US Government's NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

cherylc18

Just booked a hotel in Hong Kong, not available in most travel booking sites. (in 50 reviews)

shaf8

Agoda has been the best online booking website I have ever came across. (in 41 reviews)

patrickc34

Super website , easy to use to book hotels and rooms (in 1 review)

▼ Sort by: recent

johnnyk8
10/14/14

VERY VERY VERY poor response I sent 5 emails to modify a booking 2 weeks before first day of reservation and they did not respond. booking was Ormoc Villa Hotel in Ormoc , Leyte, Philippines . Dr J Kenley

Tip for consumers: use another booking

shashankk1
10/12/14

Please stay away from these scamsters. I had booked a resort in Goa more than 2 weeks in advance but when reached there the staff told us they have not received any confirmation from Agoda and there are no rooms available now. Since it was holiday season and we were losing time we had to settle in one our their dilapidated sister hotel without any facilities and with filthy rooms which was not even worth half the price that I paid. On contacting multiple times, Agoda refused to acknowledge the issue and sided with hotel management. Book through them and you will regret.

lynb5
9/23/14

Just be aware that AGODA do not publish bad reviews even if they are fully justified as ours was.
After weeks my valid review has still not been published, apparently they are still checking it?!?
So be very wary as most bad reviews are not published so you get the wrong impression of a property.
Try another website or book direct with the Hotel but don't use AGODA, I won't ever again.

guys12
9/20/14

STAY AWAY FROM THEM

they advertise "Free Cancellation" and as you go through the booking they keep repeating the "Free Cancellation". Once you confirm and provide your credit card they send you a confirmation that says a $15 cancellation may be applicable - there is no way of knowing until you already confirmed and provided your credit card information. When I cancelled I was charged $15. It's a total intentional scam

This is one of those companies where an accountant or business executive figured out if they rip people off like this most people would not question it or try to get their money back. If anyone was scammed by them please send me the information - take screen shots if you can (I went in and tested it and I have clear evidence they are blatantly ripping people off.

It's an international internet company so it'll be difficult to go after them with a class action lawsuit but I'll be talking to a lawyer about it I think we can subpoena their records of these $15 charges and then contact everyone that was charged

I contacted my credit card company and because I was a good client they cancelled my charges. I asked if they are actually going to pay them and they said they are cancelling my charges. I said "I don't want that - I want them not to be paid". Arghhhhh out of principal!!!

shahm2
9/14/14

Have been using agoda for my travels in Asia. No problem so far. Hve a few cancellations, with appropriate refunds.

Have encountered double booking once during a festive season - again fully refunded by Agoda

On average, I am getting a free week stay every year due to rewars points by Agoda.

I guess I am lucky, but hey, Agoda works fine for me.

joanc20
9/12/14

I wish I'd read this before I used them. They are horrible. I booked the trip 3 months in advance, PAID them, and now, three weeks before the trip they canceled the reservation and was us to stay in a DUMP. Getting my money back???

mikec122
8/12/14

HORRIBLE!! I booked a room in NYC and the night before going I checked the hotel web site and found that i could reserve the room for $80 (yes,that's NOT a typo!!) LESS than I paid at Agoda. When I called customer service I was informed (which I already knew but was pissed) that the reservation was non refundable...First time user AND LAST TIME USER of Agoda!!!!!!!!!!!! Stay away, at least if you are coming to NYC!!

alect10
8/11/14

never again will use agoda
booked a hotel in Hong Kong and had a change of date ...........rang agoda , and was told "too bad dont call us" rang the hotel in HK and were told " we prefer not to deal with Agoda"
no hotel and bill of 3900.00 HKD :(
just another scam !!!!!!!!!

leer22
8/4/14

Do not use Agoda.com.
I was very ill can could not travel. But Agoda insisted on its cancelation policy. As a result, two nights booked but not used but still paid in full.

babettev
7/20/14

When we came first in the room is was smelly and old. The bedsheets were moisty. And the whole night very noisy, the staff was not friendly at all. Out worst stay in Vietnam.

johnd274
7/18/14

Just to note that Agoda.com has pulled the plug on its prominently advertised "rewards" bonus program for new customers as of April 1st 2014. That info can only be found deep within the FAQ, which in my books is deception. Unfortunately Booking.com has the same owners...

elisej2
7/13/14

I booked an hotel in Edinburgh 90 days in advance and paid up front. First time I have had to pay up front and have encountered a no change policy. We have to change our booking by 1 day and Agoda are totally inflexible. Unfortunately the hotel can't help.
With still a month to go one would think that they would be able to change the booking. I would not recommend nor use them again. They now benefit from an additional $350 and the hotel will definitely be able to rent out the room.

micheller30
6/15/14

The booking process is probably the best I've seen anyhwere! Especially after the hotel sites which are so incredibly difficult you want to cancel your vacation and stay at home just so that you you'll never encounter one of those pages again. Full marks.

louisj7
6/5/14

Booked my reservation with Agoda for Buasari in Patong and requested airport pick-up in Agoda's comment section. Called to confirm my reservations with Buasari the night before and was told complementary airport pick-up was only available if I booked through hotel. Agoda never responded to my initial request until I arrived at the hotel. Happy with Buasari, but would not use Agoda again due tp their slow response and you end up paying more by using them.

helenm47
5/29/14

We have been booking our accommodation through Agoda for the past five years and have not had one single issue with the bookings. They have been precise and we have always been satisfied with where we have stayed and may I add at the best prices.
As long as Agoda have competitive prices we will continue to return to their website.

richardv14
4/5/14

Stay miles away from Agoda if you like you money! We used them once, in Flores, Indonesia. They were really fast in charging money from my card but when we arrived in the hotel, the lady at the reception told us she couldn't put us up as Agoda stopped paying them half a year ago. As simple as that - there was a personal change of the person in Agoda responsible for Flores and they probably keep all the money just for themselves.. incredible!
Btw, apart from that, the lady told us if we had spoken to her directly, we would have received normal, non-discounted price which was 6 NZD lower that Agoda-promoted 'best price', i.e. not only they scam the hotels in Flores, but they also charge you extra for that

carmelo93
4/2/14

The Agoda booking site makes it easy to access a range of hotels with clear details of each hotel offers. The price cuts are attractive and affordable.

liuo
4/2/14

This is my first time go Seoul by individual without travel agent. For consideration on room reservation to Uljiro Co-op , I found 1) Its site location is good for shopping and Airport 2)room rate is reasonable 3)picture shown room is clean ,tidy and comfortable with high quality of bedclothes , eg. quilt cover, bed sheet, pillow case...etc , they look soft and elegant 4)room is feel fresh with bright light window. 5)room renovation look new and clean. 6) room with broadband service : but we found there are 2 difference offers mentioned between Hotels.com and Hotel.com.as = one is free of Wi-Fi service but other is Lan Access. This is why I took quite long time to consider whether Uljiro is really suitable for us because Wifi will be considered as priority issue we make room registration.
7) Can anyone reply me about Payment due date on room reservation? it make me confused : May 19,2014 is the last payment due date mentioned on "Booking Detail" when you click into the icon "Free Cancellation" but May 17, 2014 is on "Booking Completed" slip ??? . 8) I booked May 21 to 30, 2014 and will upload my comments after my stay.

nor-izanm
4/2/14

It's user friendly, all the information you need is there and best of all you get to accumulate points.

craige13
4/2/14

Always check out Agoda when booking accommodation. Great rates, great rewards and a fast, easy, booking process.

minen1
4/2/14

Great website for hotel booking. Fast and convenient. I will continue to look up for hotels in agoda.com

susanb54
3/26/14

Be aware local taxes are added to the price of the hotel, what you see is not what you get, pointed out but easy to miss

viratt
3/26/14

The website is a great way to search for hotels. It gave me correct information of hotel, its location, facilities and price.

jonh34
3/26/14

Excellent Site - best prices. Great feature to "show Map" then you can point at a hotel on the map and it will show you the name and price. Great for where you are trying to compare hotels in a specific area.

darylc2
3/26/14

First time, so far so good. The site was easy to use and had the hotel I wanted.
I will post later if I have any problems

lawrencew13
3/26/14

Agoda has great hotel rates. Hotel information and reviews are accurate. Bookings are fast and easy. I've been with Agoda for many years now and the points I get are towards discounts are fantastic.

samj37
3/25/14

I love this website. It is very informational and your offers particularly for hotels and resorts are very affordable compared to other travel sites.

nancyv11
3/22/14

As a relative of a property owner, I can tell you that Agoda.com shows inflated prices for the properties to make it look like you are getting a deal. For example, a room might be listed at $140 US but agoda has a 'special price' of only $70 US because they 'find the good deals'. It is not true at all; that $70 room is the usual price. Further, the descriptions are false and made up by Agoda representatives. Isn't this kind of behaviour - false advertising - illegal and at the very least unprofessional?

davidj77
3/22/14

This relates to a booking made for Nora Beach Resort & Spa, Ko Samui, Thailand - this is my trip advisor post

We found this resort after weeks and weeks of searching around for the best options and amenities that suited our tastes - this was our first trip to Thailand. We had booked and paid in full (non refundable) through Agoda, we were due to stay in a Beach Front Chalet. We had chosen something special as it was our 15th wedding anniversary. When we arrived the resort told us that there had been a double booking error which was very upsetting, we hold Agoda completely responsible as we booked with them and they had over a week to communicate this issue to us and allow us other options - we may not have even travelled to Koh Samui as other hotels in Phuket were equally as good. Putting that aside back to this resort and a very special thanks to the general manager Prajuabphan Sakakorn who dealt with our issues very well, under his management the hotel put us up for two nights in the sister resort Nora Buri which although was not beach front was still stunning. We feel that he went out of his way to assist but the responsibility for our unnecessary stress and inconvenience was with Agoda.

WARNING DO NOT TOUCH AGODA (www.agoda.com) WITH A TEN FOOT POLE - APPALLING CUSTOMER SERVICE NO CARE OF DUTY TO TRAVELLERS, THEY DON'T CARE AT ALL AFTER THEY TAKE YOUR MONEY

christined11
3/3/14

I always find the best rates in Agoda. Also, the feedback from customers give you a better picture of the place even before you get there. It is better to surf through Agoda as compared to going directly to the hotel's site, for example, as you get a more realistic viewpoint of the place.

Also, I do not need a good idea about the place but when I read through Agoda, I immediately understand where a certain location is and how to get around the city to reach other destinations. It's an all-in-one site for your adventures.

pheobes
2/19/14

My experience was awful I stayed at the Golden Boat 2 in Phnom Penh and left with bed bugs very disappointed. Angry customer!!!!

gaij
2/2/14

I would not recommend Agoda for a number of reasons.

We had booked a bedroom apartment with partial sea view at crescat residency, Colombo, Sri Lanka and had paid the full amount through Agoda. Upon check in, we were shown into a dingy, dull looking apartment on the third floor with absolutely no view. We were staring at the wall of another building. 2 days into our stay, the nightmare started. The staff started coming up to our apartment asking us to vacate to another apartment as they had received another booking for the apartment we were staying in. We received door knocks, 8 phone calls and several threatening SMS which was very uncomfortable. The fact that we had to move was not communicated upon booking or check in and with a one year old baby and a wedding we were attending to, we could not pick up the bags and just move as we had a lot of luggage, a cot, a changing table, etc. We also could not be with our family and relax because of this heckling. The management was not supportive at all. They asked us to pay additional $30 if we stayed in the same apartment and were concerned about the accounts more than having a heart to listen to how much inconvenience this was causing.

The information Agoda had shared on the advertisement was misleading. Had we known that this would be an apartment without a view and involved several packing/unpacking and moving, we would have chosen another hotel. When we called Agoda, they were not helpful and asked us to move as per the hotel request. Overall, we did not bargain for this kind of treatment or harassment when we booked and we would expect Agoda to monitor and provide us with accurate information on the accommodation we are booking. I would suggest for Agoda to review the information the hotel management is providing on these particular apartments and also make sure the rooms being advertised are actually available when being booked.

It was a horrifying experience and made our last week in Sri Lanka, which we were really looking forward to, a nightmare. Never again will we book through agoda, and absolutely never again will we stay at crescat residency. No thank you!

suzannef2
1/27/14

so easy to access any information required , I 'm not very computer savvy ,but agoda.com had all types of accommodation,prices,locations,tours & loads of places of interest, in any area, I enquired about. when I finally made my choice,[so many to choose from] my booking & payment was effortless.. I will use them again with future travel plans & would recommend agoda.com to anyone planning a vacation.thank you Suzanne.

arefu
1/24/14

very convenience and easy to use.The rate is very attractive,very helpful when i want to cancelled my booking.The best website when come to choosing hotel accomodation for holiday.

marian270
1/22/14

I searched thru engine for hotels and came across agoda . This website have saved me a lot of money and it has been absolutely fantastic. I couldn't have done it without agoda. Thank you so much.

marting21
1/22/14

I really struggled with other sites particularly as our party was made up of a family of 5 and a family of 2. Trying to make sense of the room configuration drove me to distraction until agoda simply explained by a drop down that children were permitted free below 12 subject to using the same layout and hence they got and delivered my booking over the competition

nelliep7
1/22/14

everytime i go outside philippines i used to booked to your site because its very easy to book with them.

evem1
1/22/14

The information and pictures helped me a lot in choosing to what hotel we should stay in Boracay based on our budget. Thank you very much agoda.com!!

thuzart
1/22/14

I have been using Agoda for 3-4 years. I am very happy with the best rate offer. Surprisingly I receive mail from Agoda offered hotel coincided with my plan.
Thanks for immediate action taken.

stutim
1/22/14

Hotel booking is very easy and smooth on agoda. This website gives one of the best rates for hotels worldwide.

skl4
1/22/14

The reviews posted by the users are useful insights for first time travelers to a particular location.

alvina6
1/21/14

This site is very helpful in finding hotel with great price and features. Reservation is fast and reliable.

hazelp4
1/21/14

+easier to find the best hotel rates and recommendation
-need to login again if you need two (2) rooms and above...please update the search details.

patrickm66
1/21/14

For those on the move through Asia this hotel is ideal, price is right service OK & conveniently located to the city.

johainen
1/21/14

I have been hotel thru agoda.The hotel is much much cheaper and booking is very easy with agoda. Bravo!

sueb16
1/21/14

Easy to find the accommodation I am looking for, and very easy to book, to pay on line, and very easy to track my bookings.

cherylc18
1/21/14

Just booked a hotel in Hong Kong, not available in most travel booking sites. Got the best rate and I know I can trust Agoda. Have been using it for 6 years now.

Only downside is the point expiration :(

julietg1
1/21/14

We find agoda website user friendly. We have many choices to suit our budget.
Keep up the good work. God Bless your company.

onettef
1/21/14

I do all my hotel bookings thru agoda since they are very reliable for me and never encounter any problems with them.

victorias13
1/21/14

seems fine for booking in Asia - this is my first time and I have yet to check into the recommended hotel to verify - etc.