Review of Athleta

maryk252
7/1/17

My brother sent me a $250 gift card. I do not have a local store. I needed to return 2 tops for a smaller size. Now remember....a gift card means they already have the cash....I was told I needed to send it back, wait 15 days to process , then WAIT for a new gift card to be issued and snail mailed back to me. Of course the tops are now out of stock. This is piracy. I should have been able to do an exchange at time of return like every other high end online store. NEVER give a gift card from this outfit.

maryp205
6/29/17

Never depend on Athleta to ACTUALLY have in stock the merchandise you order online. Never depend on Athleta to be able to fulfill orders. Never depend upon Athleta Expedited Shipping---especially since they don't have the merchandise anyway yet Athleta will not give you a credit for the Expedited Shipping!!! Never believe that Athleta will send TIMELY notifications concerning merchandise shipping or notify you of their failure to have the merchandise (they wait to do that for a few days even though the order was to be "Expedited"). NEVER BELIEVE THAT YOU ARE A VALUED CUSTOMER AT ATHLETA EVEN IF YOU WERE ONE OF THEIR FIRST CUSTOMERS EVER & EVEN IF YOU HAVE THE ATHLETA CARD!! NEVER EXPECT LOYALTY FROM ATHLETA. THERE ARE FAR TOO MANY SUPERIOR RETAILERS TO PUT UP WITH ANYMORE MISERY FROM ATHLETA. NORDSTROM ZELLA BRAND OF ATHLETIC CLOTHING IS SUPERIOR & NORDSTROM IS INTERNATIONALLY FAMOUS FOR OUTSTANDING CUSTOMER SERVICE.

robine31
6/11/17

Once I discovered Athleta, I bought about half of my clothes from them. Dresses, shorts, sweaters, sweatshirts, skirts, socks, everything! The designs, the fabrics, quality, etc. all met my expectations. I don't like paying full price for anything but I would for Athleta just to make sure I got items that I liked.

I had a Gap charge card forever, probably 14, 15, 16 or maybe more years. So, when I started shopping at Athleta, I just used my Gap card. A few months ago, an Athleta associate talked me into opening Athleta's. Meanwhile, I closed my Gap card since I could use my Athleta card at Gap. BIG mistake.

First, I returned some items that I had purchased with "rewards" and was told by the store that I would get that credited on my statement. Five months later, no such credit. That was $45. I pay all of my bills as soon as they arrive. And I don't make payments; I pay in full. Twice in four months, I've gotten a statement saying that I MISSED a payment. If I had gotten a statement, I would have paid it. Period. This could be a USPS issue, sure. But, I've not had the problem with any other bill that I've received. And, I've not gotten my $45 rewards credit and, so, I cancelled this card.

Now I don't have a Gap card or an Athleta card. Maybe it's time to find a new store. Ugh, so disappointed.

sophiam39
6/10/17

WORSE CUSTOMER SERVICE: I walked in the athleta store at Old Orchard mall for the first time to take a closer look at some leggings I liked on the window display. I walked around the store for a few minutes. I was thinking of trying the pants on and then I realized nobody greeted me. I went to the back to look at the sale rack and walked back to the pants I was thinking of buying and the sales person walked by and looked the other way as if I wasn't there. I then waited for the cashiers to finish their transactions one looked at me and didn't say anything. I got a little upset. I googled their store while I was there. I wrote an email about my experience while I was still there and still no-one came to see if I needed anything. I left the store thinking to myself I have been to worse places with better customer service. I'm Hispanic by the way. I don't know if this has anything to do with that. I will never go back to this place.

sandyw65
5/17/17

Started shopping at Athleta because of their credit card promos. What a NIghtmare! No matter how much I like the clothes it is not worth the aggravation to get and use the rewards. I spoke to cust. service MANY times, they always referred it to the credit card company. Went in store for help. The very kind manager there tried for almost an hr to remedy. She was so frustrated that she could do nothing she was calling her area manager. Still at mercy of credit card. In my mall, there is a lucy, Lululemon and Fabletics. Sorry Athleta but if I earn my rewards but can't use them-I'm shopping elsewhere.

angelb58
2/24/17

I have never found a place that sells clothing that looks good, feels good and is reasonably priced all at the same time. I love to travel and to work out and these clothes are great for both! Great customer service, fast shipping, great deals in store and more. Thank you Athleta!

rm112
9/2/16

I've read a lot of reviews for Athleta--many are complimentary, but my experience was not positive even though the company's marketing and online communication would lead customers to believe it is. I ordered 4 items; was sent an email indicating all were shipped; was later sent an email that one item was not available...confusing.

...was sent an email that my order had been delivered. It hadn't been delivered. ...was told on the phone that if I wanted the items shipped again, I would have to either wait for another department to review my "case," or I could place another order and be charged again. They were unwilling to credit me despite the fact that I didn't have the first order. I found it really hard to understand both customer service representatives--not because they were not fluent in English, but because they fired off their rules and limitations so quickly I found myself asking them to repeat themselves.

I guess I just miss a time when -- as a customer -- it felt as though one's business was appreciated. This company is more interested in making its profit than pleasing the people who bring that profit in. Beware if there is a mix-up on your order. Judgement will not be in your favor.

lrg1
8/25/16

Free shipping free returns and amazing quality!!

abbyg10
1/28/16

I do like some of the running pants, but it's overpriced in my opinion. Go to Ross or TJ Max for your workout clothes. Same quality products for A LOT less money.

ranjanp2
10/16/15

Athleta is unbeatable: their products and customer service is unparalleled. I buy stuff and see how it works. If it doesn't, I take it back for free--and no questions asked. For workout gear and cute casual lounging about wear, this is my go to shop!

bp20
9/5/14

Do not order a gift card from Athleta. I ordered a hefty one as a gift for my daughter-in-law. The confirmation for it arrived and I assumed the card was on its way. Three weeks later (3 weeks!) I learned that indeed no card had been sent and when I called I was given 4 explanations, none of which made sense. I was NEVER notified that the card was not sent, so their records showed. A very weak apology was all I was offered. That company is off my list forever.

stefaniy
5/7/13

This site is very easy to navigate, and ordering is a snap. I love the workout clothing and the apres workout attire - my favorite dress is one I bought for my trip to Mexico in 2010 - the Pack Everywhere dress; I still wear it every summer. A waiter in Mexico spilled o.j. on my lap and it just rolled off the dress - not a spot on it!

fischerj
3/27/12

They are great with filing orders and handling returns. You have to print the return label off their website. I was having trouble printing the label and the customer service rep sent the label to my email address. She stayed on the phone with me until it appeared in my mail box.

juliep6
9/30/11

I love this site and the product and service are excellent!

daniell12
9/20/11

Looks like they have great clothing, plus the woman on the home page is really cute. But I did want to warn people of a possible virus or just SPAM looking like it's from Athleta. My coworkers received the same thing but under their own name. Info is below:

Dear Dane L*****

You may check the status and order information of your order by:

Item

Payment Info

VISA:

Sincerely,

athleta.com Customer Service

Si no desea seguir recibiendo nuestros emails, por favor presione aqui

Helpful answer
I received a SPAM email to my work address Thanking me for shopping at Athleta and providing me an order number. Not sure if this is a virus or not so I'm taking any chances on clicking on anything. The email came from Athleta@emark14.embluejet.com and looks like this: Dear Dane L***** Thanks for shopping at athleta.com. Your order number is #16YWB0G. Please print this page or write this number down, for future reference. This order should arrive within 9 business days. You may check the status and order information of your order by: http://www.athleta.com/myaccount/order?=16YWB0G Item Description Size Unit Price Qty Total Return Type Sporty Shirred Swim Skirt Black XL 44.00 1 44.00 Mail only Shirrendipity Halter Tankini White XL 59.00 1 59.00 Mail only Sporty Shirred Bottom Garden Green XL 42.00 1 42.00 Mail only Shirrendipity Halter Bikini Garden Green DCUP 44.00 1 44.00 Mail only Doran Dress Indigo XL 69.00 1 69.00 Mail only Double Dutch Tee Venetian Blue XL 54.00 1 54.00 Mail only All Terrain Skirt Cargo 16 59.00 1 59.00 Mail only Summary of Charges Order Subtotal: 371.00 Shipping & Handling: Free Tax: 28.64 Order Total: 399.64 Payment Info VISA: You will receive a shipment notification email message as soon as we send your order. We may also send you additional updates regarding the status of your order. This email is for your records only and cannot be used as a receipt for in-store returns. To receive a full refund, you must bring the invoice included in your shipment to the store. New: Gap, Old Navy, Banana Republic, and Piperlime return policies have changed. Return merchandise within 45 days of the original online purchase date. To view the entire return policy, CLICK HERE. Sincerely, athleta.com Customer Service

Questions? Get answers from the Athleta staff and other customers.

Athleta?