone number for them to call me. They did not

4:08
I sent another email to BH Customer Service BH.CustomerService@bhnetwork.com and cc'd support@cardpool.com and stated that they might want to check their system on why it is not sending out emails. I also stated that my expectation is I receive this by 6:40pm on Friday 11/14/2014, that would have been 24 hours and noone called.

11/17/2014 8:33am
As of today, noone has called to "verify me" nor have I received the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn.
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

I am disputing this charge and want it removed. Did not receive

UPDATE
11/26/2014 10:48am
Again I stated you picked the wrong person to do this to. I disputed the charge and told cardpool this. They finally credited me back the funds. As for you users who give them five starts and disagree with the negative reviews, you are in the minority.
The tip is always pay with a credit card and not a check or auto charge from checking account. If you pay by credit card and I realize this is not always possible. You have 60days to dispute the charge. If you do not receive the E-Gift card within 24 hours and that is a joke, it takes one hour and less, then run do not walk to your cc bank and dispute the charge.

Lets shut them down

Tip for consumers: Run Forest Run

garenc
11/11/14

Sadly, after a couple of perfectly fine experiences, I had two epic fails. Orders were not fulfilled, customer service took a week to respond, and then the answers back are simply nonsensical. Sad, because the concept is great, but these folks seem to be processing orders on index cards, or have no internal inventory or system controls. I suggest staying away, and I seldom leave negative reviews.

barbarav13
11/7/14

I have purchased from Cardpool 4 times so far, and I have been very happy. Fast free shipping to me. Saved a lot of money. All cards arrived - checked balances and all seems to be as sold. I am very pleased with what I have done. I see all the negative reviews after I purchased all these items, I hope more will review them who have good experiences. It seems only the unhappy ones do the reviews.

charlieb51
10/30/14

Yesterday I sold some old gift cards to Cardpool. After reading the negative reviews on this site, as well as the fact that their process requires you to just blindly trust them, I was incredibly leery.
They came through though. I uploaded the codes in the afternoon, received a phone call a couple hours later where I verified some info, and got my amazon gift card for the full amount emailed to me before I went to bed.
It couldn't have been an easier transaction.
I cant speak for what happened to other people, but for me it was excellent.

michaelk70
10/22/14

SCAM SITE.. STAY AWAY.. SCAM SITE,.. STAY AWAY
I
can't even begin to express my level of anger and frustration with this company. I sent in 3 Shell Gas Cards (2 x $100, 1 x $25). I received an email stating that they could not verify the amount on my cards and therefore were sending them back to me. I received the cards back.. LESS THE $25.00 CARD !!!!!!!!!!!

Furthermore, all you have to do is go onto the website on the back of the gas card www.rpggiftcards.com/checkbalance .. and any idiot can see the current balance on the cards. I just did it for both of the cards returned to me and low and behold, both $100.00 cards show a $100.00 balance remaining.

Cardpool is a scam... they suck !!

It's not about the money... it's the principle.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY.. SCAM.. STAY AWAY !!!

alil14
10/21/14

I'm not sure why the reviews are so bad. I purchased gift cards from cardpool on 2 deferent occasions. Last year I purchased an Applebee's giftcard for a gift, it arrived within a week. Today I purchased New York & co electronic giftcard, which was emailed to me within 5 minutes from purchase. I had no issues at all using it. Will definitely use this website again!

donaldc24
10/16/14

Terrible customer service. Was contacted by customer service to confirm my order with some additional details. "No problem" I thought....except they never answer the phone! I finally got a hold of the one customer service rep (Amelia) and confirmed all my details only to receive an email that my order was cancelled,

Choose one of Cardpool's many competitors, you'll be glad you did.

colins34
10/7/14

Cardpool is terrible. I ordered a gift card and never got it. Tried 6 times now to get it, leaving vms, sending emails and talking in person with their reps.

satyav
10/3/14

cardpool customer service sucks. They don't show respect nor care for the customer. They have the worst customer service.....! When the order was placed, the e-gift was supposed to be delivered within one business day but after 2 days I got a call from customer service saying it's a verification call asking cross street #( some junk questions), etc...

My sincere advice to fellow customers, DON'T BUY FROM THIS SITE.... stay away from cardpool.com

Tip for consumers: Don't buy from this site.

jayl123
9/3/14

Avoid this company like the plague. They have some of the worst business ethics and customer service of any new startup.

I placed an order on the 8/27/14, and they charged my credit card. I patiently waited for them to physically mail me a sheet of paper that had my gift card information (why they can't just send it electronically to save time is mind-boggling).

After about a week of waiting, I check my order history and find that nothing is there. Then, I received a refund on my credit card for the amount of the order. All of this without any notification or warning. Complete radio silence over the entire experience, leaving me waiting for over 2 weeks total for what I thought I had purchased.

This happened to me twice consecutively, and after this last time, I don't even want to waste anymore of my time or money on this company. Cardpool is a joke, go use Plastic Jungle or any other gift card exchange. It wouldn't take much for it to be an improvement over this establishment of neanderthals.

Tip for consumers: Use another gift card exchange, you'll save yourself time, money, and hassles.

ch9952
8/30/14

Sent proof to customer NO service of a referral who clicked and purchased but they refused to look into it and dismissed me entirely. Wrote to company and no response. Would not do business with again. Don't value customers.

janej32
8/30/14

SCAM ALERT!!! You call and it send you to voice mail. Really?? I was charged, and 3 days later, no info regarding shipment has been sent. The e-codes should have been sent within 1 day. I've received nothing. Emails are not answered either. DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!! Also, stay away from cardapex.com and giftcards.com!! Issues and sketchiness! I'm about to call my credit card company and report them.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!

joea53
8/25/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM - Terrbile customer service, no phone number to contact and they never answer emails.

I repeat do not buy from here. They say one day - it takes about 5 days for a response and its automated. SCAMED ME OUT OF $400...

lc36
8/17/14

was leery due to neg reports but I sold three cards the first time and they were fast, efficient, and fair. They do ship bulk rate so check may take a few days, but not long. Was glad I didn't opt for the quicker papal pmt, where you get less for the cards. I sent three more after my first experience and had a very positive exp.

Tip for consumers: i had quick response to an email

joyb6
8/16/14

Never write reviews but this is a warning to stay away from this site!!! Bought an E-Card, they sent me the numbers and pin...did not work! They have no phone # so your at their mercy to write back. They insisted it was a good e-card and it worked for them...no. Warning do not use this site!!!

jasonp36
8/11/14

Was worried after reading the negitive reviews so I tried a small purchase of less than $20. Waited well over 24hours and NO EMAIL... NO CARD NUMBER... nothing! I even checked my spam filter and missed calls. I will not order anything from them again. Burned!

sandrac23
8/11/14

FRAUDULENT SITE. Promised delivery of my electronic gift cards within a day. Never got them and customer service hasn't responded in over a week!

dawnm27
8/7/14

Same issues as others and then some. Generally speaking, a first-time purchase is a bit of a hassle because there's a verification process. Normally, this wouldn't be a problem except that the verification questions (cross-streets, what year is my car, etc.) were COMPLETELY inaccurate with no way to select "none of these." There was no contact information in order to talk to someone on the phone, and that made me even more nervous. I asked them to cancel my order, which they did BUT WITHOUT ADDRESSING THE AFOREMENTIONED ISSUES. Won't use again. So far, I'm a fan of Raise.com.

stephaniew23
8/1/14

1 star = Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!
thought it was pretty simple... buy a couple electronic gift cards and within a day, I'd have them to use... WRONG. You have to go through so many steps. several hours after you buy, they call to confirm, ask you questions I've never had to answer before (cross street, 800#, etc).. they verified and said it would be sent via email shortly... NOPE- they then sent an email saying the card was unavailable... why wouldn't you just replace it with one that was the same amount??? there are plenty on the website equaling the same amount!! and now I can't use a promo code that I used with the order that is no longer available???? OH MY!!! this has been a HUGE hassle! Now I'm just trying to cancel all of my other orders because you've pissed me off and you're not letting me do that either....

jennieh5
7/30/14

The customer service is very rude. They had to verify my purchase. Asked for the phone number on my credit card and asked what's my nearest cross street. And the customer rep has the audacity to ask me "do you even live there???" The receive your gift card in one day is a total lie! Do not use this service!!! They are rude and liars! YOU WILL GET SCAMMED!!!!

jenniferx4
7/29/14

Card Pool allows you to sell your unused gift cards for cash! Up to 92% of the value to be exact. They also sell every gift card imaginable for a discounted price (up to 35% off) and honor free shipping and a 100 day purchase guarantee!

ashleyk17
7/29/14

was a little skeptical after reading the mixed reviews on here AFTER i sent out my gift card, so I was quite nervous that I had also been scammed like many others because of how long it had been taking to hear anything. I immediately sent out an email asking if they knew roughly how long it would take for them to "verify" my gift card. I received an email back the next day from a very polite customer service representative saying it should take 3-7 business days but could also take up to three weeks for them to receive it in the mail. She said they would be happy to help track it down if i had tracking information, which I didn't. I finally received an email yesterday stating that they received my gift card and would be sending out my check. crossing my fingers and hoping to receive it soon. I feel you should not trust selling or buying a gift card to/from them for more than $50-$75. Mine was a $30 Coach gift card.

troyt9
7/24/14

buyer beware!!! Cardpool is happy to take your money and not give you your purchase. I was promised my cards within one business day. I'm going on day 5 now, the funds (almost $400) have been withdrawn from my account and carpool will not email my cards. They don't answer their phone and only accept voice messages. I am only getting the runaround from them. I think this site is a scam. I would not recommend purchasing from them.

heleng19
7/16/14

I ordered JCPenney E-giftcard via Cardpool on 07/14/14. Right after I completed the order online, the confirmation email came in and stated the E-gift card will be emailed to me within 1 business day. However after 1 day there is nothing emailed me, so I sent an inquiry email. They respond back saying I should follow email direction to take action to verify the order. I forward them the order confirmation email I got which there in nothing there asking or directing for verify my order. Then they said they will let someone to call me to verify the order, but no one calls.
I sent complain email asking for get this resovled asap within 1 day, otherwise I have to call credit card report the fraud. Still no one contact me after my two emails inquiry. Today I will have to call credit card company reporting the fraud.

dd77
7/10/14

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!!! WHAT IS WORSE THAN MAKING A PURCHASE AND NOT GETTING ANYTHING IN RETURN BUT A CHARGE ON YOUR CREDIT CARD?!? THE "24 HOURS" ADVERTISED FOR RECEIVING ONLINE GIFT CARDS IS TOTALLY FRAUDULENT. THEIR AUTOMATED EMAILED RESPONSES ARE STALLING TACTICS. THERE IS NO CONTACT NUMBER TO SPEAK WITH ANYONE. I HAVE BEEN FRAUDED- AS IT SEEMS SO MANY OTHERS--AND SO WILL YOU...LET'S BLOG BLOG BLOG UNTIL THEY ARE JAILED.

markk43
7/7/14

I've bought electronic gift cards from Card Pool on two different occasions and have been completely satisfied. The first card I bought on a weekend and it arrived on the next Monday and the card that I bought today (Monday) was in my inbox in under 15 minutes. I haven't bought any physical gift cards or sold them any, but so far so good with the electronic gift cards.

terris9
7/6/14

O stars, there is no phone number to reach these people.... If you have a problem you are screwed. I've sent two emails with no response...scam!!!

jamesm182
7/2/14

SCAM SCAM SCAM. they stole my giftcards. got a phone call saying the received them. went on their website and logged in and still says they did not. no check nobody answering emails. total scam. stay away. i just want my check or my cards back.

christ2191
7/1/14

I was using the site to sell 3 gift cards. I input the required information and was given 2 options. The first provided a higher sell rate but sent a check by mail 10- 14 days. The second option provided instant access to funds but provided a slightly lower rate of return. I provided a credit card to receive payment. I double check everything and selected instant access. The system switched me the 1st and with lower return as if i had gotten instant access. There is no one call at the company. i would not recommend this site.

stevem128
6/29/14

The discounts are appropriate for the demand, i.e. higher demand cards like Lowes & Home Depot aren't discounted as much. But don't buy an electronic card if you need it the next day or two, especially for example ordering on a Thursday and expecting it Friday. Their "one business" day must be some Mars 48-64 hour business day. You won't catch that last minute sale over the weekend with their cards if you expect to use Cardpool. You would expect an online only company can process online only transaction in 24 hours regardless of day of the week. And yes, no phone support.

jessicam63
6/27/14

Bought a Home Depot E-Card - came 2 days later.. not a big deal but they do say it will be 1 business day. I received a call from them prior to getting my card in an email that really made me a little uncomfortable. They were calling to verify the purchase - they asked me the address used to purchase, what the 1-800 number was on the back of my card that was used and a major crossroad near my address. If I had committed fraud that is all information that I could of obtained - I didn't see the point of them asking any of that. The rep who I was speaking to was not very friendly but that's not really the point I guess - I'll just leave the review with everything worked out fine but It definitely made me uneasy.

aliviab
6/20/14

I could not be happier with the service and the price when selling my gift cards. I was kept up to date on every transaction every step of the way. I am thrilled that I could turn worthless (to me) cards into cash to spend anywhere I chose. I would and already have recommended Cardpool to the bank teller who cashed my checks and to my granddaughter who has some she doesn't use. When I recommend an entity to someone I love (the granddaughter) you know it's a great company!

bradm20
6/19/14

I sent them my cards which was delivered to them on wednesday, they sent me an e-mail the same day with my amazon.com gift card code the same day. Excellent service, problem free transaction.

loric34
6/18/14

Sold a couple of gift cards to cardpool.com. Got a phone call a few days letter asking where I had gotten the cards. Explained that I had won them and could provide documentation. They said that everything was fine. Then a week later I get an abrupt email that they were cancelling the transaction and were sending the cards back and that they were not going to disclose why. Made me feel like a criminal. I was honest and forthcoming and said that I could email them the letter that came with the cards and direct them to the website listing my name as the winner of the cards.

erict32
6/17/14

sold a gamestop giftcard to them, opted for an amazon giftcard as payment because it said code emailed within 1 business day. well it took almost a week, during that time i emailed the support department twice, no response. would not ever use again, heard of many people being scammed by them.

sierram2
6/12/14

Purchased an e gift card online, Cardpool said it would take 1 business day to send code to email, but I did not receive it until two and a half days later. Customer service reps are rude, very unfriendly and impersonal.

datrockerguyh
5/9/14

Sent in one of my gift cards to Cardpool via mail with their free shipping label on a Friday. Received my check by mail the following Friday. Overall easy and simple experience. I recommend selling your gift cards to them.

danielnjacquelined
4/23/14

We are giving them 5 stars because the site works just as promised. We had never sold a gift card online before so we were a little worried. We had a gift card for $400. We sold Cardpool our gift card, entered it electronically, received an email immediately with a promise to send the check after our card number was verified. Even though it was after 10 at night, we received a follow-up email 20 minutes later stating that our card had been verified and that our check was on the way. Email said that check would be sent in 5-7 business days. We received it in 5 days. Yay!

yaab
4/10/14

I ordered a card online and was promised a card within 24 hours. I never got the card or my almost $48 that I spent on the card.I called, emailed and everything in the book. Still no reply. My next step is to get a lawyer and put a stop to all this nonsense.

pauln33
4/10/14

They took my gift cards never received my money, it has been 2 months and no check, they will not even return emails, I was scammed.

seanm59
4/4/14

Cardpool is a JOKE!!!!! Check the BBB and they have TONS of complaints filed on them. They will fill orders here and there but have more complaints than positive for sure. I had to file a complaint with BBB and have my attorney send a letter just to get my e gift card from them. They run the business from a UPS Store rented mailbox, that should be the first clue!!!

Go elsewhere unless you like to gamble because the house always wins!!!

barrys21
3/27/14

Promised delivery of Wall Mart e-card in 24 hours. Seven days later no e-card and no response to my e-mails. Will charge back on my credit card!

judyb22
3/26/14

I have been buying gift cards from them for 3 years now and I can think of any bad deals with them. Yes, at times the mailing is slow but if you order e-card from
them I have gotten them the next day

monettec1
3/26/14

I SENT CARDPOOL $900 IN SAKS FIFTH AVENUE G/C. I WOKE UP AND HAD A WEIRD FEELING ABOUT THIS; WENT TO THIES SITE; EAD THE REVIEWS, CALLED SAKS AND CANCELED THEM RIGHT AWAY! THANKS FOR THE WARNINGS!

christiang21
3/24/14

I have only purchased gift cards and they are a little slow to ship BUT I've always gotten exactly what I ordered. The cards have been perfect as well. I've used cardpool repeatedly with no issues. The issues seem to be more with the selling aspect but I definitely recommend buying their discounted cards.