US Government’s NSF

188 Spear Street, 3rd Floor
San Francisco, CA 94105

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Just completed "Ice Scream", by Morgan Hannam McDonald, and Wow what a ride. You've got two thrillers going on at the same time; it flips back & forth between Alaska and California. In Alaska, you have Special Agent with the F.B.I, Annie Thomas working a grizzly serial murder rampage involving frozen corpses. In California, her brother, homicide detective J.J Thomas & his partner Shadowhawk are chasing one or more murderers who are stalking Shadowhalk. Can you connect the two thrillers?
In Alaska, Annie has spent the last year on leave-of-absence mending a broken heart. She returns to work to confront a serial killer and possibly a love affair - wait for the fireworks!
In California, in spite of chasing a murderer who also is stalking her, the verbal exchange between Shadowhawk & Thomas is so hilarious i will have you laughing out loud.
I loved this book! Annie is kick-ass bad - Thomas is bad, but such a hunk - and Shadowhawk is hilarious! Don't miss out on this one!

Crimson and The Battle of Lonely Mountain Novel and Tea

As far as the Tea, DELISH!!! The perfect brew to relax, flavors as magical as the novel by Valerie Pike. Floral notes as enchanting as the writer herself. The perfect cup to sip, while reading Crimson and the Battle of Lonely Mountain Chapter book. A magical story, full of karmic philosophies, romance, intrigue and characters that take on caring, loving, motives. A story worthy of any age, teaching lessons within morals. Imagination so vivid, it is a sure bet for a fantastical motion picture.

Linde Clark
Film Critic

Love the site. Wished they'd change their policies on webcomics and comics,though.It would be nice to review them on the platform.It would be nice to be able to keep track of them where I keep track of my other reading. Stil really useful.

I really enjoyed the book, Hover.
The characters seem so real. I am wondering if the author is going to write a sequel. Loved it.

I download goodreads as an app on my iPad to help keep track of the books I was reading. I highly recommend this site,it turned out to so much more than a place to store lists. You can add other people to see what they recommend or have suggested books depending on your preferences, I have read so many authors that I would have never really picked up.
Give it a go for me there is no downside to this site it's free so if it doesn't suit your needs you can get rid of it.

I found the book full of intriguing characters. It kept my attention from the beginning to the ending. It is a fascinating read and I learned a lot about the life of the "cult" and the people who live or lived there.

my teacher want me to submit my book review on your site. where do i submit it.

Sarah McCoy has successfully blended history and present day in an engaging and absorbing story of two women dealing with love and family; conflict and war. She builds a foundation for an emotional and heartwarming conclusion. A very good read.

Loved the book the author has a great gift. I loved the story about her faith and the ability to forgive which is not easy to do. The book takes place in south which is where I live. It held my interest well, I read it in 2 nights. I hope to purchase some as gifts.

This site helps manage, catalog, and rate books. You can organize them by ones you have read, want to read, own, and so on. They also offer giveaways of books not yet released that authors will give for free in addition for an honest rating (which isn't required just encouraged). TRY THE GIVEAWAYS. So far, in the past year i have won almost 40 books (want proof, I would be happy to show you my many emails and exploding bookshelf haha!). To those saying this site only reviews top books and publishers, that is false. The site itself reviews nothing, its the users that review. And thanks to programs like the new book giveaways, obscure books are getting ratings! I also love that authors themselves use this site and often interact with readers!

Love the characters and story line. Easy read.

Next to this may be the best site on the internet. Here you can keep track of what you read and write reviews about your favorite (or not so favorite) books. It also logs stats about your past reading history. I always come here when I want to find interesting books and it never disappoints me. Highly recommended for keeping a book journal.

I recently purchased and read Seraphympire Garduans of the Gateway by Renee Spyrou. This was an awesome read, i thoroughly enjoyed the book especially if you like Vampires and super natural fantasy but this book has a brilliant twist which makes it unique.. I highly recommend it.

I must say i love this particular website. Great neighborhood associated with visitors putting up thoughtful feedback. Looking at the buying price of books these days, it is worth purchasing a book from this site. In addition, you receive announcement and also ads through experts or maybe submitting brands you are interested in.

The site doesn't function well, so expect trouble. I had a link take me to the wrong location on the site. Customer support is just PR without any technical help for site problems. Customer support doesn't even know you are registered and have a book on their site. The free giveaway program is determined by them and not you. So, its a bias program. But, the worse is that there are many fake reviews according to many other reviewers.

"HONOR AND POLYGAMY" a novel by Omar Farhad.

A fascinating look at an alien culture told in the form of a gripping novel. It is told with a depth of understanding only possible by someone with intimate knowledge of the society, it's customs and mores. This first work by the author gives promise of many exciting future works. It is a quick read and highly recommended.

It's clearly best/biggest of type, hence i was highly motivated. That didn't last long. It's a very typical kind of website: looks slick but has a clunky interface and worse 'help'. I waded through its ratings process [rate 20 books or die!], when i didn't need GR recommendations.
I was there to meet people. I gathered the only way to do that is to join a "discussion group". But i couldn't even find any, much less join one. I'm tired of fighting interfaces [of apps too] so i gave up. I should've had more patience? Funny, that's what they all say.

I recommend book likes over goodreads. Here is why. If I'm looking for chapter books for my 5-7 year old, what your looking for is a book that's around 4,000 to 16,000 words. Most of the books tagged on the website as chapter books, largely tend to fall under middle grade reading.

While if your kid is a advanced reader, this may not be disastrous, this can hurt the motivation to read for kids that are not ready for books that are not chapter books yet. Why is this going on? It's because users (that's non-inhouse readers) get to give tags of the books.

A casual reader is not going to be able to tell the difference between an 80 page book with 4,000 words. And a middle grade that's also 80 pages buy around 20,000 words. They'll put just about anything that's a short book in the category of chapter books, simply because it's short.

That's aside from the review madness.

I like this site. Quotes are well structured. You can always find quote in category you are interested and also read about author of quotes. If you like books and quotes - this place is for you.

I don't find any usefulness on this website, I was searching for free books download, i found this website and it asked me to rate the book before downloading any book, it asked me to rate around 20, i did it still i was not able to download. Finally i thought i wasted a lot of time rating and going into this website. i dont recommend it

this site reviews ONLY big publisher books. . BORING!

This is my number one "go to" app on my iPad. I read a ton of books and I love to share my thoughts on each book with others. This site allows me to do so! I also love reading others reviews before purchasing my next ebook.
This site is tons of fun, you also get to update with comments or page number your on and share it with others as well. I love to go back on a book I've ad and read my updates on how I was feeling throughout the book so ill know if I want to re read it or not!

Permits authors to network and swap reviews, falsely inflating the perceived value of their work. Scam all the way. The site is set up to encourage scams like this, and they ban anyone who protests. Keeping unscrupulous authors happy is Goodreads' bread-and-butter. I like keeping track of my books there and sharing my opinion, but I would never buy a book based on the reviews I read there, and I stay far, far away if something was self-published. Too bad the scammers ruin it for everyone else!

I've been a member for a while. They WILL send you unwanted and unsolicited emails. For example advertising events even after you unsubscribe 4x from ALL emails. I just got one that says

You are receiving this message because you've read a book by Anne Rice. We have some exciting news for you!

Um. Yeah and I rated that book I read 1 star. They don't care what your opinion of a writer is. They just push them on you.

My recommendations were broken for a year and a half. They fixed them the week before they sold the site to Amazon.

Facts on books are often wrong. Help is not helpful. It's a fairly bad site that Amazon bought when Goodreads was looking into selling books. Expect it to get swallowed at some point by Amazon who didn't want it for the community but was preventing competition..

Do NOT trust reviews on Goodreads. Between author shills, troll wars and the staff deleting good reviews for books by authors that are attacked by their pet trolls, there is no credibility in a large number of the so called reviews. They do not require a 'reviewer' to read a book to review it.

Approach with caution, and depend on reading samples as the review section has become like a high school in bad neighborhood.

3 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the GoodReads staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question