US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

sjr1

Anyway, while I can't talk about the men; many of the woman aren't honest about themselves! (in 65 reviews)

latonyat1

But please take out time to return peoples phone calls having great customer service is the key to success in business. (in 10 reviews)

stephanies51

I had almost given up on finding someone and I was ok with that but I still enjoyed going to dinner with nice guys. (in 24 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

rachelb48
4/22/15

Look out for Joshue from RI but uses NY cell#3474548513 He traveled from state to state probably gives out fake name so you can't track coward. He will use you if you let him. He claims to be a good Christian man, loves the Lord, a Pastor's kid and graduated from a bible college. Will try to make you feel sorry for him and say his girlfriend said he has a small penis so she broke up with him. Try to get your personal information thinking maybe you have money. He thought I was gonna buy a cell phone from his business online and give out my credit info. When he visited he stuck me with a $128 bill that I thought he said he would take care of and already paid for but I was stuck with it but I disputed it because he's a Jerk God is Good and Um rid of that low life

Tip for consumers: I will never use that site again for a looser to take advantage of a good hearted person

lalib
4/22/15

Hello, how are you? I don`t want to waste your time or mine so i`m going to get right to the point. I`m sure you have a lot of fans,and i`m sure you receive a ton of messages, but i still feel the need to let my presence be known. I`m not going to make you any empty promises nor am i going to ramble on about what i could do FOR you or TO you. But what i am going to do is put my cards on the table and let you decide whether or not i`m someone that you would allow into your world. Since my profile doesn’t give any personal info about myself and since you ARE my future wife i guess it’s only right i fill you in. I`m 6`1-225,single,no kids,VERY AFFECTIONATE,i live ALONE,legally self-employed,(search for iPartCars.com on YouTube, if you want to see how hard your hubby works…lol ), I cook, and did i mention VERY AFFECTIONATE???….So if u feel like u are overdue to be loved and appreciated,and showered with affection, then i dont think the risk of one 5 min call is asking for too much, do u??? The ball is in your court now, so i`ll let you decide on who calls who, either way is fine with me, i just want you to be comfortable…..TRUST ME, this call could DEFINITELY change your life…Well, i hope to hear back from you soon, and even if i don`t i would like to thank you in advance for taking the time to read my lil note and stay beautiful!

This guy has the gift of gab. ABSOLUTELY CONVINCING...yep, I fell for it and it COST ME. Watch for the clear signs. He'll never answer a question straight, send you a pick of his full face, etc. etc.

jenniferd51
4/16/15

The site sends you flirt alerts from men that did not send you the flirt in the first place. They do little marketing to attract new users, most of the men are broke, ugly,and are opportunists.You will receive alerts that there are new users in your area only to discover they live in another state.Whenever you are online it is displayed ,which puts you in an awkward position by alerting everyone to your frequency online, it should be confidential, or at least vague like online this week, unless you requested online chat, wouldn't recommend it. I'll try online dating with other reputable sites.

victoriab19
4/9/15

Only after sex will travel from state to state and is looking for money bad in bed. LOOK UP USERNAME Saggese12

pablos22
4/9/15

This site gave me AIDS. I tried to meet a nice, strong, and independent black woman to be my wife and when I meet her, I get raped by 5 black men and they steal all my fried chicken.

keyyss
4/6/15

I to joined BPM immediately started receiving messages from guys. After talking and finally meeting this guy out at local establishment it turns out he was living with his GF. Another guy appeared to be so nice and charming. Meet his parents and kids he was a liar. The third guy started off really slow,me went out on the first date and we vibe really well, we communicated everyday then he ask me for money (a no go) when I said no he went cold, after a few weeks he resurface, this time he was so in love with me, wanting to marry me, have a baby with me ( because he wasn't letting a good thing get away) to only go cold again. From my experience the men on the site are not honesty and are after one thing. I was very disappointed and I suggest you not waste your money.

stars5
4/1/15

All they want is sex. And most will use u. I met one over the phone name Nelson essiet from newark nj. A complete nut case. All he cared about was sex and he's very controlling also. He went by ebonydiamond1. Beware of him!

maryamm2
3/12/15

I called and canceled service with Black People Meet in Jan. 2013. They continued to bill my credit card as of Jan. 2015. I couldn't understand why charges were on my credit card. Low and behold its them still billing and now the credit card company is giving me a hard time. I tried to reach Black People Meet, no success at the 866-727-8920. Sent a certified letter and I will never deal with them again, and will be canceling my credit card as they are giving me a hard time about canceling service. Never again. M Muhammad

Tip for consumers: Don't use it!

onealpham
3/2/15

Every time I sign on to this site on my iPhone, I am redirected to the Apple Store to buy some game. Checked with Apple and it was confirmed that it is the site. Little privacy. I hate the pop-ups, ads, and especially the redirects.... Plus, there is no way to go to an old message without scrolling through pages. Should have option to enter a page number and go directly to that page or enter a user's screen name and pull up all messages to and from that user.

sheliab
3/1/15

After a bad experience on the site, I called and cancelled my membership. However, Black People Meet decided to start back charging me a month later. They took money out of my account for 10 months and refused to refund it, even though they could see I hadn't used the site or even log on to it in almost a year. This company is scandalous. Never will I trust another site with my card information.

terrij8
2/24/15

If you see someone called RUthere4ME stay away! I met this guy on match.com and he started out okay. Then before I knew it he was asking me if he could take some toilet paper from my house because he didn't have any?! HELLO DOLLAR STORE! Then it was he needed some smokes (his profile says that he's social smoker! NOT TRUE he's a daily smoker and drinks vodka like it's water! I'm all about buying stuff for my man but this guy is BROKE and looking for someone to take care of him. I work hard for what I have and am looking for a partner not some grown man to take care of. When I told him we needed talk I never heard from him again....that tells me he's heard this before.

Tip for consumers: Be Careful

kellym88
2/22/15

Here's what people need to remember: Long gone are the days when dating online was taboo and so there were only genuine people on dating sites who were truly interested in relationships. Now that it's acceptable and common place, all of the nuts have come out to play. I met a gorgeous, seemingly nice guy on BPM and all was well until our first time alone. He went into a full blown violent rage over a a slight difference of opinion. It was so weird and frightening that I researched narcissm (based on some other traits of his) and sure enough he met the criteria to a tee. He has the personality disorder. Can't really blame BPM for that but this site seems to be a haven for them since I hear other women saying they've encountered these dangerous people as well. It seems the male reviews are centered around a woman's appearance. I wish somebody looking a little different than their pics was my only complaint. I think having your life threatened is far more serious than meeting someone with a few extra pounds. Be careful dating men on this site. I've browsed this site off and on over the years and some of the same guys are there. Gotta wonder about that. I will never date online again. It's not worth it. I'm actually taking a break period because that was so scary. Good luck and be smart.

mablej
2/18/15

Please be careful on this site. I met someone, became close after a year and a half until he tried to attack me. I turned him in to the police and found out the he uses dating sites to latch on to women in different states, rob their accounts, blackmail them, then abuse them. He spent a year in jail for physical abuse to my son. My son told me after he attacked me for the first time that this nut abused him. Wish I would've known then.......he would've been six feet under. Please be careful as the site DOES NOT check credentialing as other paid sites do in some cases.

terrys57
2/16/15

Please beware of user MaCartney7 from PA and Brooklyn NY claims to be talented musician. He is liar uses drugs and womanizer. The site is a rip off too. Some of the men just want to jump in the bed. Disrespectful. Will want to know what kind of work you do but they dont work. Do not give out your information to him.

vickyj
2/9/15

This site is awful...plain and simple,please do not waste your money.most of the men on there just want to have sex with you.its like its an easier way for them.Please beware of the one name hsmith32 he's a liar and a fake...Beware and becareful ladies....

janentl
2/9/15

STAY AWAY FROM BLACKPEOPLEMEET user name 98WESTSTREET. His status states that he is legally separated but he is MARRIED. He has a profile that has no picture, age 53, height 6 2, lives in Silver Spring, Md. Beware he is a cheater and pathological liar. You have been warned.

2/1/15

This review also covers the dating site www.seniorblackpeoplemeet.comI admire those on BPM who admit they are "legally separated" and looking for a serious relationship for the honesty they put forth up front; I can say it is hard for someone to enter into a serious long last relationship. First a woman wants to feel financially secure and unless some type of framework is put in place, wife #1 and children will always take precedence. Ladies, if partner becomes ill, you legally have no say in their care and wife #1 and children hold that spot. Now they will probably let you bear the expense and time to take care of the male as that relieves them of that task.

Sometimes as people age, they begin to have flashbacks into their lives and think that maybe getting back together with the spouse may not be so bad . At lease that may be better than being alone. Then the children no matter what age, will always want theit parents to be together.

You as the single lady may short change your happiness because if you are looking for a long term serious relationship you are starting out with a lot minuses on your side of the column. If the male has been "legally separated" for sometime (years), question him for the reason of not getting a divorce. If recently "legally separated" find out what happened. This person many just be looking for an immediate support system or just looking until they decide to go back home. Sometimes bruised egos make persons see out new relationships as a psychological form of revenge.

Side note: Red flag for men with no photos, men who used the canned responses on BPM or men who send just flirts. If a man is truly he would write to try to start a conversation trying to beat another man's time before someone else responds. Those who view you are just doing an overview. If interested, they should start a conversation.

COME ON MEN STAND UP TO THE CHALLENGE. We ladies do no all bite after all some of us are looking for sincere men and want to be loved and happy.

jasone21
1/31/15

Most of the women on this BPM are overweight and are as thirsty for sex as men are. Once had a woman on there lie about the number of kids she had and her figure at the same time. Also, watch out for women that shield their slutty acts with Jesus and Christianity they are sneaky. Its almost impossible to find a woman on there without multiple kids, an EX in prison or a breast tattoo of some sort. If your are an attractive black male also beware of fat over the hill white female trash. Absolutely no intelligent conversations. No man of substance should even type this site in their search engine. TURN BACK!!!!

finallyo
1/23/15

I was on blackpeople meet in 2013. Met men from all over the country. I was disappointed at first .Got off. I tried it one more time and then I met this person who turned out to be very crazy!! I rushed to get off the site. I get a message from someone. I paused and saw he lived near me in Texas . Very attractive ,he's atrracted to me. We talked for months. I found out he had the same diapointments I had and was rushing to get off as well. We had so much in common. We finally met it was August 2013. We became unseperable!!! We know that it was meant for us to meet. He is the most loving man I have ever met. You know that you know it is love!!! Well we are in our 2nd year together. Engaged and love each other dearly.
What I am saying to any of you who gets on this site. If you are truly looking or hoping to meet your soul mate. You will have to really search yourself,be patient , you will know when it's time to get off the site. Listen to what is being said to you. Use good sense if you have good sense you can easily discern if someone is deceiving you. I wish you all luck.
By the grace of God , we found each other at this time of our lives. Who would have thought that I would be saying thank you blackpeoplemeet .. I Finally can say after all these years I feel loved and I can let the love that I have always wanted to express in my hear to someone who excepts me as I am unconditionally . Where there is God ,there is Love.
I love you Michael.

Tip for consumers: It's a roller coaster at first, the excitement ,the rush of getting the attention,
Be yourself.don't settle. Treat people with respect. be careful.

shawnc16
1/5/15

I joined bpm on 1-1-2015 and cancelled on jan 2 when I noticed the same guys from 8 months ago were still there and still thirsty. I also saw a profile for a guy a personally know named civili. His whole profile is a lie. Ladies beware. He is a con artist, don't work, have 8 kids that he don't take care of and he have mental issues. If you don't believe then dedicate 3 days of chatting with him and you will see.

Tip for consumers: Keep your money

wandao1
1/1/15

This site is a waste of money. First off, I was stupid enough to pay to join this site, then the quality of men on there leaves a lot to be desired and I found that out the same day I joined. Then I deleted my profile and requested a refund. That was on the 25th of December and the 23rd when I joined. I have yet to receive a refund and it's 01/01/2015. The kicker is, since it was obvious that they had no intention of refunding me, I tried to go back to the site, (keep in mind, when I joined on the 23rd I paid for a six month membership, it would not let me reactivate my membership. It stated that I needed to call their number and speak with a representative. I have been calling for almost a week and no one answer the phone! So, I would say, keep your money because it is not worth the hassle!!!!!

Tip for consumers: Don't waste your time or most importantly, your money!

kevinh80
12/18/14

I really have no idea why the negative comments. I love the site. Met several very attractive young ladies. For me its been the best dating site out there.

temecula-cac
12/16/14

I got on the site less than 12 hours go, paid for three months. I cancel membership this morning. Request refund base on safety concerns and guys look creepy. They would refund half, I'm filling with BBB against there business. I wasn't asking for the full amount just partial.

Tip for consumers: Don't do business with them

quentinap
12/7/14

I wish I could rate this site lower! I paid for this site and was unable to access any of my messages. When trying to reach out to someone about my technical issues with this site I was unable to get any answers. This was a huge waste of time and money. It's a rip off and they do not care.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT use this site. These people have poor customer service and and communication. This site is a scam!

litav
11/30/14

Lame douche bags. If you are in the Phoenix area, BEWARE of Derrick M. He's nuts. If you do a simple google search it's clearly apparent.

zimas1
11/19/14

A lot of the men on this site are liars and mentally retarded.
Ladies be careful of some of the men on BMP. The pictures on their pages may not be their real pictures or who they are. The profile information are false.
Once you meet a guy and he is telling you about marriage or telling you things you were longing to hear, that should be a red flag. Some of them wants to get you excited and convinced of their love for you before they start to defraud you of your money and emotions.
Most of these guys are scammers, please be careful. Do not let your emotions lead you to what you will regret for the rest of your lives.
Once you meet a guy online and he starts to ask you for money, do not waste your time talking with the fellow.

Tip for consumers: Be careful ladies. A lot of the guys here are fake, retarded, married, liars and scammers.

sjr1
11/17/14

I am a male writing about Blackpeoplemeet/Blackchristiansmeet sites. Both are connected. My first time on the site I went for the best price per month deal which require subscriber to purchase multiple months at one time. Once you agree to their terms it's contract - a contract is a contract. Last month, still seeking someone I purchased the slightly higher one month only deal, then several days later went into BPM user profile deleting the "automatic" renewal which I didn't ask for, they just defaulted to it. In this way one can be tricked into an ongoing membership.

Anyway, while I can't talk about the men; many of the woman aren't honest about themselves! Some describe themselves as average - yet 4th or fifth picture into their presentation reveal that they are humongous. Others present themselves as young and vibrant - yet when we talked, several of the woman I discovered are decades older. I've blocked two woman users looking for me to invest $ in their dreams, yet I don't know them. Woman - stop taking selfies and other pictures in the bathroom. Tired of seeing bath towels, toilet bowls, shower curtains, soap and toilet tissue rolls. Also, laying across your bed, breast about to come out of your clothes and Kim Kasdashian poses doesn't make a woman appear like a keeper.

BPM with careful discernment has nice people, always the 'best ones are too far away' or on the other side of the country. :) Finally, I'm done with BPM.

Tip for consumers: When you do use the BPM social meeting site present yourself with focused pictures, with adequate lighting, submit only recent photo, your kids/grand kids shouldn't be in your presentation.

denisec26
11/14/14

Was successfully able to get a refund from BPM. I filed a fraud claim through my bank and my bank gave me a temporary credit while they investigated the matter. I was informed the money had been paid and the temporary credit is permanent.

kimb124
11/13/14

this site is a SCAM not only are there no professional males as advertised AND THE SITE IS all over the place loaded with other ADVERTISEMENTS i was scammed out of MONEY i paid one promotional rate was charged double with RENEWAL RATE that I never clicked yes or no for but i learned a big lesson BLACKPEOPLEMEET will charge u double and when sign up blackpeoplemeet puts u in automatic renewal not a the promotional rate if i was was charge the promotional unauthorized was a hit but to pay double HURT fooled once not twice stay away professional business is not out to scam you but do business and a professional manner.

ladyk
11/1/14

I agree with what some of the other people wrote as far as unethical business practices. They "automatically renewed" my membership although I didnt authorize it. I have sent numerous emails to their so called Customer Service with no response. I plan on filing a complaint with the BBB as well as they do not have to worry about me using their service ever again! And I will tell all my friends and put on facebook how they do dirty business so do not use their service.....IT SUCKS!

Tip for consumers: Piss poor customer service....

stephanies51
10/23/14

I have to admit, it's been a couple years since I have been on this site. Yes, I agree with the ladies that complain there are a bunch of losers on the site but you're faulting BPM for that? You meet tons of losers on the street, as well as on other sites. Can't fault the dating site for having a bunch of losers.
Well, two years ago, when I was a paying member, a guy sent me a message asking me to call him. I wasn't attracted to him at all and tried to avoid him. The next day he saw me on the site again and asking if I was going to call him or not...what the heck...I did. Boy, I'm glad I did!
I have never dated a man that I love and respect as much as I do him! At the time, I was 42 and have never been married. I had almost given up on finding someone and I was ok with that but I still enjoyed going to dinner with nice guys.
We live about an hour away from each other, we made a date for the next day, Thurs, and he liked me so much he came back the next day. We've been together ever since.
We are grateful to BPM for bringing us together!
You can find true love on the internet!

olivas1
10/23/14

Ladies do your self a favor and do not spend your money or your time on this site. The men here are looking for sex primarily, they will lie to you about their status and what they are seeking in a potential mate. Their are individuals on this site that have mental health disorders that range from depression, narcissism, asperger's syndrome, boarder line, sociopathic and psychopathic which means they will lie, deceive, manipulate to get what they want you to them are the next meal ticket, victim or supply source. Some on this site have no intention of having a serious committed relationship ever, accompanied by sexual addictions and or an extreme dislike for women. Now if you only want a good time and have similar issues than this site is for you. But if you are seeking a healthy serious relationship which leads to marriage then this site is not for you. If you are attractive, beautiful as well as young , naive, have low self esteem or worth you will be fodder for these fellow. Men are men they hunt and when they hunt your feeling do not matter. Keep your panties up and go out and just have fun if you can't bear to find a guy using other methods. Another warning: Some men may have the big house, the nice car, great job, education, and even retirement benefits. They seem older wiser and intelligent. They know what women are looking for and use the package to blind you from seeing them for who they really are: broken, self Centered, having a midlife crisis, having gone to prostitutes in the past, cheated on their ex-wives and wondered why she left and unable to see that the real issue in them not finding so called Mrs. Right is them.
Keep it in prospective: You have what they want never give it up unless you are willing to pay the consequences for it.and ladies it will not lead to a relationship. Go out have them pay for dinner, drinks what ever. Because if you ever give in that totally stops as most are still dating other women and you have now become a notch on the belt they don't have to conquer. You have been warned.

staceym23
10/22/14

This site has desperate, pushy, and broken men. Most of them are married or have long time girlfriends. Be careful of men looking for a wife (ready4mywife). They will tell you exactly what you want to hear and in the same breath ask you about your credit, so they could put their motorcycle in your name. Just lie for no reason at all. Just because it's the thing to do I guess. Someone please help me understand the ratchness.
Shaundal...stay away from this one.

Tip for consumers: Do it the old fashion way.
Sheep's in wolf clothing as my grandmother use to say.

denisea9
10/21/14

I found this site to be a huge waste of time. Most of the losers on there are all for sex. They use it as a site to compile women and get laid. Point blank. Beware of James499, real name is Dennis RiversI believe, on there in Smyrna, GA. He's overweight and has nerve to try to guilt women into sex with him. He puts on the front that he's genuine and he loves his daughter, yada yada, yet he uses this site to use women up. I find it funny and pathetic that people have to resort to this type of behavior. I say be careful if you join because I know there have to be some good guys out there somewhere but I think the sifting phase will be long and hard.

Tip for consumers: Beware of scammers!

mf23
10/15/14

Very dissapointed. I would never recommend this site unless u want to me selfish, rude liars. Who only want sex. This site is not for classy ladies at all. I'm glad I paid for only 30 days. After one week I was done. Same old men, no one new. They will view ur profile constantly, very lil communication. It's a waste of time an money.

debras29
10/9/14

Watch out for bushwacker505. He is a narcissist, totally absorbed in self. He is the center of his own universe. and people are things to be used, an object. Once he has no more use for you, he is gone. He is a liar on his profile, he's 62, married, and dangerous. His true colors will appear. He is an on-line predator who meets good and decent women to use. He is known to have been on numerous dating sites at the same time, using another name: blackpeoplemeet, blacksingles, match.com; blackchristiansmeet; ourtime, and christianmingles to name a few. This is a warning ladies. Please beware. He may say he's a pilot instructor (NOT), owns a boat, RV (NOT), houses/property (NOT). He goes by the name Gene, Eugene, Lawrence and various other alias. Dont' become a victim. Signed, Your guardian angel.

pamm17
9/28/14

I meet a charming physician on black people meet...well that is what I thought. If you see this number come up run 202xxx8774...this guy is a serial womanizer he has women in every state and he loves to get engaged to every single one of them...He is engaged to more than 9 women!!! Stay away from the psycho,...he search this site form weak women of all races. He is under investigation from two medical boards and lost his license for fraud so do your home work ladies. This man is considered very, very manipulative (influencing or attempting to influence the behavior or emotions of women for he's own purposes.) Do not waste your time and spread the word on this number. And the doctor that does house calls but he is not bringing medicine ladies.

Tip for consumers: If you run into a man who claims to be a physician from the Washington, DC AREA RUN!

laurend9
9/27/14

Drug addicts child molesters (so sad) liars users married or live with their mate broke selfish satanist perverted bisexual sadistic men on Black people meet. Oh and the site will not refund your money worst even they will charge your account without your authorization.

Tip for consumers: Good luck choose wisely. Be safe. Pray.

michealw9
9/24/14

BEWARE!!!!This site is full of scammers in the Dallas area. Came across several guys attempting to get money from women. I guy stated he was a preacher and needed money to keep from getting evicted from his apartment. The next guy stated he was the personal doctor of the Bush family. He needed some tax write off for his business. So he offered to purchase you a car and you would only be responsible for the taxes on the car. BEWARE!!!! - The doctor goes by the name of Micheal Williams. He will send you pictures of him and the Bush family together, him in his scrubs, etc. The other guy goes by the name of Malcolm

sandyb30
9/16/14

I think there are some good men on this site but my experience was not with one of them. I will not be a paid subscriber ever again. The guy I talked to for four months lived in Oklahoma, he seem to be nice in the beginning until he started talking sexual and then thought when we possibly met was going to perform oral sex on me. At least he was honest to let me know so I could kick him to the curb.

anomy--
8/27/14

Listen I can't help but find this site racist, spreading an idea that black people are less likely to fall in love with someone white. When I saw this commercial I was a little surprised

tonis11
8/10/14

The absolute worst!!! I was new to online dating but scanning through all the profiles I just did not feel comfortable. So after three weeks I had enough. When I originally signed up I saw they had removed 6 months of payment. I called customer service and explained I was uncomfortable and did not wish to continue the subscription please refund the balance. To my surprise no refunds under no condition I explained I did not want free service I want to pay for what I used but I should not be force to spend my my money on service that I did not want. This went from the customer service -rep all the way up to the manager on duty.

The end of my story is now I am paying 5 months of service I am not using.
BEWARE. They do not give refunds

latonyat1
8/7/14

! I needed to share this with you

In December 2012 I did something that I couldn’t believe .I signed up on black people .com it was the best thing that I could of ever done for myself that $18.00 trail fee sign up was one of the best investments that could of ever taken place in my life. I met this wonderful man name Gregory v Johnson he was very open, to the point with what he was looking for in this life. He made me smile every day that we talked on the phone. I made him wait a week to see me and that first date was like stars with a back ground of water falls (wow). Never in my life thru it all, have I ever felt this way for any man. On that day I was open to miracles. My meaning of miracles had just took place Amen and that meaning was, an event by supernatural being (God ) again lord Thank You for sending me someone that completes me. We left voicemails on black people .com for them to call us so that we can tell our store of finding our true love, but with no return phone calls, we wanted to be in the contest and drawing that they offered. We are looking to get married on 07/14/2015 hoping all goes well.
Gregory v Johnson ask me to be his wife on 12/25/2013 and I said yes with tears
It has been very hard for us, Because I had a disease called (flicalties hair disease) it was on my face for the world to see and Gregory still was there for me .we are still paying for my treatments my face will be clearing up soon Amen. If there are any wedding program’s that we can enter to help the cost with our wedding that would be wonderful or can we just be put on your wedding site showing the world that we found our true love on your website that would be great. My meaning of miracles is that they can come true.
Gregory v Johnson & LaTonya D Thornton would like to say thanks for your website and believing in love like we do!!!!!!!!!!! But please take out time to return peoples phone calls having great customer service is the key to success in business.
Respectful
Thank you for taken out time to read our story we have been together since our first date.

LaTonya D Thornton

tendylj
8/3/14

My review pretty much echo the same as the other posters...this site is basically a place for the degenerates to hang out, a lot of the men have the audacity ( especially the ones who are physically challenged in the looks department or borderline retarded) a list of demands of what they seek..these are the ones who can't even spell simple words, claim to make "x" amount of money and have a tribe of kids but have never been married. I hate come across as stuck up but you really would have better conversations with elementary kids.. and the killing part of that is even the "seasoned" men are part of that group too...a lot of them like to start talking about sex immediately, You would think that the "silent response" or me redirecting the conversation would be a clue that speaking about explicit sex acts is a no-no..well not to the saps on BPM some of them don't have a clue to what is considered a turn off...Like one member stated you will probably get much more benefits by investing your money in stocks instead of joining the site..it is a complete waste of time and energy...But if it's entertainment you seek then by all means join the site..you will viewing profiles of pot-bellied, corn row wearing, illiterate sex craved men.

angryw
8/3/14

I find the existence of such a website simply appalling to be honest. I am not a member and never will be bc I'm a white girl. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of backlash there would be if someone started a" whites only" website. I'm against ANY discrimination of ANY race. This is just disgusting and frankly hypocritical

jasminew2
8/1/14

I joined the site in march 2013 and talked to a man for a while who ended up being married with children. I then talked to another man who was very attractive had an amazing job but believed a woman should wait on him hand and foot and shouldn't have tattoos in certain places and should do exactly what he said which completely turned me off. Then I talked to a man who I was interested in and he stopped taking to me because he said I wasn't moving quick enough. I took an 8 month break from the site and still had the same crazy men still hiring on me and cussing me out until I responded I also had the same man who said I wasn't moving quick enough try and talk to me again but I wasn't having it.. then a couple days later I met a man who I had a conversation With For A Few days and then we exchanged numbers. We talked for a month before meeting but when we did it was an instant connection. I felt like I had known him forever. Needless to say I'm in love with him and we are moving in together. ... best money I've ever spent to find the love of my life who I am 100% mentally and physically attracted to. ... but I must say the men are slim pickings.... and are very shallow

melb23
7/23/14

Awful .....most if not all if the men on BPM are looking for sex and that's it. They are losers! This is all they have for there nasty lives. As far as the site it self, they are cons they will take your money and give you nothing...once again making money off of us again. I guess building this country was not enough! I to thought that I had met a really nice guy, but I later found out that he was having...yep SEX with a women from Brooklyn NY who gave it up fast ....two weeks after he met her, well I can't compete with that , because I have self respect,class and dignity! I will never let anybody take that away. Oh by the way I caught him red handed. Beware!

ikeepi
7/20/14

Use extreme caution about connecting with dudes on BlackPeopleMeet. Their only reason for being online is to find booty and have sex. These guys are on various websites and they are not the Laid Back, Drama Free, Sincere, I Love the Lord, Caring, God Fearing, Communicative, Honest, Gentleman they claim to be. These guys are romantically involved with other women (and men) but they'll lead you to believe they're not. One should wonder why guys who live in Metropolitan cities where the ratio of women overwhelm men (10:1) result to being online to find a "quality" woman. These dudes meet as many women possible, tell you what you want to hear, and string you along. Listen to your gut feeling and women's intuition when the first red flag appears and dump them; you'll save yourself much disappointment and headaches. LEAVE THE MARRIED GUYS ALONE; the fact that they're still married speaks volumes that they have no morals or do not respect God's sanctity of marriage. They're still married IF they're legally separated and you don't know what emotional turmoil his wife is going through since you'll only hear his version of what supposedly went wrong. You should also know how to run FREE background searches on these guys. A lot of felons and REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS tried to connect with me - that's right, REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS! Google their biological and screen names. Please do not let your desperation to have a man in your life overwhelm your common sense.

divaw
7/12/14

The men I have met on this site is only looking for sex. You can look on other sites and see the same on tired men, still lying. Wait Ladies on the man that God has for you and the one you deserve.

anothers
7/9/14

Apparently, BPM is very desperate for money .....

BEWARE

They have reverted to serious skullduggery as they "steal money" from you as you click on a plan (say 1 month @ 18.00) and discover you have been billed a different amount (in my case 50.00). I will be reporting this to the Federal Trade Commission in Washington, DC.

I am positive they are conducting this slice of theft right now and will continue to do so until they are stopped.

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: I met someone on BPM. I was asking for a new pic bcause people can change. I think you should have it be a requirement that at least 2-3 pics need to accompany the profile. You are messing with people's lives and should make every effort to have people be as honest as possible.
12/10/14
sallyh20
A: You should post current photo's. If you meet someone,they will have to look at you so don't lie. Post fairly recent photo's.. 20 year old photos just don't get it.
2/1/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Q: I recently signed up on this social networking site and soon discovered that I was receiving messages from women to whom I didn't send a flirt. But I saw that they were responding to one that I supposedly sent. Also, messages I received the day before has today's date on it as if it was received today. WHY?
2 weeks ago
sallyh20
A: This is something that is happening to al lot of users on this site. It happened to me two times on both the sending and receiving end of the messages. I believe that when you have what they term as a low rate of response messages are automatically send so it looks as if you are contacting individuals. I have been embarrassed responding to what I though were messages to me. I have had to write messages apologizing for the messages I did not send to individuals. It is all a game by this site I believe.
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

5 Photos for BlackPeopleMeet

BlackPeopleMeet?
Click here to post a review