US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

terrih1

The customer service to sellers who list there is truly excellent--thorough and timely with problems solved quickly. (in 16 reviews)

graceg18

I have purchased many times from different sellers without issue. (in 30 reviews)

alexp9

I would definitely characterize this as an etsy alternative, in terms of selling. (in 17 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

sandraj18
12/9/14

I am an artisan and have an Etsy store and a store on Storenvy.com. I wanted to expand my sales so I created an account on Artfire.com.
After trying to setup my store for about an hour and being frustrated with the site I finally gave up. I was able to create an account, write a bio and upload a photo to use as my profile pic but wasn't able to do anything else. I read the FAQ page and tried to figure out why I am not able to list my products.
The website claims that it is free for sellers to sell their products but I don't believe this is true. I am not saying 100% that this is not so because I may have overlooked something on the site that isn't allowing me to list my items for sale. I DO know that I am pretty good at navigating around on sites like Artfire.com and as I stated, I have an Etsy.com store. Etsy is not free to use and it clearly states that when you create an account to sell.
Artfire.com appears to not be free as well and I have yet to find a "contact us" feature on the site. There is a forum and I did post my concerns there.
I don't want to give Artfire.com a negative review because I haven't been able to use it yet. I am just saying that I don't believe it is absolutely free to use.

Tip for consumers: Check the forums to find out if this site is free to use for sellers.

fumik1
11/23/14

DO NOT TRUST THIS SHOP!!! I bought 3 handpainted clay whistle necklaces for my child. They never came, I did not receive any reply for the emails I have sent, and the money was never returned.

andrewb100
11/20/14

Not impressed with this'American Company' Been a month since I placed an order. Took my money fast, but no product to show for my money. What's up with this? I thought American meant good old U.S. of A! Not China. This is ridiculous!
I would not, could not, should not, and will not EVER order through these people ever again. Totally unsatisfied, and unhappy with the 'Service' from this company

Tip for consumers: Don't do it...scam! The star rating for this site doesn't go low enough. They don't even rate a 1/4 star

beadz
11/18/14

Artfire.com promoted a 14 day free trial so I registered and they immediately charged my card 98.00. I immediately requested my money back and they refused.
Very deceiving practices by this company!

bonnier13
11/18/14

I sell at Artfire and have been satisfied with their service. I've never had any problems getting questions answered and have been amazed that a real live person has answered the phone when I've call with questions regarding my site set-up. I think that most people's bad experiences listed here have been the fault of the individual vendors, and not with Artfire itself. I give great customer service, and I send out orders within a day of receiving payment. I answer questions promptly, send tracking numbers when items are shipped, and communicate with customers whenever needed. Their price cannot be beat for an online shop. I have over 600 sales, and not one bad review. I have 67 ratings, all 5 stars, on my site, so there are many happy Artfire customers.

peggyu1
11/11/14

I purchased a Vintage Blue Ball Mason Canning Jar Soap Dispenser on Artfire (countrybarn 2011) on October 7, 2014. I waited and waited for some type of email showing that my order was being mailed. I finally sent them an email asking about my order and never received a response. I just received an email on 11/10/14 telling me my item was being mailed. I no long want this item and after reading the Better Business Bureau complaints and the complaints on this site I am stuck with the item. Artfire has the same response on all of the BBB complaints. I will not do business with them again.

Tip for consumers: Check out all the complaints before buying anything from this site.

stefaniex
11/7/14

It's always disappointing to hear when a customer has a bad experience with an online seller. However, ArtFire is not directly responsible for those issues and supports over 10,000 vendors from around the world. One critic misstated the cost of using ArtFire as a web host, citing they charge up to $60.00. This is not true. ArtFire has charged $12.95 per month and will be raising their fee to $20.00, but this is absolutely in line with other web hosts. Plus, ArtFire never charges their sellers a listing fee or commission, which is common with other web hosts. The site changes were implemented October 28, 2014 and, as with any upgrade, there have been some glitches. But ArtFire management has been very responsive to its sellers in dealing with all issues. I posted a problem I was having with my site (very new, RandomStreet.ArtFire.com) and received a reply and a fix less than 24 hours later. Some folks are just not happy with the new look. That is a subjective evaluation which anyone is entitled to make. Keep in mind that the changes made were, in part, to accommodate the appearance of sellers' shops on multiple platforms, a change which is necessary and welcomed.

While I personally am in only the handmade section of ArtFire, there are many wonderful sellers on this site. I certainly hope people reading bad reviews on SiteJabber will keep in mind that one terrible experience with one seller reflects only on that seller, and not everyone else.

Tip for consumers: Always check an ArtFire seller to make sure they have checked in every day and take a look at their ratings to ensure you have a good experience.

jr94
10/19/14

Agree with recent review by d.j. The site changes are horrible. Nobody knows what the catalog is, search is broken and not worth anything, and site owners not responsive to overwhelming concerns from sellers. To top it off, aside from the billing changes (they adore sneakily changing someone with an annual membership to a higher monthly or quarterly billing on the sly), they now want to raise the rates to an astronomical and ridiculous new level. They want $60 a month for a commercial shop? Are you kidding? You can have a really professional store (which ArtFire is most decidedly NOT) on a cloud-based commercial ecommerce server for that much. We, and many others are leaving. Goodbye, ArtFire. Can't fix stupid.

dj296
10/5/14

Has to be the worst site to sell on ever. New changes gave the site a whole new ugly look. Impossible to find anything, shops look terrible. Customer service for sellers in none! Ceo is rude, forums are the worst ever. This is the one place to sell on that makes ebay and etsy look like heaven. Owner ignores anything sellers say, does whatever he wants and does not care one bit for the sellers at all. No traffic no sales, and the worst site ever, If i could leave a 0 I would

Tip for consumers: Dont sell there

darcyv
8/20/14

My story is simple and terrible. I place an order, my money was taken, and I received an email confirmation. Then more than 3 weeks past and I emailed 1 of the 2 emails provided in my confirmation email, asking for a status on my order. The response I received: NOTHING! Then, over a month (~ 5 weeks) after my order, I emailed the other email address provided in my confirmation email and my response was: "This seller, EpicEvent, is no longer an active seller on ArtFire. To recoup your monies, please contact your banking institution and initiate a dispute...." It is apparent that they were perfectly okay with taking my money and leaving me without receiving my order and not telling me! And, frankly, I think it is ridiculous that they will not refund my money. A reliable company wouldn't make their clients to go to their bank for refunds. And, to make matters worse, the items I ordered were for my son's birthday (also obvious to the seller that it was a birthday order) and after 5 weeks of waiting, I have very little time to find replacements. I will never order from this company again! It was my first and last experience.

Tip for consumers: Be wary....you may not receive what you ordered! Don't expect notification if your order can't be shipped and definitely don't expect a refund!

karenb81
8/20/14

I am a seller on ArtFire. I have ordered several gift items from other sellers on ArtFire which have been excellent experiences and products. Only one did I find to be really slow in shipping, but I did place an additional order a few months later with that seller and the shipping that time was excellent and fast. I love ArtFire. It's a great place. I would say if someone had a bad experience with customer service of ArtFire itself likely didn't use the proper channels to contact or be persistent. I understand ArtFire is a small business with well over 10,000 shop owners. With that many folks, do you think you're so special that you can't wait your turn for a response? The forums are filled with other sellers who offer genuine great advice to mentor newbies. ArtFire has posted a ton of information to help with shop setup. It's right there in the help center to read. Or, you can ask for help in the forums. Sellers on ArtFire are the most generous with help I've seen. Business itself is hard to survive and not for the faint of heart. It is very disappointing that some folks had bad experiences with some sellers on ArtFire. Let's face it, there are cheaters the world over, on every street and in every ally; not just on ArtFire. It's not ArtFire; its the shop owner who rents his/her space from ArtFire!

graceg18
8/18/14

I think that ArtFire is great and I have never had a single problem there. I have purchased many times from different sellers without issue. Will shop there again and again.

Tip for consumers: Look at the reviews and star rating of the seller that you are purchasing from to see how they operate.

kenc23
8/13/14

Sad, Sad, I am a seller and I will be closing my account. Unable to contact any one at customer service, I dislike their listing format. I sell on eTsy with great results and also on eBay, It looked like a nice selling venue when I joined but I am not impressed with the total lack of customer service for the seller.

davidl135
7/27/14

DONT BUY ANYTHING FROM ANTFIRE! This company is a fraud and scam! I ordered a pair of headphone from this company. I was suspicious about the price. I was advertised less then half the cost of what they normality go for. I figured maybe it was a closeout sale that I stumbled on. I paid and waited, and waited and waited…over a month Emailed them and they said USPS lost in the mail. They told me they sent out another pair. Then I waited and waited again…nothing? The tracking reports indicated that it was still around but never got delivered. They told me they they were crediting my money back and if the headphone show up I can just keep them. Then I waited for the credit…nothing. Then suddenly the headphone showed up. This is where it really gets suspicious. The return address was from ISRAEL. They were the right brand but not the right model or color. The worse part is they had been clearly used and the packing was all beat up. It was missing a bunch of stuff. I contacted them and they refused to issue me a refund without me sending the item back to them first. Then I contacted Paypal the check of the email address for the original transaction. Them email address was connected to a company in HONDURAS. Don't buy from the company!!

gyanr
7/20/14

BUYER BEWARE! You could be scammed as I was. After you are defrauded, the store does not take responsibility. You have go to your payment provider to recoup your monies. I was fortune I used PAYPAL for the purchase

sueh29
7/17/14

I would advise people NOT to use Artfire. I just ordered some knobs from a girl in Canada. Got the first two ok but never got an email or acknowledgment of my order. I bought two more (made error the first time and needed two additional). Anyway over two weeks now and no word from her. There's no recourse on Artfire. They do not back their sellers like Pay Pal does (with disputes, or even allow feedback until the order is received). In addition, how the hell to find costumer service? I had to find someone else who found it because I can't see it. DO NOT USE ARTFIRE, you can lose your money easily!

lindaw55
7/10/14

Product arrived in good condition...I ordered clip on earrings. I did not like the quality or size of the product in person. They will not allow a return. I will not wear these, so I have wasted my money. Will never order from them again.

johnh233
6/18/14

I ordered a swimsuit online with JaydensWHolesaleExtreme on artfire.com. When I emailed to ask about sizes a woman named Lori emailed right back. I thought that I would receive a confirmation email however I have yet to hear from anyone regarding my order since then. It has now been 24 days since I have ordered with no word on when or if I will even get my order. Artfire.com is the worst and noone should buy from it

annc29
6/16/14

DO NOT BUY FROM ARTFIRE!
They did not send product. After 4 attempts to get my $231 refund I had to open a paypal case. Good thing I paid using paypal. After 6 months I got my money back.
But by no help to him.
If you do use this site make sure you use paypal so if something like this happens you have a chance to get your money back.

jd73
5/21/14

DO NOT BUY FROM JOE SANTOS!
He did not send product. After 3 attempts to get my $175 refund I had to open a paypal case. Good thing I paid using paypal. After 2 months I got my money back.
But by no help to him.

rolandoc11
5/13/14

Shopping is good, excellent price and good products. Shipping takes a while. Other than that, PERFECT!!!!

chippyh
5/1/14

I spent a year trying to get this site to show promise. I had high hopes it would be good. I sell about 4000 items per year on etsy. I sold only 7 items on artfire. The service is awful. The site has numerous clitches. SELLER BEWARE. The site is a rippoff.

annr14
5/1/14

Purchased an item, received it, it wasn't what I wanted so I sent it back. It's been 2 months and the seller will not return my emails or give me a refund.DO NOT waste your time and money. The amount of scams I've read about on this site is unbelievable. I wont be seeing my money any time soon.

davew50
4/12/14

We ordered an iPod Nano, only to reread and find out that it is only a "Nano Style" cheep knock off. Don't be tricked!

lakeishah1
3/24/14

I just started a store with them and I decided to close my account they have a 30 day money back no problem go on a lot of sites they tell you they wont give you your money back or if they refund your money they still charge your account and they claim they have LIVE CUSTOMER service but they dont you click on the pro member customer service and it leads to nothing I haven't received a email call back or my money back which they claim it takes 24 hours to get a refund nope I even read some people had to cancel there credit card and the allow people to use your business name under your site you created with them. Don't USE!

silverw1
3/21/14

Great site to order from, with many great creative handmade artists!
I love buying my gifts there! I can always find unique handmade gifts..
Its like any site buyers should do their research, check seller reviews and if sellers are checking in regularly with their store, which the site clearly shows.... so you CAN tell. I have had only great very personal service there:)

Also it is easier to find true handmade things on Artfire these days, I used to do most of my shopping on a bigger site which I will not not name...but it seems to be harder now to find true handmade artists with so much cheap imported junk...claiming to be handmade but from huge manufacturers.
So YES I love shopping on Artfire!

5 stars for sure!

shadowdogdesignsw
3/21/14

I am a seller on ArtFire and also have bought many, many items from sellers there. GREAT customer service, both as a buyer and a seller. It's too bad so many people knock a site overall when they run across a bad seller, which can be found on any site, Etsy, Zibbett, etc. Most sellers I know (on any site) are very professional in running their shops and will bend over backwards to provide the customer what they want - and then go a bit beyond that. I love selling on ArtFire and doing business there . . . and will continue.

johannal2
3/11/14

I bought am item (dress form) from their site. I returned it because it was wrong one and never received refund from their seller and they would not back me up on my claim. They said they had nothing to do with what their sellers did!!!! Ive been trying since December to get my $67+ back, 15 emails to both art & fire & seller "renicence jewels". DO NOT DEAL with this company!

carold14
1/14/14

Some woman named Marlene Miller kept asking me for sizes. There were NO size options on what I ordered.

She e-mailed me back that I was rude, cancelled my order (good) and told me never to order from them again.

STAY AWAY FROM THIS COMPANY!

meredithk
1/13/14

Ordered a leather messenger bag for school from the seller "Genuine Products.com" through Artfire.com. My credit card was charged. While waiting for my item to arrive, I tried to access my order through the sellers website and they completely fell off the face of the earth. Absolutely no way to get a hold of them. Emailed Artfire to inquire and did not get a response. Now I am over $100 in the hole and still have no bag. Very upsetting. If anyone has any contact info for this seller, I have a baseball bat with their name on it. What a scam.

minniel8
1/10/14

Ordered items from this site and the seller never replied to messages and never sent items. Artfire does not offer customer support either. In the process of disputing charges on my cc. Stay far, far away!

deniseg14
1/8/14

I would leave a zero if I could. Horrible customer service...it took two weeks for response. ...they charged my card and never shipped item...All they could do was to tell me sorry and they cancelled the seller. ..so I received nothing except a charge on my card.....stay away

abeb15
1/8/14

they charged my paypal account and never shipped the item and contacting them didn't get any response , stay away

angeliquer
12/15/13

I love shopping on Artfire. There is always something cool and unique that I can't get elsewhere.
Never had any problems with any orders, either. Painting every seller with the same brush is the same as equating all online shopping experiences. Silliness.

olgav4
12/13/13

I love Artfire! I have bought from this site almost ever since they opened and never had a problem. I also have a store there. I had a store on etsy, til for no reason at all I was kicked out. I never posted anything derogatory on the web or their forums. I tried to log into etsy one day and poof! My etsy store was gone, my user id didn't work and neither did my password. I'll stick with Artfire. There are good sellers and bad sellers. Artfire should not be judged by the few bad apples.

karenjol
12/12/13

I ordered a handmade rosary prayer beads for $113.00 from a dealer/seller. It was to be a very special gift, something that could become a family heirloom. When I inquired several times, I had several excuses (1 was has they were picking out a beautiful box to put it in) Finally, no more replies. I turned to Art Fire customer service for any suggestions that I could do, any recourse -- nothing... Please DO NOT SELL OR BUY FROM THIS SITE. DON'T TAKE THE CHANCE!

marmarb1
12/12/13

I have two shops on ArtFire, and I love it there. The customer service provided by the AF staff can't be beat. They clearly understand that without their sellers, they have no business, so they cater to our needs better than any other venue I sell on, including Etsy. The tools they provide for us (the sellers) are plentiful, and I find the site to be easy to navigate and work on. The forums are full of helpful information, and helpful sellers who enjoy helping newbies (and confused oldies) with their shops.

I also shop on AF a lot, and have never been disappointed with a product or the way I was treated by a seller. I've purchased supplies, handmade bags, scarves, bath and body products, crocheted gloves, fine art, jewelry, wood work, and countless other items. It's not very often that I can't find exactly what I'm looking for on ArtFire when it comes to something unique and handmade.

For people to blame ArtFire when they get burned by a specific seller isn't really fair. ArtFire has nothing to do with that, but they will try to contact sellers when there's a problem, and if the problems persist, they close the shop. They don't want our shoppers to be ripped off! There isn't anything they can really do if something like this happens because ArtFire doesn't have the money, the seller does. That's why it's very important to file a dispute with PayPal or your credit card company within the 45 day window when there's a problem, whether it happens on ArtFire, Etsy, Zibbet, eBay, or anywhere else.

specialkk
Apprentice Reviewer
10/21/13

Ordered a pair of earrings from Art Fire, wore them once, they broke (not my fault), wrote to them, they didn't respond for awhile, then they said send them back, I did (AND paid for the return postage), never heard from them again even after a gazillion emails, wrote them AGAIN, asked for a refund or a replacement pair of my choice, felt they were flaky and sort of scammy from their very first email communication (apologizing for not getting back to me saying they were so busy they had over 600 orders .... yeah right). Sooooo should have checked this site before buying from the cuz I see others have had the same experience. I have had such good luck with online purchasing, up until now 100% of my purchases have been wonderful, very accommodating sellers, friendly, communicative and willing to preserve their relationship with their customers. Not so with Art Fire. Stay away.

lannea
10/17/13

I love searching the craft sites. Artfire is one of the better ones! Always looking for the unique, vintage items and they have them. Good job Artfire. I do wish though that the Listing for Sellers was EASIER! But, keep up the good work anyway~!

ptchp
10/10/13

The worst customer service ever! I'm talking about the site owners, not the sellers. I was so disgusted, I closed my shop, completely deleted all my listings, and then deleted the shop. A year later, they reopened it without telling me. I found out simply by chance when I saw Google Analytics where showing visits to a shop that was deleted.

No apology, nothing. They are incompetent.

stefaniep
10/3/13

Buyer Beware! I guess I should have done a little more research before purchasing from this site. I placed my order a month ago, have contacted the seller several times and have never received a response. I have put in a complaint with paypal and am awaiting my refund.

torim3
9/19/13

I've bought from ArtFire before and I love it! I've never had any problems from any of the sellers, I've bought different things from craft supplies to iPhone cases. Sure you need to be smart about who you buy from (just like any other site); scammers can be found everywhere online (even from the most reputable/professional sites).

It's part of our responsibility as online consumers to be weary & ask questions BEFORE buying anything. Be a smart consumer!

non40
7/26/13

So I ordered two of these "wine cups."
First off, sure they have the deminsions listed, but... very poor advertising. More like a shot glass!!! I read wine glass and think it's big enough to have a decent glass of wine in, not a shot of it.
Second, as I said I ordered two. Paid for two, have a recipt for two. Then it took over a month to get to me, and when my package arrived, only one was there! I sent multiple emails with attached immages of what was sent to me (clearly on the box said one) and what my order said (clearly bought and paid for two) and they NEVER replied, to any of them.

danic4
7/23/13

I got scammed. Please stay away from this website. Never received my item. Sent a message to the seller who told me that he had several orders gone missing and that it must have been the post office, he said he was gonna call and let me know. I have emailed him 4 times since then and have gotten no response. The website can't help me because they "don't mediate disputes between sellers and buyers" ... seems like a safe haven website for scammers.

kated7
7/23/13

We were looking for an online market for our handmade products and on the face of it Artfire looked good. Not really. There is a 15 day free trial and when I couldn't get any technical help with an issue I canceled. They acknowledged the cancellation and then proceeded to continue to charge the card I had registered with - repeatedly. My bank finally advised me to cancel the card and I did so at great inconvenience. And now artfire is bombarding my email with notices that I haven't paid and have not responded to multiple requests for a refund of the money they charged me after they acknowledged in writing that the account was closed.

paulaf2
7/12/13

Run. Run as fast as you can. I am another customer that placed an order through their site, and paid for the merchandise that I have NEVER RECEIVED.
They say they are just the "host" - nothing they can do. It appears they are "hosting" a bunch of problematic vendors. Go to Etsy - way more professional and won't give you an ulcer.

mp29
5/23/13

This is a great site if you are a scam artist seller. Sent shirts to a seller of theirs, J&T Creations, to reconstruct. Never got them, and never got a refund for the shirts I sent, but the buyer thought they were being helpful in "extending a courtesy" in refunding her fees. The seller has vintage shirts she can resell, I am out the shirt costs, and ArtFire feels this is A Okay! Might as well just gave away money. Don't visit either vender.

amym28
5/16/13

I first ordered from Artfire back in Dec. 2009 (I think!)
I ordered a crocheted hat for a 3-6mo old baby.
After several emails and 2 phone calls to Artfire, the item arrived in the mail 2 months after I ordered it. (yes, it claimed to be ready-made in the description!)

Not once did I ever blaim Artfire for the seller bad manners and laziness. Artfire actually helped me get the item!

Blaiming Artfire for a bad experience with a seller is shameful and tacky!

traceys14
Apprentice Reviewer
5/13/13

Artfire has really grown up and I have had some really pleasant buying experiences with very nice sellers. The items are actually handmade, unlike Etsy's copycats and dishonest sellers in a mass market shop. The staff is responsive and kind.

cathiem
4/12/13

I have two "stores" on Artfire and I love it. They are really great about helping with making sure all items are uploaded to Google. I have been there less then a year and when I look up my store name it comes up third with a google search. My sales are increasing and in general I am very pleased. I ship all orders out the next business day and with 2 day priority mail. I wouldn't judge the whole site by a couple of bad apples. I have a 5star customer satisfaction rating. Customer satisfaction is number one with me and there are a lot of other sellers there who feel the same. If you are looking for a place to sell your products I highly reccommened Artfire.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the ArtFire staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Does it matter who the seller is? I ordered a bag through Artfire from the store Bagnabit. That was on July 23 and the store said it ships within 2 days. It is now August 6th, I have no bag, and no response to e-mails. Not looking good but I will let you know what happens...
8/6/13
nanas2
A: I ordered an item the 14thof June. I get email replies back everytime from the seller. Is artfire always a scam?
7/7/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the ArtFire staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?