US Government's NSF

268 Bush St., #3744
San Francisco, CA 94104, USA
Tel: +1.9252269990
support@cardpool.com

People interested in Cardpool are also interested in:

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

ronk

Cardpool offers the simplest way to save money by buying and selling gift cards. (in 75 reviews)

kb36

I sent in my gift card and received an Amazon gift card code via email with in 24 hours as promised. (in 24 reviews)

pamalak

Good discounts, GOOD, FRIENDLY, POLITE, PROMPT CUSTOMER SERVICE. (in 41 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

georgiat1
7/28/15

I made an online purchase for a eGift card just as the clock hit 1:00AM on early Sunday morning.

It is now Tuesday and they just got around to calling me for credit card verification around 12:30 after lunch and then it'll require another business day to forward it to the business unit to issue me my card number and password.

WHAT?!?!?!??!?!?!! They are manually going through the steps that any average dot.com online competitive company shells out the bucks to have a SW or automated system do.

They asked me to:
1. Verify my address
2. Provide the number on the back of the card
3. Provide a cross street to my address

Meanwhile espousing that THIS is for your protection... Yeah because every time I make a purchase NO ONE has ever taken 3 days to process the order.

These guys are a dot.com shack, STAY AWAY.

NO STARS!!!!!!!

kiemh
7/27/15

Scam....scam....scam..... be aware.....Promised delivery within 3-7 business day, after more than 3 weeks, cards never arrived, never refunded.
On Jul 1st, 2015 paid $ 68.04 for cards, waited more than 3 weeks, never received them. Never get any refund. Emails 4 times, only to say wait.Finally get my credit card involved for help. Stay away from this company.

shannanb
7/23/15

I just bought 2 target gift cards and had them within 10 Minutes.no complaints here :)

robertg119
7/22/15

I've ordered about 1000$ worth off cards this year from them this year and not one problem. Longest it took was a day and the fastest was five minutes. Odd to see such bad reviews.

caseys27
7/19/15

The company ripped me off and told me to recheck my balance.

davidg167
7/17/15

Put my gift card number to check the balance
they stole my my gift card
BEWARE !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
THIEVES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

lynettet2
7/14/15

This is the scam if a lifetime. These people have no phone number and dont answer emails. I purchased 2 cards from them and changed my mind about the purchase before it was shipped. Tried to get a refund, no response.

I suggest you contact them on FACEBOOK and tell the world about their scams on their page, like I did. Also, your bank should be able to help you get your money back.

jedj4
7/9/15

I have $300 worth of gift cards I was going to sell to Carpool until I did some research about their reviews and changed my mind. The 1st red flag was no phone number for contacting them, I NEVER do business with anyone unless there is an address and phone number. Second red flag, no charge for postage, that's key to luring their customers in, thinking their getting more for their money. It's a gimmick, a ruse, smoke and mirrors, wake up people, use ur noggon!!! So to all u people on here complaining, shame on you for being scammed, but it's ur own fault. Does anyone know of a card company that isn't a scam?

michaell133
7/4/15

this past june my mom asked me if i wanted to throw in on my stepfathers fathers day gift i said sure but i wanted to offer up a way for everyone involved with the gift to save so i referred her to cardpool at first she didnt like it because there was no phone number to call to speak with anyone so she found a differen giftcard company,come to find out she did end up using cardpool after all and she told me she had not received her $5 credit,i said wait if you get 5 im suppose to get 5,i said you did use my referral link right? she assured me she did,i emailed cardpool about the credit several times and the first response was like the lady was trying to play dumb about,the 2nd email i had to spell it out for her,etc etc,whatever,3rd i had to send info about my moms referal link info and etc,then the last was them saying basically my mother lied to me and im out of luck.
im pi*sed nowe i use to love this company genuinely but now i dont,im going to remove all of my referal links off my social media accounts post warnings about cardpool,then im going to request the FTC and BBB to investigate cardpool and then im going to close my account
cardpool you have messed with the wrong little guy and my mother is not a liar

Tip for consumers: beware!

ashlied2
6/29/15

I recently made a purchase through cardpool, went through the verification process, received an email that the product was out of stock. Cardpool has not refunded my money and has not given me a product.
They take your money and then tell you there is no product. I sent several emails requesting my refund and was given the runaround. I called and spoke to a representative who told me that there were no managers I could speak with and he could not refund my money. His suggestion was that I email support.
I stayed on the phone for 25 minutes and was a laughed at and lied to. This company steals and is a scam.

couponl
6/25/15

I love cardpool and the only reason I'm here is because when I googled cardpool "complaints" was one of the top results. That really surprises me. I've been using cardpool for 3 or 4 years now and have never had a problem unresolved. One time I bought a Christopher and Banks card and the number didn't work on the C&B website. I emailed cardpool and my purchase was immediately refunded with no problem. I typically buy Home Depot printable cards and receive the card number at virtually the same time as the order confirmation. This last Sunday though I bought $150 of printable PF Chang's cards thinking I would use them the same day. Unfortunately, I didn't. I don't know if they don't work on Sundays or what. I emailed them on Monday morning explaining I no longer needed them. The canceled the order with no problem.
My one complaint is that physical cards are now being sent via registered mail which is a pain because I'm never home when the mail is delivered so I have to go to the post office. I now stick with printables and electronic only.
I have never sold gift cards through Cardpool so do not have any experience with that aspect of their business but buying has been great. A wonderful way to save money on home projects!

davidw228
6/21/15

Recently I received two gift cards for Home Depot (Great Store). One card was for $1000.00, and the other was for $200.00. I decided to sell them. Not having sold gift cards in the past, I foolishly looked up a company and contacted them.
IT WAS CARDPOOL.
They were very nice and helpful, taking the card numbers, my credit card number, and my address, they told me that there was no need to send the cards. Put them, they advised, in a safe place, promising to mail me a $900.00 check the day after they confirm balance on cards.
Indeed, on the 8th of June, I received an email from Cardpool's Support Dept that informed me that my $900.00 was on it's way ("The check's in the mail").
However, something in that missive concerned me: a small fine print notation that said if the check gets lost they will send another in three weeks. I remember thinking that it was a strange thing to add.
Several days later, having still not received my money, I checked the card's balances. You guessed it. MONEY GONE GONE GONE.
Today is June 20th and you guessed it: NO CHECK.
Once you begin a transaction with Cardpool, they, allegedly, move the acct to a different department. Now you can speak to nobody, only able to attempt contact through email. It appears that this is part of the scam, keeping you in the dark and off their proverbial back. I'm convinced that, although emails are always attributed to a different person, there are only a few people working there. Their emails are always form, each saying the same thing, which is essentially: check's in the mail.
This is an operation of crooks. I have been assured that they will not be in business much longer. I have seen and read dozens, a couple hundred, of stories that mirror mine.
STAY AWAY FROM CARDPOOL. They also sell cards, many of which are worthless. Of course this is generally not discovered by the consumer until to late.
WARNING WARNING WARNING .......TO PREVENT BEING ROBBED, AVOID CARDPOOL!

tabithak2
6/18/15

Bought a 25 gift card and never received it or got my money back from the pieces of $#*!

danf36
6/18/15

I SOLD THEM 2 CARDS FOR OVER $300.00 ea IN JAN.
IN JUNE THEY CHARGED ME BACK FOR THEM, OVER 4 MONTHS LATER.I COULD NOT GET ANYONE TO ANSWER MY QUESTIONS.I AM OUT THE MONEY!
DO NOT TRUST THESE PEOPLE.I WILL NEVER DO BUSINESS WITH THEM AGAIN

carolg35
6/16/15

Ordered $2300.00 worth of Home Depot cards for $2115.00. Before I finished entering my credit card info, I got a message saying some of the cards had just be sold (total less than $100). Didn't say if I had to search for replacements or what to do. Credit card was charged for full amount $2115.00. Called 2 customer service numbers, left name and number on each one. Also sent email with questions about purchase. Only response came from emails, which didn't answer why I was charged full amount but message said some cards were not available. Finally 4 days later, got an email saying the entire order was voided by them. WHAT???? WHY??? Still have no answer from them. Will NEVER use them again and will warn everyone about this unprofessional company. Their FAQs do not address this situation, nor is it discussed anywhere on their site. What kind of company uses only email for customers? Why are there 2 phone numbers when they are not answered? Terrible customer service. Found another online company called GiftCardBin.com. They have a phone number and live people who answer it. I was successful in ordering the $2300 worth of Home Depot cards from them.

marianl3
6/10/15

I have been buying gift cards from Cardpool, Cardcash, and Gift Card Rescue for little over a year at have not had a problem until now. I purchased a number of Macy's gift cards recently from Cardpool. I always check on the value of the cards as soon as I receive them thinking I would find any problem there might be at that time. I went to use one of the cards and was told at Macy's that there was only 2 cents left on a card that I had never used. I called Cardpool and they will refund my money as the card was within their 45 day guarantee but in the future I will be very careful not to purchase cards ahead of time and then use them immediately. If you buy these cards, be aware that the person that sold it to Cardpool (or other company), may get their money for selling the giftcard and then go ahead and use the card numbers to buy something online. The buying customer (like me) could be out of luck if you use the card past the guarantee date. Love the discount but be aware!

sterlingm24
6/8/15

I sent a Kmart card for Amazon credit - it took well over 2 weeks to "be received" (USPS from Los Angeles to San Francisco), and after reading these reviews, I was getting nervous that the card was lost to me.

But, they did acknowledge receipt, and the card was processed and I received Amazon credit within 24 hours of that.

Not sure if I would use again, seem a bit flaky.

jaic
5/26/15

Sent in a $25.00 gift card and was told I would be receiving a check for $18.50. I received the check to find out that after I cashed it, it bounced! I was charged $18.50 and an additional $15.00 for the bounced check. I think it'd be great for those behind this site have to reimburse all the money they are scamming out of people and seeing as fraud is not taken lightly in this country, I'd be happy to hear about those involved spending some time in the system.

em4336
5/25/15

I should have read reviews before:(. That's all.

chloel3
5/12/15

just purchased 1500$ best buy e-gift card for 1440$ for the first time at card pool yesterday. and got it today ! i read those reviews after i purchased the card so i was really worried for being scammed.. I ordered them yesterday 5pm and this morning around 11am i got a phone call for verification, i was really suspicious about the verification calling guy so i looked up online for cardpool reviews and it made me even more worried. but then 3 hours later i got the card thru my email!! :) just used them all right away at bestbuy "just in case" though. it was within 24hours and im very relieved since i used them all lol whew. no hassle for me :) the only reason im giving 4 stars is, since it was bulk order, it came with 20 different cards and by using them at the store i still had to pay 30 some dollars at the store. which means some of those cards were missing total of 15$ish all together. i didnt have patience to go thru them and how many cards were missing a few bucks. and it was only 15$ so i gave up. lol at least it came and i bought the product i wanted.

asifa2
5/7/15

We had purchased some gift cards from Cardpool and generally did not have any issues, but later on it makes us think that Card Pool is a scam possibly not the company but those that are selling their gift cards to Cardpool.

First we had purchased over $200 gift card for Victoria Secret and it shows that it had full balance, after 3 months when we went to use it suddenly there was less than $15 left on the card. We had the same situation with a few other gift cards as well with Card Pool.

What we think is going on is that people are saving the gift card information and when they see that they have not been used in a few months they use it themselves on the online site which is easy to do, removing the balance from the card.

Since there is a very high proportion of gift cards when not used within the first 3 months that go never end up being used, we believe there are scam artists that are selling the gift cards and then waiting for a few months and then trying to use it themselves.

If you are not planning on using the gift cards right away, I would not go to Card Pool.

jadea7
5/5/15

Sold $50 Victoria's Secret gift card to them. Had to mail it in (prepaid shipping label at least) and wait for cheque. Never received any payment for it after many weeks. Customer service was no help either. THEY WILL STEAL YOUR GIFTCARDS! DO NOT SELL TO THEM!

johne74
4/28/15

I order my gift card from Cardpool and 5 days later, still no respose. I tried to contact them mulitple time and only get an automated response. They don't have a phone number to call, just an email system. The promotional item I tried to buy was already over and the gift card still have not arrived. I got my money back by calling credit card company. Worst Experience EVER. AVOID AT ALL COST!!!

sarahy17
3/31/15

I've used several of these discounted online giftcard sites and this is the worst. All other sites send the e-card within hours, so far it's been a day and nothing. Raise.com also offers $5 discounts on cards, use them instead.

maryb162
3/25/15

I have used Cardpool for over 5 years primarily for buying cards but also for selling. I estimate that I have bought over $20,000 in cards for remodeling 2 homes and updating my kitchen ware. I sold a number of gift cards that I received when I retired. I have always been pleased and have encouraged many friends to use them.

scammedc1
3/24/15

I initiated transactions on Cardpool.com to send gift cards in exchange for checks. The amounts offered were about 85% of the cards value which sounded too good to be true (and was) however, I agreed to these amounts, printed the shipping label provided by the site and sent the cards including the invoices. As this is now two weeks after I sent the cards and I have not received any confirmations the cards were received, also the info on the site indicates the cards weren't received so I sent an email to support@cardpool.com and got a response that the cards weren't received. The person responding also asked if I had the tracking number. No tracking number was provided on the shipping label documents which should have been a red-flag. The folks at Cardpool are well aware of this and unfortunately I'm just now realizing this is why this scam works so well. No way for the "customer" to track the shipment and they can take the cards and simply claim they never received them. Only after I shipped my valuable cards to them did I find negative reviews of others claiming this same issue happened to them. This may have started as a legit business but after profits weren't increasing to someone's liking, they may have adopted a more fraudulent operating model. Any positive reviews are probably written by they're own employees. Stay far, far away!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't buy or sell here! If you sell you very well may get scammed and not receive payment for your cards. If you buy you may be receiving essentially stolen property, if you receive it at all.

mattg35
3/12/15

I ordered a large amount of Home Depot e-gift cards for a remodeling project. I missed the verification call later that evening. Since then, I have tried to call back 15+ times and left several messages. Nobody is ever available to talk to. Also, I sent the support team multiple e-mails and have not received a response. It has now been a week and I have no gift cards and no communication from Cardpool.

This morning I sent another e-mail to cancel my order and disputed the charge with my credit card company.

marios25
3/5/15

What a scam of a business these people are running. Two times (first two and last two times) I tried buying gifts cards. Both times they took my money, issued a refund one week later saying that my purchase had been cancelled. The first time I thought that maybe it was just bad luck.. I tried it again then the same thing happened. They took my money, sent a confirmation order, they they issued a cancellation informing me that they would refund my purchase money..ONE WEEK LATER!! SCAMMMERS!! They are probably using the money for other stuff. What a bunch of thieves.

Tip for consumers: Use the site at your perile. If you enjoy letting scammer take your money then by all means keep on buying.

colleeno4
3/1/15

I was nervous to send my giftcards to cardpool.com because of the negative reviews on this site, but I figured I might as well take a shot since the gift cards were collecting dust on my shelf for almost a year. I found the online transaction easy and I received my payment about 1 week after I mailed the gift cards. All in all it took about 1.5 weeks from Pennsylvania - California - Pennsylvania. I never received an email confirmation that my check was in the mail, though I could login to cardpool.com and view the status of my order at any time. Would have been nice to have a tracking# for the check too. But, alas. It all worked as advertised and I am a satisfied customer. Would recommend to a friend!

tb43
2/21/15

Wanted to buy some electronic gift cards. Thought they would email it next day (like it says on their webpage), but they had to verify "something", even though my card went through fine for the $200. They called me once, 18 hours later, on my lunch, I missed the call, by two seconds so I called them back right away. Voicemail. Called 10 other times before I gave up. Waste of time. Had to go through the hassle of a refund because they are soo slow. When I buy e gift cards on eBay, I never have this problem.

williamr44
2/20/15

Not sure what these other people are complaining about but my experience with cardpool has been great. I purchase Wal-Mart and Starbucks card all the time through this website and company without a problem. Service is prompt and really is a bargain considering how much I save paying less than face value of a gift card.

katherineg6
2/19/15

I got a Steak and Shake $100 gift card for $76 that's $23 savings! then when I went to steak and shake it was the weekend and kids eat free with every $8 you spend on the weekend. I ended up getting 3 kids meals and 7 adult meals with 5 shakes and two drinks for $56 including tax! I still have $40 on my card so it's like I only spent $36!!! Check them out frfr!!!!

nr21
1/26/15

Don't fall for this scam!!! Promised a check for 18.75 for fandango
Gift card I am still waiting for the check. Impossible to get thru to customer service.
Avoid like the plague. Not sure why they have not been sued for fraud!!

lindai4
1/25/15

I read the reviews of Cardpool *after* I'd sent them the gift card info (we had a $50 Target card and they offered $44). So I was pretty leery of sending it off to them, but a few days ago I got an email saying a check was on the way, and today we got the $44, no hassles, and very prompt. I would use Cardpool again, for sure.

estherg8
1/11/15

I received an email request for verification and completed it reluctantly. It even asked about the car I own and didn't even list my current car (no way to select none of these). Then several days later I received calls at home on Sunday afternoon asking all kinds of questions - billing address, cross street, who issued my credit card, was I in possession of the credit card, etc. It was quite uncomfortable. I will take my business elsewhere.

Tip for consumers: Beware! Something seems fishy.

mb88
1/9/15

One of the worst companies I have ever dealt with. Days and days went by even though they promised 24 hour service for delivery. I emailed them, and then they said they couldn't tell me why, but they refused to give me the promised money for my cards. I have moved out of the U.S. the cards cannot be returned to me and I have lost over $1000. Completely dishonest service.

Tip for consumers: Never do business with this unethical, criminal company, under any circumstances.

jeffh72
1/9/15

I have dealt with Cardpool many times over a period of 2-3 years and had been very satisfied. However, I bought a Chili's card about 3 months ago for $50, and there was ZERO balance on it.. I contacted the company immediately -- and then again, and again, and again, and again , and again -- but they have yet to do anything about it. No one returns my phone calls or emails. Up to this point, I was a loyal customer. However, it appears I've now lost my $50 and there's nowhere I can go to get it back. This is a game changer. Warning!

ericf30
1/4/15

I am amazed by negative reviews. I have done about 10 transactions with them, buying about $500 in cards each time. I have had zero problems. This took place during the second half of 2013 and all of 2014. I've saved money at several stores with this.

robinb70
12/22/14

This company was quick to take my money, but then shipped the card to te wrong state. They don't offer a customer service number, so after I emailed them 4 times when my card didn't arrive after the 3-7 BD quoted, they said even though it was shipped to the wrong state, their policy is to make a customer wait a full 3 weeks to see if it arrived. If it doesn't, I was told I'd have to contact them again, and they might refund at that time. This company is a scam!!! Go to giftcards.com. I normally order from them, but they didn't have the card I needed. I've never had any issues with that company. Carpool.com has no customer service skills, and couldn't possible care less about their customers. They just want to steal your money and never delivery your porduct, then you have no way to contact them, and are at their mercy to respond to your email. CLOWN ACT!

Tip for consumers: Show giftcards.com

ruthp12
12/17/14

It all seemed so great and easy. Unfortunately, I did not see this review site before I sent my gift card to Cardpool. I got a prepaid label from Cardpool (by e-mail after filling out form on website), dropped gift card in mail, but they claim they never got it. I am very dubious given all the negative commentary on this site. Won't use them again.

Tip for consumers: DON'T USE THIS SITE!!!

ellens24
12/17/14

I was pretty skeptical of Cardpool after reading so many negative reviews. However, almost all of the reviews from sellers were positive (and they have an A+ rating from the BBB) so I decided to send Cardpool $300+ in various gift cards last week. I put tracking on the package to keep an eye on it, and just like the website promises, I received my Amazon gift card via email the day after the cards were reported delivered. I’m very happy and I will definitely use this service again.

Tip for consumers: Track your gift cards for piece of mind!

mattb75
12/16/14

I ordered a Walmart card got a verification call the next day and after 5 days they replied me back saying we cannot process your request. And we cannot explain further on the reasons. I am not sure why and for those who don't believe I will copy the email content here.
"Unfortunately, we're not able to disclose any further specifics regarding this process. We truly apologize for any inconvenience to you." infact they returned the payment with 1 penny less than what I actually ordered. Just imagine what 1 penny from 1000 people will earn for the company.

Note: I would give NO Stars, but this site force me to select atleast one star (Doesn't get any worse than this. Stay away!) - infact that comment is nice :)

Tip for consumers: Dont try it

sjw
12/5/14

I have only used this site twice, but times they were quick and easy to process. I am a buyer, not a seller, so that might make a difference. I am so 'stoked' to get gift cards at a discount! So it takes a few days to get the physical card...worth it to me. Will alert this site if something goes amiss. My mom just bought cards from them.

Tip for consumers: Expect to wait for your cards, and don't be surprised at what the picture is on the card...(ie: more appropriate for a baby, wedding, etc)

7/20/15
I have been buying discounted cards from Cardpool for a few months now. Still as only a buyer - never a seller. During that time I rec'd one card which had a zero balance. Cardpool made good on the transaction right away - the same with Raise- they refunded my transaction without dispute. We have been able to save a good bit of money just by

paulc117
11/23/14

This company used to suck ... I was warned about them ... But then they got bought out. The Parent company of CardPool is now BlackHawk Network and they can be reached at (925) 226-9990. I have been using Cardpool for several months now without any of the incidents I used to have in the past. The last time I had a bad GiftCard ... they refunded me ... Plus $10 as a thank you for my trouble. They returned my emails and returned my phone calls ... I now recommed them to my friends.

Tip for consumers: Contact BlackHawk Network ... The Parent company of CardPool at (925) 226-9990 ... If you have problems ... at least you can get a person to talk too!

cynthiar13
11/23/14

I am shocked at these bad reviews. I am a buyer, not a seller, so I can't comment on that part of the business. However, I have been buying gift cards from different discount places for years and Cardpool is by far the best. It is so good, it is the only place I buy from now. They give a 100 day guarantee on the cards and I have taken advantage of that only because I give them as gifts and sometimes I will get a card I can't send. I give them to my nephew and nieces and their mother knows I buy them on the 2nd market. If she ever had a problem using them, she would tell me. My credit card is credited immediately when I send one back. Whenever I have e-mailed them, they are prompt and cordial.

Tip for consumers: Just remember you have a 100 day guarantee when purchasing and check the balances when you get them.

hait6
11/22/14

I can't even give them any star. I believe this is how this company make money. They take your card sell them when a buyer bought your card. then they sent you a check. I have sent them my unwanted gift cards. Take them over two to process, but I get my gift card back in another two week later. Said they unable to process my order. Give me no other reason.

Tip for consumers: Go Raise.com List your card your self sell it, and they send you a check or deposit your money in 3 days.

sunnyg2
11/19/14

I ordered 8 cards and they arrived in 4 days.
I am very pleased and would recommend to everyone.
I don't agree with the negative reviews. My experience has been 5 star!!!

kendallk7
11/18/14

The positive reviews on here are from people who work there...NOT actual customers. That gives you even more insight to what a scam this company is.

This company is a joke and no one can figure out how they're still "in business." They will take your money then never deliver your gift card. If you email them, you get a standard reply saying they will get to you in 24 hours, but never do. if you report them to the BBB, they just say "This customer's account has been closed by our risk department, so were not able to accept these orders. Per our policy, our customer support team prioritizes only those requests from customers whose accounts remain in good standing."
or
"We understand the frustration of the customer about not receiving their intended order. According to our terms and conditions of our "Refer a Friend" program, the customer did not comply with everything that was listed."

It's shocking how not a single person gets what they ordered from them.

Tip for consumers: STAY AWAY!!! 100% COMPLETELY FRAUDULENT

tracien
11/17/14

If I could give a negative I would. Shame on me for not reading the reviews. Everything people talked about happened to me. They did not answer the phone call. No "verification" email came. No one called me like they promised but guess what there is more! The charged my account on 11/13 for the amount w/o verification. The verification is obviously a ruse to keep onto your money/gift card.

May you guys rot in hell. You guys picked the wrong person to do this to. Am disputing the charge.

11/13/2014 Thursday
Ordered discounted Pottery Barn E-Gift card at 6:39 Pacific Time. Was promised that the E-Gift card would arrive within 24 hours.
www.cardpool.com

11/13/2014 charge was assessed 669.79
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

AS of 11/17/2016 - No one has called to "verify" information and still no E-Gift card

11/14/29014
6:00am
I emailed the company (there is no phone number) wondering when the E-Gift email for Pottery Barn would arrive.

11:47am
I emailed the company again stating that I had not heard back and that my expectation is I would have received it by now. I also stated that I wanted to put in an order at Pottery Barn and did not want to miss the sale. And that I was not feeling warm and fuzzy about the transaction

12:03pm
I emailed the Parent company Blackhawk Network who owns cardpool after I had done some research. I also cc'd support@cardpool again.
12:12pm
Blackhawk returned the email stating that cardpool had 24 hours to email the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn. (Alexandria Rogers CR Blackhawk)
3:16pm
Received email from support@cardpool.com (Theana) that apologized for the delay in responding to the email. Through research on the Internet, this is a common ploy they used. They also stated the following:
"
We apologize for the delay in responding to your email as our support center has been handling a much higher volume of requests than normal. Our records show you should have received an e-mail shortly after placing your order with the subject "Verification Required For Your Cardpool Order."

In order to prevent identity and credit card theft, we sometimes require a one-time verification process for accounts. In that e-mail, there are instructions on how to verify the order.

If you do not believe you received the verification e-mail, please let us know and we can opt to have one of our verification specialists call to verify your order. "

T - I had not received any email from them asking for verification and I was receiving their canned response emails just fine.

3:51pm
I sent support@cardpool.com an email stating that I had not received no verification. I also gave my phone number to call and they did not.

3:56
Through research in viewing customers complaints on this company, I found a phone number 415-418-8787 and left a voice mail. No one called me back.

4:00pm
I sent another email giving another phone number for them to call me. They did not

4:08
I sent another email to BH Customer Service BH.CustomerService@bhnetwork.com and cc'd support@cardpool.com and stated that they might want to check their system on why it is not sending out emails. I also stated that my expectation is I receive this by 6:40pm on Friday 11/14/2014, that would have been 24 hours and noone called.

11/17/2014 8:33am
As of today, noone has called to "verify me" nor have I received the E-Gift card from Pottery Barn.
11/16/2014 CARDPOOL INC 415-4198787 CA $669.79
11/13/2014

I am disputing this charge and want it removed. Did not receive

UPDATE
11/26/2014 10:48am
Again I stated you picked the wrong person to do this to. I disputed the charge and told cardpool this. They finally credited me back the funds. As for you users who give them five starts and disagree with the negative reviews, you are in the minority.
The tip is always pay with a credit card and not a check or auto charge from checking account. If you pay by credit card and I realize this is not always possible. You have 60days to dispute the charge. If you do not receive the E-Gift card within 24 hours and that is a joke, it takes one hour and less, then run do not walk to your cc bank and dispute the charge.

Lets shut them down

Tip for consumers: Run Forest Run

garenc
11/11/14

Sadly, after a couple of perfectly fine experiences, I had two epic fails. Orders were not fulfilled, customer service took a week to respond, and then the answers back are simply nonsensical. Sad, because the concept is great, but these folks seem to be processing orders on index cards, or have no internal inventory or system controls. I suggest staying away, and I seldom leave negative reviews.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Clearly that review is written by the company itself. The only customer review I've found so far was extremely negative.... Has anyone had first hand experience dealing with this company?
6/25/10
Answer
davidw228
A: Yes....
They stole my money. I needed it quite badly, and they lied and ripped me off.
3 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Q: Can i sell my amazon gift card here?
5/9/15
Answer
tracien
A: Why would you want to sell anything here after reading the reviews?
5/9/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Cardpool staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?
Cardpool?