US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joem125

Amazing support that I have only previously seen when working with a local bike shop. (in 49 reviews)

benjaminh26

Oh, and excellent customer service and communication through email. (in 30 reviews)

williamb104

I just purchased my 4th road bike from Bikes Direct and would like to recommend them to all. (in 31 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

coreym20
2/5/16

5 stars for Bikes Direct. I ordered a $550 Motobecane mountain bike. The bike arrived in 4 days, 3 days earlier than the shipping estimate that I received with my order confirmation. The package had heavy damage on one of the corners from what looked like a drop during shipping. The drop had caused damage to a clip on the front of my fork and deformation of the rotor on the front wheel. I sent an email to Bikes Direct and they immediately got back to me letting me know that a new disk and fork clip were on the way and provided a tracking number. Thanks Bikes Direct! As for the rest of the bike, everything checked out against the specs that were listed on the Bikes Direct website. I've used many of the same components before and everything looks to be in great, working condition.

marcusc35
2/5/16

I ordered a bicycle frame from their website, A few days later was emailed that it was out of stock in the warehouse but was given a discount on my next purchase. I then reordered it in another color. Two days later had the frame, BUT inside the box was wrong frame size. Was given a free return label and sent it back. 3 days later the full refund was given. Another email was sent stating they will do a full warehouse stocking update and let me know if my frame size is available.
This review is for the excellent customer service I received during this process by Karla. Even tho the purchase didn't work out, I would trust them for future purchases.

jimc133
1/30/16

Liked the white Motobecane Café Turino's so much we bought three of them. The BikesDirect $500 per bike price, including shipping and taxes, was very attractive as these bikes have carbon fiber forks, disk brakes, and flat bar handlebars. I shopped REI and the local bike shops here in California and none of them were anywhere as near competitive on the pricing, nor did they have the high profile look I was seeking.

I will buy future bikes from BikesDirect without hesitation. The only minor caveat is the List price they include for the bikes is not particularly realistic. For example, these Motobecanes are listed at $1200, however they have an almost identical derailleur system as our $250 Schwinns, in fact I think the Schwinn's are a shade better.

I thought Motobecane did a masterful job with the basic design, coloring, and graphics of the bikes. Coming from a background of building custom cars these bikes were ideal for customizing a tad by modifying items including the handlebars, grips, stems, seat, whitewall tires, pedals, chain, kickstand, skewers, even the rims on one bike, to make truly exceptional looking bicycles --- they get rave compliments.

The frosting on the BikesDirect cake for continuing to do business with them was the excellent service they provide. One of the three bikes arrived with a mushed front brake cable and a scratched rim. I emailed Larry in their service department and almost faster than I wrote he sent out a new brake cable. What's more, since I intended to change the rims I said they could skip replacing the defective rim. To Larry's credit, as an appreciation of passing on the rim, he sent a Cateye speedometer to us -- a timely and super nice touch on his part.

Based on all that, how can you not want to do business with these folks. In summary, they are appreciatively highly recommended. Jim

cliffs21
1/27/16

After reading a few negative comments on some bike forums I was a bit weary of buying a bike online but I didn't have the money that my bike shop was charging for a similar bike. I emailed the sales department and asked my questions before I ordered just so I had all my bases covered. When the bike arrived it did have a few broken pieces of packing material but I guess I got lucky because the bike did not have any scratches at all. My friend helped me put it together and I have already ridden it on some trails. Thumbs up two bikes direct for answering my questions and for the great deal.

salt12
1/24/16

I have purchased three bikes from Bikesdirect . All three I shopped hard and could not find a better deal anywhere .

Actually I think most people in cycling know Bikesdirect has the best deals and spec for the money

Reason for my post is service ; in the third bike I bought - which was for my brother - the UPS dropped hard on the end in the box and slightly knocked the rear wheel out of true

I contacted Larry at Bikesdirect service to see about getting ups to cover cost of getting a shop to true the wheel - and Larry sent me a new wheel and let me keep the damaged wheel as a spare

In my book: that is great service

I recommend bikesdirect to all my cycling friends

jeffreyp34
1/22/16

I received a most excellent bike, but it had a few chips in the paint, and the part of the frame where the derailleur hanger attaches was a little miss-molded if you will. BikesDirect.com offered to send a replacement bike, but I opted instead for a modest credit, since the issues/defects did not seem to affect the functionality of the bike, and I did not want to repackage the entire bike and send it back when it was 99% perfect. I would give them 4 stars because of the bike "issues" but because they were willing to completely replace the bike, I cannot fault them at all, as they have little control over the issues that I experienced. Additionally, the price on the bike is excellent! Thus, I have to give them 5 stars for this bike purchase. Thanks BikesDirect.com!

beckyd17
1/20/16

I was concerned that I had entered an old address after I placed my order and Karla replied to my email so quickly that I barely had to wait two hours. She confirmed my order was good to go. Very impressed with the quick response and kind customer service associate. I have since received my bike and all appears well. Looking forward to assembling it tonight. I would recommend this website.

rogerj20
1/19/16

I shopped all over for a simple 29er with hydro brakes at under $500. I could not find one anywhere till visiting Bikesdirect

I found a great motobecane for under $400 and free shipping

It arrived in 3 days and only took 40 minutes to setup

Bonus
I paid no sales tax!

frederickl26
1/19/16

I bought my Motobecane from Bikesdirect, received it promptly and paid a bike shop to assemble it. Still saved over 300 dollars and couldn't be happier!

dennisq2
1/17/16

Bought a road bike for Christmas - brought to bike store for final put together. Bike store was closed for a few weeks - when they finally got to bike they discovered that one of the gear cables was broke ( inside the frame). I had the cable replaced and contacted BD. They advised that they would not cover the cost of the cable since they would have sent me the part - fair enough. I then asked them to cover the cost of the labor - they refused. Doesn't make sense - whether or not I used their part or mine - they should be responsible for the labor. I planned on returning the bike - mostly because of the rude customer service representative, but as he pointed out to me I was beyond the 30 days. I was warned about BD - should have listened.

johns1132
1/14/16

I was looking for a very specific bicycle brand and found an amazing selection at BD. I had no idea there were that many models within this brand subset until I went to BicyclesDirect.

So not only was the choice of models perfect for my needs, but so were the frame sizes. I am a taller person and it was no problem finding the bike I wanted in the perfect size.

You know what would have happened if I had walked into a local bike shop, they would have pushed me into another model or brand because their smaller selection of 60+ cm bikes would have left me empty-handed. Don't get me wrong, I love my local bike shops but I prefer to hold all the cards when it comes to spending a few grand on a bike. Cutting out the middleman meant that I could easily buy a full carbon bike and get out for hundreds less than going to a storefront.

So, the bike arrives 1 day after I ordered it (I live in Texas), and I was well-packaged and I dropped it off to a local bike shop and had it put together ($75) and paid an extra $50 for a fitting.

The bike is gorgeous and there were no issues with missing parts or anything else like that, the communication has been great in general and I am completely happy.

This was a great experience and I know yours will be too!

JS from Houston

toddf16
1/5/16

Have bought 2 bikes here. One for myself and one for my daughter. High quality bikes. They are holding up very well. Miles ahead of what the walmarts and targets are selling. Assembly has been easy. Bikes recieved in excellent condition.
Only complaint is that UPS somehow rips the boxes. Both were torn in the same place near the rear axle. My cafe noir was still all present and accounted for but my daughters beach cruiser was missing its rear brake shoes...I robbed some off a junk walmart bike waiting to be scrapped..so no big deal...still...examine bike carefully before signing for UPS. Something in their system is damaging the box.

janh51
12/28/15

Just bought my second bike from BD. While traveling to AZ for the winter, my bike was stolen on Thanksgiving. I noticed the Black Friday ads from BD, and went shopping. I wanted a straight bar (because I'm old) but I don't like pedaling tractor-tire bikes, so when I saw Cafe bikes, especially the Motobecane Cafe Noir, with its skinny tires and light frame, it looked perfect. I emailed the Help folks at BD and got the reassurance I needed, then ordered it. What a treat! Black Friday caused $200 to come off the price plus free shipping!!! I had it sent directly to the bike shop and they finished assembling, added computer and bottle carriage, and it was ready. WONDERFUL bike, and the service at BD can't be faulted. They are real people, responsive and knowledgeable.

chubakas
12/18/15

I bought a fat bike which I paid $1200. Dollars.and I notice one of the arm crank treads was missing so I can't install the pedal.I tried to communicate with the customer service department ,after more than 3 days of waiting basically they told me that I damage the crank.I have more than 3 extra bikes and no problems.1st time buying with this web site all hell loose.I'm an experience bike mechanic and I know when a bicycle part was not build right.BE AWARE of this people,There's not an actual live person that you can talk.Every thing is thru e-mail and you will be lucky if they answer you.DO NOT BUY BikesDirect you are on your own.

johnm626
12/14/15

Ordered our bike at the begining of december worried it wouldnt arrive before christmas but got it by the end of the week!
Big box too so I was surprised.
My personal handy man helped me get the bike ready to roll. Now we just have to hide it until the 25th!

wilsonp10
12/14/15

Initially entered information for the order incorrectly. They corrected immediately and order arrived on time and grandson enjoys his bike. Nicely done.

jacobj14
12/11/15

Jokes aside,
I just want to mention that I'm satisfied with the ride and the staff was super friendly and helped pick the best bike for my needs, not for their sale needs.
This was for the BD at St Johns town center. Plenty of models available and let me test ride any bike on the floor, even the super sweet ones I had no intention of buying

patrickd27
12/4/15

This is a company that wants your money but provides no help. The only way to get their attention is to stop payment.

jamesl179
12/2/15

The nearest place to buy a bicycle was in a shopping mall, and thoae guys wanted an absurd amount for something basic.
I purchased the FSX dual bike from bikesdirect and am more than satisfied with my purchase. Bike rides as it should and I have more money for beer

ronj29
11/27/15

I decided to review BD after a couple years of being their customer. Theyve yet to let me down in the service department, sending me a new wheel for free the time my original was damaged in shipping.
The bikes always look slick and ride slicker (if that's a word) and my family and I couldnt be happier!

gregm72
11/23/15

Bikesdirect helped put my butt in a saddle and on the road! I looked around at places like Amazon, and couldnt stomach paying more than a couple hundred dollars when I saw they wanted exorbitant amounts of cash for a sub-par bike!
Ride is smooth so far on my gravity, if all goes well I'll be looking back to them for my children

kyler38
11/21/15

Immediately after receiving my bike in Mid-October, a single-speed with disc brakes (Gravity Velocity to be specific), I noticed some questionable things like the rotors being warped and the disc brakes themselves being spongy (something you should NEVER find with disc brakes). I figured I would just bring it to the shop to have it professionally assembled and have the rotors fixed, assuming these issues were due to error in shipping rather than manufacturing.

Two days ago, after riding less than 100 miles on the bike, I was riding home when the right pedal started to feel funny. I dismounted to inspect the pedal/crank and the pedal fell out! It had completely stripped the inside of the crank!

At this point, I'm livid. I take multiple pictures and write an email to BD to explain the situation (just as the website instructs). I expect them to be reasonable, I mean this kind of thing is unacceptable. I receive an email shortly after saying that I'm out of luck. The BD employee told me 9 times out of 10 this happens because the pedals were installed on the wrong crank arm. This to me is unbelievable. First of all, that leaves 10% of your customers that install everything correctly without any other option! Now I have to pay for a new crank arm AND have to get it installed. Thanks for throwing me under the bus, BD. I followed all the directions AND had the bike PROFESSIONALLY assembled. I will never again purchase anything from BD, and neither should you. I am going to buy from a local shop from now on.

Tip for consumers: Here's a tip, do not use BD.com. Go to a local dealer where they will actually take care of you when something goes wrong with your bike.

samg63
11/17/15

As a sort of early Christmas gift, I bought my mom a town cruiser from Bikesdirect, and she is so happy with her new set of wheels.
I decided to go now aince they had a pretty good price for Movember.

ljs3
11/15/15

I ordered this bike online a couple of months ago. Everything worked as it is suppose to work. Order confirmation, shipping confirmation, I Knew when it would be delivered and it did arrive with some damage to the box that it was in but there was no damage to the bike.

Unlike bikes from other companies that were shipped to me for assembly. The bike from BikesDirect was properly adjusted and mostly assembled at it should be so no further adjustments to bearings, brakes or spokes were necessary. I would call it easy to assemble even for a beginner.

I cannot tell you about customer support or help with assembly since there were no problems. The only question I would have is to do with the proper adjustment of the eight speed internal geared hub. Instructions for that are included with the paperwork packaged with the bike. Even though it was properly adjusted at the factory. Adjustment of cables is always needed once the bike has been used some. Parts will seat in and any new cable will stretch some.

The bike itself is great. It is an aluminum bike with a 56 frame size and it is a pleasure to ride. The bike weighs thirty pounds and I hung about three pounds of add-on items such as lights, tool bag with tools and a rear rack.

I have two other bikes. If I decide to buy yet another bike it will be from BikesDirect.

johnc409
11/12/15

I've been using BD for a while now for ordering bikes and they havent failed me yet. Fair prices and good service the few times I needed their help.
Ship times are OK once you realize the boxes are fairly large. Putting the bike together is a breeze once you do it once. Youtube videos are super helpful with assembly and tune ups!

richards177
11/10/15

I placed an order for the Gravity FSX 1.0 last week. it arrived yesterday and has felt great so far. I feel like a top dog on the little hills behind my neighborhood. Suspension works well and nothing has failed me yet. Frame is strong, too.
Overall good buy. Need to find a little more cash next time so I can get something even better

larryw45
11/7/15

I wanted a road bike for under $500. I went to 3 local bicycle shops and found a total of one, and then they didn't have it in my size. I started looking on BD and found 36 road bikes under $500. Then the fun really began. I could easily see the sizing and specs on all 36 bikes, including the frame, fork, tires, rims, drive train, etc. It was easy to see how the specs changed on each price point.

When I narrowed it down to 3 bikes, I sent my questions to their excellent support staff. Each email was answered within 24 hours by Chris, who provided me excellent information and feedback and also pointed out some things that I had not considered. Again, this level of interaction was better than I ever experience at my LBS, especially when they have such and limited selection. Finally I ordered a bike and it was delivered in 4 business days. The packing was outstanding and assembly was quite easy.

I highly recommend Bikes Direct if you want a great selection, great pricing and excellent customer support. For those who still cling to the LBS mentality, I would say that you are only limiting your options. Bikes Direct is the Amazon of bicycles.

Tip for consumers: Take your time, learn about the different specs for bicycles you are considering, and be sure to email customer support with questions.

keng32
11/7/15

I bought the GRAVITY FSX 1.0 BICYCLE because I needed a bike to work for Uber as a messenger in NYC, as I've been unemployed for a while and needed to do something for extra cash. The bike looks great and even better, as I added a few extra accessories to it! I get compliments on it wherever I go. I got it for a great price and is definitely worth more than what I paid in comparison to other bicycles in the same class which go for more. It rides wonderfully. After about a couple of days I noticed there was an evident problem with the wheels, especially the rear with the cassette gears attached to it, they were noticeably wobbling. I emailed Larry at the service department who expressed his concern, apologized for any inconvenience and he immediately told me he was sending out a brand new upgraded set of premium wheels to me and would reimburse me for the new tubes I would have to purchase, as the the.new wheels accepted a different kind of valve system than the original wheels. I received them in about 3 days and they were exactly as he said an upgrade for sure, they look great and I did a little search online and they basically retail for 2/3 of the price I paid for the bike including shipping! He also reimbursed me for the tubes plus a fee extra dollars for my inconvenience of having to go back to my local bike shop to do the work necessary to swap the old out FOT the new. In short, I am an extremely SATISFIED CUSTOMER AND WOULD HIGHLY RECOMMEND DOING BUSINESS WITH THIS COMPANY. YOU WILL DEFINITELY NOT BE DISSATISFIED!

GREAT JOB BIKES DIRECT, GREAT JOB!

jimc121
11/3/15

Bike Direct is awesome. I purchased my first Fat Bike, the Motobecane Boris X5. Buying was easy and the price was great. I received the bike in 5 days, Assembly was a breeze if you know anything about bikes. I noticed that the Rear Derailleur was bent during shipping but that was not a problem. I emailed customer service and they shipped out a replacement the next day, no questions asked. That's service!! So far I am loving this bike. The components are not the most expensive but they are not the cheapest either. All the research I did pointed to the Boris X5 for the money. It's fairly light for a fat bike, climbs and descends well. The brakes and shifting work great. I couldn't be happier with the bike or the service from Bike Direct. I would recommend this bike to everyone.

sc2063
11/1/15

I did a write up on assembly for one of the questions about that subject so I won't talk much about it, if you have concerns about that read below for details. I have purchased two bikes from them, and both have been great titanium road and cross. Frames are great quality, and the prices are great. Unfortunately I haven't had any problem so I haven't had to deal with adversity so I can't speak to how that works out. But also the BBB has a pretty good rating, so I expect it can't be too bad. Anyway as far as the bikes the welds are great and the parts are many levels above what you'd get for a similar priced bike in a shop. The bikes are totally on par with what you'd get in any bike shop (there is no corner cutting) they are just cheaper. I haven't seen anything defective. I have always been able to contact them for sales based questions. In fact years ago when I bought the first titanium road bike they were really honest before I bought the bike and mentioned they were having trouble with the wheels they had since updated the wheels to ones that are much better set that honestly always impressed me. It is actually really nice to be able to buy a good quality bike with great parts for these prices. Just so you have the right expectations. Based on my experience they are an honest business. They are no frills, and are trying to keep the prices low. The product is really good but they can't really handhold you like a large in store retailer by having you sit on a bike and measure you etc. Normally a bike show will spend an hour or so putting a bike together and fitting it. It makes sense when you see the price they more than compensate for that. Once you get it put together and fitted up you'll be way more happy with these bikes at this price range than anything you can purchase in a bike shop. The price is usually like 2x. Especially if you buy a high end bike like full Ultegra or something that is a ton of money to pay to have a bike fitted.

victorr29
10/30/15

I got on Bikesdirect looking to get a budget mountain bike and was astonished at the different options available. I appreciate diversity, but I don't know much about bikes, so the choice was tough.
Fortunately, I was able to get in touh with their sales department who helped me make the most informed decision I could before my purchase.

I ended up with a nice 2015 Fantom 29 X4 with disc brakes! The bike looks slick and rides like a dream after a quick tuning.

stanleyr13
10/27/15

I wanted a solid, inexpensive fat bike, and Bikesdirect delivered on that front.
Preordered a while back and sat patiently....when the ship dates arrived I was updating tracking furiously until I saw some movement.
Opened the box up and was delighted to see how slick the bike looked in person! photos dont do them justice.
It might do you well to have a friend with at least a smidgon of mechanical prowess to help you tighten everything up and get rolling.

Other than that, BD will do by you well.

jesuso4
10/21/15

I bought a cruiser for my daughter and she loves it.
Rides it to her friend's house and around the neighborhood no problem

jannets1
10/12/15

I was really impressed with my bike and so happy to see it show up! Buy Bikesdirect!

seanp27
10/8/15

Karla from customer service was awesome at tracking down a shipping issue for me.

samb124
10/7/15

Despite looking a bit "old school", Bikesdirect certainly delivers on quality.
Simple buying process, reasonable shipping times, saved me quite a penny.
I got a 2015 Mirage Tour and am excited to get into the world of road biking. The bike rides great and feels well-made.
If you're worried about using them, rest-assured that you'll be fine and happy with the result.

johnp282
10/6/15

As long as you can wait 20 minutes from opening the box to finishing assembly, you can't go wrong with a bike from bikesdirect.
Great CS and quality, and really saved me a buck. Shipping wasnt too terrible. almost-but-not-quite a week for a big box.
Overall satisfied and will look at them again for future bicycles

neilc33
10/1/15

For the price of a motobecane on BD, you cant do better anywhere else.
You have to put it togethee but it's not near as bad as it sounds. Cant comment on CS since I didnt need them once! hope i never do!

jordil5
9/30/15

I ordered a bike, they emailed me tracking, it showed up at my door in less than a week!
considering the guys at the stores I went to want so much more, I am more than happy that I waited.

timr50
9/28/15

I had a hard time deciding on which bike to select due to all of the varied options.
I emailed the sales department of bikesdirect and was put in touch with someone helpful and patient. He eventually helped me decide on a bullseye fat tire bike!
I'm gonna try to mimic their patience as I wait for my new bike :)

Great prices once you know what youre looking for

Tip for consumers: Email their sales department for help! They have a lot of options and it can look intimidating at first.

jimv21
9/24/15

I bought a Dawes Lightning road bike for $300, and I am totally happy with the purchase process and the bike. I thought I was compromising a lot of quality for the price, buy my Dawes is solid and smooth, and a pleasure to ride.

kevinb126
9/21/15

Bought a Motobecane FLY Team 29-er for $1995. This is a high-quality titanium frame, with flawless welds, and was an excellent value considering the quality of the other components. These bikes arrive needing a lot of assembly (same as the bikes your local bike shops receive), so purchaser must be able to assemble a bike, or have help from someone that knows what they're doing. But everything was well-packed and there were no issues at all- mine is perfect.

orestw
9/19/15

I am very pleased with the process, in terms of the arrival time, the 'modest' assembly time (two hours, but I am very fussy), and most of all the Motobecane road bike itself. I really enjoy the ride. Very nice and smooth shifting! I would recommend bikes direct.

damianc14
9/17/15

I first bought a bike for my daughter in 2013, because the wall store has nothing but grip shift on it's bikes and the same for sports & outdoors. Bike shops want an arm and a leg. Sorry, but I need those to ride. Her bike came in 4 days. Nothing was wrong with it, she loves it! So I decided to get me one of those 29ers. Took me a while to come up with the funds, so I thought I missed out on the bike I wanted. The website said there was 1 left in stock, but could not check out. So I called, and the lady was having the same problem, put me on hold, came back and took my order, 4days later, there it was. the rear brake (disk) was missing a pad. Sent an e-mail and received my pad 2 days later. The best bike outlet around, hands down! They deserve10 stars! Thanks BikesDirect!

julianm50
9/16/15

I purchased my bike from them in 2012 and had no issue with the purchase or subsequent emails.
Recently my rear derailleur hanger broke and again I emailed them with a copy of my invoice to get the correct hanger to order. The one they recommended is not the same as the one that broke and now getting them to return my emails is impossible - no response. Very frustrating

garyj31
9/15/15

I forgot adding the free helmet to my bike order, and they added it without any additional cost.

The bike arrived without damages and in estimated time.

pauls218
9/14/15

Make sure you understand that they will not speak to you on any technical level about a bikes before or after the sale. They have some cut and past answers for questions they will email back, but it will take a day or more for the response.
I bought a Motobecane Café Centrtury. Motobecane may not even be real as they lack anyway to get hold of them, that I could find. No phone, no email..nothing. Motobecane says to contact the dealer, but in this case the dealer is Bikesdirect who are no help. This is a big caution.
"TALK TO US
We love to hear from our customers. Tell us about your latest cycling successes and victories. Please see the sections below for more contact topics"
But fail to leave any way to do that. haaa haaa not to funny

I found this on line:

Motobécane was a French manufacturer of bicycles, mopeds, motorcycles, and other small vehicles, established in 1923. "Motobécane" is a compound of "moto", slang for motorcycle; "bécane" is slang for "bike."

In 1981, Motobécane filed for bankruptcy and was purchased by Yamaha and reformed in 1984 as MBK. The French company continues to make motorscooters.

It has no relation to Motobecane USA, which imports bicycles from Taiwan manufactured to their specification by . under the Motobécane trademark.

So if your not handy or understand you will have to use a local bike shop, that may not want to help and probably change you more for service, because you did not buy from them, remember you have been cautioned.
I am handy so I have been able to resolve most issues, but not sure it was worth the savings from buying local and having solid support before and after the sale.
Also, they say this bike will take a 700x 42cm tire. I spent $100 and bought and installed 700x40cm road tires and they will not work for a number of reasons. Explained that to BikesDirect so they world stop misleading users, but the response back was not good. What issues? No way the front derailleur in top gear will clear the tire. Frame clearance in rear is .060" on the sides at the frame. Very tricky to keep centered even with wheel straight. At least one brake pad has to be remove to clear tire when removing, That was a huge PITA. They made a chip like noise on front tire that I never did find.

karlt15
9/11/15

I ordered a road bike with disc brakes and Shimano 105 gearset. It arrived carefully packaged and is a good quality aluminum frame built in Taiwan just like you get from most large manufacturers. For the price it is a great value over buying one of the big boys if you can be confident you are ordering the correct size. While they are not high end, even the handlebars, seat, and pedals are as good or better than what you get in a similar bike from a big name brand. The most important thing is that you understand the fit and the ride style of the bike you are ordering, plus it helps to be able to put it all together yourself.

paulg88
9/10/15

I put almost 23,000 miles on my last fixie road bike from Bikesdirect, a 2008 Dawes SST. It came to an end a couple weeks ago when it was hit by a car and totaled. In all those miles I replaced the chain, chainring, cog, bar tape, and the rear wheel once at about 15,000 miles. So I bought a new fixie from Bikesdirect, a 2015 Mercier Kilo.

marko191
9/4/15

My wife and I were looking for a couple simple but dependable bikes to take leisurely rides on, looking at the cruiser style bikes. We ended up buying the EZ Cruz bikes from Bikes Direct. I couldn't believe how fast they arrived, the boxes were in perfect condition, as were the bikes inside, packaged and wrapped carefully. Putting the bike together was a breeze, though there isn't much to a single speed bike, but still had no issues. After putting the bikes together, I found a small scratch on my wife's bike, took a pic of it and sent it in an email to customer service. Within an hour, I got a response from Larry offering to make things right with this minor problem. I won't go into what he did for us to resolve the issue, but I will say that it was more than I ever imagined and am extremely happy with the customer service I received. Thank you Larry! The price of the bikes were very good for the quality of bikes we got, better then any bike we would have bought in a local big box type store. Great experience all around and would definitely order bikes again from Bikes Direct when the time comes.

I wanted to add to my original review, as mentioned in the first review, there was a minor issue in which I noted I contacted Customer Service and had an immediate response. Larry mailed out something to us to resolve the issue and when the package arrived, something was wrong with one of the items, it came broke, something that wasn't obvious when just putting it in a box to ship. I emailed Larry and explained the situation and his response came immediately stating another was already in the mail and it arrived two days later. This is awesome Customer Service that I wish all companies would offer. Thanks again Larry and Bikes Direct!

26 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BikesDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
2 weeks ago
Answer
julianm50
A: The trail is mostly paved, I have a Century Café Pro that would make this an easy ride
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
12/17/15
Answer
alanf34
A: I don't know of an municipality that requires you to register it.
12/20/15
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the BikesDirect staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

26 Photos for BikesDirect