US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

jewelc2

The customer service people really are just as unethical as written in above reviews. (in 32 reviews)

lavr4

I placed an order on their website at the beginning of Jan. (in 57 reviews)

ameliaf

I was also aware they have joined forces with Tog Shop, but was unaware of the Blair connection. (in 7 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

jans99
5/2/16

SCAM ALERT: Beware of clicking on the "Free Shipping" link when purchasing clothes online from Appleseed's catalog... When I bought a lovely winter coat in November, I unknowingly signed up for "Appleseed's VIP Plus". An extra $14.97 MONTHLY charge was hidden with a discount on my order. So duplicitous!! I was charged for several months before I caught it. When I called 1-877-716-0333 to cancel, I was told only one month could be reimbursed. When I told the phone rep that this is a reprehensible practice, and that reputable companies like Lands End, Coldwater Creek, Kohl's & Famous Footwear offer free shipping without strings,the phone rep reimbursed 2 months of fees. If you buy anything from one of their 3 companies: Appleseed's, Linensource or the Tog Shop, be very careful...

marys342
4/30/16

I tried to order an item already reduced and with a promo code that should have given me a further reduction. When they added on the postage, it was almost the same price as the original reduced price.
Postage, then was 25% of the cost of the item!!
I like their products, but processing is extremely slow and P&H much too high.
I try to stay away from Appleseeds for these reasons

jens254
4/18/16

oh my goodness, I just spent over 38 minutes trying to place an order. They do not let you use two promo codes, so although I was going to spend over $300 on sweaters, they were going to charge $22 for shipping? Really? The woman who helped me just did not understand what I was saying. FINALLY, when she agreed to waive shipping and I had my 11 sweaters all ready to be ordered, she was not able to honor the 30% coupon code that worked when the sweaters were IN my shopping cart because "those coupons are just for online orders." So basically, if I order ON the phone with her, she can give me free shipping, but discount only ONE sweater, but if I order online, I can save 30% on all my sweaters, but pay $22 for shipping. WHO PAYS FOR SHIPPING THESE DAYS? ESPECIALLY WHEN A CUSTOMER IS SPENDING OVER $300??? WHAT A WASTE OF TIME!!!!!! ugh, wish I read these reviews before I even got on the phone with them.

kaylab29
3/10/16

I should've looked at the reviews for this website. I ordered a sweater from this website around oct. 15 2015 for a costume. A week later it said it atrived in the mail, i checked and it wasnt there. I emailed the company to complain abd all they did was offer me a discount off my next purchase, i got no money back on a $45 sweater. F**K this website. Then guess what came in the mail today? Its March 10 2016 and i finally got it. I dont even want it anymore, i just wanted it for my costume. This place is a waste of time and money, customer service is horrible. Dont ever shop here.

margaretm102
3/3/16

Beware of signing up for Appleseeds VIP Plus when ordering on line. It is hidden with a discount on your order followed by your credit card being charged $14.97 each month. VIP for a catalog? So disappointing... I was charged for 2 months before I caught it; I received absolutely nothing for it.

lavr4
2/17/16

I normally do not submit negative reviews. But I want to see if my experience is just my karma catching up or if it is a systemic problem with the website.
I placed an order on their website at the beginning of Jan. After the initial order confirmation, I didn't hear from them for 2 weeks (the order status showed as in progress). I finally called them and they said they placed the order 'on hold' to verify my mailing address. No calls, no emails, but they sent me a postcard which I received a few days later. A few more weeks later, I finally got the package, but it was missing 3 of 5 items I had ordered! The shipment summary however said everything was shipped. I called their customer service and the woman who answered was very abrupt and seemed not to know how to find information about my order. She got all the information on my order wrong and then suggested I wait for a few days and then call back. I was still asking for information when she hung up on me! I was so angry that I called back and this time I got a better representative who promised the missing items would be shipped to me and that they will refund and then charge again. To top it all, the quality of the items I got was not that great either. The only reason I gave a 2 is for that one guy who seemed to care.

hillaryb10
1/8/16

I placed an on line order with Tog shop before Christmas 2015. On 12/30/2015, I contacted the company to find out about delivery. The order had not even been processed. Over the course of the next week I was told by management and six other customer service people that the order would arrive on 1/8/2016 ( they offered "expedited delivery "due to previous company errors). On 1/8/2016 the order was not delivered. I contacted the company again and was told by another agent that I "must have been mistaken". the order was shipped on 1/7 and wouldn't arrive until 1/19/206. NEVER NEVER use these people--they are terrible liars. Very dishonest.

melaniec26
12/30/15

If you order from this company be prepared to be ripped off. If you call for customer service, service is not what you get. The run-around is, They won't let you cancel your order. And they will not ship on time. They will lie to you and tell you that your order has been shipped. This is not true. They will tell you that they have no visibility to see whether you have a shipping tracking number because "they are backed up". They are lying to you. This is very fraudulent behavior. This company needs to be shut down and its employees need to go to jail. Period.

Tip for consumers: Do NOT purchase from these people. They're crooks!

travlnt
10/27/15

Customer service is NON EXISTENT.
Very prompt with confirmation of order. After that you might as well be talking to a caveman. Can't tell you where your order is...if it's been processed...when it will be shipped. If you decide to cancel...can't even tell you if it's been cancelled.
You get faster and better service from Auto Zone...next year I will order my mother's 93 birthday gift from there.

eh49
10/1/15

I discovered that a jacket on sale in the catalog -in 5 colors- was on sale for $99.00. On the internet store, only 4 colors of the jackets were on sale for $109.00 and the 5th. color was not on sale but at the regular price of $124.00. I called Customer Service and was told that the only way to get catalog sale price was to mail or call in the order. And, that Appleseeds does not have uniform pricing between catalog and internet. Both venues for selling may run individual promotions. But the venues do not honor each others promotions. Customer has to find the best deal and play the game. Sounds like a new twist on "bait and switch" to me.

jenniferj57
8/18/15

I placed an order, asked for expedited shipping. I learned through Paypal the order didn't go through. I didnt understand why, the Money is there. I called and spoke to a pleasant enough man named Brandon. However he didn't know either and he said HE WOULD CALL ME BACK to let me know why. I told him I placed an order for expedited shipping since I needed items by Friday. Guess what, no call back and they lost a $30 sale. I now need to find clothes for the trip I am taking. STAY AWAY FROM THEM!! Any business who makes it that hard to spend your money with them, they aren't worth giving your money too.

patc57
8/7/15

I do most of my shopping online and this is one of my favorite places. I've bought at least 20 items from them. I had no problems whatsoever in returning the few that didn't fit. And I wasn't charged for the returns.
The only thing I don't like is the high cost of shipping them to me.

irisd3
6/8/15

My Mom is 93 years old and in a long term care facility. She is on Medicare with a very limited income. After ordering multiple items because she wasn't sure of sizing or fit she returned what was not good. She had no idea that she would be charged 9.99 for each individual item returned. If that wasn't bad enough when backordered items came that at 93 she did not even remember ordering she was again told she would have to pay that fee. Bottoms line a $19.99 tee shirt that she didn't even want now gets returned and costs her $10.00. They are a company that takes advantage of elderly people with dementia and when you call to try and explain they are rude and uncaring. Hopefully the owner of this company has an elderly parent who gets take advantage of like this. They are the most awful company i have ever dealt with who enjoys preying on poor elderly people with dementia. Shame on them! Her bill came to more than $500.00 and the return fees were at least $200.00. They shouldn't be allowed to get away with this!

carlosf17
5/1/15

The place is mediocre, overcrowded in winter. The fine print of allows them to charge you cancellation fees, and you have to give them 30 days in advance, that they also charge.
Will not come again next winter, there are many other places with straight up payment policies and more space

dees40
3/30/15

I made a large order to Appleseed women's clothing from the online store. I was disappointed at the exorbitant charge for shipping (21.99USD) and the package arrived on the 11th day. This was the last possible day for the company to comply with the 8 business day window. I complained, and received a 5USD coupon that could NOT be used online! Then, the items came and had a very odd chemical smell so I requested a free of charge return label. The customer service rep stated that there was nothing wrong with the merchandise so they could not send me a credit for the return. I do a lot of shopping online and I have never had such a bad experience. Beware of buying from Appleseed.

teresaw18
1/23/15

If you ever order from this company, you'll never be able to stop their catalogs. I've been requesting this for four months. (Same with their other catalog "The Tog Shop.")

patricek4
1/21/15

Website inventory does not match what is REALLY in stock! I ordered a coat that was available in multiple colors and sizes. I even applied for the Appleseed's credit card to get an additional 15% off! That means supplying personal information! I was approved for the credit and proceeded to use the promo code to get my discount...and it was invalid. I contacted online chat who told me to call customer service after I placed my order and they would give me the discount over the phone. To my shock, the young man on the phone said the item I ordered was not in stock and would not be reordered. So I am out of luck and I gave my personal information for nothing. Not happy. I always liked Appleseed's until now. I wasted an hour of my time for nothing!

Tip for consumers: Do not expect that what you order is really available.

maryr72
1/8/15

Ordered online because item noted as being "in stock" . After receiving zero shipping updates I called customer service to cancel order. After putting you on 25 solid minutes of an annoying recording telling you to shop their site online (hysterical) I finally got through to a sullen and sour woman who put me on hold again and informed me that SURPRISE- it's too late to cancel because "my order is already on the truck" whatever that means. What are the odds I won't see their crapo you clothes delivered for another month. Ugh prices for crapo u clothes and Zero customer service. Will arrive far too late to be presented as gift to relative as was hoped. Do not list an item as being available/in-stock and then sit on the order for weeks you ignorant people ! Nordstroms next time.

jeannem16
12/26/14

I like some of the clothing in the past. I live in Alaska and ordering onlline is impossible and frustrating. When entering the state it will not register. Once I managed to enter the state my order would not go forward, the computer keep indicating that the state needed to be entered! Also free postage code doesn't work for Alaska and not even a break is given. Other companies like LL Bean and Landsend honor us as being part of USA. I am disappointed and don't understand .

maryw17
11/14/14

I have been a customer of Appleseed's for the past 15 years. I've always have great experiences with both their customer service and quality of the clothing. That's changed, though. My Mom ordered a sweater for me for my birthday. She ordered it on Jan. 20th to be delivered by my birthday (Feb. 29). The rep. assured her it would be here on time. I got it on March 6th. The first time I put it on, I discovered the zipper had been installed backwards. I emailed customer service and asked for a prepaid label to return this defective sweater. They told me to use the label that came in the package and the fee would be deducted from the refund or exchange. I then called customer service and complained that since the merchandise was defective, I wanted a prepaid return label. They weren't in the least apologetic that the sweater was made wrong. Now that I've seen other posters comment that this company is a Blair company, it all makes sense. No wonder Appleseed's quality and cust. service has gone to s*%t. Don't shop here. You can find the very same stuff at Christopher and Banks and at least their customer service is top notch and the stores are staffed by locals.

susanj33
11/7/14

Same experience as others. Sent the wrong items and said I had to pay for returns. I also paid the shipping on other returns rather than use their label ( and get charged per item shipping fees). They charged me shipping and handling on return anyway - customer service rude and hung up on me when I tried to get shipping credit. WORST WEB BUYING EXPERIENCE EVER. ZERO STARS

jewelc2
10/29/14

I am 83 years old and have been ordering from Appleseeds for years simply because I can't find clothes that fit and that I like anywhere else. I can't go into stores and, the last time I tried, none of their clothes were classic and work for older women. ALL THE REVIEWS ABOVE ARE CORRECT. It is a terrible place to do business. Warning: Appleseeds credit card is entirely separate from Appleseeds store. We moved into an upscale retirement community a few months ago. I sent change of address to both the store and also marked it on each statement as I sent in the check. The store received change of address--the credit card (phone call in India) did not note the change. I received the bill late and was charged a late fee, though I paid it as soon as I received it, They continued not changing the address and sending the statement late. I tried every method possible to communicate with someone. No luck. The customer service people really are just as unethical as written in above reviews. They will hang up on you.
I fear they will not stay in business long and honestly don't know where I can get clothes. We ended up paying all the fees and interest though it was their error because we were afraid the fees would continue to be added. Calls from the collection agency were abusive and frequent. It was upsetting to me and my husband who is 86 years old. I am so glad most companies are not like this. One other minor point: when the items do not state what type of material it is made of, you can bet it is either linen or some other fabric that wrinkles. It is impossible to get to a supervsor at Appleseeds. I cannot understand why they don't care about their business. Perhaps there is no way for supervisors to know about the problems. One site above says they are owned by Blair.

ar5389
10/18/14

I saw one review that had 5 stars. That had to be from an owner of the company. I ordered in June, paid for shipping with the order.and got 4 packages which included most of the order. When I called asking about the remainder of order, I was told the other items were "back ordered" which I canceled. The result of the order: I returned 3 items that were sized incorrectly and they were going to charge me $9 for return postage. I did get them to forgive the return postage "as a one time courtesy". I have yet to see the refund on my credit card. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM!!!!!

deborahr12
10/13/14

They also were deducting $14.95 for their rewards program. I NEVER GOT ANY INFORMATION WHAT THIS PROGRAM WAS ABOUT.
DISPICABLE.
They don't deserve one star.

susanj11
10/7/14

I have been shopping at Appleseeds & Tog Shop for many many years and have always been pleased with the quality of the clothes and the professionalism & courtesy of the phone staff. I seldom return anything, but my returns have all been completed to my satisfaction.
I get all my basics from Appleseeds....every year.
I love the fact that all the colors are coordinated so I can put together a complete wardrobe that works together...try doing that at Macy's!
Some of the criticisms below seem to arise from not reading the specifications correctly or demanding too much from a business situation they have no control over, like the delivery companies. Mail order is not suitable for last minute emergency purchases. They do their best, but customers must be organized too.

jeannineb
7/19/14

I have purchased from Appleseed's stores, catalog, and their affiliates for many years and had issues in the past but this last one is unforgivable. As has been my practice, I returned several catalog purchases to one of the Appleseed's stores. The items were from the same order but arrived at different times, so I had several receipts. The clerk accepted the items, marked each receipt for the returned items and told me the items would go out "when the bin is full." When I was finally credited for the returns, the credit amount was less than the value of the returned items. When I called for an explanation, I was told that there were 3 mailing charges, each $9.99. Had I known there would be a charge, I would have placed all the items in one bag and mailed them for a total of $9.99 but I was never told about a mailing charge. No amount of explanation about how I returned the items, never having used a mailing label, changed the situation. The charges remain.

stellac1
3/10/14

Almost everything bad you read and then some. Ditto to all the problems. What I find particularly astonishing is that Fedex let's them use their name. Called Fedex to try and track my way overdue package only to find out it will end up in my local post office which doesn't deliver to homes and is closed on Saturdays. No way they can possibly stick to the advertised delivery times. Also, when I contacted customer service about the daily changing discounts being applied to orders not yet rec'd they never responded. It's true, they just don't care. STAY AWAY!!!!!

stephens61
3/8/14

This is a horrible company. They scammed my 90 year old mother into joining some discount plan that costs $14.95 per month. Then with the cooperation of their credit bank (Comenity) they billed and started adding high late charges on top of the $14.95. I have called three times and my mother has called once. They continue to call us looking for their money that they will never get after I cancelled everything 4 months ago.
Please do not give them your business.

reneea5
2/8/14

I ordered $350 worth of jackets from Appleseeds online. I saw the day after I received the jackets in the mail that each of the jackets had been further discounted online by around $20 each. Appleseeds refused to make a price adjustment. More than that, customer service staff were blunt and uncaring in their response to my request.

teev1
1/23/14

Totally inept company. Ordered a full red matelasse coverlet in Nov. for $29 (I'm a highly-experienced online shopper and know how to select the item I want). Received the matelasse dust ruffle instead. Called Customer Service and she was very nice but said the coverlet was now out-of-stock. I returned the dust ruffle and after quite some time, got my refund. Fast-forward to Jan. when I see the coverlet is available again (for $39 this time). I still want it, but am leery of getting the wrong item again so I 1) Chat online to a rep and 2) Call Customer Service before placing the order to ensure that if I click on that item that I will receive the right thing this time. They both assure me that I will...that the item number displayed matched the coverlet, even though it is the same item number as the dust ruffle I received back in Nov. (they tell me now that one was mislabeled). Guess what? I receive the item and it's the dust ruffle again! Grrrrrrr....I call Customer Service and ask them what the heck is the issue. They try to blame me, saying I clicked the wrong item. No way, people. I suspect that the button on the coverlet is actually linked to the wrong item. But in any case, I'm soooo done with these people. If I could rate them with a zero star, I would. Even if they refund me, it's not worth the hassle of returning the item and waiting for the refund...plus not buying what I want elsewhere, before THEY sell out of them (which happened back in Nov...not sure why everyone else wants the exact same thing I do...but it appears so). Be warned people...I won't give anyone a bad review that doesn't totally deserve one. But I gave these guys two chances at the same exact thing and they blew it both times.

ga4394
1/13/14

zero stars-- My Mom likes these clothes and orders from this company, they enrolled her in their "discount program", which actually costs 14.95 a month-- after unknowingly paying it the first month-- I called customer service and cancelled the program. She received additional further charges, which we had to dispute in a SECOND CALL: they honorably agreed and 'erased' the charges accrued after the first cancellation date. Next month she continued to receive FURTHER ERRONEOUS CHARGES + "LATE FEES". I Had to call a THIRD TIME to resolve these ADDITIONAL ERRONEOUS CHARGES. All told, 3 times on automated service + 3 times lengthly holding + 3 times customer 'care' conversations, this has taken probably 2 HOURS TO RESOLVE-- and I'm cynical now that its fully settled after this 3rd customer service resolution. THIS COMPANY IS EITHER VERY DISHONEST OR INCREDIBLY INCOMPETENT. I suggest avoiding any business with Appleseeds

kaym31
1/6/14

My mom lives in an assisted living facility. She has ordered from Appleseeds catalog for years. She has too many clothes, though, so I tried to take her off of Appleseeds mailing list. Fat chance. Those catalogues came for another 18 months, with repeated calls from me trying to get mom off of their list. I even wrote them a letter telling them that mom really wasn't capable of making fiscal decisions and taking orders from her would be exploiting an elderly woman with advanced dementia. So when they sent the next catalog and mom ordered (yet another) cardigan, I simply didn't pay for it. They called a few times, but mom sort of likes getting phone calls and would just try to chat with the collector. Now, they finally have her off the mailing list. Problem solved.

janetf8
1/5/14

Their site said if you order by the 18th it will be there by the 25th. I ordered on the 15th. Then I got an email when it was mailed (on the 18th) that said it was 2 day Fedex. The package arrived on the 28th or later. I requested a refund of the postage. They wrote back and said I didn't pay for expedited shipping. The advertising said regular shipping. They said I could write back if I didn't agree. I wrote back, but they never even acknowlegde my proof that their commitment was not fulfilled. Never ever do business with this company. A complete sham!

karenw32
11/27/13

I placed an order online that totaled $254.92, and received a confirmation-- and then, nothing! No shipping info after days of waiting until, a week later I phoned and was told that because of the high dollar total of the order ($250 is high dollar value these days?), they needed confirmation from me! I thought that was ludicrous, but I reasonably asked why, then, they had not contacted me. They said that now that I had contacted them, and confirmed my name and address, they could clear the order. What planet are these people living on? I will never shop with this outfit again.

kennethn8
11/26/13

Deceptive advertising. Their add says free shipping with $100 order yet when you buy with an order over $100 they charge you for shipping unless you buy a 14.95 A MONTH for a membership so you can get free shipping. Nothing but a scam.

eileeng3
10/29/13

I would like to recommend to everyone this professional and reliable online shopping site. When you drop in to this site, you can get a variety of hot selling and good quality clothing and products, good communication and customer service. My overall experience with Appleseed is astonishingly reliable and great. I would rely on it in the future.

lauries11
10/26/13

They are deceptive, uncommunicative, unhelpful when you call, slow as Moses when you Email, and they DO NOT CARE, and worse yet, they don't care that they don't care. Horrendous customer service. When AND IF my order EVER gets here, 100% of it will be going back whether I like it or not, I am that annoyed with them. I refuse to give them ANY OF MY MONEY, EVER!! They will tell you that your item is in stock whether it is or not, and if you don't want it because it's going to ship a month later they won't let you cancel the order because it is *pink slipped to ship*........even if you are giving them 3 weeks notice before their scheduled ship date. Then when you call back to make sure that what you were told is correct you will find out that all of it is going to ship the next day.......NIT WITS!! And as far as a return goes, they will keep your money for TWO BILLING cycles, which means you either pay for it all or pay the interest whilst you wait on them crediting your account. I'm paying it as I think the return credit will likely not materialize without a huge knock down drag out, if ever. SAVE YOURSELF THE AGGRAVATION AND DO NOT SHOP WITH APPLESEEDS!!

judyl9
9/11/13

If I could have entered zero stars, I would have. Bought one item on line, discovered $14.95 per month subscription charges I never ordered. Called Appleseeds, and was told I had clicked on box for it. Box was for notices of sales. Took bringing MasterCard rep on to call for them to remove past charges and stop future charges. (Thanks MC for fixing this!)

carolv6
8/16/13

Second time...ordered two pair of pants. Photos look great, actual product not the same as much cheaper fabric. I wore the knit for traveling 24 hours and to my horror...snags, pilling, baggy rear, baggy knees all while sitting on an airplane. Left them in a trash bin....second pair of dotted rayon. Darling in photo of flowing, light weight. After first washing in cold, gentle they had shrunk and lost shape. Expensive at the time and I was taking a gamble..total waste of money. NEVER buy from them again.

kimberlyp3
8/1/13

Think twice about purchasing from Appleseeds. I placed an order, had it gift wrapped, and scheduled for delivery to my Aunt's house. When I got the confirmation, it showed shipping address the same as my billing address. I called and asked to have it redirected to the address I entered into the website. I was told that it was not possible as the order was already in shipping and they would not pull it off a truck at this point. I was very frustrated, and thought, well at least I would be getting it quickly. When I still had not received the purchase on Thursday of the that week (order placed previous Saturday, and purchased expedited 3 day shipping), I called to find out when my shipment would be delivered. The CS person told me Monday for one box and Tuesday for the other, and again, she cannot explain why the delay in spite of the 3 day shipping I paid for. No explanation at all! While they did offer to refund the shipping charges, I am now waiting a week for product to be delivered to the wrong address, with no explanation whatsoever. I'd gladly pay a bit more for my merchandise if I can get it shipped and delivered as promised. Ugh. stay away. This organization is very shady.

juditha4
7/23/13

I am very upset with Appleseeds. The last time I purchased an item, I was encouraged to enroll in a travel program they were offering. I agreed to look at the program and was assured I could cancel. I then received a mailing offering me a cash-back shipping rebate on my Appleseed's purchase. I called and canceled this program, believing I was canceling the Appleseeds program. No. Appleseeds had given my information to another program, and has been charging me $14.95 a month since October. Beware!

carolyno1
5/13/13

Ordered a jacket and paid 2nd day air, wanted it for a vacation. Waited the two days, didn't receive the jacket. Called Appleseed and they said the order was sitting in the warehouse somewhere, but when they got to it, it would still ship out 2nd day air - ARE YOU KIDDING ME! They said they would reimburse me my shipping fee, we will see if that happens. I will NEVER visit this sight again - bewared!!!!

terrakobaq
5/1/13

worst. experience. ever. shame on them. their customer no-service is incredibly lousy, they insist coupon code will be applied after check-out, and then insist no one would ever tell me that and the only help they can offer (eagerly) is to cancel my order. they have no loyalty to their customers or to the websites (like amazon) that drive business to their site by advertising bogus coupon codes that were never intended to work; it should be noted that Tog Shop and Blair are the same store as Appleseeds... I dealt with their online chat service, their phone customer no-service and then sent an e-mail. All unsatisfactory and no resolution skills were evident anywhere, just canned drivel. they must have enough suckers placing orders to stay in business, but beats me how!

judithm2
4/15/13

I ordered three pairs of summer sandals. Received within two weeks. They were too large and wanted to exchange for smaller size. Called customer service...a rude woman said I didn't have to complete return form information for an exchange. I completed the form anyway clearly indicating "exchange." After two weeks called to verify exchange and was told they had not been received and that I have to wait 30 days to report lost merchandise. My small town post office verified package went out same day I returned. I'm out shoes and $135 on my credit card. Do not buy anything from this outfit.

brendap7
3/31/13

I wish I had visited this site BEFORE ordering. I ordered a two piece outfit, and got the bottoms got the bottoms only. I was informed the top was on baqkorder, which was strange because the website said it was in stock. I then got an e-mail stating I would get the top soon. After 50 days I tried calling to see what was up, and got their automated service and went the gamut with that, only to be informed that my order had ben cancelled. Apparently they can't get the top anymore and now I'm stuck with the bottoms without a top, because I have lost the invoice that came with the bottoms. The clothes look good in the catalog, but their service is awful. I would have had to pay for shipping twice as well, from what I've read in other complaints. Don't buy from this catalog, they don't have their act together.

shannont6
2/25/13

Horrible site!! I ordered a gift for my grandmother for christmas. Here it is almost March and it still has not arrived. Beware of their rewards program. I didn't even sign up for it yet I've been charged $14.95 per month until I realized this was happening. Customer service wouldn't even make the rewards charge right by taking it off my bill!! Stay away from this company!!!!

lindaa18
2/22/13

Very slow service. When I asked why they said I would have to pay for faster service. It will be my last order through this company.

pats40
2/22/13

Unbelievably HORRIBLE experience. The Customer Service Reps will tell you anything, refuse to let you speak to a supervisor and simply keep saying there is nothing they can do. Appleseeds does not care about the customer. I will not spend another dime with them.

maryc39
1/15/13

Ordered twice online and had HORRIBLE experiences in both cases. Customer Service is a joke-they could not care less. They tell you things are IN STOCK and then they back order one item, so you pay shipping twice. The photos appear much better than the actual quality of the clothing. If you email to request someone in Customer Service-you will receive a "canned response", often one that has nothing to do with your issue. If you call, you will be put on eternal hold. Once - shame on them, twice, shame on me. I have learned my lesson and will share this with everyone I can.

traceyc15
10/23/12

Received a Florentina matelasse coverlet today. Has two rips or cuts in it. Rather than go through the hassle of returning it and possibly getting another defective coverlet, I simply mended it. So now I have a new, 80 dollar bedspread with two darned areas. Won't order from them again.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Appleseed's staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
10/27/15
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
11/28/11
Answer
ruthp1
A: After being laid-off in Jan 2010 I was delighted to accept a position at Johnny Appleseed's Inc. on Tozier Rd in Beverly MA. I accepted that position with the understanding that I would shadow a mentor during my training.
No mentor was provided. No training was provided. Because I was unable to successfully perform my job duties due to the lack of training and due to the lack of response by management I left that position.
It is 7 months later, 7 months from the time I both reported my leaving and why to the Massachusetts Dept of Workforce Development and am now being challenged as to why I left as well as the fact that Johnny Appleseed's Inc sent me an incorrect W2 statement and I have consistantly requested a correct W2 statement and have not been able to receive one. Instead I continue to receive statements from a bankruptcy attorney that I don't even understand and am unable to file my 2010 taxes as well as the fact that I no longer receive unemployment benefits while this is being investigated. It's being investigated as though I did something corrupt when in fact I reported everything in a timely manner.
Any one out there experiencing similar problems? my email badolliecat@gmail.com
3/10/11
Helpful answer
Add your answer
I am affiliated with this business
I have no affiliation with this business
Questions? Get answers from the Appleseed's staff and other customers.

Appleseed's?