Never ever use Minicabit to book a taxi
At 00:42,8 minutes before our Minicabit taxi was due to return us home from London on New Years Eve I received a text cancelling this trip, which had been booked 3 months in advance and confirmed on Xmas day.
Six of us (3 with mobility issues and one elderly) were left completely stranded in London all night with no chance of getting to the last train, due to the lateness of the text, the lack of open tube stations and getting to Euston through vast crowds of very drunk people with mobility issues.
I await a sensible offer of compensation from this company, but so far they have offered a £20 voucher, which is a joke because I would never use this company again if my life depended on it.
If you're reading this MInicabit you might want to consider the following when you revise your compensation offer:
- 18th birthday celebration ruined
- Stress of having to find a way home to Hertfordshire at 1am
- Costs of the return trip from Central London to Apsley,(three rickshaw bikes to station £90,6 single train tickets £78, taxi from Apsley station to home £15 = £183
- My wife who has a long standing knee issue, is now left with a very swollen knee after being forced to walk quickly on a very painful knee. This knee will now require her to be on crutches for a week, strong painkillers and prevent her from driving for a week.
- Our older daughter, who already had a swollen ankle from an accident earlier in the week, has now got a much worse injury due to having to walk so far on it and at present is very likely to unable to drive home to Burnley tomorrow.
- my daughter who turned 18 on the night having an anxiety attack as she was worried that we would be completely stranded in London. This is a condition that she has been having treatment for.
This taxi was booked 3 months ago, so I'm afraid the lack of drivers excuse is not acceptable and we expect a contract made 3 months ago and confirmed on Christmas day to be fulfilled.
Please do not send me one of the pathetic apology/ excuses I have seen for the other people you left stranded in London, just send your compensation details on top of the full refund we paid in October.
I can be contacted on the number left with the reference for the trip which was *******701.
I would strongly recommend any potential users of your service to never ever use Minicabit to book a taxi. After booking the trip into London and back in October the taxi companies have been changed about three times and on the day the trip in was also marred by two taxi companies arriving, leaving the taxi company we didn't use very annoyed and the company we did use concerned they wouldn't be paid, presumably this was due to miscommunication from Minicabit.