Review of VirtualTourist

VirtualTourist reviews

jonb231
11/23/18

VirtualTourist is sadly no longer with us, as it was bought up by another company, that closed it down. It was the best travelsite on the net without any exceptions. I was a member from 1999 untill the end in 2017. It will be surely missed.

saevarp
8/30/16

OK, I may be a bit biased, as I have been a member of Virtual tourist for seven years now, and it is simply the best travel site out there. What makes it a unique place, aside from the great fellow members, - is the VT Staff. Involved, open, helpful and they are known by the members involved employees, who interact with the members on a daily basis. Using a airline lingo, if the umbrella company TripAdvisor is coach, then Virtual Tourist is 1st Class. On TA, you do not really know who's advise you are reading. On Virtual Tourist, the active and helpful members have their own travel pages and if you receive advise from one of them, you can then review their travel pages, and see what kind of person responded to your questions. The VT forums (fora), are simply better than any other such site. Why do I say that? Well, because I am a big part of the forum family there. After visiting 150+ countries, I do have some stuff that might help other travelers. Even so, if I decide to take off to anyplace, including where I have already been, I will get updates from my friends on VT. The most unique aspect though, is that at any given time there are VT meets all over the world, including an annual Euro Meet, visited in the past by several hundred members. Personally I have met several dozen members, and they are all good friends now.
VT Rocks!

rebecac
12/11/14

Great travel site, used it for the first time. i really like the idea of people behind the places. Planned my vacation in Bangkok and it was amazing. I will use virtualtourist for all my travel plans in future.

mejov
8/21/14

Virtualtourist is really good network place where common netizens share their reviews on hotels and vacations. If I'm going abroad, I would go on the this travel review sites to check the online information on the country I will visit where to stay, dine; what to see and do; travel tips and tour traps, etc.

davidhb
3/9/14

It was a great site, I used since 2000. But, after TripAdvisor bought it few years ago, is not the same and the content is stale!
Too bad...the big monster companies are buying good sites just to kill it & kill the competition!

andrewm87
12/25/13

One of the coolest travel sites on the web. I am a fan of this service for a while. Recommended and on the list of my other favorite travel sites.

nicholag
10/28/13

Being an occassional tourist is not a walk in the park. With this website, I get to update myself with the latest featured locations. Love it...

rabigaila
8/1/13

This is my first year using virtualtourist guide for vacation. Absolutely satisfied with the service, hotel reservation and whole vacation trip. Recommend this website!

jillf3
6/17/12

Absolutely terrific !

This is an excellent travel guide.

When trip planning recently , I was stuck for where to find information about a

country I was totally unfamiliar with, and people from this site were kind enough

to answer my all of my questions.