US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

abigaild3

I called customer service and got a half hearted apology and a refund. (in 37 reviews)

barbarat11

I was surprised today when they cam by UPS.and my son had sent them to me for Mothers Day. (in 20 reviews)

rogero4

My complaint is that what the picture showed for my order did not match what was recieved. (in 159 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

elleny2
5/25/16

Had ordered these for Mother's day with a 50% off groupon. Due to a family emergency, I needed to cancel the shipping address to where it was going, and have it shipped to my own home instead. This was all within an hour period, so there was plenty of time to make the changes. The customer service representative was very unhelpful, and said she could only do it if I gave my credit card info to her. Not wanting to do that, I just cancelled the order. I called the next day to find out if it was cancelled, and she hadn't cancelled it. When the next rep cancelled my order, I was told that my groupon would not be refunded to me, but that I could use it before it expired to order another time. Fast forward to now. About 3 days ago, decided to use up my groupon, and place my order. My berries were shipped out NDA, and I just received them this evening. They were packed up tight, but the dry ice they shipped it with was already melted, and so were my berries. Just got off the phone with customer service again, and the best they could do was send out a replacement. I'll never order again for flowers, or any type of food product that needs refrigeration. I ordered from them, because I've heard great things. Well, I hope this helps the next person that decides to order from here. Run, fast.

toms229
5/16/16

Had delivery set for 5/5/16. On 5/7 they tell me it will not get delivered by Mother's Day it will be delivered on the 9th. For screwing me they tell me they would give me 16.99 delivery back plus 10.00 and deliver a new shipment . I tell them please deliver on 5/12 again nothing delivered. This is The worst company you will ever deal with. STAY AWAY it's not worth it.

coleenf
5/16/16

My kids sent me a box of shari's berries for Mother's Day, they were excited to give me this "gourmet " gift. I couldn't tell them how disappointing these berries were. 1. They come with the green stem end of the berry still on the berry, just covered with chocolate- so if you don't slice them you wouldn't know until you ate it.
2. Berries have the old fermented taste, definitely not fresh and sweet.
3. The most disappointing thing was the chocolate! No flavor, it doesn't melt, it's not creamy, it is a waste of calories.
Such a good idea- done very poorly.
We have had incredible edibles and they are much better!

melissat43
5/14/16

The ONLY reason I ordered from Sharie's Berries was because I heard their offer on the radio & I didn't have much time to get a gift delivered to my Mom who lives in Michigan & I live in the south. She told me that if she had to rate the quality & taste of Sharie's Berries she would give them a 2 out of 5. I am disgusted. I asked her why & she said the berries are huge but absolutely NO TASTE at all and the chocolate was super hard. I had to spend over $57 on these berries so I would expect them to be outstanding! I will make sure to tell everyone I know not to order these disappointing berries.......

taran12
5/12/16

If you think the Strawberries look so good in the commercials don't do it!!! I ordered as a Mother's Day gift which was delivered after the fact 3 days late. Which as you can imagine Fresh Strawberries were no longer fresh! Rotten berries and melted chocolate were delivered to my Mom AFTER Mother's Day!! I even read the bad reviews but I thought it can't be that bad! It is!!! Don't waste your money!!! And the shipping is a whole other story! They charge 14.99 PLUS 4.99 for the guaranteed day!!! They didn't even deliver on my "guaranteed" day!! Ridiculous! They offered to only refund my shipping costs but I absolutely refused and demanded a full refund which I did get. But my Mom got nothing on her Mother's Day who lives 1200 miles away from me. So my advice is please don't order from here!! There are better places out there!

oliviay5
5/12/16

The service was terrible! The strawberries were rotting, the choclate was liquidy and melted, and the ice packs were warm even! It looked tossed around and was a day late. I wouldn't order from this place again, their digusting items totally turned me off.

kimv20
5/11/16

The only reason I gave Shari's a one star, is because they came before Mothers Day. My daughter ordered these and thought it would be a nice gift, I was saddened to tell her she wasted her money. They were the worst tasting berries I have ever eaten. I only took one bite of one and had to throw out. I checked the others and all were Not ripened. The strawberries were not ripe, they were white in color with a very little red and tasted like some chemical. The ice bag was melted by the time they arrived, but that really would not have mattered. I would never recommend Shari's Berries to anyone and my daughter should get her money back.

paulak11
5/11/16

I placed my Mother's Day order at least a week ahead of time and requested the delivery for the Thursday before Mother's Day. Not only was the delivery not made Thursday, it was not made Friday, Saturday, or Sunday. The company did not notify me there was a delay or problem with my order. To date there is no indication there was a problem with the order; it just wasn't delivered. I was unaware that the delivery had not taken place until I called my Mother on Mother's Day around 5 pm. After several emails to Shari 's (AKA: ProFlowers), I was basically told I was right - there was no delivery, but Shari's would send another order to be delivered at some unknown time. However, the "good news" was they would not charge me for a "2nd delivery." No refund or discount offered for the first order, that never took place. By Tuesday (6 days after the original order), no delivery was made. I requested a full refund and told the company to forget the 2nd delivery. I'm shocked that a company that relies so heavily on delivery would be so nonchalant about missing the delivery. In case the company sees this and wonders what I expected - this is what I expected: 1) to be delivered on time, 2) to be notified of a missed delivery, 3) if the delivery was totally missed and not attempted the following day, then I should have been offered a total refund (or at least a good discount) and the delivery should have been made as soon as possible.

Update: This order continued to go bad with the first order finally arriving a week and 1/2 later - covered in water (melted ice). It went directly to the trash can. However, the company did refund my money and they went ahead and sent 2 more orders, which both arrived in great condition.

tonyap5
5/10/16

could not understand them they got the order wrong so we called again to cancel well they messed that up and charged us for a 2nd time so the next day called again and guess what now they have charged us 3 times !

lus51
5/10/16

I got one box delivered by FedEx at 10:00 on Thursday night and opened the box and they were broken and smelled overripe and the ice pack was melted, so I put them in the Frig and hoped for the best. I called my daughter who had ordered them for me for Mothers Day and they sent out another box that was delivered by Ups
and that box seemed ok, but after eating about 4 or these , I now have diarrhea and don't know if that is what caused or the first box which I ate the chocolate and threw the berries away. The 1st box was shipped out from SD on the 3rd and I got it 2 1/2 days later and everything was melted, So someone should be inspecting these packages and try not to send out from SD/
Luann Stone Brighton Co

ciarac3
5/10/16

Husband ordered berries for mothers day and they arrived 2 days after original delivery date. How they arrived might you ask? Broken, melted and MOLDY! Yes. Covered in mold. Ice pack was completely melted and warm, box was even becoming soft from a leak from, you guessed it...rotting berries. Called and asked for a full refund. Will be sending photos to them, and posting this same review elsewhere. Do not do business with these people!

jodis16
5/10/16

I ordered the Mother's Day Special with the plant and the Berries. Like others I ordered in time and paid extra for the delivery. The Berries did arrive however the plant did not show up until 3 days later with the pot broken and unusable. Like others I contact the customer service for assistance, first when the plant did not arrive as advertised and expected and second when it finally showed up but was broken. Like everyone else I spoke with someone in a call center on the other side of the universe. There was no resolution, no offer of resolution, no apology for providing a product that did not arrive when advertised and then showed up broken. Completely disappointed and I will NEVER spend another dime with Shari's Berries.

mikes390
5/10/16

I ordered my berries for Friday delivery. On Saturday I get a message that they "Shipped!!". On Monday night I get melted and broken berries, 2 dozen of them! Everyone is GONE for Mothers Day. They have LEFT. I am stuck with crappy melted berries. If they couldn't deliver on that Friday, then just say so! I ordered a week ahead of time so they should have known what their logistics supply chain could handle based on previous holidays and previous complaints. Sent a picture and an email back to Sharis. They responded with a "We are delighted to hear your gift was a success". Ok, so I guess they don't read customer complaints and look at pictures.

mm217
5/9/16

Didn't deliver on day they promised. Said they did but order was damaged, so my mother requested a replacement order. My mother never got the original order and never asked for a replacement. They lied to me about communication that never happened with my mother! Shame on this dishonest company and shame on Rush and Sean for promoting Shari's Berries!

kt67
5/9/16

Not only did they not deliver our Mother's Day gift, they sent an email saying it WAS delivered, but 1-2 days late. No call about it being late or anything. It was NOT delivered, so they were lying about it. Then when I called, they said maybe it's because of the volume on Mother's Day. I said maybe they shouldn't keep accepting orders if the volume is too high for them to keep up with. Then he tells me the replacement can be there on May 17th. This is 9 days after Mother's Day. I told him to just refund my money. This company is horrible. Out mother has been struggling and we had to be out of town on Mother's Day, so we felt bad about that. Thanks a lot Shari for not delivering.

patriciam124
5/9/16

We wanted to do something different/special and fun for Mother's Day. I ordered in plenty of time and even paid an extra $9.99 for Saturday before MD delivery(not sure why as I ordered in plenty of time...but I let it go.) Got an email that Saturday stating the order would arrive the 11th(3 days AFTER MD)...I called immediately and was assured that the order was ON ITS WAY and would arrive that day. I called our mom that night to find out NOTHING was delivered. I stayed on the phone for an hour trying to get my refund. I finally got a refund confirmation and I wait to see if this refund appears on my CC...HORRIBLE EXPERIENCE! Soooo frustrating!

kathleenh40
5/9/16

This is the first review I have ever been motivated enough to write- I was so disappointed in the terrible service of what I thought was a top notch company. I wish I read the reviews before hand!! - after the first order not going through I finally made a second choice and paid the ridiculous added shipping fee for deliver to be on Mothers Day and it never arrived! Then I called customer service : 45 minutes of being told 3 different stories and them basically not caring that I had a bad experience- they were willing to just let me go unhappy since all they would do was refund the shipping cost and deliver the berries 4 days late I FINALLY got though to a supervisor who was the first one to care and did reimburse me a bit more. Such a huge disappointment since the company had endorsements from some businesses I respected. Boy was I wrong!

Tip for consumers: Do Not trust this company if delivery day matters!

emilyp46
5/9/16

I would give 0 stars if I could, this place ruined my Mothers Day present. I ordered a dozen chocolate covered strawberries to be delivered two days before Mothers day, and Im thankful I did. The box came two hours later than the broad time slot they told me it would be delivered, and when it came I was excited to look and make sure everything looked good. When I opened the box, there was the small dipped pretzels that came with the order which each one was broken in half or worse. I started to get nervous at that point, and as I opened the strawberry box I knew I had good reason to be afraid. Every single strawberry, all twelve, either was completely broken, jumbled to where it was out of place, or, for a couple of mine, out of place with all of the chocolate fallen off. They were very ugly, wet even though I unpacked them right away, and even the pretzels were broken. I am thankful I got to them to check before just giving them to my mom. I would not recommend this place to anyone for quality products. As a bonus, the pretzels were not crunchy at all, they had a gross chewy aspect that was noticed immediately by family and friends that tried them.

kellyf34
5/9/16

I ordered a gift to be sent almost a week ahead of time and deliver on 5/7 (day before Mother's day) It STILL hasn't been delivered! I would NEVER recommend or use this place again!!! They are a total Rip-off!
I didnt even want to pick a star for rating but they make you!!!!!
0 STARS

melindal14
5/9/16

well...since Mother's Day was just yesterday and my sister had ordered and shipped some of your chocolate covered strawberries to my mom...she brought them out on Sunday for us to see and try...and they also had a smell. I also thought at first they smelled like alcohol infused berries. My mom sliced one up so we could taste it. I should have taken a picture of the one she cut up....because to me the berry inside looked like an OLD overripe berry......one sitting around too long before being used for anything. It even had a slight grayish tint. So that would explain the smell and the alcohol scent....it was like it had FERMENTED. The covering of chocolate was also nasty. NO where near chocolate and the texture was awful. I felt bad because my mom cut one up and gave it to 4 of us to taste...3 of the 4 of us had to spit it out it was so bad. The other one ate her tiny slice I think so as not to hurt my mom's feelings. Personally, I am just hoping my mom does not get SICK from eating the rest as I am sure she will. She would not want to throw away a present from anyone if she can keep from it. I think you need to do some research on this and find out what happened as I honestly believe someone along the way decided to go ahead and use a batch of BAD BERRIES....probably figuring no one would notice or complain. Not a way to do business. You will always get caught in the end. Your reputation will be ruined very quickly. All I can say is my sister must NOT have researched your company very well as all I have seen so far are COMPLAINTS and very few actual compliments on your product. I would never have ordered from you to begin with (as she also said your shipping was outrageous..basically the price of the berries). I will be sure to let anyone I know to never order from you and the reasons why. If you want to say in business you really need to get this straightened out and do right.

Shari's Berries- We're so very sorry Melinda. This certainly doesn't meet our standards. We will make it up to you. Please email your order information to our Resolution Team at: socialcs@sm.berries.com and they will get back to you today with a resolution. Thank you. Sandy

No. It was my sister who ordered the berries for our mother. Personally, I would hope you would see the NUMEROUS complaints here...so many you must need to hire a full-time staff to deal with them. I would hope a company would think it better to resolve the problem FROM WITHIN and make things right to begin with, instead of having to go back and spend all this time and money with each customer to try to rectify things. I don't want our mom to have any more of your berries. I also hope she does not get sick from continuing to eat the ones she got as I know she probably will. I would have thrown them away. My sister has been sick so has not been told yet about this issue. I have NO idea why she ordered anything from to begin with unless she has received orders from you in the past without any issue. Just from doing a small amount of research this morning I found so many complaints all over the web that I would have NEVER ordered anything from you. Complaints ranging from bad alcohol smelly berries to fake sweaty, parrafin tasting chocolate coverings to overcharging for shipping and not even the full actual delivery of the berries or always being ONE short in the boxes. Does someone decide along the way to just POP one in their mouth and keep it for themselves thinking "ah no one will notice or think it was a fluke and they won't complain"????? Of course someone would complain. I think the direction your business is heading is down. I have found complaints about the bad berries that go back even as far as THREE years ago.

chriso43
5/9/16

Paid for saturday delivery before mothers day, they didn't show up and they said they will come tuesday. 2 days after mothers day! Not willing to make it right. Do not use, they don't honor commitments or care about customer.

davidc358
5/9/16

They are run by Pro Flowers. If I knew that I would have never used them anyway. Nothing but bad experiences with pro flowers. Sharis Berries continued the dissappointment in true pro flowers fashion. My wife never got her berries. We stayed home all day as I anticipated the arrival that never came. When I called they said I would get a refund in 10 days. Thats funny. It didnt take 10 day for them to take my money. They suck. Would not recommend to anyone. Hope they go out of business. Still waiting for my refund...

trishs18
5/9/16

I tried to place my order on Thursday 5/5 in the afternoon but had to return later in the day to complete my order it the price went up from39.98 to 47.00 I was very disappointed but had to choice but to complete my order. But then the shipping went up as well then I find out that when they were delivered they were left at s mailbox and never taken to the front door. So I feel I over paid for my order to begin with then I paid way to much for delivery that was left at a mail box for the chocolate on the strawberries to melt. Very disappointed and I don't think I will place any additional orders in the future

time111
5/9/16

My package did not arrive for Mother's Day. I have not even begun the complaint process. I can't wait for that to begin. Don't waste your money.

briank83
5/8/16

Didn't deliver on Mothers Day, delivering 2 days later because "they couldn't get all the berries dipped". REALLY! Never use them.

angelicam8
5/8/16

I orederd 1dozen of full strawberries and cheese cake for mothers day I payed for then to be delivered on mothers and didn't get them till Tuesday.I even played extra for the date.

scottm159
5/8/16

I gave a bad review to shari's berries too quickly without knowing all the facts. I apologize. The berries were not mushy as I had reported. The presentation was not pristine due to some delivery mishandling but acceptable. The packaging was very well done. Well done Shari. Carry on.

freds95
5/8/16

The appearance of the product when first opened was disappointing ( stray nuts around the box, just basically sloppy) but the berries themselves were INCREDIBLE. They were ordered just before Mother's Day, were on time, and delicious. $50 total to have a dozen delivered the NEXT day wasn't unreasonable in my opinion. Hopefully you guys get the quality product my wife and I received.

mial10
5/8/16

We ordered two days before mothers day and it got here on mothers day in a box with an ice pack. Everything we ordered was in the box, fresh, and cold. They even included a coupon! A dozen berries, four cookies, a custom made card, AND shipping and handling (which costed 30 dollars) only costed 80 dollars! I love this place and would definitely order online from them again. 100 out of 10. 5 Stars. 100%!

Tip for consumers: Add in the code "cartoon" to get a discount.

efr234
5/8/16

Ordered strawberries and cheesecake for Mother's Day. I knew that Sunday would be busy, so I asked for it to be delivered on the Thursday prior. Guess what? Today is Mother's Day and nothing has been delivered! Not only that - Customer Services won't answer the phone.

heatherp43
5/8/16

My husband ordered a dozen chocolate covered strawberries and cheesecake as well. The poor guy has been waiting all day for them to arrive for me and then at 4:59 he gets an e-mail saying that they weren't sent out for delivery. What a disappointment! This is no way to do business. We should have read the reviews. $87.00 later and they want to send us a $10 gift card....Bull$&@!..... Just refund our money so we can use it on a more trusted company.... We will never again order from them!!!

michaelm419
5/8/16

I order from Shari's Berries in plenty of time for the order to get there before Mother's Day. I also paid the extra to guarantee delivery and still not delivery. So now my mother may get her Mother's Day gift late if ever.

budg16

Didn't receive

laurenp31
5/8/16

I ordered these flowers and supposedly delicious chocolate covered strawberries 15 days before Mother's Day, paid to have them delivered on the Friday before Mother's Day to my moms work, paid for guaranteed delivery and paid for morning delivery guarantee. I called Friday to check on the order and the lady told me they were not scheduled to be delivered until Sunday that there was an issue with their shipper, FedEx. After several minutes on the phone expressing my frustration she guaranteed me they would be delivered Sunday, Mother's Day. She took me through a very long process to redo the order and correct shipping address but when I called today Mother's Day, to my dismay the flowers and strawberries were not set to be delivered until Tuesday. I was so very disappointed with this company, for a company who advertises so much and guarantees satisfaction I could not have been more disappointed with this company. My mother will now not receive flowers and strawberries from this place for Mother's Day nor will I ever do business with this company again!

mayas16
5/8/16

DON'T ORDER FROM THEM....PAID OVER $140 FOR MY ORDER, GOT CHARGED SHIPPING FOR EACH DAY AND MY ORDER STILL HAS NOT ARRIVED...THEY'RE SUPPOSED TO ARRIVE 4 DAYS LATE!...& CUSTOMER SERVICE DOESN'T CARE!

tracys91
5/8/16

Ummmm....don't false advertise. If your site says your guaranteed delivery on Mothers Day then that should be the case. Monday doesn't cut it. WTH!!! Who does that. I shouldve stuck with edible arrangements. They are perfect everytime. Im in the process of cancelling my order and getting my money back. How did my 40 $ order turn into 80$ 40$ of which was the shipping fee. Oh and did i mention a rush fee added at the end with no mention of it until you click to confirm. BAD BAD customer service and unreliable company.

bettym37
5/8/16

So excited when I saw my package from Shari's Berries!! Then when I opened the insulated box WOW mold small and all the chicolate was broken, ice pack warm and cardboard wet. Nothing to salvage. Called number on box for customer service after waiting 10 minutes. No real results. Called again after waiting a while customer service finally said, we can replace the order and for more money ship quicker. Not paying more money. Answer was ok, order will arrive May 10. Well Happy Mothers Day to me. Went on FB had another friend experience same service. Will NEVER order from SHERI'S BERRIES again. It was through Pro Flowers, Amazon, delivery Fed Express. Whole thing worst ever!

elieb17
5/8/16

Big scam on all counts, deceptive advertising, poor service and no delivery.

williamk88
5/8/16

Hard to believe! Placed order one week in advance of "Mother's Day" for delivery on, guess what, "Mother's Day" Paid extra for Saturday delivery. NO DELIVERY! called them at 7;30AM on Mother's Day and found that they had their "Mother's Day" package still NOT DELIVERED. No help at all. Told me I could get my $$$ back in 7 to ten days. NEVER will do business again

Tip for consumers: don't use this company

mariac143
5/7/16

Poor services 00000 star order to mothers day delivery recive confirmation, never recieve the delivery i call to customer services the person talk me reschedule delvery to next Tuesday incredble

erinb48
5/7/16

Not only is the customer service horrible, but the whole company is a scam! I never received my berries and they didnt seem to care.DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!

jazzm11
5/7/16

So I saw a commercial that said I could get strawberries and flowers for mother day for 19.99 so I went there they couldn't even deliver it till after Mother's Day . So I order flowers and truffles the truffles are super tiny the flowers looked nothing like they had them shown online the petals And leaves were falling off I was supposed to get a card with the flowers didn't get it oh speaking of the price it was like 30 some and I even had a coupon which brought it down to that then shipping and you had to pay for the vase my total was 85 dollars for not good flowers and tiny truffles that aren't even half a bite never ordering from them .

jesss45
5/7/16

Ordered the gourmet fancy strawberries for an early mothers day surprise. Strawberries did arrive but looked nothing like the pictures on website. They were very messy looking and you couldn't even tell they were strawberries. I have ordered many arrangements from EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS that were perfect. I thought I would try something new. BIG MISTAKE. Never again will I purchase anything from shari's berries. If you ever want to order anything nice to send to someone special then stick to EDIBLE ARRANGEMENTS!!

mv38
5/7/16

Highly disappointed! We ordered a Mother's Day gift and it never showed up to my mother in laws home and when we called they stared orders were full for the weekend and they couldn't do anything about it! Awful customer service! Do NOT recommend ever buying Sharis Berries!

mikec221
5/7/16

My 4 year old and I ordered berries for his mother and they did not show up so I called customer service. The non English speaking customer service lady said they would ship one asap (which was 5 days later). They refused to give me any kind of a discount or refund. But they kept repeating that I would not be charged for the second order like they were giving me some kind of break.

nancym120
5/7/16

I ordered an organic fruit basket for Mother's Day. It should have had my card and a pink Mother's Day ribbon which were both additional charges. The 69 $99 item turned out to be $95 when they added 1799 for delivery and 499 extra for Saturday. The extra delivery costs were NO WHERE in the final tally once I hit SUBMIT on order! I didn't see until it hit my bank account. I will NEVER order from them again!

andym99
5/7/16

One of the worst experiences I've had. Perfect example of a company that makes it's money off first times buyers.

Triple charged me for shipping for mothers day -
$16.99 - standard shipping
$4.99 - rush delivery fee
$14.99 - mothers day fee

If you try to cancel your order, they will wait to respond to you, AFTER it has shipped, just to tell you it's too late!

Learn from my mistake! Order else where!

nancyp83
5/6/16

i received barries onmay 6th from my daughter, she is on the road i will not telll her they were bad.but i am telling you so you will watch what you send..
the way it sounds is if you make a complant it doesn't matter.

glennat1
5/6/16

The strawberries were almost over ripe Tasted funny at the stems. the chocolate is very poor quality would not buy again.

torians1
5/6/16

I live in GA and my mother lives in FL. I rarely get to see her. She rarely gets to see her grandkids. After seeing the Sari's Berries commercials on TV, I figured this would be a great way to say Happy Mothers Day from her grandchildren. Maybe I should have read all of the bad reviews before I placed 2 orders. I was told it would arrive on Thursday or Friday. When I called their customer service after 6pm, they told me they didnt recognize the address. BUT not once did anyone from Shari's Berries call me to verify the address. Apparently they just didnt care. Then they said "We attempted to deliver at 2:06pm, but no one was there by that name." Again, no one ever called me or my mother (listed as a person to call in the event of a problem). They just didnt deliver. Let me inform you that this is a place of business. A clinic. A pediatric clinic. Me, as her son, knows everyone in her office and every one in her office know me and knew I was surprising her. So IF they attempted to deliver, there are tons of people in the office that know her and me and know that I was sending her something. Shari's Berries had me on hold for 43 minutes of the one hour long call. All they could say was "We're sorry, we wish there was something we can do." Even after I voiced my anger about how I rarely see my mother and this was the perfect way from me and my children to say "Happy Mothers Day", all they offered me was a refund. Then to add insult to injury, they say "we can attempt to redeliver on next Wednesday (3 days after Mothers Day). This was a huge was of excitement, money and time. I am officially never doing business with Shari's Berries again. The last thing I will say is "Hey Shari's Berries... thanks for ruining a very special day for my mother from her grandchildren."

6 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Shari's Berries staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question