US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

carmelo93

The Agoda booking site makes it easy to access a range of hotels with clear details of each hotel offers. (in 69 reviews)

shahm2

Have encountered double booking once during a festive season - again fully refunded by Agoda
(in 54 reviews)

patrickc34

Super website , easy to use to book hotels and rooms (in 1 review)

▼ Sort by: recent

aa928
1/19/15

I was so upset in Agoda that used unethical booking scheme to rush the customers into making decisions to book with Agoda, believing that they got a good deep discount. In fact, once I arrived Tubtim resort, I found that the amount I paid to Agoda is the same flat rate that the resort offers 1,900 baht/night; there are no room with 3,000-4,000 baht of the category that Agoda claimed for their deep discounts. Agoda should be shameful for their business model of this unethical tactics and immediately remove their advertised super-inflated price to create additional artificial incentives for customers.

Tip for consumers: Better call the hotel site directly to verify if Agoda has been inflated the price artificially.

stuartw20
1/11/15

Agoda is an absolute joke. We booked several hotels with them for our trip of south east asia and had no problems,until now. We booked the monument hotel in Phnom Penh and the room we were given was well below the standard I would expect from them and below that described on the hotels website. So I spent an age trying to find out how to complain to agoda after getting nowhere with the hotel. The customer service rep I spoke to didn't seem that bothered in sorting out my problem,my options we're pay more or leave,not see another room. And when I'd sent them several emails with pictures of my issues they replied asking for pictures and what my issues with the room were. When I asked them if they had read any of my previous emails the response I got was pay up or move with a comment similar to mine about reading previous emails. Never again will I use them and the complaints procedure is there to infuriate you into submission!

zinamariej
1/7/15

This single star is far better than this outfit merits. I needed to book two rooms for a party of four, for a two night stay in Philadelphia. I used the AGODA online system and made the booking arrangements for two rooms / two nights in a single transaction, and billed to my credit card. In their system, if you are booking more than one room the system requests that you enter a name for each of the booked rooms. I thought this was a requirement of the hotel - a reasonable requirement, so I entered my own name for one of the rooms, and the name of one of my travel associates for the other room. The trip had to be cancelled several weeks in advance of the reservation dates, and I immediately notified AGODA to cancel the entire reservation (for both rooms), and all charges to my credit card. This notification was completed well in advance of the cancellation deadline. They are continuing an attempt to charge me for the second room because they insist that I cancelled only one of the rooms. When I researched the confirmation responses, after the dispute started, I saw that they had separated the reservations into two separate transactions: one for each room and were insisting that the named person in the second room had not cancelled. AGODA has no information on this individual other than a name I had provided for the hotel's records. The AGODA reservation cancellation system is designed to confuse the unwary customer and attempt to collect money for services not rendered. The hotel is one of Philadelphia's finest and has been very helpful by providing written documentation as we continue to dispute the AGODA charges. Our credit card company has also been very helpful as we continue to sort this out. I will never use AGODA services again, nor those of any affiliate reservation booking company. I will happily book directly with the same hotel for another occasion. I don't want to name the hotel because I do not want to see it's fine name and reputation associated in any way with this less than 1 star review.

sudhan6
1/5/15

Beware of Agoda for hotel booking. Got cheated by them recently while booking a hotel in Kuala Lampur. Shortlisted a hotel 'Beejaya Times Square' however after booking the full amount was surprised to see a confirmation from FNF Service suite. Was even more shocked upon arrival in KL to note that we didn't have a hotel reception to go to rather were guided to some personally owned suite with no room service, facilities extra.

gc20
1/5/15

Wish I'd seen these other reviews before booking via Agoda.
I booked accomodation over Christmas/New Year via the Agoda booking site, and paid in full which was debited immediately from my card. I received email confirmation of the booking and then 2 days later got a phone call to say the booking cannot be honored as the hotel was overbooked!! They wanted to try to offer a booking in another city - useless as I was about to get on a plane to the destination.
Still chasing full refund 2 weeks later. Apalling.
Will NEVER use Agoda again

mach42
1/2/15

Never use Agoda. They work more or less if you get the booking confirmation which does not always happen but if you cancel or try to talk or communicate with them your nightmare is about to begin. I have now all but conceded the loss of 700 dollars to these frauds.

mariou
12/31/14

I will never use Agoda again.
There are many other travel companies out there stay away from Agoda.
I have booked numerous flights and room stays while
Traveling throughout asia for the last almost three months.
I booked a room online with Agoda which was to include breakfast every day.
When i recieved the confirmation there was no breakfast !!
I have been calling Agoda and emailing them for over one week with no response.
Extremely poor customer service.there contact information states 24/7 contact 365 a year.This is not true!!!
As far as i am concerned terrible customer service!!!

Tip for consumers: Try Kayak or any other travel
Company!!!!!

tomb125
12/29/14

Will never use Agoda a again. Booked 4 nights in Ahmed, Bali. Arrived to discover no booking had been made and only one night available. Then Agoda told ( via Vienna cottages reception where we spent just the one night) us to go to another hotel ( Bhuana hotel) next day for remaining 3 nights. Went directly to this new hotel before dinner to double check.....no record of any booking there either in our name! Over breakfast next morning, Vienna cottages reception told us Agoda had made a reservation at Bhuana in a local Indonesian name.....this didn't exist either when we went back to Bhuana. We've now ended up in some lower category hotel, not on the beach, no sea view etc after a lot of hassle and time wasted.
Now we have to try to get a refund for the difference in hotel category/ price. What a waste of time and appalling service.

DO NOT USE AGODA.

hanlies
12/27/14

What a shockingly bad experience compared to Booking.com! Stay away! Wish I had done a bit more research before using them. No response from their customer service worth using! Just standard automated replies! Had to make expensive international phone calls to sort out problem with their site and booking. Found out AFTER we paid in full in advance that our 9yr old son cannot be accomodated! Hotel assisted to sort out at huge extra costs. Cannot believe that Tripadvisor would associate themselves with this lot!

Tip for consumers: Do not use!

ac479
12/23/14

DO NOT use this site. They advertise "free cancellation," and then charge you a $15 cancellation fee (this is within an hour of making the booking; 3 weeks in advance of the hotel stay). The other hotel booking sites do NOT charge a fee for canceling up to the date stated on their site (usually 1-2 days prior to the stay)

Tip for consumers: JUST DON'T. booking.com, hotels.com, and multiple others don't charge you a fee.

mra6
12/13/14

I made a booking and succeed in transaction. In Agoda's website, they gave me booking id and tell me that I need to wait for 10 to 30 minutes for them to send an e-mail regarding confirmation of booking and hotel voucher. It has been a day and I did not received any e-mail from them. I tried to use the booking id and it is INVALID id for $#*! sake ! My money gone, my trip went hard because my budget went wrong after money they taken. THIS GONNA BE THE LAST TIME FOR ME USING AGODA. NOT RECOMMENDED TO YOU PEOPLE TO USE AGODA. STAY AWAY FROM THESE CHEAT BASTARD

kl306
12/12/14

I would NOT recommend Agoda. Their cancellation policy is ridiculous. Customer service is poor, making different mistakes again and again. DO NOT use them. Try booking.com instead. If would give them a ZERO STAR.

davidb243
12/8/14

I booked a hotel in Bacolod City Philippines. A goda charged me 1650php but whe. I got to the hotel I found out that if I would have just walked in off the street the price would have been 1320 php. I asked them if someone could pick me up from the airort. They said that no one was available, but their price if they could pick me up was 800php for theit shuttle service. When I got to the airport a taxi charged me 300 php. The hotel was suposed to be a four star hotel, but it in reality couldn't have been more than atwo sar or low three star hotel. I'm very dissapointed with the zervice and fell like they cheated me.

Tip for consumers: From now on I will use them to find a hotel and then look up the hotel online and call or email the hotel directly to make my reservation.

royt15
12/7/14

I would not use Agoda.com again, they advertise items, make promises and fulfil none, even worse is having stayed at hotels based on their reviews, booked via agoda.com and then submitting my own reviews after our stay I found out they don't allow reviews with scores less than 8.5 so there site is a lie and you cannot trust what you are being told.
We stayed at The Chillax Resort in Bangkok, we were shocked at our stay and experience going on the reviews we read, so we tried submitting our own review.
Obviously this didn't get publicised!!.

Tip for consumers: Avoid Agoda.Com, the information is incorrect and cannot be trusted.

johnb343
12/5/14

These people are dishonest. They claimed they hadn't received my credit card payment and asked me to rebook. I did this and then got charged twice on my credit card. They refused to refund my money and are now not answering e-mails. This has cost me over $1500 so although they might appear less expensive, it's not worth the risk.

payan
11/27/14

DONT TRUST THEM. ! After many successful reservations with HRS, BOOKING.COM, my first time booking with them was a SCAM. They did not CARE at all and ignored my emails regarding a hotel in Maldives, that had to arrange the pick-up from airport, but refused that. And in maldives, private travelers can not book their own transportation to and from airport. My 300 USD was gone in a blitz!

Tip for consumers: If for maldives, book directly with the hotels.

floras7
11/24/14

Stay away from Agoda.

The hotels look nowhere close to how they look in the pictures and it always shows last 2 or last 3 rooms available but when you actually check into the hotel you'll be surprised to know you are the only soul there in that God forsaken place .

rossd15
11/19/14

I've used agoda for last 5 years as a frequent traveller .they have great deals on hotels better than booking.com and Expedia.com..hotels.com especially for Asia based hotels.both booking .com and expedia.comt are excellent for hotels in Europe and south america especially brasil.ross

Tip for consumers: Pagoda has deals everyday so keep looking

elyanaa
11/18/14

Easy to book... the website giving every details that i need before choosing accomodation... the review helps me on my decision.. and i've checked the rate personally with hotel that i intend to live for my vacation.. agoda really give the discount rate!

bandanag
11/18/14

I have been using Agoda for few years now for my hotel bookings and it has been a very satisfied experience . The site is very easy to use and always got great rates . Thanks

marvinb27
11/11/14

Its easy to use site for searching a lot of available hotels. The categories they have are good to sort the hotels you are looking for. One thing I didn't see or maybe not yet exists is the option for the range of prices based on your budget. Also, it has no page numbers you want to go to and only NEXT button is available, just a slight inconvenient.

Overall I recommend this site because they have the better deals and complete details of hotels.

Tip for consumers: Use categories based on your preference.

jamesl102
11/7/14

Agoda provide excellent hotel pricing and a clean easy to use service. The only thing that i don't like is that they exclude VAT from the room price and add it on later.

Tip for consumers: Great usability

johnm370
11/6/14

STAY AWAY FROM THIS AGODA. They'll scam you and provide no customer service. Don't believe what they advertise on their website.

nathant18
11/4/14

the base price they publish are fake!
They'd put 5000php as original price but get it for 2100 + 400 tax for a total of only 2500php. I went to the hotel's website to make a comparisson, and viola! the original room rate is only 2500php.

where's the savings?

hilaryp
10/25/14

VERY POOR customer service. I requested an amendment to a booking 4 times. AGODA did not respond at all other than by an automated response saying that they will get back to you within 24 hours which they did not do. They duly took the payment from my credit card for the booking which I did not want.
The only solution through AGODA was to cancel the booking, a privilege for which they charge FIFTEEN US DOLLARS!!!!! I managed to alter the booking myself by calling the hotel in question who were very helpful.
There are plenty of other hotel booking sites with much better customer service and free cancellations. DO NOT USE AGODA - THEY ARE INEFFICIENT AND WILL RIP YOU OFF BY CHARGING YOU FOR SOMETHING THAT YOU DO NOT WANT

johnnyk8
10/14/14

VERY VERY VERY poor response I sent 5 emails to modify a booking 2 weeks before first day of reservation and they did not respond. booking was Ormoc Villa Hotel in Ormoc , Leyte, Philippines . Dr J Kenley

Tip for consumers: use another booking

shashankk1
10/12/14

Please stay away from these scamsters. I had booked a resort in Goa more than 2 weeks in advance but when reached there the staff told us they have not received any confirmation from Agoda and there are no rooms available now. Since it was holiday season and we were losing time we had to settle in one our their dilapidated sister hotel without any facilities and with filthy rooms which was not even worth half the price that I paid. On contacting multiple times, Agoda refused to acknowledge the issue and sided with hotel management. Book through them and you will regret.

lynb5
9/23/14

Just be aware that AGODA do not publish bad reviews even if they are fully justified as ours was.
After weeks my valid review has still not been published, apparently they are still checking it?!?
So be very wary as most bad reviews are not published so you get the wrong impression of a property.
Try another website or book direct with the Hotel but don't use AGODA, I won't ever again.

guys12
9/20/14

STAY AWAY FROM THEM

they advertise "Free Cancellation" and as you go through the booking they keep repeating the "Free Cancellation". Once you confirm and provide your credit card they send you a confirmation that says a $15 cancellation may be applicable - there is no way of knowing until you already confirmed and provided your credit card information. When I cancelled I was charged $15. It's a total intentional scam

This is one of those companies where an accountant or business executive figured out if they rip people off like this most people would not question it or try to get their money back. If anyone was scammed by them please send me the information - take screen shots if you can (I went in and tested it and I have clear evidence they are blatantly ripping people off.

It's an international internet company so it'll be difficult to go after them with a class action lawsuit but I'll be talking to a lawyer about it I think we can subpoena their records of these $15 charges and then contact everyone that was charged

I contacted my credit card company and because I was a good client they cancelled my charges. I asked if they are actually going to pay them and they said they are cancelling my charges. I said "I don't want that - I want them not to be paid". Arghhhhh out of principal!!!

shahm2
9/14/14

Have been using agoda for my travels in Asia. No problem so far. Hve a few cancellations, with appropriate refunds.

On average, I am getting a free week stay every year due to rewars points by Agoda.

I guess I am lucky, but hey, Agoda works fine for me.

joanc20
9/12/14

I wish I'd read this before I used them. They are horrible. I booked the trip 3 months in advance, PAID them, and now, three weeks before the trip they canceled the reservation and was us to stay in a DUMP. Getting my money back???

mikec122
8/12/14

HORRIBLE!! I booked a room in NYC and the night before going I checked the hotel web site and found that i could reserve the room for $80 (yes,that's NOT a typo!!) LESS than I paid at Agoda. When I called customer service I was informed (which I already knew but was pissed) that the reservation was non refundable...First time user AND LAST TIME USER of Agoda!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away, at least if you are coming to NYC!!

alect10
8/11/14

never again will use agoda
booked a hotel in Hong Kong and had a change of date ...........rang agoda , and was told "too bad dont call us" rang the hotel in HK and were told " we prefer not to deal with Agoda"
no hotel and bill of 3900.00 HKD :(
just another scam !!!!!!!!!

leer22
8/4/14

Do not use Agoda.com.
I was very ill can could not travel. But Agoda insisted on its cancelation policy. As a result, two nights booked but not used but still paid in full.

babettev
7/20/14

When we came first in the room is was smelly and old. The bedsheets were moisty. And the whole night very noisy, the staff was not friendly at all. Out worst stay in Vietnam.

johnd274
7/18/14

Just to note that Agoda.com has pulled the plug on its prominently advertised "rewards" bonus program for new customers as of April 1st 2014. That info can only be found deep within the FAQ, which in my books is deception. Unfortunately Booking.com has the same owners...

elisej2
7/13/14

I booked an hotel in Edinburgh 90 days in advance and paid up front. First time I have had to pay up front and have encountered a no change policy. We have to change our booking by 1 day and Agoda are totally inflexible. Unfortunately the hotel can't help.
With still a month to go one would think that they would be able to change the booking. I would not recommend nor use them again. They now benefit from an additional $350 and the hotel will definitely be able to rent out the room.

micheller30
6/15/14

The booking process is probably the best I've seen anyhwere! Especially after the hotel sites which are so incredibly difficult you want to cancel your vacation and stay at home just so that you you'll never encounter one of those pages again. Full marks.

louisj7
6/5/14

Booked my reservation with Agoda for Buasari in Patong and requested airport pick-up in Agoda's comment section. Called to confirm my reservations with Buasari the night before and was told complementary airport pick-up was only available if I booked through hotel. Agoda never responded to my initial request until I arrived at the hotel. Happy with Buasari, but would not use Agoda again due tp their slow response and you end up paying more by using them.

helenm47
5/29/14

We have been booking our accommodation through Agoda for the past five years and have not had one single issue with the bookings. They have been precise and we have always been satisfied with where we have stayed and may I add at the best prices.
As long as Agoda have competitive prices we will continue to return to their website.

richardv14
4/5/14

Stay miles away from Agoda if you like you money! We used them once, in Flores, Indonesia. They were really fast in charging money from my card but when we arrived in the hotel, the lady at the reception told us she couldn't put us up as Agoda stopped paying them half a year ago. As simple as that - there was a personal change of the person in Agoda responsible for Flores and they probably keep all the money just for themselves.. incredible!
Btw, apart from that, the lady told us if we had spoken to her directly, we would have received normal, non-discounted price which was 6 NZD lower that Agoda-promoted 'best price', i.e. not only they scam the hotels in Flores, but they also charge you extra for that

carmelo93
4/2/14

The Agoda booking site makes it easy to access a range of hotels with clear details of each hotel offers. The price cuts are attractive and affordable.

liuo
4/2/14

This is my first time go Seoul by individual without travel agent. For consideration on room reservation to Uljiro Co-op , I found 1) Its site location is good for shopping and Airport 2)room rate is reasonable 3)picture shown room is clean ,tidy and comfortable with high quality of bedclothes , eg. quilt cover, bed sheet, pillow case...etc , they look soft and elegant 4)room is feel fresh with bright light window. 5)room renovation look new and clean. 6) room with broadband service : but we found there are 2 difference offers mentioned between Hotels.com and Hotel.com.as = one is free of Wi-Fi service but other is Lan Access. This is why I took quite long time to consider whether Uljiro is really suitable for us because Wifi will be considered as priority issue we make room registration.
7) Can anyone reply me about Payment due date on room reservation? it make me confused : May 19,2014 is the last payment due date mentioned on "Booking Detail" when you click into the icon "Free Cancellation" but May 17, 2014 is on "Booking Completed" slip ??? . 8) I booked May 21 to 30, 2014 and will upload my comments after my stay.

nor-izanm
4/2/14

It's user friendly, all the information you need is there and best of all you get to accumulate points.

craige13
4/2/14

Always check out Agoda when booking accommodation. Great rates, great rewards and a fast, easy, booking process.

minen1
4/2/14

Great website for hotel booking. Fast and convenient. I will continue to look up for hotels in agoda.com

susanb54
3/26/14

Be aware local taxes are added to the price of the hotel, what you see is not what you get, pointed out but easy to miss

viratt
3/26/14

The website is a great way to search for hotels. It gave me correct information of hotel, its location, facilities and price.

jonh34
3/26/14

Excellent Site - best prices. Great feature to "show Map" then you can point at a hotel on the map and it will show you the name and price. Great for where you are trying to compare hotels in a specific area.

darylc2
3/26/14

First time, so far so good. The site was easy to use and had the hotel I wanted.
I will post later if I have any problems

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the Agoda staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
Q: Agoda said I earned 2,512 rewards points worth 5.00 USD. after booking on one of the hotel in manila. How can I know that we can received this reward. I have been booking hotel through agoda website but still i haven't got any clue that I received that reward.......

Any answers for this?
12/5/12
tehk
A: Why am i denied access to agoda.com website, my e-mail is nicom1@streamyx.com and have
been agoda member for a few years now.
Please rectify immediately
Thanks
Teh Kee Huat
5/18/11
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the Agoda staff and other consumers.
  • From where do products ship?