US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

joem125

Amazing support that I have only previously seen when working with a local bike shop. (in 57 reviews)

benjaminh26

Oh, and excellent customer service and communication through email. (in 35 reviews)

williamb104

I just purchased my 4th road bike from Bikes Direct and would like to recommend them to all. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jasonk75
5/26/16

I was able to purchase my new bike easily on bikesdirect.com. I received communication from them and my bike arrived from UPS just 3 days later. ( I ordered on Tuesday and received my bike on friday). I assembled it easily and was up and riding by Saturday afternoon. I would purchase from this company again.

johnx4
5/26/16

when I shop online
I want a good selection, safety, good products, free shipping, no sales tax, and a super good price

Bikesdirect has it all

I have purchased two bikes from BD and I am looking at a 3rd

Everyone knows their prices are the best in the bike business
But service, shipping, quality
They have the entire package

chucky2
4/29/16

Overall, a really good deal. Customer service was initially slow but responsive. The wheels came in missing parts. The box arrived open by UPS. Initially had trouble fitting the wheels because of missing parts. Once in touch with service adviser Larry the problem solving began. Larry stayed a bit late with me on a Friday. Found out I was missing spacers. These were sent the following Monday and arrived on Thursday. I needed to file the spacers down a bit but got them to fit. Wheels are well built and true.

Basically, need to be patient if there is a problem. The hours are limitted, but I felt Larry was helpful.

Tip for consumers: Be patient.

maryh205
4/26/16

My husband wanted a nice bike that I felt we could not afford

A friend told me to look online and I found a fat tire bike just like he wanted at Bikesdirect

Stores wanted over $1600 which was about $2000 with tax

I am not sure that the $499 tax free bike I got is as good; but I know my husband loves it and rides a lot

Loving the fact that I could make him happy within our budget

phils63
4/25/16

If you're a bike snob, stop reading now. Nothing I say will matter. I've bought 5 bikes, road, mountain and fat bikes from bikesdirect. You get great value.. just read the components, Shimano 105 is the same no matter where you get it. I had problems with a cassette, bikesdirect replaced it, no questions asked, with a better model than was originally on the bike. UPS misplaced a bike that was going to my son at college. Bikesdirect sent another one with expedited shipping. I run into people on trails with bikesdirect bikes ( I know their brands by now ), and everyone I meet is happy with their purchase.

justinm82
4/24/16

This is my fifth bike through them two from two from Cycle Spectrum and three from Bikes direct.com. All bikes have exceeded my expectations. I have lived past 12 years car free and these bikes have performed as should in bad weather and terrible Houstons pot hole littered streets. I have bought from major manufacturers and even had bike custom built these bikes can hold their own against them. I make a modest living so this company allows me to afford a bike that could not normally afford. Keep up the good work bikesdiirect, you have a long time loyal customer.

steveg106
4/23/16

I have ordered five bikes from bikesdirect

Every time it was the the same; great price; tracking email at once; bike delivered in perfect shape ; setup and assembly no problem -- and bike same quality as the best offered in any bike shop at half the price!

I have told friends about the site who have had the same experience; so why not spread the word on the net? Bikesdirect is the real deal

rona1013
4/21/16

I recently bought two bikes about a month apart. The first was flawless in every detail and a tremendous value, so i got another one....completely different model and type of bike. The second bike had several differences from the advertised spec sheet. Two appeared to be a model year upgrade, while the other three were clearly a downgrade and perhaps a prior year as well. A quick email resulted in an astoundingly quick reply, a change to the spec sheet and picture on the site and a $35 dollar, unexpected refund!!! I felt the discrepancies had a somewhat offsetting effect, due to the potentially increased performance of the newer items. I literally asked for nothing but for Bikes direct to fix their spec sheet on the site for this bike and take a new photo. All i have to say is wow. Best service i can recall in my adult life, and easily trumps the local LBS level of attention. Bikes direct is the real deal. buy with confidence from them....oh and three days order to door at my location. excellent in every way.

Tip for consumers: Just do your research, learn to fix your own bikes and buy with confidence.

johnh500
4/20/16

The title says it all. Bikes Direct not only sold me a great bike but when a problem came up due to bad advice from my LBS they responded with caring prompt professional service. With their direction I was able to get back on the road in no time. Their service dept is trustworthy and will go the extra courteous mile to accommodate the customer. Definitely recommend Bikes Direct!!

johnw462
4/14/16

I must admit, all my bikes except the grand premimo I have purchased at bike shops

And I would have bought in a local shop except I wanted a high grade steel road bike
No shop stocks those anymore
Shops have lots of aluminum and carbon road : but you just can not find chrome-moly

I searched and there were a few available on the Internet
Bikesdirect had by far the best deal
In fact, price was so low that I almost did not order
But the Motobecabe online reviews are good
And the grand premimo pictures looked great

When I got the bike in I was blown away
Workmanship is really nice
In fact flawless

I paid $899 for a Reynolds framed bike with shimano 105
Most places an equal bike would be $2000

I am glad bikesdirect stocks high grade steel bikes
But the price and service was so good that next time I want any bike
I will at least check this BD out

mattm94
4/13/16

this is exactly what online buying is supposed to be like!!

Saved a lot of money
Quick and free shipping
Paid no sales tax
Got tracking email super quick
Bike at my front door in 2 days
Perfect condition

paulap40
4/12/16

Being single mom of twin boys is not easy; especially since you have to pay double for everything

So when my skins wanted HIGHEND mountain bikes (after destroying their Walmart bikes); I was not looking forward to paying double the $800 to $1000 per bike it takes to get quality bikes

So I did a lot of shopping and found bikesdirect and I feel lucky that I did

I was actually able to get really nice bikes for $399 each and paid no shipping or sales tax
Plus the 29" bikes the boys wanted came in different colors BONUS for the kids as they hate matching colors

This bike selling site really helped me out

andyh52
4/11/16

I just got another ride from Bikesdirect. Happy again! When I bought my first one, I admit I was a little concerned about buying a bike online but my neighbor told me that he was happy with them so I gave them a chance. Now it's the only place I shop for a bike. Ya can't have too many bikes, though my wife disagrees, or too good of a lock (the unfortunate reason I made this purchase). I hope my next purchase is because I just want a new bike!

austinh39
4/11/16

I got really excited about cycling last year, all types of cycling

Started with a beginner MTB from bikesdirect as it seemed like a deal and it certainly was

Then added a nice trail hybrid; then a beach cruiser
Both from BD

Just receiver my forth bike
A nice MOTOBECANE road bike
So fun to go fast on the road

I am becoming a bike collector I guess LOL
always had great experience on bikesdirect
Delivered quickly to my front door
And easy setup
Same quality as paying double in a bike shop

What else could you want?

michaell190
4/9/16

I thought it would be great to have one of the new Fat Bikes for riding on the beach. Local bike shops thought so too; but all their fat bikes were over $1500! I can not afford a toy like that.

I decided to try online; found some low grade stuff like mongooses at about $300; but I did not want to buy into troublesome low end junk

Found a nice gravity fat bike on bikesdirect and decided to give it a try
I sure am glad I did, spent under $600 and got a bike that seems nicer than the shop bikes that are $1500

I love it and I love riding on the beach

susanb161
4/7/16

My friend got a cute cruiser from Bikesdirect

I was kind of afraid of buying a bike online but I did because they had the bike a wanted -- a Monet blue parrot cruiser

It came in three days in a box and my father came over and put it together in about an hour

I love it

rogers175
4/6/16

I bought a Motobecane hybrid; as I really could not afford the Trek I had been shown in a bike shop. I paid $399 and with free shipping & no tax.

I was surprised when it arrived by 2 things
1 - it only took me 25 minutes to set it up
2 - it was nicer in everyway than the Trek I had tested 3 times

Counting not paying almost $100 in sales tax; I save over $500

I feel really lucky to have found bikesdirect

masonw15
4/3/16

I recently ordered a Fantom Comp DS Motobecane. I originally wanted the orange color but they did not have it in stock, Bikes direct emailed me and informed me that they had a black one in stock. I have read a lot of negative and positive reviews about Bikes Direct. My bike is in perfect Condition! EXACTLY WHAT I ORDERED!!! I'M SO HAPPY!!! I WILL BE ORDERING ANOTHER BIKE SOON!!! THANK YOU BIKES DIRECT!!! YOUR CUSTOMER SERVICE IS 5 STAR RATED!!!

weim4
4/1/16

Have a problem with my order, the chainring came damaged in shipping. Their initial response was asking me to file it on my own. Didn't get a response when I asked them to send replacement chainring. I was then asked to do a review here where I left them a 1star review. When they saw the 1 star review they responded and sent a replacement chainring and some tools to help me get the damaged chainring fixed.

Updating the review to five stars since the problem is solved.

scottc92
3/29/16

I am not a professional mountain bike rider, but I like good equipment that works. I did a lot of research and was trying to stay around the $1000 mark. I decided on this bike based on the following, Alum. frame with tapered head tube, Shimano SLX/XT compoenents, 120mm travel air fork, Guide R disc brakes, and the price. I got the box in the mail and it was packaged and pre-assembled very well. Once I was complete in a few hours (taking my time) the bike exceeded my expectations. It needed little adjustment to the brakes for rubbing, but that was it. I have put 50 miles on it and am very happy with my purchase. The frame is actually a lot nicer than I would have thought. This is actually a pretty good deal for 80% of riders.

dh236
3/27/16

I have ordered four or five bikes from them. All cross bikes. I like two sets of break levers, it makes riding way easier and safer than just one set at the horns.

I have never had any issue with a bike up until meow.....

Paypal messed up the shipping address and I did not look at my email receipt to catch it, so when I got an email from UPS saying I missed a delivery and I should be ready tomorrow I was like "huh." I was at home all day. I went to the door and no post it note saying I missed it, had no clue what was up. Fast forward a couple hours and I get an email from my old roommate asking if I was coming back to live with him cause I got a missed package. I immediately realized what happened and emailed bikes direct. I thought I would have to pay shipping. I live in Chicago meow and the bike got shipped to California. This wasn't there fault and could be seen as partially mine....

They took care of it right away, no charge. I've been in customer service for a long time and game recognizes game. I already tell people about bikes direct and will do so even more meow. You guys rock!!!!

garye20
3/25/16

I spent hours researching bikes and decided to buy from BikesDirect.
Bike was Mango FT3 Cruiser. It was delivered a day earlier than promise
and was very well packaged. Assembly was easy thanks to their Video link.
Welds were excellent, per my neighbor who is a military aircraft welder.Weight was
in the range stated at only 35 lbs with everything attached. I like every component on it.
At 6 2" it was the first bike I owned that fit me perfectly with the U Fit style. I love the fat
Vee tires and tread design, it is perfect for smooth street riding and sand use on the beach.
Bike is effortless to peddle in 2nd gear and extremely comfortable.I am 100% satisfied!

andrewh117
3/25/16

This changed the way I buy bikes. I will only buy from Bikes Direct now. My Super Strada met my expectations in every way. Company was quick to respond to emails, fixed a small issue with the order and made everything right. Ordered the bike Thursday and it was here the following Thursday- and that was after a few small issues with the ordering process ( Not Bike Direct's Fault - system glitch )

miket125
3/22/16

OK, so I needed a new bike. I have been visiting my local bike shops (LBS) for some time to see what I could get for my money. Everything I looked at in my price range was considered "entry level". I had worked in the bike industry 30 years ago at an LBS, and knew the mark-up on bikes. I started searching the internet for a bike and found Bikes Direct. Looked at the MB's and found the Motobecane Fantom 29. Arrived 6 days later, unpacked it put it together in about 2 hours (the bike was 50%) assembled out of the box. Tuned it up and went for a test ride. No issues-a real tight bike. I expect many years of used out of it. Quality is up there with my old Cannondale.

charlieb65
3/12/16

Bikes Direct is not a bad outfit to deal with.
Be aware of their stretched claims of comparative value. Don't fall for the "compare with bikes costing $3,500!". Compare all you want. You're not getting a $3500 bike for $600 or $700. That's not a totally bad thing either - just go in with your eyes open to the features and parts they offer on the bikes at their price point, and compare to other bikes at similar price points, and forget the hype. Honestly, this ought to be shopping 101....

Bike (Boris X7) arrived ok, no damage by UPS and only a little scratch on one rim. No big deal. Assembly took about 10 minutes with a helper. That got it able to be ridden and out the door of my employer's back room... and home.

Once home, the tweaking setup was needed on the brakes and derailleurs and seat, and bars and such. Expect that, and take note: You're doing the work a bike shop would do when they get a bike in a crate and have to assemble it in their shop. If you cannot do this, don't trash Bikes Direct or the bike, because every bike out there needs adjustment in one way or another.

Quality bike, decent, but not great, components. One problem early on was the bottom bracket was not assembled correctly as it was received. Had extra and weird spacers inside that upset the spacing of things, which was not immediately noticed.

Here's where Bikes Direct gets poor marks - on the up side, they were responsive. On the down side, they told me to go buy the parts (about $85 worth) and they'd issue a credit. I bought exactly what they told me to buy. I got my credit. The parts they said to buy were not the right parts.... they ought to have known this. In my case, they suggested Surly bottom bracket (which is for the Shimano style crank). The bike has a SRAM style crank, so the Surly part wont work. Their bad, and they lose a star off their rating.

And, I tried three local bike shops that all snubbed any sort of fat tire bike... and basically refused to help, with Bike America being the worst of the bunch. They wanted $150 to look over, change the bad part (5 minute job), and adjust - plus parts! Hence my reliance on my own sleuthing. Hey I got an education in bike assembly, tweaks and repair! FWIW, once I had the right bottom bracket (about $40), learning to change it, and doing the actual work did take all of five minutes, plus another five to get the sticky grease off my hands!

I would have given Bikes Direct a five star, but they get four for sending me on a goose chase. I got the right parts at my own expense and frankly, I did an upgrade when getting the right part, so I don't feel too terribly bad about it all.

And, yes, I'd buy from Bikes Direct again. I'd steer a friend toward them. I'd steer family to them. They're an ok oufit, just... you're gonna have to either DIY, or lean on local help (that you pay for). Bikes from Bikes Direct are sort of like a sweat equity house....

Me - I'm a better than most mechanic, just unschooled about bicycles. I work on all my own vehicles, have rebuilt Harley engines with no problems. I'm also a cheap so-and-so, and love to save a buck, but not at the expense of quality.

rachelb77
3/9/16

I received my new road bike from bikes direct in good condition aside from
One issue, details to follow. I was slightly overwhelmed by the unpacking and assembly but was determined to do it myself. I watched the videos that were sent to me and I was able to get everything tightened down. The only thing I was stumped on was the tires and how to inflate them. I figured it out quickly after a bit of research but wish I had known beforehand so I could have had the right pump ready. All is well now and I plan to help my boyfriend choose one soon so we can ride together. I do recommend this company.

derekb32
3/8/16

We just purchased 2 bikes, 1 Gravity FSX and a Motobecane 627. Both arrived within 6 days or less and in excellent condition. Bikes were built within 20 minutes each and had no visible defects. I have used my bike twice and we performed flawlessly, other than minor adjustments to the gears and seat. My wife road her bike yesterday and the pedal was making a noise. I emailed Bikesdirect and "Larry" asked some basic questions and then sent a set of pedals to me. I could not have asked for better customer service. Thank you Bikesdirect for your professionalism and service.
Derek Bate

sandyw45
2/26/16

Hello. Want to thank you for an out standing bike.
I put it together the best I could and called friends to help me with the rest. I didn't want to die hahaha
When mark my friend who knows bikes said you paid over a thousand dollars for this bike.. It is all new technology.
I smiled wondering if I should let him think that and then stated.... I paid 350 for it hahahaha.
They just didn't even believe me. One said the fork is worth that.
Well ty for the best bike ever guys. Well played and well done.
Sandy west

christinet34
2/18/16

I got the hubs a fat bike for Christmas from bikes direct. The purchase went smoothly and he has been enjoying it the last few weekends. We would purchase from here again.

jennyb38
2/18/16

I purchased a road bike with some guidance from a friend who has more knowledge about bikes than I do. The bike arrived and box was just fine. My friend helped me assemble it and we were both impressed with the quality of my new bike for the price I paid . I would recommend bikes direct to anyone.

miker165
2/18/16

I have said it before, but I expect you don't get tired of hearing it. Your customer service is awesome! This is the fifth bike (one road, one 29er, three fatties) I've bought from BD and the two times I've had minor issues the response has been lightning quick and completely satisfactory. And yes, I have told my friends. Four of them now own bikes from BD.

rogerh48

What can I say
I sent two questions by email and got instant responses that were very friendly

Orders a bike and saved over 50% off a shop price

Got the bike in three days
Took 30 minutes to setup
Rides and looks great

How can you beat that ?

andye15
2/15/16

Bought a 2nd bike from bikes direct, Transaction ID:88Y32224G19705401. The wheels were significantly out of true. Was told in email basicaly that is just the way it is. I was helped by telling me to fix the wheels my self or pay someone else to do the job. Even a crappy Huffy bike from Kmart has truer wheels. Not satisfied.

In response to Mike, I'm not so dumb, the wheels left the factory in a very bad state of trueness and shipping had nothing at all to do with what I got. So after I spend a couple of hours putting together and fixing another flaw (a mis-aligned crank arm, brake pads not even close to alignment) I'm supposed to spend more time and effort to ship the bike back? Or are you trying to tell me that it is standard practice for bike wheels to leave the factory a mess? Granted the bike was a low end model but I just can't believe it is standard practice for wheels to come off the factory floor way out of true even for bottom of the line bikes? I don't buy it. Thanks for nothing.

In response to your responce, I sent you guys an email and you basically told me to pound sand. Why did I need to respond to that? In the email I was given a load about how shipping likely caused my problem, not that dumb. I clearly got a bad set of wheels, guess that happens on the factory floor from time to time. If you would like to help then please offer to send me a replacement set of wheels anything short of that will not satisfy me. Good day.

Update, video of wheel rotating can be seen in the following link,

coreym20
2/5/16

5 stars for Bikes Direct. I ordered a $550 Motobecane mountain bike. The bike arrived in 4 days, 3 days earlier than the shipping estimate that I received with my order confirmation. The package had heavy damage on one of the corners from what looked like a drop during shipping. The drop had caused damage to a clip on the front of my fork and deformation of the rotor on the front wheel. I sent an email to Bikes Direct and they immediately got back to me letting me know that a new disk and fork clip were on the way and provided a tracking number. Thanks Bikes Direct! As for the rest of the bike, everything checked out against the specs that were listed on the Bikes Direct website. I've used many of the same components before and everything looks to be in great, working condition.

marcusc35
2/5/16

I ordered a bicycle frame from their website, A few days later was emailed that it was out of stock in the warehouse but was given a discount on my next purchase. I then reordered it in another color. Two days later had the frame, BUT inside the box was wrong frame size. Was given a free return label and sent it back. 3 days later the full refund was given. Another email was sent stating they will do a full warehouse stocking update and let me know if my frame size is available.
This review is for the excellent customer service I received during this process by Karla. Even tho the purchase didn't work out, I would trust them for future purchases.

jimc133
1/30/16

Liked the white Motobecane Café Turino's so much we bought three of them. The BikesDirect $500 per bike price, including shipping and taxes, was very attractive as these bikes have carbon fiber forks, disk brakes, and flat bar handlebars. I shopped REI and the local bike shops here in California and none of them were anywhere as near competitive on the pricing, nor did they have the high profile look I was seeking.

I will buy future bikes from BikesDirect without hesitation. The only minor caveat is the List price they include for the bikes is not particularly realistic. For example, these Motobecanes are listed at $1200, however they have an almost identical derailleur system as our $250 Schwinns, in fact I think the Schwinn's are a shade better.

I thought Motobecane did a masterful job with the basic design, coloring, and graphics of the bikes. Coming from a background of building custom cars these bikes were ideal for customizing a tad by modifying items including the handlebars, grips, stems, seat, whitewall tires, pedals, chain, kickstand, skewers, even the rims on one bike, to make truly exceptional looking bicycles --- they get rave compliments.

The frosting on the BikesDirect cake for continuing to do business with them was the excellent service they provide. One of the three bikes arrived with a mushed front brake cable and a scratched rim. I emailed Larry in their service department and almost faster than I wrote he sent out a new brake cable. What's more, since I intended to change the rims I said they could skip replacing the defective rim. To Larry's credit, as an appreciation of passing on the rim, he sent a Cateye speedometer to us -- a timely and super nice touch on his part.

Based on all that, how can you not want to do business with these folks. In summary, they are appreciatively highly recommended. Jim

cliffs21
1/27/16

After reading a few negative comments on some bike forums I was a bit weary of buying a bike online but I didn't have the money that my bike shop was charging for a similar bike. I emailed the sales department and asked my questions before I ordered just so I had all my bases covered. When the bike arrived it did have a few broken pieces of packing material but I guess I got lucky because the bike did not have any scratches at all. My friend helped me put it together and I have already ridden it on some trails. Thumbs up two bikes direct for answering my questions and for the great deal.

salt12
1/24/16

I have purchased three bikes from Bikesdirect . All three I shopped hard and could not find a better deal anywhere .

Actually I think most people in cycling know Bikesdirect has the best deals and spec for the money

Reason for my post is service ; in the third bike I bought - which was for my brother - the UPS dropped hard on the end in the box and slightly knocked the rear wheel out of true

I contacted Larry at Bikesdirect service to see about getting ups to cover cost of getting a shop to true the wheel - and Larry sent me a new wheel and let me keep the damaged wheel as a spare

In my book: that is great service

I recommend bikesdirect to all my cycling friends

jeffreyp34
1/22/16

I received a most excellent bike, but it had a few chips in the paint, and the part of the frame where the derailleur hanger attaches was a little miss-molded if you will. BikesDirect.com offered to send a replacement bike, but I opted instead for a modest credit, since the issues/defects did not seem to affect the functionality of the bike, and I did not want to repackage the entire bike and send it back when it was 99% perfect. I would give them 4 stars because of the bike "issues" but because they were willing to completely replace the bike, I cannot fault them at all, as they have little control over the issues that I experienced. Additionally, the price on the bike is excellent! Thus, I have to give them 5 stars for this bike purchase. Thanks BikesDirect.com!

beckyd17
1/20/16

I was concerned that I had entered an old address after I placed my order and Karla replied to my email so quickly that I barely had to wait two hours. She confirmed my order was good to go. Very impressed with the quick response and kind customer service associate. I have since received my bike and all appears well. Looking forward to assembling it tonight. I would recommend this website.

rogerj20
1/19/16

I shopped all over for a simple 29er with hydro brakes at under $500. I could not find one anywhere till visiting Bikesdirect

I found a great motobecane for under $400 and free shipping

It arrived in 3 days and only took 40 minutes to setup

Bonus
I paid no sales tax!

frederickl26
1/19/16

I bought my Motobecane from Bikesdirect, received it promptly and paid a bike shop to assemble it. Still saved over 300 dollars and couldn't be happier!

dennisq2
1/17/16

Bought a road bike for Christmas - brought to bike store for final put together. Bike store was closed for a few weeks - when they finally got to bike they discovered that one of the gear cables was broke ( inside the frame). I had the cable replaced and contacted BD. They advised that they would not cover the cost of the cable since they would have sent me the part - fair enough. I then asked them to cover the cost of the labor - they refused. Doesn't make sense - whether or not I used their part or mine - they should be responsible for the labor. I planned on returning the bike - mostly because of the rude customer service representative, but as he pointed out to me I was beyond the 30 days. I was warned about BD - should have listened.

johns1132
1/14/16

I was looking for a very specific bicycle brand and found an amazing selection at BD. I had no idea there were that many models within this brand subset until I went to BicyclesDirect.

So not only was the choice of models perfect for my needs, but so were the frame sizes. I am a taller person and it was no problem finding the bike I wanted in the perfect size.

You know what would have happened if I had walked into a local bike shop, they would have pushed me into another model or brand because their smaller selection of 60+ cm bikes would have left me empty-handed. Don't get me wrong, I love my local bike shops but I prefer to hold all the cards when it comes to spending a few grand on a bike. Cutting out the middleman meant that I could easily buy a full carbon bike and get out for hundreds less than going to a storefront.

So, the bike arrives 1 day after I ordered it (I live in Texas), and I was well-packaged and I dropped it off to a local bike shop and had it put together ($75) and paid an extra $50 for a fitting.

The bike is gorgeous and there were no issues with missing parts or anything else like that, the communication has been great in general and I am completely happy.

This was a great experience and I know yours will be too!

JS from Houston

toddf16
1/5/16

Have bought 2 bikes here. One for myself and one for my daughter. High quality bikes. They are holding up very well. Miles ahead of what the walmarts and targets are selling. Assembly has been easy. Bikes recieved in excellent condition.
Only complaint is that UPS somehow rips the boxes. Both were torn in the same place near the rear axle. My cafe noir was still all present and accounted for but my daughters beach cruiser was missing its rear brake shoes...I robbed some off a junk walmart bike waiting to be scrapped..so no big deal...still...examine bike carefully before signing for UPS. Something in their system is damaging the box.

janh51
12/28/15

Just bought my second bike from BD. While traveling to AZ for the winter, my bike was stolen on Thanksgiving. I noticed the Black Friday ads from BD, and went shopping. I wanted a straight bar (because I'm old) but I don't like pedaling tractor-tire bikes, so when I saw Cafe bikes, especially the Motobecane Cafe Noir, with its skinny tires and light frame, it looked perfect. I emailed the Help folks at BD and got the reassurance I needed, then ordered it. What a treat! Black Friday caused $200 to come off the price plus free shipping!!! I had it sent directly to the bike shop and they finished assembling, added computer and bottle carriage, and it was ready. WONDERFUL bike, and the service at BD can't be faulted. They are real people, responsive and knowledgeable.

chubakas
12/18/15

I bought a fat bike which I paid $1200. Dollars.and I notice one of the arm crank treads was missing so I can't install the pedal.I tried to communicate with the customer service department ,after more than 3 days of waiting basically they told me that I damage the crank.I have more than 3 extra bikes and no problems.1st time buying with this web site all hell loose.I'm an experience bike mechanic and I know when a bicycle part was not build right.BE AWARE of this people,There's not an actual live person that you can talk.Every thing is thru e-mail and you will be lucky if they answer you.DO NOT BUY BikesDirect you are on your own.

johnm626
12/14/15

Ordered our bike at the begining of december worried it wouldnt arrive before christmas but got it by the end of the week!
Big box too so I was surprised.
My personal handy man helped me get the bike ready to roll. Now we just have to hide it until the 25th!

wilsonp10
12/14/15

Initially entered information for the order incorrectly. They corrected immediately and order arrived on time and grandson enjoys his bike. Nicely done.

jacobj14
12/11/15

Jokes aside,
I just want to mention that I'm satisfied with the ride and the staff was super friendly and helped pick the best bike for my needs, not for their sale needs.
This was for the BD at St Johns town center. Plenty of models available and let me test ride any bike on the floor, even the super sweet ones I had no intention of buying

34 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the BikesDirect staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
1 week ago
Answer
mikes244
A: Hi - All bikes we sell are new :)
Super easy to assemble. Most are up to 90% assembled. Check out our customer reviews page here http://www.bikesdirect.com/testimon.htm and our assembly tips page here. Eleven Year old customer Jeremy assembled his own bike and made a video http://www.bikesdirect.com/instructionhelp.htm
1 week ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
2 weeks ago
Answer
mikes244
A: hi - the Bikesdirect Fantom 29 Comp DS are brand new 2016 bikes and not yet on the Motobecane site. Bikesdirect is selling them to test market response. How do you like them? All specs and geometry can be found on the links on this page:
They are selling out fast - if your size is instock, Grab it before they are gone :)
2 weeks ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
See more Q&A
See more Q&A
Questions? Get answers from the BikesDirect staff and other customers.

28 Photos for BikesDirect