US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

mde3

Now i don't know what has happened.....it is full of fake profiles...you send 50 messages and nobody replies ??? (in 3 reviews)

alistairh1

I used badoo's premium (paid) services, via my credit card, once to access certain features. (in 3 reviews)

benw6

without paying, I doubt a guy will meet many women. (in 15 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

debrab55
2/10/16

LADIES ACROSS SA & ESPECIALLY C.T. BEWARE of a man MICHAEL MACDONAL JANTJIES who uses different names on various dating sites such as Badoo. He has profiles wirh the name MILTO, MIKE, MICHAEL MACDONALD. He has so far told all his victims he worked 30 yrs for SAPS, is a private investigator, has 2 daughters who are doctors & they have given their blessing for his relationship with you. He is a devout christian and family is important. He is not married, hadnt had sex for 8yrs. He speaks many languages. He is legally married, constantly would speak to "Eddy" which is his common law wife & partner in crime Cheryl Ann Damons. He has no harley bike, bmw or house in blouberg strand or seapoint. He lives with Chery at 24 Bloekom St, Forest Heights Eerste River. Within a matter of days he will get money from you, either to save his house in blouberg strand or until his SAPS pension pays out. The closest he got to SAPS is his constant arrest for fraud, housebreaking, theft and rape. Should you fall into his trap and go to the police, thats when you will meet Cheryl. Ladies DO NOT BE INTIMIDATED BY HER. If you local SAPS wont take your case, or she intimidate you, DO NOT GIVE UP. PLEASE CONTACT LANSDOWNE STATION COMMANDER and join all his victims in ensuring that justice be served.

anam84
2/8/16

Have been on the site for about a month and everyone who contacts me is a widower with very young children but their profile says they're single and they live alone. When asked, they say the children either stay with the nanny or a relative because as it turns out, they're overseas working.  They are very vague as to the city they reside in, won't give you specifics about it. After talking for a week, I was to meet a man on a Saturday and on Friday he contacted me to say a contract was accepted (this one was an engineer who specialized in residential buildings and small bridges), he would travel on Saturday to Italy and could not meet me. I suggested we meet that day. He said he couldn't because he had to pack and leave early Saturday.   He continued to contact me from Italy, went to Milan. Said he needed a translator and was very busy. I so happen to have a friend who brides in Milan, he refused to meet my friend. Also said he had lost a suitcase where he had put his wallet containing cash.  He wanted me to send €2,600 Euros. When I wouldn't, in the alternative, he wanted my personal bank information because his Banker, would wire me money because he had no access to his accounts there. I refused and he promised and re promised we would be together, blah, blah, blah, I told him I don't give my personal info out. He never contacted me again. By, the way, he sent pictures of the construction site with a bunch of people and "fake him" in it.  I cropped it and pasted onto Google and it popped up as scammer. Second man, also a widower, said he was local but was on Christmas vacation in South Africa with his daughter ‎after a week of chats, he said a maid "did away" with his money and wanted me to send money to pay for his hotel stay for 2 weeks and also 2 plane fare tickets back to the states (I suggested he go to the business partner he claimed paid for his vacation). Third man, a doctor on mission with USAID on a ship near Solomon Islands, about to retire needed to pay $820 to exit the ship... because he had no access to his funds on the ship. He sent me a fake retirement letter listing hundreds of thousands of dollars he would receive upon retiring, the letter was full of typos and not signed. I guess he must still he stuck on the ship. Hahaha. Last week a man who was supposed to return to my area today said he was being accused of stealing $6,000 he claimed, he had given the secretary and his company did not want to let him come home. I told him to call the US Embassy because they're there to help, noooo!!! You guessed it, he wanted ME to send the money. All these men were promising to upon their return to the States. It's almost funny. I do not recommend this site. Within a month 4 people tried to get money from me. All of them could not send a fresh picture of them doing a specific sign. I reported them and they seem to be gone (I don't see them, don't know if if they blocked me), but no matter how I tell them I will not send money, have listed it in my profile, they think they have good stories but they're wrong. I will not send a penny, no matter how sad they think their story is. Badoo, you need to do a better job verifying these people!

peterd97
1/18/16

Took my Money for credits I could use for so called premium features. I paid on Google play store. When the credits didn't appear they said we'll let you know when you can use them. Finally after an angry complaint they said " our review shows you used them already". This is horrible business. A cold calculated theft of money. Please don't use them. It's a waste of time. You'll wonder also why so many of the women look like models. All within miles of me. Right.

briainp
1/11/16

Site completely horrible. Is very rare that will be anyone you would even want to talk to anyway. Was very bored around holidays and tried. Half people on there were scammers from Guana or somewhere similar posing as someone cute to try to rob you and other half were definitely not attractive barely even human. Had about 2 mini conversations and was bored. They charged CC every 3-4 days for 2 months no approval. Theives will rob you to death.

fabianm17
1/6/16

Rejoin me

hazelw7
1/3/16

Got involved in a relationship with a man I met on badoo. He put he was 25 who wants kids "someday" After doing some investigations I found out he was actually 35 , divorced with 3 kids that he doesn't talk to. Badoo is full of liars and scum. Its a joke. He's still on there so watch out.

kellys138
12/31/15

I been on this site for awhile now and I never get anyone msg me also I never get anyone from my area it really sucks

tarekn
12/29/15

I swear by God I was charged 39.90 omani riyals twice (79.80 omr ) first for monthly subscription, and second for credit superpower. Each time I payed 10 times more,(1 omani Riyal equal 2.6 usd).it's a Mafia ,so be aware and don't give them any money!!!

lilyb14
12/27/15

They gather the ugliest men around, and the most fake profiles in a website. But the funniest part is that everybody live in Manhattan and that is impossible.

jamiem71
12/24/15

How is it that your site is full of scam artist? Cant you add some verification control method to ensure these people are weeded out?

shandia
12/24/15

I wonder why this site is so popular. You won't find quality profiles like on Mingle2day

sams232
12/21/15

I was asked out, and on the evening he messaged me to say he had arrived at the venue. I couldn't see him anywhere! I sent three messages asking where was he in the venue and he never replied.
I was left standing alone stood up and feeling very angry!
I received no support from badoo to have this person removed! What a bloody joke!

tedo7
12/13/15

Fake profiles. Everyone aeems to be 17 miles from me.

josefinaa
12/11/15

Please be careful with the military some Nigerian black guy wants your money they used the pictures of the military they good to play you

johnd451
11/21/15

I've been on it for about a month, I'm 57 AND have been matched over 300 times, I have contacted everyone of them, mostly 25 to 35 year olds, whose profile pics look as if they were all models. Almost everyone of them were unable to confirm that they were the same person as was in the profile pictures. I asked either for a video chat with audio or a selfie of them holding a piece of paper with today's date. Guess what! All but 2 could provide what I had asked, and the reason why? Well either their phone and/or webcam were both on the blink. First off there are very few women in this age group that would ever consider a man old enough to be their daddy, not unless he is very rich and famous. Secondly it is easy to discern a fraudulent profile, here's a few pointers, if they state in the profile that they are seeking and older man, then stay away. If the written description doesn't match the profile pics ( for instance the picture shows someone with blonde hair, blue eyes, but the description says black hair, green eyes, then stay away. If their actual location is not the same as the one listed on the profile , then stay away. If they have only a couple pictures, then stay away. If they have no score, stay away. If they only have a couple friends on facebook then stay away. If they say they are studyingor working abroad, in Africa, stay away. A couple anecdotes before I finish, one lady wanted to call me to prove she was the same person in the profile, so I humored them, only it was obviously a dude trying to sound like a female, well I burst out laughing and he got mad and cussed me out in a male voice. At another time I asked the suspected fraud for a selfie giving a peace sign, and sure enough she sent it, only she was really a he wearing a wig, and definitely not the women in the profile. By now I consider myself an expert at identifying a fake profile and enjoy exposing them. I'm not sure there are any real people on this site.

swaylah
11/12/15

I meet my sons dad on here as I ment to say sperm doner and turns out he lied about everything his age his career found out he was living with his mom on fix income he didn't have a job his own place he was a cheater he talked to multiple woman's online when a situation happened to me in the hospital the day I gave birth to my son it went from bad to worse he ruined my life I'm constantly back and forth in the court because he doesn't Wonna grow up and be A father its very sad and im in the middle of getting full Custody because I feel like my son isn't safe with him and I feel like he has a lot of growing up to do Iam tired of the drama the Arguments black peoples are nothing but all about drama when you have a child with them you Constantly find your self stressed out and putting the law Imbarassing the situation its very sad ladies be very who your talking to online because its never a safe thing and you don't know what can happen

grahaml16
11/11/15

Don't know if I agree that it's full of pervs, but then again, I'm not a woman, ha ha. I guess it's allright, but if you really want to get into this stuff, get a real niche application.

ericod
11/10/15

This site is fake...

lakelyml
11/9/15

Plays women by wooing them by being charming, and then after a month or two asks for $350 with some sob story. Save yourselves from this horrific person. Phone number shows up as "DALLAS" when calling.

dianeb67
11/6/15

This site is full of perverts and con men. I was only on for 38 hours and it was like a feeding frenzy. Plus, they refuse to take NO for an answer. I had to delete the whole application.

jessib2
11/5/15

Omg met my wonderful boyfriend on here when only signed up coz there was a rumour that someone supiour to me was on it so I was doing some detective work never found him but I found my soul mate

mde3
11/3/15

I will be very honest....I am an old user of Badoo...I started using it about 5 years ago. It was very nice....and i met many women...in fact the love of my life and my future wife is from badoo. Now i don't know what has happened.....it is full of fake profiles...you send 50 messages and nobody replies ??? messages aren't even read. And also after you verify your number and connect to google or facebook...you should have 10 contacts / day. You have them in the first day , after that you are switched back to 5 contacts / day...And of course if you want more....you have to PAY !!

So , I don't recommend badoo...i think it is scam now....and I am sorry to say this since in the past was one of the best....

oneo1
11/1/15

Also known as exsoldier. Lived in Sheffield now brighton area. Hes a player. Trusted him it was all a lie. He prays on nice women who want a relationship. I confronted him he got violent since heard Im not the 1st he's got a past for violence. Just please be careful he's not the person you think he is he will say a vandetta is against him. If so check domestic disclosure! !!

rochelleb1
10/26/15

I have blocked and reported LOTS of guys who sexually harassed me and nothing was EVER done to them. Then one guy asks me if I want to see a picture of his thing, I said no and he sent it anyway so I told him to "f'ing respect my wishes" so I get permanently banned. Yeah those morons are ban happy when you're a female trying to meet a genuily NICE guy but then guys do and say allllll they want without EVER getting banned. The people running Badoo should be shut down and forbid to ever be in charge again because they clearly don't know how to run something. I'm a member on sooooo many sites where I never have issues, I never get into trouble. I was with this fail site for OVER 13 years and got banned from ONE slip after being treated like crap by some arrogant douchbag. Hell some of the people on there message women offering money in exchange for sex and nothing gets done. This site NEEDS to be shut down.

danr56
10/24/15

tarar13
10/23/15

Badoo has Sex Offenders on their site. This company is not interested in trying to keep their site safe.

msn4
10/21/15

Be careful I was never signed up on this site in OZ, to my horror im a director of a consortium group of companies so utmost professionalism! I suffered the horrifying consequence of my photos? from my Facebook account name? my age? everything stolen duplicated into and publicised for public consumption of an impostered profile created by an anonymous A'hole?! Who posed as me! It was only referred to me by work colleagues who jokingly stated what happened to my marriage? and I had quite some sexy pics on Dating site BADOO.COM. perplexed? Mortified as i was newly happily married so frantically my colleagues goggle linked to this fake profile of mine created and there it was! every pic dirty chats this person had with these perves all documented and public my heart sank this destroys marriages careers and let alone my character? These sites are dangerous no real I.d verification system to police stolen identity and fake profiles?! I contacted Badoo.com 2 months ago aint heard anything, but received first email please sign into my profile account and delete it? Ummm I did not create account so therefore I have no username? details? Email password blah blah blah! The nerve?! Have not received answers or any resolution to this be warned! Dating sites or any other sites once your pics info on web they can be used for evil fake $#*!! & ruin you!

johns1017
10/14/15

Yes, you can find a real person on this site. If you REAL lucky, I mean. And the management doesn't seem to do much to prevent this. I even wonder whether the site is is a scam by itself.

ses22
10/12/15

Be careful with this guy . Takes his time and moves slowly on women. On lots of women. Fake profile . Do not attempt to meet him .

misterxs
10/11/15

As the title says - do you want to pay a lot of money to talk to some fake profiles? Then join badoo. The chances to meet a real person are like 1%. The chances to meet a real nice person is like 0.1%. So if you have too much money and gambling, drinking or throwing money out of the window is not an option, join badoo and start spending money here.

aj296
10/8/15

Ryan Evans 28 from Wales travels around the world.Aggressive,abusive and out for all he can get out of people.Not to be trusted.Never be alone with him.

lindaa55
10/4/15

I was on Badoo for about a year, posted my real photos and real information. Got hit on over 20,000 times. Only one person I met on the site was real. I got into a relationship with a guy who claimed to be from England. He romanced me for over a year. Tried to persuade me to come over to England...at my expense. A week before I was to leave, he asked me to send him $5000 pounds sterling...I refused. I still went to England and on a Mediterranean Cruise but without the lying scammer.

gajendrar
9/25/15

Well not to great but u can still chat for free with members who aren't very new on the site.rest u need to purchase credits to speak to the new ones.not too many girls online though and mostly u will also find profiles of people who never came online .looks like more of pulling data from ur Facebook and showing in nearby fields

yvetteb8
9/21/15

I was on the site for two weeks I purchased the 200 credits to put my picture among the top in my area for 1.99 on a Monday. On Saturday morning my account was charged 31.99 for premium super powers. I never authorized this payment. I called my bank to protest it and was given a fake phone number to dispute the charges. 207-099-9939

kevs3
9/17/15

Signed up to Badoo on Tuesday 15th September 2015, received a message from PEPPER, aged 39 and hailing from Galashiels Scotland, now upon following Badoo's "messaging advice" I replied with a tongue-in-cheek, NOT CRUDE NOR OFFENSIVE message, upon which I had my account BLOCKED, YES BLOCKED, why this site hasn't been subjected to an investigation is beyond my limited understanding, AVOID AVOID AVOID.

juliet103
9/13/15

Don't you think it would be better and safe to have all profiles verified! There so so many fake ones you can tell by the pictures. All the ones in greater London are not in this country? You put in the area and people come up who live miles away! But yes be careful, lot of meant after money, a lot of them say they live in the UK WHEN THEYRE ACTUALLY AMERICAN! If you have kick and go on your maps, if the kik location isn't in the UK it will show like the one I was chatting to - told me he was in Croydon turns out he was in waterloo- Canada

vijayp7
9/1/15

I was ust about to write a comment

davidm307
8/31/15

I cannot believe how many BS people and profiles are here. Badoo is AWFUL! It should be shut down. It's a vehicle for scammers and fake profiles. I am such an idiot for believing there might be someone here I would like to meet. So far, about 10 people think I'm incredible handsome yet there are in Ghana. Really? Who the $#*! lives in Ghana and South Africa people? I don't think so!!

lisar97
8/25/15

Be careful. I have only used this site a week and have so many men dating they love me and want a relationship. Yea right not happening. They are supposed to be educated men but they can't speak good English. Don't give out any personal information. I have a stalker now.

susang69
7/31/15

This site is full of scammers. Be carefull. First three guys were trying to get money from me .one said he was in the army. Caution

davidb311
7/25/15

Lots of bogus American profiles that foreign scammers use to try and take your money. Just ask questions about city they are in and watch the excuses pore in.

larissab1
7/17/15

This site is full of ghetto men where most of them have nothing going for themselves, are unattractive, and like to prey off women who actually have something going for themselves. I've known two black guys on the site who have two or more children by different women who are just looking to trap & knock women up then leave. I realized and got away from all that in time.

susieq2
7/7/15

A guy called Danny Dimitrio stole pictures of my FB after being very insulting. He then found information on my FB & threatened to throw acid in my face. Badoo wouldn't do anything about it. So had to call police. Very dangerous site.

whateverw
7/1/15

Badoo is a $#*! site for those maniac.
and you have to be polite for those who show their nude picture.
When you feel offended and you shouldn't fight back.

You have to be very polite to people who show u his d*ck and ask you for a se*x dates
so u won't get block by badoo.

Addio Badoo

Tip for consumers: Be polite to people who show u his d*ck.
Be polite who ask you for se*x.

Or else Badoo will banned you for being rude.

alistairh1
5/14/15

I am a South African Expat in Taiwan. I used badoo's premium (paid) services, via my credit card, once to access certain features. At no time did I authorise repeat payments. But badoo is stealing my money, for two years running now. I have deactivated my account, I no longer have a badoo account, but to my shock I have just been debited again to the tune of NT$1,250. That is daylight robbery! There is now nothing I can do except take legal action against badoo and that will be very difficult and expensive, and they no doubt know it so they can just carry on stealing my money every year! When I deactivated my account, I gave the reason, 'I don't want to pay'. This is amazing, unbelievable...

Tip for consumers: Just don't ever give badoo.com your credit card details... you'll keep on paying long after you deactivate your account. Thieves.

voyeurc
5/10/15

It's full of fakes, and it demands that i give them my phone number in order to enter their site

joanc30
5/7/15

I met my dream man on badoo and we are both very happy together and he has proposed marriage to me and i said Yes.We are very happy couple,we want to travel around the world,visit many place and to Asia who he came from.I am very lucky to happy this lovely gentle man,very perfect for me despite the big age gap.I love him so much and loves me too,

Tip for consumers: I am very luck to finally have my man after many years on Badoo and meeting many men who just used me for sex.I did not give up but continue to give men a chance until I met him and we are getting married soon.NEVER GIVE UP.

nesrac
4/19/15

You must put 3 pictures of your face. No problem, except that pictures can be votted by men too. So, if you want to see your rating you must rate 40 or so other persons(man, women). OK, after a while you get used to low ratings because you will receive at least 50% votes from men (always 1 - of course on scale 1-10). Then there is a second rating in a circle where every man in a circle is between 5-6. THEN you have third ratings from moderators!!! (from 1-5) which dare to give you 1 on every picture - I asked them about that and they told me that it is because the pictures where bad in a technical sense. OK, in the meantime i spent 200$ in best studios with famous photographs. I passed with 10!!! different pictures on BeautifulPeople without problem(just for test, this is any use of that shallow site). And STILL - no better than 2 stars or 1 star. My friends which are litlle more "beautiful" than me for very bad photographs has been given 5 stars. But, they never manage to pass on BP.com. So woman moderator discriminate people based on their preferences and take all self - esteem from ones which doesn't fit to their criteria. I sent them email about that - they were lying to me - they DO NOT rate technical ascpect of pictures but beauty instead. This is discrimination from owners or their employees and if I have money I will sue them for that. Woman on Badoo are extremly ugly - I have to preview 300 pictures to find anything above 3. Same for man, I had had many contacts BUT with all this woman something is not right mentally - you can feel it or they told me something to lead me to that conclusion.

marcol15
4/15/15

It's FREE! Does not BLOCK conversations AFTER they start.

Profile info is very limited.

There are too many "dead" users (imported from facebook).

That said, you can find real people, but beware, that real people have REAL PROBLEMS, so, you may find more than you bargain for!

thomasm92
3/1/15

I didn't know what to expect when I first started using Badoo, so I just didn't expect anything, I went with the flow.

Flicking through, yes I would get some obvious fake profiles, but doesn't mean I have to speak to them, there is a great thing called the 'block' button. I spoke to people who were clearly real and had something decent to say, this gave me someone to talk to almost every time I would visit Badoo.
One day, on my random visit, I was zoned to my computer screen and spent several hours talking to a guy, we would keep up to date on a daily basis, have general chats about how our days have been, work, college etc and we exchanged numbers, texted and again, all at the same time I was still going with the flow.
To put a voice with the face, I rang him and had the best and un expected conversation, this really pushed the boat out, and out daily chats continued.
Still going with the flow, we met... we got a hotel, chatted in real life, had dinner and had a real connection from there.
What really surprised me was the radius on Badoo, set at up to 5miles, I was in London and he was in Reading, a bit more than 5 miles? YES.
We continued to meet, I visited his home town, met his lovely family and everything was going great.
I am now living in Reading, spending and enjoying every day with the guy I met through this 'bad online place' called BADOO.
I could fault Badoo, but there is more good than bad, and it all depends how you look at it.

I am still going with the flow, but with the man I enjoy spending time with and the man I adore.

(Just depends what angle you look at it from)

18 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Badoo staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question