US Government’s NSF

Rating Distribution

Detailed Rating Summary

micheleb9
11/14/14

What a nightmare it was to deal with this company. I read their policies online before ordering from them to ensure if there were any problems I would be able to receive a refund and return my ordered items.

I ordered two dresses.....Received the dresses after a very long wait....both dresses were defective, puckered and unwearable.
I took pictures of the dress (on me) and an email. At first they basically said - too bad - you hit the "order button". Then when I persisted they acknowledged that the dresses were pretty bad, and offered to refund 30% of my over 300 order. Then they said I could keep the dresses as they wouldn't be able to resell them because of the workmanship. So, they want to give met $100 and have me pay them $200 for unwearable dresses. I was more than shocked as I had followed all their policies....and they saw the dresses and acknowledged that they were a mess. At this point I am out 300+ dollars, and have launched a paypal dispute claim due to their unethical business practices. Buyer BEWARE - this company does not follow their own policies and will not make a wrong right with their customers.

rachels9
11/14/14

I have been in love with the "Reese" wedding gown by Maggie Sottero for a while and when I saw that fishinthesky.com could re-create a similar version for $219, I decided to take a chance and purchase the dress online. I found a coupon for $9 off if you "Like" the company's Facebook page, so my dress was only $209. I ordered the dress on 1/10/12 and received it on 2/20/12. I am very pleased with the quality! Honestly, I had very low expectations because you always hear horror stories about women who purchase their wedding gowns online, but I was very pleasantly surprised at how much the dress looked like the original designer's gown. It is beautiful! I would definitely order another dress from this website. They are legit.

marjoryp
11/13/14

Only one word: EXCELLENT!
Customer service was quick & efficient.
The dress was made beautifully.

ah440
10/26/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE unless you are willing to take whatever you get!!! They will not exchange dresses even though it clearly says they will on their website.

THEY FULLY COMMIT FRAUD in their color charts and when asking for an exchange - have been told that our dress (wrong color) "is beautiful and one of a kind passing inspection..." NOT A QUESTION OF IF THEY THINK IT IS BEAUTIFUL. Bottom line DO NOT ORDER FROM HERE unless you want to waste money and are okay with anything that shows up.

Also - all of the positive reviews on here are CLEARLY written by the company!!!

cathyl7
10/22/14

DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS WEBSITE!!! I ordered a $200 dress from this site. I chose the correct size, expecting there to be minor alterations needed if any at all. I tried he dress on when it finally arrived. Yes, it had the 32 band size (as ordered) but the bust area was large enough to fit a large C or small D cup woman!!! I am able to fit at least 2-3 fingers inbetween my skin and where the dress material comes out to in that area. It is common sense that the dress be made proportionately to the measurements given. I have been arguing with this company for months and they said a local tailor should be able to fix it. Well hey can't. In order to do that they'd have to take the dress apart, resize the areas, and put it back together. This would be just as expensive as the dress!!! This is carelessness on the seamstress' part and according to their policy is cause for refund. They will not cooperate and refund all or any of my money. I plan to return the dress to the shipping address with a complaint (again) and leave it at that. SCAMMERS!!!

olgai3
6/26/14

If I could give this company a negative star, I would. It was a total disaster and embarrassment. Prior to ordering, I chatted and exchanged emails with them various times. They reassured me that they do accept return. So, I ordered the dress and specifically noted "same as the picture" so that there would be no misunderstandings. When I received the dress, it was NOTHING like the picture. The pictured dress was light pink. The dress I received was beige and YELLOW with some pink. It was hideous. When I tried to return the dress, they said no returns because the shipping was more expensive than the actual dress. I paid $170.00. They first offered me $25.00. Then, $35.00. And, after two weeks they offered me $45.00. DO YOURSELF A FAVOR, DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY. THEY ARE LIARS, SCAMMERS, ETC. I FEEL SO VIOLATED. BUY ONLY FROM USA. DO NOT BOTHER WITH CHINA, JAPAN, ETC. All they want is your money. The quality of the dress was a total joke.

araceliv
6/21/14

Everything on the website looks great but I either see excellent reviews or horrible reviews. I have 1 year to deal with minor issues if I decide to order my dress through this web site. Could someone please advise if this is truly a scam or not? I'll send my measurements a few inches bigger and with plenty of time... I just want to know the overall quality and the outcome of the product.

ls44
4/11/14

If I could give this company NEGATIVE STARS I would. I ordered a dress and sent in my measurements and told them to make it 3-4" longer than picture. It arrived as a short dress and was way too small. I have tried numerous times to send the dress back as this was all their error and they will not take the dress back OR do anything about this. They had the nerve to tell me to order another one and they would give me a discount. Really? I don't think so. DO NOT EVERY BUY FROM THIS COMPANY. I seem to be out $160 and I am not happy. Please spread the word that this is a fraudulent company and do not do business with them unless you want to lose your money.

reneeb12
10/22/13

This place is a total scam. Ordered a dress for my daughter, never came within the two week, was delivered 15 days after event and to mail it back - it is costing me $30 dollars and a ton of paperwork to dispute the charge... DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE!!!!

julieb41
10/9/13

Ordered the wrong size dress. Wedding coming up soon! Takes 1 day response for EVERY email and reply. Canot have a converation. Phone number will not accept calls. Chat line continues to hang up on me. I have never had problems such as this. Its not like I want my money back, would just like to exhange. Dress came with NO TAGS OR RECEIPT. I am not sure what size it is. They told me to take it to a tailor and have the back laced up but the dress is waaay to small. Tailor said she cannot do anything. . It like they monitor your email address and wont take your concerns. TOTALLY TERRIBLE SITUATION! DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS COMPANY!

main2
5,550 helpful votes
9/30/13

Scraping Website - Illegal, Stolen Trustmarks
Site Using Fake or Fraudulent Trust Marks and Seals are key indicators of a Scam Site.
Why trust a site that needs to Steal Trust Seals??? Where is the Trust coming from???
Use these sites with caution, do not become their next victim.
Fully read the "Warnings" and "Membership Terms and Conditions"

Note: Major Security/Trust Seals/Icons commonly used by: BBB .org, McAfee, Thawte, TRUSTe, Trustwave, UpFront, VeriSign/Norton, and others should all have URL's linked to those Icon's. When clicked the URL should "Open" the "relevant sites Certificate or verification page"!!! If they don't, they are FAKE!!!

Sites that do not subscribe to the Norton VeriSign, McAfee Secure, or other Trust/Secure services try to fool consumers/visitors by placing a stolen copy of the trustmark/seal on their website in order to give the appearance of "Trust" and "Security". This practice is called "Scraping."

(_) Why would you trust a site that needs to knowingly Steal Trust Seals? Which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business!

(_) Always remember the basic rules about Scammers/Spammers:
Scammers/Spammers always lie.
If a Scammers/spammer says they aren't lying, see rule 1.

Illegal VeriSign Certificates - Fake/Forged (site uses a JPG):
hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/ver.gif
hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/ver2.gif
hxxp://www.fishinthesky.com/images/checkout-safe.gif

========================================
Cheap Made-In-China Dress/Clothing Copying Website
(_) These sites claim to be Tailors - which they are not.
Cheap and Awful China Tailoring site "Coping Pictures" of clothing, Not Making Them!
Maybe, You Will Get What You Paid For... Cheaply Made China Cloth Sewing, NOT Tailoring!
These dress copying operations offer to sell Cheap cloth merchandise at prices that should indicate an obvious theft of funds.
Sites often hosted in China are known for selling Copyright Infringing items and Counterfeit Goods.
Payment is often through PayPal to an E-Mail Address, Western Union, Bank Transfer, or a third party payment processing site, with "No Money Back Guarantee".
Use a credit card for protection and be ready to do a "charge-back" when using these sites.
These scam sites are only after your money and make it hard to return/receive refunds.
Usual contact information, if any, is to a free email account.
Do not become their next victim. Fully read the site terms and policy's before using, if they have them.

(_) The cloth you purchase where you "think" it will look like the "professional designer pictures" on the website or that it will fit you is "No Way" close to what you "May" receive... as they just "copy" the designers picture.

(_) Do an internet search and read other reviews for cheap china dress site reviews:
(http://lmgtfy.com/?q=cheap+china+dress+site+reviews)
Common reviews for these type of sites show that clothing/dresses received were - wrong sizes and styles delivered, cheap materials, shoddy workmanship, stains and dirt on material, terrible customer service and some dresses that reeked of fish!!

(_) The pictures on the site ARE legitimate designer/manufacturer photos of a dress/clothing. Those pictures were "stolen" from the official designers/manufacturer's website. If you receive anything at all, it will not resemble those pretty pictures at all. Ever notice you never see a photo of "THEIR" dress on the website!!!

(_) You will also need to pay customs import fees and local "tailoring fees" to have the dress fixed that you just purchased to make it wearable. As sending it back will cost more than just trying to fix it yourself (and they will also tell you that), As you will be paying return shipping and any custom fees associated with it.

(_) All of which of course sounds nothing like how a legitimate and reputable company would do business.

(_) Always remember the basic rules about Scammers/Spammers:
Scammers/Spammers always lie.
If a Scammers/spammer says they aren't lying, see rule 1.
=================================================
*<=>* SiteJabber Blog - Wedding Dress Scams: Dream Dresses & Wedding Nightmares
*<->* 5 Ways to Spot a Pinterest Scam: Brides and Budget Shoppers, Beware
Read more: http://www.qualitylogoproducts.com/blog/5-ways-to-spot-a-pinterest-scam/#ixzz2b4JkwDna
*<<>>* Scam Alert: Online Wedding Dress Ripoffs - CBS News
*<<>>* Buyer Beware of Replica Gowns
------------
Read this - Buying from China?
------------
Read this - Paying by Paypal or Electronic Transfer?
------------
Read this - Best indications of fraud is scammers wanting you to send money by services like Western Union and Moneygram.
=================================================

joans24
9/30/13

Ordered dress for my granddaughters homecoming dance - paid $50 to have the dress delivered within two weeks. Kept reminding them of the delivery date and they told me not to worry dress would be delivered. Dress was not delivered and the date came and went. Told them I wanted a refund - they offered 20% off and the expedite fee. I told them I wanted a complete refund and I did not want the dress because the occasion was over. They told me it would take six months to refund even the 20% off. I told them I was going to my bank to dispute the charge (stupid me used my debit instead of credit). Fifteen minutes later they shipped the dress!!!

nancya14
9/21/13

Tried to order a dress. Was told we got 70 percent off shipping, but they were still charging $30 for shipping. I got on the chatline and asked how they could deduct 70 percent and still end up with a $30 shipping fee. The person on the chatline refused to reply. This is highway robbery. I'm glad we didn't follow through on our order.

steveh58
9/11/13

This is a scam website; these people sell cheap Chinese made junk of poor quality and then they refuse to exchange or refund by return. Stay away from this site if you value your hard earned money. These people are crooks plain and simple and you will get ripped off. My wife was heartbroken that the dress she ordered came in 2 sizes too small and they refused to do anything about it.

adrianar3
8/20/13

My mom needed a dress for my niece's wedding in October. While my 72 year old mom was visiting me in Florida, we ordered a dress from the site. I measured my mother's body, ( I used to own a costume shop so I know how to measure a body ) and chose a dress according to her measurements. Needless to say, when she received the dress back home in NC, the dress did not fit. I went on their live chat and they told me it was impossible that the dress did not fit that my mother had to send pictures... Okay great, 72 year old mom, has no computer and a flip cell phone without a camera... now what? So they told me to email the seamstress.. I did . Of course they claim the "HAND MAKE" each dress to order... Ok, REALLY? This is a Chinese company. They mass produce everything. The company will not take back my mom's dress to exchange for one size bigger. This company, like the majority of Chinese companies, are a SCAM. DO NOT ORDER FROM THEM. THEIR SIZING IS ALL OFF- 2 inches too small. AND THEY DO NOT ACCEPT RETURNS OR EXCHANGES LIKE THEIR WEBSITE CLAIMS. AT LEAST HERE IN THE USA "THE CUSTOMER IS ALWAYS RIGHT"... LET'S STICK TO AMERICAN MADE PRODUCTS. NEVER AGAIN!!!

sandran7
6/26/13

The dress arrived well within time and did look like the picture. I asked my daughter to try it on and it fitted ok, if the bodice was a little tight. She complained that the dress hurt under the arms. On closer inspection I found that the seams had not been trimmed and the binding was full of fabric. Being a sewer, I cut open the binding, cut the excess fabric and restitched the seams. Again, my daughter put the dress on (which we had purchased for her to wear at concerts when she plays the violin. I asked her to try playing wearing it and less than halfway through her piece she stopped and complained that it was hurting. She had rashes under each arm where there was a hard lump of fabric rubbing her skin. Back to the drawing board, I took the sleeves out and opened up the bodice to find that no excess fabric had been trimmed inside the bodice (I cut out heaps of excess) and at the top of the bodice, there was so much fabric in the underarm seam that it caused there to be a hard lump of fabric. I was unable to reattach the sleeves as there was insufficient fabric to make useable sleeves.
Once I had removed all excess fabric and restitched the bodice and lining, the dress fitted better in the bodice (because of how much fabric had been removed) and she now has a very pretty sleeveless concert dress. It was quite a lot of work to fix as a result of corner cutting in the dressmaking. Would I order from them again - I would be very hesitant.
The order process was very professional as was the tracking and delivery. Once pressed, the dress did look very like the picture.

dh61
4/19/13

HORRIBLE - DO NOT ORDER FROM THIS SITE. First of all, they charged my card more than I authorized. When I tried to cancel my order, they refused. They claim to have shipped the item - but I have never received it. Their customer service is a joke, this is a total scam!

mistim
4/16/13

AWFUL -- same as DREAMPROM.COM -- do not trust anything they say on their website. I am usually very compassionate and kind to businesses mistakes. This place falsely advertises and almost ruined my daughters prom. Nothing is as they promise and they will fight you tooth and nail for a refund. THEY WILL NOT ISSUE A REFUND -- They offered to give me $30 to get the dress altered! It was a $300 dollar dress that probably cost $2 to make. TERRIBLE.

selenaw2
3/25/13

I have ordered 5 bridesmaid dresses and 2 different wedding dresses from here, I am a size 8-10 so I ordered just that, the 1st wedding dress was wayyyy too small, I couldn't even get it on. 1 of the bridesmaid dresses was a darker shade than the rest, mind you I ordered all of them in the same color. 2nd wedding dress I ordered, I spoke with the representative, I am pregnant and they assured me that they would make the slip with stretch material, the dress got here and it was not made how they promised, so that was a waste of more money, and when I spoke with them they basically told me "oh well", they would not accept responsibility for their own mistake and didn't want to work with me in any way to resolve an issue that was their own fault. DO NOT purchase from this site, if you do you will be VERY disappointed! Not to mention I ordered the 2nd wedding dress in a size 16 and that JUST fit and Lord knows if I bought a size 16 dress from any other store, I would basically be able to swim in it!

vickerssr
3/20/13

The dress looked exactly how it was shown in the picture, you have to buy a skirt to go under the dress but I thought it was beautiful without it as well. Because of custom measurements through Fishinthesky my dress fit perfectly and did not have to be tailored at all. The shipping was also fast and over all I was very satisfied with my dress.

katoftbb
2/27/13

This dress is so beautiful looks like it cost thousands of dollars. The fit was perfect even when I lost weight before wedding I was able to just pull lacing in. Everyone loved this dress. Thankyou for this wonderful dress. Had too show more pictures of this dress.

houchinor
2/27/13

Dress was beautiful! People thought I paid a lot of money for this dress. I had no problems getting the dress and shipping was fast!(4 weeks), although, I know my wedding was off season. (MARCH) Thanks Fishinthesky!

boulangerns
2/27/13

The dress really does exceed one's expectations. The fabric is of very good quality. I enjoyed a lot wearing it. Also, the customer support team was of great help with all my queries.

hitchcockn
2/27/13

I ordered this dress for my wedding and I absolutely loved it. I wished that I had just given my sizes to Fishinthesky as I made an incorrect choice for the size and had to get the dress altered. But I still loved it and was very happy, and people can't believe that I didn't pay thousands for this dress.

Ask hitch$#*! about FishInTheSky.com
terrys32
12/21/12

The dress itself was not bad, but the sewing job was terrible. Nothing was straight. They DO NOT refund your money. They told us to take it to a tailor to fix the sew job. I don't think any professional seamstress would be able to fix the disaster they sent us.

1 Questions & Answers

Below are questions from consumers with answers from the FishInTheSky.com staff and other consumers. Do not write reviews in this section - click here to write a review
Ask a question
patriciab23
Patricia B.
on 3/11/13
Add your answer
Questions? Get answers from the FishInTheSky.com staff and other customers.

3 Photos for FishInTheSky.com