US Government’s NSF
SiteJabber for Business

FlexJobs reviews

•  Email business  •  Phone: 1-866-991-9222
Check out FlexJobs for yourself today!
View Now
Review of FlexJobs

FlexJobs reviews

84%
Categories: Freelancing, Job, Work At Home
US
Tel: 1-866-991-9222
feedback@flexjobs.com
Check out FlexJobs for yourself today!
View Now

Write Review

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

Review Highlights

laura-anneq

I encourage anyone looking to work at home to start their job search on FlexJobs. (in 12 reviews)

jesss25

I have a college degree and have used FlexJobs to search for management level, telecommuting jobs. (in 7 reviews)

saram53

It is a free (to employers), widely traveled job board that we are now using to find most of our employees. (in 4 reviews)

▼ Sort by: recent

pamg29
7/12/16

After retiring early in 2013 I discovered that I needed to return to work for a few years until I reach the age where I can collect Social Security. But I wanted to work on my terms this time around and that meant working from home.
I started searching the internet for telecommuting jobs, but quickly discovered that most of whats posted online are scams. Then I stumbled upon FlexJobs! A review of their site was an eye opening experience. The jobs posted on FlexJobs are real and guaranteed to be legitimate. I signed up and began my job search in earnest.
It took some time to find the right fit for me, but I was able to find freelance work thru FlexJobs while continuing my search for a full time, permanent position. I accepted a full time, permanent position with a nationally known health insurance company in February, 2016. I couldnt be happier with my choice and with my commute. A short walk down the hall. And I owe it all to FlexJobs.

charlottel15
7/3/16

was shocked at how easy it was to find a remote position (I travel full time) through flexjobs. I changed jobs several times after signing up to get the perfect job but flexjobs gave me the start I needed to get in with a company that was remote, then I was offered better positions through them and then eventually got my dream job, I could not have made the moves without flexjobs though - highly recommend! Worth the cost. Here's the coolest part though, it is normally IMPOSSIBLE to cancel a membership, but when I called to cancel (since I had a job) the person was extremely nice and then a few days later I received a congratulations package with some fun things - I have never been treated so nicely when I left a company. I would return to use their service if I ever need to again and have recommended them to many people wanting a more flexible lifestyle!

shelbyb40
6/23/16

I found FlexJobs and signed up for a month not expecting to find anything. Within a week of my job search I found and applied to a job that I was hired for about a week later. It has allowed me to phase out my miserable, dead end job and work on my own schedule from home. It was an answer to my prayers and I am beyond thankful.

janelles5
6/22/16

Never thought I would find a flexible job as a therapist but I did on Flexjobs. It only took me a few minutes of searching and applying. I took advantage of the free trial. The sign up and canceling was easy. I received an email asking how I liked the job etc.. A++

donnat60
6/2/16

I was fired from my dream job after I was diagnosed with a disability. Being in my mid 50's, sick and having a termination on my resume, did not help in my search for employment, let me tell you. After 1 1/2 years of being unable to find a job, I turned to flexjobs. Within three months I was hired by a Fortune 500 Company, doing what I love, helping people and working from home. Flexjobs has changed my life! I no longer have to worry about trying to drag myself into an office when I am in a flare and very sick. I no longer have to worry about getting fired because of my illness. Thank you so much Flexjobs! You literally saved my life!

vivianm34
5/13/16

Very user friendly. Had top tier companies calling me immediately and a new wonderful telecommute permanent position within weeks of first signing up.

michellep90
5/12/16

Using the postings supplied on FlexJobs, I landed two 100% telecommute contract offers within 3 weeks, which was even more than I hoped for when I decided to give the site a try! I can be both stingy and skeptical, but I recommend FlexJobs to people all of the time!

aarons85
4/25/16

I relied on FlexJobs when I was unemployed to find a new job. I was hoping to work from home so I could stop commuting every day. I found two part-time positions through FlexJobs that I was working. I also found a connection to a company that ended up being the full-time job I started recently. I've stopped one of the part-time jobs and am working with the other one on Saturdays until the current project is finished.

jeni152
4/15/16

So far, every job I've applied for using Flexjobs has acknowledged my receipt of my application and I've had a few job offers. I'm still discussing those opportunities with the potential employers, but I anticipate making the decision soon. I have only been using their site since for a few weeks and it is wonderful. I have already recommended them to several people.

sophias18
4/13/16

I used to work at an investment bank--long hours and lots of traveling. When I got pregnant, I knew that I had to find something different. I wanted a career, but I now value flexibility above all else. That's when I started looking for a more flexible job. FlexJobs made it easy for me to browse opportunities and apply easily. I liked that FlexJobs listed the opportunities, gave detailed information, but I could apply directly to the job itself, rather than filling out some third-party applications. I also liked that I could easily search and save opportunities that I was interested in. The daily email blast was also helpful. I love that my current position has flexible hours and I can work from home!

andreeam2
4/10/16

FlexJobs is awesome if you are looking for a telecommute position. They post a large range of jobs, and all it takes is some patience. I have been applying for several positions for the past six months, and I finally got two freelance telecommute positions. I am very happy with the outcome, as these two jobs complement my income from my full time job very nicely. I also like the idea of being able to work from anywhere. I highly recommend FlexJobs to anyone.

christinah60
3/11/16

They make it very easy to search and apply for remote jobs that fit my schedule and needs.

briannar12
3/8/16

I had a wonderful experience with FlexJobs. I was tired of working 70+ hours a week and missing out on time with my family, so I started researching remote positions and came across FlexJobs. It was an excellent, streamlined way for me to narrow my search to exactly what I wanted (I was a little picky because I wanted to work remotely and have flexible hours and didn't want to do sales). After about 3 months (again, I was picky and could have probably found a job faster otherwise) I was hired for an amazing position, working from home with a company located on the other side of the globe with some amazing people. I love my job now, have time for my family and can even pursue my hobbies now as well!

chadh40
3/5/16

I was in need of a part time at home job with flexibility to work around establishing a business in the medical field. My medical job schedule was sometimes unknown hour to hour and the jobs I found on Flexjobs are perfect to fit anywhere in the day and allow me to work from home and focus on my new business. Excellent service.

philipg25
1/11/16

I was searching for a remote job as an IT consultant because I have to live in rural Virginia for family reasons. I signed up for FlexJobs and set up a job search. I received daily emails with relevant job openings. I ultimately found an exciting new job that matches my skills. I would never have found the job opening without FlexJobs. I definitely recommend FlexJobs to anyone who is looking for remote and/or flexible work.

eh63
1/8/16

Three times over the course of a few months I have contacted support about an issue. It is the same issue each time. Each time I have received a reply that the webmaster is looking into the issue. I have not heard back from the webmaster nor support after my last request. So on December 16, 2015 I wrote a third email to the CEO through LinkedIn. I have not yet heard back.

I could not find all of my emails and support's subsequent replies but here is what I could find. It is in chronological order.

I sent a second message Oct 30, 7:59pm
Contact Form

Message field: This is the 2nd message regarding this. All of the "Today's Jobs of Interest for You!" emails that I receive show the first 7 out of X jobs. No problem. But when I go to the "New Jobs of Interest page" to see the rest the additional jobs are not there. Is there any reason why I can't just get all the "jobs of Interest" in the email instead of just 7? Not being able to see/find the additional jobs is becoming very frustrating.

Auto reply from support:

Hello!

Thank you for your recent email to FlexJobs.com.

Our client services business hours are 9:00am to 6:00pm (MST), Monday through Friday. We will respond back to your email within one business day of receipt.

You can refer to our Frequently Asked Questions https://www.flexjobs.com/faq for links and information on accounts, job information, and more about our site.

Best of luck in your job search!

The FlexJobs Team

Reply to my second message to support Nov 2, 10:59am

Thank you for your recent email to FlexJobs. I will let the webmaster know that you are seeing a different number of new jobs sent in the email then you are showing on your account. This is a bug that is happening to certain users, so I will have them take a look.

Please let me know if you have any further questions.

All the best,

Client Services and Support

My third email to the CEO:

Hi Sara,

I joined Flex Jobs a few months ago. I was very excited by all of the telecommute jobs. Great service.

I realize that you probably don't deal with these types of issues on a day-to-day basis, and I want to keep the service, and did not want to go this route, but the issue I am experiencing is a showstopper and one that I think that you should know about.

I signed up to get a daily email about jobs that match my criteria. They arrive everyday but they only show me the first 7 jobs regardless of how many there are. The email directs me to login to my account to see the rest of them. But they are not there.

I have sent [three] message about this to support. The first one before October 30th, the 2nd one on October 30th, the third one on November 12th. I am told that the webmaster is working on this.

This is unacceptable. I'm an IT person. If the service is set to include just 7 notices in a job alert, then it can be set to include any number of notices. Why is it throttled at 7? If this is a business decision or a throughput issue I can understand. But in either of those cases I should then be able to see the remainder on the site. And I cannot.

Wed, May 4, 2016
Update:

I have gotten around to updating my initial review. It's been quite a while and things did eventually work out. I did receive a response from the CEO and she apologized for the problem and put me in touch with support. I worked with a very good support person there. She gave me another 2 months free to compensate for the issues that I had been having.

We talked about the issue and decided to try an approach that might fix the issue of the missing jobs on the "New Jobs of Interest page". With her help I closed my account, and then she re-opened it. After that I started to get jobs on my "New Jobs of Interest page."

I was getting more that I expected and some did not seem to be related to my search query. So I will have to fine-tune my search. All in all though I am satisfied.

jillw18
12/25/15

I am a remote graduate student and mother of five young children and have sought remote work for the last 4 years. Flexjobs.com is absolutely the only site that I could find that offered a comprehensive (and I mean REALLY THOROUGH) list of remote jobs in every possible industry that are fully vetted. No scams whatsoever! The moment a job posting is gone I just clicked a button to let the Flexjobs team know and they were on it to take it down.

I was actually able to find multiple jobs on Flexjobs, including my current full-time, salaried (with benefits) position at a successful publishing company.

Flexible work options are an absolute necessity in our current society where rent costs less than childcare and Flexjobs seriously understands this.

jenna232
12/18/15

So thankful to have found this website that delivered great value. Jobs listed are true jobs, and search/filter options made it easier to find positions that fit my specific needs. Very impressed, would definitely recommend it.

farao1
10/19/15

I found my job through this website within one week.I would suggest it to anyone!

dw538
10/14/15

My experience with FJ was a bit tedious at the start, but if you are a serious job seeker - a small hurdle to help you find what you're looking for.

fredab2
9/22/15

I signed up for FlexJobs and was hired within the first 45 days. Amazing.

michellec89
9/18/15

This is the 2nd review I have had the pleasure to write about flexjobs.com. The first, one day after creating my profile I found a part-time telecommute position doing exactly what I love - reviewing legal documents. Last Friday, I submitted my resume to a company in Dallas to do the same thing - reviewing legal documents. I received a response requesting a phone interview on the coming Monday. I had two phone interviews Monday and received a job offer Tuesday morning! That's not even the best part! It is 100% tele-commute, great pay, great benefits and the company has great reviews! Thank you AGAIN flexjobs!!!!

Tip for consumers: Check the postings daily even if you have an alert set up! Some companies will post in a category that you may not be in.

tarynm2
9/17/15

Flex jobs was a painless experience compared to my recent experiences looking for a traditional 9-5 job. Flex jobs made the experience enjoyable because they tailored the job alerts to the type of work and hours I was looking for. I'm currently working to increase my freelance writing experience in hopes of one day making it my full-time job. Flex jobs has been extremely helpful in making that path easier by providing tips on improving my resume for freelance positions.

corinal1
8/3/15

I joined Flexjobs.com not long back in search of a legitimate job that I could do from home and after about five months or so I found one. I started my new job with Sutherland Global Services back in April and I absolutely love it! I couldn't be happer. Thanks so much Flexjobs!

jaredn5
7/29/15

Wonderful site. Found legitimate work-from-home job. Had great tools and resources to help with my search. Only took a month in my case. Will most liekly continue to use service in future.

188 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FlexJobs staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
4 days ago
Answer
saraf1
A: Hello Mary! FlexJobs is a subscription job search service designed to help people find legitimate, professional-level, pre-screened telecommuting and flexible jobs. The reason job seekers need to sign up for a membership and pay a fee is that we don't allow ads on our site, and employers post their jobs for free so that we can screen them and remove any scams/bogus business opportunities/junk that comes through. Free job search sites dont have a pre-screening process for their job listings or companies, so job seekers are exposed to countless scams. By being a subscription service for job seekers, we show that were 100% committed to them, not to advertising or to job scammers. We've been featured by CNN, the Wall Street Journal, Good Morning America, Forbes, and many other major media outlets. Were a member of the Better Business Bureau, we've received the VeriSign Trust Seal, were certified by TRUSTe for online privacy protection, and were a Certified McAffee SECURE Site to prevent online threats. Were also the first and only job search site to receive an Online Trust Leadership Award for Excellence. Forbes named us one of the Top 75 Websites for Your Career. You can view all our awards and certifications here https://www.flexjobs.com/awards . In addition, we offer a 100% satisfaction guarantee, no questions asked. If you're unsatisfied with our services for any reason, all you have to do is request a refund from our Client Services team. It is as simple as that. Please let us know if you have any other questions as you research us online! The FlexJobs Team
3 days ago
Helpful answer
Add your answer
1 week ago
Answer
saraf1
A: Hello Ralph! We always suggest taking a look at our current job database https://www.flexjobs.com/jobs to see if we currently have positions open that will match a person's skills and flexibility preferences. We have over 50 different job categories with positions ranging from entry level to executive. We wish you the best in your career search! The FlexJobs Team
1 week ago