US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mousyd

I get a lot of emails from men on this site compared to white-oriented sites, such as Match and EHarmony. (in 88 reviews)

latonyat1

But please take out time to return peoples phone calls having great customer service is the key to success in business. (in 11 reviews)

finallyo

What I am saying to any of you who gets on this site. (in 71 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

samantham58
4/30/16

I purchased a subscription -1st mistake. 60% of them have unaddressed mental health issues- everything from attachment issues to bipolar to misogyny. The site sends messages between members not initiated by members to stir interaction. The site is constantly messing with your profile and pics even though you've not broken any rules. The filters are fake. However you choose to shuffle the profiles from your search you still have 42 pages of men in the same order. Frauds, liars, scammers,games and teeming with LOSERS.

rosettah
4/28/16

The men i met didn't have financial stability a place of there own or a car and in their 50s. sad nothing but losers

trickedyout
4/28/16

Did you pay yet? Those behind the scene of this site have drinks on your dollars and giggle at stupidity. 'We tricked another Blacky' smdh.

paulaf15
4/11/16

It's a Big Joke, old pictures of people, married people, and so on!!

robh52
3/29/16

It's not right to have such a site. If there was a site meet white people then black people would say that it's racist. There are no double standards in this world allowed.

paulettec2
3/25/16

Ladies be careful with Mikedynamite2005 user manipulator loser verbal abusive you've been warned

biggyb
3/25/16

this website is owned by people media. they have so many websites and all operate in the same manner. you can't send a free message, but you keep getting lots of spam as inbox, or flirts. then they ask you to upgrade to see who sent a message and read the so called message. do not waste your money upgrading, look for a better website .and even if u upgrade, they still tell you to add more features, to highlight profile, add more features to know when your messages have been read. all these features need more money..its just stupid if you fall for this. stay informed..be wise.not foolish.

vals17
3/25/16

The men on here are freeloaders, married but state they are separated or divorced, can't write or spell, broke, liars, mentally unstable and the list goes on. Also, the closer your membership is to ending, the more emails and flirts you start to receive especially from men that are not local or pop up without a photo on their profile. Coincidence? No, they set up fake profiles in an attempt to get you to renew your membership. I received one flirt and the profile name was Lisinopril. I doubt that anyone would select a high blood pressure medicine as a profile name. So on top of taking your money, they think people are gullible. Also, when I removed my pictures, deleted all my information from my profile and finally deleted my profile completely, I was still receiving email notifications from BPM that I had new messages or flirts. This was verification for me that this site uses unethical methods in an attempt to get you to renew your membership. I understand that dating sites are a hit or miss when trying to meet someone special, but this site is definitely one you may want to avoid.

janet859
3/15/16

The Platform itself is a Major Failure! From the method in which potential mates are presented, to the lack of user-friendly options in the application - it's Absolutely NOT worth investing in! Save your money and bypass this Disaster! It's a Joke that won't make you Laugh!

msm4
2/28/16

Okay if your into FWB or friends but i don't highly recommend it

bryanf26
2/17/16

It's not my cup of tea stuff keeps popping up its confusing won't let me sign in all the time just really would like a refund please.

drp10
2/16/16

My credit card was charged for a 6 month subscription, I subscribed to a one (1) month. Tried contacting BPM via email, could not find number to call. Contacted bank to stop payment, really time consuming.

gails62
2/5/16

The company has an advertisement to try for 1mo for $10. So I say ok and filled out and read all the small print. When I checked my bank account this company took $69.93 from my account. REALLY!!! So I unsubscribe in a FLASH got on there site and guess what no phone number...wonder why?? So I send through there so call email message BULL$#*! RESPONSE I already unsubscribe. WHERES MY MONEY...so I call the Bank and address the issue Chase put me on hold came back and told me what to say and the company phone number. Their represenative tells me they are going to refund and to look for it in 3 to 5 days. You know I askedwhy so long it didnt take you a second to take after you have a misleading website. She acknowledged the $10 for 1 month and want me to agree I said HELL NO I DONT WANT IT IF ITS FREE. GIVE ME ALL MY MONEY. The bank told me if they didn't return in the time frame they will refund my account and do an investigation on this company. I TRUST THE FEDERAL RESERVE will get there ASS about their money. So i did get my money back. Lesson learned is to : NEVER TRUST THESE DATING SITES...MORE OF A HEADACHE THEN THE PERSON YOU TRYING TO MEET. YOU CSN MEET HIM OR HER BY FATE OR FAITH.

tracyc75
2/3/16

99.9% of the men on the site are looking for Sex, one night stands or friends with benefits. It's a fun place to meet guys if your bored but don't expect e real love connection or to meet a good man that is marriage material. It's good for free food, boring conversations and flirty text if your bored. Philly0609 seemed to be a catch but after face timing me while he was masturbating and sending me $#*! pics I knew he was in it for the sex. He called me babe and baby from the beginning which is a No no. He took me out on a date and attempted to have sex with me without a condom. I didn't let that happen. No sir. Plus I think he has a gambling problem. Lol I've dated emotionally unavailable men & short men on this site and a lot of fake acting men which is horrible in itself. I'm attractive and a real catch but I'm also smart enough to know that this is just fun. Nothing more. Sorry Ladies. These aren't good men but thirsty bums. Proceed with caution.

terriy
1/27/16

How come I was hit with 3 fees somebody pls email and tell me how can I at least get some or all of my money back I was quoted 23.94 and got hit with 71.90 which I don't know what it was for I agreed to pay the 23.94 but where did the 71.90 come from plus help I'm pissed the other fee was 3.99 my email address is terriwooten4@aol.com

mousyd
12/31/15

I get a lot of emails from men on this site compared to white-oriented sites, such as Match and EHarmony. Most of the Black men on the mainstream sites don't email me; they want non-Black or light-skinned Black women.
I am flattered with all the emails from brothers who appreciate the beauty of my brown skin. During the year that I have been a member of this site, I have dated no one. This is because I screen out men. He has to live near me and be at least 5'8". Unfortunately, most of the men who email me are significantly shorter than that.

kishag1
12/21/15

I met someone on this site last year. We had good conversation for a whole year ,and I thought things were going good until he did something that had me thinking he was involved so I decided to end the conversation.He tried hard to explain the situation but I wasn't trying to hear it . So a year later I received a text message and it said I miss talking to you. So I decided to talk to him again the conversation was good,he talks to much and the conversations be a little boring but he was a good listener and seemed to care. Long story short, he is a nationwide truck driver and he makes good money. He is very free hearted and if your in need of anything he would send it to you. So we decided to meet up,omg,when a man sends pictures to you make sure you ask him to smile and have someone actually take his picture. When I seen him he looked like he lost 100IBS and he was missing teeth and teeth was behind teeth and his breath was horrible. He looked like a dried up crack head with dreads. I was embarrassed to go any where to dinner with him but I went. He was a gentleman the whole time. He lives a secret life,he wouldn't talk to much about women in his pass and he had the names Shayla and Monique tattoo on his body. He said they were ex girlfriends. That was red flag number one. He started acting funny like I was the ugly one,seemed like he was uninterested. He said he would be back for Christmas which I wasn't looking forward to it, because I was turned off. After a week he had the nerve to stop calling,he would call in the Am and never night always said he didn't have reception in the area he was in. Then just stop calling,which was very very strange. Little do he know he did me a favor because he wasn't my type but he was nice,but I can't be with someone that doesn't take care of there self and besides what am I going to do with a truck driver he would never be home. I think he was involved and just like to travel while he's on the job to see if he could get some ass. I don't remember his screen name but he said his name is Arthur Johnson and he goes by AJ hes 49 and said he lives inATL. I think he lives in Alabama when I reviewed a back ground check. I should of not took the second call from.He was just a waste of time. Be careful with this one,he likes to start things and then vanish kinda wonder if he was gay also. I guess I was mad because he just stop calling, why wasn't he man enough to say I'm not interested. He wasn't even attractive and missing teeth,smh,men ,lmbo.

terrellk7
12/8/15

I think this is a great way to let people meet up and have a good time. If you want to put your feedback on this go ahead and say something.

miay1
12/5/15

If you have ever had a problem with blackpeoplemeet.com, you are not Alone they are FULL of $#*!. Taking your money, charging more than you wanted them to. Try this www.ftccomplaintassistant.gov or call them @(202)326-2222 this is the FTC and you will get results Pronto. Spread the word

nydashiam
12/4/15

love him very much

nikkih17
10/31/15

I can only warn the ladies as a lady seeing what is on BPM. Please have some common sense. Let me give the breakdown of my experience over a few months. The majority of guys (notice I did not say men) on this site run the same MO. Just the fact you are on this site makes you a target for guys who immediately want to tell you how religious they are, say they are eager to marry, have too many ex-wives and children, talk about sex, their financial woes, ask for additional pictures, send you pictures of them cooking and of other women that they are talking to (letting you know that they are desired by these unsuspecting women that they are clowning), immediately want to make plans for Thanksgiving and Christmas or any significant holiday, that you know is not appropriate when first meeting someone. Use texting as a primary source of communicating vs supplemental in addition to making plans and actually dating you to get to know you. What I have mentioned is the initial checklist and if you decide to proceed with this rubbish behavior, you've been warned. These guys are flash in the pan, pie in the sky guys and run the exact same lame game. You have to do alot of filtering and do not waste more than a week or two after connecting on the phone and run my checklist to proceed with any prospect. Get a google number it's free and sit back and observe. They don't want to act for too long cuz that's too much work for these bottom feeders. My takeawy is this... One guy with this playbook maybe, but multiple guys with the same playbook?

jakes58
10/30/15

They will suspend your account without notice.
They will not offer you a reason.
The email I received, when I still had 17days left on membership:
"I am not able to assist you further. You may create a new account if you wish. This new account will need to be registered with a new email address and username."
Of coarse...looking for more $!!!

ONLY USE PAYPAL WITH THIS SITE if you are silly enough to join.
Do NOT use a Credit Card!!!!!!
PayPal has resolution center, and will act on your behalf.
You may cancel the recurring payments easily using PayPal.
I have registered/escalated complaint with PayPal for FULL refund.

Dealing with BlackPeopleMeet directly is futile, and time wasting.
[Update: I received FULL refund.. Thanks PayPaL!]

justm26
10/30/15

Wow listen ladies be very careful on this site it is full of scammers trying to take your money promising love and marriage but really what they want to do it take your money steal your bank information and robe you blind. They put up fake profiles of handsome men they have stolen from other sites. I have busted 3 of them myself. 99.9% of them are takers.

Its so bad that Blackpeoplemeet need to screen this thugs carefully but they don't like other sites. It is not worth your money to try looking for any "Good honest guys on that site." You will find yourself scammed by a broke low life. BEWARE.

td38
10/29/15

Most of the women I've met on BPM are fat, ugly and immensely unappealing. They usually have nothing interesting to say and they don't speak English very well. Ghetto is their second language. Slim pickings if you ask me. I'm going to let me subscription expire. I don't plan on returning. The virtual world sucks. Time to get back to dealing with real women. Best of luck fellas!

leenan
10/25/15

I have been on this site off and on for two years. Upon first speaking to 90 percent it was a NO after the first phone call. Most are mentally, financially or cosmetically challenged. But the ten that I met were very mannerable and employed. I chose one had a year long relationship and it ended. Working on #2. Even though I had to do a lot of sifting and blocking I still have had more success with bpm than I would have had on my own. My recommendation is to block the coo coos and be patient.

yvonner14
10/24/15

I tried this dating sight for only a month or so. Oh, how I wish I hadn't. I met a guy on this site that turned out to be a psycho. We went a couple of dates. I started to avoid him because I could sense severe mental problems. He started stalking me. I moved out of the area. Where I moved to he had a cousin. We somehow came in to contact for business purposes. I did not know that this was his cousin. To make along story short about 3 months after I conducted business with this psycho. I was raped by this psycho. Be aware be very careful people are not who they seem to be.

ralphj16
10/21/15

Most of the Black women on BlackPeopleMeet are damaged goods.

cherylj16
10/18/15

Just watch out for Carlos R. Smith. He is ex-military, PTSD for sure. He only wants sex, drops the girls after he gets enough and moves on. He is ugly, lives in a funky nasty dirty house in Laurel, MD. Drives a blue pick up truck and works at the State Department. He is originally from Gainesville, FL. He is on facebook. Ladies BEWARE!!!!!!!

If a guy says he is a christian, that is a big red flag. GUYS ON HERE ARE UGLY, MESSING OVER WOMEN, AND ONLY WANT SEX. LADIES, KNOW YOUR WORTH AND GET OFF OF THIS SITE. I HAVE FRIENDS THAT AVE MET PEOPLE ON THIS SITE, AND HAVE WALKED AWAY DISAPPOINTED BECAUSE THE GUYS AREN'T WHO THEY SAID THEY WERE.

mh91
10/14/15

BE AWARE!!!! If you "request remove automatic removal" - your credit card on fill will STILL be charged a renewal fee; before subscription expiration date, I might add!!!!! This has happened to me on more than one occasion. I then have to call for a refund.

jeffg36
10/9/15

Pure $#*!

bobc74
9/16/15

I decided to try BPM since people nowadays have an ear phone in their ears and don't talk. I regret from the start. The website give me a discount $11.25 for the month, oh yea what a lie? That LIE was bigger than America. After I made my payment it cost me close to $16. Don't trust them. I already paid, can't get my money back so I decided to use the site. Well was the greatest. Profiles just pop up with no picture saying they like my profile, my picture and give me some number to text, this happen several times, but i sense it all look like a scam, spam. I saw this girl and i say I'll try talk with her, little response with nothing to say besides."How is your day"? Most of these women who are not spam, scam are fat and ugly and call themselves(CURVY) its ridiculous. Is better if I went to the club, get tipsy with my money rather than paying this fake ass BPM. I believe these females on this site looking for BAD BOYS who will lie, disrespect them, abuse them, use them. Good men please stay away. Don't waste money, time and energy.

anitao5
9/8/15

When I joined BPM many years ago when online dating had promise, I met and dated quite a few honorable guys. Years later, it's nothing but recycled profiles, they keep "viewing" and never responding, which makes me suspect the owners of the photos are unaware their photos are still being used. And now, the company is obviously hiring a bunch of idiots because even though I am seeking a man, I'll find women's profiles as matches. They reality have gotten tacky as time has gone on, and that include SeniorPeopleMeet AND OurTime. I've done better going to a club to meet men. What began as a good idea has become a hustle for the company with bogus intentions. What worse, they are now owned by Match.com, who now seems to adopt the same practices.

normah8
9/8/15

Most of the guys on BPM and SBPM are just looking for sex. Both sites are like sex sites. If they say they are legally separated, don't waste your time...they are usually married and cheating. Oh! watch out for the religious one's and the opportunists. Either they are looking for someone to help them financially, sex is the big one and most of them have ED, liars, or nut cases. The one's who have been on here for years are looking for sex. Both of these sites are a waste of your time, ladies. Just a bunch of losers.

leeb57
9/7/15

This site is a scam. They send fake notifications of Favs and Flirts just to get you to pay. I paid for one month and the Fav notifications were of the same person. Don't waste your money.

lillianh21
8/25/15

This website Is no good There are nothing but losers On this site Please keep your money Don't waste it like I did

chocolatef
8/21/15

I signed up for 2 months and wasn't very satisfied with the matching system or the availability of new members locally in the Dallas & Ft Worth Metro. The members hardly changed regardless of age group. Most of the views and responses were from members all over the world. If you wanted to meet someone locally; you would get most members in all of Texas or else where. Local members were repeated customers and all they do is view your profile over and over. Very little conversation or communication. Difficult to find real professional applicants or people seeking serious relationship. Just seemed as if most were seeking very little or nothing at all. Anyway, I wouldn't recommend this site to anyone. You really pay for what you get. Yes, the membership is cheaper than most; but their is a valid reason. If you have time to waste, go for it! If you seriously seeking something more meaningful, seek else where. Honestly, I would rather pay more and get quality; than pay less and get nothing. There's a saying. "Nothing from nothing, leaves nothing." Peace

sonyaa2
8/19/15

BlackPeopleMeet looks like a scam, smells like a scam and is a scam!

I received messages that addressed me by a different sign on name than the one I was using. You get the run around when it comes to setting up a date because the guy you think you're sending your messages to does not exist! I can't believe the folks behind BlackPeopleMeet take advantage of people like this. Our society is crumbling because there are so many wolves in the world who will do anything for a dollar.

Tip for consumers: BEWARE OF BLACKPEOPLEMEET

philipb32
8/8/15

not FAIR

newm94
8/4/15

Only reviews i see are complaints about how the people are crazy and fake profiles lol if any of you have common sense even someone on fb can make a fake profile. These social sites dont come with a lie detector. You join at your own risk. But again, common sense. Lol
This site sucks in my opinion because you cant even view a profile without it notifying the other person and vice versa. I dislike all the flirts and your my favorite notifications. I mean when someone sends a message that clearly indicates that there is some interest. Ive already cancelled my membership and good luck trying to charge my card lol yea this is the first time and last on these dating sites.

harrietu
7/25/15

You stink.

shirevalm
7/18/15

They steal your money and rewrite comments for you when you did not ask them too. Ladies be leary of all these sites because these people do not have a clue to what should be done on BPM. The men are insane and the staff will not give you your money back. This site and others like it are only going to take your money. It seems to be catered to the wacky males that are on this site. LADIES BEWARE, MEN ONLY WANT TO KNOW IF YOU HAVE A PLACE FOR THEM TO FLOP AND USE YOU AND HAVE SEX.....GET AWAY FROM THIS SITE AND OTHERS LIKE IT. U R BETTER OFF MEETING SOMEONE ON THE STREET OR AT YOUR JOB!!!

miltonp5
7/9/15

I cancelled my membership for renewal on a section of the site that allowed it but they renewed it anyway and for six month, then I was told that there was activity on my page after renewal so they could not help me. The activity they were talking about was someone sending me a flirt, sending flirt are as easy as just liking someone's picture, that flirt is in message form so that you think the other person actually messaged you. Well I ask to speak to a manager but was told non was available and that they would have someone call me back, there was never a callback and my future calls somehow got dropped.

kandyceb1
6/6/15

I opened my acct at the beginning of april 2015. I rec'd plenty of messages but weeded out the worst of the worst. Spoke with a few on the phone and they all had issues with women and spoke negatively about their exes. RED FLAGS. Well at the beginning of may I rec'd a message from "myheartchoice" and he claimed to live in nyc. I advised him that I wasn't interested in pursuing a long distance romance. He persisted and after about 2 wks I relented and we exchanged phone #'s and emails. Well the 1st time he called me I was a little leery as that his accent wasn't of a person from ny. He claimed he was originally from jamacia....I kinda bought into, yet was still leery. He was very charming, smooth and quick with all the right answers! Well one fri I was watching dr. phil about scammers and they provided the name of a site about scammer called pigbusters.net. I immediately logged on to the site and contacted them with all the info I had on this person and whammo they verified him as a scammer from Ghana Africa. Low and behold his profile was gone on bpm..I thought the site had deleted him, however, he reappeared as blackdivinelove, new pics, age and a slightly different profile...I reported again to bpm and nothing done. Last week I searched bpm and low and behold the scammer is back up and running now using username blackmanlove2015. I reported to site and nothing has been done. This scammer is very very active and bpm doesn't care that women are being conned out of money. The scammer's original email address was godislove1967@aol.com and the bogus nyc # he is using is 347-580-1990. MY ADVISE SAVE YOUR MONEY AND DONT EVEN BOTHER WITH THIS SITE... FROM THE OTHER POSTS THEY WILL CONTINUE TO CHARGE YOUR CREDIT CARD IF YOU DONT CANCEL THE RENEW OPTION.

Tip for consumers: don't bother and everyone remember...NEVER EVER SEND MONEY, CASH CHEQUES, ACCEPT SHIPMENTS OR PROVIDE PERSONAL DETAILS TO SOMEONE YOU MET ONLINE...NEVER. if you want to verify whether u are communicating with a scammer go to pigbusters.net for assistance....STAY SAFE EVERYONE

patc53
5/28/15

Stay away from dreday07!! He has "legally separated" on site, however he is married and live w/his wife and kids!

miyah
5/27/15

I always thought I could tell when something is too good to be true, but sometimes you don't think until it's too late. I met a guy from like Erica who claimed he was unmarried, single, no kids and wanted to have a family. his profile seemed regular and when we talked he seemed respectful and polite so we met. we hit it off and a year down the libe I find out he has a fiancee back in his country of Liberia and he was sending penis pictures, and had multiple sex partners. he just wanted sex and kept going back on the website for more unsuspecting women... his user name was me4u1979 from Easton Pennsylvania, now he resides in Somerset, nj be warned and VERY careful ladies.. Fakes run that site, very few seemingly decent guys but more scammers by what I read.. check the grammar used on the profiles...

amyc55
5/25/15

This website members and staff are cheaters will take you for what got and what you didn't authorize. Staff is so aweful including management. WOW what a aweful experience never join another dating site again.

sharonb53
5/24/15

Meanwhile Im saying this site is great

glenb26
5/15/15

Normally I don't write negative reviews but I am compelled to do so since I have had several unpleasant experiences on the BlackPeopleMeet "dating" site 2 of these experiences were serious.
As a reasonably intelligent, very attractive female with a gorgeous figure, successful career,divorcee who was looking for love but became concerned about the caliber of men on the BlackPeopleMeet dating site. I first joined the site in October, 2013 and then again in September, 2014. Each time, I got a lot of attention and traffic. I was on the site a minimum of 3 months and met men who on the surface, appeared very appear very "normal" but after chats, phone conversations, and meeting in person, they turned out disastrous.
I wouldn't be so disappointed had I not been clear in my profile of what I was and WAS NOT looking for. I think that the unmitigated gall of some of the male profilers was what was most alarming. One guy was a divorced, retired minister who stopped calling after 3 months of chatting by phone. When he finally called back after being MIA, he blamed me for overreacting!!
Another was a retired law enforcement who insisted on meeting my family, having me accompany him to his retirement celebration, has more than 3,000 text messages to me, gave me a key to his house, has given me more than $2500 in cash and gifts, had a key to my house, left clothing, sleep apnea equipment at my house, planned a trip to Hawaii, taken us on trips to local resorts, openly talked marriage to my pastor and church family, has been a part of Thanksgiving, Christmas and holiday gatherings only to cut off communication coldly after I asked about his drinking (or drug) problem. When I say no communication, he won't return my calls, texts or emails. All I want to know is why!! I have everything I need so I am in no way dependent on him. He has supposedly written a book about relationships so I am even more baffled. I am glad to get rid of someone with such horrible character, but I still want to know what could cause a person to hurt another in this way.. That's all! Why??
I have to say that most of the other men that I have chatted with on this site have had equally questionable character. I was beginning to wonder if this site caters to recovering addicts from rehab facilities or just crazy psychotic, emotionally abusive men.

tasham6
5/12/15

Do not waste your money on this site. Most of the guys are crazy, lazy, bipolar, only looking for sex or woman beaters. Tela22 from Rochester is a nutcase.

stacyl31
5/12/15

THE MEN ON THIS SITE HAS TO BE THE LOWEST OF THE LOW. MOST OF THEM IS JOBLESS, OR WORK A JOB THAT PAYS VERY LITTLE MONEY, THEY HAVE NOTHING TO BRING TO THE TABLE BUT A SOB STORY, AND AN EXCUSE AS TO WHY THEY ARE SO PATHETIC.
THEY ARE QUICK TO TALK ABOUT HAVING SEX. TELL ME, WE WOUD ALL THINK BY AT AGE 48-55, WE KNOW WHAT SEX IS AND HAVE RAISED THE BAR FOR SOMETHING MORE MEANINGFUL, NOT THESE DEGENERATES.
THE ONLY THING THIS SISTA HAVE FOR YOU IS SOME GOOD ADVICE; GET OFF THE SITE, FIND OUT THE DEFINITION OF A MAN...THIS MAY BE A HARD ONE SINCE MOST OF THEM NEVER KNEW THEIR FATHERS. (OH, ANOTHER FAMOUS SOB STORY)BLA BLA BLA...GET OVER IT.

21 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the BlackPeopleMeet staff and other customers.

5 Photos for BlackPeopleMeet