Review of Weberbbq

1 Review From Our Community

robertw274
12/5/17

It is now more than a year since mine caught fire. Seeing what happened in Grenfell UK has really got me worried.
I removed the plastic side table things, they were a waste of time, never strong enough to hold anything decent, and sloped outwards so that even untensils tried to slide off. I am glad I did, as that meant there was less plastic to burn on the day of my fire.
I used my Q to roast a chicken every week. It cooked efficiently, and the food tasted great. The turtle shell design is really very clever for even convective cooking. BUT once the plastic parts of the frame and stand caught fire, i had 1.5 to 2 mtr flames, and dripping burning plastic ruining my patio tiles. This could have burnt my house down had we not reacted quickly to turn off the gas, and try to extinguish.
These have 2 main design flaws. Firstly, the choice of plastic material in the construction. Plastic after all, is just a condensed form of a fossil fuel. Secondly, they have the ability for fat to collect onto the sides of the cooking box ABOVE the height of the burner.
These things are popular on apartment balconies. If you have one, please clean the lower half as often as possible, contact Webber to discuss how to prevent fires, and keep a fire extinguisher nearby.
Don't let yourself go down in history as the cause of another Grenfell.
I wasted $500 on something that lasted less than 2 years, and the manufacturing costs are certainly much less than the retail price. But right now I don't care about the money, I am just grateful that no body was injured by my webber. Photos available upon request.

Questions? Get answers from the Weberbbq staff and other customers.

Weberbbq?