US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

abigaild3

I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. (in 7 reviews)

rogero4

My complaint is that what the picture showed for my order did not match what was recieved. (in 46 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kristenf6
7/24/15

I purchased a chocolate cake for my mothers birthday. It arrived smashed and the whole top melted it looked like someone sat on it. I contact the company the lady I spoke to was very nice and sent another cake free of charge and assured me that it would arrive in great shape and even updated shipping to arrive sooner. I figured they made a mistake this next one would be ok. My mother received it today smashed again. This was very embarrassing and I will never use this company or refer them to anyone ever. There are much better companies out there.

jessicag51
7/23/15

my husband ordered these for me on Mother's Day. I loved them so much I got myself some. I ordered on Tuesday and got them on Thursday. They were in great shape and taste amazing. I ate too many to do a review by video but I definitely will next time I order. I've seen terrible reviews but I have to say that I absolutely love these berries. They could be cheaper though. Just saying :)

ml91
7/21/15

Sounds like what you send to someone you don't like! My experience wasn't so bad, no ants, no rotting fruit...but after paying almost $200 with the two delivery charges (too hard to put a mini cheesecake into one larger package, I guess) the main item was messed up. Groom received pink dipped strawberries with sprinkles, not the tuxedo dark & white chocolate treatment. Also were sour, not normal tartness some berries naturally have. Left over from Mother's Day special, I presume? Emails were met with silence, no apology and certainly no refund. No more for me, and affiliated companies are off my list too.

blushingb
7/17/15

Order with us here at Blushing Berries for all of your special occasion and events! We are based in Atlanta and we offer shipping! To see our work, Follow us on Instagram @BlushingberriesATL ... Twitter @Berriesblushing and Facebook "Blushing Berries" Call/Txt (678) 507-5767 to order!

ve2211
7/9/15

Thank you Shari's Berries for the wonderful order we received on July 3, just in time for 4th of July. The 4 different boxes all were wonderful, from the chocolate dipped strawberries, to the cheesecake, and the chocolate turtles. This was my first taste of Shari's Berries, as it was my son's girlfriend's birthday, and the 14 of us enjoyed them immensely. Thank you. Also, the ice packs inside were still frozen and it was 96 degrees outside. Delicious!

ices3
7/2/15

I cant even give 1 for rating! I ordered a cake for my friend and when it was delivered it doesnt even look like a cake! It is supposed to be a birthday surprise and it was ruined. The packaging is just a round cardboard and a plastic covering the whole cake. Seriously?! And you expect it to be delivered nicely when you cant even put in a simple cake box. DO NOT ORDER HERE!

And they dont give you a refund! They will just offer you replacement of the item even if you dont like it. Dont trust them!

michellem98
6/28/15

Ordered chocolate covered strawberries. By the time they arrived the ice pack was warm, the chocolate was cracking & melting all over. Couldn't even put them out. Ordered 24, received 12.

valf6
6/23/15

I have recieved these berries 3 different time and they were wonderful. Hope i get them again.
Just sent them to my sister for her birthday

brandic2
6/12/15

I ordered chocolate covered oreo cookies to be delivered to my husband. Given the $15 delivery charge, I assumed they would be packaged and delivered in a way that would keep them fresh. Instead, they were shipped standard UPS ground in JUNE! The tracking info shows they started out 5 days before they were due to be delivered, in Colorado, went to New Mexico, then Illinois, then Indiana, before arriving on the delivery date in Buffalo. Shocker - they were all melted! They did refund my money when I complained but didn't answer my question about why it was delivered that way. For that reason, I'd never order anything perishable from them again.

debbieb51
6/5/15

Since I live in another state, I wanted my Mother to experience something different. The berries were left on her doorstep and not noticed to well into the next day. They were no longer frozen and less than desirable. Since they are perishable they should not have been left on the doorstep with no notice of them being delivered. I wouldn't even give it one star. I would not do this again!

abigaild3
5/19/15

To be fair the first time I ordered from Shari's Berries they were beautiful and delicious. So I was confident to order from them a second time for a special event - I ordered cake pops and sea salt caramel chocolate covered Oreos. I'd tell you how they were but they never showed despite an email confirmation saying that they had. I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. Despite the tasty berries the first time, I'll be taking my dollars elsewhere.

vickys23
5/15/15

received beautiful chocolate covered strawberries, but that's where it ends. The berries were not ripe, they were fully covered in chocolate so did not see the stems and leaves left on berries. Not a pleasant experience biting into a hard stem. Very disappointed in this company. And by the looks of these reviews, so is everyone else. Will not recommend this company to anyone, I will discourage it. Wish I could post picture. Oh well, one less customer here.

lizt8
5/13/15

I ordered the Mother's Day variety last year as a surprise for my mom. She was so surprised by the big strawberries and how beautifly decorated they were. This year I thought I would send her the Cheesecake dipped berries. I was sent a 10 dollar off coupon on a 30 dollar or more order. She really loved them and I loved them to. Maybe next time I will try some of your new items like the chocolate cherries. I have been a very satisfied customer and hope to order again in the future, Thanks Again, Liz.

tiac6
5/12/15

Well I ordered mine on a Friday and asked for it to arrive on Tuesday. My mother really wanted these and I was excited to buy them for her. Tuesday arrived and UPS said it was going to be before 5pm and it wasn't here until 7pm. The guy tossed it at the door and walked off in a hurry. I opened the box where it contained one ice pack that was melted and the box and my little letter which could've been done cuter. I opened the box and of course the toppings were all over the box and some where big some were tiny And still had the stem on them. they were edible but not worth buying for someone you cared for ever! I will not buy these chocolate covered strawberries ever again. I'll just make my own.

briann130
5/11/15

I ordered one dozen drizzled chocolate covered strawberries I wish I could take a picture and post it. I can find better bigger strawberries at my grocery store they're not juicy they're small it was not worth the money I paid for it in fact if there was a way to get my money back I would definitely send the strawberries back and get my money back so disappointed.

rayd15
5/11/15

Warm, melted and tiny berries. So misleading. I sent two emails to complain and not one response. Terrible!

caseyw13
5/11/15

I purchase these berries every year for my mother since she is so far away. This year I received a promotion and decided to use it. At check out after I paid it took away the promotion and replaced it with a lesser promotion. So I canceled my order immediately.Emailed and called their "fabulous customer representatives" received no answer through email and got a snotty rep over the phone. I am always courteous as I work with the public I would like to give the CEO a piece of my mind. This company has no quality.

alejandrob8
5/10/15

I bought on this site for first time on mother's day and I will be the last ,I spent 50 bucks thinking that I would get at least 12 strawberries and!! Bull$#*! just six yeah folks 6 berries for 50 dollars this is just an insult and the product quality no even close to what I expected so disappointed

terrim21
5/9/15

My wonderful son and daughter-in--law bought and had me delivered these berries. They arrived covered in ants - the box was full of them. the ice pack was melted and the chocolate was melted. Clearly box was labeled perishable but there was no safety covering, the box containing the berries was not sealed in any way. They have 100% gurarantee - but then I read of their horrible serve department. Dont waste your money.

tiffanyr11
5/9/15

I went to this site to order some berries for my Mother for Mother's Day. They did not show the amount of shipping on the order until after the confirmation button was clicked. At that time I saw I paid $14.99 for shipping plus $4.99 extra for Saturday delivery. THis was almost as much as I paid for the berries. Also, the link on the website that was supposed to show the shipping rates did not go to anything. Tried it several times and it always showed and error. If I had known that the shipping was going to cost as much as the order, I would have thought twice before hitting the confirmation button. The order was shipped overnight, however, was left on a Fed Ex truck all day and then left on the front porch of my mother's house to melt, wilt, and ferment. I would have thought paying $20 for shipping on 12 strawberries, they would show up in pristine shape. This was defiantly NOT THE CASE. I do not recommend this company at all and will NOT ever use them again.

sandraa32
5/9/15

Received a gift of 6 Sharri's Berries as a Mother's Day Gift, delivered May 8, 2015.
Included were 3 single serving "cheesecakes". The chocolate was melted off the berries,and stuck to the carton, at first I did know what the cheesecakes were they were partially melted I though they were a pudding of some sort, however a label on the box stated "cheesecakes"
There appeared to be a small plastic bag with what might have been ice in the carton the gift was delivered in but that also was melted. The entire gift was put into the garbage. I gave a review of one star because there was no space for no star!

Tip for consumers: DO NOT PURCHASE

tomv14
5/9/15

Very misleading ordering process. I went for the $16.99 1/2 dozen special w upgrade for one dozen berries. Got 1/2 dozen delivered at 4x the advertised price! Their ordering process s a very misleading at best.

nicoleh27
5/8/15

I usually don't rant, but I have never received such poor customer service as I had today, over he course of FOUR phone calls to Shari's Berries. I won't go into detail, but after them double charging me, not being able to credit me back, and having to cancel my order, too much time has passed to have a delivery made this weekend... AND THEY WILL DO NOTHING TO MAKE IT RIGHT. They refuse to give me the standard shipping cost last minute even though the mistake was on their end. They refuse to allow customers to speak to supervisors. They will never see one penny of our hard earned money, nor will their affiliates (flowers, etc).
I strongly suggest against wasting any of your time or money on this company!

todda14
5/7/15

I have ordered from Shari's Berries several times with very satisfying results. My wife loves them and they look so nice. I have even gotten friends to order through my account for their wives. Well I upped the anti and got what I though was going to be a beautiful arrangement. (12 berries 12 cherries and 4 cookies) 68.00 after my discount. Package arrived and wife was excited big box. But when we opened the ice packs were all melted (not a good sign) and the cherries were first, they were slightly melted and warm (ok not so bad) cookies were all in one piece so that was good. Then the wife went for the berries. It was sad they were all melted and broken not sitting in the right places my wife (bless her) was understanding and still loved the gift I was a bit upset. This is not what I was accustomed to and thought it warranted a call. I took pics and was ready to email to the proper person when I got on the phone. A very nice lady (Beth I believe) came on and I explained what had happened. She said she fully understood that it was the WOW factor that really made the gift and that this was very sub par she agreed that it should not have come like that. Now here is where I thought that would be it they might throw me a coupon for my next order but they fill millions of these orders so what do they care. To my surprise she told me that she had refunded the entire amount to the CC and that she hoped I would give them another try next year. There is no doubt that I will that is great customer service I didn't ask for my money back I was just disappointed and wanted someone else to care also. In my order history they have not failed to deliver and when they did they fixed it like a PRO. I work in customer service and this impressed me!

Thanks Beth and Shari's Berries I will use you again and I hope for a long brand loyal relationship with you.

jeffc63
5/6/15

I keep hearing their advertisement on the radio for $19.99 add 5 dollars and double your barriers. I decided to order these for my Mother for mothers day 2015 but what they do not tell you is that when get to checkout they add $14.99 shipping and handling plus the shipping rate. So my barriers that I thought I was getting for $19.99 plus the $5 dollars to double my barriers for a total of $24.99 final check out $24.99 plus $4.99 shipping $14.99 shipping and handling total $44.97. Did not place order and never will.

sethm33
5/5/15

I spend 55 dollars on some starwberries for my girlfriends birthday. Very disappointed when the came in. Berries were small. Nothing like the website saids. Will not waste any more money on these. And do not recommend to anyone.

cheryll22
4/1/15

I ordered 6 chocolate dipped strawberries for an Easter gift. When I submitted the order it indicated a rather high delivery charge but I decided to order anyway. When I received the confirmation email it indicated another delivery charge for Saturday delivery...a charge I had not been notified of or approved. This charge brought the cost of 6 strawberries to almost $50. Needless to say I cancelled the order. I also found out this is not a business with an owner, customer service etc. it is an eCommerce site and you are dealing with an eCommerce telephone line when you call in. Very disappointing!

sallyc8
3/4/15

I sent my Mom in Law some berries.. She was thrilled and said they were the most juicy tasty berries she has ever had,,

Another happy customer..

stephanier27
2/17/15

I ordered a few things for my boss who was hospitalized for a punctured lung. I spent over $50 for the items to be delivered NEXT DAY MORNING to the Hospital. By 4:00pm the next day my boss shoots me a text asking where her goodies are.... so I actually check and see that not only did they ship one of the items via Fed Ex and the other with UPS - but BOTH of the Tracking numbers stated that the items are stuck in PA! (WE live in Chicago) Had I known that these God forsaken things were coming from states away - I would have ordered from Edible Arrangements and had no issues! NOWHERE on their site does it say that they are shipping from another state. Secondly, WHY use 2 different carriers for ONE ORDER? Third, I use Fed Ex OFTEN - and pay the $40+ for Express Overnight shipping, and NOT EVER have I had any client call and say that they did not receive the package. I think they charge an arm and a leg for "express shipping" and make false promises...knowing they ship it the cheapest way. THANK GOD I did not order "fresh" fruit - otherwise they would be deteriorated by the time they arrived! Whats worse is - my boss is being released from the Hospital tonight and guess what? The only thing they will reimburse is the Shipping. So I suppose that is just $167 dollars out the window. I wish I had read the reviews on this company before using them. . . and all I wanted was something that would be delivered express next day. Lesson Learned. Ricky Smiley better stop advertising for them too , before I stop listening to his crazy self in the morning!

alc136
2/16/15

Ordered for my wife for valentine's day. What a complete waste of $55. Very low quality berries, nothing like the website pictured. Top 3rd of the strawberry was white, flavorless, and mushy. Not eye appealing in anyway whatsoever. No green leaves, but completely covered in mediocre chocolate to mask the crap they called a gourmet strawberry. And don't even try calling customer service unless you want to talk to some guy named "Frank" from India.

pamc16
2/15/15

My husband bought chocolate covered strawberries for me for valentine's day, a dozen. What a disappointment, they were small and the chocolate had no taste. I couldn't believe how much they cost, ridiculous. Never buy these again

ritam12
2/14/15

Placed and order for the first time this year, they just arrived and I was very disappointed. the strawberries I got in my local grocery store were bigger prettier and tastier, and were ¼ the price I paid for these berries. Never again

tonia26
2/12/15

My husband ordered me strawberries and they arrived all melted and hot not even edible and they charged him $5 dollars extra for the card and half the message was missing. DON''T EVER order from them!!!! Oh and when we called to get a reund we were on hold for over 30 minutes!!

micheler13
2/12/15

I ordered one dozen drizzled chocolate covered strawberries I wish I could take a picture and post iT. I can find
better bigger strawberries at my grocery store they're not juicy they're small it was not worth the money I paid for it in fact if there was a way to get my money back I would definitely send the strawberries back and get my money back so disappointed will never ever ever recommend this place or buy from here again

joes459
2/10/15

thought i would be nice and order some Chocolate strawberries and some covered cherries too. Both orders will go to the same address and the same day, but the charged me double shipping and double guaranteed delivery, almost 40 bucks. Costumer service pretty much said " o well". will not be ordering any more from them. RIPOFF

williamg52
2/6/15

Ordered last year for my wife on Valentines day, Friday. She works in the school system so the Friday arrival was critical. They did not arrive on time. They actually arrived later that next week. The berries were in horrible shape. None of the coatings were attached. Sent pictures and got a refund. Their advertisements sound great and you would think that they would be prepared for a big holiday. I mean they are doing all the advertising but, from the reviews they aren't. Maybe it's their delivery method, however they are still accountable. The internet is full of bad reviews. Order them at your own risk but I'd advise a backup plan cause there is a very good chance they will not arrive on time.

hollisr11
1/2/15

Very careful....lots of hidden charges. What I thought was $19.99 with free shipping, ended up being $37.49. 0000000 stars!!!!!

jenniferl72
12/31/14

I ordered 12 berries from a Groupon I had purchased. Yes, the shipping was a bit pricy (about $19), but the order arrived on time in a very well packed box with a cold pack and insulation. I can see why it was expensive. I had ordered the berries without looking at the reviews and looked at the reviews after. So I was skeptical.

I was pleasantly surprised. I had my husband cut into the berries first to make sure they were good. They were bright red and looked amazing. Yes, they were completely covered in chocolate (including the stem unlike all of the photos on their website), but who cares. I say the more chocolate the better. I though they were very good. I would order again for a special treat.

robertm162
12/24/14

Ordered 12 gourmet dipped berries. No leaves left on berries. Top completely covered in chocolate to conceal the WHITE tops. The berries themselves were terrible. I would never have bought such low quality strawberries in market. They were already getting mushy when I received them. It was a complete waste of money. All 12 went in the garbage. I will NEVER buy from Sharis again. Thank God I planned to take them to the intended recipient rather than have them delivered there.

lisan38
12/17/14

Shari's Berries has excellent customer service and delivers a delicious product! My friend moved and I didn't have her updated address. She lives clear across the country from me, is 9 months pregnant, and LOVES fruit. She drove by her old apartment the next day and couldn't find the package. Not only did Shari's Berries replace my order for free, but they also rushed the delivery to her *correct* address for no extra fee. The next day, I was also pleasantly surprised to see a 25% discount coupon in my inbox for the inconvenience.

Not only were they a pleasure to deal with and gracious and eloquent in correspondences, but they also delivered a product that my friend absolutely loved! They made her day, and mine. I would recommend Shari's Berries to all my friends based on this most recent experience and others I've had with them.

Tip for consumers: "Standard" shipping is still costly. My $30 order cost $15 to ship, and you don't see that until you're almost done ordering. Also, if you let items sit in your cart for a day or two, they'll email you a coupon code for 15% off!

jkadsfj
12/15/14

These berries come from the farm in crates, with dirt and anything else that may have contaminated them (animal fecal matter, pesticides, etc...) and are dipped in chocolate without washing them.
Despite worries from the company for years about the negative health effects and consumer sentiment around not washing our strawberries before dipping them in chocolate, nothing has been done to resolve this issue.
The company ships millions of these strawberries per year, especially now during the upcoming Christmas holiday, Valentines Day holiday and Mother's Day holiday. The berries arrive directly from the farm, are sorted for size in machinery and directly sent to be dipped in chocolate (actually it's not even real chocolate, but a chocolate like substance). There is actual dirty and grime accumulation all over the berry sorting equipment because of how dirty the berries are.
The executives at the company recognized this as a potential issue and year after year give it lip service. However, putting in a real system to properly clean the berries or somehow track shipments to a certain lot of berries from a farm would cost money. Currently if a group of customers across the country contracted a food bourne infection from the berries, the company would have no way to resolve the issue or track where the berries originated from.
Don't send your loved ones these berries for the sake of health.
-Concerned Shari's Berries Employee

unhappyv2
12/3/14

be very careful....lots of hidden charges. What I thought was $19.99 with free shipping, ended up being $37.49. Zero stars!!!!!

rogero4
11/25/14

First, I would like to state, that delivery was has promised, and very well packaged. My complaint is that what the picture showed for my order did not match what was recieved. The strawberries were completely covered, unlike an order many years ago where the top of the strawberry was visible and the leaves and stem still attached. Apparently a number of people have complained out leaves and stems still in tact. If you eat strawberries by hand you typically hold them by stem-I see no problem. Also the word description, if you read it, and I didn't, you will notice that there is no mention of a multi -colored sprinkle of candies as shown in the picture. Again, many years ago, my order matched the picture exactly and the strawberries were fresh. I can not vouch for the freshness this time around, as they have not yet been given to the person. Be aware that this company has been boughtout by a hedge fund, so don't expect the same quality that the start-up company had. It's all about making BIG money. A shame to ruin a nice small business niche.

jenniferf20
6/18/14

I have ordered a few times. It is ok, but way too expensive. Today, I am rather annoyed as they just seem to be a scam. I was sent an email offering free shipping. Thought I would unload a living social voucher I have had sitting around. I did not use it because I do not think the stuff is good enough to send as a gift. I type in the voucher..they ad the shipping which was to free. So, I call. They dismiss my issue. They are obviously scamming enough people to not worry about unsatisfied consumers. I am just tired of big companies sending emails with promise of savings..just to get you to the site.

rhondap5
5/13/14

Just like to say that I ordered some strawberries from them for Mothers Day for my mother in law. Not only did they not ship on the day specified (I paid extra for it), they sent her the wrong order. When she got them, they were melted and gross. The ice pack went out and the strawberries were ruined. We called and they gave us a choice of money back or resend the strawberries. I felt like they should have done both. We got some reimbursement but my mother in law is still without a mothers day gift. I called and the rep was argumentative with me over the amount. She insisted I rec'd back what was owed to me event though I feel like I got shorted a few bucks. Even so, you think they would go the extra step and still send her something. I was very disappointed. I wish I could post the picture of the strawberries they sent her.

rs49
5/11/14

Price is acceptable for the berries $20 for 6. They did arrive on time and they we good. However the double secret hidden shipping charge is rotten. It is very similar to the people on ebay. They sell the item at a cheap price then kill you on the shipping. I paid more for the shipping then I did the product. It wasn't like I had it over knighted or anything. You may be asking yourself "Well why the hell did you pay for it if you didn't like the cost?" Easy Answer is I'm stupid. The way it was worded, I thought shipping was only $4.95 for standard shipping. What it was saying was it was $4.95 extra onto their already high standard shipping. I didn't realize it until I already paid for it.

mattw38
5/9/14

Lying sacks! The "19.99 special" doesn't include 2 hidden charges of 14.99!!
That's 29.98 on shipping 6 flipping strawberries!!!!!!!

ashleyb55
5/8/14

I ordered 12 berries and 3 cake pops for my mom for mother's day and didn't read reviews first. I'm really glad I didn't. The berries arrived today and they're HUGE! They're delicious, perfectly ripe and the chocolate is amazing. None of hers were out of place or melted, so I was very relieved. We haven't tried the cake pops yet, but they look delicious!

barbarat11
5/8/14

I have always seen the commercial on TV about Shari's Berries and told my husband I would love to have them. I was surprised today when they cam by UPS.and my son had sent them to me for Mothers Day. When I opened the package I cried like a baby. I have never seen strawberries as big as these. They are so delicious and I would highly recommend them.Shari's Berries you rock. You made my Mothers Day wonderful with the help of my son . Thanks Jerry.

cindyl23
4/18/14

Have ordered from here lots great place.
Everything was perfect mom was very impressed .