US Government's NSF

66 Reviews for BlackPeopleMeet

▼ Sort by: recent

sandyb30
9/16/14

I think there are some good men on this site but my experience was not with one of them. I will not be a paid subscriber ever again. The guy I talked to for four months lived in Oklahoma, he seem to be nice in the beginning until he started talking sexual and then thought when we possibly met was going to perform oral sex on me. At least he was honest to let me know so I could kick him to the curb.

anomy--
8/27/14

Listen I can't help but find this site racist, spreading an idea that black people are less likely to fall in love with someone white. When I saw this commercial I was a little surprised

tonis11
8/10/14

The absolute worst!!! I was new to online dating but scanning through all the profiles I just did not feel comfortable. So after three weeks I had enough. When I originally signed up I saw they had removed 6 months of payment. I called customer service and explained I was uncomfortable and did not wish to continue the subscription please refund the balance. To my surprise no refunds under no condition I explained I did not want free service I want to pay for what I used but I should not be force to spend my my money on service that I did not want. This went from the customer service -rep all the way up to the manager on duty.

The end of my story is now I am paying 5 months of service I am not using.
BEWARE. They do not give refunds

latonyat1
8/7/14

! I needed to share this with you

In December 2012 I did something that I couldn’t believe .I signed up on black people .com it was the best thing that I could of ever done for myself that $18.00 trail fee sign up was one of the best investments that could of ever taken place in my life. I met this wonderful man name Gregory v Johnson he was very open, to the point with what he was looking for in this life. He made me smile every day that we talked on the phone. I made him wait a week to see me and that first date was like stars with a back ground of water falls (wow). Never in my life thru it all, have I ever felt this way for any man. On that day I was open to miracles. My meaning of miracles had just took place Amen and that meaning was, an event by supernatural being (God ) again lord Thank You for sending me someone that completes me. We left voicemails on black people .com for them to call us so that we can tell our store of finding our true love, but with no return phone calls, we wanted to be in the contest and drawing that they offered. We are looking to get married on 07/14/2015 hoping all goes well.
Gregory v Johnson ask me to be his wife on 12/25/2013 and I said yes with tears
It has been very hard for us, Because I had a disease called (flicalties hair disease) it was on my face for the world to see and Gregory still was there for me .we are still paying for my treatments my face will be clearing up soon Amen. If there are any wedding program’s that we can enter to help the cost with our wedding that would be wonderful or can we just be put on your wedding site showing the world that we found our true love on your website that would be great. My meaning of miracles is that they can come true.
Gregory v Johnson & LaTonya D Thornton would like to say thanks for your website and believing in love like we do!!!!!!!!!!! But please take out time to return peoples phone calls having great customer service is the key to success in business.
Respectful
Thank you for taken out time to read our story we have been together since our first date.

LaTonya D Thornton

tendylj
8/3/14

My review pretty much echo the same as the other posters...this site is basically a place for the degenerates to hang out, a lot of the men have the audacity ( especially the ones who are physically challenged in the looks department or borderline retarded) a list of demands of what they seek..these are the ones who can't even spell simple words, claim to make "x" amount of money and have a tribe of kids but have never been married. I hate come across as stuck up but you really would have better conversations with elementary kids.. and the killing part of that is even the "seasoned" men are part of that group too...a lot of them like to start talking about sex immediately, You would think that the "silent response" or me redirecting the conversation would be a clue that speaking about explicit sex acts is a no-no..well not to the saps on BPM some of them don't have a clue to what is considered a turn off...Like one member stated you will probably get much more benefits by investing your money in stocks instead of joining the site..it is a complete waste of time and energy...But if it's entertainment you seek then by all means join the site..you will viewing profiles of pot-bellied, corn row wearing, illiterate sex craved men.

angryw
8/3/14

I find the existence of such a website simply appalling to be honest. I am not a member and never will be bc I'm a white girl. Hmmm, I wonder what kind of backlash there would be if someone started a" whites only" website. I'm against ANY discrimination of ANY race. This is just disgusting and frankly hypocritical

jasminew2
8/1/14

I joined the site in march 2013 and talked to a man for a while who ended up being married with children. I then talked to another man who was very attractive had an amazing job but believed a woman should wait on him hand and foot and shouldn't have tattoos in certain places and should do exactly what he said which completely turned me off. Then I talked to a man who I was interested in and he stopped taking to me because he said I wasn't moving quick enough. I took an 8 month break from the site and still had the same crazy men still hiring on me and cussing me out until I responded I also had the same man who said I wasn't moving quick enough try and talk to me again but I wasn't having it.. then a couple days later I met a man who I had a conversation With For A Few days and then we exchanged numbers. We talked for a month before meeting but when we did it was an instant connection. I felt like I had known him forever. Needless to say I'm in love with him and we are moving in together. ... best money I've ever spent to find the love of my life who I am 100% mentally and physically attracted to. ... but I must say the men are slim pickings.... and are very shallow

melb23
7/23/14

Awful .....most if not all if the men on BPM are looking for sex and that's it. They are losers! This is all they have for there nasty lives. As far as the site it self, they are cons they will take your money and give you nothing...once again making money off of us again. I guess building this country was not enough! I to thought that I had met a really nice guy, but I later found out that he was having...yep SEX with a women from Brooklyn NY who gave it up fast ....two weeks after he met her, well I can't compete with that , because I have self respect,class and dignity! I will never let anybody take that away. Oh by the way I caught him red handed. Beware!

ikeepi
7/20/14

Use extreme caution about connecting with dudes on BlackPeopleMeet. Their only reason for being online is to find booty and have sex. These guys are on various websites and they are not the Laid Back, Drama Free, Sincere, I Love the Lord, Caring, God Fearing, Communicative, Honest, Gentleman they claim to be. These guys are romantically involved with other women (and men) but they'll lead you to believe they're not. One should wonder why guys who live in Metropolitan cities where the ratio of women overwhelm men (10:1) result to being online to find a "quality" woman. These dudes meet as many women possible, tell you what you want to hear, and string you along. Listen to your gut feeling and women's intuition when the first red flag appears and dump them; you'll save yourself much disappointment and headaches. LEAVE THE MARRIED GUYS ALONE; the fact that they're still married speaks volumes that they have no morals or do not respect God's sanctity of marriage. They're still married IF they're legally separated and you don't know what emotional turmoil his wife is going through since you'll only hear his version of what supposedly went wrong. You should also know how to run FREE background searches on these guys. A lot of felons and REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS tried to connect with me - that's right, REGISTERED SEX OFFENDERS! Google their biological and screen names. Please do not let your desperation to have a man in your life overwhelm your common sense.

divaw
7/12/14

The men I have met on this site is only looking for sex. You can look on other sites and see the same on tired men, still lying. Wait Ladies on the man that God has for you and the one you deserve.

anothers
7/9/14

Apparently, BPM is very desperate for money .....

BEWARE

They have reverted to serious skullduggery as they "steal money" from you as you click on a plan (say 1 month @ 18.00) and discover you have been billed a different amount (in my case 50.00). I will be reporting this to the Federal Trade Commission in Washington, DC.

I am positive they are conducting this slice of theft right now and will continue to do so until they are stopped.

sandram37
7/4/14

Yes beware I checked off for one month subscription but charged $70 for six month instead forget it they won't reply white owned and here is the kicker crazy but the prepaid visa I used there was about $20 money on the card left I learned lol..so whew!! It's a freebie after all men sex stalkers broke, serial daters, not looking for anything but sex, so I did meet wonderful man off here, don't join it's bad ..cons, tricks liars, don't ever go isolated or to anyone's house never leave your purse or drink alone, watch your bling..shut it down...making this couple more rich..ps don't use your credit card they will continue to bill you which is why I used prepaid visa from CVS. ..not sure how they forced $70 on that card and yes checked it only had about $20 i uploaded for the one month deal ..crazy..so they gave me 5 months free i deleted profile ...I'm in love..good luck guys Beware.

johng148
7/4/14

It sucks. They take you money and will not refund it for any reason. plus most od the women are stuck up and want you to be like them. so I say date yourself.

lizg11
6/28/14

I am getting ready to turn them in to the FTC and Better Business Bureau. They charged on my credit card for a 6month membership when I only do month to month! They also send out flirts on my behalf so I have all these messages from men that I wouldn't be interested in. When I wrote on my profile what they are doing they erased it of course!!I have heard from other members that they are doing the same thing to. They need to be stopped and or shut down!!

crystalb7
6/20/14

This site Im still undecided about. Plenty of men on their that are no longer active on BPM. I got lots of messages but a lot were from men that were 40 and up and wanting a beauty queen. Keep in mine Im 24. I noticed a lot of the men are unsure of what they want and play games. Their looking for a female that looks like a barbie doll yet their ugly with numerous kids and low paying jobs. Lots of JUDGEMENTAL man on here. They wanna tell you how to live your life without knowing your real name. I be thinking a lot of these men have hidden agendas. I was talking to one only to discover he was gay and/or bisexual. Umm....nasty. another guy we connected as friends but all he wants to talk about is sex, very annoying and a turn off. One more cancelled a date at the last minute cause he decided I wasnt for him...how dumb!!! Another was was clingy and moving too fast and we havent even met yet. Their is deff a lack of attractive men on here. The ones that are I have nothing in common with. Also tbe educated ones are uptight and brag about their degrees. A lot of games and also cheapos on here. Ill say this site is hit and miss. I might try it again only cause I still believe in true love.

tamj
5/17/14

BEWARE OF FAKE SITE BPM PUT UP .. to make it appear they have more choices in your city than they have .. i spoke to a fake one who would not call me .. he was very good looking and refuse to call but told me he liked me ... also beware of the fake profiles , i meet a man who posted someone elses photos up .. i meet him at a resturarnt he lives in arlington texas ... tall black man looks like a basket ball player .. he try to get me to go home with him on the first date .. he said he had a big house and plenty of fun things to do ...im sure he did ... i told him i was going home after dinner ., no matter what he said .. he started getting fustrated .. he oviously had gotten quiet a few in his house ... and was use to succeeding .. i cant believe this is really all these sites are about .. its like the club days when you got some to go home with you or you with them .. people dont leave clubs anymore with people so .... going home with someone off a date site should be UNHEARD OF ..BUT WOMEN DO GO HOME WITH THESE DESPERATE MEN .. trust me if a man is half way decent looking he either got penis issues ., real short in height , got bi polar issues and have beat up several women landing hisself in jail on several domestic violence issues or he is just a loner someone who is lonely and dont know how to talk to women ... im leery of the crazy stalker types thats why you dont let them come to your home .. on any first date or 3rd even ... get to know them ... i think its a needle in a haystack to think you will find a man off bpm ... you might as well hit up black planet ... in dallas you got more men from the ghetto side of dallas on line ,, NORTH DALLAS ,, OAK CLIFF .. THAT IS LIKE WATTS LA .. the scarry parts of dallas where blacks cell dope , and everyone is locked up , or has a family member locked up for dope , and drug selling ... i dont like oakcliff texas .. its ranchett ......... i got off that site i will find love in other places

chadw98
4/14/14

This is the most racist $#*! since naacp. If there was a white web site like this it would get shut down and the naacp would cause a big deal about it until it got shut down. So this is bull $#*! and out needs to be shut down. And what about white history month!! There is not one I wonder why, oh because it would be racist.

candacew2
4/7/14

While Blackpeoplemeet purpose is to unite people, it is also a scammers dream site. Please beware of 76lovemakerfun. he is a con artist who will not allow to visit him due to the fact he lives at his ex wife's house. He is a fake looking for older white women . Dates multiple women ,lies to them and takes money and steals jewelry. He lives in Alabama.

sa8864
4/3/14

I paid for 6 months upfront. I set up my site. They charged my account. That evening they cancelled my subscription without any reason and refused to refund my $70. STAY AWAY FROM THIS SITE. IT IS A FRAUD!

dj281
3/27/14

There is a man out there that goes by the name of WILDBEARCAT he claims he is single and lives in North Bergen, NJ , he is married and lives in maine, he is a fake! I let blackpeoplemeet.com and they did nothing about it, his profile is active, so women be aware of him, he is nothing but a fake!

vw1
3/19/14

I wrote a complaint to BPM about user that is scamming women in the Texas area, mainly Ft Hood, Tx area He goes by TYEMATTHEWS on the BPM website.
Instead of doing anything about him. They deleted me as a user. According to a friend he is still on the site preying on unsuspecting women.
BPM customer service is located in Costa Rica!!! They don't give a $#*! about the safety of anyone on this site.

reneea6
3/11/14

Met a lot of Guys... Not worth anything. One guy wanted to have sex on the first date, and when i refused he came right out and said, "That's how this Site works" Sex First Conversation Later...REALLY?
Another guy wanted my measurements before we met in person (that didnt happen).
Another one was a truck driver and wanted me to go out-of-State with him, and possibly be his wife-----I never even met this dude, and he was talking about Marriage.
Here's the kicker, I had some fool tell me that his Mother died suddenly and he need help paying for her funeral, and once again, I never even met these guys in person.
This site is full of perverts, scammers, and thieves.

randym25
3/10/14

Watch out for ALEXANDER20504 out of Raleigh. He work for CSX railroad and he has unsuspecting woman on his route between SC, NC and VA. Nothing but games. Beware.

sharkeishaj
2/19/14

I like this website because I get to meet lots of black guys with huge ass $#*!ing $#*!s that loosen up my tight $#*!ing $#*!.

toos2
2/9/14

My issue with BPM is that there is no real attempt to match users based on their personalities. I had to answer many detailed questions about my likes, dislikes, expectations, habits, etc., on eHarmony, but BPM only asks five personality questions, which are stupid beyond belief. For example, "Do you like going to the movies?" Really? Who DOESN'T like going to the movies? The matches I received were just a bunch of random men with whom I had nothing in common. BPM was created by someone who was trying to make as much money as he could by exerting as little effort as possible. Also, there should be a site ban on men who have multiple children yet have never been married. Also, literacy tests should be given to users before they can post profiles.

tamlal
2/8/14

this site is a joke, most of the men are big liars, they are seeing multiple women, screwing them all telling you that they want only you. I see the same guys on multiple sites. One man I was seeing did not tell me he was bipolar, had heart problems, and had major sex problems. He was stone crazy,when I broke it off he went ballistic, wish I could post his name, to warn women, but he is forgotten, will never be online again at least not this site.

coolbukkub
1/29/14

Well, I'm disappointed with this site. I paid money to subscribe and I chose to cancel out of my own volition . Yet for their selfish ends they refuse to take my picture off their web site, I called their customer service and was put on hold for over an hour without anyone picking the phone..I paid money to feature and I personally cancelled, why don't you do what I want you to do cancel my subscription for gods sake. I was told the reason they are doing that is to use peoples pictures for marketing. But that is a britch of contract and it is most unfortunate, how you could treat people like that for your ultimate ends. I actually thought we are better than that.

th3683
1/29/14

I feel this site is better for African American women compared to others.Yes you will find yourself attracted to some individuals and to each is own but when you have men constantly throwing themselves at you in a sexual manner It's annoying.You Should follow your heart and also take your brain with you. be careful giving contact information out right away.Most guys that are truly into you will be patient and wait.Compared to another site I found that most white males who claimed to date outside of their race were only curious.Most of them looked at African American women as sex experiments.They will tell you right away that they like big butts and some from oversea are worse.They already know that they have no desire to date/marry outside of their culture.Some use these sites as playgrounds with no intentions of developing anything more then a fling.So I returned back to bmp no one is perfect and yes you have people who are full of crap but I would rather take my chances here instead of a site with men pursuing a fetish.This is spoken from someone who married outside of her race with a child from that marriage.All I can say is be safe on any site and use common sense hope this helps someone.

cdw
1/26/14

I've tried to cancel my membership, with 3 days left over before the expiration date. The site indicates that I'm a still 'free' member. I try into link back into the site I'm not able to see the prospects unless I opt for the upgrade?!

demontezw
1/20/14

I met a whitey on this site. Like y cant whites not b on black ppl meet like dont they have enough allready. There needs to be a better racial screening process so whites dont bring down the quality of the selection. This is our website get your own

dm90
1/16/14

I met the biggest best player on this site with photos still over 10 years old or more probably. His profile was exactly what I was looking for in a man and then after months of on and off interaction I finally realized I was just part of his "starting line-up!" Incredible! I wish there was way to ship all these guys to the player factory!

dorisg1
1/5/14

I've been on this site for five months. I have gone out on a lot of dates, however, I've only found interest in one of the guys. Last night, we went out on our 5th date.

In essence, I would say most of the guys were nice, but, I didn't feel a love connection with them. In my opinion, the site is better than Match.com, as they guys are super picky.

Good luck with the site.

lataviaj
12/26/13

Let God be my witness!!!! I'm not going to lie older men and them let me holler at you round the way dudes are on this site. (BUT) this site (with the help of God himself) allowed me to meet the most caring loving guy in the world. I met my future husband on this site (we're getting married October,25,2014) and been together almost 2 years.

symonew
12/22/13

A lot of older guys with pictures from 10 years ago. I did meet 2 guys out of state a couple years ago when I first tried the site. Both flew me out to their hometown for a week and treated me nice. But of course wanted to have sex and get you a plane ticket at a discounted price. Lol. The guys in my area are not worth looking at on the site. I hate that flirts count as messages. Fills your inbox with crap. The guys are very desperate for a date after one message exchanged . Even saw a guy who clearly wasnt a member put his phone number in the profile itself. Wow desperation! Im not renewing after this 30 days is up .

mored
12/19/13

The men on that site need to be shipped onto a island by themselves.

Guy#1 Met one guy who continuously complained about his baby mama. After the third date he told me 'you gotta go easy cuz it's rent week this week' I offered to help with the costs of dates straight off the bat. Who wants to hear that when you are getting to know someone???? He then insisted that we should continue to date but at his place. Whaaaaaatttt????

Guy #2: Continuously talked about the number of degrees he had, as if they were glued to his back or he wore them like a cape. We had a mild debate about womens' clothing - he snapped at me for not choosing to wear whore-ish clothing and abruptly hung up after a rude tirade

Guy#3: Met a very attractive dude. We had great conversations for about a week before meeting. the first date he asked me to pick him up. He indicated that he could not get through the snow. I said no because I think that if two people are mutually interested they should find a point to meet that is a public place, especially if it is the first date. He seemed salty but we finally made plans for the next day. We had a great lunch, talked for a long time. He then told me he was planning to go to his friend's house, then he said he had to run to his daughter's house. I said 'ok' , but I felt like I was being brushed off. Spoke with him the next day and again had a great conversation. All the while, I noticed that his calls/texts got less. He eventually vanished. Not sure why but I believe he is STILL HUNG UP ON HIS X. He went on about her physical attributes etc etc.

Too many bitter and angry dudes hang out there. I am a bubbly happy person that is always making fun of bad situations.

Overall not a quality set of dudes on this site at all. Maybe the new year will bring some fresh pickings, unlike the rotten crops that manifest themselves there now.

beatricec1
12/1/13

I was first on the site for two weeks, met someone, then disabled my acct. He and I are currently just friends, but just out of curiosity I got back on the site but only have the one mth subscription. Looking at my profile they know that I am not looking for a long term relationship, just adult, intellectually stimulation, and informative conversation. I removed all my body shots because they really were the main attraction. In all honesty I have met and talked with a lot of respectful gentleman in my area. Was not interested in, nor am I now interested in having sex with any of them. The ones who have tried to play games I quickly flip the switch, game recognizes game. People move too fast on these dating sites, an that is when women are used. I have nothing against the site but trust me, my profile is read for it is quite profound.

johnk98
11/26/13

This is a racist website ran by a racist company. They also own asianpeoplemeet.com and whitepeoplemeet.com. Guess which one of the 3 they don't use? That's right, whitepeoplemeet.com isn't used, but they own it so no one else can use it. I'm mixed, white and Asian. I will not use any site geared towards a specific ethnicity. If someone would have registered that name first, this site owner would be pissed saying it's racist.

mistya1
11/4/13

First I have been on many other dating sites and I hate the whole online dating, but I decided to try bpm because my good friend told me she actually met a guy off the site and they ended up in a long term relationship that lasted a few years.
So I've been on the site now going on my 2nd week and I'm totally pissed and disappointed. First there is no way to communicate with someone except send stupid flirts and unless you PAY for a membership you will have no way of knowing who has emailed you or flirted, etc. so you basically Have to pay to utilize the majority of the features. So I paid for the one month only plan at $14.99 only because I had like 30 emails which was great because again I've been on Match, Eharmony, Plenty of Fish and had no luck, nor were there any good matches for me, and I never really met anyone with what I was looking for just guys looking for sex, trying to get me to come to their house, and playing games, I even talked to a guy who told me "No one really takes these dating sites seriously".
Anyway, after I pay for the membership I immediately go to check all my emails and most of them were from some guy I would Never talk to in the real world, he sent me multiple emails, the other emails again from people I'm totally not attracted to or guys were too old for me, I had a few I did respond back to that was it. I noticed that I also have seen men on this site from other sites like plenty of fish with same pics, profiles, same lies that have probably been on the site for years, but the kicker is all the Men say the same bullcrap, :they don't want to play games, and want a serious relationship"; yeah right! I cannot wait for my month to be over as this is the biggest waste of $14.99,and I still haven't even met anyone or had a phone conversation and one guy just wanted to email back and forth forever; just a waste, and I would never recommend to anyone, if you are one of the billions who actually had luck online and found someone special count yourself lucky becuase like what the reviews say people are online married, crazy, looking for sex, broke, and the ones that look halfway decent are conceited as hell and have a page checklist of their requirements for a perfect woman to meet, yet in the same sentence they say things like they don't want superficial women, really? The only site I can compare to this is Plenty of Fish,but hell atleast POF is free to browse, email, and chat, but same scumbags on so ladies beware.

ghostdogj
10/26/13

I am a black man and I have had sex with 4 women from the site... One invited me over to her apt and I knocked her off... the other 3 came straight to my crib for and of course I got the drawz. I paid 35.00 plus tax for a 3 month membership... ended up having sex with 4 women... Thats like 8 bucks per women. I am pleased. One of the women was white (Bonus points!).

deef11
10/23/13

I would like to say that I spent 2 weeks on this website and talk to many different guys and found them to be life's rejects. Most have no job, or wanted only sex!! However ladies beware a lot of these guys are out to rob or get money out of u and working with females to set u up or make u feel comfortable ! One guy on this website wanted to take me out and I met him at the mall. So I did and he had a woman with him, who he said was his sister and he ask me to walk out to his car. He claimed he forgot something, I decided to walk away and they walk out! I later found his profile on Facebook and that lady was his wife.....when I reported this to the blackpeoplemeet, I got no response and his profile is still up and running!!

michaelp69
Veteran Reviewer
10/17/13

Barf is what comes to mind. How can anyone go to a website with a name like this. It is so racist. This website would bring out the worst of people just so they can meet people because of the color of their skin. Absolutely gross idea of anyone interested for this reason. What shade of skin would be dark enough to be on a website like this??? How can anyone looking for a decent human being think that another person who selected this site for skin color could be worthy of their time??

anpa
10/17/13

I was kicked off of blackpeoplemeet.com a couple of days ago and I hope this review is helpful to someone.

First, I was soooo pleased to see the tv commercials about what appeared to be a classy, meaningful and serious dating site geared towards black people!!! Finally a site of stellar worth geared towards people like me!! I had been on two other black dating sites that I wont mention and was very very disappointed at the majority of the caliber of gentleman there.

Secondly, bpm really does have a majority of professional, educated men...1000s! I just knew I could find someone here. I received about 2 to 3 pages a day of gentlemen who were interested in me along with the daily 3 matches (even if they aren’t really matches lol!). But when I delved into these many flirts, favorites, interests, messages and picture likes, I found that the majority of these gentleman were only interested in my pictures. Very very few would read my profile or view the video I uploaded. Infact, many would even write to ask me why was I on this site. In essence, they were not interested in me as a person. As I read the other reviews here, this fact seems to be confirmed.

Another example of the fact that the majority of the gentlemen there are not looking for something serious is a gentlemen I met in CT. We had talked for a few weeks and decided to meet cam to cam via SKYPE. We set a time...together... that we both thought was convenient. I put on a nice casual colorful summer blouse and tried to make sure my hair was as perfectly in place as I could get it. I made sure my surroundings were comfy and well lit. I wanted my first impression to be of a nature that he would find me appealing as someone in a serious relationship with him. I wanted to make a good first impression.

But here is what he did for me. he met me NUDE while in his bathroom taking a bath!!!!!! From there, I didn't care what his first impression of me was but my first impression of him got me off of SKYPE in probably 10 minutes flat. I didn't feel he respected me enough to meet me in a dignified manner. Choosing to meet me in his bathtub did not send the right message to me. I kindly texted him that we were not right for each other and explained why.

A few of the men said things that were very lewd, embarrassing and just gross. Maybe they thought this was what I wanted to hear?? If I kindly responded to others I was not interested at this time, they became upset. One or two gentleman even used profanity...something I am not comfortable hearing/reading. I was glad for the block feature. I was straight forward in my profile explaining that I wasn’t looking for an overweight gentlemen nor for smokers and heavy drinkers. But again, these guys just don’t read profiles! I was here for about 2 years and perhaps 30 men out of the many hundreds on this site actually read my profile. Also, just because someone is interested or flirts with you doesn’t mean you MUST be interested in them. I was as kind as possible when gently wishing them well with their continued search. With almost each of these kind rejection given, I found I was happy for the block feature. However, when I was given rejections I simply moved on. I guess most men have difficulty moving on?

Though I was very discouraged, I hadn't planned to give up. Out of the hundreds of gentleman there, I met about 8 or 9 that I was really, REALLY interested in and that seemed genuinely interested in me. I actually met two others face to face. Of the 8 or 9, I found a couple of them were after the booty call, others had serious health conditions. Some stated they were not compatible with my busy life and lifestyle. A couple had sexual desires that are better left for anyone...except me! I only desire one man and after months of getting emotionally and mentally close, one gentleman changed his mind about a serious relationship mid stream and then a month later basically came back with a ‘can we start over’ attitude. Ummmmmmmmmmmmm, NO.

For those gentlemen who neither offered an image AND didnt read my request to have an image posted before contacting me were told that they were rude for not even thinking to take my wishes under consideration.

Long story short, I went to sign in a couple of days ago and found where bpm had terminated my subscription. I am a mellow person so when something like this happens, I simply move on. However I do try and make sure I am not frauded in any way due to rumors I had heard about this site. I contacted them and asked them not use any of my info for advertising and to make sure my info was deleted. They said they would but then they chose to tell me why I was terminated. They said I was terminated for complaints of in appropriate communication and the termination was best.

I guess I didn't accept enough of the guys on the site when it was obvious the majority were not caring about me as a person. Yes, I know men are basically physical persons in general but women are really breathing dimensional human beings. Gees, I wonder if bpm will terminated the ‘gentlemen’ that really DID use inappropriate language and communications with me? Life goes on.

lynnw25
10/10/13

I have been on and off the site for 1 1/2 years, and have met two men in person. It did not go well. There are some men on the site, as you will see, have been on there for years and not made a connection. That is because they are not looking for a serious relationship and either wants a phone pen pal or sex. If it's your cup of tea, go for it. It's not me for, and I will not try it again. Even men out of state are treacherous and not serious. I will try my luck in the grocery store. :)

lenan4
9/17/13

Most of the men on the site are rejects. They are either just plain crazy, jilted by an ex, players or very height or weight challenged. And the funny part is they are actually looking for the perfect women in spite of their reject status. A total waste of money. If you find a decent man on this site he will be one in a million.

wanicad
8/31/13

NOTE: The deal you sign up for ($14.99 a month for 6 months) will be billed as one lump amount!

Not really user friendly and honestly Plenty of Fish (a FREE dating site) is 1000 times better than this site with true compatibility tests and even an APP for you phone.

I cancelled my auto-renewal right away as after only 1 day, I am no longer interested in navigating this below basic website that I paid for - JUNK!

nopen
8/10/13

The user interface is AWFUL and nearly UNNAVIGABLE. Whoever was paid to develop this dating site that looks like it was developed circa 2001, needs to not quit their day job. Additionally, as a caucasian male who WAS potentially interested in dating an African American woman, i was deeply disappointed in the selection of women in my area. They were all either ugly, fat as hell, or both. Two thumbs down. I'm going back to Match.com to get my fleshy pencil wet.

hotcatalenaw
7/22/13

I signed up for a special at $8.94 when the payment was processed it showed a reciept of $54.93. That is tacky. If you are going to charge someone be up front. They will also automatically renew which means they will automatically take $54.93 out of your acct. without your permission. But the great thing is I used the site less than 24 hours and they wouldn't refund my money. I work in the same line of business and I know that I should have received a porated refund. Really disappointed in my black people right now and I will spread the word. Conversation runs the world.

vanessas9
6/17/13

I've been a member of BlackPeopleMeet.com for 2 months. My experience has been somewhat unpleasant, but I can't necessarily blame the site. Because they have no control over the member’s personality flaws, nor do they screen the members. I've talked to a few guys on the telephone.. But they seem to all have unnecessary baggage etc. And I just have to add, all of these men were college educated with professional jobs. So the caliber of men I talked to were pretty decent as far as credentials, education, and aesthetics. But they were lacking in personality and I didn’t feel a connection. I only linked up with one guy in person. We went out on a few dates, but I kept feeling there was something no quiet right about him. Well by the 3rd date he hysterically cussed me out because I refused to go to his condo. After he yelled at me in a condescending tone, I "politely" told his a$$ where to go then ended the conversation. It was obvious he was only looking for sex, even though he claimed he was looking for a serious relationship. But I have no regrets because I see all of my interactions as a learning experience.

The site is easy to use, but you have to be careful to not select the AUTOMATIC RENEWAL. I accidentally did, and was charged almost $70. I sent an email to customer service, and within about 8 days or so the money was credited back into my account. Another pet peeve of mine are those corny Flirts!!! Lol. They need to get rid of those stupid “Flirts, because their annoying. I just gives lazy people a way to contact you with sending a personalized message. Also there's a lot of fake profiles that the company creates to make it seem as though they have more members than they actually do. So don't get fooled. If a guy constantly “likes” all of your pictures, and continuously sends you flirts, chances are it’s a fake profile. If a man is truly interested in getting to know you he will send you a personalized message. I do believe there are a few quality men on Black People Meet that are sincerely looking for a significant other. However, you have to decipher through a lot of trash in order to find that diamond in the rough.

kimw22
6/7/13

The men are full of #$@#.....Ladies this site is a waste of your time and your money.....The men on this site are looking for ass..PERIOD. and their BROKE!

virginiag1
6/3/13

Seriously??? You have site called "black people meet"?! If there was a "white people meet" site, other races would have a field day with the amount of racist responses it would receive! Not to mention they would automatically assume it had something to so with the KKK. This is so not right, especially considering from what I have read so far, this site is just taking people's money and doesn't even offer what they are promoting. If there was an option for zero-stars, that is what I would have chosen. If you are going to have a site like this, at least give what you offer and be politically correct about it and call it "African-American people meet". Black is a color, not a race.

Best Online Dating Sites Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber