US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

bonnier13

I give great customer service, and I send out orders within a day of receiving payment. (in 17 reviews)

shadowdogdesignsw

I am a seller on ArtFire and also have bought many, many items from sellers there. (in 33 reviews)

silverw1

Great site to order from, with many great creative handmade artists! (in 34 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

robertl129
5/28/15

I placed an order for an iPhone case, my first ArtFire purchase. They gave me a tracking number for Indonesia Post and I have no confirmation of shipping in 3 days. Sent email to the seller in the UK, no response.

debbiet14
5/12/15

My recent purchase from DaRosa on ArtFire was a complete disappointment
the cabinet knobs I received were absolute junk…cheap trinkets glued to a threaded base

willh34
4/20/15

I have a store on Etsy (wonderful) does really well and fantastic customer service. I have a similar store on ArtFire and after over 300 apparent listing views not a sale so far!.....I have failed many times to get the google analytic code to work (to verify listing views) I have now decided to close my ArtFire store. I read so many wonderful good things about about being a seller on ArtFire, but I firmly believe now that they have created successfully a site that is over hyped to catch small fish just like me.

Tip for consumers: Think very hard about the time and investment for a zero return.

ss127
3/17/15

Sellers: Avoid! Don't use sites that charge a monthly or yearly flat fee.

tarimk
3/16/15

I ordered a Sailor Neptune necklace for my best friends birthday from ANIMECOUTURE. It has been a week now and I have been emailing both the company and ANIMECOUTURE jewelry and no response. They STOLE my money. THIS COMPANY NEEDS TO BURN, REPORT THE SITE AND SHUT IT DOWN, just look at all the reviews beneath me! I'm so glad I payed with PayPal! $20 down the drain. I'm livid!

ericc70
2/17/15

Ordered earrings and never received them nor response to fraud complaint. Company does not care about their reputation or it's customers. Wasted money time...beware!!!

hollyl8
2/16/15

I was impressed with what I had read about AF and thought that I would take a chance in selling my jewelry. AF stated that they would not be able to respond to any questions UNTIL i was a paying seller. Sounded fair enough - MY plan was $12.95 mo. t took 3 months to set up my shop ( worked 40 hrs a week ) In any event , around month 3 I was stuck so decided to send an email -- I receievd an immediate reply advising that t a customer service rep would get back to me w/in 48 hrs . Sounded reasonable to me . Well guess what ? NEVER heard one word back from them . By this time I had invested SO much time and money - I will spare you the detail . I stayed w/ them 7 months -never made one sale - never receievd one comment - Ironically I would easily sell my pieces right off of my body SIMPLE !---- It would be easy for me to blame AF but I have to say I only have myself to blame - Should have EXITED 48 hrs after no reply from customer service. They promised to reply and they did not . Shame on you AF for not having the decency to honor your word to your sellers. A few other red flags but I think its best that I keep them private . Thanks ARTFIRE for a NIGHTMARE experience.

Tip for consumers: RUN fast and far away

rainaht
2/6/15

Sorry for the crappy review I left last time. I thought my 30 dollar package would come. It didn't. This site is a rip off jerk butt horrible website. Never buy from them.

veronican3
1/8/15

This website is bull$#*!. Do not trust it or give your card information. I ordered a case and I never received no email to inform me when I will get it. Also whoever THE $#*! runs this $#*! took out $200 $#*!ing dollars. $#*! this website, its a scam.

artf11
1/7/15

I paid $20 dollars for monthly fee in order to sell on Artfire.After two days,my account had been cloesed.I sent many email to Artfire,no response.I have no choice to file the complain with BBB.Firstly,your response is very general,you did not indicate which policy I violate.You provided the websites with thousands of pages which customer can not read them forever.You did not provide the answer.Secondly,your advertisement is misleading customers.Your advertisement did not clearly state that monthly subscription fee will not be refunded if Artfire close sellers's account.Only state as 14 days trial,and money back guarantee.Thirdly,other sellers are still selling as exact same item as I do on Artfire.That means sellers selling same items,some of them will violate the policy,some will not,all depends on Artfire's decision.
Finally,Artfire will not give any warning to sellers regarding for violation.They can charge sellers' monthly fee and suddenly close the accounts,because of very general reason of violation of policy.
The business model of Artfire seems to lure customer to subscribe the monthly plan,and suddenly close your account and tell you the violation of policy without refund and keep charging credit card.
I spent hours and hours in order to get $20 dollars back.The reason is very simple.The $20 is belonging to me.I get charged without getting the service from Artfire.I want to share the experience with others in order to become as same the victim as me.

Please follow facebook artfirescam

Tip for consumers: stay away,they will keep charging your credit card

steves137
12/22/14

this seller requested payment by money order only . (no paypal or credit card ). i ordered almost 4 weeks ago & have not received my order or any email telling me that it even got shipped . i left many emails at all the contacts on the site of purchase & have had no response to any of them . artfire , paradise & a hotmail address. i can only assume it must be a scam .

Tip for consumers: stay away from money order only purchases . a later internet check of the address to mail it to shows a totally different persons name living there .

sandraj18
12/9/14

I am an artisan and have an Etsy store and a store on Storenvy.com. I wanted to expand my sales so I created an account on Artfire.com.
After trying to setup my store for about an hour and being frustrated with the site I finally gave up. I was able to create an account, write a bio and upload a photo to use as my profile pic but wasn't able to do anything else. I read the FAQ page and tried to figure out why I am not able to list my products.
The website claims that it is free for sellers to sell their products but I don't believe this is true. I am not saying 100% that this is not so because I may have overlooked something on the site that isn't allowing me to list my items for sale. I DO know that I am pretty good at navigating around on sites like Artfire.com and as I stated, I have an Etsy.com store. Etsy is not free to use and it clearly states that when you create an account to sell.
Artfire.com appears to not be free as well and I have yet to find a "contact us" feature on the site. There is a forum and I did post my concerns there.
I don't want to give Artfire.com a negative review because I haven't been able to use it yet. I am just saying that I don't believe it is absolutely free to use.

Tip for consumers: Check the forums to find out if this site is free to use for sellers.

fumik1
11/23/14

DO NOT TRUST THIS SHOP!!! I bought 3 handpainted clay whistle necklaces for my child. They never came, I did not receive any reply for the emails I have sent, and the money was never returned.

andrewb100
11/20/14

Not impressed with this'American Company' Been a month since I placed an order. Took my money fast, but no product to show for my money. What's up with this? I thought American meant good old U.S. of A! Not China. This is ridiculous!
I would not, could not, should not, and will not EVER order through these people ever again. Totally unsatisfied, and unhappy with the 'Service' from this company

Tip for consumers: Don't do it...scam! The star rating for this site doesn't go low enough. They don't even rate a 1/4 star

beadz
11/18/14

Artfire.com promoted a 14 day free trial so I registered and they immediately charged my card 98.00. I immediately requested my money back and they refused.
Very deceiving practices by this company!

bonnier13
11/18/14

I sell at Artfire and have been satisfied with their service. I've never had any problems getting questions answered and have been amazed that a real live person has answered the phone when I've call with questions regarding my site set-up. I think that most people's bad experiences listed here have been the fault of the individual vendors, and not with Artfire itself. I give great customer service, and I send out orders within a day of receiving payment. I answer questions promptly, send tracking numbers when items are shipped, and communicate with customers whenever needed. Their price cannot be beat for an online shop. I have over 600 sales, and not one bad review. I have 67 ratings, all 5 stars, on my site, so there are many happy Artfire customers.

peggyu1
11/11/14

I purchased a Vintage Blue Ball Mason Canning Jar Soap Dispenser on Artfire (countrybarn 2011) on October 7, 2014. I waited and waited for some type of email showing that my order was being mailed. I finally sent them an email asking about my order and never received a response. I just received an email on 11/10/14 telling me my item was being mailed. I no long want this item and after reading the Better Business Bureau complaints and the complaints on this site I am stuck with the item. Artfire has the same response on all of the BBB complaints. I will not do business with them again.

Tip for consumers: Check out all the complaints before buying anything from this site.

stefaniex
11/7/14

It's always disappointing to hear when a customer has a bad experience with an online seller. However, ArtFire is not directly responsible for those issues and supports over 10,000 vendors from around the world. One critic misstated the cost of using ArtFire as a web host, citing they charge up to $60.00. This is not true. ArtFire has charged $12.95 per month and will be raising their fee to $20.00, but this is absolutely in line with other web hosts. Plus, ArtFire never charges their sellers a listing fee or commission, which is common with other web hosts. The site changes were implemented October 28, 2014 and, as with any upgrade, there have been some glitches. But ArtFire management has been very responsive to its sellers in dealing with all issues. I posted a problem I was having with my site (very new, RandomStreet.ArtFire.com) and received a reply and a fix less than 24 hours later. Some folks are just not happy with the new look. That is a subjective evaluation which anyone is entitled to make. Keep in mind that the changes made were, in part, to accommodate the appearance of sellers' shops on multiple platforms, a change which is necessary and welcomed.

While I personally am in only the handmade section of ArtFire, there are many wonderful sellers on this site. I certainly hope people reading bad reviews on SiteJabber will keep in mind that one terrible experience with one seller reflects only on that seller, and not everyone else.

Tip for consumers: Always check an ArtFire seller to make sure they have checked in every day and take a look at their ratings to ensure you have a good experience.

jr94
10/19/14

Agree with recent review by d.j. The site changes are horrible. Nobody knows what the catalog is, search is broken and not worth anything, and site owners not responsive to overwhelming concerns from sellers. To top it off, aside from the billing changes (they adore sneakily changing someone with an annual membership to a higher monthly or quarterly billing on the sly), they now want to raise the rates to an astronomical and ridiculous new level. They want $60 a month for a commercial shop? Are you kidding? You can have a really professional store (which ArtFire is most decidedly NOT) on a cloud-based commercial ecommerce server for that much. We, and many others are leaving. Goodbye, ArtFire. Can't fix stupid.

dj296
10/5/14

Has to be the worst site to sell on ever. New changes gave the site a whole new ugly look. Impossible to find anything, shops look terrible. Customer service for sellers in none! Ceo is rude, forums are the worst ever. This is the one place to sell on that makes ebay and etsy look like heaven. Owner ignores anything sellers say, does whatever he wants and does not care one bit for the sellers at all. No traffic no sales, and the worst site ever, If i could leave a 0 I would

Tip for consumers: Dont sell there

darcyv
8/20/14

My story is simple and terrible. I place an order, my money was taken, and I received an email confirmation. Then more than 3 weeks past and I emailed 1 of the 2 emails provided in my confirmation email, asking for a status on my order. The response I received: NOTHING! Then, over a month (~ 5 weeks) after my order, I emailed the other email address provided in my confirmation email and my response was: "This seller, EpicEvent, is no longer an active seller on ArtFire. To recoup your monies, please contact your banking institution and initiate a dispute...." It is apparent that they were perfectly okay with taking my money and leaving me without receiving my order and not telling me! And, frankly, I think it is ridiculous that they will not refund my money. A reliable company wouldn't make their clients to go to their bank for refunds. And, to make matters worse, the items I ordered were for my son's birthday (also obvious to the seller that it was a birthday order) and after 5 weeks of waiting, I have very little time to find replacements. I will never order from this company again! It was my first and last experience.

Tip for consumers: Be wary....you may not receive what you ordered! Don't expect notification if your order can't be shipped and definitely don't expect a refund!

karenb81
8/20/14

I am a seller on ArtFire. I have ordered several gift items from other sellers on ArtFire which have been excellent experiences and products. Only one did I find to be really slow in shipping, but I did place an additional order a few months later with that seller and the shipping that time was excellent and fast. I love ArtFire. It's a great place. I would say if someone had a bad experience with customer service of ArtFire itself likely didn't use the proper channels to contact or be persistent. I understand ArtFire is a small business with well over 10,000 shop owners. With that many folks, do you think you're so special that you can't wait your turn for a response? The forums are filled with other sellers who offer genuine great advice to mentor newbies. ArtFire has posted a ton of information to help with shop setup. It's right there in the help center to read. Or, you can ask for help in the forums. Sellers on ArtFire are the most generous with help I've seen. Business itself is hard to survive and not for the faint of heart. It is very disappointing that some folks had bad experiences with some sellers on ArtFire. Let's face it, there are cheaters the world over, on every street and in every ally; not just on ArtFire. It's not ArtFire; its the shop owner who rents his/her space from ArtFire!

graceg18
8/18/14

I think that ArtFire is great and I have never had a single problem there. I have purchased many times from different sellers without issue. Will shop there again and again.

Tip for consumers: Look at the reviews and star rating of the seller that you are purchasing from to see how they operate.

kenc23
8/13/14

Sad, Sad, I am a seller and I will be closing my account. Unable to contact any one at customer service, I dislike their listing format. I sell on eTsy with great results and also on eBay, It looked like a nice selling venue when I joined but I am not impressed with the total lack of customer service for the seller.

davidl135
7/27/14

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANTFIRE! This company is a fraud and scam! I ordered a pair of headphone from this company. I was suspicious about the price. I was advertised less then half the cost of what they normality go for. I figured maybe it was a closeout sale that I stumbled on. I paid and waited, and waited and waited…over a month Emailed them and they said USPS lost in the mail. They told me they sent out another pair. Then I waited and waited again…nothing? The tracking reports indicated that it was still around but never got delivered. They told me they they were crediting my money back and if the headphone show up I can just keep them. Then I waited for the credit…nothing. Then suddenly the headphone showed up. This is where it really gets suspicious. The return address was from ISRAEL. They were the right brand but not the right model or color. The worse part is they had been clearly used and the packing was all beat up. It was missing a bunch of stuff. I contacted them and they refused to issue me a refund without me sending the item back to them first. Then I contacted Paypal the check of the email address for the original transaction. Them email address was connected to a company in HONDURAS. Don't buy from the company!!

gyanr
7/20/14

BUYER BEWARE! You could be scammed as I was. After you are defrauded, the store does not take responsibility. You have go to your payment provider to recoup your monies. I was fortune I used PAYPAL for the purchase

sueh29
7/17/14

I would advise people NOT to use Artfire. I just ordered some knobs from a girl in Canada. Got the first two ok but never got an email or acknowledgment of my order. I bought two more (made error the first time and needed two additional). Anyway over two weeks now and no word from her. There's no recourse on Artfire. They do not back their sellers like Pay Pal does (with disputes, or even allow feedback until the order is received). In addition, how the hell to find costumer service? I had to find someone else who found it because I can't see it. DO NOT USE ARTFIRE, you can lose your money easily!

lindaw55
7/10/14

Product arrived in good condition...I ordered clip on earrings. I did not like the quality or size of the product in person. They will not allow a return. I will not wear these, so I have wasted my money. Will never order from them again.

johnh233
6/18/14

I ordered a swimsuit online with JaydensWHolesaleExtreme on artfire.com. When I emailed to ask about sizes a woman named Lori emailed right back. I thought that I would receive a confirmation email however I have yet to hear from anyone regarding my order since then. It has now been 24 days since I have ordered with no word on when or if I will even get my order. Artfire.com is the worst and noone should buy from it

annc29
6/16/14

DO NOT BUY FROM ARTFIRE!
They did not send product. After 4 attempts to get my $231 refund I had to open a paypal case. Good thing I paid using paypal. After 6 months I got my money back.
But by no help to him.
If you do use this site make sure you use paypal so if something like this happens you have a chance to get your money back.

jd73
5/21/14

DO NOT BUY FROM JOE SANTOS!
He did not send product. After 3 attempts to get my $175 refund I had to open a paypal case. Good thing I paid using paypal. After 2 months I got my money back.
But by no help to him.

rolandoc11
5/13/14

Shopping is good, excellent price and good products. Shipping takes a while. Other than that, PERFECT!!!!

chippyh
5/1/14

I spent a year trying to get this site to show promise. I had high hopes it would be good. I sell about 4000 items per year on etsy. I sold only 7 items on artfire. The service is awful. The site has numerous clitches. SELLER BEWARE. The site is a rippoff.

annr14
5/1/14

Purchased an item, received it, it wasn't what I wanted so I sent it back. It's been 2 months and the seller will not return my emails or give me a refund.DO NOT waste your time and money. The amount of scams I've read about on this site is unbelievable. I wont be seeing my money any time soon.

davew50
4/12/14

We ordered an iPod Nano, only to reread and find out that it is only a "Nano Style" cheep knock off. Don't be tricked!

lakeishah1
3/24/14

I just started a store with them and I decided to close my account they have a 30 day money back no problem go on a lot of sites they tell you they wont give you your money back or if they refund your money they still charge your account and they claim they have LIVE CUSTOMER service but they dont you click on the pro member customer service and it leads to nothing I haven't received a email call back or my money back which they claim it takes 24 hours to get a refund nope I even read some people had to cancel there credit card and the allow people to use your business name under your site you created with them. Don't USE!

silverw1
3/21/14

Great site to order from, with many great creative handmade artists!
I love buying my gifts there! I can always find unique handmade gifts..
Its like any site buyers should do their research, check seller reviews and if sellers are checking in regularly with their store, which the site clearly shows.... so you CAN tell. I have had only great very personal service there:)

Also it is easier to find true handmade things on Artfire these days, I used to do most of my shopping on a bigger site which I will not not name...but it seems to be harder now to find true handmade artists with so much cheap imported junk...claiming to be handmade but from huge manufacturers.
So YES I love shopping on Artfire!

5 stars for sure!

shadowdogdesignsw
3/21/14

I am a seller on ArtFire and also have bought many, many items from sellers there. GREAT customer service, both as a buyer and a seller. It's too bad so many people knock a site overall when they run across a bad seller, which can be found on any site, Etsy, Zibbett, etc. Most sellers I know (on any site) are very professional in running their shops and will bend over backwards to provide the customer what they want - and then go a bit beyond that. I love selling on ArtFire and doing business there . . . and will continue.

johannal2
3/11/14

I bought am item (dress form) from their site. I returned it because it was wrong one and never received refund from their seller and they would not back me up on my claim. They said they had nothing to do with what their sellers did!!!! Ive been trying since December to get my $67+ back, 15 emails to both art & fire & seller "renicence jewels". DO NOT DEAL with this company!

carold14
1/14/14

Some woman named Marlene Miller kept asking me for sizes. There were NO size options on what I ordered.

She e-mailed me back that I was rude, cancelled my order (good) and told me never to order from them again.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

meredithk
1/13/14

Ordered a leather messenger bag for school from the seller "Genuine Products.com" through Artfire.com. My credit card was charged. While waiting for my item to arrive, I tried to access my order through the sellers website and they completely fell off the face of the earth. Absolutely no way to get a hold of them. Emailed Artfire to inquire and did not get a response. Now I am over $100 in the hole and still have no bag. Very upsetting. If anyone has any contact info for this seller, I have a baseball bat with their name on it. What a scam.

minniel8
1/10/14

Ordered items from this site and the seller never replied to messages and never sent items. Artfire does not offer customer support either. In the process of disputing charges on my cc. Stay far, far away!

deniseg14
1/8/14

I would leave a zero if I could. Horrible customer service...it took two weeks for response. ...they charged my card and never shipped item...All they could do was to tell me sorry and they cancelled the seller. ..so I received nothing except a charge on my card.....stay away

abeb15
1/8/14

they charged my paypal account and never shipped the item and contacting them didn't get any response , stay away

angeliquer
12/15/13

I think some clarification is needed: Artfire consists of many individually owned shops, with their own ratings, reviews, policies, etc. Just like shopping on Etsy or Amazon

olgav4
12/13/13

I love Artfire! I have bought from this site almost ever since they opened and never had a problem. I also have a store there. I had a store on etsy, til for no reason at all I was kicked out. I never posted anything derogatory on the web or their forums. I tried to log into etsy one day and poof! My etsy store was gone, my user id didn't work and neither did my password. I'll stick with Artfire. There are good sellers and bad sellers. Artfire should not be judged by the few bad apples.

karenjol
12/12/13

I ordered a handmade rosary prayer beads for $113.00 from a dealer/seller. It was to be a very special gift, something that could become a family heirloom. When I inquired several times, I had several excuses (1 was has they were picking out a beautiful box to put it in) Finally, no more replies. I turned to Art Fire customer service for any suggestions that I could do, any recourse -- nothing... Please DO NOT SELL OR BUY FROM THIS SITE. DON'T TAKE THE CHANCE!

marmarb1
12/12/13

I have two shops on ArtFire, and I love it there. The customer service provided by the AF staff can't be beat. They clearly understand that without their sellers, they have no business, so they cater to our needs better than any other venue I sell on, including Etsy. The tools they provide for us (the sellers) are plentiful, and I find the site to be easy to navigate and work on. The forums are full of helpful information, and helpful sellers who enjoy helping newbies (and confused oldies) with their shops.

I also shop on AF a lot, and have never been disappointed with a product or the way I was treated by a seller. I've purchased supplies, handmade bags, scarves, bath and body products, crocheted gloves, fine art, jewelry, wood work, and countless other items. It's not very often that I can't find exactly what I'm looking for on ArtFire when it comes to something unique and handmade.

For people to blame ArtFire when they get burned by a specific seller isn't really fair. ArtFire has nothing to do with that, but they will try to contact sellers when there's a problem, and if the problems persist, they close the shop. They don't want our shoppers to be ripped off! There isn't anything they can really do if something like this happens because ArtFire doesn't have the money, the seller does. That's why it's very important to file a dispute with PayPal or your credit card company within the 45 day window when there's a problem, whether it happens on ArtFire, Etsy, Zibbet, eBay, or anywhere else.

specialkk
10/21/13

Ordered a pair of earrings from Art Fire, wore them once, they broke (not my fault), wrote to them, they didn't respond for awhile, then they said send them back, I did (AND paid for the return postage), never heard from them again even after a gazillion emails, wrote them AGAIN, asked for a refund or a replacement pair of my choice, felt they were flaky and sort of scammy from their very first email communication (apologizing for not getting back to me saying they were so busy they had over 600 orders .... yeah right). Sooooo should have checked this site before buying from the cuz I see others have had the same experience. I have had such good luck with online purchasing, up until now 100% of my purchases have been wonderful, very accommodating sellers, friendly, communicative and willing to preserve their relationship with their customers. Not so with Art Fire. Stay away.

lannea
10/17/13

I love searching the craft sites. Artfire is one of the better ones! Always looking for the unique, vintage items and they have them. Good job Artfire. I do wish though that the Listing for Sellers was EASIER! But, keep up the good work anyway~!

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ArtFire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it matter who the seller is? I ordered a bag through Artfire from the store Bagnabit. That was on July 23 and the store said it ships within 2 days. It is now August 6th, I have no bag, and no response to e-mails. Not looking good but I will let you know what happens...
8/6/13
Answer
nanas2
A: I ordered an item the 14thof June. I get email replies back everytime from the seller. Is artfire always a scam?
7/7/13
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the ArtFire staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?

ArtFire?