US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

abigaild3

I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. (in 12 reviews)

rogero4

My complaint is that what the picture showed for my order did not match what was recieved. (in 71 reviews)

micheler13

I ordered one dozen drizzled chocolate covered strawberries I wish I could take a picture and post iT. (in 35 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

kevinl95
2/7/16

They lead you to believe that shipping is free and you only pay extra for certain days or special times. When you get to the very last ordering screen they add the $14.99 "standard delivery", which I missed until AFTER I placed my order. Not transparent, Deceptive. Dishonest. Fraudulent. Do not order from this company!

internetu1
2/6/16

Thought I would splurge and get my wife some flowers and a selection of these over-priced eight dollar a piece dipped strawberries and some pops and cherries. Total of four items. I selected a saturday delivery which was an extra $8 delivery charge. All four items for same address, same day delivery. I get to checkout and the standard delivery plus extra was applied to EACH item. $16.99+8.00. So over $100 dollars to deliver this small amount of stuff. I honestly don't know how they have any customers. My wife would really rather have the $250 to spend on a myriad of other things.

dank62
2/4/16

I ordered Sherries Berries a couple years ago and not worth it. The berries were all messed up in box and had moisture all over them

chantellef1
2/3/16

What a shipping rip off. $14.95 to ship normally...if I want it in the morning it will cost me another $5.00. So if I ordered it I'd receive them the end next week.. the berries were $20 and the shipping was $20 something really wrong here!!! Rip off company !!!

tc69
2/3/16

Ordered last year and berries arrived late and berries were all crushed. I will not order ever again.

lindyc5
2/2/16

Had order complete until checkout where I discovered the shipping charge for standard delivery which was illustrated as free. I did not want to go through all the rebate hassle to get free delivery. Very misleading and unnecessary. I did not finish order.

betsyw8
1/24/16

I had three of the very same items sent to one address, mine...and Shari-Berries charged me three shipping cost of $ 14.99 EACH or a total of $ 44.97! I will NEVER order from this company again... it's a racket!

petea19
1/6/16

I ordered once from you on Valentine's Day and the Berries were very Large and Juicy! I ordered an Assortment of 12 Berries from you for my wife for Christmas. I had it delivered early because we went to Las Vegas for Christmas. I was very Dissatisfied with the Berries I received. If I wanted small Berries I could buy them at Wal-mart and Dip them myself. It wouldn't cost me 55.00 dollars to do it either. I may not ever order from you again! Very Dissapointed Customer, Pete L. Adkins

Tip for consumers: Why can't I submit my review?

dissatisfiedc5
1/1/16

Over the years, I have received Sherries berries chocolate covered strawberries as gifts and have ordered them for my household for the holidays and they used to be delicious, but not anymore. I had noticed the quality go downhill and haven't ordered them in a couple of years but tried again this year and this year was the worst!! They were a big disappointment especially when we were all looking forward to them at the holidays. The family ended up picking the chocolate off some of the strawberries and we threw the rest away.
They arrived on time but only because I ordered them early in the month of Dec, but the box was wet, the ice pack was melted and the gel inside it was leaking out of holes. The chocolate coating was sweating and melting and was cracked but the worst part was the size, quality and taste of the strawberries. They were rotten, mushy and had a very strong chemical or fermented taste to them. Awful!! We called and they wanted to send out a replacement but I refused and took the credit. We will not be ordering from there again.

tonyaa9
12/30/15

I ordered a dozen of strawberries that could sit on my pinky finger without falling off. I contacted the company to get replacement berries that were also miniature berries. I contacted Customer Service to assess if this was weather related but no explanation was provided. They have lost a customer.

marko202
12/29/15

Ordered online. Delivery date was made. Did not deliver on date requested. Was 1 week late. Nothing alerted me that delivery was not possible. No credit or refund offered after calling 2 times to find out why it was not delivered. I will never order here again. I'll stick with the gourmet apple.

carolync22
12/27/15

My family has ordered from Shari's Berries for years with just a couple hiccups here and there. This Christmas, I ordered strawberries to be sent to my parents and brother as a gift. While they were received on time, they were not in any condition to eat. The package was taken in and opened immediately as they are alwaysexcited to receive the berries. The cold pack was warm and the berries were smashed. The minute they told me, I was on the phone. The company refused to send out a replacement. When I asked why, she mumbled something I didn't quite understand. She offered a full refund so I took it but let her know my disappointment in the ruined gift. Later that day, I received an "OOPS" email offering 15% off my next order. That was insulting since anyone can get that deal on the Internet frequently. So I emailed Shari's Berries to let them know how I felt about the transaction (no cussing or rudeness, I promise). I receive a second email with a 25% discount on my next purchase. Since that still didn't fix the bad gift experience, I was very tempted to tell them to stick their "discount off next purchase" so called deal up their booty. Being Christmas, I refrained :) During my transactions my parents sent me strawberries, which were fine and delicious, but they sent a seperate package of cherries to my son. One of the boxes of cherries has some that were smashed! What the heck is going on, Shari'S Berries??? I sent a nice package of David & Harry to my family instead.

sharonr41
12/26/15

I paid $120.00 for what I thought would be a very nice gift for her . It turned out to be very disappointing . The berries were small and inconsistent it looked like the box was way to big for them .They also had no stems . The pretzels were broken. The shipping cost was outrageous . I was very disappointed and felt bad for the gift I sent her . I wish I could get my money back . I should get my money back .

vivianl27
12/25/15

A complete rip off. I ordered to ship on 12/22. Got an email that said shipment will be delayed until the 24th, and then got another email on the 22nd that said the product I ordered failed to pass quality requirement??? It said they will replace my product with something else and didn't say what will it be replaced with. I called customer service and they said the product I ordered will be arriving on the 24th, due to delay shipping they are going to refund me the shipping cost. She also said she sees nothing mentioning the product being not passed the quality requirement and ensure me that the same product I ordered will be shipped. Today is the 24th and I just checked the tracking, they shipped UPS GROUND today!!! It's logic that it won't not get delivered by shipping it ground today. I should have cancel this order when called the customer service. And by the way, the customer service is not helpful at all. Please don't order from them because it's a complete rip off. Your gift to your love ones won't be deliver on time and I bet the quality is as bad.

maximinaa
12/24/15

I received an order today and they were mushy. The worst chocolate covers strawberries I ever seen because I could not eat them. I feel really bad that I had to tell the sender about this gift that your company ruined for her. I would rate you a zero if it was possible. Waste of money .

toml85
12/24/15

I received Shari Berries for Christmas and was very disappointed in what was delivered . The Berries were small compared to the pictures and had NO stems. The berries were throw all over the box from shipping and the taste of the one Berrie I tried was awful... Very disappointed . Website looks beautiful but the product not great upon shipping.

juliet135
12/22/15

Received for Christmas, was so disappointed in the size of the berries, they show huge in the pictures, but are really just a regular strawberry, dipped in chocolate. At least we received them .. but very disappointing.. Nothing impressive, and when you open it, you feel sorry for the person that spent so much money for 6 or even 12 berries.. little berries,Walmart has bigger berries.. Sad

pattys25
12/22/15

Beware that what ever you order (6 strawberries) you will pay at least $15 for shipping. The shipping cost are not apparent and when I contact the company to express my concern customer service was rude and indignant. I hope the product is worth the hassle.

donf27
12/20/15

For the past three weeks, by computer efficiency has decreased by more than 25% because the people in power at ProFlowers / Shari's Berries have imbedded popup logic in my desktop, and despite my having excellent popup removal software, I can't call up my Internet Explorer Home page without having irritating, intrusive ads for these two companies. I've contacted them to complain, but they haven't bothered to provide me with a procedure for stopping these popup ads. I guess that, from reading the reviews, they just don't care, but I do, and I plan to send them a bill for decreased efficiency if the ads don't disappear by Christmas.

jackp58
12/18/15

Purchase these before was very good. Received my box of chocolate strawberries today . Was very disappointed. They were soggy, very small in size, busted up. Will not purchase again.

syrennew
12/18/15

I got some chocolate covered strawberries as a gift before and they were fine, I ordered some for my family and they were destroyed upon arrival, broken chocolate all through the tray and uncovered strawberries. Not to mention 7/12 strawberries still had leaves/stems attached. Had the chocolate not been broken we would have discovered them while trying to eat the strawberries. I also ordered some caramel/chocolate pretzels and they were crazy stale! The caramel was absolutely disgusting. They add so many fees for shipping and other options that shouldn't even cost that much. I'll stick to making my own if I ever want chocolate covered strawberries ever again. Complete crap. Still have yet to hear back from costomer service on what they have to say about the terrible conditions in which I received my order. Will never buy from them again!

tobys27
12/17/15

I have ordered in the past with no problems..this time were not delivered on time..people on the phone act like they are 6 years old...will never order from them again..shipping charges outrageous

kellyd60
12/16/15

This place should get no stars due to their sneaky shipping fees. LOL! I just read on someone else's review they got charges and additional charge for Saturday. I GOT CHARGED ADDITIONAL FOR MONDAY! A.M is more and I got charged for selecting a date they said was available but didn't realize it was going to charge me DOUBLE. I ordered 2 shipments. One 19.99 order cost 35.00 to ship!. Bottom line $104.92 for 18 berries.
STANDARD DELIVERY $14.99
MORNING DELIVERY $14.99
RUSH DELIVERY $4.99

STANDARD DELIVERY $14.99
MONDAY DELIVERY $4.99

I understand that when I choose express delivery options I will be paying more. They never disclose their shipping prices until CONFIRM process of order. They do not deserve your business.

davidb386
12/16/15

After receiving eMail to "Wrap up my order", I thought there was something I had not done to complete the order I placed. Turns out that it was just a badly worded email; the order was ready to go. While on their web site, I noticed that the items I had ordered were going for $6 per item less than when I ordered. The lame mope that answered the phone told me there was nothing they could do to reduce the price or issue a credit to my card. This is nonsense! Of course they can issue a credit - it's not a case of "can't" but "won't". So I cancelled my order - maybe they can calculate what their margin on $0 is. I have no use for a company that charges $20 to ship a box and then won't work with their customers.

omerm20
12/9/15

the worst birthday cake every sent from them , i think someone the cake had a assprint of someone sitting on it on purpose, came 2 days late and all smashed ..

kathleent10
11/25/15

Made 2 seperate orders......One made it to N.C., the to N.J., did not. Full refund on the N.J. Order, but so disappointed for my grandchildren. Customer service, very good, but will not use this service again

krism37
10/31/15

We have ordered 3 times (benefit of the doubt) and within two days of receiving the berries are soft and rotting. DO NOT waste your money. Last time we complained they sent a replacement order of their crappy berries. Go elsewhere and save your money.

leahw11
10/31/15

I received the 12 strawberries on Friday, immediately refrigerated, and opened them on Saturday for my Mom's birthday. The strawberries did not look as nice as advertised and were soggy and had rotten spots. I called and received a refund. The customer service rep did not seem surprised at all at my complaint.

johnj225
10/30/15

Order in time but was not delivery in time. ONE DAY LATE!! Quite missing the point with a bday cake when it is one day late and shipping at 16 usd should get on time! Avoid this is you order something for a special day! Runied a kids birthday

lynnettec1
10/25/15

I got an email stating a deal, as I looked I found there was a deal to send flowers and 12 strawberries for 39.99. I continued to order for my mothers 79th Birthday, as I proceeded to check out my bill was well over 80.00! Sheris Berries was charging me 9.99 a piece for the flowers and again for the strawberries Also charging me 13.99 for a Saturday delivery, only because THEY couldn't deliver on Mondy, which was the day I actually wanted them delivered. This was all going to the SAME address. Needless to say I didn't order and ordered a 100.00 edible arrangement instead. Don't get fooled

lenettes
10/21/15

I am a long time customer. I started ordering from them is 2007. At that time I had NO complaints. What I always received were BIG juicy delicious strawberries. Well worth the price.

However, things have changed.

I have recently placed two orders to set out for a dinner party. I order strawberries, pretzels covered in chocolate and dipped Oreos.

First, the strawberries I received were so small I didn't feel confident in string them out for my guests.

Second, the pretzels were broken in multiple pieces. Couldn't set those out.

Finally, the Oreos were so stale they just kind of tasted bizarre and almost bendable. Gross

I complained and was assured my replacement order they were sending me would be of the best quality. They told me that the strawberries should be the size of a large egg.

maryp87
9/29/15

Too bad! Someone who loved me went to a lot of effort and expense to please me and they were awful! They had been dipped stem and all and aside from not having any flavor they were soggy and truly not worth eating.
I feel terrible complaining about a gift someone lovingly sent me to cheer me up but better than the next person being disappointed too.
Send chocolates and forget Shari's Berries. Yuk!
(Btw---they also didn't put the information in the package about who sent them so I had to call to find out. That was tedious on top of disappointment.)
Sigh.

josieh2
9/14/15

pretty good !

lynnm68
9/10/15

Berries came warm and melted! 2 of the berries looked rotted. The cheesecake was totally warm and mush. Nothing kept cold for delivery. Very disappointed.

christinem51
8/22/15

There is no good reason to charge twice for delivery - once for regular and a second, much more expensive charge for delivery on Saturday. Fedex delivers on Saturdays as a matter of course, so the extra $16.99 on top of $9.99 is nothing short of pure greed. The product may have been good, but I won't order from them again based on the extra charges.

karlat
8/21/15

I was hesitant to use this company due to some pretty bad reviews but my sister has used it previously and absolutely swears by it. I wanted to do something special for my mother for her 50th birthday so I ordered some chocolate dipped strawberries (she loves them and i'm not domestic enough to make them) and some flowers. They were delivered separately which was weird but I have no complaints regarding the quality of the products we received. In fact, the orchids they delivered are some of the prettiest flowers I have ever sent to my mother (we send her flowers every year). I ate one of the strawberries myself and it was tasty. No sour/overripe/smashed strawberries which was my biggest concern after reading the reviews. I'm not sure if I just got lucky but I will try ordering from this company again.

ljj1
7/31/15

I placed an order for $23.99 with standard shipping in which the site stated was $4.99. When i received the invoice after checkout i had paid instead $24.99 for standard shipping. NEVER AGAIN!!!!!

kristenf6
7/24/15

I purchased a chocolate cake for my mothers birthday. It arrived smashed and the whole top melted it looked like someone sat on it. I contact the company the lady I spoke to was very nice and sent another cake free of charge and assured me that it would arrive in great shape and even updated shipping to arrive sooner. I figured they made a mistake this next one would be ok. My mother received it today smashed again. This was very embarrassing and I will never use this company or refer them to anyone ever. There are much better companies out there.

jessicag51
7/23/15

my husband ordered these for me on Mother's Day. I loved them so much I got myself some. I ordered on Tuesday and got them on Thursday. They were in great shape and taste amazing. I ate too many to do a review by video but I definitely will next time I order. I've seen terrible reviews but I have to say that I absolutely love these berries. They could be cheaper though. Just saying :)

ml91
7/21/15

Sounds like what you send to someone you don't like! My experience wasn't so bad, no ants, no rotting fruit...but after paying almost $200 with the two delivery charges (too hard to put a mini cheesecake into one larger package, I guess) the main item was messed up. Groom received pink dipped strawberries with sprinkles, not the tuxedo dark & white chocolate treatment. Also were sour, not normal tartness some berries naturally have. Left over from Mother's Day special, I presume? Emails were met with silence, no apology and certainly no refund. No more for me, and affiliated companies are off my list too.

blushingb
7/17/15

Order with us here at Blushing Berries for all of your special occasion and events! We are based in Atlanta and we offer shipping! To see our work, Follow us on Instagram @BlushingberriesATL ... Twitter @Berriesblushing and Facebook "Blushing Berries" Call/Txt (678) 507-5767 to order!

ve2211
7/9/15

Thank you Shari's Berries for the wonderful order we received on July 3, just in time for 4th of July. The 4 different boxes all were wonderful, from the chocolate dipped strawberries, to the cheesecake, and the chocolate turtles. This was my first taste of Shari's Berries, as it was my son's girlfriend's birthday, and the 14 of us enjoyed them immensely. Thank you. Also, the ice packs inside were still frozen and it was 96 degrees outside. Delicious!

ices3
7/2/15

I cant even give 1 for rating! I ordered a cake for my friend and when it was delivered it doesnt even look like a cake! It is supposed to be a birthday surprise and it was ruined. The packaging is just a round cardboard and a plastic covering the whole cake. Seriously?! And you expect it to be delivered nicely when you cant even put in a simple cake box. DO NOT ORDER HERE!

And they dont give you a refund! They will just offer you replacement of the item even if you dont like it. Dont trust them!

michellem98
6/28/15

Ordered chocolate covered strawberries. By the time they arrived the ice pack was warm, the chocolate was cracking & melting all over. Couldn't even put them out. Ordered 24, received 12.

valf6
6/23/15

I have recieved these berries 3 different time and they were wonderful. Hope i get them again.
Just sent them to my sister for her birthday

brandic2
6/12/15

I ordered chocolate covered oreo cookies to be delivered to my husband. Given the $15 delivery charge, I assumed they would be packaged and delivered in a way that would keep them fresh. Instead, they were shipped standard UPS ground in JUNE! The tracking info shows they started out 5 days before they were due to be delivered, in Colorado, went to New Mexico, then Illinois, then Indiana, before arriving on the delivery date in Buffalo. Shocker - they were all melted! They did refund my money when I complained but didn't answer my question about why it was delivered that way. For that reason, I'd never order anything perishable from them again.

debbieb51
6/5/15

Since I live in another state, I wanted my Mother to experience something different. The berries were left on her doorstep and not noticed to well into the next day. They were no longer frozen and less than desirable. Since they are perishable they should not have been left on the doorstep with no notice of them being delivered. I wouldn't even give it one star. I would not do this again!

abigaild3
5/19/15

To be fair the first time I ordered from Shari's Berries they were beautiful and delicious. So I was confident to order from them a second time for a special event - I ordered cake pops and sea salt caramel chocolate covered Oreos. I'd tell you how they were but they never showed despite an email confirmation saying that they had. I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. Despite the tasty berries the first time, I'll be taking my dollars elsewhere.

vickys23
5/15/15

received beautiful chocolate covered strawberries, but that's where it ends. The berries were not ripe, they were fully covered in chocolate so did not see the stems and leaves left on berries. Not a pleasant experience biting into a hard stem. Very disappointed in this company. And by the looks of these reviews, so is everyone else. Will not recommend this company to anyone, I will discourage it. Wish I could post picture. Oh well, one less customer here.

lizt8
5/13/15

I ordered the Mother's Day variety last year as a surprise for my mom. She was so surprised by the big strawberries and how beautifly decorated they were. This year I thought I would send her the Cheesecake dipped berries. I was sent a 10 dollar off coupon on a 30 dollar or more order. She really loved them and I loved them to. Maybe next time I will try some of your new items like the chocolate cherries. I have been a very satisfied customer and hope to order again in the future, Thanks Again, Liz.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

Shari's Berries?