US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

abigaild3

I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. (in 21 reviews)

rogero4

My complaint is that what the picture showed for my order did not match what was recieved. (in 102 reviews)

micheler13

I ordered one dozen drizzled chocolate covered strawberries I wish I could take a picture and post iT. (in 48 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kayleighm5
4/29/16

I purchased an order of a dozen chocolate strawberries from sharis berries for my cousins birthday. I paid $30 in shipping and handling because I ordered them the week I wanted them delivered. This was a lot for shipping and handling but I really wanted to give my cousin a special birthday not only did the strawberries never arrive but I was also charged for them. I called shari's the day before the scheduled delivery and there wasn't a problem. Every customer service employee I spoke with put me on hold numerous times and yet still couldn't tell me what the issue was. This was by far the worst experience I've ever had with ordering anything online

katl47
4/28/16

Customer service hung up on me when I tried to find out about order details, they overcharged me, and they lied to me. They finally gave me refund that I hopefully will see in 7 to 10 business days. I will never go back here again and Elvis Duran and the morning show should really STOP promoting them.

lynnd40
3/30/16

I unfortunately used this company as the Edible Bouquet was not available in the area for delivery. Extremely disappointed as the delivery fee was 1/3 the cost. and the gift was over priced to begin with.

gibr2
3/13/16

Ordered from sherries berries 12 strawberries for valentines day for my wife.The were full of condensation. where were the tops? The entire strawberry was dipped so when my wife took her first bite it was you guessed it a top of the strawberry. 2 out of 12 of the strawberries were no bigger then a 50 cent piece. She bit into a second one after she cut it up and it had a bad taste too but not from the top of the strawberry this time. I complained and I was glad I used paypal for the order . I was able to get my money refunded. This is a waste of money and time. The shipping charge was high too but this is not disclosed until you make the purchase.Below are comparison pic's. Picture 1 is what they advertise picture 2 is what I received...

jeffreym58
3/1/16

I called and order flowers and chocolate covered Strawberry for my wife.They were to be Valentines gift as well as a feel better soon gesture .My order was to be delivered to her at work on Saturday the 13th.No delivery was made.I called customer service and spoke to a male foreigner whom I could not understand also he was talking real close to the microphone so our conversation was also blurry.The gentleman would not give me his name or employee number which I felt was strange since he was a customer service representative .He agree the delivery was not delivered which ruined my n my wife Valentine.Got my $ refunded however I still feel cheated some how

richardc160
3/1/16

I received a Valentines order from my girlfriend 2 doz. choc dipped strawberries. Due to the harsh winter storm affecting the DC Metro area my order my have gotten frozen during transit. After a few days the berries did not taste very good. I wrote to Shari's Berries as this was a gift. There service was impeccable....they sent a new shipment which tasted fantastic. This door to door responsibility for customer satisfaction is what's missing in most companies these days. Rick - Arlington VA

jamesm403
2/27/16

First off, they charge $14.99 for standard shipping. If you want them next day, it's another $4.99. And if you want them by noon , supposedly, it's ANOTHER $14.99. This is false advertisement in the pricing I'd you ask me. When my sister opened her "dozen" berries, there were 7!!!!* Not what I paid for!!! First, and last time I will deal with them. $50 for 7 strawberries???? CRAZY

ms260
2/25/16

I ordered strawberries and cake pops for my boyfriend's birthday. They charged me about $15 for standard shipping along with another $20 for early morning delivery. They promised that the package would be received by noon, by 12:30 I called, since my boyfriend was leaving work at 1. I was advised they could not tell me what happened to my package but promised it would be received by evening time. Unacceptable, I cancelled the order.

maryd158
2/22/16

Zero

chucka9
2/20/16

Don't order from Shari's Berries unless you want a TON of SPAM emails. A friend used my paypal account to order his wife some high price strawberrys and now I get a lot of BS emails from Shari's Berries. I have filed a complaint with Paypal who is also investigating. Because of their practice, I have personally stop 14 orders going to Sharri's Berries and will continue to spend the word to everyone that they send unsolicited SPAM emails. Please spread the word and don't ever order from Shari's Berries!!

kathyn30
2/17/16

My husband ordered these for me for Valentine's Day. It was a first time order. I was excited and so was my grandson who happened to be at my home when the package arrived. I shared them with my family and we all had the same opinion...YUCK. First of all the strawberries I received looked NOTHING like the advertisement. The berries were not consistent in size. A few were huge and most of the others were quite small. The inside of the box was sticky and flecked with drops of juice making it difficult to open the box and the berries very wet and sticky. I cut one of the berries in half so my 3-year old grandson could eat it more easily. All the chocolate fell off and there was a leaf imbedded in the chocolate. The other berry we divided was green throughout. My berry was rotten and mushy. The chocolate was asterisks and the berries tasted old and rotten. While I appreciated my husband's thoughtfulness I told him to not bother ordering from Shari's Berries again. He agreed and was frustrated that he spent so much money for such a poor product. And he was disappointed that my Valentine's Day gift was not up to his standards of typical gifts for me. Do NOT waste your money. They're going In the trash.

sues82
2/16/16

Well, my sweet hubby ordered 12 chocolate covered strawberries for me for Valentines day. They did arrive before Valentines day but the strawberries were squishy. Seems like the strawberries were frozen somehow. When you tried to eat them they has a rotten taste and were very soft, squishy and rather brown in places. Very sad!!!

donnag53
2/16/16

2 dozen poor quality strawberries with broken chocolate. Not packed with dry ice. No card with order. The box we got on 2/13 was very nice. Can't trust the consistency of the product. Won't order again.

stanleyj14
2/16/16

Although they were delivered on time this past Valentine's Day the strawberries were no better than those sold in the local grocery store, even worse. They were small and tasted as if they had been frozen since they were very watery and tasteless. To make matters worse two of the four pretzels were broken. Furthermore one cannot email a complaint on their website, no such site! I'll probably call them but expect little sympathy.

kristenc16
2/16/16

Do not waste your money. The chocolate is flavored chocolate- hydrogenated everything. Berries taste like chemicals

richards203
2/16/16

First the good: I did like the way that the strawberries were covered and didn't have the green tops on them. Very nice presentation for the berries and the cheesecake. Was delivered on time. Spa package was a nice touch.
Now the bad: If my order was the normal for service I will NEVER order from Shari's Berries again and recommend no one else does either. The flowers were not anywhere as full as the ones in the picture. So much so that it made the vase look too big for the flowers. Had to go and buy more flowers at a local florist to fill in the vase. I would of had better flowers if I had of bought the $15 dozen at local grocery store (and I don't like grocery store Roses). The roses also aren't lasting very long. 2 of the strawberries were good, but 4 were not ripe enough so instead of sweet they were more sour. I don't event want to get started on the cheese cake.... WAY WAY WAY to much flower as a thickener in the cheesecake, gross. You can get the same quality at a local gas station bakery. Defiantly not what I expected from what should be a reputable company. I wouldn't of paid more than $25 for this whole thing (including shipping) if I had of had a sample and known. WAY over priced. Paid for for $86.95 ($102.94 after shipping).. Very unsatisfied. I've ordered from other online flower places and been very satisfied.

kerrip5
2/16/16

My mother purchased, as she does every year from this company chocolate covered strawberries for Valentine's Day. My children eagerly awaited their treats, which never arrived. I get it, busy time. We called the company expecting an apology buy all we received from the manager was that we could place another order. They were rude on the phone and obviously not helpful. You have lost business from my family. Good riddens.

sonjaj2
2/15/16

Berries arrived 3 days before Valentine's Day and were huge- but upon biting into them the berries were not even ripe all the way through. They were red near the step part, but then faded to white and two of them were GREEN at the tips, not as in moldy, but as in not ready to pick off the plant! The texture of the berries was off as well as the flavor, so I ended up eating 12 little chocolates that cost $40. I would have rather eaten a dozen store bought candy bars for $10.

daniellew29
2/15/16

I gave it 5 stars so it would be at the top for people to see. First of all, they charged my card before I could see the amount my.order total was $24.99 and they took $65 out of my account and then showed $14.99 standard delivery and $19.99 valentine's delivery.... $35 in delivery!! I tried to cancel my oder, no problem....until I found out they won't replace my money for 7 days!!! I waited and waited and waited on the phone, someone answered and then hung up. I had to call back again and waited and waited and waited again! This has been an awful pain in butt experience! I'll just be glad when this is all done and over with! I won't be ordering again.

charlesn27
2/15/16

$30 dollars shipping for 12 strawberries!! Nowhere in my order did I see the extra charge for delivery on Valentines Day. My last order with this company.

lizw30
2/15/16

When I called to try to get this corrected I was disconnected twice! They did not apply my local radio promotion for one order and described hidden delivery charges for the other. To make matters worse my family was not even impressed by the berries! Don't bother ordering from here... 2 orders that were supposed to sum 80$ (with displayed delivery charges) were actually 120$!!!!

michelleh124
2/14/16

My husband ordered the berries as a valentine's day gift. They arrived first thing in the morning which was great. The Fed ex guy even had a smile on his face when he delivered them. The berries were cold and pretty. The box was nice and everything was well stored. But the berries were the best part they were fresh and juicy. The chocolate was good too. I didn't care to much for the ones with the nuts but I don't really like nuts. Anyway I'm glad that he got them for me.

jackc106
2/14/16

There okay chocolate covered strawberries. The berries were fresh and the chocolate was good. But for the price I could have gotten better locally. In the radio commercials for these strawberries they say there the biggest strawberries you'll ever see. There not. There no bigger then you'll get in a carton of strawberries at the supermarket. Even if you get them on some special with delivery your looking at $50 roughly for a dozen.
To sum it up I would not buy them again.

kennym29
2/14/16

Ordered my wife berries and flowers for valentines day ,i must say the berries were awesome large juicy and very tasteful ,as for the flowers very disappointing it was a rose and lily bouquet the lilies were almost dead upon arrival and not what the picture showed . My wife was not happy at all i could have bought flowers locally much cheaper and better ,i would definitely recommend the berries no complaints there wife loved those .

jayc104
2/14/16

I paid the extra money for the guaranteed Valentine's Day delivery, and it's currently 8:05 PM on Valentine's Day and still no delivery. I tried calling them and due to 'abnormally high call volume' their recording told me to track my delivery on their website (no option to keep holding to speak to someone). When I try to check the tracking on their website, it shows "No tracking information available."

adams174
2/14/16

For the weeks preceding Valentines Day, Sheri's Berries advertises non-stop on all the talk radio channels. Year after year I've been hearing their ads and they always sounded like a good idea so this year I decided to pull the trigger and order them for my wife.

First, there was the shipping error. I specifically ordered them to arrive on the day before Valentines Day. Instead, they arrived 3 days before, so now I have a perishable gift that is going to be in terrible condition on the day I want to give it. So, I told my wife the issue and that her gift was here 3 days early. On Valentine's Day I wound up giving her roses in addition to the $30 + shipping for the berries that arrived on the wrong date.

Then, there was the quality issue. The berries arrived in a special box with a cooling pack inside to keep the berries fresh. VERY clever packaging, I'll at least give them that. So my wife opened the box and the second box inside that contained the berries. Now all I've ever heard of these things in their ads were that the berries were abnormally huge and special...like the top 1% of strawberries. What WE got, were strawberries that looked like any old strawberries you would get at your grocery store. There was nothing special or unique about them at all. They were dipped and looked nice, but I can assure you, the grocery store around the corner from me has dipped strawberries like these at less than 1/2 the price! My wife ate 3 and told me she didn't like them. She said they tasted like they were rotten or something...that they had a strong metallic taste to them. She offered me one and I would have to agree...these things really didn't taste good at all. Sadly, the remaining 8 of them are now in the trash.

What a total ripoff. I never thought to look for reviews of these things online but in retrospect, I wish I did earlier. I could have saved 40 bucks and applied it to a nice dinner somewhere. If I could get a refund for these, I most certainly would!

UPDATE: I have since contacted Sheri's Berries and expressed my displeasure in their product. Within a few minutes I was told I would be given a full refund and they apologized for my frustrations. This company needs to seriously re-evaluate their product and quality control or it's going to cost them dearly.

michaelo59
2/14/16

The quality of Shari's Berries has taken a steep nosedive. The strawberries were 1/3 of their original size. The decorations looked like a preschooler did it. And one berry was so small and weird looking, it looked like a bite had been taken out of it, before dipped in chocolate. I wanted to crawl in a hole this Valentines, and won't be using them Ever again...

eugenior3
2/14/16

As I was eating your berries that I received today for Valentine's day I found hair inside the chocolate. That was a waste of money for my husband because I had to throw them out! Disgusting. I am very unhappy with my order and I will never order again. Also the berries were sour and mostly greenish white. If you are charging this much money make sure your products are high quality. Also have your employees wear hair nets. Ugh so disappointed. Will be leaving feedback!

Hoping for a refund this was horrible!

carolp61
2/14/16

I sent the lady bug pops and berries as a Valentine gift. My granddaughter loved the pops but the strawberries were MUSHY...ugh. I had read about this complaint and thought that this being a California address to ship to that they might be better. Sorry my bad. I won't order strawberries from them again. I did email them today so we will see if I get a refund.

eunicec5

Extensively disappointing.
I ordered two dozen to surprise my children and husband, and I was shocked when we opened the boxes.
The size and shape of the strawberries are so uneven, and one third are only half size compared to the others.
I expected an elegant surprise, but they are UGLY.
And the message misspelled the word "heart".
Do you want to know the worst part?
They had charged me $17 for standard shipping and $15 more for saturday shipping. I realized that after I ordered online because it was not clearly stated in anywhere.
I deeply regret not reading the other reviews before I ordered.
I'LL NEVER REFER TO MY FRIENDS OR ORDER FROM HERE AGAIN.

gwens9

What a stressful mess...
My Husband and I Decided to give each other Sharis berries for Valentines Day. I placed the order on Feb. 5th. Picked 12th for delivery. FedEx tracking said the Address was wrong, no it isn't.... I called your customer service on the night of the 12th, address was correct phone number was correct. The date change to 13th delivery... Ok stayed home all day, no berries, called Fedex at 2:50. Double checked all info for delivery. Was told they would send a message to route personal to call me, waited the 2 hrs I was told to wait. No call!
At 4:50 I called customer service gave Lei, my order number,330067234541 at that time I rechecked my tracking number, Will not deliver until 16, Do to weather! It's cold not anything else...... Unbelievable!!
At this time I'm waiting for a full refund.....
I really fill I Deserve more for all I have put up with, not to mention the Disappointment.....
I will be contacting Glen Beck, Fox News, Rush Limbaugh ... Companies that advertise for you, with my dealings with you.....
Gwendolyn Stockert....

Sent from my iPad

cheriem9
2/13/16

I bought the $40 for $20 entered my 16 digit code hit apply. The code did not apply so I ended up paying full price for the strawberries, plus shipping and $20 to Groupon. Not happy at all....

ladonnah2
2/12/16

I am very unhappy with the way I was treated today it was so unprofessional. I wanted to place a order an was on phone for 2 hours an never finished my order. Spoke with 3 different individuals, and still unhappy.

patriciak52
2/12/16

I received a dozen that was broken chocolate and out of spots they should have been laying in box. A few of them were very small Very disappointed after the radio gave them such a build up.

aprilh28
2/12/16

Ordered cheesecake and strawberries to be delivered by 12 noon on 02-12-2016. Paid extra for this guaranteed delivery date and time. After waiting 2 hours passed time, called company and waited 25 minutes to speak to rep., was put on hold to "check into my order." When rep. returned the connection was so bad I could not hear. Called back and was told order had not shipped. My mistake, I thought this company had stores and would send my order to the nearest to me. Wrong. Everything is made and shipped from California. I will never use them again.

richardj77
2/12/16

the worst company iv'e ever! dealt with. Late first time thought i'd give um another try..., customer service is awful, they hung up on me three times tried to explain to them no one can understand the automated phone line, hung up again. It' s amazing they stay in business

louj9
2/12/16

I orderd a dozen berries but when we opened the box there were only 11. I spent over an hour on hold on their customer service line and after 65 minutes when the lady answered all she said was OH! and hung up.

daveb125
2/12/16

Wife was terribly disappointed. Berries were small to tiny, irregularly shaped, half melted. One actually had a hair on it. The whole selection looked old. Definitely bottom shelf stuff. Tried to call customer service, phone connection the absolute the. All I could hear was it was somewhere off-shore (India, Pakistan, who knows). Please do not support this rip-off. They used to be good but NO MORE. Save your money

garyw67
2/12/16

I placed an order and when completed it showed delivery on Thursday or Friday. now on Friday it shows that they will be delivered on sat. No one is there on sat at the business for delivery.Tried to contact them about this and I called from 4 different phones and every phone was breaking up when trying to speak. Customer service rep just kept saying that my phone was breaking up and I tried to tell her it wasn't my phone. Also was charged extra for sat. delivery that I didn't authorize. Never Again Poor Business ethics

kalas2
2/12/16

I ordered a Valentine's dDay order that was "guaranteed" delivery by the 12th -- Just to receive a tracking number confirmation from them & the carries confirm that it won't deliver until the following day. Because THATS what I paid $24.99 in "shipping" for... Of course! BS! On top of that --To get a rep that CANT EVEN SPEAK ENGLISH! -- Blows my mind furiously -- And to explain myself 5 times --- Forget it!! I'm done!!

franklyd
2/12/16

Terrible - 3/4 of berry was Green, white and unrippened. Tasting of weird tart chemical - Size of my husbands thumb, yet shown and paid for " Gourmet " size.
What a disapointment - on every level.

frankw64
2/11/16

Send you're complaints to the VP himself.Kevin Beresford.from Sacramento Ca.fill his email up.and don't stop...

kentb19
2/10/16

Don't waste your time. Prices look great....until you get to the final invoice page where you're just about to click to confirm your order when you notice that the 4.99 standard shipping charge you selected earlier in the ordering process is now 35 dollars for a 30 dollar box of 12 strawberries. Shari's Berries AKA THIEVES.

tonial2
2/10/16

I can't believe these people are allowed to advertise on Talk Radio with reputable hosts. The deal for V-Day was $39.99 for a dozen assorted roses and 6 gourmet berries. You go through the whole selection process where it says standard shipping to be delivered on 2/11 and/or 2/12 is free then all of a sudden when you go to checkout and all of a sudden your total is $71.67. What? How? Called customer service (in India apparently as others have said) and after explaining myself 4 times, I was put on hold while she spoke to a supervisor. She comes back and says $14.99 charge is because the roses and berries are packed separate. Really??? Did anyone think they'd be wrapped up in the same box? PLUS, she says the extra $9.99 is because the berries are an extra special gift. What?!? The deal was for BOTH! Horrible! And illegal!

kellym139
2/8/16

It said my order was $39.98 then when I go to cart it says $49.98 plus $22.00 for shipping. Why hasn't anyone filed a formal complaint with the Attorney General or the FTC? I think I am going to.

stephaniem105
2/8/16

Strawberries and cheese. Total 50. Then 30 for shipping what. They are going to the same place. But they want 14.99 for the strawberries and 16.99 for the cheesecake. Crazy. I thought I would give them a second chance after the major screw up they did, didn't deliver on time and then strawberries were broken and rotten. Not again, this is so sad. Tried talking with a person through shari berries and all she said was our order was delivered I said I haven't ordered yet, she repeated the same then 3 more times. Then she said it would be 30 because it is snowing. Are you serious!?!?!?! When I said that doesn't make sense she said that is the price and thats it. I called back and finally got the answer that every item you buy you pay 14.99 plus on.

kevinl95
2/7/16

They lead you to believe that shipping is free and you only pay extra for certain days or special times. When you get to the very last ordering screen they add the $14.99 "standard delivery", which I missed until AFTER I placed my order. Not transparent, Deceptive. Dishonest. Fraudulent. Do not order from this company!

internetu1
2/6/16

Thought I would splurge and get my wife some flowers and a selection of these over-priced eight dollar a piece dipped strawberries and some pops and cherries. Total of four items. I selected a saturday delivery which was an extra $8 delivery charge. All four items for same address, same day delivery. I get to checkout and the standard delivery plus extra was applied to EACH item. $16.99+8.00. So over $100 dollars to deliver this small amount of stuff. I honestly don't know how they have any customers. My wife would really rather have the $250 to spend on a myriad of other things.

dank62
2/4/16

I ordered Sherries Berries a couple years ago and not worth it. The berries were all messed up in box and had moisture all over them

chantellef1
2/3/16

What a shipping rip off. $14.95 to ship normally...if I want it in the morning it will cost me another $5.00. So if I ordered it I'd receive them the end next week.. the berries were $20 and the shipping was $20 something really wrong here!!! Rip off company !!!

4 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question