US Government’s NSF

Categories: File Sharing

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Hi guys,
Want to share a strange experiece that I had with this website. BTW the content is ok so if this is what you are after then with certain steps to protect youself (e.g. proxy,good Antivirus and avoiding anything that requires installation in general) it will do. However if you trust the reviews posted on this site, then continue reading.
A couple of month ago I downloaded a movie from kickass torrent (kat) after reading the reviews and verifying that the torrent has plenty of seeds (which is normally a good sign). Well after the download was finished I received a Copyright Infringements letter from my Internet Service Provider (ISP) stating that they received a complaint from copyright owners. This by itself was not a huge surprise as this happened to me before. But this time I wanted to help the community and warn the users of kickass torrent website not to download this torrent telling the story that happened to me. I even created a user for this (I normally don't trust anonymous comments so I didn't expect others to do so as well). All good so far and this is what this site should be all about, right? WRONG!
The comment was almost immediately deleted and my account banned. Reason - spamming.
I had an opportunity to appeal which I did. Again I explained what happened to me and even suggested to forward the email from my ISP as an evidence. Day later I received a message that my case was reviewed and my account permanently banned.
Strange right?
Think about potential reasons before you fully trust the comments posted there.
Hope that helped.
Two stars from me. Content - ok. Trust - absolutely no.

I have been a Kickass user for about 4yrs. Never had a virus, never had a problem. Looks to me like some of the reviewers above were just pissed that they could not use it to propogate their views. My experience is the moderators do not suffer trolls. Go figure.

Further to previous comment, Kickass have had a problem with people operating sites that look exactly like theirs. Make sure you are going to These fakes will try to charge you money or direct you to another site where you have to log in and the ask for payments for the download. There is even a rather expensive VPN that has hijacked their name and pretends to be affiliated in some way. Just go to the correct address and the site works fine...

this site is a joke, a really huge joke if you want to broadcast you have torrents then have them but you dont you have nothing you just have horrible exe viruses to download $#*! you grow up and create a real site and get a job you horrible piece of $#*! hows that community college internet class treating you you $#*!ing garbage pale $#*! basket.

A kickass admin, trogger, and user, conired, transmitted spyware onto my computer after I left negative feedback on a file. Stay far away from this disgusting, dangerous website.

Tip for consumers: Stay away if you want to keep your computer functional.

It's one of the best torrent sites out there. I like also the interface. Many e-books too and hard to find torrents. Never had a problem with viruses and stuff.

I have been using this site now for 4 1/2 years and it has not failed me yet. A good place to get those hard to get programs. Very helpful staff included. And for me it is a good place to just unwind and with just about any topic on your mind. I would recommend this to anyone.

site used to be good until it started charging kinda defeats the purpose of piracy dont ya think

Tip for consumers: Add a tip for others who might use this site. ha just dont

Just love this site ... for many of us, who looking for good torrents

its great for downloading movies.but dont join unless you like being heavily moderated by Politically correct control freaks.the members are mostly a bunch of facebookers.they should rename the site kissasstorrents.a great place to do hit and runs.

Excellent, clean site very good interface couldn't really be improved upon!

This website is pretty cool if you're looking for torrents. It's got movies, TV shows, games, progams and music, among other things.

It's got a clean interface that departs from the randomness of other similar websites, so it's easy to find what you're looking for. Search bars and links to files are well placed and easily visible. It's not full of ads or text that force you to skim the page until you reach your destination.
Additionally, the commnuity is pretty helpful in commenting on or flagging torrents. It's rare to come across a bad file, and I have yet to have a problem with this website.

The one drawback about this website is that because it's new its library isn't as big, so if you're trying to look for something that's particularly old or obscure you won't have luck finding it. But the ease of use and its relative safety (as far as torrents go) make this the first place I go when I'm looking for filesharing.

2 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the KickassTorrents staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
on 4/21/16
Add your answer
on 1/30/16
A: You don't. Not that it matters now, seeing as the site has been down for around a month now. You just probably wandered onto a clone KAT website meant to scam people.
on 8/25/16
Helpful answer
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the KickassTorrents staff and other customers.