US Government's NSF
SiteJabber for Business

179 Reviews for BidCactus

Review Highlights

maryh3

the average card sells for $2 to $3 dollars for a $50 card.

dianeh

I got several gift cards for only a couple of bids each.

gc

They have an indefinite ending time on their auctions.

1 star
Rating Distribution

▼ Sort by: recent

bk25
9/2/13

SCAM SITE! BEWARE! craigslist had a grill for sale. i emailed the seller. she (katie) said that it was sold, but that she had bought a few of them on bidcactus and she buys stuff on there all the time and sells stuff and makes a profit all the time. i trused that and checked into the site. just signing up, i didn't realize i was buying bid packages or something of that nature. low and behold, i have a $79 credit card bill for nothing. bidcactus has a phone number, but try calling ---- surprise surpries! disconnected! i went back to the craigslist person. told her what happened, and told her/him i would be filing a law suit against them unless they could prove they were legit. never heard from her/him.
LETS ALL complain to craigslist. CLASS ACTION SUIT - ANYBODY A LAWYER? I like to see the owners of that company do some time!!!!

sheilas12
8/26/13

I am extremely DISAPPOINTED in myself for not reviewing this site. I had the exact same experience with a seller of a MACBOOK Pro on Craigslist... when I "emailed them" to inquire about the laptop, they wrote back telling me they had sold it to someone already (even though their ad stated "if this ad is still up, it's still available"... This is what they said in their email response to me.

" Hello Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just bought 3 of these from retailcactus.com and I resold them for some extra money. The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win most of the time."

Well, I went to the retailcactus.com website which REDIRECTED ME to BIDCACTUS.com, I bought 79$ worth of bids.... and jumped in and started to observe what was going on. I also CALLED BIDCACTUS since I was confused about a couple of things (most importantly I wanted to know at what value had I purchased each bid?) I started noticing the exact things that have already been mentioned! Same bidders winning...AND the winning bidders would bid on other products at the beginning of the bid with 60 minutes left?? How stupid is that! That raised a red flag. I then bid in succession against other bidders back-to-back-to-back-to-back and it seems as there are several with automated bidding going on. Now I know I've been scammed. I am SO LIVID right now! I went on this site to look for a laptop for my son's birthday at a decent price. I spent part of his birthday gift money (79$) and feel completely "taken".

Here's the good news. I am not going to let anyone false advertise and do something that is seemingly scandalous, considering the number of people who have posted similar experiences. I am going to contact an attorney who handles internet scams with and since I have the person's email address (and it's attached to an IP address) I will pursue finding who's behind that IP address.... and go from there.

THIS IS A COMPLETE SCAM and I urge anyone even considering doing this to not "play" this "game". And, by the way - for those of you who claim this is like gambling? not. I am a gambler who knows what she's getting into - when I win, I WIN. IT IS OUTRAGEOUS that people haven't received their items. I welcome anyone who wants to join me in a major complaint to the FCC for false advertising.

mp30
8/18/13

I felt ripped off and cheated by bidcactus.com. They put fake ads on craigslist to trick you to go to their site. After spending thousands on their site, all items I won such as iPad, iPhone, etc. I never received them.

I called Customer Support and emailed them many times and all they said was sorry for the delay but they don't know when they will ship the won items out. After so many times, they still don't know. Major Scam.

I will report them to BBB, the media, Washington DC, General Attorney and Craigslist.

Please stay away from this website and spread the words so less people get scammed. As you read online, thousands of people are scammed by BidCactus.com

azizb
8/4/13

That's for real a scam. I was looking for an iphone 4 on craigslist then I found that good deal. The guy had 2 iphones for a great price, phones look like new on the pictures. I emailed him and asked where they are in Queens, NY and if they still have those phones. Couple of minutes later I got an email saying that someone just bought them... but they can tell me where I can get one and how to win the bidding on bidcactus.com. I wanted to test them and I replayed to their email by asking them if that someone had bought the two refrigerators and why aomeone needs two refrigerators for. Remember the announce was about iphone4. I never got an answer after that. That automated email system sends only one email to the same email address. If you email them back, no response. Tried to email them from an other email account with a message that has nothing to do with a purchase and surprise, I got for answer the same email I received earlier about someone just bought them from me...blah blah
SO STAY AWAY FROM THIS WEBSITE

dianas15
7/30/13

I tried to buy a refrigerator from Craigslist, the seller emailed me and said it has been sold, but that I could buy a similar item for cheaper at bidcactus. I'm so glad i reviewed the rating and wasn"t scamed. DO NOT FALL FOR THIS SCAM!!!!!!!!

aaq
7/30/13

answered craigslist ad, they told me it was sold and referred me to bidcactus, which looked super shady so i looked it up and am glad i did.

stephaniec17
7/17/13

We were looking for Washer/Dryer on local Craigslist and this too-good-to-be-true listing showed up. Brand new looking, front loading, stainless steel silver.
Lister said he was moving to IN (from Florida) and the new place came with washer and dryer.
My husband E-mailed and got some reply back that someone had already bought them, and that he got them from BidCactus.com for cheap and re-sold them for extra money.
It sounded fishy - why give up your way of earning money? I see that I'm not the only one experiencing this. This is just a big scam, folks!

johnp125
7/16/13

Same response as quoted by many..."Hi Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here..."

Stay away, very far away...

jionawisc
7/11/13

DON'T BE SCAMMED!!! Thank you for all of these reviews...

I tried to buy a Blackberry Q10 from Craiglist, the seller answered me FROM A DIFFERENT email address: "Hey A guy just purched this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from. I just got 4 of these from here biddycacts.com and I resold them for some extra money...", and told me a trick to win the auction. When I replied to the person just to say thanks, I received a "Delivery Status Notification (Failure)", so I resent the thanks message to the original email address I reached them the first time. The seller responded me with exactly the same text from a THIRD DIFFERENT email address. That is what made me dig in Internet about this scam site.

While I was investigating, I start registering at bidcactus.com. They asked me for my preferred way of payment in order to complete the 3 steps to registration, and fortunately I chose Paypal, that disclosed me the hidden transaction for US$75 plus shipping and handling charges.

LET THE PEOPLE KNOW ABOUT THIS SCAM!!!

gerij2
6/23/13

Answered an advertisement in our local Craigslist. Finally got a reply via email that their email address was no longer in service, try this other email address (fishy??). So I sent the email inquiry to the other email address and got a reply that the item was sold already but that I should go to retailcactus.com to buy iPad Minis because that is where they got their items. Claimed they bought them on retailcactus.com and then re-sold them on Craigslist.

First, why would anyone who is selling on Craigslist tell potential buyers that they should go to a website to buy product at a lower price and make money like they do?? Smells like scam!

Second, the web address retailcactus re-directs you to bidcactus.com website. Why not just put in the actual web address? Smells like scam! Probably the characters 'bidcactus.com' have been prohibited by Craigslist.

Third, come here and read the reviews and know there is a scam going on

davida82
6/22/13

this is complete bull$#*! look at this the bidding history shows one of there bots bid over 1000 times when it's $0.75 q bid this guy must be crazy dont waste your money after some time I noticed the same people were almost bidding and always winning although they make it really easy to win bid packages which you have to pay like $5 for a $0.2 bid package you won wasted $5 on this $#*! and it's been a week since the retarded coupon I won wasn't shown up...

liyajehnr
6/9/13

Bidcatus uses fake Craigslist ads to lure people...it happened to me, and several others that I saw on Google. I tried to buy a refrigerator from Craigslist, the seller emailed me and said it has been sold, but that I could buy a similar item for cheaper at bidcactus. I wne to the bidcactus site, and tried to register... but they asked me for a credit card in order to complete the 3 steps to registration. I inadvertently gave out my credit card info, HUGE MISTAKE, bec bidcactus charged me $79 as soon as I finished registering! I did not even know that I purchased anything! I right away felt and knew that this was a scam! I googled bidcactus and confirmed my hunch. This place is EVIL, stay away from it.

tamerak
6/3/13

Since I used this site back in October of 1012, I still have not received my knives. I have talked to Nick, Kip and some bit-- that claimed she owns the company. Today I got fed up and told them to just keep my money. How could you go to work and scam people day after day and really, I mean really do you feel good about yourself. I won some gift cards being a newby, and they arrived months later. The cards and knives were for Christmas presents, never to be seen before that date. I am a cancer patient and this seemed to be a good way to get my gifts, as I do not drive. SCAM...SCAM...SCAM....and yes I do recognize the same bidders winning more than they should, and spending WAY more than they should. If I would have done my due diligence, I would not be in this situation. Hopefully this will help some of you that read this to...STAY AWAY!!!!

cheikhd1
5/6/13

This website and the people from it are inspired by Bernard maddooof.I am so lucky and happy that I did my research before signing up . My friends stay away ....it s a sheme

jimd27
3/4/13

A def 3 if you have the balls to bid over what an item is worth if you dont do not use this site you will lose your loot

aajk
2/21/13

It is surely a fake since I saw two fake users (system users) bidding $100 AMEX gift card with more than 500 bids @ 75 cents per bid. I will even name the users vitar and rollthedice. I think after reading this post they will remove this two users and use brand new names because it won't take long for the users to figure out that they are bidding against fake users.

jessyh10
2/19/13

I should have read reviews about this site before buying any bids , but now I want to make sure to warn anybody who even thinks of participating in those "penny auctions".
For the record, I have a very high speed internet with Fios, have had the service for more than 2 years , never had any problems with it "freezing:" on me.
I went and bid on an iphone 5 on Saturday February 16th, 2013. I waited for the last 10 seconds to start bidding. I sat there for 3 hours bidding, NOT using the autobidder, so I was in control of the bid, not some stupid autobidder.
Throughout the whole bid , the screen would freeze on let's say 10 seconds, then the next thing u know, it's 3 seconds. I was determined on getting that phone simce I had already put in around $300, out of the bloom, while the bid was on 28 seconds, in a fraction of a second, it said"going" then "gone".
I contacted customer service, she said :"nop, I checked it and the bid went down all the way to 0 seconds." and then she said: "you must a have had a frozen screen". Listen to that crap!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I have a fast internet, a 3 months old Acer laptop, and according to her, my screen must have frozen (which was happening frequently during the bid, around 40 times)
Another thing to mention, the bidder who won the bid had put in what was worth $500!!!!!!!! plus the item's cost which was around $24 PLUS shipping and handling, I mean seriously is it worth it????????????
I watched bidder on other items, and here's the suspicious part: A BIDDER PLACED 1200 BIDS ON AN ITEM(every bid is 0.75 cents) TO GET AN IPAD 2 VALUED @ $399.ummmmmmmmmmmmmmm, I mean he's either a very low IQ person, or there's some foul play right there, dahhhhhhhhh!
Anyways, it's a shame companies like BidCactus are licensed, and operating protected by law. Those bluffers are making tons of money out of people, totally protected by law, and in aword, SCREWING people UP!
If you are not totally convinced, be my guest and try it!

josem34
2/12/13

This company is a scam.

Simply put $99 bid pack buys you 270 bids. That is 2.7 bids for $1 or 37cents a bid. Items such as a $100 amex card on bid cactus goes for $20 (100 one cent bids * 20 = 2000 bids. 2000 bids * .37 cents a bid is = $740). So in effect all the bidders combined are paying 7.5 times the price of the item being bid on!

To add to this they will charge you shipping for the product. The shipping is usually 2-3 weeks from the date of purchase (I suspect that they use the cash flow to buy the product at market rate and send it to you). In my case they are 4 weeks past the shipping date and I still don’t have my gift cards! Stay away from this company. You never know if there are robot bidders jacking up the price

ianm37
2/2/13

My website has been infected with a virus of some kind that inserted a link from one of my words on my home page, that advertises bidcactus.

People don't hijack other people's sites to do this for fun. Bidcactus, be ashamed - your role in this scam is damaging our freedom of the web. Please bugger off.

For the readers of this review, please don't reinforce that crap!

javeds
1/10/13

I have a proof that bidcactus is a scam. I noticed that mostly items such as Pizza Hut $10 card has an automated user setup with recurring bid counter. I placed about 40 bids on a $10 card that still had few hours to end. Can you imagine someone that will put 50+ bids counter in advance on a $10 card that is still to end in few hours. This practice was same for the other gift cards as well. Atleast one user is a system user in most of their auctions and you can literally never beat it because your bids are numbered. Good question is that why I used so many bids on one item and the answer is that I got those bids for free and wanted to test the bidcactus reality. I can swear that it is a SCAM, SCAM and only SCAM.

carlm23
12/13/12

The whole deal with this site is a total rip off. It should be shut down!
Too many people bidding on almost nothing with just about no chance of winning anything.

bobb346
11/24/12

I lost a bidding war against a guy or someone or something who bid about 300 bucks worth of bid on a $100 gift card. I purchased the gift card with there buy it option over 40 days ago and I haven't got it yet. There customer service is mean evil and careless. I told them I could use it before Thanksgiving but they keep screwing with me and telling me they would send me a tracking number shortly. Well, shortly has been 2 weeks and they still haven't mailed it out yet. Now, they say they may send it out sometime next week but won't tell me when.

jaredm9
11/16/12

I purchased some bids and bid on a gift card almost a month ago. I have not received the gift card yet. I have tried to contact Bidcactus.com several times and keep getting some lame excuse. These guys are shady as it gets.

patricks19
11/2/12

it's total gimmick. don't get trapped. Think about it, something like 40 dollars buy a ipad, each bids only increase penny, so, total needs 4,000 bids to reach $40. each bids cost $0.75, then, they received 4,000 x 0.75 = $3,000 for one ipad !???

the people come up this idea is total idiot. just stay away from thid penny bidding company...

guesta
10/27/12

There was an auction for 100$ Visa Card and a User named "PoorMax" was bidding from 3$ till 36$ while I'm typing this review (auction was still running). User has easily crossed more than 1500bids which amounts to 1200$ worth of bids for a 100$ giftcard. So clearly it is autobid from BIDCACTUS. No one in the hell would bid like that. Please stay away from this website.

abbyg3
8/19/12

I was told by a craigslist seller that they buy IPADs on this site all the time. They made it sound real easy. I saw the same names winning auction after auction and I also saw bidders put in more bids than the items was even worth. For example, one bidder tonight, put in many more bids than 250 in order to try to win a bid package for 250 bids. It makes no sense. I am convinced that someone for the company is driving up prices and I am also convinced that the "girl" I spoke to on Craigslist that directed me to this site was in cahoots with this company as well. I don't think she ever was selling an IPAD. I think it's all been one big casino game. And baby, I just lost! Don't expect to win here. If something seems a little too easy, that's your first sign that it's a rotten apple.

jennak1
8/12/12

I wanted to try this website out after seeing an ad for this. Not knowing what I was getting myself into, I thought I would check it out. It asked for my credit card info and while I was a little hesitant to give, I thought maybe you paid for the bids as you went. At NO time did it tell me that I was being charged $79 for these bids or I would have never purchased (of course bidcactus said it did, but if it did, then it very deceptively did not make this clear). So, I played around using some bids and then I saw an email stating that I was charged $79. I immediately stopped using the bids and tried calling bidcactus for a refund and to explain that it was not clear that I was being charged this $. Well, it was after business hours, so I ended up emailing my concerns. First thing on Monday morning, I got a response saying that I would be refunded $75.84. Not exactly what I paid, but close enough and I didn't feel like arguing over a few dollars. So, a couple months later, I realize that this $ was NEVER refunded! So, I sent another email explaining this situation. I was then emailed back and told that the $75.84 refund that was obliged to me was actually a mistaken email and I would only be eligible for a refund on my unused bids which would be approx $49 instead of $79. When I tried explaining that I was new to the site and didn't realize I was being charged this $79 to begin with and was under the impression that I was being refunded $75.84 all of this time, etc, etc. It didn't matter. I spoke to two supervisors, both who were EXTREMELY rude. One of the supervisors actually asked me why did it take me so long to discover that I never received the refund. Um..why didn't you ever give me the refund is the question that should be asked!! And further, let's just say for the sake of argument that I made a mistake and didn't see that it said I was being charged $79..why is it that I must be accountable for my mistake, but they are not accountable for theirs when they said they would be refunding me $75.84 and then never did.

I am just not used to this sort of customer service. I am used to companies that give their customers the benefit of the doubt and do their best to make the customer feel satisfied. Instead, I was treated rudely and made to feel defensive about why I didn't catch THEIR mistake earlier. It was really a joke! Now I see why there are so many complaints about this site. Buyer BEWARE! And I will be posting and blogging on every social media site and review website that I can find. So, I hope them keeping my $30 was worth it to them..now it is about more than the $, it is about the principle of how I was treated. Unacceptable.

johnv10
8/12/12

I was looking on Craig's list for a used or new Kindle Fire, there was a new one
advertised for 79.50 new in the box, so i emailed for more info they responded by
saying they just sold it and this was her 3rd one she sold.she was buying them for 20 to 45 dollars on bidcatus.com So of course I open an account and spent 200.00 trying
to buy one now i now i was baited in to trying a ponzi scheme.

ratans
8/4/12

Simply avoid them. They are scamers. They have some paid employee who will make dummy bids, so that not a single items(specially expensive ones) is own by normal bidders unless they make sure the total bid cost is more then the item value.
Just wastage of money. I realised after wasting $1000. Enough is enough!
Never visit them.

joes68
7/6/12

scam, fake, ploy.... call it what you want but its a company that uses auto bots (no not transformers) to jack up bid prices. To see what it was about, I bought a $79 bid package that allowed me over 100 bids. as I watched what was happening, people were bidding 50 times to win a 10 bidpack. that is to say, in order for someone to win 10 free bids, they placed over 50. im not that bright but can see the scam within the first 5 mins of bidding.

wseichman is one auto bot I watched for about an hour. from a rough estimate of the history in one hour "it" placed over 400 bids to win less than 100 free bids.

seeing BBB listed on the home page is misleading but then again, in todays world we teach kids to rob and steal for what they want if they want to get ahead. so this site is about par... so sad.

they got me for $79 because I thought it would be legit seeing it on the news. I should know better nowadays.

mariog4
6/27/12

It started by I answered an ad on Criagslist for a Apple 4gs cell phone. My wife also answered the ad and got the same message.

I received an email saying: Hi,

Someone just bought this from me, but I can tell you where I got it from.I just purchased 3 of these from pennyrights.com and I resold them on craigslist for some extra money.The trick is to watch for bidding to slow down and then jump in. That's what I do and I win all the time.
Regards
Sent from my iPhone

Once I signed up for $79.00 which came out of my paypal.com account. I recieved bids for bidding on a Apple 4GS cell phone and other merchandise. The bids went fast trying to buy the cell phone and I didn't win . I took another $75.00 out from paypal.com to pay bidcactus for more bidding chances. That went faster. I found out buying bids to bid on merchandise and electronics , I could have been bidding against bidcactus.com ?

danm19
6/7/12

Please don't get caught in this TRAP! Hidden charges, bidding bots and paid bidders are RAMPANT! I watched this site for a few days and it is impossible for you to win items at a reasonable price. The company's bidders usually win the auction, so technically they sell the same item over and over again
I observed an auction where someone paid over retail price for an iPhone 4s. Why would anyone do that? Beware of anyone with a user name that sounds daunting, or that has Capital letters in it. These are computer generated bidders, which will rob you blind.

lindam49
5/20/12

Well, to start with - they have all cheapy products.
On top of that, they do not even have buy it now option on auctions.
All in all, they simply boost about their so called 'certifications' and take your money.
Penny auctions are hard to trust. I've won 2 items on bidhere.com, and they delivered it, but I am still very careful of penny auctions. Sites like bidhere.com at least have buy it now on all auctions, thats a deal maker for me, personally.

darrine
5/8/12

The marketing you can see below... $2 to buy a $50 card. Not true however. It's a penny auction so the value the card sells for in now way represents the cost to the winner. Each bid they place on the auction actually costs them approximately $.70. Additionally, the site makes money off everyone who bids on an item whether they win or not, since you have to pay for your bids up front. Even more sinister are the auctions they hold to get more bids. Clever Yes - Good value? Absolutely not.

marlenem3
5/2/12

Watch out if some ad or anything directs you to this website. They will still your money at all cost!! Even if you were not the one authorizing the purchase. And do not trust you 17 yr- old old or disable child fall for this scam. It cost me almost $100 dollars of absolute nothing and a lot of aggravation. I just authorized her and trusted my child to purchase her prom dress. And they are out of their mind if I filed criminal charges since they refuse to refund my money. I feel they have paying employees constantly bidding, just look carefully at the alleged customers bidding and times and you would realized their bank account must be wipe out so fast. It is just a $#@! website and you will never get a resolution through their web site or phone by Heather Rodriguez or Manager "KIp" and "busy and unknown" Director.

emmettk
4/18/12

Have been a member of BidCactus for several months. Enjoy the site and like the fact they place win limits to allow everyone a fair chance at all items. Lots of gift cards on this site. One thing to beware of is shipping and handling costs even on bid cards. You will often pay more for the S&H then for the won auction. I received one FedEx envelope with 15 or 20 gift cards but was still charged as if each had been mailed individually. When I called to get an explaination I was told that's the way the system worked and they had to buy extra insurance in case FedEx lost my package. They also have a partical buy it policy on certain items if you lose the auction. They wil give you a credit of up to 50% of the value of the bids you used. This is on select items only.

garyb24
1/26/12

I personally think its a waste of your time. You cant just put the highest amount that youre willing to go up to unless you want to keep buying bid pack bundles and sit and wait and wait and wait while there is always going to be someone or something on the other end clicking away that keeps extending the time. And the worst part is that it isnt a regular auction site like Ebay where you go search for speakers or lamp and bid. This stupid site determines what is up for bid. i personally have no interest wasting my nights away sitting there looking at gift cards and hoping they will put up something nice that you would want.

elliotw
1/17/12

stay away from bidcactus. they are crooks, scams, and will take your money and you will get nothing. ppl need to be protected from cons like them. bidcactus is a huge scam. stay away! overwhelming odds are you will lose your money and get zero in return, let alone win anything. I really think this is online gambling in disguise and that any postive posts is their staff or friends. They go to great lengths to give themselves the appearance of legitimacy. Its a scam. On the web, you can't get any info on the owners of the firm - not surprising.. Stay away from bidcactus- you wil lose your money, and not get it back, You will speak with a rude customer service person who will explain how you missed something in the fine print, and its your fault and you're stupid. FYI, There is a class action suit against them in Connecticut. Go look it up "mendelsohn vs. bidcactus", filed by motley rice. dont let bidcactus con you, take your money, and get you to become a gambler. this is a gambling website - no similarity to ebay- and the odds are stacked against you. Don't be fooled by their fake reviews - and they encourage, incentivize/ reward their gamblers, i mean customers- to promote them, and lure in more victims. Keep your money- if it looks too good to be true- it is.

ekuno
11/23/11

This is a scam site. I never even register with them, yet they manage to be sending me their crap. Think about it, $0.75 on $0.01 plus the final cost of whatever, plus shipping and handling. Are people's brain also gone into recession/depression? How in the world can people actually fall for this nonsense.

paulm52
10/27/11

A legitimate auction or auction site does not charge to bid and allows you to bid an amount that you choose. When I looked at the website I was immediately turned off by having to pay to bid and the fact that bids only raise the price a maximum of 1 to 10 cents. It becomes obvious that the site makes most of its money via the bid charges.

smithz
9/2/11

First of all, buyer beware! If your not ready to possibly lose some money, then it is not for you. There are always going to be big bidders out there, so you may as well avoid those auctions. If you only have about 50 bids, bid on the lower auctions such as $25 and under giftcards and 25 bids or less. This should increase your chances of winning. Next, take advantage of Bidback mondays and wednesdays! There are 12 net bids to be gained there. All in all, this is a pretty good site, just be smart and don't get discouraged!

stevem36
4/13/11

I have a charge to my checking account for $112.50 and had not even heard of bidcactus.com until the charge was made. I have never registered with them, never bid on anything and definitely never will now that this has happened. BidCactus owes me big time.

michaell22
4/1/11

This is the classic fraud. The site posts an audit that is over a year old stating that the auditor is relying upon management assertions. Management merely collects 75 cents every time that someone bids and then thy systematically outbid you using "bots". The BBB logo on the is also a gross misrepresentation. It means that they paid their dues. It doesn't say that they have had 39 complaints filed against them. The site undoubtedly ill be shut down sooner than later.

toddd3
3/26/11

The rudest customer support EVER!! Site froze, and I lost the item I was winning. I called, and they yelled at me!!!??? Hate this site!

hectorf
3/25/11

I had been looking into this site for quite some time now! I finally decided to try it out.. I purchased a small amount of bids to start with.. A total of 30 bids for 22.50. Its not a lot of money thank God! I thought that if I could get a bargain deal like maybe a $50 gift card, I had made my money back... I placed several bit before the clock ended on several item, but I mist the small detail that if someone bids on that same item the clock will move back 30 sec or 3minute witch really kills you. Because the clock never ends... This is a really shady trick because it not really a fair deal. You can spend all day and more money biding on the same item, and you will end up spending more money then the item is really worth in most cases. If you've ever bid id on Ebay the difference is that the clock on Ebay never goes back and the bidding come down to who is the fasted to submit the last bid.. I will never use this site again and I don't recommend it.. I am a little disappointed that I wasted 22.50 on this site. When I could have just gone out and bought my self a good lunch...

la555
3/24/11

I have seen the many reviews i feel sorry for the people that lost there money and minds. the BBB reports 65 complaints on this , LLC which means limit liability , so beware when it is dealing with money this should be incorporated , BBB also reports that they have not resolved any of the complaints, , The economy is terrible and this company was created on 4/27/2009 @ the start of the economic breakdown, they have to make it look good and make someone win to get your attention, With dealing with people on a everyday basis, and even talked to people who have been scammed by Business like this , It makes me go insane that they are getting away with highway robbery, And if the owners are reading this you might want to check out your business status @ the State of Delaware, It is public information

maxiner1
Apprentice Reviewer
3/24/11

Thanks everybody for saving me from ALMOST getting scammed. Bidcactus is pure evil. Why is it running? Why hasnt it been stopped? And why isnt someone in jail?

trishao1
3/20/11

Ripoff!
Bids cost $0.75 each and are available in packs of 30, 50, 100, 150, and 250 bids. So each of your "penny" bids is costing you .75 cents each. Stay away from this site unless you like throwing your money away.

edwardm6
3/20/11

While bidcactus seems legit, I have been bidding on it for over 2 years now, and have seen it go from legit to a scam site . I won relatvely regularly at first, then less often,to now not at all. Prizes end up costing way more then they are worth and I am convinced they have gone to house bidders driving up the price! Don't waste your time or money, trust me I've followed this site a long time, you will lose your money!

sarahm10
3/9/11

I called the site and asked them policy questions and received many defensive responses. They denied that bots were being used and clearly that is a lie. They denied that there is shill bidding yet I believe that they promote and fund it. They stand behind an audit but I wonder if they would submit to a newer one or one for specific auctions. There are more questions than answers.

Best Online Electronics Stores Reviewed by Consumers on SiteJabber